Speaker 1: At a Women's Society, Walking in the Shadows The Cult Edition at a Women's Society.
Speaker 2: Or Walking in the Shadows the Culturition.
Speaker 3: Welcome to Crypto Women's Society and our new series as Stories from the Arcane Library.
Speaker 2: I'm Juliette and I'm Lisa, and today's first episode is about Poltergeist. We are so excited to talk to you about this because we've had our own personal experiences.
Speaker 3: Right yeah, yeah, yeah, we definitely had. We lived in a house in Wellington and Nio and we had a lot of activity, so we can't wait to kind of chat about that and also, you know, kind of other bits and pieces that we've learned.
Speaker 2: So yeah, one hundred percent, you know, and poltr guys can be really scary, and I think a lot of the media that we've had kind of dumped into our brains with Hollywood and that sort of stuff, is that poltergeists are evil and demonic and really really super scary. And I think one of the things that we want to talk to today about is kind of what sort of levels of Poltergeist activity there are and the differences between them. Not everything is demonic and not everything is super scary as Juliet keeps telling me and teaching me about you know, I'm not really well versed in the whole paranormal thing. Juliet is far more knowledgeable than I am, and so she's forever saying to me, not everything's bad, Lisa. So yeah, yeah, yeah, and that's it, you know.
Speaker 3: And you know, we had you know what we're saying, We had our own activity in the house, which was like, it was super scary, but it was also like you kind of got to the point where're like, we got again, ye yeah, yeah, and I think.
Speaker 2: We can tell them to just go away, right, We just got to the point where were like, seriously, dude, go away. You just didn't realize I'm tired, I want to go to sleep. I've had enough of you. Yeah yeah, but no, it's it's good.
Speaker 3: So looking into this, we did like a little bit of research and you know, kind of looking everything from you know, where does the word poltergeist come from? And pop culture and all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: So one of the things that.
Speaker 3: We learned is that the weird polta guys originates from the German language, which is something that I did not know. So polta means to make a noise, and geist means spirit or ghost, so so polter guyst literally means noisy spirit or rattling ghost in English. So that's where the weird poltar ghist came from. So that's quite yeah. I found that quite interesting.
Speaker 2: So and I think, you know, there's been so many stories and encounters, you know, poltergeist or poltergeist activities been around for what eons generations all throughout the world, and it's not centered on one specific location. Globally, you get that sort of activity everywhere, right, And one of the interesting things that I kind of researched and found out was the viewpoint that poltergeist activity is attached to certain people of certain ages. And I thought that was really really interesting. And I don't know if that's correct, because the more I think about the theory around pre pubescent children and girls specifically that this poltergeist activity centered around, I think to myself, well, actually, there's a lot of poltergeist activity that is a centered around older women and men as well, And the stories that we're encountering and starting to be told makes me kind of question that theory altogether, that this poltergeist activity is really focused on these young their children. So what are your thoughts on there, Juliette.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it's literally like, yeah, I don't think it's all down to pibcent girls and stuff like that, you know, and like we're saying from our own experiences, but also from encounters that you know, we've read about and heard about. So yeah, I think, you know, there's there's possibly two sides of it, like you know, like there is with the activity, there could be some maybe some of it is demonic activity, some of it as polter guy, some of it as spirits, you know, or somebody just trying basically on the other side, trying to get our attention. So yeah, so I don't think everything is malevolent. And yeah, so I mean that's kind of what we're gonna have a little little chat about and yeah, kind of have a have a few stories and kind of see where they fit, I reckon, Yeah, and see if we can make those connections, I guess, And I guess like this whole like this whole space, the supernatural space is.
Speaker 2: Really about kind of trying to find your own direction, find your own way, and how do you make these connections make sense with your belief systems, you know, and whether or not you believe in seances or ouiji boards or you know, anything kind of around that sort of space. It's how do I make those connections and what parts are relevant to me and what parts resonate with me?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah. So one of the things, sorry to interrupt you there, One of the things that I've been looking into as well, is is kinetic energy and how spirits use kinetic energy to you know, emf and that sort of stuff, to rimpods, to make spirit boxes work, to all of those sort of things where you have lights going off or music sounding. How do these spirits use the energy or how do they gather that energy to then create a poltergeist activity where something's flying across the room or you know, you see the these videos where these chairs are sliding across the room. I've never been experienced experienced anything like that before, Thank goodness. I think that would scare a living shit out of me, and I'd run away. But I saw a video the other day of a of a woman who put a baby into a you know, one of those play pens inside the lounge, and the whole thing slid itself down towards the front door along the lounge, and I just kind of think there's so that must house so much kinetic energy to be able to create that sort of force. That's a massive amount of built up energy within that space that that that spirit's using. So that was kind of my question.
Speaker 3: A few cases in there where like very young children have been kind of you could say attacked, but you know, like kind of knocked over. And you know, because there's another one with a young a young child probably about eighteen months old, basically knocked off their feet.
Speaker 2: You can you can literally see this.
Speaker 3: Cad go flying. So yeah, you know, so stuff like that. Yeah, you're kind of like, yeah, you're you're kind of getting a little bit on the nasty side. So but yeah, I mean it.
Speaker 2: All depends on you know, is it.
Speaker 3: You know, then you've got to think about are they connected to you, are they connected to your family as this you know, an upset spirit, or is it just somewhere that's kind of from that place, from the area, or have they just popped in you know.
Speaker 2: Well that's what we had right at the NaIO House. We had a giant portal funnel that would just spit out spirits left, right and center, and we had the occasional that would hang around and that were kind of bound to the house, and then others that would just show up and pop their hidden and then leave, or you know, open a cupboard and you know some stuff. Yeah, yeah, some stuff around and then leave. Yeah, we had a lot of activities.
Speaker 3: So we got some professionals to and basically that was their view is that this is just and it wasn't just one. There were a couple totally totally different said the same thing that there was almost like this portal that they're all coming here. And yeah, I mean, so we had a range of different activity. We definitely had some nasty stuff in that house. Nearly everyone that came into that house saw something, even my mum. Yeah, so it was yeah, it was the whole Nio house.
