Speaker 1: Welcome Just Hindaway Tagalog Sermon podcast, your daily dose of inspiring, heartfelt tagalog sermons from different factors and speakers all over the Philippines. We hope that this podcast finds you in good shame and now here's your message.
Speaker 2: You're listening to a podcast from Victory. Beware of false prophets who hinder people from finding the narrow road that leads to Heaven. Learn more about entering the Kingdom of God in Week fifteen of our series Redefined.
Speaker 3: Let's read the verses in Matthew seven, verses thirteen to twenty three. Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide, and the way is easy, that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. For the gate is narrow, and the way is hard, that leads to and those who find it are few. Beware of false prophets who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves. You will recognize them by their fruits. Our grapes gathered from torn bushes or figs from fizzles. So every healthy tree bears good fruit, but the diseased tree bears bad fruit. A healthy tree cannot bear bad fruit. Nor can a disease tree bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. You will recognize them by their fruits. Not everyone who says me to me, Lord Lord, will enter the Kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father, who is in heaven. On that day, many will say to me, Lord Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and cast out demons in your name? And do many mighty works in your name? And then will I declare to them, I never knew you depart from me, workers of lawlessness choices. I found out that there's actually three types of people, and the three people are first those who don't know that they actually have a choice. They never knew that they have a choice. You know. That's why we also send out people not just hearing the field, even mission to the mission field to those countries that haven't heard about Jesus Christ. They might not know that they have actually have a choice. Sometimes they just they're just born into a religion, born into a tradition, and they thought that that was the creator of everything. That's why we have work your own church here in Victory Greens. We have work in Canberra, we have work in Central Asia precisely for that. For those people who don't know that they actually have a choice, for them to know Jesus Christ and make the choice. Then those people who are afraid to make a choice. Before that was me. I didn't know how, I didn't know the step one, step two. I hope as I go through this you try to figure it out. Oh, maybe that's me, or maybe that's me. Third kind of people are those who don't want to make a choice. Don't want to make a choice. I know, let me just play this religion card as I like. But I'm not gonna make a choice. Why Because I'm enjoying this is me, this is my life. That's your life. Don't bother with my life. But you know, if you count yourself as a citizen of God's kingdom, a choice has to be so visible. The choice that you make has to be so fruitful and so clear. And John ad first of said again Jesus spoke to them, saying, I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life. If you are follower of Jesus, you follow follow the follow by faith, you obey him, you're under you submit to him. That's a choice. Maybe it's tough, Yes, it's kind of tough. That's why when you go through the different verses. Now it is very counter culture Galian and Jesus every time, every sermon, every message is it's really really hits hard. Why he's going against the culture. His counter culture is going against the norm how we do things like this versaid enter by the narrow Why would I enter the narrow gate when you're telling me there is actually a white gate? Naturally, what would you choose? White or narrow? White or naro? Can you imagine very narrow genes? But I'm narrowing up? Of course I would choose the white game. Why? Why? And and explained by furthering Jesus Why and easy? Of course, naturally will tend to go to the easier route because it's easier. But Jesus here is redefining our way of living, not choosing the easy, not choosing the easier route, not choosing the wider rout, but rather choosing something that is eternal. Why eternal? Because he said here this road leads to destruction, and the destruction here means death. Death means you go to Tanin misconception of people is that there are actually two doors, two doors, a white door and a narrow door, and both of them lead to one direction on one destination. That's not true. That's a lie. That's a lie. If somebody told you that, go get out here, first call him and said, if my pastor told me, you're a liar, because that's a lie. Two different destinations. One goes to heaven, one goes to hell. Which what would you choose? The white includes all religions of work and self righteousness, with no single way. It's easy, you know why it's easy. It's it's self centered. I'm happy, I'm comfortable. I can indulge in all my luho. It's worldly pressed pleasure. I remember in our home, in our in our home, while I was growing up. This is a very famous anecdote, Okay, of my of my parents to always tell me, you know, Larry, you have to work hard, Uh, Larry, what can happy go lucky? You know you have to work hard for stuff so that you can you can earn your way. You know, whatever you plant now speech, But I was even surprised that you told me about the stories story Longtau story about an aunt a diligent and do not be sloggered. Lo and behold, I found it in the Bible. It's it's there in the Bible. But what we often pick is the easy road, even though we know, we know that that's not the right road. We do cut corners, compromise. Why to make my life a bit comfortable, turn an extra buck there, I can cheat my way to school to usually graduate, And then that that's not it, that's not it. It does something in your heart, It does something in your person. There's something in your being that affects you. Jesus is pointing us to this, to this road, the narrow road, the narrow road where there's less people, few people. Why because it is the road less traveled. Why less