Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, welcome to Game Breaking News with me Jeff Grub, your host from giant bomb dot com. Thank you for tuning in to this episode. We're gonna be talking about all the info from Switch to his big launch game and more. It's gonna be a good one because we have Lex Luddie on the show. LEXI, how are you doing, Bob.
Speaker 2: I'm alive, which is fair. Yeah, that's I'm not doing too bad. I've been super busy. I was traveling last Friday. I was at the Irish Game Awards and a summit that was on around ash.
Speaker 3: And did let me think, what's the Guinness win again?
Speaker 4: Nailed it?
Speaker 3: Nailed it now?
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 4: It was really nice, it was. It was.
Speaker 2: The Irish Game Awards is more like local base than something like Bafter. Like Bafter does have just one award for Best British Game, but the Immish Awards try to do like all the games that again nominasa Irish games or games partly developed in Ireland. But it meant that you had a very funny situation where best Narrative went to an indie game made by one guy and runner up for best Narrative went to Balders Gate three. Okay, so you know, but yeah, it was a great shoe.
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 2: It was nice hanging out with people and seeing stuff. Talked to Zelavia Nelson that dude's super smart.
Speaker 3: He's always always a joy to talk to him, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, saw Tom Hall chain, saw him with the chainsaw from from Doom, the chain from Doom.
Speaker 4: So that was weird.
Speaker 2: And I ever switched to pre order, which I think makes me gaming loyalty, Like, yeah.
Speaker 3: All right, you know, I didn't invite y'all in here to brag.
Speaker 1: I'm jealous. It does make you better than me though, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: But that was not requestion's getting fucked over by America anyway.
Speaker 4: It's your fault.
Speaker 2: Can't buy PS five games anymore, We can't buy PS five's at all.
Speaker 3: Yep, this is all your fault.
Speaker 1: It's at a nasty business we got going on this country of ours. Yeah, does it feel like it's going to solve itself anytime soon? And uh, no one else seems to know what to do about it, so it's just gonna keep getting worse.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we had the Mario Kart direct today. We we'll talk about that.
Speaker 1: You know, ont info that that we already knew, but I'm you know, it definitely has me still very excited. Uh, but no no new info about pre ordering here in the States or in Canada. I think people are expecting to this point for that stuff to kick in next week maybe.
Speaker 3: I mean there's some rumors. Who knows how reliable that info.
Speaker 4: Shadow drop Oblivion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there you go, Yes, when it's acquires but Microsoft and releases Oblivion.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think people are expecting to kick in next week.
Speaker 1: Although you know that all that stuff comes from retailers, like the back end, you know, CMSs for retailers or whatever, and that stuff always feels like it could just be placeholder, like who's actually in charge of putting that info in there? So we'll see, but we're looking for any scraps of info. Meanwhile, like you were, you had a pretty easy time of preordinan right, It wasn't too painful.
Speaker 3: It was like you got it right when you tried.
Speaker 4: It was first try. I got on that early.
Speaker 2: I know that they did sell out eventually in smit's, but then they got a second batch a couple of days later, So like there seems to be switches to.
Speaker 4: Go around once the pre orders go live.
Speaker 2: It definitely wasn't a bombush like the PS five and Xbox were.
Speaker 1: Yes, And have you talked to any other friends in your region? Are they having a similar sort of situation.
Speaker 2: Lots of the folks in the UK have found it pretty easy. I know it was a bit more difficult, like you did have to be keeping an eye out for when stuff went live. Ireland was pretty easy because it was probably a less in tune like consumer base. But yeah, I think people in Britain had a bit tougher, but even then still not nearly as bad as like other consoles and stuff.
Speaker 3: It is like, I mean, in.
Speaker 1: My head, throughout all of Europe and I'm Americans, so Europe is just one big thing. Uh it is like, oh, PlayStation just dominates there and even Nintendo's a.
Speaker 3: Little bit of an afterthought. Is that Is that right still? Or was that ever right?
Speaker 2: Nintendo is like super big four kids, like grandparents will get their kids a gain for the Nintendo, you know, same as American in a lot of ways. Xbox three to sixty was fucking huge, but PS four eight hits lunch right after that, Like, I know, no one that Bosh and Xbox one in Ireland, and like, I know people that do have series, but most of those people are in the industry, right, so like that seems like a bad sample to take. I don't know very many casual people, friends or anything that have a Xbox, and they mainly have like PS five is kind of where people think of doing the gaming or Switch, but Switch is super popular everywhere in Europe.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: The thing with that is like if you're in like Ireland or the UK and you buy an Xbox, you just automatically it comes with an Xbox podcast that you're on. Like that, I think that's how it works. So you're in the industry. As soon as you buy an Xbox, you just started a podcast. All right, Well, you know what, let's explain what we do here most weekdays. I Jeff Grubb, will help piece your gaming life back together. That includes breaking news and maybe even some of our own original reporting. For all these topics, I'll get the input of a bona fide expert who will make.
Speaker 3: Me look smart.
Speaker 1: If you are watching live on twitch welcome, you can always listen to the show. Listen to the show later on podcast feeds by searching for game breaking news or find the RSS feed on giant bomb dot com. You can also catch the show later on YouTube. Hello YouTube. All right, we have a lot to get into, so let's start the show with that Mario Kartworld direct and all the details out of it, including info about Grand Prix races, Knockout Tours, Battle Mode, Free Roman, more kind of collated what I could here. I think I got this from a Gamatsu, so shout outs to them.
Speaker 3: Just drop something on the floor.
Speaker 1: Mario Kartworld introduces an interconnected world with courses linked by roads, enabling exploration and navigation between races. Grand pre mode features four races per cup, with players driving between courses within a cup. Knockout Tour is a new mode with extended rallies and checkpoints eliminations.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I think this game looks super fucking bad. It is funny how little attention they have given the battle modes yet again, like that segment in the direct is like maybe like fifteen seconds out of a few fifteen minute direct. I watched it back there and they're like, oh yeah, and the bowel modes are here too, and they still kind of suck anyway, But yeah, it looks fucking awesome. The outfit stuff looks really cool. That Pauline outfit is who poor for poor respectfully? But yeah, I think this game looks awesome. Does it look eighty dollars eighty euro ninety zero depending on how you buy it awesome? I don't know, because I think everyone is buying it in the form of the bundle. So like, this game hurts way less when you think of it as fifty dollars or sixty euro and okau, but I don't know it. The idea of this being being eighty dollars is still like there's a bit of a question mark over that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a it's a little stunning, a little shot, and it's you know, I know for a fact that I will get, you know, eighty dollars worth of hours.
