Speaker 1: History. You know what it is.
Speaker 2: I'm just while playing for you. I had some some Califino. I had a wet salad. It was like a little piece of bacon exactly. Tomatos Blue Chee Dressing listens saying you come through you used, you can come to pick up or look through the app, the Wonder app from a cold Cheryl.
Speaker 3: We want to g e r A L.
Speaker 2: One to fifteen dollars off your first two orders. Set that real quickly. Also got my my Daylab air buds. All right, so if you go to w W dot s qro dot com, go sponsors right.
Speaker 3: Get nice paying through some nice air buds.
Speaker 2: He's a cool he's coming, he's coming low case right here from your part, put your key change.
Speaker 3: Right, this came go.
Speaker 2: Who's who's the and compared to myself, Tom that's cool. Is the day Lab air buds my sponsor right there?
Speaker 3: You know what it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm loving on case saying I know I'm on the case. I got permissioned to be here, so of course.
Speaker 3: I'm here. My guests are dys good.
Speaker 1: What's man? How you doing?
Speaker 3: But I'm good?
Speaker 2: So like here we are unannounced, nobody know what's going on. Today, So say this is what it is?
Speaker 3: What else? Real quick?
Speaker 1: Right where I'm in the gym right now?
Speaker 4: It's my boys, my boys a little gym.
Speaker 3: Yeah like you was like two more minutes and I'm head to the gym real quick to re court.
Speaker 4: There is goody to ask you, yeah, to hit the workout after this.
Speaker 3: I'm playing with it.
Speaker 1: This gym is called real strikers.
Speaker 3: Like where's it at?
Speaker 1: Its stream?
Speaker 3: Okay? So best right, got real quick? Okay ba ba bet So that's get into it.
Speaker 2: Half I like half energy left so yeah, that's.
Speaker 3: So typed by who you are?
Speaker 1: All right. So my name is Harveer Singh.
Speaker 4: I'm twenty seven years old, competitive kickboxer, multi fighter. I fight in New York, I fight in different states. I fight in a different countries Columbia, Thailand, And yeah, I teach upreneur. I have business uh in schools, gyms, dojo's, karate, kickbox and stand up ground everything, self defensese, women's classes. So yeah, live breathe martial arts.
Speaker 2: Yeah like now, but I'll think y'all notice right, but me and Harvard's training together at the same dojo like in a long long ago.
Speaker 1: That's all right, back to the.
Speaker 2: Day in same Okay, that's tough, tough, kal die car go right here.
Speaker 3: We're not right here, right here in Queens.
Speaker 1: Village.
Speaker 2: It's on two twenty second. It's on two twenty two twenty street to make.
Speaker 3: An ad cam.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, right by Springfield. Yeah. Back in the days when Gerald used to wheel kick people in the face.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you remember that.
Speaker 1: I remember those, man, I remember those.
Speaker 2: I finished the wheel kick look like a like a verse spinning dust kick.
Speaker 1: Gerald.
Speaker 4: It was crafty with the kicks. Man's crafty with the kicks. Very agile in my own.
Speaker 3: Finisher that speaking of finish to fallow wrestling or.
Speaker 4: No, not too much anymore because there's busy working training, you know. Family said, what about what about the uf all other stuff?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I follow UFC, I follow see kickboxing like one Championship, like uh K one beyond like that kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: R W s.
Speaker 3: Okay, bet, but I had from my notes hear to your instagram mm hmm. But while I do that, right, Uh, what's the accolades as far as what.
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: So like, hold on about the about the public gram right now?
Speaker 2: What's second?
Speaker 3: Oh, Puck, what's what's your fand plucking quick brand.
Speaker 4: Uh past the juice, past the juice with two underscores at the end.
Speaker 3: Past past the juice. Yeah, Jamaican Guyanese. What's what's their flag?
Speaker 1: That's India, that's uh my dad is Punjabi.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you got three.
Speaker 2: You got three nationalities India, Guyana and Jamaica.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: Yeah so yeah, a one time white type champion become kickboxing champion. You'll talk about that thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, uh I have it's actually supposed to be uh an extra kickboxing championship.
Speaker 1: I have to update it.
