Speaker 1: Okay, okay, let's go good.
Speaker 2: Good morning. This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 3: He ride right, okay, bye bye, let's go.
Speaker 2: Welcome aboard everybody. Free beer Friday. We made it long weekend. Monday off or do you have Monday off? That's the poll question this morning, employee, people that have a job, are you working on Monday? We're gonna find out what percentage of our audience has off on Monday. We will not be here. We'll be running best up now, huge, huge morning for us beer every hour.
Speaker 4: You know that.
Speaker 2: Thank you, specs. Cody lights out. Cody been playing amazing, fresh out of bed, head to head games. He's going for win number four today. At around six twenty fifth tickets falling in reverse tonight Woodland's pavilion Boom. We'll hook you up on the fun fact flashback. I got twenty one pilot's tickets coming your way. At seven twenty Suburbs Summer Sizzler. Here we go. Clear Lake takes on Rosenberg. There's three games left. The winner of today plays on Wednesday. The last game of the year. Is it going to be Tom from clear Lake or Joe from Rosenberg? One of those two is playing for five thousand dollars on Wednesday. Okay, we've got twentyth anniversary party tickets. Chill, we put those in on know the show. Last thing that we do before we get out of here and turn you loose. Okay, rain all weekend. Fifty percent chances scat a thunderstorm today. Good chances of rain through Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday of next week. A lot of rain around here. Good morning, Tessa. What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 5: Hey Goo, morning Rod, Good morning homeroom So Vice President Harris and her running mate Tim Walls. They did their first joint interview that went over a wide range of topics on CNN last night, So that was a headline. And then Trump was at a rally in Michigan yesterday where he was talking about different topics as well, allowing you parents to deduct major newborn expenses from their taxes. He was at a Wisconsin campaign event, So a little bit of national news to talk about.
Speaker 6: We'll get into that then.
Speaker 5: Here in Texas, General Ken pax in Texas Attorney General Ken Paxon filed a lawsuit yesterday against the State fair of Texas trying to block the fair's ban on carrying firearms at the fair this year. So they did this in response to a shooting that happened at last year's fair. But Paxson says, nope, that ban is an illegal restriction on gun owners' rights. So Texas, as we know, is an open carry state that allows its residents to carry a handgun without a licensed, background check or training. The fair reopens in September. It lasts almost a month. This is something that will be we we'll see some back and forth on bacan.
Speaker 7: Where's the bacon?
Speaker 6: I smell bacon s?
Speaker 2: Bacon began? You gotta be bacon only one thing, So like bacon, that's bacon, bacon, bacon, bacon.
Speaker 5: Macon dire No, you still love those commercials? Okay, so why are we playing that. Tomorrow people around the globe will be celebrating the incredible gift that is bacon.
Speaker 6: It is International Bacon Day.
Speaker 5: We have a blog page and it'll give you all the stats on bacon that you will know of Seventy one percent of people will say everything tastes better with bacon.
Speaker 6: Fifty seven percent of.
Speaker 5: People say they'd eat bacon every day if they could. Male diners say the quickest way of their heart is with bacon forty three percent of male diners. Let's talk about something pretty serious. I don't know if you heard about the story rod Dancing with the Stars pro artem chig Vincev. He's one of the pro dancers on the show. He's been arrested for domestic violence and as you know, he is married to former ww wrestler Nicki Garcia aka Nikki Bella. So he was booked yesterday morning in Napa County, California. He's competed on twelve seasons of Dancing with the Stars. These two have a four year old son together, and they just celebrated their wedding anniversary on Monday. So chig Vincev has not been charged with any crime as of yet, and they're withholding the victim's name.
Speaker 2: Nice headlining the crime blog today.
Speaker 6: Okay, Okay, So let's okay. The saga continues.
Speaker 5: Lincoln Park Now has planned a September fifth announcement. After that countdown clock basically restarted, kind of ghosted fans, the band has set a definite date. They've been leaving fans wondering what happened to the anticipated new so you can go read all about that. You can also go see Lizzie Hale kind of getting.
Speaker 6: In the mix. First it was Derrick Wimbley and now.
Speaker 2: It's just too obvious. But Lizzie Hale is sitting down at a piano and singing Lincoln Park. She's trolling us.
Speaker 6: She knows exactly what it's gonna do.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Sure, Earlier this week she's like, yell, let's plan in this, but why you don.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's messing.
Speaker 6: With people like it.
Speaker 2: It's just it's too obvious. There's going to be a huge announcement on Wednesday. It's going to be huge.
Speaker 6: Keep it hush high.
Speaker 2: It's not going to be I'd say so, and I wouldn't be surprised if if Mike Shanoda asked her to do that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I can see that, you know, I know they're pals.
Speaker 2: All right, what do you got?
Speaker 8: But the Astris got another win last night. They beat the Royals six to three. They're gonna play them again this evening. Framberval does have been in the Mantha Forthstriels going up against Kansas City. Seth Lugo first pitches at seven ten. You can listen to the game on our sister station Sports Talk seven to ninety. Week one of the college football season continues. This weekend's notable game in the schedule. Tomorrow, we got Georgia taking on Clemson at eleven. Texas is going to play Colorado State a two thirty A, and m takes on Notre Dame.
Speaker 2: And that's probably the biggest game of the weekend. It's six thirty.
Speaker 8: U of H will also post UNLV over at six and then on Sunday, LSU is going to play USC at about six thirty. A great slaty games this weekend. College football officially back now with the real game.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, let's go, guys. Let's do this. Free Beer Friday, the most interactive show on the radio. All of that is happening right here. Okay, all of that fresh out of bed head to head that's happening here. Summer summer sizzler here, Rod Ryan Show, twentieth anniversary party tickets the only place you can get him right here. Let's go, baby, four hours of pain hit it.
Speaker 6: You have to do today. I pray wait you get up yet.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Bam Friday, you got free Bam Friday.
Speaker 6: You got a free Bam Friday.
Speaker 9: You got a free Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday, Bam friday' bam Friday, Free Bam Friday.
Speaker 2: Did that angry mom yelling at her kids over sleep a little late, yelling at us? We're off already, you're yelling at us. Good morning, rob Ryan's show? Who's this?
Speaker 10: Good morning?
Speaker 2: It's flam Fellows Slants Slants?
Speaker 9: Lance, Wait a minute, taking my I'm taking my goat title back is champion?
Speaker 4: Your car?
Speaker 2: Hang on a second, your caller number ten.
Speaker 7: That's right, we're.
Speaker 2: All over the place today. Hang on, Okay, let's get these Let's get all these buttons in place. Dude, your caller number ten. I'm gonna give you the beer fresh out of bed or free beer Friday. Jesus right, we gotta get this thing under control here. Lance. You gotta be freaked out a little bit. How many times have you won free beer Friday?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 10: One ahead of Robbie? Now?
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh no, you're overtaking Robbie again.
Speaker 6: I don't know if he's gonna be laughing about that.
Speaker 2: How do you get through specifically on free beer Friday? I asked the same thing of Robbie. I know it's a it's a very big personal thing for him. As a matter of fact, hopefully you guys saw I had had a picture of Robbie up on Socialist the other day. He was coming in and picking up his beer and I happen to just run into him. How do you specifically get in on Friday's Lance, because it's the busiest phone day of the week.
Speaker 10: Call Call Call has caller too, and then ended up Collar Team.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Robbie is gonna be so upset. You know he's listening right now.
Speaker 9: I know.
Speaker 2: He ain't gonna love me anymore. He ain't. Lance. Fifteen beer winning beer wins over twenty years. Yes, unbelievable, insane, bro hey man, congratulations, Lance.
Speaker 10: Thank you. We'll see at the Ryan Tournament.
Speaker 6: The dolls, yep, the goal.
Speaker 2: Did you get in where I am? It sold out yesterday?
Speaker 6: Oh you lucky s ob Lance.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 10: Are you gonna do the pink shirts this year?
Speaker 1: Like we asked?
Speaker 2: I don't know, remember what is Remember the.
Speaker 10: People we talked about doing the pink shirts.
Speaker 2: I've done pink shirts.
Speaker 6: Are you drinking and making promises again?
Speaker 4: On? Maybe?
Speaker 2: I mean, but we've done pink shirts before. It's because this is the Boo Rock Golf Tournament. All right, hang on, Liz, I'm catched up with you more. Thank you for getting in on the Boo Rock Golf Tournament. It is sold out. Yesterday I got word I don't know about three point thirty in the afternoon. You guys sold it out. So I still need sponsorships. I need whole sponsors and cart sponsors and volunteers and all of that stuff. Need all of that. But as far as getting a foursome, that's it. Man. We sold that sucker out. You guys sold that sucker out. Thank you so much. All Right, We're gonna be so busy this morning. I think it's must listen to radio with Cody and what he's doing on the Fresh out of d Head to Head Challenge. I mean, it's must listen to radio. Pit tickets to Falling in Reverse. I'm going to this shows. I've never seen Falling in Reverse more outside. So yeah, so I'm gonna get I'm gonna get in on this too. So I'm gonna give away some pit tickets Falling in Reverse tonight. I will see you out there at that show. If you want to get the pit, you're gonna have to know the fun fact flashback twenty one Pilot's tickets in the seven Summer of Summer, Sissler Chili said that it's League City and Rosenberg. So, okay, it's League City Charles. Now that we got the brackets in front of us, Rosenberg Joe, the winner of today's matchup plays in the last game of the year on Wednesday for five thousand dollars. Okay, both of these gentlemen already have two hundred and fifty dollars in their pocket from Shell Federal Credit Union, and they both have a pair of tickets to the Rod Ryan Show twentieth Anniversary Party on October twelfth at the Carbock Brewery. Now, we will give you away tickets on air today and those will be on Know the Show. So the last thing we do is we get you into the anniversary show and then we turn you loose on this long weekend. Okay, are you working on Monday? Now? This is for people that have a job, so it says specifically on the X this morning employee people only, do you have Monday off? Well, I'm happy to report that eighty five percent of our audi does have off. Fifteen percent will be working. We're gonna record a bunch of stuff. We're gonna put a bunch of best of bits in there. You won't even know that we're off on Monday. If those of you that are working or you're still getting up, all right, short break when we come back, got a wreck check for you. We'll find out what's trending, and then we'll get set up for this Fresh out of Bed game.
Speaker 11: Ho Houston's alternative and tell them of the rod Ryan Morning shown.
Speaker 2: Ninety four to five the bus Good Morning rod Ryan Show. On a free beer Friday. Thank you, SPEC's first case of beer out the door. We have a new all time beer winning champion. Now, oh boy, we're getting set up. I'm getting things kind of prepared here for the Fresh out of Bed Head to Ahead. People are really excited about this guy Cody and how he's playing right now. Everyone agrees it's lights out. It's must listen to radio. So let me get set up for that. Looking outside, fifty percent chances scavit thunderstorms today. It's gonna keep it. Tessa and I were talking about this earlier. It's gonna keep it cooler, that's for sure. But man, there's just a chance of showers a good chance showers up to a fifty percent champion just about every day this weekend through Monday, as a matter of fact, through next Friday. It's gonna rain for a week. What's trending?
Speaker 5: Okay, So Aggie's are amped up because they're playing Notre Dame this weekend and ESPN selected Johnny Manziel for a popular segment on.
Speaker 6: Their college Game Day show.
Speaker 5: So people are really excited that Johnny Manziel, who is really a legend on Aggie campus, is going to be a part of the production crew and all of that going on, Like what does that mean.
Speaker 8: Like he's gonna He'll say he's gonna pick the Aggi's doing.
Speaker 6: Oh well, yeah, he's gottes Okay.
Speaker 5: And speaking of college football, last night, Colorado, who is coached by Prime Deon Sanders, they played North Dakota State and Chilli said he was up late kind of watching this game, that it was a good game. Colorado did win, but yeah, I think they the like reports are saying they still have a long ways to go, a lot to improve on. So that was one thing, and.
Speaker 6: Then this is really sad. Okay. You Leah Remney, she was on King of Queens.
Speaker 5: She has like the scientology again Scientology.
Speaker 6: After she left the church well.
Speaker 5: She shared a heartwarming post about her and her husband.
Speaker 6: Leah's husband is named Angelo.
Speaker 5: They've been together for twenty eight years and they were married for twenty one, but she said they decided to file for divorce and she's sharing it because they've basically lived their relationship in the public eye and she just didn't want people to think like it's a failure. She's like, it's just unknown territory. We'll keep you posted, but yeah, a very adult post.
Speaker 6: That's what's trending. On ninety four five to the Buzz.
Speaker 12: Good morning, everybody.
Speaker 2: This is Cody.
Speaker 12: You're fresh out of bed head to head three day champion taking on a three time Hall of Famer and went in with two questions, two answers. Pron think you can hang on to this entire victory speech because I'll be on Friday and make a win number four bitches.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there you have it. That's what a whole victory speech sounds like from Cody. All right, do you just wait for his run to be over and then call maybe or do you say, you know what, Cody's not that good. I could beat him seven one three, two, one two five. If you want to play, it's Lincoln Park on the buzz. There we go ninety four or five the buzz. Yeah, more Lincoln Park news, which means just more nonsense that we don't know what we're talking about. It does appear that the next target date is Wednesday. There's going to be some sort of an announcement. And do we trust them? I don't know. Do we know what the announcement is? We don't know. Is Lizzie Hale going to be the singer of Lincoln Park? No, yes, no, probably, I will definitely. Like I'd like to put some money. I'd like to back I'd like you to back that up with some cash. I'd like to make a bet with you on that. It's just so obvious that yesterday she put out a video of her sitting down at the piano just kind of hanging out playing a little Lincoln Park's song. Why not, it's too obvious. It's just way too upfront. So it's a cool video, and obviously that would be amazing. I mean, Lizzie Hanel's one of my favorite singers male female. She's one of my favorite singers of all time. She can handle all the Chester stuff, and I no disrespect. She can handle all the Chester stuff. She's not gonna be the lead singer. She's just not. There's just no way you can go see her video. You can go see the Lincoln Park News that basically I told you everything right there on the music blog page today and now each time for the Fresh out of bed Head to Head challenge, listeners to your corners. All right, Cody, what are you doing?
Speaker 12: I am getting ready to win another game?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Nice, okay? And the cool thing about the fresh out of bed head to head is when you win, you win stuff every day. You know, there's no thirty day weight, there's no you know, you win stuff every day. Here. So another great concert ticket is up for grabs here. You're going for win number four?
