Speaker 1: On fifty five k r C The Talk Station five O five and fifty five k r C the Talk Station Sues Happy Tuesday. Some said.
Speaker 2: Will was a vast time duncake after trash.
Speaker 3: Hey hit the ground running, didn't he yesterday? Very Happy Tuesday to you, Brian Thomas. Right here, Joe Strecker in there e second producer, Joe Strecker. Appreciate soundbites. Joe Strecker always putting a smile on my face with those, and a smile on my face. I want to see a rundown like we've got today for the program. What a great lineup of guests beginning at seven to five with Newahawa State rubber under Mike codyoso District thirty, which include Green Township. We're going to talk to Mike about what's on his agenda in Columbus the cat herding realm. He's one of the cats needs to be hearded. Now, I guess Mike's going to join the program at seven oh five and we'll talk about what he plans on focusing on in his role as a representative for District thirty. He's a good man, also good man Jason Wims and the Cincinnion Inquire sports writer formerly of Politics Extra. I really enjoyed him when he did Politics Extra. He was a stude observer of local politics, and while I do miss him in that role, he's a great sports writer as well. Today we get to merge his former role as a writer on local politics with his sports role. You're going to talk about the Cincinnati Bengals and the counties negotiations over the stadium lease, and things are not going swimmingly. I don't know if the Brown family plans on taking the team elsewhere. I don't know if that's even feasible or possible. I don't know if they plan on selling them Israel Bier out in the world. Is the global the efforts by the NFL to increase football more globally provide the Brown family with options. We're gonna have the London Bangles or something along those lines. But in the final analysis, you know, I always I look at these stadium things that just scratched my head. Scratch my head. Is there a field to play on? Is there a locker room to change in? Are there seats for the fans? Beyond that? What more do you need in a stadium? This keeping up of the Joneses. Reality is obviously created problems. County doesn't have money. The Brown family has an unbelievably one sided lease agreement that they were able to negotiate, almost as if we had no lawyers sitting on the side of the taxpayer table when that thing went into place, And of course it obligates taxpayers to do some stadium improvement. So Jason Williams on that topic coming up at seven and it being Tuesday eight o'clock hour, regularly scheduled inside Scoop with Bright Bart News. Today we get the political letter Bradley Jay, we'll talk about the inauguration, We'll talk about Biden's pardons, and you looking at the news this morning, there's almost equal amount of articles in chatter about the pardons that Joe Biden implemented, partoning all of his family members from their any criminal activity that might have taken place, or the executive orders Donald Trump signed yesterday like seventy rescinding seventy plus of Joe Biden's executive orders. His own executive orders. We got the border related orders. We have also partning the Jay six defendants, and I think Trump gets a freer pass over partnering all the January most all the January sixth defendants yesterday because of Joe Biden pardoning his family when none of them, well some of them had, but most of them hadn't been accused of any criminal activity. So interesting set up on that one. But a lot of people are riled up about the partning of his family members. Biden's family members, including a bunch of people on the left left wing media, is really no friend of Joe Biden anymore or his legacy. I think they all feel like they were burned by Joe Biden. So he lost mainstream media obviously a couple of months ago, several months ago, and they're just piling on them out over these broken norms, pardoning his own family. Daniel Davis deep dive. It is Tuesday. We get Daniel Davis every Tuesday at eight thirty. Trumps in charge. Now, what we're going to talk about the situation Israel, Gaza and Russia and Ukraine and what it means to have a new Secretary of State, MARCYO Marco Ruby was confirmed by the Senate unanimously. So we've got the first cabinet approval and the unanimous one. Don't expect the rest of them to go this swimmingly. But he had a few things. He's had a few things to say about China and Gaza, and uh, of course he's going to be the head and the man in charge ongoing in Russian invasion of Ukraine. He's got that on his plate now. The situation between Israel, Hamas and Gaza, that is on his plate now. But obviously the Democrats even had a positive image and view of Marco Rubio. In fact, I saw some of the quotes from the senators during the hearings last week, and they feel he's up to the task. So congratulations to Marco Rubio. So five one, three, seven nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two to three talk tun Fi fifty on AT and T phones and don't forget head on over to fifty five carcea dot com freaking me al talking to Chris Bergard, the filmmaker who made the most recent movie, The War on Truth, on the heels of several other movies that he had made. One movie got him in trouble with the the FBI. He went under an FBI investigation speaking truth to power and what he had to say by way of summarizing the January sixth events and how they unfolded and happened was frightening, and you can see it for yourself a link there fifty five krc dot com. Frightening and I think provide adequate, ample justification for Donald Trump pardoning the January sixth defendants. In the order granting or pardoning these folks captioned the caption of the executive Order granting partons and the commutations the sentences for certain offenses related to the events at or near the United States Capitol on January sixth, twenty twenty one. This proclamation ends a grave national