Speaker 1: We're taking your calls on the LA Clippers right now.
Speaker 2: Peace Peace, Clippers talk on Aaron on Demand, the Clippers Show of Record, your chance to react to everything.
Speaker 1: Clippers Clippers news happens.
Speaker 2: Let me guess it's about Kawhi. Here we are and now here he is the host of your LA Clippers pre and postgame at follow Adam a Adam Osley.
Speaker 1: Too many turnovers, tuny miss shots from your stars, and the Clippers lose to Luca and Lebron one O six to one oh two at Crypto dot com Arena where they will run it back on Sunday night. Welcome to Clipperstock. I'm at a Moslin. The Lee Lakers, the lou Lakers, the Lukers, whatever you want to call them. They're tough to handle. Even on a back to back for them, even with the rest advantage for the Clippers, even with Austin Reeves just playing nine minutes and no ruy Hotchamora, the Clippers lost this games to the Lakers. That is disappointing. That is frustrating. Clippers without Norman Palell have to include all the context, but this was obviously a very winnable game still and of the two coming into this series this weekend looked like the game that they had to get on. Now it turns into Sunday night, they have to get that one, and they have to get much better performances from their stars. James Harden was five of twenty two, one of ten from three nine assists to six turnovers, just eighteen points, and in the second half went one for thirteen with five points to five turnovers, one for thirteen in the second half. If you would have told me that, I would have assumed the Clippers lost by fifteen and didn't have opportunities late, and wouldn't even be in a position where they could give away the basketball light they did in the fourth quarter, which also hurt them. I wouldn't be in a position for Luka Naanncish to hit backbreaking step back three after backbreaking step back three over Eatsa Zuobots, who was phenomenal and Zoo should be getting Defensive Player of the Year recognition. Read Shane Young's article that came out earlier today about Aviatza Zoubots and just how good he's been defensively. I don't even think the Clippers lost the game because of Etza Zubots got left out on an island. I'll have to run the numbers afterwards in the matchup data. But other than those two threes by Luca, maybe one by Lebron, not many made shots stood out over Eatza zoobots when they took him out to the perimeter, as the Clippers were soft switching and Zoo was fantastic staying with his man. They won the Avisa Zubats minutes handily, but he can't play forty eight of them. They go plus nine in his thirty eight minutes and lose a game by four, so they went minus thirteen in the ten minutes he was off the floor. How do you find a way to not get slacked by the Lakers on Sunday without e eacha Zubats? Well, the second units.
Speaker 3: Have to be better.
Speaker 1: Kawhi has to be better leading them when he's in with Simmons, with Bogie, with a mir with batoomb Kawai also ended up plus seven in his thirty eight minutes, so they lost the ten without him by what here by eleven? Kawhi did get to thirty eight minutes as predicted. I said it after the last game against Chicago that I thought Kawhi Leonard would have his minutes extended this weekend. There's minutes restriction removed. It was he still didn't look great. He still didn't look aggressive enough. He didn't look like he had enough pop. Some people are saying it look like a role player out there. I wouldn't go that far. I was encouraged by him going at DFS at the end there for that layup, just to make things interesting as the Clippers won a couple of challenges, got the ball back, but James Harden couldn't hit a shot. I mean open three, Clippers get the offensive rebound on the miss open three misses again, one for thirteen in the second half. Is that sustainable? Do you predict that happening again on Sunday? I don't. Does that mean the Clippers are gonna win if he has a better game? Not necessarily Lebron James. He did a lot of his damage in the first half. I want to say he had seventeen of his twenty eight there, and he had ten of his twenty eight points in the second quarter. He could be better. He was on the second half of back to back. He still played thirty seven minutes. Luca had thirty one on nine of twenty two shooting wasn't super efficient. He could still be better. He's Luka Doncic and this was his first back to back as a Laker. But I am saying the Clipper Stars overall, they got to be much better than combining here for thirty nine points.
Speaker 4: You go.
