Speaker 1: Best episodes in the life of Sherlock Holmes will be transmitted to women and women overseas by short waves and through the world wide.
Speaker 2: Facilities of the Armed Forces Radio Service. Petray Line brings your.
Speaker 1: Idel Rock Phone and Nigel Brooke and many adventures of Sherlock Home, the Petrick family, the family that took time to bring you good wine.
Speaker 2: Invite you to.
Speaker 1: Listen to Doctor Watson tell us another exciting adventure he shared with his old friend that master Detective Sherlock Home. Well, here's the patio of doctor Watson's Northern California bungalow.
Speaker 3: But where's the doctor. Okay, I'll be right there, Oh sitting by face?
Speaker 4: Pun?
Speaker 3: No, doctor, here's my voice, I sun. Now here's the change.
Speaker 5: It never occurred to you, stupid the expressions of a gold fishes.
Speaker 1: But I can't say I've ever get a much blood, doc.
Speaker 5: Why, well, look at this foolish little pillow here with his silly little mass opening and closing as though he were being constantly astonished.
Speaker 2: For what is it I that you are official lover?
Speaker 5: Yes I am. But as I was booting over Tonight's story that the gold fish seemed to be making faces at me as though it were trying to remind me of how my face must have looked on a certain June evening in eighteen hundred nights.
Speaker 1: It says to be as if you're going to tell a story against yourself.
Speaker 2: That I am. I am young Colomelad.
Speaker 5: What happened one Sunday morning in eighteen nine year? I dropped bround to visit my friend in Baker Streets had and told me that he was out, but suggested that I wait in our old rooms for his return, and promised me a pot of strong tea and some buttered skun to the inducement, and I walked into the sitting room. I was a sonised to see Homes standing there a bag in one hand.
Speaker 1: And a coach the other.
Speaker 4: What might get that? Are?
Speaker 5: I'm fine? Homes tries to see you thought that you were out?
Speaker 2: I happy butting my kids. That's turned by my private entrance for some some necessary operators.
Speaker 5: Okay, I come with you. My wife's wiener and I practice is quite slack at the moment, not even my castor thing Watson.
Speaker 2: Can they come to me on this case business opera date? As nations hangs in the balance, kind of work alone.
Speaker 5: If I didn't need you like this to buy missus Hudson's making with some sea it's a but it's gone. Can't you wait and see them with me?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Good old Watson, you are the one six point in the Changing Age Empires.
Speaker 2: Maybe Coppering you talk up tea and butter's gone.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, I just going home to man. Don't look the channel, and.
Speaker 2: The time comes, I'll tell you all about the kids and you can write it up in your memoir. Goodbye.
Speaker 5: Let me got the inhabitor? Okay, what's gone? Him on and learn my advertise disappeared when mister holmesls, I couldn't get it sting you eat 'em all just the same. No, there's a point when you're.
Speaker 1: Going off inspect him to chide his own stairs.
Speaker 4: The tenters lit at home.
Speaker 1: But when I take him, it was out to inspect us, suf.
Speaker 4: He'd like to tease.
Speaker 5: He spend it off.
Speaker 4: Can you come up?
Speaker 2: Will you?
Speaker 1: Breezes and Hudson, I said, will you come up to the inspect.
Speaker 4: Can it duck me up?
Speaker 2: If you're not to come down?
Speaker 5: No, no, no, no, no, that you are. I really couldn't need them I've.
Speaker 2: Gone and make him I get the same.
Speaker 5: No, No, I don't know. I want to as far. Oh there you are a st It wasn't he'd a pretty kettle of fish and no mistake. Well, what's the troubles? I want miss roses up on the most important case. Where's he gone? He's ill?
Speaker 4: He could set up Well you know where he used that.
Speaker 5: I know where he used this child. My old friend never keeps me in the dark. But I'm not LIBERTICI that sight can and help you exactly. I'm familiar with my friend's measures.
Speaker 1: It's true, but just the same or world, doctor, two heads are always better than one, even if one is a sheep there.
