Speaker 1: What ups must And you're checking out the Cruise Show podcast, make sure to subscribe right and ship all right, screw show Real ninety two three La is going for hip hop. Dustin Conrade is on the Cruise Show.
Speaker 2: Let's get.
Speaker 3: Dog.
Speaker 2: How are you, buddy? Hey, he's so happy that's to be here.
Speaker 4: That's I do have to form more you guys off camera doesn't to tell me he's hungover.
Speaker 3: So we're gonna ch over. Yeah, I had a party last night.
Speaker 2: Come on, bro, we're latinos dog over and over dog. Let's keep the part. Let's get come on, get right shots.
Speaker 1: Shots anyone shots. So we partied last night. We partied, went hard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a great It was a great time. Now, what's your what's your li? Is there limit? Do you have a limit for drinks?
Speaker 3: That's the problem. See, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're still trying to figure that out, figuring it out, but we take it day by day. We learned. We learned.
Speaker 5: Oh, tequila, tequila soda. If I'm feeling like just like boring, excuse me, sir, just like my life, go to really. But if I'm feeling a little spicy, I'll do a tequila ginger beer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, tequila strake just that too, Yeah, I do.
Speaker 3: I don't know who actually though, Yeah, I've been.
Speaker 2: I've been just drunk. Yeah, this is a good rollout. I like it.
Speaker 1: I can love on digital out now congratulations. When you're an album mode, though, is there room for partying? Is there room to experience different things?
Speaker 2: Are you locked in? What are we doing? Oh no, there's a room for that too, Yeah, good for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, i'd be outside.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you feel inspired?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's that's that's what I tell myself. It's like I need to go out outside and like, you know, live and experience life. So hm, I'm definitely outside when I'm making that.
Speaker 2: One for yeah.
Speaker 1: Man, with songs like Kissing in Public Delusion, the Last Time, right, Is there a song on the album that we haven't heard the world hasn't heard yet that you're excited to release?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, babbitch is I think people are really gonna like it's definitely like a speaking of outside like outside vibe. I'm excited to hear it like in the club. Yeah, f m U also one of my favorites.
Speaker 2: Yeah, gen Z, I'm gen Z gen Z like a motherfucker. I love you guys so much. Yeah, what different, different world period? What's the what's the new one? Alpha? Jen Alpha is like my kids Jen Alpha? Oh god, what are they going to be like? Because gen X is wild? Yeah? Out of school is us?
Speaker 1: Gen X had jobs like if they don't get the day off, they just quit, Like we would have never thought.
Speaker 2: Of doing that.
Speaker 1: I need this job but nah nah shit, gen Z, I don't give a ship man that's in Conrad.
Speaker 2: Yo.
Speaker 1: So you had a good time obviously? Now did we recorded all in New York where we were traveling everywhere?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: We traveled. I went to London, I did some of I recorded some of it into Loom. Oh hm here New York.
Speaker 2: Yeah, was tou Loom like a vacation turned into work or noration.
Speaker 3: It was like intentionally like we're going to record into Loom.
Speaker 2: We got a house and yeah it was a full thing and just set up equipment and you get to it. That's a good excuse to go to Toulom, right for work?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Right, yeah, just work. No, I actually made kissing the public intu Loom?
Speaker 2: Is that right? Yeah? So what was the intent there?
Speaker 5: Honestly? Just fun like that was a big thing. Making this album, I just wanted to have fun and like nothing. When I started getting too emotional, I was like, Okay, wrap it up, let's change it, let's finish this.
Speaker 3: Song and like you know, like make it fun. Like that was really just the only intention with.
Speaker 4: This album, it being fun. And you're saying like you kind of stopped it before it got too emotional. Is like an emotional album that you feel that is going to.
Speaker 2: Be made eventually?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Yeah.
Speaker 3: I always say like I haven't gotten my heartbroken yet, so when that happens, I'm sure. I'm sure. All things to say, I don't know.
Speaker 2: They don't care, don't get the hearts right now, right.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not I'm not breaking hearts. I'm sweet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you are you vicious? Bro? I already know you left bodies behind. Bro. I'm sweet, guys, I'm sweet.
Speaker 6: Side are you?
Speaker 3: I'm a cancer cancer emotional? Yeah, we are emotional. People say we're cry babies. What's your sign aries?
Speaker 2: You know what does that mean? Fiery?
Speaker 3: My big sisters are ariess.
Speaker 2: An sexty.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, okay, makes sense. Signs. I'm a scorpio. Scorpio. Oh, what's your sign Okay? Okay, Garcia's a Leo, a what is also.