Speaker 10: Right, yes, sir?
Speaker 2: All right, Matt says you're done. Hi, Matt, what was going on?
Speaker 6: Brother Rod and family?
Speaker 2: Just one of those other matts out there. You know, I don't know where that man. I don't know where that guy is. This is justt Mayor, me and Mayor. It's just Matt.
Speaker 13: Matt.
Speaker 2: You got a history of playing this game. I sure do, Brother Rod, you played earlier this year, right, Yes, sir, how'd you do.
Speaker 13: Two or three games?
Speaker 7: Okay, I don't remember.
Speaker 5: That's special, Mam Mam Matt, Yeah, you might have to do something special to win today.
Speaker 2: Bro, you're gonna have to be exceptional. Have you heard Cody's games?
Speaker 14: Cody's been Cody's been getting.
Speaker 15: After it all week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's been silly. He's been playing angry or something over there. I don't know what's going on with Cody. What are they playing for today? Both of them?
Speaker 5: I've got Bush chigets and it's at seven one three Music Hall with Joy Cantrell, Cannleball.
Speaker 2: Okay, just going over these questions here, all right, here we go, guys. You're gonna shout out your name when uh you think you know the answer? Matt, you're ready, Ready, Cody, I know you're ready. I'm ready. What sport involves layups and free throws? Cody Basketball? Correct answer? Cody quickly on the board.
Speaker 6: Matt quickly, Cody, Matt, what.
Speaker 2: Made you think this morning? Like I'm gonna try to get through this morning when I've I've heard Cody.
Speaker 15: The last couple of days, I've been trying to laugh, like you know, eight months.
Speaker 2: It's okay, It's okay, dude, go ahead, just kick his ass on this one. You're ready kick his ass, all right, Cody and Matt, shout out your name when you think you know the answer. What reptile hisses, coils and sometimes Cody snake. I don't think I've gotten a question out with this guy, like, I don't think he is rudely said his name while I'm talking. Okay, it's radio. Wait for the other person to be done talking.
Speaker 15: Okay, good gaddy.
Speaker 2: Wow, say hey, Matt, you thirt? Are you off on Monday?
Speaker 16: All right?
Speaker 2: You're gonna need it? Yeah, I do, all right, do good to have you back on, man, take another try in about thirty days. Jesus and Rice, Cody, that's a win number four. That's some more concert tickets for you. That's two questions to answers. If you're keeping track at home, now, what do you think about the break you have a Hall of you gotta come back from a long weekend and play a Hall of Fame game. I don't know. I don't know the history of that. I know other John probably does. Cody a little bit of a break before you're day five, All.
Speaker 6: Right, sounds good.
Speaker 2: I'll make it work all right too. Good game Today again continues to impress on liberty weekend.
Speaker 10: Let's celebrate work.
Speaker 2: Why not go into it?
Speaker 11: Run Ryan Show Mornings.
Speaker 2: Four or five. The buzz Rob Ryan's Show with the White stripes set me up for a well, a pretty wet labor day weekend. Still, it looks like most of you, Yeah, most of you have off. That's great. I'm happy we're gonna be off on Monday as well. Oh no, we got a little low weekend. Guess what. Eighty one percent of our audience off on Monday. Of employed listeners, it's that employee. There's people that.
Speaker 6: Have a job.
Speaker 2: I'm asking, Okay, if don't have a job, of course you're not working. What if that's the only day you do work.
Speaker 6: Of the year.
Speaker 2: You think you're somebody that just has a job, like a day labor job. They work on Labor Day one day.
Speaker 5: I'd rather work all the federal holidays, like only yeah, les days? What are they're like twenty you gotta work Christmas?
Speaker 6: No, I want the same salary one thousand dollars an hour.
Speaker 2: You only work federal holidays.
Speaker 5: But I'll be there on Christmas. Yeah right, and like black Friday.
Speaker 6: I'll be there.
Speaker 2: Fifty chance of thunderstorms today, rain every day this weekend. Come on, fresh out of bed head to head challenge. Here's your current champion.
Speaker 12: Good morning everybody. This is total continuing my winning ladies. I only are fresh out of bed head to head four day champion. Another two questions to answer games and now we got this long Labor Day weekend away. Yeah, but don't worry. I'm coming in Tuesday morning, fresh as a daisy, and I will make it win number five and get into the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 2: Bitches. He really had I mean just talking to him getting ready for the victory speech and off air, he's unflappable. He's just not He's not like, oh my god, I'm nervous. He's not gonna be one of them. Well maybe he will, because not everybody reveals that to me until the run is over. Anybody that's got almost everybody that's gotten into the Hall of Fame. And you guys know this because you're you're listening to them. They get done with that victory speech or they get done with that game, they're like, oh my god, thank god, it's over.
Speaker 6: Right, Like it's so quote quote unquote fun, but is it really?
Speaker 2: But he's not doing that at all. He's the same cool customer that he is on the air. He's like that off air. I'm like, hey, do you want to do your own speech? Or he's like, nah, just gave me some lines. He's so nonchalant about it.
Speaker 5: So other killer Other John said, none of the Hall of Famers this year have not had a holiday to contend with, so he says it's not gonna affect Cody.
Speaker 6: He thinks he's a slammed down. Okay, yeah, a very good.
Speaker 2: It's the fun back to the day.
Speaker 17: We make you look smart, funny buddies, it's the fuck back to the day.
Speaker 2: Hey, how brother Rod, good morning? Brought in some fun facts. Yeah, shoot him out. I know you like looking smart in front of your buddies. It's tough, little effort, but this, but this segment helps. The biggest US city with no freeways, with no freeway, biggest US city with no freeways is Destin, Florida. Never in my life had I ever heard of Destin, Florida. Living up north, then I went down I moved to New Orleans. H huh, and everybody from New Orleans and Louisiana goes to Deston, Florida. That's where they that's where they vacation. But it is probably the prettiest sand in the prettiest beach ever. I mean in the US. It's just it's like talcum powder the sand and your feet squeak in the sand.
Speaker 6: I don't want to go. No, nothing.
Speaker 2: Is hidden Gym Galveston's Number Historic, Galveston's Number two, Florida. I never saw the movie The Sound of Music. I know the reference is did you watch them? You did not sit and watch the movie from start to finish.
Speaker 5: I remember it vaguely, did I did? I know I did watch it as a kid, but I remember it.
Speaker 2: I think you think you watched it.
Speaker 5: No, I've watched it ron and I remember the scene and they're running and they're all blonde and they're in the fields.
Speaker 2: I've never watched it.
Speaker 8: We had a teacher that just mailed it in for a week and it was like, we're watching this every day, all right, And it was at the end of the year.
Speaker 2: It is like a theater class. If hal tells me he watched it back in the day, I believe him. I didn't watch I never saw it.
Speaker 5: That's what you guys wrestle at hotel rooms because you'll never saw the sounds.
Speaker 2: It's pretty much the story. The path that the von Trapp family takes to escape from the Nazis in Austria, and the sound of music would not have led them to Switzerland. It would have taken them to Germany, way worse. That's not the direction you wanted to go back then, Armies. It's it's it's it's kind of like a filming error in the movie.
Speaker 6: Apparently no fact checkers, no googlers. Back then.
Speaker 2: The temperature inside the Great Pyramid of Giza is all no regardless of how hot it gets out there, the temperature inside the pyramid sixty eight degrees at all times. That's neat.
Speaker 6: That's luxurious sleep weather.
Speaker 2: It's the fun. That's the day we make you look smart body.
Speaker 17: It's the day the hills are alive with.
Speaker 2: It's been parodied on everything. Simpson's I know the oldest movie ever. You know all about it. I just have never ever came across it on TV. I never saw it. Nothing.
Speaker 5: And you call it and you like music, you're right, Julie Andrews.
Speaker 2: None of you knew that was her name.
Speaker 6: I never saw the movie.
Speaker 2: Okay, I only saw two of those. What are you giving away?
Speaker 5: Let's see meadow Flowers. No, a pair of tickets to see Falling in Reverse at with its pavilion.
Speaker 6: It's it's tonight y, it's in the pit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's in the pit. Let's talk about nuts. Yeah, you cannot talk about how I loves talking to I was like, Red, what's the only nut you can't buy in its shell? Because the shells are toxic?
Speaker 6: And there's not I like, you buy any nut in a shell.
Speaker 2: Over the fact I got nuts? Greg, Can you make me what is the what is the only nut you can't buy in a shell? Seven? One three, two, one four five. It is now time for rock out with your stock out with Captain Cash full disclosure. Hell has to have every one of his things recorded. I just send him to him and he's like other people at his work, So for compliance with with work, he's got to have these things recorded and documented and they're not edited, by the way.
Speaker 6: I won't send that that far. But no, don't send that part.
Speaker 2: But you don't send the part that we just talked about nuts, right, you just send this part now to me.
Speaker 6: This is nutty. How guess it depends on how bad you don't want them to know?
Speaker 2: Okay, wait, cut out this nut part.
Speaker 4: How hell?
Speaker 2: How are you give us the yeah? How'd we do on Wall Street? Are terrible?
Speaker 14: You're not?
Speaker 2: You're nuts, You're really terrible.
Speaker 18: It was a mix day on Wall Street yesterday that that was up two hundred and forty three points. Kick off this morning at forty one thousand, three thirty five. Nastak down thirty nine to seventeen thousand and five sixteen benchmarktin. Your Treasury's had a three point eighty six percent in oil stands at eighty five dollars ninety seven cents of barrel to the most actives, the big studs, Intel, Visa, and Apple, the big duds Home Depot, Salesforce, and Verizon. On the economic condra, this morning's pretty busy. We'll get personal income also personal spending for July right now features looking pretty good. It's on the upside. Hanging out of this be a pause opening right here on Wall Street. That's it I meant here. This is haland Menisure director with Raymond James, ported for the rodn Show from Raymond James on San Fleet and Augusta and de Friot Toys rock Out with your stockout.
Speaker 19: Bean's expressed are those of alland and not necessarily those are Raymon, James and Associates. Income Ever, nysc AS, IBC, I ART Radio or at sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it is not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmission.
Speaker 4: We'll continue.
Speaker 19: This is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to your end because programs are an educational and informational services.
Speaker 4: On leak the studs of duds based on movement as reported by.
Speaker 2: Young ITAs ninety four or five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, Good morning.
Speaker 6: Who's this?
Speaker 2: Hi, Kenny, welcome aboard. Not cash fan, This is just this is just other Kenny.
Speaker 14: Other Kenny.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's suck nuts. What's the only nut you can't buy in its shell because the shells are toxic.
Speaker 14: That's gonna be cashews.
Speaker 2: You're gonna be in the pit tonight, all right, falling in reverse. I'll see you there tonight. It's at the Woodlands Pavilion. Dude, you're in the pit, daddy. O.
Speaker 6: Yes, sir, Thank you all right, bro, thanks for being a part of homeroom.
Speaker 2: See you to night. Twenty years of.
Speaker 17: Me m in the morning with the Rod Ryan Show, only ninety four or five the Bush.
Speaker 2: Ninety four to five The Buzz. Congratulations to big Baldy Billy Corgan. Ball Bags fifty seven years old. Fifty seven and that ball bag is still churning. Got a brand new kid on the way said it was a surprise, too.
Speaker 6: Surprise. I'm in people announcing my.
Speaker 2: Cover Parrel magazine. Right there, it says, Ballbags. Good morning everybody. I hope you're off to a great start to your free beer Friday. Another case of beer is coming your way. Got a fifty percent chance of scattered thunderstorms today high of eighty six. Got a good chance of rain all weekend Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Labor Day, and then Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. It might rain all week.
Speaker 5: Ball Bags.
Speaker 2: What do you got for Houston's headlines?
Speaker 5: So on the political front, Vice President Harris says Donald Trump's comments on her identity are from the same old hired playbook. So she was giving an exclusive joint interview last night with her running mate Tim Walls to CNN, So that's kind of in the news.
Speaker 6: Cycle today, I mean today.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then former President Trump, he was at rally in Michigan yesterday and he was calling his camp pa pro family. He said he'll require health insurance companies or the government to cover in vitro fertilization costs if he's elected.
Speaker 6: He also said that parents will be able.
Speaker 5: To deduct major newborn expenses from their taxes. So that kind of perked up the years of a lot of people. They took that part of the campaign and ran and ran with it. So, yeah, some political stuff in the news cycle. It is really revved up, and it's only going to get worse as we get closer to November. So I wanted to let you guys know what's going on with that. There's some really sad views out of Dallas. A police officer is dead and two others are injured following a shootout that happened to that happened last night. The officers were shot during an exchange of gunfire near the Oak Cliff Community Center. The outlet says the suspect was killed after a chaset ended in Louisville. One of and these are the suburbs of Dallas, but one of the injured officers is reportedly in critical condition. That was in the national news cycle this morning, and it is just up the road from US. So our imp to that officer who paid fieldtimate price. Let's switch gears here a little bit. How would you rate your hot dog intake this summer? If it's been underwhelming, We're gonna.
Speaker 6: Need you to step it up this weekend. Big time hot dogs.
Speaker 2: Have you eaten this summer?
Speaker 6: Ooh? Probably four?
Speaker 2: Probably four summer since Memorial Days?
Speaker 6: Yeah, probably one on that weekend.
Speaker 5: I've been to a couple of Vastro's games.
Speaker 6: I usually have one.
Speaker 2: Then I've maybe had three hot dogs this summer.
Speaker 6: It's not enough.
Speaker 2: No, it's not enough. I'm gonna step it up. I'm gonna have some hot dogs this weekend because Sue's bringing some from Buffalo, the special Buffalo Dogs.
Speaker 6: And you got the good.
Speaker 5: You have all kinds of good mustarded relationships.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: Okay, So check this out. According to the latest Labor Day statistics, eight hundred and eighteen hot dogs are eating.
Speaker 6: Every second from Memorial Day to.
Speaker 5: Labor Day, which means we have two hundred and twelve million hot dogs left to eat over the next three days.
Speaker 2: Sony hot dogs, if you had this summer five or six? Yeah, we're all below average.