Speaker 2: Was oh yeah yeah. And I mean I've had some other experiences that we can talk about, and I'm sure you have as well, Juliet, outside of that house as well. And one of the things that I researched was the idea that there's an EPI center. Yeah, so can I just read you this real quickly because I found this quite interesting. This person wrote Poultergeist are centered on one person known as the epi center. The epicenter is typically an adolescent going through puberty, usually girls or adoless. It's going through a lot of emotional distress. So that's kind of my research that I came from. But once an epicenter releases a vast amount of negative emotions of polder Geist can can sorry, so it can form the epicenter's kinetic energy, so it can take that epicenter's kinetic energy. Another instance can occur if a spirit feeds off this a negative energy and becomes Poltergeist like entities. So I guess that's kind of what you were talking about in regards to kind of, you know, something a little bit more negative and a little bit more angry.
Speaker 3: That's kind of like what they're saying, Like they don't see poltar geyst as traditional ghosts or spirits of the decease, and they're thought to be more manifestations of like psychic energy. And that's basically what you're descented. Yes, so centered on that one person, Yeah, which is which is really interesting because you know, we read some cases where that hasn't really been the cases. You know, there's been a bunch of people in the houses you know, we've got a very famous case here in Australia and that's the same thing I just forgot the name of it in the Northern Territories called the Humpty Do Politics started my story.
Speaker 2: Hope you do polar guys. Yeah, so he will do.
Speaker 3: That's a kind of a story that we will do like a we'll do a short story on it and we'll put that up as well, because that's really really interesting. And we also have the Guyraghos, which was they think was manifested around a twelve year old girl called Mini.
Speaker 2: And yeah, so it.
Speaker 3: Was really kind of interesting interesting stories.
Speaker 2: So I wait to put those up. And it was interesting. We had this conversation like yesterday or the day before, we were talking about Poltergeist and kind of getting ready for this episode, and Juliet and I were talking about kind of why we had so much activity in the Nio house and was it centered around us or was it centered around her and we had children in the house and what did that look like and why was there so much activity. I mean, we saw full apparitions there. We had a lot of Poltergeist movement and activity around and I think the thing that we kind of looked at as we started pinpointing, going oh yeah, oh yeah. There was a bit of financial struggle, there was a lot of emotional struggle. There was teenagers and kids, and there was a lot of stuff going on in that house, right, So when you kind of step out and you look into it from the outside perspective, we were able to go, oh, okay, I understand why.
Speaker 3: Now at that point, we were just loving at We were just like, you know, we were surviving. We were you know, we were young, we had kids, we were trying to survive, and you know, everybody else that was you know, it's the same thing. But yeah, yeah, really really really interesting. But yeah, I mean we you know, we even physically got hurt the you know, I was hat. I was basically went downstairs trying to do a blessing in the house to try and get rid of whatever activity was going on, and basically got hat. So I will never forget that, And that was like such a shock to me. I was just like it was a full handed hat like across my shoulder, and yeah, that was like, okay, we need to go and get some extra out now. So we left the house, like I basically chucked the kids in the car and I left, Like I was just like I was so shocked. I was really shaken up because I could tell whatever hit me was really not nice. Yeah, I mean, you know, like you know, like we said, we had a lot of activity in that house, but it wasn't always bad, you know.
Speaker 2: It was just sometimes it became very annoying. Sure, yeah, yeah, yeah, And I mean, this is the thing. It's unnerving right to know that there's something in your house that won't allow you to settle right. It's moving things and it's showing its presence, and it's really unnerving to have to live in that space. I'm sure anyone that's had any sort of politiceist experience in there in their house that they've lived with, it's it's a really unnerving thing and you have to get help with it. Do you have any stories, real quick jewels that you want to go into. Did you want to go into those Australian ones?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay, so Overview would be really well girl, what is it called it?
Speaker 2: The Guira Ghost?
Speaker 3: So this was in early nineteen twenty one, This was a new South Wales. So the guyra Goes terrorized William Bowen, his wife Catherine and their three children, and they're like little cottage. It started up started with like loud thumping, and over days they started to become knocking.
Speaker 2: On the walls.
Speaker 3: Stones were being thrown onto the roof and outside the walls of the house. On the third night, shut bangs were heard on the inside of the house and it literally shook the cottage. Almost all the windows in the cottage were smashed out. None of the family could find the source of what was going on, although they were saying most of the activity was around twelve year old daughter Mini. So Ben Davy he was a student of spiritualism, and he visited the bow And house and he learned that May, their other daughter, Catherine, had died about three months earlier. So again there was a lot of you know, there was tragedy. There was a lot of emotions and stuff like this. He told the Sunday Times that he suspected that May, the deceased sister, was trying to get in contact with Minnie. So that was kind of what he went on. So when he was kind of with Minnie one night and he said to he said, look, you know, if you hear any knocking, he says, I want you to speak to her and ask her if it's your sister May. And she was very, very reluctant to do this to start with, but then some knocks started happening, and so he said, like literally all the hair stood up on the back of his neck and hands, and he was just like, oh my god. So he continued to kind of say to Minnie, please, you know, ask her if it was May.
Speaker 2: So she turned around.
Speaker 3: She goes, is that you May, you speak to me? And then she went really really quiet for a little bit, and then she just started crying. And he was like, oh, did May speak to you? And she goes, I can't tell you. It's a message for my mum. And so she ran to her mum and said the message and she said, tell mother that I am in heaven and I am quite happy her.
Speaker 2: Tell her it was her prayers.
Speaker 3: That got me here, and I will look after her for the rest of my life. So which was really yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So the family ended up holding seances try and contact the ghosts they believed it to be the daughter. The police even arrived at the house and kept watch over the house because basically it just became so extreme. So they were trying to figure out as if somebody from the outside doing this or you know, and the locals were absolutely terrified. They armed themselves. They were sleeping with guns and weffons.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So, and also within that time, a five year old boy found a pistol on the bedroom tape he thought it was a toy and accidentally shot his six year old sister. That kind of like went on. Yeah, so it.
