Speaker 1: Wow, Mama, I made it.
Speaker 2: It is Thursday, November twenty first, twenty and twenty oh. Welcome to the only show about Spartan Dogs hosted by Spartan Dogs. This is Spartan ms U. I'm your host, Jason Straighthornet along with my co host Cedric Swerving.
Speaker 1: Irvin earth Earth. Hey, straight listen, this happened.
Speaker 3: This how them the fans beat when they when they just tied losing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, put the brown paper bag.
Speaker 3: I ain't had no brown paper bag, so I figured I put my since me and you twins today, I figure I put my sweat over my head because oh okay, but we gotta beat up some homes be produced.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: But this is how I don't want to put in the bag. It's how them Lions fan used to be before they start back winning. You know, I remember that them overly sixteen days. But I say you hold on Capitol Custom Homes. Put that phone number up there called two four eight four sixty seven seven eight sixty four build with Capitolhomes dot com.
Speaker 1: Some boy Jack Lanson over there, that'll get it done for you. Hey.
Speaker 3: I saw Jack do a whole community of homes mans.
Speaker 2: As a bad man right there straight. Oh whoa, his house ain't bad either, Oh may man.
Speaker 3: We were sitting back there smoking cigarettes, having a good time talking. Oh man, I ain't want to leave.
Speaker 2: We're going back before on our way to your hockey game and man Ice Arena.
Speaker 1: I go my mama. I called my mama, Heavy said, I'm a long way from the project. Mama, mama made it. That was you.
Speaker 2: If this is your first time, we want to welcome to the show. If this is not, we thank you for your loyalty and please do not forget to click the liking subscribe buttons. It helps us a lot, don't cost you nothing, and follows on all of our social media platforms at this sparta and as you let us know where you're watching from, I already know what he's in the house and hey baby.
Speaker 1: Hey baby, we see you too.
Speaker 2: This is taped, you know, because there's a lot going on on Thursday night. But listen, we're gonna get into what's going on, what's been happening around Michigan State Athletics. But first, these message from my friends over at gray Matter Exchange great matters.
Speaker 4: Just like a bad player can cost your team the game, overpaying for shipping can cost your business. Gray Matter exchange your all star team for shipping savings will help you score big with up to thirty percent savings on your ups and FedEx costs.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: Hey, great matter exchange improve all sorts of things for you. Do find out what's going on with them because they are special. Michigan State men's basketball improves were to four and one Tuesday night, beating Samford.
Speaker 1: Eighty three to seventy five in the Bresln Center.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, boy Jayden ack led the way with twenty five points, ten of fifteen. A suitor when you ten of fifteen, soon that you're like me in the backyard when I was on eight feet U straight.
Speaker 1: Yeah you know, I mean not just that.
Speaker 3: Now we had the boy J J. Jay Richardson came out to bench. That boy, hey, he had twelve points. I mean these guys put up some points. Man, Frankie had twelve. My guy, now he not really my guy yet, but he can't be my guy. I want to see a couple more games. How you pronounce his name straight? Zapalaa. I had teams, so we had a couple of guys in then double figures and that if you can be consistent with that. I mean, right now we four on one. We we're gonna continue to have a good record.
Speaker 2: You gotta get ready to go out to Hawaii here in a minute. You know, boy, they're getting some freaking fly miles. If you Mischigan State Basketball, I'll tell you what they was over in Spain Barcelona and them uh Italy or something. And then they went up north to go to Iron Mountain with old Whizzo to retire his jersey. Now they're going all the way Hawaii. I mean, oh boy, it's good to be MSU basketball.
Speaker 1: Man. They say, zo got four counts? What do? What you want to do.
Speaker 2: Is is an Ish magic? But t I mean, hey day they dramon. I mean, it's all funded. Is all good. There's no problems in MISRSA basketball's budget on travel, that's for damn sure. Speaking of them, charity, though they did, they've been doing well from the charity strive to twenty of twenty three from the free throw line. Speaking of charity, swearve make your nil gift Charitable Charitable Gift America. It's a win win for all Spartan fans. You can get even more for your donations direct them to the Spartan Athletic programs with your choice speaks, receive Spartan fund points for your gift and receive a charitable production for your contribution and get.
Speaker 1: Paid to do it.
Speaker 2: Find out more about supporting Spartan Affle please while also investing in your future, Please visit c g A America dot org.
Speaker 3: Straight, I'm going to visit my man. You say, go visit I'm going to visit my man down down south over there and in jaguar Land.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Tom yea terrible yeah, Terry here, terrible giver. Don't forgive to me.
Speaker 1: Tell him. I'm on my way, baby, I'm on the way.
Speaker 2: We are all yeah, that's right out there, the Tiki bar and channel and this is part of Collective Land Slash Channel with America. So we're gonna be there. Like what you've heard so far, we should do the show out there, So that's what we're doing.
Speaker 3: Man, hate the laptops out there, baby yeah, baby, tikky five.
