Speaker 1: All right, we continue on Fred Rogan, Rodney peat, Eric Dickerson's with us Eric Saquon Barkley. Oh is that a pretty good year?
Speaker 2: I know, man, pretty tell you?
Speaker 3: I mean my team, man, pretty good year. How about a fantastic night? I mean, how did you give up Trench? You've heard me say this during the season. I said, man, we are one of the worst tackling teams in the NFL. Right you think they miss Aaron Donald right now? You think they miss Aaron Donald for sure? Right now?
Speaker 2: I mean, man, it was it was hard to watch that, It really was.
Speaker 3: I mean I just knew it was gonna happen because as I watched the game, it was like every run he was picking up five six, Every time he ran the ball, it was it was almost amazing if they got him in the backfield or stopped him. But it was five six, seven, ten, twenty, then seventy, then fifteen, then seventy again.
Speaker 4: Let me ask you because you, I mean, you played with great offensive linemen and then he played was not so great offensive line. I mean, oh yeah, And we don't need to get into to that detail, but just talking about him going to a place, you know where he was he was at a place for a number of years.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I think it was what six years. I think he was with the Giants or whatever it may be, and they still were. It was just like a mismatch of offensive linemen coming in and out, not not known for their offensive line play, and then he goes to a place that is known for the offensive line play in the Philadelphia Eagles. I mean, listen, Jason Kelsey retired, but they still for a number of years have always been known as a great offensive line. And he goes to a place like that. What does that mean for a running back? Because you see it from Afar, right, you look up and go Because I know from a quarterback, I look up and.
Speaker 1: Go, damn.
Speaker 4: If I just had that kind of protection, if I just had that kind of time to throw, I just had you know, those kind of receivers.
Speaker 1: I'd be like, man, oh, I'll be isn't it doing? I think, what is it? What is it?
Speaker 4: From a running back standpoint, When you look at a team like the Eagles from Afar and you're Saquon and you finally end up there, you're like, Okay, it's all now.
Speaker 3: When went to the Giants, I said from the beginning, I said, I hate to see this kid go there because he has a lot of talent, but he's gonna get hurt this he'll never reach his potential at the Giants. They just don't they don't have the offensive line, they have no quarterback. I said, he'll never reach it. When he went to Philly, I said, that's the game changing for him. And the funny thing is right, that was when I forgot it was a close game.
Speaker 2: I saw it.
Speaker 3: I just saw the game like on teeth. It was a close game. And when I got home, I didn't even look at the score. I just want I went to my phone. I just want to see what he had rushing. He had one hundred and forty six yards. I said, I bet they won, and I went back and short enough, they won. When you got an offensive line and you can run the football, Like he said, football is fun again. It gives him a new life. Man, it's no fun getting hit in that backfield. It's no fun when you can't get to the line of screens. Because when you're when you're an elite player or you're the franchise player, they blame you even if you even if it's no block, and they still blame It's like the quarterback. If you had a receiver can't it can't get open or he drops the ball, they blame you, I mean, and that that's that's it. I'm happy for him in that aspect because I know what it's like.
Speaker 2: I've been that guy.
Speaker 3: I mean, I've been on the when you had a great offensive line, when you have a bad offensive line, and when when Emma Smith was with the Cowboys, I said.
Speaker 2: What could I do with that?
Speaker 4: Let me give you that real quick because I know exactly what you're talking about. I talked about this all the time that I spent my first five years in Detroit and Detroit we had we had two guys.
Speaker 1: On the offensive line. It was lonuch Brown was my left tackle.
Speaker 4: Was he was great, but they would mismatch everybody else up and down that lost that offensive line. Our center, Kevin Glover was really good too. But other than that, it was the three guys that came in and out. There was just a revolving door with the left guard, the right guard, and the right tackle. We just had multiple guys and they would Every other team knew that, so they would line the Reggie White over our right tackle and not allow Lomus to block him. So Reggie would have a field day on a regular basis. But I went and then playing with Barry for those five years, I went to Dallas and I watched him block, and I watched that offensive line, and I watched Emmitt Smith not get touched until he was three four yards down the field, not get touched secondary.