Speaker 5: We need to step up our game. Sixty seven percent of American celebrate Labor Day. There's all kinds of fun stats. If you go to Links and Guests, there's a blog page on you know, the labor force, barbecuing and vacation days. How many vacation days people have left, stuff like that, So go check it out.
Speaker 2: Chili, you had some glizzies. How many hot dogs? He count? How many hot dogs have you had this summer?
Speaker 20: Actually? I had three last night? What I had hot dogs for dinner?
Speaker 6: Done?
Speaker 2: Was that your first hot dogs of the summer?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: How many hot dogs have you had since Memorial Day weekend?
Speaker 6: Just I guess probably like three more?
Speaker 2: Six hot dogs? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Six?
Speaker 5: You know what when he all under when he just said that, I do remember there was a hot dog dinner night at my apartment and I ate, I go, I'm only gonna eat half.
Speaker 6: Of one, and I ended up eating like three of them as well.
Speaker 20: Corn dogs count, yes, okay, so about seven?
Speaker 2: Okay, you had one corn dog?
Speaker 20: I mean maybe those? Yeah, because they were like miniature ones. So I had like four of those, so they count of.
Speaker 2: Grow up, Peter Pan, Hey give those are my head?
Speaker 6: Takes a stick out?
Speaker 2: Where do you think it came from?
Speaker 6: I heard him sol if you choose that stick, Miss Christina took a lot of my freezer and brought him home for him.
Speaker 2: Why do you take over there?
Speaker 6: Like? What's your dinner?
Speaker 5: Goldfish gummies and some London's fish sticks?
Speaker 11: Fruit?
Speaker 2: All right? What else?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 5: Speaking of Glizzies, there is a new trailer for the Joey Chesnat and Taku Kobayashi's Hot Dog eating.
Speaker 2: Rematch that's this weekend. You want to hear the trailer?
Speaker 6: Of course I do to.
Speaker 21: Be the greatest. It takes hunger, do you understand?
Speaker 22: On September second, watch the greatest competitive eaters go ahead to head for the first time in fifteen years in a rematch where winner takes all shists, not versus kobay On finished beef live only on Netflix.
Speaker 5: Wow, two PMR time, guys, two pm our time.
Speaker 6: It's they're doing it in Vegas.
Speaker 5: Let's talk how about this of a down because Surge tanking has been busy. He's getting ready for the release of a new five song EP on September twenty seventh. Wide Range Styles here. It might not be the last song from the EP to hit the charts. This currently charting Justice Will Shine On. That's the one we have so far. So the lease is September twenty seventh, and those are Houston.
Speaker 2: Ten Line Take it.
Speaker 8: Alex Astro's got another win last night they beat the Royals six to three.
Speaker 6: They're going to play them again this evening.
Speaker 8: Framber Valdez being the Memphis Stros going up against Kansas City Seth Lugo.
Speaker 6: First pitch is at seven ten.
Speaker 8: You can listen to that one on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. Week one of the college football season continues tonight. They got some games, but then tomorrow we have some notable ones for you. We got Georgia taken on Clemson and eleven UT hosts Colorado State at two thirty a and M is going to play Notre Dame and probably the biggest matchup of the weekend, it'll be at six thirty tomorrow night on ABC. And U of H is going to open up the season against UNLV at six o'clock Sunday, we got LSU taken on USC's kick off at six thirty from Las Vegas on ABC. On the sports blog page today, Deon Sanders sun Shador Sanders through a pretty crazy interception off of a North Dakota State player's foot bounce off his foot off of another guy and then somebody caught it.
Speaker 2: Pretty crazy interception. If you go check that out on the blog page. I'll check that out.
Speaker 11: The rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM.
Speaker 19: The bus, Bam Friday.
Speaker 9: He's got a free Bam Friday. He got a free Bam Friday. He got a free Bam Friday, Free Bam Friday. Right Bam Friday, Bam Friday.
Speaker 4: Right, free bad Friday.
Speaker 2: Good morning, rod Ryan show you Lorning, how a y'all doing today? Really good?
Speaker 13: Man?
Speaker 2: Who's this?
Speaker 9: This?
Speaker 17: Lee?
Speaker 2: Lee? Your caller number ten. I'm gonna give you a case of.
Speaker 4: Mere he Oh.
Speaker 7: What a good start to the weekend.
Speaker 2: All right, it's a great start to the weekend.
Speaker 14: You have.
Speaker 2: You have a long weekend. Are you off on Monday? Lee?
Speaker 10: I am off on Monday. Go today, grinder in the hours today and then take the three day weekend and relax and maybe you think about a hot dog.
Speaker 7: Dude.
Speaker 2: How many hot dogs have you eaten since Memorial Day weekend? You think there's gonna be a pretty bad to relieve.
Speaker 7: The answered zero.
Speaker 14: I think it's at time I take care of that problem.
Speaker 2: Yeah, solid, it just got away from me.
Speaker 10: It just got away from me.
Speaker 2: I'm going to say the same. I'm going to say the same. And it's a.
Speaker 13: Lot of it.
Speaker 2: And I have less of an excuse because sometimes when you need like a quick meal and you've got a kid, like, Okay, let's just whip up some hot dogs, you'll find yourself doing that. You feel less apparent. You're like, oh god, hot dogs again, we haven't done.
Speaker 13: Any And also you circle back to hot dogs and rawmin and say, wait, wait you do that?
Speaker 2: All right, Well listen, dude, enjoy your beers. Man, have a great long weekend.
Speaker 15: Okay, Oh yeall is well, Thank y'll so much being on the air.
Speaker 10: Have a great one. We'll talk to y'all too.
Speaker 2: Thanks dude, Thank you so much.
Speaker 16: Man.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that lead. Everybody these seems like a pretty nice guy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's a cool cats.
Speaker 2: We gave away our last pair of tickets in the pit to see Falling in Reverse, and I didn't even I didn't even tell the guy that won the tickets. I stopped beating people up about the whole selfie thing. I didn't get one selfie sent to me from all of those pit tickets we gave away for thirty seconds to Mars last night. Early it's early. Yeah, I got a video. I got a great video of Jared Leto kind of calling us out in a good way, saying, hey man, you know we came here so many years ago. I think it was kristin Marillo. She sent me a cool video of some stage announcement coming like, hey man, we played Buzzfest back in the day. I mean, Jared Lettle's been associated with this radio station for a long long time. I think he said it was two thousand and five that they were playing on the side stage, and I was there for all of those appearances from Jared, you know, back in the day, and he was on the side stage, and I remember it being such a big deal him coming up and after we the first time that I interviewed Jared, they used to do that little interview stage. You know, we would interview the bands live and then you know, we would play a song by the band. He stood up there and just conducted everybody and sang with everyone, and it was so great. He just you can tell he had such a connection with his fans, and he wasn't quite you know, he wasn't an Academy Award winner yet, which he's an Academy Award winning you know actor now, but he had already done some acting stuff. He was pretty well known, and you can tell that the band was a priority for him. The band has always been a huge priority for him. He's just one of those rare double threat guys, you know, triple threat guys, because became of hot. He's kind of hot. Yeah, but yeah, did you see a selfie of anybody in the pit?
Speaker 6: I saw some videos. I saw some girls.
Speaker 5: That got a vinyl like signed by thirty Seconds from Marre are pit winners. I don't know if these are the same people, but I'm seeing some tweets coming in Amory tweeting all the ones that are from the thirty Seconds Tomorrow show last night.
Speaker 2: I'm going to show you how it's done. Okay, So tonight I'll be in the pit for Falling in Reverse Ronnie Radkey, the lead singer. I will show you how it's done. Yes, okay and boom, because I think I think I had six picks this weekend too, so long weekends. So one of my picks falling reverse lead singer over my shoulder. I'll show you guys how to do it, show us how it's done. But that one chick that won earlier this week for falling in reverse, she said she would get that done for us too. We'll hope you about that. I didn't mention anything to the guy that won the pit tickets today. I don't know. I okay, maybe you're living in the moment. You're not taking pictures down there. That's fine. I doubt that to be the case. But okay, anyone that wins pit tickets, send us a picture. Okay, have you in the pit? I got twenty one pilots tickets for you know, these are just tickets. They're gonna be playing the Toyota Center coming up in the September. So we have those tickets coming up for you. We have the suburb of Summer Sissler. Make sure we got the right people playing here. League City is still in it. That's Charles representing Rosenberg is still in it. Joe Joe or in the final four. They play each other. The winner will play in the final game of the year on Wednesday. So if you don't think that's must listen to radio at eight twenty today. I'm telling you, man, you cannot miss that matchup. You absolutely cannot miss it. Let's take a short break, we'll come back, we'll find out what's trending, we'll get a rec check out of the way, we'll check in with this pesky weather we have, and then we'll get to those twenty one Pilot's tickets.
Speaker 11: Houston, Houston's Alternative and the Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 6: That's what I call Chilli and Alex, weird little guys. Weird little guys play.
Speaker 2: Not even bore v Buzz. Good morning, Rod Ryan's Show. On this free Beer Friday, another case of beer coming your way straight up at eight o'clock. I've got some twenty one Pilot's tickets headed your way. Got a fifty percent chances scattered thunderstorms today and a really good chance of rain all Labor Day weekend long, which most of you are going to be off on Monday. If you can believe our Twitter pool this morning on the X, eighty percent of our audience of employed people have off on Monday.
Speaker 6: Happy for them, Happy for us.
Speaker 2: Twenty percent are working okay, all right, Well we'll have best up on Monday morning, so make sure you still tune in what's trending.
Speaker 5: There was a memorial service for rapper beat King held last night at bay Ucity Events Center. Yeah, and he, if he didn't know, suddenly died from a pulmonary embolism earlier this month.
Speaker 6: He was thirty nine years old.
Speaker 5: He was a hip hop star in the local community here and there were a lot of people from the music scene that were at the memorial service.
Speaker 6: They were joking around that Waterburger.
Speaker 5: Would miss him more than anyone because he had a huge sense of he yarn and he just loved Waterburger. So he did get a proclamation from the City of Houston at the memorial named mean August twenty ninth.
Speaker 6: Beat King Day.
Speaker 5: The seventh film from the Jurassic Park franchise got a name. Jurassic World of Rebirth will take place five years after the events of Jurassical World Dominion. I can't keep up any longer. I do love this franchise. I'm still thrilled by dinosaurs. Jurassic World Rebirth will be in theaters July second of next year. I want to get over to Universal to do that Jurassic Park ride, that theme park ride, or it might.
Speaker 6: Be Disney World, I don't know. Also, did you see this clip circulating?
Speaker 5: We had mentioned Kaitlyn Clark yesterday because she broke the WNBA three point record, but she had a press conference after the game and her friend was giving an interview and they were like talking about her defense. She was like, yeah, you know, I just go out there try to get my hands on as many.
Speaker 6: Balls as I could. And Caitlyn Clark is.
Speaker 5: Like, yeah, by just trawling her friend during the press because it's funny, Okay, hilarious.
Speaker 6: It's hilarious.
Speaker 5: So if you haven't seen that clip, I believe Barstool it might be even be on the sports blog page. But that's what's trending on ninety four by the bus.
Speaker 2: We were laughing about nuts this morning during home room.
Speaker 6: Kaitlin Clarks is just like us nuts balls, they're funny, just like us.
Speaker 2: Nuts balls, farts all funny. Okay, what are you giving away?
Speaker 5: I have a pair of tickets to see twenty one Pilots at Toyota Center.
Speaker 6: They play September fourth.
Speaker 2: All right, seven one three, two one two five nine four five. Would this help wake you up?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Now is the time on the Rod Ryan Show where we jump and we jump around and we get crazy. Seven one three two one two five, nine four five. Looking for colder number ten for those twenty one pilot's tickets. Let's let House of Pain take it away. Ninety four five, the buzz, Right, House of Paint, Jump around ninety four five, the buzz. It must be Friday around this place. Oh yeah, it must be Friday here. Good morning. Help, you're off to a great start to your day. We are turning you loose for this Labor Day weekend, long weekend. Most of you have off on Monday. I'm happy to see that rain all weekend. I'm not trying to like, you know, I mean, it's still it's Labor Day weekend. You still got to get your party and then you still gotta get some We're all behind on our hot dog number count for the summer, so everyone's got to step up their hot dog count. Rain every day, every day and all next week we're gonna be talking about it as well. So lots of rain in the forecast. I did get she's not in the pit, but she won tickets from us. You know where Katrina won tickets to the thirty Seconds to Mars from us where Valentine's Day Meat, Mile of Meat. Dang, yeah, I think she's been hanging out of these since Valentine's Day, the Cactus Cove Mile of Me party. So she won tickets at the event. I think they were just lawn tickets, but apparently thirty Seconds to Mars. Anybody that was at the show, Jared said, you know what, you're on the lawn, boo. Just come on up, just come on up. There were a lot of open seats, so everybody just did a mass mad dash for the for the seats, and then people went up on stage, and you know, Jared is just super interactive. I guess I need to ask did he bungee jump into the crowd. It's been doing that on a bunch of videos, and I just I haven't watched enough of them to see is he doing it at every show? But I can't imagine every venue would allow that. But Katrina sent a picture She goes, I know we're not in the pit, but I got a couple of selfies with Jared in the background, so it's her and her daughter, and she remembers seeing Jared back in the day at thirty seconds to Mars playing Buzzfest. So all right, Katrina, you're the best. Thank you. Jared Leto looking handsome as ever on stage there. Yep, such a cutie patuity. It's nice that he called us out, though, meaning in a good way, calling out ninety four five the buzz and talking about playing Buzzfest back in the day. I put that video up on our Facebook page early this morning. Who's on the phone here? Hello? Hello, hello, hello, hi, hi yo. Who's this with myo?
Speaker 22: Soto?
Speaker 2: Hey? Smel how are you pretty good?
Speaker 10: Just got to work?
Speaker 2: What do you do well?
Speaker 10: Did a fabrication shop?
Speaker 2: Tig meg? Those are kind of welds?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I do floods and flocks and tig yeah.
Speaker 6: For should be writing this down?
Speaker 2: Yes, will you?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 2: My welding friends, I've said this, I've told this story before. They will, like see a weld on a fence or a bicycle, they can't help themselves to call out the weld like if it's crappy, like look at that weld, Look at that weld right there. That's how that's how do you do that? Is mel.
Speaker 15: When I go to like six flags and stuff, Yes, I do.
