Speaker 1: Running a strange program.
Speaker 2: Y'all.
Speaker 3: This is the Other side of Midnight Weekend Review with Walter Sterling.
Speaker 1: Here's the story of a.
Speaker 4: Radio executive who met with enormous success. His head overflowed with brilliant ideas and he really knew how to dress. But his bosses, we're all idiots, and all his brilliant force for not.
Speaker 5: So he had to set up on his own like some disgraced cosmonaut and now walks back on the radio sharing his brilliance insights it.
Speaker 4: And that's why we call this program the Other side of.
Speaker 5: Midnight, the other saw.
Speaker 6: Side.
Speaker 7: It's me on.
Speaker 1: Which side of midnight are you on tonight? Dave Scott? Which side of midnight? Because it doesn't say how many sides there are?
Speaker 8: Well, I'm officially now on your side of midnight.
Speaker 1: How does that feel?
Speaker 8: Well? It feels brand new, like the day just started.
Speaker 1: It doesn't feel refleshed. When you're with me, it's like springtime.
Speaker 8: When I'm with you on the radio, it is like a nice fresh cologne that is just sprayed that you walk into and you're like, wow, I smell good.
Speaker 1: They run.
Speaker 8: I don't know. I'm just I'm a metaphor in waiting right now.
Speaker 1: Well, that's a great How do you manage that, I mean, a metaphor in waiting? Very few? Were you an English major?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 8: No, I just try and use new big words every day to make myself sound a little bit more important than I am.
Speaker 1: Dave, you're plenty important because you're Canadian, and Canadians have he's a known Canadian. You have secret powers. You have secret powers. You know, for example, that those forest fires were probably set, and if they weren't set, they are they are exploding because they are chemically treated trees. I love it when people say, well, you know, the forest fires, that's just wood burning. It's like, there's no way it's just wood burning. And it's not just wood burning. It's wood that's been treated with the very same thing that round up is made out of.
Speaker 8: Right, pretty much pretty much, And I'm going to see if I'm back if my driveway explodes, because I literally have weeds all over my driveway. Up to where I live. Having a paved driveway is considered a luxury. Well sure most of us, most of us have gravel driveways up here. But you know, the big the big thing is, you know, I'll give you an example, Walter, to continue from our conversation last night, about seven and a half miles from me, not very far. Forest fire starts earlier today today today, Wow, like this afternoon, not very hot out, Okay, there's no reason, like like we're talking below twenty five degrees celsius, which I believe.
Speaker 1: What's that eighty?
Speaker 8: No, not even I think it's like seventy three seventy four degrees okay, And I'm trying to do the translation here. It sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Okay. They bring in a couple of water bombers, Okay, they bring in a helicopter to douse that. They send some fire Who's out there, you know? Who wasn't there our local volunteer fire department?
Speaker 1: Oh of course not.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I was watching them in my backyard trade and do their fire practice on a Tuesday night. Never mind the forest fire that's burning up there, okay, never mind that, you know, and the fact that from about six o'clock on there was no airplanes or helicopters flying in and out of that area. How do I know that? Well? I live about three quarters of a mile from the runway of our very tiny airport. You have a forest fire near a populated area and your volunteer firefighters are told to stand down and wait. Does that make sense?
Speaker 1: It makes sense in the world of mystery, Yes, in the world of mysteries, which is our world, our world of mysteries, there are things that absolutely don't make any sense at all. For example, and it took me a while to admit this. I finally had to admit and perhaps you will now that when it says on the orange juice container, I have to turn on my headphones because nothing works on the orange juice container. It says no pulp, light pulp or heavy pulp. Three different levels of pulp. How do they make that happen? And what actually is the pulp? You're not going to tell me they have gradations of pulp from oranges. There must be some artificial ingredient generating the illusion of pulp. That is a great mystery, don't you think.
Speaker 8: I'm just wondering who's the person who has to pull the extra pump pulp out? And do you really trust a person who who is finicky about their pulp?
Speaker 1: I find it very suspicious. The other thing I find suspicious, and I've never figured this one out. When you buy eggs normal, large, extra large, and jumbo, right, they're all priced the same. How does that make sense? I always buy jumbo. I wouldn't think of buying anything less because if it's the same price as regular, why wouldn't I get the jumbo?
Speaker 8: Because I think it doesn't it have to do something with the breed of chicken for the size of the egg.
