Speaker 1: I recently went to Aldie and they had pre I we told lindsay this, they have a pre made cookie in a cookie pan you warm up in the oven, so good, and then burnt ins delish. And then also they have carneadis for.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 1: I am for uh.
Speaker 3: Tacos okay, so good. I'm just I can't get on the all these trains.
Speaker 1: Man, dude, they're what's your what is your concern? The quality of food I've I've had.
Speaker 3: My ex was an all these fan, all right, and and they just they they you one way ear or the other man.
Speaker 1: If it ain't having to pay a quarter, could you quarter pick whatever you have to bring in your own bags or boxes. You have to box or.
Speaker 3: Bag your own groceries, which you do the same thing at Windco. You essentially bag them yourself, but at least they provide bags for you. And then it's what it ultimately comes down to is the quality of the produce and the meats. It just doesn't look it's just not as fresh as I've had other places.
Speaker 2: It's come a long way because it is.
Speaker 4: It's some of the best produce a lot of the times.
Speaker 2: And their cheese well makes it the best is exquisite.
Speaker 3: What makes it the best produce ever? Because when I go on there, shit looks like on Wilton in disgusting.
Speaker 2: When was the last time you were in there?
Speaker 1: Well it's been about a year.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well to check them out again, because I won't. I've preferd them sometimes over like the Walmarts, and that's usually I'll either go to Aldi or I'll go to Walmart.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's nothing like going and getting, you know, two weeks worth of groceries and then taking and pulling that cart out to your car and then just dumping everything into your fucking trunk because you know you didn't have a bag or a box to put it in.
Speaker 1: It's stupid.
Speaker 4: I mean, it takes preparation, I will say, when you go shopping there, but I keep my bags in my trunk.
Speaker 1: So it's yeah you do. Yeah they have boxes. Yeah, I don't discribe. I think their fruit there produce section at times can be very discouraging, but everything else is I think as long as you can navigate through the names, the brand names to find what you like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a little weird too, because it's not like you know, I mean, they do have some name brands. Yeah, right, But for the most part, it's like shit that you've never even heard of. Right, You're like, is this a step above or below great value or always saving? I'm not quite sure where it lands on the scale. But I've had their meats before. It looked sketch and didn't taste good, you know, and I was just like, I'm good on all of these all around. I have. The only thing that I like about all these is like some of the other and I say air quotes other ship that you could buy there. I've never gone into a grocery store and seeing where you could buy a fucking electric lawnmower at the same time, you know, right right next to.
Speaker 1: The fruit roll ups. Though they don't have a lot of real estate. I'm just saying that.
Speaker 5: That's how much space do you need between your fucking roll ups and you're not yet gas infused engine? They they should be pretty well separated, they not.
Speaker 1: They shouldn't be right next to each other. I think there should be maybe a corner of the store, you know, some.
Speaker 3: A little segregation is okay, And keep your lawn equipment over there and keep your food.
Speaker 1: Over here, and everything's fine. Yeah, what do you think how do you think they got it, you know, off the truck, so it's a gas powered device, right right, of course, of course.
Speaker 3: But I'm just saying they have I like the fact that they do have that stuff. It's just weird how they got it set up. I mean, but I've gone in there and found some really.
Speaker 1: Cool non food items. Yeah. Yeah, the things I was telling you are pre prepackaged things, and they're and their cheese selection, they do have the best cheese selection in town next to Costco Joe. All these is Trader Joe's. It's the same company.
Speaker 3: See, I didn't know that. I want to think I've only been in a Trader Joe's one time. Somebody, a listener had messaged me on Facebook. I think it was last week out of the Blue too, Broken Arrows getting a Trader Joe's.
Speaker 1: Like, I'm a big Trader joe fan, and I'm like, okay, so we are. That's what I hear. I'm trying to think of, like what you would want out of a Trader Joe's. The only thing maybe they're me. The only thing that I could.
Speaker 3: Think of is that fucking uh uh.
Speaker 1: It wasn't It wasn't peanut butter, cookie butter. Yeah, cookie butter, but because my ex's mother had.