Speaker 1: Now we'll swear keep his shirt on, no no gym every morning? Five straight? Why I'm not, I'm not keeping my shirt off? I did? He said? The softball team gonna be there right yeah, that's right. Well they I'm glad they're obe e t because I'm not. I'm not keeping my shirt. They gotta sign waivers. Man.
Speaker 2: No people were hurt during the recording of this particular episode, but listen.
Speaker 1: Don't forget to click the like and subscribe button.
Speaker 2: Please do that and follow us on all of our social media platforms, talking about platforms, talking about kicking the rock Good Grozer MSU Kicker Jonathan Kim has been named one of the twenty finals for the lou Groza Award.
Speaker 1: Swerve. I mean, it's about kicking, man, you know about that. Straight.
Speaker 3: I'm a Paul Djer fans, so I don't see no kicker but Paul, that's my favorite kicker, So I don't. I mean, hopefully we win in and get it, but you know, I mean straight, we gotta win some games.
Speaker 1: Man. You're my coach always said if you win, it's enough for everybody. That's true. You know. If you don't win, then I mean, it's good to have your name on the list.
Speaker 3: Congratulations, But I you just you just ain't you know, you ain't feeling it. You want you want to be ten wins or better before you start smiling.
Speaker 1: Come on straight, Come on, one win, I just need one.
Speaker 3: If I ain't never watched the game for a whole sixty minutes, it's gonna be this.
Speaker 2: Friday, oh Man against Purdue. Well, you're gonna break that down in the minute there.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Why why why is it produced one to nine coming into Spartan Stadium?
Speaker 1: You think you got a chance here? Straight? This is why I bet the mortgage.
Speaker 3: I doubled the mortgage on this one game right here, because I knew it was gonna come down to this game right here.
Speaker 1: I was counting on this. This was a guaranteed victory for me and Vegas.
Speaker 2: It was guaranteed. Hey listen, look John at the camp. Just to give you got some stats on him. He's eighteen to twenty on field goals this year. He's three or four from fifty yards out and perfect from forty to forty nine, seven or seven. I mean, he only he gets he only had trouble from when it's like in front of the extra point, when it's short of the pat He has trouble when it's sixty yards right down.
Speaker 1: In the middle. What's his longest straight fifty eight? Wow? Yeah? And what year is he's a senior. Now, damn.
Speaker 2: Last year he hit a fifty eight on the road in Iowa, got a Kinnick Stadium record. You leave at Kentick Stadium. Been around for one hundred years. So hey, congratulations to Jonathan Kimp. But we gotta talk about your boys now, Oh Tennis, Oh he did it.
Speaker 1: Oh, oh, Jenny, that's my man.
Speaker 2: Ozara Bis and Aristotlus. They started on Tuesday in the single Championships. Both of them won and got advanced to the round of thirty two. But today Ozon did it right there, You just put it back up there. Ozon named three times All American. Going back to the round of sixteen. You know that's Aristotlus right there, but he lost the tight one. But Ozon, Obi, baby, Obi did it straight.
Speaker 3: This is the first time in program history that we done have two guys you know, go to that next round.
Speaker 2: Man, it is yeah, and Obi is the first one ever to be a three time All American.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: But see when me and old talked before the match, you know that's one thing about him.
Speaker 1: No, no, he called me after the match, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: That's when he told me that you know him and him and his partner, you know, they're going to the next round. And he was more out applagued the guy. He's such a humble guy. He talked more about the other guy going than his victory, you know what I mean. It was almost kind of like my confidence rubbing off on him straight, because he had this swab like, come on, man, you didn't think I was gonna get it.
Speaker 1: I said, shit, I knew, you know, but you know, I was just happy that he called me. You know, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't care if I was first second, but I just letting y'all know. Old got my phone up and he called uncle Swerve.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he thanked you for the band work and the footwork.
Speaker 3: And the band and the little ball, the blue handball, hand eye coordination. And then I messed him up one time. He thought I was drunk or something. I said, no, drink, like that's most cigaret. I was throwing m and ms at it cause he like Emmin and nobody don't know this but me, And he was doing the hand eye coordination because I want that with the backswing straight. I was working on so much stinking. I'm telling you, I think we're going to We're going all the way.
Speaker 2: Okay, only a couple more matches to go. Let's take him to the promised land. Keep working with him. Oh b, we're rooting for you. Were pulling for you here and Spartan Nation as you continue in the NCAA Tournament Singles tournament. Speaking of guys on the roll, man look Spartan star right here. MSU Hockey's on Shane ben Saki has been named to the Big Ten, his third Big Ten Star of the Week.
Speaker 3: He had a Golden three assist in the sweep of nor to Day. And it's the only Spartan when you people don't understand when you say the only Spartan that means you. You you, It's so many great Spartans before you. It's to the point they made a movie out of us straight. People don't understand that that movie come from everybody's blood, sweat and tears that have came through the Spartan And did they think they.
Speaker 1: Made a movie the them A three hundred ah, that's about us straight. That's why the pain hurts so much, man, That's why a lot of these fans that and I love to come.
