Speaker 1: It's night Side with Dan Ray WBZ Costs Radio.
Speaker 2: All right, our number two coming up here on a Friday night. It is Friday night, the twenty seventh of September. The year is moving by much too quickly. I think we can all agree upon that. But we're supposed to have a nice weather weekend, so that's a plus, that's for sure. We have to enjoy all of these fall weekends because fall weekends turn into winter weekends. And winter weekends in New England wonderful for the skiers, but for lots of us who are city bound, you got to deal with the consequences of a snowy weekend. It can be tough. You kind of spend a lot of time inside. But we are moving into a conversation which I think is an interesting conversation, and it is brought into focus for us by a visit that the President of Ukraine, Voladimir Zelensky made to the United States. He came here, come here several times, as he's continued, to the surprise of many people, fight for two and a half years with Russia, and it actually would seem to a lot of us that maybe Russia is back on their heels at this point, for those of you who haven't followed it closely, the Ukrainian troops have actually made incursions into Russia. There have also been some missiles fired by Ukraine at targets inside Russia. Russia continues to hold some territory on the east of Ukraine which Russia initially invaded. That line of demarcation moves back and forth, and for a while now it would appear that well they've sort of reached the stalemate, although although Ukrainian troops have in the last few weeks actually crossed the border into Russia. So it's not a war that we are following as closely as we did. The thing that I think we should be able to agree upon is that Ukraine has done much better than maybe many people expected. Many people expected that the Russian military would roll right into Ukraine. So yesterday Vice President Harris talked held a joint I don't say it was a joint news conferences, sort of a joint appearance with the President of Ukraine, and just to give you a sense of what the Vice President has been saying. Of course, the Biden administration has been very supportive of Ukraine. They have tried to keep a leash on Ukraine, meaning they have given them weaponry at various points. That always Ukraine has asked for more weaponry and more advanced weaponry than the Biden Harris administration has been willing to give. But at this point Ukraine has actually gone on the offensive. So this is the Vice president yesterday with President Zelenski. This Vice President cut number twenty please Rob.
Speaker 3: We also know that other would be aggressors around the world are watching to see what happens in Ukraine. If Putin is allowed to win, they will become embolden. And history reminds us, and history is so clear in reminding us the United States cannot and should not isolate ourselves from the rest of the world. Isolation is not insolation.
Speaker 2: Okay, That I think is the tone of the Biden administration. And then one other SoundBite from the Vice president. This is cut number twenty c Rob, twenty C.
Speaker 3: However, in candor to share with you, mister President, there are some in my country who would instead force Ukraine to give up large parts of its sovereign territory, who would demand that Ukraine accept neutrality and would require Ukraine to forego security relationships with other nations. These proposals are the same of those of Putin, and let us be clear, they are not proposals for peace. Instead, they are proposals for surrender, which is dangerous and unacceptable.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's hear from former President Trump. He held sort of a joint event, a meeting a Trump Tower in New York City today with President Zelensky. I don't believe that President Trump had been in Lensky's president or have been with Zelensky for above five years. The Biden administration arguably has been consistently supportive of Ukraine, again with limitations, but this is President Trump today. Obviously Vice President Harris was referring to Donald Trump because Trump is talking about well, let's hear what he has to say. Got thirty six, Rob.
Speaker 4: This is a war that should have never happened.
Speaker 2: In another meeting in the near future between.
Speaker 4: You could very well happen. But I think the President said it the best. This is a war that should have never happened. It should have never happened, and it wouldn't have happened.
Speaker 1: It's a shame.
Speaker 4: But this is a war that should have never happened, and we'll get it solved.
Speaker 5: It's a complicated puzzle, very complicated puzzle. But we'll get it solved and people get on with their lives. Too many people dead, too many beautiful cities. I've seen those cities are so beautiful, and that you know for I don't know how you can ever rebuild them the way they were.
Speaker 2: It's not possible, by the way, to us will it's it's.
Speaker 5: A beautiful country, beautiful weather, beautiful, beautiful everything.
Speaker 2: But we have to get this uplis.
Speaker 4: But it's a war, and the president away is this is a war that should have never happened. Okay, thank you very much, so much, thank.
