Speaker 1: Austin dot com.
Speaker 2: My name's Sandy. This is my beautiful, talented, yet somewhat a cervic wife. Her names Tricia. Hi everybody, I just want to give everybody fair warning. I am loaded for bear today. I'm ready to go.
Speaker 3: I can tell you're really real, wired up, real chatty, real cook.
Speaker 1: With The response is what do you mean like i'd be an.
Speaker 4: Ugly No, No, you're just full energy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got a lot to go. I got a lot of great stuff about coffee. Uh, my standard three cups?
Speaker 4: Ah, three cups.
Speaker 1: That's pretty normal, trush.
Speaker 3: I don't think I have one drink one cup. You're really missing out every once in a while too. If I'm a little slow, really missing out.
Speaker 4: I don't think I hate it.
Speaker 2: But I had three cups over like three hours. Probably I don't slam the coffee.
Speaker 4: I understand that.
Speaker 2: But I finished off the iced coffee, the cold brew coffee that we had in the house.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Our daughter keeps buying it and then not drinking it.
Speaker 1: I know, so I'm drinking it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So we're not buying it anymore unless you want it. We're not buying it for her anymore.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, because I saw it in the fridge, and I did say to her, I just like, oh, so we're trying the cold brew coffee again, right, Yeah, it's pretty good with the little splashier creamer.
Speaker 4: In it of my creamer. I knew my creamer was lighter.
Speaker 1: Dad.
Speaker 3: You know, I guard my creamer like I do my cottage cheese y stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, Grandma's Grandma's garden, your food.
Speaker 3: She I'll freak out if I get it to have coffee and I have no creamer. Our daughter tried to start using my creamer because she wanted to start drinking coffee, but she'd pour like half of it in her cut.
Speaker 4: I shut her down.
Speaker 3: It's like, you got to save your money by your own creamer. You're freaking me out.
Speaker 2: So it's we're nowhere near this point in our lives. But if we do have a grandchild. By the way, we're married, you guys need to know that if we were to have a grandchild, what would you like for your grandma name to beat Apple?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: Really, yes, I wanted to be Apple.
Speaker 3: Our daughter, Landry, who's sixteen now, when she was a tiny, tiny Landry and started talking named Sandy's mother Apple. She'd previously been called Grandma by her other kids, but Landry called her Apple, and now the whole family calls her Apple, right, and now I want my grandma name to be Apple because I think it's adorable. However, I fear that my grandma name is going to be Big Tea because all of her friends call me big Tea.
Speaker 1: I hope it's not Big Tea.
Speaker 4: I know, yeah, to be Apple.
Speaker 2: Bad image of my head. Apple's way cuter, I know. Yeah, Well, it's going to be whatever comes out of.
Speaker 1: The kid's mouth.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 4: Ever, that's what happened.
Speaker 1: First thing that made you laugh today.
Speaker 3: All Right, if your kids are at my house, they're always safe and they're always fed. I might cuss a little bit, but they're safe and fed.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: You know, when when there are kids here, one of the Landry's crew, and I'm in my room, I always lock my door because I'm afraid that get the children. No, I'm not afraid of them. I'm just afraid, like I might be changing clothes or something. They walk into the wrong.
Speaker 1: Room, you know what I mean. Then they got home and like how I saw Sandy naked. That's not good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's really no way to explain that away.
Speaker 2: So don't think I'm up to something. If the kids are here and the door is.
Speaker 4: Locked, I try and come in and bang against.
Speaker 2: It like I'm sixteen years old smoking cigarettes and blowing it out the window.
Speaker 1: Right, Never did that? Was never a smoker.
Speaker 2: Coming up on the show today, something I'm excited to tell you about. Remember mister Looney tune that the police were chasing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I got an update too.
Speaker 1: That's his name. Yes, there's an update on that.
Speaker 2: Also, a ridiculous list of items that you should never keep close to your bed, according to a Fung Shwe expert. By the way, I think Fung Shwei is bullowney. Trusha's got the story we love coming up in just a moment. Hey, you you haven't forgot that Saturday's my birthday right now?
Speaker 4: I have not forgotten. Don't you worry about it? Not forgot?
Speaker 1: Okay, good, just making just double check it on that.
Speaker 4: These stories we love from the US her whole studio. Here's Tricia Delicia all right, you guys.
Speaker 3: The Taylor Swift effect is real and it is powerful. As I was saying earlier, I kind of like it that we haven't seen much of her since she finished her eras tour, but recently she visited the Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital in Florida.
Speaker 4: Went did make a big deal out of it.
Speaker 3: It's not like a bunch of people knew she was going to be there. She went from room to room. She was visiting children who were undergoing treatment for life threatening illnesses, and visited with the parents, gave one of the moms her phone number, like took her time, made everybody feel very important. It was very soon that the event swept across like the Swifties socials, and there were three children in particular that were put on the Swifties socials and within a day of Taylor Swift visiting these children, the Swifties donated tens of thousands of dollars to these children to help with their care. One little girl has to have care, I believe, for brain cancer, and the number that she needed to be able to cover this one particular treatment was sixty thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: And they got it just like that.
