Speaker 1: Ross and I were just kind of talking off the air. We don't really believe it or not. Ross and I don't text each other while these things are going on, mostly because there's a good probability one of us ain't watching it while it's live, because you know, we get up in the morning and watch it. So we hit each other with our fresh takes this morning before the show, just really the overall how did you think it goes? What are your top one or two takeaways? And I'll tell you what mine are before we get into this one. Kamala was less circular speaking, more practiced than I think people probably thought she was going to be. And why wouldn't you think that with the most recent stuff that you've seen of her trying to form coherent sentences in these situations.
Speaker 2: Where it's just it comes across as weird.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: But I remembered, you know, how how she was on the debate stage against Biden, obviously when she was throwing him under the bus as a racist, and it was more coherent than a lot of the clips that we have played of Harris over the last few weeks.
Speaker 2: And I think you.
Speaker 1: Got that more that version, not to the extent that it was I think you got more of that version. And Trump came in there and you could tell they had one or two things that they were getting ready, you know, as as gotcha lines. There's a whole bunch of them in the audio we're going to play. There's one where Trump did the hey, I'm talking thing, and we'll play that for you, which.
Speaker 2: Obviously was was her line.
Speaker 1: So the best way I could sum it up is Kamala came across as well, let's see you know what you know, let's just we don't. Let's not beat around the bush, depending on who you like. Kamala came across as a B and Trump came across as a D.
Speaker 2: Is that fair?
Speaker 1: And the thing is, strategically, you have people on both sides that would tell that person, be it Kamala or Trump, you need to or you shouldn't come across as that. And so I don't know what to think. I don't know that did we sway people yesterday?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 1: No, probably not when you're both dug in to because your side has a thirst for blood. I don't know how that lands in the middle. I know that sounds waffling, but it's not. I mean, it's just there's nothing I can point to definitively that I think would have moved a large group of people, except people who might be getting a fresh taste of well, a fresh taste of Kamala, right, because there's not a lot out there, and maybe some who don't remember that. That's kind of how Trump operated. He accused the dude's dad of helping to kill a former resident. What did you think you were gonna get? And we you know, that's where we started, That's where we went from there. That will never be, that will never not be distracting. What you know, roskin color code. My audio cuts and all of Trump's are always orange. And we've settled. Is that a Is that like a pastel that we've settled on for Kamala?
Speaker 2: Because it's not a blue, it's not quite a purple.
Speaker 1: It's sure that I'd say it's like lavender.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's one of those girl colors. Yeah, yeah, that's one of the colors.
Speaker 5: She wears a lot. When you pay attention, she wears that color.
Speaker 1: I don't really check her out, but I'll trust you. Yeah, now that I think about it, I think I have seen a rock in the lavender. Okay, look, yeah, you know, all right, so she's lavender, Trump's orange, and we got a bunch of sound to get to you watch it. I'm assuming this morning obviously when you're dubbing everything in.
Speaker 5: I went to Better on nine o'clock. Well, couple of three came in, watched the debate, loaded the audio. The beginning, If anything, she was sort of like she was smacking her lips a lot. I think she really needed like some water in the beginning, and like like her voice that you were mentioning was sort of like sing songy and up and down. And but I don't think what happened last night moved the needle in either direction. Okay, like we said yesterday, like was was someone going to pull a Biden? I don't think anyone pulled a Biden.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I no, there's that not a question. Nobody. Nobody pulled a Biden.
Speaker 4: Uh and uh.
Speaker 1: Following the following the debate, uh, Kamalas said that she wanted another one Trump. I don't know that Trump said yes or no yet. I hadn't seen anything this morning, so I don't know. Maybe they do it again, maybe they don't.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 5: If ABC is going to do another debate, like.
Speaker 2: Why, like why why why would you think they never do it?
Speaker 5: I don't know, see, like and many people are pointing this out right, it seems almost like three v one's that's what it seem mean.
Speaker 2: But I had a team came in your piece.
Speaker 5: Yeah, like it was like Candy Crowley and steroids. That being said, Trump probably should have been prepared for that, right.
Speaker 1: I think it's it should have been a possi stability that was raised in the pregame meeting. Yeah, I would agree, you.
Speaker 2: Know what, it remind them.
Speaker 5: This is my main thought on it. And and okay, so I don't I think that's going to backfire on ABC and on the press. I think when you put them side by side and you see Kamala's eye rolling and they're laughing at she's smiling at people Canno that can't afford groceries, or she's smiling at the thirteen soldiers that lost their lives in Afghanistan, it looks very it was very odd and very very strange. But the moderators usually it's subtle. Yeah, this was so over the top, like they were protecting her. And once again Trump should have been prepared for that, but it's so obvious. I think that's going to backfire in people because it's so blatant. It reminded me of and you're gonna laugh or be pissed. But it reminded me of there's this classic wrestling match now hear me out between between hul Cogan and Shawn Michaels.
Speaker 2: Everything can be.
Speaker 5: Seinfeld okay, And in this classic match, Shawn Michaels is known he over sells the entire match. And if you don't know what over selling is, I'm shocked, sho no, but it's classic because he was pissed off at Hogan. And if so, what over selling is If someone punches you right, you're supposed to be like, oh, it's punched. Imagine like you get punched, but the wrestler who gets punched us like three backflips over the rope out of the ring, Like it's so obvious that he's he's over selling getting punched right, because then and then at that point it becomes so obvious what's going on that it takes away. So they were so blatant and obvious about this that I think the common person sitting at home watching this is going to be like, what the hell's going on?
Speaker 2: This isn't right, and I think it's going to backfire on him. I really do. I I mean, what is the average person. Let me tell you, Let me tell you.
Speaker 5: Let me refray the independence. I think independence sitting at home are going to be like, this is that's over the top. This is obvious what they're doing, and I just can't buy it anymore.
Speaker 1: All right, So I'm sitting there. This is how I got to watch the debate last night. So we had our listener event at chop House that was went great. Met a lot of really nice folks, folks from all over, and we drank we had we'd sampled bourbon, we were tasting some of the food. Chop House was nice enough to host us, who've done a lot of events there.
Speaker 2: Obviously they got great food.
Speaker 1: Although ross I got up and they had just served this crab dip, which is like crack that they sell there for everyone to have. And that's when I welcome people in. I say, hey, what do you think of the crab dip. They're like, oh, this is amazing, it's great, and I said, well, we want to create a unique experience. So actually those are hand harvested ducks from high Point Lake just about three o'clock this afternoon. And everyone laughs, and then I look over the one restaurant person's not laughing, so I hope I didn't irritate them, but that was the good part of my interactions with folks. I then go back to my hotel because I'm you know, I'm doing I'm in Greensboro this week, and I walk into the lobby and they it is right at debate start time, basically, so I sit down because I'm hosting the thing, I don't get to eat, like a full meal and all that. So I sit down in the lobby at the bar thing that they have there and I order. I ordered like the meatballs or whatever, and I'm sitting there. Debate comes on. Initially, the woman working won't turn it on on the TV in the bar, and it's just like, we don't run it's sports only in here. If you guys want to watch it, watch over, which I kind of get right because everyone wants to stab each other, but.
Speaker 2: It's just me.
Speaker 1: And this woman walks up and she sits there's only like four bar seating places. She sits like two down from me.
Speaker 6: And I don't look.
Speaker 2: I don't think anything of it.
Speaker 1: I don't even take into I don't even take into account that she has strolled in here other than to notice there's another person.
Speaker 2: And I hear her ask the lady.
Speaker 1: When she hands her a menu. Can we turn the debate on? Well, now I want to look to see who I'm dealing with. And I look over there, and I had I had. I had a suspicion. Okay, I had a suspicion based on stereotypes that are out there.
Speaker 2: We all do it.
Speaker 1: We don't necessarily need to vocalize it. But I was very quickly proven one hundred percent accurate. And at first she was very pleasant. I could I said, hey, I want to watch it too, and I did that to indicate to the to the ladies serving us, that it's okay and I and this is why I threw down. I said, if anyone else comes down here, feel free to turn it off. And the woman goes, yeah, that's great, and I'm like, Okay. The debate starts and she is squealing. She is squealing with delight.
Speaker 4: Comes to the economy.
Speaker 7: Do you believe Americans are better off than they were four years ago.
Speaker 8: So I was raised as a middle class kid, and I am actually the only person on this stage who has a plan that is about lifting up the middle class.
Speaker 1: This woman under her breath goes me too, me too about okay, and so she I'm like, all right, she would direct your comfort, but I don't care, right, I'm not going to sit here and get into anything or start anything. And do you haven't been implied to me. I haven't been implied to you. We're just two people watching this, and if you want to root for your team, no problem. I'm a little quieter around this stuff. So I'm just I'm just there. I'm existing.
Speaker 2: But I start to notice things, the singleness, the.
Speaker 1: Weird stuff that she was saying there, And I thought, okay, when I say singleness, I mean she's like in her own zone, right And and okay, all right, and we're still watching.
Speaker 8: Working people of America. I believe in the ambition, the aspirations, the dreams of the American people. And that is why I imagine and have actually a plan to build what I call an opportunity economy. Because here's the thing. We know that we have a shortage of homes and housing and the cost of housing is too expensive, far too many people. We know that young families need support to raise their children, and I intend on extending a tax cut for those families of six thousand dollars, which is the largest child tax credit that we have given in a long time, so that those young families can afford to buy a crib, buy a car seat, buy clothes for their children.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, look and then that's And at that point I'm like, she obviously thinks that that's great.