Speaker 2: You very much. So Obviously President Trump is emphasizing that it would not have happened if he had been elected in twenty twenty. Zelensky is doing what Zelensky needs to do, and that is to meet with both of the presidential candidates. One of them will be the next president will be the forty seventh president of the United States, either Vice President Harris or former President Trump. One final quick comment from Donald Trump, because obviously he is talking about his ability to bring Zelinski and Putin to get other to end the war. That is what he's talking about. Cut thirty seven run.
Speaker 4: They also have a very good relationship, as you know, with President Putin, and I think if we win, I think we're going to get it resolved very quickly.
Speaker 2: I really think we're going to get it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you know, it takes two to tango, you know, And.
Speaker 2: So take take what you want from that. Again, the audio not exactly clear what what Zilensky was saying, but that's the setup. That's the setup. Now a little context. Putin is very upset, very upset with the fact that Ukraine has gotten weaponry from the United States, which has allowed Ukraine to fire missiles inside the inside Russia. And this is a comment that made recently, might even be as recent as yesterday. This is through a translator, but you'll understand what he said. This is cut number twenty one.
Speaker 6: The updated version of the document proposes that aggression against Russia by any non nuclear weapons state, but with the participation or support of a nuclear weapons state, should be regarded as a joint attack on the Russian Federation. The conditions for Russia's transition to the use of nuclear weapons are also clearly defined. We will consider such a possibility as soon as we receive reliable information about a massive launch of aerospace attack means and their crossing of our state border, meaning strategic or tactical aircraft, cruise missiles, drones, hypersonic missiles, and other aircraft. We reserve the right to use nuclear weapons in the event of aggression against Russia and Belarus as a member of the Union State. All these issues have been agreed upon with the Belarusian side and with the President of Belarus. This includes cases when the enemy using conventional weapons poses a critical threat to our sovereignty.
Speaker 2: Well, that's pretty obvious. That's pretty obvious. Is he threatening? He's threatening, But will he follow through on that threat or is he just threatening? That's for you to decide, wish of the two candidates, Vice President Harris a former President Trump, would you if that is that is your most important issue? And it might not be, But on that issue, which of these candidates do you have more confidence in? The vice president or the former president six seven two five four ten. We're going to do a lot of this in the next few weeks. I guarantee you we'll try to break down issues and make you think. And by the way, I will also tell you that later on tonight at eleven o'clock we will conduct our it's actually our seventh end of the month poll. We started in March, April, May, June, July, August, and now September. We will ask you in the twentieth hour of the week to just tell us who would you be voting for if the election were held today. The principles have changed. We started off with President Biden, former President Trump, and Robert F. Kennedy Junior. That has all changed. Robert F. Kennedy Junior is no longer in play and Joe Biden has withdrawn as the Democratic nominee. So it'll be an interesting, a clean one on one tonight during the eleven o'clock hour. But I want to focus on Ukraine. Which candidate do you whatever you see as the result. I mean you might look and say you want peace quickly, or you might say, hey, we want Ukraine to do what it has to do. It doesn't matter what your focus is. Which candidate do you have more confidence? It's in you have only two. You got to choose one six, one, seven, two, four, ten thirty, six, one seven, nine, three, one, ten thirty. We will talk about this until nine until ten and my intention unless you want to talk about it long and my intention is to talk about what's going on in the Middle East. Today, Prime Minister Benjamin Nett Yahoo gave a very very compelling speech. I'll try to use a word that is a neutral word. A compelling speech at the United Nations today, and shortly after that speech Israel hit what they believe is the headquarters of Hespola and underground headquarters in the southern part of Beirut, which may have killed the leader of Hespolah in the Middle East tonight is it's getting a little hotter over there tonight back on night Side after this.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan ray Mine from the Window World.
Speaker 4: Night Side Studios WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: So what I'm asking you to do tonight is to look at one issue, and that is Ukraine. And you may support one of the candidates and decide that they're the best choice on every issue. Or you may have some candidates that you like on this issue, some candidates you like, a candidate you like on the other issue. It does it doesn't matter. You can be a diet in the world. Harris supporter died in the wild Trump supporter. If they if you support them, tell us why. And if you happen to disagree with your candidate on this issue or feel maybe the other candidate position is more to your liking. That'll be interesting too, just trying to figure out one of the most important issues and how people feel about it. So that's what we're doing. We'll do this for about an hour. The only line open right now is A six one seven. Going to start it off with Rashid and Torchester. Rashid, who do you think would do a better job in terms of Ukraine?
