Speaker 1: This is made. The promises kept. Politicians won't do. Join us in the chat cost out a politician and I love it. If we five cars the talk station.
Speaker 2: Seven o six at forty five krs DE talk station A very happy Friday Eve Flash Thursday to you Got to Heart be the aviation. Next for Jay Raffle of A thirty Corey Bowman's going to join the program in one hour telephone. This time. He won't be in studio, but we're going to get his comments about the debate and his campaign seems to be doing pretty well by all accounts, and someone knows all about that. Our citizen watchdog, Todd Zinzer, former Inspector General, is in studio. Todd Man, it's always a pleasure. You know so much about what's going on in the city of Cincinnati. It just cracks me up. A couple of story as you talked about as you came in the in the studio this morning, you have got me laughing, and we're gonna get to those. I'm not gonna keep that information under wraps, but it's good to have you in the studio. Mike Ran, thank you for what you're doing. Oh and real quick, I just want to interject, because cribbage, Mike, My listeners know cribbage. Mike's guy I played cribbage with. He was a submariner. Thank you for your service to our country, but also for passing this along. If you're gonna go to the parade, there's gonna be something extra special going on. Mike. Let me know that he along with his local submarine veterans, are going to be in the opening day parade with the thirty foot replica of the United USS Cincinnati sub and he noted that the actual parts of the decommission in the USS Cincinnati will be the centerpiece of the Cold War Memorial and Museum at the Voice of America Park. So keep your eyes peeled for that, and give him a big round of applause and thank those guys for the amazing service for our country. Can you imagine being stuck in that tin can underwater for I think he said his longest was fifty seven days or something like that. Tough job. That is tough job, Toms Enzers got keep it on top of all the fraud, waste and abuse in Shenanigans going on. Let us begin with have to have provol Okay, we'll get to the debate and your perception of the debate a little bit later in the segment. But let me tell my listeners about the complaint that's been filed, because I think we have what is rightfully called a Shenanigan's declaration in the form of a lawsuit.
Speaker 3: Well, it's a complaint to the Ohio Election Commission.
Speaker 2: Oh, okay, okay, Oh, you see.
Speaker 3: Filed by Kurt Hartman. Ah, Kurt's at it again, And the report in the Inquirer said he filed it on behalf of Jim Burns. People who are in the Republican Party know who Jim Burns is. But the complaint is about debt that Mayor Purval has on his financial disclosure report to three different outfits totally in about eighty thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: So you got to file a financial disclosure report in connection with what campaign contributions, the work that's been done on behalf of the campaign, that kind of thing, exactly.
Speaker 3: Okay, you have to disclose your donors and then you have to disclose what you spent your donors' money on.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: So the complaint concerns the fact that this debt was on the books for Mayor of purvol so long that it's essentially forgiven under election law.
Speaker 2: I guess, almost like a statute of limitations.
Speaker 3: It's statute of limitations. And so Kurt's complaint is that the fact that these debts were allowed to expire constitute campaign contributions.
Speaker 2: Okay, the money that is expressed this debt, that's for services rendered. Yes, So if I'm doing like legal work on behalf of a campaign, or you know, I've I've printed up signs on behalf of a campaign, the presumption is that is disclosed, it's listed as a debt, and that the debtor pays back for the services that I render. That's Correct's exactly what these three line items represent. Yes.
Speaker 3: In the three firms include Perkins cooy Oh. Now the Enquirer says it's Seattle base, but they're very they at least during Russia Gate, which is what they were all caught up in. They're a Washington, d C. Law firm, and then he owes them fifty eight thousand dollars. The second is an outfit called Spiro's Consulting, also a big Democrat consulting firm in Washington, d C. And the third is SKD Knickerbocker and Mayor Purvol's campaign owes them fifteen thousand dollars. So SKD Knickerbocker is a heavy hitter in the Democratic circles in Washington, d C. And as it turns out, that's the outfit that the Norfolk Southern's Political Action Committee used during the railway campaign. And SKD Knickerbocker got about ninety percent of that six million dollars.
Speaker 2: And I running the propaganda campaign to sell the railroad.
Speaker 3: Yes, that was sk Knickerbocker. I don't know if this bureau's consulting was part of the railway campaign or not, but it could have been. But there's definitely some interconnections there.
Speaker 2: Well, I would say, and it's like rounding up the usual suspects, getting the gang back together. Yeah, we're putting the band back together. Yeah, where's anyway, that's right, it's late for lunch, that's right. Hey, it was me money.
