Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: It's mister mo Kelly. We're live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Could you imagine going to see Olympic events in River Tucky. It is possible, not probable, but possible. There's a two hundred million dollar proposal which would transform, you know, the Riverside Golf Club. It's been abandoned since like maybe two thousand and nine. They would transform the Riverside Golf Club and Riverside into like an adventure center. They're talking about one hundred and twenty six acre sports complex and it would feature kayaking, surfing, climbing areas and more. And we know that the Olympics are coming to LA in twenty twenty eight and Riverside. If they can get this project off the ground, and they're saying it would be privately funded. People would not have to pay out of their taxes, would not be paying for it in the sense of public funds. If they could get it done by twenty twenty seven, June twenty twenty seven, that's the cutoff, then it would be eligible to host events in twenty twenty eight.
Speaker 3: Here's some of the story five point thirty. I share Calvin and I'm Micah Olman.
Speaker 4: If approved, the general old golf course in Riverside will transform into the Riverside Adventure Center, featuring kayaking, surfing, climbing areas, zip lines, and more. The complex would also have stores, restaurants, and apartments across the street.
Speaker 5: Ka Tail's Shelby Nelson joins us live in Riverside with more Shelby.
Speaker 3: Hey, Sharon, Michael.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it sounds really exciting. But keep in mind is these are the really early stages of this proposed project, and if all goes to plan, the developer is hoping that this newly proposed location could host some of the competitions for the twenty twenty eight Olympics.
Speaker 2: Two years a little more than two there's time to do it. I don't know if it can be organized and created in that two and a half years, but it's a very small window. But I actually would like to see that just for the city and area of Riverside in an empire, because it needs it, and it would be a great draw for people to come out there, bring their families, have all sorts of fun. It would be a quasi amusement park, but I don't know if you've ever been kayaking.
Speaker 3: I have. It's great fun.
Speaker 2: I don't know how much of an audience there would be for it for the many months of the year, but it's something that I think there would be an audience for on some level. I mean, there are also plans for biking trails, picnic areas, new grocery store and housing. It's something that could really revitalize the area more than anything. And I always care about Riverside, calling it River Tucky, and I say that very fondly because it's nactually a very nice area as well as San Bernardino in the Inland Empire. There's just not a lot to do out there. When I went out there, I was hanging out with friends at UC Riverside or cal State Sand Bernardino, but there's not a lot as far as tourism goes. This would go a very long way to change that. And I'm just not one of those outdoorsy type people. I doubt Mark is. I know Tawala is not. I don't think Stefan is, but he's not here tonight. That doesn't appeal to me per se, But this is California. There's got to be, you know, something something like that that would be appealing for most Californians.
Speaker 3: Kayaking is a good workout, believe it or not.
Speaker 6: When did you do that? How about a lifetime ago? I mean, you don't think I got skin like this by being outside all the time, don't you?
Speaker 3: Come on.
Speaker 2: I've done some light kayaking with friends up in a place called Clear Lake in kind of central California, and I it's some sculling and some rowing, just for fun with friends at Georgetown because Georgetown has a huge rowing team, you know, one of the best in the country, or at least when I was there, So you had the chance hang out with friends and they were teaching me how to do it. I was very bad at it, very very bad at it. But I understand it's a great workout. I mean, you have a great appreciation for those types of water competitions and water sports, especially if you've never done it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean it's not fun enough to continue doing it into your adult life.
Speaker 3: Hell, I don't even like sitting on a rowing machine now. No. No, Did you ever watch House of Cards?
Speaker 2: Absolutely, and how a principal portion of the show was built around Frank under would and he would sit at his rowing machine and he'd work out his issues on a rowing machine.
Speaker 6: It seems like every show that's said in DC shows some variation, some permutation of rowing, like Jack Ryan, all of it.
Speaker 3: It's big as far as the culture in DC.
