Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to Quiz Quiz Bang Bang. The pup quiz practitioner hits you po right in the quizzer. I'm Anny Flora, I'm David Flora, and we're here to teach you more about trevia than there are seasons of the Bachelor and Bachelor's spinoffs, and more bachelors get married. I don't even know what happens. They get a rose, I know that much, and they get eliminated, and they all go on dates.
Speaker 2: They're always in hot tubs.
Speaker 1: They're always in hot tubs. And there you go. Hey, David, speaking of hot tubs, we got a new patron.
Speaker 2: Someone joined us in our.
Speaker 1: Got weird. We're sorry, We're sorry. We'll just give you a normal shout out.
Speaker 2: Thank you Morgan.
Speaker 1: All right, we have figured out life, just the smallest of bits. Everyone, we're doing zoom trivia and October eighteenth, October eighteen, come join, be merry. It'll be a great time. It's free, and everyone who joins is always a delight So join some delightful people doing.
Speaker 2: Trivial Saturday eighteenth noon momtum time. And for those of you in the Crested Butte area, we'll be doing live trivia weekly starting October second, every Thursday at all month resort. Come play some free live trivia. We're trying it out for October seeing if we can handle it. So business Done Trivia upcoming ex so the show works. Quiz Quiz Bang Bang's format is four rounds of four questions, each followed by the answers. After round two, we'll ask a quick fire bang Bang question where you'll have a time limit to give multiple answers. After the fourth round, the show culminates with the Big Bang, a final round with three questions whose answers are all clues to one final question.
Speaker 1: Round one. Question one, the category is food and drink. Pilsner beer originates from which country? Question two. The category is literature. This question comes from listener Bobby. Thank you, Bubby.
Speaker 2: Thank you Bobby.
Speaker 1: How many total rings of power were there collectively in the Lord of the Rings? Question three, the category is society and culture. In Manhattan, the neighborhood known as NOH stands for North of What Street? Question four, The category is music. This question comes from listener Major Data.
Speaker 2: Thank you Major.
Speaker 1: What are the two terms for curved lines in sheet music? Linking notes together in some way? And now the answer is to round one. Question one, Philsnerbier originates from which country? The Czech Republic? Question two? How many total rings of power were there in the Lord of the Rings? Well, there were nine to men, seven to dwarves, three to elves, and one ring that deceived them all to Saurron, which equals twenty. Question three. In Manhattan, the neighborhood known as NoHo stands for North of Houston, spelled like Houston but pronounced Houston.
Speaker 2: Named after William Houston founding father, not like Sam Houston, who was a founding father of Texas.
Speaker 1: Not that founding father.
Speaker 2: He wasn't that foundery, but he did a lot.
Speaker 1: Question four? What are the two terms for curve lines and sheet music? Linking notes together in some way? You have your ties and slurs?
Speaker 2: Ties cause notes to be held for both of those note lengths, and slurs are just playing notes connectedly in a legato style. Round two. Question five The category is transportation. Where would you find threshold markings, designation markings, aiming point markings and blastpads? Question six category animals? What color are a reindeer's eyes in summer? Question seven category film? Where were Kevin's family flying to when they left him in home alone? Question eight Category theater, Which of Alison bechdel graphic novels was adapted into a Broadway musical? And now the answers to round two? Question five? Where would you find threshold designation, aiming point markings and blast pads at an airport, specifically airstrips or runways. Those are the markings you see on the runways there. Question six? What color are a reindeer's eyes in summer? This is not a question one spy asks another, although it could be the reindeer's eyes are gold in summer and then they change to what color in winter? Any silver?
Speaker 1: Because they got less of a meddling blue.
Speaker 2: Correct.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's that's an interesting You'd think it'd stay in the same family.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Question seven, Where were Kevin's family flying to when they left him in home alone? Paris, France.
Speaker 1: That's why it takes a minute to get back to him.