Speaker 3: Played in this game. Like, I'll play this game a whole bunch.
Speaker 1: I like Mario Kart a lot, and especially when I start playing with the kids, We're gonna we're gonna play this a ton, it's gonna be NonStop. And yet eighty dollars just feels like such a weird hurdle. It's very much a mental block of yeah, sure, I'm gonna play this enough to justify that price, and yet it still doesn't necessarily feel justified. I think that these modes that they laid out of of you know, Grand Prix, very familiar, but driving between the courses like during the Grand Prix, I wonder if that gets old.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think they maybe maybe they said during the direct that you can just jump to the next race. I think there was some mention of that. So I'm sure they have solutions for any of these. Before I've played the game, anxieties about oh my god, is this is gonna be not what I want it to be.
Speaker 3: Knockout Tour.
Speaker 1: That's one where it's like, I think that sounds good on paper, I bet it won't be as fun as it's sounds. And then you know everyone who's played it, and Dan was reiterating this because he has actually tried this, it's like everyone loved it.
Speaker 3: It was so much fun. I'm okay, all right, But then I guess I should get my hopes up for that. That sounds good.
Speaker 4: I think.
Speaker 2: The one problem with that one, and you will probably run into this, and anyone who has like nieces and nephews or kids will run into this is kids don't like being knocked out.
Speaker 3: They don't like getting a second place. Lexie. Yes, hate losing. They hate it so much.
Speaker 2: So I don't think they'll be super excited by the idea of like, hey, dad's still playing and you're not.
Speaker 3: I think she get good and you'll speak of that.
Speaker 1: They did have the automatical steering and stuff and the automatic acceleration.
Speaker 3: They showed that, so good news for people who have kids that use that. So I was happy to see it, and.
Speaker 4: I mean, like your kids will have no problem back Alah.
Speaker 1: On the other hand, he's helpless, just absolutely hopeless as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's gonna be bad.
Speaker 2: She's too busy getting good in Rocket League. He hasn't been able to learn how to like las and a real racing game.
Speaker 3: You know, yep, that's that's right, man. You know what's a good video game? Rocket League? All right's and then and then the free roam. You know, they showed off more of that.
Speaker 1: But and they kind of one of the things you mentioned when we were talking about, like the gather ampt the costumes, there are these meal sacks. It looks like, you know, you go through fast food and sacks of burgers or whatever that are glowing and rainbow color and shiny, and you pick them up and as you do that, it unlocks a themed costume for.
Speaker 3: The character that you're playing as.
Speaker 1: And this seems to be one of the incentives to have you go out and explore this open world in the free ROM mode. And to me, it's like, yeah, that sounds pretty good. Like, obviously there's other secrets, there are other things to discover in the open world, but having this as an option to like kind of keep like just a little bit of a carrot on a stick, that is enough for me to be like, yeah, I'm gonna want to get a lot of those. And it seems like you could play as different characters to get different costumes. It's like, yeah, that sounds like a ton of content right there on its own. So I don't know everything about the free roam mode has really worked for me, and I was really happy to see this as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I appreciate the idea that Mario is stopping to Gesh garage sushi. That's really good, the idea that he's like risking it. But yeah, the outfits themselves look really fucking cool from what we've seen of some of them, Like some of it is like the Malibu Sac thing of just oh, they have a new hat, but also, guys, have you seen Pauline's new hat?
Speaker 1: Yes, exactly, it's a latex. It's very wow. And then like the poll will go up or it's up now, but we'll talk about it later. But there is an image of Warrio dressed up as a bee, and that's just really stupid and funny to me, and I like it a lot. I just like looking at this stuff. So and I the aesthetics of Mario Kart have been very good for forever, but really like since like seven, they've really got it right. And then going to HD with Mario Cart eight, finally it's like, oh, I don't know if Nintendo games ever need to look better than this, and you know, this is very much in line with that. They're actually not trying to look that much better than Mario Kart eight, but they have more physics stuff, more animation kind of popping in that way, and so it's like, well, they just made the art as appealing as possible, and it really does appeal to me.
Speaker 3: It always has.
Speaker 4: I think the thing that I.
Speaker 2: Said it in the Giant Bomb chat join the talk over that you did, but like watching this direct I was like, you know, I could fucking go for a Splatoon four right now, like a bigger Splatoon four. Remember when they tease Splatoon three and people are like, oh, is it open world?
Speaker 4: And then yeah, I have felt that.
Speaker 3: I saw that. I'm like, I hope it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that seems like it could be real this time. Yeah, I'm super I know the I think that, Like the big feeling for me around the Switch To is like most of the games I play and I enjoy playing, kind of like PS four is where things like things don't need to look better than this, Like I don't see any graphical difference as someone that goes back and plays a lot of PS three and PS two and PS one games at the moment just for research purposes, Like I don't see much difference for PS five to PS four stuff, and the idea this being on power with a PS four power wise at least, you know, that's what the Digital Foundry people are saying. Yeah, Like I look at these games, I'm like, yeah, things don't really need to look better than this, Like I'm fine with this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And for the switch To, it's like it's kind of even a better, like the best case scenario of that where you know, Digital Founder is saying PS four games is like what the people are going to be targeting. But it has a faster CPU, more memory bandwidth, it's gonna you know, have.
Speaker 3: SSD storage, or it's working with close to SSD storage.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it's working with you know, the AI upscaling and the frame generation and stuff that wasn't.
Speaker 1: Odd exactly right, Yes, then you get all the benefits of Nvidia software teams like focused on this. You know, Nintendo's their biggest gaming client and they they're gonna make sure that tech is really good for this thing. So yeah, so it's a best case scenario, and you're right. As soon as we got the PS four and Xbox One, even though those that hardware was very lackluster, very cheap, it's it still was enough to meet the plateau. The plateau of games don't need to look better than Doom twenty sixteen. They don't need to look much better than Mario Kart eight. They can, but then that's the barriers no longer the hardware.
Speaker 3: It is the money.
