Speaker 1: Hello everyone, Welcome back to a new episode of the Poker Go Podcast. My name is Donnie Peters, and I don't need to fly solo on this episode because my guy Tim Duckworth is here left me hanging on the last one. Sure, explain yourself for the people. Go ahead, explain yourself.
Speaker 2: First of all, what time did you record?
Speaker 1: Like five point fifteen in the morning.
Speaker 2: Okay, well we did a finish the two am, and I have a message from you saying I'm tapping out, I'm going to bed. So I was like, all right, I'm going to that.
Speaker 1: I'm not waiting up when I have no idea when that thing's going to end.
Speaker 2: True. And then obviously dehm at two am didn't get much sleep. The soccer game this morning at seven am, so I said, do a solo. You got this here?
Speaker 1: Big boy didn't even give me an interview. It was just unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Okay, you don't understand how, Like all the players were upset last night because it was so late and we couldn't change They didn't want to change the start time today, so they were they were grumpy everyone I was. I was grumpy too.
Speaker 1: Why would you change the start time.
Speaker 2: Because they couldn't. I don't know, oh, because they could. It's already, it's already in the works for next year, changing the structure a little bit. For this event.
Speaker 1: You're going to go back to giving people the adequate number of big blinds that they deserve, the points that they earn.
Speaker 2: No, because you were here in the interview that I did without champion.
Speaker 1: I listened to the interview already. We'll play the interview that's.
Speaker 2: Very rusty before you say something very rusty.
Speaker 1: Okay, let we got we've like way buried the lead. Okay, like wait wait, wait wait, Jeremy Osmas. Not only did mister Osmas win PGT Player of the Year, but Jeremy Osmas is the PGT Million Dollar Championship winner. If you guys can believe it, the guy is a god.
Speaker 2: He is a goat.
Speaker 1: And if I recall, somebody on this podcast drafted mister Yeah you were out there Beacon on Twitter. I saw you. But who picked the winner? That's right. Speaking of getting lucky, mister Osma's got lucky in a very very big hand that we will review. We'll talk about the championship. Jeremy Osmas did come out on top as I mentioned, you know, I thought it would be very fitting if Ozmas came out on top of the championship event having been the player of the year. Of course, that's never really a given. It's probably not the favorite overall, just because so much can happen in a single poker tournament. But Jeremy Osmus delivered. The guy absolutely dominated across the entire PGT season, So it is quite fitting that we wrap up the twenty twenty four Poker Grow Tour season with a victory from Ozmas, and he took home five hundred thousand dollars in prize money. So we'll talk about that. We'll talk about what happened on the final day of the event. As I previewed by myself, solo pod was so difficult.
Speaker 2: We loved it, just talking NonStop.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I loved it.
Speaker 1: Six players came into the final day and we'll talk about all of them and how they fared overall. Dode, you tell you guys once again, I've been telling you NonStop. I gotta tell you again. I right before we hopped on the air, I just closed a table on Play Poker Grow. I had like three hundred and fifty three million in ships one guy, Well, on the biggest table, you start with one hundred millions, not like that much, but it is great to say one guy got so lucky against me, so lucky against me. We got it all in on a ten seven six or ten seven four rainbow flop. I had ace ten, he had seven to six, and he hit a seven on the river to stack me. But then I went ahead and got it all back, all of the back baby from said player and a few other players as well. So hey, if you guys want to get out there and battle against me, you can also battle against Tim who I folded aces to yesterday correctly. So folded aces, you had a full house.
Speaker 2: I timed out. I flopped the full house.
Speaker 1: You timed up, but then you came back.
Speaker 2: No I know it, but I was okay. So I was trying to put a bed in of like some really silly number, and I want to let me bet that number. So then I just had to push the clicker up to like sixteen million or whatever, and then I timed out. You bet. I had to check raise. I can't if you're bearing that real lead, which is which is the bad bait you put on me? Krim, I'll tell you that. I'll tell you the hand. I made a three blinds on the button three million ace ten off suit. You three bet me to eight million from the small one with aces. I called or one hundred million.
Speaker 1: Wait, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on. I had aces. Yeah, and this is this is a bad beat for you. And I had aces because exactly this is how Tim thinks about poker. He did not have the best hand at any point in this hand. He got bad beat.
Speaker 2: You have never played a hand so absurd. You three bets of eight million. I call flop comes eight four three rainbow check check turner is an ace. You bet three million, so like one millionth of the pot. I call rivers are ten, You shove eighty nine million. I've got aces up. I mean, I'm never folding to you. So I call and you have top set.
Speaker 1: Just what a cooler cool Listen, this is This is a long way to say that if you guys are looking for poker that is fun and free, come join and I in the play poker gro streets. It's authentic poker action.
Speaker 2: It's me.
Speaker 1: I mean, you can get in there and do different things, try out different plays. Whatever you are playing against real players like Tim and myself, we were both on there. He's tram stop, I'm Brasco. So hop right into a ring game, get into the tournaments that they have. Whatever you want to do, it's on play poker gro. Every hand on play poker gro feels like the real deal. You guys can check it out on web iOS and android. Just head on over to play PokerGO dot com. All right, let's get back to the main topic at hand, which is the PGT Million Dollar Championship. So as I went over yesterday again completely by myself, you know, just had to carry the whole load. You had forty four players that began in the PGT Million Dollar Championship. They were whittled down to six. You had this wild double bubble situation with not only two players, but the players involved in this double bubble situation were married Alex Foxen and Christen fox so just wild stuff. They were playing four and four they ended up busting on I guess the same hand, although albeit on different tables. So they got everyone into the money. And then today you had Dylan Wiseman, who had the chip lead, came into the day ahead of a big HUNI Chris Huniken, Calvin Anderson, Jim Collapy, Nick Shulman, and Jeremy Osmas. Of course, as we mentioned off the top of the show, Jeremy Osmos ultimately went on to win the whole thing. Everyone that was left that came into today was guaranteed forty thousand dollars. They were playing for a five hundred thousand dollars first place prize, the million dollars that is put up for this free role on behalf of Poker Grow On the Poker Grow Tour. It's a little bit top heavy in this format, but we like it that way. First place under k, second place two hundred k, then one twenty eighty sixty and forty. It was Jim Collopy who busted first. I got a little bit of a late start to watching the stream. I came in when they were five handed, almost running around with my kids this morning. But I was surprised to see Callipy go out early. He was sporting the I guess what I would call the now Jim Calliby famous PGT beanie that he always wears. He also had.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, hold up always wears. I gave it to him like two days ago.
