Speaker 1: And off.
Speaker 2: Ripped off news.
Speaker 3: So you don't have.
Speaker 2: Come running suspass as we can.
Speaker 4: Shooter's gonna help coming man.
Speaker 5: This is the Troubleshooter Show. No, Tom Martinez, welcome, Welcome to the only show but Scott. We're here to solve problems, answer questions, take complaints. Our goals to make your life just a little bit better. If you've been ripped off or taken advantage of I'd love to talk to you.
Speaker 6: I would love to help you.
Speaker 5: Maybe a bad ladlord, maybe a bad attorney for that matter. Contractors. Of course, we hear about a lot of roofers this time of year, after big hailstorms. But if you have a problem or just a question, this show is for you. I got three lines open three oh three seven one three eight two five five three zero three Martino, Now I got to pull up my call screener. Suzanne, you might have to No, it looks like I got it here bingo three oh three seven one three eight two five five. By the way, Joe Keano joins me my moneymway dot Com. We're gonna dive into some of his products. He basically has different products. One, of course, are annuity products and we'll talk about good annuities, bad annuities, and what makes one good and what makes one bad. They also have the become the Banker product, which is very curious.
Speaker 6: It's basically a.
Speaker 5: Way to build retirement back by a life insurance policy. And his own son, Jordan, actually used that growing up, which I find pretty cool, and that's something you might consider for your kids or grandkids. It's a good way to start thinking about retirement when someone in their twenties or even younger never does. I mean, it's pretty it's pretty amazing. Three zero three seven one three eight two five five. Deputy Doc joins me. Suzanne, my beautiful wife to the left, and then of course Joe across from me. Kelly answering your phones, and I assume we have Shannon back there running the board. Hey Mike, what's going on with you? What's going on with Verizon?
Speaker 7: Well, towards the end of last month, my girlfriend and I went into Verizon to switch her from T Mobile to my account on Verizon. Okay, I have been a customer of theirs since cell phones became a thing, and as you might expect, their new estimated bill is not what I'm being built and I'm wondering if you have an angel at Verizon.
Speaker 5: Well, we do have an angel, but help me out with what you actually thought.
Speaker 6: So you were going to add a phone to it.
Speaker 5: I assume she's bringing over her own phone.
Speaker 7: She was, but I was available for upgrade, so we upgraded her phone to the free one that was available.
Speaker 5: All right, So you got to end up Well, when you say it's free, it's generally based on credits, right, or are they giving you one hundred percent free phone? Because typically they never do that. Typically they you know, it's one thousand dollars phone, they charge you to say fifty bucks a month, but then they give you a credit of say forty five bucks a month or fifty bucks a month towards the phone for X amount of years. So eventually after two or three years it's free.
Speaker 7: I was available for an upgrade, so there was no charge for this phone.
Speaker 5: Okay, So did they end up charging you? What's the actual problem? How much did you think it was going to be? Maybe we should start there.
Speaker 7: Okay, So I have a document from our in store visit that says our new monthly bill will be one hundred and fifteen dollars and fifty sixty one six.
Speaker 5: And how much was it prior to that?
Speaker 7: Twenty dollars? If we signed up for auto.
Speaker 5: Pay, how much was it prior to that? And how much was just your phone on there?
Speaker 7: About sixty eight dollars?
Speaker 5: Okay, so it was going to go down a little per line. So it was going to be about one hundred and fifteen according to this paper. So when you got the first bill, what's the discrepancy? What's different about it?
Speaker 7: Well, the first bill is all always higher because we added her phone and there's some BSPs on there. Of course, the new current monthly bill, according to the Verizon app, is estimated at right at one hundred and thirty dollars instead of the ninety five sixty one that I have in writing.
Speaker 8: So you don't think go ahead, Susan, I thought you said with the in store visit said your your estimated future bill would be one fifteen sixty one?
Speaker 2: Did I misunderstand?
Speaker 7: No, that's correct. But if we signed up for autopay, they'll take twenty dollars a month off.
Speaker 5: Oh that's pretty good. You're sure it's twenty bucks a month for autobi doesn't make sense.
Speaker 7: That's what she told me, Okay, what i'ven't written down.
Speaker 5: Is that where the discrepancy is going to lie? Is that twenty bucks? No, the discrepancy is Hey, I realized the first pill was one sixty. Have you received a second bill?
Speaker 7: No? But it's on the Rizon app and it shows that at right at one hundred and thirty dollars instead of the ninety five sixty one that I have in writing.
Speaker 5: Well, now you're even more confusing. You mean, so after that twenty dollars, it's one fifteen down to ninety five. And when you say have that in writing, what does that mean? It's in writing from who?
Speaker 7: From Verizon? It's a document we received when we signed her up and added her to my account.
Speaker 5: And the document, once again though, is from where, like from their website? Where is it from?
Speaker 7: No, it was printed out by the customer service person that helped us in the store.
Speaker 6: In what store?
Speaker 5: Was it actually owned by Verizon or was it one of these stores that basically is individually owned.
Speaker 7: No, it's a Verizon store in Belmar.
Speaker 6: What is the address of that store?
Speaker 9: Ares?
Speaker 5: Is it the only one in Belmar? That's pretty small area.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's the only one in Belmar.
Speaker 5: And I'm actually looking it up. So they gave you something in writing saying your new bill is going to be ninety five bucks. So when you call Verizon, what do they say?
Speaker 7: Well, that's another thing. Because I had a problem with my account. I needed to reset it and they screwed up the autopay. So two weekends ago, I was on hold for three and a half hours.
Speaker 5: Hey, would that be Lakewood one eight supervisor? Would that be the Lakewood Verizon store?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 5: Okay, keep going. What were you saying? So they screwed the they screwed up the auto pay.
Speaker 6: So what happened?
Speaker 7: So I was on hold for three and a half hours waiting to get to a supervisor. We got all that straightened out. The bill was paid on June second through auto pay. Okay, but uh, I don't dare call Verizon. They're eight hundred number again. If anything, I was going to go into the Belmar store, but I was hoping you had an angel that can get this sorted out.
Speaker 5: Yet, Well, we might have an angel if there's something to sort out. I mean, we definitely have an angel, don't Well yeah.
Speaker 8: But I personally Mark, I think he needs to address the store folks.
Speaker 2: First, and then let us SNI.
Speaker 5: I don't want to see what you can you send us what you have in writing during the break. Yes, I want you to do that. I want to actually look at that, send it to help send it like right now, to help the troubleshooter dot com. I'll take my first break. I'll look at it as soon as I do these spots. But I want to see it. But yes, we do have an angel over there. But we got to understand what the hell we're asking them. I don't I don't get why they told you ninety five bucks. I understand there was a problem with that. Are they possibly going to give you a credit? And then what kind of phone was one hundred percent free?
Speaker 7: A Google Pixel nine pro?
Speaker 5: Okay, and that is one hundred percent free. It's not any form of credits you get over a two year period period. No, all right, get me that email. Hold on, I'm gonna get you on all three oh three seven, one three eight two five five one line open. You know what's funny, Joe, I have learned this, Suzanne. I have learned this. If you have been with a cable company, a cell phone company, a utility company, which generally doesn't matter. There's no loyalty. They don't care. This guy has been with Verizon, he said, you know, since cell phones were a thing, so he might have been with Verizon for the last what twenty five thirty years. They don't care. You call up, they don't care. I remember trying to deal with Dish Network. I remember trying to deal with Direct TV. None of these companies care. How many times did we have problems with like Sprint. I mean, it's just constant.
Speaker 10: See.
Speaker 8: The other one that's really bad is personally serious XM serious.
Speaker 5: XM's horrible. They have you sign up, everything expires in a year. It'll go from ten dollars a month to five hundred dollars for the year. So then you got to call him up, you got to threaten to cancel. They lower it back down. It's like a big game. And there's probably a lot of people that simply don't follow their auto bills. And I'm lucky Suzanne follows all that stuff. Think of all the things you've been charged for on a credit card that's reoccurring, cell phone bills, different apps, different television things. My god, they just lied to you about costs.
Speaker 6: Sometimes we've actually.
Speaker 5: Seen contracts from Verizon, and I'm venting a little here in general, not just did Verizon, but contracts from Verizon. They're basically saying, you know, you're not Your price will not increase ever for a lifetime. They're not going to increase. But then you read the next paragraph, they're just talking about the base rate. The fees can change. Everything else can change, so yes, the price can change. I'm getting a little sick and tire of it. Hold on, I have one line open that guy had to drop off. You did send me the Verizon paperwork, and you know it says one point fifteen, there's no doubt, but in handwritten, not here handwritten, it says twenty dollars auto pay just next to it, So I don't understand where he's coming up. Then when I look up his Verizon offer twenty dollars for auto pay, I do see that on some things they offer up to ten dollars per line. He has two lines, so that would be twenty dollars. And I also find information saying no, they don't offer twenty dollars off. And what's weird is it looks like he wrote that. And the reason I say he wrote it to handwriting matches some of the stuff on the top, which I assume he wrote Suzanne. I mean, there's no there's no harm in sending it over to the angel and just asking him. This guy thought he was supposed to get make sure they get this, he thought his new bill, And according to this right from their own store, the new bill does say it's going to be one hundred and fifteen bucks. I realized that first month has activation fees and all that. I don't care about that. They always screw you on that stuff. So send it over and then basically ask her does he qualify for that twenty dollars? And if so, how come his bill is not ninety five bucks going forward? Because even this says it's one fifteen. To me, it looks like the only thing they didn't do. Now, I wonder if you're not allowed to stack discounts. Do you know why I say that.
Speaker 8: Because he has the discount for being a first.
Speaker 5: Respond first respond I wonder if they're gonna say, hey, you can only have one discount in the first responder discount is twenty five. But let's ask him, let's just kind of figure out what that is. And it looks like he did get that iPhone eleven for zero, but it's an iPhone eleven. That's why it's a free phone. But I would I'd like to understand why they told him that twenty bucks. Maybe they didn't know in the store you can't stack discounts.
Speaker 6: But we'll find out.
Speaker 5: One line open three zero three seven, one three eight two five five real quick, Chris, you had a comment on this Verizon and bill go ahead.
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, just recently, I actually did the same exact thing out of the line on my account and had a phone along with it. And what was explained to me in the store, and what I experienced myself was that the first bill that you get after you do all that is higher because of like activation, it is stuff like that. And then the second bill that you get after that is actually significantly lower because it's like pro rating you a couple of things that if depending on when you started, I would agree with that, right. And then the third bill after that, which in Mike is like the one there, it's all leveled out. That's where you're that's going to be your price going forward, and.
Speaker 5: You know what, maybe that's it, but his is actually really looking at the paperwork from Verizon. His next bill after he added the phone and the activation fee and all that crap, is one hundred and seventy nine dollars. Then it says the new monthly under that will be one fifteen sixty one. And I'm not even sure if that's what he said it was, but it definitely doesn't reflect the auto pay discount that's handwritten on there. Do you have auto pay? Did they give you ten bucks off per line for auto pay?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 13: They gave me ten bucks off per line for auto pay, So like I experienced that as well, And I can't really speak to what this guy's experiencing.
Speaker 11: I just know I had a similar situation just recently, and that's.
Speaker 13: Kind of what I experienced, So I really get it.
Speaker 5: I get so burned on these companies lately. I mean, it doesn't matter which one it is. Verizon seems to be a little worse than AT and T, but God, they're so hard to deal with. If you ever try to talk to someone and try to figure out and understand what the bill is, it's like they speak in tongues. And then what really gets me is when they say they're going to correct something and give you a credit and you just never see it. Then you got to call back in and start all over again. We've all dealt with that, Yep.
Speaker 11: I'd say it's you know six to one half dozen or the other who you deal with. It's it's just gonna be what it's gonna be.
Speaker 5: It's gonna be what it is. Yeah, we're gonna find out. Man, we're gonna send it off to the angel I'll update people. Are they pretty quick over there, Susanne?
Speaker 8: I'm emailing new people. They helped out with one problem. So remember the straight Talk problem. He bought like a Verizon phone after ninety days was going to be unlocked.
Speaker 5: Oh, they never unlocked it.
Speaker 2: And they never unlocked it like they had met.
Speaker 5: Here's a great example what Suzanne just said. So here's the company straight Talk, which is owned by Verizon.
Speaker 6: They basically said, you'll buy this.
Speaker 5: Phone and we unlock it in thirty days, no questions asked. But in that contract it literally said something in that agreement we can change our terms at any time. And they decided to change it, and now they won't let them unlock the phone.
Speaker 2: What happened with that, Oh it got unlocked.
Speaker 5: So basically good week.
Speaker 2: But I'm saying, Yeah, I'm just new to deal with these folks.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they're new. Or who's the easiest angel we have? Isn't a home depot? Pretty good?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 2: No, I don't.
Speaker 5: I've seen them. I've seen them get show up the same day.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they're they're great, especially for we had a person who didn't have heat, like the day before Christmas Eve and it was going to be three or four days.
Speaker 2: They got out there like.
Speaker 5: Whatever it was. Yeah, And so there's good angels. It's nice to have an angel. So I don't want to pooh pooh anybody that helps us. But some of them.
Speaker 6: Just take forever.
Speaker 5: And then there's some that will not communicate directly with us, but they will get the job done, but we we don't even know it's done until we hear back from the car.
