Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Ten years ten, That is a really long time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, anyway, in ten years, I don't think that we've been away for three weeks before.
Speaker 2: No, that was a long time.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean it was.
Speaker 4: It's strange because you were on while you were up in northern California, right, But we.
Speaker 1: Were able to talk to each other during the show the way we usually do because of the whatever. The just think how much technical problem we have saved up. Oh my god, I have so much as talking to do. It's ridiculous. I'm bursting at the scenes.
Speaker 3: Well, welcome back.
Speaker 5: You look like you got sun, but responsibly, not very responsibly.
Speaker 4: It just wasn't very It wasn't very warm. This was from Saturday. This was when I was on the Universal backlot on Saturday.
Speaker 1: Oh we're gonna be Oh did I right out of the gate, he's a movie star. Now somebody's away for three weeks and comes back talking about the Universal back.
Speaker 4: Lot, which was hilarious because it's such not a I mean, no one's going to see this movie.
Speaker 3: It's not a thing.
Speaker 4: It's a it's a student production for the for a master's university. Friend of a friend actually friend saw me university. It's a school up there, up in the adult theater school. No sexy time. But a guy saw me do adult theater and said he discovered Yes, so he's like, hey, would you ever want to help out with any of our And I was like, sure, what the heck?
Speaker 3: I don't care?
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 4: So then they called and said, we have a day we need yon set and here's the speaking role and could you do it?
Speaker 3: And I said sure? What did you have to wear a suit? I was a lawyer, like.
Speaker 2: How did they give you a suit? Or do you wear your own suit?
Speaker 4: They offered to give me a suit. I showed them a picture of my suit. They're like, that will be great, that'll be fine.
Speaker 2: What was how many lines did you have a handful of?
Speaker 3: Sense?
Speaker 4: Okay, give me one of them, mister Sievers. We have a contract. Do the scene as it's written. And then I say to him, let me make this clear. We hired you because you were the right fit. You were a movie star. When that's still meant something, but let's be honest, it doesn't anymore.
Speaker 2: Is that how you delivered it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, a little more angry than that.
Speaker 4: But yeah, so he's a young actor doesn't want to do what the lawyers and the production company want him to do.
Speaker 3: I don't want to get into anything like when that still meant something. I did say this.
Speaker 4: I said, if you decide not to do it our way, you will be sued. I'm sorry, You'll be replaced, and you'll be sued for breach of contract, which under the law is an automatic fifteen years.
Speaker 2: Do you know you do.
Speaker 1: Get that Transatlantic accent when you do your adult theater.
Speaker 3: Right, I certainly do.
Speaker 1: You totally do. It's very funny. It's a throwback. It doesn't happen that often. You don't hear it that often, but you definitely have a tinge of it whenever you do your adult theater.
Speaker 4: But this was a fun produc I mean, it was a full on what's the name of it. It's called descendant.
Speaker 1: You don't even know the name of your new movie, your first movie.
Speaker 4: That's a friend of mine took that picture of me. That's all the same.
Speaker 3: I'm yelling at the guy, Oh, was it descendant or descendent? No?
Speaker 2: Because a descendent is a legal definition. It's a whole production. Was this your first movie? It's a dark suit. It almost looks like a funeral suit.
Speaker 4: It's the only suit I have, right, So yes, yes, it has been a funeral suit at times. It's also been a wedding suit. I realized that Nick and Jazz's wedding came up on Facebook from five years ago. I saw that, and that was the suit that I was wearing, okay, which was funny Marion Berry suit.
Speaker 1: Okay, So now we have had several instances of you having to wear that suit. Maybe maybe we were going or just a new shirt tie combo I did.
Speaker 4: I did say to my wife last week words I've never spoken before in fifty plus years of being on this earth.
Speaker 3: I said, I should probably get a tailored suit. Yeah, or you know, because I also did an event.
Speaker 1: You can be crafty with finding your tailor too, Like you can spend nothing on the suit if you have a good tailor and take it there and they'll just fit your body, just all your curves. That right, They're meant to be snugged in at the waist at the hips. Sure, yeah those hips. Yeah, you want to make sure it have some flare there, but.
