Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 3: We can talk about my salad if you want.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, Okay, I hope the Nielsen people are listening to this one.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's talk about your salad. What about your salad?
Speaker 1: Amy, and now Handle on the news, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 4: Here's Bill Handle, and good morning everybody. It's a Monday.
Speaker 2: It is July twenty nine, and the weekend of the Olympics. I spent a fair amount of time watching the Olympics over the weekend, and it is a strange Olympics.
Speaker 4: It really, it truly is.
Speaker 2: I was just talking to and even the Olympic flame is not a flame. It's sort of a bunch of LEDs with mists and it's just weird. I guess they're somehow reminding us that it looks like a balloon going up at night, so it's I guess we're reminding us of the Mongolfier brothers, who were the first hotter than air balloonists that put people up in the sky. First started with a rooster. By the way, just in case you get asked out on Jeopardy. The first passengers and a hotter in air balloon was a rooster, and I think was it just a rooster? I think there was one or two other animals. Any case, Good morning everybody. I just said that, didn't I Let me say hello to those that are here in studio.
Speaker 4: Let's start with Amy. Good morning Amy.
Speaker 5: Hi. I didn't know the Olympic flame wasn't an actual flame until Yeah.
Speaker 4: Isn't that weird? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it looks like fire, but it ain't fire. It's really weird. Every city does its own version and it always involves the flame, and the flame always comes from Mount Olympus, where, of course in Greece where the first ancient Olympics, where the Olympics were created. And it's a magnifying glass thing that lights whatever paper or whatever the hell they use, some kind of kiddley you've done that, you know, where you take a magnifying glass in the middle of summer where it's really hot. And I used to have friends that use it, that used to fry ants with that. Now those kids are not doing well. They have since become arsonists. But that's how you start a flame, and that came from Mount Olympus, and then the torch is lit there and it goes around the world and it travels overseas on boats and people run it.
Speaker 4: And they have made a.
Speaker 2: Big deal out of the Olympic Flame now being part and parcel of the Olympics themselves.
Speaker 4: You can ease what during the La Olympics, you could.
Speaker 2: Buy one hundred meter or two hundred meter part of the flame or a quarter of a mile and you would buy the torch, the LA torch and run it and you actually got to keep a replica of it, which was kind of neat. You paid I don't know how many thousand dollars, two thousand dollars, and they raise money for the Olympics that way. All right, enough of that, Amy, I just said hello to you, Cono. I don't see you yet because I understand that your zoom operation is not working.
Speaker 4: Your iPad was not plugged in. Do I have that right?
Speaker 6: That is correct?
Speaker 2: Okay, So when do I get to see you? Because I love seeing you, I.
Speaker 7: Know you do. I say about seven minutes?
Speaker 4: Oh okay, all right, we'll do a countdown. Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, I just like looking at everybody because when I make fun of you and I harassed you, I like to look at the expressions. By the way, Amy, the camera is off on you.
Speaker 4: There you go. Now I can see your lovely.
Speaker 2: Countenance and good morning or continents, yeah, or incontinence one of the chills, very inappropriate. Oh, I think it's countenance to ounce.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: And I'm looking into this Olympic flame thing and when it all changed, because it definitely used to be a real flame.
Speaker 4: Oh no, no, it's always a real flame. This is just an outlier. When it comes to Los Angeles, there'll be a flame.
Speaker 2: It'll come back the way the Coliseum used to have a flame.
Speaker 4: I don't think they've changed that at all.
Speaker 2: It'll be like the flame in nineteen eighty four and the flame.
Speaker 3: Paris that's doing this weird Nona.
Speaker 2: Paris does everything weird. Opening ceremonies were weird. It's just Paris is weird. I'm gonna do a little bit more about that later on seven point thirty. I'm gonna do a story about how they had to apologize for that drag Queen Last Supper and at seven point fifty talk about.
Speaker 4: A really weird one how the food in.