Speaker 2: He in the secondary, in.
Speaker 4: The secondary before he gets touched. And I'm telling folks, not in Dallas. But I'm telling folks, I'm like, man, I played with Barry now, and Barry had that kind of disrespect tomt because I love Himitt and he's all the time great and all that, but I said, look at it. Very had that kind of line, baby, just coming from Detroit, seeing what he had to work with, you know about hitting the backfield. Some of his best runs were one two yards runs to get back to the line of scrimmage.
Speaker 2: The line of scrimmage. I know that you can the job job and everybody.
Speaker 4: And you can get you know, go three yards four yards not getting touched, and then you get to do your thing. I understand that, brother, I unders think because Dallas was a different level when it came to offensive linemen. But for Saquon doing that, watching him go for two fifty five against the Rams man, that was just oh my god.
Speaker 3: It was it was, it was. It was hurtful. I mean, they gave up on defense. They I got to say it, they gave up. They really did. And you know it's I can't say, it's not about the coach. It's about the play. The players play. You have to make the tackles, you have to you have assignments, and they were just getting beat up and eating the Rams. At one point, I think who's who's doing the game.
Speaker 2: Who was doing the game.
Speaker 3: They said, the Rams offensive line cannot block collins Yeah that's what yeah, yeah right, collins Worth said they can't even block the the Eagles defensive line.
Speaker 2: And they couldn't. It was like it was, like, my god, it was. It was.
Speaker 3: It was bad to watch that game. I mean, it really was. And I said, again, I knew it was gonna happen. I didn't know it's gonna be that bad. I didn't know it's gonna have two hundred and fifty five yards on him. And I think he had, like I've saying yard touchdown runs yeah, a three three hundred and two, three hundred two yards a toll offense by one player. I mean, man, you know what, you know what you know, two hundred fifty five yards is like running back. That's like two and a half games or three games for some bad But that's like that's true. That's like, that's like two and a half games. I mean the most I had and I had in the playoffs was two forty eight. I had some too, I had a few two two hundred yard games in the NFL season, but I know, two fifty five, I know, two thirty nothing like that I had. I think my most was two fifteen against.
Speaker 1: All of them.
Speaker 4: To forty eight? Was it was it a grind to forty eight? Or you had some big runs in that too forty eight. I mean it was just like runs too, but it was it was just like that.
Speaker 3: It was just like that day when when when I saw that game, Just like that, you start off because they played that flex defense. The Cowboys have to you know, the inside, they have to tackle off the ball, and I'm like, oh, hell, y'all love this. That's gonna get me. They can't, they can't, they can't catch they can't stop me. I'm gonna be on my own too fast. So we've started off running football. We started off with like eight yards, ten yards, seven yards it might you know, you know yo, you'll get caught sometime fifteen yards, then all of a sudden, forty yards. Then I had, but we came back after I think I had. I had one hundred and like the had one hundred and ten yards and half. And they came back the first play after half, just like he did the very first play, sixty five yard touchdown, and it's oh man, it's like you're just like, oh yeah, baby.
Speaker 1: Let me keep it.
Speaker 3: Give me some more, give me some more, give me some more, give me this ball some more. Because they don't want at that point the depense. They don't want to tackle, you know, like man, this game of man, I'm gonna get hurt on it.
Speaker 4: But ahead of steam, he ain't even got touch before he gets fifteen yards down the road.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was frustrating watching that man like god.
Speaker 1: But as bad as the game was, the Rams are still very much alive in the division race.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the division is bad. That's why I mean they won game back. I mean, uh Sea Outlets tied with with Arizona. Both of them are what six and five? Somebody get six and five?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it.
Speaker 3: It was a bad division of San Francisco's. Like I say, five and five. I mean it's a lot of it's a lot of injuries.
Speaker 2: Don't get me wrong.