Speaker 2: Was in the same house or the same time.
Speaker 3: That was the same town because this was almost like this hysteria kind of took over the town.
Speaker 2: I understand. So the so the father or the mother was so worried they left their gun on the table sleeping with them.
Speaker 3: So upset about all this activity, I know. But the little spiked but she apparently has a bulletin head, so she laughed at it isn't amazing.
Speaker 2: How so much hysteria can take over, you know, over something that is just not not tangible. You can't hold it in your hands.
Speaker 3: You know. So, I mean, so when the police arrived, apparently one of the policemen was so affected by the activity he had to be sent away because it just like he couldn't deal with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so, you know, so it's really interesting that the police were brought in in this case as well. Yeah, yeah, so so basically, yeah, it just finally kind of went through. They had a little thing about Minnie basically saying that she was They explained that she was a poltergeist medium and this is what they see, you know, kind of you know, back in this time, he considered like a general said, he considered her a little odd. She was tall and thin, dark hair, She had introspective eyes that never seemed to miss any movement in the room, and when she speaks, she never smiled and seems to look beyond or through you. And she said she had a rather and kenny aptitude for anticipating questions before they were asked.
Speaker 2: So maybe psychic abilities.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so maybe psychic abilities. So and the thing about May's deaths, so this is where it kind of gets a little bit thingy because there they're not.
Speaker 2: Really sure how she died. So one story.
Speaker 3: So she was a single mum, she had a childhod wedlock, so again you know, that was a stress on the family. So they there were two accounts of May's death. One was that she died after a botched aborshit and one that she threw herself into a water hole and drowned herself. So again, you know, again it's that, you know, there's that kind of activity of that stress, those you know, emotions, So there is quite you know, a possibility that that kind of went on, but a few So here's another thing to it is a few days before the haunting began, there had been an unexplained disappearance of an eighty seven year old Irish woman, missus Doran. So on the fifth of April, a farm worker reported seeing mister Ram walking across the fields with a potato in each hand. She topped over her eyes and then she was just basically gone. After search parties had thoroughly searched the entire area she there was just no trace of her.
Speaker 2: She just basically disappeared.
Speaker 3: So so that's kind of a yeah, potatoes, So she had a potato in each hand and basically.
Speaker 2: Just walked off into the distance and disappeared, so you know, so that's.
Speaker 3: Kind of And then I heard another disturbing thing, which I don't know if it's true, so I have not been able to find anything, but it's about how Minie died, and it was basically that she was hit by a vehicle and decapitated when she was like in her eighties. So it's just like, well, okay, yeah, I mean that there is a lot of stories and evidence around people that have poldergeist activity and this sort of stuff when they're younger.
Speaker 2: It follows them through life, you know, And it sounds like Mini had some sort of psychic ability to end a channel or connect or whatever, and she probably experienced that throughout her.
Speaker 3: Whole life, right, And it'd be really interesting to talk to, you know, and try and find information of people around her at that time, you know, if anything else kind of happened. But you know, but you know, like back then, it was seen. It's such a bad thing, you know it. You know, it was almost like you're a watch. You were shunned, you were basically you're chucked into mental hospitals.
Speaker 2: You know all that kind of stuff. Well, that whole family, sorry, that whole family. I mean, like, you know, Minie's mum being a solo mother out of wedlock, that's you know, strike.
Speaker 3: Mini sister may that died, so a bigger pardon.
Speaker 2: So Mini's sister out of wedlock, that's your first you know, negative cross, especially back in Australia in those times where Juliet was saying there's so many mental asylums and psychiatric units that that women were just shoved into. There was something like I think the numbers were above five hundred and fifty a year women that were put into asylums. That's five hundred and fifty women a year. That's a huge number that were just put in. And you know, the reasons that you could go to being committed to an asylum was if you read novels, if you were a novel reader and thought, Juliet, she's a goner, especially the novels I read. That's the dungeon talk. Okay, you know there was ridiculous reasons to put women in these asylums and in these mental hospitals to be lobotomized, and you know, we went to an asylum and it was just horrendous and to think that, you know, these women were thrown in there for what having sex, out of marriage, you know, out of wedlocks, feeling or yeah, just or the kids stole something and then they got put in with them and oh yeah, but being too excited about life, don't you dare get too excited about life? You go to well, if you're a novel reader as well, obviously you're too excited about life.
Speaker 3: One of the other things was like with May's daughter, I think she was about eighteen months old, basically was given to Minnie to raise, so Minnie had to look after her, you know. So again it's yeah, so.
Speaker 5: Very much trauma and negative energy and oh yeah, yeah, yeah, gosh, you can understand why there was so much, like just such full on polder Geist activity.
Speaker 2: I mean, you have those different levels of polder Geist activity, and as those stresses become, you know, more and more and more, then obviously that feeds into that energy that the spirit needs. Right, Yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 3: But one thing we have learned is you know, with some activity, you can actually manifest your own activity. So maybe there could have been a few things happening, but you know, but the family suddenly.
Speaker 2: Became focused on it.
Speaker 3: Then you know, then the neighbors became focused on it, then the town became focused on it. The police were there, so you know that they could have manifested you know, even more activity.
Speaker 2: Easily, Yeah, easily. It's that neurolinguistics, right, when everyone's thinking of the same thing, then you manifest that it happens. It's like the you know when you're in church or whatever and you will pray for someone and they miraculously get healed. Well, a lot of that theory comes from so many people thinking in the same way, you know, trying to manifest that and that's what you know, I guess universal consciousness. Isn't it all connected?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yes, that's a little story, but there's but we will do some amazing pictures and stuff to add to So that'll be amazing for our Strange Tales of the South Pacific.