Speaker 2: Paris for the Olympia ads for the athletes is not very good. People are bringing their own food in. They're doing their own takeout or take in.
Speaker 3: Fairly strange in Paris.
Speaker 4: I know that's exactly that. How do you do that?
Speaker 2: I'll tell you why, because France has taking political correctness to a degree we don't even imagine here in this country.
Speaker 4: You talk about li woke.
Speaker 2: It is on a level that is beyond anything that those of us experience. Okay, so we do not have a kneel in. He comes back on Wednesday. So Amy, it's the two of us on the news and then the rest of us throughout the rest of the show.
Speaker 4: Let's do it.
Speaker 2: It's time for handle on the news on a Monday morning, July twenty ninth, Amy and me.
Speaker 4: Late story and this I'll.
Speaker 2: Be expanding on at seven o'clock, and that is President Biden calls for Supreme Court reforms a bunch of things. He wants limited immunity for presidents. That's a big one. But the big one would be.
Speaker 4: Term limit for Supreme Court justices.
Speaker 2: The Constitution doesn't say anything about how long a justice serves. So it just so happens that by virtue of way our country was created federal judges, and this was to make sure they were unbiased are there for life. All federal judges are appointed for life, and that's to keep the bias out except when the bias comes in, then the bias is there for life.
Speaker 4: And a president.
Speaker 2: Here's the legacy of president, any president, is that if you get enough picks on the Supreme Court, in the case Trump being this time, his legacy, his conservative legacy goes for forty years or thirty five years. So we have bought ourselves a super conservative court for the next thirty thirty five years, and then we'll see thirty five years from now, and if it's a conservative president it comes into being. Guess what that gets expanded and the people, the liberals are going crazy with this.
Speaker 4: I'm going hang on a minute.
Speaker 2: You know you didn't pitch and moan when we had the super liberal war in court, did you? You thought that was just great.
Speaker 4: You had the rogue.
Speaker 2: Court, you had the Miranda court, you had you know, prisoner's rights had, the pornography is okay court you had.
Speaker 4: So you know, I'm just saying your view. You the super conservatives.
Speaker 2: Who were fighting this and had to live with it, Well, now it's gone the other way around.
Speaker 4: Hey, welcome to the constitution.
Speaker 2: Boys and girls, you know, you don't change the rules because it just doesn't go your way. Okay, let's move on seven o'clock.
Speaker 4: I'm going to do a lot more than that.
Speaker 5: As if they hadn't already nearly been burned out of existence. The people in Paradise in Butte County, you know, the city that was pretty much wiped off the face of the map in twenty eighteen by the campfire, is now under evacuation warnings because of the big fire that is burning in northern California. It's burned about three hundred and sixty thousand acres and lots of communities are under evacuation warnings.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a big one. It is a big one.
Speaker 2: Bad combination lots of fuel, very hot, very dry.
Speaker 5: And somebody who just pushed a burning truck down again to start it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and lots of wind. You put that together and you got a problem.
Speaker 4: So I have a question.
Speaker 2: If Paradise goes up again unfortunately horrifically, do you think they change the name of the town.
Speaker 4: At some point you got to go.
Speaker 2: This is not a good idea, Okay.
Speaker 3: Not a bad houl for a week's work.
Speaker 5: Vice President Kamala Harris's campaign has raised two hundred million dollars since she became the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee the election ninety nine days away. And on top of all of the donations, the campaign is saying that two of them came from first time contributors to the twenty twenty four election cycle, and that they've signed up more than one hundred and seventy thousand volunteers to help with the campaign.
Speaker 2: At first, when Kamala Harris came on the scene, and I've never been a Kamala Harris fan at all, not from the time she was the Attorney General, not from the time she was senator, none of that.
Speaker 4: And I.