Speaker 2: Because no one wants to leave Paris, not even for a child. It's home alone. Question eight, which of Alison Bechdell's graphic novels was adapted into a Broadway musical Fun Home.
Speaker 1: I hear it's really good. I haven't had the chance to see it. That is it for the first half. That means it's time for the Bang Bang Round. The category for this week's Bang Bang Round is Society and Culture. You will have thirty seconds to answer the following question. According to Catholic Philosophe, what are the seven capital virtues aka the seven lively virtues? Your time starts.
Speaker 2: Now, and that's time. The seven capital virtues are chastity, temperance, charity, diligence, patience, kindness, and humility. Those are in opposition to the seven deadly sins.
Speaker 1: Interesting that the sins are so much more well known than the virtues.
Speaker 2: They have a better marketing team.
Speaker 1: Round three. Question nine the category is science. What element is the most commonly used to create nuclear energy? Question ten? The category is television? Which animated series was developed from two animated short films, both titled The Spirit of Christmas, released in nineteen ninety two and nineteen ninety five. Question eleven the category is tasty joystick. This question comes from listener Josh.
Speaker 2: Thank you jos say Josh, this.
Speaker 1: Is gonna be like a tasty lick where you combine a food in a band so For example, if I said this chocolate confection will have you living on a prayer, the answer would be Bond bon Jovi. But in the Tasty Joystick, we're combining a video game and a food. This beret wearing Maize runner escapes through grips of Inky Pinky Blinky en sou while feasting on power pellets and large tubal pasta stuff with cheese and baked with Marinara sauce. Question twelve. The category is geography. Which city has the largest significant urban area in Australia? And now the answer is to round three? Question nine? What element is the most commonly used to create nuclear energy? Uranium? Question ten? Which animated series was developed from two animated short films, both titled The Spirit of Christmas South Park. That's a fun question. Question eleven. This beret wearing Maize runner escapes the grips of Inky Pinky, Blinky and Sue while feasting on power pellets and large tubal pasta stuffed with cheese and baked with mare and Iri sauce. It's your favorite game in mind, Miss pac Man Nikatti.
Speaker 2: That's great, Josh, and don't be salty about pac Man versus Miss pac Man, you know it's miss pac Man because the fourth ghost is Sue, whereas in pac Man the fourth ghost is Clyde Classic.
Speaker 1: I mean, does the ghost have a little bereer no? Question twelve. Which city has the largest significant urban area in Australia? Melbourne. Significant urban areas represent an individual urban center or cluster of related urban centers with a core urban population of over ten thousand people.
Speaker 2: There are several cities that fall into that category, and Sydney is right behind Melbourne. Then, in terms of s UA, how Australia determines the difference there? But it's on their government website.
Speaker 1: So take it up with Australia.
Speaker 2: Somehow or another round four. Question thirteen. The category is language. This one comes to us from Knife from Kuwait. Thank you, Knife, Thank you Knife. In what year was English made the official language of the United States? Question fourteen category sports? Which Major League Baseball player just broke the record for the most home runs in a season by a primary catcher and a switch hitter? Question fifteen category mythology? In Chinese mythology, who is the Jade Emperor? Question sixteen category music. This one comes from listeners Sarah, Thank you Sarah, thank you. Sarah hunter X, the fictional band from K pop Demon Hunters is the first all woman collective with a song at number one on the Hot one hundred chart since what other group achieved that feat in two thousand and one? And now the answers to round four Question thirteen? In what year was English made the official language of the United States? Twenty twenty five? March first, Donald Trump signed Executive Order fourteen two twenty four declaring English as the official language of the United States. Question fourteen? Which MLB player just broke the record for the most home runs in a season by a primary catcher and a switch hitter. Cal Raleigh. He is a catcher for the Seattle Mariners and he is up to sixty I believe as of this recording.