Speaker 4: But I have a Pan American kickboxing championship that I got and I had to travel to South America. I have U and the rest are all like regional like New York and local scene like championships.
Speaker 1: All for like one five pound weight classes.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, and you're you're like you're independent, right, You're in the you go you're independent fighter.
Speaker 4: Right in terms of like like where I fight? Yeah, like like like the gym that I fight out.
Speaker 3: Of, well, well you you tell me, you tell.
Speaker 4: Me for like yeah, so I pretty much I fight like everywhere like kind of just wherever wherever I go. I'm not like on that level of like signing a contract for like UFC kind of thing.
Speaker 1: Not yet anyways, but but.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I just I kind of have that freedom where I can travel to like different countries look for fights.
Speaker 1: And that's kind of what I do.
Speaker 4: Okay, two different states national Uh. I have two national titles for botching that I got in different states.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, so what what what leads?
Speaker 2: What promotions have you like fat for?
Speaker 1: I fought for Flex Fight Series.
Speaker 4: I have a couple of championships under them, that's the main one. In New York, I fought for Warriors Cup that's a more Thai league in New York.
Speaker 1: I fought for w k's that's.
Speaker 4: Like a more national uh read like uh East Coast, West coast kind of scene.
Speaker 1: Uh. And I fought for w k's and uh uh Columbia.
Speaker 4: Uh yeah, yeah, a little bit, a little bit still still building up, you know, I got more stuff to do. And then I fought for w m O, which is the World moy Thai Organization in Thailand.
Speaker 2: Okay, and how do you so, how do you how do you how do you fighting in these different arenas?
Speaker 3: Like do you get invited or how how does that work a lot of them.
Speaker 4: Well, the ones that I go out of country for are all like you have to qualify for them, so you have to fight for a spot in those in those tournaments.
Speaker 1: Uh. I'm usually fighting in like.
Speaker 4: Tournaments like on a world level, So a bunch of different countries all pulling up to fight in one specific tournament, a bunch of fights over like two three days.
Speaker 3: Okay, and how do you find out? How do you like how do you like learn about the tournaments? Like, how do you like learn about the tournaments?
Speaker 4: Like how they have they have like fights to qualify for those tournaments.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but how do you know so I'm have a qualified mass? How do you know that the tournament.
Speaker 4: They kind of announced it, they like announced it and like the fighters know about it. Got they have different, like different criteria to even be in like the kind of like those kind of fights to qualify, like you have to have a certain amount of fights already, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Okay, hst I quick, how.
Speaker 2: I'm still get less of questions? Move and that help you.
Speaker 1: Fighting?
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, cool, Okay, tell us about being a personal trainer. Tell us about that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I've been training now people for about like fourteen years.
Speaker 3: Fourteen years, so we started thirteen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, but for money, I've been doing it maybe like six seven years, seven years. But I started off personal training as like as like a help for my uh my senses in like different h different places I was learning. I started off doing like classes for people on the spectrum. I would just help out with those kind of classes because there's a lot of martial arts, a lot of martial arts is it's like good for building coordination, you know, discipline, that kind of stuff. So that's where I started, was there in high school, in middle school.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, well tell me about what's it called hi Cardio.
Speaker 4: Hit style training is like high intensity interval training that's like cardio kickboxing. So I do like cardio kickboxing classes, high page like fast music, weights, a bunch of bags, that kind of stuff. I've been doing those kind of classes for maybe like seven seven years, like the same same amount of time.
Speaker 3: So where's where's so where's that at?
Speaker 4: So right now I do classes, group classes and hurts at this place called Warren Leavy Martial Arts, and then I teach at a bunch of different schools and locally on the Burrows and Long Island, like all over.
Speaker 3: Come on those we don't know.
Speaker 2: We're at New York sitting there the same and what and what beat New bullies and stuff? All right, bet bet this trailer I saw on vimeo, right, tell me about that.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, that's so that was like something that I had done at the start of my career. So like it was for my second second amateur kickboxing fight. A camera crew had hit me up and said they wanted to follow me around leading to the fight, and so they they filmed like maybe like a week before the fight, like me and the gym.
Speaker 1: They filmed me like in my personal life.