Speaker 5: As the old mother used to say, are you just use im you've sent? No, I'm not suggesting anything, doctor, I'm just kidding you what my old mother, the fair will not interests, you know, mother used to say. And now you're the problem.
Speaker 4: It's simple enough.
Speaker 2: Doctor.
Speaker 5: A German diplomat, grand Otto von Eldensteh and his name is in England on a very stecret mission. Grand Otto. Well he's I've heard of him. Go continue this Van Elden's Stearns staying at the manor, I said, anton Wick.
Speaker 3: Not far out of London.
Speaker 5: This morning somebody sit past these guards and threw a bomb into his study. His tact.
Speaker 3: He was killed, and he would have been two.
Speaker 1: If it hadn't been that he'd let the room minutoury over.
Speaker 5: The secondhand investigations of little youth of staves. Put to go down to the manor house at hampton Wick and examine the situation on the spot. Get out at the timetable and put up an next train. Where and while you're doing that out going home, says Hudson. Where I'm going, Roger.
Speaker 3: Are got there?
Speaker 4: He coming down?
Speaker 5: And I was just bringing up to the scums who can dig of stones when an empire's talking, I said, Shure is.
Speaker 1: Doing quite where you're gone?
Speaker 2: Of course I am now listen, missus Hudson.
Speaker 5: If mister Holmes to return, Priest, tell him that I've gone to hampton Wick with an inspection of start to investigate and held those times business, the fun.
Speaker 4: Children stone business.
Speaker 1: I'm not plattering that, mister Holmes to you, and.
Speaker 2: I say, thank you, missus.
Speaker 4: Hurt, thank you. I'm assured that this comes up.
Speaker 5: Oh w well, w W, we'll worry about this will take him. Uh, there's a little straw to eat him. Ah, yes, yes, spose this is rather exciting. It's the same.
Speaker 3: I wish I knew what Home was doing it this moment you Uh half shell of cones.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if my presuming drop off thanking stems expecting me.
Speaker 4: He got hair horns. He was so anxious that you would come here to.
Speaker 2: The mine of high I had to meet to the outside, got his summons.
Speaker 4: He's very weak. He's got much blood from the injuries received this morning.
Speaker 2: Injurers that no one knows about it.
Speaker 5: Nine hair horns and the eye has all the faithful servant slows.
Speaker 4: Uh, a fell of 'em. Please, I would take you too, Hans.
Speaker 2: Is that your counts?
Speaker 4: Yeah, had drop and with me is has Charlotte horns.
Speaker 2: Uh, thank heaven you are here, Homes. I hope I can be a service. You say you can. You can be a place service. Sit close to my bed, Homes. I have much much strength to speek. I listen, I drop you. You must imprest inmate me now. So I got it when I received your message.
Speaker 5: I I am in.
Speaker 2: England and the most deadly kit and importance mission for the German governments is in a few weeks your governments once mine could conclude a tree to the outlining the chermanent where he spee or the English? Can I play and see obviously that don asiman this morning by someone who does not wish to see the tree to be concluded. Yeah, exactly, hear homes is. That's why you must fascinating me. In twenty four hours time, I should be well enough to resume my work. Eh. In the mean vibe, you can keep the secret of my injuries and also have the opportunity of finding the assassin. I am quite the fac want to take the in personation. The other term, how can I positive directly to see the members of your personal dat uh? With the exception of funds here when fourth five nine old Mayer who gets accused in the explosion but insured me my stock is new Uh. They have joined me here from the German consulate in London. They is able to believe that you are me better. They're Donald driving. I have felt that you're skill in the art of disguises. Ain't also it seems to me, uh they're not so uh unlike each other. Having about the comment on that back set that if they're I do with a mustache inside the whiskers will work one way. If I can make the accent, which is notably convincing, I I will coach you, my friends, and it help me notus of my Courtli Franks. If it's sometimes man there ye world have horns. And while I'm apprying my make up my glass, perhaps you will be so good as to give me the complete circumstances regarding this morning as attempt on your life. If I am to interponate your successfully, I might have all.
