Speaker 1: Candidate Your Decision twenty twenty four sty show, a failed vice President and a failed administration.
Speaker 2: Fifty five Cares the talk station eight o five, the fifty five kr CD talk station.
Speaker 3: It's my distinct pleasure to welcome back to the fifty five KARS Morning Show with a heavy heart and call condolences from all my listening audience. Congressman Thomas Massey, a real pleasure to have you back on, sir, been missing you, and of course from my listening audience, my family of the yours are sincere, sincere condolences on your loss, sir, welcome.
Speaker 4: Back, Thank you, Brian.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry they're mowing the grass outside my studio right now.
Speaker 2: Hopefully the moor will go back.
Speaker 4: Listen.
Speaker 1: My wife, my late wife, she was a big fan of yours, and thank goodness she listened to you when I didn't, because there were a couple of times in the last ten years where you would say, up next, Thomas Massy.
Speaker 4: I wasn't even aware I was supposed to be on your show.
Speaker 2: God bless it.
Speaker 1: She would call me up Ryan, Thomas thinks you're gonna be on his show at five minutes and I'd be in DC or something, and you know, all of our fail safes failed. Normally we have this down on my calendar and staff reminds me. But she was our last line of defense, and she really enjoyed your show, really enjoyed listening to you, and she would listen to what was going on and always let me know what I needed to know.
Speaker 3: Oh that's just God bless her, God bless hers. So anyways, I can hear the emotion in your voice. I certainly understand it. So with that, I will allow you to pivot away to something I know you're also emotional about, and that's the state of America and the current situation. I just wanted to get your reaction on since it's been a while since we talked, so much has happened between the attended assassination of Donald Trump, of course, the coup a tad that was waged against o'biden, Kamala Harris now going from an also ran couldn't get a single Democrat to vote for to now the best thing that's ever happened to the Democrat Party as well as America. What's your reaction all there's sort of on a general speaking level, and of course you know specifics are welcome as well.
Speaker 1: Congressman, Well, I got just share a funny story with you.
Speaker 4: This Saturday.
Speaker 1: I went and picked up my raw milk from my Amish supplier. And he didn't even know that Joe Biden wasn't running for president. And he asked me if it was true that Trump had been shot at, And I thought, man, I think that's right.
Speaker 4: That's maybe what bliss is.
Speaker 1: To be so far removed from this craziness.
Speaker 3: Maybe a good a good argument for being a ludite there, Congressman, right issue, if you want to be religious about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well then I tried to. He's like, but didn't they have an election to elect Joe Biden as their candidate. I'm like, yeah, but that doesn't matter to them.
Speaker 4: They basically had a coup since then. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Really, And he didn't disbelieve any of that. Ask Bernie Sanders, is not the same. It's not the first time the Democrats have done this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So, you know, that's the way I'm characterizing it. I don't think he went along quietly with that coup. I think, you know, it was just so odd that he was not making a public appearance and everybody else was making this announcement for him that he was no longer the candidate. Man, it feels like Banana republic type stuff the way they did that.
Speaker 3: I would say, it is Banana republic like stuff they did, and then the Democrats don't have any say in it.
Speaker 2: That's what I said earlier in the program. Congressman.
Speaker 3: I asked he that I would love and you know, I know it's a dream we've all had from time to time. I just would love the climb into the heads of the Democrats collectively, just to see what their reaction to being left out of the process. I know that I personally would want to participate in the primary, have some choice in it. And I know personally that if you know, I was a Democrat and I can put my self in the position of a Democrat understand their philosophy from time to time, but not the far left socialist come communist wing of the party, which is where she came from. I would have gone with a Shapiro as opposed to Tima, you know, because he is from the far left of the party, so they no say the matter none.
Speaker 4: He is from the far left.
Speaker 1: He served in the House of Representatives, so I know him from there. And he was a leftist then, but he's gone even further left since he left the House of Representatives. I think it's interesting they are they're going all in. They've already done a press conference where they say they want to ban AR fifteen's, you know, they want to stop any transfer of firearms between relatives.
