Speaker 1: Wow, well done. Man. Man, hey babe, would you like to work worship for shaving with me?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: Blown up? A devil worser. Oh.
Speaker 2: So he gets blown up, gets to his feet and all the this regiment is coming towards me, and he's like, well, I'm gonna get one last round at these guys, points the entire howarzer dead blank at these guys and fires.
Speaker 1: One of those propaganda shows.
Speaker 3: No, the bee hives.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, no, the beehive shell slow down there, okay, the bee high shell was first.
Speaker 3: So he wiped all.
Speaker 2: Of them out right, Well, he he fought, and then he said, oh I wiped those guys out.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna keep using it by himself.
Speaker 2: He's firing his howitzer and by the way, he's bleeding from everywhere in his body. He can't, he can't do anything, and he keeps loading it until he gets the phosphorus, which is one of those things you can see in the dark.
Speaker 4: And then and of course the propaganda that was a famous mash episode. And then he threw a stapler at him.
Speaker 1: Yes, damn right he did. And he said hock too when he did it. Well done. Listen Wednesdays every Wednesday, Tony Day honors our veterans with Wednesday's Hero And It's brought to you by a horse Soldier Bourbon, Baby Tony Dave and I favorite bourbon. You're gonna love Horse Soldier Bourbon, brought to you by the first feet on the ground in Afghanistan, the twelve Strong O d A five ninety five. You're Gonna Love Horse Soldier Bourbon. I uh, it was two nights ago. I couldn't sleep, so I started surfing around television and I watched it when it came out, but I thought, you know, what has been years, I'm gonna watch it again. It was the Evil Knievel documentary Being Evil.
Speaker 3: Yeah weird.
Speaker 1: I forgot how great this documentary. Yeah, absolutely he was. He was not what we all thought he was as we looked up looked up to him as kids. But it was interesting. I'd forgotten about this. So he starts making these little jumps and whatnot. He goes man. At first it was a crew him and few other guys, and it was Evil and Evils band of dared neffons. So then he decides, you know, I'm gonna go out on my own. The way he does that, he comes up with the idea of jumping Caesar's Palace fountains, So nobody knows who the guy is. Nobody knows who he is at this point, so he starts calling the CEO.
Speaker 3: Was this on like the wild Word World of Sports? Or was this.
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: This was this was before he was anybody?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: Ok So he starts calling the CEO of Caesar's in different voices. He's, you know, saying stuff like, you know, hey, this is Jesse Dixon, is Evil Cannival gonna be you know, he like intentionally mispronounced the name. And then every once in a while, he for like a week and a half, Yeah, he would call up, you know, and he would say there with somebody like, you know, Jesse Dixon was from Sports Illustrated and he would say, Hey, this is Frank Gabernathy. I'm a producer with Wilde World of Sports. Is Evil? Can Evil really going to jump and win? We want to know? And so finally, uh, the guy books him to do this to jump the fountains. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh that was the crash where he broke almost every single bone in his body. So I think he was an alcoholic before, right, Yeah, but then when he broke every bone in his body. Then pills, and he went on pills and alcoholic, which made him even meaner.
Speaker 1: Yeah uh.
Speaker 2: And then but he became this cult classic in America to where I mean people our age still have his stupid toy.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I'd love to have his outfit quite frankly, to wear it in here.
Speaker 4: And then Phonsie had to jump stuff. Yeah right, yeah right, they right. But then he would do cameos on TV shows.
Speaker 3: It was like, oh my god, it's evil.
Speaker 1: No, because George Hamilton evidently they saw, hey, Hollywood, of course we got to capitalize on this, so they made an Evil Canevel movie and then George Hamilton played him.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well he got pissed off George Hamilton because he didn't like the job that he did. But then Evil Kniebels started in interviews, started quoting lines from the movies in interviews. Right, it's just still the people's it's but as a fascinating it was just a fascinating documentary.
Speaker 3: And they watched the sun continue. Robbie, Robbie and Evel did a jump down here in Louisville.
Speaker 1: He also second He also successfully jumped the Caesars Palace fountains.
Speaker 2: But but what's the big There's a big budd big, but big.
Speaker 1: Bud is evil. Kniebel was doing it on a five hundred pound Harley Davidson with not a suspension, no one of the jobs. He broke the damn bike in half. Robbie Knievel was doing it.
Speaker 2: On a bike that you could you see these guys fly ninety feet in the air and land safely on the in the in it.