Speaker 2: That happens a lot.
Speaker 5: He's a big one that does that, or a lot of them.
Speaker 8: Uh that escapes me right off the top of my head. But yeah, a lot of like the State of Colorado or something.
Speaker 5: Yea, they just won't.
Speaker 2: Talk toledge social security. Then that's it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, and they generally follow through and get back with them. Just we'll usually hear back from the caller. All right, three O three seven one three eight two five five Barbara, you can free up line three there. Hey, Barbara, what's going on with you? In relaxing?
Speaker 14: Years ago? And what was before my husband died? In twenty three I ordered some relaxium from the TV.
Speaker 5: Well, it's time like Fox News all the time, isn't it? Excuse me, it's on Fox News all the time? Sold on there by? Isn't that sold by Mike Hucklebee?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 14: Yeah, Well, to make a long story short, it didn't work. And but this spring I get six bottles of relaxium to the tune of two hundred dollars.
Speaker 5: Why is it some kind of uh, it's some kind of monthly or bi monthly or what is it?
Speaker 6: What are they telling you?
Speaker 2: You signed up for perpetuity July.
Speaker 14: It was nineteen ninety five, But they bailed me two hundred for six bottles and I couldn't get rid of them anyhow. After how many years they send it to me again, But I had lost the original credit card and which USAA got a new credit card. Well, now it's back on my bill and they are using my new credit card number and USAA says, is a way that they can get it. Yeah, they all do that now and that I owe it.
Speaker 5: Well, that's what I want to try to figure out. So you did sign up for a subscription, and basically it says right here, subscription or renew every ninety days from data purchase until cancelation. So did you ever go online and actually cancel it? Let's talk about that first.
Speaker 14: Well, I never canceled. I mean, and I said this originally the first order. Yeah, must have been maybe in two thousand, yeah, for whatever. So here we are at two thousand and five and I get an order.
Speaker 5: Well, wait a minute, you're saying you didn't receive any in the last four plus years. That's right, Well that sounds weird as hell. Are you sure they didn't charge you but you never got the product? Like either someone stole it or it went to the wrong house. I mean, do you know you were never charged for the last four years? And now all of a sudden you are.
Speaker 10: No.
Speaker 14: I didn't know that. I mean I just figured that. I.
Speaker 5: Well, hold on, here's what I'm asking you, Barbara. Are you sure your credit card or your husband's or somebody's was not charged those years?
Speaker 6: I am sure it was not.
Speaker 5: Then all of a sudden, now you get charged for it. Correct, I understand so real quick. On the new credit card, Pard, your old one must have been USAA as well, right, correct? Yeah. So a lot of these companies, when you you have a reoccurring bill and you have a credit card that's actually either changed, meaning a new number or a new three digit security code or four digit on AMX or or.
Speaker 6: This is a crazy part.
Speaker 5: If you report fraud on that and they send you a brand new card, they'll still allow companies besides the one that you claim fraud on to have access to the new number. And it's all done pretty much automatically. So I get that part. The part I'm missing is why didn't they charge you for four years? I mean, have you talked to them at all? Not the credit card company?
Speaker 14: Relax you, Oh, I've talked to you with a andch that first they said it was fraud, and now they said that they have talked to them and they said that I ordered, Well I didn't order.
Speaker 5: How were they saying you ordered like by the website or you called or how would have you ordered?
Speaker 12: Well?
Speaker 14: I would have called because I don't have I'm ninety years old and I don't have a computer.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so you would have called up. So they're saying you called, did you? And you basically told your credit card company you knew nothing about it?
Speaker 15: That's correct?
Speaker 6: Well, this is crazy. I think all we got to do here.
Speaker 5: I think we have to have a three way conversation with your credit card company. There's two things I want to happen on this. Hold on, I'm going to sign this to a deputy. But there's two things that need to happen, So hold on, and then we've got something with O'Reilly's auto parts coming up, and then we're going to talk to Joe Keiano. And Deputy Doc was telling me something very interesting about crypto and a bill that was signed into law in Colorado that talks about different things like these ATMs they have, And we had a caller get ripped off to the tune of twenty five thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Actually I think it was more than that.
Speaker 5: It was forty thousand dollars that this would have made not happen. Curious enough, two lines open three zero three seven one three eight U five five Chuck you hold tight, Barbara, I'm coming right back to you. We definitely want to hear from you. Hopefully we can help you out only shove. It's kind of over three hundred million dollars in cash, merchandise, exchanges, refunds. Deputy Bow joins us. By the way, this hour brought to you Bywaterpros dot Net. I love the system we got from them. We got basically a water softener for the whole house. It was less than thirty five hundred bucks. And man, it's been up in operation for over two years. It's almost zero maintenance. I've had to add the salt to it once. It's incredibly great. It makes the water a lot better. And they have a system now that gets rid of forever chemicals, It softens the water and it handles any chlorine problems. Think about that for your entire not a point of use. Other people say, oh we got that for a thousand, that's it the kitchen sink. This is for your entire house. And make sure they get rid of the pea files. You realize if you go fishing in Chatfield Reservoir right now, you're not supposed to eat the fish. Did you hear that, Joe? All you do that, that's what you are. You're a fishietarian. That is right.
Speaker 16: I'm a best gutarian, a fishytarian besgetarian.
Speaker 5: So that's all he eats.
Speaker 2: He doesn't eat meat.
Speaker 5: He eats and eats vegetables and fruits and fish.
Speaker 6: When I read that, I started thinking about you.
Speaker 5: Thank you. If it's going on in Chatfield, think about it. This plastic is everywhere. It's horrible, sad yewn. So they got a system now, Paul the water Man literally and I mean literally, under thirty seven hundred dollars, it'll do everything and just google pfas p fis and you'll see what I'm talking about, and then pop in Chatfield. It's scary as hell. That's right here, all right. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five Barbara, here's what I'm gonna do. I'm going to put you with Deputy Bow that just walked in. And Deputy Bow, let me kind of catch you up on what's going on. There's a product called Relaxium and it's sold on kind of infomercials or TV commercials. Mike Huckabee who ran for president years ago, actually and he was a governor somewhere, but he actually who wasn't Arkansas. He pushes a product pretty heavily, like on Fox News, and I think it's Asso on CNN, although that would be weird seeing Mike Huckabee push them in, but you get the idea. I've seen the product. It helps you go to sleep. I've never used it. She signed up, according to her, and Barbara, was it your husband that signed up back in twenty twenty or.
Speaker 14: Yourself sign up for him?
Speaker 5: Say that again.
Speaker 14: He asked me to sign up for him.
Speaker 5: Fair enough. She signed up five years ago. They paid an X amount that first year, and then they didn't get billed and they didn't receive anything for four years. The first year was fine. The product did not work for him, so they just that was it. This year, all of a sudden, a charge for how much? One hundred and twenty bucks?
Speaker 14: No one nine?
Speaker 5: A charge for one hundred and eighty nine shows up, and then six bottles, right yeah, six bottles of this stuff out of the blue shows up. So there's two things. One, she's got to get a hold of these guys on the website. She's ninety years old. She doesn't use the internet. You need to get on there and get into her account somehow, which I have no idea if she doesn't, do.
Speaker 2: You have email, Barbara, No, you're gonna.
Speaker 5: End up calling him. I have no idea how you're going to possibly go online and cancel Barbarikae.
Speaker 17: You just call your credit card company.
Speaker 5: We already went down. That's the second thing. The credit card company. She disputed she got a temporary credit. They talked to the company. They convinced the company she authorized it, and put the took away the provisional credit and basically rebuild her.
Speaker 12: Well, technically she never canceled, right, Mark, Well.
Speaker 5: I don't know if she did or not, but the fact she didn't receive anything for four years, four years me would be the cancelation right there by itself. I mean that part so Bo, I want to make sure she is canceled. But the second part is, I want you to do a three way with the credit card company. Right, she simply did not authorize this period, end of story. And while you're on with that three way call, they can verify that she was or wasn't charged the last four years. If she wasn't charged the last four years, there is no reason out of the blue she should be charged this amount period. And she says she knows nothing about it except for twenty twenty.
Speaker 17: I think we need to get on a three way call with my Hucklebee.
Speaker 6: Get get Hucklebee on that. That would be funny.
Speaker 3: I can you grab them, grab Hucklebee?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 12: Who is that?
Speaker 2: Who are you talking to?
Speaker 14: Just somebody at my door?
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, Barbara, listen, you're gonna give your information to Kelly. Bo's gonna be calling you soon. Kelly to get this over to Bo's email, please with all of her info and then Bo. I think, honestly, the quickest way is if you can do a three way with her bank and talk purely on the credit card charges. She's saying she absolutely has not talked to this company for five years, and they canceled five years ago. And if it's true that they haven't built her nor shipped anything in four years, I would assume that's a cancelation, no.
Speaker 6: Matter how you look at it in of itself.
Speaker 5: And now she's saying she has not called them back, and it is a different credit card number than the one she used five years ago. But companies have a way of getting that. That's not a big deal. I don't agree with it, but it goes on. Hey, Chuck's got a problem with car polish that he bought from O'Reilly Auto Parts. This one's gonna be curious. I wonder if he's gonna say this, I bought this polish, I used it and it scratched the hell out of my car or something like it was like sandpaper.
Speaker 6: That's crazy.
Speaker 5: I don't know if that's it, but we're all gonna find out together right after this. No, all right? Three oh three seven, one three eight two five five three three Martino, don't forget Frank Duran in the real estate man Frank Durant Holmes dot com. You want the best realtor that's gonna sell your house for more money and faster, you call Frank Duran. You can look up the statue yourself on MLS. No one sells more homes in the Denver metro area for more money than Frank. In fact, he sells more homes listen to this in one month than most realtors sell in over a year in the state of Colorado. Wow, that's Frank Duran. He's helped me out numerous times. He has helped time out numerous times. You gotta use him, simple as that. Frank Duran Holmes dot com. Now I'm dying to hear what's going on with this car?
Speaker 6: Polish?
Speaker 5: Chuck, by the way, two lines open, Get those lines filled up. Any problems you have? Three oh three seven one three eight two five five three zero three Martino, get the calls in, Chuck, what is going on?
Speaker 9: I wish it was as easy as scratching my car, but it's not.
Speaker 5: Oh man, what's going on?
Speaker 18: About a week ago, I went into the O'Reilly Auto Parts seventy second in Federal looking for some.
Speaker 9: Polish to polish up illuminum.
Speaker 18: Polish aluminum on my motorcycle, okay, just to restore it back up. And I bought a product called White Diamond Metal Polish. Follow me, you guys should google it up the image. You can see it with what I'm looking at. It's in a white model twelve ounce fluid deal. It worked flawlessly. We're great.
Speaker 9: But here's the problem that has it has vanilla scented. It's vanilla scented and it's poison.
Speaker 18: So that leads me up to my leave here my experience.
Speaker 5: Wait a minute, Wait a minute, wait a minute. I'm looking at it here. I don't see it. I'm just looking at it. They make it. Actually, they make a lot of products, but you're talking about basically the little bottles and white dimond.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's called metal long last year.
Speaker 5: Wait, there's a lot of these actually.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm a little.
Speaker 9: Shocked by this bottom of the vanilla scented on it.
Speaker 5: You it's like twenty bucks, right, eighteen bucks? Yeah, and you're saying somewhere on here, I don't see anything that says it's scented.
Speaker 2: It says vanilla scented.
Speaker 8: Right, What do you see that right under the it's the last thing in the black square.
Speaker 15: Oh.
Speaker 5: I can't zoom in on this picture I have.
Speaker 18: So so here's where it brings us too.
Speaker 2: We're at who cares it's vanilla scented?
Speaker 5: Who cares?
Speaker 9: The time? You wouldn't think any problem.
Speaker 17: So I use it.
Speaker 18: It worked great. Put every thing away, I put the lid back on, put it away. I go to her picking up stuff. I noticed a little pad that I got, the wax applicator pad.
Speaker 9: Yeah, is missing up, my my little my little lift your dog.
Speaker 18: My crazy dog got it and ate half of it.
Speaker 12: Wow?
Speaker 6: Is he okays?
Speaker 5: The dog vocanic mode?
Speaker 18: Oh my god? My eight year old dogs ate this thing. I'm usually should tear it up, but no, she's actually ingested.
Speaker 2: It says right on their danger poison.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I see it.
Speaker 18: Why would you Why would you send something that I could food product this poison?
Speaker 5: Well, I don't know why you would scent this vanilla.
Speaker 6: I have no idea.
Speaker 5: I mean honestly, so, I have no idea. But all the labels, everything on here has the warnings.
Speaker 18: Man, it does.
Speaker 5: But let me jump back to this hold on Chuck is the dog?
Speaker 6: Ok?
Speaker 9: Now, she's recovering after and.
Speaker 5: What did the vets me? I mean, like, what did they do to treat a dog that eats white diamond?
Speaker 9: So they gave her a shot and I'm gonna look at the bill here.
Speaker 19: It's I can't pronounce.
Speaker 18: It, it's C E R E and I A.
Speaker 9: And it helps her with the upset tummy.
Speaker 18: So she's been out eating grass like a cow, trying to keep her tummy up from getting upset.
Speaker 5: So she's on the end.
Speaker 18: I made her some rice.
Speaker 5: How much was the title vet bill?