Speaker 3: So the only issue is and actually when I filed a complaint against Purvoll's campaign during the railway campaign, if you remember Mayor purval in the Political Action Committee for Norfolk Southern shared the same treasurer.
Speaker 2: Remember that it's a really incestuous relationship. Yes, it is.
Speaker 3: So the complaint we filed was that who's deciding that Mayor Purval is in these commercials? Is that his campaign treasurer, who's running the Folks Southern campaign. So we we filed that complaint. In the penalties for violations of Ohio election law is kind of pitiful and at least the report in the report in the Enquirer this morning said that the potential penalties are one hundred dollars a day.
Speaker 2: So this has been sitting around for three years. Though, you know what you said at the outset, I don't well statched limitations.
Speaker 3: I think it's probably I don't know exactly how long, but it's probably five years, I would think so. But the commit Election Commission is not gonna if they even hear the complaint, they're not going to impose a significant penalty like that. I'd be very very surprised.
Speaker 2: Well why is that? I mean, they have a record of being, you know, light the touches.
Speaker 3: Yes, when I filed my complaint back during the railway campaign, Kurt even told me that, well, you'll get a good experience going to the Election Commission, but don't expect a lot of results.
Speaker 2: Well, who sits on the election Commission. I didn't really.
Speaker 3: Look into that. I'm assuming that there are appointees of the governor, but don't I don't really know. I think there are appointees from the governor.
Speaker 2: Well, you'd like to think that they would be politically neutral if there is a violation, and let's just assume, for the sake of this discussion, is a clear violation. He owes these people money and he didn't pay it, which means he got services for free, and as services translate to a campaign contribution under law. Yes, so if any politician, Republican or Democrat did that, then you'd like to think that the reason that there is a penalty for doing that is to prevent people from getting free campaign contributions and campaign dollars. And well, that's disturbing that they don't exercise their enforcement power.
Speaker 3: Right and as a result, the campaigns just look at it as these whatever penalties they get is kind of the cost of doing business.
Speaker 2: So, well, you wonder why there's three Well, I know why they wouldn't seek a collection's actions or you know, send a letter, a dunning letter or something, is because they're Democrats and they wanted to get a Democrat elected. That was their job, and they succeeded in that regard.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's that would be my analysis as well.
Speaker 2: But that's why it's considered a campaign contribution.
Speaker 3: That is what Kurt's alleging.
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, so he at least goes through the process. Obviously it's been exposed in the Enquirer, so it's negative press for pro of all. We can all say, well, this doesn't seem right, it doesn't smell right, and we can all look to the Elections Commission and if they don't do anything about it, maybe we can press the governor or whoever appoints the individual and the Election Commission to do a better job of appointees and get people on there like judges that we elect that don't enforce the law right to start doing their job. Right.
Speaker 3: So, the good thing about the complaint we filed, and I actually talk about this on my latest podcast, is that we got an Aftha David from Mayor Purval's treasurer who basically said, well, I wasn't just making the decisions about these commercials. We had a steering committee for the pack. Well, the steering committee's never been identified. We don't know who the steering committee is, who its membership is, and you know that's another one of these secret you know, deals with the city. So and the reason I started, the reason I went back to it is because of this arena issue where this five oh one C four has been formed and you know that's that's a potential dark money source.
Speaker 2: All right, well call that a tease for the next segment and we'll sort of dive into details on that because last time I checked Todd Zenzer Citizen Watchdog podcast, we don't have any money to build an arena. So pause sixth seven to fifteen right now, care see he talks station oh Man. Just scratching my head anyhow, Peter Shabria Colorwilliam Semon Hill is the only real estate team I would ever consider hiring. I mean that from the bottom of my heart. I know Peter is a brilliant man. He has programs that no other real estate team is offering, and he's got quality real estate agents. They know what they are doing. They truly provide value to their clients. And for example, we got a guy named brand I don't want to find his last name. Sabri Group was able to get him multiple offers on his house the first day on the market and got him fifteen grand over asking price. In addition, they were able to negotiate the buyer to waive the inspection and gave Brandon post occupancy after closing without rent. You see what they can do for you. Their negotiating shields are phenomenal. They have programs that nobody else offer, like Cash the Keys program, which allows you, if you're eligible, allows you to make a cash offer on the home. I know you don't have hundreds of thousands of dollars sitting around in a suitcase, but it's effectively the same thing. You reconcile the whole thing with the Shabre Group after closing, But sellers love cash offers, and so that's effectively what the Cash the Keys program does. Just one of many opportunities you have with the Shabri Group and you won't have with others. So hire the best call them up five one three seven zero eight three thousand five one three seven zero eight three thousand Shabri Cha b riis Group. Just search engine that you'll find them, or go online directly to seven zero eight three thousand dot com.
