Speaker 1: And I had a sense of dread when we first pulled in there, and I just tried to ignore it, and it didn't take maybe fifteen minutes. I was sitting next to the fire and all of a sudden, I hear a foot stomp, and I was just like, oh my god. I immediately I said to myself, maybe it's an elk, But I knew, I knew. I mean, I look down at the ground as I'm sitting there, trying to act naturalize, like I know what that is.
Speaker 2: I guess the best place to start is back at the beginning. How did you get interested in all this bigfoot stuff?
Speaker 3: Well, when I was a kid. I didn't realize till I was an adult.
Speaker 1: But when I was a kid, we lived on an old homestead Yambula, Oregon, and we were way up on a mountain, and one day I saw what I thought was a man down at our well was down a slope, probably one hundred yards from the house, and I was just learning to walk again. I had hip problems as a kid, at hip disease, so I was kind of just learning to be able to walk independently.
Speaker 3: At I was around eleven or so, and the grass.
Speaker 1: Grew super high there, and so I was kind of filling the tops of the grass and I looked down over the hill and I saw the back of a head and slicked back black hair.
Speaker 3: That was the style back then for men. You know, the real cream a little devil, do you. Yeah.
Speaker 1: It scared me, so I, you know, hobbled back to the house and I told my mom there was a man down there at our well. And uh, they went and looked, and they were they were upset with me. They thought maybe that I was making up a story or something because they said there's nobody down there. But when I think about it as an adult, I was like, wow, there's only one way in and one way out to that. To get to that house, we were literally the end of a mile drive and.
Speaker 3: It was one way in, one way out. There was you would have had to drive in there.
Speaker 1: So so I figured that out as an adult, I was like, Hell, that must have been a sasquatch.
Speaker 3: Had to be.
Speaker 1: Uh, the different noises and stuff we would hear at night, like conversation when we'd be out playing. Because you know, when you're in the country, especially back in the seventies, Uh, you didn't have internet you didn't have. You had three channels of television, that's all you had. So we spent a lot of time out on that property catching snakes and things like alligator, lizards and skinks. We'd be yelling, get off our land because you could hear like conversation. And again we didn't realize, so.
Speaker 3: We were adults that.
Speaker 1: I had to be sas squashing her because it couldn't be humans. Why would there be humans, And they would have had to drive all the way from gas and.
Speaker 3: Then through that you can hear people coming a mile away when we'd have guests and stuff.
Speaker 1: So again that's something I figured out once I became an adult.
Speaker 3: And then I met Will Jebning.
Speaker 1: We worked at the same company and we were giving each other rides home as in one day he says, they don't want to tell you something, but you got to keep it to yourself.
Speaker 3: And told me you did big foot stuff.
Speaker 1: And I had about twenty books in my house on that subject, and I told him, yeah, I've been I've been fascinated with this for years myself, but I never I never We never went looking for him or anything like that. Just every once in a while you'd stumble on a track that you just'd be like hmm. When I was in job Corps, we climbed Vulcan Mountain. It took us seven hours to climb Vulcan Mountain. And we found one track on the top where it overlooked the valley and it was.
Speaker 3: A muddy just a muddy spot with the rest of it was all granted and it obviously stood. This was a right foot, so it obviously stood with the left foot on on the.
Speaker 1: Boulder that was there and is and the right foot was was in that that uh, that mud. We went back down the mountain and and uh, they gave us a bag of lime since we didn't have anything else. They thought we were just messing with them. So we went we climbed that mountain again and climbed I mean we walked up at you know, it's pretty steep. But it took us many hours. But we filled that track in with that line, took the picture. And then the guy that ran uh that job corps was Ed Allen. He was head of the forestry service in that particular area.
Speaker 3: He took our film. Uh, he took our picture and didn't give it back. And yeah, this thing was a huge print he said, that's nothing more than a shi gris up there, and we're you know, I didn't know what a grizzly bear track look like, but I know what they look like now thanks to the Internet. But and a bear track, and that was not a bear track. That was that was one huge wide foot that but you.
Speaker 1: Know that was you could feel while you were up on that mountain too, just that a little bit of a sense of look around type of thing.
Speaker 3: You felt like something was kind of watching you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but the whole time when we're walking up that, like I said, it took six or seven hours. In one section, we'd see big horn sheep laying down just staring at us. And then you get to a higher section and then there's elk just just looking at you.
Speaker 3: They don't get a lot of human.
Speaker 1: Interaction there, and so yeah, that was fascinating for me because I'd never seen a big horn sheep before. But yeah, that was that was just the beginning of that kind of stuff. And then you know, meeting Will Jevning. We were fast friends for about about almost two years.
Speaker 3: I mean like real close.
Speaker 1: But man, we would go out and we would never see anything, nothing, not anything, And the very the very second that we decided we didn't want to do it anymore. Uh, my wife and I go to what's called the Devil's Backbone to camp for the weekend, and there's a whole line of like maybe four or five inch tracks, and I measured them out for the distance between the is between the stride was forty inches.
Speaker 3: Somewhere in there spent a lot of years. And then I realized.
Speaker 1: After a while that those were all left feet, so it probably had the It was the way that that road was with the gravel and the dirt and the clay and all that stuff, was its left foot was basically on the clay.
Speaker 3: The right foot would have been on the gravel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so that means it probably was a twenty inch spread, I guess if I wanted to break it down.
Speaker 3: And if you'd add the right foot and all that.
Speaker 1: So that was the first We're like wow, man, because what kind of made me nervous was at that time we all believed that they were friendly gorillas of some kind, and I was just worried about, Jesus, where's the mom if this thing?
Speaker 3: Because you didn't see any big tracks.
Speaker 1: So it was, yeah, my wife and I were looking at that, and we had our at that time, our youngest son was like three, so we're like, let's just get out of here and get back to the you know, the camp we were at that. I mean, we never had any anything happened in the Devil's Backbone ever. It just that was the one and only time. It was the time we broke away from the Will Jevining and his group. She ended up having to take care of her mom for many, many, many years, so we had quit camping all together. We hadn't been in the forest for fifteen or so years, you know. In twenty sixteen we started because her mom had passed away. In twenty fifteen, we decided we would start camping again. So we would we would go up called the eighty one Road, and you go up past Marrow Lake, which we found out is kind of a popular place for Sasquatch sightings, and Cliff Brockman can can back all that up.
Speaker 3: But we, uh, we were in the lower camps.
Speaker 1: We didn't know that there were higher camps, and you always had this feeling something was watching you. And then one night something went through stuff in our camp. Could have it could have been a human being. Because there was people out there camping. Uh, but there was beers missing. And back then we smoked a pack of cigarettes was gone, and we're just like, what the heck, you know, And we didn't think for a second it was a sasquatch. I mean, uh, some people since then puld Maybe I don't think they sasquatch smoking cigarettes and drinking our beer.
Speaker 3: I mean, you never know. Yeah, that's the thing.
Speaker 1: I was like, well, you know, I mean he could have drank the beers, but I don't know about lighting a cigarette.
Speaker 3: But it was at the end of the season.
Speaker 1: We had decided to drive further up to eighty one, and we found all these really nice camps, so we decided we'd camp, you know, for the following year, and we went up there. The big Foot was the last thing on our mind when I when some people are like, why didn't you take pictures of this or that, we weren't looking for sasquatch, When with that first real encounter, that was the furthest thing on our minds.
