Speaker 1: With the Planet Fitness Black Card. You don't just get a great workout, you get a great perk out because your membership is packed with perks.
Speaker 2: For one dollar down in twenty four to ninety nine a month.
Speaker 3: If you'll get perks like access to any of our twenty four hundred clean and spacious locations.
Speaker 1: Bring your friend anytime.
Speaker 3: They both work out what tons of equipment that'll give you that big fitness energy. Relax on the Black Cart, spaw and more workout in perkout with the PF Plant Card.
Speaker 4: Joined for just one dollar down in twenty four to ninety nine a month.
Speaker 1: See Hoole Club for details.
Speaker 5: This is the story of the one who, as a maintenance specialist for a historic hygh rise, knows that vintage charm historically needs constant attention, which is why when it's time to upgrade, turn at the Century Mechanicals. They turn to Granger, with easy access to a million plus products and the scale to deliver when and where you need them. The right tools and supplies are never far away, so the one can keep that vintage building running like new. Call Clickgranger dot com or just dot buy Ranger for the ones who get it done.
Speaker 6: Transcribe Kathy and Elliott Lewis on stage. Kathy Lewis Elliott Lewis, two of the most distinguished names in radio, opening tonight in their own theater.
Speaker 1: Starring in a repertory of stories of their own.
Speaker 6: And you're choosing radio's foremost players and radio's foremost plays. Drama, comedy, adventure, mystery, melodrama.
Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 4: Mister Elliott Lewis, Good, Evening, may I present my wife, Kathy Good Evening. Tonight is our opening night, and tonight is the first day of the new year. So we're going to do a comedy for you to start our new series.
Speaker 7: Something like a spray of confetti to go with the season. A story about a young man and his wife in nineteen fifty nice people, not rich, not poor, happy with each other, you know.
Speaker 8: Nice.
Speaker 4: So tonight we present String bow Tie by Morton Fine and David Freakin. My name in the play is Gerson Hapsmith.
Speaker 8: And I'm Laurie Hapsmith, and.
Speaker 1: We're married and we live in New York.
Speaker 4: The opening scene has to do with Laurie. She's got a seat on the Seventh Avenue subway. It's New Year's Eve, afternoon, and she's on our way home from work. At the moment, she's upset because the seated man next door is working the crossword puzzle and doesn't know the three letter word for the web footed diving bird of the Arctic Sea.
Speaker 8: Laurie knows awk M sixteen down.
Speaker 7: It's uk auk now extinct.
Speaker 8: It's very cold in the Arctic. Here's the paper.
Speaker 1: You work it out, yes, thank you. By that's Laurie.
Speaker 4: Easy to get along with, even on a subway where people are pretty tough to get along with. To make a point out of it, Laurie in a way she knows, makes herself smaller so that very large woman will have ample room on the seat.
Speaker 7: You crowded, dear No, not at all. Do you have a pencil? Oh sure, sure, Dearie.
Speaker 9: Wait, I'll find it somewhere. I got it here some place at my face.
Speaker 7: Oh here, thank you. I like to wear crossford puzzles on her way home. Oh thanks, they're extinct now, Dearie. Yes, I know swy which one honey across or down upstair on the advertisement where see the one between the termite service and the cheese crack is saw wee? Oh?
Speaker 8: You mean the picture of the man in a string bow tie sitting at.
Speaker 9: The piano schezzo a man's cologne to quicken the pulse of women. Oh you know something, why I understand perfectly the emotions of those four women seated at his feet. Oh look at that man, dearie.
Speaker 7: Uh huh.
Speaker 9: Let me know when we get the Times Square. Yesterday I ended up in Bronx Park just staring at him.
Speaker 7: That fella is a real beauty. Do you really think so? Huh? Just me?
Speaker 9: We all over town ladies standing around staring, admiring. Oh, no, wonder the way he sits there at the piano, hands poised over. Who knows what strange melody, the grace of that fellow. The passion is my husband down to his fingertips, smoldering written all over him.
Speaker 8: He's my husband.