Speaker 1: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 2: Have you come, Shannon, I first win one of forecasts yeay for opening day, and I think we're gonna be okay with the weather. Fingers crossed anyway. Showers are possible after GPM first pitch at ten minutes after four. They're anticipating only a fifty percent chance of rain, So that's nice. Fifty eighth for the high over ninety showers and mostly clouds forty eighth seventy three Tomorrow with morning rain and partly cloudy skies overnight well fifty seven with partly cloudy skies and a few showers possible on Saturday Saturday night seventy seven. Right now thirty six and time for traffic.
Speaker 4: From the u See Health Trimphing Center for an anthem of Doctor's Day Sunday. We on are the u See Health physicians who are leading breakthroughs from Federa. Tomorrow's learn more at u See help dot com. Sath pound seventy five doing okay through walk month slows just a bit at the Reagan Highway northbound seventy five. That's a bit heavier between buttermilk and Kyle's getting into downtown streets around the Finlay Market. They'll start to close at eight Chopping Ram Month fifty five care seen the talk station.
Speaker 2: On Thinking about CARECDE talk Station Happy Variety. Eve Todd Zens are former Inspector General and he's basically effectively the Inspector General or DOGE for the city of Cincinnati. Pivoting over to the new sports arena. You say it's called the Heritage Center, Now, I always call it the Coliseum because I'm old. Yes, that's the building. Yes, and they still have events there by the way. Oh yeah, okay, I.
Speaker 3: Don't know how. One of the issues is that they think with a new arena that they will have, they'll be able to put more events in a new arena than the one that Heritage has.
Speaker 2: So the claim is we're missing out on some big acts, big draws because there's not enough seating there for like the artists, and you know, hey, I'm selling out twenty five thirty thousand seat arenas that's only got what fifteen thousand seat centers or.
Speaker 3: Something like that. I think that's probably right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, okay, I've seen the gazillion concerts there, and I know the acoustics suck, and I know it's old, but well, they also prey.
Speaker 3: On the uh, the fact that Cincinna, he's a sports town, and they say, oh, we want to get the NCAA tournament here.
Speaker 2: And okay, so grandiose ideas. Yeah, I think they tried to get the Olympics here too one time. You have, right, what a colossal waste of effort that is. Anyway, So my understanding from you and off air comments is the local businesses want the if there is a new one, and we haven't gotten into the logistics and realities whether or not we even afforded. They wanted to stay in the same place.
Speaker 3: Right, the businesses that the banks have an association, They even have a little taxing authority that group does. Yeah, and they want to keep the arena on the banks, and there's a lot of people that agree with them. But the people proposing a new arena, they've concluded that that footprint of the current arena isn't large enough for the size arena they want to build.
Speaker 2: Do we know what size arena that they want to build. Is there's some proposal and no, it's going to have like this many seasons.
Speaker 3: Yes, the it was either the regional Chamber or a consultant for the Regional Chamber has done a study for them, and it's several months old. Now, okay, I haven't looked at it recently, but it's it's it's not all that persuasive, to be honest with you.
Speaker 2: And for what specific reasons?
Speaker 3: Well, they you know, for example, they conclude that the current arena would have to shut down and not have any events.
Speaker 2: Well, it's probably owned. They can't do that, that's right.
Speaker 3: So they're there. Their proposal assumes that they're not going to have any competition for these events. And I don't think the Heritage Center is going to go.
Speaker 2: Are they going to get rid of P and C Pavilion or Riverbend too? Yeah, look at them all and the one that's across the river.
Speaker 3: That is one thing you hear from people is that don't we have enough around here?
Speaker 2: I know, but you're hoping. I think they are hoping that if you build this new grand facility that they're going to get like the NC two A tournaments to correct. Okay, all right, now, pivoting over to the location that is proposed. I know the current owners and the resident or the businesses around the Heritage Center want it to stay there. Let's assume for the sake of discussion, there isn't a big enough footprint. Where do the powers that be that are pushing this agenda item want it to go.