Speaker 3: And we had we had extra days off. The company was struggling a little bit, so they gave us extra days off for that holiday weekend that's in September, and so we we had picked out a campsite, but it was further up and somebody was already in it. And this was like Thursday. So as we were.
Speaker 1: Coming back down, we found another one that was with a creek and all that stuff and off the road, and so we set up all our stuff. And I had a sense of dread when we first pulled in there, and I just tried to ignore it. And we got it all set up. My wife still had to work, so I decided I'd stay the night and all that she left, and it didn't take maybe fifteen minutes. I was sitting next to the fire and all of a sudden, I hear a foot stomp and I was just like.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: I immediately I said to myself, maybe it's a nolk, but I knew, I knew. I mean, I looked down at the ground as I'm sitting there, trying to naturalize, like I know what that is.
Speaker 2: Do you have any idea how many years had passed since you were doing bigfoot stuff in that moment?
Speaker 3: Oh my god? When did we go away from Jamming?
Speaker 1: Oh God, like ninety I think we pulled away from him in ninety three. Or ninety five, so that was the last time we'd ever done anything bigfoot wise. We had camped up until I think two thousand was the last time we camped before she started taking care of her mom.
Speaker 3: Wow, yeah, it was.
Speaker 1: It was quite a We quit doing bigfoot anything when we splintered away from the Pacific Sasquatch coasts. Something he had something from that I don't remember the name. That's how important it is to me now I don't remember.
Speaker 2: But like a good fifteen to twenty years had passed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh yeah, a long time. That stomp I made me think about.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's scared to crap at me because I know that elk stomp and I've been like standing next to buck deer that they're smaller, so I'm just kind of aggravating them.
Speaker 3: They're stomping at me and snorting, and this was real heavy.
Speaker 1: So I just thought to myself, because most of my native family tell you, they know what fire sticks are, and that's would be a gun. They know what bows and arrows are and all that stuff. So I pulled my little revolver out. It was just a thirty two magnum, pretty rare nowadays. It was an old police bulldog issue and I set that on the table.
Speaker 3: I made sure that it was out where it could be seen.
Speaker 1: I actually held it up and I set it on the table that was next to me, and then I pulled my bowie knife and I laid that on the table too, and I just tried to I looked at the fire, and I was just kind of trying to act natural, and then it's a stomp happened again. So I got up and I grabbed my chair. I did everything as calm as I could. Plus I threw two whole bundles of wood on the fire, and it was going up pretty high. So I walked over to our tent, which was several yards away. We like to keep our tents way away from the fire. And I sat there for about ten or fifteen minutes until I started feeling like everything would be okay.
Speaker 3: So I walked back over.
Speaker 1: There and I sat down and I just cracked open a beer and I heard actual footsteps, like two footsteps, loud and clear, and I just I got up without I just got up again, and I threw all the wood I had on the fire, which I'm so lucky I didn't start a forest fire. That was easily.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: You know, there's like six split logs in a pack that you buy, and I had thrown seven of those all together on that and the fire was raging.
Speaker 1: In fact, some of the trees nearby started kind of waving back and forth from the energy of the fire.
Speaker 2: Were you just trying to light the area up?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: That, and I was hoping to scare them. And so they're not afraid of fire, I can tell you that now. But I so I went back to the tent and I sat there and something caught the corner of my.
Speaker 3: Eye scared the crap out of me.
Speaker 1: I look over and here's a jet black cottontail walked out of that berry where the berries are.
Speaker 3: And I was just like, it scared the crap out of me.
Speaker 1: And Doug Hijack told me that when he had his encounter that he also saw a black a wild black cottontail.
Speaker 3: So I mean, I was just like, really, what a coincidence? It just man, I started my mind started clouding up, you know, being afraid and all that stuff. And I've only taken like.
Speaker 1: A sip out of that beer and I set it down because I didn't the last thing I wanted to do, is if somebody did pull into our camp and I could get a ride home or get out of there.
Speaker 3: Is I didn't want to think I was a ring drunk or something like that.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I just I just set it on the ground, and just before it got dark, it was just just getting to the point where you couldn't see very good. I went ahead and got in the tent and our lantern. She was going to bring fuel the next day, so I had like a half of a cylinder and I turned that on and left it outside the tent, just in the chair, and I laid in there with I didn't put no covers on or nothing, and I was soaked from the rain would come and then leave. The rain would come and then leave, and I just lay it in there and kind of covered up a little bit with a blanket and just waited. I had my gun in one hand and I had my knife in the other. And because they started almost as soon as I went in the tent, they started this humming thing. And the closest thing I can see that it is one I got home. After that weekend, I went on line and I was looking up all the different animals and It sounded like that sound that elephants make, but it couldn't have been imps because you can't hear in for sound. But it sounded like that, that whole type of thing. But it just was steady. Some people like Doug Highcheck think that they perr.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I have no idea. All I know is that it that humming thing. It just didn't stop, and it was I was.
Speaker 1: In that tent, wet from the rain and also soaking wet from sweat and fear. I just I laid in there and listened to that and listened to that, and I was driving me nuts. But at the same time, you know, I had to pee, so I just I held.
Speaker 3: It, and I held it. I held it. It was dark. I finally about I don't know, one or two in the morning. It's been ten years now.
Speaker 1: I opened the tent and I was just going to pee out of it, and I look across the camp and there's an orb of a good size.
Speaker 3: I didn't know it was an orb.
Speaker 1: Then it looked like when a kid takes the wand for bubbles and puts it in the big one, the big circle, and then does the thing.
Speaker 3: This looked like a soap bubble.
Speaker 1: There was about I don't know, sixteen inches long, and it was like moving like a soap bubble too.
Speaker 3: Staying in, I did not dropping or going higher. In a steady motion.
Speaker 1: About three feet off the ground, I could be through it, but it had this red tin all the way around it, all the way around it, and I could tell it was alive. I mean, I was just like you could feel that it was alive. I closed the tent back up, still didn't get to and I kind of yelled, I can't I can't f and handle both of you at the same time because the subsquatch thing was just killing me.
Speaker 3: There was nobody up there that you know.
Speaker 1: I would have literally got out and walked if there was somebody in another camp nearby, but being a Thursday, there was nobody there except higher than me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and so I just and I knew the fight or flight thing was completely That's why I just walked normal to get back to get in the tent to begin with. But yeah, finally, right about man, if I can remember correctly, somewhere around five something in the morning, it let out a very long.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to do it because the forest is right behind me here where we and this I hunt back there and all that stuff.
Speaker 3: So and they are back here. So I'm just not going to do that call. But it did a call that it was a very aggressive and ended it whether you know, this was like sixteen inches sixteen inches sixteen seconds long, and I was just laying in the tent went oh my god. But it ended with a huah. And that's all I'm going to tell you is that. But I had never heard anything like that in my life.