Speaker 7: Well, I think that President Trump would. One of the reasons why I'm drawn to President Trump is because I am an isolationist. I don't believe that America should get in the affairs of other nations. And I think that it's a pretty simple fix, and it's a simple fix that President Trump would be capable of. And we tell both sides. We tell Zelenski there will be no more welfare from the United States of America to continuelessly fund your endless war for Russia. And we'll tell Putin that if he does doesn't stop, will knew him? Pretty simple stuff.
Speaker 2: I don't know you want to tell you would really tell tell Putin that, what do you think President.
Speaker 8: Well Trump was telling Putin through Pompeo that hey, if you do something crazy, we're gonna drop everything we have on you. That from will turn Saint Petersburg into a pocket lot. And he was threatening Putin with with the bombers we have in Germany to completely obliterate him if he makes any weird moves into Ukraine. But also President Trump respected the Treaty of Budapest, he respected the borders, and he did not have an interest when I think when he had a press conference with Lensky, I think five years ago, he was like, you know, we would like if you would figure out your issues with President Pulin. And I think that when we look at the Democrats, especially President Fighting and President Obama, there's always been some level of regime change in Russia, whether they're throwing a coup, which they did in twenty fourteen, I believe to get rid of their democratically elected president to put in somebody that's anti Russia. Like, let the people Ukraine decide what they want to do. If they want to be neutral, wonderful. If they want to be pro America, great, If they want to be pro Russia, fine, But I have to ask you.
Speaker 2: This question, why do you think Ronald Reagan would come down on this situation? Do you think he would come down closer to Trump's position, closer to Harris is Biden's position.
Speaker 7: Well, I'm not the biggest fan of Ronald Reagan, but Ronald Reagan was a neo Khan, so I think that he would be on the side of President Biden. I mean, we've seen that ron Contra affair.
Speaker 2: An honest answer, that's that's I know that's that's an honest answer. I think you're right. I think that you've seen Russia or the Soviet Union as a as a danger to the to the free world.
Speaker 7: But you know, Dan, I think that we need to mature past this neo Khan globalist mindset and we need to look at it like this. I think that Russia, I'm not a fan of Pudin. I'm not a pro Russian person, but I think it's better for us to be friends with them than enemies, because look at what has happened with US isolating Russia. They are now becoming allied with China. So it's like we have more in common with Russia. I think the idea of NATO is ridiculous. I think that what's the point of having in alliance that we're all on Plushian energy. This is alliance to protect against Russia. They don't pay their bills and they rely on Russian energy. How about we all work together, and how about we rebuild a relationship with Russia and have a peaceful future for our children, and we could just focus solely on China and what's happening in the Middle League.
Speaker 2: I got you down clearly, as you think that the the the Trump policies are policies that that you you support in terms of Ukraine. That's fair. That's fair. I appreciate it. Good good argument, Thanks Rashid. Let's keep rolling here. Let me go to Patrick don in DC and Washington. Patrick, which of these two candidates are you more comfortable with just in terms of just Ukraine?
Speaker 9: Just just absolutely just Ukraine. And then I don't want to say anything negative against our American daughters, the vice president, but I'm going to fully agree with President Trump when he states if this war should never happened, and it would not have happened if he was in the old office. I also believe that he understands his adversary, mister Putin, is not his friend, mister Putin is his adversary, and mister Trump won't speak out both sides of his mouth. And as we look at history and understand what mister Putin is, we must understand the real politic in this. I believe miss Harris is just not fit into the puzzle of the real politic, and the real politic behind this is if you look at our mediate history and how the invasions of Ukraine began. Please excuse me, and I'm not here to offend anybody, and you cut me off as they stop right there, Patrick, But the white Russian did not listen to the black American male. He is definitely not going to listen to the black American mals under no circumstances. And good luck and anybody calling to.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, so okay, we're getting into an area. I'm not going to cut you off. But why do you think race would have anything to do with this? It would seem to me that the military that Putin would fear would be the American military, irrespective of who the president was, or is or will.
Speaker 9: Be, because he sees how they think and he's going to outthink them and will well, I'm sorry some of some of the people who have been elected in the American that we have elected.
Speaker 2: Okay, so I think what you're saying. I hope what you're saying is that that that Putin may look at the Democrats, some of the Democrats as an easier mark. Is that what you're saying.