Speaker 3: They're made to do that.
Speaker 1: And they were talking about how Evil Knievel practically everybody did merchandising, of course.
Speaker 3: And I believe the son's dead too.
Speaker 1: No, Robbie Caniegl's still around. They had two sons, but Robbie's Robbie. Let's look it up. Well, you go on the Google machine while bring bring this up. But they talked about how he basically with merchandise Robbie did. He was the first one to have the lunchboxes, the figurines, all this other stuff where action figures what we would call him. And he was spending so much that he was by jets a yacht, another yacht. And I looked up after I watched the documentary, I looked up his uh net worth at death it was only three million dollars from all spending.
Speaker 2: Robbie Knievel May seventh, nineteen sixty two to January thirteenth, twenty twenty three, American was an American recyclist and stunt performer.
Speaker 3: He was kind of a mess too.
Speaker 1: He died of a broken hat. He was.
Speaker 3: He was kind of a mess too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Okay, he's got several children, Robbie Knievel, Kelly Canievel, Tracy Canevel, and Alicia Canevel.
Speaker 3: Wow, Evil Canieval. So people jumped them.
Speaker 1: His wife was on there in the documentary and said that he got his name. He got the name and kept it because he was locked up, because.
Speaker 3: His real name was Robert Craig Knievel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but when he got locked up, him and whoever was going to sell, the sheriff or whoever was locking him up, so well, good night, awful Kanalfal and Evil Knievel and so he uh, he called him Evil Canevel and goes, I kind of like that, but he didn't want the evil part to be too ominous. So he's spout the e v E L. It's the ev I L. But it was really fascinating.
Speaker 3: He got a sixty documentary.
Speaker 1: Did the story yesterday about Matt Damon, not Damon and Bett Aflax company buying the rights to the Hawk Hogan script Hawk Hogan versus Gawker.
Speaker 4: Or it's like killing Gawker. Now they're both in the Film Actors Guild.
Speaker 3: These actors. Oh it's not true.
Speaker 1: Well, reportedly Matt Damon Ben Aflac are gonna be doing this. Like we said yesterday, it's about the Hulk Hogan sex tape scandal. But now it's coming out. Although we haven't cast the full movie yet, they do know who's gonna play Hulk Hogan, and it is gonna be thor Ben Halflac.
Speaker 3: What they do, they'll do. They'll do TV magic or list C.
Speaker 1: G R or whatever. Yeah, I mean, you played Batman, so we might have a little bit of musk, But to.
Speaker 3: Do movies on you're gonna do this? I know?
Speaker 2: Come on, this is stupid. What a stupid story to do a movie? It is you're Ben a Flack and Matt Damon do something else. Golly, keep it in Hollywood.
Speaker 1: Who could be the host of the Emmy's if you're a fan of instead of Schmidt's Creek we'll say whatever else. It is the very popular comedy.
Speaker 3: Don't believe it. Don't have a spin off or something.
Speaker 1: I can't either.
Speaker 3: Loved all the characters.
Speaker 1: Eugene Levy, who I loved on Second City Televisions.
Speaker 3: Who doesn't age? By the way, it's not me.
Speaker 1: He's gonna be a vampire?
Speaker 3: Right, No, it looks exactly the same.
Speaker 1: They're in talks. Eugene Levy and his son Dan Levy were in talks to be the host of seventy six annual prime time uh Emmies. Who watches this though? Anybody?
Speaker 3: No, I haven't watched shows in years, zero people. No, nobody watches the Enemies Emmies.
Speaker 1: I would watch it.
Speaker 3: We watched the Oscars anymore.
Speaker 1: I would watch it if the artists would somehow give me political commentary on who they like. That's true, true. But if it's just on the movies, who wants to see an actor and actress just acting? That's boring. You know, I need my voting information.
Speaker 2: Dave Dwight and I looked at each other and said, you know, your parents always say, don't wish your life away, right right, I said, I would wish the next couple of months and make it November sixth. Yeah, yeah, really, I wished the next couple of months and say, okay, can I snap my fingers?
Speaker 3: Don't want to fast forward me just get by this. Don't skip Halloween though, care. I don't care. I wish my life away to get to November seven.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, me too, I just want to fast forward. Well, let's keep it in Hollywood. Still. Bob Dylan is going to be hitting the big screen Christmas time. Bob Dylan biopic A Complete Unknown is set to come out on December twenty fifth, That's the day Christmas falls on this year. I try nothing.