Speaker 1: Kawhi and Luca at fifty nine to Kawhi, excuse me, to Lebron and Luca at fifty nine points. Kawhi and James Harden at thirty nine. Your stars, your two man duo can't get out scored by twenty like that, And a lot of it was because James Harden couldn't hit anything, and then Kawhi is missing free throws. And then those turnovers, those turnovers, those awful turnovers late and fourth quarters like we've seen all season long. Like I can, I'm not saying I can live with the Lucas step back over. It beats a zoobots in a Lakers jersey. That hurt my soul? I said on Twitter? Can we petition who was ever in charge of these things? These memes that instead of the thanks Obama meme for whenever something goes wrong, it's thanks Nico Nico Harrison, Thanks Nico when those threes went in, when he had those step backs on a visa zoobots, That's what I was saying, Just unbelievable quick time out come back eight six six ninety seven two five seventy eight sixty six ninety seven two five seventy is the phone number. Clippers lose one o six to one O two to the Lakers in game one of this weekend mini series. As Luca and Lebron are much better than Kawhi and James Harden. Maybe Kawhi figures things out now the minutes restriction is removed, but I didn't see many bright spots with him looking like last year's version tonight. Unfortunately, I'm Ouda Osland and you're listening to Clippers Talk here on the in five seven LA Sports.
Speaker 2: This is the LA Clippers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: Best fans in best arena in the entire sport.
Speaker 2: Take us with you wherever you are on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 3: Back to Clippers basketball.
Speaker 1: Clippers lose one oh six to one oh two to the Lakers at Crypto in the first game of this two game mini series this weekend. They'll run it back on Sunday night. A couple big turning points to me included this. In the third quarter, Kawhi Leonard hit a three pointer that had the Clippers up seventy two to sixty nine. Luca gets an easy layup after that, and then there's a turnover on the inbounds pass from Harden looking for Kawhi. He had it taken away by Goodwin, who got another layup, so instead of being up three, they go to being down by four within seconds. That was brutal. And then the turnovers going on in the fourth quarter, of course, especially the one by a mirror in the backcourt and then James Harden it looked like it went off of Gave Vincent's foot, but they didn't call a kickball. But they had multiple inn sinces of back to back turnovers in the fourth quarter. That just can't happen. If eats Zuboss was phenomenal. He had twenty seven and sixteen. Chris Dunn was unbelievable. He had fourteen points. Granted all of them I believe came in the first half, but nine boards, six assists, four steals. Like he's one of the best perimeter defenders I've ever seen in my life. Not hyperbole. Eli and WHITTI are starting things off here on Clippers stack without a MAUSLM after they lose the Lakers by four. What's up you lie?
Speaker 6: Oh hey, Adam, thanks again for the opportunity for just letting us to be able to talk in But that's why I say it. Dang, You're right, Zubuck was pretty freaking awesome and credits had done for like getting his offense up this game, like it definitely didn't make it as rough to watch, but oh boy, it was pretty disappointing with a lot of those turnovers. Like you said, maybe want to tear some hero out at points, But I do want to ask you mainly like do you see any possible like concerns especially at the playoffs? But one thing that was interesting I noticed that the Wolves also lost the Jazz recently. Is there possible ways that we could keep this succeeed or unfortunately or could probably go to play in or even the Lakers might face us in the first round since they're going up and up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's all possible, but it starts with the victory on Sunday against the Lakers. Like Minnesota has one of the easiest schedules left in the NBA, it's a bottom five schedule. The Clippers have basically a top five toughest strength of schedule left, so it's not going to be easy to stay in front of them. Plus they have the tiebreaker over the Clippers. And now the Warriors are surgery with Jimmy Butler. They've only lost one game, so that's another team you have to worry about that's right behind them. The Dallas Mavericks are still playing hard even without ad Eli. I'm sorry, it's going to be difficult. Well, it starts with a victory on Sunday over the Lakers, though, is the best I got for you, my friend. But I appreciate you calling in all.
Speaker 6: Right, thank you so much. Yeah, at least a little hope.
Speaker 1: I'm leaving a little bit. I'm leaving the door open. One of my favorites, Lenny in Inglewood. Lenny, what's up here on Clipper sock?
Speaker 4: Hey man, I don't know, bro, I just it was real important that we take both these games this weekend because as in right now, the Lakers are the hottest team in the league and they're definitely ascending, and Kawhi does not look he ain't doing Kawhi things. And unless he starts playing put up numbers like Lebron is doing right now, and Powell comes back and we got to win at least eight eight games in the earl second half, I don't see how we're gonna really be in a real in pole position come playoffs.
Speaker 1: And you know, this entire season, the entire ope with this Clippers team is resting on Kawhi getting back to looking like Kawhi Lenny. Like, if he can't look like an All NBA player again, then yeah, they're cooked. I'm not giving up fully on that since he just had the minutes restriction lifted. Uh, but it didn't look great tonight. I need to see a better version of Kawhi Leonard on Sunday. It is concerning. I hate seeing a guy looking like he lost his basketball powers or just looking like a fringe All Star player when you need him to be a top five player.