Speaker 18: Forty seven?
Speaker 5: And that's what you're trying to recoup, that's right?
Speaker 18: And I and so I called their customer care at online White Diamond.
Speaker 9: Well, the guy from O'Reilly said, why would they put scent in something that's poisoned like that?
Speaker 19: Oh my god, I don't know.
Speaker 9: Does it make sense?
Speaker 5: Doesn't I still don't understand why they put scent in a polish anyhow, I mean, okay, why would they do that? Does anybody have any Why would you buy a metal polish like I used to use brasses?
Speaker 8: Sometimes those polishes just stink. They smell like chemicals, they smell, you know whatever. So they sent it to maybe.
Speaker 5: What if you cover it?
Speaker 18: If what if someone's two or three year old kid grabbed that whole bottle because it's smell like vanilla wafers, then the.
Speaker 5: Parent then the parrots should be smacked around.
Speaker 18: Some weird stuff.
Speaker 6: Well, I listen, man, Chuck, I agree with you.
Speaker 5: I don't quite understand why they do it. Suzanne's probably onto something right there, because, for the life of me, who wants their motorcycle or their exhaust pipe to smell like vanilla. I don't know, but maybe it is to cover up the horrible smell.
Speaker 18: The laboratories and they don't rewind back.
Speaker 5: Well, I got I got two ideas of what you could do. I don't think O'Reilly has got anything to do with this, But I do have an idea and I'm going to look at something during the break about a white diamond. Everybody hold on.
Speaker 17: D News.
Speaker 9: You don't have.
Speaker 12: Run in.
Speaker 9: Just asss as we can.
Speaker 5: The Shooter's gonna help. Come man, This is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 2: No Tom Martinez, welcome.
Speaker 6: My friends to the only show its guy.
Speaker 5: We're here to solve problems, answer questions, take complaints. Over three hundred million dollars in cash, merchandise exchanges refunds directly due to this show. Simple as that you have any issue. We have a lot of attorneys. We've got deputies, We've got good contractors, including great roofers. We've got all kinds of people here to help get to the bottom of your problem. And if that includes trying to recoup money some bad contractor or landlord or someone took, we'll get involved in that. In fact, we use the power of the media. Think about that. We use the radio signal your listen to you right now or our YouTube channel or any way you hear us are We have over fifty thousand a month downloads on our podcast. So however you're listening we use that method to go after the bad guys. I wasn't gonna bring this up. I'm not gonna bring the guy's name up. And I'm going to hop back to the phones in a second. By the way, we got three lines open love to hear from you three oh three seven to one three eight two five five, three oh three seven one three eight two five five or three zero three Martino. They both come here right now. And the three oh three Martino works on and off the ear. So I heard from a contractor that this goes to tell you guys something. Things that are put on the internet never die, never die. I'm not gonna say who the contractor is. I'm not gonna say I feel bad for the guy, because really I don't. I think what he did was a horrible thing. But we got zero complaints about him for a long period of time, and he reached out and wanted us to take down an article on Sleeves Brigade about him.
Speaker 6: So we gave it a lot of thought.
Speaker 5: In fact, I even did a poll on our YouTube channel years ago when we did this, and we decided, you know what, I think people can turn over a new leaf. I don't know, maybe he was an alcoholic and he quit drinking. Maybe he was a drug addict and he quit doing drugs. I don't know his story, but I do know one thing. We didn't get any calls on him for numerous years, maybe five years. So we said, you know what, Yeah, who were we to be keeping this guy up on sleaves Brigade Because anybody that he went out to get work from would type in his name, and I don't care what state you were in, the Sleeves Brigade dot com article would pop up and he just wasn't getting any job. So we took it down. The problem is the article was reposted by numerous people, one of them being It was reposted by an iHeart affiliate another AM radio station on their Facebook. I don't have any control over that. We took down the original post, but.
Speaker 6: They basically copied it.
Speaker 5: It was just a written post and reposted it themselves. So now the guy calls me last night or emails me wanting me to somehow figure out how to take it down everywhere on the Internet. Well that's impossible. That's why these kids that upload pictures and stuff to these sites or these uh you know what do they call it? Sexting. You know, teenagers, that's a big deal. Now, yeah, think about that. You've got two sixteen year olds that are dating. You know, they're heavy. You know, back in the day, you'd go out to make out point or back in the woods or wherever. You know.
Speaker 12: Now, how at the backseat of a car's used for.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Now it's all done on tablets.
Speaker 5: You know. Oh, here's a picture of me. Oh, here's a picture of me. Now they break up, someone uploads one of those somewhere that is there forever. It is there forever, which is mind blowing to me. Me growing up not like Doc. I mean, Doc, you didn't even have radio when you were born.
Speaker 6: We used clay tablets. Yeah, clay tablets.
Speaker 5: Yeah. The closest thing I grew up with the tablet. It was an etches sketch. And if they're kids listening, they probably have no idea what that is. But that's the only thing that all we had. We did have video games though, I had the Atari twenty six hundred is a child, and we had stuff like that, but that stuff was all pretty new. That was like my the eighties, the early eighties. But nowadays I feel bad for this guy. But at the same time, I'm like, I can't get rid of that stuff. People got to understand that when they post something like that, it's going to be there forever.
Speaker 20: I had a suggestion, what what this contract to White? Has any change his name or go to an ll.
Speaker 5: Sage change his name.
Speaker 7: Name?
Speaker 5: So yeah, I think you mean change his name James.
Speaker 17: The change his name or the businesses.
Speaker 2: Business name both.
Speaker 5: It's his name, yeah, and it ain't Fred Smith.
Speaker 20: I mean it's a crazy suggestion. But can he go to yelp write, write a letter to Yelp and remove it. I've heard that Yelp will remove disparaging ads, but you have to make a formal land.
Speaker 6: But this was a news article.
Speaker 7: They're not.
Speaker 5: I don't know how. Yelp first of all, can't remove anything from Facebook, nor can yelp remove anything from Google. Nor can yelp remove anything from YouTube. You see where I'm going. Yeah, I mean, you'd have to reach out to every single person. But he's like expecting me to do that, and it's like, you're crazy. It's like, I don't know what to tell you. But I did send one email to someone at iHeart at that station. The station's not even in this damn down to see if they configure something other than that. I'm done.
Speaker 8: I'm surprised, Like if they reposted the link, you would think if someone clicked on the link, it would be dead from us taking it down.
Speaker 5: No, because they recopied it. They literally didn't like repost it or linked to it. They simply highlighted it, copied it, and then did their own thing on it.
Speaker 8: Ouch poor contractor Yeah, wellly that detrimental to his business?
Speaker 6: This ads, Oh, it's crazy.
Speaker 5: He needs to change his go to initials instead of his name something. Well, the business isn't his name. But the problem is he does big stuff. I'm not even going to say what he does, but let's just say basement refinishes. So he comes over and he bids you on a thirty fifty thousand dollars project, unless, if you're insane, you're going to google whoever it is, So not just the company name. I'm sure you'll google that too, but I'm going to google whoever I'm dealing with, or at minimum the owner of the company that I'm getting ready to write a check for fifty thousand dollars to. And then the second you google him. The first thing that popped up. It doesn't pop up anymore because we got rid of it. Is the thing we did on Sleaves Brigade. But a lot of people copied that and did Facebook post and did other things with it.
Speaker 6: So it's just crazy. Now, Yeah, go ahead, go ahead.
Speaker 12: This is really something. This is really something. I'm proud of. AARP fraud watch network.
Speaker 6: My dad worked there for years.
Speaker 12: I am a part of. Got a bill signed about electronic ATM machines where you're going for bitcoin, and they I just want to read you. One of it is that you are entitled to a refund. The owner of the kiosk, if it's proved to be a fraud, has to return your money.
Speaker 5: So let's give a little perspective here. Then, I promise I'm going to go back to this O'Reilly call for this guy obvious read the warning that's on the machine now, but I still got to give context to what you're talking about. So there's ATM machines now that you can actually go buy crypto with or you can add to your account. We had one caller her dad went into a liquor store where there was a machine and put twenty five thousand dollars in it. I said, there's no way, I've never heard of an ATM, even at a bank where you can deposit that much money. Sure enough, they exist, and there is one in that liquor store. In fact, Deputy Bow, you went out there right that you were Chopper one of us.
Speaker 20: I think Chopper went which Chopper went out and investigated it and we called and it was I believe it was.
Speaker 17: He put forty grand into me.
Speaker 5: He did. He did two different transactions.
Speaker 20: Perpetrators were across the street watching him, and as soon as he left, they opened the machine up and took the cash.
Speaker 5: Well, either they opened it up and took to cash or it didn't matter. He bought crypto and he scanned a little bar that the crooks gave him and it went into their account. So whether they got to cash or not doesn't even matter, because they either got to cash or they got to crypto.
Speaker 6: But just the fact, can you imagine.
Speaker 5: If you could go up to an ATM and take twenty five thousand dollars out?
Speaker 6: You simply can't.
Speaker 5: I don't care if you're in the biggest casino in Las Vegas, You're not going to take out more than a thousand. Maybe some banks might let you take out two thousand, but the majority let you take out three hundred or five hundred, so but twenty five thousand's ridiculous. Then someone puts a gun to your head and wipes out your entire bank account in a day.
Speaker 6: That's why that.
Speaker 5: Safety stuff's up like that, But not for crypto. Okay, so when did this go?
Speaker 12: As of January? It was signed into law yesterday. It takes effect general.
Speaker 6: All as signed it.
Speaker 12: Everybody. It's a bill, So let me just seed you one. It can only do one thousand dollars a day.
Speaker 5: That's great.
Speaker 12: The owner is responsible for refunds and this one what.
Speaker 5: Does that mean?
Speaker 6: Responsible for refunds?
Speaker 5: If you buy the cryptom.
Speaker 12: His If you buy the crypto and somebody owns that machine, the owner of the machine, if.
Speaker 5: It's proven to be fraud, if it's proven to be fraud.
Speaker 12: Has to refund the money.
Speaker 8: Wow.
Speaker 5: Wow, here's the hold on, Hold on, doc, you're going too quick on this stuff. It's very interesting, Okay, do they get into the definition of fraud because in the case we're talking about, someone had this guy walk to the bank he withdrew twenty five thousand he walked into that machine and used the barcode the perpetrator sent them and did it. I don't know if that's that's not really fraud, that's him being dumb.
Speaker 12: Well, it may have been the inducement to do that may have been fraudulent.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 12: Okay, So anyway, if it's proven to be fraud, but.
Speaker 5: Then the owner of that machine is responsible for the twenty five grand or forty grand.
Speaker 12: Correct.
Speaker 5: Wow, now his that's cool.
Speaker 12: Okay. Now this morning is posted on every machine. Let me be swait it for you.
Speaker 5: It has to be as of when.
Speaker 12: As of January first of twenty twenty six. Go ahead, it says wonning. This technology can be used to defraud you if you have been directed to this machine by someone claiming to be a government agent, bill collector, a law enforcement officer, or anyone I do not know personally. Yeah, stop this. I love insaction immediately and contact financial advisor or local law enforcement.
Speaker 5: I love every bit of that.
Speaker 12: That's on every machine.
Speaker 5: I love every bit of that. Hey, Chuck, I'm so Chuck called last hour. I just want to finish up with him.
Speaker 15: Chuck.
Speaker 5: Here's here's kind of the bottom line. I looked, and I have no idea how you would take white what is it called? Again? I already white diamond, white diamond or the manufacturers of it. I mean I looked up the manufacture. It's like a white diamond something something.
Speaker 12: But I do not see industries.
Speaker 18: Yeah, who is it industries?
Speaker 5: Oh wait a minute, hold on, I did not see that hold on Schultz like in a Snoopy nothing. Yeah, it's funny.
Speaker 6: I go to Snoopy.
Speaker 5: He goes to sergeant Schnltz. Wasn't the guy that did Snoopy? Wasn't his name Schultz?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 12: That was it was Charles.
Speaker 9: It wasn't Charles schultzls.
Speaker 12: Yeah, Charles Schultz, the creator.
Speaker 18: I've reached out to them on it. My here's here's what the end goal. It's only two hundred fifty bucks. My dog's gonna be okay. Is if they have something on the shelf that has it's poison and he says so could cause death and they have it with a sweet smell.
Speaker 9: It's crazy, you say the kids should be better.
Speaker 5: Well, but you know what's funny. You can't go buy you can't. I'm not even sure if this is true. Now it seems to change every year. You can't go buy a flavored vape because they don't want kids smoking watermelon or whatever. Strawberry. Literally, you can't go. You can't buy flavored stuff, but you can buy something like this that smells like vanilla. They could literally, you know, kill you. I think vake kills you eventually, but it doesn't kill you that day.
Speaker 12: But I have two words personal responsibility. If you buy something that you know is poison, it's your responsibility to keep it out of the region.
Speaker 2: I looked here, Schultz Industries.
Speaker 9: We've all been around toddlers to climb over everything.
Speaker 18: That was my main concern.
Speaker 5: Yeah, fine, no, it's bad though.
Speaker 6: Dogs.
Speaker 5: You could make the same argument with Annie Freeze. It's got a sweet taste.
Speaker 18: You're at the o'rallies. Was to me he was over the top.
Speaker 9: But I'm like wow, and I'm standing there looking at him like check check.
