Speaker 1: Now here's a little behind the scenes fun. You know, we always have equipment problems on KTWGB because it is kind of like you get into uh oh, I like a nineteen ninety eight Camra and the door handle is broken and there is duct tape on the dashboard where the dashboard got melted in the sun.
Speaker 2: And then the like the roof is like hanging down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the roofs hanging down. So that is kind of how the KTWB studio is. But so our recording system was not working. So I found another recording system that is something that you can download online. It's called audist Audacity. And look at us now, and here we are recording on Audacity. Now, I'm pretty sure this is going to work.
Speaker 2: Should we Should we test it and see if we can like export it once it's done. I don't know.
Speaker 3: No, I'm just gonna take care. I'm just gonna take our chances that we're gonna do it here. So let's dive in.
Speaker 1: We get a bunch of email we got to get to. But because I had to close the computer a minute ago, I'm going to have to reopen things here. But it shouldn't take that long, and Okay, so we'll go right to the Dave Ryan, Oh boy, I don't know our passwords, son of a bee.
Speaker 3: Son of a this.
Speaker 2: I wish I could help you.
Speaker 3: Okay, stall for me for a Seconday.
Speaker 2: So over the weekend, I had a really exciting weekend that I know Dave doesn't think it's exciting, but I do. So I went to go see improv on on Friday, and then I was in an improv show on Saturday and my mom came. And my mom never comes to any shows that I'm in, but she was there. But she doesn't know anything about improv or comedy. So at the end I gave her a hugg. I was like, thank you for coming in. She was like it was good, and I was like, okay, did you think I was funny? Mom? Mom? Was I funny? But one guy who listens to the show was there, so that was cool. Okay, good, thanks one person.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, thanks for salving.
Speaker 2: You're welcome. Thank you for letting me tell my story.
Speaker 3: Well it's not a good story, so I'm glad I was able to wrap it up real quick.
Speaker 4: Good.
Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, I have a quick question. Dave mentioned he had a podcast about scams on his radar a week or so ago. Could you please say the name of it again. I haven't been able to find it. It's called scam Town and it's good, but I'm disappointed then a little bit regretful that I used it as of what's on my radar because there's only like four episodes of scam Town. It is a great idea for a podcast, but they only did about four or five, maybe six episodes scam Town.
Speaker 2: I just finished a podcast that I've been listening to for the last like four years called By the Book, where these two women live by self help books and they like read the self help books. They turn it into like a step by step system and then for two weeks they just live by this self help Okay, an amazing concept. The two women who are on it are so annoying. Oh after a while, okay, So I was like waiting for this to be over. I'm just trying to get through it. And I finally got through it, and now I'm done and I never have to listen to their voices again.
Speaker 1: That's really interesting. I listened to a podcast called Take to the Sky, the air disaster podcast, and I I didn't like the women at first, because they would giggle and make jokes about you know, like you know, like say inappropriate things about all these people who died, not not deliberately target but I'm like, you've got to be more. But I got to love them. I really, I really learned to love these two. Yeah, because they were just so human and they would be like, I don't know, they were just so human.
Speaker 3: About the opposite.
Speaker 2: I was like, I like these ladies, and now I don't.
Speaker 1: All right, next one, there's a bunch of emails. Here we go. Let me try this one. Regarding foot massages, Dave check out a reflexologist. They are a naturalist type of care and will not only take care of your foot pain, but they will also be able to find the root. Cause I went backpacking through Europe last summer found out that the source of pain was from my knee and hips. Love the show from Kayley, I wouldn't rule it out. I will say that my feet are much better now after masage, not just after the massage, but I honestly think it was crocs. Yeah, because I've been wearing crocs for most of the summer and I really think they mess with my feet. So right now I'm wearing very very supportive running shoes and they really help because I was like hobbling and I felt like, God, if they hurt this bad, they're only going to get worse.
Speaker 3: But I think it was Crocs, which is.
Speaker 2: So interesting because Crocs is supposed to be so like, I mean, not good for your feet, but like comfortable, which I think they are, which is why we wear them so much. And they slip right on, so it's really nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I don't wear I wear them in sport mode, which is when you get a strap back up on the.
Speaker 2: Top of probably better for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, actually, because they said they're bad for kids' feet because kids have to curl their toes when they walk to keep them on.
Speaker 2: Right, But you don't want it's in sportboo right.
Speaker 1: Okay, here's an email from her shot. It says, uh uh why why why did I fan girls squeal when I heard you read my email on the podcast. I am a grown ass, thirty five year old man. It was absolutely unexpected but so real.