Speaker 9: Correct, because he understands that softness in them that says.
Speaker 2: Nothing that's got nothing to do with race. I mean, if if Bernie Sanders was president or Elizabeth Warren was president, I don't think he would be looking at it from a racial point of view. I think he'd be looking at it from a well this there's another Democrat who uh who has been stung by American involvement in Vietnam and other places around the world, and I think that's probably what his mindset might be. I can't agree with you on that.
Speaker 10: I will I will, I will learn from you tonight, but I you know.
Speaker 9: I will look at my perspective of what real politics can be because those people over there have a backbone of will that we sometimes have lost.
Speaker 2: Well. Biden Biden has has has has joined Ukraine here for two and a half years. I was surprised that Ukraine was able to survive the Russian onslaught, were you not?
Speaker 9: Uh well, yes, and no. I think it should have been calculated that it should not have happened. As soon as you saw him building his stuff up on the border, he should have been cut off. I mean, if I don't disagree with that.
Speaker 2: By the way, that's the first point that you've made that I've I would agree with. I think that that once you, once uh something gets set in motion, it's tough to turn it around. It'll be tough for Putin to withdraw without being able to claim some sort of a victory. Ferrick or otherwise.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Yeah, it's serious.
Speaker 9: It's just it's a serious situation. Uh just I just believe that the the redhead will give him the evil eye and he'll back down.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll see, Uh I got you down, then you you for different kind of a different reason, but similar reason in many respects. You would receive him on the same page. Thanks. Thanks Patrick, I enjoyed the car. We're gonna come back. The only line we have opened right now is the one that Patrick is just vacating six ten thirty. Everything else is full. We're coming up with Gary. We'll also have Susan and Cambridge. We got Rick in Pennsylvania, Jerry Done and Raynham and we get room for you at six point seven two five. Well, just filled. We'll be back right after this.
Speaker 1: You're on Night Side with on Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: Okay, so we're basically asking you a question through the lens of Ukraine. Which presidential candidate do you have more confidence in? Vice President Harris a former President Trump. Let me go to Gary and Northbridge. Gary, you next on Nightside. Go right ahead.
Speaker 11: Hey, Dan, you've been I've been doing just great.
Speaker 2: Gary, Thanks for checking back. What's what's your take on this topic. I we're going to do this on a lot of topics, by the way, and in the next few weeks, we're coming up on about five weeks that the election is going to be here before we know it.
Speaker 11: Sure, it's coming close. I mean, look, given the choices, I would I would go with Trump only, I think for lack of other choices maybe, but I think his policy on this. Okay, So this policy is let's stop this nonsense. And the reason I say nonsense is because we have to look at this a little bit deeper. And I have a feeling that he's onto something here. I know people like to make fun of him, and I even make fun of him sometimes, but I mean, this is so clearly. I mean, Russia is arguably the maybe first, second, or third most powerful nation in the world, and you've got the Ukraine, which has very little standing. If we were going to rank them. Now, we can give all the weapons and all this stuff, and we've give them all this great stuff, but just sheer body count army versus army, there is no way that Russia actually loses this war. So there's something going on, and well that's not what your show is about tonight, so we're not going to talk about that. But this needs to end because there's something funny going on here. There's a lot of money flowing and it seems very very odd that this massive country, you know, so strong, can't make any inroads and this has to become an endless, forever war because they really wanted the Ukraine. They just take it. Let's face it.
Speaker 2: Well, here's the I thought that back in the when the war started, and you know, in twenty twenty two, I thought to myself, Okay, this is going to be a couple of weeks and they'll just roll. But obviously Ukraine has stood the test of time. Now, I don't know if it's the strength of the spirit of the people, but I agree with you on paper, it's like watching a football game and one team is a twenty one point favorite, and you're going into the fourth quarter and it's tied seven to seven. It's like, what's wrong with this picture?
Speaker 11: It almost seems purposely mismanaged. It just just something thinks about it by putin, by I think by Putin because I'm not so sure. Well, because you've got when you look at all of arts and all, when you really look at the whole picture and the close relationship between the two countries and the populations of the two countries, it almost seems like it's not like he's like he's trying to do something that he's not really saying what he's trying to do. But there's something more here that we just aren't either privy to or or or aren't maybe enlightened enough, you know, in that group to really see that this Because if you've got billions and billions of dollars exchanging hands, arms are flowing around all over the place. I mean, it is crazy, and it's not just them shooting back, because if they really wanted it again, they could just mask their army and just march in and would share numbers, just take them out. But they don't want to do that, so they don't want to destroy the country or they just would they they want to an accident. Yeah, well you know they have, but when you come down to it, they I don't know, this is not you know, I can't think of a good analogy.