Speaker 3: We have they've had injuries San Francisco and we had into San Francisco's had a lot of injuries because I think people expected more than them. I did too out of San Francisco. I'm glad they're not getting I'm glad they I don't see nobody get hurt. But I'm glad they ain't doing well. But man us we are. I'm gonna tell you, I think seven games, maybe seven, no more, maybe eight, but that's it. I don't think they win. They're not gonna win noo ten games. I wish they would. I mean I want them to.
Speaker 4: But you got to be realistic that that you have any season that is there for the taking. Like you mentioned that, the division is just up in the air because San Francisco's down for whatever reason they had. You know, obviously they had their injury. McCaffrey didn't play for the first seven eight weeks. You know, are you contract issues now? He's out for the season. D BO has been in and out. They had their Every team's had their issues for any any season for but the Rams did too with their two receivers. They were out for a long time up in the air for anybody to take control over this division. And you know, it could have been a big stepping stone for the for the Rams, but they ran into that buzz saw with the Eagles. But it ain't gonna be easy. I don't I can't even tell you who's gonna win this division going for.
Speaker 2: Go back righting.
Speaker 3: Remember when we said that these games you should win. We should have beat Chicago. We should have been we should have been Green Bay. We should have been Green Bay.
Speaker 1: Adam be Adam b.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think the system play the cystant that and so another team we should have be. We should have beat them too.
Speaker 2: I mean at least at least two of those games.
Speaker 3: You need to have those games because because then you have games like this that you get blown out in and it happens pretty much to everybody. You have a game where everything goes wrong, and right now, man, we need everything to go right, and we would we have six games left and they can't before they can't afford to lose three more games or four more games, And you know, I think that I think that might happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But are you suggesting that they can't win the division or are you saying it's possible, Because listening to you, Eric, I'm getting the sentence that they can't win even.
Speaker 3: A bad division this year. I don't think they can win a division. I mean, I'll say this for a listening to what I'm saying, do I want them to win the division? Yes, I'd be very pleased if they want a division. Do I think they'll win a division?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I don't, And I just being honest. I think that.
Speaker 3: I think when we go play Seattle, I think Seattle we beat Seattle the first time.
Speaker 2: I think Seatle beat us.
Speaker 3: And in Arizona, man, it's like they beat up on us the first time they be They beat us like a drum, but we had a lot of guys hurt. I just don't. I don't see this win this division. I don't. I mean, like I said again, do I want to Heck, yeah, I wanted to win. You think I want San Francisco or Seattle even Arizona wind No, I don't. I want the Rams to win, but I don't see it happening.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they still got I'm looking at it. They still got to play well. They got to play the Buffalo Bills, right San Francisco up there again? Up there, they played the Jets. They should beat the Gets, but it's back there in New York.
Speaker 2: Should shouldn't shouldn't be should beat the Jets, but were they to be cold.
Speaker 4: Jets and then finish up but Arizona in Seattle. Those two games at the end, Arizona in Seattle, the last two weekends at home could be really big and deciding whether or not they do win the division or not. But they got to win hopefully that me. Let me ask you, do you think they'll beat the Buffalo Bills? No, really, no, I think that. I think that's gonna be about And I.
Speaker 1: Don't think they beat San Francisco up there.
Speaker 2: I don't either. I said that.
Speaker 3: So that's too right there, So now now what that's so that's too? So we five and will we five?
Speaker 2: And six?
Speaker 3: So if we play who we play next? We play Buffalo Orleans? Man maybe should be New New Orleans. They if they don't be, if they don't beat New On. You know they hate the Rams New organsuse of that Super Bowl if they don't win that game in New Orleans. Man, it's it's you can pack this stuff.
Speaker 1: Up, all right. The Ford the NFL Spotlight presented by Spotlight twenty nine Casino, Eric's favorite spot in the Coachella Valley. Check out Spotlight twenty nine dot com for the best entertainment or sign up for twenty nine rewards where you play urned points and spend them however you prefer. You'll see why Spotlight twenty nine Casino is Coachella's best bet. All right, So here's the story I've been talking about. I'm just gonna give you the headline, then you figure out what it is. Are you ready for the headline?
Speaker 2: Ready?
Speaker 1: Deflating boobs, shrinking butts and little lips? Oh yeah?