Speaker 4: The backs off.
Speaker 5: I think of it.
Speaker 4: I put their food, the vibe. I think I'm moving their homes.
Speaker 5: Even I can hardly pay you for my master.
Speaker 2: I'll get the week to put the finishing touch to my disgard. Have to look at your hair, God, cross side. I feel as if I am looking into a mirror and my accent you will find it reasonably convincing.
Speaker 4: Oh God, extremely so. They will play it once again.
Speaker 2: The air homes Yeah, haircloft. It keeps me the rightest pleasure or two. But you ask of me. The place keeps splendor, Their homes splendy, hey, can they not? I you gi?
Speaker 5: Two men are getting out.
Speaker 4: You can see them from the window here.
Speaker 2: Uh so he's probably off quit scot. It's what the shot flan succures have homes. One of them is a the Cirst friend of mine that he's my colleague. The other detective inspector from Scotton's.
Speaker 5: Job are You must keep up the deception, even.
Speaker 2: Miss your friends. As a matter of fact, my friend's investigations will prove an excellent map for my own search for your seven. But this is a delicious situation.
Speaker 4: Huh.
Speaker 2: I hope they won't recognize that I am God at von Hildenstein. Gentlemen, go for this to see me?
Speaker 5: How do you lose the lings watching doctor Watson?
Speaker 2: And this is inspector rest got near the inspector, Doctor Button, May I ask if I have the great distinction of autist? Indeed, doctor Button find that Shelock Holmes.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, that is what you love me?
Speaker 2: Uh but who does not know a the great doctor Wantom. In my country many people think that you are the three trains of the combination where you have doctor he's that fool us your thought come here to investigator, but of course this morning, yes we have that listens to decide. Let's say, John Peters, if you can find a new connacht. That's I'm botable.
Speaker 5: Well, thanks you the d girl, I must say the person of a mess and now had that this terristic exactly what happens?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did tell you everything.
Speaker 5: Have that.
Speaker 2: This morning I was working in here with my secondthory court Twilight Dullman. I had occasion to go upstairs for my room to get from necessary papers. As I came down the third case to return here, I see a scream from Pilight Ullman and WU take you. I have a the most frightful explosion the concussion from me. Then I came to my poor secretary for thirty Uh.
Speaker 5: What paper were the inside at the time of extension?
Speaker 2: There the sevenths were all out of church. The only people here by my seconds, who have I pised my seventh Franks, I can watch for soon because people upstairs. Then I went from a document. There are three other people in the house, however, Madam Bahner, my host and the owner of this house, young Englishman from the Home Office. His name is Hillary Adams. Before gotten in the house was a number of the German embassy Girlish fighter.
Speaker 5: Learn it's just a matter of course questioning the three of them as to their alibis at the time of the of the explosion. I'll take one of them in retirement, caud wing for that servant.
Speaker 4: For her what was his name?
Speaker 2: A frant care do France the offer privilege to watch the master detective up theirs the.
Speaker 5: Grise if my methods teach you quite a bit about the art of detection.
Speaker 2: Got that about something? Ht this colonel Shy down of the German embassy.
Speaker 5: What are your panel cry? Then? When the expersion of close this morning?
Speaker 1: Uh discussing the military tactics of clauses with one of the guards near the front gates. Yeah, I opens the name of the Gods her copper and mister up your copper.
Speaker 5: Or I'll check on that. Thank you try uh please? And he's a manimally said Roma to tell me Christ was looking.
Speaker 2: But Christ media now U sorry, Madam.
Speaker 5: All I wanted to know is where were you when the explosion occurs this morning? Tell I die who every drive this piping?
Speaker 2: Double the blamelish and kill the other?
Speaker 1: Good God. When I opened to my house, I did not know that I have to put.
Speaker 5: Up with it, but I love making you you s e yeh the kene no no, no, no, no, no, don't you get so excited aboutam maroona ut pop a.
Speaker 2: Young English puppies they can tap at the.
Speaker 4: Splos to you don't hear.