Speaker 2: Do you think? To me, it's like, do you think that that Trump has some sort of a magical formula that he has some sort of a hold on Putin where he's going to say no?
Speaker 11: So I think there's the hold. I think he gets what we don't only because of where he's been being the past president. He knows things that we simply don't know. And I think if he was the president, I think he would just simply say, guys, enough, we're not going to keep funding this and you're not going to go in and slaughter them, and when they're not joining NATO, and what's the next topic. You know, I think you might be right. What happened?
Speaker 2: You might be right.
Speaker 12: Gary.
Speaker 2: You threw something on the table. I think is interesting. Great call. Appreciate it very much. I really do.
Speaker 11: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Right now, let me go to Susan in Cambridge. You love to get Susan's take. Hi, Susan, how are you tonight?
Speaker 13: I'm good, Dan, and I'm glad you're just discussing this topic. I thought that this was one of Harris's strongest moments in the debate. You know, when she and kind of surprisingly but when she said, you know, to Trump that Putin would eat his lunch and at that point it kind of her saying that at that point in the debate when she was actually starting to eat his lunch, and then the course of the debate itself kind of really drove it home. He looked weak, He looked very weak. And so what.
Speaker 2: What do you think Harris would do? I mean, I assume you're going to tell me that Harris would be a better as a president. I think I know your Harris supported, which is fine. Tell me what she would be able to do, uh, in terms of Ukraine that that would be more effective than what Trump would would try to do.
Speaker 13: Well, First of all, I disagree with the notion that or I think it's a bit simplistic. The notion that you know, as Trump said, this wouldn't have happened, you know, on his on his watch.
Speaker 14: And.
Speaker 2: There's no doubt that.
Speaker 13: Well, because here's the thing though, is that can we agree that that Putin pretty much thinks now that he's president for life. Yeah, so he's right, So he's he's got the long game in mind. So why would he so he can sort of pick and choose like when he's going to do things. And so when he's got Trump in, who's you know, dissing, dissing NATO, destabilizing democracy in the US, Like why would he want to make Trump look bad by going into Ukraine? Then he wouldn't, So I understand why he went in now, But your question.
Speaker 2: Is because of his friendship. So you know, I use that in air quotes with Trump. He didn't want to embarrass Trump. He goes in when Biden.
Speaker 13: And Harris he's getting things. He's getting things from Trump that that are also long term sort of goals.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 13: Well, again, the stable, the dis respect and disregard for NATO, which he would love to see NATO just you know fall apart, wouldn't he And well Trump.
Speaker 2: Basically and again I want to argue with you, But I mean Trump said to NATO, hey, you know this country. It's funny back thirty years ago, Ronald Reagan was and al Hague, they were big NATO guys because they felt that we needed NATO. Where do you think Ronald Reagan would fall on this issue right now? I mean, I don't think that Ronald Reagan would be happy that Russia was in Ukraine again. Ukraine is striking back. You heard the sound bite from Putin through the translator. You would all worried that if Ukraine does something too spectacular that Putin might turn around and.
Speaker 13: Throw a tactically not really, I mean at this point, he's been threatening that on and off since the beginning, and that that has been an underlying fear of people, and it's been a reason why I think the Biden administration has kind of kept the you know, kept Ukraine a bit in check, and then they're giving him a little more relation, a little more relation. I don't think it's let me ask you this unch they were to do something really stupid. Okay, I don't think they are going to do anything really.
Speaker 2: Question, do you see sort of an evolution here that the Biden Harris administration is the one that is talking the toughest. They sort of have inherited the Republican foreign policy of the nineteen eighties, while Donald Trump is sounding much more of kind of the traditional democratic politician. When Ted Kennedy in the nineteen eighties actually had a secret trip, I think it was to meet procedion in Russia. It was the idea that Ted Kennedy was trying to establish a different relationship with Russia. Do you see that switching positions that I perceive or no. I'm just curious, yes or no. I don't argue the plan.