Speaker 2: I try to compare what he means. Oh, David, Wait, here's Bob Dylan now, David? Okay, November six that wrings.
Speaker 3: Oh infony, Ryan Handy. I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: That's a pretty good mini series, by the way. Nineteen sixty three, that old trick.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, God, come on, man, what are you doing?
Speaker 2: Bob Dylan is still in nineteen sixties. He's never left it. I don't look, but my in laws in there that age there's a certain age group that that that guy is godlike. I mean they they he changed the culture of the nineteen sixties.
Speaker 3: But I just don't.
Speaker 2: I don't find it any I mean after that, I can't believe he's still a lot.
Speaker 1: Man makes it out the guy Man Man, Man Man, think about the Guy Man Man. Yes, training homesick blues.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So anyway, there's a there's a mini series nineteen sixty three with James Franco. Yeah, they go back and go back in time to try to unassassinate Kennedy so to speak. Yeah, and see how life would change. It can't be done, not in this dimension.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 1: It is as gripping as Cobra Kai.
Speaker 3: I stopped watching Cool Yeah we did, we did too.
Speaker 1: Oh cheesy by the Bob Dylan biopic, A Complete Unknown is set to come out in theaters on this.
Speaker 3: Wait, is there another season of Cobra Kai? Yes, it's still going.
Speaker 1: Here's what they did though, is it's a fifteen episode season. So now they're doing the crap where like, uh hey, we drop five episodes and a few months later would drop five more. The reason streaming was so big is because there was no commercials and you could binge watch an entire series up and now they've screwed up. Now they say, because we watch it with commercials, the cheapest.
Speaker 3: One, pissing me off.
Speaker 1: And now they won't drop an entire series. So you know what we do. We wait until the whole thing runs out, and then we binged one.
Speaker 2: When Reacher came out. I watched the entire thing in one day. Jackie and I said on the couch. It was a rainy Sunday and I said, let's binge it. It was eight episodes and we watched all eight and one day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was good. It was great.
Speaker 1: I like the second movie.
Speaker 3: It was the title round wait say what wait, reach around?
Speaker 1: Oh dude, okay, that's gonna be going Bob Dylan's movie is gonna be going again. I didn't know they were doing this. They redoing nots Feratu. It's the vampire with the buck teeth. Yes, bugs Bunny was have.
Speaker 3: You seen the trailer? No, looks scary.
Speaker 1: Okay, I gotta does. He had the bugs bunny type, bad taste scury.
Speaker 3: Oh really yeah, man, it's scary. Dude.
Speaker 1: Okay, Now.
Speaker 2: That dude was scary with the big old buck teeth and then these long fingernails. Never forget that stuff.
Speaker 1: I mean, oh he does look scary.
Speaker 3: Wow, that would hurt I'm telling you, if you never watch Midnight Mass I think it's on Netflix, you gotta watch it. Absolutely, It's one of the best series I've ever seen.
Speaker 1: I go back and rewatch that.
Speaker 3: I'd rather have a puppy teeth vampire.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, puppy teeth are sharp, man, you're talking them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but they don't hurt like buck teeth. I mean it's like the people. Ooh, you get to live forever? Sounds miserable. I don't want to live forever. Well, if you can be twenty five, how's life, Dave? Taking forever? Taking forever?
Speaker 1: Hey, hey, listen, try State Men's Health guys. It's hump day or or is it? You know what I'm talking about. I'm talking about ED guys. If you suffer from ED or maybe just maybe just starting to show the symptoms of ED, here's what you need to do. Get it correct at asap, and when you do, get it corrected with the absolute best. The absolute best is tri State Men's Health. Why do I say that? I say it because they have a ninety percent success rate at treating ED for men. Did you hear that? That's incredible? On ninety percent success rate? When it comes to treating ed and by the way, it's risk free. Here's what I'm talking about. Your appointment's ninety nine dollars and man, it's worth it. You get lab work done, if you get your blood results back, you'll be sitting across from a licensed medical professional within thirty minutes to go over all of your numbers, your PSA, your testosterone, all of that. Here's the best part, the risk free part. Then they're gonna give you a dose TESTOS. If the Testos doesn't work, well, your appointment's one hundred percent free. You get refunded your nine yhon dollars just like that. If it does work and chances are at will because they have a ninety percent success rate, well, it just gets applied towards your plan. If you choose to join guys, get your love life back, get your confidence back. Do it with Try State Men's Health. Go to try statemenshealth dot com. Stick Around Reeling in the Years is next with Courtney Donaho on news radio eight forty whas. All right, News Radio eight forty WHS. Welcome to Wednesday, Baby, We're almost there. Hang on, we'll get you to Friday. Listen. I want to ask you a question about your furniture. What's your living room look like? When you have guests come over, do you do the thing where you throw the bedsheet or.