Speaker 1: No, he has this thing on a lot.
Speaker 2: I feel like beat. Okay, I gave it to him. He guys, oh, I'll wear that, didn't have one you normally wears another beanie.
Speaker 1: He had his Poker Masters purple jacket on. Yes, nice, and then he had okay, this is definitely Jim Calliby famous his can of liquid death water love. He always has that.
Speaker 2: Do you like liquid death?
Speaker 1: I've had it once and it tasted like water in a can.
Speaker 2: So I don't really know what it was like.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's not that I don't like it, It just I don't like what's so special about it was kind of my my thing. What's interesting to me is that, I mean early on, nothing really crazy happened right away, right like, not that I could tell when I was skimming through the updates and like getting myself caught up because cal it Be came into the day. What third or fourth in chips? Yeah, so I mean obviously Dylan Wiseman had the big chip lead. Yes, but yeah, and then all of a sudden, it's just it's Collop, He's got sevens, it's Shulman's got ace King. The money goes in. Shulman flops a king and that's that for Jim Callipy. But it kind of just seemed like out of nowhere that it that it happened early on, you know, I guess I was. I don't know, I guess I'm a little bit surprised always when uh, you know, the player who's the short stack doesn't go out first, but whatever call it. He takes on forty k for that, which good score for him. And then you had Chris Hunikin going out after that in fifth place, so he he lost I think a huge hand six versus Queens. And this this was a spot where if anyone has well, if anyone's ever played with Calvin Anderson, you'll you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. Over anyone's ever watched Calvin Anderson play, I mean, he's he's out there and he's and what I mean by that is he's in almost every single hand. I mean he plays like eighty percent of hands. It's absolutely wild. If you're at his table, it's a giant pain in the ass to play with him because he can have just about anything at any given moment, and he's also very good. He's aggressive, so he can you know, certainly get creative and think outside the box. So overall it's just a giant thorn in your side constantly playing against Anderson, which I think ultimately led to this Chris Unichan bust out, which was he opens on the button, Dylan Wiseman calls from the small blind, and then Calvin Andersen puts in a three bet from the big blind. Looks like the perfect squeeze spot, right, he can be doing this with a lot of different hands. Well, he's just got queens hunigans decides to rip in the pocket sixes. Wiseman obviously gets out of the way, and Anderson calls, what the Queen's the Queen's hold and that well, sorry, that wasn't that for Heunickan because he was left with fifteen k when the big blind was fifty k. He ends up doubling up twice, I believe, and then and then gets knocked out shortly after that. So he takes on fifth place for sixty thousand dollars. Then they get down to four handed play, of course, and all of a sudden it's like Jeremy Osmas starts chipping up, but then Calvin Anderson kind of like puts the smack down a little bit, and he continues to chip up again, and it's starting to look like it's Calvin Anderson's tournament to lose. He's just gonna kind of run away with this thing. And then Dylan Wiseman, who started the final table as the chip leader, he ultimately goes out in fourth place, and he got unlucky to do so. He opened with pocket s Evans, Calvin Anderson three bat with ACE five off. Wiseman put it all in with those sevens, Anderson called it off. Anderson flopped one five and turned another five and obviously held from there to knock out Wiseman in fourth place. What's interesting about this spot is that on day one. At the end of day one, Wiseman busted Alex Foxen in eighth place with ACE five versus Ace King getting lucky hitting a five. He hit a five on the turn.
Speaker 2: You're missing the one hand. I just wanted to go back back a little bit with two hands for Keith. For Wiseman, he had one blind on blind battle with Calvin Ace ten versus ten to nine nine high flop tailment to some chips went in there, so he last had one to Calvin.
Speaker 1: That one could have been worse though on the river because a four flush or sorry a four straight was on board if somebody had either seven or eight. So the river ended up going check check. But it could have been a lot worse for Wiseman had the river not not coming but like a four liner out there. So there was that one, but yeah, that was that was bad for for Dylan for sure.
Speaker 2: And then there was the big one against Osmas without favorite hand. Osmas had the King Queen versus the Ace Queen of Wiseman.
Speaker 1: They get it all the way. Yeah, that one King on the River.