Speaker 3: The sir animals are?
Speaker 5: Where were you when the explosion that cures the latter?
Speaker 4: Marona? Sweet?
Speaker 5: Oh you swear around?
Speaker 2: Of course I do. You may ask her.
Speaker 3: I've already done so, thank you returning thank you.
Speaker 5: That's all. Let's tell him to go.
Speaker 3: Well dog, did you.
Speaker 5: Check on gold slights alabamas h yes, that's it.
Speaker 3: He returned the two he was told me into the colonel.
Speaker 2: When the explosion apples, you have me air top or your expandination has not been days suspectful had if they want happened to me?
Speaker 3: The Alabamasa is Madame Marona and the young.
Speaker 5: English meners who the ale muster p onny others words.
Speaker 2: He must be lying.
Speaker 3: When you've been dealing with criminals as long as I have had that, you have to look far deeper.
Speaker 5: Than the obvious.
Speaker 3: You have to start an eye for a turntle on the nown makes the inquiries.
Speaker 5: You'll hear from me a third for before the day is over.
Speaker 3: A m Well, I'm much oblige head doctor.
Speaker 2: Uh very nice man.
Speaker 5: Oh, by the way they been talking in the circle. Ye, you can start it. Let's start anywhere. HI come to one importance to s oh want that dot it? Let 'em got own's addicted to the useless drugs. The two points of their eyes will contact the sin point. It's an invariable indication of God.
Speaker 4: The diction.
Speaker 5: Uh beside, you gonna stalk the yard and see what you can find out about us, and I'll go back to my house. You can meet me there later. H h.
Speaker 4: There was no words the cook.
Speaker 5: Uh s.
Speaker 4: I out here?
Speaker 3: Thing say it best?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Set up? Well, he's just a joy room.
Speaker 4: Who is it you wanta co Oh?
Speaker 2: But that's the thing problem in my battle that I come to one door, she thought, if I'm noticing, scientist, the sad in your life.
Speaker 5: So I was just hand that I was working on.
Speaker 2: I'm sitting in our din traveler. She's out of it. But I didn't do it stuff this work or say at a snuff I don't like but out of self. You see you can't do it like you.
Speaker 5: But I don't even table you were there the rests.
Speaker 2: I to watch the story in just a few seconds.
Speaker 3: All the time I need to remind you that what was this being national wine?
Speaker 2: Leach?
Speaker 1: If you want to take a gift to a young lady, when I take a bottle as Petrie California, that hotel petty much could tell is the kind of wine you serve a queen that petsr much coutel has a flavor of ft sun ripe and mussat great it did ever go?
Speaker 4: You couldn't act for a.
Speaker 1: More delicious atter than a watch or a more delicious wine to serving company comes remember it, Musca tell.
Speaker 2: But the importan thing is it? Petro Petsy Metta tell?
Speaker 3: Uh huh?
Speaker 4: And I got the doctor watch him.
Speaker 1: And was a night preventure the manor house pace, So I was a fine place to bat out your sorry doctor, I must steel.
Speaker 5: I look that I keep hearing as much the senses to stuff to go.
Speaker 1: Well, what happened next when you went home to injured when that bombit brought him and you.
Speaker 5: Were all my boy, there was a concussion of the explosion of me.
Speaker 1: I wnt when I came too homes it pears I can imagine where the gone going down.
Speaker 5: Soon after, let this John arrive on the scene. And off the quick the proofs examination of the premises. He decided to return once more to the manor house, and so an hour later I was telling my story to the man I still fought to be got.
Speaker 4: I'll tell him I'm.
Speaker 2: Told I got st oh my sef, yeah, shoot your school.
Speaker 5: He will be for it to Christmas to hear him. So the mind of my stuck and page. You know, when I had the crash the guard, I found myself on the dining table.
Speaker 2: You got put supposed to talk wing You're not.
Speaker 5: A store ga tollis the matter fact I put to the day. But don't allow me.
Speaker 3: You know what we call drawing the enemy's far.
Speaker 5: Come now do say?