Speaker 1: And I thought to myself, and it sounds like a big man or something. I was like, maybe it's somebody over there screwing with me. But I waited till it was daylight and I got out, and the tension, the tension when I got out of that that tent with daylight was just for me. The way I always try to tell the people is when you're in the same room with somebody and you're working and you cannot stand them, both of you cannot stand each other. That's what it felt like. This tension just so thick and and oh my god. I looked down there at that beer. First, I just stood there and peed I was going to pass out if I didn't pee, and then I looked down at that beer and I picked it up and it was full of like it rained all night, and I just kind of yelled over. I was like, I don't care, I'm going to drink this beer. And I took like four big swigs. It tasted like water and beer, you know, yeah, it was, but oh my god, I drank that thing all the way down. I was just like, oh, but I was soaking wet, and I could smell myself from the from all the sweating and stuff. So through the last two bundles of wood I had over the coals and it started up real nice, and I took my clothes off and I burned them. And I don't know why, I just I got I'm getting rid of them. And so I went ahead and grabbed some fresh clothes, and I made some water on the fire in a tea kettle, and I kind of I washed my whole body with it, and then I put clean clothes on because I just I felt just nasty from all that sweat and stuff.
Speaker 3: It's a it's kind of weird.
Speaker 1: Uh, you feel like you're pinned down like that and there's really nothing you can do. And and I had literally that night I had gave sent I put a message on my phone for my wife to tell her that I thought I was going to die that night. So I just wanted her to know that I loved her and that I would if anything I could do to have been a better husband I wish I would have done, and how much I loved the boys and our grandsons. So uh, and I said, there's a sasquatch out there, to not go away.
Speaker 3: So but in the morning, when I made it, I erased the message. I was a little on the embarrassed side. But you know, they just the tension lasted until about god, i'd say ten am. Nine. At ten am, the.
Speaker 1: Birds had come over, the what we call camp robbers or scrub jays. They'll eat right out of your hand, and so they were making all their noise, and I was throwing them food and everything, and I just kept talking to the other side of the of the creek, and you know that, look, I'm a good guy on feed these these birds.
Speaker 3: But they something started imitating the sound of those birds, and it wasn't very good. The imitation was awful.
Speaker 1: From the other side of that creek, and so I drive I poured myself a couple offee, and I stood there and I just happened to look to my left for a second, and there was one standing behind a tree. It was red, and I could see it's shoulders, but it was behind the tree, so all I saw was the shoulders, and I quickly.
Speaker 3: Looked forward because I didn't want to look that way again.
Speaker 1: I was drinking my coffee using my perithrio vision, and it didn't move.
Speaker 3: It didn't even move, not in any GUIs shape or for me, it didn't. So I h I ran out of out of wood. So I decided that I was going to walk.
Speaker 1: Toward toward the toward the road and looked for wood because it was just creeping me out.
Speaker 3: So I did that.
Speaker 1: When I came back, it was gone. But Alexander Petakov, when he was up there, he went over there and he stood behind the tree and he asked me, can you anything?
Speaker 3: And I was like no.
Speaker 1: So then he told me, he says, so this thing wasn't as toll as you think it was, because it was what was scaring me was it was like the shoulders were like eight feet high, and and.
Speaker 3: He told me, he says, there's a there's an old stump back there, just directly behind it. And I was like, so he took me back there.
Speaker 1: I had never ever gone back there throughout the years, and sure enough, as I saw it was basically standing on that stump. It's the only way I could have done that. So it wasn't the giant that I thought it was, thank God.
Speaker 3: But when my wife got there the next day, the first thing she said when she got.
Speaker 1: Out of there the car was I put a beer can next to a footprint that was right there in the camp, and she noticed it as soon as she stepped out of the car.
Speaker 3: And then she she also noticed something was wrong with me, and she asked me what happened? And I just older.
Speaker 1: So we walked over to the creek and I can't believe I had lost I forgot about the creek, and I asked her.
Speaker 3: I was like, this creek, this creek was here. We look at her.
Speaker 1: She's like, of course, and then she said, remember you talked about it's so slow moving that our grandson could play in it.
Speaker 3: When they came up a couple days later, we.
Speaker 1: Looked across and I said, well, was that down tree there yesterday? And she's like no, and this tree, I could hear them during the night praying it like a popsicle stick. When you get down eating a popsicle, most people always bend it, break it, and pray it apart.
Speaker 3: That's exactly what it found it like. And so this tree was.
Speaker 1: Got at least thirty feet tall, but it was only like four inches around, and they they broke it right at ground level and prayed it until it was laying against the bushes across the trail, and then it was.
Speaker 3: Twisted about about fifteen to twenty feet. They twisted it and brought.
Speaker 1: It back in it to like a It would have been an empty a, but they they grabbed another small tree uprooted it, I mean small, like a vine maple.
Speaker 3: It was maybe fifteen feet tall, but it was thin, and they.
Speaker 1: Laid that across that, and it looked like it looked like some sort of a. I didn't know anything about their glyphs or anything. I don't even know if they do have those things. It's just that was it looked to me like it was purposely done. And so I had a buddy that actually went up there a couple of weeks later, and he's like he couldn't even snap that tree by using his pulling against his knee, and he was a big dude. But there was God, there was footprints. My wife and I walked across that creek. There was footprints everywhere, different sizes, and the biggest one was I think probably may have been twenty inches, but.
Speaker 3: There was only one and it.
Speaker 1: Was half sticking out from being on the moss to the trail. Good size, but there was mostly there were between seven inches to fourteen inches multiple.
Speaker 3: So I my native family always said.
Speaker 1: If they put a tree down, don't cross it, and so we didn't cross it. But when my son got there the following day, we did cross. Me and him went over there, and boy, that whole area was like pour up. I mean, trees that were small, trees that were down were picked up and tossed, tossed across the the trail.
Speaker 3: There was indentse in the ground from where these limbs and trees had laid for who knows how long, and they were broken trees, all kinds of stuff. There was a lot of damage back there.
Speaker 1: But my son, he was mad at my wife for we in our family, we don't camp alone and we don't hunt alone.
Speaker 3: My wife when she got home that when she dropped me.
Speaker 1: Off, told my told my son that that our son that she had, that I was spending the night up there, and she's and my son told her, are you going to go back and get him? Because he didn't like the idea that we were up I was up there by myself, but uh yeah, he was. Once he saw the tracks and everything, he was really kind of upset with us. So and we had my little grandson up there the day.
Speaker 3: It was the following day that my wife got there, but the tension.
Speaker 1: Went away, and then they started. When my wife got there, everything changed. They you could hear them back there talking, but it was like if you live.
Speaker 3: In a neighborhood and your neighbor down the block is talking with somebody. That's what it sounded like.
Speaker 1: And sometimes it sounded like I worked with death Peel at the company I retired from. It sounded like when when deaf people are taught trying to talk to you.
Speaker 3: That's what it sounded like back there.
Speaker 1: And my wife and I were sitting as I was telling her everything that happened the night before. We were sitting there that st to the fire and it was it was probably by thirty. We hear in this raven circles our camp and on the third circle it stopped and it hovered, and just below us in the.
Speaker 3: Bush, the raven goes and this thing goes from the bush and probably twenty five feet away from us. Wow. And I was like, oh God.
Speaker 1: I told my wife, I said, Jesus, there's some pissess right over there. And I think that was their juvenile but I we never heard any brush cracking, none of that stuff.
Speaker 3: Then that crow or that raven flew away after that too. We're just sitting there. My wife is enjoying this whole thing. I'm not so much.
Speaker 1: I hadn't slept in thirty some hours because all the shit that went on, so, you know, for me, ugh, I just was a mess.
Speaker 3: But so I get up and I walk over take a pee right by the creek.