Speaker 2: King on the River, the first three outa that Jeremy is going to hit at this final table.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean this one obviously kept Jeremy and the tournament because he was all in. It was Dylan Wiseman raising two or from the cut off seat, Jeremy Osmas moved all in from the small blind with King Queen suited. I mean, this is a pretty understandable place so far. Wiseman calls he's got a dominating East Queen. It's all the way queen clean until the river six six four nine boom, cowboy King on the River, And that was a huge double up for Jeremie Osmas I was in the chat. Everyone was like, this guy, not only is he really good at poker, not only is he really good looking, he's lucky as all hell. So so so there was that, and then and then after that is when shortly thereafter is when Wisman ended up busting. I think he lost right around about half a stack or so when he doubled up Ozma, so was still in it, you know, not as short as when Hewniken, you know, lost that that huge hand to really cripple him, but you know, still wasn't able to come back from it at all. And then the hand of the tournament arguably, I mean, this is in contention for hand of the year and it's only January eleventh, like that, this should be in contention all the way till the end. And it was for sure the hand of the PGT season. It was this hand is out of control. So they are playing three handed. Calvin Anderson has a sizeable chip lead, although Jeremy Osmos has started to work his way up and really cut into that lead. And then Nick Schulman had around I don't know seventeen or eighteen big lines in third place. So they play this hand where Calvin Anderson limps in from the small blind and Jeremy Osmas checks his option in the big blind. I watched this hand as it happened on stream, so I knew what they had. And Anderson had ten nine off. Ozmas has jack nine off, so Ozma's in a pretty good spot here, dominating the flop comes ten nine six with two diamonds, the ten of diamonds and the six of diamonds, so top two pair four Anderson, and then middle pair with that nine for Ozmas. He's also got the jack of diamonds in his hand, which is important to note here because it does provide some back door outs as well. Anderson did have the nine of diamonds in his hand. Both players check, and the turn is the nine of clubs, So here we go. Trips for Osmas, who's in position against Anderson, who has a full house nines over tens. Starts off with Anderson checking. Ozma bets one hundred thousand. At the time the blinds were forty thousand and eight thousand. Osmas comes with one hundred thousand. Instead of slow playing this, Anderson just decides to fast play it right away, comes back with a check RaSE to three seventy five. Ozmas fires right back. I mean he took some time, but fired back eight hundred thousand from Ozmas, and then Anderson clicks it up to one point three to five million, and it's like, what the hell just transpired? This was limped pre check down the flop, and now all of a sudden, these guys are going bonkers on the turn. What the hell is happening? Obviously you're watching this in real time and you can see the whole cards on the stream and you're just like, oh my, like, oh my god, this is crazy. Course, Ozmas has way too much of a hand on the turn with trip nine, so he can never fold, especially against Cal, so he calls the River's the jack of clubs. I mean hello. With the action on the turn, Cal's probably thinking like, I mean, maybe he has seven to eight here, maybe he's got sixes full, but like six is full, maybe not really fits in there because Ozma's checked back pre but he's like he's got to have at least nine, right, I mean, he doesn't have tens because Cal feels good that he doesn't have tens because he didn't raise pretty Ozma's so he's probably thinking seven, eight, nine to six maybe to some degree pocket sixes is in there. Then the River's the Jack of clubs. I mean, just incredible stuff. The pot's like at this point, what like two point eight million or something ridiculous. And Anderson comes with a super small bat three ninety. Ozmas moves all in. Well, Ozma's did the all but one chip left, everything but one five thousand chip behind. Anderson announces that he's all in. Ozma's obviously quickly calls and I've never seen cal react really at all. And he reacted. He kind of like shot out of his chair. He couldn't believe it, like it was just it was absolutely sickening on his behalf. And then if you're you know, in camp Ozmas, I mean, what a freaking river card. Seriously, Ozmas ends up doubling up to over five point eight million, Calvin Anderson takes a big tumble down the leaderboard to one point seventy three million, So just absolutely absolutely wild stuff. And I mean, I know, me running through the hand the hand history here on the podcast, it can probably give you some sort of idea, but you got you just got to watch it. I mean, the hand was absolutely incredible really, and it's out now on the poker Goo Twitter account, so go check it out. It's just the whole thing. It's just wild and like on the turn again, the hand just it starts kind of meaningless. Obviously, players connect with the flop and then the you know, the the nine pairs of the board. On the turn, You're like, okay, some fireworks, but in a limped pot, how crazy is it gonna get? And then all of a sudden, it's just like raise, raise, right, what the hell's going on? Nick Shulman ends up finding a double up through Calvin Anderson. There's that, and then Calvin Anderson is super short. He's in the small blind. He moves all in the jack five and guess what, Jeremie Osmas just has two kings in the big blind, Like, no big deal, so he quickly calls there those kings hold. I mean Ousma's went on to make a full house. No big deal, and Ozmus ends up knocking out Calvin Anderson in third place. At Anderson takes some one hundred and twenty thousand dollars, and then Ozmas takes a big, big chip lead into heads up play seven point four million for Ozmas one point eight million for Shulman and Buddy. We both drafted these guys. Unfortunately you didn't draft as well as I did, because I picked the guy who had I picked the guy who had the horseshoe up his ass. For the entire final table, we got we, we got it, we got we got people down to heads up play.
Speaker 2: I also had the bubble boy too, or one of the bubble boys. That doesn't count for anything, I know, but I was right there. I was right there.
Speaker 1: That doesn't count for anything. How long did they play heads up for a long time? Right?
Speaker 2: No? Oh, they didn't heads up? No, they didn't play long at all.
Speaker 1: Oh. Oh, I was confused because I texted you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was a delayed response, very delayed response, which.
Speaker 1: Made me think that they were playing for like an hour. I was like, what are these guys doing?
Speaker 2: It took they took a long break, and then yeah, got back into it.
Speaker 1: You don't have to tell me if it happened. But do you allow a chop to happen in this situation, mister commissioner.
Speaker 2: I'd say money, they can do whatever they want.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I know it's like money plus passport dollars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we just want the passports to remain in You know, here's the thing with these two people, they're probably the two of the best ten people to get heads up up for what we're trying to do. We're regarding passports like, I have no no worries that Nick and Jeremy going to eat through their passports within a couple of series.
Speaker 1: You know, by the Sugar Roke Cup I did.