Speaker 4: What was set?
Speaker 2: I don't say anything.
Speaker 1: And then right before Trump starts speaking, she goes, yeah, she's for us and not for the billion and says this to me, And I'm like, you have crossed a line.
Speaker 2: I'm not talking to you. Don't talk to me.
Speaker 1: Or don't lecture me if you don't want to get into a And it's clear by my body language and the fact that I have an engaged post getting this thing on, I don't want to get into it.
Speaker 2: And then this happened.
Speaker 8: That's Economists in our country, if not the world, have reviewed our relative plans for the future of America. What Goldman Sachs has said is that Donald Trump's plan would make the economy worse, mine would strengthen the economy. What the Wharton School has said is Donald Trump's plan would actually explode the deficit.
Speaker 1: And she goes, she goes, see she's got the experts. And I turned to her and I said, he went to Wharton. I didn't say anything else. I said, he went to Wharton. That is all that I said.
Speaker 8: Sixteen Nobel laureates have described his economic plan as something that would increase inflation and by the middle of next year, would invite a recession. You just have to look at where we are and where we stand on the issues. I'd invite you.
Speaker 1: And then right there, I said invited recession. I thought we were in one.
Speaker 8: Now that Donald Trump actually has no plan for you, because he is more interested in defending himself than he is in looking out for you.
Speaker 1: Well, and I said, well, he is charged with everything. And now I'm talking to the way I'm not talking to this woman. And she at that point is Daggers. Absolute Daggers.
Speaker 4: I went to the Wharton School to find it, Shiga Faz. Many of those professors, the top professors, think my plan is a brilliant plan. It's a great plan. It's a plan that's going to bring up our worth, our value as a country. It's going to make people want to be able to go and work and create jobs and create a lot of good, solid money for our country. And just to finish off, she doesn't have a plan. She copied Biden's plan, and it's like four sentences like run, spot run.
Speaker 2: And so the next thing that happens.
Speaker 1: And I don't want to get anyone in trouble because this is my interpretation at the time.
Speaker 2: The woman who is one.
Speaker 1: Of the workers there, who's kind, she's doing her own thing, but she's obviously listening to this. She's nodding her head while Trump is talking. And this woman is sitting there next to us, is what is clearly seeing this. I don't say anything again, I don't even I don't want to engage. And you're welcome to sit there and you can cheer and whistle and do whatever you want. I got headphones, it'll be fine. And then this line.
Speaker 4: Hits policies like they have. I don't say her because she has no policy. Everything that she believed three years ago and four years ago is out the window. She's going to my philosophy now. In fact, I was going to send her a maga hat she's gone to my philosophy.
Speaker 1: But I laugh out loud. I'm sorry, I laughed out loud. And then I hear and you have to understand, we're like, what five minutes into debate at that time, you know, not counting the setup and everything right, just a few minutes into this, I hear, can I get a check?
Speaker 2: And she pays and.
Speaker 1: Leaves And it was better than any dessert or anything that I could have ordered.
Speaker 2: And I didn't have to do anything. So I was so I tweeted some of this out last night. So that was my fun. That was my watching experience, and we got a whole bunch more to get to.
Speaker 1: We got a few other stories as well. We got to talk about this morning phone number eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four. If you want to opine on what you saw there yesterday, We're happy to have those conversations. Do you think Trump could have done more? Do you think everyone had the right tone? Do you think some of the lines landed either for him or for her? And should they do another debate? If if they're all gonna look like as Ross pointed out, they're gonna look like ABC is doing a three on one. I you know, maybe maybe if for Trump, you don't do it and you just take the you take the flack. Anyway, We'll be back hang on. One of the one of the people who was watching that little bit of the debate down there, told me a little about themselves, and they are they are. This is the first time they can vote because they're not from here. They moved here legally, I would point out, came through and they have they have now a chief citizenship and the ability to go ahead and cast a vote.
Speaker 2: And so she was very excited. It's her first chance to vote.
Speaker 1: And I'm not going to tell you where she came from, but you don't want to live there ever, not not among us, I guess the you know, the the general population because of the absolute overt corruption and danger that individuals face in this country.
Speaker 2: She was from and she could not have hated Kamala Moore.
Speaker 1: And I want you to understand that she is you would identify her as black if you saw her. I mean, she is black, but she's not, you know, raised in America black. And she she gets really she said that she gets really offended by this expectation. And I just thought That was an interesting perspective because you know, we you know, we have we have black listeners who obviously push back against what would be the normal flow of expectations. Right, don't step off the democratic plantation is the line that they use, And it was interesting to see how offended she was.
Speaker 2: At that concept.
Speaker 1: So I'm telling you talk to people, and I didn't. I didn't lead her, tell her anything.
Speaker 2: I didn't. Maybe I didn't tell her anything about me. I just listened.
Speaker 1: So my point being that is, you can handicap these things to the extent that you can handicap these things. But like that's a perspective I don't I wasn't really calculating in there. And there's probably not enough of her to necessarily move the needle in some states, but maybe there is. But having that, I don't know that layer of perspective there, and I don't know everything going on in her life. But like the stuff the big promises and and and those types of things, and then what is witnessed where it looks like a prosecution of one's political opponents weighs weighed heavily in her mind based on what she was telling me. So you know, that's that's why we do these things. That's why we go out and we have these events and we listen to folks scream at each other on a stage and crack jokes and people read body language, and you know, it's it's it's like a divining rod. And sometimes when they get it right, and sometimes they don't. The biggest I think one of the biggest things that the Harris campaign may run into a problem with is they can't appear to appear like Hillary did, with a smug level of self confidence, like I don't even know why I'm talking to this peasant. And I think they have to be I think they have to be very careful that that doesn't come across, because I think people picked up and read that last time more obviously than people thought they were going to. You looked at you looked at all the post mortem on the on the Hillary campaign. Almost every single thing where it seemingly cost her a lot of votes or the very least uh caught, you know, cause people to not show up with the polls seemed to be perceived arrogance. And so the question is, when you look at that debate last night, did either of the two candidates seem arrogant and because people are sick of arrogant and entitled, and frankly, I think they're sick of it across the board. They just have a different perception about how one appears to be entitled. You know, it could be you know, Hillary not even bothering to go to Michigan or Wisconsin because who the hell cares. Or it could be Donald Trump simply being a billionaire that people attach that too. So that's why we have these conversations. All right, let's go ahead and get back into it. And you know, Trump out there at the very beginning trying to define his opponent classic strategy within a debate.
Speaker 2: Obviously, Kamala was doing it as well.
Speaker 4: As a Marxist. Everybody knows she's a Marxist. Her father's a Marxist professor in economics and he taught her well. But when you look at what she's done to our country, and when you look at these millions and millions of people that are pouring into our country monthly, where it's I believe twenty one million people, not the fifteen that people say, and I think it's a lot higher than the twenty one. That's bigger than New York State.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, And frankly, this is this is one of the things that Trump can get on, but he needs to get into how it impacts the economy, which is an easy story to tell because people see it. It's an easy story to tell. They're looking at what's going on up in New York where you have you have Midtown Manhattan hotels which I don't know you ever stayed in a hotel off Times Square? You ever you ever gone up done the New York thing and and shelled out the dollars necessary to stay like the W or one of the hotels there in Times Square, which are considered you know, not the not the the five star, but also not a flea bag, but but middle of the road to maybe a little nicer. The W is actually pretty nice. It's like it's a mortgage payment.
Speaker 2: And and and.
Speaker 1: People in New York or people live outside of New York themselves, like outside of the city, like who can't afford to live in Manhattan would trip over themselves to be able to live in Midtown Manhattan.
Speaker 2: That'd be crazy.
Speaker 1: And you got one hundred and forty thousand migrants that are now in New York, which by the way I saw a stat they have they can apply for a work permit. I don't know if you know this stity of New York and the City of New York, they can go ahead and do that. With this secondary number, do you know the percentage of the one hundred and forty thousand migrants that have even applied for a work permit so that they have the ability to work? In your head, formulate what do you think the percentage of those one hundred and forty thousand people who were sent for a you know, to seize the American dream. And there's no problems. You're not allowed to question any of this, even though there's motor Venezuelan motorcycle gangs committing robberies there. The percentage is two percent. Dose out of one hundred forty thousand, two percent have applied for a work permit to continue to move forward and hopefully find some stable footing that will allow them to make a more compelling case, you know, twenty years down the road or whenever they actually get in front of an immigration judge. That's where we are here. People resent that, and it's okay to address it, especially as you attach it to the economy I'm just telling you what I think winning strategies are some of it.
Speaker 2: I know some of you think I don't want to.
Speaker 1: Punch enough on stuff like this, but I think that the way you punch is you make people think about what they see around them, and you.
Speaker 2: Let them do it themselves. Ask yourself, what's going on here?
Speaker 1: Are our services that you expect within your community? Are they as readily available? And then if they're not, you have to come to terms with whether you think that's a good thing or a bad thing, or a thing that could be done better.
Speaker 2: It's it's really simple.
Speaker 4: People can't go out of buy cereal or bacon or eggs or anything else. These the people of our cunt.
Speaker 1: She is shaking her head during this. I was wonder this is something Ross mentioned earlier. Yes, she's ship in her head.
Speaker 5: And laughing and rolling and what are you doing?
Speaker 2: This is not the one to do it. This is the one to go.
Speaker 1: Yes, you know, but here's how we're bringing it down. They just got to report out literally yesterday before the debate said for the first time, grocery prices are not just failing to continue to go up their cut, they're coming down. I don't know that I believe it, but she should be armed with that, not laughing at it. Like Ross broke his leg. He comes and he's like, man, I broke my leg and.