Speaker 1: As we saw last of Us Part two was on a PS four and it's like, well if you have that kind of money, look what you can do. It's like, yeah, absolutely, but I'm looking around and nobody else has that money. There's one other team that has that money. It's Rockstar, and they're doing a whole other thing. So I'm not gonna this is just not the expectation I have anymore. My expectation is, let's make a game like Mario Kart that looks as good as it can other stuff, like they showed more details about some new driving techniques. There's the charge jump. This is for a leaping and as well as wall riding. So basically you kind of like you just prime up a jump by holding the button and the cart actually like hunches down. It looked really cool, and then when you let go, you you pop off with this bigger jump. This enables you to get up on like rails that are a little bit higher to grind on them, or to like thrust yourself into a wall to begin wall riding around a curve. And that looked. That looked really awesome. That looks so much fun. It's the kind of thing where it's like it doesn't sound like a lot. And obviously other cart games have had like the grinding for example, but giving you just one or two more things to do during a race to keep you engaged, it's going to go a long way, I think. So I'm every little bit of this I see as well, Like this is really working for me.
Speaker 2: It reminds me a lot of Tony Hawk adding the leversh of Like, yeah, this is like this is a simple extra mechanic, but the way that it changes the dynamic and it allows you to things together sounds really exciting to me as someone that like I put three hundred hours into Mario Kart eight, Like I've played the shit out of that game. The idea of having like a couple of more verbs at my disposal for things to do an experiment with like that just sounds like it's gonna give so much more replayability to each level as I try to like figure out what the best routes are for different different races.
Speaker 1: Sean this this Sunday, he's listening, I think he is.
Speaker 3: He'll listen later this Sunday.
Speaker 1: Let's set up a like a final goodbye Mario cart eight Deluxe tournament thing and we'll do that Sunday morning.
Speaker 4: Are you gonna do every single race course?
Speaker 3: What races. We'll make go one of a lot of races.
Speaker 1: But yeah, Sean likes to set these up, so I know, I can just throw that out there and let's get that going.
Speaker 3: That would be a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: I was saying, you should bring back the do a podcast during Mario Kart, except you do it in Mario Kart with the cameras and the microphone.
Speaker 1: Hey, speaking of the cameras, they did show off, like I think it's pretty neat. It's you know, who's actually gonna end up using this, I don't know, but I mean I probably will at least once. But it's beyond you know, the cameras, so you could share your faces online with your friends, you know, in other places or in other homes whatever. There is the ability for the camera to track up to four faces in a room, and so if you're playing four players split screen, it'll get all four players faces and put it next to the character in the game. So when you do something to them and you hit them with a red shell, you can see the reaction in the game without having to look over at them and break like you're a line of sight with like what you're actually playing. It is, I mean it's kind of absurd, but I think I love it.
Speaker 3: I think that's a really fun idea and a fun use for this.
Speaker 1: Like I'm just imagining at Mario party and how much fun it's going to be like to grab a screenshot of the grimace on someone's face when something terrible happens in that game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm I'm excited for people to try to get it to recognize things that aren't faces as faces.
Speaker 3: Could you possibly mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, things, A pile, A pile of cocaine, I think is what we're talking about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's usually how it goes.
Speaker 1: Let's see anything else we talked about the drive throughs I did say a meal sack and chats not stop talking about White Castle Sense Club.
Speaker 4: You said meal sack and I was like, m m, that's.
Speaker 3: Not it's It's just it's a meal in a sack.
Speaker 2: That's How have I ever told you about spice bags, a common delicacy in Galway.
Speaker 3: Sounds like my ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a bag full of fries and a bunch of Chinese spices and it's basically what all the Chinese restaurants in Ireland started to sell when they realized that Irish people loved potatoes, and they were like, they're like, fuck, we need to start selling them spice bags and just put like like, there's fucking everything in there.
Speaker 4: There's like charizo, the shredded chicken.
Speaker 3: There's just sounds so good. Oh my god, this sounds good.
Speaker 1: You'd love to so yeah, shit, okay, well I'm gonna get myself a spice bag. It's you know, it sounds like, is a walking taco?
Speaker 3: You know what that is? No, it's you get a bag of free.
Speaker 1: Do's and you just put a bunch of like meat and cheese in there and maybe some lettuce and you just eat it with a fork.
Speaker 2: It's hey, it hits Your country deserves what's happening to it?
Speaker 3: Oh, I would never argue against that and the walking tacos. That's it. We're guilty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I get it, all right, So we Roadside Assistance is like, oh, this is the thing with the smart steering, auto accelerate and tilt controls, but all that stuff's back. Honestly, one of the most accessible games in terms of enabling young players to play. Nintendo's not great with accessibility in a lot of traditional ways for helping a wide variety of people, who have a variety of disabilities to play. But this, at the very least, the smart steering does go a long way, I think, And I'm glad it's back.
Speaker 3: I'm glad. I'm glad that still works with even it being open world. Right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're really good at tricking kids into thinking that they're doing something when they're not. Oh yeah, Mario, want to see one of like you control the cop yep, you know you're part of the team budd s.
Speaker 1: Yeah, go ahead, point at this screen. Whatever the kids do. Eventually, like Emmy, who's eight, Now, I'm like, here, go and turn on smart steering.
Speaker 3: She's like, no, I'm good.
Speaker 1: So she started steering for herself, like okay, and she's blame better.
Speaker 2: So she knows she'll be ready to play Model Snap while playing Mariocott any day.
Speaker 1: Now, that's right, I gotta get her ready for it. Yeah, sixteen is going to be here before I know it. All right, real quick, before we move on.
Speaker 3: When you were describing the spice bags, you said fries. Do you actually call them fries in your country?
Speaker 4: I was being nice to you.
Speaker 1: You're translating, okay, I could tell. I wanted to make sure I'm like, I'm pretty sure she's translating for me.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, let's keep going here. I'm bilingual, you speak dumbass as well. Yeah, good, okay.