Speaker 5: Let me finish my thought on this. What I would do. Honestly, I think I would do this if you really wanted to. I would figure out who the distribution path went and whoever delivered it to the store, or I would sue that store for two hundred and fifty bucks. In small claims court. Now, I don't think you have a leg to stand on. I'm going to say that, but they're going to have to think real hard. Whoever's at O'Reilly's. Do they want to snuff this out for two hundred and fifty or three hundred bucks with court costs? Or do they want to show up and waste two days out of their life to defend it? And I'm telling you right now, any smart business would hand you the three hundred bucks and then they would go to that manufacturer distributor and say give me my three hundred bucks. So I would personally do that.
Speaker 18: You're in my head. So here's what I did. I went to the Consumer Protection Safety Commission Sweet and dug around, called somebody and filed a formal complaint for his shows laboratories Wow, stating that it's an unsafe product. It was a little bit of stepping and fetching.
Speaker 6: And if I have what did they say about what happened?
Speaker 18: Well, I haven't got response.
Speaker 9: They said that they've got I just did it.
Speaker 18: This morning before I call it.
Speaker 7: You guys.
Speaker 18: The product, We're fine, but you don't need to put I get it.
Speaker 5: We don't need to rehash it. It is strange. I don't know why they put vanilla in it. It's nuts, man.
Speaker 13: It's like taking like here right, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 5: You make it smell like I don't know anything that's addible is crazy. I don't get that, Park. I gotta take this break to a whole line, Joe Keano, I want to talk to you about a couple different things. I want to talk to you about annuities in general. And this is important. If anybody out there is listening, there's bad information out there on annuities, and there's good information. You're going to hear some good information here. Here's kind of the deal. Here's how I look at them. You give up some of the liquidity for guaranteed money when you buy an annuity, and I realize you can borrow a certain amount from it. If you have a half a million dollar annuity, or let's use use round numbers, a million dollar annuity, you can borrow one hundred thousand dollars a year every year, so you can definitely get some of it, but you're locked into it. It's a retirement vehicle. It's like trying to get your Social Security when you're fifty. It is what it is. It's there, it's building, and it's going to continue to build. The thing I think people get nervous is when they die. The biggest thing I get is, Okay, I'm fifty years old. If I get an annuity right now, once again, I'll use a million dollars, it doesn't matter. Or one hundred thousand dollars. If I get one hundred thousand dollars annuity. Now I realize, by the time I'm seventy, or whenever I pull the trigger on full time retirement, or whenever I want that cash flow, I'm going to get a lot per month, and I'm going to get that till the day I die. A lot of people fear, though, Let's say they turn it on at seventy and I'm just throwing numbers out and they're getting three thousand dollars a month for the rest of their life, and then we'll talk about long term care and the other benefits as well.
Speaker 6: But a lot of people are afraid.
Speaker 5: When they die that just goes away. And here they did. They spend one hundred thousand and instead of getting three thousand or thirty six thousand dollars a year till the day they die. That it just goes away. Well, that's simply not true. There used to be some annuities that were like that. But now the reality is your offspring or your beneficiary, no matter who it is, gets that you never, no matter what, And I want you to clarify.
Speaker 2: No matter what, will you ever lose.
Speaker 5: One nickel of principle in the products that you sell?
Speaker 16: Uh none, no, zero, zero guaranteed guaranteed. And that is the beautiful thing about our annuities. You know, you're right, Mark, there's some good annuities and there's some bad annuities. Okay, the new annuities, the ones that we promote are actually very flexible, very very flexible. Just like you said earlier. People can actually take ten percent of their whole account value every year now that they can put it back into absolutely that annuity will grow every single year. But when the market comes down level Yeah, let me say something real quickly. You know, I just came back from Saint Thomas. We took a trip over there. I had a financial seminar that I went to over there, and coming back to Denver, it was the bumpiest right I have ever. I mean, I mean, this is the worst turbuy lance that I have ever experienced. And my wife were holding hands. It was so I mean, there was no one on the planet say no, I mean it.
Speaker 5: I mean it was not amazing.
Speaker 16: So I begin to think about this because see, that's exactly the feeling that people get today with the stock market.
Speaker 5: Have you seen it lately? Yeah, it's crazy, mean, so volatile, especially with the tariff talks into nuts and I'm telling you right now it's down. Okay.
Speaker 16: So the key is people are losing money. We are going into a very turbulent economy right now. The market worked in the past, may not be working as well. Do they may work in the future, but do you have the time? That is the whole idea. Do you have time and for the market to recover.
Speaker 5: The other thing is you do participate in the upside with the products you sell. You just don't participate in the downside. If the stock market's on fire in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 6: You made more money.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, whatever you had invested in that annuity grew grown beautifully. Absolutely. When you start getting into the turbulence, as you're putting it, then then all of a sudden you.
Speaker 16: Lock Yet you're lucked in, and you know you were talking about the guaranteed income for life. Yeah, you know, our annuities will give our clients a guarantee pay check.
Speaker 5: It's like a pantry, single year for the.
Speaker 16: Rest of their lives, and if they pass away unexpectedly, the whole account value everything on that annuity goes to the beneficiary.
Speaker 5: Everything they grew is the best of both worlds.
Speaker 16: Mark you can have potential for growth and protect against loosing your money.
Speaker 5: To people, If someone lives to like one hundred, do they ever outlive? In other words, do they make so much money? It's ridiculous on that because they're not dying at eighty or whatever a man is supposed to die at. Now, they live to one hundred and five, I mean, they definitely did better on it than someone that dies at eighty.
Speaker 16: That is right, But you know what, it really doesn't matter because the whole account balance is what we'll go to the beneficiary.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if you pass away, but I mean if you live. But people, I guess what I'm saying is can you outlive the value if you're guaranteetedly That's what I mean. If you're guaranteed a paycheck till the day you die, that account value could be zero, but you still get it.
Speaker 16: That's right, You're still getting the paycheck. See, that's security, and that's what really people need in today's economy. They want to have security for life. Well, it's nice having that.
Speaker 5: I mean, I like participating in big gains, which also comes with big losses. But at the same time, it's nice having something that no, no matter what, you're going to be hitting each month. Just let me say this rue and then hold on though, because we didn't talk about the long term care part of it. That part's pretty amazing because that doubles it. So let's take let's.
Speaker 6: Take a number you gave me.
Speaker 5: I think we were talking a half a million dollars at age fifty. If I retired right around seventy, it was about eight thousand a month, and I'd get that forever forever. Yeah, But if all of a sudden, I can't cook for myself and I can't shower, isn't it two things? Yeah, do out of the six activities of daily living?
Speaker 16: Yeah, two out in the dressing, you know, bathing, Yeah, holding your bladder, It doubles, it doubles.
Speaker 5: Then I get sixteen thousand for the rest of your life for the rest of my life. And what's crazy about that is looking at long term because my parents' age long term facilities. They're in Florida and they're a little cheaper than here in Colorado. And Colorado they're over ten thousand dollars a lot, right, I mean for a decent one. I mean we're not talking to Section eight kind of place. No, we're talking a real, real place. And we're not talking the best either. But in Florida they're about eight thousand. And think about that. You have sixteen thousand in that scenario, now ten thousand to pay whatever you need in a facility or bring people into your house every day however you want to do it. And then on top of that, on top of that that once again, like you said, till the day you die, once it's implemented.
Speaker 16: I mean, this is the best of both worlds. Mark, I don't understand why people you don't shoot, I mean, why they're not looking to have a portion of their portfolio. Yeah, portion to a guaranteed account, especially your.
Speaker 5: Younger, your account. Your son ran a number for me that was crazy, you guys sold I think it was a twenty year old, a twenty year old a ten thousand dollars annuity, right?
Speaker 6: Is that was that age?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 5: Eighteen? Yeah, listen to this when that kid imagine if that's your grandson right now, when that kid retires, it's sixty five or seventy whatever number we ran ten thousand dollars. Now, okay, when he retires, how much did he have? Do you even remember? I don't remember a million dollars? Right? Over a million dollars for a ten thousand dollars investment dow' speA because you have time, of course, that is the holy people, Like Deputy Doc, you got an annuity that turned on almost immediately, like in thirty days exactly.
Speaker 16: It's called an immediate annuity, right, Because it's called an immediate annuity, right.
Speaker 5: And yours actually goes up each year if the cost of living goes up.
Speaker 12: Well, the deal is, it's it's it's tagged to the sock market. Got so on my adversary date. If the sock market has gone up a certain amount, it's increased. If the sock market has gone down, I'm guaranteed a three percent cost of living increase, no matter what, no matter what.
Speaker 5: But so your payment, of course never goes down.
Speaker 12: I thought it out thirteen.
Speaker 6: You did it, and.
Speaker 5: I just want to ask you this stock for real, you you did it. I'm not gonna use real numbers, but let's say a half a million bucks instead of having a half a million dollars in the bank, you wanted to make sure, no matter what, you have a check coming in that can cover your mortgage, cover your living, cover everything. So you gave up that liquidity for literally having that guaranteed money.
Speaker 12: And I'd say it went from thirteen hundred originally to two thousand now, so now you're in a one thousand, two thousand months thirteen hundred a month.
Speaker 5: Wow, that's insane.
Speaker 16: So that is, you know, to the point you know, we're going to be having a webinar, yeah, on June seventeenth, Okay, and it's gonna be called Don't Worry, Retire Happy and and and the whole idea behind this book.
Speaker 5: All Right, I got a break and then we're gonna get We're gonna give that in throw out over this. We got some open lines three oh three seven, one three eight two five five.
Speaker 2: I want to hear from them.
Speaker 12: I see the book.
Speaker 5: I know people are going ah iknities are boring. Honestly, they're a big part of retirement these days. In fact, Jr's got a question on annuities. Go ahead, JR.
Speaker 21: H I got a question for you, Mark.
Speaker 9: I listen to you guys all the time.
Speaker 21: I'm sitting, uh, just cash, and it's just to save these account at US Bank. At two hundred and twenty four thousand, I'm getting a three point little under three point five percent, so about six hundred bucks a month. But do I with this annuity he's talking about if I want to pull my money?
Speaker 19: Can I pull it?
Speaker 21: Or can I?
Speaker 5: You can borrow. You could borrow up to ten percent each year. So at two hundred thousand and whatever, you could borrow twenty thousand plus a year, but you don't have to pay it back.
Speaker 6: You can pull out ten percent each year.
Speaker 9: Okay.
Speaker 21: Now, what if I die, because I'm getting close to seventy What if I die?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 21: What if I kick the budget?
Speaker 5: All the money goes to whoever your beneficiary is, your kids, your wife, whoever set up the total account value. But I want to say some something a little different than I'm gonna let Joe chime in. You're crazy where your money is right now? If you wanted just to sit and be liquid, you can open up a free Schwab account and they have a seven day yield called swvxx. It's called their Schwab Prime Advantage Money Fund, and it's around five percent and that can be liquid within one day. Oh wow, Yeah, that's only five that's only five percent growth. But that can be liquid in one day. That's better than all the on lane banks. And there's some other stuff like that out there. But for the kind of money you're talking, you know, it's seventy years old. I mean, you just have to crunch the numbers, Joe. I mean, here's the bottom line. He's seventy he's got two hundred and whatever. Whether he wanted to do one hundred thousand and turn that into guaranteed or two hundred thousand, whatever he wants to do. You can literally punch the numbers absolutely jar Now, let me ask you this, I mean, do you need money right now for retirement?
Speaker 21: Well, I'm making thirty four hundred a month social Security and I still work for Costco.
Speaker 9: I've been working at Costco.
Speaker 5: Nice.
Speaker 16: Wonderful, wonderful. Well, you know, this annuity would probably be a fantastic vehicle for you because it will grow when the stock market grows. Okay, nothing to do with a stock carger.
Speaker 6: And you can turn it on whenever you.
Speaker 16: Want to turn the income on begin in the second year to give you get a guy, you get a guaranteed lifetime income JR JR.
Speaker 5: There's something else called staggering, which is interesting. There's people that have two or three annuities so instead of having one, because once you turn that income stream on, it basically calculates how much you're going to get a month, and you're going to get that till the day you die. So some people, like in your case, you have thirty four hundred dollars from one income social Security and you're still working, well when you quit working, you might want to just get that part time income replenished, where let's say you add auity for one hundred thousand, you could turn that on after a few years whenever you retire from Costco and then that would most likely cover whatever you were missing from Costco, and then the other one could sit there liquid in a Schwab account, or you could have another annuity to where if you wanted more money per month down the road, you let that one, keep growing until you need that. But to answer your original question that I got a break, then we'll see if you have any other questions. Your original question was basically, what happens to the money, well, the entire value of the account, including the bonus if you get one that's got like a fifteen percent bonus. Everything goes directly to your offspring or to your beneficiaries.
Speaker 6: The way to put it hold on. By the way, join us on YouTube.
Speaker 5: You can find us at if you go to YouTube, type in Troubleshooter Network and there's a show behind the show. I don't know how the conversation came up, but we were talking about the new Pope. We were all kind of surprised that the new Pope was from the United States. I mean, that's crazy, And I was looking for the odds. Sure enough, Calshey six point seven million in bets on the recent conclave. Poly Market cryptocurncy based betting platform eighteen million on that same event. So right there, that's just two of them guys twenty four million. It's not saying like I'd like to know. Yeah, I would have liked to known what the odds are on poly Market. I've watched elections before, like the Trump election. It pays like Trump could be one hundred. You know, for each hundred you would get one hundred and fifty and Kamalae at the time, for each one hundred you would only get fifty. I mean that's kind of how.