Speaker 1: And I'm wearing a bright red hoodie and I'm standing there pee and I look up and this woman's walking down the path looking at me, and I'm looking at her.
Speaker 3: It's she's far enough away, you know. And I told my wife, great, there's a woman walking down the path. And she would look down at to make sure that you know that she was not.
Speaker 1: She would look down like you would look down when you're walking to make sure you don't trip on something, and then she would look at me, and then pretty soon she got close enough where I was like, I thought it was a heavy set woman in uh that was layered because of the how the weather was acting, and I looked like a Caucasian woman to me, a heavy set Caucasian woman.
Speaker 3: I kept telling my wife, she's got a crazy coat on.
Speaker 1: It's it's I'm seeing flashes of purple, flashes of pink and things like that.
Speaker 3: I didn't understand.
Speaker 1: So my wife gets up and just as she gets up to go over, this thing takes it like a military left right into the forest, so smooth.
Speaker 3: It was the most smoothest thing I've ever seen. And me being a soldier, I always thought I was pretty good when I did my left and.
Speaker 1: Left right type of motions when they called the motions. This thing was the most perfect thing I've ever seen. My wife says she thinks that it wanted us to at least go across that creek to get away so that their kid could could get out of that situation it was in.
Speaker 3: It was right below us. We didn't.
Speaker 1: I didn't and I didn't even steal at that point. Didn't think much of it until I realized that that wasn't a woman that I can't describe, you know, one hundred percent the face. Sibylla Irwin was gonna do it drawing for me when I was talking to her one day. We've been friends for years, but she I told her, I said, I can't describe the face because she was probably twenty yards away maybe, but I could see clearly that it was a woman. The face was, like I said, it was Caucasian.
Speaker 3: That's what kind of messed with me the most, was as like Jesus, these things looked just like us, other than the fact that bigger. It is bigger.
Speaker 1: In the area that just across the creek, there was a down tree top. It was a cedar tree top that it was down, and it was stuper thick and dark right on the other side, and there was limbs and stuff all over it. That was where they were using as a hiding place to watch people.
Speaker 3: Because my wife, actually this male was.
Speaker 1: Peka boo in her and all she saw was at one point was the ear, you know, like when you get caught looking at a woman or something and they look at you and you kind of you do the best to turn your head quickly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's what this did.
Speaker 1: And it seemed to be like fascinated with her that whole weekend. But later that evening, probably an hour after seeing.
Speaker 3: Her, we hear who just like that. I've spent my life in the forest and I've never heard a whoop, and that was the first time in my life and it was crystal.
Speaker 1: Clear whoops, not like or any of that kind of stuff. It was a whoop, two of them together, and my wife like again, she's just enjoying this whole thing. And pretty soon we start hearing from further back there a screaming match, yelling and screaming. Somebody. I'm talking this was a sasquatch doing this. Somebody was getting their ass June and I'm wondering if it was the male that kept me up all night, And I don't know for sure that it was a male, but Mitchell Townsend told me that he had dealt with that same male for years and years and years, and he thinks maybe somebody shot at it or something at some point, And that was that's what I taught too, but well he sure was not aggressive once my wife was there kind of crapy, but you boy, that female they call her the Screamer. The few people around that know about this family, they refer to her as the Screamer because she's so loud.
Speaker 3: I figured that they were just getting in trouble because.
Speaker 1: I thought whatever was messing with us and messing with me that night was probably like a teenager type of sasquatch, probably trying to show it's it's you know, bravery or whatever whatever they do. But that I was still on edge that that that weekend, and then I just told her she would get up like before the sun came up, and she would go out and make coffee and she would stand there and they would be breaking. Like well, She's like, oh, they're all over over there. They're walking breaking, breaking sticks and stuff when they walk. And she was sitting in the car and drink her coffee and listen to them. I was just like, I don't trust them. I just don't trust them.
Speaker 3: They're not our furry forest friends, but I just don't trust them.
Speaker 1: And sure enough I went I had and left gifts, not gifts. I hate that gifting thing. But we had sugarless pastries, so if I left some of those, I walked across there and I just said out loud, I apologize for crossing that tree, and I hope you accept this. And so I laid out a bunch of sugarless, no frosting of any kind of pop tarts, and I don't know if they ever took them or anything like that.
Speaker 3: But so we went home, and oh man, it took me. It took me a month before I could go back out there. I was.
Speaker 1: Really affected my sleep. I'm on actual medication to this day to sleep. And we decided we'd go back, and my wife baked them a whole bunch of sugarless wild berry muffins, and we took those up, and we not only did we cross that tree again, but we walked up the trail and then we walked further and we started hearing this tapping, and then we started smelling something I never smelled. It was awful. It wasn't dead smell. It smelled like garbage, kitchen garbage. When you open a a say, like a dumpster or something you're gonna throw away something, somebody had thrown food in there.
Speaker 3: That's what it smelled.
Speaker 1: Like, and so we decided just that we'd go ahead and go back to camp because I was just completely creeped out. So we went ahead and walked back to camp. And so we're we have a nice fire, go. We only went up there to bring that to him, have some dinner together. My wife and I still do a lot of We love each other. We've been together forty four years, so we loved doing stuff together and doing that kind of stuff. So we, uh, we were eating some chicken and I was having a beer and she was relaxing by the fire, and I decided I would make that call that I'm talking about that they did a month previous, and I did it like three times, and then I did it super aggressive, super loud. And when I when I finished my last time doing it, just as I finished it, this loud stick breaks and you could hear leaked, I said. I turned around to my wife and I said, did you hear? And by the time I got that out, it was already on our side of the creek, just in the tree line, and boy, we both took off. She she had her he's she had a she had a pouch in her chair, and we had just bought a.
Speaker 3: Chair for me on the way up. So we we run.
Speaker 1: She's got that blanket tangled up in her eggs and her her hand is stuck in her chair trying to get the car keys. And we get We run to the cars only like fifteen feet away. She gets in and I get in and as I'm looking at her and I was like this this was my very words. We get in there, I said, well, are you going to start this son of a bitch or not? And she goes, I dropped the keys and I was like, oh my god. And so it literally she just dropped them outside the door. I didn't know that. She she reachs down, got him shut the door again, and I look out there and all I see was like a.
Speaker 3: It was so graceful, like A.
Speaker 1: All I see is in this white part of this tree that's about eight feet high that it has the white bark.
Speaker 3: It went.
Speaker 1: There was white bark and then dark and then light again because this thing had just passed past me.
Speaker 3: And I was like, oh my god. I could just see just with the silhouette. This thing was huge, you know, like it was big, really big. And I was like, oh my god. So she starts the car and we forget about. She drives about ten feet and she goes, should we go ahead and take our stuff?
Speaker 1: And I was like, well, we could throw it in the back real quick. So she backs back up and I'm looking the whole time. Now I don't see anything. But we get out and I'm scared to death, man, and she opens the trunk and I was like, I thought we were throwing this shit in the back seat, not going all the way back to the trunk. Yeah, Oh my god, Oh my god, she's got I had the uh this thing. It was like a go pro that my kids had bought me for Christmas. I had it in my hand and I told her before we got out, I said, don't turn it off the car. We get out and she gets her chair of minds further. I'm holding I've got that thing in my hand and I'm holding onto the car and I reach and I stretch, and I stretch and I stretch, and I get one finger on that chair and it had a bottle of water on it.