Speaker 4: We went to a couple of different places, they interviewed me that kind of stuff, and then they came to my fight. They filmed at the fight, and then that fight, I actually ended up getting a second round knockout. Eighteen seconds into the second round kick I had kicked this dude and knocked out three of his teeth and cut and broke his jawn half and he was out for for They had to they had to take him right to the hospital. Of course, yeah, because that's never really that's not necessarily the goal. Like we go in there to to like compete and like like basically hurt each other, but you never, like I'm never necessarily going into like hurt someone badly for the rest of their life.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 4: That is something that's unfortunately part of what we do, you know. But but yeah, so so they caught that knockout on on on camera and uh, it's all part of the documentary.
Speaker 1: You can catch it.
Speaker 4: I'm actually gonna drop it on my Instagram and about to the whole the whole documentary in.
Speaker 2: That kind of arena, right, that kind of that kind of situation, like that's upcoming, right, is it like possible to get you know.
Speaker 3: Or like you no, like for hitting too hard or.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: No, it's like it's like Ivan Drado, if if he dies, he dies.
Speaker 3: I'm a tired body. I'm a tired Yeah.
Speaker 1: I hear you, I hear you.
Speaker 4: But yeah, the the goal isn't for me at least to not hurt anybody past a certain point. But you know, the goal for me going in is definitely to put some pain on someone, but but never to like kill or like.
Speaker 1: You know that kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: And we did. We did karate tournaments you right back, and oh yeah, and the point wasn't you know, to hurt the person, right, just like to score the point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, to show that you have that that ability and and.
Speaker 3: Also that control.
Speaker 4: Mm hm.
Speaker 2: So if you hurt somebody, you do get penalized. Yeah, yeah, yeah, all right, cool, cool cool.
Speaker 3: I got the question the audience when we were coming this one right here. This is very interesting. So how do you monetize being a personal fighter?
Speaker 1: Mmmm? That's an interesting one. That's a good one.
Speaker 4: So there's a there's that's that's actually uh, that's a very like uh, I guess the lucrative, lucrative kind of kind of thing.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of different ways to monetize all off of being a fighter that's not directly coming from the ring.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: So what I do currently is I do personal training, and I'm an entrepreneur. I have a business and that kind of stuff. So I so I leverage my experience and my fight career in the fields that I'm trying that I'm doing business and to show that I experience and that I'm capable and I have a lot of knowledge. Like as far as martial arts, I've been training martial arts for twenty three years of my life.
Speaker 1: You know, so I have a lot of experience, but.
Speaker 4: Other than leveraging it for like personal training or business, what I'm trying to get into now is like videoing and social media. My social media is passed juice, but yeah, I'm trying to start dropping more videos, get a little bit more involved. I've had sponsors in the past. Ye, sponsors is a big one. I've had sponsors. One time, one of my sponsors pulled me out to LA and at the end of my trip in La, they he had me in a big, big mansion in Beverly Hills for a party. It's one of the craziest experiences of my life. But yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I've had. I've been I've I've I've had I've been blessed to have a lot of people take interest in me over my life in terms of like sponsors and stuff like that. Like even like not even monetarily, you can get sponsors as a fighter for things you need like food or recovery or even gym members tips, you know that kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: You know, So there's a lot of.
Speaker 4: Different ways to leverage uh the fighter to make money that's not necessarily that check at the end of like fighting in the right.
Speaker 2: The Chris that question earlier, just now because he is the hotline at nine one, seven to eighth and texts VOICEMAI calling whatever else. The hot line also hashtags real social media to ask you questions.
Speaker 1: Is that there?
Speaker 3: Chris also asked using the hot line, what were some what were some of your sponsors?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so some of my sponsors have been like Reset Float, that's like a recovery spot I was using. I had like local food places like Taco Express. I've had like one of my biggest sponsors were I don't know if you know PABs Blue Ribbon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the beer I had them.
Speaker 4: Uh, I don't know if you're familiar with the They were gone for a little bit, but they came back.
Speaker 1: But it was a marijuana company called Packwoods. Yeah.
Speaker 4: They used to be one of my sponsors too. They flew me out to l A and they paid for my trip. They gave me a stipend.