Speaker 2: It's such a cool story to do, and we'll put that one together. I've got a quick story. Do you want to hear it? We tell me so. My story comes from a news article called Pooka Koe Poltergeist. Pooka Koe is in New Zealand and the North Ireland. It says terrified residents call in which after ghostly encounters. And I'll just read through this really quickly just to give you a bit of an idea. So ghostbusters are being brought into rid of Pooka Koe home of evil spirits after terrified Filipino workers complained that it's haunted by ghules. And we know Filipino people are very religious and have a very strong superstition when it comes to the supernatural. The scared men reported the troubling presence of three female spirits at the Old Pooka Koe Villa and have engaged in services of a good witch to cast them out. I'll just take you down to where they talk about what's going on, so they said. The first few days they were there, they came back to us and said, hey, boss, boss, the place is haunted. There's ladies in there, three ladies, lady ghosts. And we were like, yeah, okay. But after that a few things started happening and it's been non stop since then. One man reported feeling a slap to his face in the middle of the night, walking waking up to find out that he was completely alone. That's pretty scary being slapped around. The men also reported lights getting turned on and off, footsteps and then running in the rooms. Some of the men have claimed to hear constant crying, woman crying, and one man reported experiencing a form of sleep paralysis, you know where you can't move when you're asleep or when you wake up and you still can't move. He said it was like something was holding his legs and pinning them down to the bed. And one poor guy had an uncanny encounter while he was on a video call to his wife in the Philippines. He said, his wife got shitty at him and has got stars beeping it out. His wife got shitty at him because she saw another woman behind him, and he swore black and blue that there was no one in there. The wife initially refused to believe the man's denials and insisted that he was lying. She was on video call with him she saw a woman behind him. He said that the workers had leaned on their strong Catholic faith to deal with the issue. Relating in a conversation with one of the terrified men, he said, in the name of Jesus, please just leave us alone. And it didn't work. So now so now the men are praying every night to try and keep them safe. They're, you know, holding the Bible and all this sort of stuff nice and close to their beds, but basically they just keep the wardrobe closed door the wardrobe door closed, and they try desperately to not call their wives.
Speaker 4: On video call from the Philippe, that poor man, we shouldn't laugh because they're obviously pictures fight of it, but they said.
Speaker 2: They're still getting you know, woman's crying and crying voices in the night and all of that sort of stuff. So obviously whoever's in that house did not want them to come in to be there. When was this? So I think this is quite recent. I'm sorry, I'll just pull this back up again. This will was published a two thousand and twenty. Ah, you poor boys. Yeah, so it's quite interesting that the conversation or the article is kind of written like a conversation, and it goes into like kind of what the good witch is going to do. It's going to go in and you know, cleanse the house and all that sort of stuff. There hasn't been a follow up report yet, track them down, track down the house. I might do. I might do, But I just kind of thought it really highlights when there is spiritual activity in a house and it's associated and connected to that house. If you walk into their unknowingly, then you're going to get the wrath of whatever energy is in that space. And I find there's a lot of people that walk straight into these sort of spaces and don't pay respect to the house itself and to the energy that's already in there. They just walk straight in and pick up on it straight away, whereas they don't pick up on it straight away, and whereas like sometimes you know, you and I have.
Speaker 3: Walked into buildings and go oh oh oh.
Speaker 2: I don't want to be here. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah absolutely, and you know, like you know, you get the spine tingly kind of goose bumps and you know when you're not meant to be there. I remember we were sitting there and the cats.
Speaker 3: Remember we had all three cats that were on the couch with us with the fire going watching TV, and all three cats literally just jumped up like they.
Speaker 6: Sucked up and they were like and We're all like ohkay yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, very much so, right, And it's interesting, right, those cats, they never they were pretty worldly.
Speaker 2: Cats, right. They spent a lot of time outside. They used to bring in bush rents and wetters and all of those sort of things.
Speaker 3: They and what's right, yabby, but many crayfish what the hell are they called?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Crayfish? Shrimp?
Speaker 3: I don't yeah, yeah, yeah, you're right, yeah, absolutely, So they were really, you know, they were worldly cats.
Speaker 2: They knew what everything was. But men they had a few moments where they were puffed up like little puff balls and hiding in a corner and all of a sudden disappeared, right yeah, yeah, and their eyes would be like booms when you're like, oh, what they seeing? What are they saying? Yeah, what's going on? Yeah? What's going on over there? Anyway, good story without being in storytime yet? Yeah, okay, my bad. So Juliet, you're going to do first. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I'm just doing a little bit.
Speaker 2: You know, this is our version.
Speaker 3: If it's wrong, then let us know. But no, kind of like the differences between like Polterguy's activity and like demonic activity, you know that they can be very similar in some parts, but it's just a kind of like a little bit of a difference. You know that they can manifest almost in the same way. So like as we're talking about Poltergeist kind of like manifestations of psychic energy, you know, we kind of an individual possibly focused on that, you know that they're doing, whereas your demons are quite manlevolent and.
Speaker 2: They're spiritual entities.
Speaker 3: Even though like the Poltargeist activity is it involves you know, physical disturbances, objects, moving noises, you know, all that kind of stuff disruptions and electrical equipment demon activity can be similar where like the physical manifestations, but it's it's generally a more sinister kind of occurrence kind of behind it. You know, you can get everything from possession and like dark apparitions, you know that that kind of stuff. I think that the feel kind of generally if you really kind of feel it in the house, you would probably sense that there's like a bit of a darker entity there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, are we talking shadow people as far as like those of manifest that.
Speaker 3: That's a you know there are you know, there are a lot of shadow people. I mean, we we had one in the Naia.
Speaker 2: House who we named George. Talk about George. We we literally had a.
Speaker 3: Shadow he was a hat man and as we found out from Heidi Hollis. Yeah, so that that's our whole different story of that one.
Speaker 2: And that was such a funny conversation, right. We we had this conversation with Heidi Hollis, who essentially named hat man and shadow people, and she said, ah, sounds like you had a hat man and we were like, oh, he was, and we have never heard of it before. We just called him George.
Speaker 3: We just called him George because everybody's saw George, and if George gave you a fright, you'd be like, George, would you just stop at can you just go.
Speaker 2: Away to freak out?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 3: And that was literally kind of our attitude towards him in the end, was.