Speaker 1: You don't mean to tell us that you expect to get the bomb checked through the window and here before the store and call her this fact.
Speaker 5: And knew that I was working on the case. He followed the colndon and fell into my press. This I'm timed into by throwing his hands.
Speaker 2: But I don't see what it got your door, I said, I cannot think that you are any years to finding the murder on the concert pass to the soul.
Speaker 4: And see I figured that one I got the element.
Speaker 5: To my store element one of the three people on the suspicious pollardly to my house tonight the second bomb was thrown in the poss some of the cock. Now I'll turn the question of finding out which one of the three cannot just count these movements at that time when we will know the murderer.
Speaker 1: You want the cross and can in the Maginda, Yes, the.
Speaker 3: Swing them in, please one at a time.
Speaker 5: Donald Tiger, where were you at seven o'clock to night discussion the military?
Speaker 1: A pactice of closet is mister Copper of the Home Office, garcause let's you.
Speaker 5: Doing the eleven o'clock this morning too, just said Wenna.
Speaker 3: Dost of discussions for two children.
Speaker 5: Saf Apo sate all the stats of cloudy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll check on that again.
Speaker 3: I thanks, you said, and sles I set him maroona.
Speaker 5: To come in. Mister questions say about that seventy nine to just you?
Speaker 3: I listen, you don't worry about me.
Speaker 2: That keeps an englishman. I have something else say them?
Speaker 1: Where were you at seven to night, Madame Marena in a bud that's a curious students about happima flights in this house?
Speaker 2: He said?
Speaker 5: Knot say oh I just don't send no figers. They don't it true? You want told me in the so I didn't seven o'clock all right, that could be uh.
Speaker 3: I got to say it comes for these their self.
Speaker 5: Turch wants to gain the alibis to each other. But this time I beginning to doun.
Speaker 2: So white mis say back their store.
Speaker 5: I would have let him when Iver was ALABISI I had him I justly below the boy wouldn't purton the tolf for him on the sea. On the other hand, but he worshiped, and I'm certain that he wouldn't have any croupos about lying to provide it out of by her.
Speaker 3: Well, you've got a points there, they're fi.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I regard her. Was great to see the sun in oh yes, to set 'em not.
Speaker 1: Once Idem was worried about Matam Berloga.
Speaker 2: I was said, you wouldn't believe by Alibi for her, do you?
Speaker 1: I had another uh an embias listen context the fire that Madame Berner was in his house the seventh night, and then bother the boy David their their Well did you see Madam bern the seventh night and die? I think they'll I thoo glasses of sharing it was a kid in it, the fourth family, the.
Speaker 5: Ny kid around sing n't kill to turn him to the pink church recern and then he.
Speaker 2: Would go.
Speaker 5: Me, we're still traveling in circles him the country in the sun. The cases sold you.
Speaker 2: Your punishment, atticky you in a minute, then six and the earthy when they're simple.
Speaker 5: I said, give you the solution to the mistress there, ladies, who's gon toron the mister call mister Pollo guy said, in the conveniences that you've on the gun, you, Madame Maroney, and you Kennel Fager, you with Adam have all unshakable edivise there, Paul, the solutions up, said my dear friend Phela comes off and said, eliminates the impossible and whatever remains doing like a hug improbable. It's the truth or the only person that could.
Speaker 3: Have brown both bobs?
Speaker 5: Is you yourself that I'll tell I'm huggles fire.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, you're talking. He's a right.
Speaker 5: Whether they're gonna take yourself to that, I too.
Speaker 2: Have that to have an unshaken alibi. Oh what is it I got think you have just on the second four buttoned tonight.
Speaker 3: What what you're talking about?
Speaker 2: Underne Oh come now that's not true.
Speaker 1: Oh oh cood, no, you got me all about the ancher with me music, a lot of n and a lot of all right, but let the.
Speaker 5: Long you will see me up away yourself very well. You're only one mistake, the advice the victim of mine.
