Speaker 1: So today I'm excited.
Speaker 2: I am. I am at the butt end of this series we're doing restoring the Ancient Pathways of Life, and and I'm just I'm excited to do the topic I'm doing. I'm doing the prophetic topic. And I like this topic because there's so many things. This topic is so vast that I'm not going to do justice to cover it even halfway. You know, I'm just going to do a partial lick of it. But I am excited because my goal this morning is to restore a practicality to the prophetic that that goes with us and every single one of us everywhere we go. That makes sense. So, you know, in the prophetic topic, it's it's interesting because we do one of two things. One, it's like I don't want to hear it. I don't want anything to do with it, keep it away from me. Two we say, uh, we put the pressure on someone else, and we like to receive words. We put it on a person, kind of like they did the Old Testament, or in certain sects of our religion, they say, what does the man? What does the woman of God have to say? What's the word for the hour? I don't know what the term they use. What's the thing for the anyway? You know? So we we put the pressure on somebody else and we come more as receivers rather than participators.
Speaker 1: Does that make sense?
Speaker 2: And so I believe God this morning wants to do something good in our hearts and our souls that would restore this to us all individuals. Does that make sense?
Speaker 1: Okay? So I'll try the best I can this morning, and you try the best you can just to keep.
Speaker 2: The heart open.
Speaker 1: Cool, all right?
Speaker 2: I want to do something pretty cool this morning. I want to do a prophetic act. So bear with me. Shana, would you come on up please? I'm gonna have who else? Who else? Am I gonna pick on?
Speaker 1: Craig?
Speaker 2: Please? Would you come? Claara was like, is the heart that was not me? Terrell? Would you come up real quick? And I want one more? One more Lord? Who would be? Who would be? Costra Anchlow? Would you come up? Again? I had her come up for service. So I'm gonna ask each one of you, because we're in the topic of the prophetic, I'm gonna ask you just to take thirty seconds and pray over the congregation. You can leave it out of prayer, but if the Lord puts something in your heart, just release the word okay for today, for now, for the congregation ye have, for whatever the Lord might be doing. It might be a word of encouragement, might be a word of comfort, might be a word of you know straight, whatever it is, okay.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna give the mic to Shana.
Speaker 2: We're gonna go and just thirty seconds, be gracious with me.
Speaker 3: I just think that the Lord's saying that there's a breaking that's happening, and this is a different kind of breakthrough. It's starting to shake from the ground up, so you might feel the shaking and then see the breakthrough later. So if now you're experiencing a shaking, expect the breakthrough to come.
Speaker 2: Come on. Thank you.
Speaker 4: I just the Lord gave me a picture of a pair of shoes, and so I feel like what that means is that this He's called this congregation to be those that would put out the leather, get the shoes on, and then take the prophetic to where you are, to your job, to whomever you interact with. And I also hear the other thing I hear is that he has called New Horizon Church to be those that would be the breakers of the demonic realm. Come like he's calling us to take out the shoe leather, and he's saying, I have equipped you as a body or as a church to go and destroy the works of the enemy, to destroy the works of darkness, and that he's actually saying he's participating with the words that come out of your mouth, and he's actually sending his angels out to destroy the demonic realm based upon what's coming out of your mouth and what you prophesy over those you are interacting with.
Speaker 2: So good, come on, thank you, So first service.
Speaker 5: I got a picture of a tree, and on that tree I've seen fruit, and I feel like the Lord is saying that all the old fruit is dead and gone. And so I decree and declare over each one of you that all the dead fruit is dead and gone, and new fruit is coming in this season. I also see in the spirit realm, I see the power and electricity going through that trunk of that tree, and I feel like the Lord is saying, I'm coming in power and authority in this new season for New Horizon.
Speaker 6: Come on, solue, I'm hearing the same thing as Craig declaration. The Lord is saying, I want you to declare who you are in me, and he says that you are a royal priesthood, a chosen nation, a city on the hilltop that cannot be hidden, a light.
Speaker 7: Of the war old.
Speaker 6: You are filled with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms.
Speaker 7: You are righteous and holy.
Speaker 2: I feel like, on this one, can you lead us through like three declarations decorations? Okay, so when he declares it, let's declare it right after and agree.