Speaker 3: Bought some, and I was like, oh, that's really fucking good. But she's like, you can only get it to Trader Joe's. But that was about it. Okay, Yeah, I just don't look. Don't look for I've never thought to look for cookie butter, but.
Speaker 1: Good. This says that it's This says there's one broken arrow that's going to open.
Speaker 3: I guess. Yeah, I was looking for the message the listeners sent me. But he told me about that and I was like, well, that's cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's awesome.
Speaker 1: I guess I don't know. There was like some positive things that are pretty good, but yeah, I wouldn't say there's like I wouldn't say there's anything that great at Trader Joe's. I go there and I'm always like, god, damn, it seems expensive. I feel like it's very expensive. Yeah yeah, And like I like Whole Foods, but I go in there and I'm like, god damn.
Speaker 3: I've only been to Whole Foods one time because we couldn't find it.
Speaker 1: Was my ex. She wanted to make fucking lamb chops or something like that, and we couldn't find any anywhere except for there. Yeah, and I walk in and I felt so out of place.
Speaker 3: I was like, this seems weird, but okay, let's get your meat and go.
Speaker 1: Why did you What was it that made you feel out of place?
Speaker 3: That internal feeling inside that says you don't belong here?
Speaker 1: Yeah? But what did you see that triggered that feeling? I don't know. I didn't. I don't think I've seen anything in particular.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: I just so much fresh fruit cutout. It's a whole, yeah, healthy peel.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, okay, okay, A lot of carbonated waters, yeah, I guess, a vitamin section.
Speaker 1: A lot of yeah, a lot of hipsters in there, a lot.
Speaker 2: Of expensive handbags.
Speaker 1: Is that it? Maybe?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I was just searching around for the for the meats, and we found what we needed and then we laughed.
Speaker 1: I was like, Okay, as a guy who barbecues, right, I'm actually surprised you don't like Trader Joe's. They have a really great in depth meat selection and good quality meats. I might have check it out sometimes. So from just that standpoint alone, and their beer and wine like wine stuff. They have a pretty good. They have a really good selection down there too. For that.
Speaker 3: My smoker took a shit on me. Yes, but I've got the replacement part on the way. It should be here tomorrow.
Speaker 1: What broke? How did okay, how did you find out? Were you in the middle of smoking? I had just started.
Speaker 3: I heated it up because it's an electric smoker, so I go, yeah.
Speaker 1: Or you could use wood chips, either one. Either one.
Speaker 3: It's only got a small little canister abow you know, eight inches long, and shove it in there.
Speaker 1: Filling it should be more than fill a full of wood, and then shove it in there and dump it. But so I was going to smoke some chicken.
Speaker 3: Legs, and I'm like, all right, cool, fucking a desk, set the temperature, set the timer, and then hit start and a red.
Speaker 1: Light comes on and let you know that it's heating up.
Speaker 3: I'm like, all right, cool, got my chicken legs in there, fucking seasoned up, ready to go.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go have a drink. I'll be back. Because it's a smoker. It's an electric smoker too. Set it and literally forget it right, you know, there's not a lot of maintenance that goes into it. Maybe go in there, refill your pellets or your wood chips, you know, to keep giving it that good smoky flavor. But for the most part, set and forget it right, watch it, yeah, you watch it. So I go and I was only gone for maybe an hour, maybe an hour.
Speaker 3: At that and I was like, all right, I gotta go home. I got food in the smoker. It's time to start making a shit anyway, see later, guys. So I leave and I go home, and I come back and my smoker's got a clear glass window on it on the front, so you can like see the food sometimes or the smoke whatever, and usually it's smoky in there, so I can't see.
Speaker 1: I can't see.
Speaker 3: And when I go out there to check on it, when I got back from the bar, it's clear as can be.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh fuck, I know I turned his motherfucker on. What the fuck.
Speaker 3: I go over there and I look, and you know, the display is still on and the timers still going, but it doesn't have a little heated up and I'm touching it and it's fucking cold to touch it.
Speaker 1: Said motherfucker. All right.
Speaker 3: So I ended up having to finish my legs on the on the grill, which.
Speaker 1: Was fine, it worked out. But I I went ahead just got a whole new eaty heating element for it. Okay, it's like twenty five dollars.