Speaker 1: And Taylor didn't ask him to do it.
Speaker 4: Taylor didn't ask anybody to do it.
Speaker 3: She didn't announce that she was going there, just came because she wanted to spread a bit a little bit of that tailor magic to those six children, and then her fans did the rest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, her fans are amazing.
Speaker 2: I've got a good It's funny that you tell us the story right now, because last night Landry and I went over to a buddy of mine's house to have dinner and hang out with them. And he has a twenty five year old daughter and she and then sure her cousin was over who's the same age, And just randomly they started watching the Era's tour on Netflix and Backers wherever it is, and they were singing and dancing and doing the whole thing. And then we were like, then, my buddy David has the great idea. It was like, hey, after dinner, He's like, hey, I'll tell you what. Let's all load up in the car and go get ice cream. I'm buying. So he loaded up into the car and the sing along continues in the car and these girls are going nuts. This is what it sounded like, the carving and lost of stage out, the leaves falling down like pieces into place, and I can pictures and they all have the hand movements and the whole thing. It's amazing.
Speaker 3: Yes, It's incredible the effect that she has on boys, girls of all ages.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I'd rather have a role model like that in the music world than Cardi B or Oh god, yes, you know what I mean. Absolutely, she that woman has so much power. She has sixty one million YouTube subscribers. I mean that's bigger than ABC NBC. She controls a network, right, she could make or break anything. Yeah, Like, if she wanted this this wallet to be the biggest wallet in the world.
Speaker 4: Best selling wallish, you could do it. Yeah she could.
Speaker 1: That's amazing. She could move markets.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, you can.
Speaker 3: And again, she's a celebrity who uses her powers for good, not for bad.
Speaker 2: Right, right, that's the key. Yeah, I would be tempted to do now I would. You wouldn't what I said, Maybe I would use mine for good? No, you probably wouldn't. I don't think it.
Speaker 1: He did not use his power. No, he did not use The defense rested on that.
Speaker 4: I know, didn't call a single win.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thirty minutes they were done.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the jury could have it now Yeah potentially, yeah, crazy, that is crazy.
Speaker 1: That's the story. We love. What's your name?
Speaker 4: My name's Tricia.
Speaker 2: My name is Sandy Stayed with us more coming up. All Right, has this ever happened to you? You try to return something that you bought online and the people say, just keep it, just keep it, just just keep it, Tricia, this happened to you a couple of years ago, a few years ago.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this has happened to be a couple of times, and the result is crazy. A couple of years ago, I ordered a twin mattress for our daughter's bed and it got here. It was one of the ones that was all condensed into a like a box, like as a full sized twin mattress, but it was in a box and then when you open it up, it expands. And between the time it got here, we found another one we liked better. So I open up this box and it expands. I realized we're not going to keep it, and I called Amazon. I was like, so I need to return this mattress and I will not be able to put it back in the box. And she was like, just keep it. There's nothing wrong with it. She was like, yeah, just keep it. So now we have an extra twin mattress that we just have.
Speaker 4: And a lot of times it's just.
Speaker 3: Because it's not worth what it costs the company to pay in the shipping to return it right now.
Speaker 2: Walmart and Target, a lot of other companies are doing this too, and they also say it makes us buy more stuff.
Speaker 4: Yes, because then I was like, you guys, that's so nice.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Here's another example that's even crazier. A few years back. I do a little bit of design work on the side. I was designing a little boy's room and I ordered a very cool twin bed. The frame board, footboard. I got it from Wayfair. Delivered, there was a small nick in the headboard. I called them and I say, we need to exchange this. They go, just keep that one. We're going to send you another one. They sent me a replacement, and now have two twin beds. And that one also had a knick on it somewhere. And I called them again and they're like, just keep it. We'll send you a third one. We ended up with three identical twin beds.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and the knicks one.
Speaker 1: We got a mattress to go with it too.
Speaker 4: Now I've got I need two more mattresses. But I mean, I was like, are you kidding me?
Speaker 1: Yes? Where are those in storage?
Speaker 4: I used them for other clients our client didn't like the nick.
Speaker 3: We just kind of fixed it up a little bit, and we've sold them to other clients. Wow, I know, but three twin beds for the price of one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Industry insiders call it brand warm brand warmth, and it makes us likely to shop with a brand in the future.
Speaker 3: So yeah, it gives that like good vibes, like they're doing you a favorite, like they're being nice, when really they're just saving themselves money.
Speaker 4: But it makes you go, well, thanks Amazon.
Speaker 1: Right, you were shocked by it.
Speaker 4: I was completely shocked.
Speaker 3: I was more worried about them trying to tell me I had to shove it back in that box.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it sounds like things that are difficult to ship are the things that they're.