Speaker 3: Man's that you know, whatever your opinion is, it is, I love it. On Twitter I live for it. But they don't understand the pain. They made a movie and people don't understand three hundreds about us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is the magic before Buba. It's about us. Kirk Gibbs said, I'm going on old you know what I mean. We got everything in this morning, and we got bigger nails. You know. We got guys that who you thought we wasn't gonna be rich, like the Billy Greens. That's rich. We got them all. We got them all.
Speaker 2: Oh man, hey, you said we got them all like the Billy Greens that we didn't think was gonna be Yeah.
Speaker 3: The sweet man, you know, the damn and he's the only spark with points and all for a big ten games so far.
Speaker 1: Man, So my.
Speaker 3: Hockey, you know what's straight. We gotta pick out. I'm gonna pick up. We gonna pick out a game on the hockey. We're gonna go and we're gonna pick the day out. We're gonna go and we're gonna act a donkey.
Speaker 1: We gotta do that. We have to.
Speaker 2: Hey man, look, speaking of acting a donkey, I'm gonna tell you what. The Michigan State girls and the basketball girls, they went down there and did it to Detroit Mercy one O one to forty four and.
Speaker 3: What I told you, what I told you on the last show, kick everybody ass don't apologize for no victory.
Speaker 1: They on the schedule. They gotta get it because we playing for something. I keep telling you Spardanation. People don't understand that. And we got greatness all over. It's all over. It's Spartan's baby. They just gotta believe. You got to Hey, look, we're gonna break down. What's gonna happen on Friday night. You gotta get right into it. It's a big match up, big ten match up against Purdue. But first, these messages from our friends over and I hop, I hop well around you? How did I just do that? I've never even placed it before. I help.
Speaker 2: Nothing brings families together like Xbox and I hop coming her favorites like our new fully loaded French jokes and get access to an exclusive Xbox merch only at I hops hey man fully loaded French toast Man. I don't know, but you gain't weight just looking at death?
Speaker 1: What is that is that cream? The white stuff? That iceing icing? Oh god, you know I don't even go to the waffle house.
Speaker 3: No more because I you stop wid the house out down stand a chand they can't beat the price.
Speaker 2: He's done with it. Hey, ain't nothing wrong with it, man, Let's let's get into this mess. You host Purdue tomorrow night at eight pm under the lights. Word it's gonna be an electric atmosphere. I know, listen, it's gonna be rough, but I know Spardan Nation got to show up on this one. It's gonna be colder, but look, it's gonna be warm when we get that w So let's go out here and cheer these boys on.
Speaker 1: What you think is what you're thinking about this upstraight? It's not gonna be electricfied. Let's be real. Come on, come on, let's be so we're trying to get it there, Sword, it's not. I'm a real I'm a I'm a realistic read. So what you're saying, it's gonna be dead.
Speaker 3: It's kind of like I think the airs out of the balloon for the fans, because you got a thing.
Speaker 1: Let's be honest. You know you got two games left.
Speaker 3: You know, we we we we had some excitement coming in and you know he played some.
Speaker 1: Good games, started off good. This and this, I don't think.
Speaker 3: I don't even think the tailgate is gonna be the same, you know what I mean, It's just because everybody know the season is over, you know what I mean, over it's over. Yeah, it's over, as far as over far as like all the excitement is going.
Speaker 1: Let's be I want to be real about it, as so talk.
Speaker 2: You know a lot of videos going around getting passed around about you know, Mike Vlenny and Rico. You know, Ricos is a is a guest of the show, and there was AIG radio station and the show in the metro Detroit area, and his partner blazed mister State athletics specifically the body language of our coach, specifically our athletic director, and n I l I mean, he went really.
Speaker 1: He went in.
Speaker 3: Now he went, he went, he went hard and you and you talking by somebody that's a die hard.
Speaker 1: And that's what people gotta understand. Everybody wanted to hear.
Speaker 3: You know, the roses are red, but sometimes you know what them roses gonna die straight. And let's be honest about it, you know what I mean, Like just just don't just don't give me a hug and try to hug me in the back and try to find that weak spot so you can stab me. Tell me in my phase right now, it ain't no lecture. It ain't gonna be. Students section not gonna be for it's not giving pickets away. Students can bring people in a simitary that's what That's what you're gonna have to do. Because it's it's it's it's out, you.
Speaker 1: Know what I mean. And and and it's what you had to inspect.
Speaker 3: We we we we as fans and Alumnis wanted we were hoping for the best, you know what I mean, But in reality, come we didn't know what to really expect. Sixty new guys, new coach, and new staff. You only kept two or three coaches from the last staff that really don't have a say. So really, you know what I'm saying, You had to keep them just to keep the majority of the guys on the team. And you know, one guy that played two guys played there, you know what I mean. So it's come on, you probably didn't really want to keep them, you know what I mean. So yeah, I say that because I've been there. I've been on the other side, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I've seen it. You know what I mean when new coaches.
Speaker 3: Come, we okay, some of the ad or somebody may say, you keep that guy. You know, if you keep that guy, you may keep so many other players because he was a you know, or that's a that's a fan favorite, or that's alumniw we got to keep some kind of you know position, that's how I go.
