Speaker 1: You know, there's an old saying, when someone shows you who they are, believe them. So if you judge a person by how they act and you see their priorities, what does that say about the United States of America? What are our priorities telling our allies?
Speaker 2: Uncensored, unfiltered, un hinged.
Speaker 3: It's the Cuell Cast. Listen daily on your favorite streaming service.
Speaker 1: It is the Crell Cast. I am Carell Happy Thursday, July or July. Genda Rushlings Truck January twenty third, So very glad you are joining me.
Speaker 4: You know, I got to thinking today about priorities.
Speaker 1: Uh and you can tell what matters to me by listening to my show, and so many of you do. And I thank all of you, all of my patrons at Patreon dot com, Forward slash Really, Carrell at YouTube YouTube dot com, Forward slash Really, Correl and Babetta, who is always in the chat room. I just realized you're David and Toby's Babetta, that you've been in my world for like twenty five years, and I didn't know that was you. Uh, So, Hi Babbeta, Hi Darling. I talked to David this morning on My word does Babeta live. He says, Temple City. I said, wait a minute, is that her in my chat room?
Speaker 4: He's like, yeah, she listens to your shama. Well good lord.
Speaker 1: They're off for a four day cruise my friends, and they may be cruising in the Gulf of America.
Speaker 4: Oh how nauseating? Is that? All right?
Speaker 1: So what's on my mind is priorities and the message your priorities, my priorities, and America's priorities send.
Speaker 4: What message does it send? You know?
Speaker 1: What do people think is important to you? What do people think is important to me? What do people think is important to America or Americans?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 1: Granted, only twenty four percent of the people voted for Donald Trump, and yet those priorities are going to be what defines us in the future for the next four years, and so what are those We're going to talk about that. But from the David Hall school of broadcasting, you got to talk about what's on your mind or it's a fake show. You know, we gay people are fabulous, And one of the fabulous things we gay people do is form extended families. We're very very good at it because for many of us, our original family, our mother, father, sister, brothers as uncles may not be as welcoming to us because we're gay by trans and so we form family of like minded individuals. Gays do this every day in every community across the globe, and more so than straight people.
Speaker 4: And I know you're going to say that's not true, but it is true.
Speaker 1: I have the stats and the life experience to back that up, so I am not immune to that. And I'm sure many of you have an extended family of friends. They're your you know, your friends giving you're especially if you're gay. Uh. And I know some of you don't like that I speak in generalizations. A lot of white men got angry at my show yesterday, did you know, saying how white men basically have messed everything up and continue to mess everything up. And they're like, well, I'm a white man and I don't want to be grouped with them too bad. You know, you, if you are white, you do experience white privilege. Whether you know it or not, you do.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: But anyway, so I've.
Speaker 1: Had the the luck to have at one time a large extended family of LGBTQ friends, and in the eighties and in the nineties, two members of that family were Bert Critchfield and John Gilzell just they weren't lovers or anything, but they were just big members of the family. I met Bert the same night I met Andrew in nineteen eighty eight. He walked up to me at the frat house and asked me if I knew the name of Genie's sister from my dream of Genie, and I said, all Genies are named Genie, so her sister's name is Genie. And he said, how did you know that? I said, I know everything. So we became fast friends. In fact, he was very handsome and I very easily could have dated him instead of Andrew. So Bert stayed in my life. Was a creative force in my life. I took him to plays, we went lots of places. He was the most creative artist I ever met, in terms of he could do like prosthetics, make creatures. He was something. He should have worked in Hollywood. But Bert never found his way. He just wasn't right for this world. He was childlike and he just never found his way. So yesterday I get a call from David Ethridge, who dated Bert.
Speaker 4: I introduced them.
Speaker 1: And doesn't date him now, of course, but dated him back in the day and he said, Burt Cridgefield has died, and I was I was stunned. I was in the middle of a four hundred dollars drama, trying to pay a mixer to mix do you want to funk? Wondering where I'm going to get the money, and bam, I get the news about Burt. And it really struck me because so much of my extended family from the eighties nineties are dying. It almost feels like AIDS again, where a friend died every week. So I was in that grief and I decided to text Dennis Cope, who I haven't spoken to in months and well years. I haven't spoken to him, but I've texted him about last year, I guess, and that he was good friends with Bert, as were all my friends. And I told him about Bert and he of course was upset about it. But then he said, did you hear about John Gildso And I'm like no, And he died and so here I thought the day couldn't get worse and then bam, I find out another friend has died. So last night and today I am not in a good psychological place because two of this big key players in my past have died, and it symbolizes the loss of youth, the loss of that, the loss of that family.