Speaker 2: Like, oh, George, stop it. Yeah, And so what would you what would you call George? Where would he fit into that kind of list that you've got, Oh, God.
Speaker 3: Like, I wouldn't call him a pold guys, but I also wouldn't call him like a demon like you know what. It's like, I don't think he was either, even though hat Man is supposed to be around when there is like kind of he's on the darker side.
Speaker 2: He's like a darker entity.
Speaker 3: I mean, apart from scaring the crap out of us on occasions, we never really felt any And I think that's, you know, because because that's why we named him, and that's why when it's like, oh, it's just George, I think, you know it, we never got that real menacing, menacing kind of feel about having.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So whereas you know, there was definitely other and other stuff in the house that was extremely menacing or you know, possibly the demonic activity, which you know you look back now and kind of go okay, yeah, like so you know, so pot of guys are kind of they're associated with being a little bit mischievous and they you know, I was saying, they're kind of linked to emotional and psychological kind of turmoil and stuff like that. So and your demons are kind of like they're they're there to harm you. They're there to kind of cause you, like just stress that, to scare you, to frighten you, you know, and the position side of it, you know, which is absolutely terrifying, you know, to to kind of be in that kind of stuff. And also you know, your demons are kind of they're more interpreted with a religious kind of context and framework around them, you know, where you end up having to bring in you know, like your Catholic priests and you know, anything to Christianity and stuff where you know, they're considered agents of evil, aren't they. So you know, so it's like, you know, so you bring in priests and you know, you can do your exorcisms and you know, or bless your house and that kind of stuff, you know, whereas you you know, your pod guys activity. You don't necessarily need to do that, even though there's been some you know, some cases, you know, like the case that we spoke about before and the Northern Territories, what was it called the the boot one? Oh my gosh, I forgot the name. Humpty do house you do case, we're basically priest Swinton and had knights thrown at them.
Speaker 2: So but the knight that was thrown at.
Speaker 3: The priest literally stopped about half of it away from him and dropped to the ground.
Speaker 2: The humpy case, we haven't been through that.
Speaker 3: Maybe that thing we'll talk about later, so that that is like a case that you know that we're going to do with the short story. But yeah, they were pre sprought into that and a lot of a lot of paranormal activity activity.
Speaker 2: And but this priest that came.
Speaker 3: In seemed to think his view was like the polar guice activity will never harm you. So if you had something thrown at you, like you know, say somebody had a stone through at them, it would be like a marshmallow hitting you. And I'm you know, I'm a little bit kind of dubious about that.
Speaker 2: So I don't know that's a question for for our watches and the comments have you ever been hit by something from by a poltergeist before? I'm sure those cheers flying across.
Speaker 7: The room wouldn't have hurt at all, you know, like or you know, people being you know, the kids being dragged, people being grabbed and pulled, and you know, so then is that or.
Speaker 2: Is that demonic?
Speaker 3: So it's it's a very it's a really really tricky and there's.
Speaker 2: So much crossover in it, right, and I guess that's where people get confused. And it all just depends on what your belief system is. If you come from a religious belief system, then you're immediately going to go to it must be demonic, because my belief system states. So if you come from a different belief system around you know, some sort of paganism or anything else that's not generalized religion, then all of a sudden you're thinking, well, it's probably some sort of a spirit that hasn't crossed over yet or you know whatever around that sort of message.
Speaker 3: Sure, yeah, and sang here just a you know, to cause a bit of strife, you know, just a trickster.
Speaker 2: Right, So then how do you categorize you categorize this stuff? Or is it more guestimation.
Speaker 3: I think it's more guessing and also kind of your encounters, you know, so if you know, like us, we had our Poulter Guy's activity in the Naire house, as you know, and it was scary, but it never got to the point where the polterguy se activity made us run out of the house. Other things did. But you know, I kind of think, you know, when we look back, I think it was like definitely two different things there. But yeah, we were never it was more you know, like we're saying, you know, you'd be sitting there and stuff would go flying or you hear a smash or the doors would open, and you know, and you know, we do look back because you know, we lived in Wellington and Wellington has a lot of earthquakes, and you know, and you know, we were so used to earthquakes there, and you know we had them on a regular basis, so you know, some of it you kind of go, could it have been you know, a quick earthquake, because you do, we would get jolts. You wouldn't just be like, oh, here's a lot of rumbling. It would just be one job that's a boom and then like everything in the cupboards the glasses. All we hear is bang and ching, and you know, everything and then it's done, you know, so that you know, so you do kind of take in that kind of thing, you know what.
Speaker 2: I so wish that we took notes around that. I wonder if there was a connection with the Poldergeist activity and the earthquake and the volcanic activity underneath us. I mean, there must have been like this build up and release of energy. Damn it. We should have taken notes, I.
Speaker 3: Know, like the more we learn, you know, like even when we lived down the South Island, we lived in Pectin, and going driving from Pectin to Blenham, which was like the closest big town, it's like a twenty minute drive, but you can guarantee you got this little area like in between it and you're crossing over this bridge, and the odometer like on the car would spin, like it would just go crazy every time said there's such a huge magnetic field or lay line or fault line there that it always went off. And it was really funny because like sometimes you go across it and just be like a little spin and other times go absolutely insane.
Speaker 2: And it got to the point.
Speaker 3: Where you're like yeah, we're gonna have an earthquakes soon, because you just kind of knew, and like even I say, you know, you've been willing to go, oh, we haven't really had a little shake for a while, because we were quite happy if we had lots of little shakes. But then you like, we haven't had one for a while, so we're probably going to have a bigger one. And sure enough we did. You know, you would have like a like a bigger kind of a rumble and stuff that would go on, and then you're kind.
Speaker 2: Of like, oh and we relax, yeah, and you can feel, you know. I was talking to Kathy, who's a clear when that lives in an upper hut, who we're going to work with soon, and she actually messaged me and said, can you feel it? And I was like, yeah, yeah, yeah, you can. Let you feel the whole. Oh my god, here we go.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's so interesting. And I don't know that you know, there's nothing that tells you there's earthquakes coming, but there's definitely this feeling of built up energy that you get if you have any sort of connection to that sort of I guess to Earth. You know that you're connected to.