Speaker 5: Fiery fire sign confident very also bossy, Like aries and Leo are kind of similar.
Speaker 2: Maybe that works. Yeah, there are bosses. There's a sign that you get along with the most.
Speaker 5: I love virgos, I love Taurus. Yeah, yeah, signs other cancers. I love other cancers too.
Speaker 1: Most of the time you're kissing in public, right, Lots some people shy away from doing that. They're not really p d A right, right, you obviously are.
Speaker 3: I guess right, yeah, right, I don't mind if I like the person, I don't mind.
Speaker 2: Do you mind when you see people making out and you're driving by? No, I love that. I love it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm like, oh, look at that being so cute, especially if they're gay.
Speaker 2: Do you start creating a say of them in your head? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Like well yeah, no, lukey, Like I love like think about like what brought you here to this corner making out.
Speaker 2: On this corner? You guys like seeing people kissing public, Jack, I don't think you're a big fan of that.
Speaker 4: If it's like intense, like on top of each other at a restaurant, like that's.
Speaker 2: When I'm y'all are humping.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like this is this is damn your dry humping at this point, and that's a problem. But be more romantic about it. I'm like, oh, I like to think I experienced people's first kiss.
Speaker 2: Like I'm like, oh, that's really sweet, kind of freaky, but no, not, you know, I like it. You don't mind seeing people kissing? No, No, if they're happy, then I'm happy for them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like to see it.
Speaker 1: I feel like a lot of people struggle with it.
Speaker 2: So when people can like let their guard down and just be free, yeah, and stop caring what other people are going to say or think or whatever. Right, right, man.
Speaker 3: I mean I used to work out a club, so I've seen like everything.
Speaker 2: I'm sure you see a lot of It's his business talk to us about delusion, the writing, the delusional.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was a real story.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah. I was talking to a guy and I started feeling like I was illusionable because I.
Speaker 2: Was were you dating him? And he wasn't your man?
Speaker 3: Basically, I think he wasn't over his his previous.
Speaker 5: Relationship. So yeah, I was just like, oh, this is gonna work, and it didn't because he wasn't over it.
Speaker 3: So I was being delusional. Yeah, shout out to.
Speaker 2: Him her you still hurt. We Actually we're cool.
Speaker 3: He came to my party last naight.
Speaker 2: Oh that's great. Yeah, were you hoping something were pop off? We're cool. We're cool.
Speaker 3: It's the homie.
Speaker 2: Nothing wrong with being friends. It made for great music that won't get me in trouble. No, no, no, no, it's not good.
Speaker 1: But I love how like these these real situations become songs and they become you know, these these offerings for the world.
Speaker 5: Man, definitely special thing. Yes, it's honestly my favorite thing. Like anytime I go through something, I'm like, my advantage is I can make a song about it, and yeah, it makes me feel.
Speaker 1: Better about myself, whether it's experienced or like hearing good tea turn that into a song exactly.
Speaker 5: Yes, No, I love doing that too, Like I love like asking people about their like romantic quarrels and making songs about it from their perspective.
Speaker 2: Are you a choose moso? What is that like?
Speaker 3: Am I like into like drama?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's low key. I am a cheese moso. I love it.
Speaker 3: I am a cheese myself.
Speaker 2: That's right, that's right, and I'm long with that right because that's that's just information gathering.
Speaker 3: I'm really just a drama queen for a.
Speaker 4: You're like God forbid for the news, Like.
Speaker 2: Right, god for bid?
Speaker 5: No, Yeah, I definitely romanticize and make drama out of my life for a good song.
Speaker 3: Romantic Oh a thousand person?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, are you?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: I've been love bombed lots of times.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Do you like that? No?
Speaker 5: I don't because I genuinely feel like I should be receiving that love like it doesn't. It's not off putting for me. But that's that's the problem. That's a red flag. Like, of course you're love bombing me. Of course you're buying me nice things and being like I'm me. But then it's like no, like you did it for the wrong reason, and like I'm defin That's the lesson I had to learn for sure.
Speaker 2: Really. Yeah, you watch reality TV?
Speaker 3: Oh? I love reality Yeah?
Speaker 2: What do you watch? Oh my god? Yes, I do subscribe to SEUs Network.
Speaker 5: I do my five dollars a month, I'm sure I do. I love I love messy TV. It makes me feel so good about my life, right, yeah, Like I have it together.
Speaker 2: So I started with loving hip hop for me man, of course.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's classic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Peter guns all them that a little bit right? Yo. We got a big fan on the phone, huge fan on the phone. Do you mind if we talk to this fan of yours? Please try to figure out who it is. You might know them? Hello?