Speaker 7: I am a royal priesthood.
Speaker 2: I am a royal priesthood.
Speaker 7: I am a chosen nation.
Speaker 2: I am a chosen nation.
Speaker 6: I am filled with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms.
Speaker 2: I am filled with every spiritual blessings in the revenue. Helms can't continue, but we're good.
Speaker 7: I am righteous. Come on, man, I am holy.
Speaker 2: Come on.
Speaker 6: I am one spirit with God, one spirit with I am seated with Christ.
Speaker 2: I am seated with heavenly places.
Speaker 7: I cannot be defeated.
Speaker 2: I can.
Speaker 7: I am.
Speaker 6: I am as Christ is in Jesus name, in Jesus Name.
Speaker 5: Was that it?
Speaker 2: Or did you have more? That's it? Come on? Wow, that's so. I told him a week ago that I was gonna do that. I'm kidding. They got as much notice as you did, except Angela. She was here first service, so she had anyway. So I love I love hearing all the things that God's doing. You can feel it. You can feel when when somebody partners with the prophetic, they're climbing a ladder into the heavenly places, reaching into the heart of heaven and bringing it into our current reality. And so the temptation you and I would have is to put that on people and disqualify ourselves. For whatever reason you want to come up with, you have it. And so I feel like the Lord wants to restore the reality of simple prophecy to us, Okay, And so this morning I want to do the best I can to dismantle what the End has put in our hearts over the years, or over even the centuries as the church progressed. And I feel like I feel like coming out this morning, we're gonna be a little bit stronger, a little bit sharper, a little bit wiser in the Lord. And I think that we're gonna go out winning a lot more spiritually speaking.
Speaker 1: Cool.
Speaker 2: So close your eyes for a second and say Jesus, open my ears to hear, open my heart to feel in Jesus' name. Amen. Amen. So this morning, the title of my message, the subtitle under our series is what are you saying?
Speaker 1: Can you say that?
Speaker 2: What are you saying? The emphasis I have this morning is primarily with the words that come forth from your mouth. Okay, keep that in mind. Naturally, we are all very prophetic people. And as we speak this morning, and as I share my heart with you, I hope that you will realize that prophetic gifting is all around us. It's in us and through us. We're called to desire it, to crave it, and to participate with it. So naturally, the words we utilize, especially if you're a believer, are prophetic, almost like in their essence. You know, you can be pathetically pathetically prophetic, where you declare things that are not of God, but that still come true. Because the scripture says, actually, let's put it up on the screen Proverbs eighteen twenty one. Watch this.
Speaker 1: It says death.
Speaker 2: And life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruits. What he's saying is, you will reap the consequences of how you speak, and so death and life are in the power of your tongue. James writes that if you figure out how to control this thing, you'll be like perfect.
Speaker 1: Like this thing makes grand.
Speaker 2: Speeches and it breaks things down, like it can serve as a blessing, but then it turns around and can curse something too. Like the power that comes forth from the words you utilize is phenomenal.
Speaker 1: It's amazing.
Speaker 2: We see this in the Life of Jesus where he comes to the grave place of Lazarus and he says, a Lazarus, come out. He comes to a place of death and the source of life releases a word of life that brings forth life.
Speaker 1: It's actually an amazing story.
Speaker 2: I'm going to go into it a little bit because it's a very important one that we understand because the words that we utilize, it's more than just opinions you're spewing. Sometime you know what's carried on your opinions of spiritual powers and principalities.
Speaker 1: So Jesus comes, he tells.
Speaker 2: His disciples, we gotta go because our brother Lazarus fell asleep.
Speaker 1: We gotta go wake him up.
Speaker 2: He's dead, basically, And so when he gets to the place, he reaches Martha, and Martha's like, Jesus, if you would have been here, he would have not died. And Jesus goes into a journey of trying to get Martha to believe that the source of life just entered your room. So would you believe for a miracle. And Martha begins to delay the miracle for another day, and she says, I know you're the resurrection, and I know we will all raise from the dead on the last day. And Jesus like trying to get these people to believe in him that life has come, transformation has come, the miracle is here.