Speaker 13: Maybe, but I think for different motives. I think there are different motives involved. Okay, so, but in terms of actual dis manifestation, I guess you could kind of say that. But the other thing to keep in mind is that no matter what happens, unless Russia really pays a big price and their army is just kind of decimated, their economy is decimated, regardless of what happens, and could turn around and sign an agreement, you know, in two weeks now. But keep you back again, because like I said, he's president for life, like there is Okay, I wouldn't trust I wouldn't trust any agreements.
Speaker 2: So you feel I just you know, clearly you and I have talked around each other a little bit here, but but you you feel that the person who should handle this in the best interest of the US would be Vice.
Speaker 14: President Harris Yes, and in the in the UH for the Western democracy, you know, not just for the United States, but just you know, Okay.
Speaker 2: Okay, thanks, thanks susing them up my break, So I gotta let you go.
Speaker 10: Good night.
Speaker 2: We'll take a break. Coming right back on night Side. Right after these messages.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World Nightside Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: All right, back to the phones. Let's try to get everybody in here. Jerry is in random. Jerry, You're next on Nightside. Go right ahead, Jerry.
Speaker 1: Hi.
Speaker 2: Dan.
Speaker 10: I was very happy to hear Susan refor the break there, because I was really getting a little disturbed by people talking about isolationists and we need to become isolationists, you know. I spent some time this summer in New Orleans and went to the World War Two Museum. I'm curious if you've ever been to that.
Speaker 2: No, I haven't, but I've been to a museum similar to that. They had a World War Two museum in for many years, by the way, which is quite quite impressive.
Speaker 10: Yeah. Actually my brother went to that and he told me it was great. But this is the best museum in the country, and you would be surprised why it's in New Orleans. But they have an entire section devoted to the isolationist thing. Charles Limberg. A lot of people don't realize was an isolationist, and it was. And they have an entire room devoted to the people who pulled America to stay out of World War Two. And it all came up today when I saw Trump standing next to Zelenski in his maral Lago today.
Speaker 2: I believe that meeting was in New York today.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I'm sorry, that's right, Trump Tower, You're absolutely right with a frunt tower. Sorry about that, no problem. But he's standing to Zylensky and he's saying, how there's the stuff going on in Russia and Ukraine is the worst thing that's ever happened to the world. And it's that hyperbole that you know, Zelensky was obviously he needs to do something to appeal to both of the candidates, but it was so cringe worthy and I thought back to my father, who fought in World War Two in the Pacific theater, and what he would be thinking today listening to somebody trying to be president of the United States this time a second time around. Talking like that, you bring up break in.
Speaker 2: There's a good in all fearness Jr. There's there's a good tradition with the Democratic Party. You know, George McGovern in nineteen seventy two was you know, considered the peace candidate. There's there's been, you know, a tradition within the Democratic Party to to to just not to get involved as much in foreign activities. You call it isolation, but in his core, that is exactly what it was.
Speaker 10: I totally agree that kind of weird period in history. Well, it is weird in history. The Democrats is that one trying to save depocracy.
Speaker 2: The Democrats are now very much would be very comfortable with Ronald Reagan's foreign.
Speaker 10: Policy exactly weird. That was the question that I have a weird situation we're in as a country right now.
Speaker 2: Donald Trump almost sounds very similar on a lot of things to sort of the fortress America, the isolationist policy in terms from from a military perspective, not necessarily from an economic perspective. He will use arras extensively. Anyway, it's just for I find it funny. So you think obviously, Harris, So you you agree with Susan that Harris.
Speaker 10: Said, absolutely good. What I've been what I've been hearing right now is that Trump literally wants a d military. You know, when people say what's his policy and he's scared to say it. He wants a de militarized zone. This is what I've been hearing from the North Korea, South Korea, where you have a de militarized zone and Russia gets Crimea and that's his solution. And that's no solution at all.
Speaker 2: It would be like when Russia invade Jerry, don't yell at me, Jerry, Joe, you don't have to yell at me. I can hear you, Jerry Okay, can you hear me? Good?
Speaker 10: I can.
Speaker 2: Who took Crimea? When? When was Crimea taken? Not under Donald Trump? Was it.
Speaker 10: Twenty fourteen?
Speaker 2: Who was president?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 10: I understand Obama.