Speaker 1: You know. I've had like under Armor send me clothing and shoe. Uh. I've had a few. Yeah, I've had a few.
Speaker 3: Okay that.
Speaker 2: Talk about boy Ricky used the hotline. He wanted to he wanted to ask this personally so his name. How would you feel against a wrestler or someone bigger than you?
Speaker 1: It's uh, it depends on the context of the fight.
Speaker 4: I guess if you're fighting in the street it would be a different set of things to do than if you're fighting in like an MMA fight or.
Speaker 1: Like a boxing kick boxing fight.
Speaker 4: So I'll say, like, if you're fighting in an MMA fight, I guess the best thing to know against a grappler would be takedown defense and how to get up. You know, as a striker, you want to keep it on the feet, right person, person, Okay, yeah, but that's how I would do it in an MMA setting, is to work to take down defense stuff to take downs, keep people from you know, getting at my legs when I don't want them to. If we're talking about in a street fight, I'm kicking someone in the balls, That's the first thing I'm doing.
Speaker 1: Fair enough, I'm in.
Speaker 4: The balls, and see what he got to do after that, you know, like street fights, the street fight, I'm I'm trying to walk away perfectly fine, you know.
Speaker 3: Okay, So you have anything you have anything upcoming, like you know, like like like bookings or et cetera.
Speaker 4: No, I think I'm actually supposed to do a podcast interview I think next week for for one of the fight the fights, uh the fight cards that I fight for the promotion it's called Flex Fight Series. If you follow my Instagram, I'll be posting about that. But but yeah, in terms of fighting, uh like competition, I am in process of looking for a new gym, like a new camp, so we're gonna see. I'm also I'm thinking about some big things coming up soon. So so I don't have anything scheduled as of yet, but I'm definitely cooking cooking some stuff up.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, cup, But I guess the same thing. What's uh, what's next for you?
Speaker 4: Honestly, I don't know what exactly is next for me because because we never know what comes next, we could hope we know or hope for things to come. But if I could control what came next for me, uh, I would you know, start getting my social media influence up, you know, start uh like taking taking certain things a little bit more serious and putting that full foot on the gas yeah to the mat and.
Speaker 1: Just going all the way and whatever that is. You know, that's what it is.
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, I want to fight Warriors Cup in New York, get a belt from over there. I want to fight uh in a few different promotions. But yeah, okay, okay, that's.
Speaker 3: That's all I got. Really, last thing would be last I have here.
Speaker 2: One of them is being I'm just talking about about almost like Kyo died.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm, Kyo die. Man, that was a that was a different era, bro, that was a different era.
Speaker 4: You can't have you can't have something so special and unique like Kyoda in today's in today's time, you know, And it was.
Speaker 3: Huh it's still wrong.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know, I know, but but I mean, like in the type of way that we were brought up like they they I I honestly believe and I and I'm sure you might feel similar that Kyota helped to teach me a lot of things that I needed to know as an adults.
Speaker 1: People, a person, yeah, as a person, just a human being. You know.
Speaker 3: On the other day he was saying what you say, She was saying that that was his goal, help people grow up people.
Speaker 4: That's my guy, man. She Hunt Georgia Ashcar is my god. That's like my father figure growing up. He taught me so much, even his son, but dear Ascar taught me so much. But coming up a little bit about coming up in Kyota, I was was like, there's so much but if you did, if you, if you, if you fucked around, you would find out like if you if you were like trying to like be bad or whatever, like and our she Hunt or our senses thought they needed to help you to get back on the path.
Speaker 2: Back in the day in the old country, right, like if like he was up in the street, right, your neighbors whoever.
Speaker 3: For you, and then and then you go home.
Speaker 1: What's the Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: I remember a few times when I would get in trouble in school, my mom would take me to Kyota and she would tell she Han or not even her, she would make me tell she Han myself, and then she Hunted with she Hunt would uh yeah, yeah, yeah right, you would be like, oh, really like Chris and I let me get.
Speaker 1: This dad.
Speaker 2: It's funny too, because I didn't. I didn't get I got good grades, but like you know, some type in trouble with school.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, but that was us being kids, and that's that's what we needed, you know, because kids will always be kids.