Speaker 2: I did joke with you know, Jeremy. I was like, by the way, this expires, you know in two weeks, so PGT kickoff is going to be wild. But yeah, no, these two guys that they play very easily, the two of the top five, you know most events played per season in the studio, so they're going to get through it no problems.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So they didn't play long and then the final hand came up and it was actually a bluff by Shulman that ended up getting picked off in a good call by Ozmas. In the end, the hands started out with Shulman limping the button he had eight five off. Jeremy Osmus checked his option with King nine off from the Big Blind. It comes Jack nine to seven with a couple of diamonds, Ozma's check calls a bet fromman on the turn. The turn is the deuce of clubs, so a blank there. It was Jack of Spade's nine of diamonds, seven of diamonds on the flops and the turn is the deuce of clubs. Ozma's check calls again, this time a little bit of the larger bets, and then the river comes the seven of clubs, so it pairs the board. Ozma's checks and Shulman moves all in for one point one four five million. I think the pot at the time was like eight hundred and ninety. It was eight or nine hundred, I believe eight nine hundred thousand, So Ozma's per Sorry, Shulman moves all in a little bit of tank, but not not too long. Ozmas puts in the call. Shulman obviously turns over the old eight five for a missed gutter here, and Jeremy's out the door, or sorry, Shulman's out the door because Jeremy had middle pair. Interesting spot, you know, for for Jeremy overall, you know, does have that king of diamonds in his hand. Maybe can lean that you want your opponent to have the diamonds and and have missed the fluster and just go go piling. But I don't know, I don't know if in like a heads of scenario like this, that king of diamonds is as important of a blocker as other situations. But nevertheless, Ozmas was true to the test and he passed it. And uh, he's the PGT Championship. Kind of interesting that Shulman. I mean, what a week ago, week and a half ago, had that crazy bluff that he pulled at in the first event at the final table of the PGT Last Chance Series where he went for it against Yao Samau on the river having a king blocker to a Broadway straight combination, but somehow obviously had it. Every time you think you have the blocker, they have it. It's so frustrating. But anyway, Shulman ended up going on to win that event. You know, the fact that he nearly bluffed off his entire tournament didn't matter. He came back, ended up winning it. And then he ends up finishing second place here, ultimately going out on a bluffbutt valiant effort by him. Two hundred K in Shulman's pocket and again Jeremy Osmas five hundred thousand dollars richer the PGT Player of the Year. He locked up that title. He crushed the leader board two thy, nine hundred and sixty six points. He was likely going to be the PGT Player of the Year no matter what happened during PGT Last Chance. But then he went out and got a second place anyway, to pat his lead a little bit more. He took home a fifty thousand dollars championship or sorry, fifty thousand dollars bonus prize for wing the Player of the Year honors. And then here he obviously comes in first place as we have mentioned, five hundred K for Ozma. So just an absolutely incredible year from Jeremy Osmas. And afterwards you spoke with him, sir, I did at length I think about thirteen minutes or so fourteen minutes. So we'll play that interview for you guys right now.
Speaker 2: Jeremy, congratulations on two things. Factly, twenty twenty four PGT Player of the secondly winner of the pg team Million Dollar Championship.
Speaker 3: But let's talk about.
Speaker 2: Player of the winning that season long playing hundreds of events. How does it what does it mean to you to win that honor?
Speaker 4: A lot, Like I was selling Jeff Platt. You know, there's a lot of the best players in the world here in Vegas, and this is kind of where we come to battle and the place that pgt's provided for us to play high sakes that didn't used to exist on a very regular basis. So it's just really it means a lot because it's it's tough, tough competition, lots of great players, so to win it is amazing. The leaderboards awesome. I love it it really, I don't know, I love the leaderboard. It just really inspires me to play a lot a leader just like it's kind of like a video game.
Speaker 3: You want to try to get to the top, you know, So for me, I just I love it.
Speaker 2: So when the season starts, you know, like a new season is going to sound soon. Is this something that's I could all of you like, Hey, I'm going to win it this year? Or is it more just like you know the results of falling away, Hey let's make a run of this.
Speaker 4: Well, I just am going to put in a lot of volume here no matter what. And so like I've never set financial or monetary goals for poker, I just try to put in that time and play my best and always improve. Those are like my three things, right, and then the results take care of themselves eventually. So I think my chances every year are good to win this because I play all the games. I live here, so at the series, i'm here and I get to sleep my own bed, I go all out of the series, and those are very point you know, heavy for points for the PGT. So yeah, I just think every I just have a great shot every year.
Speaker 3: But it's not like I guess it's my goal, but it's not like my specific goal, but it's kind of just the outcome of my process. I guess would.
Speaker 2: You say that heading into HPGT season that you're among the one to three maybe five people that are favorites to always win, you know, top Player of the year.
Speaker 3: I think for sure I am.
Speaker 4: I mean, you know, Nigranio and me are put in the most end. Probably Jim Callapi are probably the three guys that come to mind that are in here battling like every series, every you know, PLO Mix, No Limit World Series, we play everything. So yeah, those are the three that really come to mind. There's a lot of there's others too that maybe don't play mix, but they they play a lot of PLO, No Women, Sean Winter Solverle So yeah, I'm definitely up there with I think one of the favorite sinum.
Speaker 2: Talking about your season, you know, it took a while for you to get that win on the ball, you know, before that, there's a bit of a lull. Does that how does that affect you, you know, turning up every day? Is it something frustrating or is it just kind of part of the process, part of the grind, part of like what you're expecting when you come here. Yeah, it doesn't.
Speaker 4: It really doesn't bother me that much to not win. I look at how my years going, Am I winning?
Speaker 3: Am I losing? Like how many final tables have I made? How many? You know, because I've had I was just deep in everything. So it's like.
Speaker 4: There's kind of a trade off you can make, Like certain players will either have all the chips in the tournament and they're going to win more often, or they're going to be out but they're not going to be there as much, right, So what makes the most money?
Speaker 3: That's what I try to focus on.
Speaker 4: And I think being there a lot and getting seconds and thirds and fifths and sixth. That all adds up to a lot. So it's not like the Super Bowl. It's not like football or baseball where the only goal is to win and you get second, you lost.
Speaker 3: It's just not like that with poker.
Speaker 4: When you get second and you want a bunch of money, you won, right, So the titles are nice and they come eventually.
Speaker 2: But that wasn't bothering me really sometimes round But I guess one of your favorite things about the PGT is the lead of Baard. Obviously playing the studio is a great.