Speaker 2: I'm just laughing at him. Well, I'm listening to him talk about.
Speaker 5: It, right, and I have had a lot of pain here.
Speaker 4: It could barely walk.
Speaker 2: So crazy.
Speaker 4: No, I'm telling you.
Speaker 1: Get out of here faster, lunatic. Oh you and you're stupid. What is that a chair with wheel?
Speaker 4: What is that? Lazy?
Speaker 1: Right, it's just don't do it, like if your people don't do that, become a statue, play the freeze game he played as a kid, and then when he's done talking, go yes, there have been struggles. It's and here's why the problem is is that if they acquiesce as they claim is separate from this stuff, that the food prices are a combination of obviously sheer greed, but residual effects from the pandemic, then it it'll it. The Trump campaign can go, oh oh, so now we do take into account how the pandemic applies to the numbers that you're seeing, and all of your stupid job creation, that whole lie becomes exposed.
Speaker 4: Are absolutely dying with what they've done, They've destroyed the economy. And all you have to do is look at a Paul. The poll say eighty and eighty five and even ninety percent that the Trump economy was great, that their economy was terrible.
Speaker 1: Well, what it said is were you doing better at this excuse me, at this time versus that time. I don't remember if it was ninety percent of one, but I have seen one in the high seventies and okay, but I also don't know the methodology for it. But frankly, that's what debates are for. You throw those out and then the fact checkers go and do their things. And frankly, she should have been ready with.
Speaker 2: That, and she wasn't.
Speaker 1: She was shaking her head and laughing, which, God help you if somebody watching that debate went to the grocery store that afternoon and it's still fresh in their mind the number that they saw appear on that screen that they had to tap their card against, and you're laughing.
Speaker 8: If Donald Trump were to be reelected.
Speaker 1: All right, So I'm just going to tell you know that Kamala Harris had that we run on the air that.
Speaker 2: You all love so much. We're starting down that road, kids.
Speaker 8: Donald Trump were to be reelected, he will sign a national abortion ban. Understanding his Project twenty twenty five, there would be a national abortion a monitor that would be monitoring your pregnancies, your miscarriages. I think the American people believe that certain freedoms, in particular the freedom to make decisions about one's own body, should not be made by the government.
Speaker 1: This is, by the way, this is the reverse of the bias from ABC News. What she's saying is so clearly without any foundation.
Speaker 5: Right, And that's why the moderator stepped in and said that he's actually not called for a national abortion ban, and he's disavowed Project twenty twenty five, and that's what that is.
Speaker 2: How yeah, that is Oh oh wait, I'm sorry. I dreamed that nobody said anything.
Speaker 1: And yet had it been reversed, and we saw many examples that would have been put out there, and he could even soft sell it. He could be like the twenty twenty five project is was a think project by the folks at Heritage Foundation. The President has on numerous occasions said that that is not his plan, and the abortion ban he has said and he yeah, he'll go down through it.
Speaker 2: Or he went down through.
Speaker 1: It is a non starter because it is a state level thing. And by the way, I know that that irritates some pro life people who now want to go to a national band. It's not I don't think it's the overwhelming part of his constituency. But he's settled where a lot of other people have settled, where this is going to be a state's issue. And then if you want a band in your state, you go to work there. And if you want it to be as anybody any time, then you go to work there and you fight it out on these fifty fronts. But at the very least, it separates an issue one of a thousand issues that are out there that somehow the FEDS have decided that they're supposed to be And even though we have enumerated powers, which is a thing, and no, there was no correction.
Speaker 8: What Donald Trump did, let's talk about this with COVID, is he actually thanked President She for what he did during COVID. Look at his tweet, thank you President She exclamation point when we know that she was responsible for lacking and not giving us.
Speaker 2: I'm a pauser. I agree with.
Speaker 8: Her transparency about the origins of COVID.
Speaker 2: There's a little second there. I agree with her.
Speaker 1: I remember on the air when I saw that tweet, going what are you doing now? Was he thanking him for COVID?
Speaker 2: Obviously he was not.
Speaker 1: And you know, somewhere and someone or somewhere in Donald's mind, he decided that he felt that that was advantageous. And I don't know the reason why. I still don't understand it to this date. That being said, if we want to talk about tweets surrounding COVID.
Speaker 2: Having to do with China, and.
Speaker 1: This is why I was got a little irritated when Trump did this is because China, along with the World Health Organization, started manipulating the messaging immediately. We all remember this, and of course nobody was held accountable for any of that. He's got in there and started doing their thing. Who's tweeting now? Now it's not this, it's all the things that in that tweet they said it wasn't it turned out to be.
Speaker 5: I'm confused by that last piece of audio because was that a mistake And did she just say that that COVID came from a lab that was that a mistake or was that intentional? Because she's flip flopping her policy as she always does.
Speaker 1: Oh you know what, that's a fair question. Let's yeah, let's listen to it again.
Speaker 8: With that contra Donald Trump did, let's talk about this with COVID. Is he actually thanked President She for what he did during COVID? Look at his tweet, thank you President She exclamation point when we know that she was responsible for lacking and I'm not giving us transparency about the origins of COVID.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I guess you could argue it is.
Speaker 1: I guess they would argue that it was simply they didn't tell you how bad the infection was when they were burning bodies.
Speaker 2: But she's not saying that.
Speaker 1: It's a typical answer where she'll leave it up to her media friends to interpret it on panels however they wont and it will be most favorable for her. But yeah, no, you can make that argument, absolutely, But that's not where it went off the rails, because you know, the big looming issue out there, and by the way, it is an issue that has had some significant updates here in just the last twenty four hours. And the issue, well, let me do this. I'm looking at it because it's a longer cut. The issue, of course, has to do with Ohio and ducks and geese and cat so now dogs and police and local elected officials and job apparently a jobs thing and twenty thousand individuals who relocated in a very short amount of time to a town of sixty thousand, adding you know, thirty three percent population growth and with people without We'll get into the cats and dogs part here in just a moment, but the part that can't get lost in this is the idea that you have a place that has schools and medical facilities and shopping facilities and jobs that are commensurate with the population. Sometimes they're not, and that's where you get you know, you know, bigger or lesser growth. But you never get growth like that unless you're the prairie during you know, during westward expansion. Right, nobody's seeing growth like that, and it immediately taxes resources. And so whether you think it's one reason they went through or you think it's another, you can't deny the fact that if you live in that area, it impacts you. Just look here in North Carolina over the last ten years, what has happened because of growth to prices. Now it can be good your home's worth a lot more than it used to be. But if you rent, your rent is crazy compared what it used to be. And it's all over the state. Now, Raleigh was really hit hard to Tryads doing it, Charlotte's doing it. These are all places that have experienced exponential growth that doesn't even compare to what this town in Ohio did. So it's a nice Peatrie dish case study that has become an animal debate, a migrant debate, a debate about everything under the sun. And it's a fair conversation, but it's being manipulated. And I'll tell you what those updates are. We'll play the audio for you, and we'll do it all next coming up here on the CaCO Day radio program. But it's not just Wednesday, it's Wednesday, September eleventh. And one of the things yesterday there there were arguably there, arguably there were probably three issues that Trump should have core focused on to the extent that he can't. I understand the debate, moderators are going to go in certain directions and then Kamala is going.
Speaker 2: To do her thing.
Speaker 1: But and then Kamala probably had two or three issues that she should have focused on and really drove it home. And I've seen debates where candidates refused to get away from those issues. They were a little more flexible yesterday, and I think they covered more ground. I think an easy layup, but there's always going to be these. I think an easy layup for Trump. That I didn't hear yesterday and I was a little surprised, was when we were talking about the immigration stuff. It's it's to talk about immigration under the lens of the story in Ohio, which I know you're going to be shocked to learn, even though you've been told it's been completely debunked. It's not necessarily the case, which I will explain here in a moment. But one of the things that is undeniable and reporting from the current presidential administration backs this up, is that the encounters on the border, and remember these are the encounters where they have acquired these individuals of folks who are on our terror watch list. Obviously it was significantly up because as you're having more people come there and be processed through this migrant program. You know the numbers, the numbers are going to follow the other numbers. But there's also reporting out and don't believe me believe the New York Times and Washington Post if that makes you feel better that they know that some were into the interior of the country. This is a reporting that took place about a month ago. So standing there on that stage yesterday, and I think not making the point that this administration has made it easier for individuals who probably watched videos from nine to eleven with no pants on because they're so excited about it into our country is I think that's a pretty good point to make. But that's not where we started. No, we started here in Springfield.
Speaker 4: They're eating the dogs the people that came in, they're eating the cats, they're eating they're eating the pets of the people that live there. And this is what's happening in our country. And it's a shame as far as the rallies are concerned. As far as the reason they go is they like what I say. They want to bring our country back. They want to make America great against very simple phrase, make America great again. She's destroying this country and if she becomes president, this country doesn't have a chance of success. Not only success will end up being Venezuela on steroids.
Speaker 7: I just want to clarify here. You bring up Springfield, Ohio and ABCD was going to reach out to the city manager there. He told us there have been no credible reports of specific claims of pets being harmed injured.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, well let's look at that. He's correcting him on the fly. Ross you dug into this. Have there has there been no reports? Huh, nobody, nobody reached out at all.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, at first Springfield, like he said, the police department said that wasn't the case. Well, first off, when your pets team, when you're pets go missing, you don't really contact the police. That isn't something you do. But they came out yesterday and they said there was actually a case, and they came out with a nine to one one audio. Yeah, a police report. You could see the nine one one call log.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the call log audio. Yet that I've seen, that.