Speaker 3: Well, the the two locations that I've heard about is someplace in Queensgate I'm not exactly sure aware. Uh, And then the other is right there on Central Avenue where WCEET is.
Speaker 2: Oh sure.
Speaker 3: I think they've tried to talk to WCET about selling out, and WCET has come back with an outrageous amount of money that it will I be so to move. I think it's up like the fifty million or something like that to move to move them.
Speaker 2: But that wouldn't be the only property to have to acquire to build a big facility there. They'd have to acquire a lot of land around there. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I'm not really sure about all that, but it will take a lot of land.
Speaker 2: And a lot of money. Yes, yeah, your negotiation power goes up dramatically. It's like the last person standing over with the rook would comp remember that one house that they refuse to give in and that one loan house with all the open field land, after all the other houses have been knocked down, you can hold out, you can get a lot of money. Yeah, well, let's talk about the financials on this one, wherever it might happen to go. I guess the folks that the Heritage aren't going to sell and they're not going to close down their operation. It sort of renders this entire conversation moot.
Speaker 3: Well, like I said, I think that the proponents of the new arena are assuming that the current arena will go away. But you know they could stick around and outcompete the new arena.
Speaker 2: They certainly could. Those pause will bring former Inspector General and current Inspector General Todd Zenzer follow us. Listen to Citizen Watchdog. That's his podcast. He's talking about this kind of stuff every week. So we'll be here more from Todd. Coming back after I mentioned Bud Herbert. My friends at Bud Herbert, I consider them friends because you know what, they helped me out so much. When I got my new lawn equipment. I had to get a new mower, and I had that terrible box store experience and thank you. Friends do good things for friends. And so my friend Jim Keefer recommended to get in touch with Bud Herbert, who I hadn't heard about, but they have been around now for more than seventy five years. This is fifth generation family owned operator. You do work with a Herbert family member and they are proud of what they sell. Highest quality, top quality brands and lawn equipment on the market. You got John Deere, you got x Mart, you got steel, you got hot to power equipment. They know everything there is to know about the equipment they sell. They'll deliver it to you and they'll services it for you. When it comes down to service, there's no downside working with Bud Herbert and you're supporting a local, family owned and offer company and they care about the family name, which is why they provide such great customer service, putting me in the right piece of equipment that you'll be very happy with. And I know they did that for me. So here's my advice to you. Friends, to friends, Budhebertmotors dot com, Budherbertmotors dot com, and when you call them and talk with one of those Herbert family members, please tell them Brian said, Hi, I mean that's sincerely. Five one three five four one thirty two ninety one five one three five four one thirty two ninety one fifty.
Speaker 1: Five car the talk station the new I heard.
Speaker 2: Of is the one channel and on other forecast. Opening Day Parade and Opening Day Grade starts at noon first pitch four to ten and the rain opportunity shows up around two pm. I don't think it's a significant one. Today's high fifty eight overnight, a few showers in a little forty eight morning showers tomorrow with a seventy three high and partly cloudy skies most of the day. Partly cloudy overnight as well. Fifty seven for the low and up to seventy seven on Saturday, with the chance of showers as well. Thirty five degrees Right now, time for.
Speaker 4: Traffic from the US Help Tramphic Center for a National Doctors Day. We honor you see health physicians who are leading breakthroughs for better tomorrows.
Speaker 1: Learn more at ucy health dot com.
