Speaker 1: H here's quick weather. We'll cast in Channel nine sunny day to day hazy eighty three for the high, overnight clear, sixty for the low. Tomorrows sunny, humidity, increasing high of eighty six, few clouds overnight down to sixty five. Most of the day on Friday will be dry showers showing up in the evening and then raining out the New King's parades over the weekend. Eighty fourth through the high gets sixty four all time for traffic.
Speaker 2: From the uc out Triumphangue Center.
Speaker 3: From massias therapy to stress relief and cancer surveillance. The u SE Cancer Center offers the region's largest supported services program for cancer patients and survivors, called five one three five.
Speaker 2: Eighty five UC see see.
Speaker 3: Southbound seventy one continues slow from above the Reagan Highway to an accident at the lateral. The westbound lateral ramp is blocked off due to that wreck. North found seventy one slows before Red Bank to have broken down at the Reagan Highway. They're in the center lane northbound seventy five an an extra five out of Erlinger into downtown. It is National corn on the cob day, so why not celebrate with a little bit of butter, a little bit.
Speaker 1: Of salt, and shucks. Just listening to the judge.
Speaker 3: He's next Chuck ing ramon fifty five krc DE Talk station.
Speaker 1: Shucks, but I'm bumped. Should have a rim shot in there, judge ended aup Politana, Welcome back to the About Theres morning show.
Speaker 4: My friend at pleasure, And you know, I used to grow corn on my farm, but there's so many of my neighbors do it that there's really no market for it. I mean, I have a neighbor who grows one hundred acres of corn.
Speaker 2: That is a lot of when he sells at all. Wow. So if you grow.
Speaker 4: Corn, it's really for your own consumption because the bigger guys have pushed the smaller ones out ugly.
Speaker 1: I don't know, never heard of corn on the cob day, No neither I. But Ingram's on top of these matters trivial obviously. My daughter has a small I call it a farm at five and a half acres. They just got bees, two bee hives, and that now qualifies them as agriculture, so I think it makes them eligible for some tax credits and things like that. So they've done her her fiance. I've just done wonders on their little farm at but the bee hives so fresh honey from the farm.
Speaker 4: We sell broccolini, shallots, and garlic. I have about six hundred pounds of garlic that'll be ready for harvesting in July.
Speaker 2: I have just two customers, you know.
Speaker 4: One is a hotel with a restaurant and the other is a freestanding restaurant, and they buy all this from me.
Speaker 2: Six hundred pounds of coarlic.
Speaker 1: That's a lot of garlic. Lord almighty, I'd love to see your farm someday.
Speaker 2: Well, someday I hope you will all organic.
Speaker 1: That's wonderful. That is wonderful.
Speaker 4: Well, if you spray, I know you want to talk about more substantive things. If you spray to get rid of the bugs. The spray consists of my grandmother would love this water and olive oil, really and that stops the bugs.
Speaker 1: Helpful hints from judge and an Apolitano farmer. Boy, that's amazing, Good for you, fun facts all right, pivoting over slouching toward authoritarianism. I warned you ahead of time that you know you're analysis of what's going on in Los Angeles and Donald trump'son deployed the National Guard and the Marines, which I understand legally are two completely different things. My understanding is that they they were there because the Los Angeles Police Department's overwhelmed. They're under directive not to assist or ICE or anything like that. And I get that they're a sanctuary city whatever, but that does not mean ICE can't go in. ICE goes in to do its job. It's authorized by the federal law to go in and arrest illegal immigrants, like it or not, that's what they're allowed to do. But then they were attacked by rioters. Now I know most of the people there were just protesting their activities, and they're allowed to protest. But when you start throwing concrete at ICE vehicles and attacking them and burning federal buildings or spraying your FETA on those are criminal acts and they weren't able to get It's a.
Speaker 4: Terrible state of affairs when free expression of thousands of people morphs into violence of a handful. It is the duty of the government to protect the right of free expression to those who are not violent. It is not the duty of the government to clamp down everything. So One of my complaints is the shutting down of all free expression in order to stop that which is fomented by the violence. The violent people couldn't care less about free speech. They either hate the government or somehow think they can materially interfere with or start some movement against ICE.
Speaker 2: Listen. I don't like these ICE rays either.