Speaker 1: Nintendo Switch to VRR mentions disappear from Nintendo's website. This is from Jordan Midler at VGC. Nintendo has removed several references to vr R support from the official Nintendo Switch to website. As part of the Nintendo As far as Nintendo's Nintendo Switch to reveal, the firm announced that the new console would support four K, one hundred and twenty frames per second and VRR variable refresh rate. Now, Nintendo has seemingly removed mentions of VRR from several official websites. As noted by Digital Foundries Oliver mackenzie, mentions of VRR have been removed from some certain regional Nintendo websites. At the time of the writing, mentions of VRR have been removed from the Canadian, US and Japanese versions of the site. It's apparently still up on the European site. Maybe it'll still come down. VGC can confirm at the time of writing that the text is still president on the European version of the website, but it is possible that Nintendo is in the process of removing.
Speaker 3: Okay, well they're saying what I just said right there.
Speaker 1: VRR is, you know a cool thing. It's like, remember g sync and free sync. It's it's you know, those are variations on VRR. Basically, what it means is your TV can refresh at a rate different from sixty or thirty frames per second. It can update, It can really update a frame whenever the video game has a frame ready, so you don't get tearing and there's much less jitter. It just makes like thirty five frames per second and then suddenly it's fifty five frames per second. Makes that look much better than it normally does, because what really hurts is most people can handle a steady, firm thirty frames per second, but when it's jumping up and down between variable refresh rates, it can look really bad. But with VRR, this it can make it look actually like, oh, this sometimes looks better than some other options, or you know, like fifty five frames per second solid it's like, no, this actually looks better than that. Anyway, I am wondering what's happening here, LEXI. My guess is there is probably there's some problem with the implementation at launch, and it's something they will kind of update and bring back to the system later. There's also the possibility that the dock that they're using maybe is causing some troubles as well. I think PlayStation for Pro was supposed to get VRR. I can't remember exactly what, but I know Sony has had this where they released the system. It's gonna get VRR eventually, and that comes much later in an update. I hope it doesn't go that way with the switch to I hope it just kind of happens like a few weeks later. There's a possibility they'll just bring this much later as well.
Speaker 3: So I don't know what's happening.
Speaker 1: Is you know this kind of a display tech stuff, Does it do anything for you?
Speaker 2: Well, it's worth remembering that like Nintendo or the company who launched the switch one and we're like, sorry, we can't support Bluetooth headphones. We just don't have the technology, and then five years later we're like, actually, Bluetooth works, and it's been in there the whole time. Yeah, this isn't past them. I wouldn't put it past them, And it's weird, but you know this stuff is really nice. As someone that started using their Steam Deck a lot, these kind of techniques really help smooth out those experiences, and those are the kindly experiences that you want to be having on your switch, like handheld gaming that feels like it's big boy console gaming or PC gaming in a lot of ways. So yeah, like these techniques really help, and I do help hope that they work. But like Nintendo also the company that like have never used anti aliasing in any of their games ever, just because they seem like Marley opposed to it, So I'm kind of surprised it's in there in the first place.
Speaker 3: Yep, it's right. That's where I'm at too.
Speaker 1: It's like, oh, man, I think when they mentioned this or we saw it or something at one of the earlier Nintendo switched to talkovers that we did, it's like, VRR look at that, and it's like that one surprised me. HDR surprised me a little bit as well. I guess that one shouldn't have, but having HDR built into the the handheld screen and then obviously then that means we'll be able to support it on TV's fantastic. But VRR felt like a nice bonus and I and you're right, it is good. Like having it on the Steam Deck or the various other handheld PCs does make a big difference, especially you know, as things are underpowered.
Speaker 3: This will help a little bit.
Speaker 1: Make that feel a little bit easier to take. So I hope this returns. I'm a big fan of vrr. Yeah, if you have the ability to, like, you know, plug a PC in your TV and it gives you option to use gcinc everybody, you should use g sync.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: Nintendo switch To backward compatibility list has been updated.
Speaker 3: I guess that that's.
Speaker 1: Part of the news here, LEXI is that so Nintendo has a big chart and a bar graph showing like, hey, we've tested these games and they're confirmed to work without issue on switch to in backward compatibility mode. Then there's a long list of games that are like the start and they should be good, but maybe maybe something's in there that doesn't work. We're not sure, we haven't tested ourselves yet. Then there's like a very tiny part of the bar a handful of games relatively speaking, because there's like five one hundred thousand games on the switch whatever it is, and a small percentage being probably still more than one hundred games that don't start up or have some other very noticeable problem. A couple of games on that list included Fitness Boxing, which is a surprisingly mega popular game on the Switch. I think that's one of those ones where Ring Fit Adventure really popped off, and so people are like, well, I'm gonna get another exercise game on my switch, and Fitness Boxing was that, and then Fortnite, which they like. I think they did mention like that could have some issues, but they weren't. Weren't sure, Well, it's going to get a native switch to version, so they've updated the list. I think that's another part of the news here is Nintendo is going to be updating what's going on. This isn't that wasn't just a static list that will just stay over on the side that will have some more information for us as they learn more, which is some So Fitness Boxing two is going to get its issues looked at and addressed in an update. So overall, the like the backward compatibility, my expectation, LEXI is that most things are gonna work without much problems, without many problems.
Speaker 3: But I won't be surprised.
Speaker 1: If we kind of hear at launch some people discovering like, hey, this is just this has broken this shadow later in this boss fight in a game it's displaying wrong. That's the kind of stuff I'm expecting, how about you.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The thing that I'm kinda surprised about is that they didn't have more of this list, like well researched, considering we know, like the switch Tres delayed a bunch, and I'm surprised that they weren't reaching out to developers and being like, hey, we have this extra time, let's make sure that is many big games that we want to promote on the e Shop day one are gonna work. Like they're gonna want to be selling stuff like Doom twenty sixteen and Doom Maternal because those ports will assumably run much better, and so they could, and so you'd think that they'd be out there talking to third party developers being like, hey does this still fucking boot up? And way earlier, and that they'd be addressing these problems way earlier. It is, we're showing that they're like updating the list and updating it with two games.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, since this thing was announced, seems pretty slow, But like I know, lots of developers that still don't have, you know, development kits, so it's like these aren't readily available for developers to tests in a lot of cases.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I am right that it does seem slow. I like Nintendo like the list when you look at the biograph, like the solid Blue that's like these games we've tested and they work and were sure. I think a lot of those are first party Nintendo games or games that like Nintendo has a close relationship with. It feels like they tested those and then they're like they looked at the list of like, now here are four thousand other games, and I think someone Nintendo's just like, well, screw that, we're not doing that. So those studios can worry about that at a certain point, and it's like I I'm with you where it's like I get Nintendo can be stingy and can be sort of weird about.