Speaker 7: Ah honest. What's his name?
Speaker 8: Gerson?
Speaker 7: Gerson? Gerson?
Speaker 8: What Gerson? Halfsmith?
Speaker 7: Dearie, what let me ask you something? No?
Speaker 8: So we honey, this is Times Square?
Speaker 9: Who needs it? I've got a little shoping to do in Bronx Park. Gerson, I'm home, Gerson.
Speaker 8: Oh what are you doing?
Speaker 4: I was trying to ride a slogan for the agency what account lempkey water biscuit account. It's gonna be tough. What rhymes with lemp key? Mh give me here, Laurie him.
Speaker 7: I want to tell you something lover her. It happened again today on the subway.
Speaker 1: Did I have a big house mobbed?
Speaker 8: Then there was a woman who sat next.
Speaker 1: To me, blonde brunette both.
Speaker 7: Oh honey, you're the heartbeat of the subway circuits. You know what that woman said about your picture? Zoue.
Speaker 1: You don't know the half of it.
Speaker 8: Tell me the half of it.
Speaker 4: Mister Honeywell at the agency called me in and said they formed a fan club in Bronx Park.
Speaker 7: Do me a favor, Gerson, Sure, kiss me anytime. Oh five million quickening posts in New York.
Speaker 8: Gerson, you're my man?
Speaker 1: Yeah, baby, Baby? You jealous?
Speaker 8: Why should I be jealous? Just to be missus Hapsmith is all I ever wanted?
Speaker 4: Crazy the way it happened four years ago and the model didn't show up, Mister Honeywell tapped me for the job, pulled me away.
Speaker 1: From my typewriter, thrust a string bow tie.
Speaker 7: In my hand and said this is it, Hapsmith.
Speaker 1: No, No, he didn't.
Speaker 4: He just told me to climb into the bow tie and run upstairs and sit in front of the piano.
Speaker 1: Four years ago, and they just released it.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 4: My pictures in every bus and subway in New York. You know what mister Honeywell said.
Speaker 1: To me today.
Speaker 8: He asked you for the bow tie.
Speaker 4: No, he said, this is it, Hapsmith. We've just landed the nine star meat account. I want you to pose for it in mutton chop whiskers.
Speaker 7: Oh no, you won't, not my Gerson, Not in mutton shop.
Speaker 1: That's what I told mister Honeywell.
Speaker 4: A place in an advertising agency for me is in the back of a typewriter making up slogans.
Speaker 8: That's telling mister Honeywell.
Speaker 4: Come on, let's get dressed baby. New Year's Eves, Manhattan.
Speaker 1: You wear the off the show, then you wear something for me too.
Speaker 8: What the string bow tie?
Speaker 1: You kidding?
Speaker 8: I wanna show you. Ah, you kidding to all of New York. The man in this string bow tie is mon.
Speaker 7: No listen, baby, I get the woman behind the man who quickens the pulses is me.
Speaker 8: You just run along something of that bow tigers.
Speaker 4: I don't even know how to tie at Mister Honeywell tied it for me.
Speaker 8: Anything, honeywell can do for you?
Speaker 1: I can do, mister Honeywell.
Speaker 10: They do you really want me to?
Speaker 1: Please? Baby? You don't have to say please to me.
Speaker 11: Erson, Just go get the bow tie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's the stat Come on. Oh, I don't know why you supposed to go out on New Year's Eve.
Speaker 7: Everything is so wonderful, even a crowded subway.
Speaker 4: I want to tell you something. But here we are, twelve feet.
Speaker 1: On the ground.
Speaker 8: Figures, there's two of us.
Speaker 4: No, I mean here we are you and I rushing around.
Speaker 1: In a subway and a crowd.
Speaker 7: Of people not crowded down the other end of the car.
Speaker 9: Gerson, Why did you have to pick a seat right under your pickles?
Speaker 1: Let me finish with you.
Speaker 4: Sorry, crowd of people and I feel like we're alone, Laurie, hurtling through space alone?
Speaker 7: Please? Could I just squeeze in here? Foot?