Speaker 2: Was part of the group that said, you know what, how about earning your position, how about going through the primaries, how about going out there and actually working and explaining your policies. And so I was part of that group says, come on, you know what, she's getting up by default. But the more I think about this, the more I'm thinking that she could very well be the perfect choice, notwithstanding anything else. The look at what has happened as a result of her getting the presumptive nomination.
Speaker 4: You've got this incredible.
Speaker 2: Interest and money pouring in an engagement and even pro Biden fans.
Speaker 4: You know, it was sort of you know, it was.
Speaker 2: A myth at best with Biden. Now you have excitement going on. She could be politically speaking again. I know people that have met her interviewed her not very impressed with her. It's she could be the perfect choice because she is exactly anti traditional politician, black Indian, dot Indian, not if our other Indian a woman. You put all of that together, obviously pro choice. You've got some issues, and she can argue conservatism because she got in a lot of trouble as a prosecutor for going after the bad guys in a way that the conservatives just loved and are So it's there.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be an interesting race, to say the least. Okay.
Speaker 3: Israel says it will strike back.
Speaker 5: Israel promise that has below will pay the price after it blamed the Lebanese militant group for a rocket attack in the Israeli occupied Golan Heights over the weekend.
Speaker 3: Twelve children were killed.
Speaker 5: They were playing soccer on a soccer field when the air strike hit Hesbela says it denies it was behind the strike.
Speaker 2: Well, Israeli intelligence and US intelligence says O contrere. They were a couple things about this, and this is my question. Was this strike that was aimed. I don't know if they had the capability of has the capability or in this case, it happened where they could actually target this field, much like Israel has this smart weaponry that can target windows in buildings. And then the other issue is Hesbela usually takes credit for stuff like this and it still says it firmly denies it. Don't know, well, it doesn't matter as far as Israel is concerned.
Speaker 4: They're going ball to the wall that we're about.
Speaker 2: As close to a regional war as we have ever been, because now you have we're this close to a war or Israel's close to a war with.
Speaker 4: Hesba Lah also with the houties out of Yemen, and this is in.
Speaker 2: The militants out of Iraq's And when I say we were now talking about a conflagration that basically involves the entire Middle East, not good news. By the way, they Israel will take out southern Lebanon.
Speaker 4: There's no question they will, So we'll see what happens.
Speaker 2: By the way, I think they're already hitting targets if I'm not mistaking.
Speaker 3: In southern Lebanon.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, they've been trading rocket fire for quite a while. We were talking to Jordana Miller who's in Jerusalem, and she said the cross border attacks have just been going on constantly, and they've actually increased about thirty percent recently.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know where the line is where it goes from cross border attacks into full scale war. I don't quite know where to draw that line. But if it's not already over that line, it's damn close.
Speaker 5: So I guess this is one way to get people to stop using natural gas. The Southern California Gas has told the neighborhood of Portuguese Bend in Rancho Palace Verdies that they don't get gas anymore. They're going to cut the gas service off on Monday morning. They say it's due to worsening land movement. The utility didn't say exactly what had changed to prompt giving them such short notice, but the notices just went out over the weekend saying, oh, by the way, on Monday, you're losing your gas service.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now they're moving gas lines and with flexible gas lines and that sort of thing, sort of technology, But they're not saying, we don't know when it's actually be connected, so we're not going to give you any idea. By the way, don't bring in propane either, don't do anything to be without gas. Maybe now is the time to buy a piece of land. There is that an expensive area. I know, rancher Palace vertis is insanely expensive. Is Portuguese been in a particularly expensive area?
Speaker 3: Do you know, Amy, I am not familiar with that area.
Speaker 4: Hmm.
Speaker 3: Both candidates say I won.
Speaker 5: President Nicholas Maduro in Venezuela has been declared the winner in Venezuela's presidential election. The voting was held over the weekend. The National Election Council says Maduro got fifty one percent of the vote compared to opposition candidate Edmundo Gonzalez, who got forty four percent. Now the problem is Modua or Gonzalez's side is also saying that they won.