Speaker 4: A lot of symbolism.
Speaker 1: But it also made me grateful that, somehow, some way, at sixty two years of age, through the AIDS crisis, through Bert died of cirrhosis, which made me just as mad as Daniel Charleston dying of ketamine, and through all of that, through drug usage, through opiates galore, somehow I'm still here. Yes, I'm very worried about the tremor in my hands. Yes, my toes right now are doing this, all of them, which is new. But I'm still grateful to be here because if you ask Bert or John, you know, would you be me right now with my tremors, they'd be like, but you're still alive, right, yes, okay, I'll be you. So I was very grateful, and it did make me start thinking about priorities, because it's I could die at any time. I'm sixty two, I'm aging, and while that's still considered young, my friends are dropping around me. Three in the last year, Daniel Charleston, John guildso now Bert and So I started thinking about priorities and how they reflect Even after you're gone. How they reflect what you stood for and who you were? And so I awoke thinking about this administration and how statements were made yesterday that DEI is illegal and immoral, that they want other government employees to report people who are promoting DEI.
Speaker 4: That's like the Nazis.
Speaker 1: But more importantly, I thought about all the troubles in the United States right now, for not just liberals, but for MAGA, for everybody. I thought of all the troubles, and I thought, is this our priority? Like first thing out the box, the priority is to discriminate against Americans, to make a point that we're anti day and anti trance. Is that an American priority?
Speaker 4: And so I want to talk about American priorities when we come back and what they reflect about us as a.
Speaker 1: People want to support the Corell cast, then like and subscribe the YouTube videos at the really Corel channel. Just go to YouTube dot com forward slash really Correll, that's Kril and subscribe to the most exciting YouTube stream available today.
Speaker 3: If you're not visiting really corell dot com daily, you're missing out. Get the podcast videos and the blug including recipes at reallycorrel dot com.
Speaker 1: All right, you know, before we move forward about the priorities. I love to interact with listeners and chatters, and Ray Vernadi's in the chat room and he's one of the ones who got angry about me saying, you know, white men basically are the root of all of our problems. And he keeps saying I wasn't angry, I just don't think it's accurate. Well, then, please explain to me in modern history, who is responsible for all the messes that we've been in. Because has there been a black president other than Obama?
Speaker 4: Nope? Has there been a female president other than who? Nobody? So No, the United States has been run by rich white men. Look at Europe. Yes, there's been a few female leaders.
Speaker 1: Margaret Thatcher in Britain, Ireland had a female Teaesack, both of them white, by the way.
Speaker 4: But other than that, who has run Britain?
Speaker 1: The Queen was not running Britain Parliament and the prime Minister does.
Speaker 4: And what are they? White men? Go back through history, King, Charles King, James King, this King that what are they? White men who oversaw slavery in America, white men.
Speaker 1: Who constructed the banking system and the financial systems that keep others out white men who are in charge of the justice system that penalizes unfairly minorities, gays, blacks.
Speaker 4: White men.
Speaker 1: So I know you don't think it's accurate that white men are the reason we are in this mess today, But explain to me.
Speaker 4: If they're not, then who is.
Speaker 1: Who's the largest voting block in the United States of America? White men. Women couldn't even vote until the twentieth century. So explain to me. If it's not rich white men that have completely messed up society, then who is it.
Speaker 4: So you can get angry and you can.
Speaker 1: Say it's not accurate, But then tell me then, which minorities have messed up America?
Speaker 4: Which ones?
Speaker 1: Which black people have led to the downfall of America, Which brown people have led to the downfall of America? Which women have led to the downfall of America?
Speaker 4: White?
Speaker 1: You know what women? What black women led the UK? Any country in the UK? What about Russia? So this notion that rich white men have not been the root of most of our problems, I'm sorry if you don't like it. If you don't like it, prove me wrong. Tell me what black people, brown people, gay people, women have messed up our society. List their names, tell me what they did, enlighten me. Look, I'm a white man. I take the responsibility. I admit men that look like me have messed up society forever, and that I, even though I am gay, have benefited from white privilege. Now, if you can't even acknowledge that, then you're not paying attention.
Speaker 4: To the problems.