Speaker 3: And I start pulling that to me and.
Speaker 1: She's so I'm like, I don't know how to hold this.
Speaker 3: She grabs it.
Speaker 1: Women can do anything, you know. It's just bizarre to me. How they can figure something out we just can't do. She folded that up real quick, and then she starts stumping the water on the fire, and I said, what the help are you doing. Let's get out of here. And so we we get back in the car, and I'll tell you we got to the end. It's about it's about a sixty or seventy yard it could be a little less, could be a little more to drive out to the main forest road. We stopped as soon as we've got past those boulders, and her purse was wrapped in her legs, and we were both having a panic attack and coughing and all that stuff, and laughing hysterically. And it wasn't because we thought anything was funny. That's the first time I'd ever had I don't know whether what you would call it hysteria.
Speaker 2: Or yeah, hysteric.
Speaker 3: I just I couldn't stop laughing. I couldn't stop coughing.
Speaker 1: I was shaking, and my poor wife, you know, she'd finally had gotten her legs untangled and all that stuff, and we calmed down a little bit and then we just pulled out and I looked back and I just watching that fire and hoping that it would step out so I could actually see it, and it didn't, and we lived.
Speaker 3: We didn't even talk on the way home. We didn't say two words to each other.
Speaker 1: And we got home and I told my neighbor, who is an avid hunter, and I said, we just got chased by a sasquatch.
Speaker 3: Man and oh, yeah, good for you type of thing. It was just like, who do you tell? I mean? I was I was in a I was a mess. I thought this thing was going to murder my wife.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and uh yeah, but she told me, she goes, no, No, you were my hero. You did not You did not get in the car until I was safely in the car. Because it's just a blur to me, that particular part of it.
Speaker 3: It's kind of a.
Speaker 1: Blur, and it's kind of like the the night that I had, you know, was by myself. I know that I'm missing a little bit of time, but I wasn't hurt or anything, and I just I just felt that that something happened in time. And since I don't feel like I was violated or any of that kind of stuff. Uh, there's been more than one person who's told me you got to go get hypnotized.
Speaker 3: I don't want to be hypnotized. I don't want want to know. I you know, I just don't want to know.
Speaker 1: And I don't know if people always want me to give him an excuse why, I just don't want to know.
Speaker 3: If I didn't feel violated. So I don't know what. I don't want to know. Maybe I fell asleep actually and didn't know it. I don't know, but it was pretty traumatic. And then, you know, when we got home, we both sat outside and we finally started to talk about it. You know, we must have smoked a package cigarettes eight hour and a half.
Speaker 1: Jesus, I haven't touched tobacco in eight and a half years, but back then, jeez, it was. I had to go back to work on Tuesday, and we decided we we would try to find help somehow. So I sent doctor Meltram a message, never heard anything back from him. Sat Cliff Brockman like four messages, never heard back from him. Well, like this was going to be if we could get somebody up there that was some kind of a professional, because we were not looking for Sasquatch. We went up on that original trip to pan for gold and just hike.
Speaker 3: Around and have fun.
Speaker 1: It's been so many years, you know, but I never heard from any of those people, and so I just I was so messed up I couldn't sleep. I reached out to West Germer, and he's about as kind of a person as you'll ever meet. He's very kind, and I to take this opportunity right now to apologize to him on air. I got caught up in a wrong circle. And I don't care if his what anyway he thinks, whether his encounters were real or not. You know, he was a very very good to me, very soothing to me. It was the first person to help me. So I just apologized Wes for getting on that side and saying shit about you that I don't even know, had no business even seeing. And so I just let that go to West. I went to work, and then I started having a PTSD.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 1: I would be at work and I was a very low level manager. I basically took care of a small cell, but I was a robot welder, and boy, I would find myself bursting into tears for no just just out of the blue, and so I would just tell people that I was arc flashed or something like that, because it was I was really struggling, and I I would it would happen at home too, and my wife would do the best you could to to try to make things better. There was nobody I could you could go to. And and so I met Sabyla Irwin and was she She was the first person that literally just by talking to me, we had done the uh FaceTime a couple of times and and uh she was a very very good person. She told me about other people that she counseled and helped after a encounter, and uh, so that that got me on a good way. It's trying to be a husband, a boss, trying to do your job, trying to be a grandpa and not not burst into tears.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: But it just what happened. It would happened when I would do shows too. It would be sometimes it wouldn't, sometimes it would. And I had done so many in a row I started telling people, no, I don't want to do it. I wouldn't have done your show a year ago. But after meeting the Browns, they recommended I do. So I trust them so and I trust you. You and I have already talked. So the thing.
Speaker 3: Was, it seemed like a lot of these shows.
Speaker 1: Just wanted to get the triggered part of me out and so I don't cry about this shit anymore. It happened, everybody's okay.
Speaker 3: So but back then the PTSD was was just killing me. And so my doctor I just decided one day because I needed the sleep meds.
Speaker 1: She wanted to know why I wasn't sleeping, and so I told her and everything, and by the time I got done, she just looks at me and she goes, wow, that that is a very traumatic and the hair on her arms was sticking straight up. She believed it one hundred percent. I was just, who do you go to? There's so ready to go to. There might be now, but there wasn't back then.
Speaker 3: And so she went.
Speaker 1: Ahead and put me on this sleep medication that I am on today on this very day. It's a narcotic. I just can't sleep, and it's even worse when I go to the forest. But I will never stop going to the forest. We've been having encounters now on a regular basis in Scamania County, and but three years ago, about two years ago, we were up where we had our encounter, but just the camp before that, and we were talking to a young couple there. He was a guy was playing his guitar and we were talking about sasquatching, the different noises they make.
Speaker 3: And I'll be damned if just barely got done. This guy's playing to get tar.
Speaker 1: That they they went off, probably fifty feet on the other side of the road in the bush. They went off, they went, they did this vocal and they did. They kept it up for god, almost a minute, and these this young couples looking at us and they're like, I've never never heard this before, and it's just I was just like wow. And it just stopped and that was it. Didn't hear him again. Then I had some people come up a couple of years back or UH. I invited Thomas.
Speaker 3: Steinberg and and uh Brent Dill and a couple of people from throughout the United States and Canada, and I my buddy that showed up from UH.
Speaker 1: He drove my one friend drove all away from Minnesota, Wow, Dakota, he drove all away from and he got there about two thirds in the morning. And I just happened to be up, of course, and he just yells out of his window. Because we have a thing we call Operation Red Tent, an Operation green tent, and that is we'll go to a camp that we want days early and set up beast tents, red tent and a green tent, so whenever we're talking to somebody, we get we coded. As you know, operation red Tent is a go type of thing. So but anyway, by daylight, I took him to the other camp and showed him these other all these other camps, and I'll be damned if we didn't find one of the best footprints I've ever ever seen in my life. And we covered that up immediately because Thomas and Brent and all the other people hadn't got there yet.
Speaker 3: So as soon as Thomas got.
Speaker 1: There, we went ahead and walked him to it, uncovered it, and he got down on his stomach with this. He's got a backpack full of stuff to to look at tracks and airs and all that stuff. He spent a good half hour or so down going from top to bottom on that print, and he said, this is a real print. And here's a good thing about this was two days before there was people camping over there.