Speaker 2: Yeah. He looks at they look at welds, they look at where metal is brought together, and and they bag on the person that did that, like, oh my god, what did that put those two things together? What idiot did this? I'm so much better than that.
Speaker 6: Oh I could get in on that. I need to learn how to weld so I can talk some mess the smell you're calling number ten dude. Congratulations.
Speaker 17: Also, my wife is going to love me.
Speaker 2: I'm glad she's gonna have a renewed love of me. Whre are they going?
Speaker 6: They're gonna go, They're gonna jump on a plane.
Speaker 5: Oh no, wait, they're gonna see all the pilots, twenty one pilots, Toyota Center.
Speaker 6: The tickets are yours?
Speaker 2: Also all right, bro, thank you, thank you. Have a great time at that show. Be careful at I have a lot of welder friends. Yeah, should ask does he have like a cool helmet? You have a cool helmet, dude, Like it's all painted up and stuff, stickers all over it. Oh, we got what are they? What are the stickers?
Speaker 10: They're my sister.
Speaker 2: I don't hate it. I don't hate it all right, this mail hang on for me. Thank you, thank you so much.
Speaker 6: That's cool.
Speaker 2: Just in time for Labor Day weekend, I imagine some of us. I know I will plan on knocking back a few beers this weekend. Gator wine is trending now on social media.
Speaker 6: Gator wine.
Speaker 2: I just saw it. Tessa's eyebrows just flew off of a head.
Speaker 6: That just means I'd need more botox.
Speaker 2: But gator wine, it's a specific recipe too, is it gatorade in wine? Yeah, but it's not. Don't go tossing lemon lime gatorade with some chardonnaye.
Speaker 6: Oh no, okay, ibery.
Speaker 2: No equal parts light blue, Glacier freeze, Gatorade and any cheap red wine as long as it's less than twelve dollars dollars a bottle. That's cheap. That's cheap wine. Twelve dollars a bottle. Yeah, yes, Glacier freeze. So there was a disgusting Yeah, there's a there's a big YouTube series that I got a link to it on the food blog page. Today. They did a taste test. The guy didn't love it, but he said it was way better than the cheap wine on its own, and they specifically used the Glacier Freeze Gatorade just like the recipe said, and it was a it was a barefoot pino noir A.
Speaker 6: Right, that's definitely not my next se extrink.
Speaker 14: So thank you.
Speaker 2: I mean, you might vomit, but at least you'd be super hydrated with the gatorade in there going. So I don't know, if you're a wine drinker you want to get a little adventurous. I got the recipe, I got the videos, all that stuff on the food blog page that I You are listening to the rod Ryan Show on Free Beer Friday, right, crick it d good, must be ninety four or five. Also, let's do another one the buzz Buzz that's staying and lowisted me. Good morning rod Ryan Show. On this Free Beer Friday, we'll have another case of beer straight up for you at eight o'clock. Thank you to our friends at Specs for the beers. And then of course we got the summer Summer Sizzler. That League city in there. Charles and Joe from Rosenberg, winner of today's matchup, plays in the final game of the year. It's exciting. It's an exciting time. Right now, I've really enjoyed this. I mean, the whole tournament's great, but when you start getting into the Great eight and then we've got all those people in the Final four and gave away cash and gave away tickets to the anniversary show, it just the stakes go they go through the roof. Now we're talking about getting in that game to play for five thousand dollars from Shell Federal Credit Union Wednesday, do not miss it Wednesday, and then guess what happens on Thursday. Did you know Thursday Read my Lips goes back to eight twenty.
Speaker 6: Baby, ooh, a late game. I think that's what I need. I don't think I've won a game since it's been seven twenty. Dude, you know it's too early.
Speaker 2: It hasn't been horrible. I'll say that it hasn't been horrible. We used to rotate where read my Lips was played on Thursday seven twenty and eight twenty, go back and forth every other week, and I just found the seven twenty. Sometimes it was just so hard to make sure that I get the words in time. And you know that's all happening live on the air, and some of you do it a great job of sending me stuff Wednesday night. But we're gonna put the game back at a twenty next week. Sumburb of Summer sais, though still rocking at a twenty today Tuesday Wednesday final game. I'm sorry to see it go, but I probably say that every year. I got people that work that work the shows. I got a Pavilion report he said, no name. Jared did not bungee jump last night. Okay, but apparently, and this comes from TKC eight eight five, they brought out someone rob last night from Houston to sing the Kill with them. He covered it on YouTube. Jared loved it, so they invited him out to sing it with them. Interesting, Wow, who's got video of one of our guys? Because Limp Biscuit did the same thing. I got a video of that guy that went up there and sang with Fred Durst. That's the cool thing to do right now. So there must be somebody that does a wicked cover that Jared loves. Anybody got video of that? Anybody know who the guy was? It went on stage and sang with thirty seconds to mars La last night. I'd like to put a little bit more shed, a little bit more light on him. All right, we'll see what we can track him down. Long weekends always get us talking a little bit. We have a long weekend. We're off on Monday, which is what I prefer, by the way, I like to have the Monday off. I like Fridays, same like Fridays. So it got people talking with this long weekend because eighty percent of our audience, according to the x at rod Ryan's show, have off. And it may be a pipe dream, but it's not going to stop us from dreaming of pipes and days off. If you change to a four day work week, which extra day would you want off? Tessa? Is it easy?
Speaker 6: So easy?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Monday, Monday, Monday.
Speaker 2: I have to agree, like I have to agree.
Speaker 5: I mean not even a close second Tuesday, but definitely Monday, Like with ninety percent of my vote.
Speaker 8: Alex, Yeah, it's Fnday, Friday's or vibe like Fridays are you look forward to Friday and everyone changes that the Thursday if we took Fridays. But like I think, having the extra day to come back, you could go somewhere over the weekend and still come back on Monday.
Speaker 2: That's nice.
Speaker 5: Everyone's in a good mood on Fridays, like they're in a better mood on Fridays than they're on Monday.
Speaker 2: Where everybody agrees, now almost where almost everybody agrees is everyone wants a long weekend. But when people were pulled nationwide, forty seven percent of people said they would like to have Fridays off, twenty seven percent want Mondays off. And then the next one that was even in the discussion because I mean Tuesday. I mean, of course, you know Tuesday is going to become the new Monday. But that's fine. The other day that kind of just at least registered was Wednesday, to have that day in the middle of the week to kind of get things caught up and break up the break up the work week. So Wednesday actually well middle day, Wednesday got almost as much as Monday. Uh So, forty seven percent of the people said Fridays, twenty seven percent said Monday, twenty one percent said Wednesdays to break up in the middle.
Speaker 6: That's a good that's actually a really good case because it's smart. You can do anything for two days, you.
Speaker 4: Know what I mean.
Speaker 5: But then for me, it's hard to get in a flow like on Thursday and Friday, I'm finally like, Okay, I'm in the flow of a work thing, I kind of. I'm like doing my job really accurately, more so than you know.
Speaker 6: The start of the week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean a couple of RANDO has said Tuesday day and Thursday. I don't know what the argument would be for that. I can't even imagine Wednesday. I understand it. But for me, I agree with you guys. If it ever came down to that, didn't we just do this yesterday? What would be a campaign promise that I guarantee that you would vote for that person if they made it illegal to work five days in a row. Yeah, then I Monday for me too. I love being with you guys on Friday. I mean it's I look forward to it. All the fun stuff, I mean, the beer, the stuff, the open phones is just I never get tired of hearing what you guys want to talk about and what you guys say. And I'm gearing up for it again. So a couple hours, man, we'll turn the show over to you at nine o'clock. Keep in mind it's open phones Friday, So what do you want to come at us with? And then before we get out of here today We'll leave you with twentieth anniversary party tickets. Houston's rocking alternatives, The Rod.
Speaker 19: Ryan Morning Show six to ten am, ninety four or five.
Speaker 2: Ninety four, five, The Buzz, Red jumpsuit apparatus, and Face Down. We just talked to a guy who was a welder. Said he had a couple of stickers on his on his welding mask.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 2: One just sent me a picture of his welding mask. He said, Hey, ro brother Rod, I just wanted to show you this picture featuring my favorite radio show, The Buzz. He's he's got one of our stickers that he bought from the store. He's got it on his welding mask.
Speaker 6: He's a sure yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. He works on power plant turbines, keep the outages, keep us from keep up out of the power outages, all right, working Monday to Friday five eight to seven pm, thirteen hour shifts Saturdays ten hours. Love you guys. That's why we have Labor Day because of a hard working guy like one.
Speaker 6: That's right one. I retweeted that picture. It's on the X.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that would be a good gallery and be a good photo to see you. I just I know we have a ton of people that weld get a cool welding mask.
Speaker 6: Let's see, it's a welder gallery rod.
Speaker 2: Fifty chance of scattered thunderstorms today eighty six. Great chance of rain all weekend. Long Testa has Houston's headlines.
Speaker 5: So the headline this morning politically why Politically speaking? Vice President Harris and her running mate Tim Walls finished a joint interview that went over a wide range of topics on CNN last night.
Speaker 6: She said implementing.
Speaker 5: Proposals to support the middle class would be among the first thing she does in office. A lot of people talking about that joint interview this morning. Meanwhile, Former President Donald Trump was in Wisconsin at a campaign event, and he says IVF costs would be covered by insurance if he's elected president.
Speaker 6: So a lot of people talk about that this morning.
Speaker 2: Really here, that came out of my pocket.
Speaker 6: Yeah, maybe you get some sort of reimverse it. I doubt it. Well, you know that federal money, it comes so quick, they'll they'll just reimbverse you, right.
Speaker 3: What.
Speaker 2: You know what, boy, that's a really important issue because it was so expensive and I was lucky enough to have the means to do it. But I think everybody knows London came into this world using IVF and it's so expensive. It's us so and just imagine how many more people would be able to do it, you know. So, yeah, that's a great thing.
Speaker 5: Texas Attorney General Ken Paxson filed a lawsuit yesterday versus.
Speaker 6: The State Fair of Texas.
Speaker 5: He's trying to block the fair's ban on carrying firearms at the fair this year.
Speaker 2: So this.
Speaker 5: Guns weren't always banned at the Texas State Fair. The band came in response to a shooting at last year's fair, and Paxson is calling the band an i legal restriction on gun owners' rights.
Speaker 6: Now, Texas is an open kerry state.
Speaker 5: That means we allow our residents to carry a handgun without a license, without a background check or training. The Fair reopens in September and it lasts for almost a month.
Speaker 6: So this is something.
Speaker 5: I don't know if they can resolve it before the fair starts, but it's definitely in the news cycle.
Speaker 2: Have you guys seen any of the videos? Again, I probably stopped on one and then they're popping up now in the algorithm, but it'll say something I'm this old, and it'll show it a pickup truck with a gun wreck on the back window.
Speaker 6: I seen this, that's your before you page.
Speaker 2: Kids would go to school and then they'd go hunting afterwards. Can you imagine seeing a parked car This is I mean, I guess I saw it used to in Texas?
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine seeing a parked pickup truck? Okay, and that back window there's two shotguns hanging on a rack and you could park that car safely anywhere. Could you imagine that in this day and age.
Speaker 5: I can't imagine it in the city of Houston, Texas.
Speaker 6: Now, Yeah, used to happen because.
Speaker 5: That's like one of the top bets, right, it's guns from cars people leave.
Speaker 6: There are guns unlocked in like a glove box.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: People were constantly getting their cars broken into, and sure, gun's.
Speaker 2: Jack See Breezy was just looking for, you know, a gun. But then he but then he just took off on my truck. It took off with my truck. H Yeah, I'm this old and they show like an old truck with a gun rack on the back. But I know I've seen it before. It's the craziest looking thing ever. I can't even imagine with two guns hanging on the back of a car and you're just parking at all. You're not like coming back.
Speaker 5: Those guns are gonna be there the good old days, back in the day, they were Okay, can you play this next thing?
Speaker 2: Oh you like this cliphouse bacon?
Speaker 4: Where's the macon?
Speaker 2: I smell bacon, bacon, becon, gotta be bacon.
Speaker 13: Only one things was like bacon's bacon.
Speaker 2: Bacon, bacon, bacon, macon, dire chewy, yell me smoking bacon.
Speaker 5: I mean that's like a dog commercial for bacon strips. But that is kind of the way a lot of people act around bacon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel that way.
Speaker 5: It is International Bacon Day tomorrow, so this is a little pre celebration with stats on bacon.
Speaker 6: We've got a blog page up for it.
Speaker 5: Seventy one percent of people say everything tastes better with bacon, sure, fifty seven percent say they eat bacon every day they could, and sixty nine percent of people say they consider bacon a side dish that could pair with anything, like, give me like a side of bakeley, I'll take the lasagna and a.
Speaker 6: Side of bacon, please, thank you, Okay.
Speaker 5: Forty three percent of mail diners say the quickest way of their heart is via bacon.
Speaker 2: There was a bar inside the French in the French Quarter in New Orleans Bacon happy hour. Instead of putting a bullet chips out when you sat down, they put a cup at about six pieces of candy bacon yum before you ordered. That was the chips and salsa. What a tree bacon happy hour.
Speaker 5: You know, my favorite thing is when the bloody mary comes with just a crispy piece of bacon in it.
Speaker 6: That's one of my favorite ways to drink of bloody Marys.
Speaker 2: One of the best sides on a bloody Maria of all time.
Speaker 6: All Right, this story is pretty serious.
Speaker 5: It is headlining the crazy criminal blog page or the celebrity blog Celebrity criminal blog page. Dancing with the Stars pro artam ching Vitsev has been arrested for domestic violence.
Speaker 6: He was booked.
Speaker 5: Thursday morning in Napa County, California. Now he is a professional dancer who has competed on twelve seasons of Dancing.
Speaker 6: With the Stars.
Speaker 5: You know how they always like partner a celebrity with a pro. He's one of the pros and he is married to former ww wrestler Nikki Garcia. Ak Nikki Bella, who was his dance partner in the season that she was on Dancing with the Stars.
Speaker 6: Now they've been married. They have a four year old son.
Speaker 5: They just celebrated a wedding anniversary on Monday Jing. Vincev has not been charged with any crime, but we do know that he was booked. And yeah, this was a story that TMZ broke. I believe late last night, Lincoln Park killing me Smalls September fifth, they've announced.
Speaker 6: That that is their announcement. They had that's a definite date.