Speaker 2: That's my point. That's exactly my point. There is a big rowing community in Washington, d C. In the way that you think of LA and maybe the Venice basketball courts. Well, rowing is a thing that people just do in DC because you have the Potomac and you have the opportunity to actually go rowing.
Speaker 3: Now the hell with that.
Speaker 6: Just get on a stationary bike and watch a movie on your iPad like the rest of us.
Speaker 2: Well, that's what I do, except the iPad part. I would never have an iPad in my hand. That blasphemy. I don't do too complicated tech for you. No, I just don't like Apple products. I'm on the good, beautiful things. I give Apple credit for the quality of the hardware, the build of their devices.
Speaker 6: You prefer inferior products, is what you're saying.
Speaker 2: No, I just like American products. I love America, and Apple build most of your stuff in China.
Speaker 6: Okay, Well, they put those nets up to stop people from killing themselves. I mean that's due diligence. I don't have to feel guilty about Apple stuff, do I. No, No, I'm just a Google guy.
Speaker 2: Like in other words, I My phones have been Google Android since the beginning. I have a Google Pixel eight. I'm probably going to upgrade to the Pixel ten. Everything I do on my computer is within the matrix of Google.
Speaker 6: Now, you and Marsha, who I am right now christening the nice tech lady, the two of you have a weird uh Android.
Speaker 3: Cult thing going on. I've never understood that. I'll explain it. It's very, very simple, very simple.
Speaker 2: Android is for those who appreciate customization. We can make our phones and our email and that whole ecosystem specific to us. There are more customization options with Android phones as opposed to Apple, just from our home screen to the icon. It's just a it's a much more personalized experience.
Speaker 6: It's like you're speaking Farsi to me, because when I have my iPhone in my hand, there's nothing I can think of that I would want to customize because it does everything that all the stuff in a Star Trek episode would do combined.
Speaker 3: It's not due.
Speaker 6: It's about the presentation, it's about how it looks superficial. Then that's where you're focused.
Speaker 2: Maybe it could be the types of notification alerts, and you can customize it how your phone will buzz or beat for a certain text message, or I can do.
Speaker 6: That when when you text me, I could program it to go it's mo you can't.
Speaker 2: I'm saying, but there are more options when it comes to Android.
Speaker 3: You asked a serious question.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to give you a serious answer, and I'm trying to make it as simple as possible so you'll understand it.
Speaker 6: That's a nice try, but I'm actually gonna do that, and I'm going to insist you call Marcia the nice tech lady.
Speaker 2: Now she is the nice tech lady. But my point is going back to the story. I've done some kayaking, I've done some rowing, but that was specific to Washington, d C. And if you spend any time out there, yeah, rolling is a typical thing, and people would have rowing machines because you'd see people rowing on the Potomac and it's a beautiful thing to do, and I missed the opportunity to do it. I would never do it now, but I'm saying was when I was in my you know, late teens and early twenties, the opporunity percent of itself.
Speaker 3: So I got my ass out of a potomac.
Speaker 6: Do that too much, you get huge lats and your jackets won't fit anymore. Yeah, but that was thirty five years ago. I think it's okay now you think.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Look what I do is as far as the physical activities, I'm doing my hot keto. I'll do thirty to forty push ups every morning before I get in the shower, do my stretches.
Speaker 3: But I'm not trying to build bulk.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to stay as lean as possible I should say, less fat as possible, and you know, retain basic muscle mass.
Speaker 6: I'm not trying to lift weights like that. Those times are over. Well if you say so, oh, I'm sure. I want you to be comfortable. I don't want you to injure yourself or or you don't have one of those medical alert things. So I don't want you to fall down until I've fallen and I can't get up and have nobody respond.
Speaker 2: Don't tell me I'm not the don't tell me I'm the only one who will go to sleep and wake up with a sprain ankle?
Speaker 3: What does never happened to you? I don't know what you're talking about. Oh, you're lying. You go to sleep and you wake up with a sprained ankle.