Speaker 3: They were celebrating.
Speaker 5: They saw it as a landslide victory for Gonzales based on exit polls.
Speaker 4: Of course, of course it was, but we knew Maduro was going to win. We knew Maduro was going to win before there was a vote, he would never accept the vote.
Speaker 2: The National Electoral Council happens to be selected by Maduro. So it's one of those things where, for example, the Communist Party in China, those people are actually elected.
Speaker 4: Did you know that?
Speaker 2: Sure they are putin, actually gets elected every term? Now overwhelming odds? Do you think he wins before the election? Just guessing so anyway, And I don't know how much of the world is going to recognize Maduro.
Speaker 4: Do you remember when Guido is that his name?
Speaker 2: Udo who won the last time out opposition guy in the United States and other country said he was the president.
Speaker 4: You know where he is now? He's in Miami. He's running a Venezuelan restaurant in Miami.
Speaker 2: I don't know if he's doing that or not, but yeah, welcome to the modern world.
Speaker 5: So I'm not the only one being a couch potato. The ratings are in for the Paris Olympics opening ceremony. It was a good night for NBC and Peacock. Nearly twenty nine million people watched the Friday night spectacle on the River Sin. It's a huge jump from the seventeen million who watched the kickoff to the twenty twenty one Olympics in Tokyo, eight percent higher than the Rio Olympics, but not quite as high as the London Olympics. The opening ceremonies in twenty twelve got almost forty one million viewers.
Speaker 2: I loved them. I talked to Anne over the weekend. She didn't like the opening ceremonies. I thought they were dynamite. I loved the parade of athletes board the boat. The only fun ones were when you had teams that consisted of one or two or three people, those from countries you've never heard of. Me.
Speaker 5: There are so many countries that I'm like, I've never even heard that.
Speaker 4: I know that it's crazy.
Speaker 2: You know. There are countries aside that are smaller than the Sherman Oaks Galleria and have fewer people than are there on a weekend. But I thought the opening ceremonies were just great. I mean, the visuals along the Seine were just wonderful. I'm gonna talk more about that because there was a lot of controversy, you know, the drag Queen last supper scene was a little controversial.
Speaker 4: I kind of liked it, I really did.
Speaker 5: I didn't realize it was the last Supper, or supposed to be that until the everybody started screaming about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's you know, drag Queen's the last supper in the last Supper. I cauld see that could be offensive to some people, sure, but the more offensive is of course, the more I like it. So to me, there's no such saying is too offensive. It just doesn't exist.
Speaker 3: So the goat is good to go at least, we sure hope so.
Speaker 5: Simone Biles fought off pain in her calf yesterday and posted an impressive all around score at the Olympics. In the women's qualifying round, she had a pretty much flawless balance beam routine, scored a fourteen point seventy seven. That's the highest scored on the apparatus. Overall, she got a fifty nine point five six y six impressive floor exercise, although she stepped out.
Speaker 2: Come on, Simon, Yeah, but even with that, even with that, had this been the finals, she would have taken the gold.
Speaker 4: She's that good.
Speaker 3: Oh, she's amazing.
Speaker 4: It was that strong a performance. I mean, it is just it is incredible.
Speaker 2: Even the commentators are in awe of her, as Sell say that no one's ever vaulted higher, farther, faster. I mean, really extraordinary to say the least. And her comeback, ah man. And she was never even going to be at the last Olympics. Now she's at this Olympics. A's strong as ever, and it's just she's an extraordinary and extraordinary story. And I feel real bad, unlike a lot of other apps fleets that she's in in one of the events that really doesn't pay much money, really, Simone Biles, probably twenty five million dollars a year of not enough money.
Speaker 4: But still she deserves it. That was a little sarcasting, by the way, in case she didn't get that, Amy, Oh, I just wanted to point that out.