Speaker 1: Well here, I'll get up.
Speaker 7: Oh no, you don't.
Speaker 8: You just sit there.
Speaker 7: I squeeze in between you.
Speaker 9: You mind scooching over a little, madam.
Speaker 1: There we are, I'm over here, Laurie.
Speaker 7: Mister yeah, you're skirts though, aren't you?
Speaker 9: When you got on I told my girlfriend Janis, there's skirts of the man in the string boat tied and Janni said to me, she said, every time you get on the subway, you're touch dreaming.
Speaker 7: Really Jennis, Jennis, it's him.
Speaker 4: Wave to Jenny's Yes, all right, hi Janice.
Speaker 9: Young lady, listen, madam, you've had him since twenty third Street.
Speaker 7: Don't be ahog. I'm going to feel silly saying it, but I'm going to say it.
Speaker 8: This man is mine ha haha. Put your money where your mouth is, madam.
Speaker 7: Ask him, hey, skeats him? Are you hurt?
Speaker 1: She's my wife?
Speaker 7: Well if she is your.
Speaker 9: Wife, pray Tell who are those four girls on the advertisement who are scattered beneath your piano?
Speaker 4: Well they're models, that's all, just girls.
Speaker 7: So that's all. Are you honest, young lady? Yes, madam, beat it blow Go tell Janie.
Speaker 8: She wants you. Look Madam.
Speaker 9: You might be married to him and all, but I'd like to explain the facts of life to you. The minute he got up in that advertisement, he belonged to humanity female type.
Speaker 8: Can I fix your bot tye sketshi? Yes, go ahead, yes, where we get off, GIRs.
Speaker 1: The lady just wan belong to humanity?
Speaker 8: Gerson and they're waiting for you up there.
Speaker 7: Let's hurry before the door slams in your face. Gersy mm hm, you do a stunning wolf.
Speaker 1: Four or four is my favorite temple.
Speaker 7: I'm having a lovely time too, Oh, just dancing like this beautiful cafe champagne. You feel a champagne?
Speaker 12: Me too?
Speaker 7: Me too.
Speaker 1: Let's go back to the table and have some more champagne. I love that song.
Speaker 8: What song song?
Speaker 4: The orchestra is just playing Tennessee wolves. Let it be our song. Here's our table.
Speaker 1: What are you singing? I song that's not the Tennessee walls. Baby. Our song goes like this.
Speaker 8: Oh oh, oh, oh, oh Mychael.
Speaker 12: Pardon me, friend, yes, what is it? You're the boy that posed for that pity few man.
Speaker 8: Give him a shirt?
Speaker 13: No, wait, don't bother with the pencil, friend, Just the question, are you am? I what the buster who sits at the piano?
Speaker 12: See?
Speaker 13: I only asked because you weren't a bow tie like him. You got a face like him. The only difference is you only got one dame and no piano.
Speaker 4: Come here, I'll tell you, yeah, I happened to be that chap.
Speaker 13: Well, I'll tell you what chap I happen to be. Just put your hand in my pocket and feel. That's right now, now'll take your hand out.
Speaker 12: What did you feel?
Speaker 4: A Smith weston thirty eight SnO No Series, nineteen twenty seven.
Speaker 1: Hey, Laurie, you know what was in his pocket? A Smith West?
Speaker 12: Let's leave, I said, sit down, you're him? How must do?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 12: That's all I want to know.
Speaker 7: I'll put you you talk to me like that again, and I'll scream.
Speaker 12: Well before you do, lady, I want to tell you something. You you know the Hudson Tunnel.
Speaker 1: Sure, we take from them all the time, and we go to Jersey. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, you know that concrete pedestal that the policeman stands on.
Speaker 12: It's just before you hit the jery Zy sign.
Speaker 1: Know it very well? You remember, Laura.
Speaker 12: It's my favorite mine too.
Speaker 13: That particular concrete pedestal is composed of five ingredients, sand cement, and three of my favorite boys.
Speaker 2: Just because they wouldn't pay any attention to me.