Speaker 4: The Ford NFL Spotlight On a beautiful Thanksgiving week a Tuesday, it is right to beat Fred Rogan, Hall of Famer Eric Dickerson.
Speaker 1: Come on now, Fred, So here we go. I'm gonna give you this strategy. Fred, Can I ask you?
Speaker 3: Can I ask another question for a question for It's It's it's an easy one. Here.
Speaker 2: What's what's your favorite holiday? You like Christmas, Thanksgiving and Halloween? What's your favorite?
Speaker 1: Uh? I like, if I'm thinking about it, I like Halloween. I do. I do like Halloween. Halloween is fun. Me, that's your favorite? Yeah? I think Halloween is fun. I like when all the kids get dressed up and everything. I like Halloween, you know, Christmas, you know, and also I like, as I've gotten older now and the kids are older, I like the holidays when everybody is together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's yeah?
Speaker 1: You like? Do you like?
Speaker 2: Do you like Thanksgiving? Is that? Is that one of your holidays? Like?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like it?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know we're going to my son's future mother in law's brothers. That I do know we're doing, and it'll be fun. I love the family, we've known him forever. It's great for Thanksgiving. That'll be fun to your son's future mother in law's brothers. Right, so, I don't I don't know the correct terminology brothers.
Speaker 2: The mother's brother, mother's brother, mother's brother.
Speaker 4: Right, mother's brother, law brother, get it, get it, get it right.
Speaker 1: I give you a brother in law's brother. Brothers. Yeah, so what Josh is getting married? Okay? All right, Well it's future mother in law, his future mother in law's brother brother, her brother brother.
Speaker 3: Right, Okay, what's your favorite Halloween and Christmas? I don't even like Thanksgiving. I mean, to me, I'll eat turkey. I don't like turkey, and I'm like man to all the people, I can't wait to go eat and all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: I'm like, yeah, I'm good with that.
Speaker 4: Cranberry's I like, I like, I like, you know, I mean, I like Halloween and and Thanksgiving. I used to love it a lot because it was it was you know, you know, unfortunately, you know, family gets older. My my, my aunt Carroll boy, she used to throw down and every time everybody would go to her house and that was that was the thing where we get together. Even when I played in Detroit, we play on Thanksgiving. I sometimes fly out Thanksgiving after the game and get to Arizona to go to in Carroll's house for Thanksgiving. So I always love Thanksgiving, but it's not so much anymore. But I'm a Christmas guy. I love I love Christmas lights. I love traveling around, you know, going around different. You know, even in l A you go in downtown or even roadale drive Avery Beverly Hills where it's all lit up and restaurants and all that stuff. I love, I love Christmas.
Speaker 1: You and Holly ever act on any Hallmark movies for Christmas.
Speaker 4: Not together, but she's done a bunch of those. Yeah, yeah, yeah, a bunch of those. So it's been uh, it's been good. It's been good. And she's uh, she absolutely loves those. But they yeah, they wrote the book, They got the corner on the Christmas movies for the holidays, man, and they.
Speaker 1: Started running them already. Oh yeah, oh yeah. They start all year long.
Speaker 4: Man, They start like after Halloween, they start running them Christmas movies.
Speaker 1: It's such a big hit for them.
Speaker 4: They support their whole year with the Christmas movies. They let's have like fifteen a year that they do new ones every single year of just different Hallmark movies for Christmas. So yeah, but the same plot, same plot, somebody with somebody you know, some you know, former high school sweetheart that comes back to the town and then there's a little town this and blah blah blah. They family, you know, are broken and they come together at Christmas time.
Speaker 1: They haven't seen each other forever. Yeah, it's the same old damn story.
Speaker 2: Like screw screws.
Speaker 4: Old, damn call it in my sleep, Damn Christmas move, No, it's good. It's good though, But yeah, I love Christmas and then obviously leading into the new year.
Speaker 1: That's that's the part I love too. All right, let me give you this. Now, tell me what you think. So the title is deflating boob, shrinking butts and little lips. What do you think that's.
Speaker 3: About today's society? Today's today's went women? And did they did did they leave off the bat eye?