Speaker 2: You've never got out of bed in the morning, and all of a sudden you realize, like, wait a minute, I twisted my back or I sprained my ankle, and you have no idea why, and I don't sleep walk, so we can remove that.
Speaker 3: No, no, this is all new to me.
Speaker 6: I mean, of all the things that are going to happen while you're asleep, that's not a thing I would have guessed.
Speaker 2: Robin, you're too young. You'll learn about this as you get older. Twallow went somewhere, but I know it's happened. He get him in there.
Speaker 3: We need we get you ass in here. I know that I'm not.
Speaker 2: The only one that that happens too, where you go to sleep and you're like, wait, how did I just locate my elbow or something in the middle of the night doing nothing. I know I cannot be the only one that happens to tell me I'm not lying.
Speaker 3: We need to get you to help.
Speaker 2: You need it fast, well, You've never gone to sleep like woken up with a sprain, ankle or something.
Speaker 3: You have no idea how it happened. Yes, of course that happens. That's all I'm saying. Are you too like mister Glass in the shamela An movies? Oh come on?
Speaker 6: Oh look seriously, Mark, Okay, don't. I don't know what's going on in your genetic pool. But I have literally woken up and found my knee out of sorts, and I have no idea what happened.
Speaker 3: I literally do.
Speaker 6: I woke up one one, I got out of the bed, put my feet on the ground and stood up and damn near collapsed because I thought my ankle was sprayed.
Speaker 3: For God's sake.
Speaker 2: He he's lying now. He doesn't want to admit his age. He doesn't want to let on that he's in the same age bracket as we are I am. So it wants to claim like, oh my gosh, these things don't happen to me because I'm my runner and I'm only thirty two.
Speaker 6: So you haven't just stretched and almost literally put your entire back out.
Speaker 3: No, take some vitamins you're pants, or I'll stand up them.
Speaker 1: You know what?
Speaker 2: I don't know because you don't wear pants in the studio. You already told us that. Oh that's right. Look at the timef I AM six forty, we're live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: And Space Force is back in the news as Space Force is going to play quote unquote a central role in the Iron Dome US Missile Defense Initiative. In fact, this integrated planning Team, the IPT, will have wide ranging expertise that will be critical in laying out the missile shield architecture to defend the US homeland from missile threats. And that's according to the Space Forces Chief of Space Operations, General Chance Saltzman, quote, we are leading forward establishing this technical IPT to start thinking about it from an overarching perspective. The Iron Dome for America Executive Order was signed by President Donald Trump on January twenty seventh, and its specifically direct Secretary of Defense Pete Hegseth to submit a comprehensive plan detailing the architecture, requirements, and implementation strategy for a missile defense system and the Missile Defense Agency, which oversees the nation's existing missile defense shield, has taken lead in organizing meetings with the defense industry. YadA yah, yeada, blah blah blah. And this seems to me, correct me if I'm wrong. This seems to me the next logical evolution of what was the Star Wars Strategic Defense Initiative whatever they called it during the Reagan administration many decades ago.
Speaker 6: Yes, but now we have an actual dedicated arm of our US military dedicated to defending us not just in the upper atmosphere, but in the upper upper atmosphere.
Speaker 2: I saw this photo which is floating around social media of the X thirty seven, the super secret Dronet unmanned craft which they use to do all our spy work out and outer space, and it took a picture of Earth and they released that to the press. And I'm quite sure now we have a fully fleshed out space presence, unmanned at least, including our satellites which are doing all sorts of things up there. And this is the next logical progression. We have all these satellites, in other words, billions and billions of dollars worth of communication and military hardware which can be vulnerable or can be weaponized in whatever degree, and it serves out our interests that not only is protected, we also know what everyone else is doing.
Speaker 3: It's not just satellites up there, that's for sure. Well.
Speaker 6: The notion of a military division protecting us not just here in the land, the sea, and the air, but in space is important because we need to have like you said, there are unmanned vehicles up there. We need some type of protection, some type of deterrent from enemy satellites by noun from attacking our existing satellite network up there.