traveled? Because it's hard. It's not easy. What what's hard? Maybe there's after taking that road, there's actually persecution. Why there's no people? Why? Actually no people? And that's why there's leads to there's few few people. Why because it's a hard road. But it's the right road that leads to life, not destruction, leads to not just your temporary life, but it turned a life. You know, the grace that God gave us for salvation, it's not just for salvation, it's actually redeeming our life right now until we reach Jesus Guy for our glorification. It's step one, two and three. That's the same grace. There might be persecution, hard the hard road. Nobody's there, you're you're you're the only one there, and there's persecution. Sometimes you can be unpopular. If you turn around from if you get if you get so convicted, turn around from sin. Oh, you you're on your own. You're now the least popular. Before you're the you're the most popul You're always in the center, the center of attraction. Now you're in the center of attraction because people try to get away from you. It's hard, it's not easy. But what do you do. Do you make a stand, do you make a choice, or you just follow the norm? You just be like the tumble with tumble tumble and tumble tumbatumba and you just follow people. Yes, sometimes it can be hard. The crowd is there, yourself your road that small. But checks a Facebook b F forever does a group shot that you know it's against the holiness of Jesus Christ that you follow. Would you stand up for it? It's also true that not all who choose the narrow way end up being blessed. Maybe not not yet Hebrews eleven. All of our father of faith, they never see the promises. But it's not about the promises. My prayer is not about the promise. My prayer is that when you come here, it's not an ends it's me. No, it's not. My prayer is that your goal is setting up something in heaven. In Hebrews thirteen, verse fourteen said, for this world is not our permanent home. We are looking forward to a home yet to come. If your goal is to stay here, to remain here, to be famous here, to be rich here, to be here on earth, by see ya, because we're going to heaven. If you feel like this is your your permanent this is it. This is your destination, this is your goal. Bye, because that's our goal with our creator in heaven. This is temporary. This is temporary. Everything, everything that we have right down is temporary. We can't even bring them with us when Jesus finally takes us. You know, kingdom living. Talking about kingdom living, the whole Sermon of the Mouth. Kingdom living needs redefining in our thinking. If you are kingdom living, you have to be forward thinking. Forward thinking means you're not thinking of the temporary, the now, three, five, ten years from now. No, no, no, What you're thinking is eternal life. What you're thinking is eternity. That's why when you approach a brother you help her brother. It's not because you want to be famous now, just to help him. Know you want to be able to minister and love him as Christ has love you, and set him even him for eternity. We are just here, but temporary. But what choices are you making? Narrow gate? This is the narrow gate, short term sacrifice, but then the promise is eternal life. The white gate short term gratification, short term loan, famous, now, happy, gung, comfortable, but then it leads to death or destruction. Take a pig. Choose the narrow way and redefine your living. Choose the narrow way and redefine our living. Let's continue. Matthew seven, verse fifteen said, beware of false prophets who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves. You know they say that a sheep would know the very tone of the voice of the shepherd, he would know. That's why Jesus here is warning us. Are you so established in the word, in prayer, in your church community that you cannot be dissuaded by anyone? Because false prophets would come out, not just before, not just in the Old Testament or in the New Testament, even now, even in our time. They're everywhere. False prophets were prevalent before and even prevalent now. Jesus said, beware of those words. Who's trying to entice you? As we live now in this in this world, in this temporary world, temptations are everywhere, left and right, open kon open, k actually open by temptation. You get tempted. But Jesus also tells us that we will be known for our fruits. In verse sixteen said you will recognize them by their fruits, our grapes gathered from torn bushes, or figs from fizzles. Fruits. Would would you know? Would you recognize if if you know that you are a son and a daughter or a daughter of God, you would know his voice? Would you recognize if that's a false teacher or that's a truth teacher. If it's a false or good teacher, you would know, you would recognize a good fruit from a bad fruit. Here the analogy is for grapes. You know torn bushes, torn bushes are are are see the plants black seeded plants parapum doua that when they sprout from afar, it seems like they're grapes. Would you recognize true fruit? Would you? Would we? So it's important as you grow deeper in your relationship with God, you grow with a community as well. The more you get into His word, put them, tie them upon your your your neck, put them in your heart. Meditate on it day and night so that it will grow in you. If you penetrate your penetrate your heart and make you grow and fruitful. Grow. Also in your church community. My prayer is that you're not just a tumbleweeding every Sunday in and out, that you're part of a church community. Being part of a church community, you are also accountable to each other. It helps you grow, helps us grow. The temporary world that we live in is full of temptation. It's full of temptation, and there are times that we would forget those teachings and hear falsely from our their prophets. Remember my mom would always tell us this, this, this story about the story of the moth, and a long story of the moth in story and remember that. Yes, okay, I'll show you a short video, younger one, okay, what's going on? It's the dialogue? Can you just play it there in the back?