Speaker 4: Yeah done. Like I like I said, coach is fantastic. They should lock him in for as long as they can because he plays with the kind of heart that you know we saw with the Clippers when they had Beverly and and some other cats. He was just he fits in I'm sorry to hear what's happening with Norm Pob but it seems like he's been having that knee issue for a minute. And but yeah, it's uh, you know, I guess we can try to, you know, put our best foot forward. But the season isn't looking good. But listen, you know, hopefully they can pull together. Went out on Sunday, and you know we'll start from there. But are you doing a good good job? Adam?
Speaker 1: All right, good to hear from me, Lenny. I hope to hear from you on Sunday with a different outcome. Kyle in Brooklyn all our favorite New Yorker that's a Clippers fan. Kyle, what's up?
Speaker 7: Recent new Yorker? Recent new Yorker? I just moved here last year.
Speaker 1: Okay, there's another one too that's not so recent. He's got the accent. Sorry I got it mixed up. But Kyle, we talked. We talked within the last few or too few times.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I've been going on to Ben Simmons kick since I've been calling. But I mean, look, tonight we dismissed everything. We dismissed everything. I mean, like you're not going to have a game where Kawha is gonna miss free throws like.
Speaker 1: That and.
Speaker 7: That flat shot at the end that three he took like he's just he's just not there yet. So like, I just don't want to freak out because I knew what I was getting into with this season. I knew it. I knew what I was getting into. We need our luck to change, now, our luck.
Speaker 1: What were your expectations coming into the season, Kyle, because I think a lot of people might be able to relate to this, or at least should.
Speaker 7: My expectations, honestly was the six or seven seed. Yeah, and that's what my expectations were. And honestly, up until about a month ago, my expectations changed to a four or three seed.
Speaker 1: See that's where the disappointment is coming in. When the expectations got raised with them being four games over five hundred, before Kawhi came back and he thought, oh, we get Kawhi. He gets back to looking like Kawhi Leonard, We're going to hit the jet fuel. We're going to be fifteen games over five hundred. That's what I think has people shook right now.
Speaker 7: Well, that's the thing people that need to keep in mind is like the only way this is going to work out if luck changes for us and all of a sudden we are seeing that thirty game string that we saw last season at the end of the season. Something like that could happen. But if it doesn't, then yeah, in the offseason we got to have, you know, big conversations. That's just the way it is. I mean, why is my favorite player? He just I love him, But you know, I hope he turns it around. But he doesn't look great. He doesn't look like his legs are there. But you know they're missing shots. Man, they're missing shots. James Hard shouldn't be missing those shots. I was, dude, Everyone's saying the same thing. Zoo was amazing, and I'm very happy to say that. He's the only thing I bet on tonight. And I've had a nice little parlay on him and wooh that was nice. But I would have rather had the win. I would have rather had the win.
Speaker 1: I got you, Kyle, appreciate the phone call. Big Zoo was outstanding. Continues to cook his former team in the Lakers. But it's not enough. He's not gonna play forty eight minutes. They won his minutes. We'll take a quick time out. Clippers lose the game to the Lakers one O six to one O two. Coming up next, we'll be joined by Will up Deck of Clips and Dip Fame. I Metam Moslin. You're listening to Clippers Talk here on M five to seven E LA Sports.
Speaker 2: This is the LA Clippers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: Best fans in best arena in the entire sport.
Speaker 2: Take us with you wherever you are on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 3: Back to Clippers basketball.
Speaker 1: Clippers lose to the Lakers one O six to one O two. I'm Adam Moslin. Welcome back in. It's Clippers Talk. Coming up. We'll get back to your guys' phone calls here, but we got somebody on the super Secret Guest hotline from Clips and Dip. It's Will Updck. Well, how are you feeling after this one?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 8: Uh, this one, this one hurts. This one felt right there and there was a lot of there was just kind of something some some errors and execution that I think feel is what I'm struggling with the most.
Speaker 1: Tell me about those errors. Are you mentioning the miscues the turnovers in the fourth quarter, like the stuff you can control the.