Speaker 3: Hello, Hello, who's this.
Speaker 2: Your mother? Ok?
Speaker 3: Hi?
Speaker 2: Can you hear me?
Speaker 6: Of course I can't.
Speaker 3: Hey girl, let's go.
Speaker 2: Over here. You know, we're having a lot of fun with Pookie Pie and.
Speaker 1: And you know, he's he seems like a very special person, and he seems like he's a very fun guy. And he and he's he's inspired. He's inspired, which you appreciate. And he works hard and plays hard. What do you love most about Destin?
Speaker 6: I think Destin's ability to just create very purely, Like he's never as far as artist side goes, he's never like thinking about monetization or things he has to do to be robotic in this industry. He's genuinely just creating, really really really purely. It's really natural. He opens his mouth and like greatness just appears. But as a person, I think his ability to light every single person up around him is so genuine. I think everybody's favorite thing about him is that he can make everybody smile. He walks in the room and shifts the energy everywhere every room he steps into.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 6: He's just he's a ball of light and we're all super grateful for him and super proud.
Speaker 2: Wow, that was so sweet. You're so gay?
Speaker 4: Who is the gay?
Speaker 2: I love you? That was sweet.
Speaker 6: I'm so proud. Relish in your day.
Speaker 2: Relish relish. Yeah. And happy birthday, Oh, happy birthday. Oh my god, it's your birthday.
Speaker 6: You're supposed to be talking about the album.
Speaker 2: By happy birthday. We love you. Can't wait to see you. Take care.
Speaker 1: That's right, See, I love that she It's yeah, you know, it's easy to make it about her, right, but it's all about you.
Speaker 2: It's a good person to be in business with.
Speaker 5: Right of course. That was really sweet. I don't have to do that, man, If you want to cry, you want to, Yeah, I can't right now. No, I wish I wouldn't make. I feel like I would be a really good actor if I could do that.
Speaker 2: You could learn how to do that low key right. Yeah, when was the last time you cried?
Speaker 3: Good question?
Speaker 2: Did you cry during the Plans of Love on Digital?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: I wasking Wow, I wasn't crying at all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's been a minute since you cried.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't remember the last time I cried.
Speaker 2: Good for you, man, I had this morning, I know.
Speaker 3: I'm like, yeah, I don't remember.
Speaker 5: There was a period of time though, like maybe last year, where I like, I didn't cry for a really long time, and I would like talk to my friend like I haven't cried, Guys, like I need to cry. And then I cried and it was amazing, it was so good.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I feel like I was just kind of like numb, but then I bawled and it was so nice. And after I bought, I was like, yeah, I cried a coffer. Its like I cried everybody.
Speaker 2: I cried everywhere.
Speaker 4: I get like that too, I mean, and he knows it. Like I'm just sometimes like, yo, I need I feel like I just need to cry or scream or I don't know what it is.
Speaker 3: And then yeah, it's it's a release for crying.
Speaker 2: Is fire not when you cry as much as I do. You be crying? Yeah, sensitive, I've been through it. Look at me. You tell, man, yo, what's up with Dollar Tree and your love for Dollar Tree? How did you know that our.
Speaker 5: Research research shed Jordan's not my tea.
Speaker 2: We're clocking your clocking.
Speaker 3: I love I love the Dollar Tree. I love all the dollar stores.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I recently went into a Dollar Tree and I got a deodorant and then like I found myself just like.
Speaker 7: Walking up to the register with a dollar ship candy yeah, hell ship construction paper markers right right, rulers.
Speaker 2: And ship Yeah. No, seriously, I was like, okay, I'm all right, like I needed this, I need this bachelor and it's a dollar.
Speaker 5: I need this foot Pastially, it really don't be a dollar though, for it'd be like two three.
Speaker 1: That's how they get you in the door. No, definitely, Yeah, it was sad to see the nine I sent store go oh my gods in peace. Yeah all right, so there's no more of them, like they're that's a lot of them turned into dollar trees. Yeah, okay, okay mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Right how did you grow up? Did you grow up going to dollar stores?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, like not, but now I can do it by choice. Yeah yeah, No, my mom was definitely dollar store queen. Yeah, definitely was in there.
Speaker 2: That's ok for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's a bar a line off love on digital that you want people to understand.
Speaker 3: Damn, I don't know I have. I said, uh I have.
Speaker 5: Speaking of batties, I say, I say, these hoes ain't on none like Natalie Natalie, none at far. That's what I want people to break down. These hoes ain't on none like Natalie, like none.