Speaker 3: They left because it poured down rain.
Speaker 1: It poured, and when you're up on that mountain when it rains, it pours and so it poured rain and then we had sunshine.
Speaker 3: Then it poured rain, and then we had sunshine. And so that track was fresh because.
Speaker 1: It would have been washed away if by the rain, if it wasn't fresh. And so it literally, it literally had came up from the creek which is the old Klamor River. It's basically at the start of the Clamor River. So that yeah, and Thomas, he was just like, this is one of the best prints I've ever seen.
Speaker 3: I believe I sent that to you. Yeah. I took my grandson back behind here hunting last year and we got back. There was about five in the morning, still dark, and the sasquat slaps a tree and screams, but.
Speaker 1: It had nothing to do with us. I could feel that they had nothing to do with us. It was far enough away too, And then then another one screamed back to it and it wasn't aggressive it anyway. But my poor grandson I had. This didn't bother me at all. But oh my god, that was all she wrote for him. He was like, I need to sit down, Papa, And I'm like, okay.
Speaker 3: He was eleven, I believe eleven or twelve, and.
Speaker 1: I let him sit down for a bit, and I didn't realize it was because of that Sasquat doing that. So he got up and I said, well, let's walk out here on this Civil Forest Service road and we'll go down to the left. And I kept looking back and I'm like, why are you so we're behind Papa, And finally I was like, do you want to go back home to, you know, me and MoMA's house.
Speaker 3: He's like yeah. So then when we get out, he stayed in front of me too.
Speaker 1: We get back and he tells me, I'm sorry, Papa, but my legs were shaken so bad I couldn't stand up anymore.
Speaker 3: And I was like, it's all right, you know.
Speaker 1: And then he's like, and I was so scared when we were walking back there, and I was like, I was like, it was Sasquats.
Speaker 3: It's like, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: That's all he talked about is how scared he was and how he couldn't make his legs work. And I've had that fear only once in my life, so that's just I felt like, oh my god.
Speaker 3: I felt awful for him.
Speaker 1: But you know, later in the late season, his dad brought him our youngest son brought him back there and they weren't there ten minutes and came back.
Speaker 3: And my son's like, yeah, he's ruined.
Speaker 1: He's kind of goo back. So you know, it's just both of my boys. Our boys have experienced Sasquatch stuff and all that. But this particular camp that we call the Father's Day Camp, we go there every year. It started out as the boys took me there for Father's Day. Well, that was the first camp ship I'd had in fifteen years, was that took me up there for Father's Day.
Speaker 3: And the next one was with my wife.
Speaker 1: But those Sasquats there, they don't They're almost like have a sense of humor or something. You can camp on either side of that road. Yeah, one that you got to four will drive in, which is my favorite one. But you could go either side of the road, and I'll tell you they've thrown pebbles and made sure that we knew they were there, thrown pebbles.
Speaker 3: I would already be in bed.
Speaker 1: My wife, she said as soon as that first rock came down, just pebbles.
Speaker 3: She was like, I just I got up. She doesn't play around after we got chased. She doesn't play around at all. None, of the sounds, none of that stuff.
Speaker 1: She'll she'll just get in the car and go home with people start doing calls and stuff like that. So, yeah, she came and got in bed, and the next day they're telling us both of both of our boys were like trying to get it to come out and have a drink with them, and you know, come out and will feed you and all that stuff, because they said it absolutely other than they couldn't see it. It definitely was making plenty of noise and had a great time throwing the pebbles and bouncing them off the rocks and stuff.
Speaker 3: So it was that was probably four years ago.
Speaker 1: And then you could hear them up on the road in the In the Father's Day camp last year, last camping season in May, we were there and my wife told me that during the night, something walked and ran its finger across her side of the tent during the middle of the night, and she said, and I could hear it was two feet And the next night, you know, I'm laying there because of my piss pore sleeping, I'm laying there and it's about two o'cle's right around around one or two. My son and our oldest grandson. We're having a good time at the fire. We were playing guitars, and by the time they got done and went to bed, it was maybe ten minutes after they had gone to bed, I hear this, and I was like, oh, man, because it was right up on the road above our camp, and that's real close to the Pacific Press Trail too. So I put my phone inside my sleeping bag and I turn it on so I can see the time.
Speaker 3: And then I reached underneath my cot and grab.
Speaker 1: My my forty five long judge and I put it inside. So I'm just because I've got the creeps, you know, I've got that where the hair stands up on the back of your neck type of thing going on.
Speaker 3: A couple of minutes later, I hear again, and so I'm just laying there. I'm just waiting.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I will shoot the son of a bits and he comes, I will. I don't want to do anything like that, but if I'm going to protect my family, I will. And all of a sudden, I hear from way back behind the river like that you could grow to hear it, And I thought, okay, we're okay, okay, I'm starting to learn what's their aggressive type of stuff and what's not.
Speaker 3: So that's and that was just last May, five years ago. In there. I got up one morning to go.
Speaker 1: Down to the river and get some water or coffee, and right in the middle of the path is about a three foot high two to three foot high.
Speaker 3: Pile of the leaves that had been raked up.
Speaker 1: And you could see the fingers where the you know, the fingers that raked all that up into a pile, and just like you would with a brake.
Speaker 3: So it I was like, what the hell, I kicked it all out of the way.
Speaker 1: And then when everybody got up out of bed, as I did any of you, I think it was funny to raak up some leaves dead and everybody's looking at each other like what are you talking about?
Speaker 3: And and I already knew, but I had to ask. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So that was It seems like every time we've ever gone to that camp, we get some kind of a of a.
Speaker 3: You know, interaction of some kind. So uh, that's Uh.
Speaker 1: I've talked to Alexander about you know, what I mean to really do to really do good. Uh, if you're gonna want to research or I use that term loosely what some people call research. But you have to have a minimum of five million dollars because you're gonna have to hire people and make that their job.
Speaker 3: I'm talking about people like professional trackers.
Speaker 1: You know, I would I would hire a man tracker, and I would hire an animal tracker. I would hire a biologists, I would hire people survivalists. They would go out literally and I could pay for them to live out there. That's the only way you're going to be able to do this.
Speaker 3: Is to literally put people out and make it their job for at least from from the first snow milt to the first snowfall.
Speaker 1: That's that's where they're going to live. And so that's to me, that's the only way you're going to do this. And I don't care about all these people saying science, they'll never accept it if we don't bring a body. I don't give a shit about science. I saw what I saw, I know what I know. Then they do too.
Speaker 3: I mean I talked to a Federal game board.
Speaker 1: Who had come in our camp just to make sure there was no fires a couple of years ago, and he told me, I said, so, you know, they're Sasquatch in here, and he's like, of course they are. He wasn't kidding. He goes, we know they're there, and then.
Speaker 3: He told me.
Speaker 1: He says, I'm actually the youngest one in my family that's a sasquatch investigator.
Speaker 3: And I was like, well that's cool.
Speaker 1: From his mouth to our ears, yes they do exist, and yes they are here.
Speaker 3: I'm Mount Saint Helen's now.
Speaker 1: That's but I said, so what happens if I say, you know, John Brown, the forest ranger said, He goes, number one, I'll deny it.
Speaker 3: And number two he says, we're waiting.
Speaker 1: For you, you people, to bring one in to then we'll say yes. And I was like, they don't. I don't want anything to do with it.