Speaker 4: I wore a I wore a jacket. A wore a sport coat, not part of a suit, but it wore a sport coat. On the previous Saturday night when I did an event down in Orange County for the Alzheimer's Association down there, and a guy came up to me after the event and he was like, I listened to your show all the time. His name was Greg I listened to your show all the time. We took a picture and I met his wife and it was great. It was very fun. The next morning, I see the picture that he posted on Instagram, and I'm wearing a jacket that looks like it's five sizes too big.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, Frank goes to Hollywood.
Speaker 1: Listen, it's not my place, but you should have a tailored suit because your suit looks too big for you.
Speaker 2: It looks like you're wearing your dad's suit.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, and that's the way. That's what I also have.
Speaker 4: Look, you don't have my dad's suit in my closet, okay, which I have worn in the past.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's good. But here's the thing. It's not just you. All suits that aren't fit to your body. Look they all.
Speaker 3: Look like that. Yeah, they look boxy. So for the most part, But then we spent the week in Mammoth and it was had I known that.
Speaker 4: Cabins could be that small, very small, I would have done a different cabin.
Speaker 2: Where did you stay? Did you stay out of place or.
Speaker 3: Do you stay at a place?
Speaker 4: It's called the Tamarack log I told you about that, yes, yeah, and it's owned by them.
Speaker 3: It's owned by the Mammoth people.
Speaker 1: Right, It's very small, it's very very tight. So you learn to love your wife again.
Speaker 3: You learn that if it's going to work. That's we learned.
Speaker 2: Hey, isn't that beautiful there? The water and the lakes.
Speaker 4: The lakes couldn't see the lakes because everything was covered with snow.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, which went summer?
Speaker 4: Yeah, which is and I imagine that in the summer. It's just gorgeous. It was gorgeous in the winter. But imagine that kind of environment with the cabins.
Speaker 3: That Look, how many days were you there for?
Speaker 4: We got their Monday night and we left Friday morning, which means you do on Wednesday when it snowed sixteen inches, we didn't do anything.
Speaker 2: You could not.
Speaker 3: We didn't want to drive.
Speaker 2: You go to the little their little sitting.
Speaker 3: Went to the restaurant.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and which was great because we spent I mean, woke up, what eight o'clock, seven thirty eight o'clock and it starts snowing, And isn't there a little.
Speaker 1: Lobby slash restaurant like the landa time forgot in the most quaint, wonderful way.
Speaker 3: It was really great. I love it.
Speaker 4: We had a reservation at the restaurant at five thirty or whatever that night, but it snowed all day.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So when dinner time rolls around, we're walking, you know, flobbing around in our sweats and you know, cozy socks.
Speaker 2: You don't have your snowshoes.
Speaker 4: Well, it takes us a half an hour to get dressed, just to walk the three hundred yards to get to the restaurant. Yeah, and it's in sixteen inches of fresh snow. So it's like, yeah, and you're at eight thousand feet you're completely out of breath by the time you walk in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And the food was great, it was It was excellent, such a great time.
Speaker 1: So what you do during the day, did you just go all shining on her Were you just like all work and no play.
Speaker 4: All I did was I watched Misery three times exactly.
Speaker 3: No I had, I was.
Speaker 4: I got on this jag and I'll tell you about it in the next segment. But I got on this jag about something that we could do on the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that text message suggested heavy drinking.
Speaker 3: I hadn't started drinking yet, but I was.
Speaker 2: Like, oh, no, he has free time. Why does he have free time vacation?
Speaker 3: And then my wife, she was working on some stuff. She has a presentation she's given tomorrow.
Speaker 4: We read books, we played card games like it was just a normal funny.
Speaker 2: My husband has a presentation he's giving tomorrow.
Speaker 3: One of the odds place. They're not the same.
Speaker 4: I do think they're so anyway, it was a great and then driving out, we were concerned because it had snowed so much.
Speaker 3: We didn't bring chains. Didn't bring chains.
Speaker 2: Why didn't you think to bring chains?
Speaker 1: They said, don't be an idiot, bring your brains, bring your chains.
Speaker 3: And I'm the guy, I'm the rule follower.
