Speaker 1: Hey, it's Sandy and thanks for checking out the podcast edition of the show. Do me a solid and yourself a favor by tapping that follow button. Also like and subscribe. That way you get a notification when we put out a new episode, which is every single day.
Speaker 2: So here's today's podcast. Enjoy the biggest.
Speaker 3: Silence and bring you on your box money.
Speaker 2: Not shut up?
Speaker 4: Yeah you so.
Speaker 1: Love. The Sandy Show was brought to you by our bank. Count on our bank to meet your business or personal financial needs. It's more their services at www dot r dot bank. Remember FDIC kids, they never cease to amaze you. And our kid has done it again. We'll tell you what that is. And just a second, looks like a bit of a cooling trend, Tricia, Right, Hi, today's gonna be ninety one.
Speaker 2: That's gonna feel cooler. It is gonna be noticeably cooler.
Speaker 5: It sounds silly to say we're in a cooling trend in the nineties still, but my god, it's better than what's been happening lately.
Speaker 1: If you're looking forward to Longhorn football this weekend at dk R thirty percent chance of rain, they say, right now, you know what I mean it's tough to predict that far out high ninety one on Saturday for football, but there may be a shower that probably.
Speaker 2: Will not last very long, probably right.
Speaker 1: So you can hear all the games here right here on one oh three point one, Austin's eighties station, of course, streaming on the iHeartRadio app. And you can ask Alexa to play as well, Just say Alexa, play Weell three point one, Austin's eighties station on iHeartRadio. So our daughter over the summer, she and a group of her friends started a rock and roll band, that's what they did. And they practiced a handful of times over the summer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe four times. Yeah, they've got five in the band, is that right. I think there's five of them, yes.
Speaker 1: Right, And they've got guitar, bass, drummer, lead singer. I mean they're all girl rock and roll band.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Godfather Godfather is the name of the all girl rock and roll band, which is very fun. The Godfather Godfather came to one of the girls in a dream.
Speaker 2: And that's what they are.
Speaker 1: And they had her rotc her junior ROTC unit had a Veterans Park cleanup, which they do several times a year and then they have a barbecue afterwards.
Speaker 2: It's big get together and Godfather performed. They did. They performed for the first time.
Speaker 5: They got all their stuff set up, and I'm going to let you know that the crowd went wild, wi the parents and the cadets and everybody who was there. I have video there singing along to the songs. They're clapping, they're loving it, they're shouting out. The girls sounded great. Let's just clarify.
Speaker 2: People are like, oh, my daughter, she has a band. It sounds so good.
Speaker 5: Parents, of course, were always gonna say that their kid is doing something that you guys, it really sounds good. In fact, Landry said, the first song that they rehearsed, she played it for their senior chief and his mouth dropped open.
Speaker 2: And he was like, holy crap, that's good.
Speaker 5: And he was the one who said, you guys have to play at the Veterans Veterans Park picnic.
Speaker 2: They didn't ask to. He basically told them they had to. They're good.
Speaker 5: Their little drummer Jewels Jewels can tear it out. She can, yeah, she can.
Speaker 1: I was I was amazed, and they did the I don't I I finally asked Ady who's picking these songs? Because then she goes, do you know the mama's and the papas. I go she said, you know this song California Dreaming. I go by them Mama's in the papas and she goes, yeah, she goes, we're do that one too.
Speaker 2: How old are you get? Yeah, they did one Figurette Dreams.
Speaker 5: It is a newer one, but everybody knew it and I love it. It's a eight song. Yeah, I think it. Kimmy picks them, I think the lead singer, I believe, and then they all just kind of agree. But there if they keep practicing, they will keep getting better, like they could have fun little rock and roll.
Speaker 1: Bands, and it will always be the rock and roll band. It's not just gonna be the band. I want them to do Jim Coachy bad bad Le, Roy Brown.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Do you think they will? No?
Speaker 1: No, but I think they should because it's a great song. It's one of my favorites. But it's one of those things you encourage, but you don't push on them. Right right, they're loving it. I don't think they have any parental support, not support, but.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she they practice in Jules the drummer in Jules's grandparents garage. Yeah, and they all get driven over there and then parents come and pick the kids up and drive them home.
Speaker 2: But they're just out in the garage.