Speaker 3: Cover over the couch.
Speaker 1: Susan and I used to do that. We had this brown seventies couchs It was ripped up. It was embarrassing your dining room, your furniture in your bedroom. It doesn't have to be that way. If you're not proud of it, go ahead and go to Sims Furniture. You won't believe the quality and the beauty of the furniture at SIMS Furniture on Dixie Highway also on Preston Highway formerly Fitzpatrick Furniture. Sim's furniture is nothing but high quality, beautiful furniture ready for you. They also sew mattresses and appliances. And listen to this. If you buy one thousand dollars or more, they're gonna throw in a free TV. So if you need a couch, a living room set, dining room set, bedroom set, why not go ahead and get a free TV along with it. SIMS Furniture is waiting to serve you right now. Comes with warranties. You're gonna love the gang at Sim's Furniture, Sims one M Sims Furniture, Dixie Highway by the courthouse, or the old Target building on Preston Highway as we bring in Courty, Dunaho. Hello, Hello, how are you, my dear?
Speaker 6: I'm all ready for you today.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, let's hope it's not sixties. But I got that feeling in the pit of my stomach. There's gonna be sixties for some reason. Oh great, he does.
Speaker 4: The All of these songs were top twenty hits back in the day.
Speaker 1: Oh, seventies Boogie Wonder Lane. This will always remind me of Caddy Shack.
Speaker 2: Oh the dining scene. Yeah, I'm thinking seventy eighties.
Speaker 1: No, well where did Caddy Shack come out?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 7: The problem is with the song like this is it was popular years before it became popular again.
Speaker 6: This is such a good song.
Speaker 1: If I was just here as a matter of fact, with Philip Bailey.
Speaker 8: Oh he's saying a good song with phil Collins easy Lover, which I'm easy Love.
Speaker 1: I like seventies, I like seventies. In the seventies, Yeah, it's disco, so it's not as.
Speaker 6: Much my wheelhouse as sadies in nineties.
Speaker 4: Don't get those sad eyes because you don't know yet. Robert John so nice. They named him twice.
Speaker 1: Hello, yacht rock, right, this be yacht rock, wouldn't it.
Speaker 6: Oh, this is definitely on my yacht rock playlist.
Speaker 1: Hot pitch voice, he's got him and Leo Sayer.
Speaker 3: Leo Sayer should have been Leo Singer.
Speaker 1: Let's hear this high voice.
Speaker 6: On the podcast.
Speaker 3: Come on, Bob John, get there and walk up right here it is.
Speaker 1: This would be thrilling on the podcast. So I talk to the post and here we go on news eight forty w h.
Speaker 3: As No, Yeah, you're really good. Thank you. It's hard for me to get that high.
Speaker 1: Well, here, try this stuff. I like later seventies.
Speaker 3: I'm still on seventy seven, seventy eight.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's see if this does anything for you. Elton John, Mama can't buy you love.
Speaker 6: I have no idea.
Speaker 3: Usually daddy does that for you.
Speaker 2: Day's getting pretty good of dancing around the popular sears.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I see. It's when you're throwing a movie. Is when we get I know what we know.
Speaker 3: I've never heard the song for in my life.
Speaker 1: Next sold.
Speaker 7: No, I guess this is els.
Speaker 6: Okay, I'm going now, later in the seventies. Oh, this is a great song. This is radio.
Speaker 3: You can't change that.
Speaker 6: Yes, I love this song.
Speaker 1: Seventy eight, right, seventy nine, seventy.
Speaker 6: I absolutely love this song.
Speaker 3: They didn't play this in little radio.
Speaker 6: Wis love you? And you can't change that.
Speaker 3: You definitely know this song.
Speaker 5: Do I'll say.
Speaker 6: So many a day to feel this way.
Speaker 7: No, you can't change that.
Speaker 1: Woo woo woo.
Speaker 3: The only one I love and can't change that. Oh, I know the song. Yeah, Yeah, you're the only one I need.