Speaker 5: Was towards the end of the day, at the end of the news cycle.
Speaker 1: And the other thing is, too when what the quote that he's talking about from ABC, They actually said two things. They said quote the city manager said it, by the way, not the police department. But they also said, because the police don't take reports of missing pets. Okay, just like it's like, all right, let's say the police department up in wake Forest, right ross calls and he's like, I need Lotto numbers and uh and and they're like, you're insane. Don't call us again. You're wasting our time and we'll come arrestue and then they can go on. They be like, there's been nobody who's called for Loto numbers. Well, why is it because we don't provide them. Nobody's been given lotto numbers.
Speaker 2: That's what That's how it works there.
Speaker 1: Now here's the again, there is there's that part of it. It is undeniable that that dude's carrying a goose. The pushback on that is it's not within the city limits. And while those are the more memorable aspects of all of this, it goes to the point that I was making that what happens when you increase the population of a town and its services by a third in a very short period is everybody's service and ability and purchasing power or the ability to purchase what they need, compete for jobs, you know, the medical schools for the kids. It all, it has to adapt, and there's huge amounts of growing pains, and it also has to adapt differently because it's one thing if the RTP area of the Triangle starts to blow up housing developments all over Morrisville and Carry and areas surrounding it. The difference is the folks that are coming in and causing that growth, that explosion of growth in those areas are also coming in with good jobs generally, right they're moving there because they're you know, the work of tech jobs are doing this, and so the likelihood is many of those individuals are are going to be a net positive from a tax perspective to the usage of public programs, be it public schools, roads, things like that right there, net tax payers, whereas almost exclusively in this area, the growth has been by those who are negative taxpayers right where they use more services than on average that will be provided from the taxes.
Speaker 2: Collected to them.
Speaker 1: It's a wildly different algorithm when you're dealing with that, and yes, then you get the sensational stuff and when you're going to come out and you're just going to flat deny it because one city manager said it, but not include the part where they don't take those reports. Even though there is now a nine to one one log where somebody attempted to I guess spile.
Speaker 2: One of those reports is disingenuous.
Speaker 1: And if ABC is going to do a Candy Crowley, who was also ABC and corrected and not corrected, it's an entirety. People are going to think that you're doing this from a bias perspective because.
Speaker 7: You are used by individuals within the immigrant community.
Speaker 4: All I see people on Tellien. Let me just say here, this is the people on television. Certain my dog was taken and used for food. So maybe he said that, and maybe that's a good thing to say for a city manager.
Speaker 7: I'm not taking this from television people.
Speaker 4: I'm telling dog was eaten by the people that went there.
Speaker 7: Again, the Springfield City manager says, there's no evidence of that. Vice President, I'll let you respond.
Speaker 2: We'll find out.
Speaker 1: And you know, the thing is he's right, because we always do, don't we Just a little ways down the road we find out and sometimes yeah, I know that did happen, or sometimes no, that didn't happen. But to say with certainty because the city and by the way, why is the city manager who this guy?
Speaker 2: What's this by?
Speaker 1: This dude from Aby said, I don't want to remember his name? Uh, why is a phone called a city manager? Which, by the way, that dude didn't make some intern did more credible than a woman who's standing in front of her house identifying who she is, showing a picture of her pet. Not credible more so than the city manager, because I know what you're saying to say, Well, maybe this woman's dog ran off and she's decided that that's what And that's perfectly that is perfectly fine to go.
Speaker 2: Ahead and uh and and and.
Speaker 1: Think right, because you should think that you should be you should be suspect. Do you have proof that it was? And then those questions should be asked. But also the city manager saying, now that didn't happen, you need to you need to be just as suspect of him. What are his motivation? That guy's an elected official. Arguably he's got more motivation. Can he prove that this didn't happen? And the way you prove it is figure out what happened to her dog?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: Okay, we found him. We found him down the road blocks. He was out in the ditch. Sadly he was hit by a car. It looks like he crawled down there, you know, boom. All right, solved, But you can't come out and definitively say it's this thing or that thing when in both cases, like the in both cases one of those two may be right, but you can't prove which. Now, if she comes up with other witnesses or a video or something, you think ABC News is going to be issuing a correction.
Speaker 2: Hell no, Understand.
Speaker 8: This is someone who has openly said he would terminate on quoting terminate the Constitution of the United States that he.
Speaker 1: By the way, can Rosser pulled me the audio of Trump saying he's will terminate the Constitution of the United States. I want to play that, all right, ross gonna grab that. I'm sure it's in the archive because if he said that, that's insane and we would have.
Speaker 8: That right weaponize the Department of Justice against his political enemies.
Speaker 2: Do I have to say, I don't have to say anything there.
Speaker 8: Someone who has openly expressed disdain for members of our military, understand what it would mean if Donald Trump were back in the White House with no guardrails.
Speaker 1: Again, it's the which has as much credibility, by the way, as that was just announced by that ABC News anchor over the dog has just as much credibility that he said suckers and losers. You realize that, right, There is the same amount of evidence as I understand it, of that woman claiming that her dog was taken in Eden, as there is this that this Atlantic reporter put out that Donald Trump said suckers and losers. And remember they had to go back and correct it. ABC had to correct it because they secondarily sourced this through that General Millie's book. But what Milly said is he heard people say that Trump said that, which I don't know. I'm not a lawyer, but I've watched Law and Order a few times. I don't think you can do that as evidence in court. It's called here's it, that's hearsay squared. So the it's it's the old accuse them of what you're doing. So, you know, Kamla to this point, her main points have been predicated on Trump. Trump is Project twenty twenty five, Trump's gonna get rid of the Constitution, Trump's going to pass the National Abortion Man And there is zero evidence of any of this. In fact, there's pretty firm evidence in the opposition, especially as it pertains to twenty twenty five things. But she just throws that out there, and you'll notice there's no ABC audio rosted and triminy out of there.
Speaker 2: It doesn't exist.
Speaker 1: And the suckers and losers say, the Charlottesville thing is only missing from that only thing missing from that trifecta.
Speaker 2: And don't you worry she brought it up later.
Speaker 1: But I think that on the immigration thing, I think the nine to eleven angle probably would have been the best way to do it. And by the way, just in case you're like, well, you know, nobody really thinks about that. Our studios in Greensboro sit above the literally above because around the second story looking down onto the ball field for the Rockers, which is the minor league baseball team and the soccer team that plays here in High Point. In this morning, I'm making I'm getting some tea. I'm walking around the studios and we have like a second we have a balcony on the second and second story outside and it looks over the stadium and all the stadium lights are on this morning when I'm coming into the studio, which I'm like, did somebody leave those on last night? Somebody's gonna get fired. What's that bill look like?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 10: You know?
Speaker 2: The old curmudgeonly Bill pain Man in me came out.
Speaker 1: But then I realized I had I didn't realize that this is where they were holding the memorial walk. So for those of you who don't know, right now, most I don't want to say most of ECUs, I don't want you all out robin stuff. But a good portion of your fire rescue and law enforcement and their families and their friends are walking around the stadium.
Speaker 2: I think they're done.
Speaker 1: They just got done, because I walked out and they're up there having coffee and whatnot. And they were here at six in the morning, and they were doing a memorial walk. And if you look at the scoreboard, they have lists of fallen heroes. They have folks from nine to eleven. They have from three of the different rescue teams there that have some association with North Carolina. They have their names up on the board, and they're out there. They're out there at six in the morning right now, making sure that nobody does forget what happened, making sure that we have an understanding of the sacrifice that people are willing to put out there on the very same day that we're having to listen to a bunch of race hustlers sit here and talk about how there's a new civil rights movement based on a Dolphins receiver who uh decided that he didn't want to roll his window down and wanted to do one hundred plus miles an hour allegedly in a forty mile an hour zone. And I know, I'm tying a lot of stuff together, but it just really irritates me when there are some there are some bigger and better worded ways to I think slice and dice how people are feeling right now? Do you think that the members of law enforcement and the fire and rescue that are walking around the stadium right now with their families out here at you know, out here at six in the morning, whereas I, you know, my my fat butts sitting here in a chair eating a biscuit Ville steak biscuit. You're yeah with the cakilaki slide. If you don't get the cakilaki, I don't even know what you're doing. But right, and but I you know, I got a broadcast and I want to make sure and bring this up. Do you think that those individuals feel respected by the folks that are in the White House right now? I don't speak for him. Maybe they do. Do you feel that they feel that their appreciation for the job that they do, the outlier being that some of them don't do a good job and some of them don't have the temperament for it. And nobody disagrees with that. But when we're going to have another round of uh, you know, screw the police and and and look at this, and we're going to do it in the same way that we always do, where we pull some case where it's it's not pure as the as the you know, peers driven snow the details of it. It's a much more complex thing, and we're going to use it to bash on law enforcement and first responders and really, you know that that whole slice of society people are going to feel a way about it, And people are going to feel a way about it when you're shaking your head going and they're talking about grocery prices. And I think Trump could do a better job of leaning into some of this stuff, but he's Trump, and he's got an ego on him. I would have I was a billionaire, I think I do. I'm a radio guy, but not you know, not billionaire level ego, and I think that there was a couple things they're probably looking back at, going I probably should have said this, and that's why we're talking about it. So you went a weigh in eight eight eight nine three four seven eight seven four back in just a few Yeah, that's right. My slave driving bosses are forcing me to have two bourbon tasting events this week.