Speaker 5: And Jules's grandmother was there at the picnic and she and she apparently was surprised to it how good they are. And she goes, you know, I think they need to move in and practice in our TV room. It's just a little hot in the garage, is.
Speaker 2: Great, Grandma, right, I think it's great. It's good.
Speaker 1: So it's fun that they've got a lot going on, a lot and a great program too that they've got with the junior arities.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Really, we're got a lot of them. They're all kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so y'all look out, Godfather, they're going to be hitting the scene soon. Stick around. We've got more coming up. I'd like to send a shout out to Angels Restaurants in Spicewood, Okay, really cool place. You've been there?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I had dinner with my buddy more there the other night. That's such a cool place. And they figured it out that's the perfect spot for that part of West Austin Lake Way spice Wood for families.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it has a little outdoor a venue. My buddy Moore Neil, he goes.
Speaker 1: They figured it out like we bring your kids, we've got them caged in because there's a big fence around.
Speaker 5: The whole thing and the whole place. They can't wander into the parking lad or anything and more.
Speaker 1: And I were sitting there eating dinner and I saw this one little dude. I mean, he'd maybe been walking for three months, right, and he was running along and he just ate it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Phase first, Mom and dad were not paying any attention, and he laid there and he'd looked back like mom and dad gonna say anything. They didn't say anything. My man got up and dusted hisself off and just kept on going. You know that if mom or dad had come over.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, are you okay? Are you okay? He would have started crying.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, when the kid's falled down, they look at mom and dad to see what their reaction is, to figure out how they're going to react exactly.
Speaker 2: So really really cool place.
Speaker 1: Also want to send a shout out Landry and I went to Golfinity, which is a really cool place. It's on six point twenty just to the south of one eighty three between one ay three and Anderson Mill. It's an indoor golf simulator place, really really cool and when it's this hot and you want to hit a few golf balls, yeah, it's it's awesome. They've got a full bar and restaurant and you can play all kinds of different courses on the simulator.
Speaker 2: That was fun. We had a good time. Landry is showing an interest in golf, which is great that she kind of has an inclination to it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she does. She's taken to it very very well. So shout out to those guys at Golfinity. They were really really nice. They showed us how everything worked and it's all computerized.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's cool, very cool. Our text line coming in handy, Trisha put you out of your misery, it did.
Speaker 1: You can text us anytime at seven three seven three zero one ninety six hundred. That's seven three, seven three zero one ninety six hundred. And thank you very very very much to the listener that put me out of my misery by texting and telling me the name of an alcoholic drink that I could not remember the name of from the nineties that I said was like the first white Claw, the first type of one of those Seltzer drinks that are so incredibly popular right now.
Speaker 2: Have you ever tried a white Claw? I never have. I have no interest you, No, not even curiosity. Not really.
Speaker 5: I don't know if it's not like a doctor Pepper or sprite. I don't like anything super bubbly like that.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, yeah, so I'm not all right. Well, what we're talking about is this drink that came along in the mid nineties early nineties. Couldn't remember what it was called, and I got it. We got a text message from someone and it said Zema.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh my gosh, you're thinking of I believe yes.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh. I could not remember that to save my life. Zeema came out in ninety three.
Speaker 2: Ninety three. It was all a part of the clear craze. Oh is that what it was?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Clear alcoholic drinks. Is it still around? I didn't even look it up.
Speaker 5: I don't know. Let's see. Let me let me look and see if you can still get a Zema and buy some way that Zeema beer twelve twelve pack eight ninety no six pack eight ninety nine.
Speaker 2: Really, yeah, Zema's still around.
Speaker 1: I have to google it because I can't remember what it looked like, but I know it was unique.
Speaker 5: It was clear, No, I mean the bottling. Yeah, clear, a bottle with just a blue label.
Speaker 2: That's it. Yep, that's it.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 2: It tasted all awful.
Speaker 5: But people drank it like it was the best thing they've ever had because it was new and different, not unlike the Tesla cyber truck.
Speaker 2: That's what it is. Refreshing citrus beverage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, eight ninety nine for a sixer of that, No, thank you.
Speaker 2: No, the headaches, the hangovers.
Speaker 1: Yeah that they were way ahead of everyone. I'm shocked they're still around.
Speaker 2: I know, I really am too. You can buy it a Safeway.
Speaker 5: Oh they're still safe way yeah price Safeway is still around Albert Albertsons.