Speaker 4: They're going all in.
Speaker 1: They are leaning in on a leftist agenda in this campaign now. Is that is the signal they are sending to their base. The media will not portray them as that. No, the media will portray them as as let's say, normal, and us as weird.
Speaker 4: Which is what they're doing.
Speaker 3: They find that so juvenile, weird. You know, name calling happens when you don't have any arguments against you know, logic and reason and policy and things of that nature. Let's just boil it down. We'll just start calling them weird.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: And Jade Vance is one of the most normal people in politics.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a good point.
Speaker 1: By the way, he sent me before he was named vice the vice president nominee. He he and I text back and forth. We are in sync on a lot of issues and and and somewhat outside of the Republican mainstream Party on some of these issues he and I together, like, for instance, opposing our participation in Ukraine. He's been he's been strong on that anti war in that respect. But he and also he and I also teamed up on opposing something called the REPO Act. Now, and let me explain what the REPO Act is. Ostensibly, this sounds like a great idea. We're gonna we're gonna seize the sovereign wealth as assets of Russia that are in the United States, and we're gonna take those assets and buy bombs and kill Russians with the sovereign assets that Russia has here in the United States. Well that's that sounds all good to a lot of people. But what are the assets that the Russians have in the United States. They are treasury bonds. So basically, instead of calling it the REPO Act, we should call it the Default Act.
Speaker 4: And JD. Vance is smart enough.
Speaker 1: You know, he was in the investment community after he graduated from Yale and served in the military. He was I think venture capitalists, and that's another area where you know, I was asking venture capitalists for money, went for my business when I got out of school, and.
Speaker 4: Raised venture capitals.
Speaker 1: So I'm familiar with that, but he has an understanding of money and second order of effects, and he knows as well as I know that if you start defaulting on your debt to some of the countries that have purchased your debt, the price of financing your debt is going to go up right, And that is what we are seeing people.
Speaker 3: You know, it's like your bond rating going down right correct.
Speaker 1: And we're putting we're pushing it down ourselves. And so Great Britain knows we're not going to default on treasury notes if they buy some of our treasury notes, but China buys some of our treasuries, okay, and if they know that as soon as you know, we get in a tip for tat over Taiwan, that part of the escalation is going to be what we're trying to do with Russia, which is default on our debt. Then they have to they have to factor that in to when they purchase a treasury bond, or they have to factor that in the fact that they may not get they may not get any money back for it, so that causes them to demand higher interest rates.
Speaker 3: Well, why and why would we, I guess arguably shoot ourselves in the foot by doing that, because without China loaning us money, we can't maintain the current economy. It's sone of it. It's just a twisted, twisted state of affairs we find ourselves living in.
Speaker 4: Well. And also we got a sweetheart deal.
Speaker 1: When people borrow our money and then we inflate it. They we're basically they're getting very little return, if any at all.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 4: On the on the.
Speaker 3: Don't say that out loud though, because they might quit loaning it to it.
Speaker 1: Well, here's and here's the net of all of this. It's what what does this mean to your listeners? It means that interest rates on your mortgage are going to stay high. You know, you'd like to think that the Fed has control of this, or a lot of people would like to think.
Speaker 4: I'd like to think the Fed should go away. But if you if you like.
Speaker 1: To pretend that the Fed is controlling interest rates right now, that you would most people would like to see them lower them a little bit to get some relief on their car loan or on their variable rate mortgage, or they're trying to move from one neighborhood to another to get a better job. But that would require selling their house and getting another mortgage at a higher interest rate. There are lots of ways that high interest rates hurt the economy, and people are thinking that the FED is going to lower interest rates at some point, but the reality is they might be able to squeeze it down half a percent or a percent, they can't go any lower than that because we've already made enough sovereign countries their investments skittish enough that they are demanding higher rates for our fifteen and thirty year notes. And anyways, Backing this all back up, jd Vance recognizes that, and he and I have been trying to be vocal about this because the REPO Act is very populist notion that people are general in favor of, but it's the second order effects of it are going to be detrimental to our economy. So jd Vance sent me a very nice text about Rondo when she passed away, and I sent him a note back and told him that his book was an inspiration to Ronda and I because we both started in eastern Kentucky as we grew up as hillbillies. We were raised as hillbillies, and we're still proud hillbillies. But They taught us the three rs in Eastern Kentucky, reading, writing, and Route twenty three, which you know. And my brother and sister both took Route twenty three. They both live in Ohio. They went there to get better job opportunities, and that sort is the story of eastern Kentucky. But my wife and I, you Jade Vance, from very humble beginnings. He and he did this using I think a military scholarship or something. But he went to Yale and his book he talks about the culture shock that he went true. And I told JD that my wife and I had that very same experience coming from Eastern Kentucky.