Speaker 2: Last year?
Speaker 4: It looked like that's playing on them. Oh man, that's just the crazest that became a trend. I don't know, man, that looks like like.
Speaker 3: Like they looked like they got butterflies and they think they I'm like, they look stupid.
Speaker 2: Joe, I last ate that long?
Speaker 3: I mean even along have we down to your back down to the floor breaze, I'm like, you would have to die ten times to come back, you come back you have still wouldn't be that long.
Speaker 1: Why do you say this, Fred? Why do you say because the influence of the Kardashians apparently is changing, and whatever people thought of how they looked is changing. So people that have had breast implants are reducing them now. People that had butt implants are taking them out now, People that had their lips injected are removing the filler now. And it seems that things are are kind of backing up to where it was before the Kardashians actually became prominent, and they look they have set the standard for a long time as to what is attractive and what women want to emulate. Apparently now things are changing.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: I can tell you as much I told you going going back, they just they just copy would basically, let me say it for real, be real about it, to just copy what black women had for years, right, I mean exactly fun of or like talk bad about black women and and and big butts. And in fact there were songs about it, right, Oh my god, Becky, yeah.
Speaker 1: About how bad those lips. Those are bad things.
Speaker 4: Now everybody gets fillers in their lips and and things like that.
Speaker 1: So it went, uh, it went to the point.
Speaker 4: Where it was hated and in society to where it's celebrated now. And it's it's it's pretty amazing how they profited it off of doing something as a dare I say, as as you know, young white women off of something that was was basically looked about, objectified, hated by society that black women had. And now they turned it in and everybody thinks that that's they started.
Speaker 1: All that from hate it so appropriate it rot everybody.
Speaker 4: The Kardashians started the big butts and the big lips and no, no really yeah, and it's and it's and they profited off of it. I mean, God bless them they did. You know, they hustled the game and they they wrote the book on it. And and so now you're saying that the people are backlashing about it. For now they're taking the they're taking the lips down and taking the butts out.
Speaker 1: Yep, well I wonder you to do this, that's what's going on.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, Frae, I mean, first of all, those two things look ridiculous to me. Those those lips, I mean they look like they kissed the hot stove. I call them hot stoves, Like they kissed the hot stove. And it lips like like poking out of and you can't help but look at it, like and you in your mind, you're like, if you can see the thing the halover my head, you look like a damn fool. I mean, like a fool with your mouth like that. Your lips ain't that big, I mean, and your butt you got, you got the big old butt, and the TV legs look like a pencil.
Speaker 2: I mean they don't even go together. And that doesn't even look right.
Speaker 3: I mean, if people done died doing that crap, putting, you know, putting these fake butts on. Now, the breast and augmentations that's been going on for years. I don't think that's nothing new. That's that's nothing new. But the lips, uh, the the butt and the and the eyelashes be killing me. I'm like, why do you have those things? I'm not saying because you can't say it to them. They'll, you know, they'll go off on you in your mind. You're like, okay, I won't forget. I went to I went to a fight. Uh it's years ago in Bagis and I'm coming through this kin of casino late at night and it's like packed, you know, it's like it's like it's you sweatt, three o'clock in the afternoon, and it was.
Speaker 2: It was a couple of sisters in there, and.
Speaker 3: They had the big old butts, you know, they could tell one you tell the fake and the big old lips, big old lips, And I say, girl, you wearing them pants?
Speaker 2: He said, you like that? Don't you?
Speaker 1: You like that?
Speaker 2: Don't now? Really? I want to make fun, I said, girl, I like that.
Speaker 1: I like it?
Speaker 2: You know you like that?
Speaker 1: My god. The thing I don't understand, never have, uh is when when people get some work done, and everybody's entitled to, when you do it for whatever reason, and ultimately you do it to make yourself feel better. Yeah, absolutely, But when you do it, it doesn't necessarily make you look better. No, no, it doesn't. And I'm wondering after you get it done, if you think, God, I look great like you like those pants or whatever? She said? Friends you got you got bad friends?
Speaker 2: Is thank you? Somebody to stop you?