Speaker 3: These kinds of things. But my expectation was they know.
Speaker 1: How important backward compatibility is, and they've seen other companies Steam or Valve and Microsoft take this very seriously and establish a dedicated team to go in and research all this stuff. Doesn't seem like that's necessarily what Nintendo has done here, Like they don't have the check mark system from the Steam Deck, for example, so will they need that? Okay, probably not. And again I bet most things are just gonna work, and I think that's their hope as well, So we'll see. I'm glad that has backwork compatibility, but and I'm interested to see exactly how that works when we finally have the switch to in our hands.
Speaker 4: Did you put it in here?
Speaker 2: I saw the headline and I meant to click on it, but I thought I saw that someone was saying, like, oh, your save data won't transfer to the two Zelda games, and that seems fucking.
Speaker 4: Wild that they're charging.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I understand why that they are different versions of the game, but like Tony and Xbox have figured this out. You can play you can transfer your Ghost Shueshima PS four save data to your PS five version. You can do the same with all of their first part of games. Like that feels pretty fucking egregious.
Speaker 4: And yes, it's weird, very.
Speaker 2: In a very Nintendo way of like do you want to start again? It's still good they'll want to start again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's because like it doesn't really make sense because this is an option to get like the ten dollar upgrade, right, like you can go to the switch to version by paying ten dollars and what that just doesn't bring your saveover. That's what they're saying is, I'll let's read the Eurogamer story. Switch to A edition Zelda games won't support cloud saves to back back up your data. The switch to editions of bo Zelda games won't support cloud saves for database for data backup, and it's currently unclear why. On the storage pages for both is Zelda Breath of the Wild and Zelda Tears of the Kingdom on Switch to A disclaimer reads, please note this software does not support the Nintendo Switch Online paid Memberships save Data cloud backup feature. The same disclamer is not president for president for other Switch to edition games Super Mario, Party Jamboree, Metroid Prime four, and Kirby and the Forgotten Land. So it's unclear why this is only impacting Zelda games. That's why it was like weird to me. It's like, why is this just Zelda? What is happening here?
Speaker 2: Party Jomboie Saved data will carry over though, that's a.
Speaker 1: That's like really the salve on this wound, right, Like we'll be able to survive twenty five because we have our Mario Party Jamboree save data.
Speaker 4: Yeah, plus Jobo TV please, yeah, of course.
Speaker 3: Yeah. What is it?
Speaker 1: Super Mario Party Jamboree Nintendo Switch to Edition plus Jamboree or Chamburrie TV Live.
Speaker 3: Is that what it is?
Speaker 4: Tamburi TV?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's it. Just keeps going that title. Let's see here. Why does this matter?
Speaker 1: As a user on reset aer noded players can import their save file from the original switch to continue using the switch to edition of the game, but then won't be able to create a new cloud save file as they continue.
Speaker 3: So can you transfer transfer it from switch one? Either way? There's some weirdness here.
Speaker 1: I don't I wish which just had to answer these questions like why Zelda.
Speaker 2: That's the thing that I've been you know, I've talked about with a few people, but like Nintendo have delivered so little information on their own products this go around. It feels like one of like people talk about how when the Xbox One was announced, there was that kind of scuffle bush among all the press who were at that event trying to figure out information because they didn't want to say certain things and different representatives were saying different things. It feels like that, but it's been going on for two weeks, like the amount of conflicting things on different Nintendo websites, the amount of like press having to track down even the price of the console itself, and the press having to be the ones to deliver that news and Nintendo not wanting to deliver it themselves, and it feels fucking weird. It feels like there's parts of this console that they know are backwards already, Like it's a more self aware Nintendo where they're like, well, people get mad at us when we tell them all the weird dumb shit that we do sometimes, so what if we just let someone else tell them the weird dumb shit that we're doing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's I don't like it.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm wonder if they think it's working for them, because it feels like people are still getting mad at Nintendo and now also annoyed that they aren't being forthright and just kind of coming out with this stuff and just saying it.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I mean, look at the YouTube chat for that direct that was on today. It was still people angry at Nintendo saying lower the price, like people. Then I would die to see like the consumer sentiment Laporsche going around Nintendo at the moment of how people actually are saying that they feel about Bush.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I know some people who work that job at Nintendo, and there it is. You know, they have to go online and like read reset era and then take like what people are saying, put it in a report and hand it off to the Doug Bowsers and I bet, I bet that is a fun read right now, and how people are feeling about it. Uh okay, yeah, let's see. Our chat is all saying triple the price.
Speaker 3: So there. Yeah, let me say, Sean's got something for me? What was it here? All right? Taking a look floating?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, thank you Sean. It says right here in the trailer, your save data does transfer, so the save data, your save file form from the switch one version of Zelda will go to the switch to and then at that point there is some weirdness with the clouds for some reason, at least according to one disclaimer, at this moment, which feels like things could change.
Speaker 3: I don't know. For some reason, this feels like one of those moments.
Speaker 1: Where it's like maybe there's some confusion and Nintendo will clarify and be like, well, we just meant in this one specific case, or if it is as they're saying, that's weird. We need more info and exactly an explanation of why this is.
Speaker 3: Okay, We're gonna take a break.
Speaker 1: When we come back, plenty more to talk about, including more price increases.
Speaker 3: Right after this. All right, we're back. I'm Jeff Grubb. That's Lexilotti.
Speaker 1: We're here on game breaking news talking about PlayStation Plus prices in Canada are increasing again. This is from Chris Scullying at VGC PlayStation Plus prices in Canada are rising for the second time. Canadian subscribers, including reset era user Cuiado I can't read that because there's a little squiggly mark in my microsoftware document that says this is filled wrong, have been reporting that they've received emails from Sony informing them that twelve month subscriptions for the service would be rising from June twenty fourth. On that date, the price for a twelve month PS plus Essential subscription will change from ninety five dollars to one hundred and ten dollars, an increase of fifteen Canadian dollars. A twelve month PS plus Extra subscription will increase from one hundred and fifty five dollars to one hundred ninety dollars, a thirty five dollars increase. The PS plus Premium subscription for twelve months is also going up by thirty five dollars. That's from one hundred ninety to two hundred twenty five dollars. According to Sony's email, the price adjustment will enable us to continue bringing high quality games and benefits to your PlayStation Plus subscription service. This is the second time Canadian players have seen their PlayStation Plus prices rise, following a hike in twenty twenty three. Before then, Essential cost seventy dollars a year. Extra was priced at one hundred and fifteen dollars a year, and premium was one hundred and.