Speaker 5: After they left mans wondering about what happened to anticipated news, they had this countdown clock and then they just restarted.
Speaker 6: The countdown clock.
Speaker 5: And then our girl Lizzie Hale posted her singing a Lincoln Park song on piano. It's it's such a tangled but those are Houston's dead players.
Speaker 4: Go.
Speaker 8: Alex Astro's got another win last night they beat the Royal sixty three. They'll play them again this evening. Framer Valdez is gonna be on the mound for the Trill is going up against Kansas City's Seth Lugo. First pitches at seven to ten, and you can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. It's week one of the college football seasons. Notable games on the schedule this weekend. We've got tomorrow Georgia taken on Clemson Texas to play Colorado State.
Speaker 6: A and M hosts Notre Dame and U of Ights is gonna play U n l V.
Speaker 8: Sunday, we got LSU taken on USC from Las Vegas.
Speaker 2: That is what's going on. And I'm just being clear here. Thursday night starts NFL this coming Thursday. Yes, okay, so just college this weekend, right, okay, making sure, making sure? Get're so confused?
Speaker 6: Rock and Alternative Verus The Rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 4: Show six to ten AM. The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Friday Bday, All right, let's go, let's go.
Speaker 6: Bam Friday.
Speaker 9: You got a free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday. You got a free bad Friday, Free Bam Friday. And right Bam Friday. Right Maam Friday and free man Friday.
Speaker 2: Good Morning, Rod Ryan Show. Yes, sir, Well, Hello, who's this?
Speaker 10: This is Jonathan Buck.
Speaker 21: How's it going, brother Ron?
Speaker 2: It's going great, It's going great. How's your morning?
Speaker 10: As gets up?
Speaker 2: Bar just got the word Okay, I'm in working for a little bit. Can I interest you in a case of beer? Jonathan? Absolutely, let's do it. Free beer Friday.
Speaker 13: Man.
Speaker 2: If I do you work a five day work week, yes, If you could have one day off and it became a four day work week, what would be your optimal day off Monday? We all are on the same page with that. Most people say Friday. It's like, oh, I want to start partying, you know, Thursday night. I get and I understand that, But I like Fridays. Man with you guys. I think it's fun. I like that dumb little free beer Friday song Alex just played. I like it all. I'm here for all of it. Jump around, I'm here for it all right. Well, it's not that it's happening anytime soon. People start talking about these things, they get my hopes up. Jonathan, have a great weekend. Are you off Monday?
Speaker 10: Yes, sir?
Speaker 2: Okay, so we all get to live that dream. This is at least next week week.
Speaker 6: Pretend it's always like this.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Jonathan. Enjoy your beers.
Speaker 4: Bro.
Speaker 2: As a matter of fact, let me just make sure this is an updated number here. Yeah, eighty percent of our audience is going to You know, of employed people, eighty percent of people that have jobs are off on Monday. Twenty percent not are working. Okay, did you talk about the lemonade stand where the bikers came in and donated all the money? Did you mention that this week?
Speaker 6: I mean there have been stories like that, but I haven't remembered one like that this week.
Speaker 2: So some low life in Virginia robbed a kid's lemonade stand. I mean that's the lowest of the lot. Yeah. Yeah, did you guys do that? I had, I had kool aid stands.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I did her lemonade stand before in your front yard.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well my friends at my friend's house. We did it together.
Speaker 2: And then it turned into a war because Helen Conley next door, like she tried to sell it next door as a penny.
Speaker 6: Cheaper ruined it. Yeah, would Yeah.
Speaker 2: And it wasn't tightedn't you know? There wasn't that little girl that started up the lemonade charity. There wasn't all that. It was just it was just for us to make money. Yeah, it was just a get candy or something.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: I lived on a dead end street. Okay, So I mean it wasn't exactly booming. But I didn't need Helen Conley right next door to me opening up a lemonade stand and charging a penny less. I think it was like five cents. She's like, oh, yeah, come get some of this. It's four cents. I'm like, asshole, there's a tight market here, a really tight market. I don't appreciate that.
Speaker 5: I remember by Brent Alexandria, she'd be like, don't tell them we have change.
Speaker 6: You'll just give us the five dollars.
Speaker 2: Oh, you were back then, scheming trying to off.
Speaker 1: It was so funny.
Speaker 6: I didn't think it was a bad idea. But I was like, oh, I was like, you're so smart. I don't see I don't see enough of it.
Speaker 2: But I have seen it driving around, riding around in the heights, and I'll always stop. I'll always stop. Another reason, they just have a little bit of cash on you. Yeah, So this little girl that the kid's lemonade stand gets ripped off. People run away with the money, and it was about forty dollars in there right. A group of bikers stepped up helped out. So you got and this is where you got to go kind of go see three things you must See Today. I mean, there's these big, burly biker guys. I love it, man. They all show up to the lemonade stand the following weekend along with a bunch of people from the community because word got out, so in one day they brought in six thousand, two hundred dollars in sales at the lemonade stand. I thought that was awesome story. Yeah, and just you know, I don't know if it's as bad as it used to be, but you know, people, you know, you see a big biker and big dude, the leather and the beard and everything. These guys, man, they're always doing stuff for charity. Most of those motorcycle rides you see, those are all moneys going to something else, you know, against a lot of it's children related to you.
Speaker 6: Anti bully and stuff.
Speaker 2: Anti bully and child abuse. Anti child abuse is like probably one of the biggest causes for some of the motorcycle and I'm not going to say gangs out there, but some of the causes that they get behind. And it's just it's absolutely great. So I love this story today. It's one of the great blog pages we have on Three Things You Must See Today. Holly is the definition of a good sport. She said, good luck to Joe today. Joe beat her earlier in the tournament, and I mean, you know, she's got to get in a little backhanded comment. I'm gonna wish Joe good luck today since I lost and let him slide through. She got it wrong, She got it wrong. You know the game. You know the game because it was third Eye blind it was she thought it was semi charmed life, and it was two Princes. Oh that's right, and none of us and none of us ever put that that little snare drum roll in the beginning, none of us ever put that together. Like those sounded similar, very so it was two princes, she guessed, semi charmed.
Speaker 6: Life, and we all were just like no.
Speaker 2: So she said, even though I let him slide through, I feel like he has to win now. And for the record, every single song that comes on the station now I cringe because I know everyone I'm still mad. Thank you, Holly. These are exciting games today. These are both dudes, Joe from Rosenberg Charles from Lake City. They both have two hundred and fifty dollars in their pocket from show Federal Credit Union. They also both have tickets to the rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party, which I will be giving away tickets on Know the Show today. What they're playing for is to get into the last game of the year on Wednesday for five thousand dollars. That's how important this game is. I'm telling you right now, I cannot wait. We'll say hi to the fellas after this the Buzz, Rock.
Speaker 4: And altern and The rod Ryan Morning Show. I'm six to ten am.
Speaker 2: Ninety four The Buzz Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. Sorry, we were Tessa and I were looking at videos over here.
Speaker 6: We're investigating.
Speaker 2: We're investigating because a guy by the name of Nate Vickers got on stage with thirty seconds to Mars last night and he sang and Jared said that you know, he saw a video of him and they just had to bring him up on stage. So Nate Vickers, I said, Wow, Olympus get just brought a guy up on stage. But I don't think it's the same guy.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 5: So Nay Viggers definitely has a picture with Fred Durst, like backstage.
Speaker 2: See that picture right now, So we're.
Speaker 5: Trying to see, Yeah, not the same guy.
Speaker 2: Black T shirt, white t shirt, unless he changed shirts.
Speaker 6: That's what I'm saying. He could have just thrown up. I think his beard's a little thicker.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. Somebody knows who's the guy that went on stage with Limp.
Speaker 5: Biscuit And is it the same guy that just went on stage with thirty seconds to Mars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know you're doing this in this trending segment, but yeah, a lot of videos and stuff coming in from thirty seconds to Mars. Great show last night. Everyone was raving about how great they were. Got a fifty percent chance of scattered with understorms today, hive about eighty six. Okay, come on, we gotta do this.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no.
Speaker 5: I'm reading the comments of the picture with Fred Durst and people were saying and his He's saying like that Fred flew him out just to connect with him and to continue pursuing his path. So did he's say anything about performing or anything. But he was at the at the Limp Biscuit show and he did perform last night thirty seconds to Mars. He actually got on the mic and stuff. And this kid can't saying he's from Houston. Check him out, Ate Vickers. That is trend number one. Okay, another trend. This is really sad and alex. This is more in the sports realm. But this morning on ESPN's Get Up, they were talking, Mike Greenberg announced that there were two tragic passings of Columbus Blue Jacket star Johnny Godrew Goudreau and his brother Matthew.
Speaker 6: They were involved in an accident.
Speaker 2: They were hit my car. Oh oh, my.
Speaker 5: Gosh, and the driver possibly under the influence, is what I was reading. And that is super tragic because not only a mega talent, but very young, very young, both of them, very young. Okay, so that's something that's going on that's been trending on the X. And then did you guys this isn't like breaking news, but did you guys hear of the co workers who left.
Speaker 6: A man behind? They went like on an office retreat in the mountains.
Speaker 5: This is in Colorado, and they're saying, hey, it's like us iHeart, Hey guys, let's all go to the mountain and let's just.
Speaker 6: Do some bonding.
Speaker 2: Does he left somebody behind?
Speaker 5: They left behind the story during storm he had to survive a night alone on a mountain after his coworkers left him behind. And people on TikTok were going crazy. They're like, this is proof that your coworkers are not your press.
Speaker 2: Sorry, bro, no hard feelings.
Speaker 14: I'm not happy.
Speaker 5: Oh, I'm just glad they found him alive. That's no joke on a mountain during a storm. That's just trending.
Speaker 2: All right, let's sy let's say hi to these final four. They're all winners right now. Hey, Joe, good morning, good morning. Did you hear Holly she kind of like backhanded supported you, and she kind of backhandedly said she kind of hopes you win. She said she let you slide through. What do you say to that, Joe?
Speaker 14: I mean, I've got a look down that one. Okay, I did get the song on the after that film.
Speaker 2: Yeah you did. No, No, you earned your way in here. So way to go, Joe. There's only Bobby that's sliding still, right, is that Bobby from yesterday?
Speaker 6: Sneaky Bobby?
Speaker 2: Yeah? So, Joe, you already have two hundred and fifty dollars in your pocket. You've got Rod Ryan's show twentieth anniversary party tickets. You can just stop right now, dude. If that's enough for you, that's fine. You don't have to try to go any further now, I'm trying to get it off. Yeah, you want to win the five grand? Yes, sir, same will be asked of Charles. Try a Charles, Congratulations. I'm being to this point already, dude, Cash take us to the hottest party in town. Now you're two victories away from five thousand dollars from show Federal Credit Union. I can't wait to hear how you guys play this up. I can't wait to hear how you guys play this game. You got three and a half minutes? Okay, Charles, Yes, sir, all right, Joe Charles, three and a half. Get your mind right, Clebertnight Weekend, I will libert to get drunk la.
Speaker 21: Ron Ryan Show on ninety four to five The Buzz.
Speaker 2: Ninety four or five The Buzz Popper, Roach Scars, rod Ryan Show, Free Beer Friday, thirty minutes away from our fourth and final case of beer. Thank you to our friends at Specs. There's the bell and then open phones Friday, next to the you know, the last hour of the show. We'll leave you with Rod Ryan Show twentyth anniversary party tickets. That's the only pair we're given away today. Sorry, you know, I mean the guys that are gonna about to play this game. They're already in the party. So we got all we got all the right people taking care of right. Yeah, fifty chance of scattered thunderstorms today. Hi of eighty six goes every day every day, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, all through next week through Friday. Believe it or not, really big huge chances of rain each and every day. Let's go. Let's go. Charles, what'd you do in three and a half minutes that I talked to you last What.
Speaker 10: Did you do? I drank?
Speaker 14: I drank some coffee. Okay, I went to bed about three thirty this morning.
Speaker 6: What is wrong with you?
Speaker 10: Duane?
Speaker 6: This is a huge game for you.
Speaker 2: Why did you go to bed so late?
Speaker 6: Alex?
Speaker 14: We're actually in a We're actually in Austin. My band played show last night, so.
Speaker 10: You're up right.
Speaker 6: This guy knows music.
Speaker 2: Rock and roll groupies partying a in chicks everywhere. Charles, what's the name? What's the name of your band? Charles to eighty one?
Speaker 14: Right, Uh, yep, but two eighty one?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, there you go, there you go.
Speaker 14: Yeah, we were we played with we played with the gop from American Pile last night. Thomas Nicholas who played Kevins.
Speaker 2: Really that's awesome.
Speaker 14: Yeah, he's actually still a sleep in my room right now.
Speaker 2: What we'll wake him up? No, I'm kidding, Rock and Roll out of control. Joe was in bed at six thirty yesterday. Hi Joe, Joe, what time did you go to bed last night? About like eleven eleven? And you got him? He woke up at what time?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 2: Seven hours? That's solid. That's solid. Okay, Well, let's see how this does. They already got the cash, they already got the tickets. The only thing left to do is Charles or Joe, whoever wins, is playing on Wednesday for five thousand dollars show Federal Credit Union.
Speaker 6: All right, all right, Alex, give me some music.
Speaker 2: Oh I got you, buddy. This is a matchup number twenty nine in the suburb Summer Sissler. It is the third final game of this amazing tournament. Guys, you're gonna shout out your name. When you think you know the name of the band and the name of the song, I will say your name. You will have approximately three seconds to give me the information that we need.
Speaker 6: Charles Joe. Are you ready, Yes, sir, Yes, sir?
Speaker 2: Good luck boys, Oh, big deep breath, and here we go. I'm looking at you through the glass, Charles. Three three blasts?
Speaker 6: Two?
Speaker 15: Got it?
Speaker 23: Got it?
Speaker 6: Charles?
Speaker 3: Are you kidding me? Right now?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: That's what that was. Joe, Joe, Why did you sleep so long?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Joe?
Speaker 2: Why did you sleep seven hours last night and do the right thing? Why did you do the right thing last night?
Speaker 10: Joe?
Speaker 6: Sleep doesn't even matter, Guys, don't listen. Prose it freak over there never sleeps.
Speaker 2: Hey, Joe, looks up. Listen, Joe. I'll see you. I'll see you at the twentieth anniversary party with a big water cash in your pocket. All right, Joe?