Speaker 1: Although Trump is orange, So there's that. And let's go back to priorities. Today, there was a world form and our leader was a mess, a rambling mess, vilifying the UK, telling the Saudis he's going to make them lower the price of oil, like he'll make them do it, threatening war, all this other stuff. But what he's doing back home right now is making DEI this huge target. And so when other countries look at America, what do you think they think our priorities are?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: How do you feel that we are viewed as a culture in the world. First of all patriarchal, anti woman, second, white Christian majority, Third, anti gay, anti trans, anti buy, anti lesbian, everything but anti Maine. Fourth, no concern for the environment whatsoever, No concern learn at all for the environment. Fifth, unwilling to stop massacres because of our love of guns. So we're a gun loving white Christian, anti woman, anti minority nation. That's what the world thinks of our priorities based on our actions. And you can say, oh, no, Corel, it's only the actions of twenty four percent, But guess what they represent us now to the world. That's who we are. Is that who you want to be? Is that the image that you want to present to the world. It's not the image I want to present. I don't want the world to think that we're anti women, that were anti minority, that we're against gays, lesbians, trans that we don't support people of color. We are now anti immigrant. I don't believe that's a good place, that's a good reputation to have immigrants keep our economy going.
Speaker 4: So what are American values?
Speaker 1: I keep hearing this talk of going back to American values? What are the American values that everybody seems to think we need to get back to.
Speaker 4: Because it appears to the rest of.
Speaker 1: The world and to me, that the American values that we cherish most are bigotry, hatred, misogyny, Christian nationalism. These appear to be the priorities, the values of Americans. We appear to not value our children because a we won't let women make their own health care decisions and be once they're out of the womb, we don't care if they get shot. What are American values? I would love to hear your comments down below. What are the American values that everybody seems to think we need to fight for when they talk about the American way, truth, justice, and the American way. What is the American way in twenty twenty five. I would love to hear your thoughts on what the American way is in twenty twenty five, because for me, it's to be more fabulous. If I'm going to go out and it appears I am. If I'm going to go out God knows when, then I need it to be.
Speaker 4: On my terms. I need to be fabulous, you know.
Speaker 1: And I don't want this representation that's going to the world to be how they think of me. I mean, there's not much we can do. We can exemplify the opposite. We can be inclusive, we can be caring, we can be loving, we can be kind, we can be funny, we can be you know, we can act differently and try to promote the image of a caring American of a loving American, of an inclusive American. But I don't think that message is going to get out I think for the next four years. And actually I think through a majority of history, we've been seen as an imperialistic, misogynistic, patriarchal, gun toting, Jesus loving.
Speaker 4: You know, frontier. Are those the values? Is that? Are those American values? What are American values? Because we keeps hearing about them every day every day and now we've seen it ei, you know, nemoral, illegal, What are values? Hey?
Speaker 1: Carell here, and I'd like to take a moment to thank all the patrons at Patreon. Your support means the absolute world to me and the show. If you'd like to show your support for the crazy endeavors of the Corel Cast, then please go to patreon dot com forward slash really Corel. That's patreon dot com forward slash, really Corell, And please help get those numbers up by subscribing to the YouTube channel YouTube dot com forward slash really Correl.
Speaker 4: There's so much great free.
Speaker 1: Content there, it's like having a network on your TV, phone or tablet. All social media is really Corel, including threads and Instagram. And don't forget the website that's had it all all along, really Correl dot com. Without your support, the show simply doesn't work. So please listen on all streaming services, watch and subscribe on YouTube, and so support the show to Patreon at Patreon dot com.
Speaker 4: Forward slash really Correl, Thanks for almost.
Speaker 1: Thirty years of support for the loudest, craziest, most unhinged gay guy and his little dog. And let's keep the party going as long as we can. You know, I hear the word freedom, and I'm seeing the word freedom in the chatroom at YouTube dot com. Forward slash really Carrel that freedom is an American value. Who in this country accept rich white men have ever been free? And I mean that that is an honest question. Who in America has ever been free? Accept rich white men? Have Blacks ever truly been free?
Speaker 4: Ever?
Speaker 1: No have Days, no Chinese, no Irish, no women? No Who has ever really been free in America? Except rich white men? Who's free right now? Are you free? Are you free to do what you want to be? As alternate would say.
Speaker 4: You're free? Are you free?
Speaker 1: Because I don't feel so free. I'm certainly not free to love who I want to love without critical disdain, without laws trying to interfere Again, are you free? Because economic slavery is a very real thing, and even though they ended regular slavery allegedly, there is certainly economic slavery. Most of us are economic slaves. We're not free to do what we want to do. We don't have the resources to do it. So, when you talk about freedom being an American value, are you free to live from the fear of gun violence?
Speaker 4: No? Are you free to live from fear of a lot of things?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: So, who has ever really been free in America?