Speaker 3: We have to have some protections against that.
Speaker 2: Trump's executive order says the US needs a multi layer defense against advanced missile threats, including ballistic, hypersonic, and cruise missiles. The administration argues that an advanced missile shield would deter adversaries like Russia and China. Well, how can I just thought we just were on the side of Russia as of yesterday, How can they be considered an adversary? But you know, the administration argues that in an advanced missile shield would deter adversaries like Russia and China from leveraging their missile capabilities for corrosion I don't think President Trump needs to be coerced. He is fully on board with Russia. Yeah, fully on board. Maybe this is being built to help Russia.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 6: Look, I just love the idea that space force is we need it futilized more and more and more, that it is actually becoming something to our chagrin, because in the beginning we laughed bodily at space force, and then it's turned into like, oh, oh, wait a minute, oh.
Speaker 3: We say.
Speaker 2: It is serious and we need it. And Robin is way too young to remember this. But back in the nineteen eighties, there was this huge debate about whether we should pursue militarization in space, that we should have some sort of military presence or what was thought to be like this Star Wars defense initiative, where we would be able to shoot down other countries' missiles. Of course we can do that now, but the conversation started in a public sense in the nineteen eighties, and I know Mark remembers that debate.
Speaker 6: Well, I'm not sure many people remember how widely mocked Reagan's Star Wars thing was. And also, yes, about the best thing you could say about it is that it helped accelerate Russia spending itself into ruin the former Soviet Union rather well.
Speaker 2: That is true too, and yeah that helped also bring down the Soviet Union, absolutely.
Speaker 6: But it wasn't because you know, we had a realistic shot at some futuristic space star Wars thing actually happening. It was just it was a spending race and Russia, the Soviet Union, bankrupt itself.
Speaker 2: And that was an adjunct, if you will, of the nuclear arms race at the time, where Russia had more missiles nuclear.
Speaker 3: ICBMs than we did. I think they still do now. They still got plenty, but you know.
Speaker 2: They could they couldn't even feed the people in I would say the early nineties.
Speaker 6: There's still a shocking percentage of the Russian population that doesn't have indoor plumbing and toilets and stuff.
Speaker 3: But the god missiles though, the god missiles.
Speaker 6: I mean, you may see footage of Tucker losing his mind at a grocery store there, but bear in mind that that's not representative of the entirety of the country.
Speaker 2: But we're now old enough to see the i'll say, the growth and evolution of the vision of the late Ronald Reagan. It's now here Are you sure.
Speaker 3: I'm sure, Okay, I'm positive. It's real.
Speaker 2: The whole strategic the fits initiative has been realized thanks to our President Donald Trump.
Speaker 6: I just hope they have cool outfits. We talked about that and we saw the uniforms. They're not quite cool yet. I mean, I want a cool jacket if they're going to go through with this thing. Oh, you weren't here what we brought Space Force on the show. Yeah, we did a whole hour with them.
Speaker 3: Did they bring hats? Now? Like a hat? Those a very very serious conversation.
Speaker 6: It was about their expansion and infrastructure, what they're building here in southern California.
Speaker 3: It was very very impresive.
Speaker 6: It's like three miles from while I live on Crenshaw and yet no hats.
Speaker 3: That's very disappointed.
Speaker 6: We'll have them back of the show. We'll get hats just for you. That's tattoos and I want the whole nine yards.
Speaker 2: It's later with mo Kelly kfi AM six forty Live Everywhere, the iHeartRadio app from Star Wars Defense Initiative to Star Wars will give you the latest about where that whole intellectual property is going. Now that Kathleen Kennedy is expected to retire by the end of the year.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Later with Moe Kelly on demand from KFI AM six forty and.
Speaker 3: I love Star Wars through and through, Love it through and through.