Speaker 14: Yet there?
Speaker 2: All right, dude, Holly Holly, did let you slide through?
Speaker 17: Joe?
Speaker 10: I'm kidding.
Speaker 2: I'm kidding.
Speaker 6: He kicked the ass last go around, all right, Charles.
Speaker 2: Listen, I want to book a gig. On to book a gig on Tuesday night, stay up with American Pie actors until three in the morning, and then come in here on Wednesday and win the five thousand dollars. You have to do the same thing, dude. You obviously have to keep this rolling.
Speaker 14: That's the plan. I'll tell him.
Speaker 6: When he wakes up, please get some rests.
Speaker 14: Oh my goodness, I'm going to I'm gonna go back to sleep right now.
Speaker 2: Well deserve Yes, you heard it. Thank you, Charles, great job. Today, Tomorrow off, Monday Off Tuesday, Dayton will take on clear Lake. The winner of that matchup takes on Charles. Last game is on Wednesday. Thank you to our friends over as Shell Federal Credit Union. So much fun.
Speaker 17: The Right Right Show celebrating twenty years nine of us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, ninety four or five, the Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. I mean, you can't play a Shineedown song or a Blue October song or Sublime without thinking about the rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party. I'm not rubbing it in. I'm just telling you, don't worry. There's more chances. Okay, we're gonna get more of you in. We're gonna get a ton more of you in. This week. We had some fun. Chilli said he still liked to have fun. And Chili was out with a bunch of tickets at a particular location this week, and he was out there with twenty pairs of tickets. What are we gonna do next week? I don't know. I mean we're gonna give away tickets, and we're gonna continue to give away tickets, but well, we have more fun. Will we do a big chunk of tickets in some way? Why not? Okay, we can put we can put over two thousand people into that area over at the brewery, So we want to pack it. We want you there. All the information about the rod Ryan Show twenty t anniversary party is on the world famous rod Ryan showpage at buzz dot com. And our friends over at Liquid Death just came in so that you know, if you don't have a car box product in your hand, I want I want a Liquid Death in your hand. I want you go on every other one. It's going to be an all day thing because the doors are opening up at three o'clock. We have acoustic performances from Shine Down, which got me talking about it, Sublime, Blue October, Theory of a Dead Man, and the Exies and possibly you. I hope, so, I hope so know the show today. We'll have tickets. I mean, Chili, was that all the fun? Did we use up your fun? Or do you want to have more fun next week? And I mean not the same kind of fun? But are you should we still have fun.
Speaker 20: Oh yeah, we always gotta have fun, man. Okay, that's the only reason I'll come to work.
Speaker 2: For fun. Yeah, for fun and to see your twin brother.
Speaker 6: Well, we see each other outside of the yeah where, no where? Yeah? Interesting?
Speaker 2: All right, Chilie says, we're gonna have fun next yek So we'll come up with something fun for you guys to win some tickets. We're not gonna be here on September first. But you know what, when you look forward to the month of September, I mean dominated by football, right, I mean September Thursday is the start of the NFL season. Chiefs are hosting the Ravens Packer play the Eagles on Friday. There's a weird Friday Brazil game. Just to kind of keep you up on that. We'll talk about this next week. College football is should kind of just getting started up. This is like the real weekend, right, and college game Day is in at A and M.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think good morning A.
Speaker 2: Marykay's out there right now.
Speaker 6: Okay, purday game of the weekend A Notre Dan.
Speaker 2: What else in September? Well, I guess what. September is Prostate Cancer Awareness month. We're gonna be bringing back the Rod Ryan showkeres online store. We're gonna have new designs eventually, deb I promise, I'm gonna get with you. But we already know stuff about the golf tournament. We already know stuff about our Boodrock car show. So that's all on the way, all right, And those things have already been announced that the golf tournament is sold out. The big movie they say for September. Do you agree it's Beatle Juice, Beetlejuice.
Speaker 5: I do agree after seeing some of these trends in the morning, a lot of Jenny Ortega trending, a lot of Michael Keaton.
Speaker 2: Did you see him doing the Hot Ones with himself?
Speaker 6: No, I didn't.
Speaker 2: We had it up on I think three things this week, but he it was a split screen and they obviously you know, recorded it. But he did a Hot Ones as Michael Keaton and Beetlejuice together. It's pretty cool. It was really good. You can go look it up online.
Speaker 5: This is a movie I did watch like a million times when I was younger, so I guess it's pretty exciting.
Speaker 2: It's out on Wednesday next week Wednesday. Francis Ford Coppola has a huge sci fi movie. We're going to be talking about it. It's at the end of September, Megalopolis. It's going to be big. No, I don't think so. It's weird they're talking about September and a ton of TV shows are back Dancing, We Get the Stars, The Voice, America's Got Talent. I feel like the's are on all summer. I feel like these are on already. I feel like they just see them on NonStop.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know that America's Got Talent has a season anymore. It just seems like it's on at all times.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Okay, The Golden Bachelorette is coming back in Sinember. We did the Golden Bachelor. That was the old dude when the old women trying to get after him, they got married, divorced, immediate already divorce, nobody cares. You're ready for the next season of some other failure.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and now like one of his top three finalists who didn't get a rose last year, she's like the gonna be the Golden.
Speaker 6: Vechlore right now. Okay, so she's her turn to fine love.
Speaker 2: This is only the unofficial end of summer. Okay. The first day of fall is not gonna be until Sunday, September twenty second.
Speaker 6: And then it'll be one hundred degree.
Speaker 2: There's an autumn equinox, and people will get nerdy about the specific time and everything when that hits. And then the holidays. Monday is obviously Labor Day. Yeah, there's gonna be a beer Lover's Day. There's gonna be a stand up to cancer Day. That's probably something that will be big. There's gonna be the Friday. There's a Friday, the thirteenth in September, talk like a pirate day. We'll talk about that. There's a coffee day in there.
Speaker 21: But when?
Speaker 2: But when? Because I know this stuff since on shelves, When will we start to see Halloween decorations after this weekend?
Speaker 6: Oh? Like like on people's houses?
Speaker 2: When will you start to see? When will the first house in the heights or wherever? When will they go with their Halloween decorations and the spiders and the spider webs and stuff?
Speaker 6: Next week October first? No, wait before that?
Speaker 4: No, the crew?
Speaker 6: Oh, I thought you asked, when should they put them out?
Speaker 2: When will they?
Speaker 6: Will they for me?
Speaker 13: For me?
Speaker 2: Right after we get past this weekend I start getting amped up for Halloween.
Speaker 6: You're insane.
Speaker 2: I won't. I won't decorate early, but I am thinking about it. It will dominate my thoughts.
Speaker 6: Okay, it will absolutely with you.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 11: Thank you for us Rock and soon the Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 4: I'm six to ten AM.
Speaker 2: Twenty four five. Buzz offspring and the kids aren't all right. Free Beer Friday. We're gonna take care of you. We got another case of beer coming up straight up at nine o'clock and then boom, we give that beer away. Becomes your hour. It's open phones Friday. We talked to you for the whole hour, and then we leave you with the show twentieth anniversary party tickets, and then boom we send you on your way. Okay, don't eat too many weenies, Queen Queen. Fifty percent chances scatter thunderstorms today, highs up around eighty six and a good chance of rain all weekend long. And we're going to be talking about rain all next week as well, Tessa. One final time. Houston's headlines Space.
Speaker 6: So there are some political headlines. I'll get through them.
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 5: Vice President Harris says Donald Trump comments on her identity are tired In an interview that aired yesterday, Harris said Trump's comments about her turning black for political purposes are from the same old, tired playbook. Trump had made that claim last month at the National Association of Black Journalist convention.
Speaker 6: Then over in I Believe, Michigan.
Speaker 5: Yesterday, at a gop rally, Donald Trump says if he's elected president, he'll require health insurance companies or the government to cover in vitro fertilization costs. He also vowed that parents would be able to adapt major newborn expenses from their taxes. All right, this is a very sad story. It happened in Dallas. A police officer is dead and two others are injured. There was a shooting last night. The officers were shot during an exchange of gunfire near a community center around ten pm.
Speaker 6: The outlet says that.
Speaker 5: The suspect was killed after a chase that ended in Whistville, which is a suburb there in Dallas, and one of the injured officers is reportedly in critical condition.
Speaker 6: How would you.
Speaker 5: Rate your hot dog intake this summer? If it's been underwhelming, You're gonna need to step your game up this weekend big time, because we have two hundred and twelve million hot dogs to eat by Tuesday. According to the latest Labor Day statistics, eight hundred and eighteen hot dogs are eating every second form Memorial Day. It's a labor Day, which means over the next three days, we gotta we gotta do numbies.
Speaker 6: I gotta do it.
Speaker 2: What's your dog count this weekend? I'm what are you predicted?
Speaker 5: I Am going to be the Astros game, so I'll get one in there on Saturday and then depends on the grilling situation.
Speaker 2: On Monday, I'll have two dogs this weekend.
Speaker 6: I would try to have two as well.
Speaker 2: I'll have two, you know what, I'll do two then just to match. Okay, Chilio, Oh buy some hot dog, Chilie. Can we count on you for two dogs? Okay? The Rod Ryan Show needs to do two four, six eight dogs this weekend. Pledge two dogs? Oh there you are high.
Speaker 20: Yeah, we're doing it.
Speaker 6: They need to at least oh more than that, but two for sure. Okay, lot Love, We're doing our part.
Speaker 5: If everyone would like to pledge their hot dog allegiance, you can always just make your pledge on our Twitter page. Let's talk about Netflix because there's a new trailer for Joey Chestnut and Kobeyashi's hot dog eating rematch. Speaking of dogs, and these are pretty exciting plans. If you don't have any already set for Labor Day, can you play it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we can play a little bit of it.
Speaker 21: To be the greatest, it takes a hunger, do you understand?
Speaker 2: On September second.
Speaker 22: Watch the greatest competitive eaters go ahead to head for the first time in fifteen years in a rematch where winner takes all shifts, not versus kobay y'all should be unfinished Beef Live.
Speaker 2: Unfinished, be Finished Bee.
Speaker 5: It's gonna happen two pm Our Time, Live from the Luxer in Las Vegas.
Speaker 6: Talk about the system of a down search. Tankyn has been busy.
Speaker 5: He's been getting the ready for the release of five new songs.
Speaker 6: It's an EP that's gonna.
Speaker 5: Be a real least on September twenty seventh. This is a unique guy, so it's a wide range of styles and all presented as hard hitting rock.
Speaker 6: So if you're into that sort of thing.
Speaker 5: Music of a rebellion, as Tankian calls it, is releasing September twenty seventh. Those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 2: Okay, alex Astro's got another win last night. I think Royal six to three. They'll play them again tonight.
Speaker 8: Braan Ravaldez is gonna be in the map for the drill is going up against Kansas City Seth Lugo first pitches at sevent ten. You can listen to that game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. It is week one of the college football season. We got to notable games on the schedule. Tomorrow, George is gonna take on Clemson at eleven o'clock. Texas will play Colorado State at ten thirty. A and M takes on Notre Dame and probably the biggest game of the week, and at six thirty you can watch that one on ABCU of H is also going to host UNLV and Rice is going to take on Sam Houston. Sunday, we got LSU playing USC at six thirty. That game is going to be That game is going to be on ABC. I believe there's a Monday night game too. But you can go check out all the games this weekend on the sportsblog page today, as well as seeing Coloradas Travis Hunter making an insane touchdown catch yesterday when they beat North Dakota State.
Speaker 2: Go check out the sports blog page.
Speaker 11: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative All Day, and the Rock Ryan Morning Show ninety.
Speaker 4: Four five US.
Speaker 1: Bam Friday.
Speaker 9: You got a free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday. You got a free Bam Friday. Free Bam Friday. Right, Bam Friday, Rock Bam Friday. Right here we go, Bam Friday.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Good morning, rod Ryan Show. Who we got?
Speaker 6: How we got?
Speaker 2: GEORGANI, George, how are.
Speaker 6: You all right?
Speaker 2: Where you from? Cypris? Call her number ten? Silly says he got through. Dude, you got the mirror? Alrighty. What a great kickoff Labor Day weekend. It is a great You sound like you might be a guy that has an extra day off, maybe a long weekend.
Speaker 24: Pa.
Speaker 14: Oh, absolutely Monday, baby.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah. It's about eighty percent of our audience right now that has Monday off. And I'm happy about every single one of you guys having that time off. It's important. Ooh yeah, yeah, great.
Speaker 14: Man, awesome, I really appreciate it.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you, George, have an awesome, awesome Labor Day weekend. And that goes for everybody. Okay, we just played Lincoln Park. I hadn't played the clip yet. I don't know. Tessa is going a different direction with this. I think it's too obvious. I think it's too intentional. But you know, every day now we're talking about a Lincoln Park update and we're trying to like, you know, the breadcrumbs and everything else. We're trying to. Everyone's got their magnifying glasses out and trying to figure out what is Lincoln Park doing. We do know this an announcement coming on Wednesday. Lizzie Hale went.
Speaker 25: Out, personal friend went out and did this yesterday on the Instagram.
Speaker 2: And it's just her. It's not a professional setting, it's her.
Speaker 6: It looks like NPR tiny desk kind of.
Speaker 2: I think that's her house.
Speaker 6: Yeah, she obviously reads a lot, little bookcase in the back.
Speaker 2: No way is Lizzie Hale gonna be the lead singer of Lincoln Park.
Speaker 6: Okay, but why would she think in the plot.
Speaker 2: Like that, because just because it's white hot right now, it's not red hot, it's white hot everything dealing with Lincoln Park. For all I know, Mike Shanoda asked her to do this just to throw people off the scent and keep people talking about it. Okay, it's too intentional, it's too obvious. I think the Derek Whibley thing with him making an announcement on Wednesday and then the countdown clock of Lincoln Park ending that was that was not intentional. Okay, Derek Whibley did he say anything today? Does anybody care that he's a bookers.
Speaker 6: He disconfirmed that it's not him. He's the lead singer.
Speaker 5: We're off off him, We're off Derek, We're on Lizzy right now.
Speaker 6: It's great, you're getting stressed.
Speaker 2: They would be lucky to have Lizzie Hale. Okay, anybody would be lucky to have Lizzie Hale. Hailstorm is lucky to have Lizzie Hale. She's one of the greatest voices ever.