Speaker 1: Like girls don't don't look good?
Speaker 2: Yo? Your lift? Your lift looking yet, don't.
Speaker 1: Look stop full on your lips?
Speaker 4: You look yeah like you Like Eric said, you put your lips too close to a hot stove.
Speaker 1: It looks like they burnt and swollen.
Speaker 3: I mean it's it's so obvious when you see it. I mean it's just like it's almost like like pow, like look like you can't and sometimes you want it. You like don't want to laugh, but you're almost like, can you have been startled by something? Just bust out laughing? That's what some of my life. You just you're like, whoa wow, in the world?
Speaker 1: What the world was like?
Speaker 4: Yeah, like with the breast, and I don't want to say it was the eighties when the breast went old, yeah, breath brest and when bigger was better and all that kind of stuff, and and then it turned to the butts. The butts are just ridiculous now, people that have plants. It's just it's absolutely absurd to say I saw someone the other day walking on I just I couldn't believe they actually thought that it looked good.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm going to send you out something and you look at this here. I'm gonna text it to both ya tell me it's actually you know, Fred might not know who it is, but you know who it is. Okay, you have to watch it, Maga. It's a video, but man, it's like, oh my god, but go ahead for it.
Speaker 2: Can I all right?
Speaker 1: Can I just tell you a quick story as you're telling you, you know, these procedures aren't just for women men get them too. So I'm talking to somebody out in Palm Palm Desert and uh, pretty prominent guy who happens to be gay. I didn't realize it at the time, an older guy, probably in his fifties, and he's walking with a cane and he's I mean, he's walking with a cane, and I said, oh, what happened? You know what he told me he went to get his butt injected, but for whatever reason, they missed, and part of it ended up missed on his psiatic nerve. I don't understand his psiatic nerve. And now because he got his butt injected, he has to walk with a cane because he's in too much pain. And I said, well, what can be done about this? And he goes absolutely nothing. Once it's in, it's in. And I thought, oh god, that's it. That's it. Once it's in, it's in, and we cannot fix it. So it doesn't just happen to men, all right, Oh my oh god, Eric something, Oh my god, that is like a she.
Speaker 3: Like she like a turkey. That's just just look him. He's like a turkey. I swear like it.
Speaker 1: Okay, that doesn't even look.
Speaker 2: Right, Thank you. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: That looks right. No, that's real, that's real, it's real. After seeing that, she looks like she needs some sort of procedure to correct something. Yes, yeah, it's bad, it's bad. I mean that is how do you do that? Exactly?
Speaker 2: People? You need to do it. They're doing it, they're doing it.
Speaker 4: That's where it's gotten crazy is the people that don't need you know, you already got full lips to begin with, or you got you know, you've got a round ask to begin with, and yet you you're going crazy and enhancing it and you don't need to do it.
Speaker 1: Is that attractive?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Absolutely not now now now, Fred, now real one a real nice dairy air and some and some real and some real nice safety lips. Oh that's attracted the real ones like you go watch you got some pretty lips, all right?
Speaker 1: The Ford NFL spotlight just driven by Yeah, I didn't know where we were going there. If there's one thing we like, it's choices. Fin yours with a Ford F one fifty gas hybrid are all electric. What you choose to do without much power, that's up to you. Tough and smart can only be called that one fifty get into your Southern California Ford Dealer for great offers out of Ford, that one fifteen or running Ford Mustang model. During Ford's Black Friday Selathon, Eric will continue to regale us of attractiveness.
Speaker 2: No, I'm just done, I said, I'm doing with that.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I'm sure you're not.
Speaker 2: Come back. Come on, let's go.
Speaker 1: It's a beautiful Tuesday.
Speaker 4: Right to beat, fred Rogan Hall of Famer Eric Dickinson a Ford NFL spotlight.
Speaker 1: Finding it down, Freddy? Come on? What you got? All right?
Speaker 3: Eric?
Speaker 1: So what do you What do you have for Thanksgiving?
Speaker 3: I've had barbecue, I've had fried fish, shrimp.
Speaker 1: I just don't.