Speaker 2: It takes me back to nineteen seventy seven when my father took me and my grandfather, my mother's father to see Star Wars. I think it was maybe the second week he was out. He was in Century City, had a waiting line, was packed out theater, and I'll never forget the experience. I absolutely loved it. Fell in love with Star Wars right then. And this was at a time there weren't a lot of sequels. You had maybe The Godfather, and I can't think of anything else which had a sequel in the nineteen seventies that was not expected, that was not.
Speaker 3: Normal at all.
Speaker 2: And then as Star Wars progressed, you had the Empire strikes Back in nineteen eighty, Return of the Jedi in nineteen eighty three, and then the rest, they say is history.
Speaker 3: But much later on in that history, George.
Speaker 2: Lucas sold his Star Wars World Universe of intellectual property and rights to Disney, and there was a question there was concern. There was a worry whether selling Star Wars would change change it into something else, changing into something which was much more disneyfied and less Star Wars. Star Wars, for all the jokes that people would make about it, was still a somewhat serious movie. You had one of the best villains of all time, Darth Vader, who choked people to death.
Speaker 3: He was a serious villain. If you know anything about.
Speaker 2: The Star Wars storyline, it's basically based on the Nazis. You had the Stormtroopers, and it was a mark. How would you characterize it? I thought it was like a treatise on imperialism.
Speaker 6: I just always thought of it as like the Cadillac treatment of all the old sci fi movie serials that George Lucas grew up with, like Flash Gordon and Bush Rogers.
Speaker 2: True, but there still wasn't a serious underpinning as far as what it was based on and the message he was trying to convey. There was a definite message in it, Yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 6: Yeah, sure, and I think it became more pronounced as the series went on, and then you realize that, like you have moments where you realize, oh, are we the Empire?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, and you think that you're on the side of right yeah, and maybe you're not. The more you investigate the origins of Star Wars and the real message, who was exactly the empire and who was the resistance. I say all that to say, given all that subtext, when it was sold to Disney, there was concerned about what it would become, and Kathleen Kennedy, who was the longtime president of Lucasfilm and one of the original people around George Lucas, did not share the same vision for Star Wars, and after it was sold, Kathleen Kennedy stayed on as president and she's been much maligned and criticized as far as her vision, which seems to be more about Disney then the original feeling of Star Wars, and I think that's part of the reason why we got some mediocre Star Wars movies and some very mediocre TV series with the exception of a few. It has now been reported that Kathleen Kennedy is going to retire at the end of this year, and it says to Star Wars fans like me and Twala, I don't know about Mark, but a different day is coming and maybe better movies are coming because I had sworn off Star Wars movies for good because of you.
Speaker 6: Would just go see it no matter what, just because it's Star Wars and then hate watch it.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: I did up until the Last Jedi. I was so done with Star Wars. With the Last Jedi, I didn't even see The Rise.
Speaker 6: Of Skywalker in like the first three weeks it was in theaters.
Speaker 3: I had no desire to see it.
Speaker 6: I'm not crazy about those and I said for a long time that Star Wars really got along on nothing but goodwill after two good movies Star Wars in nineteen seventy seven and Empire in nineteen eighty, and there was nothing good for decades after that.
Speaker 3: I disagree. For as bad as.
Speaker 2: Jar Jar Binks was in The Phantom Menace, we still got Darth Maul. The only problem with Darth Maul is they killed him.
Speaker 6: He was a cool character, and there were cool elements to some of those movies. I like The Buddy Cop Jedis that story with Django Fett. That was a good story. It did pay off in the end, but that was still Lucas's involvement. He was still heavily involved, and he was still trying to flesh out a story that he began long long ago under the leadership of Kathleen Kennedy. Is when we saw it take a decided turn into the realm of Solo and the ray led prequels that were just.
Speaker 2: Well, that goes back to the whole disnification of it all. George Lucas was made making stories for, I would say, more the nerd culture, and Kathleen Kennedy wanted to have teen girls and younger Disney fans, fans of the Disney universe to buy into Star Wars, and I don't think it worked. I think that Star Wars was always intented is much more of a vehicle for kids, and the marketing of all their toys bears that out. And it was never meant to It was always meant to be kind of juvenile fantasy and never serious hard sci fi.