Speaker 3: Forty dollars a year.
Speaker 1: So that's premium has gone from one hundred and forty Canadian dollars two and twenty five Canadian dollars. I gotta, I gotta think that this is likely exchange rate issues. You know, the Canadian dollars not worth a ton. It's Canadians often get raked over the coals with price increases before anyone else. So, yeah, that stinks. People in I mean Canada already very price sensitive. This cannot help.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you know, Sony got out there and they said, we need this money to be able to continue to bring great games to you, like Disney's up for the PS two, you know all those Intelligent Cube two. The only way you'll be able to play those games is is if you give them like two hundred and twenty five dollars.
Speaker 4: That's a shitload of money. That is so much money.
Speaker 1: And what you're getting at is the main benefit of PlayStation Plus Premium are those classic games. So like for the you know, the Extra Tier, you get a bunch of like the new releases or you know, the newer releases that are added to the PlayStation Plus Extra Library, and that's pretty robust and probably still worth it even at this price of what is it, one hundred and ninety dollars. Okay, that's pretty expensive, but I guess games are expensive in Canada to so that probably does add up to about two and a half games, maybe just two games. I don't know the price is there, but I think that sounds about right. And then but for PlayStation Plus Premium, it's like man, the classic games. Sure, I want to play those things, but that price begins to feel kind of nuts for like, Okay, it's just the PS three games and PS two games that you're adding to this list, So yeah, I guess, I.
Speaker 3: Mean they need the money, what do they need it for?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The really like weird thing about these prices going up on you saw it with the Switch as well, is like companies seem to be fucking terrified to talk about ith and that PlayStation price increase in Europe and New Zealand was announced at like midnight on a Sunday via a log post for European audiences, which would have also been like middle of the night, very early morning for New Zealand Australia, where it was also raised in price, Like they clearly don't want to deliver this news or be caught delivering this news. They just hope people won't notice. And I think you saw that with the Switch too as well. Where Like there have been video game consoles that have been too expensive in the past. The PS three was too expensive, the three DS was too expensive, but they were too expensive in the sense that they were out of line with expectations of what they should be.
Speaker 4: Yeah, people are like.
Speaker 2: This isn't worth it fundamentally, but like there's this very different feeling now of people look at the price and they're like, Okay, I understand why the price has gone up. I understand the like socio political and economic reasons why the price has gone up. I'm fucking sick and tired of ash. And it's a.
Speaker 4: Much more like vitriolic.
Speaker 2: Anger that you've seen around this, because it's not like anger at the company for charging more than they should have or getting the price wrong. It's anger at like the system that enables them to do it. And I think that and that kind of anger hasn't been subsiding no, which you know, maybe the last solutions set up. Who knows, yep, someone someone should do something.
Speaker 1: Yes, it is uh the kind of thing where there's usually two reasons why something like this happens. The one reason is, like you know, Amazon Prime. Half of American households have Amazon Prime. Everyone seems pretty reliant on it. They've pushed every other way of buying things out of people's lives, and now people need this service and so we can jeck up the price because people don't want to do it any other way that would be very disruptive, and they're willing to, you know, pay the extra money to keep this service. And then they're what I think is actually happening with PlayStation Plus is not that it is they both them and Xbox have found the audience that is willing to subscribe to a service like this. For both of them, it's going to be the people who want to play online and then the people who want to to have these other games added to their library, and they've maxed that out, and so the way to get more money from it is to charge those same people more money. And so this is like a little bit more desperate than the Hey, we have undercut all of our competition, put them out of business, and now you'd have no other choice because people do have another choice here. They could still buy video games and hunt for deals. And I think there are I think there are a lot of people are like, yeah, I'm gonna keep doing that and I'm never gonna like be relying on the subscription service if I can avoid it, and and so they're like, Okay, well, then we're going to just charge more.
Speaker 3: To the same people.
Speaker 1: Nickel and dime Nickel and dime until until people can't take it anymore, and we're we're gonna find what that point is. And so yeah, I guess, once again, not surprise they're raising prices. But boy, it just feels like how sustainable is this?
Speaker 3: Long term? Uh? You know?
Speaker 1: With all these things were supposed to be a deal and they have very quickly turned into feeling like, eh, this is not such a deal.
Speaker 3: Now that's gonna be different for everybody.
Speaker 1: I bet you could find a tier on PlayStation Plus that feels better for you and that you're happy with. I bet for most people it's not premium though probably not all right, So let's keep moving here. Madden movie circling even more big names, including John mullaney as key EA executive. This is from Eddie mccoot game spot.
Speaker 4: Please I read down this story. When I read who that eyeing John.
Speaker 2: Mulaney to play, my almost fucking exploded them.
Speaker 3: And then let's go all right.
Speaker 1: A movie about the late football legend John Madden, who is also the namesake of EA's popular video game franchise, is now in the works, with Oscar winner Nicholas Cage playing the title role. We heard that before, but I forgot and when I saw that I'm like, oh my god, that's right. I actually I cannot wait to see that. The movie may be adding to its cast, with John m'laney, Catherine Hahn, and Cienna Miller in talks for roles, according to Deadline. According to the report, mullaney will play EA founder Trip Hawkins.
Speaker 3: That is like a really fun fit.
Speaker 1: I was actually just reading a Trip Hawkins interview in you know, the Video Game History Foundation's digital archive. I'm like, I'm just gonna start Next Generation magazine from the beginning, and one of their first the first issue has a really long interview with Trip Hawkins talking about the Three d Oh and I'm just like, yeah, this is this is the stuff.
Speaker 4: So I want to see a mini series.
Speaker 2: A mini series that's John Mullaney's setting up Three Do and like that Crez.
Speaker 4: I would oh my god, I watched the shit out. I would make that fucking hire me.
Speaker 1: Video game executive Cinematic Universe, Like that's what we should be getting here. John mullaney is Trip Hawkins. He will return in the Trip Hawkins movie. Yeah, I want that.