Speaker 12: So would you please?
Speaker 1: Would you pay attention to me?
Speaker 7: We're all ears?
Speaker 12: Shall watch boat to you? Now? Let's go celebrate New Year's Eve? Shall we? My way?
Speaker 6: You're listening to Kathy and Elliott Lewis on stage tonight's play The String bow Tie.
Speaker 1: Laurie, Yes, dear, is he still laving?
Speaker 7: Yes, dear?
Speaker 12: Keep walking?
Speaker 7: Come on, look look mister, why are you doing this to us? You want our money?
Speaker 12: What sheep walking?
Speaker 7: But who are you?
Speaker 8: Why are you picking on us?
Speaker 2: Nineteen fifty three is going to be a nice yeah, so do yourselves a favor.
Speaker 12: Live through it, all right, I'm back, all of us, Come on, let's go all right, Thomas take us home, mister.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's on account of this string bow tie.
Speaker 12: Huh, it's not a kind of that, hey, buster me. Yeah?
Speaker 13: How come that when you stuck your hand in my pocket? You knew right away without looking at The gun was a Smitt and Wesson ninety eighth Snubnose series nineteen twenty seven.
Speaker 4: By work in an advertising agency. I wrote a slogan for it for Catalog. Oh yeah, how to go use a Smith Wesson and be sure?
Speaker 2: Oh you know, you just happened to be the fellow who made me switch from a cold forty five.
Speaker 7: I hate to louse up your testimonial, but I'd like to point a few things out to you.
Speaker 12: You're a title.
Speaker 7: This is a very serious offense, kidnapping us out of a nightclub, taking ring us to a place or places unknown, and for such a flimsy reason because my husband is on a subway card.
Speaker 12: I hate him? Me?
Speaker 1: What did I ever do to you?
Speaker 4: You'll see, look, sir, I just happen to be a fellow named Gerson.
Speaker 13: Halfs that just happened to be a fellow named William Bailey who hates you?
Speaker 7: Where are you taking us? You'll see, Gerson?
Speaker 8: What say something?
Speaker 7: Make mister Bailey realize that he's not dealing with a cardboard personality. Make him know what's in store for him if he doesn't let us off right away.
Speaker 5: This is the story of the one who, as a maintenance specialist for a historic eye Rise, knows that vintage charm historically needs constant attention, which is why when it's time to upgrade, turn at the century mechanicals. They turn to Grater, with easy access to a million plus products and the scale to deliver when and where you need them. The right tools and supplies are never far away, so the one can keep that vintage building running like new. Call Clickranger dot com or just stop buying Ranger For the ones who get it done.
Speaker 14: Extreme cold weather advisory.
Speaker 7: Effect this morning.
Speaker 1: You're a contractor, you have a contract. Guys. Come on, let's do this.
Speaker 3: A little snow and ice isn't stopping you, Not today, not any day. Shouldn't your flashing tape be working through it all?
Speaker 7: Too?
Speaker 11: Only?
Speaker 3: Frog Tape pro Grade flashing tapes high performance acrylic adhesive sticks, resticks and stays stuck even on the roughest surfaces and rain, snow, heat, and more so you stay in control when it matters most show weather. Who's boss with frog Tape pro grade flashing tape?
Speaker 12: Yeah, make me do that.
Speaker 4: Go on, mister Bailey, Yeah, this is madness, that's all you're going to say.
Speaker 8: Gerson, Gerson, you're my man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, mister Bailey. Yeah. You don't think you're gonna get away with this, do you.
Speaker 4: What's the big idea of holding a gun on us and marching us out of a nightclub, making us walk down the street, making us get into a long black car and driving us away.
Speaker 12: What's the big idea that?
Speaker 7: Huh?
Speaker 4: This is civilization we got going for us here, fellow, there's no place in it for the primitive, the predatory emotion.
Speaker 1: You say you hate me, I don't hate you. My wife doesn't hate you. Although the seed is there.
Speaker 4: You think the world's against you, don't you. Well, somewhere down the line, you've been tricked, mister Bailey.