Speaker 1: No, it doesn't it, No, it doesn't. You know, it does have to do with the breed of the chicken, which was surprising to me. I thought it had to do with diet. If it's brown or white, those are different hens, different chickens.
Speaker 8: Yes, yes, that I do know.
Speaker 6: Fascinating, totally fascinating.
Speaker 1: Now what about this guy?
Speaker 8: And I apologize for not knowing more. My dad spent thirty years of the chicken industry, so I apologize for not being able to answer that.
Speaker 1: Sorry, it's not something that would come up with Thanksgiving.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 1: The other thing that I am fascinated by was that there is a a sasquatch sample in some lab somewhere that some scientists is refusing to do a DNA test on.
Speaker 8: Have you heard this, Well, if it's a sample from the guy who goes by the nickname Snake. I don't this guy has been thoroughly carved a new one, and let me explain why. Apparently this gentleman sat was walking through the forest one day and found an alleged body of a sasquatch. He immediately picked it up. Okay, it was about seven feet eight feet it was already starting to decompose, and he allegedly picked it up, put it in the back of his hillbilly truck, and you know, and drove to his home where I think he put it in a freezer and then called up his some university and said, hey, will you do a DNA study on this? And they said that the DNA came out as fifty percent human, fifty percent something else. And the problem is the university has never released if it even looked at the sasquatch.
Speaker 1: Right, That's what's so weird to me. That's the mystery. Why aren't they even looking?
Speaker 8: Because this guy is a is And I'm going to be very careful with my words here because I don't want to, you know, impugne myself. But allegedly this gentleman is a has been known to put fraudulent things on the internet before, allegedly, and not many people, if any, are believing the Bigfoot story about him actually having a body to actually take to the scientist. I think scientists would be excited about this. I don't think, you know, like everybody says, if the Sasquatch was was found, the Smithsonian would come in, government official would come take it over, and the story would be pretty much like the UFO story, will be shoved under the mattress for a long time that nobody would see. I'm not really buying that story. I think there are not encounters around where we know that there is something unique and special about the Sasquatch, and that's the reason why we haven't found an official body.
Speaker 1: All right. Dave Scott a known Canadian spaced out radio. Everything he's ever done is on YouTube but spaced out radio. Do you have other updates for us?
Speaker 8: Tonight we got a major, major UFO update, And you know what, sometimes the world of news moves very fast, Walter, you know that from your years of experience. Last night I was talking about Ross Coltart saying that there is no speech planned for President Trump to come out. Well, apparently in forty eight hours there could be an announcement could be now. Apparently from my sources have told me that there are a number of people moving or making their way to Washington, DC. People within the UFO world, not the community that I'm in, but we're talking the government side of community. A couple of journalists have been tipped off that there is going to be something happening with UFOs, and then I'm not sure if you know a legendary radio host and journalist from Las Vegas, George Knapp, he just released today a long one hour interview with billionaire hotel tycoon Robert Bigelow, who is also the head of Bigelow Industries Bigelow Aerospace out of Las Vegas, and Bigelow came out with NAP saying that in February he had a seventy five minute conversation with President Trump about disclosure, UFOs and ET contact. Bigelow literally went on to say that he believes that these species have been here long before humans, forever here, and that he encouraged the President to say this quote and I'm going to quote it here. A non human intelligent presence has been on Earth for a very long time, using spacecraft and with performances completely beyond our capabilities and our human physics. Bigelo said, mister President, that's what you need to say to the public. You say it nothing else. You don't answer any questions. You walk away from the microphones and leave it at that. Now, Trump didn't say whether or not he would do it, nor did Bigelow state anything out of his respective of his friendship with Donald Trump. Did he say that he would say how the President reacted to that. But Bigelow has been involved in the UFO world for a number of years, and then after twenty eighteen when he did a sixty minutes interview on UFOs and his hotel tycoon business, he kind of disappeared for a number of years and just kind of went silent. So it's very interesting that all of a sudden, his seventy four year old billionaire is popping back up in the UFO world and having conversations with the president about disclosure.
Speaker 1: The legendary Dave Scott spaced out radio. I think that that's a myth. I don't think our president's about to read a speech. Just the thought of him reading a speech is earth shattering. If he has an announcement to make I also can't imagine he'd make it and then walk off, although that might be the fan fantasy of the speech writer. I do believe there had better be an announcement about some of those files soon because because we're going to not care soon.