Speaker 2: He's never been to Mammoth.
Speaker 3: I'd never been to Mammoth.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so, but by the time we left on Friday, everything was great.
Speaker 2: Also, the easiest road.
Speaker 1: It's not like going to Tahoe on the fifty or whatever it's it's the going to Mammoth is the easiest drive. I thought it was going to be treacherous for whatever reason. I guess it's just from being in the mountains in northern California. It was super easy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, the one thing that I did not expect or or didn't realize was a how far away Death Valley is, because as you're going out the three ninety five, there's like a Death Valley one hundred miles to the east or wherever. And the other thing was we passed by Manzanar, which i'd never obviously read the book when it was in junior high or whatever it was, but had not.
Speaker 2: I had any deep dive Google on that.
Speaker 4: I didn't spend any amount of time thinking about where in the world Man's in are actually was Yeah, and to see it was very different, right, very.
Speaker 3: Weird, I agree. Anyway, we got an Eagle lit.
Speaker 1: It was biglitz, it was big news. And then it was a moment last week where I can I you told me you were going to Mammoth. But for a moment in time last week, I thought it was Big Bear, and I had this whole fan fiction play out in my mind within like thirty five seconds of you went there to usher in the Eglitz and you and your wife are specials.
Speaker 3: Climb up the tree and you'd see my face.
Speaker 2: It was a whole thing.
Speaker 1: And you guys made your vacation around the Eglitz Berth, and this is you guys with binoculars every day. And and then I realized that you went to Mammoth and it disappeared, and I was sad.
Speaker 4: Peter went to sleep away camp back with the trainer that helped us with him back in the fall.
Speaker 2: He would have loved that.
Speaker 3: Snow Laurie is.
Speaker 4: A trainer and her husband, Dennis went to Chico State listens to our show all the time.
Speaker 3: Oh really, Yeah.
Speaker 4: It was hilarious because he came out when I went to go pick him up pick up the dog, and we just chatted about all the old places and all the old professors because he was a communications.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm glad you met a couple of listeners because we don't have any left.
Speaker 3: Oh we're not, Why not, Well, we've been got You were gone a whole week there's nothing on the schedule anytime soon.
Speaker 2: I mean we're down to like Carl and Doug and Chris.
Speaker 3: Gary and Shannon will continue.
Speaker 6: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: Florida teenager accues of threatening a school shooting. Sandford Police announced the teen was arrested for an online threat. Seventeen years old posted a video threatened to shooting at Seminole High north of Atlanta, Orlando. Excuse me, I don't know why said he attends a different high school in the area in the video. Please say the teen had multiple guns, vests, other items. He's been charged with intimidation, written electronic threat of the mass shooting.
Speaker 3: Early days of a trade war.
Speaker 4: It looks like so Dow Jones, the SMP five hundred, the NASDAC, they are all in negative territory to the tune of a couple or a few percentage points. That now is down five hundred and sixty six points as of right now.
Speaker 1: Zelenski is in Saudia, Arabia for a visit with the Crown Prince ahead of his meeting with whoever Trump is snding over America's top diplomats as well. They're going to try to repair the damage done in the Oval Office when Zelenski met with Trump.
Speaker 4: One of the things that I will do a little bit later in the show is I got my hands on one of these spinny wheel things. It's a little big and it's a little obtrusive to be in the studio with us right here.
Speaker 5: But what will do from a fair from nineteen seventy Yes, exactly, but it still works. It's still okay.
Speaker 3: You're gonna have to You're gonna.
Speaker 2: Have to lay out this idea before I sign off on it.
Speaker 4: So we have talked before about different kinds of motivational speeches, right, and a lot of them because of what we like. A lot of them come from sports, sure or sports movies, which are also important entertainment. And I thought about the different things that we have referenced things that motivate us, and like halftime speeches that we have seen, or motivational speeches that we've seen, or speeches in movies or TV shows that are just like I'd run through a wall for that guy.
Speaker 2: Or that gallery what like miracle on ice.
Speaker 3: Like Herb Brooks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that speech is one and that's kind of what made me think of it because of the Four Nations Hockey tournament that they played, that Herb Brooks speech over the current American team getting ready to play Canada as the pregame for that final.