Speaker 4: Going to and going to MI.
Speaker 2: I t I imagine.
Speaker 1: I mean, look when I got to Cambridge, Massachusetts, which is basically they they are full out socialists there. They're not democrats. The first crosswalk I went through on Massachusetts Avenue, a car honked at me, and I thought, oh my gosh, I've been here what four hours, and already run into somebody that knows me. So I waved at the car that was honking at me, and they were not waving back with more than one finger.
Speaker 2: I knew that was coming.
Speaker 3: I just I started laughing before you got to the meat of the story.
Speaker 1: But people say, oh, that is not true, and I said, oh, not only is that true, it took me a month to quit waving at cars because for eighteen years that was my instinct. The only reason a car would hank it a person is because it's hard to see through the windshield for the person, the pedestrian, and that person in that car knows the pedestrian and wants to say hi.
Speaker 2: Exactly.
Speaker 1: So anyways, I've I've told JD Vance's story got a good kick out of it. But I also told him that he's appropriated my culture, that I'm the real hillbilly. He's from Ohio and I'm his he'll billy cousins he spent the summer with.
Speaker 5: In fact, I grew up in a town called Vanceburg. Oh how about that, Well, I'll tell you what. Let's pause, a Congressman. We will have a couple of minutes when we come back. I really want to get into foreign policy if we can, because it does appear as though World War three is getting ready to break out. Congressman Thomas Masha, let's pause will bring it right back. I get a quick word here for doctor Fred Pack and doctor Meghan Frew, the dynamic duo of dentistry. You're in the best possible hands for both general dentistry and cosmetic dentistry. Doctor Fred Pack and a credited Fellow with the American Academy at Cosmetic Dentistry, and only one of three in the entire state of Ohio. It's a state filled with dentist He's only one of three in the entire state that's achieved the status of Fellowship with the American Academy at Cosmetic Dentistry. And there is good reason for that, stunning life changing smile makeovers. You're in the best possible hands for cosmetic dentistry with doctor Pack, doctor Fruz working under accreditation with the American Academy. You're of the best possible hands across the board for all things dentistry. My entire famili's general dentists, and they do a wonderful job. They're always called the cutting edge of dentistry for the purpose of benefiting you, the client. So check them out of the patient, I should say, call him up, schedule employment. You'd be glad you did five one, three, six, two, one seventy six sixty six. Tom Brian said, Hi sixty one, seventy six, sixty six online, it's Packpeck Pecksmiles dot com.
Speaker 3: Fifty five KRC and iHeartRadio Station, the exclusive audio home on NBC's coverage of the twenty twenty four Paris Olympics.
Speaker 2: I am the real quick weather here.
Speaker 3: Maybe an isolated shower, but it's going to be mostly thirty eighty one, few clouds over night sixty seven, eighty eight the High with isolated afternoon showers tomorrow, a few clouds every night down to seventy and a partly Sunday Friday with a slight chance of showers eighty six for the High right now seventy four and time for traffic.
Speaker 2: From the UCL Tramping Center.
Speaker 6: Nearly sixty percent of Americans winding on an organ transplant from multicultural communities give the Gift of Life. Sign up today to be an organ donor. Westbound Reagan Highway continues to be a slow go after playing field to an accident before Ridge southbound seventy five, A few break lights at Union Center, then a few more in and out of Lackman, and an extra five northbound seventy five's over a fifteen minute delayed between Florence and downtown Chucking, Vermont, fifty five KRS the talk station.