Speaker 2: We have the calls I got to get to. I was afraid you couldn't hear me. Jerry Okay, thanks so much for your call. Appreciate it. Let me go next to Rick in Pennsylvania. Come on, folks, you want to have a conversation, you want to yell at me? Go ahead, Bill, Rick, go ahead.
Speaker 1: Oh hello Dan, how are you tonight?
Speaker 2: Good? Rick? I was looking at Bill. He's one. He's coming up next, Go ahead, Rick, Okay.
Speaker 1: Well I want to say is that the time for diplomacy was when Putin was putting his troops and his bombs and his tanks along long the Ukrainian border. I was two and a half years ago. But see, here's the week. This is the week. This is the Biden Kamala Harris administration. They're a week on everything. They're totally weak. That could have been, they could have had talks at that time, but let that six week period of time just put the put everything together to attack Ukraine.
Speaker 2: Well, I think that was the time for diplomacy. I'm not not sure there's much diplomas opportunity for diplomacy now after millions of people have have died, you know, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, yeah, well it's a terrible thing.
Speaker 2: You shouldn't say millions, I should say you know, tens of hundreds of thousands have died.
Speaker 1: Well, that was the time that was the time to talk, that was the time to take putin in a different direction.
Speaker 11: You know.
Speaker 1: But see that's the weakness, that's the weakness of President Biden. He just doesn't stand up for international affairs and foreign policy.
Speaker 10: He just doesn't stand up for these things.
Speaker 2: Okay, So so you would you're you would feel Trump would be a better and more effective president from our interest in the World's interesting.
Speaker 1: I believe so because Trump Trump has more more experience in foreign policy. I mean, he met with the guy in North Kolokorea there, Kim jongong, He met with him.
Speaker 2: They both have about four years. He had four years as president and Harris has four years, well three and a half years or three and three quarters years.
Speaker 1: Well, well, the thing with Kamala Harris is that she's a lightweight. She's not going to be able to get anything done with fore.
Speaker 2: I mean that you might believe that that she's a lightweight, but I just think that's name calling. So you know, we don't have to u you know, you you don't have to attack people that way. I mean, she's a former United States senator, she's current former United States senator, current vice president. So I mean that's those are some pretty good credentials. Uh, Rick, I gotta grab one. I gotta I got a countryman of you was building from Pennsylvania. Thanks Rick, Let me go to building Pennsylvania. Build a get less than a minute before you go right ahead?
Speaker 12: Yeah, thanks Dan. Hey, I've been listening to you for years and never heard you yell at nobody. That was interesting.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you. It's just that when you when you when you're trying to have a conversation and the person just wants to talk over you. What else are you supposed to do? Am I supposed to say? Hey, here you go, Jeff, why don't you take the microphone and uh and run the show for the I mean is that I'm not doing?
Speaker 12: That?
Speaker 11: Was that?
Speaker 12: Was? That was called for? Hey, listen, Uh the way what I can't understand is, Okay, every time Celenski comes comes to our country, for as he walks out the door with what the other day they gave him another yesterday gave another eight billion dollars eight billion. Here, here's eight billion, here's six billion. I'll say Trump would do a better job because uh of what he's done in the past for the uh you know, he's taking he's taking out Uh, terrorists. Uh, and uh, he doesn't fool around. So I think this the problem with the Democrats these days is it's unending, unending diplomacy. You know, it's just it's just peace at any cost, and uh, it just goes on and on and on. And uh I think that, Well, ironically, there's not a.
Speaker 2: Lot of peace there. I mean there's there's there's not a lot of peace in in in Israel, in the Middle East. There's not a lot of peace. And by the way, we're going to talk about Israel, uh, next hour and specifically Benjamin you know who's speech today at the United Nations, which I thought was brilliant.
Speaker 10: Yes, I heard it.
Speaker 12: Hey, Dan Tamala is going down in the polls over here in Pennsylvania. I can tell you the women are not enthralled.
Speaker 2: Keep us posted and if you want, you can vote during a poll tonight at eleven o'clock. Everybody gets a haul.
Speaker 8: Of pasch Come back.
Speaker 12: All right, thanks, thanks.
Speaker 2: Bill, gonna run appreciate you call. We're done for now on this topic. We're gonna come back and talk about Benjamin Netanyahu and what has gone down in Israel today. It is a very dangerous set of circumstances that are colliding over there. We want to talk about it right after the ten o'clock news on Nightside