Speaker 8: Yeah, And I think that's what Bigelow was trying to get through to him. Bigelow went a little bit further than just this conversation. He basically called humanity Klingons if you ever watched Star Trek before, they are the bad species of aliens. He called us humans them, saying that the aliens are basically afraid of us because all we want to do is seek and destroy. That's all we want to do, and they're not liking us very much, and they're afraid of us, you know, which counters many other of the of the threat narrative that the government and government officials have been putting out about this subject. But he goes on to say, look, not all alien species are nice. They're not all going to shake your hand. If you try and put your hand out, some we'll probably try to eat you. But nonetheless it is something that he says, we have a major issue here that needs to come out and it needs to come forward and that starts with the President. And you know he did his best. He's hoping to get more time with the President to talk about this subject in the near future.
Speaker 1: All right, Dave Scott, spaced Out Radio, spaced Outradio dot Com, great website, terrific shows on YouTube, and a store that has the remarkable image of Walter Sterling in a UFO. Thanks very much, Dave Scott. It's about twenty minutes past the hour. Twenty minutes past the hour on the Great Shift, the First Shift. This is the other side of midnight from the Red Apple Audio Networks.
Speaker 3: This is the other side of midnight. Weekend Review with Walter Sterling. This is the other side of midnight with Walter Sterling Weekend Review.
Speaker 1: What did you do wrong that you're listening to me? Now? What exactly did you do wrong? Live Radio All Night, The Very Best Shift with Tom in Virginia. Welcome to the other side of midnight.
Speaker 8: All right, Yeah, I love your show.
Speaker 1: And I love you Tom, I love you.
Speaker 8: Okay, can you recommend a book about Tartaria?
Speaker 1: I found that the best source of information about Tartaria is to google it because there isn't a lot, but what is best and useful are constant updates online. There are a number of alternative history experts that are researching it right now and they're updating it online. That's where I would go.
Speaker 8: Okay, I'm blind, but okay, I want to call and see. But that's very interesting.
Speaker 1: It's it.
Speaker 8: Well, if if I could get free electricity, it wouldn't that be what We wouldn't have to worry about the golf of mems.
Speaker 1: We wouldn't have to worry about the gulf of her moves. We wouldn't have to worry about a lot. But it also was power. It was from the lay lines and it was from the ether. It was collected in homes that were outfitted with copper wires and network of copper wires. It was brought to a central collection point in the house, which you and I would call a fireplace. But those fireplaces in those houses from before eighteen fifty, those fireplaces have no carbon charring. There's no Isn't that amazing. They're immaculate because there was no wood burning in there.
Speaker 8: Okay, I want to call. Okay, Well, thank you very much.
Speaker 9: A great show.
Speaker 1: I appreciate every time. Thank you, sir, Thank you eight hundred and eight four eight nine two to two. John on Staten Island, John, have you seen the Ferry Hawks? Have you gone and watched the Ferry Hawks?
Speaker 9: I haven't since they rebranded, but I've been to a state aland Yankees game in my life. But I guess it's really the same team that they rebranded.
Speaker 1: Obviously they are in partnership with the Red Apple Audio Networks and the Yankees. That's a lot of a lot of horsepower there. And I believe we'll.
Speaker 9: Have redo that and pretend that I went in, Yes.
Speaker 1: You should, you should, they should. Thank you.
Speaker 9: Thanks for thinking like aho of it in this jursey. You mentioned before that you were flat footed and left handed, and I'm flat footed myself, and it's it's very rare I run into a fellow flat footed misfit, and I'm not quite fully left handed. I'm I'm actually what's called h You might enjoy this one. It might be a fun fact. It's called cross dominant, oh, which means like, there's certain certain things that I'm left handed in, but not fully left handed, which is so I kind of get like a touch of it.
Speaker 1: But uh, what what are you dominant? Left handed in? What are you dominant left handed in?
Speaker 9: So it's mostly the uh mostly shows in sports like any anything that I have to hold the two hands. So in sports like baseball, I throw right handed but bat left handed, golf, I'm a left the hockey, I'm a left across lefty, or even like shoveling snow, and I would do it with the lefty form. So anything like that, I'm left the end. Then, even when I was younger, I did martial arts for a while. Uh my my main kicking foot was my left. I was more comfortable kicking lefty. So it's weird how it arise. Actually, if you look at the MLB, it's actually more common than you think you would think otherwise, there's a lot of players that throw righty but bat lefty.
