Speaker 1: Something you should go Something you should know is brought to you by GENESISGOLDIRA dot com. That is also something you should know. You can put your retirement plan on the gold standard. Genesis Gold Group is the only IRA back by physical gold and Silver. Learn more and get a free Gold and Silver guide right now at Genesis gooldra dot com. Excited to visit today with Elizabeth Kahana also known as Ea Kahana, and she's got a new book out. It's called Come Join the Parade, and millions of people from all around the world will be tuned in tomorrow to watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade. And this is a really big deal. And the thing that's really cool, Elizabeth, you have like the very best vantage point ever to watch this parade right out your window, don't you.
Speaker 2: Yes, I do, third floor window. You could just reach out and touch those big antic character balloons. There's nothing like it.
Speaker 1: And so you got like the front row seat, best seat ever. You don't have to be out. It doesn't matter if it's cold, if it's windy, any of that. You get to sit in the comfort of your own home. And you started taking photos of these amazing characters that come through the parade. How long ago did you start doing this project?
Speaker 2: Over twenty five years? And you know, I hadn't planned in making to make a book, but it's just what I do. I'm a photographer. I've got this amazing vantage point unlike a kid during a parade. I love parades. I have parades from all over the world. I've photograph praids in Cuba, in Peru, lots of other places. But then there's a Macy Thanksgiving Day parade. It's a parade like no other. And there I have my third floor perch, from my third floor window, as I like to say, Miracle on sixty fourth Street.
Speaker 1: Nice, very very nice. And the cool thing is this parade is something people look forward to every single year, and there are people that travel a great distance to go to this parade. Again, you don't have to travel at all. It's right there. You wake up and look out the window. But you get to also, through this book, you get to deliver this parade right to my doorstep. And I can flip through the pages and see some really cool things.
Speaker 2: Can I exactly? And that was really the hope is it's an opportunity to share with the viewer. A more intimate perspective that you're not going to get from the street, and it's from my home. Every single photo in the book except one is from my rooftop that gives you a sense of location. And then one at the end, I went down to the street while they were having a snowball fight with confetti. But every single photo is from my third flow window from my home that I want to share with others. And it's over the years, so you get to really enjoy the parade as not in the sense as it's going by so fast, but you can take your time. You can set down with others, read the dig you nose with your grandchildren or your friends, and enjoy the book as if you're experiencing this intimate parade yourself.
Speaker 1: And the thing is really you. As I'm looking at this book right now and again, I'm going to throw a link to make it easy for other people to find it as well as I'm looking at this the images. First of all, you're an amazing photographer, so that I think goes without saying. But your vantage point, it really is the perfect vantage point to get these photos, isn't it.
Speaker 2: I know, I know it's true. I mean there's one shot. Let me see if like I have the book with me. Oh, here it is. It's page for those who have the book, or we'll get the book one fifty and it's a diary of a wimpy kid is going by and literally his whole space is just in the window. It's hysterical. But you get to see the wrinkles and the balloons and the patchwork and the stitchings, and you don't really get that from the street.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you know where these balloons are made, but we live in sue Fall, South Dakota, and a lot of these balloons are made right here in sue Fall, South Dakota.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, let's try it. I have read that, and I may be in one way. Did you know?
Speaker 1: Is actually and this year one of the high school marching bands will be from sue Fall, South Dakota as well. Lincoln High School is going to be there there. They were traveling there this whole week, so it was fun to kind of follow their journey as they're heading to New York to be a part of the Macy's Parade this year. And again in this book, you'll see the images of the things that are really big floating by. But another fun part of the parade are all these marching bands they come through as well.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm glad you told me, because I'm going to look for them and I'm gonna get some good shots to them, all right. People don't know this. Yeah, I'm so glad you told me this. But behind the scenes, there's a judging group with the parade and high schools around the country and I think colleges too. They submit their bands to be chosen for the parade. It's not so easy. It's some stiff competition. It's a really big deal to be chosen, and I understand it. When they do choose you, it's kind of a surprise. They'll show up at your school and say, guess what, You've been selected to march in the Macy's Parade. And then there's another band, the Macy's American Great American Band, and those are individuals that are chosen around the country each year to march in that particular band. So, yeah, Sue falls All, I got to look for you watching band in the Macy's Parade.
Speaker 1: Nice. Well, I appreciate you taking your collection. Yeah, very nice. I appreciate you taking the time to visit with me about this, and thank you also for sharing these photos that you again have the perfect vantage point to watch the parade each and every year and you snap the photos. And again, I love the fact that you put out this book, Come Join the Parade, and again it is a beautiful one hundred and sixty images, one hundred and sixty eight pages, and you get to see the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade over the course of the last quarter of a century, and it is I just think a very well done book. So thank you for taking the time to chat and thank you for doing this.
Speaker 2: Thank you, John, I love talking to you, and thanks for inviting me on. I can't wait to see your hometown parade band in the parade this year.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you so much. And again I'm going to throw a link to make it easy to find the book. It's called Come Join the Parade, and I've got a link to it at Facebook dot com slash Sunny Radio and Facebook dot com slash Sue Falls News. Hey, somedan you should Something you should Know is brought to you by Genesisgoldira dot com. Put your retirement plan on the gold Standard, get a free gold and silver Guide now at genesisgoldra dot com.