Speaker 4: Highway traffic continues to build just a bit set Pen seventy five at the Wider Row and North Pound seventy five at Kyle's. Not a whole lot of trouble getting into downtown right now. Know then the streets around Findley Mukret are set closed at eight to get ready for the parade shack Ingram on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 2: Seven fifty five KRCD talk Station, Happy Friday. Eve dodds Ends are in studio again his podcast Citizen Watchdog, talking about the kind of thing we're talking about here at fifty five KRC Morning Show this morning. Well, I told you off air that this whole arena thing seems sort of kind of half baked, and it's not even half Biga's it's like an amorphous blob under the head and under the heading we need a new And then as soon as you pull back to Veneer of just the general concept, because you might get everybody nod their head and go, yeah, wouldn't it be nice? Youah, the Colisseum or you know, Heritage Center, it sucks. It's outdated. I remember seeing since any Stingers playing there back in the seventies and it hasn't changed much. You know, it's not big enough. You get the big act, So okay, that sounds like a great idea, and then as soon as you move to the logistics behind it, it just seems like an insurmountable task. Yeah, so you've got location problems. They want it to be, say on Central Avenue, but you have to buy out the stub Cet building and then a whole lot of other privately owned properties around that. So acquisition costs for just the land you haven't even put a brick in the ground in terms of building that the stadium, and you're already tens of millions of dollars in the hole from an acquisition costs. Plus they'll probably be litigation because some people wouldn't want to sell, like you're not going not to our neighborhood. There's always that. Then you've got the competition factor that you pointed out. Heritage we're privately own. We're not going to shut down. Screw you guys, right, we can still get draws. An actor comes in that can't fill a thirty thousands for arena, we've got fifteen thousand. They may sell that out. We're the perfect size. There's also Riverbend PNC, the venue across the street of the univer across the river over at the University. I'm sorry, I can't remember what that one's called. And of course the smaller venues like the Brady Center, which you know, we're talking different types of acts. We've got a lot, a whole lot and then money. Of course money relates to ecxisitions. But we all have a bad taste in our mouth from the stadium deal. But you told me off air, and it's important for listeners to know there's a five O one C four corporation that's behind this.
Speaker 3: Yes, the Hamilton County Growth Alliance.
Speaker 2: Wait till you hear what their idea is. Listeners who know what the stadium deal, remember when you voted to build the stadium FKA Paul Brown Stadium in Great American Ballpark, what did you agree to. You agreed to pay more taxes for the purposes of building those two venues, and then you got stabbed in the back because they didn't get the reduction of taxes that was promised to you when you voted for it. So with that background, go ahead.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, the report about the Hamilton County Growth Alliance is that one of the sources of funding that they're looking for, they think they'll be able to get access to the tax sales tax receipts that were approved by the voters for the stadium and the Great American Ballpark. And I don't understand that enough to know what they're really even talking about. It doesn't sound like that's going to happen.
Speaker 2: No, And if they've somehow got their hand in that cookie jar, maybe there might be litigation related to doing that.
Speaker 3: Well, here's the thing about five oh one C fours is that they do not have to disclose their donors. So that creates a situation where where it kind of becomes or could become, what they call dark money, and that that money you don't know who it's coming from, and you don't know what other areas of our civic life that they're influencing. For example, two incumbent members of city Council came right out supporting the Hamilton County Growth Alliance and you have to wonder, well, what's their relationship with this five oh one C.
Speaker 2: Four going back to have to have provall financial disclosure statements of just chuckling along those.
Speaker 3: Lines, and it is it is a very similar situation. You don't know who the donors are, just like you don't for the Hamilton County Growth Alliance, just like you don't know who's on the steering committee. And there's there's a lot of secrets that go on in this town. I've always heard about the meeting before the meeting, which means somehow the city council members get together and make decisions before they come into the council room.
Speaker 2: And it got me thinking that it sounds like the Gang of Five problem.
Speaker 3: Uh, well, I don't know how they do it. Like do you remember the scandal that Sherry Coolidge reported on about the railroad board meeting in executive session and making decisions in executive session?
Speaker 2: Oh? Sure, an executive session excludes the public.
Speaker 3: Yes, right, Well, I've never seen the city council go into executive session to talk about anything. Where when do they get their information about what they're voting on? It's got I think what happens is.
Speaker 2: I think what I think?
Speaker 3: What happens that the city manager. I heard her speak one time and she kind of let it slip. She kind of indicated that she meets with every member of city Council on a regular basis.
Speaker 2: Individually, individually.
Speaker 3: And I know that's what Aftab did on or Mayor Purval did on the railway deal. They kept that secret and he would he went around and I think he said this, He went around to each member of city council individually on the QT to tell them that hey, we're talking about selling a railway and I thought that was very unusual.
Speaker 2: Well, and of course the transparency raw laws and rules would require them to announce this and make it an open discussion. And we know the Gang of five got in trouble because they were making decisions collect five of them anyway behind the scenes, got busted for that. So you're telling me the way around this and the way they work around this, which is very easy to do. It just requires a little more time. Rather than meeting one big room, you got the mayor going individually and then talking to one of the council people and saying, hey, the other council people I've already talked to have already agreed with me that this is the direction we need to go. Are you on board with me on this?
Speaker 3: I think that's how I think that's how it has to be working. Because they have litigation, they have personnel matters, they have all kinds of things that you know they should discuss as a council but not in public. That's why executive sessions exist. But you never see them going into executive session. So I don't know how they deliberate.