Speaker 1: She doesn't get it. Mary comes.
Speaker 2: This is the Mary that at the feet of Jesus. You know what I'm saying. She's a presence girl. We got Martha's in the room. Those are more like the analytical this, this, and this needs to get done.
Speaker 1: How many Martha's we got in the room.
Speaker 2: There's no shame in it. We got some here, you know what needs to get done. And then we got a lot of Mary's in the room. I just want to sit here in the presence and get figured it. So fout, you know, the food will get ready, the things will get done.
Speaker 1: How many Marys we got in the room. Raise your hand.
Speaker 2: I know we got more Marris than Martha. I know some of you just lazy, but you're a Martha, all right.
Speaker 1: We know the truth.
Speaker 2: So it's a beautiful marriage when two come together because the engine works. But really, well you know what I'm saying. You got the tires and you got the heart. It needs to happen anyway. So you got both of these people and both have the same response. So it's not a question of who God created you to be. It's a question of faith.
Speaker 1: So Mary comes and.
Speaker 2: She says, oh, Jesus, if only you had been there, my brother would not have died. Lazarus would still be here. And once again she puts this situation of death on Jesus, and Jesus again tries to say, well I'm here, I'm the miracle maker, I'm the source of life.
Speaker 1: They don't get it, and so.
Speaker 2: The scripture says that anger builds up within Jesus, and then that shortest verse in the scripture is recorded he wept, and a lot of us we like to relate that scripture to the humanity of Jesus. That look, Jesus also had a heart he also knew how to mourn.
Speaker 1: He also knew how to weep.
Speaker 2: And that's what John is writing actually when he's talking about the people are saying, look how much he loved his friend and all this stuff. But if you read that in context, Jesus is not sad. Why would he be sad when he's about to go raise somebody from the dead and he told his disciples, we're gonna go raise him from the dead. He's sad. No, he's not sad. He's angry because he's saying, guys, I am life. I have come to restore, to bring life.
Speaker 1: Would you believe in me?
Speaker 2: And all they can see is the death. They can see their issue, they can see their trauma, they can see their difficulty, they see their situation, and they don't see Jesus. But Jesus is in their midst and they continue to tell him about their problem.
Speaker 1: So they bring him to the grave because he's angry.
Speaker 2: He's like, where have you laid him? Like he's he can't like the closest people to him don't get it. So he's like, I just have to show them. So he gets to the grave and the scripture still says still angry, as he arrived, still angry, and then he says, roll the stone away, Roll open up the tomb. But Jesus, it's gonna smell bad. It's gonna get ugly. Man, how many times we pray for God to intervene, but we keep that stone closed in our heart. We don't open up the places of our heart that need healing. We want to tell God about the pain and the situations and the death and the difficulties and the hardships and what they did and what it happened and how it should have happened, all this stuff. But yet when Jesus is in the room, oh that heart is closed. Oh, don't mess with that sensitive part. I'm still looking for healing. And healing is in the room. Transformation is in the room. Your breakthrough is in the room. But no, not that part. I'm not ready. But Jesus is gonna smell bad. They roll the stone away, and Jesus is like, God, I'm saying these words allowed, not for my sake, but for theirs. I know you heard me. I know you always do. Then he says, Lazarus come out. He releases that word of life. How many of us need that word of life? In Jesus' name, and so it's a beautiful picture of the power of the world of life. But Jesus also in a situation as he got close to his crucifixion, was going to Jerusalem, back and forward, and at a certain point he walked past the tree that looked like it was luscious and good, and so he reached into the tree to pick a fruit. I believe it was a fig tree, and when he reached in, there was no figs, there was nothing there, and he cursed the tree. The next day as they were walking past it again. You know what happened. The disciples saw the tree that was and it was cursed from the root. It was withered from the root up. And Jesus shows us the power of our words, where a blessing, a good word, can produce life, and then a negative word, a curse, produces death. And he shows us that we carry the power of both in our life. I personally believe that that tree that looks so good goes hand in hand with the scripture of we look like we have it all together, like the we look like we're blessed of God, but lack the power thereof We look like it's what it's called is religion where we put on a facade to show and look at us. We look so good, but we produce nothing. And so that area of our life, it's okay to curse it. It's okay to curse the religion that might be in you. Trust me, you don't want it anyway. It's okay to curse anything that is hindering you from the Lord. You see a bit of bitterness, Oh bitterness in me, you are cursed. You are set apart for destruction. Be out of me, spirit of animosity, spirit of hatred, spirit of fear.