Speaker 3: We were in cobb and coat and the hat I come with you. We had glasses of wine, nice read wine and basically an earthquake hat. I can't remember her. It was like because we were so usedful it used to it. Basically the first thing we did was grab our wine. We're like, whoa save the wine that I think it was Michelle and like we just grabbed a wi We're like, way, I've got the wiel like well sway, Like okay, we're good. But what happened was like on a table, like a couple of tables away from us was an American family and basically they just wanted defull mode panic and just dropped.
Speaker 2: We were like, oh it's okay, guys. And the way it just runs past is like good on your girls. Oh well, that's it right. You know, we get to the point where we go we're not gonna Should I get up? Now? Are you going to continue? Should I get up and go underneath my doorway?
Speaker 3: That is like, oh okay, it's been going for longer than like, you know, because we've been kind of gauging thirty seconds.
Speaker 2: Okay, maybe it's going to pick up a little bit, but are you going to keep going? But isn't that interesting. I think, what a what an interesting connection that we we definitely have to go a little bit further into talking about, you know, energy lines, lay lines, portals, all of those sort of things and whether or not that affects Poultergeist activity. So I think that's a really cool connection that mad energy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, a lot of electrical issues in that house, say so many electrical issues in that house.
Speaker 2: Like, hey, do you want to do you want to tell some stories? Now? I think we're kind of getting in there. Let's tell our stories, our little personal stories.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, So I've had some recent activity kind of like last year, which I just I have no idea. I don't know what it is. But it started with a I was in the bathroom. I was in the shower. Do you love it when they come to you in the shower? And like literally I got out. I was like looking in the mirror. I was doing me here and stuff, and this like large black thing just like dropped down behind me, and all I could see in the back of miles like this big, big drop. And because the first thing that jumps into your into your head is oh my god, that was a Huntsman, so you know, so like a giant spider spider. So I'm like going through and like moved all the kids toys. There was literally nothing near and it was just like the here in the back of my neck just kind of stood up. I'm like, okay, I'm just like what's going on here? So it didn't I was like, okay, whatever it was, I'm just like, no, bugger off. And then things just kind of progressively got words like we've got like curtains I don't even know how to explain, just like kind of slack curtains, so they will kind of come down, and so they got string at the bottom, you know, it kind of holds them together and so you pull them across. We would be sitting there watching TV and these curtains, like no heaters or anything, would literally start swaying, and it was just like and you're sitting there watching it and you're like, can you like stop that now?
Speaker 2: It's just like what's going on?
Speaker 3: And that happened like many times, like probably a good dozen times that happened. Like it was like either in the kitchen, it was like in the bedrooms. I was laying in bed one night and the same thing, like nothing on, no heater is on, and I got woken to like the swishing noise. I'm like, what's going on? And I'm literally sitting in bed and my curtains are doing this. It was just like I'm like, Okay, You've got my attention, can you please leave? But then I just like every time, and I spoke to Lisa about this, like I would go into the bathroom and just like here in the back of my neck would stand up, and I just didn't feel like I was alone. And what Lisa and I have called them a dirty ghost because we've had a few encounters, especially in the.
Speaker 2: Nio house as well.
Speaker 3: But I had my toothpaste, like I brushed through with think but I brush my teeth in the shower. That's how I do it every morning, and so it kind of hops in the slat and then it just kind of sits here kind of like on the bathroom rack. And I just sat noticing that my toothpaste started moving, and like I'm in the shower like going, what's going on and the toothpaste bom bom bom bom just started doing this, and I like I kind of grabbed it and I stopped it and like, you know, just just stop, and it just kept going. And this continued for about a month. Every time I had a shower.
Speaker 2: My toothpaste, I've always got to the point.
Speaker 3: Where I wanted to wear a bikini or dogs into the shower and I'm just like, well, you just like go away.
Speaker 2: This is like really rude, you know, it's like but then yeah.
Speaker 3: Then it eventually, you know, I don't know what happened. And and then I rang Lisa.
Speaker 2: One day.
Speaker 3: I was I was making myself a hot dog for lunch, right, so I had my barn, put my cheese and my mustard, my tomato sauce, and put my sausage on and so it was there already on the plate. And then I went to make a drink and then I turned around and the sausage was literally out of my hot dog and I come off the plate where it hadn't.
Speaker 2: Tipped over anything, and it was on the bench.
Speaker 3: I'm just like, oh my god, like leave my food alone, and Lisa going.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, published trying to steal.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I mean, but I mean that's kind of our attitude towards.
Speaker 2: It was just what is going on? But I have no.
Speaker 3: Idea what kind of brought up that activity, but it's now gone.
Speaker 2: It was around for about a good month and a bit, but it's literally stopped.
Speaker 3: And yeah, I was literally just like just whatever you are, just I know you're here, please leave, like I did do like I do do my cards and I do do pendulum and stuff like that. And I was telling Lisa about it, and it basically came up, you know from what I kind of interpreted that. It was like a kid and it was like playful energy. It wasn't like nasty, but it was like playful and it's just like, hey, I'm here and carry on.
Speaker 2: That's right. Yeah, And didn't it come up with it wanted to play with the kids because it wasn't the grandkids, right, grandkids and stuff. And there was a few little kind of.
Speaker 3: A few little incidences where the kids got really frightened because something was in the room and you know, things were moving and yeah, so they you know, so we were kind of like, you know, it's I basically said themself, you please need you need to leave because you're actually scaring the kids.
Speaker 2: Can you please leave?
Speaker 3: And it worked, you know, there was no like, oh you're bad I'm just like, you're freaking them out, you know.
Speaker 2: So whether it was like just something passing.