Speaker 12: They do it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they do it a little different than like ten to one or whatever. It's more like as like a base now, not even like a baseball game, more like a hockey game. Actually, now, Joe, I want to finish up on these annuities. Then we've got a big one coming up.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 5: This guy, this poor guy is dealing with a lot of people. Are Larry's got an issue with Express Lanes. The good news Larry is we've got a contact now that is pretty amazing. But I don't know exactly what your problem is, but you're next up. And then three oh three Martino, three oh three seven, one three eight two five five. Now, Joe, the seminar you have coming up. And by the way, I don't even know if we talked about to fifteen percent bonus. So when that guy called up, this is something.
Speaker 6: That's crazy too.
Speaker 5: On one of the products you sell, if you have one hundred thousand right now on day one, it's worth and grows as if it was one hundred and fifteen thousand, right, and if it's a million, it's one million, one hundred and fifty. So that money, that money you start gaining on if the stock market's doing good, you literally grow that all the time.
Speaker 6: It never goes down as well, that's right.
Speaker 16: You know, it's almost like getting a fifteen percent rhed or return year one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, think about that. Well, it's crazy. So that's yours, your account value. But you can't actually take that out even though it grows for what five years, ten years right, then is vested over ten years.
Speaker 6: And it's yours yours.
Speaker 5: It's yours in the sense that it's growing along with all Europe. You get all the benefit of that money. You simply got to be that particular product ten years. And here's the difference. There's there's other people out there you might see on TV that have annuities that say, oh, we got a thirty year bonus. Well, the problem is they are a thirty percent bonus, right. The problem is it doesn't start growing from day one, and you might not have anything for twenty years. Then at twenty years. You do have the value of that thirty thousand, but that's all you have is that thirty thousand. It didn't grow for the last twenty years. That's where all the damn money is. That's right. So that's the big difference. When is this What is the seminar called? And where do people sign up? It's not a seminar, it's a webinar. Webinar, okay, they can just so they can ask questions, that's right.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 16: And they can just give us a call to registr he okay a three h three seven seven nine six six zero zero.
Speaker 5: Or they can go through my Money, my Way dot com. That's easiest, my money, my Way back because it's a forty minute, you know, educational seminary, but it's going to have a full q at oh my gosh. Absolutely, you'll be able to run actual numbers for people.
Speaker 16: Yes, and also you know we're going to be talking about social security, We're going to be talking about about annuities, about how to retire happy and not worry. That's the whole idea.
Speaker 5: People know, it's an education no matter what. If you've ever been curious about annuities, that's it. There's no obligation. It's a webinar. You don't even have to talk. You can just watch. I mean, there's a million ways to participate or just watch for the education. But these guys my money, my way dot Com. Great guys, three oh three, seven seventy nine sixty six hundred coming back. We're gonna be talking possible scam on an express lane and I've got two lines open. Three oh three Martino, I want to hear from you. Everybody hold tight.
Speaker 9: Ripped news, need advice when you don't have the.
Speaker 4: Runs as we can, Shooter's gonna help coming man.
Speaker 5: This is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 2: No tell Martino, Welcome, Welcome.
Speaker 5: My friends to the only show of It's Guy. We're here to solve problems, answer questions. We're here to take complaints. Infect to the tune of over three hundred million dollars we've recovered from this show over almost a fifty year stretch. Just in Denver. Tommy Boyce started it, and uh, it's it's incredible. There's no other show like this anywhere that I know of, where you can call up, when you can call up about a bad contractor you can call up about a bad mechanic of bad landlord and actually get real help for free. There's a lot of things out there. What are you going to call an attorney over one thousand bucks when they want a three thousand dollar retainer? Think about it. We get directly involved. We've recouped so much money, We've exposed so many bad guys it's crazy. In fact, check out Sleeze Brigade dot com one of these days.
Speaker 6: They're the worst of the worst.
Speaker 5: We're not talking little mistakes or people that do a bad job. We're talking crooks. We're talking bad people, federal prison kind of people. But that's what we do. I got three lines open three O three seven one three eight two five five three zero three Martino. By the way, this hour is brought to you by one Clear Choice Doors dot Com. You know, Chappie's the owner. He's a marine and he runs the show very well. If he says they're gonna be on time, they're gonna be there. They've got stores up and down the front range where you can go check out all the different doors they can sell you, all the different brands they're pricing is great. They can do a tune up on your door. If you haven't had that done. They can go install a new opener. I've gotten a couple openers from them over the years at different houses, and they're very aggressive unpricing. They have great pricing. One clear Choice Doors dot Com. I know there's one in Castle Rock, the Springs. I'm pretty sure there's one even all the way in Fort Collins, but up and down the front range one clear Choice Doors dot Com. Now Larry says he's got an issue. Larry, what is going on? I'm dying to know what's going on with all I see on the sc read is possible scam express lanes. What happened, Well, it's not a possible.
Speaker 13: It is a scam.
Speaker 15: The Motor Vehicles Department is aware of this. It's kind of rampant right now. And now I don't know if it's just Colorado or other states, but this is what happens.
Speaker 9: So pox me.
Speaker 15: A year ago, I crossed over the double white line trying to get to the PEPSI Center coming from the Greedy YEP. I got a ticket. I didn't pay it.
Speaker 9: I didn't think it was.
Speaker 15: Processible, if that's the word.
Speaker 5: I don't think this guy sounds like me that I get what you're saying, that's a word.
Speaker 6: If you ask me, it's processible.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 15: So I didn't think they could hold you liable for these.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 15: It's kind of like a traffic cam, you know sort of thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and so let me explain how to hold on, Larry, you said a mouthful there. I want people to kind of understand how it works. So when we talk about a municipality like Greenwood Village, and I use that just because I used to get tickets from them for basically running a red light like weekly. I mean, I had so many of them. I used to have, you know, trash basketball games using their tickets. Well, those tickets are nothing more than hey, please pay this.
Speaker 6: If they didn't serve you.
Speaker 5: Back in the day, you didn't have to go to cort you didn't have to do anything. You could literally throw them away and there wasn't a damn thing that could be done. Now, you thought the double lines were like that, Double lines are a lot different. Double lines are a traffic infraction when you cross that double line. The infraction they give you in the state of Colorado was absurd. The infraction they give you is for not paying a toll. It's for toll evasion. The problem with that is a lot of people exit, so they did pay the toll, and then they exit because they have to get wherever they're going. And I don't know, maybe they should have saw something before or after. I don't know. But when you're in a rush and there's traffic and you want to get somewhere, you get in the express lane, you pay all the tolls, then you exit over the double line, and then they hate you with a seventy five dollars fine. You have to pay within thirty days or it turns into one hundred and fifty. But the problem is what the infraction is. And I don't have the CRC in front of me, but the infraction is failure to pay your toll or it's something to do with not paying the toll. I forget the exact name of it. I think it is Toll Division. But the bottom line is this, if you ended up paying the toll to me, it is a total scam. And we know an attorney that fought it all the way through Douglas County and ended up winning in front of a judge that that should not be it because he proved he did pay the toll. When you get into that lane, it automatically bills you by a light lins plate, or it bills you by what are they called, not a receiver, a fob, whatever you put in your window. It either bills you by that or it builds you by the license plate. And he proved to the judge he paid it. So we said, how the hell was I avoiding a toll? I paid the toll. So they're using the wrong infraction for the double lines. So what happened in your case?
Speaker 15: Well, so we never paid it.
Speaker 5: We got now it's eight million dollars.
Speaker 15: Well not quite seven point five, but no counting at that level.
Speaker 9: So we never paid it.
Speaker 15: We got some snail mail things saying it's it's going up, it's going up.
Speaker 9: So that was a year ago.
Speaker 15: So my wife was going to Sam.
Speaker 5: You're hard headed. How many years ago did you get this?
Speaker 6: Oh, it was just a year ago.
Speaker 5: Okay, it was.
Speaker 15: I was. I was headed down to the draft party at the at the uh Empire Field and I was running late and he off over so whatever.
Speaker 9: Anyway, So all this time goes by.
Speaker 15: My wife's going out to make an appointment motor vehicles the other day to get some new handicapped stick plackards for the car.
Speaker 5: And you can't get them.
Speaker 15: Well, she got them eventually without any problem, without even scheduling an appointment. She just walked in, Oh, yeah, we don't need an appointment for that, you know, he can just do it, and took her five minutes, you know, two days later. But when she applied for that appointment, she had to give him a phone number.
Speaker 9: She gets a text.
Speaker 15: Message from some and it was let me no, it wasn't a collection. I don't know what it was. Let me see she sent this to me. She gets this text message all about suspending your vehicle registration, sprending your privileges, transfer to a tollbooth, and charge the third service maybe trusted prosecuted and your credit score may be affected. Uh, please pay immediately.
Speaker 19: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 12: Just not about Ray.
Speaker 15: She calls me on the carpet because I was the one. I was a guilty party.
Speaker 11: I'm driving the vehicle.
Speaker 15: So her name's on the license plate first, that's why. Anyway, I get this. She gets this text message, and I says, what just a second before you or I pay this, let me see what this numbers about. This number is a Ford zero six three eight seven eight eight zero five. That number comes from, uh where it is?
Speaker 6: Well, let me let me just say tor.
Speaker 15: Hiary Horse, Montana. That's where that number originated from.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, let me let me say a couple of things here. One in Colorado, specifically on E four seventy and Sea Dot Express lanes. Like what you're talking about, unpaid tolls, fees and civil penalties can definitely one hundred percent lead to a hold being put on your vehicle registration. Now, whether or not someone's trying to fish and scam because they know the law but they want to get paid instead of Sea Dot, I don't know. I don't know who's at that number, but I can tell you that can affect your ability to renew your registration.
Speaker 15: Well, I think I traded out that vehicle that I was driving at that time.
Speaker 19: Yeah, and I got.
Speaker 15: A different vehicle I hadn't well, and I haven't registered it yet. I just got Tipperary tag. But I got a similar test message and I swear it's from a foreign country.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they probably are. It's a big there's a lot of scams out there. In fact, Doc, you were telling me over the break, you were reading one that you say is now nationwide. Absolutely, people are getting in a text form.
Speaker 12: They're getting a text that says the driver's license reports it as an unpaid parking ticket, and if they don't pay this certain place that they're going to do a whole bunch of things like suspend their license, et cetera, et cetera. And if you notice where it comes from, the phone number on the top is a plus sixty three blah blah blah. So if you see a plus sixty three, you know what's the matter of the country.
Speaker 5: And there's probably lots of them that are scams. Not just that one though.
Speaker 12: No, but that one is now going nationwide.
Speaker 5: Does that one? Does yours say that plus sixty three or no?
Speaker 18: Well?
Speaker 9: The what my wife did not?
Speaker 15: It came from PURL six, like I say, which is bum What do you want to call it?
Speaker 22: Egypt?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Montana, But I didn't.
Speaker 15: Get the same thing the FM your other gentleman was us talking about it comes plus sixty three nine nine nine.
Speaker 11: That one.
Speaker 5: Definitely that one right now for anybody listening. If you get a plus sixty three followed by whatever numbers, that is one hundred percent a nationwide scam.
Speaker 12: Going, or if you get a scam about an outstanding parking violation or ticket is a scam.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you got to really just go figure it out yourself if it's real or not. But I want to re emphasize, and I'm reading this right from Sea Dot basically in Colorado, specifically E four seventy and Sea Dot Express Lanes, unpaid tolls, fees and civil penalties can lead to a hold being placed on your vehicle registration, preventing renewals. So I just want everybody to know that is a real thing, but it doesn't sound like it's coming from them. In this case, it's kind of ironic that after she went down there to get her handicapped placard or whatever she was getting and gave a phone number that you started getting it. That's kind of crazy.
Speaker 15: Well, she she was actually got it. So she called on Monday to say about getting these new handicapped pacards, and then on.
Speaker 5: I think, how much do you owe?
Speaker 21: Now?
Speaker 5: Out of curiosity, what's the total?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 19: I don't know.
Speaker 15: They were wanting to clock like two hundred and fifty three hundred dollars.
Speaker 5: You know what's weird because she sold the vehicle.
Speaker 2: I wonder.
Speaker 5: I wonder how that works. I mean, if it was registered under your wife's name, that might haunt her.
Speaker 6: But you know, ask what it is.
Speaker 15: I guess, yeah, it's registered under both of our names, though her name is. We've always placed the opposite person, that is, mainly the driver of that vehicle. They've always placed.
Speaker 13: The opposite fous first.
Speaker 15: Why and well that helped us back in the old days when we get those photo radars things and you could disappear it.
Speaker 5: You are a staff law, my friend. You are the definition of a scoff law. Hold on, I got to take this break. If you want to pick it up after that, we can uh three oh three seven one three A two five five. Lisa's got a problem with flooding a condo. That sucks. We've handled a lot of those over the years. Everybody, hold tight, We'll be right back. Three zero three, Martino, we got a couple lines open you've been ripped off or taking advantage of. We also have Jordan Keano with us. I got two deputies here, Deputy Doc and Deputy BO sitting here. Uh, basically ready to help you go after the bad guy.