Speaker 1: There's a tremendous advantage if you're left handed in many sports, especially baseball, if you can, if you're ambidextrics about batting, you can use either either hand your gold. If you can truly uh pick left handed your gold. And it's a fascinating thing. And you're also are you flat footed? Is that what you said?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I am. And the reason I brought up both I was curious which one you think is worse. You seem not to like either one for good reason. I'm curious with me.
Speaker 1: I use the left handed thing for an excuse when something doesn't work right, I say, well, that's because I'm left handed, and nobody knows.
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 1: They don't know the other thing, though, as I found when I was a kid, it was much worse being left handed because of the desks in school and the way the spiral binders are made and the three ring binders are made. I had to take the paper out of the three ring binder, put it to the left, and then I could write. But I could never write in the three ring binder. What's much worse is being I have two problems with my feet. I'm flat footed, and I have an accessory navicular. Do you know what that is?
Speaker 9: I don't, but I'm excited to learn.
Speaker 1: I know who wouldn't be excited to learn about my feet. Here's the deal. Below my arch, about an inch below my arch both arches, there's a bone. It's a bone almost, as it can be any size, but in my case it's almost the size of the ankle. And what it does is it keeps that arch down it waits down the arch and it pronates my foot, which is so attractive and in adolescence. When I grew four sizes in one year, it hurt like hell. It hurt like hell, And then I found out it would have kept me out of the army.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but that is the one, the one benefit of it. But otherwise otherwise it's not so great. It definitely caused a lot, a lot of pain until there. For a long time I didn't know I was flat with it, right, and the kid playing sports and stuff. I just get severe pains in my legs and like, had no idea why had the stress fractures. But anybody out there that's getting pains in their legs, in their back, get your feet checks. Probably stemming from what I think.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, no, you go.
Speaker 9: Ahead, No, no, it's your show.
Speaker 1: Please. What I found very distressing is when I realized John the day that there were no parades, marches, telethons to raise money for people who are flat footed.
Speaker 9: Well, I think it would almost be rude to have a march for flat footed people making fun of them.
Speaker 1: Very good, you're absolutely right, Well, but we could have a telethon. Can we have a GoFundMe page.
Speaker 9: Honestly, let's start it. I'll take them three money, why not? All right, that's that's your custom Orphotics is very expensive customer.
Speaker 1: The prescription orthotics can run three four hundred bucks. But they are God sense. They are the best thing.
Speaker 9: Life changing, life changing.
Speaker 1: Absolutely well, I'll tell you something about this. Let me let me share this story that oh my, thank god. Let me share you a GoFundMe story. That's amazing. Listen to the go fundme story. Thank you very much for calling John. I appreciate it. From Staten Island eight hundred eight four eight nine two to two two. Now listen to this California radio DJ accused of bilking fans out of more than one hundred thousand dollars raised off go fundme for medical bills. I'm like, what DJ, What DJ scam people allegedly, Well, it's not a DJ. It's the mistake newspaper print people make all the time.
Speaker 9: Oh.