Speaker 2: But you you just take it. It's possible, and then if nothing remains, sometimes of the impossible impossibly, but therest, Like as Alibius that there was not a bot Owners, think of the corroborated that the past, the fun that that does yard Ali divers on the side like were told that not in bat Owners you subtract design service and part of that that yad mistake, while you're not going to correct it. Adams Gallaby depends on the unprepared word of the drug aty now he used to brecn the pets mister story. There was time such as he set him a fox, put the rest on her without lifting the word.
Speaker 3: On the pine matter, I compute.
Speaker 5: Man Adams is the man he met white all.
Speaker 2: White at that dy. I'm gonna get away. He's a murderer, I'm not taker was a bad back in Batte black man names. We'll tell you that I have my suspicions with Adams from the court. You doing why Well, my bun in my class had told me he was perspected of being the creperate hot He's been on their observation for some years. He was pected to give him this assignment has a definite test that his integrety.
Speaker 5: Well, I understand it all now, just the same I he's making asking myself in front of tall.
Speaker 2: You don't worry about it. Then you could always collect the in places. You would do that. I would h and then say oh when you come to react the store, don't remember my three You went to doing the fool uh once you say uh everything, well every time everything.
Speaker 5: Let them know.
Speaker 2: The fact that I was early at twelve stars.
Speaker 5: You like this sort of made me up to be a bit of a school uh.
Speaker 1: Huh or nothing of the kind out there.
Speaker 2: I agree with Homes.
Speaker 5: You got to spend a.
Speaker 1: Job after that, the deadline up at that type of point.
Speaker 5: You know, I did come to say good idea you mat him.
Speaker 1: You did make the point that Madam Corona was a drug. Added was four good? And you did say that mister Adam Zallidi could be a one were right?
Speaker 5: I did.
Speaker 3: I didn't sell that case for homes all pay told.
Speaker 5: You you really smart, young fellow.
Speaker 3: I wish you and I did work together on a uh stake together their.
Speaker 2: Way down and starting tonight.
Speaker 1: No, we really sure and telegrass a national wine with I got you a chase to pet their line. M I suggest that we sat on it right now. The glass of what a read of wine?
Speaker 2: Petri wine.
Speaker 1: Well, you know that's really good because the Petrick family has been making fine wines since the eighteen hundred, the generations, everything they side of the Petrie business, the Petrol family has been turning less of caleforoni a great into play the delicious wine.
Speaker 3: And during all that.
Speaker 1: Time they've been handling on down from father to son, from father to son.
Speaker 2: All their skill and knowledge and experience.
Speaker 1: The Petrol why you're buy today is the result of all that skill and knowledge and expert That's why you can't go wrong then, which is a pet the win because Petri set times to bring you good wach and.
Speaker 5: Now doctor watching that the pistition connect works well and the cheapness about tell I think I can promise to a most entertaining adventure concerns the famous magicoe, a female fire of unusual Bulten, and a man even there bringing in the homes and souls.
Speaker 1: The older brother Moclas sing horrific subject.
Speaker 5: And if they would say good.
Speaker 2: That's well, friends, I wanna remind him that.
Speaker 1: And none of the Steeves need the Merchant Marine, the Brenman back home, the Mercharne got 'em there, and the the Bernan back if you w help right now, the Merchant Marine with experience nates engineers, a ban fireman or a waterfenders and chief cook. If you'll qualify, write or why a collected one to Merchant Marine, Washington, twenty five DCI.
Speaker 2: In in the Boys Home.
Speaker 1: The word shall Arcomb's Adventures written by Donnard Green and Anthony Butcher, and we suggested by an incidental the Arta Comban Bells story, the group interpreter mister Rockborne appears up Curtis at Metro bellron Mayor and mister Bruce who the Curtis universal Pitcher whether than our falling In the shell Rock Olm series the Teti Line Company of San Francisco, California, and by Tidy.
Speaker 2: Tunion again next week, same time, same station. It is Harry Bartel's saying good night For the TEXTI.
Speaker 1: Family, will our times, comes to you from our Hollywood studios. Is initial broadcasting ser