Speaker 2: If you've been ripped off.
Speaker 5: Three oh three seven, one, three, eight, two five five. Now, Lisa, this sounds really bad. I hate flooding, and then when you throw the word condo in there, it can get really bad. Was it the people above you?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 3: It actually was two condos above me, two different floods.
Speaker 5: Oh, let's talk about the first one. When did it happen and was it directly above you or above them?
Speaker 10: So I'm on the first floor.
Speaker 3: Both of these condos are above me. It happened last September. I've been fighting it since then. I did get a payout from my insurance company, which was a nightmare. Liberty Insurance was the worst in the world. Finally got paid out from them.
Speaker 9: How much I'm so olde seven forty.
Speaker 6: Thousand.
Speaker 5: Hold on a second here, you said ye had two floods, so you had two different claims with your own insurance.
Speaker 10: I did it with.
Speaker 3: Their insurance, State Farm, because they both had State Farm, and I'm uneducated in how.
Speaker 22: To do this.
Speaker 3: I would do it differently next time.
Speaker 10: However, State Farm is refusing.
Speaker 3: To pay the last seven thousand dollars of the total forty seven thousand dollars claim.
Speaker 5: Why are they reach fix? Why are they refusing to pay it.
Speaker 6: What is there?
Speaker 2: What is their reasoning?
Speaker 3: There is no reason, they're just not paying it.
Speaker 5: Okay, hold On, I gotta understand. At least I got to understand a few things. So in September, the first flood happened, was that the person directly above you or above them.
Speaker 3: They're both directly above me on the second floor. Okay, kind of cross over my condo.
Speaker 5: Perfect. So let's say was that was that condo A or condo.
Speaker 22: B Kndo A had the big flood, Kando B had a smaller Okay, let's talk about let's let's let's talk about the forty thousand dollars.
Speaker 6: What is that.
Speaker 5: From the one? Is that from the claim in September? Because I assume these are two different claims.
Speaker 10: There are two different claims, So that my insurance company, Liberty Mutual could pay forty thousand, I was only covered and got.
Speaker 3: Very bad advice to only covered twenty thousand. Carry twenty thousand dollars of a claim.
Speaker 5: Okay, so you got twenty thousand from your hold on, You got twenty thousand from your own insurance company for both.
Speaker 3: Of them forty because they did two claims.
Speaker 5: Twenty thousand each. So you got a total of forty thousand. That's where the forty came from. Yes, and you're still seven grand out of pocket because their insurance company, State Farm, both of them refuses to pay anything. There you go, And how much did you pay just on the deductibles for each of your twenty thousand dollars claims?
Speaker 9: Five hundred?
Speaker 5: Okay? So really they owe you seven thousand plus one thousand? Is that correct? Or did you already factor that in?
Speaker 3: State Farm paid me five hundred okay.
Speaker 22: For one claim because.
Speaker 10: They put it under one claim.
Speaker 5: For both units. Insurance for both units. Yep, yeah, your insurance would put it under two. I don't know why State Farm would only put it under one. But hold on a second, hey, Kelly, two things, Brian Burns and then if we can get Stanford on as well. I want to try to help Lisa collect his seven grand, and I've got a great idea how to do it. And then John's got an issue, So everybody hold on, We're going to get an expert on.
Speaker 6: We'll be right back.
Speaker 5: I've a lot happening here. I got a couple experts up real quick though. This hour brought to you, and I mentioned it I had a text on it free second opinion fixmihome dot com. I promise you you will see difference in prices now on HVAC and plumbing like a water heater like you've never seen before. Some company might quote you on a carrier, for example, a new ACN furnace for twenty thousand dollars, and you might find another company literally that's twelve thousand. The pricing is crazy. The free second opinion by fixmihome dot com is worth every bit of it. You're not high pressure. And the important part too, and I want to emphasize this, They're going to actually make sure you need a new one. They might be able to repair it. That's why it's fixedmiome dot com. But anyhow, I digress. Now, I got a couple experts out. I'm going to go to Brian Burns first and Matt hold tight, Hey Brian, how are you doing?
Speaker 18: Man good?
Speaker 19: Mark?
Speaker 5: I am doing very good, sir. Quote Compass dot Com, by the way, is Brian's website. These guys do insurance first, Zan and myself and Tom pretty much in doc pretty much everybody we know. And the reason we all love Compass is this. They shop us with all the companies they deal with. They're not beholding to one company. It's not like State farm who by the way, we're gonna be talking about, Brian.
Speaker 6: But these guys are absolutely great.
Speaker 5: If you haven't got a quote from somebody in a while, they're gonna find the best coverage. They're also gonna make sure that you have the proper coverage.
Speaker 6: Like the Boulder.
Speaker 5: Fire, ninety seven ninety eight percent of people we're under insured. There's people out there that don't have a house but still have a mortgage, as crazy as that sounds. So you want to make sure where property values have gone up, what that rebuild cost is, and they might be able to get you more coverage for less money. Quote Compass dot Com Now, Brian, the reasoning.
Speaker 12: About them, what they do that is priceless. They always every year they call me and check my insurance to see if they can get a better value.
Speaker 5: I love without my.
Speaker 12: Asking for it.
Speaker 5: Not just not just for homeowners, but for auto Yeah, and if you have a business, they do commercial policies, Brian.
Speaker 2: So Lisa has two people above.
Speaker 5: Her in a condo. She's on the first floor. She had two different flood issues from two different condos. But because they're kind of both above her, both of them affected her. She ended up turning it over to I want to I think she said, Safeco. Who do you have, Lisa? Who ended up? Who's your insurance?
Speaker 9: Liberty Mutual?
Speaker 5: And they're terrible, That's why I said Safeco.
Speaker 2: That's funny.
Speaker 5: Liberty Mutual own Safeco. But anyhow, so she turns it over to hers, but her coverage is only up to twenty thousand dollars. First of all, I didn't know there's things like that. I mean, does that sound normal to you?
Speaker 13: Well, I mean, if there's a limit on it, I would think it would have been for something like water.
Speaker 5: Backup, got it?
Speaker 13: But or she should have a twenty thousand dollars dwelling limit. Is that what it is? She only has twenty thousand dollars of interior covering.
Speaker 5: Well, I don't know about that, because they made her do now it should be in my opinion, at least, it should be two different claims. One happened then the other happened in their two separate apartments. So Liberty Mutual ended up paying her. What she says is the max coverage. She had twenty thousand pers so she got a check from them for forty thousand dollars, right, Lisa, Okay, correct, Okay. Now the problem is though State Farm, who covers both of the people above her, aren't doing anything one of the people. What State Farm actually combined? This part baffles me, Lisa. I want to clarify something. You had one flood from one neighbor, then another flood from another neighbor. Right, correct, When.
Speaker 10: They were mitigating the first flood, they found damage from the second one. And I also have an email from State Farms saying we accept the liability for the fall damage. We will take care of it.
Speaker 3: And now they're not doing it.
Speaker 5: Okay, hold on now. But so, Brian, the first thing I want to ask you about. It's baffling is when it came to subrogating and getting her her deductible. That's all I'm talking about right now. They said they combined them State Farm. Did they ensure both parties? They said they combined them into one claim. So they're only giving her five hundred dollars. But Liberty Mutual did two different claims and charged her one thousand dollars. Of course, five hundred per incident. What do you make of that.
Speaker 13: It's bizarre they could combine it if they're two separate losses. Yea happened at two different times, you're saying.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So what she's saying is she had the main one, let's call it the main one, and while they were fixing that, they found another leak that was effected Lisa from another apartment or another condo that happened to be insured by State Farm as well.
Speaker 13: Two separate too separate?
Speaker 6: Well, okay, and I other go ahead.
Speaker 13: What if the other unit owner was a different insurance company? You know, it's not like State Farm would cover that out of the first claim. It's no, those are two separate claims.
Speaker 6: It's ridiculous, is what you're saying.
Speaker 5: If she's correct, Okay, Now here's the bigger problem, and I've got answers, but I want to I want to really understand where I was hoping you could kind of explain where State Farm's coming from.
Speaker 6: So I'm going to push you up against the wall again.
Speaker 5: I agree they shouldn't combine them, but how the hell did they Where in their brain did they combine them?
Speaker 13: That makes no sense.
Speaker 5: Okay, That's all I needed to hear, because I couldn't I couldn't wrap my head around it. Now. The second thing, her total cost to get back to good was forty seven thousand dollars. She had the cap of twenty thousand on per so they gave her a total of forty thousand because they looked at it as two different claims, so she got forty. They still over seven. And now State Farm is saying we're not going to give you anything. And according to Lisa, which I find a little hard to believe, Lisa, they're not giving you any reasoning why they're not giving you anything on either claim.
Speaker 7: Correct.
Speaker 5: So I mean, Brian, what do you make of that?
Speaker 13: So here's what I would tell you, even whenever I heard what the claim was about. In general, this isn't always the case, but in general, it is very hard to collect damages from someone because of water claim unless unless.
Speaker 9: There is clear negligence.
Speaker 13: In other words, just because the pipe was in their unit and it bursts. I'm making that up. I don't know if that's what happened here, But let's ask.
Speaker 5: Her, Lisa, what do you know about the actual cause, Like, for example, today, turn the bathtub on or fill the bathtub up and it over load, or did a pipe break. What do you know about it? With the exception, you have water damage? We know you know that.
Speaker 12: Well.
Speaker 10: From the main water damage, the lady had an old and faulty connector to her toilet that she never fixed for twelve or fourteen.
Speaker 5: What the hell does that mean? An old faulty connector? You mean like a wax ring?
Speaker 10: I don't know.
Speaker 9: One of the All.
Speaker 5: Okay, well there you go. Let's say that's what it was. Brian, how would you look at that?
Speaker 13: Unless you're able to show that she was advised or told she needed to replace it, that's not necessarily negligence. I will just tell you I deal with these claims all the time, and almost always, unless there is clear negligence, your insurance is responsible for the damage that occurred, whether it was it was the result of something that happened above you. That's just how it worked. It's very hard to collect.
Speaker 5: Well, if they're saying I won't hold on though, Brian, Yeah, that's curious. You're saying that. So I realized this is a condo situation. But if they have something that old, I mean like a thirty year old pipe that's been leaking for thirty years, I mean shouldn't they have freaking known well.
Speaker 13: And that's the question. I mean, you would have to take that to court to prove that that, hey, this is negligence. They should have known. Who knows how long they've owned the unit. You can just see where it can get difficult to prove negligence, and so in most cases the insurance companies.
Speaker 5: Well, let's talk neg Let's talk negligence real quick.
Speaker 6: Let's say it's a house like in.
Speaker 5: Highland's Ranch and there's two homes and my sprinkler. Or let's say I got a water feature and I've got to add water to my water feature occasionally because of evaporation, and I put the hose in and I turn it on, and I actually leave on vacation forget the hoses on, and it uds into the neighbor's house. I assume my insurance is going to cover that neighbor.
Speaker 13: Well, your neighbor's insurance probably had flood insurance would cover theirs and then maybe try to sebrogate. But yeah, I think that would be evidence of some negligence there. Because you were the one that turned on the water, you walked away. That's pretty negligent. So I think that would be a pretty good case to go for.
Speaker 5: But a pipe, pipe in the wall, a pipe in the wall that no one knows about.
Speaker 15: That.
Speaker 5: I get where you're coming from. But if we're talking something, okay, no matter what, it's got to end up in front of a judge. So hold on now, right now, I want to lock in somebody else. Matt Stanford, he's with Paragon Services. This guy two different times in the last few years, my insurance company and Brian I use you guys, you can vouch for this. One time they said no roof damage and I think that was Safeco or maybe Alliance.
Speaker 6: I forget whoever it was. I had Mat out.
Speaker 5: We went from zero to an eighty thousand dollars check I got, I got a new roof, new pain everything. Then recently I think it was Safeco again they said I didn't have any damage, and basically Matt came out and got me almost forty thousand dollars. So he is what is called a public adjuster. So Lisa, we're gonna ask him right now. So oh, get her back on. When I picked him up, I dropped her. Lisa, call back in. That was my bad. We'll get you right back up. Matt, you kind of heard the story.
Speaker 6: What do you make of this?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 5: If you got involved in this, what would you do?
Speaker 10: Well?
Speaker 1: From what I am just trying to mentally catch up here. So she had liberty mutual for her carrier.
Speaker 18: On her condo Churras.
Speaker 1: Yes, and there were two separate claims with two separate claim numbers, two separate issues, and they paid the full limit on both.
Speaker 5: Yes. Apparently her limit is two or twenty thousand dollars okay.
Speaker 1: So in this situation they're the good guys for her. The question is what did it take to repair every then get her back.
Speaker 6: To good forty seven?
Speaker 5: Seven thousand dollars more so.
Speaker 1: Seven thousand delta. So basically her the units that cause the damage to their State Farm carriers.
Speaker 5: They're both State Farm and interestingly enough, I've never heard about this, but Lisa is saying State Farm did reimburse. This is the part that gets a little weird. Lisa, you said that they did reimburse five hundred dollars to you for a deductible Is that correct?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 5: And they only gave her one saying there's only one claim, so State Farm because I guess they ensure both units are is claiming there's only one. So she did get five hundred, But the five hundred is really not the big deal, Matt. The big deal is that she had forty seven thousand dollars in damage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you would expect that after she's capped with her own insurance, that State Farm would pick up the rest or. There typically is an HLA involved in their insurance company, which would kind of take care of anything between the walls.