Speaker 3: I assume that's gonna that's my first guess, Like, I assume that that's what's wrong. Right, Yeah, it's not providing heat. It's not everything comes on. It's just not heating up. And it does sit outside. You know, I don't have it in the garage or anything, but he do have a cover on it, but it doesn't matter. So it's out in the elements. I'm like, all right, so got a new As a matter of fact, at your birthday party, I got drunk and fucking ordered, uh heating element?
Speaker 1: Is that? Actually? Yeah, while you're at the party. While we're at the party, I was with a couple of our friends telling them what was going on. I was like, you know what, fucking what whatever, I was just gonna get it wrong. Open up the Amazon and then I had to go back and look.
Speaker 3: And I was like, because sometimes I'll put a bunch of stuff in my shopping cart, right and then.
Speaker 1: Like won't ever purchase it, And yet the Amazon that's the way right, So I was like, oh god, I hope I didn't probably like six hundred dollars for the shitower, all right. So I went back and I was like, all right, now I had everything cleared out, but not a less. So that's supposed to be in tomorrow and I can start smoking meats again. Full circle. I'll have to go check out Trader Joe's and their meat selection to see what they have. Yeah, see if there's anything. Yeah, because you get ready for your annual turkey smoke absolutely and hand smoke, which I did pick those up when I went and got groceries this last week. I got the ham for Thanksgiving family dinner and then the Thanksgiving with our friends, We're doing turkey and I'm smoking both of them and so hopefully that'll work out. If not, I've got an alternative. I've got an alternative to to smoke them out. But yeah, I'm stoked. I love smoking the meats for the home. You can smoke meat on your regular girl, That's what I was gonna do because I got one of those like effective no, and it takes a lot of maintenance, like you have to be after on it and you have to keep you know, putting on the heat and on the wood blocks and shit, it can be done.
Speaker 3: It's just easier if I can just you know, wake up and like you know, two of them warning or like before I go to bed after drinking all night, shove my ham and the smoker and turn it on and just twelve hours later be done.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I had an electric smoker and it broke down all the time. Yeah, hey, it's worked so far, don't Yeah it never got warm enough really Yeah, I was never happy with how warm it would get. And do you want it? Well, what would happen with cake? The problem would be when a disc would because it was a disc, would chip disk thing and it would advance the disc and then it would heat up to smoke, and that would change the internal temperature, and so I was fucking up my temperature range, got it. So it would go all the way up to almost three hundred when it was heating up this disc, and and that consistent temperature is really important, and so it just would fuck up my smoke method. So I went to warmer. I was like, buy a new one, whatever, just buy a new smoker. I couldn't find one anywhere. Yeah, I couldn't find anywhere. So I was like, a A, okay, yeah, except you will not find a discount one at ACE. Right you're paying trigger even then, you ain't gonna get a trigger for the same price you can get a fucking mountain iceberg or whatever the fuck they're called mast Craft. Yeah. Yeah, yeah, I mean the I would say around here Ace is the grill store. They have a ton.
Speaker 3: I've gone in because we got that one and broken arrow. I've gone in there a couple of times, and.
Speaker 1: I see them and I'm like, I'm not paying that much for a fucking porcelain no egg shaped smoker.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't feel like you would want one of those, but a trigger, you would tell maybe. So yeah, they get burn Coat hooked me up there, like, hey, man, aren't they still making smokers and ship Burnco? Yeah? The barbecue place. Yeah, no, no, they use hasty bakes. Hasty bake, that's what it is, hasty bake. I need to get with them. I have a hasty bake. Oh no they are. They're gonna be like, fuck you man, get out of here. Yeah, sure, we'll give you one. Why not pursue I'm probably wrong? I have I have a hasty bake. I love it. Yeah, I've heard nothing but good things about them. Yeah, it's took me, it's taken. It took me about a couple of months to like learn the nuances of it. But yeah, it's best hamburger grilled hamburger I've ever had. Wo okay, and I I have smoked ribs on it. You have to just set it up a little differently, but it's pretty easy. But it's like an all in one grill and smoker supposed to. Yeah, yeah, but it's got searing methods and like, and it's easy to raise the box she said, and lower the box. Yeah, that's fun. And then I have a regular gas oh.