Speaker 2: The things I do.
Speaker 1: So last night we did the chop House. Thank it everyone who came out appreciated that. Thank you to chop House, Doug Ray, our sponsor for the event. Folks from Wealth Guardians appreciate all of all of that. A good time was had by all. But tomorrow we do it again, this time in the Triangle, and you know, I'll drag myself there and suffer through the injustice of having to sample find bourbons again.
Speaker 2: But I'd like you to join me. Don't make me do this alone. Sign up.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna I'm gonna get the link tweeted out for you a Casey on the radio or if you go to one o six one FM talk dot com. Uh, we have the event there. I think it's on the front. It's got a blue logo.
Speaker 2: And because I.
Speaker 1: Probably should have just made sure it's actual position because it moved earlier. Uh, because I want you to be able to find it. And uh, why don't you come out for a little while today, Come see us, Come, come hang with come hang with me Ross. Ross will not be there, but uh, he will be there in spirit. See that's a pun because spirits.
Speaker 2: See.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So if you scroll down just a little bit, it's on the left side, about three columns down at Stewart's Glass Bourbon Experience one O six one FM talk dot com. We'll get you there and uh, you can go ahead and get registered for that. We still have some tickets available. Is a really nice space. Obviously we're gonna have We're gonna have some Oh I'm just looking. Actually, I'm seeing some of the bourbons there they have listed. I had not seen exactly what they were gonna be, just a couple of them. All they did get the loaner Okay, yeah, have you had the Have you had the bourbon whiskey tequila cask finish? You need to try and that's gonna be one of the ones we're trying. Some of the proceeds will be benefiting the NC Fallen Firefighters Foundation and I Sell Health is our our sponsor for that who if you don't know who that is, that's another good thing because the guys will be there. And Brian Wilson is his name, and basically that's a dude who saves people a bunch of money on health insurance who are buying Obamacare on single stuff.
Speaker 5: They like they have the.
Speaker 1: Ones that meet the requirements, but more importantly that meet what you need. And so we're really I love the great sponsors that we have. So yeah, why don't you register? Tell who tell whoever? May be judgmental, you have to have. You have a very important meeting today this evening, and then come on up or bring him and we'll do it to it.
Speaker 2: So did I hear ross? Did I hear correctly that Boston Paul's coming up?
Speaker 4: Was that?
Speaker 8: Or?
Speaker 2: Am I crazy?
Speaker 10: Was that?
Speaker 2: I think? I think I heard that?
Speaker 5: So no, he will be there.
Speaker 1: Yes, oh boy, you better get there before he does.
Speaker 2: Do we have enough bourbon? I need to check?
Speaker 5: Can you imagine you're like second in line and like there's Boston Paul in front of.
Speaker 1: You, you just go home, You're just like hey, and then he turns to you and he says, you know you can't understand him, and then you're like, all.
Speaker 2: Right, well I guess some out so yeah, I'm kidding. Maybe I'm not. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Uh so, yeah, No, it's gonna be a fun event. We'd love to see there. All right, couple things, a couple things, just really back on the cat and dog thing, just to show you how comical all of this is. And it's not comical the idea that somebody would have their pet eating, or even that the allegations are out there, whether they're true or not, that we're having to have this kind of discussion, and it's it pulls away, to some extent from the bigger discussion, which is what happens when you when you take a population and increase it in a year's time or whatever it was by thirty three percent by people who most most of which who do not are not net tax profitable. Right, they're not putting more into the system than is coming out. The growing pains are significant, and these are fair questions, but just to show you how unseerious the whole thing is by the Democrats, I guess they test Fang Fang's lover to come out and got ahead and do the pushback because he can't handle the memes. I'm, of course referring to Eric I will nuke you Swallwell, who took to the took to the floor of the house yesterday, and he is so unseerious about this. He didn't even understand what the allegations are, even though it's in the picture behind him. Think about this, you all, Even if you think it's a joke or you think it's deadly serious, at least you understand what, you know, what the allegations are.
Speaker 2: This is he.
Speaker 1: Decides he's going to push back, but he I don't know if somebody yelled to him what the issue was from across a loud room and he didn't hear them, Because this is what happened.
Speaker 3: What in the hell is this? The chairman tweets protect our ducks and kittens in Ohio because he goes some down, goes down some crazy rabbit hole completely debunked that aliens are eating pets.
Speaker 4: My god, are you okay, mister chairman?
Speaker 3: Because last year, for a very long time, you tweeted and promoted Kanye West as he was calling for genocide against the Jews, and you kept it up. And now when we have victims coming here, you're tweeting this nonsense.
Speaker 4: I don't know why you would do this.
Speaker 2: I hope you're okay.
Speaker 3: I don't know if the aliens who are eating your ducks are in the room with us right now. But mister Chairman, this is a serious issue. These people have loved ones who have been lost.
Speaker 2: What the hell is he even talking about?
Speaker 1: By the way, does he mean aliens like illegal aliens, which I thought if you're a Democrat and you said that they kicked you out of the club, or does.
Speaker 2: He mean like e t I. I don't know what's going on with him.
Speaker 1: I wonder I wonder too if he's okay and throwing out that the chairman was tweeting the stuff to uh against the Jews with the help of Kanye West, or did he tweet something from Kanye West and then after Kanye went and did those crazy interviews.
Speaker 2: And they're like, dah see, see who you support?
Speaker 1: Because I feel like maybe that's more along the lines of what he's referring to.
Speaker 2: But I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe he thinks actual aliens, Maybe he thinks Theanu Naki you're eating the pets, which I don't know what they eat. I know they like gold, but you know that's the and they like building pyramids or something I saw in History Channel or whatever. But other than that, I'm just confused. Maybe it's Alf. Maybe they you know, Eric Swalwell is the dude who had Alf dissected or would if that had been real? Did We talked about this incessantly? You all know what happened. Right at the end of the series Alf. They went, they took him to a lab and dissected him. You want to talk about a bummer of an ending. The problem was is it was he was taking the lab at the end, and they thought they were gonna do another season where he would have escaped or something, but they didn't, so the series ended with him getting dissected by the governor, big eagle, evil big government. I'm telling you, man, this is People are so unserious about this. And he's got the meme up there too. Do you know how they always print the boards. Ah, here's the memes and Trump's by was tweeting memes all night. Look it is true social This is him with cats on a plane, him with ducks in a field. He's having a big old time.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 1: All right, let's grab a call or two Boston paulling you. There's Boston Paul getting ready, getting pregamed.
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 12: Yeah, man, I have to correct you. You shout it up, all right, but uh you finished with the bourbon with get it to you. It's not tonight, it's tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Night or tomorrow night.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, forgive me, forgive.
Speaker 1: Me, all right, and uh I have I have another Yeah, I have another thing tonight. That's a private thing, so for a client. So that's when my brain's not working.
Speaker 6: Maybe it's the effect last night.
Speaker 12: But anyway, if anybody has issue with tickets, I have issues and not getting not getting tickets. But your confirmation of purchasing the ticket, just it with you?
Speaker 13: Is the QR co Yeah yeah, yeah, you make QR code on that. Okay, yeah, so yeah, the receipt, the receipt will get you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a I don't know, Boston Paul. Not everything's on paper and horse and buggy anymore.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 2: Some of it's digital Bruno.
Speaker 12: It's terrible.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 12: It's that that debate last night. If that was a courtroom, I would have heard a lot of objections saying meeting the witness sustained. Rephrase your question, mister mir mir.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it was the regulation of it, if you want to call it.
Speaker 2: That was a mess.
Speaker 1: Sorry, boss and Paul I gotta go so again, leave tomorrow. Leave some for everybody else. That's all we ask. All right, we got more of your calls coming up. Raceed Agic from the Weather Channel morning. He's here to I don't know. I guess looks like now you're dealing with some weather again. I was watching everybody with the big map of Louisiana and that area and the rain totals and.
Speaker 11: All of that.
Speaker 1: But then I saw the path and it's like, maybe if you're in the very western tip of North Carolina, but we don't really see impact even from the through the Piedmont or triangle.
Speaker 11: Try it right, yeah, I mean what's going to be more interesting, I think for us is what happens off the coast. I don't know if anybody's been paying attention besides franc Seene ninety mile part hurricane right now, forecast to get a little bit stronger and head toward Theiana coast later today early tonight, but guidance trying to suggest that maybe low pressure late in the weekend early next week develops to our east, and that becomes either a store or something more formidable for us to deal with, especially for the coast in terms of rain and wind, and maybe even to the interior.
Speaker 4: So a lot of.
Speaker 11: Little things to work out. The next couple of days will be real nice seeing a little cloud this morning, more sun later lo to mid eighties, partial sun tomorrow near eighty, and then I think we're on the eastern fringes of any showers that do happen or thunder showers on Friday, Friday night and Saturday. I know they moved some football games across the state already from Friday night to Thursday night. Not a bad idea, because there is a better chance, although it's not great, of seeing some showers Friday afternoon and Friday evening into Saturday. And then early next week, I think we'll have a chance of seeing that low which may develop off the Carolina's keyword there is may come west in Inland right around the day Tuesday timeframe. Maybe even a better chance of seeing So now the hurricane Center hasn't indicated yet, and I emphasize yet that this is an area to be concerned about yeah, they just did look at that. As of the eight o'clock update here that just came out, They've just circled a yellow area off the coast of the Carolina's along a frontal boundary. There could be subtropical tropical development early next week and seven days. That chance is at twenty percent. So that's new as of right now. That just came in as I refreshed the page that just popped up.