Speaker 1: You can't change that.
Speaker 3: Your voice is very pretty today and you can't change that.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 7: If I actually pretend to really do it, well sometimes I can.
Speaker 1: Every day.
Speaker 6: No, it doesn't. If I'm like singing along, I'm not really paying attention.
Speaker 3: Oh, doctor hook, Oh, doctor h Oh.
Speaker 2: Season seventy nine, seventy nine, It's seventy nine.
Speaker 1: When You're in love with the Beautiful.
Speaker 2: Woom made the most eclectic group of goofballs ever.
Speaker 1: She gives them money.
Speaker 6: Report Beautiful wom mom who.
Speaker 1: Talks moneys to her I like seventy nine. On this Beautiful wom she pulls you to death with facts and figures.
Speaker 6: Touch the fact something.
Speaker 1: Talks about the jobs, talks about the dads. Here we go, Here we go, Here we go. The beautiful.
Speaker 6: Who talks about the down.
Speaker 1: Talks about the death, talks about the death, talks about.
Speaker 3: The jobs report.
Speaker 7: Job who brings the jobs report?
Speaker 4: The number one song August the seventh, twenty twenty four, one of her two top ten hits at the moment, the other being hot Stuff.
Speaker 3: This one bad. It's either seventy eight or seventy nine.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, I keep wanting to slide back in seventy eight, and she's confident. Hey, Courtney, this is me on the horn.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, but a long ramp this one today.
Speaker 7: Oh, it's it's worth it for the this green intro, Bad Girls.
Speaker 6: Talking about the sad Girls.
Speaker 3: This was I think in the movie Foxes with.
Speaker 1: No Chrissie McNichol and Molly ringwalf Now.
Speaker 7: On the street at night.
Speaker 3: All right, we're final guests.
Speaker 2: I'll like seventy nine, Yeah, Courtney says, nineteen seventy nine.
Speaker 4: Dave Jennings, all Right, Bad Girls Down a Summer was number one August the seven, nineteen seventy nine.
Speaker 3: I was thinking, you gotta trust Courtney.
Speaker 7: I if I had become confident on something. Yeah, yep, I was like seventy.
Speaker 6: This really did it.
Speaker 7: You can't change that is the song that made me go seventy nine.
Speaker 6: Such a good song, just too. But you can't me from loving. You know, you can't change that. When I get off the air, I'm going to play that for myself.
Speaker 3: All right, all right, Well, the panic.
Speaker 7: That recently royal the financial world seems to be subsiding. We do see the down once again, higher up three hundred and twenty three points, the S and P five hundred rising one point three percent.
Speaker 8: Not love and can't change that.
Speaker 7: With the news Radio eight forty wha s Bloomberg Money Report, I'm Courtney Donahoe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, News RADIOID forty whas Tony and Dwite chill bride you by the Kentucky Office of Highway Safety.
Speaker 1: I guess you can tell by the music. Our next guest is Chad. Chad Daniels joins the show his new Netflix Specials Out actually came out last month. Hey Chad, how you doing? Man?
Speaker 5: Oh, I'm doing great. That song was awesome. I didn't even know.
Speaker 1: In the great Yeah, it's a complicated song, but you know, we have lyricists. We have lyricists that work with us. Hey, listen, you're not gonna be anywhere near Kentucky on your tour schedule, but people can still catch you on Netflix. New comedy special Empty Nester dropped in July on Netflix. It's doing quite well, isn't it, Chad.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's been kind of fun. I didn't realize that so many people are either about to go through empty nesting or have been through it, because I've been getting a ton of messages like did this happen to you? It's been on a fun little community experiment.
Speaker 1: Now when you talk about when you talk about being an empty nester for the first time, I can't really get into a lot of the jokes that you do on the subject, but quite funny.
Speaker 3: They're all similar, though, Chad.
Speaker 2: We just did this with our two kids are in college and we in this past year and we really tried not to just be drunk and naked all the time.
Speaker 1: Right. They're like spring breakers though.
Speaker 2: People warn us, people warner us, just like, dude, you're gonna be drunken naked all the time, just keep an eye on it.
Speaker 3: We're like, oh, that won't be us.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I found myself eating a pizza without cutting it. Let's see what happens.
Speaker 1: Look, Chad Daniels are our guest comedian Chad Daniels his special one of his specials, his newest one on Netflix, Empty Nester. Over a billion total streams of your albums. That's gotta be what's that feel like? Man?