Speaker 3: Place to play.
Speaker 2: Bit what don't you like about the PGT? Is there anything that you would like to see, you know, going forward improved or something, Hey, I would like this to happen. You know, we always have people pitching the half and half and then and other things, and we've made lots of changes over the years, adding a mixed series, adding a pelog. But to you personally, what would you like, you know, to see in twenty twenty five or twenty twenty six.
Speaker 3: I mean first could be like five million and stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, I mean I don't have any complaints about it's amazing. I'm just very grateful for the PGT even existing because it gives me a place to come come work a lot, right, and they add in this extra money, so it's a it's a big deal for like the grinding professionals like me and Jim and you know people like that.
Speaker 3: So I wouldn't change a lot. And you guys, you guys listen to.
Speaker 4: Feedback really well as far as you know, adding new events or you know, you're always improving the tournaments and this and that. So I just I can't really I would change much about it, honestly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, perfect good, they're gonna turn me out now. But let's talk about the PGT Championship.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: You know we've talked about this, you know, via text message and stuff. How we changed the points for change, how we started this tournament this year with set points instead of set, slotting stack instead of points, leading to stunning stack and obviously disadvantage you slightly. But REGANI, you know, ignore all that. Is it added pressure when you come in here as the chip leader to say, get through these fifty entry field and win the whole thing.
Speaker 3: No, there's no added pressure.
Speaker 4: I mean I started to fight more big blinds in the Grand le ten, more big blinds, and I think Seth Davies fifteen more big blinds than Rocco. I think so, I mean, you see it all the time, right, it's I guess people who don't play a lot, they probably see.
Speaker 3: Who's chip leading the tournament.
Speaker 4: Like I'll see an experienced players like they're playing in a tournament with someone and some guy has all the chips, and then later they're like, you busted?
Speaker 3: What happened? Now?
Speaker 4: You know, they can't believe that they didn't win the tournament. It's like you're just not gonna win the tournament, even when your chip leader with ten left or five left, Like, you don't just win eighty percent of the time, you don't win the majority of the time. So with fifty left and not even a huge chip leader, it's like it's anyone's games. I mean, it's I'm favored, I guess, you know, but it's not like I'm likely to win. Yeah, So I don't put too much pressure on myself. I just try to play my best.
Speaker 2: So you know, this year finished, until the lad Well you side with three hundred and fifty big blinds, do you think maybe that's not enough? Then? As a reward for a season long campaign of playing in, you know, day in, day out, do you think maybe three fifty isn't worthy justification of finishing on tip?
Speaker 4: I mean you get the fifty thousand right for winning the PGT Championship, and then you have the highest equity in the tournament. Like, that's pretty good. Generally first place is already going to had a great year, So I kind of even though it wasn't advantageous for me this year to start my chips based on PGT points. Instead it was based on position this year, and I didn't start with as much as it would have last year, I think it's probably better for the PGT in the idea of the free role as giving back to the people who are in here all the time, grinding put in in the hours. You probably don't want to focus too much of that on the top guy. I mean just looking at it holistically, trying to be objective about it. Greedily, I could say that it shouldn't be like that, because if I think I have a higher.
Speaker 3: Chance of winning the leaderboard a lot, it's.
Speaker 4: In my best interest, yeah, best interest for it to be based on Although most of the time first doesn't have such a lead as I had a huge, big year it was humongous, So I think the way it was done this year was was was good for.
Speaker 2: This PGD Championship. We play the top six, it's very off the prize will go. So first, do you think this would be better as everyone is in the money kind of tournament where you know, we in a way you you know, being able to be in it is a bit of like a break back. Maybe everyone's got a five km in cash and then at the final table or maybe even the last fourteen you have some pay jumps.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's interesting. I haven't thought about that. I guess you.
Speaker 4: It's nice to have a nice, good solid number of top five hundred because that's bigger than most then a lot of the day, you know the tournament's in here, most are two three hundred for first, So it's nice to have that big number because it is the special culmination event. But yeah, I could see merits for spreading it out. But then what's first going to be? Yeah, which is still yeah, yeah, yeah, it's still great and then everyone is realizing their equity right away more rather than the way this is set up, it's pretty high variant, especially because it's very top heavy, so it's a lot of variants, you know, and the pros feel differently about it. But even just playing this file table, this is a different final table than most finel tables because you play to win at more.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean, first is a lot.
Speaker 2: So yeah, that's my follow up question, you know, on that on the money Bubble yesterday when were down to do tables. You know you're on the short side. Does it really affect how you play this event? In particular because it's so top heavy even though it's a free roll though, so you haven't put up any money, But does it? Does it change the way you play?
Speaker 4: So not putting up the money doesn't change anything for me. I just change the way I play because it's so top heavy. Yeah, so like I missed, I should have played this hand that I didn't play, and like you sort of get stuck in your you're just not used to these these payouts. So yeah, I mean it's fun. It's probably better to watch because people are like, this final table was p a little looser than most, and that's because people are playing to win more. So it's good for something different. Yeah, I don't, I don't know what most people prefer. I'm kind of I don't have super strong feelings about I'm kind of just like set it up and good point, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Play as long as it's not I don't hate it. You know, I think this is much better than when it was Winner Take All though. I like this, This is better for sure.
Speaker 2: Let's look at twenty twenty five seasons around the corner. You were already ditching us to go to try it, and you know, you take, You're taking the money, You're running, You're running other big boys in the j jube. But a real question is how are you approaching this next season? Is it just reset, I'm gonna grind, I'm gonna keep playing, or like you've kind of won this award, you've won the big one. You can like maybe spend some more time with the family. The kids say, at home, what's what's the plan? Do you think?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: I mean I spend a pretty good amount of time with the family at home. It's not like I'm working fifty hours a week again or any you know, anything crazy. I just kind of put my hours in and it's it's intense at times, but then I get.