Speaker 1: So well, hold on, hold on called the eight o'clock the eight o'clock update. It's seven forty seven.
Speaker 11: Dude, Yeah, I know that. Sometimes they said about early minutes before the they.
Speaker 1: Got false sacvertising.
Speaker 11: There's a lot of things that are false in the work that I do, so why not the updates in the well listen, that's rated lower stage. Hurrying the truth? Man, what are you going to do? But again, impacts from franccene minimal. You go west a little bit better. I really think the worst will be from about the Georgia Alabama border into central Tennessee in points west and eastern Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi. Heaviest rain three to six inches of rain, strongest wins may get a little breezy here locally just because of the pressure gradient. But uh, I think limited rain. If I said one or two, one being fran scene impacts, two being this new area off the coast, which we'll have a greater impact here potentially. I think it's the latter as we get into next week. So I'm certainly to talk about it. And then I gotta go find with the E B C, the E F the G name storm is if that does get a name. So things are complicated, so.
Speaker 4: She'll be busy.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, you got lots to do, so you n it to that.
Speaker 2: We'll talk in an hour.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, there you go, Rais ed Ajac, your calls and yeah, we got lots more audio coming up here on the CaCO Day radio program. Phone call or two and we will we will roll from here. Randy, real quick.
Speaker 2: What's uthing?
Speaker 10: Hey?
Speaker 9: I was just calling about the debate last night, a little dejected from it because, uh, you know, I'm a Republican and uh you know, I thought maybe, uh we would have been better served to having another person with the Republican Party running for president, but we got Trump, and you know, so I'm going to support Trump because I like his policies and it just seemed a little scripted last night. And to me, to me, Kamal Harris, this is the first time that I've seen her where she seemed to be Chris on every question and every response. Uh, she never got fact checked. Trump got fact checked. And I just I just I just believe that Trump was on the defense the whole night.
Speaker 10: And uh, and she did get under his skin.
Speaker 9: I mean, if I had to have a debate winner and choose one, it would have been Harris last night, just because of no word salads.
Speaker 10: And I'll really believe that she need to lay Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well so, and that's the thing there.
Speaker 1: And I don't think you have to physically know the questions like Donna Brazil gave the questions to Hillary.
Speaker 2: We know that to really kind of have it.
Speaker 1: And thanks for the call to have that advantage because you kind of know where if maybe if the moderators are in your corner, you kind of know what they're going to ask you without really giving you the questions, you know what I'm saying. But she definitely looked crispur and she has and maybe it's that differential that makes people think, yeah, definitely she won because it's an improvement, Jamal, I got a minute and a half, so I'm gonna challenge you.
Speaker 2: The package dealer would go ahead.
Speaker 6: Donald Trump won it the bate hands down last night, and I will tell you why she attempted to get up under his skin. You can see a lot of people were saying on Twitter, all she's doing is trying to make him mad. Only one time he got she got under his skin, and he showed it was when she talked about the crow's eyes. Every time you kept turning around Donald Trump.
Speaker 10: He shut her up with her own line.
Speaker 6: He was like, excuse me, I'm talking.
Speaker 10: They purposely let them go back and forth because they were trying to give her that line to do. Donald Trump took her line David back tour, even though you had ABC trying to set it up so she could. Every time Donald she kept calling Donald Trump every name. He stood right there and just smiled, and he didn't even look hard way that when she was talking. Every time he said something, she would look his way. You can clearly tell that man was what we always wanted. Donald. Don't let him get on your skin.
Speaker 2: As we get things cooking this morning.
Speaker 1: Obviously, the debate last night but there's you know, there's some other stuff going on. It's kind of tied in with one of the topics that was discussed yesterday, obviously with Ohio and Haitian immigrants and cats and dogs and bear lions and bears OMEI and all of that. But again, the reality on the ground is, well, the memes are a thing, and it is inaccurate to say that there have been no reports and then just say it's been debunked, which is a constant strategy that the media will go along with because it's not the case. You can question the credibility of the residents, but you can't say that there's no reports out there because that's just simply not true.
Speaker 2: But it is.
Speaker 1: It is the economic the economics of what's going on, and that is just that is just one example. You're seeing it play out in Chicago and New York and in Colorado, and people are seeing a lot of stuff that they don't like, and they're seeing stuff that makes them very nervous. And you know, some people would tell you that to allow the fact that you have an influx equal to a third of your current population of people within a very short period of time, to question whether that will sap services or perhaps even create a heightened sense of danger. I mean inevitably, it's going to if you have more people on the road, you have more people doing things out and about interacting where you have to cross paths with them every day, it's going to greatly increase your chances.
Speaker 2: I would say greatly, but it will create It will.
Speaker 1: Increase based on the increased population, the chances of something like I don't know, an automobile accident or an assault, like a fight breaking out because there's more people but all so, everyone's a lot more tense. And and and to recognize, realize or bring that up. People would screen that you're a bigot, but you're not. You're dealing with the reality. It doesn't matter if it's Haitian immigrants or when university is out versus when university's in and we're talking about you know, alcohol related stuff crimes. One is going to have a higher propensity than the other. But everything gets pulled into this this. If you say anything, you're a you know, add the word you know. Anything with the word is at the end. And and and that is that is.
Speaker 2: An intent not to discuss the issue.
Speaker 1: They don't want to discuss because they realize that if you actually sat down and had a very numbers driven discussion about this stuff, you would find out they would they know that you would find out that it's undeniable, that it has created problems, and then they have to justify it.
Speaker 2: Like you can want what you want.
Speaker 1: And we've all looked, we've all made decisions about things in our life where we wanted to do something and we had to weigh the pros and the cons and because not everything's one hundred percent pro But you want to go on this, Uh, you want to go on this vacation. Okay, you want to go out. There's this dream, but you want to you want to take the family to Disney, which is going to cost you what is it currently one hundred and fifty thousand dollars or something.
Speaker 2: It's crazy, right, it's a it's a the amount of mine.
Speaker 1: I am single, and I have the luxury of it's a lot cheaper for me to vacation because it's just me. Uh, or you know, I go on, We'll go on to like a guy's golf trip or something like that. And I have more I have more spending power because I don't have that and even looking at what families pay to go to Disney is insane to me. But if you want to do that, go do your thing and enjoy yourself. And you're doing it because you want to watch your kids as ecstatic as like. I get that, but you recognize there's.
Speaker 2: A trade off.
Speaker 1: If we're going to do a Disney trip this year, you're not going to do this or that or this other. You're not going to be able to buy this or upgrade that, or maybe we won't replace that car for you know, a couple of years. We people make those trade offs every day, and we're adult enough that we can we can identify in our head that there will be some negative impact, but we're still going to go ahead and do it. And then we justify it, and we justify it in whatever way we want, and we go about it. And that's what a politician has to do with a policy. If you in his purest form, if a politician wants to do something, and if that thing is we need to be the compassionate ones in the world, and anyone who shows up there, let's go ahead and we'll run them through this program that we just kind of created out a whole cloth right where we kind of changed how the whole thing's supposed to work. You know, you have to presented a port of entry. We don't even do that. We're literally flying people in, flying people in. That's that's if you want to do that, you're gonna have to explain and justify it. And the way that they shut that down is they go, I can't believe you question this thing. You racist or you big it. And that's where we go. And then amazing things start to happen. Do you know the story One of the stories that's associated with all of this is the death.
Speaker 2: Of a young man named Aiden Clark.
Speaker 1: And Aiden Clark uh Aiden Clark eleven, Make sure I have this?
Speaker 2: Have this correct? Yeah, he's eleven years old. Yeah, there we go.
Speaker 1: So Aiden Clark was a student in in uh In, Ohio where we're talking about, and he's just honest. He's on a school bus doing what kids do, right, going to school and right, you know, jacking around with his friends and chatting about what they're gonna do after school, just kids stuff. When all of a sudden, their bus is slammed into by a mini van that is being driven by a man by the name of Armanio a Yosef Ermanio Josef who is actually a Haitian immigrant, even though that sounds like a very Latin name, and is killed. In fact, the bus, the bus is flipped, this eleven year old is ejected.
Speaker 2: There were fifty.
Speaker 1: Two students on board, twenty were injured, and this eleven year old Aiden Clark was killed. Joseph did not have a driver's license, and at the time he actually presented police with what looked to be a Mexican driver's license. I don't know if that was legit or not, but whatever it was, it was not legal because you can come from Mexico and drive in the US with a Mexico license, just like you and I can go to another country and drive over there. In a lot of instances, I've driven in probably seven or eight countries. I don't drive if I don't have to, but some like Ireland, you're gonna want to drive because the bust thing is just, oh, it's a whole thing. I've driven, I've driven in multiple other countries and that's how it works, and that's fine. But whatever he presented wasn't up to snuff, and they just went through a trial and.
Speaker 2: He had deviated from his lane. There was there was. I believe he said that the son was in his eyes.
Speaker 1: But when they did the reconstruction and figured out where the sun was, I don't know that they necessarily believed him. The jury didn't believe them, and they adjudicated that case. And what was crazy is the father of the eleven year old. I guess the wife is standing there, held a press conference, and.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I'll tell you what.