Speaker 5: Okay, Yeah, some high tech help for the homeless. So apparently there are outdated computer systems that are making the homeless problem even worse.
Speaker 3: In LA.
Speaker 5: A report found that basic information like whether or not shelter beds are open, is often information that is not available. More than forty five thousand people are homeless in LA. So there's a guy who's the chief technology officer for Better Angels United.
Speaker 3: It's a nonprofit group.
Speaker 5: It says the technologies that don't talk to one another and lack accurate data is just making the problem worse. And so he's working on a high tech solution so that the computers can talk to each other and hopefully that will help the homeless people get shelter beds and homeless services.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it makes sense.
Speaker 2: I mean, prior to the Supreme Court case, of course, the Oregon case, you could not or city could not de encamp and encampment if there were shelter beds available.
Speaker 4: I just couldn't do it. Well, now they can.
Speaker 2: But the point is where people go, well, they go to a nearrow shelter, where do they find out where's the near a shelter that has open beds?
Speaker 4: You start calling around, and.
Speaker 2: You would think that they would have the technology or just go online and you start doing just within two miles, within three miles, do a radius search and find out which beds are open, and that doesn't exist. It's kind of surprising though, to think you would think that would How hard is it to have computer systems.
Speaker 4: Talk to each other? Obviously very hard.
Speaker 5: Speaking of the homeless situation, as you know, you mentioned the Supreme Court ruling, and then last week Governor Newsom issued an executive order saying hey, let's clear out all the homeless camps in California.
Speaker 3: Well, there are people who are homeless.
Speaker 5: And they said, fine, come clear out the camps because as soon as you leave, we're coming back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because where do they go? Where do they go?
Speaker 2: This is an answer or this is a question that I don't know how is going to be answered. You've got what in LA County sixty sixty thousand homeless people, and where do they go? And even if they do have places to go, where do they go? So let's say you are and how many homeless people you see have dogs. They're sitting out on the street corner, you know, on off ramps and you know, God bless you will work for food. Whatever they held, the sign says a lot of God bless yous. And they have a dog. And the dog is sitting there and it's sweet and it's wonderful, and it surely doesn't know that person that that little dog is with as homeless, and they just think living on the sidewalks kind of a neat thing to do. The point is those shelter will take a dog. So you ask someone, here's your choice, get rid of your dog.
Speaker 4: You have a shelter or you keep your dog which way you think they're gonna go?
Speaker 2: And this is by the thousands and thousands, and you have a dog, you know, would you give up your dog to go to a homeless shelter?
Speaker 4: Would you stay on the street. She's shaking her head. I don't know.
Speaker 3: We've been talking about this for a long time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we have.
Speaker 2: So it's a problem that's sort of insurmountable, a big time problem without spending lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of money. But you know, we're gonna be talking about this long after I'm dead.
Speaker 5: Millions watched the Olympic opening ceremonies.
Speaker 3: Millions of others went to the movies.
Speaker 5: Deadpool and Wolverine opened with the eighth highest opening weekend ever and also was the top money maker for an R rated film in an opening weekend that was held by Deadpool. But now it's Deadpool and Wolverine brought in two hundred five million dollars in its first weekend.
Speaker 4: And that's just that's just domestically.
Speaker 5: Yeah, then you add in the global numbers and it's four hundred and thirty eight million dollars in one weekend.
Speaker 2: So the thing costs an astronomical two hundred million dollars to make. I mean, that's insane money. It brings in twice that the first weekend. Yeap, this was a very good idea buying Marvel. You think that was a good idea by the Disney folks. Any Way, I hear it's a very good movie.
Speaker 4: Anyway.
Speaker 2: That's and that's the other thing is I've seen one superhero movie, and I've talked about this a lot, and it was the first iron Man movie. And I'm not big fan on superheroes, but I love the movie because it was so well done. And this got pretty good reviews, didn't it. In addition to all the superhero stuff, the movie is just well done, which I think is pretty pretty impressive or mandatory to make it a big hit.