Speaker 4: I question the constitutionality of an arrest warrant that doesn't name the person and that is not based on probable cause. They walk in and say who speaks Spanish and half a dozen people hide or say something in English that obviously isn't pronounced correctly, and they get arrested. I have a serious problem with that. But that doesn't justify violence, and the violence, in my view, does not justify the military. Because we have a limited federal government, this is a state issue that should be resolved by state authorities. If the state authorities want LA to burn, there's not much the federal government can do about it.
Speaker 1: Hmm. Well, Nancy Pelosi refer to them anarchists. They say these gatherings of large people will provide an opportunity for anarchists, and I think that's a fairly accurate assessment. You know there are people that do want to bring down the system, you know, hardcore Marxists for example. But fundamentally, I mean, doesn't the president have an obligation to protect the American citizen And if the local law enforcement, local government refuses to protect the American citizens from violelce, doesn't the Trump have some obligation or at least some arguable authority to do that by virtue of the National Guard?
Speaker 2: One word answer, no, fair enough.
Speaker 4: The matter of public safety is not a federal issue, not even arguably under the Constitution. Now, as Trump sees it, he's sort of the avuncular figure in Washington, d C. Protecting people where local liberal Democrats won't. I get his argument. He's obviously milking it for all it's worth. He would love just as Gavin Newsom would love to be arrested. Yeah, I know what, the two of them love the confrontation with each other. But under the Constitution, health, safety, welfare, and morality is just a state matter. Now, you could argue, all right, the riots in LA affect interstate commerce. Interstate commerce is regulated by the Congress. Therefore the President can go into well, it's the riots of that interstate commerce continues.
Speaker 2: I get that argument.
Speaker 4: That's a big government argument, which I continue to rejects. An in violation of federal law can send troops in because he doesn't like the way local government is operating the government. What's to stop him from sending the troops in for any other thing locally that he doesn't like if it's not delegated to the federal government under the constitution.
Speaker 2: Washington hands off.
Speaker 1: Understood and agree with completely. What of the argument though, that attacking federal employees, ice agents, and federal property that that needs to be protected, And wouldn't that give the National Guard to the federal government authority when local law enforcement is not doing anything to arrest or otherwise detain violent people who are acting against.
Speaker 4: The stand that argument. So the use of the National Guard is tricky. If Gavin Newsom is commanding the National Guard, they can engage in ordinary law enforcement. They can arrest people, they can testify as witnesses or prosecution. They can interrogate them, they can push them out of certain areas, just like the police can do. But when Donald Trump is commanding the National Guard, they are prohibited from engaging in law enforcement, So he actually has diminished the role of law enforcement by sending them there. Had he just sent the Marines to protect the property and left the National Guard into Gavin Newsom's hands, he'd have a much larger and more effective law enforcement presence on the ground. But he's interested, as Congressman Massy just said, he's interested more in optics than he is in constitutional fidelity.
Speaker 1: Fair Enough, the polls indicated, at least in large part with the Republicans, vast majority of like ninety percent and fifty high fifty percent of the Independence favor what he's doing. But then again, we have to, I guess point out what you're pointing out. Not everybody is in tune with the limits on the federal government as the Constitution places them.
Speaker 4: Very very few people are. Who was the last president to veto something because it was unconstitutional? The only other president has served two separate terms, Grover Cleveland.
Speaker 1: That was a long time ago, Brian, Yes, it was. Judge ennetor Platano. Always appreciate your legal analysis and breakdown and your commitment to the Constitution of the United States, the supreme law of the land. It's a pleasure having you on the program every week. Sir. I'll look forward to another one next Wednesday.
Speaker 4: Likewise, whether we agree or disagree, it continues to enhance our friendship absolutely.
Speaker 1: Oh real quick, Judging Freedom. Who's on, Oh, Colonel.
Speaker 4: McGregor at eleven this morning, not on Los Angeles, but on just how close are we to war where they're run already?
Speaker 2: Answer? Very close.
Speaker 1: I saw that the Supreme Leader just issued a death threat or an order to kill the president, vice president, the cabinet members and everybody else. Crazy stuff going on in the world. Judging Polytunn will be tuning in for Judging Freedom to look forward to next Wednesday. God bless you man, you got it right back at you, Brian, all the best, Thank you. Eight forty one fifty five KRC. The Talk Station Tyler Gray. The book Forged in Chaos, A warrior's origin story that'll be next fifty five KRC