Speaker 3: Hey twenty one thirty about KRCD talk station. It is a very special ones here in the fifty five KRC Morning show listener launched Jim and Jacks, the whole bunch of people coming, including World War two veteran. We also have Jenna Paul Tanner coming up next, and he is listening right now. We've already logged into the zoom call with the Judge I do at eight thirty, so he is listening intently to us speak because you know, Judge Napoulton is a huge fan of Congressman Thomas Massey. Pivoting over to foreign policy, Congressman Massey, what in the hell is going on?
Speaker 4: Well, what is.
Speaker 1: Going on is unconstitutional if they go through with it, they're threatening strikes on a sovereign country, Iran, that the US would participate in in some form or fashion. I'm sorry, this requires a.
Speaker 2: Vote that congression of war, declaration.
Speaker 1: Of war clearly in the Constitution. Amen, And it's that simple, and they're breaking the constitution. And what really disappoints me is there many members of my own party who are quite alright with that. I remember a few years ago I was in a back room GOP conference where the entire caucus of Republicans that are in the House of Representatives was meeting, and we were talking about this dilemma of what to do with Iran and the war powers of Congress, and one of my Republican colleagues got up suggested to the speaker that we pre declare war with Iran, not that they hadn't done anything yet that would justify war, but if we would pre declare war with Iran, then if Obama wanted to strike Iran, we wouldn't be getting in the way of him doing that.
Speaker 3: What article of the Constitution does that does that clause come in to pre declaration?
Speaker 1: Well, I've said, you know, there's a balanced budget amendment offered in Congress many years and it's got an exemption for war.
Speaker 4: And I said, the problem with this.
Speaker 1: If we make a balanced budget exemption or balance budget amendment to the Constitution with an exemption for war, the first day of every Congress will adopt a rules package, elect a speaker and declare war and like Upper Madagascar and rent of someplace to bomb there and be real polite about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now that's funny, but it's also true. It is true true. I mean, look at just used COVID funds for example, look at where money for COVID nineteen landed. I mean it landed at every place, landed, roads, bridges, infrastructure projects, you know, keeping different programs alive that had nothing what's over to do with the pandemic or anything related to it. It's just been this big cash cow, go move kind of product, a thing that's well also subject for fraud, waste and abuse. But moving back to the military component about and something judged Upaul Atana and I have talked about regularly over the years. Authorization for use of military force. Isn't that like a declaration of war without declaring war? I mean, what the hell is that? And how is it that they can last for twenty years? We've got some that are still ongoing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and they are not They are not constrained or defined geographically.
Speaker 4: Like the War on Terror.
Speaker 1: It's basically an open ended, you know, carte blanche permission to do anything anywhere on the globe if you can invoke the term terror.
Speaker 3: Viking missiles in foreign lands that we have no no, no war going on with right.
Speaker 1: And this is why when they bring up these resolutions to declare let's say Iran a terrorist nation or North Korea a terrorist nation, I vote against them because if you take A and you understand B, you get c.
Speaker 4: C is war.
Speaker 1: And if you've got a global war on terror and Congress is now denoting more countries as terrorist countries are engaged in terrorist activities, then you have almost at that point already said we're going to have war with them. But we need to we need to end all of the au mfs, and we need to go back to declaring war. The other problem with an au m F. When you declare war, there needs to be an objective, and then you need to be all in and give your military the tools to get the job done and tell them when they get to come home, what the object you know, and they achieved certain objectives, what those objectives are?
Speaker 4: We don't do that anymore.
Speaker 3: Heaven forbid. We would actually have a clearly defined objective. Well, and you know, real quick here I must observe as I see war unfolding. I see now the Iranians are supplying drones. Iranians have longer range missiles which have accuracy, whereas it used to be the scud type missile. It's just sort of got launched like a bottle rocket and landed everywhere they wanted. They have all kinds of sophisticated technology. Hell, they're just a step or two away from getting a nuclear weapon. They view us as the terrorist, right and if they decide that some individuals responsible for the death of some other individual in Iran or some member of their military forces, I mean, we seem to be a moment in time away from just some missile coming out of nowhere, launched by the Iranians blowing up somebody's sitting in a cafe here in Cincinnati or anyplace else they might be in our.