Speaker 6: Through or.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know, but like, like the very first I think within the first six months of us living in this house was one of there's an operation that I saw, which is the most it was the I've never seen an operation like it. Like it was so clear, it was so thing, and it was like of a young well I think was an Aboriginal girl with like a big cloak on little bobcat here beer feet and she literally walked past my door and like I was like, by the time my daughter came home about fifteen minutes later, I'm literally running around the house with a baseball back in the house because I knew in my kid what I saw, but it was still like that that freaked me out. So because I've never seen an operation so clear, so so vivid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so crazy, really really interesting.
Speaker 3: But there's you know, there's been like five years five six years between that operation and you know what kind of thing it kind of happened here.
Speaker 2: So the best part about this whole thing happening to Juliet was the phone calls that I got in New Zealand funny. Oh my god, my toothpaste keeps moving. Why won't I stop moving?
Speaker 3: It was just it was just the artist thing. I'm like, why are you moving my toothpaste? And then why are you watching me in the shower? You know?
Speaker 2: And I think that's something we'll talk about now, Dungeon talk episodes and we'll go into that sort of dirty purv girl and that sort of stuff, because we've got a fair few stories of encounters with spirits and showers, which is just not okay. Yeah, yeah, I suppose it's that water thing, isn't it, you know, show conductivity. I don't want to share my showers. Yeah, I draw the line at sharing my shower. Okay, sharing my food maybe, but sharing my shower about that definite no.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 3: So so that was my story. So Lisa, tell me your little poltergeist encounters.
Speaker 2: Well, well, as you know, I've had a few, especially with you, and I do wonder that you're the catalyst. Okay, I don't think it's me at all. Definitely that one. I hope I'm pointing to the right side. You've got to point down. I don't know who you're pointing to. Just George over there, guy. So I have a couple of stories, only two stories that I wanted to share. Number one was in a house that we had just moved into after the Nio house. So I do wonder if maybe I took something with me from the Nio house. I took them with me. So we moved into a house in Avalon, which is a really old area in Lower Hut. It's been settled for probably a good hundred years. It's one of the first settlements through Lower Hut, so been there for quite a while. And we moved into a really old house. And so we knew that because it had these pull out kind of diagonal container drawers wooden drawers that they used to put flour into and onions and that sort of stuff. And next day they would keep the really old Yeah, yeah, really old. And it was an amazing pink color. That's how we know it was really that.
Speaker 3: The pastial pink blues and greens in New Zealand, which is also through all the psychiatric hospitals on my ad.
Speaker 2: So yeah, and I wonder why people were crazy because they have to live in that, right, I mean seriously. Anyway, So that was our kitchen pastor pink, and so I remember, and I was living there with my little boy at the time, who was probably about three by that point, I think, after we moved out of the Nio house, and so we were living in this house and that was fine, no problems, everything was all good. Until one day I woke up and I felt sick, kind of like how I'm sounding now, and I thought, right, I'm going to go and get my This isn't my normal voice, by the way, I hope you know. I don't think this is normal. So I thought, right, I'm going to go get some oranges. I'll go down to the supermarket, get me some nice oranges. I'll make myself feel better, and I'll fix whatever's trying to get me, right. So I went down and I bought this beautiful bag of like kind of six or eight oranges, and I popped them on top of my table in the fruit bowl, still in the bag, mind you, in the dining room. And my bedroom was down the hallway and then right at the end of the house, so it was a fair amount of walk away from the dining room, and so I popped those there, and I went around and I did whatever else I was doing, and I came back probably about an hour or two later to find my oranges and do some squeezing and make myself healthy. And I was like, where the hell have my oranges gone. I was the only person in my house. My baby was at preschool, at kindergarten, and I was like, the cat's not big enough and she's got no opposable thumbs. She can't take it anyway. So I was a bit miffed by it, and I was like, where are my oranges? I know I put them right here, So I started looking for them. Right So I was like, oh, we look through the lounge and then through the kitchen, because that's the obvious place that you find your oranges is probably I put them in the kitchen. Sure, And so I walked around, no oranges, no oranges. Walked into my bedroom and I was like, it's not in my bedroom, and so I thought, I'll just have a quick look around. Opened the wardrobe, not in there, opened a couple of my drawers, thinking you're an idiot, why are you even looking at the drawers? For looked under my bed and I was like, are you joking?
Speaker 8: And literally under my bed, in the middle of my bed was my oranges in the bag that I had left them in on the dining room and I was just like, I'm just trying to get healthy.
Speaker 2: You give me back my oranges. And so that's probably the biggest like poldergeist activity I've ever experienced.
Speaker 3: That's that's quite a Yeah, it's a massive amount of space that it moved, right, and that was really kind of what it was.
Speaker 2: More annoying and trickster than anything. But I was just like, how the hell did you make this happen? And who are you get out of my house? So, yeah, I don't know if it was something that was already in the house when we moved in or something that maybe we brought with us on our journeys, but that was pretty crazy. And nothing else happened. We didn't have any slamming doors or anything crazy town like that going on. But my oranges were put under my bed and that. Yeah, And anytime it comes to like you all.
Speaker 3: Your little stalker's like, oh, I'm just gonna eat oranges under a bed and watching.