Speaker 6: She's just gonna probably just be a guest vocalist for them.
Speaker 2: What about this, Well, she did that with skid Row, so.
Speaker 5: She's gonna do that with them for like five dates and we'll all just shut up.
Speaker 2: I don't think here's this is my prediction. I don't think Lincoln Park took this much time off to put in a part time singer. You take this amount of time off and you full on get back together with somebody singing, and you're a band again. Not just you're a band again when Hailstorm's not busy.
Speaker 6: What if you're a rotate If you're the band again but have rotating leads.
Speaker 2: Nope, can't do that either. You need a full time That's like saying, do you want to just hire a couple of part timers or do you want a full timer? You want a full time person that's going to be there, committed and then maybe maybe if you're.
Speaker 6: Committed to fully bringing the band back. What if they're not.
Speaker 2: But I'm saying if you get a full time singer, that opens it up to not only touring. But if you have a full time singer, now you make an album with that person. You don't make an album with somebody that you're not gonna be able to take out on the road with you all the time.
Speaker 6: Oh no, I don't know. They have hits. They have hits.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the hits.
Speaker 5: They're just going to sing what the people want to hear with the people what people love.
Speaker 2: Well, the guy that they love is no longer around.
Speaker 5: No, no, I'm saying, but there's other popular artists like Lizzie.
Speaker 6: That could go in and do a couple of.
Speaker 2: Shows, yes, And I just don't think they're going to do that. I think they're going to put in somebody that's going to sing for the band, and they're going to move forward as Lincoln Park touring permanently, hopefully recording. Yes, that's my hope, that's my hope. I don't know. I don't know either. I just know that Lizzie Hall is not going to be the singer. I just don't think that's it. But brilliant of her to put that out yesterday. I love her. Open phones for Friday, Open phones for Friday, more like open phones Friday?
Speaker 10: Yay.
Speaker 2: Who wants to hear us? Nobody?
Speaker 13: Not me?
Speaker 2: I'm sick of hearing my voice. Chris, What do you have? Open phones? Welcome in? Good morning, maam, I'm the first one. Awesome you are? You got the first one on open phones Friday today? Talk to me?
Speaker 24: Yeah, Well, just wanted to say, first off twenty year listener.
Speaker 10: Wow, love you guys.
Speaker 2: Listen to you four hours a day? Wow, that's awesome. Yeah, every day.
Speaker 14: On my phone or in my car wherever I'm at.
Speaker 24: If I sleep in, I'll catch up on the podcast so I'd never miss a beat.
Speaker 2: That's amazing. Thank you, Chris, thank you for that so much.
Speaker 24: And No, I wanted to give a shout out to my son, Cohen's thirteen you select baseball team playing their tournament this weekend.
Speaker 14: He was like, call into the Rob Ryan Show, give us a shout out, so.
Speaker 2: I'll get them to listen to the podcast later too.
Speaker 24: But I just wanted to say good luck to them. And I do the radio announce your voice and commentate on the game Changer Wrap every single weekend.
Speaker 2: Oh you're good at that, dude. Okay, so your son's Chris. What's your son's name, Cohen? And the name of the baseball team, the Texas Generals, and they play we'll be playing at.
Speaker 24: Baseball USA, the Triple A team playing this weekend at Baseball USA.
Speaker 14: Right there, if bel wait eight, that's all four o'clock at six o'clock.
Speaker 2: Good luck, guys, Thank you, Chris, great job on that first phone call.
Speaker 6: Charlie is next up on open Phones.
Speaker 13: Hi, Charlie, Hey, thank you so much for taking my call. I discovered you guys on YouTube about an hour or so ago.
Speaker 6: Welcome.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, I just got done. This guy just said he's been listening for twenty years. Charlie, you've been listening for an hour.
Speaker 13: Well, no, I went to YouTube. I just pressed the live button. Then you guys popped up on my algorithm, and I've bet I was like, listen to you guys, like I like these guys.
Speaker 6: They're funny.
Speaker 2: Have you never heard us before? I mean, this is you found us today?
Speaker 13: Well, no, I like to say, I just went to YouTube and I just typed in live shows, Like fifty sixty shows popped up. You guys were like the top five.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 13: I just listened to your show, like, hey, these cares are funny. I like them.
Speaker 2: Was that today? Yeah, what I'm being I'm being very specific.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 2: Had you never ever listened to the show before today?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 13: No, no, I just like when I'm.
Speaker 2: Okay, Rod, Charlie's telling you everything you need to know. Where are you from, Charlie, I live in all Indiana.
Speaker 13: Yeah, yeah, don't say it like it's a horrible place, Indiana.
Speaker 2: Let me see geography.
Speaker 6: Boss.
Speaker 2: Well, listen, Charlie number one, Welcome in, Welcome to the family. Hang out with us for a while, Charlie, I would love to have you on board. And I know you've only been listening for one hour.
Speaker 6: Now I'm worried.
Speaker 2: I don't even think it was like the best hour that I've ever had. Charlie, are you gonna keep listening? Check in with us next week? I want to see what your impression is, because maybe he heard one thing, maybe somebody said something funny. I mean, I'm sure Chili was great.
Speaker 6: Do you hate anybody yet on the show?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 13: Can I can I say this?
Speaker 2: Yeah? You can say anything you want.
Speaker 13: So I rot you shood like a brilliant broadcaster. I don't know who you are, so hold, I'm going to get to know you, guys, Tessa, Alex, Chile, Chili. I'm gonna be honest with you. You scare me. I'm kind of terrified with people.
Speaker 2: I'm fool because he's because he's watching them on YouTube. Chili is scary. He's he's a pussy cat. Okay, he is a pussy No, no, I mean okay.
Speaker 13: He seems like a gentle giant with that. Can I can I leave you guys with this and hopefully I can call you guys back in the future.
Speaker 2: Yes, please, hands down.
Speaker 13: This might be the most.
Speaker 2: What did we just get trolled? I don't know or was he being was that how you comm goofy?
Speaker 6: Maybe I don't know.
Speaker 2: All right, well I don't well listen, we dumped out of that, all right, so maybe it was new. I don't know. Maybe we got trouble. I do need to take a break though. All right, it's a chance for you to win one thousand dollars and a trip to the iHeartRadio Music Festival. Good luck, and that's another line, open the bus, Good morning rod Ryan's Show. We're gonna get back to your calls. We'll get back to all your calls. I got a full bank of phone calls, people trying to get through for open phones Friday, so that's great. I don't know what was up with that wing up from Indiana. If he was being if he's still being complimentary, then I'm sorry to hang up on you. He used some language that we were not comfortable having on the on the air, but we dumped out of the last call we had. Hopefully it didn't dump back. Hopefully we kept the part where he said I was a brilliant broadcaster. Do you think that made the cut? Alex, Sir? Did it back up? That it got rid of that. You think the guy you gotta damn it. Okay, way to go, all right, let's go Alex online. It's Alex Online ninety four five. The muss Alex thinks the guy was being complementary towards it. I no, I think I think he was trying to get us on something. That's all right, what do you got today?
Speaker 8: Today's ay, well, is pretty simple and kind of mindless. It's called Sun verse Moon and you're picking sides today.
Speaker 6: We're picking Sun or we seem Moon.
Speaker 2: I'm team sign Sun.
Speaker 6: So all you do I'm a Sun guy, is you pick a side.
Speaker 8: You go to today's aol and then you just click Sun or Moon and everybody that is also doing this in real time, like you can see it moving. So the screen is half white and half black. Moon is black, Sun is white, and it just moves further to one side of the screen.
Speaker 6: So right now Sun is winning. Go Moon go.
Speaker 2: Moon is making a comeback.
Speaker 6: Right now now, Moon's got the lead.
Speaker 8: I'm trying to get Sun back, but you just basically I'm just clicking a button right now.
Speaker 6: I mean, I gotta get over there now.
Speaker 2: Obviously I had a choice. I have a son tattoo.
Speaker 8: I gotta go sign, so you gotta go sign. So get over there, start helping the sun get some points. Okay, the world famous ride ride show pages buzz dot com.
Speaker 4: Moon, You're in luck.
Speaker 2: It's open phones Friday. All right, let's go here. I'll say hi to c W this morning. Brother, Good morning, Good morning, c W. When you got to share with us today?
Speaker 26: Well, man, my wife was diagnosed with cancer back in January, and these past eight months she's had six rounds of chemo, a lumpectomy, and weeks of radiation. This past Wednesday, she rang the bell and she's cancer free.
Speaker 2: Come on, I'm gonna ring my bell. I'm gonna ring my bell over here.
Speaker 6: So happy, dude.
Speaker 2: It's the best news ever.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 26: Sorry, I'm still I'm still kind of in the course, but yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm getting emotional over here. Cew myself. I'm not lying where again, I'm not putting one against another. But where did she go and get treatment? I mean, shout him out, say it again.
Speaker 26: You know, M d Anderson, shout out to you. Her on college's team, her patient advocate, the whole team was just great that the treatment was perfect and we're great now.
Speaker 2: So awesome than thank you for sharing. Hey, if you got a bell ringing video that you want to share, I'd love to put that out there. I would love those bell ringing videos. Oh they get me every time. So we go from that to Josh Tree. How are you gonna follow that?
Speaker 7: Oh man, that's hard to follow.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 7: Congratulations, congratulations to her.
Speaker 2: That's awesome, It really is awesome. Now how are you going to ruin this moment?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Man? Man?
Speaker 7: I had a Robert Feline for y'all. I don't know if Alex has really explained whether Robert Feeline.
Speaker 10: Is not yet.
Speaker 2: I know it's something on the Gravy Gang that they got going on.
Speaker 8: So Robert Feline Bobcat is code for Robert Feeline, gotcha.
Speaker 2: So basically it's just a code name for another word.
Speaker 7: Okay, yeah, buddy, Yeah exactly. And it's usually always a person, so this one's gonna be kind of easy, kind of doing it for ride. Yeah, it is a musician and it's taken Watermelons Smasher.
Speaker 2: Taking Watermelon Smasher?
Speaker 6: Watermelon Smasher?
Speaker 13: Is it.
Speaker 6: Liam Gallagher from Oasis?
Speaker 22: Dude Gallagher?
Speaker 6: Okay, Liam Mason taking?
Speaker 8: You're good listener past Gavy for more fremusters than that.
Speaker 2: Those are those are tough. You were doing some of those with me off air. Those are really hard. Thank you, Josh Tree. You have a great weekend. Anybody I heard that millionaire that we just talked to has Monday off too.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, it's a lot of time.
Speaker 2: It's the biggest ball breaker of us having days off. Listener Alex is next up on open Phones.
Speaker 6: Hi Alex, what's up?
Speaker 2: What's up dude? What you got for us today?
Speaker 15: So?
Speaker 23: Uh, the band just dropped an album a few months, about a month and a half ago, and uh, this is my chance.
Speaker 2: I got rained out and I was like, oh, it's perfect time. Okay, your band you're gonna talk about Yeah.
Speaker 23: Our band just it's called Uppercut and the album name is lights Out and you could search it on anything, YouTube, Spotify, iTunes, all the good stuff.
Speaker 2: So this is a brand new recording. Have you ever I'm just curious, Alex, have you ever in the year's past, because I think we're three years in now, have you ever submitted to hometown for the holidays or anything like that.
Speaker 23: No, well, we're kind of a newer band. Okay, So we've only been around for like two years, this band, and no, we haven't done any of that yet, but I love the band. It's like Downfall twenty twelve. Shout out to them.
Speaker 2: I was in that band previous. Well, okay, he did he played cow bell one song.
Speaker 15: Unofficial.
Speaker 2: Well listen when you get it done and everything. If you can shoot me something so I can go take a listen to it, Alex, I'd love to. I'd love to hear it. Oh yeah, I could shoot you a link probably when I get home.
Speaker 6: What do you do be off here?
Speaker 2: What is your role in the band?
Speaker 9: I was?
Speaker 7: I'm singer.
Speaker 2: Oh oh, you get all the chicks, ladies man over here. God, all right, I'm done. Singer walks in with his mic stand and just like here's me. I'm muling all my drums in there, I'm setting everything up. I'm yeah working, I'm already sweating before the gig starts. And then the pretty singer shows up, puts his mic stand down and says, okay, what are you Chris? Are you not ready yet? And everybody who has been hauling gear and everything else get out of here. Alex, all right, send me your stuff. I want to hear it. You always the singers don't get their balls busted enough. That's the problem. Torrance. You're you're you're up next on open phones? Hi, Torrance, hey r, what's going on? Buddy? What's up with you?
Speaker 7: Dude?
Speaker 2: It's your I mean, it's your call. It's your floor. Man. You got open phones right now?
Speaker 27: Yes, sir. Hey, Look, I was sitting here wanting to call and make an apology to Tessa. Happened to be a first time winner on Hope Well know the show I won the bush Jerry Cantrell candlebox tickets on uh the Chili Dog Day. Well, at the into the winning I called her Teresa instead of Tessa.
Speaker 6: How dare you?
Speaker 5: Honestly, that's the first time it happened. It never happens. Everyone doesn't do that already. So I'm glad you called the personally apologized. I answer to it, and people thought that was what my name was short for growing up, so it.
Speaker 6: Doesn't bother me. In the slightest.
Speaker 5: I thought it was actually very funny to know that there was a Teresa that already worked here. I was like, oh, this is going to be great.
Speaker 27: Yeah, Well, I heard you say something about it and I was like, oh.
Speaker 2: No, I didn't do that. Well, please please tell Torreans it's okay and he can go back. He can get some sleep now, because please restless nights shout out?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 6: What did they call you?
Speaker 2: A good morning?
Speaker 14: Heath?
Speaker 2: What's up? Brother? What's up?
Speaker 4: Dude?
Speaker 2: You're on open phones?
Speaker 17: Man?
Speaker 2: What you got for us?
Speaker 10: Hey? Man?
Speaker 2: Just come give a wedding shout out to my buddy Lucas and assumed to be wife till they're getting married on Sunday, a Sunday wedding. Oh because Monday.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I mean ye off on Monday, so it works.
Speaker 2: That's cool. Are you in the wedding? Yes?
Speaker 14: Yeah, I am Grimson Cools.
Speaker 6: What's up?
Speaker 14: All right?
Speaker 2: Brouh?