Speaker 2: That's where we used to buy like her in college, the Albertsons when you weren't stealing it from convenience stores. Did that too? Yeah? Hood it?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Did you ever? Yahoo?
Speaker 5: No heard about it. I never participated in it. Those illegal Yahoo, he is.
Speaker 1: It's a rite of passage for teenage boys, young boys to go into a seven to eleven store and grab a twelver in each hand and run out the Dora scream and Whooo.
Speaker 5: You can't do that now though, because back then there weren't the security cameras that can pitch your face out there.
Speaker 2: You'll get caught after the fact, and I gotta catch you. Yeah, they are gonna catch it. You're gonna come after you for a case of beer in Indy.
Speaker 5: So if our kid walked in and she was like, hey, just so you know, we're going to steal a case of beer tonight, my girls and I, you'd be allow'll.
Speaker 2: Go for it.
Speaker 1: Why, I'd say, don't get caught, don't get get caught, don't get God caro, I don't care. Coming up in just a moment. If you are just joining us, here's a little bit of what you missed. If we played a funny clip from parents that took their kids to see their original Alien in nineteen seventy nine. One dad thought it was a great idea because this could be the future, not kidding. Also, we were how the stranded astronauts are not coming home for eight months and that it's not headline news everywhere. Yeah, nobody's talking about that. And Tricia told us, in a very long explanation, what all chicks check out on a guy body face and personality.
Speaker 2: A one word answer, Sandy, let's do care. I don't care. What do you have?
Speaker 5: All right, Sandy, We're gonna start out easy. Do you care or don't care? To find out what the new flavor of donut is that Krispy Kreme is adding.
Speaker 2: You tell me doctor pepper flavor to donut. Oh I meant tell me if I care. Oh I thought you meant tell me. I busted out of me.
Speaker 5: I'm sing sorry to Pepper donut, doctor pepper flavored donut.
Speaker 1: About my friend of mine that I used to love to drink beer and eat donuts at the same time.
Speaker 2: No, that's that's strange. That was this thing.
Speaker 5: But let's get back to the doctor Pepper donut. I'm excited about that. As a doctor Pepper.
Speaker 1: I don't think it'll taste like doctor Pepper. It won't taste like a soda. Think the Lipsmacker didn't taste like it.
Speaker 2: Oh it did too, No, it absolutely did.
Speaker 1: Smacked that stuff all over her lips when I kissed her. It didn't taste like talking.
Speaker 2: Maybe why doctor Pepper.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's coke in my in my neighborhood is probably mister Pipps.
Speaker 2: What's the poor man's Doctor Pepper or Shasta?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Rip off of it?
Speaker 5: All right, Well, I'm going to check out Krispy Kreme's Doctor Pepper flavored donut.
Speaker 2: Let me know how that goes for you.
Speaker 5: I will again, I'm going to check out the doctor Pepper flavored donuts in the movie Sandy. Do you care or don't care to find out what the new, hands down most irritating trend of twenty twenty four is.
Speaker 1: If you hadn't said hands down, ye, I wouldn't have cared. But since you said hands down, yeah, I mean okay, you.
Speaker 2: Gotta care about it.
Speaker 5: If the new trend among influencers is to take staged glamour shots of their neatly filled TSA trays while they're going through airport security, can I say.
Speaker 2: I say something about that? Yeah?
Speaker 1: God helped the influencer that does that in front of them, right, because I will take that cart and I will smack you in the head with.
Speaker 2: Oh and then you're gonna go to jail, but it'll be worth it. Wow, the TSA people be cheering me. I be happy it's a photograph.
Speaker 5: The big blue or gray bucket that you said on there and you have to take your shoes and go out and everything out of your pocket. Influencers are taking time to stage them in the bottom of the bucket, line them up, make them look right, take photos and upload them to.
Speaker 1: Sure people that don't realize they're not the only person in the world.
Speaker 5: Right, And when TSA was asked about it, they're like, all right, it's fine as long as it doesn't cause delays. It's just a matter of time before somebody slaps the crap out of an influencer trying to do this in front of them, because they're not going to be concerned about whether or not they're causing a delay. They're going to be more concerned about their post.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I will say something.
Speaker 5: Oh sad sack, Come on. And finally, some people did not get spank disk kids. And you can tell Kara don't care to find out what a woman did in order to catch male thieves who kept stealing her mail.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do care about that. She bought an.