Speaker 1: All that stuff is cursed in Jesus' name.
Speaker 2: You speak a negative word over something that is evil, it withers. It's what it does. In twenty eighteen, there was a study done in a little school where a teacher had their students take two plants and they put it on the windowstill two exact plants, everything all the same. And what they did for the next several days is they watered it the same and got the same amount of sun. But the destruction was one tree. You speak of blessing over it, Tell it how beautiful it is, how amazing it is, how it's gonna flourish, how it's gonna do great.
Speaker 1: And the other tree, you take it and you say, how.
Speaker 2: Fat it is, how ugly it is, how it's good for nothing. It's never gonna account for nothing. It's ugly, it's withering all this stuff. Seven days, one tree, the one that was spoken blessing or it was flourishing. The other tree was withered. Seven days the power of your words. Ikea actually thought it was great idea. So they did the same thing. They took an insulated these two plants out of the warehouse. They took it and put it side by side, enslated in glass containers, and they had people record message of goodness over one that they pressed play on, and then they recorded message of bad stuff. You know, anything you want to say that is negative, okay. Thirty days later, one tree was flourishing, really good. The other tree was withering away. That's the reality of what we carry. And that's just even for the non believer. How much more for the believer who partners with Heaven, who understands we have a mission here on earth to demonstrate the Kingdom of God and to bring it into every.
Speaker 1: Sphere of life.
Speaker 2: How much more for those who are activated as believers, as representation of the King of king and the Lord of lords here on this earth. You might be upset over a job you lost, but you might have been the only Jesus that they would have ever seen. I want to quickly go into First Corinthians, chapter fourteen.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna read verse one.
Speaker 2: But in the early Church, the Corinthian Church had a lot of things that they need a little bit of correction with, and that was okay. And one of them was the balance of the prophetic and also the balance of speaking in tongues. But I want to emphasize on the prophetic. And Paul writes here in the first verse the chapter fourteen, he says, let love be your highest goal, but you should also desire the special abilities the spirit gives, especially the ability to prophecy. Verse three. The one who prophesies strengthens, encourages, and comforts. Can you say those three with me? Strengthens, encourages, comforts one more time, strengthens, encourages and comforts. So what Paul is laying out, He's laying out the boundaries of what we do and why we do it. He's saying, when you prophesy, you have three agendas. You're either strengthening somebody, you're encouraging them, or you're comforting them. It's kind of interesting because this word comfort that you look at, it has a lot to do with past things that happen, traumatic things that took place. Potentially, maybe somebody died and there's a word of comfort.
Speaker 1: Maybe you're going through a hardship, maybe a persecution.
Speaker 2: Maybe something happened that your work stop that work, job that anyway you get it, something happened bad, and you need a word of comfort because that is holding you back.
Speaker 1: And the one who prophesies.
Speaker 2: Is required to go up into the places with God and to bring down a word that would relieve you of trauma or hardships from the past. What the enemy would like to do is utilize the people around you to get you second guessing about things of the past. You might be in your place of pain and you might share with somebody and then somebody's getting you the second guess everything you've ever done.
Speaker 1: They say, well, you should have done this, You could have done this.
Speaker 2: Man, if I was out, would have And you hear all these three You hear all these things that are bringing no comfort, no relief, no help. But you, as a mighty man and mighty woman of God, the one who knows Jesus, you're a call to say, you know what the past is, the past, yes, sterday is gone. You know what. Jesus is alive today. He can help you out. He can give you a word that needs to be done for that season. We're so used to giving people our opinions. Who's got so much information? I'm telling you they don't need a piece of your mind. They don't. I'm not trying to be route. They need a peace of God's mind. They need to They genuinely need what's in his mind. Comfort deals primarily with past situations. You look at this word strengthening. The word strengthening comes from the word edifying, edifying, and strengthening. It's it's really related to building something. You're building a house, You're you're fortifying something. Maybe you're shifting things around, you're maturing, you're you're you're there's something happening, but it's primarily in the now. Listen, you're going through something right now, and I feel like the Lord is saying this and this needs to shift, this and this needs to change. As a matter of fact, when we have the pathetic words come out. We heard a word of strengthening.