Speaker 3: But maybe, okay, let's say that's true.
Speaker 2: But by the time it gets to Disney, it is what it is, and it had taken on a life and understanding of its own, which is different from the toys and the paraphernalia and all the marketing and merchandising that maybe we grew up on. But it was more about a level of seriousness of entertainment, not the silliness that it's become now.
Speaker 6: Because the toys became collectors items for adults. The the series of the franchise, it grew and maintained its relevance because of things like the graphic novels and comic books and Victo games, which are a lot darker, but the video games, which were very dark and told a much more serious and mature story because they had to appeal to young men.
Speaker 3: That's what kept the interest in Star Wars.
Speaker 6: And so when they said, hey, let's go at this again, you know we got Fortunately, we got stories like Rogue one, which for me is one of my favorite stories because it told the story of the war, which is why I like and or because it tells the story of the war in Star Wars. But Kathleen Kennedy in her Zille and her quest to destroy the Skywalker legacy and turn it into some you know, mass marketing machine. Look, I will give Kathleen Kennedy two props. I will give her two props and two props only. And that is the decision to put Dave Filoni and John Favreau in charge of future projects outside of that dinged.
Speaker 3: On the Witch is dead.
Speaker 2: Ye, yes, and no, because she was the one who put Ryan Johnson in charge and was going to give him his own trilogy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, no, no.
Speaker 6: Now, remember she put Ryan Johnson in charge prior, prior she gave him the trilogy, prior to saying, oh, oh, they don't they don't like this slow speed chase in outer space with Vice Admiral Evening Gown. They didn't like that. Oh no, oh Ryan, this may not be a thing for you. Hey, hey, john who John Star Wars fan?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 6: And and can you get Dave over an animation? Can you get him to come over to live action? What you've got a series for the Mandalorian? What you've got an Ahsoka series? You're what You're giving us the most badass Luke Skywalker in the history of the entire franchise. Thank you, Thank you, gentlemen for what you've done for us. You are my obi WS. Was Kathleen Kennedy also responsible for bringing JJ Abrams on board because I think he did as much damage to Star Wars as he did to Star Trail.
Speaker 2: Well, here's the problem, and this week, before we go to break, we'll pick it up on the other side. Here's where Kathleen Kennedy I think made it worse than was. JJ Abrams had a trilogy in mind, but when you start changing directors, JJ wanted to tell a story that began with the Force Awakens and was going to have a more fleshed out story in between, which we might have learned more about the Knights of Wren and what actually happened to Luke Skywalker. Ryan Johnson comes in with the Last Jedi and say you have to kill the Pass and just disregarded everything which had happened in the previous movie. And then JJ Abrams comes back for the third one and tries to tell a story which is completely incomplete, and it's completely disjointed and jumbled and nonsensical, and I blame Kathleen Kennedy for that.
Speaker 3: There's no way they could have finished that Siti well.
Speaker 6: And JJ Abrams was brought on board by Kathy Kiddy even in the earliest parts of his career, like she said, when I get on, I'm putting you on because he was like a understudy when she was just a producer and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: We'll have more and just a moment later with Mokelly kf I six forty five everywhere in the arc Heart Radio app Lame Kelly six Live Everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. And we were talking about the impending retirement of Kathleen Kennedy and this is important thing.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm not a Star Wars fan.
Speaker 2: Well, the Star Wars universe and the movies and the television shows on Disney Plus we talk about the importance of Disney to movie theaters, to the overall entertainment landscape. I promise you if Disney went away, the entertainment business as we know it would crater. The movie theaters that you know and love in your neighborhood would disappear and go out of business. Regardless of your personal politics, Disney is keeping thousands and thousands of people employed from a general labor force perspective, and it's also helping with our gross domestic product and our larger economy.