Speaker 1: Wow, so he's still going with the record.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, there's still a few games left in the season.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: Back in the nineties you had Mark maguire and Samusosa vyeing for who could hit the most, and of course that was the steroid era, so it doesn't really there's asterisks, but I think Maguire ended up with seventy three with an asterisk. So cal Rally's got a little ways to go yet with just a few games left, but you know, yeah, it's still an impressive feed. They call him the big Dumper because he has a big butt. Question fifteen. In Chinese mythology, who is the Jade Emperor, the supreme Ruler of Heaven and the first Emperor of China? In Question sixteen, Hunter X is the first all woman collective with a song at number one on the Hot one hundred chart since what other group achieved that feed in two thousand and one Destiny's Child with what.
Speaker 1: Song Annie Boodylicious?
Speaker 2: That's correct. It's also the first number one for a K pop artist ever, and the second song from an animation to reach number one this decade.
Speaker 1: The first was we Don't talk about Bruno from Bruno Just Kidding end Contex.
Speaker 2: From Sasha Baron Cohen's.
Speaker 1: It'll be interesting to see if K Pop Demon Hunters breaks anymore records. It just keeps going crazy. That's it for the regular rounds, which means it's time for the Big Bang Round. The category for this week's Big Bang Round is Literature. We'll give you three clue questions, which are all hints to one final question. The clue questions may not fall under the same category. Question one, what word can be used to make two word phrases from the following words set star sorts?
Speaker 2: Question two in how many Bond films did Pierce Brosnan appear?
Speaker 1: Question three? What is the title of the Greatest Hits Album of the Beatles? Originally released in two thousand.
Speaker 2: And your big Bang question? Again, the category is literature. Planchet is made a sergeant in the Piedmont Regiment at the end of which novel?
Speaker 1: And now the answers to the Big Bang round. Question one, what word can be used to make two word phrases out of the following words set star, sorts, all all set, all star, all sorts. It tooks all sorts to.
Speaker 2: Be all stars? That are all said? Question two? And how many Bond films did Pierce Brosnan appear? Four?
Speaker 1: Question three? What is the title of the Greatest Hits Album of the Beatles? Originally released in two thousand one?
Speaker 2: And finally, Planchett has made a sergeant in the Piedmont Regiment at the end of which novel. The novel known for its motto all for one one for all the three Musketeers.
Speaker 1: I need to reread that what I think I've read it. That's why I need to reread it, because I'm not sure. I think it's one of those books I read in middle school, you know.
Speaker 2: Oh I think I read a kid's version of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, probably what I wrote too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but Duma is a good writer. Like I really liked kind of Money, Cristo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's excellent. I went through a classic book phase, you know, and they're like, who to read them? I'm a literary critic, David, and it's it's you know.
Speaker 2: That was your criticism.
Speaker 1: No, but that's that's my uh, that's.
Speaker 2: Your game face for reading, for.
Speaker 1: Reading these books. But then you then I was like, all right, I'm gonna read kind of Money Cristo because it's a classic, right, but it reads so modern and it's action packed and it's fun and it's it's great. So if anyone has been wanting to read some of the classics but is scared, well, you know, because some of them are like, Yep, you're gonna read better.
Speaker 2: You're gonna know about feudalism, heat about agriculture, tools of the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries.
Speaker 1: I mean, I just read Ulysses and I would not tell anyone. Here's a fun read. Knock this out. Have this be your first book. But yeah, kanamunti Christo is so fun, so I need to read Three Musketeers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Planchet I believe is D'artagnan's servant. He's just he's one of those like clever servants, you know how they used to do. Anyway, thank you for listening. If you like what we do, please consider supporting us on coffee. Buy us a coffee at kodsh fi dot com, slash quizbang pod, or join our Patreon like Morgan did. Yeah, at the five dollars and up level, you get a free xtray episode every month. Patreon dot com slash Quizbang. I hope everybody's doing well, Happy fall, Happy before and for this episode of quiz Quiz bang Bang. I've been David Flora.
Speaker 1: I've been an it Flora.
Speaker 2: Here's looking at you, quiz