Speaker 1: But the end of the day, it's like we.
Speaker 3: As fans and alumn now, we wanted something that we didn't know what dispect.
Speaker 1: We were just hoping for the best. M think about it. We didn't We didn't know.
Speaker 2: It wasn't like it was a majority of the guy and a half over the four and a half, right straight, majority out of the twenty two starters.
Speaker 1: We probably how many starters you've seen play last year? Right now?
Speaker 3: Out of the twenty two starters that we have, and you don't watch you've been to every game, how many starters did you see play last year?
Speaker 1: I help you. No quarterback? Yeah? Are you talking offense? Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 3: No, tight end one okay, we had well one receiver three because six was a freshman.
Speaker 1: SPECIs as a freshman, how many old linements that's new? Four?
Speaker 3: Okay, So at the end of the day at eleven starters, nobody's seen nobody. So what I'm saying is we didn't know what the spectrum free on offense. And I'm being nice with that three it's really two. But you know what I'm saying, it's more I'm saying more like we didn't know what to spect you know, it's not like it's starters coming back from last year that we saw that were like okay, you know what, Like now we can say we keep these same guys, We can say, okay, shit, we got.
Speaker 1: Six, we got two, you know what I mean, I don't.
Speaker 3: Know just running back seniors, you know, whatever it is ten you know we got we know we saw some guy left tackle.
Speaker 2: But yeah, you're looking at about two defense too, because you know, i mean, Jordan Hall's not even sorry he started last year, is not starting out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you gotta stay out of twenty two guys. Everybody in the stand. So five five guys played last year, get out of here. We didn't not me, come on, we were just hoping that we were when we didn't know. And then we get a coach that nobody really knew. He wasn't in nobody top five, all them fans in the stands. No, nobody didn't say that guy in the in the in your top five.
Speaker 1: Yeah that some people did, no straight to go straight.
Speaker 3: It was nothing about August State that somebody say, give me that call. I'm just saying that's fans you probably would have wanted. Fans did want. That's what I'm saying that former players I think is different now I do. Okay, but tell me how I'm I'm a fan of football. Tell me how you will want to a guy from Oregon State, especially being in the Midwest and stay the South. Like how I'm just saying, like it's other names that come down mind? What was so sexy about Oregon State? Nothing against the coach, but what would make you say August State.
Speaker 1: Understand I was saying, like you could say you.
Speaker 2: Was saying, but that what they they were looking at as his trajectory. He won ten to three two years ago. Last year, I think he won eight and five whatever it was last year, so there was ability to get into the portal.
Speaker 1: He got dju uncle.
Speaker 2: Ley to come over from Clemson, had a decent time there. You didn't know that, I mean as soon as he goes to Florida, say that he implodes, but like there was, there was enough there to where people thought that he was a bright mind. You interview people other coaches around the country. Who is Jona Smith? What is he about? There's all kinds of ringing endorsements out there about him. However, that that what you're bringing up was always the question, though Swerve it was. He hadn't been east of the Rockies. He never had in his whole career. He's a Pasadena guy. He's coached Washington, Boise, you know, Oregon State. That's where he's been primarily on the West coast. Now over here, you know, look, look, I saw that there was an Oregon State coach before that did come to the Big Ten, Mike Riley. That's one of his mentors, Mike Riley. I think he lasted about two years at Nebraska. The pressure got to him.
Speaker 1: He left.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's a different animal in the Big Ten, totally different animal. Now is he up to the challenge? Are we ready to throw the baby out with the bath water right now?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I don't think you can. We are much too far down the road to be thinking like that. It's how can Michigan State support him in order to get to the level of intensity that I think is required to be successful at Michigan State. That's the question, and that comes from the top down, not just the players. There's there's something going on, you seeing it. I've been Look, you know, I've been on record talking about this a long time. There's something else in play that is restricting Michigan State football from recruiting the way that they should. Okay, let's us call it. What if you want to tell the truth? You want to have you can you handle the truth going on that's restricting them? And it all all rolls lead back then il that's what it is. So so we're gonna see that. We don't really see that come portal time.
Speaker 3: So so basically what I'm saying, I guess I'm a South. I'm a South type of guy, meaning I got nothing against the coach. I think it's a smart coach. What I'm saying is I would have never knew of him, I guess because I'm I'm in the South. So I'm when you're into Southvie, all you get is sec acc or whatever it is. You understand what I'm saying. But now, I'm not nothing against the coach. I just want to know like like I listened to you. First of all, I know you're smart. I know you in you in that business, you know what I mean. So you get to hear stuff and you shake hands with governors, you do all that shit out unsolved within six months. I'm talking about the average fan, I would And first of all, I don't say that quarterback name again.
Speaker 2: He's terrible, terrible he was say though, he was terrible. That what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So that's why you get a coach a hell of a credit because he did a great job with a terrible quarterback.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: That kid is terrible, you know what I mean. I ain't not can of good luck to him in the future.
Speaker 1: I ain't no hate.