Speaker 23: I actually I called you guys last Friday for that falling in reverse song.
Speaker 2: All my Life with Jelly Roll. Yeah, you're right, you see, you know what? You're right? It is a good song. It is a really I went back and I listened to it again. So I don't know how he's going crazy? Is he gonna do it to play it? Obviously Jelly Roll is not there tonight, But is there a way in your brain that he can? He can do that song tonight. Still I think he has to Yeah, you got yeah, he'll just he'll just do both parts. But they he has to do that song tonight. All right, Heath, Well, I'll tell you what. Number one, have a good time at the wedding. Number two, you're a really really good friend to shout out for your buddy on a radio show and wishing them the best. They got the right groomsman there, and I got another line open at seven one three, two two five nine four five. It's open.
Speaker 17: It was Friday right right, show celebrating twenty years ninety four.
Speaker 2: The bus, poor fun, the buzz, that's fall out boy and light them up boys, Rod Ryan Show, come on, running out of time here, it's phones Friday, all right, I'm getting everybody on. I'm getting everybody on here. I'm gonna go quickly, get your thoughts together. Open phones Friday, Jim, thanks for holding good morning. Oh Chili finally puts me through. Well, now that's on me, Chili, Chili sent you through. It just took me a while to get to you, but thanks for holding. No.
Speaker 13: No, I've been calling all year, trying to get on fresh out of bed, head to head. Oh you're right trying to call all week for Falling in Reverse tickets and I just I can't get through.
Speaker 26: I get through an open phone, Jim, get.
Speaker 2: Through again, Jim? Did you send me a couple of emails today? Have you listening to it?
Speaker 1: I did.
Speaker 2: Old Jim's the old school shop radio guy. And then he went out of his way to say, and look at this when I'm not listening to you, I'm old school Falling in Reverse CD guy. Okay, So Jim sends me this email earlier with these pictures and it's very funny. And then I put Chili on it, and I said, Chili, why do you hate Jim? So I didn't see you respond to the email, So why don't you just respond right now? Why do you hate Jim so much? Because he lies? What did he lie about? He likes to show?
Speaker 6: He put him through and I put him through.
Speaker 2: Put me through. Now.
Speaker 7: I'll be at the show tonight, even though I can't win tickets from you guys, I will be at that show tonight.
Speaker 2: Okay, bro, listen, I really do. I hope to see you out there. Jim. If you see me, please come and say hello. I know there'll be a lot of us out there. Jordan Welch and the machine's been holding. Good morning, sir, Hey everyone.
Speaker 14: I'm sorry I haven't been, you know, active on anything. We've just been taking a break from socials and all that stuff.
Speaker 16: But it's good to talk to you all again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, every day. Where the hell is Jordan?
Speaker 6: I can't sleep?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Is this guy? Did he leave us? Is he upset? Okay, you're back on, dude, What what do you got? What's your take?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 16: A lot going on, that's just you know, but I was gonna say, I'm excited for college football this weekend. Yes, LS is playing Sunday, Go Tigers and everyone else, you know, good luck to their teams and everything.
Speaker 2: That's I like it more than the NFL if you ask me. Really, there you going, Jordan Welch in the machine. Thank you, brother. Good to have you back on. Caban. You're next up on Open Phones.
Speaker 15: Good morning, Joe, Good morning, brother Rod.
Speaker 7: What's up?
Speaker 2: Brother Caban? You talk to me? It's your time. This is Open Phones, man, it's all about you.
Speaker 15: Awesome man. Well, we'll probably not fly in this weekend. If y'all remember me from Monday. It's a little rainy out there. But I really wanted to give a shout out to my buoys over in Faytown working at the Chevron plant. They're gonna love to hear it. I wanted to give them some recognition, saying to the guys in Pasadena, yep, the travel team, what's up.
Speaker 2: Guys, you're the helicopter guy from this week.
Speaker 15: Yes, sir, that's correct.
Speaker 2: I remember I had more people because I talked to you about the time that I was on the helicopter and the most important piece of technology, and that helicopter was like a piece of tape in a hunk of yarn.
Speaker 6: Casually mentioned that.
Speaker 5: He flew helicopters like that wasn't why he called he like he dropped it on the slide kind.
Speaker 2: Of he dropped it. It's like, we'll see if anybody finds this cool or not, you know, helicopters on the weekend, Caven. Good to have you on, Bro, Thank you hav an awesome weekend. Are you off on Monday, Yes, sir, I am good stuff all right, my brother, Thank you, Bobby, Bobby Birchfield, what's.
Speaker 7: Rod?
Speaker 2: What's up? Bobby? Talk to me, man, this is your time. It's open phones. Well, you know he's gonna win and Wednesday.
Speaker 14: All you talk to the man right now.
Speaker 6: Is this?
Speaker 2: This is Bobby who is? This is Bobby who has been in the suburb summer Sissler.
Speaker 1: He is.
Speaker 2: He has not guessed one thing right, he has not said his name. He's just let people crumble. Nobody is tripping their way up the ladder like Bobby is. And he is playing. He's playing on Tuesday. If he wins that game, testa, he plays for five thousand dollars on Wednesday.
Speaker 6: I've done, I've seen I thought I had seen and heard it all.
Speaker 2: Bobby, you have sliding in these brackets, just sliding.
Speaker 8: Are you worried about having to go back to back like I mean back to back games?
Speaker 6: You're the only this will be the only matchup that had to do that.
Speaker 2: My money's on you, Bobby. I'm telling you. It's weird because the way it is, the guy's not gonna get one song, right, He's gonna walk away with five grand, that's the dream. He's already got two hundred and fifty dollars cash and he's got tickets to the anniversary show for doing nothing.
Speaker 6: Is he psyching out his opponents?
Speaker 4: Is that what's going on?
Speaker 6: I don't know either.
Speaker 2: It's like Hannibal Lecters just kidding. All right, Bobby, you have a great weekend. I can't wait to have you on Tuesday's game is absolutely must listen to Radio one. More over here, Joseph, you're next up. What do you got for open phones?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 15: The faith Instagram.
Speaker 6: Feature, the AI features? You tell me.
Speaker 15: I went to go look at it and I that's the most fake.
Speaker 7: You guys got trolled so hard.
Speaker 2: What the heck are you thinking?
Speaker 5: People are submitting those there's Our listeners are like, dude, you gotta check all this chick.
Speaker 6: She's so hot, and then they send us that.
Speaker 2: So are you talking about something? Are you talking about something that was already on this week? Are you talking about today's Fanny Friday?
Speaker 13: No, it was like Wednesday, Okay.
Speaker 15: I think it was like the horse rider. You're right, okay, and that okay floats.
Speaker 13: She's riding the horse. There's no way.
Speaker 2: She's real, Joseph. That was the specific picture when Tessa was struggling whether it was AI or not. When I saw that picture of her riding a horse, I said that head is no, No, AI is not there yet.
Speaker 15: Yeah, no, no way.
Speaker 6: No, her body though, Yo, her body, that's.
Speaker 23: Not a real body, that AI body bro ayibody.
Speaker 13: Hey, that's that's all fake.
Speaker 15: I mean, that's all fake though.
Speaker 2: It's ridiculous.
Speaker 13: Don't do that again.
Speaker 6: It's like AI, Hey, I would I.
Speaker 2: Think that guy from Indiana today might have been AI called I hope so, Joseph, thank you man, have a great weekend. That AI chick out a ton of hits. I'll say, all right, what do you giving away? I know the show? Thank you guys for all the calls. You're awesome.
Speaker 6: I got so I don't know if anyone wants to use like we could just play a game or do something fun.
Speaker 5: It's a pair of passes to the Rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party.
Speaker 6: Do you still want to do this? You just want to give these away?
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's do this on the game of know the show. Okay, so you have to come up with a question on the flip of this break. We will ask that question of you, and then that's what we're going to leave you with as we send you off into the long weekend. All right, No, the show coming up for anniversary tickets.
Speaker 6: Rock and Alternative Very used to the rod Ryan.
Speaker 4: Marning Show six to ten Am.
Speaker 2: The Buzz ninety four five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show, wrapping up Free Beer Friday, wrapping up Fanny Friday, wrapping up Open Phone Friday. Only one thing left to do, guys.
Speaker 13: La la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la.
Speaker 2: La la la la la la for know the Show, and we left the biggest ticket for last Well, I mean, this is what Chile strategically put them pair of passes to The rod Ryan Show twenty Anniversary Party October twelve, Carbock Brewery performances from Shine Down Blue October Sublime, Theory of the dead Man, The X Season more. It says, can't by passes. Gotta win your way in Buzz dot com for more info when your way in right now, Know the Show, Tessa, what's your question?
Speaker 5: What did each member of The rod Ryan Show pledge to do over this Labor Day weekend?
Speaker 2: Seven?
Speaker 6: One three, two, one two five nine five.
Speaker 20: Well, you no longer have to worry about having a fun summer because it's Labor Day.
Speaker 10: It's over.
Speaker 4: Rod Ryan Show Morning.
Speaker 2: Nine four or five The Buzz Rise Against rod Ryan Show, Getting Ready to turn you loose for a long labor day weekend. There is rain on tap, but you know what, I don't know, it's not doing anything for my mood. I'm in such a good mood. I'm so pumped about the weekend, and I know I'm going to see a lot of you out there tonight at the Woodlands for that Falling in Reverse show. So fifty chances of scattered thunderstorms today, forty fifty rain all weekend. Okay, guys, that's it. Not like all day every day, but there's a good chance of rain each and every day. Morning showers, afternoon showers. So each and every day's gonna change. I'm going to pretend like I know what I'm talking about. We've got a big ticket here to give away. Let's wrap this thing up, peas now, time for I know this show on ninety four to five The but L Good Morning rod Ryan Show. Hello, Hello, who's this Hi?
Speaker 10: This is Julian.
Speaker 2: Jillian, Welcome in on the show. Dude, big ticket here, big.
Speaker 6: Ticket, Jillian oh.
Speaker 2: Man, I hope you know what you're talking about. Here we go, Tessa, what's your question?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 5: Can you tell me what each member of the rod Ryan show pledged to do.
Speaker 7: Thanks, you're gonna.
Speaker 14: Needt a couple of hot dogs.
Speaker 7: You other three guys and me.
Speaker 15: Are gonna shout down at least two glizzies this weekend.
Speaker 2: Bro, Bro, We're gonna see you at the Rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary party. Man, you're in that number. It's the hottest ticket in town. It's October twelve, Carbock Brewery. Julian, you're in. I'm so happy for you. I am.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 13: Thank you guys, Thank you label lad, thank you guys.
Speaker 2: All right, Julian, have the best weekend.
Speaker 4: Dude.
Speaker 2: I know you will. I know you will. That's so great.
Speaker 28: I could have used a little more cow bell. You're gonna want that cow bell. I gotta have more cow bell, David, I got a fever and the only prescription it's more cow bell.
Speaker 1: That's that man.
Speaker 2: I wanted to share with you. And then you're like, rock just go home already. I will, We'll go home. But I wanted to share with you. I got a lot of really great emails, and obviously we had to talk to a lot of people. This was just I like this one. Okay, it was Nurse d she's out on her motorcycle today. She's going out on a motorcycle trip. So she's got us playing on, she's got tunes on. She got a big motor so like big Harley, right, so she's got the buzz blarin. She's listening to the rod Ryan Show. Okay, okay. So I'm on the bike seven fifteen. I'm sitting at a light and I'm jumping around with you guys, enjoying your Friday new traditional song. Car pulls up next to me, unrolls his window. He also was jumping around inside his car. No idea who he was. We were southbound on I forty six in Baytown, but we had a moment together. What an awesome way to start another two wheeled adventure. So she's she we're playing our song. We're playing jump around.
Speaker 6: Yeah, our Friday and night.
Speaker 2: The guy rolls down the window and goes me too that moment, windows like, I'm listening to the rod Ryan Show too.
Speaker 6: I love that do this on Friday mornings. People.
Speaker 2: That makes me so happy. When I see an email like that. People say that they're laughing in the car and they see the guy next to them with the girl. Most of them laughing and they look at each other like, yep, we're listening to the same thing here. That's oh my god. I love you guys. Right, be careful, Nurse Tea, keep it on the two wheels. Cody continued his heater this morning. He beat Matt two questions to answers. I don't think he's going to be bothered at all by this long weekend. I think he's gonna I think he's gonna come back on Tuesday and just completely wreck shop as he's been doing each and every day. Thank you, Specs for the beers today. Thank you for all the open phones callers. Even that wing up from Indiana.
Speaker 4: Was it real?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Yeah, nobody seems to know. He didn't follow up with an email or anything. So I'm gonna say thank you to all the open phones callers because you know what, that's what makes the gumbo taste so good. Okay, it's all the ingredients, right, Fanny Friday. It says congrats on not being AI. Are you confirming that it's not a congratulation all right? So if you're traveling, be safe. I hope your flights are on time and your luggage gets there and all of that stuff. If you're out there on the roads and it's rainy. Please please be careful. Okay, Now, the golf tournament did sell out. Got word on that yesterday. I was super happy about that. But I still need sponsors and volunteers and auction items. Okay. Rod Ryan Show replay will happen tomorrow. We got two hours Tuesday Dayton takes on clear Lake, and we know that that will set us up for Wednesday's last suburb Summer Sissler of the season. Wow, it has been fun, It has been awesome, all right. Big Jeremy Benson's got the NonStop nooner. He's got more rod Ryan Show twentieth anniversary passes. Alex put up a new past the Gravy this week, so check that out on links and guests, stay social. Send us your Glizzi picks. Of course we'll take Glizzie picks all weekend long. All right, tests on Houston Life at one o'clock, I have six picks from the week.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: You got a lot of time, buddy, so they better be good.
Speaker 2: When Rudd's got a holiday weekend, better be good.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, everyone else, don't forget to submit them on Tuesday too.
Speaker 7: Stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everybody likes to see the pictures and it's my week.
Speaker 6: You don't even need me. You've forgotten more than anybody else in the show.
Speaker 2: Ashley with and I will send in her picture movie fun six not five. All Right, that's it. We gotta go, man, have an awesome long weekend. Everybody a m f.
Speaker 9: Under.
Speaker 4: Well, wasn't that fun?
Speaker 2: If you missed any of the show today, All the Good Stuff will be podcast. Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com.