Speaker 2: That's the freaky thing, right when things happen in the shower or when you're in your sleeping space, in your vulnerable areas, it freaks you out way more you know, yeah it does. Like the kitchen, kitchen doesn't matter so much, but in your bed or in the shower, it's just not okay, a little play with me. But my second story is from actually a different place. When I got back from London, i'd moved over there with my son and we'd come home to stay without with my partner and his family. And the house that we lived in was a makeshift what do you call it, like a a semi office building set up one of those not real buildings building like a building, but like it's like, yeah, it's like a set up office kind of oh gosh, it's a special name for them that are kind of like pop up buildings. So it was very much run for an office set up, and so we kind of emptied it all and used it as our house. And there was a couple of real nasty things going on in that place, which I did not like at all, especially in the shower there. And my son also had a very horrible encounter with a ghost in the bathroom as well, and he refused to go back in there. And he's a big boy, like he's a big salmon boy. He's six foot and he was just like no, I'm not going back in there, but this is this happened when we first got back here. My partner had built us a bedroom in this off this building and this is amazing, and he's built the walls and da da da da dah, and laid out this brand new carpet and it was nice and squishy, but basically it was so thick and it had such a thick underlay that when you tried to close the door, you had to physically push the door really hard across the carpet because the carpet was so high, right, so it couldn't be blown by the wind or buy anyone. Apart from being really physically pushed with your hand, you couldn't even kick it and let it swing, and you had to really kind of give it a good go. Anyway, So my son and I were sitting in that room because we just got a new kitten and our pussy cats also had joined our family, and she was in a cardboard box in that room. We literally, I think, brought her home that day and the door was open, so into this bedroom, the door was open. We were sitting on the carpet next to the door, and the cat was in the little box and all of a sudden behind my son and I was looking at the door in that direction, and my son was looking at me with his back to the door, and all of a sudden, the door shut itself. And I said to Hunter, did you shut that door? Mate? And he goes, no, Mum. And he was sitting cross legged looking at the cat in the box. And I was like, Oh, the door just shut and he goes, oh, that's weird because you have to push that door.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And the more I think about it, the more I go, Wow, that was crazy because it also made a really crazy sound, like you know that pushing sound of wood over carpet. It didn't make any sound when it closed. That's the weird thing, isn't it.
Speaker 3: You know, like there's some activity that you've had where something happens and there is no sound and you're like, I just this happened, but there's literally no sound.
Speaker 2: And then other activity is like bang goes a cubo door, or bang.
Speaker 3: There goes something flying off the bench, or he goes a.
Speaker 2: Knife block or yeah yeah, and it's so odd. It's like there's something just not quite right with it, right, There's something missing about that occurrence or that kind of activity.
Speaker 3: It's so much there must be so much power behind to kind of do it, and that kind of Yeah. Yeah, well, I mean I know how much how much.
Speaker 2: Effort I had to put in to push that door shut so for it to simply shut itself, And yeah, that that freaked us out, like pretty good and proper. And then we started getting some pretty, as you put it, sinister sort of vibes going on, especially with some things that were happening outside the house and then inside that bathroom kind of area, and we were like, yeah, noop, And I got very angry, you know, at the entity for you know, violating my kind of my privacy. You know, I got really really grumpy at it. So yeah, and you know, we did all I did a cleanse and that sort of stuff, and I kind of felt like it probably wasn't the same thing. I think the thing that was happening in the bathroom was situated in the bathroom and was stuck in there probably due to the water as well that energy, and the thing that shut the door and was causing little issues in the house was probably more of a trickster sort of poltergeist activity sort of thing. But Yeah, it was really that. It was very off putting. I was like, what I did shut that door?
Speaker 3: Like I don't think so, but I mean, I mean this is that you know, it's like we're saying, there are a lot of incidents where there's been activity and stuff and not that things happening in bathrooms and people's bathrooms. Yeah, and if you've had any encounters like that, please let us know, you know, right down in the like right down underneath and message us and stuff, you know, because we would love to hear your stories as well, any older guys activity that you've had, especially through you know.
Speaker 2: Like our stories range through the Wellington region. So if you've got any stories, if you're a Kiwi and you've lived in Wellington, I know there's a few people that follow us that know the Nio house. So if you've got any stories around that area, man like send them to us or drop them in the comments below, because that's mental that house.
Speaker 3: But anyone else, yeah, like you know, Australia, you know anything. You know, we love hearing these stories and kind of how you guys dealt with them as well. You know, we've kind of learned that well, you know, as we've gone on here because like a lot of activity used to really scare me, and like it was just like how do I deal with this?
Speaker 2: And I spoke to a really loved guy who was a bit.
Speaker 3: Of a psychic person and like I cannot put the life and me remember his name, but he was an alder gentleman and he'd had a lot of kind of experience and kind of this kind of stuff, and he was literally just like, stand up to them. You have to stand up to them. You have to show that you're strong, because the more you kind of like you show fear, they're just like, hey, I'm in you know, psychologically weak, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so you know.
Speaker 3: So so that's what I do now. You know, if we come across anything that basically you know, is on that kind of paranormal realm and it's kind of being a little bit threatening, I insonally, I'm back at it.
Speaker 2: I'm at it straight away, and it's like back off.
Speaker 3: You can't, you know, you're not missing with me, Just back off, and you know, try and teach the kids the same thing. It's just like you've got to stay strong, you know, you call on your angels or whatever, and you will, you know, you tell.
Speaker 2: Them to back off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a big thing for people, you know who are having these experiences who are absolutely terrified and you know, fear enough. You know, they are terrifying, but you have to stand up. You've got to kind of find that kind of in a strength.
Speaker 2: And go, you know what, get lost.
Speaker 3: You know, many times, ay, we just want to get out, just.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, absolutely, And I think you know, these spirits are bound to the laws of earth, the spiritual realm or this dimension of earth, and they have to do what the law states they have to do, right, and you have the right as a human to tell them to go away and be in the name of Jesus Christ or the name of your angels or whatever for protection. You have the right to tell them to go away, and they have to abide by that. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And there's many different ways, you know, and this is kind of one of the areas that you know that we are going to look into it.
Speaker 2: It's like how.
Speaker 3: Different religions and how different spiritual people and non spiritual people when they're having these kind of experiences, you know, different ways to protect yourself. You know, it's not you don't have to be a religious person to protect yourself. You know, there are ways out there that you can so yeah, it's yeah, there's lots of different things to kind of look into it, and that will be something that we go.
Speaker 2: Into as that protection side of things. So it will be very interesting, very very interesting.
Speaker 3: So we're talking to like religious leaders and people like pagan the witchcraft communities and just spiritual people and yeah, so it's so you can kind of take a little bit of everything. It's just like, you know, I'm gonna hit you with us, and I'm gonna hit you with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got to really hit you with this. Yeah yeah, yeah, absolutely, And I think that's so important to have a really solid toolkit of things that you can use.
Speaker 1: A woman's society of walking in the shadows, the cultetition