Speaker 6: No, it wasn't between the walls.
Speaker 5: Apparently, it's the water line going to the toilet, and it's really old and it was leaking right there, so it's not in the walls. It's literally at where it connects to the toilet.
Speaker 9: Well, the two different carriers, Okay.
Speaker 6: Where was this from?
Speaker 5: Where's the second one? Lisa from a toilet, from the toilet itself? Meaning what.
Speaker 6: So they're both from.
Speaker 2: A toilet.
Speaker 23: One, yes, well they can't yes, correct one.
Speaker 5: See that that makes no sense. They're they're combining it into one claim.
Speaker 7: Matt.
Speaker 5: Have you ever heard I got I gotta break guys. I'm sorry, I got to put you both on hold. I've got to take this break hold on. I'm dying to get to the bottom of this, So listen, We've got a lot kicking and I've got about forty five seconds before the music, So Matt and Brian, if you can hold on, that'd be great. Lisa hold on, and then John's got a comment on those texts we were talking about with DMV. But I simply do not have the time to get back to the phones. That's my bad, So I hope everybody holds on. We do have two lines open three zero three seven one three eight two five five three oho three Martino another hour coming up. Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this deal with Lisa and that and a lot more right after this. You're on the Troubleshooter Network ripped off, so you don't have.
Speaker 18: Come running.
Speaker 9: Just as as we can.
Speaker 5: Shooter's gonna help come. This is the Troubleshooter Show. No Ton martinocome. Welcome to the only show. But it's kind. We're here to solve problems, answer questions, take complaints. We're here to solve those problems. In fact, I'm going to jump right back to the phones because I have two experts on. Lisa called up in a nutshells, she's in a condo, she's on the bottom floor right above her. There's two condos that had a leak, both at the toilets. State Farm happens to be both of their insurance companies. Some reason, they combined both into one claim and only gave Lisa five hundred dollars. Now, there was forty seven thousand dollars in damage. The five hundred was basically one deductible, but once again, for whatever reason, as crazy as it sounds, State Farm actually combined according to Lisa, the two claims. None of us can understand that, but forty seven thousand dollars in damage. She turned it over to her own insurance company that had two different claims two different places, like there should be, but her maximum was twenty thousand per claim, so she got forty thousand, five hundred dollars and basically is still owed seven thousand dollars. Matt Stanford, Paragon Services, Brian Burns's Compass Insurance are both with me right now, and Lisa is still listening. We'll bring her up in a minute. But guys, where would you go from here? Let's go down to there. Matt, I think you got the recap right, so what would you possibly do in this circumstance.
Speaker 1: Well, number one, she needs to get the other five hundred compensations in the other claim. The way to do that is to find out who she needs to contact at State Farm. From my desk, I have no leverage because I represent the actual policy over.
Speaker 6: Yeah, who did everything right?
Speaker 2: Apparently?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean if they maxed out two different claims provo, you know that's great. Now one thing to consider. There may be there might be another category, my code upgrade coverage. If there's any electrical being worked on or anything that can be dealt with in a completely separate category. So let's say there's three thousand dollars in code upgrades coverage and he's done, you can move that to that category. So there's three grands in the right direction. Does that make sense?
Speaker 5: That makes sense? But I have no idea, Lisa. Do you know when they actually fixed everything? What did they do?
Speaker 23: Well, we had, but the entire bathroom had to be gutted, and the ceiling in the dining room and the entire floor in the whole condo had.
Speaker 10: To be gutted.
Speaker 6: Do you know if they had to do any code.
Speaker 23: Up grand and air conditioner.
Speaker 22: I don't know.
Speaker 9: The hvac they.
Speaker 5: Did they do? I'm sorry, Lisa, real quick? Did you say they had to replace the HVAC units?
Speaker 23: Yes, and the air conditioner because the water damaged it to a point where they couldn't fix it.
Speaker 5: I bet there would be a code upgrade on that, wouldn't you, Matt?
Speaker 19: Probably would be yes.
Speaker 1: And then if they got in the bathroom, you've got to have you know, GFCI outlets in the bathroom and that effect.
Speaker 5: Can you do this, Matt? Can you if she sends you over the information, do you mind eyeballing it just to see if there's another way to go through her own insurance company to pay some of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's not a problem. Has the work been completed? Everything's done?
Speaker 17: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, Yes, send me anything that you've got as far as the invoice from the contractor. They might have all that itemize.
Speaker 5: That's what would be the best, Lisa, if you have the invoices from the contractor, and then he's going to need your actual insurance policy from Liberty Mutual. Okay, Now, what do you guys think of this? Hopefully you can find some there, Matt, to try to make her whole, But I would sue both of them in small claims court. It's only going to cost you fifty bucks each, Lisa, fifty five, and I'd sue them for the exact same amount seventy five hundred, which is the tops for the damage. Then they're going to have to go to State Farm, and State Farm's either going to have to cough up money for an attorney to defend it, or they're going to end up paying you whatever is owned. Brian, what is your thoughts on that?
Speaker 13: That's exactly what my advice is going to be, And I'll tell you why, because I feel like State Farm opened the door by giving five hundred dollars already, they've almost admitted some liability in this.
Speaker 5: Hey, Matt, explain that once a company or either of you, Brian explained that I forgot about that.
Speaker 6: Once they pay you a nickel, they.
Speaker 5: Basically agreed that their client did something wrong. Now it's just negotiating how much right.
Speaker 13: With your own policy. And Matt deals with this all the time. You can go to appraisal, where if they just say something's not covered, appraisal is not always the best solution because they're not admitting fault to anything. Once they admit it in this case, though, the other insurance company that is already saying, hey, we're going to pay your productible, that would indicate that they're accepting some fault to me, and I would say that that would be a good lead in to a small claims type lawsuit.
Speaker 5: Lisa, I'm not kiddinged.
Speaker 6: It's only fifty bucks.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 23: I also need to tell you that I have emails from State Farm point blank saying we accept full liability for everything.
Speaker 5: That's great, that's all going to come up with the judge, but you've got to file it. If they don't do anything at this point, I don't care what we're talking about. The only time you can have some of these companies. I don't care if it's at and T or uber or a hospital. I'm thinking of all the people I brought to small claims. I'm telling you right now, they just start ghosting you, because most people go away if you file small claims. It's only fifty dollars each on both of them. Those people are going to immediately call State Farm and they have no choice but to get involved. They can't ghost you anymore.
Speaker 23: Okay, it's really that easy that I'm happy to do it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'll tell you what you can email. I want this to go to Dmitri. So hold on. I'm going to have one of our deputies kind of email you some forms. He's not an attorney and it's not going to be legal advice, but he has filled them out numerous times and he can tell you the basics on filling out the paper and where to file them. You follow me. Then it's just very relaxed rules and you're going to show up with your emails. You're going to show up with your receipts, and I bet you're gonna end up with the money. I want you to follow back up with us.
Speaker 23: Go ahead, Lisa, I'm sorry, No, I hope so, I'd be happy to receive the help.
Speaker 12: Thank you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so hold on, hold on, make sure we have all your information. Let me get you on hold there and then, guys, I appreciate you coming on, Brian, That's what I was thinking. Just like you small claims, this is made for it, Matt. You must agree with that absolutely.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, like I said, I can't do anything with another policy holder, but put that in a legal arena and they can knock it out of parking.
Speaker 5: All right, check it out everybody Brian Burns quote Compass dot com. Just reach out to them. They're great people. Where you can call Brian at three oh three nine ninety six nine thousand. They will one hundred percent look at what you got. Going as far as insurance coverage, make sure it's the proper coverage. They're never gonna sell you anything you don't need, but they're gonna make sure what you do need is there and hopefully they can beat the heck out of whoever you have and they're gonna shop it each year for you. That's what they do. That's why I've personally used and Brian, I appreciate you coming on. And then on top of that, Matt Stanford, if you're fighting with your own insurance company, maybe they only want to pay you for roof damage, but you have siding damage, fent damage, you have a lot of other damage, but they don't want to talk about it. That's when you call Matt. Matt gets every single penny that insurance company owes you. And then, like me, if they're telling you the original damage, you get Matt involved from the beginning and he'll get out there and proved to him there is damage and basically gets you a big fat check like you got me, Matt Brian. I appreciate both of you coming on. Matt can be found at Paragonservices dot com. Paragonservices dot com. John hold On, we got two lines in open three zero three seven one three eight two five five. We've got an update from this morning as well. I put Deputy Bow on a call about Relaxium. This poor lady was charged a couple hundred dollars. She's in her nineties for this product that helps you sleep that she hasn't dealt with for five years. Wait till you hear the update President Trump. Elon Musk, Oh, my god, Tesla down fifteen plus percent. Basically the stuff we're hearing back and forth, I mean X in Twitter or whatever you want to call it.
Speaker 6: These days, along with true social going.
Speaker 5: Absolutely crazy, absolutely crazy, Elon thinks this big beautiful bill sucks. And there's a couple reasons. He thinks that he owns an electric car company and they get rid of all the subsidies. Quite frankly, I don't care about that, but if I was Elon, I'd care about a big time. Elon's saying. Without me, Trump would have lost this election. Suzanne, you brought up something interesting about the Epstein files.
Speaker 6: Who said that? And are we sure they said it?
Speaker 2: Who said what that? He was in the epstate one of our YouTube beasts.
Speaker 6: Okay, well, I don't trust our YouTube beas.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 5: I mean if I actually saw it myself, what did they say that that?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'd have to see that myself.
Speaker 5: I have no idea. But Mark, when I went back, you were saying on your Twitter feed you actually saw Elon say that.
Speaker 8: No, I said one of the YouTube's put that Elon said that.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, I'd have to see that myself.
Speaker 2: It doesn't you know.
Speaker 8: Mark, When I went back and looked at those logs six or seven months ago, he was there with his wife and kids, and in the flight.
Speaker 2: Log that's it. Yeah, yeah, Trump, That's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 6: So was Bill Clinton? So was everybody right?
Speaker 5: Anybody anybody in politics on either side was at that island at some point? Who went there with their family? I think Trump went there with his family, but I'll go on X he didn't go to the island. Okay, who went to the island with their family? They were trying to give them crap. I don't remember who it was. I thought it was Trump and he was there with like his daughter or something. Say that again. He used the plane. Jeffrey flew him somewhere. Oh okay, but it wasn't to the secret Rape Island. No, just like Trump flew Mandela. So same deal.
Speaker 12: Man.
Speaker 5: I can't believe these two are fighting like this. It is absolutely crazy. They're both bearing themselves. I mean especially well. They both are musk for the life. I mean, listen, I love Tesla. You listen to this show. I've never owned a better car in my life. It is the most favored vehicle I ever owned, and I won't stop buying them. I absolutely love them. I've never been in a vehicle that can drive me wherever I tell it to drive me and I don't have to touch anything. What's it say?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it does? Thank you.
Speaker 8: Libby says, time to this is from Elon on the X account. Time to drop the really big bomb at real Donald Trump is in the Epstein files. That's the real reason they have not been made public. Have a nice day, djt.
Speaker 6: Oh smack, daddy smack, daddy.
Speaker 5: Smack. And then Trump came back and said the only reason he said, richest man in the world. I'm paraphrasing is because all not only the subsidies for electric vehicles, but for all the government contracts. I mean, they are whooping up on each other. You know, the liberals are loving this. MSNBC's got to be a twitter right now. I mean, this is some crazy stuff. If I didn't known Tesla Stock, i'd be relishing in this fight. And I like both of them. I love both of them, but man, talk about a feud. Talk about a freaking feud. There's gonna be a lot of news on this big, beautiful bill, and I don't know how I feel about that. I thought, honestly, the whole reason I thought DOGE was in existence was to make it so we don't make the deficit higher. But they want a lot of trillions in this bill, which I don't understand. So I understand what Musk is saying. But I also understand what Trump's saying. Trump's saying, hey, we're cutting a lot of stuff. You'd never see that from the demo. And I need money for the border wall. I need money just for security in general. So I get that too. But man, they are at each other's throats. There's some good stuff, right here unless you own musk stock like I do. But let me tell people that to do own it, don't panic on it. And I'll tell you why. It's not just car sales, the automation that they're going to be selling the Nissan and Hondai and Chevy and Ford in any company, all these manufacturers. It's going to take a couple of years, but no one can do what he does right now. No one can do what he do. Those taxis are now in Texas out there completely self driving taxis. It's insane and you'll be able to buy one for yourself. It's just crazy. And then the robot. Think about this for thirty to forty Elon always exaggerates when it comes to price, I promise, but thirty thousand for the robot, let's say it's forty twenty five percent higher. Seems to be what he does twenty five percent higher. But you have a robot that literally trains with AI. If you want to teach it how to scramble eggs, you show it a video of somebody scrambling eggs and it literally learns how to scramble eggs for you. If you want to show it how to mow the lawn, and I'm sure a lot of this stuff will be there when you buy it. But it's self training. You show it videos and it learns how to do whatever task it is.
Speaker 6: It could be.