Speaker 2: I don't like turkey.
Speaker 3: I don't like to I used to like to stuff in as a kid, and that's say, cranberry sauce and all that.
Speaker 2: I don't like all that stuff.
Speaker 1: I just don't.
Speaker 3: I don't get into that. I mean, like, I'm proudly. I'm sure I'm proudly. I'm probably barbecue for my kids, you know, and they don't. The thing is is funny, how it's funny how your kids they rub off on you. You rub off on them basically because they know I don't like they don't they don't like Thanksgiving either. That there is is Halloween and Christmas, same thing like mine. So but nah, I'm good. Hey, I just want everybody to have a happy Thanksgiving, you know, have a happy thanks you eat all the foods, you want to come back with a big old gut.
Speaker 2: And everything else. And you know, hey, but not me.
Speaker 1: This is the time of year now when the NFL season gets real, right, I mean this is now now. Every game means something and when when you guys played, what did you look at November? That's when it gets started or right around now you.
Speaker 4: Kind of sense where you were in November, right around Thanksgiving and for you know, at least for for for me in my first five year Detroit, we always played on Thanksgiving, so that was like the litmus test of where we were, and uh we usually good things happen on Thanksgiving usually for for for us playing at.
Speaker 1: Home, and.
Speaker 4: You know, after, you know, it was a piedrol point because if you won, you still were in the hunt. And a lot of times when I was in Detroit, if we lost that game, then it was a wrap and guys started thinking about the end of the season and when they we when we call them that U haul truck to come get our stuff all those things. But yeah, you want to still be in it and still have a fighting chance by by Thanksgiving, you really do, because that was the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean if you won an eight Thanksgiving, you know the dealt You know, you're like, man, I can't wait with this grab to be with you two and six. But if you know you six and two, are you right in the hunt back in those days? You know, just like it's like the middle part of the season, this is when you know you got to turn it on every every every win counts, every loss counts against you because you want to get you want to get hot. Pread you know, it's you want to get hot at the right time. And that's what happens to certain teams. You just get everything starts to click. You know, you get your players back that some of the guys got got hurt in the early part of the season that it just can't they're coming back. So if you can get everything working like about right now, Uh, that's that's good. That's that's that's good for you and your team. But if you out of it, man, you can't wait. You're like man, I've already packed my stuff up. I can't wait to get the hell out of his coal out here. You know, you're looking at that and as you're playing the killing point, you look at the clock, You're like.
Speaker 2: Man, we got a whole nother quarter of this crap.
Speaker 1: Situations too great.
Speaker 2: You don't even know how hard it is. You really don't.
Speaker 3: I mean, you come out there like you're gonna play with you like, man, yeah, man, I just can't wait for this to be over. They say, Man, I don't want to get hurt because don't want to be coming back here in the office. You have no treatment, you don't have to get you know, you have to get surgery. So you're just trying to stay healthy. And I was, I was. I was fortunate, you know, but I thank god, you know, I've never had a surgery ever still to this day. And uh, you know, I played on some good teams, and I played on some terr with teams. I was on a one fifteen team in Indianapolis, and brother, that is no fun. I mean when I say that, that is no fun.
Speaker 1: So how do you motivate yourself for the game. Let's let's knock these guys off. Let's take them out of the playoffs, or what do you do.
Speaker 3: I didn't even I don't even gonna go back there and think what I used to do because I don't know, because I was so frustrated. Man, You frustrated, you frustrated. It's like, let's just say, I think we played we used to We played the Patriots.
Speaker 2: It was late the season.
Speaker 3: You know, we kind of high. We we we you know, we know wein no good. We kick off what they do? Run the kickoff back. Oh, I'm all this game over already. You saw this game over? The kick off back.
Speaker 1: Nah.
Speaker 2: Man, it's hard to get motivated.
Speaker 1: All right, Uh, Ronnie, thank you, great work. Kevin, truly appreciate it. Eric, have a great Thanksgiving.
Speaker 2: These guys too. Every Thanksgiving you guys.
Speaker 1: Thanksgiving? All right, Rodney move be back tomorrow, right,