Speaker 1: What was the word changing that you had?
Speaker 3: Shaking?
Speaker 1: Shaking?
Speaker 2: And did you hear falling off to something falling off breaking apart? I don't know what it was.
Speaker 1: But there's even first service.
Speaker 2: We had words that are shifting and changing, and in this part correction happens too. We run from correction when correction brings the most strength. We run from things that challenge our life, when those very things are the breakthrough that we need for life.
Speaker 1: We want to stay.
Speaker 2: Comfortable, but I'm telling you, the prophetic spirit amongst us is not a spirit that keeps you comfortable. That's why he's the comforter. Because you're gonna be uncomfortable. That's just how it is. If you haven't been uncomfortable for a while, this morning, I hope that you will be a little bit uncomfortable so you can lean into the comforter. Okay, strengthening. What the enemy would like to use your mouth for is to weaken those around you. He wants you to see other people's issues, and he wants you to compare yourself to them, cause them to be a little bit weaker, so that maybe you can feel better about your own weakness. That's not a good way to go. That's not a good way to go. He wants to use your words to tear people down. He wants to use your words with the background of judgment, criticism. He wants to utilize how you speak with the intention of criticism wrapped in maybe positive language. How many of us know God sees your heart strengthening one deals with present situations.
Speaker 1: And then you got this word encouraging.
Speaker 2: I love this word encouraging. We're all called to be encouragers. Brother, brother, pray for me.
Speaker 1: I just need some encouragement. This is this happened.
Speaker 2: I'm just dealing with a lot of can you I need some encouragement. You're not asking for encouragement. When you ask that, you're asking for comfort that deals with feelings, emotions, past stuff, Encouragement. That word and encouragement is it's courage. So when you're asking for encouragement, courage deals with actions. So when you say, brother, pray for me, I need encouragement, what you're saying is I know what I need to do, and I need grace to do it. I need something that I'm gonna need for my near future. That God needs to take me into. So I might be sitting here. Wow, I just see a vision and this situation and the boom. God's gonna take your strength and he's gonna multiply it. You're gonna speak with boldness, You're gonna go and you're gonna transform that. And that's a word of encouragement.
Speaker 1: When you speak into the future.
Speaker 2: There's times where we see it written that the apostles will write and the disciples remember those things that Jesus said after he raised from the dead. There's things that Jesus speaks in the now that.
Speaker 1: Are meant for your future.
Speaker 2: Wow, there's words of encouragement. But the enemy, he would like to use your mouthpiece, your tongue, your prophetic utterances for things like fear. Well, you better be careful if you go into that place is kind of dark. He wants to sirup anxiety within your soul.
Speaker 1: He wants you to be afraid.
Speaker 2: He wants you to be thinking NonStop of the negative outcomes of stepping out or doing something God's calling you to do. Man, some of us are meant for government, and we're sitting in places of low class places just because we're comfortable there. And I'm telling you, if you partner with the encouragement that comes from the Lord, God will take.
Speaker 1: You to places that only he can.
Speaker 2: Jesus God forbid that we use our words to discourage each other from the very things God is calling us to. We're so afraid of change that we like everything the same. We like everything where we know what's coming. We want to control everything. Whether you're a Mary or a Martha, you still like to be a bit in control of outcomes and situations. That's a scary place to be because Jesus rebukes that mindset many many times. You gather so much and you say that, oh now I can relax, like you're a withering thing that's going to be gone tomorrow.
Speaker 1: And you plan so much. And I'm not saying we don't plan with.