Speaker 1: When we do stories where somebody's killed, generally it's in a much more egregious manner where I really this stuff really sticks with me, like the strength that it takes or a family to say I forgive you at a sentencing for somebody who murdered their loved one. I don't know that I possess that grace. I'll tell you, I don't know if I could ever be that person. And if you are that person, God bless you. Because also I understand that's about helping you move on. And so I understand to the extent that I can that it's going to be very emotional watching any of the discussion, any of the proceedings, the things that happen in and around you when you are the family of the victim. It's why when we get into a lot of like the you know, the riotous behavior that you're after a police interaction where you know, hands up, don't shoot, right, I still don't come out and really get in on the parents because I understand that they're not for the most part, they're being driven by emotion. And I can understand that I did not expect, though, what I heard yesterday by the father of Aiden Clark. I'm gonna play this audio for you, and uh while I'll tell you which I think.
Speaker 9: Here.
Speaker 2: Here is the audio.
Speaker 14: My son Aiden Clark was killed by a sixty year old white man.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna replay this first part. I just want to make sure that you can hear it the very firstly. I listened to what he says.
Speaker 14: Listened, my son, Aiden Clark was killed by a sixty year old white man. But I bet you never thought anyone would ever say something so blunt. But if that guy killed my eleven year old son, the incessant group of hates viewing people would leave us alone. The last thing that we need is to have the worst day of our lives violently and constantly shoved in our faces. But even that's not good enough for them. They take it one step further. They make it seem as though our wonderful Aiden appreciates your hate, that we should follow their hate, and look what you've done to us. We have to get up here and beg them to stop using Aiden as a political tool is to say the least reprehensible for any political purpose. Speaking of Morley, bankrupt politicians Bernie Moreno, Chip Roy jd Vance, and Donald Trump. They've spoke in my son's name and use his death for political gain. This needs to.
Speaker 2: Stop now, all right. So look, here's the deal.
Speaker 1: I get the part where because there is there's a bigger discussion that your son is a part of.
Speaker 10: That.
Speaker 1: Having that, having to see it in the news cycle every day, I understand why why.
Speaker 2: People wouldn't want that.
Speaker 1: But to decide that the folks who are bringing it up are all doing it purely for political reasons without recognizing that a lot of people who see this case and they see what happened, the thought that permeates their mother.
Speaker 2: There's two thoughts that they think about. One is.
Speaker 1: I have kids or I have you know, I drive that road or I live in this community and this thing happened, and then the couple that thought with had they've never decided that they were just going to start, you know, moving all of these folks. And some of it was the government moved them, and then others was people heard that a lot of Haitians were moving here and there was possibly jobs, and so they themselves self relocated.
Speaker 2: So it's a little bit of both. You would look at.
Speaker 1: That and you would think, not only do I have family or friends or loved ones or I myself or am in this area, but also if that program wasn't going on, mathematically, this likely wouldn't have happened, right because the person, the individual just wouldn't have been there. And the individual is it forget where they come from. They're driving around with no driver's license. Another thing that wouldn't have happened had that individual not been given the opportunity to come to that community.
Speaker 2: That's not a political football.
Speaker 1: That's people looking at what's going on around them and processing it through their own thoughts. But I, and and and people could say this guy, this guy should be angry.
Speaker 2: I you can say that again.
Speaker 1: I don't know how they're going to deal with it, but I'm flabbergasted. If there's not a political reason why, he's why he even said that, because it now it's now again in the news cycle. Go google Aiden Clark, and if you do and click the news tab, there's one hundred new two stories about the thing he said. So if you're trying to not have it in the news cycle, you just created another news cycle. And that's where we find ourselves. All right, let me get back to the debate. I had mentioned obviously that you know, she had Gomblain had hit all of the attack points, with the exception of Charlottesville.
Speaker 2: But fear not, we will get there.
Speaker 8: Let's remember, well, hold on, let's remember Charlottesville, where there was a mob of people carrying tiki torches spewing anti Semitic hate. And what did the president then at the time say, there were fine people on each side.
Speaker 1: Rosser, you let you clipped off again, you clipped off the ABC News correction here or explainer if there was none. Obviously there was none. So again, she hit all of the high points, the big talking points, and I was worried she was going to leave it out.
Speaker 2: Of course she did not.
Speaker 8: Donald Trump left us.
Speaker 2: Oh, and then January.
Speaker 8: Sixth, Donald Trump left us the worst attack on our democracy since the Civil War. Huh, we're Donald Trump left us the worst attack on our democracy.
Speaker 2: Okay, January sixth, Okay, all right, all right, all right.
Speaker 1: So the span here is, you know what happened here three years ago since the Civil War to what happened in the eighteen seventies. So nothing happened in between the eighteen seventies and a few years ago. Look at your calendar today, go look at it right now.
Speaker 8: Let's turn the page on this. Let's not go back. Let's chart a course for the future and not go backwards to the past.
Speaker 7: Let me just follow up here.
Speaker 4: It was a different term, and it was a term that related to energy, because they have destroyed our energy business. That was where bloodbath was also on Charlottesville. That story has been, as you would say, debunked. Laura Ingram, Sean Hannityes, all of these people, they covered it. If they go an extra sentence, they will see it was perfect. It was debunked in almost every newspaper. But they still bring it up, just like they bring twenty twenty five up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he's right, He's absolutely right. And the reason that they keep here's how you do. Here's how they wouldn't keep bringing it up. They would get their handslap, you know, metaphorically when they brought it up, and they would get their handslap because they're in an environment where the hosts of the environment, the moderators have shown a willingness to correct or add context where they think appropriate. And again the bloodbath thing, the January sixth, or more so the Charlottesville thing, they didn't do it all right. More audio, A lot of Trump stuff coming up. Hang on, sure get your ticket for our Bourbon Bourbon sample and taste in event tomorrow. We had some really good stuff and it's happening in the Triangle. Triad did theirs last night. We had fun with that, and I'm just excited I get to do it twice in a week.
Speaker 2: I like bourbon.
Speaker 4: Boy.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna lie especially. I like you unique ones so and I know a lot of you do too, because I've seen you in the ABC store stock in the aisles as I do. Like you're gonna find some magical thing hidden behind another thing. A lot of times I have it behind the counter. You can ask or well, you know what, I can't give up my secrets. I've got a couple other ways, but one of the easiest ways to get a hold of some stuff maybe you haven't tried, is to come to our event tomorrow night. Details and you know, you get your tickets online late. You have tweeted out if you just scroll down, I think it's like two or three tweets deep at Casey on the radio, or if you get to one o six one FM talk dot com scroll down on the left side, you'll see in the third column a blue logo, and that is for the for the event. Seward's glass is what it's called Bourbon Experience. So do it, do it. I'll be there I Boston. Paul's coming, so get there early before all the bourbon's gone. Now we'll have enough. Well we'll keep him at bay. But yeah, don't miss this event and we'll have a grand old time. Okay, all right, let me grab a call and then back to audio Bob.
Speaker 4: What's up Hika here?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can hear you, sir.
Speaker 15: See did you hear me?
Speaker 10: Yep?
Speaker 15: Okay, I'll tell you ros and I miss lady.
Speaker 1: Feld Now I can't hear you, sir. Now you're now your phone's chopping out. So okay, well, nope, it's chopping. I'm gonna put you back on hold and we'll just give you a little We'll giving you just a couple of minutes to stew sir. I'm gonna play some audio and then we'll come back. You're probably just in a dead spot. You're probably I don't know why it is, but yesterday I found the sweetest spot of me not having service, but on Eastchester for some reason, Uh, in high Point. We need another tower, if only to appease me when I'm when I'm over in the triad. All right, So back to this, I tell you there was one there was one other line that I really cut up over and that Trump throughout, and it had to do with it.
Speaker 4: Now you have millions of people dead, and it's only getting worse, and it could lead to World War three. Don't kid yourself, David. We're playing with world War three, and we have a president that we don't even know if he's where is our president? We don't even know if he's a president, and just a clarify threw him out of a campaign like a dog. We don't even know is he a president. But we have a president that doesn't know he's alive.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, it's just such a weird comp we have a president that doesn't know he's alive. Well then how would but how but how would you have conscious thought if you were to? I don't, but I laughed because a little bit of child a little childish that's okay, that's okay. But that's not the one that set me off the most. She was shortly thereafter. And remember this was this was the cross talk moment that we were all discussing when it came to Kamala Harris, because she had used it effectively in previous speeches, and that is to do the how dare you interrupt a woman talking?
Speaker 2: Thing? But she didn't get to.
Speaker 4: Because this policies like she was big on defund the police in Minnesota. She went out, I'm talking now, if you don't mind, please, does that sound familiar?
Speaker 10: Now?
Speaker 1: Ross, do you think that's too childish of him to hit or do you think that that was an appropriate way to deflect what he knew was coming.
Speaker 2: That's the debate I saw yesterday.
Speaker 5: I mean she was waiting to do it, so yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because I saw people go, oh, that was just low of him, And I'm like she was going to do it to him at some point, like if everyone knew it was going to happen, And arguably that's the most effective way to deflect it.
Speaker 5: I think it would. If I had the nitpick, I would say it's like I probably wouldn't have added that does that sound familiar, dude?
Speaker 2: That's the part. I think.
Speaker 1: That's the part I think shows that they knew.
Speaker 2: He's saying, I know you were going to do this.
Speaker 5: To me, like if you're gonna I'm just saying like from from the way it translates, you could say that part of it sounds a little like you're talking down, yeah, Whereas I think it comes down to it's like, you know, I think I think it would have had more power if he just said the first part.
Speaker 1: But I think I agree with you based on who's hearing it. I think if somebody's hearing it who is fully re in on why he's saying it, right, then his version is the right version. But if you're just watching and you don't know that, then yeah, I think it may be come across.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I'll split the baby here.