Speaker 4: Do people go anyway? Cono, you're a superhero guy, aren't you.
Speaker 6: Yeah? I enjoy myself some superhero movies.
Speaker 4: Yeah, of course you do, because you're so mature.
Speaker 2: Does you do you still go if the movie is aunt just to see your superhero another superhero movie? No?
Speaker 6: I actually do prefer like good acting.
Speaker 2: And no, I understand that, but would if it gets let's say word of.
Speaker 4: Mouth, etc.
Speaker 2: That it's only and the reviews are only it's aunt. Do you still go because it's a superhero?
Speaker 7: Noaway for streaming? Okay, but dead pull Wolverine like it gets such high review I do want to see it in the movie theater.
Speaker 4: Okay? And are you going to?
Speaker 6: Probably not?
Speaker 3: He can't know he's moving and.
Speaker 2: He works here at iHeart and it's fifteen bucks a ticket. I understand that.
Speaker 4: Are you moving?
Speaker 2: Are you moving, by the way, Yeah, moved? Oh you moved already. Oh now you're unpacking?
Speaker 6: Correct?
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right. It's not fun, Bill, No, it's not a matter of fact.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm moving again, and it's uh, it's not fun.
Speaker 4: It's not fun.
Speaker 2: I mean, packing is let me tell you something as fat and you'll you can you can?
Speaker 4: You know? Certainly? Uh add to this is Uh, moving is such a drag. I mean watching the movers work.
Speaker 2: I just get tired watching them move the furniture and pack boxes and put them on the trucks and drive them.
Speaker 4: It's it's difficult.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, I'm the mover. You're looking at them there? Really? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Oh how does that work?
Speaker 7: I did google how much movers costs, and I was like, nope.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's pretty pricey to say the least. But that's why I got invented movers. Okay, uh, let's go ahead. Nice huh.
Speaker 4: But did you get any friends to help you? At least?
Speaker 6: I don't have many.
Speaker 4: Okay, so you moved yourself?
Speaker 6: Yeah no, yeah, just me. I have brothers.
Speaker 4: Okay. You buying pizza? It's usually pizza and beer. Beer.
Speaker 6: Couldn't afford the pizza fair enough?
Speaker 5: Okay, Well this could help with the parking issues at the Hollywood Bowl. Metro is taking public comment about its plan to extend the K line up through Hollywood. Right now, the route connects Westchester to the Expo Line and the Lax Station then is expected to open later this year. But they're looking at some proposals that would connect the K line to the D Line on Wilshire and the B Line in Hollywood and Highland. And that couldn't include adding a final stop at the Hollywood Bowl.
Speaker 4: You ever parked at the Hollywood Bowl?
Speaker 3: I just did over the weekend.
Speaker 4: Yeah, isn't that a delight parking? It couldn't today.
Speaker 2: You couldn't get a permit to park there or to build that parking structure if someone held a gun to your head. So you get to park, one behind the other behind there, and you have to wait as you're leaving until the car right in front of you.
Speaker 4: Or the car right in back of you pulls out. You're sandwiched.
Speaker 5: Yeah, when we got to our car Saturday night, the people in back of us literally were like clapping and cheering, and we got there pretty quick, but they were excited because, like you said, you're stuck until the people before you leave.
Speaker 2: I have been there and people go out, and I get there early, so I can get out fairly early, and maybe two three cars back from the very front row, and I have sat there for twenty five minutes while everybody was pulling out, and the people in front of me and behind me finally show up, and the drivers in a walker walking along, And this is when you kick out the walker from under people. This is when you go, Okay, there has to be a better way, And now we could get a new line to the Hollywood Bowl.
Speaker 3: But then you'd have to take a metro train.