Speaker 3: I mean, it was. It was great. It was one of those things where you're like, I can't not. And then Gene Hackman's death.
Speaker 4: We talked about Hoosiers and the speeches that he gives in Hoosiers, And so I went through and I found a bunch of motivational speeches.
Speaker 3: Did in fact, yes, and that's.
Speaker 2: Why, that's why you did this on your vacation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, listen, I was snowed in for a long time. I'm so excited for this. Well it's it's I.
Speaker 1: Thought you meant it would be like us giving motivational speech. No, it was very troubling your text message, Wait.
Speaker 3: Let me find it.
Speaker 4: So so I went through and I found a bunch of different kinds. Not all of them are sports movies, and not all of them are actually movies. There are a couple in there that I found that are legitimate halftime speeches from high school coaches.
Speaker 3: Oh cool, where did you find these? All over the place? On the internets. Okay, ted Lasso, Oh here's one.
Speaker 4: You remember the Man in the Arena speech, the Roosevelt speech then gave to the sword bone. Of course, at the sworbone. We've referenced that a bunch of times. And being the Man in the Arena, I have JFK reading the Man in the Arena speech by Teddy Rose. Oh my god, I mean all there's so there's a bunch of them. So I figured what we would do is you would spin the wheel. You know, once we get this thing all greased up and figured out how to do it, and then whichever one it lands on, we'll play that speech.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: Here's what the text message said coming up Monday. This was sent Wednesday night, seven twenty one.
Speaker 4: Okay, which means that I mean snowed in already, and we'd gone to dinner and had a couple of drinks.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say this is I know you've had a couple of drinks. Okay. This is the text message coming up on Monday. The first motivational Monday Monday is misspelled.
Speaker 2: You put two a's in mon listen.
Speaker 1: I am not one to talk, but coming up on Monday, the first motivational monda day, spin the wheel, get a random inspirational speech. And I'm like, there wasn't a lot of contents, okay, because I'm thinking that we would give this and I'm like, we don't give motivational What.
Speaker 3: The hell are we going to say? This is perfect?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 3: What calls for this? Like?
Speaker 1: Is it every Monday just because it's Monday Monday? Just to get the week going?
Speaker 3: Litt something to get the week going.
Speaker 4: That. So the other thing I need, though, is if you can think of a speech or a scene in a movie or something like that that is that motivational speech from whatever any given Sunday or Independence Day when Bill Bill Pullman, Bill Pullman, Yes, Bill Pullman gives the speech that this our Independence Day like stuff like that. Let me know, what is your favorite motivational speech or inspirational speech from a movie?
Speaker 1: Can it also be like a speech allah Greg Williams where he's talking s to you to get you motivated.
Speaker 4: Yes, But it's the problem with the Greg Williams thing. And I did try to find is there a long form.
Speaker 3: There is?
Speaker 4: You know, there's a couple of little things that he says, but I haven't found one of him being the guy who's like.
Speaker 3: We're going to get out there and we're going to kill him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I'd love to get my hands on that bounty speech he gave. That would have been good.
Speaker 4: That leave us a talk back on the iHeart app hit. That little button tells what is the most inspirational or motivational speech in a movie or TV show.
Speaker 3: Or something like that. We've got to get.
Speaker 1: Amy Man's the eglet desk for us when we come back. Before she leaves, She's got to give us the update on we had a.
Speaker 2: Berth over the weekend? Is that okay? Amy?
Speaker 4: Yes, did you hear this story the news this morning about eaglet number three like eating?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, he definitely got food? Yeah?
Speaker 3: O good?
Speaker 2: Are you kidding? She's dialed in. She lives in that nest.
Speaker 6: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 4: It's going to rain. It's going to rain pretty good over the next couple of days. First storm expected to hit sort of San Diego area later tonight tomorrow we could see some rain, and then it looks like Wednesday, Thursday is really going to be when we get to another significant storm.
Speaker 3: So that's good.
Speaker 1: We've already gotten a tip from one of my friends, Scott, who works Chargers games with me. He says, don't forget John Belushi's classic motivational speech.