Speaker 5: Working at Walmart stocking shelves by simply watching videos. It's amazing. It's like nothing I've ever seen. And that's AI. And then his AI stuff is incredible as hell. Just his AI format where you can actually build models and pay for the models. I mean, he's competing with all the big boys in AI. And that's all part of Tesla. All of that wraps up into Tesla. Then I'll get off it right after this. But listen to this. This neurolink. There's a guy out there with a neurallink that hasn't spoken to his family for years. After some kind of devastating accident or some kind of something, I don't know what it was. He hasn't been able to speak for years, cannot talk. Neurallink in his brain. Now you can look this up. He talks right through a computer. His thoughts come right through it, and he talks in his own voice because of the AI function copies it. He talks to his family now and cannot talk without neulink. Think about if your legs don't work and they can rewire with neurlink and all of a sudden a quadriplegia can just walk around. That is going to be one of the most incredible things that probably happens in my lifetime will be neurolink. And it's just crazy and this is all musk, but man, this feud is freaking, absolutely bonkers. John has a comment on the DMV issue we were talking about, which happens to be crossing the double lines. People are getting seventy five dollars tickets for crossing a double line. The problem is a lot of people get them when they're coming out of the toll. They paid the toll, but they got to get their exit, so they cross to get out of the double lines to exit, and they're getting a seventy five dollars ticket.
Speaker 19: John, Yes, Hi, Actually I want to talk about something that Doc had said earlier about the texts that people are receiving from the DMV.
Speaker 5: Yes, saying basically, pay this amount to this link right now, or you might not be able to register your car, or we're going to send the police after you.
Speaker 12: Prifice lives will be suspended. All that kind of stuff. Yeah, go ahead, John, Yeah.
Speaker 19: I live in southern Arizona and I've received two of them in the last three weeks. I delete them and report them as spam. But if you read through there, it's a teenager that's writing those things up. There's not they're not a command of the English language. Number one, number two. If you look at the phone number six three is a country code for the Philippines.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I mention that that's a plus six three.
Speaker 5: If there's a six y three is one hundred percent phony Bologne. In all honesty, if you get anything like this in the form of a text, in ninety nine percent of the time it's phony Bologne. I don't care if the six three are the country codes there or not. But that's interesting that you pointed that out. This particular one I'm looking.
Speaker 2: At that's from JR. From the road Marks, from one of our YouTubers.
Speaker 5: This one just has a link to pay but it's this possible legal prosecution crack rating damage.
Speaker 12: I got a post from now it's Arizona, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Colorado, so it's it's nationwide.
Speaker 5: John. The other thing is I bet as soon as you block the number, it pops up under a different one.
Speaker 19: Yeah, I don't keep track of it, but I know it. I know it's not true. One of the if you read down there through all the little things that they're going to do to you, they go to number three and it's blank, and then they put number three again and they tell you they're gonna lock you up in a toll booth or something like that, or they're going to report it to a toll booth. So you know, if you read all the way through there, you know that they're you know what, they don't understand the English language.
Speaker 5: John, you know what's scary. You know, Tom jokes about it. But ever since I've got Google's AI on my email, especially if i'm what I call angry typing, like I'm going after a company or I'm like pecking away. Just but I can hit one button now and that damn thing fixes the email to whatever I want.
Speaker 2: Meaning.
Speaker 5: Do I want it to come off a little angry, Do I want it to come off professional? Do I want it to come off any which way? I have numerous different things to choose from. It's amazing to me whoever wrote this, somehow they can send it to like every phone in existence, but they're not smart enough to clean it up.
Speaker 6: I mean that seems absurd, doesn't it.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 19: The other thing that happens too is when I first received the very first one, it gave me like a week to respond or they're gonna do all these things.
Speaker 6: Luck you're the tollbooth.
Speaker 5: I love them to delete it.
Speaker 19: But then I receive another one a week later with the expiration date another week down the road.
Speaker 5: Yeah, have you ever? I'm just curious, John, nothing to do with these texts. These these would be, I hate to say, hard to fall for, because I know people do. Because what happens is they might have gotten a notice from wherever they live that's a legitimate notice in the mail. Then they get this text and they associate it too, and they take care of it, not realizing they're not taking care of the legitimate one. So stuff like that happens. But have you ever been taken in your lifetime?
Speaker 7: We have.
Speaker 5: I'm sure you've been scammed at some point. What was it?
Speaker 19: No, I would I have to say, no.
Speaker 5: Wow, that's pretty impressive, that's really impressive. I had a GM take me for a quarter million dollars years ago. That'd be my biggest one.
Speaker 19: Well, I had a business and yeah, that that happens. You got to keep your eyes open.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'll tell you the worst. That the highest guy is the guy to watch out for.
Speaker 12: John.
Speaker 5: I appreciate that call. Justin's got to comment on AI doc real quick. What are you going to say? I said, nothing, all right, justin hold on your next three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Don't forget help in troubleshooter dot com. That number is invaluable or that email. We answer those emails all the time. I do want to talk about Denver region. This one's really important for people out there suffering from neuropathy.
Speaker 2: Listen to me.
Speaker 5: I don't care if it's from diabetes or other forms of nerve damage. The stem cell therapy they have now actually regenerates damage nerves. In fact, most people within a couple weeks. I was talking to doctor Joel just yesterday, or maybe it was two days ago. He's gotten people that feel so much better in their feet. They can walk again within a week or two, and then as one or two months come by completely pain free walking. I am not kidding on this This is a real deal. It's an easy in office two hour procedure without the downtime. Just get online, call up, ask the questions. But if you're suffering from that painful foot neuropathy, this is the real deal. It's stem cell therapy and these guys do it the right way and it just solves the problem in like nine out of ten people ask the questions. Check him out at Denverregen dot com. That's Denver Region dot com attorney Dan mackenzie. You know what he does. He can do a state planning, lawsuit prevention, asset protection. He can also do a simple will or a trust power of attorneys. This guy is an estate planner and he's great. That asset protection is very important. Maybe you have parents that are getting elderly like I do, and you start thinking about possibly medicaid and assets in the house. Talk to Dan seven to zero eight two one seven six zero four seven two zero eight two one seven six zero four justin real quick, what is your comment on AI.
Speaker 24: And Arthur talking about this. I just want to bring a few points up. There's been three stories and I'm, you know, somewhat skeptical of a I understand it could be really good for us. The last few months, they've had reports where AI refused to turn itself off. Yeah, it was given a direct command.
Speaker 5: It's like determinator.
Speaker 24: It's just like the terminative had one where targeted its own chooser for missile defend, so it wouldn't turn off and try to kill its own user in a theoretical scenario.
Speaker 5: Yeah, of course they have one like a Skynet go where they exactly.
Speaker 24: They had one week ago where they gave it you know again, fictional scenario.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's crazy.
Speaker 24: Control of somebody's email and it tried to blackmail the person.
Speaker 18: Here.
Speaker 5: Here's the deal man, Uh, it is what it is. The people that set it up on these models. It's so smart. It can learn everything. It can go onto the dark web, it can learn whatever. You know, some of the things they don't. I got to put you on hold there. I do appreciate that, justin, and some of those stories I have read as well. And I do believe the one on where it didn't want to shut itself off, I believe that actually happened. AI in general, though, Uh, you gotta love it. And what I mean by that is we have no choice. You have to embrace it. You don't have to love it, but it's not going away under any circumstances of going away. What we have to do is figure out safety catches in there. But once again, if it's coming out of China, there might be a model. In fact, I think it's called I forget what their model is, but you can probably do anything in the US with it. But if you're in China, it's not going to do any negative to the regime. So it is what it is. You have to embrace it because there's no other choice at this point. But yeah, it's scary as hell, there is no doubt about it. That is one scary thing. Hey, we've got an update on relaxium. Lady called up, said, all of a sudden, six bottles of relaxium. It's sold by what's that guy's name, Michael Hancabee.
Speaker 17: For governor, Yeah, for mencial candidate.
Speaker 5: And candidate it showed up. They charged her credit card one hundred and seventy nine bucks. She's like, we have not dealt with relaxium for five years. Apparently in twenty twenty they ordered some. It didn't work. They haven't thought about it again. Bo, you called up, would we find out.
Speaker 20: Yeah, they're very nice company. Just real quick. My cook could be answered and talked to me.
Speaker 6: Oh, shut it, no, I'd be so impressed. If that was I'd be funny.
Speaker 20: He was on the voicemail. So I talked to Woody, explained the situation. Apparently Barbara ordered this six bottles in September twenty twenty four. I said that was too long her her husband passed away. She doesn't need this relaxing product anymore.
Speaker 5: She's in her nineties.
Speaker 17: They were very nice. They had canceled the order.
Speaker 19: Love it.
Speaker 20: They're getting a charge back her credit card. And they said that she could keep the product. So I called Barbara.
Speaker 6: And I said, she got freebie.
Speaker 2: She can.
Speaker 20: She said, I don't know what to do with it, and I said, we'll give it to your neighbor, or take it to good will.
Speaker 6: Or I'll take a bottle of it she lived.
Speaker 17: If she lived in Denver, i'd pick it up.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I've always been curious if it works or not. I mean anything like that. But anyhow, great job, Bo, great job. I'll make sure Tom gives you his digger. More coming up right, Listen, I want to talk to become the banker you guys have a webinar coming up real soon. And here's what I love about these guys. I'm not kidding. If you want guaranteed results in your retirement and look, an annuity might not be right for an eighty year old, but diversifying when you're younger or all the way up to when you're thinking of retiring it can be a very smart move. The stock market's not going to affect it. You're going to get a guaranteed amount of money every month to the day you die. It's got some great benefits, like a fifteen percent bonus. If you're fifty years old right now and do one hundred thousand maybe out of a four to oh one k, you can transfer it over, no tax implications, none of that, and you get a fifteen percent bonus, So that one hundred thousand immediately is worth one hundred and fifteen thousand. That starts growing and growing. When a stock market goes up, you make more money that year. When the stock market goes down, you never lose a dime. It ratchets in when it starts going down, and you don't lose a nickel. Then when you decide to retire, we had a guy today called Jordan.
Speaker 2: Okay, he had listen to this.
Speaker 5: He's got Social Security of about thirty eight hundred a month and he's seventy years old. He works part time at he's one of the people that check the receipt when you leave Costco. So he's got that job where he's making a couple grand. When he's done with that job, and he you know, he might want to do that job till he can't absolutely, I mean, he might do it another ten years. So when he was talking about an annuity and he'd get it now for roughly I think it was two hundred thousand or one hundred thousand, whatever it was going to be, and he would get that immediate fifteen percent and then it grows and then when he does retire and he doesn't have that income from Costco anymore, this would actually take over that income. I mean, basically, he's like buying a job that he doesn't have to go to.
Speaker 4: It's making that money work for you. You're able to have that money pay and if you.
Speaker 5: Can't lose principle, that's the part a lot of people, especially seniors or they're getting ready to retire. You can't lose money and if they die. What happens if they die before they turn on any of it. Let's say ghost there one hundred thousand at fifty, at fifty years old, and now all of a sudden they're seventy years old, they decide to turn on the income and they die. What happens.
Speaker 4: That money will go to their beneficiaries, whether it be the.
Speaker 6: Spouse first value of the full.
Speaker 5: Value, or can go to kids. Unlike regularly one penny full value, if that hundred thousand is now worth three hundred thousand, they get three hundred.
Speaker 4: Thirs hud grand paid out. And on top of that, we also hit on the long term care. You know, for anybody who's looking at this, this is going to give you that paycheck, just like the gentleman who works with costco payout get income. But then of course life happens. We need health care, we need health benefits. This has long term care built into it so that they can have a double pay house or at a facility, and it'll pay two times whatever that paycheck is to help cover those costs.
Speaker 5: Here's what I love about these guys. You know, numbers are numbers. Math does not lie. Call them up, say I'm sixty years old. I'm seventy years old, and here's what I got right now. I was thinking of getting annuity. Now, First of all, I'll say this diversify. I would never put all my money into an annuity period, end of story. But let's say you need two thousand dollars a month to live on. Forget about traveling and stuff. Your house is paid off, you got a reverse mortgage. You need about two grand a month to live off of. This product is perfect, perfect, Or if it's ten grand a month, it doesn't matter, because you will be guaranteed that much money till the day you die. But call up and ask the numbers. The one that's always been extraordinary to me is a twenty year old. Listen to this, twenty year old grandparents listen to me, a twenty year old ten thousand dollars when they RETI I think we use the age seventy or sixty nine, whatever it was, they.
Speaker 6: Have a million dollars.
Speaker 5: Can you imagine looking back going first of all, the grandparents dead or they're the oldest person in the world.
Speaker 6: But think about it. You go to retire.
Speaker 5: Now, all of a sudden, you're you're sixty nine and you find out that your grandmother left you a million dollars. Setup for success, I mean setup for success. I love it. Listen, check these guys out. My Money Myway dot com. Get signed up for that webinar. It's absolutely free. It's coming up on Tuesday at five thirty pm next week My Money Myway dot com or call them three oh three seven seven nine sixty six hundred three oh three, seven seven nine sixty six hundred everybody three oh three. Martina works on and off the air. Help Troubleshooter dot com. See you tomorrow. Follow Tom Martino at Real Tom Martino.
Speaker 1: And stay connected with all of us at six thirty k AP kayhow dot com and on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: This is Denver's top station, six point thirty KHU