Speaker 2: You watch TV for real?
Speaker 3: You really do?
Speaker 2: Yeah, y'all, y'all watch baddies.
Speaker 4: I don't watch baddies. I'm more of like a Temptation Island.
Speaker 3: Okay, the whole thing, like a Okay, I need to get into that. I need to get into that.
Speaker 4: You literally are just like are these like people mental? Like I'm just like I feel better about myself when I cry.
Speaker 3: Would y'all go on those shows?
Speaker 2: Like what are you gonna?
Speaker 4: I've talked to him about like ultimatum.
Speaker 2: I've talked to him about like prior engagement.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, I talked to him about ultimatum.
Speaker 4: Was like we should do ultimatum.
Speaker 2: He's like, I'm kind of down.
Speaker 5: I was like, okay, cool, Like wait, what that's the one where it's like you like go in the house and then like there's hell.
Speaker 4: Of people and that's temptation ultimatum is when like you either like go and get engaged or you break up.
Speaker 2: And go with someone else and go with someone Okay, yeah, people.
Speaker 4: So like we were like considering the ultimatum at one point.
Speaker 2: No she was no, no, no, no, don't get it twisted. She wanted to go on that ship, right right, that's right. That your group him into that, that's it.
Speaker 1: Is there a wish list of people you want to collapse with? You want to work with Brandy, Brandy, ray J, Sister ray J, Sister ray J.
Speaker 5: Two ship ray J spied. Have you all listened to jool? I love I love both of them. I love the whole family.
Speaker 2: I think even how the creator can create.
Speaker 3: I loved how the creator I would cry, you would make you cry? Yeah he would Yeah that would be the time.
Speaker 2: No, and then he would it didn't be amazing. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love Frank Ocean of course.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I'm so inspired by them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, man, what would that sound like?
Speaker 3: I don't know. Probably good, I hope.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: When you work with people and you're thinking about these collaborations, are you not only thinking about just getting that person in the studio, but what you can learn from them?
Speaker 5: At the same time A thousand percent when I work with people that I'm like, that I admire because usually I just work with like my friends, like even like with Kaylannie, like I write, I but the beginning of my career in writing and like doing stuff, I would just go to the studio with her and she would bring me and I would tell her like I want to write, like I want to be a songwriter. I thought I wanted to be a songwriter for a really long time, and she would just bring me to the studio and I would learn so much by just being in the room watching her. So yeah, I definitely learned so much by being in the studio. People like that are established in.
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, so what made you want to transition out from that songwriting mindset to just becoming your own artist.
Speaker 5: I made my first EP, Colorway, and I didn't want anybody else to sing it because they were my personal stories, and then yeah.
Speaker 3: I just put it out.
Speaker 5: I was kind of I'm honestly really like super privileged because like I've known my manager David since I was like fifteen, before I even thought about making music, just being friends with Kaylene, so I kind of like had like it was accessible to just be like, Okay, I want to put out an EP.
Speaker 2: I'm like David, you have the tools around you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I had the tools for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the people around you. That's great.
Speaker 1: And Kaylinnie had a similar start like that, right, like where she was very young and you know, people helped her out and you know there was some people like Nick Cannon who didn't want nothing from her but her to.
Speaker 2: Succeed exactly right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's such a such a blessing to have people that like can help you and assist you and like bringing what you see to life, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh that's awesome and keep them around. Yeah, as long as you can forever, definitely, And you need.
Speaker 2: To be kind. Work hard or is that a thing? Is it work harder, work smarter for you? Smarter? Smarter? Yeah? Who wants to work hard? Right? I get it? Yeah? Things are too hard? I I don't know.
Speaker 3: I check out a little bit.
Speaker 2: M hm.
Speaker 3: I always say that, Like even just.
Speaker 5: Like writing a song, Like if a song is too hard to write, sometimes I'm just like, Okay, cool, I got it.
Speaker 3: I'll try again and I'll start another one. Yeah, definitely smarter.
Speaker 1: Wow, you're gonna keep your hair living like that exactly, No, for sure, man, y'all. Congratulations love on digital, my guy. Let's go come see us any time. Man, I hope it's fun for you.
Speaker 3: We can watch batties.
Speaker 2: Yes, we'll have a viewing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, view screens and comrade. Cruise Show Red nightty two three.
Speaker 4: Hey check your rich for the Cruise Show. Thanks for listening to the Cruise Show podcast. Make sure to subscribe and hey auto download so you don't miss an episode