Speaker 1: We're on WGN in Chicago. Very proud to be on WGN in Chicago. We're also on WABC in New York, Katie Ka, and Pittsburgh. Hello, We're on WCCO in Minneapolis. Big giant Radio stations. Very proud to be on those stations. We super serve you. Yes, hey, you know what, I'll read live copy for you. I'll do whatever you need to do. Uh yeah, we forgot about that. Okay, let me do that in a few minutes. A former California RAI host not a DJ, and his journalist wife have been accused of spending much of the money they raised in an online fundraiser for frivolous expenses rather than his medical bills. And I'm like, what, what kind of wacky DJ did this? Ron Owens? What? Ron Owens, a longtime anchor on KGO Radio. He's eighty years old, promoted GoFundMe last year to raise money for his family, saying he and his wife were dealing with an overwhelming financial difficulties amid his profound health challenges. Well, I need to frame this, ladies and gentlemen. Ron Owens is not a DJ. Ron Owens is one of the greatest talk show hosts who ever lived. And he was the star of KGO Radio until it was decimated by an incompetent corporation. Just decimated, but he was the star. Ron made a good buck. So Ron allegedly has Parkinson's. Well, that's not alleged he as Parkinson has survived four bouts of cancer jeez ron, which the fundraiser said has taken a toll both physically and financially on his family. It noted that their supplemental health insurance does not cover all the residual health care expenses. Following Owen's multiple left health crisises, which included COVID, It noted that their supplemental health insurance does not cover residual health care expenses. Following Owen's multiple health crisises, but the US Trustees Office has since found that just over ten percent, or about seventeen thousand dollars, of the roughly one hundred and thirty two thousand dollars raised was used for pharmacy and medical expenses. He did a gofundmet got about one hundred and thirty two thousand and bucks and only use seventeen thousand of it for medical needs. Allegedly, most of the rest of the money, they say instead went to mortgage payments totally more than sixty one thousand dollars, and to limited liabilities companies they controlled, to which they contributed more than forty four thousand dollars, the trustees' office said in a filing on Monday. The family also allegedly used the funds to splurge on food delivery, credit card payments, their daughter's legal expenses, travel expenses, retail purchases. Meanwhile, they were taking in more than twenty thousand dollars a month income and spent more than five hundred and twenty thousand out of their own bank accounts. Well, I've always wondered, haven't you always wondered about GoFundMe pages. How is the money tracked? How do we know that it goes to what was promised that we were told to do. I've always wondered about that. Now I don't know how a trustee gets involved. I don't understand any of this, but I know about Ron Owens. Let me just share with you a few moments.
Speaker 6: This.
Speaker 1: Ron Owens is a great talk show host. I didn't know he had bouts with cancer. Here's how I feel. If you give money to go fund me, not a real charity. But if you give money to go fund me, congratulations, it's gone. You don't get to track it. That's their money. They said, Listen, we're sick. If you're sick. If you have cancer three times, you should have food delivery at home. Take the food, pay for retail expenses, buy nice things. You're eighty years old. You're eighty years old, You've had three bouts of cancer, you had COVID, you spent a career on the radio. There's hell right there. That's enough. And if he wanted to buy stuff, food, retail expenses. It didn't say anything about going to Monaco. He just had a lot of expenses related to being at home and not working, and he didn't want to be homeless. He used some of the money to pay his mortgage, sixty one thousand dollars for mortgage. Well, forgive me, how is that different than charities that give money to veterans to pay off their mortgages. It's a charity. These are qualified people. Ron Owens had a mortgage. You signed up for the only fans or the GoFundMe. The GoFundMe, not the only fans. I have that on my mind because of Denise Richards. Denise Richards only fans, And I say, if you give money to gofund me, that's on you. Whatever happens there, whatever the money is used for after you give it to go fund me. That's what happens. That's the deal. All of those living expenses, the retail the mortgages, the car payments, whatever the Iran Owens spent the money on is isn't wacky. If you're out of work, you're eighty years old, and you're suffering from cancer and you had COVID, all of those expenses needed to be met so that you could deal with the medical issue. I don't think he did anything wrong at all. As I'm going through this here, I don't think he did anything wrong. Well, now you know what the MBAs would say. The optics aren't great. No, the optics on this aren't great. Here's a GoFundMe page man who was very sick. Some of the money did not go to pharmaceuticals, did not go directly to medical care, but it did go directly to human care, to personal care. And again, these are people anybody who donated Toron Owens, talk show host in San Francisco to help him in a tough time. Those were fans. They wanted to give him that money, They wanted to be his friend, They wanted to say thank you for thousands of years of great broadcasting on KGO, which was a great radio station until it was decimated by a really marginal company. Hey William, remember those two cuts? I suggest, did you play in a row? Are they ready? Can we do that? All right? Go ahead and do that?
Speaker 10: What if the mental asylums of the eighteen hundreds were never built for insane people at all? Look at these buildings. They're absolutely massive, thousands of rooms, entire wings, stretching for what seems like forever. Some of them look more like palaces, cathedrals, or government complexes than hospitals, and that raises a strange question. Why would anyone build mental asylums on this scale, especially when most people at the time were living in small, wooden homes. History tells us these places were built to house the mentally ill, but some researchers believe there may have been another purpose, because in the late eighteen hundreds and early nineteen hundreds, people could be institutionalized for reasons that sound unbelievable today, questioning authority, refusing social norms, holding unconventional beliefs, or simply being considered difficult to control. And then there is another mystery. Many of these buildings were later abandoned, demolished, or left to decay. Some of the most impressive structures of their era simply disappeared, almost like nobody wanted future generations asking questions about them. Now, combine that with theories about lost history, old world architecture, and hidden chapters of the past, and a disturbing possibility begins to emerge. What if these buildings were not created to treat people who were mentally ill, but to remove people who challenge the system? Because if history is written by the victors, how would we ever know the difference.