Speaker 1: They'll do stupid things.
Speaker 3: She's like yo, she listen.
Speaker 4: I'll never forget one time I was my mom. I was being bad in like the sixth grade. My mom brought me to she hunt, and she hun, he brought the shanai out. He did what he did with the shannai. He made me do like a thousand pull up, I mean thousand push ups, and.
Speaker 1: Then he made me right. He made me right about why I was wrong. I wrote the front and back page.
Speaker 4: But I remember coming out of all of that like feeling like, yo, I'm changed, Like I'm not doing this stupid shit.
Speaker 3: I noticed right like like if you could make it there, you could make it anywhere.
Speaker 4: Yo, bro, that's life, man, You know, making on the small scale. You can make it on the big scale.
Speaker 2: But not even like a small scale. I'll I'll give him a sample, right, No, ten minutes late, right the class?
Speaker 3: Yeah, pushups? Right, that's nothing, so like so like that's nothing now, but you know how I.
Speaker 2: Went to school in class, right, I do twenty push ups or fifty push ups, nothing compared, say, like what we know is em saying.
Speaker 1: Like that.
Speaker 4: I remember being a kid, like coming up in high school and doing like the President's fitness tests and kids couldn't even do like past ten push ups.
Speaker 1: They couldn't. They couldn't.
Speaker 4: Oh it was hard, yeah, yeah, no, it set us up. It set us up in a good way for for life. Taught us discipline, taught us about hard work and you know the things that she hunt and everybody else a kyoto I taught to us when we were kids, is what I try to teach to my kids, like my students, you know, and like I try to carry those same values over, you know.
Speaker 1: And and that's like the of martial.
Speaker 3: Arts father, right, would you all enroll hit into the dojo?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah. My daughter takes karate classes where I work.
Speaker 4: She's very she's very small. She's six, she's about to be six h less than a month. But but but yeah, when she gets a little older, I'm gonna put her in some jiu jitsu.
Speaker 1: Uh. I'll teach her to stand up, to strike in and all that. Myself.
Speaker 2: Hey, my daughter wants to do karate, So I said, all right, another year, you mean when you want to do it in fine, you know, right, And that was like the minimum age that she will take you at, you know. Well, like I feel like, see, I feel like.
Speaker 3: A little bit more h how old?
Speaker 1: How old is your baby? Six? Okay? Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's a good age. That's a good age.
Speaker 3: I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I started at five.
Speaker 4: You know, we start like I start kids as young as like two, three years old even, oh no, like daycare.
Speaker 1: I do daycares sometimes.
Speaker 3: Oh six is the good of that's what you're smart.
Speaker 1: That's a great age. You ever want, bro, you should bring her in to where I'm at.
Speaker 4: You get some get a free class, couple of free classes. Come on in, let's see how she likes it. We I'm in Pedarhurst. Oh yeah, yeah, it's close. It's close to kind of fake close to Kyota.
Speaker 3: Yeah all right, cool cool, cool before you go home. Plugs clos Olidia Bookings.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: So so my name is Harvier saying, you know, my social media is past the juice Underscore underscore. That's my Instagram.
Speaker 1: Uh. I have a business Strong Island Martial Arts contracting in schools, elementary schools, public schools. I work for the DOE certified, you know, trying to build that up God willing, you know. But but yeah, I just do this ship. I do this stuff for. Uh. I shouldn't say that I do this stuff for love. You know.
Speaker 4: Martial arts is where I live and that's God willing. That's what I'll do for the rest of my life.
Speaker 3: All right, all right, that is happening. Last things you want to say, and that's the words you want to say.
Speaker 1: No, I think I think it's all said and done. Man, I think I said it all. You know.
Speaker 3: I bet that that on here, I'm about to die.
Speaker 4: Yeah, my guys hopping into the gym right now, we're about to get some working, I bet. All right, Bro, good to see your brother. So we got to get up one of these days. Gerald, we got to hang out.
Speaker 3: Bron come down and bring your daughter.
Speaker 4: Bro, you can bring your daughter to a class when my daughter's taking class to My daughter is very friendly, so she'll make sure your daughter is comfortable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, take it easy, man, all right