Speaker 5: I don't know. It feels like I should be richer. I don't know who's divvying up the money over at the over at the track place. But no, I mean it was really cool when they sent that to me. I actually had to go, is this with a B? And they sent back, yeah, that's not a typo, so, you know, pretty cool. And then I didn't even know they had comedy over at Pandora until I was in Spokane, Washington once and this guy yelled out, hey, do the do the bit about I hop? And I'm like, how do you know that bit? And he goes Pandora and then everyone started cheering, and I'm like, what is going on right now? I felt like I didn't know something about my own career.
Speaker 3: That's crazy.
Speaker 5: Surprised me, it really is.
Speaker 2: I'm looking at pictures of your family, are these a did you hire these folks, because they are the most adorable family I've ever seen.
Speaker 1: In my life.
Speaker 2: Traveling comedians don't get families like that. That's not fair, just adorable. Your wife and the three kids and all three of them are gone.
Speaker 5: Is that you're saying, yeah, I got Well, you might be looking at a different picture.
Speaker 3: Oh I'm sorry, there's an extra kin in here.
Speaker 5: No, that's okay. I wonder what picture that is.
Speaker 2: Ok it's a Chad Daniels and there's three kids. There's two daughters and a son. I guess, well, do you know what? I take the compliment back?
Speaker 5: Well, how old is the oldest daughter? That could be my girlfriend?
Speaker 2: But hey, did any of your kids get the funny? Did they get it?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 5: My son is so dry. His humor is so dry that it's almost nerve wracking. Where you go, well, I hope I wake up tomorrow morning.
Speaker 1: So he's sarcastic dry. When he goes to school and he maybe goose on the teacher, how do you discipline him? That's what you do for a living. Or do you say, you know, that's a good joke and we write that down.
Speaker 5: I know, yeah, we do have to go like, hey, so here's the deal. You can't do that because you have to respect your teachers and they put up with a lot of crap. But also and then you just give him knuckles because it was so funny.
Speaker 1: Chad Daniels Committee, Chad Daniels is our guests been touring the country for over twenty years. How does that? I guess. I guess it takes a toll on a relationship obviously, but with kids, how did you navigate that? Man? Because a comic is not just sure you're home two days a week, whatever, three days, whatever it might be, but you're gone. You're away from the home the kids for the most of the year. Because I've seen your tour schedules. How difficult is that to maintain a family? Man?
Speaker 5: Yeah, well I only worked two weeks, like you know, probably Wednesday to Saturday. I would do that twice a month. But when they were little, it was before FaceTime and everything. So I would bring this gigantic book of bedtime stories with me, where every time I went through TSA, They're like, pull out this book and go really creep. But in between shows, I'd call them and you know, they'd be in bed and I'd read a bedtime story stuff like that. You just have to figure out a way to do it. But I wasn't gone.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: I actually did the math one time about how often I was home versus how often a guy with a nine to five job would be home, and the numbers were in my favor. It's hard to explain. It's hard to explain when you leave for an entire weekend. But you know, I was home before my daughter went to school. I mean I have danced to more Cinderella dances than probably any man in America because it was like I was just home the whole time in the morning with her and so not so bad, you know. And then and now it's great because you go on the road, tell stories about your kids, try to make enough money to pay for their therapy. When they hear the jokes, it's a.
Speaker 2: Good Now, did you have a transformation here? Because again I'm stalking you on social media right now, and you go from a couple of years ago you look like maybe a math teacher in grade school, and then now you look like the guy. You look like a dude that should have starred in Roadhouse, the New One.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I tell you what you tell me. I can't get a motorcycle, and I'm going to do some other stuff to prove you wrong.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's exactly right.
Speaker 2: Now you look great, by the way, uh, and you look great in shape and all that. So h there was a transformation, though you look tougher.
Speaker 3: Now. Was that on purpose or just by accident?
Speaker 5: No? I think it was laziness. I grew a beard one summer and then realized that I forgot. You have to keep track of your chins when you have a beard, and so I cannot shave it anyway.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 5: But but yeah, and then you know, I got the tattoos. I've had tattoos that were hidden my whole life, but then I decided to kind of let them creep down my arms a little bit. So you know now that the I just want to make sure my grandchildren are scared of me when I tell them to do something.