Speaker 4: That I didn't pull that one, but it is on the list. I can still it's pretty damn good.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: University of Pittsburgh student reported missing after traveling to the Dominican is believed to have died by drowning. The student, identified Sudiksha Konanki, a legal permanent resident of the US and Indian citizen, one of six girls, sorry, six female students traveling in Puntakana, and there are some reports now that there were there were images of her in a group going to the beach super late at night early in the morning, like four in the morning, and they were swimming and a guy that was with her was able to get off the beach and then claims that he fell asleep because he didn't feel well.
Speaker 2: Drunk.
Speaker 1: Drunkenness, drunk swimming never good idea, So it always sounds like so much fun.
Speaker 2: Never really a.
Speaker 4: Good idea, never pans out that way. Four point one earthquake yesterday afternoon over in Malibu and then another three point three this morning at about two point thirty. So, so I think Debora Mark's taking the.
Speaker 2: Time he's gonna say.
Speaker 1: Debora Mark and Amy King both referred me to watch Paradise with Sterling K.
Speaker 2: Brown.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, so good.
Speaker 2: I finished it yesterday. Amy, Oh good girl.
Speaker 3: Really good.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And it just the amount of intelligence needed to get through a national intelligence type show, like it didn't get too weedy. It was just a perfect amount of information to be pleasurable watching.
Speaker 2: And I feel like you have to. It's a thriller.
Speaker 1: Every episode gives you something, so it's not like one of those where you have to watch four to get invested, Like each episode from Go is like, oh, what's going on here?
Speaker 2: What's next?
Speaker 1: It's which I enjoy. But my point was something that I don't remember now. It was really good and you should watch it, Gary.
Speaker 3: That Amy and Deborah were convincing.
Speaker 2: Amy and Debora took time watching, right, No, okay.
Speaker 1: Amy and Deborah both recommended Paradise, And I thought to myself, that is the last show Deborah Mark should ever watch. That is the last show she should ever if she gets worried about three point nine earthquakes. Three towns over. That is the last and now I understand she's been a little skittish the past.
Speaker 2: Week, and now I know why.
Speaker 1: But anyway, Amy, more importantly, your other is watching the eaglets.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes it is, which I happily do. We have three now three. One of them hatched on Saturday morning, was it.
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: So we had two from earlier in the week that they they they hatched almost a week before, and Jackie in shadow just kept on sitting on that egg. But he also was laid like almost a week later, so he hatched. He was officially out of the show on Saturday. And the other two are noticeably larger. They're all very fluffy and very cute. And I can't wait to see what they look like again when the rain comes, because last time they looked like pluck chickens.
Speaker 3: So oh, that's funny.
Speaker 5: But anyway, they're doing good and mom and dad are giving them lots and lots of food. But I got to tell you, it's it's getting uncomfortable because you know, sometimes the little one doesn't get them as much food, and you go, oh oh, and you know that their survival rate is really fifty percent. So but we had the little one got some food this morning. He got some food yesterday afternoon, so we're good. I think he's a fighter and Carla editor, Carla and I were texting back and forth. I said, he's going to have to fight for this because the other ones are big and they like to bonk each other. And she said, I think we're going to call him Rocky. I said, that's a great idea. So he's our little fighter.
Speaker 2: Should we play I the Tiger every time?
Speaker 3: Absolutely?
Speaker 1: Okay, yep, I like that. Now, what have they been eating? One of my favorite things to watch was The Various The Various CARKI, the fish, the birds, just inerds, every innerds for everybody. Well, at the same time, you're looking at the cutest thing ever and the baby eaglets, as you said, so furry and snugly, and then you see the inner It's like the grossest thing in nature and the cutest thing in nature right next to each.
Speaker 2: Other, and times right on top of each other.
Speaker 5: Because sometimes when shadows feeding, he just like the fish gets like right down in the bowl of that nest and they're like right next to it. So yeah, yeah, I kind of realize I was watching this where the phrase you eat like a bird comes from. Because if I had to eat the innerds of raw other bird, I too would not eat very much.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And then to see Jackie picking in a part, she like picks the feathers like she plucks him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then digs in and gets the meat.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's rather interesting.