Speaker 2: That's true, Yeah, and then you would die on the way there anyway, So it all works out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you remember that song, Hey, baby, let's go to Vegas. MM, well, now you can again because the freeway is reopened. All lanes of the fifteen were closed for almost forty eight hours. Will started telling about the telling us about this. On Friday morning, a big rig overturned and it was carrying lithium batteries and it caught fire, and that created a possible hazardous materials situation. So they just shut the whole thing down between Barstow and Baker for forty eight hours.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you're caught in traffic, can't get in, can't get out. Well, it's like being at the Hollywood Bowl and parking you can't move, except this is for forty eight hours, and it's on the way to Las Vegas and it's one hundred and twenty degrees outside.
Speaker 4: How can we haven't had stories of people dying.
Speaker 3: Because nobody died?
Speaker 4: I mean, what do you do? I think the story is that they bring water? Did they? I mean, this is crazy, I don't know.
Speaker 5: But the just the location of where that happened was also a problem for the first responders, like they couldn't get to it because the traffic was so bad.
Speaker 3: Yea, so it took it longer.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it didn't work for Steve Bannon, but maybe it will for Mark Meadows. Mark Meadows is appealing to the Supreme Court asking them to take up his bid to move the Georgia election subversion prosecution against him in the federal court. And he's saying then he would bring arguments that he is entitled to immunity from the charges. Right now, it's in state court, and the US Circuit Court of Appeals, the Eleventh Circuit said last year that the Georgia prosecution against Meadows should move forward in state court.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was a weird Supreme Court decision that this is.
Speaker 2: A part of the concept that Donald Trump is truly the teflon president. His argument that he said he has immunity from prosecution no matter what he does as president, and the Supreme Court basically gave it to him. It has to determine what is an official act, and the presumption is that anything he does is an official act. So now the Trump case goes back, and of course that's going to be decided whether what he did with actually stooping what's the face Stormy Daniels and paying her off, was that an official act or not.
Speaker 4: I mean, who the hell knows at this point.
Speaker 2: But Mark Meadows is using that Supreme Court decision saying that everything he did was an official act and therefore he was acting on behalf of the president, and therefore he is immune from prosecution. So we'll see if the Supreme Court intervenes, they might Who the hell knows. And here's boy, here's something about the third rail.
Speaker 3: Huh yeah, stopped dead in his tracks.
Speaker 4: Ooh, very strong.
Speaker 3: No it's bad.
Speaker 4: No, man, it's very good.
Speaker 2: Any good punt about people dying, I think is always very strong.
Speaker 3: Okay, you're rubbing off on me.
Speaker 5: A man died on Saturday on the Red Line tracks inside a tunnel between Universal City and North Hollywood, and officials went to check it out and they were like, how did this happen?
Speaker 3: Did he get run over? And they say, it doesn't appear that he was hit by a train.
Speaker 5: It appears that he touched the third rail and got electrocuted and died.
Speaker 2: I have a question, And that is the quote from the story. It doesn't appear like he was hit by a train. When you are hit by a train, isn't that a parent like instantly? And when you are not hit by a train.
Speaker 3: Isn't that a parent good point?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you would think it would just be he wasn't hit by a train, he was electrocuted. But and that's nearly well, it depends, you know how entertaining that is because if you look at I was once on a train on the way to San Diego and some guy stepped in front of the train.
Speaker 4: Oh four hours.
Speaker 2: We were sitting there on the train, on that train while the corners brought out there we're just pieces of him. I mean, he's just sitting in front of a train. And the corner had to go out and investigate. Was sent her to investigate. They could have just brought a fire truck with a fire hose, cleaned it off, and we're on our way.
Speaker 5: Oo.
Speaker 2: We have to wait for the corner to say, yeah, I think he's dead. All fifty eight pieces and he looks like Hamburger. You know, I have a question. Am I going a little bit too far too quickly on a Monday morning?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Okay, we're done.
Speaker 2: KFIAM six forty live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show Catch My Show Monday through Friday six am to nine am and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app,