Speaker 2: I think you may have stubbled upon it. Todd Zenzer, which is why you're great at what you do seven thirty seven. Right now, we'll talk with them a little bit more. Get his thoughts and reactions to the mayoral debate the other day. He was there, he saw it all, and we'll see what he has to say about well, who he would like to see as mayor. First call In Electric for all your residential electric needs projects. You just call the people a Culin outstanding is at what they do. Andrew Cullen and his great team of highly trained, wonderful customer service license electricians to do all of your residential electric projects as they have for me over the years, at the right price. To speaking of price service upgrades, thank you people who are responsible for changing the code. Apparently last spring they change the code regarding service upgrades and it now costs a whole lot more than he used to shocking no one. Well, Colin understands that, and so now through the end of April, they're going to knock twenty percent off a new service installation for your home. So it's the power up your home sale means great savings on the service upgrade for my friends at Colin Electric. Twenty percent off the installation of a new panel and service equipment for your home. It extends to above or below ground residential single family service of four hundred AMS or less and extends the breaker panel and main service upgrades only. So take advantage of the savings and get a ten year warranty on the installation which comes along with any electric project they do for you that warranty. Call them up five one three two two seven four one one two. Tell the team, Brian said, high five one three two two seven four one one two Online Cullen Electric Cincinnati dot com.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC dot com.
Speaker 2: Did you know even this? There's your nine first on one forecast. Not bad for opening day. I think we're gonna survive, and maybe just a little bit of rain. They say it'll show up after two, but it's this possible range. So fingers crossed with a parade and for opening day, fifty eight is going to be our high today down to forty eight over night with a few showers. We get a morning rain tomorrow and then partly saud The sky is seventy three, just clouds over night, fifty seven and a little rain on Saturday as well. Possible seventy seven for the high thirty six degrees right now time for traffic.
Speaker 1: From the UC Traffic Center.
Speaker 4: For National Doctor's Day, we honor the u SEE Health physicians who are leading breakthroughs for better Tomorrow's learn more at you seehelp dot com. Southbound seventy five heavy your through. Walk on northbound seventy five at an extra five out of arrow, linger into downtown streets around the Fendley Market. Set to close at the top of the hour to prepare for the parade. Shock Ingram on fifty five KR Scene Deep Talk Station.
Speaker 2: Seven fifty bou KR City Talk Station. I love my conversations with Todd Zinzer, and I hope you enjoy them as much as I do. Kind of frustrating recognizing all the problems that you are uncovering and all the realities that make them even seem even more batcrap insane than they are. Todd, you got the Shenanigans going along with it, Like, how are all these efforts just like sort of coordinated and magically show up one day where everybody's in agreement on what's going to happen. But before we get to your thoughts and impressions on the mayor, Old debate the other day, which I'm interested in. The city borrowed another thirty million dollars yesterday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they they approved either approved that, they just moved it on to another another meeting. But the bottom line is they're going to borrow thirty million dollars. They're going to issue bonds for an additional thirty million dollars five point five I think for health center and OTR and twenty nine million for a like a community center around Findley around Finley Market, because.
Speaker 2: They're gonna be a whole brand new couple of buildings for these Yes, they're relocating. Well, they're selling off a whole bunch of buildings like the Elms and Ducky building and some of the other buildings were identify up for sale.
Speaker 3: That's the county.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's the county. Okay, okay, okay.
Speaker 3: And it's funny because that's the same thing that's going on in the federal government everybody's complaining about. I didn't hear the county commissioners are smart enough to do it here locally, so good for them.
Speaker 2: Good for them. Yeah, I agree, but I just I mean, there has to be available space. I mean, isn't something out there that is being unused or could be easily acquired that wouldn't require that level of capital expenditure to have it done and accomplish the goals they want to accomplish. Oh, but it won't be LEADS certified or something, right, Yeah, exactly, And it won't put their friends in the construction business and do more jobs either. Huh.
Speaker 3: Well, that area is getting a lot of has gotten and it continues to get a lot of resources from the city.
Speaker 2: All right, but in terms of dollars and cents you mentioned to me off air, it's important to understand they had they got an initial twenty one million dollars laying around over there.
Speaker 3: Well, the city manager issues a memo every month about the finances, and this most recent memos is that they have collected twenty one million dollars more than they had budgeted for. So they're in high cotton right now in terms of in terms of.