Speaker 4: And I took only one. One is an Arab boy, the Lapp.
Speaker 3: I'm billing in.
Speaker 4: But the lab it's a boy, the mapam in it. I'm set up.
Speaker 3: The mapp.
Speaker 4: A boy.
Speaker 3: Alloy alright, so many baton go matin.
Speaker 4: Blano or for me it wasn't a boy.
Speaker 3: But did you do you know the moral of the story? Do you know the moral of the story? A more is is a month? That would be funny, but I don't know. We've heard of that story. But most of the time we we just a flicker of those stuff we forget. If the word of God is just temporary in our hearts. You reading them word in Pakistan dai or picture oh yeah, no verse for the week? Back then the verse of the week, young picture in pastor that's that's the verse of the month. For me. If it doesn't actually recide. You get attracted to so many things and then you become that that month that become burned. Make we we ought to make that choices. It has to be free with something. Have it be evident. It has to be seen talking about fruitfulness. Healthy tree cannot bear bad fruit nor disease. Tree bear good fruit, and talk about the fruit. Imagine with me this this apple tree. It's a flourishing apple tree. From the outside, the fruits, the greenness, but we don't see what's under the roots that's holding the tree so that any any strong wind, any typhoon, it won't fall. And those fruits are very roots are very vital because the nutrients go up. There your main source of water, main source of everything except also this. Of course, the sun leaves boyon, but it holds you firm down, it makes you grow, makes you fruitful. They won't be a good fruit or a bad fruit. I remember that one of the verses in some our prayers should be like we should be like trees planted by the stream of water that never runs dry, for us to be fruitful, for us to be used, for us to fulfill the very purposes of God in our lives, or you want to be like this tree. It's the same apple. It's it's an apple tree. But look look at that apple tree. Diseased, bad fruit or actually no fruit at all? What is it? What is it good for? Cut down and thrown it can be even used for for for for firewood. Cannot why because it's so brittle, it's so dry. They had useless. All you can do is throw it away. Let Jesus redefine our way of life. Let's make a choice. What is the choice that you're making. Good fruit? Good food is something that's fruitful. Good food is a healthy tree or bad fruit, disease tree, cut down and thrown to the fire. Let me let me past here before I continue to the next part. I don't know what season you are in right now. Maybe seemingly you look like you're a good fruit may contin bua, may contin green green, But met you on the side, it's turning brown a bit. Maybe there's disease. Are actually starting to creep in one root at a time. We don't know. Only God knows, but maybe you know, you know, ask the Lord as that means you have to see God, because God can revive even dead plans that's his promise. And those relationships that you're in, if they're seemingly they're kind of dead or dying, commit them to the Lord. Put it under his feet and say, Lord, you are the Lord over everything. You're sovereign about anything. But you have to make a choice. You have to hear from God. You have to know that you're in that relate right relationship with God. Third point here is two followers. What are you? Are you a true follower or a nominal follower. Matthew seven, verse twenty one said, not everyone who says to me, Lord Lord will enter the Kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father, who is in heaven. Most often times we use religion as our ticket to heaven. Son, I need to church, may favorite seat, may may. Maybe you're victory group, maybe you're serving in different ministry ministries, and we use that as our ticket to heaven. I'm sorry, that's not a ticket to heaven. Only a right relationship founded by that love that Jesus gave on us a that cross and promises because he lived after three days, that eternal life, embracing him as our Lord and savior. That assures us of our ticket to heaven, not religion, not playing religion. Not every one of us here are going to heaven. Do you realize do you realize that? Do you realize that not everyone? I would love everybody of us here to be in heaven. I pray even for my children that they would obey God, they would submit to the lordship of God, so that we'll see each other in heaven. But it has to start from you making a choice. Would you make that choice? It's a bold choice. It's saying turning away from sin. It's saying I don't want to compromise, even though sayang or BAHAMAI chan Spain Christians and to follow God into relationship not men. You have to make those hard choices. We ought to make those hard choices, you know our heart. For God to send his son to die for us on that cross, it's hard, but he said yes because he loves us, So you know how hard. I'm just