Speaker 3: Two weeks off, sometimes three weeks off, like several times.
Speaker 4: A year, So I just am just coming into play again like last year, and I don't think anything's really changed.
Speaker 3: I'm just ready to come in and come in and play and play a lot of events. It does hurt to miss the Mixed Game series a little bit, but I've been trying to say, trying to I always say, I'm going to go to the next trait and the next tright, and so I decide I'm going this time like I'm going to do it and see so. So at least I'm not missing a big No Limit series or the PLO series. Those are my two. I'm better at those games. So I do love the mix series, but it's I'm just gonna have to miss them this time.
Speaker 2: You have two kids at home and a wife had Do they feel about dad playing poker? They do they watch your final tables? Do they? Are they interested in it or they just think it's just a job and generally can Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean my kids think it's cool and I bring home the trophies. They watch it. They probably were watching this one. They don't watch all of them. They watch some.
Speaker 4: My kids aren't really into poker. They are curious how I did. And you know, if I want a trophy or a bunch of money. But they're they don't really play. I tried to teach them many times, and they just don't want to sit down and learn it, and they don't want to take the time to do it. They don't seem to have the patience for it. So but my wife is always watching. And then like my family, my sisters, my mom, step dad, they're always watching every event now and everything like that.
Speaker 3: So which is which is cool? So I always have a lot of people rooting for me.
Speaker 2: Awesome, Well, congratulations PGT player, the PGT Championship winner. You get two giant chicks and now you're going to take your money and go to the bad boys of chatting. But it's okay. I'll forgive you.
Speaker 3: I promise. It's not the passport money man.
Speaker 2: Take the money.
Speaker 3: Yeah, walk up.
Speaker 2: I did that for reasons. Those guys get it. But congratulations, great season. Hopefully twenty twenty five is just as good.
Speaker 3: Thanks man, appreciate it.
Speaker 1: All right. That was tim with Jeremy as one one thing that stood out to me during the interview when you know you asked him about being like a favorite to win or be in contention Player the Year just based on like everything that he plays. He didn't mention Nick.
Speaker 2: He didn't know.
Speaker 1: I just thought that he would. That would be fresh in mine because I mean it's obviously like like Jeremy said, it's it's Daniel, it's Jim Callapy, and then I would say Nick Shulman's the other one.
Speaker 2: Nick Schulman's probably yeah, definitely fourth. You know, you could probably maybe even put a John Reord in there, Dylan Weisman.
Speaker 1: John Ordan won't play mixed. Nick would play mixed.
Speaker 2: Riordan has played mix, though, depending on what the mix is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not sure John Riordan can spell Horse.
Speaker 2: Okay, wow, King King, Johnny had Day, you talk like that.
Speaker 1: I've never seen that guy play anything other than Nolan hold Him and Pioelo. So I don't know what you want me to check.
Speaker 2: Right now, but yeah, Dylan, this one's definitely up there nowadays, you know, being out of play everything as well.
Speaker 1: No, for sure, but yeah, I thought, obviously Jeremy is an extremely deserving winner. It's great that the player of the Year ended up coming out on top. You know, for anyone who's played fantasy football out there or probably anything fantasy sports, you know, you can often be the best team in the regular season and then you just, you know, lose in the first or second round of the playoffs and you're just pissed.
Speaker 2: Right March eighth, twenty twenty four, John Reordan fourth place, PGT Mixed Games five K and no limit Douce.
Speaker 1: There you go, Yeah, buddy, a big bet game, Buddy, a big bet game.
Speaker 2: Okay, you can't. Well you have to climorify this.
Speaker 1: You can't.
Speaker 2: You guys call it just limit. You just want limit only. Okay.
Speaker 1: Listen, there's there's two categories of the games. There's big bet and there's mixed. And the mix is generally always about the limit limit games, and then the big bet is the big bet. Stuff don't really count in big bet. And also, I remember that run and I remember speaking with him. He had no idea what he was doing. Okay, he was open about that, very open about that. Let me ask you, you're the commission I mean, we'll put a bow on the PGT Million Dollar Championship. Are you happy with the way that it turned out? Do you have anything that you're already cooking up for next year? Like, what do you what are your thoughts?
Speaker 2: No? I think it very really really well. It was great to see a very deserving winner, Jeremy taking it down. I think it's kind of cool that, you know, the player of the year also won, you know, the season concluding championship. That's that's kind of awesome. And to go heads up with Nick, another PGT regular is also great. Season was good. You know, we did did some new stuff, tweaked some old things. I think everyone is pretty happy with how it went. Always trying to improve to put on the best tour for these players. So you know, that's why I kind of ask Jeremy, you know, what would you what else would you approve? You know, I talk to players all the time about that, how can we just get one percent better? Because one percent better is better than not getting better. So we'll tweak this championship next year a couple different ways. And I you know, I tried to get it on last year and I couldn't. I'm pulling to try and get this Bounty series somewhere in our schedule. Definitely thinking about a half and half event or series. We'll see what we can do there. But yeah, first half of the season it's set. You can find everything on PGT dot com Schedule structure sheets. Only thing that's not on there is the Texas Poker Open, which we'll be announcing very soon, and then we'll after that, we'll start figuring out the back half of the season.