Speaker 3: But he's terrible, you know what I'm saying. I saw him in the spring down there and tell that get terrible. But anyway, so I give Smith the credit he did. He did a hell of a job with that type of talent. But at the end of the day, all I'm saying is being I guess I'm from the South, so I wouldn't know what the Midwest and the fans and the you know, in those stadium with a new of a of a Jonathan Smith like my five would have never been that because I don't see Oregon State football, and it wasn't nothing sexy about Oregon State, like say Washington.
Speaker 1: I ain't never seen Washing.
Speaker 3: Till shit, they got down to the end and they, you know, Playoffersna's Championship or whatever it was.
Speaker 1: They played against the Spartans two years in a row. I saw that I wasn't into it. Then stray I was. I was. I was blind.
Speaker 3: I was coaching my kids, my babies, hm, and then my little one was playing on Saturday, so I didn't see all the games. My kids came first, so I didn't know. You know, yeah, you know, But now I'm into it. I'm watching every game now, you know what I'm saying. If I'm even betting even one more bet fellas if we're winning this or maybe to give y'all every player, n I l of twenty dollars apiece, big Mac, happy meals, whatever, all swerve if you're winning this game now to this point. So yes, there were people, just so just I know in the South, you buried in the South, and you always think Miami, you thinking Alabama, you thinking about all those teams Yes, there were a lot of people thinking about him.
Speaker 2: He was on the short list. Now there was other teams. I don't know who else was a serious candidate. That's the question. Was there anybody else that There was a lot of talk about urban Meyer. That was horseshit. That was never happening. I know that for a fact. That was never happening. I know there's people out there pumping that shit, waving flags and all that stuff, talking about we should have got urban Minor. There's no way Misigan State was gonna hire Urban Meyer. Wasn't happening, never was going to happen.
Speaker 1: Never coach for seven million? For seven million, yeah, I got a list for you who for seven million.
Speaker 3: I would have even got the young kid at Georgia. Shoot man, he would have been on my list. He won't turned down the Philadelphia Eagles of coordinator position.
Speaker 1: You understand saying. I also I would have I went, I went back to Alabama style. You know what I'm saying. So it's it's gotten and I and I and I'm sorry, Like I said, I know the South.
Speaker 3: That's all that. When I turn on my TV, they don't get what Alabama, Georgie and I don't have I don't make a lot of money. Well I can pull it out on mel Tucker.
Speaker 2: You're coming off of mel Tucker, who came from Alabama slash Georgia. The NFL had all that pedigree. You gotta think about this holistically, not just Daryn. You're looking for a change. You saw what happened with mel Tucker, right, the accusations, we don't know, he hadn't been to court yet and all those things.
Speaker 1: But you saw what happened there.
Speaker 2: That's probably another reason why Herbert Maine had no chance in help.
Speaker 1: But that aside.
Speaker 2: They wanted what's gonna happen when there's a when there's an issue like that, some controversy, they're gonna knee jerk and go the other way. The pendulum is gonna swing away from that type of individual and that that type of coaching tree and all that. The recruiting was a lot different. It was a lot more intense. You saw more five stars on campus. I know there's people lying about five stars being committed or whatever now, but you saw that. You saw the planes flying all over the country, private jets, and the coach was wearing slick stuff and all that talking.
Speaker 1: You know, doing all.
Speaker 2: Those the big pregame speeches, they went the other direction, now like completely away from that straight away, but they went.
Speaker 3: Away straight even with that at that time, and when it was going there. You know who was my favorite too, I tight end coach Pat Sherman. I would have got somebody off of Ohio State staff. I mean, but I'm not knocking the coach. I want people to understand that I like Jonathan Smith. You know what I'm saying. I like him, you know what I mean. I'm just saying I never I never knew of him, his name like that, and I guess for me being in the South, that's what I'm saying. But like I said, I know of Washington because how far they went. I didn't even know that quarterback. I didn't know he was from even from from Tampa right or somewhere from Florida somewhere.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't even know that. The championship game, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Four times we played the kid four times, twice in Indiana, twice at Washington, So like, yeah, we know him.
Speaker 3: So the time that the time that we was playing him as in Michigan State, I was out there in the sun and Little League coaching my babies.
Speaker 1: Right, you see what I'm saying. So I didn't know of that, and then you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: But all I'm saying is, you know, as fans, we was hoping, but we didn't know.
Speaker 1: Let's be honest about it. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So what we're doing for me because I'm a realism, I know the game and played the game, it don't shock me. Now you hope that you can keep the same team or the majority of the guys coming back. Now you can be like, Okay, we got more experience. You know this and this, that and that, and now we can be a little better than.
Speaker 1: Four and seven of four to six. Hopefully we win the next two. You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So, so hope you go six and six and then you hope the majority of guys come back.
Speaker 1: You add some pieces. Now you say, okay, eight and four. You know what? Tell me this? Telling us you you brought it up last week. To know.
Speaker 2: A couple of days ago on the show, when Corey Robinson two four seven was on, he brought up the strategy We're gonna go heavy in the portal to get the offensive line and defensive lines figured out. You just mentioned swear that hopefully keep the guys is here and we keep them on the rock.