Speaker 2: We're not actually in the year twenty twenty six, We're living in the year seventeen twenty nine. Everything you know about history, every war, every emperor, every civilization is only what you've been told. You weren't there, Neither was I. We just accepted the timeline we were given and never questioned it. But what if almost three hundred years never happened. There's a theory that claims history was rewritten and an entire era was added to the calendar. That means today's date could be completely wrong, not by a few years, by almost three centuries. According to the phantom time hypothesis, we'd actually be living in the one thousand seven hundreds and nobody would know. The theory claims powerful rulers inserted fake kias into history to make themselves part of a more significant era. Most historians reject it because astronomical records, archaeology, and historical documents from multiple civilizations all support the accepted timeline. But it's still unsettling to think that everything you know about the past is something you had to trust someone else to tell you.
Speaker 5: West the other side of men.
Speaker 1: Now, all right, congratulations, it's twenty minutes before four o'clock on the East coast, on the other side of midnight on the Great Shift, on the first shift. I'm looking at my Facebook page here, and that's a really good idea. Steve at JB Bakery. I'm going to do that in just a second. Trump claims. According to Michael O'Shea, who we like very much, Trump claims of shooting a seventy today to win the Bedminster Club championship at the age of eighty. Bud Rose said he certainly does enjoy the show, Jim Mercer, I check in and listen to your show on the Mighty Mox and the Mighty Mox KMOX eleven twenty Saint Louis, I'm so happy to be on kmox. I've been on kmox for like twelve years now, and they keep expanding my hours. I keep being on more hours. What a privilege. My daughter, Dorothy secretly is posting under the name Dorothy. She has the name Dorothy k where she says, last night was your worst show. I know people are kissing your ass and telling great show. Check out the other posts and see what people really think. You repeated the story about staying at your sister in law's apartment three times. The first time you were cut off by the local news your timing was off, and two other times. How lazy and ungrateful are you? You were mumbling a lot, losing your train of thought. And then Dorothy writes, please continue to Oh, I wrote to it, and back to I wrote, please continue to listen. These notes have made my show number one in Nielsen. We've got Bill Buchanan who says to Dorothy, get a life, lady, No one wants to hear your miserable comments. Yeah, and then there's Jake Dumanski who says there are too many repeated stories. Let's deal with that in a second. And then who wants to call in and tell the story of the night Ted Lasso tried to pants me while I sang karaoke at a rap party. William, you have a clip that says Ted Lasso on it? Will you find that clip? I don't know the number right now, but find that clip and we'll play it in a few seconds. While I talked to Terry, Welcome to the Other Side of Midnight. Eight hundred eight four eight nine two to two two.
Speaker 6: Hi Waldon, you got the best show in radio. I love it. You keep me up all night. But what am I gonna do?
Speaker 1: What are you gonna do?
Speaker 6: Terry?
Speaker 1: What are you gonna do? This is where you're supposed to be.
Speaker 6: This is but I love it. This is talk This is folks, if you knew to talk radio, this is talk radio. What you're listening with? Wals. I either listen to you or lie in bed and stare at the ceiling.
Speaker 1: It's a dead heat. It's practically equally entertaining.
Speaker 6: But well I'm staring at the ceiling. I can still listen to you. But anyway, first of all, before I get to the insane asylums and places like that, I just like to say, in Michigan, we.
Speaker 11: Know the hard left looney tune one is the Democratic primary for the US Senate and uh, of course.
Speaker 6: That we know they're going to blank college kids for electing him.
Speaker 1: Has it been declared? Has the wind been declared?
Speaker 6: Yes? The wind?
Speaker 1: So who is it? Abdul? Who won? Now? Can you answer a question for me? And then I want to hear what you were going to say, Terry? When we see that woman, what's her name?
Speaker 6: I think it's sea like.
Speaker 1: Hallie Stephens something like that. Yes, yeah, when when she was on TV, there was a blonde person next to her, a young blonde person, and I couldn't tell if that was a man or a woman, or if it was her kid or what? Do you do? You know who that was?