Speaker 3: Man, I haven't usual regular propane grill and and forever.
Speaker 1: Taste the meat, not the heat things hate. It's fine. Mine's natural gas straight from the house.
Speaker 3: So really minus too well Yeah, fance Pants, Speaking of fance Pants, you've never been no her new house.
Speaker 1: Man walk in. She's got a goddamn reading room. I don't need to know much. Haul in this motherfucker. I'm like, I don't belong. I'm not the big I'm not the big mansion one here for real. And you didn't feel out of place there, huh a little bit. That's why I spend most of the time in the backyard next to where fucking astro turf? Who has astro turf in the backyard? Fuck man? I was like, oh, you ain't got a moi. He just hoes it down. But she's like, oh, we got a mom Like, okay, it's pretty damn cool. That took me a little while. I was like, and I asked my buddy. I was like, is that crazy? Is that fake grass over there? That looks fake? That can't be real? Yeah, that's terf motherfucker. How about that? I know, do you guys put it in or you know?
Speaker 2: It was there? It was already there.
Speaker 4: And Kevin was like, if I knew that this was like a thing, like I would have totally done that years ago at our old house because we had so much shitty grass in our old backyard.
Speaker 2: And it's really I mean.
Speaker 4: We look, it's a very small area where we have it in our backyard. So it probably was I don't know, maybe three grand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's turf is not cheap, No, it's not.
Speaker 3: Was that a selling point of the house where you were like we're getting this one because of the fig grass.
Speaker 1: No, what's it for? Like, where is it at? Like is it a place for a dog to piss? Like? What is it?
Speaker 4: No, it's just because they don't have a lot of sunlight back there. They didn't there's lots of tree coverage, so grass, they didn't have grass growing back there as well, so that's why they laid the turf down. So but it looks good and it's off to the side and then there's a covered patio area and grilling area stuff like that, and that the rest of the patio is cement.
Speaker 2: So it's nice. I love it.
Speaker 1: It was very swanky.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's yeah.
Speaker 1: Having a good outdoor areas a game change. Yeah. Yeah, one of these days look good too. Yeah, so good though.
Speaker 3: I like my little area that I have back there, you know, minus the fact of the backyard where the dogs go and they spy, like yesterday, so much mud.
Speaker 1: There's no grass back there anymore at all, whatsoever. They just roll. Yeah, when you have goddamn Clydesdale.
Speaker 3: They around and they they they it's all mud now, and then they want to track it into the house. And then I had to go hunt down the little one. So I'm all trumping through the goddamn mud and my shoes.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, m I did find her though, good, that's the UAUA. Yeah, yeah, she was next door at neighbor's house. Just went to the wrong yard, went to the wrong yard. Okay, it happens, yeah, it does. Uh. The reason I brought up Aldi, by the way, is I didn't know that Aldi did this, But they do a turkey turkey stuffing potato chip for Thanksgiving. Turkey stuffing tator chip.
Speaker 2: Okay, I bet that's good.
Speaker 1: That's not that's not Lay's right, because you know, how does Clancys whatever their brand is.
Speaker 4: Their generic Fredo's are really good. They're really crispy, crunchy free don normally crispy, yes, but they're very like, I don't know, they're a little bit thinner, okay, and they just taste crispyer.
Speaker 1: Okay, we should do a little taste tests see what happens. And then they also are doing garlic mashed potatoes potato chip. Yeah okay, right, okay, yeah, sounds real good. Now I don't like flavored potato chips because I can taste the powder on them and it freaks it's like the texture kind of throws me off a little bit, but I would try those.
Speaker 3: I feel like with some of those they leave a chemically chemical aftertaste in your mouth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I do like them, Like I like.
Speaker 3: The biscuits and gravy ones from Low Low Lets. Those were really good.
Speaker 1: And what else?
Speaker 3: There was a couple other ones that you know, I eat them and I'm like, it tastes like biscuits and gravy, and now there's this weird, funky taste in my mouth. And I don't know what to think about that.