Speaker 1: Bill disillusioned. Oh now, lord, just because I paused for an ad.
Speaker 12: Hey, I know what.
Speaker 1: I'll take off the string bow tie and hunch that.
Speaker 12: Tie and I will break your arm here here and here.
Speaker 7: Listen you, you.
Speaker 1: Hulum renegade matter factor.
Speaker 7: You listen to me. You houdlm you leave my husband alone. It isn't his fault. He's wearing that string bow tie.
Speaker 8: I made him put it on. Anything that's going to happen should happen.
Speaker 7: To me, not him.
Speaker 13: Maybe maybe what a dame in a Hudson tunnel? Hmmm, dame, that'll pose quite a problem for a concrete mixer.
Speaker 2: Wonder if he knows the recipe? Just flow people come on.
Speaker 12: Inside?
Speaker 1: Oh my huh you like it?
Speaker 12: Eh?
Speaker 7: Oh well, you must be the greatest utelam of them all to be able to afford this, mister Bailey bernas in such beautiful tastes, such excusitic you ought to be proud of this place.
Speaker 13: Yes I am, I am, and I can tell you this lady, there is never going to be another place like it.
Speaker 7: Uh. The decorator, Yeah, Hudson song, the one in the middle.
Speaker 12: Uh, Carolyn, it's me, it's me. Come on out here. I got something for you.
Speaker 7: Oh, Billy, you brought him? Hi me, You're cute him.
Speaker 2: He's cute, Carolynn.
Speaker 7: He's cute.
Speaker 12: You like him?
Speaker 7: Man, tell him to walk around?
Speaker 12: Walk? Walk?
Speaker 1: What do you mean?
Speaker 12: Listen you, My wife wants you to walk, So do it.
Speaker 1: I don't understand.
Speaker 12: Stick his head right in the light socket, so help me out.
Speaker 7: Wait wait, wait, wait a minute, I'll explain it to him. Gerson. Honey, the man he's got a gun. He's pointing at it. You.
Speaker 8: He wants you to walk.
Speaker 7: You know how that bit goes first this foot and then that foot, and then before you know.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, yeah, all right, that's enough, come back.
Speaker 7: Well cute.
Speaker 12: You know why I brought him here, Carolyn.
Speaker 7: Because you love me, Billy, Billy loves me.
Speaker 13: I brought him here so that you can see in a flash this guy that you have been moping over since you saw that advertisement in the subway.
Speaker 7: Billy's good to me. What's your thank you?
Speaker 1: Gerson?
Speaker 8: You see, Billy, I told you you guessed his name was Gerson.
Speaker 7: He's cute.
Speaker 2: Shee, Carolyn, Carolyn, I'm talking to you.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 12: I want proof to you, Carolyn, that this Geyson who sits in.
Speaker 13: Front of a piano on the skite so cologne ed, he is a Geyson like any other Geyson.
Speaker 12: He's just a guy. See, he is not somebody who every morning, noon and night you say to me, why you ain't you like him? Billy?
Speaker 7: Well look at him, you ain't.
Speaker 12: Hm.
Speaker 2: I can see that the only way to have piece and quiet around here is to do what we come here to do. So get the bottle, Carolin. You ever seen a bottle of this stuff Gyson?
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, sure, that's Scarzo, the men's cologne that me and my bow tie and the piano is supposed to quicken pusses with.
Speaker 1: It's the large economy.
Speaker 7: Have some now, look, mister Bailey, Gerson just dabs that stuff behind his ears.
Speaker 8: He doesn't drink it.
Speaker 4: All right, mister, you got us up here and throw a bottle of cologne in my face?
Speaker 1: Now what do you want me to do?
Speaker 12: See that piano? Sure?
Speaker 1: Play? Sure? Then we can go.
Speaker 12: He can't play, she can and can't even play, so goodbye?
Speaker 1: Who says I can't play?
Speaker 7: Hey?