Speaker 4: Real bad Jay Allen is the question, that's right?
Speaker 3: Movie? The fuck the lock?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Trip Awkins, who was instrumental in helping launch the now juggernaut Madden series. Han will reportedly play Portray Madden's wife, Virginia Miller is uh tipped for the role of the late Raiders owner Al Davis's wife, Carol. As reported previously, Oscar winner Christian Bale will play Davis.
Speaker 3: Shit, I forgot about that. Oh my god. Christian Bale is Al Davis. Oh my god, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: That is as someone who like likes sports but just loves like how insane NFL team owners are.
Speaker 3: Al Davis is the craziest one of them all. It's this is gonna be just give it to me, feed me more. Uh. Christian Beale is gonna look so fucked up in this movie. I'm so excited. Please let this really happen.
Speaker 2: Literally, the only problem about this movie is reading the next line of who's directing it.
Speaker 4: I'm being like, oh right, right, Uh.
Speaker 1: That is the sticking point, which is and it's one of the reasons I think this might not happen.
Speaker 3: Oscar nominated director David O.
Speaker 1: Russell is signed on to direct the movie, which is in the works for Amazon Amazon MGM Studio and will presumably come to Prime video David o' russell is a dirt bag, but also doesn't make good movies.
Speaker 3: Like his movies aren't good. They just I do not like any.
Speaker 4: Of them, and people don't like working with him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, the I'm not sure this movie does get made, and also like the I cannot think of anyone who would hate David o' russell more than John mulaney since he cleaned up his act.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's true. Yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Hope they could just get a different director in there and solve that problem. Who knows, get Danny Boyle directed this instead of what he did.
Speaker 3: He did jobs that would be nuts. I would love to see that.
Speaker 1: All right, let's keep moving here, you'd be just making another Yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say this is why I really want Charlie Booker to finish working on Black Mirror, because he fucking loves video games. He has video game magazines back in the day, and if anyone was to like scribe some video game industry movies, whether they be fiction or non fiction, I think he would be fucking great for it, and I would love to see him do some of that stuff.
Speaker 1: I think he like a BBC sort of video game industry cinematic universe, like actually could happen under him so and that would be awesome to see.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, which is the the We Shop winn Yeah, yeah, the Run of the Band, the show. Yeah uh.
Speaker 1: You be Stopped is making another Battle Royale, this one inspired by Apex Legends, according to a report.
Speaker 3: This is from George Yang at game Spot. How is this possibly true?
Speaker 1: You'll be Stopped as reportedly making a new Battle Royale game that's inspired by Apex Legends so much that the project once used the game as a thumb now. According to Insider Gaming, Ubisoft's new Battle Royale is code named Scout, Hey, Scout, you hear that, and it has been in development for a few years already. It's characters are said to be similar to Apex legends own Pathfinder, Wraith, and Lifeline, as well as others.
Speaker 3: This is the definition like I'm losing my mind. I feel like, what are you talking about?
Speaker 4: That game exists, It's getting smaller.
Speaker 3: Yeah, people already aren't playing ex Legends in Ubi Soft. What you got the Ubi Soft juice you're gonna bring to this? Are you crazy?
Speaker 4: They've already done that.
Speaker 2: They did the fucking Bottle Oyale one at the beginning of lockdown that they shut down that everyone forgot.
Speaker 3: I thought what it was called. I can't even remember what it's called.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was like a fucking quake shooter as well, because it was really quick and like five people were way into but no one else remembers. And they did ex Defiant, which they shut down hype Escape.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 4: It's jobs to know what hype Escape is.
Speaker 3: Yep, it's already gone again.
Speaker 1: Ubisoft's history of that shooter, but we made it is terrible. I mean, X Defiant was a pretty decent game, but not decent enough to keep an audience around so that it's still going concern.
Speaker 3: It is not they're getting there.
Speaker 1: It's not fully closed down yet, I don't think, but they're closing it down.
Speaker 2: I can't download it anymore. If you don't own it, you can't and download it.
Speaker 3: And so X Defiant didn't work.
Speaker 1: And that's for a genre that actually there still is like more accessible even than bat Rayale in terms of like are people willing to give a new one a try? I just don't, like, we've seen them do this before and fail, why would this be any different? But you can they can't help them.
Speaker 2: You think about the times that they have had some success in doing this, it's when they actually do new and inventive things like Rainbow six Siege like that.
Speaker 4: Yes, it uses.
Speaker 2: Like counter Strike as a basis, but there's so much more going on in that game with its destructible environments and things like that that like, it does feel uniquely different. And if this game doesn't have something that actually makes it stand out, which honestly, most of these Ubisoft Live Service games don't, and that's why they disappear. Like they even did it with one of their own games. They even did it with Skull and Bones, where they were like, what if we do what if we make a game that's just black Flag? And then that got bloated and multiplayer was injected into it and it became a mess. And now how's Skull and Bones doing?
Speaker 1: Like, like scor on Bones is the pirate game we always wanted it to be this week?
Speaker 3: And I'm like, what, don't tell me Scull and Bones got good?
Speaker 1: I kind of want to Again, it's probably no one's playing it, but I'm interested.
Speaker 4: Made it like three weeks ago, didn't she she.
Speaker 1: Was supposed to, But then you'd be soft surprise, laid a bunch of people off or made some weird decision and we were like worried about dum dumping on dunking on a game that.
Speaker 3: A lot of people that we know worked on.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, so we just played Foam Stars instead, which we had no problem making fun of. Uh, you'd be will host a the Division two showcase next week?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: From Ben Lyons at Game Reactor, you'd be soften. Massive recently made the decision of delay the next DLC planned for the Division two, while soon after also revealing that it will be known as Battle for Brooklyn. Yes, okay, Now the developer is ready to show off a ton of information about the next chapter of the action game. As a the Division two Showcase has been announced. This will be held on April twenty or yes, April twenty third. I don't know they're still making DLC for this.
Speaker 4: This is they hot a.
Speaker 2: They had two other Division games in development that they canceled.
Speaker 1: Right, Division the Heartland, And I think it's a Division hyperscape.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 4: Good one.
Speaker 3: I think that's what it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and like apparently they're still working on Division three, but like, I guess this is great news for Matt Laurie.