Speaker 3: Thanks. If my original email.
Speaker 1: Run the podcast qualifies for a staff writer sicker, I would love one, and I will get Secretary Breed to send you one.
Speaker 2: Thanks for emailing us.
Speaker 1: Yes, next one question for Bailey unless Jenny and Dave have become fans of musicals also, haha. I'm dying to find somebody else in the world who knows about and loves The Idol Maker The Idle Man. It was a movie from the eighties. Only person anyone would probably recognize is Peter Gallagher. I love the movie and the amazing songs. Most people have never heard of it, and I don't even know where or how I can watch it anymore. Do you know anything about that?
Speaker 2: I never heard of it, but I just looked it up. Yeah, American musical drama nineteen eighty The guy in It's like super cute, but I don't who is this guy? Oh, Peter Gallagher, Ray Sharky, Paul Land. I don't know good looking people. Okay, No, I've never heard of this. This is interesting because I do love a campy, random musical that no one's ever heard of. I'm gonna find this somehow. I'm just gonna look up Maker streaming. I don't know technically. It says it's on YouTube, but I'm not sure if that's real or not. I want to watch it now.
Speaker 3: Oh, it looks good.
Speaker 2: Okay, it looks kind of like Elvis.
Speaker 1: Well, camping in random is totally you camping and random while you're looking at the Internet, and I'm going to read the next email. Yes, greetings to my favorite coworkers. You might as well be since I spend every day listening to you all. I feel like a creepy behind the scenes part of the crew. You may leave my name out to protect the innocent Annie Hooter. They say today when you talked about the crazy conspiracists that talk about the hurricanes being controlled by the government. This happened to me this week at the dentist. I was a captive audience, and she went off on how the government controls these hurricanes with silver in them and something called haarp out of morbid curiosity. I looked it up when I got home. Well, it was once a thing, but connecting those dots as wild. She also told me that FEMA is the mob. They steal all the supplies and keep it for themselves. She has friends in Florida and there is no weather there. I could go on, but I'll save you. I'm all for independent thought and ideas, but this is a business. I'm there for X rays and a cleaning, and I'm being held captive with sharp objects in my mouth. I can't do anything rather than mutterstrained sounds. When she started talking, I thought, oh no, not her again. In the past she has gone off about how the pandemic is fake and how mad she gets when someone wears a mask. So I was left with the struggle again of saying something, I'm a believer and okay, I was left with the struggle again of saying something, I'm a believer in live and let live. But this time I called the request to no longer her have her as my hygienist. Would you also, does anybody actively dry their feet when getting out of the shower or do you let the drug do it for you? When I asked my internet friends only about one of the nineteen responses said yes, I do actively try my feet.
Speaker 2: I dry the top of my feet and then the bottom of my feet get dried by the rug.
Speaker 3: When you dry your legs, do you prop them up on eight? Hold on? That means we're going to talk.
Speaker 1: Okay, hold on, panic and we'll be back. Okay, we are now continuing. There was a slight break in there because we had to play with the equipment for a little bit.
Speaker 3: But you found that movie.
Speaker 2: If the Idol Maker is on YouTube, like you have to sit through ads, like there's quite a few ads in it. But I literally looked up The Idol Maker streaming and it's on YouTube.
Speaker 3: The whole thing.
Speaker 1: Good to know. So let's talk about first of all, the hygienis. You are not wrong. If that bothers you hearing the hygenis talk about conspiracy theories.
Speaker 3: I think the thing.
Speaker 1: I'm really fascinated by conspiracy theories because I think one of the things that people forget is if it's a hard thing to explain and pull off, it's likely not true. So there's a philosophy called Ocham's razor that I really love occ u m apostrophe s Aukham's razor, I think is how you say it, spell it, And basically the philosophy goes, if all other things are equal, the easiest, simplest explanation is usually the true one. So if Bailey's not here, I look up and Bailey's not here, it could be that you spontaneously combusted. Yeah, oh my god, it's very possible that Bailey slipped into another dimension. Yeah, it's very possible that Bailey has invented a time machine with the assistance of the mafia, and you have used the time machine to subversively do evil or you went to pe right, And I think and I think that's how conspiracy theorists kind of forget that. The simplest example is probably answer is probably the answer. And so when I hear things about, you know, conspiracy theories, everything from nine to eleven being an inside job, to chem trails to walking on the moon.
Speaker 2: Birds aren't real.
Speaker 3: Birds aren't real.
Speaker 2: Haven't you heard that one? Oh, there's a conspiracy that birds are drones so that the government can by on us.