Speaker 13: Play sure, but that's good, that's fine, great, I'm glad that you can, so we can clear this up. Listen, Guyson, you got the bow tie. You stink of skite, so and now you're going to play. There is just one thing. You'll quicken my wife's pulse.
Speaker 12: And you are dead.
Speaker 1: So go play.
Speaker 7: Oh my, you like this, go go?
Speaker 13: Please note the vein of my wife's troke. There is a tribe there that wasn't there before. It's been seventeen years since I have seen that tribe.
Speaker 8: Why don't just take it easy, mister Carolyn Carolyn? He is good, isn't he?
Speaker 7: Carolyn?
Speaker 12: Good? Look at him?
Speaker 7: The way he sits there, the way he sits there, fingers poised over.
Speaker 8: Who knows what strange melody?
Speaker 7: Strange melody, the talents that Gerson has.
Speaker 8: Tell me, tell me all sorts of thing.
Speaker 13: Tell your husband to tin around, because I hate to give it the folks in the back.
Speaker 7: Just one second more, mister Billy Carolyn, Honey, yeah, he does all sorts of things. You think his piano playing is good? I do? I do?
Speaker 8: You want to hear him whistle.
Speaker 1: Oh my, guy said, yes, ma'am, whistle whistle?
Speaker 8: What I don't know anything?
Speaker 7: Our song? Gerson?
Speaker 1: Oh yes, well all right, oh.
Speaker 11: My, you like that?
Speaker 7: The Tennessee Watts is my favorite? That does it? You can have him?
Speaker 12: Huh?
Speaker 7: Don't you see he's not for me anymore? Those two made for each other. Listen to me, mister Baileyville.
Speaker 8: Why should I try to fight it or you?
Speaker 12: Why don't I just kill him?
Speaker 7: That's a good idea, don't you see? It's the only way get him out of our lives once and for all. This this man, this monster, this wrecker of home.
Speaker 8: Laurie, be quiet, you wrecker of home?
Speaker 7: I said, be quiet?
Speaker 2: What kind of a way is that for a lady to talk to her husband?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 7: This man gets his face displayed in the subway. And what happens after eight years? He's not mine anymore. He belongs to the world. Who needs it?
Speaker 12: Hey, lady, that is your husband.
Speaker 7: Yeah, killed and after eighteen years your life what is it? Shambles?
Speaker 12: Get rid of him, lady, do it not? Lady, he's your husband.
Speaker 2: You'll be doing a good There is no way to talk about your husband.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 12: Look, I'm older than you. And I know you you hide a fellow when you talk about him like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, poor boy.
Speaker 13: Yeah, you're married to him, So be married to him through thick and thin. Yeah, that's the only way we know, Carolyn and I. Yeah, come here and sit by me, Carolyn, now here.
Speaker 12: By my feet?
Speaker 8: Now, where was I through thick and thin?
Speaker 12: Yeah? Through thick and thin?
Speaker 13: Yeah, the years comedy, years ago, but it is always a pleasant thing to have by your side.
Speaker 12: One's helped me, Dear Billy.
Speaker 7: Move over, honey, I want to sit by his feet too.
Speaker 13: As one sails his ship through the great sea of life, knocked about by the storm and his strike.
Speaker 4: Let me sit down too, pardon me, I buy the storm and this.
Speaker 13: Uh yeah, knocked about by those things. Well, one has a friend. One reaches calm waters. Billy, Yeah, I.
Speaker 8: Feel so sentimental, me too.
Speaker 7: Play something for us, Billy on the piano.
Speaker 10: Oh well, all right, he's been taking lessons.
Speaker 7: For almost a month now, since you're at the adjacent.
Speaker 4: Mm h, come on, let's steal away so you, uh, mister Bailey. Yeah, by now, have a happy New year.
Speaker 12: Yeah you too, Remember what I told.
Speaker 8: You, lady, I'll remember.
Speaker 1: Oh, he's satisfying.
Speaker 7: Very I saved your life.
Speaker 1: It almost got me killed. You and your ideas. I didn't want to wear this stringbow tie.