Speaker 3: And I don't understand why that that's what he told me. They're waiting on you. The weekend warrior, Like I said, came right from his mouth to my ears.
Speaker 1: And I've had coffee with that guy on multiple occasions.
Speaker 3: He'll stop and when he sees it's us, have some coffee. Yeah. He's a good guy.
Speaker 2: In the area that I used to investigate all the time and spent the majority of my time in. There was a park ranger there that was fully aware and willing to talk to us about everything and what even let us into areas that were closed down to the public so we could go snoop around look for tracks and stuff. But you know, nothing was ever on the record or anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the thing. He's like, off the record, off the record. I used to be next door neighbors with a retired federal game warden, Jerry. He's a long past and he told me, he says, I've never seen one, he said, but I'm pretty sure they're there, he said, because I've seen things I can't explain. He said, that's the best I can do for you. And he told me, he said that they had some ninety year old woman.
Speaker 5: And this is back in nineteen ninety nineteen ninety three or four. He told me that they had an old lady in their church that claims that when she was a little girl, that she played with.
Speaker 1: Little Sasquatch children. Oh wow, And he says, he says, you know, that woman is about as honest and perfect type of person you'll ever meet. And he says, he says, I don't doubt her in any way, shape or form. To hear those type of stories from people that are completely believable. I mean, when somebody can tell me a story without blinking and I have never reached out to anyone or anything, just that knew that I had had an accounter and just wanted to talk to me.
Speaker 3: I believe them. And then there's no ones that I am so aware of what my brains look like from just rolling my eyes. When someone starts telling me a story and you know by the time you got half a dozen words in there.
Speaker 1: That it's bullshit. I just I'm fascinated with different stories.
Speaker 3: I mean, one of the guys I worked with before I retired, he told me that he had seen one way back in the eighties.
Speaker 1: We have a place called large Mountain here. There's one in Oregon too, but back then in the eighties, he would drive over that. He was working graveguard someplace. He would drive over that large mountain to get to wherever he was going. And he said, one night, he said, this giant thing just walked across the road. He said, he didn't even look at him or nothing, just walked across the road as he was coming. He said, the thing was gigantic and muscular. And I said, well, you know, he wanted you to see him. That's the thing people don't understand. If you see them, they wanted you to see them. That's that's just how it goes. You're not going to sneak up on one of these things. And one of the biggest things people do is they try to fool them. And that's one of the worst things you can do.
Speaker 3: You can't fool them. I always tell people, keep going back to the same place. Be natural. Don't these people start whispering, and shit, what the hell are you whispering for? Don't have a fire that sasquatch knows. Damn well, you're a human. You want to have a fire. It's just crazy that it's that kind of resource that doesn't work.
Speaker 1: And I think that buying all the right equipment, good equipment, and then having these people go out each person do not involve television in any way, shape or form. Each person has a top notch camera gear and a drone. They're in different areas, and they would be paid to live doing that.
Speaker 3: Whatever whatever it takes you, you will get your salary to do.
Speaker 1: This, to be out there and and be put into places that most people won't go or have been. And I think that's the only way you're gonna satisfy as far as I don't care about proven anything, but I think that as far as research goes, that's what you need to do.
Speaker 3: You're going to have to do it that way. And I would not hire one single person that's that's been on television or has tried to make a book off of this. I never have. I've never asked for anything.
Speaker 1: This year, I've been for the first time ever in my life, I've been contacted by.
Speaker 3: This minor group, Pacific Pacific Northwest Miners rally they're having, and they ask if I would speak about what happened to us and on the Sasquatch in general. Yeah, I'm going to It's going to be August.
Speaker 1: Eighth, the ninth, and I'm just very proud to be asked to do something like this. I'm hoping I can help people because I've known miners in the past that encounter them. And one guy that we ran into he's passed now.
Speaker 3: He was up there.
Speaker 1: We actually camped with him seven years ago. He has the best picture of a Sasquatch I've ever seen. He took that in twenty twelve with a with a twelve pixel phone and he actually had it set on six pixels and he was walking on the on the road up there on the eighty one because he had a place where he was getting rubies, and he says, he, here's this ruckus. He says, all of a sudden, this big male sasquatch jumps out on the road. So he's like he took off running with his dog.
Speaker 3: And he says, and the thing just walked across the road, and he says, another one jumps out, does the same thing.
Speaker 1: Another one does, he says, and the last one jumped and grabbed the top of this tree. And that's when he quickly turned around his snap the photo in it is the thing swung with the tree onto the road and he got it as it was standing there before it let the tree go. And ye oh my god, it was very badly pixeled, but it still was very clear. You can see its eyes, you can see its fingers, you could see its legs and its feet, and how it was standing, the direction it was standing, and all that.
Speaker 3: Man he he got, he sent that. He told me.
Speaker 1: He says, well, I sent this to a the BFRO And he says, and this group called the Olympic Project has sent me a text wanted to see it, and I was like, he showed me the email that he sent and the email that he got back. I said, why would the Olympic project, I said, those guys are all the way up at the other end of the state.
Speaker 3: And so I asked, I don't know him. I'm not going to claim to know him. But Derek, when I was at a squadh fest, I asked him. I said, yeah, I met I met this guy, and he goes, I've never never been sent to anything. I don't know anything about it. So and I trust you know, Derek, I trust him.
Speaker 1: So so yeah, I was just but the guy ended up dying. But that picture man, that I was just like, crap man, I would love more than once. I've made bad mistakes. I should have taken a picture of that myself. I ran into a guy at Winko Foods when I was still doing big with barbecue. I was standing there staring in the meat section. There was like four great deals of four different kinds of meat, and I was contemplating which one I wanted to do, and then he just he's like barbecue, and I was like, yeah.
Speaker 3: We started talking.
Speaker 1: Then I told him my show and all that, and then he told me we've got him on our property and my wife feeds him. And you know, I mean, this was a very very respectful looking.
Speaker 3: Guy.
Speaker 1: I mean he was just telling me. He says, I don't do anything about it or or with them. I know they're there, but he says, yes, she'll take them out gifts and she'll make them things and feed them and all that stuff.
Speaker 3: And you know what, I did nothing. I said, have a good day. I was like, and I can't believe I've met this guy. How was that?
Speaker 1: And I didn't get any of his information nothing. That's been like six years ago.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh my god, I've done that more than I'm just like, oh, what were you thinking?
Speaker 2: No, I've done the exact same thing. In a doctor's office. I was wearing a bigfoot T shirt and I'm filling out the entry paperwork and this older guy walks past me and he's leaving. He's already had his appointment, and he walks out the door and he stops and he turns around and comes back and he said, I like your shirt. I just looked at him and I was like, oh, thanks, and he goes. He kind of looks around for a minute, looks at everybody, make sure nobody's listening. He kind of leans down towards me. He goes, you know, I shot one when I was twelve. And I looked at him, you know what a bigfoot? And he said yeah, And he proceeds to tell me this story from his childhood locations and everything right where he was at, not too far from where I live. And as he's telling this story, you know, I can see in his body language like he's recollecting the thoughts and everything he's seeing in his head. His eyes are welling up with tears and everything he is. His voice starts getting kind of shaky and stuff as he goes through the events that happen and everything. And after he was done, I just said, wow, that's that's an amazing story. Thanks for sharing that with me. And he's like, I haven't told it to anyone. That was the first time. And he just walked out. And the first thing that happened, my wife goes, why didn't you get his name and phone number? Didn't even think of it? Oh, yeah, I do a bigfoot podcast, don't I. I was just so amazed. It was such just a you know a natural thing, just like one of those moments that you're not expecting. And I didn't even think for a second about getting his contact info or anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she strives me nuts when I do that. My doctor is actually she's a physician's assistant, but she takes good care of me. Her name is Bliss.