Speaker 6: What was that again?
Speaker 1: All right, listen to me carefully, you get off the speaker. Okay, here's here's the deal. Next to her? When Hallie was on TV be a couple hours ago, there was a blonde person next to her, and I couldn't decide if it was a man, woman, son or daughter relative. I couldn't tell. Did you know who that was next to her?
Speaker 6: Oh? I didn't see that that scene. It could be anybody, you know, but.
Speaker 1: She was a loser. Is that what you're telling me she was a loser.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, she's a loser. But to me again, they're playing more nonsense, these people who are losing, like Stevens, they're trying to pedal them off as as moderates. Now, come on, there ain't no she ain't no moderate. She's a leftist. The difference between her her inside eat is so.
Speaker 6: I actually will say exactly what he wants to do.
Speaker 11: She's going to do it too, but she knows she knows better not to say it because she knows she has to run in the general election. She got to get elected. Then they do it, you know. And the thing with these saying asylums and everything, and of course it's an unfortunate part of life if somebody you know, or somebody has a sickness or something.
Speaker 6: We had two famous islands. It's right off of Riker's Island. Nobody even knows about them. It's called North Brother Island and South Brother Island. North Brother Island is famous.
Speaker 11: For two things. The General Slocum, a ship that had about a couple of thousand people on it, started catching fire as it was going into Hellgate. And then and then it ran aground on North Brother Island and hundreds of people died. And also North Brother Island that's where that's where they put Typhoid Mary. They put her there. She basically lived at the rest of her life there. She was an Irish immigrant. She had typewood fever, but she was a carrier. She never got sick. She just got people sick around her. And she would tell the doctors, she goes, I feel great, I don't feel.
Speaker 6: Sick and nothing. What do you put me here for? She didn't understand, but maybe she did. She just wanted to get out of there, and they put her on North Brother Island for like the last thirteen years of her life.
Speaker 11: And she went around out spread in the highpointer fever all over.
Speaker 6: The place wherever she went. So the thing is some of these places.
Speaker 11: Did have a obviously they had some good to them. But North Brother Island and So Brother Island, which is folks, if you know, it is just off Riker's Island, sits in between the Bronx and Queens and Manhag.
Speaker 6: They're still there. It's like a bird sanctuary over there. Those buildings haven't been using one hundred years.
Speaker 11: The last time they use them maybe seventy years ago for drug addicts and stuff, and then they closed it all together.
Speaker 6: There's all kinds of birds.
Speaker 11: Flying in there and everything, and they don't touch those two islands islands. So I think somebody should go in there and do something with those two islands and make them if there's something that's nice, whatever you know, we need and stuff like that. I don't get why they just let.
Speaker 6: Them sit there. Nobody knows anything about them, right, but half the audience just found out.
Speaker 1: We'll be telling them, you know, well, why don't you go in and do something with them.
Speaker 6: I'm afraid of birds, but.
Speaker 1: That's a good reason. That's a good.
Speaker 6: Reason those are this. It is a big giant bird sanctuary. They all live in there because you know, it's perfect for that.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe that's why maybe the EPA people, the bird people would not let you touch the birds. The birds have priority. That could be. Do you have anything else to report, Terry?
Speaker 6: Yeah, well of course I do.
Speaker 1: What do you have? What else do you have for it?
Speaker 6: All right? I just want to let people know something if they think an eighty five year old Keip b Loarel pulled off this whole thing by themselves. They are as dumb as the day.
Speaker 1: What are you talking about? But what are you talking about? Keeping well?
Speaker 6: The guy that keep what's his name, Fauci, They keep mentioning his name.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, yeah, yeah, okay, But I like to ask.
Speaker 11: Them because I hate these guys making flicting statements. They say it was a chess cold. Oh, it was just a chess cold.