Speaker 7: Yes, ring for the elevator.
Speaker 4: Dear, Well, come on, Laurie, let's go out into the world and have us a happy New Year.
Speaker 7: Can you make room for me?
Speaker 11: Dearie?
Speaker 7: Oh sure, say?
Speaker 1: Don't I know you?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 8: Of course we talked the other day. I borrowed a pencil from you to do a crossword puzzle.
Speaker 12: I know you.
Speaker 9: You're the girl who's married to that man in the string bow tie.
Speaker 8: That's right, And whatever happened to him?
Speaker 9: What do you mean he's not up there in the ad anymore? Now there's another gent The man's standing by a fireplace with those four hounds at his feet.
Speaker 7: Is that man in that ad? There in mutton chop whiskers?
Speaker 8: Oh zowey, you like him as well as the man in the string bowt.
Speaker 9: Oh better better look at those whiskers, dear How would you like to run your hands through them?
Speaker 8: I have huh he's my husband him you what.
Speaker 7: Did you do with the other one?
Speaker 4: Get rid of him?
Speaker 7: New year?
Speaker 9: Oh, dearie, let me ask you something about the new one in the Mutton Chop, Whiskers, sow Wee, The.
Speaker 6: String bow Tie, starring Kathy and Elliott Lewis now once again Mister and Missus Lewis.
Speaker 7: We'd like to thank our good friend and Sheldon Leonard and Mary Jane Croft who came down tonight to help us start the new year and our new series by playing mister and Missus Bill Bailey.
Speaker 4: Yes, and Martha Wentworth, the Lady on the Subway, Vivi Janis who helped fix my tie, and Byron Kane who couldn't spell awk. Now next week, Kathy, Well, just.
Speaker 7: Before we went into rehearsal today we got a copy of next week's play, The Drunken Sailor. It was written for us by a very fine new radio writer.
Speaker 8: Richard Chandley. It's a spy story, exciting.
Speaker 12: And well you'll see yeah.
Speaker 4: And a week after that, a comedy about a nice girl and the bum written for us by Richard Powell.
Speaker 8: Thank you all for listening. A very happy new year, good night, good night.
Speaker 6: The String bow Tie was written by Morton Fine David Friedkin. The theme for Kathy and Elliott Lewis on stage was written by Ray Noble. Music for the program was composed by Fred Steiner and conducted by Lud Gluskin, Kathy and Elliott Lewis on stage is transcribed and directed by mister Lewis.
Speaker 1: George Wall speaking.
Speaker 6: And remember John lond As Yours Truly. Johnny Dollair brings you colorful mystery Friday nights on the CBS Radio Network.
Speaker 14: Hey there, listeners, are you ready to unlock a world of captivating stories, soothing sounds, and enlightening lectures At Solgod Media. We believe in the power of audio to enrich your life, and now we're offering you a chance to experience it all for free. For a limited time, you can get a one month free trial to our premium ad free service. Imagine having unlimited access to over five hundred audio books, meditative sounds, and exclusive shows all at your fingertips. Just head over to Solgodmedia dot com and sign up to start your free trial today. No ads, no interruptions, just pure immersive audio content. Don't miss out transform your listening experience with sol Good Media. Visitsolgodmedia dot com and start your free trial now. We can't wait for you to join our audio community. Happy listening. Welcome to sol Good media where your journey into a world of endless audio possibilities begins. Imagine a place where you can discover thousands of captivating audiobooks, immerse yourself in tranquil sounds for sleep and meditation, and explore timeless stories and lectures that expand your mind and enrich your soul. At solgodmedia dot com, we believe in the power of stories to transform lives. Whether you're a lifelong learner, a parent seeking bedtime stories for your children, or someone looking to unwind after a long day, we have something just for you. We invite you to try sol Good Media free for one month. Explore our extensive collection and find the perfect audio content that resonates with you. Join our community of passionate listeners and unlock a world of knowledge, relaxation, and inspiration. Visit solwidmedia dot com today and start your free trial. That's s O L G O O D M E d i A dot com