Speaker 1: All right, all Right, we're gonna try Bob again, all right, Rock and roll, Bob, all right, fire, start talking, sergo right ahead.
Speaker 2: You sound a lot better.
Speaker 15: Okay, let's try this again. It was just a friend of mine Springfield, Ohio sent me a copy of a nine one one report and made it August twenty sixth, and it has to do with two males, two females, all Haitian, stealing four keeth.
Speaker 4: And then amazing that you.
Speaker 15: Had Eric driving a newer Toyota and they didn't get a picture of the license plate or anything, so they pretty much dropped it.
Speaker 1: So yeah, and again they they indicated that while there may be a nine to one to one log of this, they don't handle reports of lost pets. That's why when you just say, oh, it's been debunked because the city manager said it's debunked, you have to then weigh the credibility the city manager, and you should present and thanks for the caller, Bob to your audience as such, be like, look, this is what the city manager says, but here's what a call log says. And it used to be journalistic. And you know, I don't want to say integrity because you almost can't use that damn word anymore, but intellectual curiosity among journalists would have picked up on that. When I was writing news stories, I would have presented it that way. In fact, I still remember the name of the city manager, the main city manager that I dealt with.
Speaker 2: His name was Eric Sorenson.
Speaker 1: Eric Sorenson was He was a decidedly liberal dude, but he was reasonable to deal with, and so there were many instances though where I felt that he was he was definitely spinning stuff, and I wrote stories about here's what the city manager said, and here's what this person said, and then I would leave it up to my audience to base their credibility on it and provide the many facts that I could, because that's how I understood it was supposed to work. And apparently I was wrong, and that's why I never made it on the news side. And I have to do this want wat but I get to drink bourbon twice in.
Speaker 2: A week and he does different. Well, hold on sorry, wrong button. So then it was on too.
Speaker 1: What is one of the things I think most people thought that Trump should have spent a lot of time on. And I understand he's at the women the moderator, but that was the Afghan withdraw. Remember they just had this big scandal over there at Arlington, which you want to talk about debunked, look it up. Permissions were given, Hypocrisy was rampant. You had John McCain's son who's out whining about it, even though his dad filmed a literal section sixty a campaign ad and they always got thumbs up. And I'm like, yeah, so to the gold Star families. The talking point though, is Trump was invited there. It wasn't his event, and Kamala and Biden were invited, and Biden was in Delaware. Shockingly, Kamala was at the VP residence at Naval Observatory and she didn't show up. They I don't know that they even said no. I think that she just didn't show up. Now, to be fair, driving four miles in DC traffic is pain, I.
Speaker 2: Agree, but you kind of you get to drive, you get.
Speaker 1: A little motorcate thing going on, show up, and you know why they didn't show.
Speaker 4: Up because the Taliban was doing the killing. That's the fighting for.
Speaker 2: You, all right.
Speaker 1: So this part of it, it was a little deeper, and basically she was criticizing him because he negotiated with the Taliban instead of the transition Afghan government the reason.
Speaker 2: Obviously he'll explain it. He'll explain one of the reasons.
Speaker 1: But one of the reasons is, for all practical purposes, the transitionary Government Afghanistan wasn't the one running Afghanistan. You know, that's like negotiating with one of these uh That's like negotiating with a exiled leader who's living in another country because it's been taken over by coup and thinking that you're accomplishing negotiations with that country for all practical purposes.
Speaker 2: That's what the Taliban had done.
Speaker 4: Because the Taliban was doing the killing. That's the fighting force within Afghanistan. They don't bother doing that because you know, they deal with the wrong people all the time. But I got involved, and Abdul is the head of the Taliban. He is still the head of the Taliban, and I told Abdul, don't do it anymore. You do it anymore, you're gonna have problems. And he said, why do you send me a picture of my house? I said, you're going to have to figure that out, Abduel. And for eighteen months we had nobody killed. We did have an agreement negotiated by Mike Pompeo was a very good agreement. The reason it was good it was we were getting out. We would have been out faster than them, but we wouldn't have lost the soldiers, we wouldn't have left many Americans behind, and we wouldn't have left we wouldn't have left eighty five billion dollars worth of brand new, beautiful military equipment behind. And just to finish, they blew it. The agreement said you have to do this, this, and they didn't do it. They didn't do it. The agreement was terminated by us because they didn't do what they were supposed to do. And these people did the I'm sure you do with the draw and in my opinion, the most embarrassing moment in the history of our country. And by the way, that's why Russia attacked Ukraine because they saw how incompetent she and her boss are.
Speaker 1: All right, so speculation on their correction, and the most embarrassing moment in America would be the embrace of crocs and but more importantly, all right, tongue in cheek. But more importantly, that's one of the strongest points that Trump has, because it is indisputable that for eighteen months US soldiers didn't get into engagements that resulted in US casualties with Taliban. There was some stuff but was very minor, was very spotty. That's not a coincidence. And I and that's exactly why ABC wants to move on. But we're gonna move on real quick. To the weather with Ray stagic so he can scare any of you planning to go to Louisiana today, so don't.
Speaker 11: Yeah, Louisiana looks like close to the Louisiana close to Morgan City, west to New Orleans is where the center will come on shore later today of France. Scene could be a cat to storm right now. Cat one with ninety mile per hour winds impacts here. A guy that's trying to say it throws some fringe moisture into the form of showers Friday night Saturday through the region. Best chance to the west, but for the most part limited sunshine, trying to get through something high level overcast here this morning, low to mid eighties this afternoon, and probably more sun as I'm seeing more clearing west of US Marshall sun tomorrow upper seventies, low eighties, and that chance of showers with upper seventies on Friday and an east breeze, and that shower threat continues into the weekend for Friday night and Saturday, maybe even a thunderstorm, especially further west you go. The heaviest rain is going to be out across parts of Alabama and at the Mississippi and Louisiana and working north in Arkansas, central and western Tennessee. If you're traveling in the next couple of days. Now there is a second area of low pressure or another one now that Hurricane Center does have highlighted off the Carolina coast next week that could develop into a subtropical or tropical load. That one right now looks to bring maybe a better chance of some rain in here, maybe sometime Tuesday into Wednesday. So that would be something that we'll get to talk about as we get through the coming days and next week. But right now does look like most of the impacts, if not all of them from Francine stay to the west of US, and then we'll watch that second system off the coast that could impact there.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you, sir, appreciate it. With schat tomorrow and Jeff Bellinger's next hang.
Speaker 16: On, Actually, Casey, the big story is the inflation data just came out at eight thirty this morning. The headline consumer Price Index was up two tens percent last month. That was in line with expectations, but the core CPI, which excludes volatile energy and food prices, rose three tenths percent. It was a bigger than expected gain the year over year increase, and the core was three point two percent. All of this will feed into the Federal Reserves interest rate decision one week from today, and it likely lessens the chances of a half point interest rate reduction. A quarter point is still widely expected. So right now, the futures are lower across the board. S and P futures are down fifteen, Nasdaq futures are down thirty one, and the Dow futures down one hundred and ninety three points this hour.
Speaker 1: Casey, all right, no debate tomorrow, so we'll try to be better. Okay, okay, sounds going to talk to Yeah, Thank goodness for all of our sanity. Jeff Bellinger there from Bloomberg News. I just want to play. I want to finish the Afghanistan section. I'm not going to get to the closing statements, but because I think it's important, I think that.
Speaker 2: That eighteen I think that eighteen month thing is a.
Speaker 1: Big deal, and however you want to slice it, for whatever reason, that is an anomaly with everything that we had done with the Taliban, and you're going to be hard pressed to convince me that it wasn't because even if they thought that Trump was insane and would nuke them, I don't care when as it pertains to the Taliban, whatever they got to get through their uh through their little throwback runt heads to stop shooting at our true I'm okay with so throwing that number out there, I think is good, and the continuation of it I also think is good because it forced Kamla to answer the question, let's play the rest of the Trump I'm.
Speaker 4: A different kind of a person. I fired most of those people, not so.
Speaker 2: Great generals and cabinet members or a bad job.
Speaker 4: I fired them. They never fired one person. They didn't fire anybody having to do with Afghanistan and the Taliban and the thirteen people who's who's were just killed viciously and violently killed, and I got to know the parents and the family. They didn't fire. They should have fired all those generals, all those top people, because that was one of the most incompetently handled situations anybody has ever seen. So when somebody he does a badge up, I fire him.
Speaker 1: All right, And you know what, maybe you don't fire every single general. But here's the deal. It's not about that, just that individual incident. It's about accountability. And that is something that has come to our attention in so many different ways, from Lois Learner not anything happening to her, Peter Struck and his girlfriend getting paid a million and a half dollars because their tweets got out there or their texts got out there, to the Secret Service stuff.
Speaker 2: It stacks up.
Speaker 1: And every time people look at it and go, man, if I screwed up that bad at work, you think the guy who just down in Atlanta, who made a jet drive under another jet yesterday on the taxiway, ripping the tail off, you think that person's not going to have some repercussions.
Speaker 2: They tried to do it.
Speaker 1: They tried to do what our state auditor did with jets, but it forced Kamala to answer this question.
Speaker 2: And I think this is an important thing.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you.
Speaker 8: I agreed with President Biden's decision to pull out of Afghanistan. For presidents said they would, and Joe Biden did.
Speaker 1: That was what asked if she has any regrets about it. It's a semi non answer, but it's still an answer, and it's not a good one. She has to be willing to and they've already shown that they are. To throw them under the bus a little here because normal people think that that was screwed up.