Speaker 5: Apple air tag, set it then mailed it to herself. When the thieves stole her mail, she tracked them with her Apple air tag to their house.
Speaker 2: They get arrested. A trap. It works as a trick and a trap air tag track. I like it.
Speaker 1: I have two air tags, don't know what to do with I did it because Landry needed a couple for her stuff, and you could buy four for cheaper.
Speaker 2: I I'll always find a use for one. Yeah, you know what I mean. So maybe I'll put it in your car. Don't you track me? Sandy let me over the bank.
Speaker 5: Landry put one in her new wallet and on her AirPods or something like that. And now constantly throughout the day, I'll get you've got your tracker near you.
Speaker 2: I got that.
Speaker 5: She turned it off for me, but I'll no. Don't think I want no. It's like a mission. It was like an Apple air tag mission.
Speaker 2: I like. That's kared, don't care.
Speaker 1: She's trust So I'm standing Moore coming up on one oh three point one Austin's eighty station and on your smart device, just say play one oh three point one Austin's eighty station on iHeartRadio. It's the Sandy Show and we are thrilled to be partners with our bank. Take the step to open your account online at www dot r dot bang. Remember fdic hey thanks for being with us. We appreciate it. If you're a brand new listener, welcome to the show. Where you've been you finally found the right one? You've been punching all over the dial. Not happy with that? Not happy with that? That's not good. I don't like that.
Speaker 2: Here you are, and here we are, and now you've settled, you've found your radio home. Welcome homes.
Speaker 1: A wonderful feeling to be able to get into your car and turn something on that you know you're going to like, uh.
Speaker 5: Huh, or on your phone you're in your house while you're getting dressed on your Alexa.
Speaker 1: All right, So welcome to the fam kids, still saying fam?
Speaker 2: I think so.
Speaker 5: And if you guys, just a little housekeeping. If y'all aren't going to be able to tune in, just let us know, yes on for a while, do you worry?
Speaker 2: Trisha gets worried like a mother.
Speaker 5: Hen I know, So just let us know if you're going to be away for a while, when we can expect you back.
Speaker 2: I know, do that please? I know? Because Joe and Elko was missing all last.
Speaker 5: Week, right, there were some of our listeners went a while without commenting on some of our stuff, and I was like, we need to check on them.
Speaker 1: Oh I know, I know, but they're kind of back in the grooves too because kids are back in school, right and stuff like that. So welcome back, friends, We're glad you're here. He's your day audio file. All right, you want to hear about a husband calling competition that happened at the State Fair of Tennessee. I don't know, this is going to hurt your ears. You might want to take your headphones off. But this happened. Had enough.
Speaker 2: That's horrible. It's great though. It's not going to make him come running. We can go the other direction.
Speaker 1: It's going to make him go to the bar. Probably what it's going to happen. This is kind of weird. There is a an apartment police, apartment company bit you know, complex that's trying to go after fifteen thousand dollars on a woman's least because she died.
Speaker 2: Yeah, here's her son.
Speaker 6: The fact that they're attacking coming after the next of ken who quite honestly, we loved her mom, who we're still grieving, and all they care about is the money. And we went to the apartment complex, spoke with the leasing manager. He told us that he would use the security deposit towards the cleaning and turning over the apartment, and that they would terminate the lease. They want the rest of the about a years long worth of rent. That's a dead person. Yeah, that's claiming she broke her lease.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's something in the work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, maybe charge until they get a new renter and the.
Speaker 2: Rest of the year.
Speaker 5: Normally, if you break a lease, you have to pay either until they get a new renter or like three.
Speaker 2: Months or something. But that's yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: Big sign war. I love this. This is happening in Moorhead City, North Carolina. They're taking playful shots at each other on their marquees and sounds on their signs out front. Here's a couple of the guys that are doing at Clark Merrill of Dank Burrito and Sam Turnage of Annie's Grill and bar.
Speaker 2: On the sign. I had Happy Birthday, Jeff for twenty six days roughly.
Speaker 5: And I just you know, I put up Yanni's quit being lazy, change your sign.
Speaker 2: And I responded with, we're not lazy, We're just busier than you.
Speaker 3: Because it started with these I guess now all the way down there, there's all the all the different restaurants messing with each other.