Speaker 1: How are we gonna do that? It's it's impossible. I got, I got, I got six bets of twenty push us a piece. I don't think we keep six Ooh.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: He's gonna be heavily sought after. It's gonna be hard to turn it down.
Speaker 2: Talk about that. But I know they love Michigan State. They love Michigan State.
Speaker 1: It ain't that much love when when the numbers gonna come and I and I know some numbers of some guys that can't can't take take it, can't hold his book bag and what they're getting. You see what I'm saying. It ain't that much love in the world.
Speaker 3: When you know, you got to think about what's talking about?
Speaker 1: What? What do you think? You know?
Speaker 2: What are numbers out there? Let's just put it on the table right here. The numbers brings down.
Speaker 3: But I know a kid that I that I also helped, you know, made some calls and told her dad how to do this, how to do that. This kid is getting twenty three thousand a month. Okay, ain't close to cities mm oh, yeah, No, ain't close.
Speaker 1: To twenty three thousand a month.
Speaker 3: And I always go twenty three times ten because my math ain't good when I go twenty three times twelve, I know, twenty.
Speaker 1: Three times tea. You know what I'm saying. So you're gonna get quarter yeah right, you know what I mean. You add the next twenty three before that's forty six towards it. You know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So you're gonna get over a quarter million dollars. He not even start, you know, I mean, it's just ridiculous. And I don't know what six knowing. I don't know the mom just a fan of. First of all, the mom dance moves are terrible. Uh we recording, yeah we are. Ah man, she gotta get better. But you know they do a good job of making her go last or getting out of the way first. But she gotta get better though, you know, but I love what they doing.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna turn up just jugget that's just jugging dab listen.
Speaker 2: Now, so he rought up to twenty three. Yeah, there's the players out there, man, I mean like he is upper eche line. When you look at freshman wide receivers, right, you got Ryan Williams from from uh Alabama.
Speaker 1: They ain't not gonna move him. You got hold up what you think Ryan william is Ran Williams.
Speaker 2: So he's a freshman Almadama. I know Atabama they don't pay freshmen more than about twenty fifty. But next year he gonna be seven figures. And then you talk about Jeremiah Smith.
Speaker 1: Already, I know that number. I know that number already straight.
Speaker 3: But the boy, the boy gave back, he gave, he gave, He had his own giveaway before he even stepped the foot of college.
Speaker 1: So you do the math.
Speaker 3: He giving our shoes, book bag, turkey before thanks Giving, everything before thanks oh man, good kid. He give it back when you give it back before you even put on the Ohio state helmet. Man, come on, brother, if that mean it hit that count. It's to the point that Mama is putting this foundation together.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna do this. I ain't even gonna worry ask nobody car got enough. Uh huh, you understand what saying.
Speaker 3: But but but what the fans gotta understand, serve and not hated is just the world.
Speaker 1: We live in.
Speaker 3: So don't be mad. Now do I want us to keep the kid. Yeah, I think he got so much football in the wind.
Speaker 1: Use him enough.
Speaker 3: M Let's be the reality. And I'm gonna tell some of you fans that don't know how it go. It's some people calling his mama.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what they do in the office when they meet them Tuesday and wizday.
Speaker 3: Okay, who knows who you know? It's high school coach. Okay, call his high school coach. Tell a high school coach to call her mama. Tell her mama, this is the number.
Speaker 1: What they say? Tell them, Tell her mama, this the number you got? How many kids you do? What? What they not doing over there? Oh?
Speaker 3: You ain't even got to pack up? Come on, they gonna do that. Most people do that.
Speaker 1: Come on then now. And if he say no, oh, he's a he's a he's a true spot. He's a he's a real spot. No, but I know the number that's gonna be thrown at him on hold on, but listen.
Speaker 2: If I'm Michigan State now, I don't know what this is going on. If I'm Michigan State, you gotta be right now. You better have the book. You better be approaching Nick marsh right now. If we're in approaching right now? What the hell we doing straight?
Speaker 1: No, no, no.
Speaker 3: If I'm Michigan State, I'm taking his social media. I'm taking his cell phone for a whole year, I mean until the date season starts. How how are you gonna do that? I'm that I wanta trying to tell you. I'm telling you what I'm gona do. I'm gonna put him down, say like, I'm gonna give you this much money. What I want you on? No cell phone media. I don't want nobody. I don't want nobody to get in contact with you.
Speaker 2: You know, the man.
Speaker 1: You can't kill him.
Speaker 2: You can't do that ship correct.
Speaker 1: Now, that's what they need to do. What it shouldn't need to be a question.
Speaker 2: It should be a he should be coming out with a statement saying it's over with.
Speaker 1: I'm staying YadA.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think I saw that from from Aiden yesterday. He was talking about that Nick Marsh's gonna be the most sought after kid on the on the whole, in the school, in the state, in the big ten, he will be maybe the nation. He might be like, I'm not trying to overseell this. Misschigan State need to get in front of this now, not wait don't be reactive. We're reactive. Now you're gonna get into a bidding war and the ship can get ugly. It will, and I hope, I hope and pray it doesn't get there. That's what Millennial Rico's buddy was talking about too. He said, I'm just waiting for the day to wake up. And he's off the Alabama something shit, he said.