Speaker 4: Just gonna let you keep. Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: So hey, you never know, it's a win win for everybody. Yep, she's Trisha. My name is Sandy. Stay with us more coming up on Austin's eighties station one O three point one and streaming at one O three to one Austin dot com. Well, it's June in Central Texas. Time to be outside, and you know it's going to be hot. Those triple digit temperatures they're coming, the kids are out of school, their summer camp, family vacations. You got way too much going on to worry about your roof. That's why I am really thankful for my friends Scott and Stacy Feller and their team at Kingaroof Kangaroof. They're just great. That's all I can tell you about it. They take care of all my roofing needs. They've done it for years. For me, it's just peace of mind knowing that Kangaroof is going to take care of things for you. You know your roof matters. It's your largest and best in this time of year, A quality roof helps your Central Texas energy bills stay in check.
Speaker 1: No matter what your situation.
Speaker 2: You can trust Scott and Stacey to shoot straight with you and they'll stand behind their work and only recommend what is best for you. Kangaroof does it all. Repairs, new roof, installs, inspections, you name it, they'll do it for you. Give them a call and see why there's only one kango roof. They really hop to it. Find them online at call Kangooof dot com. Ladies and gentlemen, don't ever have fresh flowers next to your bed, according to a fun Shway expert, your marriage. Yeah, we'll tell you why in just a second. Make sure you grab the podcast version of the show. It just searts the Sandy Show wherever it is you get podcasts now. This Funkshway expert is a TikTok fung Shway expert, so.
Speaker 1: Let's let's keep that in mind.
Speaker 2: But it's trending for a list of four things you should never keep by your bed.
Speaker 1: And they're absolutely ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Right because they can cause disharmony and dysfunction.
Speaker 4: These objects can't.
Speaker 2: So I'm gonna go through them, tell you what they are and why they say this, and then Trisha will tell you what she thinks I will. I will first ones and stick around for fresh flowers. Okay, sharp metal objects things like scissors and nail clippers, clippers, This guy says sharp metal easily pierces your energy field and the effects aren't good.
Speaker 4: Ah, stop energy field.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have a very sharp knife next to my bed. You do.
Speaker 4: I have clippers sometimes next to my bed.
Speaker 1: Well, you gotta get rid of them. Could be causing problems.
Speaker 2: Also, don't have a trash can because trash holds murky image.
Speaker 1: Even if it's just crumpled up papers.
Speaker 2: Murky energy. Oh excuse me, murky energy, he says. Breathing in that energy can negatively affect your health.
Speaker 3: God, breathing in the murky energy because you have papers wadded up in your trash can.
Speaker 4: I have a trash can in my.
Speaker 2: Room, and I am amazed what little amounts of trash you generate in a week, Like when I go on Tuesdays and gather up trash.
Speaker 1: But by the way, thank you for doing that. This week, I pick up your little tiny trash can and there's barely anything. Now, how does that happen?
Speaker 4: Because I'm dainty and petite.
Speaker 1: You don't throw things away?
Speaker 3: Oh I do, I just don't always throw them in that like in that trash can in my bed, only papers. Like I'm trying to think of other things I put in the bathroom trash can, and then other things I take into the kitchen trash can, like I have my set. Oh no, I love the feeling of my organization again.
Speaker 2: Four things you shouldn't keep by your bed, according to this Fung Shwai expert medications and medical records, having them next to your bed, even in a drawer allegedly affects your mood and mental state.
Speaker 3: Most people, I would suspect put their medication on their bedside table so when they wake up in the morning, it's right there to take it.
Speaker 4: Like I get mine out at night.
Speaker 3: I have a cute little pilled goal because I'm super organized. I think I think this is just I think these are things that he doesn't like, you know what I mean. So he's like, oh, I don't like it when you when you have medications next your bed.
Speaker 4: I think it's just made up.
Speaker 2: Maate was like, I'm going to make a TikTok video. What will get the most views, you know what I mean, the dumbest things. Here's the here's my favorite. Yeah again, he says fresh flowers should not be near your bed because but only if you're in a relationship.
Speaker 1: If you're single, it's okay.
Speaker 4: If it's single, you can have flowers next to your bed.
Speaker 2: But if you're married, it invites third party involvement.
Speaker 4: What the hell does that mean?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so if you're married and you keep fresh flowers next to your bed and then your partner cheats on you, it's your fault.
Speaker 4: The fresh flowers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what this guy says, that.
Speaker 4: Makes absolutely zero sense to me.
Speaker 1: How do you become a fung shwe expert?
Speaker 3: I mean, seriously, I literally think it's people who think that I mean decorating. I do interior design and decorating. It is what you think looks good, you know what I mean? And so I just think that I somehow functionally came run And I'm sure somebody's gonna write it's been around for thousands of years. I'm sure I'll get something like that, But I just think it's literally just what you think looks good. Like it tells you that your bed can never face a certain position in a room, yeah, because it's negative effects.
Speaker 2: There's some people with the religious beliefs that their homes have to face certain directions.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, no, no, I can understand that.
Speaker 1: I get that.
Speaker 4: I get that.
Speaker 1: I totally get that.
Speaker 4: Where I put my trash can, yeah right exactly.
Speaker 2: So anyway, you probably won't sleep a wink if you have any of those next to your bed, sharp metal objects of trash can, medications and medical records are fresh flowers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, three out of four house sleep at night at all.
Speaker 1: I don't know