Speaker 3: I'm not going to say her last name, but just the name alone would tell you what a kind person she is. And she she I tell her, you know, look, I broke down on this stupid show I was on, and she's like, we got to find a way to help you with your PTSD. She said, one way is to stop doing.
Speaker 1: Those and I was like, yep, Well I did stop doing them, and it kind of got better and better and better. As far as the sleep goes, I don't think i'll ever sleep regular again. There's another man that's very, very very high in the Sashquatch world.
Speaker 3: I mean he told me that he does not He said, if I tell you this, I don't want you to ever repeat it, So I'm not going to use his name, but he said ever since his encounter, he's also been on sleep medicine for fifteen years. So I was just like, wow, he thinks it has to do.
Speaker 1: He heard the humming too, and so he thinks that might have something to do with it.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't dream about him. I just can't sleep after that that night, I can't sleep. So I thoroughly enjoy listening to people who aren't out there. One kid told me when I was still working, he has a neighbor girl somewhere around twenty years old. This is about five years ago.
Speaker 3: He was telling me. He says, lives out Namboy. That's real rural too.
Speaker 1: That she left her friend's house and she just had to walk through a patch of work woods to get to her house. She says, she gets about halfway through the woods and something starts following her, so she speeds up and she gets out and she runs up to her porch. She turns around and there is a sasquatch standing twenty feet from her looking at her. And she goes to open the door, and her boyfriend had it locked, and so she's apparently banging on the door and when he opens it, it's is when the thing ran back in the woods. But he did glimpse it, but she said that it just stood there and stared at her and she is such a hardcore Christian that she thinks it was a gorilla because her God would never make something like that. I was like, oh my God. I tried to interview her, but she refused. So there are people like that that I believe. Tell you tell you things. I worked with another kid. He was a temporary I worked four years ago. And I asked him, I said, because he worked for the Forest Reservice as attempt during the year. The Force Reservice employees kids till they're like twenty one or twenty or something like that. So he had planted trees and things like that for many years, but now he was the year that he was too old.
Speaker 3: He goes, no, but they make us. When we first get hired, you have a meeting and they tell you that if you see tracks, you tell your supervisor. He'll take a picture, and then you destroy the tracks. And he just didn't skip a beat. He said that they they will take certain areas because they want to keep the big footers out, and they will put fake tracks in different areas so that the bigfooters don't go into these certain areas.
Speaker 1: And he said that he told me how they actually he said they if you see one, you're not supposed to talk about it. You're supposed to just tell your supervisor and he'll take care of it. And he said, and some of the ones that cause problems, they just kill. And he said there's a place in Florida that they send the bodies.
Speaker 3: And I was like, no, shit.
Speaker 1: Well, it wasn't too many years after that that he saw that Jesse Ventura had a had a show about conspiracy and all that, and in Florida there is a place where they do all these experiments and stuff and you cannot get not even if you're a senator. You can't get in here into that place. So that's what made me. I just the guy, it just rolled off his tongue like.
Speaker 3: It was nothing.
Speaker 1: We're eating lunch and I'm just like, wow, Wow, this is I knew it was true what he was telling me, and it made sense. So I've carried that with me too. I'm like, wow, that's that's amazing. I've filed a few people about it, and it makes sense.
Speaker 3: To them too. Yeah. I had never heard that.
Speaker 1: No, he was that's here in Washington. We were just happened to be on launch at the same time. All I wanted was help. And that's all I'm.
Speaker 3: Hoping I could do for other people is I will listen to you and gosh, whatever I can do to help that. There was just nobody that could do that.
Speaker 1: And when it came down to it, who can you if you go tell your doctor. And the first thing I happened to us when I went to work and I told a small group of guys what happened. The first guy says, well, I sure would like to smoke what you're smoking. I was like, mother effort, It's got nothing to do with smoking or drinking. You know, hallucinate when you're drinking beer and you know. And another guy he's like, yeah, I'm going to go up there and see if I can't make a friend. Well, he went up there by himself, and he said he was so creaked out that he had to leave. But then he went back up there and he threw a loaf of bread on the other side of the creek. And he came back in the morning and he said there was a perfect tear in the middle of the bread and it was brought back onto the other side and he said there was four pieces missed, no crumbs in there. From something chewing on it or anything like that.
Speaker 2: How does a loaf of bread get across a creek?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and a perfect my tear with four because he counted the pieces of bread.
Speaker 3: With four pieces gone. It's just I don't know. I believe also a lot of people would disagree, but that's okay. I believe that they do know what fire is, and I believe that when they need it, they know how to make it.
Speaker 1: I believe these things are not holmost safety and sapien. I hate even saying things. There are some kind of people. There are definitely some kind of people. And I think that when people.
Speaker 3: Go, well, we got to kill one so that we can save them, save them from what They haven't needed any protection. Why would they need your protection? It just doesn't make.
Speaker 2: Sense going into this, Like you know, we had that conversation and everything about how it seems that possibly other podcasts have, like you said, just tried to trigger you to get that rise out of you and be entertainment or whatever. And so you know, I told you that I wasn't going to pressure you to do it. It's up to you.
Speaker 3: Oh, I've been completely comfortable with you, Matt, completely.
Speaker 2: Good, good, I decided that I was just going to let you, you know, tell your story how you wanted to tell it, and just leave it at that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I do. I try to do the best I can. My wife says, I jump around a lot, and it might be because of the PTSD that I can't seem to keep it all in a perfect role. You know, I do the best I can. Yeah, you did fine.
Speaker 2: I mean, like obviously there's like things that I'm thinking about about your story, and there might be some questions that I have for you or whatever. But I'll ask all those you know, off air and personal messages.
Speaker 3: Anything we talk about you.
Speaker 1: You ever want me to come back on, I'd be glad to It's it's been a pleasure though talking to you. I feel very comfortable about talking about it. I mean, I don't have all the other worries, like what am I going to do at work? There's a lot of stress.
Speaker 3: Seems like every time this would happen, I'm dealing with a lot of stress. Yeah, and you know, I mean I remember when my son got laid.
Speaker 1: Off in my little his little boy he's just he could he wasn't even walking or anything, you know, And I I just you know, and then all of a sudden, I'm going through all this shit. You know, I'm worried about my son. I'm worried about what grandson. And I tend to let a lot of things worry me back in the day, and I don't anymore.
Speaker 3: I just it's not it's not worth the trouble. Uh. I don't, I don't. I try not to judge people, but I just want. I think everybody should know that it's okay to change your mind about anything.
Speaker 2: If you've had an encounter with Bigfoot or something else you can't explain, and you'd like to share your story on the podcast, email me at Bigfoot Crossroads at gmail dot com. Check out the website Bigfoot Crossroads dot com. You can find links to social media, past episodes, merchandise, everything you need all in one place, and until next time, remember there's something in the woods.
Speaker 3: Used