Speaker 1: But but at the end of the day, now we don't know what what Michigan's date he's doing.
Speaker 3: So Michigan's Day. They know the coach is smart. They know what they know where they.
Speaker 1: Face it out. So at the end of the day, if he may be happy, he gotta you know, you gotta cute, Nick Miles, you gotta que smile. I see you, man, you're always doing your interview with your.
Speaker 3: Mom posted your cute kid man, stay staying East Lansing, man.
Speaker 2: Look, speaking of East Lansing, that's where Purdue Boyling Americans is gonna come to tomorrow nights.
Speaker 1: Where like.
Speaker 2: It may not be electric, but the play is now number six. If we get eight childs to get the ball of six and get some highlights, it's gonna and you win the game. Misis it will be electric to you, especially when to get a shot.
Speaker 3: Out at number three too, you know, because I think he got a he got an east set of milestone or something.
Speaker 1: Right, he had like a hundred catches, a hundred catches in the career or something. That's that's that's a big time man, Monty Foster Jr. He did it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, to go through them quarterbacks and things like that. Man, that kid came home during the season. He'll play maker two what years? He's great, fifth year senior.
Speaker 2: So you go, yeah, yeah, six cats for seventy six yards last week and he eclipsed the But that's the Yeah.
Speaker 1: That's another kid though. That's another key.
Speaker 3: You gotta go in the game saying he gotta touch the ball eight to twelve times a game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: We got a quarterback throwing the ball thirty to forty times a game. This is one of the kids that we gotta go to three three main plays man, you know, I mean he left. It's a lot of plays still to be made, but we didn't. We got to attack these guys.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: And I don't know, And like I said, I'm not breaking down the film and and I'm only watching the game sometimes where you know, switching back from another game as well.
Speaker 1: So but now you just signed the press man. Oh yeah, I'm hurt straat only the reason I know.
Speaker 3: I'm not hurt because we got I know we're gonna beat the shit out of Purdue, and I'm gonna win my bet, and I'm gonna send all the playoffs between ten and twenty dollars a piece because I won my bet.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna win that much.
Speaker 2: That Here goes the defensive stats for the Big Ten ranking for per due. Okay, so you know how many teams are in the Big Ten right now?
Speaker 1: Eighteen?
Speaker 2: All right, So for points per game allowed defense per due eighteenth in the Big Ten. Rushing game the rushing yards per game, that's two hundred and three point three. The points was thirty nine point eight points. By the way, two hundred and three point three rushing yards per game eighteenth in the Big Ten book, the two hundred and fifty two point four passing yards per game seventeenth in the Big Ten book them and four hundred and fifty five point seven total yards per game eighteen in the Big Ten.
Speaker 3: I was so mad I took this off of my coscrad. After we win in this game Friday night, I'm gonna put it back on. You took it off, the took it off, the car took it off.
Speaker 1: I was so mad.
Speaker 3: People take the way you driving by once I went up because you know why I took it off.
Speaker 1: It was a Michigan fan blew their horn. I'm like, you know, like roadway, Like what the fuck you blowing it?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: Yeah, look at my shirt and had a Michigan shirt and I'm like, oh, you only knew I went to Michigan State because it is And I was so mad. But once I wearing past night, I'm putting it back on.
Speaker 2: Oh man, I just heard it's no way in held in public.
Speaker 1: Come on, man, you had to see it. He was better off moving me.
Speaker 2: You know what, give it out? How was a big house wearing the green and white?
Speaker 1: You did that? I got to, Yeah, I'll do that. No, no, no, you ain't got to. You ain't got to.
Speaker 3: And you better be smart, all right, because guess what You're gonna have to put on blue and blue and gold whatever the hell of color colors is starting in January.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no mask. I'm gonna wear this I'm gonna wear Capitol custom homes. That's what I'm gonna wear. Wait that what you better do? Then you better be loose to that, because if it's me, I'm wearing yell and blue for my baby.
Speaker 3: Fuck it now, I gotta dad, I'm not doing that ship. No, no, you see what I just did because because a Michigan fan blowing the horn.
Speaker 1: And I look, he was like, go play.
Speaker 3: And I look, I'm just driving straight and I'm like, oh my tag. So I took it off. That's how passion and pissed off I am. But I'm gonna be happy because Vegas can't stop this. But I want my tag. I got my paper from Vegas.
Speaker 1: You got it.
Speaker 2: Can't stop this produce. Coming off of forty nine to ten lost to Penn State, man terrible. It was going to make a senior Day and all that. I mean, they got the ass kicked at home in front of their mom and them and girlfriends and sisters.
Speaker 1: They can bring back Drew Brees Friday, they still won't be that.
Speaker 2: Drew was the honorary captain. Well I'm here, so look it's gonna be. This should be a win. It should be because looking at the team. They don't have a lot of firepower on the offensive side of the ball or the defense.