thinking, how hard is it for Jesus to say that I'm willing to be crucified for us? It u was hard, but he did it anyway because Daniel that that's the only way for us to get to God, to get to heaven. We ought not to be like those Pharisees, that we're just doing religion, praying religion for nothing Verse twenty two. On that day, many will say to me, Lord Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and cast out demons in your name and do many mighty words in your name? He's telling us here, not because you did in my name? Said it three times, emphasizing not. I'm not after religion. I'm not after all the works of your hand. I'm after your heart. I'm after what's inside your heart. It's not what you have done, what we have done in his name, but what He has done for you and how you have committed your life to him. If it's all about what we can do, maybe we fal there in a while, Lord, but it's after our heart, commitment of our heart. What is that choice? Choice to be a nominal follower, nominal follower you, we say, Lord Lord, it's but lip service you do otherwise, or many works just religion going with the flow, or workers of lawlessness, I say, hypocrites. Or we want to be true become true followers, submits to Jesus lordship and does the will of God the Father as he did as Jesus did on that cross, you know, Church, he started with this about choices and what what choice do you have to make? Which one? Which one? Looking at it now, it's it's more than a choice. It's absolutely about lordship, and sad to say it shouldn't be left to us to choose. Because of what Jesus did on that cross, it is only but natural for us to submit under his lordship. You want a successful life, you want a successful marriage, You want to you want your kids to be successful kids. You want to be successful in school, you want to have a successful business. You have to. You want to have success in life, Submit to his lordship. Submit to his lordship. That's the key. In One Peter three, verse fifteen said, but in your hearts, honor Christ the Lord as holy, because he is holy. Inclosures two verse six says, therefore, as you receive Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in him. That's lordship. We walk because we do not see, but we walk by faith. We know what he has done, and his promises in us are true as in Just like as a symbol, you just hold your heart, touch your heart, say, Lord, is my heart for you? Is my heart being kept pure? And holy, because I only have you here. It's not about it more than conviction. It's about confessing that in our hearts, in our words, in our deeds, in our minds. It's all about you, Jesus, that your name is lifted. High Lord. We falter in so many ways, But Lord, we know, Lord God, that you don't count record of our wrongs, and your mercy is new every morning. So Lord, we repent. Lord, lead us to that narrow gait that assures us truth, repentance, and faith. Lord. I pray Lord for each one of us, Lord God, to submit to your lordship Father, not thinking, not looking at what's comfortable, what's confusing, what's very complicated, but rather look unto you, the author and perfector of our faith, whose grace we can rely on, who's true, never leave us, nor forsake us. Lord, I pray this right now. There's something that you have to submit to the lordship of Jesus Christ. And you know that he's been nagging and nagging and nagging you time and time and again. My prayer is that you would lay it at your feet right now. Let this day, let this time, let this place now be that author of yours that you're not looking at things that you would sacrifice, but rather, Lord, that you would rather look at the Lord as the ultimate sacrifice, to free us from anything, to free us even from sin, to save us. Lord, you even know R got the fears that we might be going through the anxiety as we release all of this. Father, But remain true, remain true to your promises that you're all I need, that you're all we need. Father, right now, So Lord Lord, I release Lord God, my brothers and my sisters. It's any of this, Father, Thank you, Lord. We now submit our lives to you under your lordship. Lord, we claim right now a victorious life, a life Lord God, Lord, that we will be assault and light, whether in our homes, whether they are school, whether in my family. Lord God, do we even pray Lord for restoration. Upon restoration, let a wave of restoration and healing, Lord God come upon right now in our very homes, in our very lives. Father, and thank you because all of this is pleasing to you, because all of this is glorifying you. Thank you for listening to this message.
Speaker 2: For more messages like these from other Victory centers, please visit Victory dot org pH slash resources Slash Podcasts.
Speaker 3: Thank you for listening. We hope that you enjoy today's episode.
Speaker 4: Don't forget to share and subscribe to this podcast for more.
Speaker 3: God bless you all.