Speaker 2: Cash, well, just write a check. At least one building is only five and only five and a half million dollars they could pay for that other pocket. Well that's what that's what I think. But I guess I guess that's not how they do business. So did were the terms of conditions of the borrowing released. I mean, what the percentage of interest is, how many how many years it's going to be we're paying interest on them.
Speaker 3: They're going to leave all that up to the finance department for the city. So they have just general parameters that they that they've approved, but the actual borrowing is going to be decided by the city administration.
Speaker 2: And of course the taxpayers have no say in this matter.
Speaker 3: No our says. As soon as they vote to approve it, ur say, is pretty much over.
Speaker 2: I think, jeez, did anybody vote or come to some understanding that yes, these are absolutely necessary structures to build.
Speaker 3: Well, that's all done by the city council, and it's all you know we talked.
Speaker 2: About how they Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm sure. All right, Well let's pause. We'll bring Todd back his analysis of the mayor old debate one more with citizen watchdog Todd Zenzer. After I mentioned something that is affordable, medical imaging can be affordable, at least by comparison, I know, you know, it's still hundreds of dollars, but why would you want to pay thousands of dollars when you can get the same thing? All things pretty much equal except the overhead four hundreds of dollars. Consider your echo cardiogram at a hospital three thousand, four thousand dollars, a couple of extra bills with radiologists, report and whatnot, well and affordable imaging services that echo cardiogram and they can get you right in as opposed to the imaging department of the hospital which may set you back weeks and if not a month, get you right in and if you don't need an enhancement, it's only five hundred. If you need an enhancement, it's eight hundred. And yes, it includes a board certified radiologist support that you and your doc will get both within forty eight hours. Same thing for mri ct scans and ultrasounds. Ultrasound could be two thousand or more dollars in a hospital. You know, it's only two hundred and fifty dollars at affordable imaging service for an ultrasound. I know you're not going to be a lot of bells and whistles there. There's not a lot of marble and water features and sculptures. And you know that's what you can get at the hospital. You have to pay for that, so don't they have the same kind of equipment the hospitals use. You get them. The radiologist reports are no different than anything can come from a hospital, so don't pay that much. Exercise your choice. You get a choice when it comes to your medical care. Learn more online. The website is Affordable Medimaging dot com. Affordable Medimaging dot com. The number to schedule the appointment five to one three seven five three eight thousand five one three seven five three eight thousand.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC the talk station downline.
Speaker 2: Weather poor opening day, It's not gonna be bad. Chance of rain starts at about two pm fifty eight to high today, showers over night forty eight. We got morning showers tomorrow, otherwise partly cloudie in seventy three fifty seven overnight, which closen clouds and chance of showers on Saturday as well with the highest seventy seven thirty six degrees.
Speaker 4: Now time for traffic from the UCL Traffic Center. For National Doctors Day Sunday, we honor the UC health physicians who are leading breakthroughs from better Tomorrow's learn Moore at you see health dot com.
Speaker 1: Northbound seventy five.
Speaker 4: And an extra five out of Burrow Linger into downtown singing for southbound seventy five through Wachland. There's a work crew northbound seventy fives ran to westbound seventy four let lanes blocked off. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 2: Seven nine fifty five cair Cdcalk Station one more with in studio Todds Enter Citizen Watchdog the podcast. Follow him and check out what he's got say. Former Inspector General all over the Shenanigans going on, mostly in City Council. Before I get you know, every time we go out of Breakman, you give me something else I want to talk about. I want you to, really, really quickly, just give us an update on the status of the Hyde Park redevelopment, which requires a zoning change, a variance from the zoning laws. Now Hyde Park has a say on certain matters. They've got their own community council and they're against it. The citizens of Hide Park don't want that, absolutely no, not in my backyard. The City of Cincinnati City Council wants it. Well.
Speaker 3: I believe that they will vote to approve it if but only because they're so far in the pocket of these developers.
Speaker 2: Right, we've talked about how influential these developers are with the city council members and the mayor. So if the city pushes it forward and approves it, that trumps what the voters in Hyde Park want. Yes, absolutely, which may have a significant outcome on the upcoming elections.
Speaker 3: Well, I would think so if you've got a voting block over they have over three thousand I think I heard the number thirty five hundred signatures on a petition. Now, that's a pretty big voting block.