Speaker 1: They do. So these are like some of the other, not all these, but just crazy potato chip flavors, pringles, white chocolate crisps. Oh so it's a potato chip covered in white chocolate.
Speaker 2: Pass.
Speaker 1: I don't like white chocolate. First of all, it's not white chocolate. Let us, let's just be fucking clear about that chocolate. It's not chocolate. It's no more chocolate than the nugget inside Three Musketeers. Chemical, but people love it. Lay's milk chocolate covered potato chips. Chocolate poatato chips are fucking delicious. Salt and seaweed chips, What the I'm imagining that's made of seaweed. Yeah, but then salted. Yeah, I'm good. Yeah. Yeah, if you like like fried seaweed out you get it like a sushi plays. Uh. Blue skrilled steak chips.
Speaker 2: So the blue corn I'm assuming.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Well, blue steak is a steak that's you know, only cooked on either side for like fifteen seconds.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's like the ultimate these are. Yeah, it was. It was. It was a premmitive chip they did with Jurassic World, and so it's a blue hue. Blue is the dinosaur and and then they taste like beef. But blue was a veloci raptor. So we're saying veloscer raptor tastes like beef. Yeah, like they're saying like beef broth, got it? Okay? Uh. Cucumber flavored chips this was they did these in Japan because cucumber. They love it there. I guess I like cucumbers. I like cucumber by itself. I don't want my chips mixed in with that grilled cheese tomato. Sign me up one again for me. It's we're getting into that powdery that's all they've got to put on it to give it that flavor that I just my thing. Uh, cinnamon bun Okay, I would try that. I like. I love the cinnamon sugar pita chips. Oh my gosh, what is that whatever that brand is? I forget. They always do the pita chips and they do uh they're perfect for like hummus and stuff, and they do one with cinnamon sugar. God, I could crush a bag so good. Cappuccino Nope, I like cappuccino, but that's gonna be a no. Yeah, not on it, not in a chip form. Maple bacon, I feel like I've tried those. I was gonna say the same thing, the Kettle brand making maple. I would try those. Yeah, I'm down for that.
Speaker 4: Kettle Brand is good.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Biscuits and gravy, Yeah, I would try that, But again, I feel like the powder on it, and there's no way it's going to taste like biscuits and grape. It does taste like biscuits and gravy. It's this is the aftertaste that gets me. That would also be a part of the taste thing. Yeah, now lost, but the official taste is like that's what she said, that's what she said. The pecan pie chip or pecan pie. I'd give it a shot. I would too. I think when you start adding the sweet flavors like that, now we're not. It's not chip. It's a like a dessert cookie thing, sweet and salty. Yeah, mountain dew doritos, I'm out. I like my Dorita's just cool ranch man. I like mountain dew, but I don't want to eat on a chip.
Speaker 4: They're like killing two birds with one stone there, Like this is the ultimate stoner chip.
Speaker 1: No cheddar, bacon mac and cheese chip. Yes, please buy the handful with Soabbi ginger. Yeah, minus the ginger. I would eat with Sabbi chips, white chocolate, peppermint, Merry Christmas Ketchup Nope, Ketchup chips are good. People be sleeping on those Canadians.
Speaker 3: Know what's up, man, And I'll tell you if you can like andies or some shit. They're a rarety around here. But if you find them, get some ketchup chips.
Speaker 1: My kid loves ketchup, my youngest right, and we've decided she whatever she picks, it's just the vessel for ketchup, So like if she eats chicken nuggets, it's just the way she's scooping in her ketchup, and I've tried to tell him, like, you can put that shit on everything. Yeah, people totally excuse ketchup on everything. Oh yeah, people put ketchup on a steak. They're savages. But they still egg scrambled eggs. Yeah, that's good.
Speaker 3: No, my grandpa, Yeah, it was my grandpa and I did it for a little while too, But he would put ketchup on Bolooney sandwiches, yeah, which.
Speaker 1: It feels appropriate though it's a sandwich. Yeah, But I don't know. Maybe it's just I've always like people.
Speaker 3: And here's how my dad put it too, because he would put mayonnaise on his hot dog. My girlfriend does the same thing, and I've tried it a few times and it's just Okay, it's like ketchup, a mustard on a hot dog, mayonnaise on the Blooney sandwich.