Speaker 3: There's spent a lot of it.
Speaker 1: First of all, they don't they're not going to find anything interesting flying over my house or house or Vaughan's house exactly. And they've got a lot of expensive drones out there that they've spent a lot of money so that. But see, that's the thing. The simplest explanation is usually they're birds.
Speaker 2: Right, They're birds, period, That's it. That's all that they are.
Speaker 1: So but I'm going to go ahead and I'm going to give a little airtime to somebody who believes in conspiracy theories.
Speaker 3: So here comes Chad. Uh.
Speaker 1: Chad says, hi, I caught part of your morning show talking about conspiracy theories about this topic. I also heard you vomiting bs and total denial about this topic. You should really either shut up with your opinions until you know what you're talking about, or dig it to it with a bit of research, that's what he says. Or dig dig into it to oh into it. With a bit of research, you will find that the US government has been researching and testing and yes, manipulating wealth wealth maybe they mean weather with laser and harp technology since the sixties and so also slowly, I can tell your show is going more and more liberal and not neutral like you used to be. Know what you are talking about and don't spew disinformation, Chad, with all respect, Conspiracy theories to me have absolutely nothing to do with being liberal or conservative, right. They have to do with critical thinking. Now, I'm going to pat myself on the back. I am a member of the High IQ Society.
Speaker 3: Yessah.
Speaker 1: So I have a great way of rationalizing things that simpletons like you, Bailey are unable to.
Speaker 3: Keep up with.
Speaker 2: Okay, can you explain weather to me? Then?
Speaker 1: Yeah, weather is a naturally occurring phenomena.
Speaker 2: Great, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and if we really did have control over the weather, I don't know that we would make it worse. We would probably make it better. Now to make the conclusion jump to the to far fetched a quantum leap, that we're not only able to manipulate the weather, but in a serious, the fucking way by coming up with a category five hurricane, I don't think the best use of that technology would be to wipe out billions of dollars worth of infrastructure, property, homes, and also and lives. Yeah, so I don't know what I would like to know who the person is. I'm picturing somebody who mister Smithers from The Simpsons. Yeah, he's sitting in an office twirling his fingertips together.
Speaker 3: Like, yes, yes, let's send a hurricane.
Speaker 2: M let me play to the Carolinas.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, yes, And then and then when we do that, the government will slowly respond with FEMA, you see, and then therefore we can win the election.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, that's right.
Speaker 2: Once there's a lot of hoops, a lot of hoops to jump through, well to get the thing that you want.
Speaker 1: Right exactly, And it's like the most Again, Chad, due respect is the critical thinking will tell you that it's just too much trouble. Yeah, and very unlikely. Now, some conspiracies are very possible, like JFK. Who shot JFK? Well, the simple answer is Oswald. But even though it's pretty much, in my opinion ninety five percent that he did do it and act alone, nobody knows.
Speaker 2: Nobody knows for sure, that could have been set up and then he was just the one who carried it out. Kind of thing, right, did you This is a slight tangent. Did you ever watch that TV show nineteen sixty like nine or nineteen sixty eight or whatever.
Speaker 3: Whenever about the JFK assassination about JFKAS.
Speaker 1: I read the book is nineteen sixty three, I think, Yeah, I read the book.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was actually very fascinating and it was James Franco was in it and it scared the pants off of me.
Speaker 1: And I should go back and watch that one because I have not. But yeah, I don't, you know, I was just really I kind of like scoff at conspiracy theories, like you know, and this is probably really boring to Liszt and too, so if you never want me to bring it up again, say Dave, never bring up conspiracy theories again. But people like Chad. Honestly, Chad, you kind of crack me up because you are not thinking it through logically, Like the moon landing. If the moon landing was fake, why didn't the Russians say anything about it? Why didn't the Russians who we were Supposedly we faked the moon landing so we could scare the Russians into thinking, well, fuck, they've got killer technology. We don't want to go to nuclear war with them. But if the Russians, if anybody thought it was fake, it would be the Russians. Okay, Honestly, I would like to go a little bit longer because we have some more quality emails to read on the Minnesota Goodbye. But we're having equipment problems and we're using a system that I'm honestly not even positive that it's working. I won't know until I go to play it back and upload it, so we will see. I'll take a leap of faith oough and say that I think it worked, and thank you for listening to the Minnesota Goodbye. Send it your emails. I'd love to hear more conspiracy theory arguments. That's fun to me, but maybe you're bored with it. Send your emails to Ryan Show at KDWB dot com, m