Speaker 2: And that's a significant amount of moneyed voters as well. Yes, it is. They sometimes write campaign checks. And here's the thing.
Speaker 3: They're not opposing development. They're opposing this development because it doesn't conform to the current zoning right, and it seems like a no brainer for the council to say, you know what, let's think about this some more.
Speaker 2: No, Okay, I got my popcorn out on that one, and none of this influences me, But man, I'm telling you that could have a sizeable, sizeable influence on the upcoming election. So, pivoting over to that, you were there for the debate the other night, I was what do you think? What was your takeaway? Because what I heard primarily from Jim Keefer. I mean, he did get into some specific topics, but generally speaking the moderator was quite biased in favor of Aftab Purvoll.
Speaker 3: I think for the most part. Yes, I mean earlier, the first question out of the box for all three, well, for the two Republicans, the question was what qualifies you to be mayor? And then for Mayor Pervoll, the question was what have been your accomplishments? Okay, so right off the bat, so that led him into probably it was much longer than two minutes. A whole narrative, which is all he's all about, is narrative of all his accomplishments, including the railroad sale. He took credit for the Brent Spence Bridge, even though that's been an op you know, an ongoing saga for decades.
Speaker 2: Obama campaign in front of the bridge.
Speaker 3: He took credit for connected communities, which nobody likes. And so he went through all of his accomplishments and which I think is a good thing, so that Corey Bowman knows exactly what his narrative is and can start poking holes in it.
Speaker 2: I agree, it's a perfect setup. It's like bullet points. Here's what Pervall's proud of and his accomplished. Here's why it was a bad idea and a bad thing.
Speaker 3: Yes and template. So I went to City Hall yesterday, to the City council meeting, and I suggested that or I said, one question that wasn't asked, that should have been asked, is the candidates that emerged from the primary, will you commit to additional debates in the general election?
Speaker 2: And of course the council and the mayor don't have to answer questions that you pose, but you posed it anyway. What was the reaction from Provoll?
Speaker 3: He was pretty deadpan. Actually, I'm sure he doesn't have much of a reaction, which which kind of leads to my working in DC for over twenty years, and this is I think a lot of people do this. You put politicians in one of two camps. They're either a show horse or a workhorse. And Mayor Parvoll is a show horse. I think Corey Bowman is a workhorse. Yeah, And so I think that's the choice that voters are going to have. And mister Purval is all about the narratives, and I don't really know that he feels what Corey Bowman feels. In terms of the condition of the city and Corey.
Speaker 2: I've talked to Corey face to face quite a few times. I like the man. I like how engaged he is. You know, he doesn't come across at all as a polished politician, but he is passionate about the city. He loves the city. He has invested in an area that most people don't invest in, and he understands that there are some people that really truly wanted to invest in that particular area or by Dayton Street, but they had roadblocks down the way by city council that it doesn't conform with what their vision of a community should be, you know, denser housing and this whole connected community's crap. And since the developers that wanted to put money into the neighborhood weren't planning on doing something like that, then they just basically were told that.
Speaker 3: And what Corey pointed out in the debate on Tuesday night was that it seems like the city council wants to rely on these big developers to come in and do these big developments, and meanwhile Corey wants to support the local builders and the local developers that have designs on smaller developments.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the one big difference.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, well, I guess we'll see what happens. But I thought Corey did a good job. Again, mister purvol is very polished. Yeah, and it was. I thought it was a very informative, very entertaining debate.
Speaker 2: Great. Well, I'm glad you're able to be there. You happen to always take you take time out of your life and your other responsibilities to always manage to be at the city Council, to be at the open events, to be the take up on the opportunity to follow politics and very closely and on behalf of all of my listeners, most notably the residents of the City of Cincinnati today's topics. I appreciate what you're doing. I really do well. Thank you, Brian, because we don't get reporting that are providing this type of information, and if it is provided, it comes across with a certain measure of bias. I agree with that. You just report the facts as you observe them. Thanks again, brother, I appreciate you coming in and spending time with a citizen Watchdog podcast. You find him online, Todd zens or We'll help you back again. I hope real soon. Stick around. Speaking of Corey Bowman, he's going to call in the program after the top of the UR News. Then we get to hear from my heart media aviation expert Jay Ratl. I've got a great list of topics with Jay. I'll be right back.
Speaker 1: Covering Trump's first one hundred days. Every day, America's deadline is over fifty five krs BE talkstation. This report is