Speaker 8: Fourth quarter, like the turnovers in the fourth quarter. You know, there were a lot of things that weren't ideal. James Harden, you know, had another bunk game, which is his second in a row against the Lakers. Kawhi Leonard, you know, pretty solid. Overall of the free throws I were baffling to me. I had no idea what was going on there. But the turnovers to me, just back to back to back that you know, there were a lot of things where this could have been a fifty to fifty game, and they're definitely were some calls that were preferential to the Lakers, but there was a lot of execution errors that felt. It just felt, with how thin the margins were, was sort of an insurmountable thing to sort of an overcome.
Speaker 1: How do you feel about Goawhileiner right now? He did have his minutes limit removed, it looks like but he still doesn't look the same as last year.
Speaker 8: I mean, I don't know. We talked about this coming into this game, and I mean we were even talking about if Norm Powell was here. I picked twice as my player of the game because I thought if anytime that this was both the time for the governor to come off in terms of minutes and for him to you know, sort of re establish what he has been and what we know I mean or hope he still can be and solid game tonight. I mean, you know, like it was alright, it wasn't. It wasn't that sort of you know, top five, top three player that we know he can be, so I you know it.
Speaker 1: But can he still be? Is the question?
Speaker 3: I think?
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean, you know, this to me wasn't a ste It's still a step in the right direction in terms of the minutes are there. You know, we talked a little bit about this, but there was bound there's bound to be an adjustment period while he does ramp back up. So it wasn't like super encouraging. But I guess you know, this to me isn't a step backwards in any way.
Speaker 1: Is Sunday a must win game for the Clippers in order to stay out of the plan.
Speaker 8: I mean, we're tied with the Warriors right now, so we do still have the tiebreaker. But like, yeah, I mean, yes, let's get a win.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 1: I'm up against it.
Speaker 5: Will.
Speaker 1: Sorry to keep this short, it's unfortunate Clippers lose tonight one six to one oh two. Uciate you joined me here for a little bit.
Speaker 8: Well, thanks, Adam.
Speaker 1: We'll take a quick time out, we'll come back, we'll close things out. Clippers fall by four to the Lakers. The panic is underway. I get it. It's frustrating. Lakers somehow have Luka Doncic handed to them on a silver platter, and you have to watch him in a Lakers jersey with step back three pointers over each the zoobots late in the ball game, like we've seen two many times before. Looking for some postgame quotes from coach Lou as Well, I met a Maslin. It's Clippers sock here on five seven ELA Sports.
Speaker 2: This is the La Clippers audio network.
Speaker 5: Best fans in best arena in the entire sport.
Speaker 2: Take us with you wherever you are on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 3: Back to Clippers basketball.
Speaker 1: Clippers lose one O six to one O two to the Lakers at Crypto pain. Watching Luca in a Lakers jersey at all in any game is difficult for me. In a game against the Clippers where he has thirty one and is hitting those patented step back three pointers over Viza zubots late in the ball game, it hurts and the Clippers only gave up one hundred and six points. I'm not gonna say them not switching that or excuse me, fighting through the instead of switching, instead of soft switching like that and leaving of Eatza Zubots on an island is what killed them. And you guys gotta understand how the plus minus works. Like they won the minutes one of easta Zubats was out there on the floor while the Lakers were doing all that, while they were pulling him out to the perimeter. The Clippers still won those minutes. It's not what killed them. The minutes that did really hurt them. Some of the second uni stuff where guys couldn't hit anything. Unfortunately, a mere coffee just four points, Bogie two of eight, six points, Ben Simmons two points. Those guys got destroyed. Clippers have to be better. On Sunday, tip time is at six point thirty. We'll have your pregame show starting at five thirty. If you're watching on the YouTube side. If you're hanging on the phone lines, hold on, we'll get to you with some Clippers talk after dark. This stream is not going anywhere. We just have to get off of A five seventy for now until Sunday night. Before we get out of here, I do want to thank the Clippers organization, Ralph Lawler, Brian Seeman, Noah Ego, Carlo Jimenez on the call, Big Brother, Jake Warner, a head engineer, Chris Taylor, a statistician, Daniel West our producer until Sunday night with the pregame show starting at five thirty. I'm outa Maason, We'll talk to you then.
Speaker 2: This has been Clippers Talk right here on your home for the La Clippers Audio Network. Don't miss a single edition all season long after every gain.
Speaker 1: The volume is truly impressive.
Speaker 2: And make sure to follow wherever you podcast for special offer editions.
Speaker 5: Clippers Talk Baby,