Speaker 5: But yeah, it's a lot of blackbirds, and it's a lot of fish. And yet the the other day he came up with a fish that had to have been like eighteen inches long.
Speaker 2: It was massive.
Speaker 5: So Shadow did a good job with that. And then they sometimes bring small rodents up, but I haven't seen any.
Speaker 4: Of them yet.
Speaker 2: I feel like I see some flesh there on the right side towards the back.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, that's a fish, all right.
Speaker 6: Good.
Speaker 5: I wish they would just eat fish, because the fish are the fish I can understand. It's like going to Shira in South Pasadena. You know, They're big thing is that that fish they bring to the table, and that I can handle. It's the bird with the with the intestine spilling out of it, all red and go. It's disgusting, but you know what, if that's what keeps the eaglets.
Speaker 2: Alive, they're so cute yep, and it's about time for feeding. They fit about an hour ago and everybody got some. So that's good. Okay, good. I'm glad Rocky is making his case.
Speaker 4: Sorry, bit, little bit, what was that one o'clock hour like after doing four hours?
Speaker 3: Isn't that a weirdly quiet time?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 1: I drove out to Palm Springs to see a couple of girlfriends, and so I was in the car for a Friday afternoon driving out to the desert. You know what that's like. I was looking forward to it. I was looking forward to being in traffic for three and a half hours, just sitting and turning off with the sun shining in me, not talking.
Speaker 3: Do you not fall asleep?
Speaker 2: Oh, it's glorious.
Speaker 3: I got a coffee. I gave up weekday naps for Lent.
Speaker 1: Well, you should have at least consult you. I'm going to be the one to deal with your Napolis potential. Yeah, there could be very cranky.
Speaker 4: I'm going to look like the Eagles do. I'm just gonna have that mean face on the whole.
Speaker 2: I forgot to give up something for lent.
Speaker 3: There's still time. I don't know how it works. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Is there still time.
Speaker 1: I don't know it started though, kind of I kind of, yeah, sure.
Speaker 2: We're supposed to do it. I didn't doshes. Yeah, I didn't do the ashes ash Wednesday.
Speaker 3: Did you go to church on Wednesday? No? Oh, well no, I have your own ashes.
Speaker 2: You could just that seems very sacrilegious.
Speaker 3: Also true. All right, Gary and Shannon, we'll get do Oh. This Gene Hackman story.
Speaker 5: Was it's not pretty. The end is never pretty, guys, and this is no different.
Speaker 6: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six.
Speaker 1: Forty Live Everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 4: Did you see the latest? Uh Sean Diddy Combe's amended rape lawsuit? No, they have now named Odell Beckham Junior and a comedian named Drewski as potential defendants.
Speaker 3: In this case. A woman claims.
Speaker 4: That that Diddy instructed someone else who has now been determined to be defendant Drewski. They say to Raper at Sean Combe's friend's house up in Rinda, which I'm not mistaken as East Bay Rich right, yeah.
Speaker 3: Quote this is reading from the lawsuit.
Speaker 4: Instead of immediately raping plaintiff, defendant Drewski doused plaintiff with more lubricant and then jumped on top of plaintiff's naked and oiled body, treating it like a slip and slide and knocking the wind out of plaintiff due to his enormous size.
Speaker 3: That I don't anyway, this lawsuit was amended.
Speaker 1: You brought up Odell Beckham Junior. In my mind, a left into the NFL season in terms of free agency and everything going on. DeVante Adams coming to the Rams, the Cooper Cup era is over, Khalil Mack signing on staying with the Chargers. Those are big news for your Los Angeles teams there. Oh, sports wise, I thought it was cute that I thought it was cute that Pete Carroll tried to get Max Crosby from the Raiders, like bless your heart?
Speaker 2: Oh what for Gino.
Speaker 4: Smith Yoshinobyl Yomamoto will get his final spring training work in today. He'll start against the Arizona Dime Backs in Arizona, but the Dodgers and Cubs are going to leave in a couple of days. They're headed to Japan to kick off the season. This weekend the regular season, they'll do a couple.