Speaker 6: I think there's probably over seventy businesses that's chimed in.
Speaker 1: Since I'm gonna keep it going as long as I can.
Speaker 2: That's great for all those businesses. That's fun.
Speaker 5: So along this one strip, seventy different businesses are giving each other crap to other businesses on their signs.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of pressure to come up with something on their sign though, every single.
Speaker 2: Day, right. I think that's great. That'd be fun.
Speaker 1: That's our daily audio filestick around more coming up. Your first chance to win a trip for two to the twenty twenty four iHeartRadio Music Festival and a one thousand dollars gift card is coming up at nine o'clock.
Speaker 2: Hey, it's Sandy, and.
Speaker 1: I'd like to tell you about an amazing offer from my friends at King Garof these guys have been serving Central Texas for more than twenty years, and they know everything when it comes to roofing. Their teams of professional advisors, they only recommend what customers actually need, and what they're recommending a lot right now is something called attic Breeze. When's the last time you went up into your attic, you know what that was like. It was hotter than hell up there. Well, that heat is not only uncomfortable, but it can really really strain your air conditioning underneath it. The Attic Breeze is a specialized ventilation tool that circulates the stale, really hot air and then the results are more comfortable attic for the next time. You need to grab those boxes, but lower utility bills as well. And because it's sold by kingar Roof, you can feel confident they can explain the benefits, take care of installation, you name it. Find them online at Kingaroof dot com.
Speaker 2: I see who knew.
Speaker 1: That we had so much in common with Dolly Parton and her husband?
Speaker 2: Right right, yeah, don't it.
Speaker 1: Listen to what Dolly Parton had to say when someone ask her for me marriage advice.
Speaker 2: It's genius and it's very very smart. Stay gone as much as you can. I've been married for tears. I've been home about forty five of those.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: Actually, you need to have respect to love for each other. You need to be good for instance, you need to stay gone. You need to stay gone. Yeah, stay apart that whole saying absence makes the heart grow fonder. It's true. It's true. Yeah, but you don't ever miss me. When I was gone for a year in Cincinnati, didn't miss me at all.
Speaker 5: I mean I saw you and talked to you all the time. When you were gone, I missed you. I saw you four or five times. But I'm just saying you and I when we were dating, even married, like one of us was gone for the weekend at least one weekend out of every month of sindbike.
Speaker 1: Yeah, plan your own vacations. If you're married, go vacation with your friends, right, Yeah. I mean, but Dally says you have to be friends to be married.
Speaker 2: I mean we're friendly. We're friendly. That's right, We're friendly.
Speaker 1: But we've said it a million time and have no shame in saying Tricia is not my best friend.
Speaker 5: We did not have today, I marry my best friend on our wedding invitations.
Speaker 2: We just did not because we weren't. We weren't best friends. You have a best friend, I have a best friend.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 5: Meanwhile, did you know that Dolly and her husband Carl Dean, they got married on May thirtieth.
Speaker 2: Birthday?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I knew that they had some significance exactly.
Speaker 5: They've been married fifty eight years, she's been gone for forty.
Speaker 2: Five of them. I have of it. That's why it works.
Speaker 1: Her husband just sitting home. What's his name, Carl Dean. Money out the money, that's all money. You need to go back out to work. Daddy wants a new truck. Daddy needs a new truck. Goh, sing nine to five for some people.
Speaker 5: Please to bring in a crap ton of money. Just sing it once and we'll just get more residuals. And the other thing that we say, every married couple should do separate bedrooms.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, sleep in separate beds. Yep.
Speaker 5: If one of the other one snores, or if one of them's a violent sleeper, huh oh and the other one's a light sleeper, don't have fights in the middle of the night and both be tired the next day.
Speaker 2: We stop sleeping in the same bed fifteen years ago, and.
Speaker 1: Out the off chance that there's a young couple listening to us right now that's getting married. Let me tell you the truth. Married couples do not lay in bed and cuddle and go to sleep. What happens is one gets in bed, they say good night, one flips over falls sound asleep. The other one stays up and flips through reels till two in the.
Speaker 2: Morning, nor watches TV. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Hey friends, that's it for today. Make sure that you'd like and subscribe and follow this podcast. Also follow us on Instagram at the Sandy Show. Official Facebook is at the Sandy Show Radio. Have a great day.