Speaker 2: The Lord, but we exclude him from the very things that God has called us to. And I'm not gonna go there. But in First Timothy Paul writes to Timothy, he says, do not neglect the spiritual gift in part to you through prophecy when the elders lay their hands on you. See, when you partner with Heaven to bring forth a word into your current situation. You're releasing spiritual gifts to those around you that are desperately needing them for their walk in the Lord. And I'm telling you, when you keep that mouth shut, you're withholding from those around you.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: I'm reading scripture, and I'm reading even in the Old Testament when God's starting to stir up his justice and Leviticus and Deuteronomy, and he's saying to the people, if you see your neighbors, donkey. If you see something and you don't bring it back, you are withholding something you're responsible to do.
Speaker 1: Serve one another, Serve one another, serve one another. And in this faith we do it a lot of times through our words.
Speaker 2: In John chapter five, Jesus says, I only do what I see my father doing. And then John chapter eight, and John chapter twelve, and John chapter fourteen he says, I only say what I hear my father saying. Three times. He tells the people, the words that come forth from me reflect what I hear. If you and I want to be good prophesires on this earth, we need to hear what the Father saying. We're so anxious about a gift of prophecy when God's just saying, Hey, what is the good Shepherd saying? Why don't we just lean in our ears so that we can hear what he's saying. If we hear what he's saying, it won't be hard to say what he's saying. We're trying to come up with things to say when he's just like, hey, just listen to what I have to say, and we get in trouble because because then we make things up and say it feels like the Lord. And I'm not saying there's anything wrong with making mistakes. I'm just saying, let's be good. Heres, let's be good. Here's And somebody at the door told me said, I think that's why God gave us one mouth and two ears. Yeah. Maybe, And it's okay to make mistakes.
Speaker 1: It's okay to say something that.
Speaker 2: You might regret, but it's okay to own up to that too. We have so much fear around the prophetic topic that it's ridiculous. Jesus says this profound statement. He says, I am the good Shepherd, and my sheep what hear my voice? I want she is to let us thinking, my sheep hear my voice.
Speaker 1: You might be in this room and.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's been a long time since you're heard the voice. You might be in this room and you hear his voice, you just ignore it. I don't know, but this morning I want to do something very practical that would release us into hearing his voice and speaking it out. And Uh, what we're gonna do in a little bit, We're gonna lift the key volume up and we're gonna we're gonna soak for about three to five minutes in God's presence, where we will allow the voice of our shepherd to ring loud in our hearts. Again.
Speaker 1: In the beginning, you prayed a crazy prayer.
Speaker 2: You said, God, open up my ears to hear, open up my heart to feel. Did you not pray it? That's on you. And so what we're gonna do is we're gonna bring action to that prayer and we're gonna give God the opportunity to speak to us. Now. When he does, it comes in a still quiet voice.
Speaker 1: Many times, maybe you.
Speaker 2: Hear something audible, maybe you feel an impression. But this part of our walk is very, very important for us to hear his voice over our own lives, because if we hear it well over our own lives, we'll hear it well over others, and we'll restore the prophetic utterances that God's called us to restore.
Speaker 1: And it might be a scary thing.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 2: If God speaks to me, listen, he loves you so much if you just open up your heart, it might be crazy. You might be like, well, I've never felt that before. And so what I want us to do here as we go into this moment. I want us if you have something you could write on and you feel like God's speaking something to you, write it down. If you got your phone, take out your notes. I want you to be intentional. I want you to set the Holy Spirit up to speak to you and try the best you can to avoid all distractions. We'll do three minutes. Okay, I'll set a time. We'll do three minutes. I want to make it super intentional, super practical. Forget about everything else for these next few minutes, okay, and just pay attention. The Lord might want to you from something you've been dealing with for twenty years.
Speaker 1: The Lord might want to.
Speaker 2: Change some perspective that you might have. He might want to strengthen your building your soul right now. He might want to encourage you to take steps of faith. He might want to do something, maybe he's given you a word for somebody else, but we want to be people who hear his voice.
Speaker 1: Amen, So I'm gonna do this.
Speaker 2: Would you lift the volume on the keys please, and we're gonna take these next. I will set a timer. Okay, So don't think about anything else except calming your soul, calm your mind down, don't even pray, just listen for these moments. Okay. I'm gonna pray a quick prayer over you, and then we'll let you be Jesus. I thank you for each person in this room. God, I asked that you would give him the ears to hear and the heart to feel. Whatever you're doing and whatever you're saying in Jesus's name