Speaker 1: Don't be crossings streams like h man. Yeah, I think it's weird. I just think we're basically talking about a processed meat between two pieces of bread. At that point, it's a sandwich.
Speaker 2: It depends on what meat you're putting in your sandwich, because.
Speaker 1: If I don't. That's preference.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, but if I don't have, like if I'm eating a roast beef sandwich and if I don't have too mantoes, I will put Ketchup on it.
Speaker 3: Hers is the name brand of the Ketchup chips hers or or They're rare toy.
Speaker 1: Around here, but you can find them. They're good peppercini chip peppercinis. I like them that much. I don't like those. I'll try, but I don't like those. People love to go to bat for those or put it on pizza and stuff, and I'm like, that's that's for another person. I'm not into that. But that's what I love about going into Aldi, just for the sheer adventure. That's like the whole point of Costco between Sam's and Costco is you don't know what you're getting when you go into Costco. Right if you have if you always go to a certain aisle and that's where the sugar in the raw is, it may not be there the next time. Yeah, it is about the scavenger hunt at Costco.
Speaker 4: This is the only time of year that I can get fig jam from Aldi seasonal.
Speaker 1: That makes sense, but I'm talking like regular staples there'll be things you used to get every day and then they'll just stop fucking carrying it. Okay. And there's some like you know, National Treasure Map on the back of the Constitution thing to tell you how the numbers work on the prices. But I can't keep up with all that.
Speaker 2: Got an aisle here today, gone tomorrow they do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't know that.
Speaker 3: I have never been into a Costco. I used to have a Sam's membership. I just don't buy enough bulk.
Speaker 1: No, I don't blame you, but the meat, Yeah, that's the Costco. Yeah, and I think if you get a gift card, I think you can go into a Costco.
Speaker 4: We actually bought the meat from Costco and then taking it home and broken down by the price and oh it's amazing.
Speaker 1: What you say, Okay, that might be worth it. Then everything like dude, full things of pork tenderloin, like huge pieces that you can cut up and put in the shoulders or grilling breast chops or whatever. Yeah, dude, I love doing it. My wife gets so annoyed because I show up with this giant log of meat and she's so like, oh my, and like having to cut it up. Yeah, I love that shit, Yeah, that might be worth it.
Speaker 3: Then I just I tried and thinking, okay, well, I'm sure I can get some deals on some things, and I.
Speaker 1: Just really never really did.
Speaker 3: I was thinking, okay, maybe at least dog food, you know, that's about the only thing that are really really buying bulk that and like toilet paper, and uh, didn't really.
Speaker 1: Give that much of a deal. I don't even know what they do there.
Speaker 3: I know they do with Sam's. I don't know about the costco. Yes, I've never been in one, but I'm.
Speaker 1: Just trying to think of where it looks for it. No, but I walk around the store. I can tell you where there are other things I don't buy.
Speaker 2: It's up by where they have the bottled waters and stuff.
Speaker 1: Okay, in the back, Oh that's it. There's a dog section. Yeah, okay, well there you go. I don't know what is it, like fifty bucks.
Speaker 2: One hundred bucks a year?
Speaker 1: No, but you can do a first time like. You can find first time deals all the time for like thirty five dollars for the year.
Speaker 4: Okay, go with someone that has a membership with them when.
Speaker 1: They go that's the way are they checking your ID?
Speaker 2: When you go in now my membership just hold it up really so where.
Speaker 1: I go that you have to scan your idea to get in and your picture pops to make sure it's you.
Speaker 3: No shit, Yeah, probacause people like that. It'll be like, hey, let me just borrow your Costco car for a second.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean you can literally just walk in with me. M m, I think you're my husband or something.
Speaker 1: They're like, look of that short guy. Yeah, they got a fucking weirdo. Man, we know who runs that shit. She's in charge. She beats me. All right, you guys, have a fantastic week. He Our toy Driver is coming up at the end of the month and it's gonna be on the fourth and fifth of December at Dave and Busters. We'll keep talking about it more so we'll be listening for that. Have a great week, se