Speaker 1: Do you anticipate that players are excited to chase the top forty of the leader ward and chase qualification into the PGT Championship. The reason why I'm asking is it definitely you could definitely feel that the buzz and the excitement around PGT Last Chance, But PGT Last Chance is kind of this independent thing. I'm just wondering if that same sort of buzz you think will carry over it all to the entire season and not just be so focused on that final series.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's that final series is just just so great with everything that's going on, Like, I don't think we should be expecting the same numbers at the upcoming PGT kickoff. I think we need to be realistic and know that the players were playing Last Chance to try and qualify for the free Roll. There wasn't really any competing events on come kickoff. You know, everyone's kind of getting back into things. You got Bogada and Seminole kicking off their series, so players now have a few more options, so I think our numbers will go down, but that doesn't mean the season is going to be abut you know, it's going to start slow. Then we'll come back up with the Poco Cup, you know, we have the mixed games, the PLO or the USPO. Like. I still think it's going to be a good season. I'm hoping that all the work we did during the year, getting new faces in the studio, extensive satellites, we can kind of grow on that. You know, I think the most important thing is to get new people in the studio playing, experiencing what it's like to play a PGT event, experience you know, the first class aria staff and how they handle the whole operation of the tournament. And you'll see that we get these people in the door, they have a great experience, win, lose or draw and come back. And I think that's the most important thing for the longevity of what we're trying to do with the PGT.
Speaker 1: I mean, I hope it carries over, you know, I hope it just not all just bunched up into into last chance and people do you know, try and compete over the course of the entire season, and not just say, hey, why don't I just instead of putting in all that time and effort and bankroll money over the course of an entire season, why don't I just come out for Last Chance and just try and do it that way, you know, take my swing at that time. So we'll see. But as you mentioned, it all starts with kickoff coming up in just over a week's time. Four or five k's one, ten k double points for everything. You seem to be less bullish on the numbers than I am.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I just know first handsome players heading to Seminal like they're heading to Bogatta now that then they're gonna go to Seminole. We got we got your boy kickoff legend, David Coleman skipping Kickoff to go to Disneyland.
Speaker 1: I mean, you're you're only supposed to go to Disneyland if you win.
Speaker 2: Well, he I ain't winning anything kickoff. And look, that's if we really think about it. These guys have put in. You know that there was six events during Last Chance long days, a lot on the line, so you know they want to skip the first series of the season and go do something else. So go play someone else that's okay, they'll come back, they know where home is. But it gives you know what, It gives the opportunity to someone else like David Coleman this year to launch themselves up the leaderboard and be in a position to start the year as number one with that double points, that that extra lead, and maybe that propels them to play full schedules for the entire BGT season.
Speaker 1: Yeah we won't. We won't talk about it on this show. But the next one that we'll do in what I'm planning for is a couple of days. We got to do the same thing that we kind of did last year, you know, like who's going to be the break up player of the year whatever. I mean, not to too my own horn, but I did pick David Coleman, and then he just went out and kick off and just had four cash's one two events, just absolutely crushed the damn thing. So I'm going to try and find the next David Coleman. Okay. I also think that we need to install PGT. This is my suggestion, not that you asked me like you asked Jeremy, but but I'm just gonna inject it right here. We need to install awards for the PGT and and I want them to be like player voted awards, much like the NBA does it, and stuff like like I want like best short best short stack player. I mean, it's for sure going to be Sean Winter, but like, no, I know, but it'd be cool. It'd be cool to like you just will hand out like a little thing where people can just check names or write names or whatever. We'll pass it around, you know, best, this, best that, whatever.
Speaker 2: Like it. It'd be what's what's just put.
Speaker 1: Them out there as some content at the end we can talk about on the podcast like whatever. You know, like the gp I used to have that, you know, like the toughest player or whatever, and Steven Shouldwicks just win it every year, like what are the who's the toughest player in the PGT group? You know, like let's I think that was.
Speaker 2: No because I was chatting with David Coleman about the upcoming Global Parker Awards and I said that you're going, you know, you have to make a speech, et cetera, because no, I'm not. I'm not I'm going to try it or something. So okay, because I don't really like those awards kind of shows, and I go, well, you better like them because I'm going to do one for us next year. Kind of joking, but kind of serious because I keep thinking about, like, you know, I look at our all time stats and talking about you know, so much talk about WSP Hall of Fame. But I was like, well, we could have a PGT Hall of Fame at one point, just like it should be like a play in. You know, once you hit certain criteria, you're in. It's not a nomination thing. But like I was thinking, it'd be cool to have, you know, before the championship. You have the nice you have, like I said at dinner with like the forty that make it right, and you could I was actually thinking exactly what you just mentioned about awards and like presenting some in season awards, presenting some like five year period awards, et cetera. Kind of really put that put some effort into like showcasing our players and highlighting out players because I think they do. They do enjoy that. We heard them saying that during the championship. You know, we had like players playing in the championship for the first time. I was like, oh, this is awesome, this is so good, Like great to be a part of this, Like, you know, we're giving out this special I would.
Speaker 1: Say that too, if you're giving me a million dollar free roll.
Speaker 2: Yeah, letting you know they're bothering me up, got it, got it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're making sure the million comes back next year. Okay, that's what they're doing.
Speaker 2: A million will always be there if it was up to me.
Speaker 1: I mean, listen, I thought the PGC Championship was a great event. I can't wait to run it back next year. You know, I'm very much looking forward to it once again. That sweat at the end, you know, right around I mean it started a little bit earlier than the Last Chance I mean Last Chances, when it really all like was headlining stuff, you know, coupled with the fact that there really wasn't anything else going on in poker, which which helps. But you know, just before that, you know, down in Texas, you know, just just starting to get the the the buzz out there of the people who are trying to chase those additional cashes, like all that sort of thing.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: So so yeah, I think personally, I would like to make it our biggest goal is to everyone comes that freaking qualifies.
Speaker 2: Like like that's what that's the one thing with changing.
Speaker 1: I know, but it's it's like, but I want them to all like come and you know whatever, Like I want them to be there when phil Ivy qualifies, Like, Well.
Speaker 2: There's one way to do that, and that's to change the payoffs where it's like everyone is cash is for five k up until the final table, like I discussed for Jeremy. That's that's probably the best way to people so people can realize some avas and equities straight away. Yeah.
Speaker 1: The other the other I was thinking about the three cash requirement. I was wondering if that should be higher.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I don't think I'm not because you and I have to.
Speaker 1: Baited this before, like this exact thing when we when we were putting it in, you and I were like debating, and I can't even remember what side we were on.