Speaker 1: So the new Netflix specials out right Now came out last month Empty Nester. Last year you did mixed reviews. Was your comedy special? You went on YouTube? Why the different platform from YouTube to Netflix is one superior to the other and he has got a better deal you shop your special round?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think that you know YouTube people can kill it on there, absolutely, but when you flash that little red n on your special, yeah, people seem to perk up a little bit. So got the opportunity to go on there and thought, let's just get some new eyeballs on this thing.
Speaker 1: Look, I'm fifty six years old, and man, you know when I was at the demo, you know, the twenty one year old whatever. Comedy clubs, it was a big deal. In the eighties. You couldn't swing a dead cab without hitting a comedy club. But now, yeah, they're all but gone. I will say this, man, Netflix has done a really good job of breathing life in the stand up comedy because they have so many any great comedians, including yourself with specials Now. I don't know who programs it, but I'm glad they did program it that way.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, this algorithm is nuts. I'm getting people that you know are messaging me like, hey man, no offense, hadn't heard of you till now, and I can't believe it. I went back and watched all your stuff. So they are getting it in front of people that like stand up and it's it's great because people are watching at home and then they see the special and they go, well, we got to go see this guy in an actual club, so they're getting off the couch.
Speaker 1: All right. Chad Daniels, Hey, listen, man, congratulations on the new Netflix special. By the way to podcasts. To find out everything and more about Chad Daniels, go to Chad Daniels dot com. Tour dates are mostly mostly West Coast at this point, but listen, Chad, thank you so much for the time.
Speaker 5: Man, right, absolutely, thank you. And if you guys could send me that picture with the three kids, I would love you.
Speaker 1: I'm gonst send it to Alan Ramofing and Romo Finger will send it to you.
Speaker 3: Okay, I got it.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's that's awesome.
Speaker 1: I love I see it. Chat there you go, chat chat chat chat chat.
Speaker 4: And if he's ever in Louisville needs a good deli, Lots of Pasta is the place to go. What a beautiful weekend coming up to sit outside and watch Saint Matthews just putter on by Tony.
Speaker 2: Lots of Pasta Louisville dot com. I was in there yesterday. Pimento cheese, Benedictie, the Ugly Dip of course, of course, the Ugly Dip, and and the and my.
Speaker 3: Favorite, the Rattlesnak cheese. I love it. The chicken salad, the pasta salad.
Speaker 4: Pasta, the chicken chipotle pasta salad, and a couple of sandwiches took him home back to the family.
Speaker 3: Was fantastic. Rabbing Go Baby.
Speaker 2: Grabbing Go is the best, dude, So check it out. It's lots of pasta, been around for over forty years, family owned. You gotta love that. And how have they stayed open when the place is like Trader Joe's.
Speaker 4: And because they're consistent, they make stuff right there, including a homemade pasta. They bake their ham there, they bake their turkey breast there.
Speaker 2: It there's no place like it in Louis. There isn't, right, So you you've got to check it out. The deli, the coffee shop, in the grocery store, all combined together right there in the cutest little place you've ever seen.
Speaker 3: There in Saint Matthew's. It's thirty thirty seven or thirty thirty. It's in Saint Matthew's right there. Tony brain's not working. I know.
Speaker 2: It's right next to the old Vogue seven seventeen Lexington Road in the Herd.
Speaker 3: Of Saint Maths.
Speaker 4: When you lost all that weight, did the brain cells just kind of fade away to muffin?
Speaker 2: Just now I just ate a muffin and the sugar has got in my brain, gotcha rotted.
Speaker 4: So you have to get the red light therapy. Then after after the show, I would think Weight Lost Centers of Louisville, Thank god I went yesterday. I'm going to again tomorrow.
Speaker 2: This muffin is the size of your head, Dave, and it's all saw it huge, it's all sugar. And now my brain I don't even take a mirror with him. I'm like, Oh, Weight Loss Centers of Louisville nin No. Six seventy one oh five is the phone number if you call right now. My wife and I both do the red light. It melts fat on your body and it's full body, your face, your head, your arms, your stomach, your butt, all of it, and you'll lose weight. To have a measuring tape in the office. Nine oh six seventy one oh five. Do one of these things for forty nine dollars and tell me you don't like it. So nine oh six seventy one oh five Weight Loss Centers of Louisville. Tell them you want the Venetti Special when it comes to red light therapy, call it now back after this hour three is coming your way on on news radio eight forty whis I'm telling you this muffin