Speaker 1: Native Americans? Yes, before we got here, not afterwards. Who has been free in America? Except rich white men. If that's an American value, then why doesn't it trickle down to the rest of the people. Are you free to say what you want to say?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Not anymore. You're certainly not. Are you free to do what you want to do? No, there's a billion laws and rules and regulations. Who has been free? Who can it ignore?
Speaker 4: Are those laws and regulations rich white men?
Speaker 1: Who can say whatever they want to say without any fear of repercussion?
Speaker 4: Whatsoever? Rich white men?
Speaker 1: So, if freedom is an American value, or at the top of the list, who does it pertain to because I haven't been free my entire life at all, like at all?
Speaker 4: Have you?
Speaker 1: You think because we can have a podcast and come out here and talk like this, that we're free When I worry about my safety every single day, when I get death threats, credible death threats, that's freedom, you think because you can go on social media and type whatever you want to type that you're free. No, that's not freedom because a you'll get a lot of hatred or canceled or docked, you know, So that's not freedom.
Speaker 4: What freedom do you have? Really? Rich white men have it all.
Speaker 1: They can literally do it. They can kill somebody and get away with it. What can you get away with? So if freedom is an American value, why doesn't it apply to all Americans? It doesn't. It goes by class. Someone said race and class are two different things, and I laughed right in their face.
Speaker 4: I'm like, yeah, you keep on believing that.
Speaker 1: I mean, truly, Are you free to see the doctor you want to see when you want to see them, No, you're not. Are you free to get the health care that you need when you need it? Nope, that freedom depends on an insurance company. So what exactly are you free to do die? You know, it's about it. Pay your taxes. You're free to pay your taxes, and you're free to die. That's about it. So if freedom is an American value, we're failing at it, just big time. What are other American values other than freedom? Let's talk about the basic ones. Life. Life is supposed to be an American value. Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness life. Are you free to have a life? No, no, you're not. In fact, you have to scratch and claw to have a life. Health Care isn't free. Wouldn't that come under life? You know, if you're entitled to life, you're entitled to a healthy life. That would mean you're entitled to health care, to housing, to food. Food isn't a right. Health Care isn't a right. A home isn't a right, not in America. And you you're entitled to life. What about liberty? The definition of liberty is to live in society free from others oppressive ideologies.
Speaker 4: That's what liberty is. I have never had liberty in the United States as a gay man.
Speaker 1: I have always been under the oppressive view of a pseudo Christian nation. Never have I had liberty. Ever, and what about the pursuit of happiness? Doesn't mean you're going to get it, but what about the pursuit of it? Well, again, are you free to pursue your happiness when you've got to work twenty four to seven to give money to corporations? No, So, even our basic principles life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, if those are our values, we're failing. And so we will be judged by history and by the future by our values. That's how they'll judge us. What were their values of America in twenty twenty five? What did they value? They valued guns, discrimination, political infighting, conspicuous consumption, destruction of the planet, isolationism. These are the things we seem to value. So as we look at America and we hear the terms American values, maybe those aren't a good thing. Maybe the values of America are not good. The true values of America. They read more like the seven deadly sins. Sloth, gluttony, greed, jealousy. These our American values, the seven deadly sins. People think being a billionaire is something to ascribe to. Wealth is an American value. We value wealth almost more than anything, So that's an American value.
Speaker 4: Wealth? Is that a virtuous thing? Wealth? And yet it's like our main.
Speaker 1: Value greed, conspicuous, consumption, gluttony. Our values are the seven deadly sins, as exemplified by television, by media. You know, the Oscars are out today, and it's so weird that Amelia Perez, a movie I love about a transgendered Mexican cartel member that's a musical, has the most nominations at this time in our history. I find that so amusing, and congrats to Amelia Perez.
Speaker 4: I am Corell. You'll be who you want to be. Fun to hurt, your buddy, have your back on Monday.
Speaker 1: God Willings, Anny, God, Buddha, a La Goadway, please have a great weekend, stay safe, much love to you all, and hopefully we'll all weather this together and not back Monday.
Speaker 4: Or it's not from Brian or in a wheelchair.
Speaker 3: It's bloodcasting from a completely different point of view. Yours listen daily to the Corell cast on your favorite streaming service. It's broadcasting from a completely different point of view. Yours listen daily to the Corell cast on your favorite streaming.
Speaker 2: Service, uncensored, unfiltered, unhanged.
Speaker 3: It's a Cralle cast. Listen daily on your favorite streaming service.