Speaker 1: The sports page with The Orlando Sentinel at FM ninety six to nine. In the games Mike the Bulldog BEYONDI on jr R.
Speaker 2: Mike the Bulldog Byonkies sports page, brought you by Hoffman and lind Injury Attorneys. Hey, bulldog, don't look maw. Magic have reeled off three wins in a row. That's right. The Franz eight.
Speaker 3: He scores a season high thirty two last night. Didn't even play in the fourth quarter. By the way, his brother Moe came off the bench to score eighteen. The Magic destroyed the Hornets one, fourteen to eighty nine. As you mentioned, that's their third straight. When Jalen Suggs, by the way, started the game, hit his first seven shots, including three three pointers. He had seventeen last night. By the way, did you guys know that last night was the opening round of the Group A play for the NBA Cup, the early season tournament.
Speaker 1: All right, Yeah, I must have missed that. Yeah, I'm trying to get used to that. Still I don't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're right. The Magic are red hot. They lost those five games on the road, five straight. Now they've won three straight at home. By twenty seven twenty seven and twenty five points, so they seem to be figuring out how to play without Pallo and Wendell Carter Junior. Hopefully those guys will be back soon. But yeah, I'm pumped up about the magic.
Speaker 2: And then another one tonight at home Indiana in town.
Speaker 3: That's right, Indiana coming to town. Maybe they can make it four straight. Speaking of basketball in the city of Orlando, UCF, they're off to a three and oh start. They beat FAU last night one hundred to ninety four. That's the first time UCF scored one hundred points or more in regulation under coach Johnny Dawkins. The Knights, of course, beat number thirteen ranked Texas A and M. In the opener, they receive top twenty five votes. UCF now a basketball school. Guys. I know you guys are UCF alums. Are you guys ready to jump on the UCFA basketball bandwagon.
Speaker 2: Well, we're three games in.
Speaker 1: I might go shoot baskets in the reflection pond.
Speaker 2: Just out there.
Speaker 1: You know, the Dean's gonna walk by and go, what's this guy doing out here? He look semi homeless, and I'm just throwing hoops. I'm gonna go I'm all about the basketball, sir, And they have hoops set up there now by the reflecting.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna be throwing balls into it.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, were you at the Spirit Splashed this year?
Speaker 2: I'm banned. I'm banned. Keith thought it was skinny dipping. Do you remember the time?
Speaker 1: No, honestly, though, do you remember the time that I hosted that pat If you remember I hosted there, was like one of the first ones they did twenty years ago, back in the nineties. And Doctor hits up there dog, and I'm sitting there and I go.
Speaker 2: Hey, what's going on? I'm talking about ago? What did I say? I'm a lumber alumna or something?
Speaker 1: And Doctor yeah something just you know, that did not shine well.
Speaker 2: And Doctor just kind of looked. He goes, who is this guy?
Speaker 1: And get him off the stage please?
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: By the way, speaking of basketball, did you see what Eric Spolster did last night of the heat?
Speaker 2: What do you do? So?
Speaker 3: So they're there, it's one point one seconds in overtime, all right, he calls the time out. All right, One problem they didn't have any timeout.
Speaker 2: What happens there?
Speaker 3: They gets a technical foul, gets a technical foul, The Pistons go to the free throw line, hit the tie breaking free throw, win the game because of Eric Spolster coaching error, one of the one of the great coaches in the NBA makes a bone headed error last night. He was just beating himself up last night after the game. So yeah. College football Playoff latest rankings are out. Oregon remains number one, followed by followed by Ohio State, Texas, Penn State, and number five Indiana. Then the rest of the top twelve BYU Tennessee, Notre Dame, Miami, Alabama, Ole Miss, and Georgia round out the top twelve. Miami's first loss to Georgia Tech that dropped them to number nine in the poll. They cannot afford to lose again, obviously, if they win the rest of their games, which they should. I think they have Syrahcuse and wake Forrest left if I'm not mistaken correct, they should win those games. That'll put them in the ACC Championship game. And they're gonna have to win the ACC Championship to get into the playoff because they have no victories over ranked teams, so they're gonna have to win the DCC Tech.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what if that ends up that ACC Championship ends up being Miami in SMU. RTT Lashley, former offensive coordinator with the Kyins, who's taking his wide open system to SMU and they're just their offensive potent. That could be a crazy.
Speaker 1: Game, Absolutely could sim You've got all that money man to be in I Ellen.
Speaker 3: So NFL news looks like Trevor Lawrence, the Jaguars are thinking about shutting him down for the season. He's got a ACL joint injury and his non throwing shoulder, so if they shut him down for the season, they're essentially waving the white flag saying, hey, we're gonna start tanking now for a draft pick because they're two and eight right now. The season looks lost. We'll see what happens there. Speaking of quarterbacks being shut down, Dak Prescott out for the rest of the season for the Dallas Cowboys. He suffered a serious hamstring injury a couple of weeks too. I guess the hamstring actually came off the bone, so it's gonna have to have yeah, yes, so he's gonna have to have some sort of surgery for that. So he's out for the season.
Speaker 1: I just choked him, spit when he said that I saw that play play on a McAfee show and he said that he is I think it's separated from the bout.
Speaker 2: Oh god, dude, hey bulldog, what's your thoughts on this fight Friday Night? The fight? Yeah? What fight you're talking about, Mike Tyson?
Speaker 3: Oh that you're talking about his trash trash sports fight.
Speaker 2: You don't have interest in this?
Speaker 1: No, really at all. I think it's trash sport. I think it's gonna be staged. I think it's gonna be a joke.
Speaker 3: You've got an over the hill Holds Tyson fifty fifty eight years old against the like a a social media star. Is that what works? Is that what sports has become? This is what it is interesting everybody that should tell you about the sport of boxing right there?
Speaker 2: Wow, you're interested in it. I'm gonna watch it? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Oh god, linch, I thought you were a serious sports fan.
Speaker 2: What time is it on? It'll be late, Yeah, it's gonna be late on Netflix Friday. All right. I thought i'd throw that in went out there. Boy did that Australian boomerang back in my face? Is a fwang? All right? Mike the Bulldog Biyankey, host of Open Mic on AM seven forty and FM ninety six nine, to the game, and he takes time out of his busy show each morning to join us here for the sports page on JR, brought to you by Kaufman and Lynd.
Speaker 3: By the way, there's an old Timers baseball game you might want to go to this weekend as well.
Speaker 2: I don't even go to New Timers baseball games.
Speaker 3: You can listen to Under Oath with Attorney Jeff Kaufman every Saturday morning on FM ninety six nine. The Game seven thirty the show starts. You can catch extended versions on your favorite streaming platform oo oo.
Speaker 1: Check out the Lynchen Taco Off the Air podcast, new episodes posted every Thursday on the iHeartRadio app, downloaded for free at doublejrr dot com