Speaker 6: But he's responsible for one hundred million people getting sick. That's the total.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: Listen, listen, Terry, listen, listen to Walter Sterling. It was a very very bad chest cold. Thank you for calling me, Thanks very much, Terry. Eight hundred eight four eight nine two two two eight hundred eight four eight nine two two two. Yeah. The Abdual guy sayed in Michigan he won, and I but it's really unless I live in Michigan, I don't care. And the reason I don't care isn't because I don't care about the national impact of local elections. It's because I don't care about the national impact of local elections. I just really can't get all cranked up about this. I care about the price of eggs, and I thank our great president for lowering the price of eggs. When he got into office, sometimes it was up his five dollars for a dozen eggs, and now it's at a buck I can get on Thursdays. Hold on second, at sit up on Thursday, I can get at Walmart. I can get eggs for a dollar. Did you know that you can get eggs for a dollar at Walmart on Thursdays? If you behave, if you come in like are kind of cool, you know, they'll say, well, these are a dollar. I'm like, okay, milk is at two fifty two fifty two eighty a gallon. And that's what I care about. I want the gas to be saying again, I'm sorry, three dollars and forty cents. It's not saying that's Biden prices. Those are Biden prices because the last time Trump was in office, it got down to a dollar ninety, a dollar ninety, that's what gas should be a dollar ninety maximum. That's what we care about. Am I speaking for you? Yeah? I think that's what you and I care about. How much does it cost for gas, eggs, milk? There you go? How do you feel about this? My number is eight hundred eight four eight nine two two two one of the things that I've realized too when to talk about how things cost more, the price of things have gone up. But there's also another piece. There are things today that we pay for that used to be free. There were things that we pay for that used to be free. Go to a restaurant, they're starting to charge you for bread, they start to charge you for the bread. Obviously, air for the tires was not being paid for. When we were growing up, we didn't pay for air for the tires. Now. By the way, I think, if you're like me, you know which gas stations don't charge for air, and they send to be specific chains that don't charge frair. Nobody should charge forrair. Don't be stupid. It's just greed. That's just pure greed. Things that used to be free that now we have to pay for. Eight hundred eight four eight nine two Walter Sterling. This is the other side of Midnight from the Red Apple Audio Networks.
Speaker 3: This is the other side of Midnight Week in Review with Walter Sterling. This is the other side of Midnight Week in Review with Walter Sterling.
Speaker 1: Hi, welcome back.
Speaker 10: Good to say you did.
Speaker 12: I just thought it's no way We're not going to do a season four. I even said this to Jason. He went and I wasn't sure.
Speaker 6: I was like, yes, you.
Speaker 13: I was just having the characters that we knew and the characters that we had yet to know, just just talking all the time in my head, and I was just typing these ideas out and then for other people to be excited about it was like okay, okay, all right, let's go. And then once you say yes, then then other people really like, hold you to it.
Speaker 8: We went together.
Speaker 12: As the season plays out, I hope it makes people think a little more about not only women in football, not only women in sports, but women, you know, girls with the female position in life. How we are just used to being less than Ted is.
Speaker 13: Trying to overcorrect for the past three years, and it's really just like I'm a dad, I'm a dad, I'm a dad, I'm.
Speaker 1: No longer a coach.
Speaker 13: The notion of you know, can you have it all? Has certainly been something that has been laid at the feet of women for you know, generations and generations, and I think in these modern times it is, you know, finally financed way to men's feet, and he's trying to have it all and I think his journey is to continuously to be a character that stays curious and lives in the questions. But I think he's going to get answers from places that he had never, you know, quite expected to get them from football.
Speaker 2: No, life is so much more than football.
Speaker 8: I was catchy, but truth.
Speaker 1: I'd love to be like a really cool guy and just let that go. And usually I just let it go. But here's the fact, as a radio geek, as someone who has wasted his whole life in the radio industry, to be on WABC in New York, KMOX katie Ka, WGN in Chicago, to be on these radio stations and then have cousin Bruce Murrow, who actually did play those songs first, be a part of this show is an honor. It is a privilege. It is humbling and a kick. When we first started playing songs on the show, which I know annoys some of you, but I don't care. I said, you know, WABC played this song first, and that's kind of a big deal. And then it went wait a minute, manyways because he was on at night, Bruce Morrow played that song first. Whatever the song is, he played it first. Because the way top forty Radio is whenever they put on a new song, they have the all night Guide, i mean the late night Guide to it. So he did play them first. I'm like, whoa, whoa, Walter Sterling. This is the Other Side of Midnight from the Red Apple Audio Networks.
Speaker 14: Thanks for listening to the Other Side of Midnight. If you like the podcast, share it with your friends and listen anytime at wabcradio dot com and download the WABC Radio app. Hit that subscribe button on all major podcast platforms. Plus, follow WABC on social on Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, and X see you next time for a new episode, so you never have to wonder
Speaker 2: What the heck is going on here.