Speaker 3: So regardless of what you think about Disney.
Speaker 2: The success or failure of Disney has a direct impact on you. And I don't want people to lose sight of that. But sometimes we think, well, I you know, go woke, go broke. Well, you don't want Disney going broke, not that they're going to, but you're actually rooting against yourself each time that you say that, because you don't like the content that they may be putting out. And you know, sometimes there are consequences when you get what you ask for, it's not what you want. But anyhow, there are some things that Disney is doing well. There are some series that they've been producing on Disney Plus which I think are fine in the sense of really quality additions to the Star Wars universe verse. One of them was and Or, and I had to slowly warm up to it. I thought it was a little slow in its first season and then it picked up. If you don't know the story of and Or, it's basically telling the story the inner workings of how the Death Star, the original Death Star was built. And the second sceneson trailer recently dropped, where the war you.
Speaker 3: Want to fight? Who do you want to win?
Speaker 6: Last dream that the world turn around?
Speaker 3: Alloaves have come to me, Drills Stars now a swell part of.
Speaker 2: This, more music than anything, and montages of pictures. I wish you could have more dialogue in it, but.
Speaker 6: You get to see how the Death Star was built from the inside out and that's something the story we never got to see. We just got to see a fully completed death Star in episode four, and we knew the story of the stealing of the plans. We saw how they were stolen in Rogue one.
Speaker 3: But now they're.
Speaker 6: Taking you just a step before that, where how the bureaucracy and the evolution of the empire led to the creation of this weapon of mass destruction That exactly hits it on the head. The bureaucracy, the politics, the political intrigue behind the scenes, where you have different politicians carrying favor with different factions, whether they be pro empire or pro underground rebellion, and how all all of these inner workings is what shaped the galaxy. And it gives you another another look at what you would consider the sides of right and wrong, when really this is almost Republicans and Democrats. That is, it is very very heavy in its political leanings, in who is who and the story they're trying to tell about not necessarily one party, but party specific overreach and party over zealousness about controlling the narrative writ large.
Speaker 3: This is ultimately what happens, you know, And that's the funny thing. Funny aha, and funny haha.
Speaker 2: Where people complain I don't want politics in my Disney content.
Speaker 3: If you know Star Wars, it's nothing but politics.
Speaker 2: Sorry to you know, to you know, disabuse you of the notion that there are no politics in Star Wars. It was built on politics. And this is talking about we go back and watch the Phantom Menace. It is almost exactly what's happening right now in America.
Speaker 6: And at the time we all mocked the whole trade war thing and all the Galactic Congress stuff as a bunch of nonsense. We didn't like it, but it really applies now it actually does. And you have the invasion of Naboo. I'm getting ready to go deep.
Speaker 2: You have the invasion of Naboo, and then you have the Trade Viceroyce who said, what do you mean what invasion?
Speaker 3: What are you talking about? There was no invasion.
Speaker 2: We need to have an investigation into it, and how the bureaucracy and if you're talking about Naboo is Ukraine at this point, and the Galactic Senate is basically of Russia and they want to deny the invasion of There's so many historical parallels to this world right now.
Speaker 3: If you watch Star Wars.
Speaker 2: If you don't like to have politics and Star Wars mix, you've never been paying attention at all at all. As a matter of fact, I think I have that clip around here somewhere. Real quick, I can play that What U is today? The twenty fifth? Yeah, I think it was twenty fourth or so. I have to come back and find it. Maybe I'll find it after.
Speaker 6: The break, but definitely, Kathleen Kennedy retiring helps Star Wars, and it will help it moving forward.
Speaker 2: And and Or season two comes out in April. Correct, Yes, cannot wait. Love and or Love and Or KF I Am six forty were live everywhere in the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: App, stimulating talk for independent thought.
Speaker 5: KF I'm KOST HD two, Los Angeles, Orange County, live everywhere on the Young Art Radio app