Speaker 3: Of games in Japan.
Speaker 1: My husband came back from spring training and went out on Friday, saw three games Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
Speaker 2: Came back in the best mood yesterday. It's just like you came back.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: You guys just look like you're just glowing, like you're with child or something.
Speaker 2: You got to spend time away from our.
Speaker 3: Why, Oh, that's what it is. No, no, no, no.
Speaker 4: Listening to that news conference on Friday afternoon from New Mexico was heartbreaking when the medical examiner was detailing the death of Gene Hackman deaths of Gene Hackman and his wife because it looks like Gene Hackman died from heart disease about a week after his wife died in their home.
Speaker 2: And she had Alzheimer's.
Speaker 1: Who knows if it was big enough home to where maybe he never saw her body. Maybe he did. Maybe he wasn't with it enough to realize she was dead. You hope that was the case.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The understanding is they believe she Betsy Arakawa, had run a series of errands back on the eleventh of February, but they couldn't find any evidence of activity after that. Nobody had spoken to her, nobody had seen her, so that was sort of The general conclusion is that she probably died on February eleventh, maybe the twelfth.
Speaker 5: So she died of this hantavirus hantavirus whatever it is, at just sixty three years old.
Speaker 2: They say it's rare but deadly.
Speaker 1: Mortality rate between thirty eight and fifty percent. Apparently it's a big thing in the American Southwest. These are a family of viruses spread by rodent feces, saliva, and urine. Most hantaviruses in this country can cause hantavirus pulmonary syndrome. You get it by breathing in the air when cleaning up after rodents. It can be spread by touching contaminated objects and touching your nose or mouth. Now, they had three dogs and two were found alive and running around on the property. You wonder if the dogs are playing with the rodents, and then you play with the dog, and that's how you get it.
Speaker 3: I got I don't know it'd be.
Speaker 4: They said that Gene Hackman's body showed that his stomach was empty when they did the autopsy, which meant he hadn't eaten recently, but that he did not appear to be dehydrated, and they didn't find any evidence that he had communicated with anyone after his death. Now, the understanding also is based on kind of what the family had said about him. He was in a really bad state and was basically it seems incapable of taking care of himself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so once she goes, it's just a matter of time.
Speaker 4: And there was a question about what had gone on in the house, and the sheriff said, it's hard to get into the frame of mind of what it was happening at the time, because there was a question of whether or not I was possible the gene Hackman had been going to get help when he himself done.
Speaker 2: I don't think so.
Speaker 5: I don't think you have that mental capacity when you're Alzheimer's has advanced to that level of going to get help.
Speaker 1: At that level from knowing people who have had it. You look at the body on the ground and keep walking. I mean, it doesn't register get help. That person's dead. It's oh, you know. I mean, I can't tell you inside what goes on in the mind, but outwardly.
Speaker 2: It's not a lot of reaction.
Speaker 4: There's a possibility that he doesn't even recognize her as his wife the body that's on the ground. So anyway, just that was a and to hear the medical examiner give some of those details and hear her choking up while she was explaining what was had, Yeah, it was just her.
Speaker 3: It's sad because we're all going to get old.
Speaker 1: Everyone's got parents that are getting old, and it's just or or did get old, and that's just the way it goes. We have a lot to get to you, because we've just been f N and S and through the whole freaking hour. By the way, while you were gone, I didn't talk about balls at all. Somebody even made you save those or just for me, I appreciate. I don't know what that means. Or maybe I've just turned a corner.
Speaker 3: I doubt that.
Speaker 4: If you miss any part of the show, you can always go back and check out the podcast.
Speaker 3: Go to KFI sixty. Why are you so filthy?
Speaker 2: When Gary's here? And when he's not, it all goes.
Speaker 4: Away because you feel like someone someone in the room has to be serious.
Speaker 3: Oh and a lot of times I tend to be that person.
Speaker 1: That's true, that's true, that's probably true. But I can be not serious and not do genital stuff all the time.
Speaker 4: Your favorite place you find your podcast, whatever it might be.
Speaker 3: Just type in Gary and Channon. We'll be right back right after that. You've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show.
Speaker 4: You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio ap