Speaker 1: Land, which is why I mean they made they made fun of Ronald Reagan for you know, Star Wars Strategic Defense Initiative. We need basically to redouble our efforts on our own version of an iron Dome, and I just don't think we've done enough in that regard. Eventually, weapons are going to get more sophisticated. They can get hypersonic missiles. Now, we need to be prepared for that, and we're not. And I'll remind you this is not a partisan issue. I was one of three Republicans when Trump was president to vote for a resolution that said, if Trump wanted to go to war with Iran, he has to come to Congress first. The other was Matt Gates and then another guy from Florida who's no longer in Congress. And President Trump called me at that time encouraged me not to vote for that resolution.
Speaker 4: He said that.
Speaker 1: If I gave him, if Congress gave him the power to unilaterally go to war with Iran, then he could. Essentially when he said things, I won't call them bluffs, but when he said things, Tyrane, you do this, I'm going to do that, that his words would carry more weight and that he.
Speaker 4: Could keep us out of a war if his.
Speaker 1: Words carried more weight, if they knew that he could unilaterally take us to war. And I said that, you know, expedience, Yeah, I said, that could possibly be true. But let's say you tell them here's the red line and they crossed that line, then we're at war and Congress is not weighed in on it. I said, so I'm going to vote for this Democrat resolution to say you can't go to war without an Act of Congress, and the you know, because there was discussion of it at the time.
Speaker 2: Where are the Democrats with that position these days?
Speaker 1: Kind Oh yeah, I mean this is the I'm sorry, Brian, this is the bittersweet part of it. I know for the Democrats, For most of the Democrats, it was merely a partisan messaging thing. But uh, you know, we Mac Gates and I we got them to change the wording of their resolution because they were trying to condemn Trump's attack on Solemony. We said, you need to take that out of the wear ass clause. We're not going to litigate that. All we want to talk about is war with mainland Iran. And they did take that out of where as clause, and that was but it still was a political gesture on their part.
Speaker 4: They were double standard.
Speaker 3: Party Consman Thomas Massey again, I be having of all my listening audience and my family and me personally condolences on your loss. I am so pleased though to have you back on the morning show. Judgenth. Paulton has been listening intently. He's on next and you can stream the audio fifty five care Sea dot com sir and listen to what Judgment Poulton has to say about you.
Speaker 4: Hi there, Judge.
Speaker 1: Excited to have you on air, and thank you Brian for the card and the flowers that you sent.
Speaker 4: Really appreciate the.
Speaker 3: Least I could possibly do. You know, I love you and I love what you're doing for America. Keep up the great work and I'll look forward to having you back on the show real soon. Thank you, sir, Hey twenty nine fifty five KR seat Talk station. The Judge is up next and he is waiting first. Though MRI set scans echo cardigram ultra sounds, you're paying too much for you go to the hospital imaging department, and I mean way too much, like tenfold over what you would pay if you just went to affordable Imaging Services to get your SCAM MRI scan without a contrast four hundred and ninety five bucks, and it includes a radiologist support from a board certified radiologist, which you and your doctor will both get within forty eight hours. Four hundred and ninety five without a contrast. You would have cost you a hospital imaging department five thousand dollars maybe thirty five hundred dollars. You are in the thousands of dollars for something like I said you can get for a fraction contrast for an MRI. That's the most expensive image and affordable imaging services, and it's only six hundred and forty five bucks. When you get the contrast, you're gonna get a lot more money. Separate bill for the contrast at the imaging department of the hospital. So say no to your doctor. Tell him you know I I can go where I want. It's my medical care. I'm going to affordable imaging services five to one three seven, five three eight thousand, five one three seven, five three eight thousand. Learn more online Affordable Medimaging dot com fifty five KRC