Speaker 4: I know he.
Speaker 2: Loved Division two, but yeah, I don't know how this game is still going.
Speaker 1: Yeah people, Yeah, you're right, people do like the Division two. But it's like, oh, okay, I know Massive, Massive Entertainment has been busy.
Speaker 3: They made two huge.
Speaker 1: Games since Division two came out, in Avatar, and they made the Avatar game, right, and they know they made Star Wars Outlaws.
Speaker 3: So yeah, they've been busy.
Speaker 1: It's like, okay, so I would have thought like the Division three would be spinning out, and that doesn't. That's not the sense I get from this, But who knows. Okay, we should keep going here and out of time. Marathon PC closed Alpha has ridiculously low minimum specs required. Let's see, it's like you'll need an Intel Core I five eighty six hundred A rise in five twenty six hundred processor, eight gigabytes, RAM eight gt X ten fifty TI is like really low spec. To me, that just says where we're at. If you have an online multiplayer game on PC, it's basically got to be like the same specs as friggin' roadblocks. At a certain point, you gotta be you got to run on potatoes because you just got to make sure that everyone can get into this thing. That's a key part of this which is a big shift for this industry, but it's one that's been there for online multiplayer games for a long time now, and it's not not surprising.
Speaker 2: To see what a funny posh of keeping the heritage of the game alive when it comes to like, yeah, no, it's still going to look like a game that ran on Max in the eighties if you want.
Speaker 3: It to exactly. Yeah, and it's I think the artwork for that game look so good.
Speaker 1: It's like, I bet this is going to look real good even on low spec systems, just because it's gonna be bright and vivid and it's gonna pop in.
Speaker 3: The designs of the characters are so appealing. So yeah, interested to see.
Speaker 1: Uh Okay, I think that does it. For the headlines, we have a poll question to get into and then a new pole question for you all. Let's get to that one from yesterday. Do you have a switch to pre ordered? There's three options here. I can't pre order my country yet, Yes and no. Eleven percent of respondents have pre ordered a switch to forty one percent have not and forty eight percent said they can't pre order in their country yet. So I think that shows kind of how many people are in the United States and Canada listening to the show. Uh but so, I mean one in five of people who can preorder have that's not not too bad, it's and I think that's a sign like, oh man, there must be quite a few in the supply chain already.
Speaker 3: So they got speaks to what you said, are.
Speaker 1: Where people aren't having the biggest pain in the world trying to get a pre order. As it happens, it's if you go up and you try to get one, seems like you have a decent shot at getting one.
Speaker 3: I hope that's the case for us, although I'm not expecting it. LEXI. I think it's going to be a bloodbath here.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: By the way, Nikki had a pole earlier on the show that is europ different.
Speaker 4: It was just a good pole.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Twenty eight said yes, four said no. Ifore know what they're talking about.
Speaker 3: Let's see.
Speaker 1: And then although they also asked, have you ever referred to takeout.
Speaker 3: Bag as a sack? Let me see here, eight said yes, twenty six said no, what like, come on, White Castle you gotta get the burger sack, all right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Finally, white Castle sounds more appealing and delicious when you call it a sack.
Speaker 3: I love white Castle.
Speaker 1: I just looked it up. There's none in Cleveland. The nearest one to me is in Detroit. I have to go to a different city. They're based in Columbus. That's it's a high. Yeah, but hi was very weird.
Speaker 3: All right, new pole question. We'll get to that here in a second.
Speaker 1: Before we do that, Lex LUDDI, why don't you tell people where they can find you on the internet and all that good stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like I said, I was at the Fish Game Summit, so I'm gonna have some coverage of that going up on Shaq News over the next few days, an interview with Salivia Nelson and one or two previews, and the website that I run, Start Menu, which is for people trying to break into the video games media business, which made a lot more sense six years ago. Just turned six years old. But yeah, we celebrated with some really cool artwork from friend of Giant Bomb, Jerum, who did some killer artwork for us, and we have put it up on a merch store. We're selling mugs and T shirts and stuff, and so go check that out.
Speaker 4: It looks great.
Speaker 2: And yeah, go support start menu on Patreon because it allows me to keep on doing what I'm doing.
Speaker 3: All right, new pole question, who has more of rah Ara? Let's see there we go. I think I got at that time. Your options are.
Speaker 1: It's an image poll, and one is wa Luigi addressed as a Mariachi band member. Option two is Warrior dressed as a bumblebee, and number three is Mario in a kimono. I guess a traditional Japanese garbe what we'll call it.
Speaker 3: I'm sure it's more specific than just.
Speaker 2: Kimono absence in this list, which I don't think I need to say which one it is, but.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just saying the dolphin riding a dolphin. We all know what you're talking.
Speaker 2: A lack of women being represented on Giant bomb at show again.
Speaker 3: Yep, well listen, that's those are the rules. I can't change him. All right, that poll, we'll get the results, talk about it on the show tomorrow. Here, that's game breaking news.
Speaker 1: Speaking of game breaking news and the Power Block, we'll be back tomorrow with a new episode. And then today I think we're going into the Game Spot show. What else is happening? Take a look here, Game Spot Show, Voicemail, dump truck. There's a Galaxy Showcase talkover or something, or maybe a post show.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I think you're figuring it out. What's it?
Speaker 4: Oh, the Galaxies thing?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, I thought you were talking about Star Wars convention or whatever. That Lucy's uh.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, she and she, Yeah, Lucy's at that thing. She's still doing a panel or something like that. It's pretty cool. Happy for so, yes, Galaxy Showcase with GameSpot post shows what it says here on my calendar, so they'll have something to say about that Galaxy Showcase, which apparently is gonna you know, some people put together a show of like new games and from any developers and all that stuff. I always think those are pretty neat all right, and then tomorrow, you know, UPF will be happy. We're gonna play rematch for UPF tomorrow. So that's that Rocket League with people is a nuts idea, but we're going to play it on this website and we'll have some criticisms.
Speaker 3: I think why this would be a thing that just couldn't work in real life?
Speaker 1: All right, Lox Lettie, thank you so much for hanging out with me today talking about video games.
Speaker 3: I really appreciate it anytime. Thank you all for watching. You're the best audience in gaming.
Speaker 1: Until next time, have a good one, take care of yourself and goodbye.