Speaker 2: I think it's I think this proof that three is a good number. We had obviously Jonathan Tomorrow fight everything in Texas Payler round up, fight everything it last chance to get one cash. You got it, Matthew Lambresh fight everything in Pokemons has missed out, Like there's some value to the three cash now if you go to four or five it's much harder for some guy that's you know, bingked one thing or two things at the World Series to chase three more cases throughout the especially if they're you know, businessman or you know they But I'm getting it is that I want to make it harder.
Speaker 1: I mean, no, it's not. It's not necessarily that I want to make it harder. I want to cater it more to the people that play the highest volume of our owned and operaated events in the studio. M That's what I want to do. Like if you have like five cashes at the Doubs a p and they're they're great, and they're certainly noteworthy, and they get you a lot of points and you want a lot of money. And it's not that that stuff is not extremely hard, because it is. But that's like done through a partnership more so than it is our own and operated events. You don't even really have it have to step foot in the studio. So, like, you know, I would rather somebody and maybe I'll change my mind if I think a little bit further this because I'm kind of just thinking off the top of my head, but like just somebody who's like literally always at the studio playing all of our events like that seems where we should be channeling things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, it's worth, it's worth definitely discussing. And we have a week now to figure out any rule tweaks or changes before before PG take kickoff. Let's go.
Speaker 1: I'm ready, I'm ready for kickoff.
Speaker 2: I'm not I need this week off.
Speaker 1: I wish I wish you were running satellites for kickoff.
Speaker 2: You've got to talk to the area boys about that. One would yeah, definitely wouldn't make sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I would be in there for sure, especially with if you ultimately get in then it's double point to kind of catapults the whole thing, like yep, yeah, that'd be legit. So kickoff is gonna be fun. Coming up in just over a week's time. January twentieth is the first event. The plan is to stream the final tables January twenty first through twenty fifth. The plan is for REMC Rinkama and myself to be in the booth. So yeah, good stuff. And then right after that, it's like what two or three weeks before OPRA groke up, yep, and we're freaking off man, It's like right back the running. December is you know, in terms of our work, stuff is generally pretty low key, you know, and we obviously do our day to day, but without events running a lot, without shows being filmed, et cetera, it's it's a little bit uh or it's a lot less of a lift. That's one reason why Tim and I are out there playing a lot more in December. But then once January hits, man, it's go, go go. So here's to a successful PGT season. I think I can confidently say that it was successful, and I'm looking forward to another successful one, and hopefully we can do it bigger and better than we did this last year. That's the goal. So let's see if we can make it happen. The pods won't stop, of course, let's go. I you said to our buddy Matt's average that we're going to do more pods this year than we did last year. You said that, yes, okay, now we got to do it.
Speaker 2: I just think that I'm going to kind of force you to, you know, do a few more. We go through some lulls outside of the World Series, so.
Speaker 1: You don't need to force me.
Speaker 2: No, I need to force you. You get lazy sometimes I don't get late. I think we'll do it. I think we I think we're already on a good look, We're already know this is our fourth part of the year. We're already off to a great start.
Speaker 1: Well, wait, who's last.
Speaker 2: Our fourth problem?
Speaker 1: Yours are mine? You know, you can't take one off. And then we're like, yeah, I was there. No, you weren't there. You weren't even sending an interview in.
Speaker 2: You didn't do it.
Speaker 1: You didn't do anything. You didn't do a damn thing for that podcast. I did it. I woke my ass up at five am. I went downstairs, I recorded the damn podcast. And you didn't do anything. You were sleeping, sleepy.
Speaker 2: Our team has done four this Yeah, it took us till February fourteenth last year to get to four. The year before that, it took us about the same time. But I just feel like we're going to be more consistent outside of the World Series. We're very good during the World Series. Outside of the World Series, we need to be better and it's a bit of a challenge to ourselves to just keep the news flowing for the listeners out there. And yeah, maybe we'll crack one hundred this year.
Speaker 1: We'll we will one thousand percent crack one hundred.
Speaker 2: Geez okay, I just said, mo, you've just increases.
Speaker 1: By gonna happen. Happen for sure. All right, I got nothing else talk.
Speaker 2: About, do you I'm ready to eat some pizza?
Speaker 1: Ready to Did you order pizza?
Speaker 2: No? My wife put a pizza in the oven. Little like you know those ones you buy from like Costco, frozen barbecue chicken. I think it is.
Speaker 1: Those are the worst pizzas in the universe.
Speaker 2: Barbecue chicken will just box barbecue.
Speaker 1: Chicken sounds horrible, yes, but also frozen pizzas horrible.
Speaker 2: It's fine. I found one that I like.
Speaker 1: They're not good first of all, and they're also horrible for you because they got to put all this ship in them to like allow them to stay for Just go out, get some nice, freshly made pizza and that's the way to go. All right, that's gonna do it for us. We got nothing else to talk about, but we'll be back in a few days. I want to do like, like you know, predictions for the PGT season, maybe talk about some stuff general, just on the poker year, find the new David Coleman. Yes, we'll do that. You know, so we'll hit on all of that sort of stuff. It's it's a little bit of a weird time because in my head our year is ending now, even though we were already you know, eleven days into the new year. So it's just it's just how we set it up on the calendar. But yeah, no big deal. So we'll be getting to that stuff. So stay tuned to that. I haven't asked in a while. And if you're listening now, I appreciate you greatly, But leave a review. I don't think we've had many reviews on the podcast. We got it. That's one thing we definitely have to do. We got to bring back the review contest sort of thing that we've been doing many are for for a long time now. So let's let's like ramp that back up and get that back going. I'm sure we have some merchant whatever that we can give out. So all right, guys, that's gonna do it for us. My name is Donnie Peters. His name is Tim Duckworth, and we'll talk to you guys next time.
Speaker 2: Say yeah, brads night. Jenny Express