Speaker 1: It's one of those must wins.
Speaker 2: Though, when you look at what's gonna happen with the head coach from from.
Speaker 1: Purdue. You know, I don't have his.
Speaker 2: Name, but they looking at him like they may pull the trigger on his ass if he loses this game, which he's only in the second year.
Speaker 1: Man, it's sa ain't see.
Speaker 2: That happened in fau and in Charlotte out of them, Ryan Walters, that's why, man.
Speaker 1: Cause you're saying five plus five plus.
Speaker 3: Mith, you gotta go. You gotta win. If you don't want to win, they want you out of that.
Speaker 1: Jail. We got patient, baby. Okay, who are you saying? Who you say? J L He's Jonathan Smith? Yeah? Who the hell l you think of? Jonathan L? No, No, no, do anybody know Jonathan Smith middle name?
Speaker 2: He looked like a Lucius. Oh ship, Jonathan Lucius Smith. I wouldn't bet you, I bet you, I bet you Tory pushs up to the damn Lucius.
Speaker 1: No, sir, he don't look like a looser. I know what loss look like.
Speaker 3: You know what Jonathan Larry Smith it's Jonathan Charles. Oh, I can see that one of them Charles boys from that uh that that that show on Broadway. Yeah, one of them shows on Broadway. Them charge boy John to the charge. They called him JC.
Speaker 2: See hey man, Look, Miss State has won five straight against Purdue at home. It's twenty two and twelve against the boiler Makers all time in East Lansing. I remember one of the times I came to East Lanson back in nineteen in ninety six, whoa number thirty three came out wearing that jersey right behind you?
Speaker 1: Four touchdowns?
Speaker 3: Baby, got home, got to my dorm and say, Mama, I don't know, but I told my mama that next morning, I say, mama, I had one of the best knights of my life.
Speaker 1: I hope I could score four touchdown every week. Mama had one of the best nights of my life. Wow boy, if I can go back, can you tell us how that night went? Oh? Wow boy, I was streaming.
Speaker 3: You were streaming or streaming. I was streaming. I mean it up to the fan meeting. We celebrate so hard that I was screaming. You stream a lot, a lot, Mama, I made it?
Speaker 1: Is that what you said? All night. I was one time I said, boy, my mama can be here. Now.
Speaker 2: Hey man, look, final thoughts, Man, we gotta get out of here.
Speaker 1: You know we didn't.
Speaker 2: I think commiserated another made the fan base pissed off better because of what you're talking about with six.
Speaker 1: No need to worry. I know Misstake's gonna handle that final.
Speaker 3: So my final thoughts and just a summing up to the fans for y'all get me on Twitter. I love six. I hope we can keep them. All I'm saying is how this college football thing is going now. You see stuff every week that kids are sitting out four games for the rest of the season to.
Speaker 1: Go elsewhell whatever it is.
Speaker 3: And you see guy even on winning teams, especially at the skill position, that's not getting the ball, that want to go elsewhere and try to get the.
Speaker 1: Ball, you know what I mean. So I'm not being negative.
Speaker 3: I'm really a realistic and hoping I'm saying it, but hoping that we keep them and we and we should. Like you say, the mama love it there. Everybody loved themrow She even had a picture with Tom Iso. It's cool with them. It's don't know your name, what about swer know your name, you ain't put anyway back to produce. You know, let's let's if anything, you know, when it when it, when it when it sometime healed the wounds. I just think we come out. I just hope we don't play to their level. Yeah, you know, because it's easy to play to their level, especially when you've been playing the type of ball we've been better. Not that we've been playing bad ball. We just picking spots win to play great ball, you know what I'm saying. And we just got to come I think this type of guy I was telling me, you know, let's be the bully. You know, let's just take all our frustration and anger and all of whatever we went through them losses and just kick their ass, like make them feel like how we felt in the Oregon game and Indiana game and the Michigan game, and just take it out on somebody else. Like that would be my speech to them, you know what I mean. And I leave by saying, swerving irby for ad.
Speaker 1: Big time.
Speaker 2: Statement's right there by one Cedric swerving irving.
Speaker 1: A lot of lot of heat tonight. You know.
Speaker 2: It's short and sweet, and we're not too short, you know. I look forward to seeing a good performance. It's not over until it's over. You lose this game, it is affectionately over, So you have to play with your hair on fire like your life depends on it, because it does. Bowl games change a whole lot as far as the outlook of the program. You know you're gonna have guys that you know that portal window opens up, they're gonna have something to do, which makes people have to think a little bit about whether or not they're gonna go into portal. But if you lose to Purdue, and even with that rule to allow five and seven teams in the loss to Purdue might knock your ass out of there too.
Speaker 1: So let's let's take care of business here and see where.
Speaker 2: The Chips line up for next week for Senior Day against Rutgers at home. But until next week, we hopefully it's celebrate the nice win for ob and the Spartan football teams. For Centric Gervan, I'm Jason Straehorn. This is part of the MSU. Everybody, have a good night, God bless you, and go Green, go white.
Speaker 1: Kick that app st