injustice that has been perpetrated upon the American people of the last four years, and begins the process of national reconciliation that says, acting pursuing to the grand of authority Article two, second two of the Constitution United States, I do hereby a commute the sentences of the following individuals convicted of offenses related to the events occurred at or near the United States Capitol January sixth, to times served, and the time served ends yesterday, and yesterday he wanted them be released immediately. And there's fifteen specifically named individuals. That's the first jay section. That's Section A, and Section B grants a full, complete, unconditional pardon to all others, all other rather individuals convicted of offenses related to the events at near the Capitol. Law January sixth, Attorney General cell administer and effectuate the immediate issues of certificates of pardon to all individuals described in Section B above, and shall ensure that all individuals convicted of offenses related to events that occurred near the United States Capitol on January sixth who are currently held in prison are released immediately, specifically stating the Bureau of Prison show immediately implement all instructions from the Department of Justice regarding this directive. And finally, I further direct the Attorney General to pursue dismissal with prejudice to the government of all pending indictments against individuals for their conduct, so that covers I think most everybody, unless there's some old lady out there that the Justice Department has yet to find and indict. Don't know what would come under the blanket. But of course, I bet you know Trump being in office now for the next four years, if they actually had the audacity to go out and find another January sixth person roaming around in the streets around the Capitol and decide to pursue criminal action against them. Trump could follow up with another, well, pardon as he did with the January sixth defendants, and they're pulling their hair out over that one. The left is in a big way. I find that kind of funny. Mis notably, Adam Shift he got a partner the other day, and yet he was complaining about the calling the j six partons obscene.
Speaker 1: Talking with Jims.
Speaker 3: Sacky over an MSNBC's Inside yesterday, she long went new question but concludes with what is going through your head right now? The topic of conversation the partnering of these fifteen hundred or so people. Schiff said, it's obscene. It's a gross, grotesque display of his new power as president to pardon these fifteen or sixteen hundred people, which I have to imagine includes people that committed violent assaults on law enforcement. Yeah, like all those Antifah and BLM folks did when they were riding in the streets. I'm sorry. It certainly includes apparently one of the leaders of Proud Boys. Rather fitting sadly that among his very first acts in office is to give a pardon to a white nationalist leader like that. So hard to imagin he went on, so hard to imagine that We're sitting in the Capitol the side of that attack, and hours later, the man who incited that attack pardons people who participated in that attack. It really is a terrible way to begin, but not a surprising way to begin the new administration. Senator Adam, I have a pardon. I am free from criminal liability. Shift I'm kind of happy about getting his own pardon the other day, I must note, but wow, you know the nerve really of Biden, and I guess I have to go back to the reality that maybe Biden didn't even know what he was doing. The puppet masters who been running Joe Biden, or manipulating Joe Biden and placing orders in front of him over the last several years.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Here Joe signed. This reminds me that scene from Blazing Saddles work work, work, work, work, work, work, work work. What's the five fifteen couple of five to sixteen fifty five curiosity talxtation? Feel free to call in and you get a reaction. I did watch the entire inauguration ceremony start to finish pretty impressive, And I thought it took quevos a little out of the norm for the just sworn in president of the United States of America to just go full on wwe on Joe Biden and Tom Harris what they were sitting over his left shoulder.
Speaker 1: That I did not expect. But it is Donald.
Speaker 3: Trump, so I suppose, well, I didn't expect it. It ultimately, isn't that surprising? Stick around. I'll be right back after these brief words a lesson.
Speaker 1: Here.
Speaker 3: It is your nine first warning weather forecast. Course cold weather advisory is continuing. It's still uh set to all the way through tomorrow morning at ten. No changes on the cold weather advisory today, mostly bounce, A few flurries are possible. I'll see a high at fourteen, dangerously cold again. Overnight wind chills will make it feel like below minus fifteen. The actual wow will be zero Tomorrow's high twenty three slight temperature increase there. Cold weather advisory will end. As I mentioned, It's gonna also be partly cloudy tomor the mostly cloudy overnight dry those sixteen for the low in early clouds clearest guys later in the day on Thursday with a higher thirty three seven degrees right now for the five KARSD caause station five twenty fifty five Karri CD talk station.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there quite a.
Speaker 3: Few standing ovations yesterday during Donald Trump's speech after he was sworn in and not standing at least for the vast majority of the time. The Democrats, of course, Joe Biden, Kamala Harris, Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton was there as well. Barack Obama was there, Yeah, and.
Speaker 1: George Bush was there.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I thought it interesting they didn't zoom in on those characters very much during the speech, but crowd seemed really really fired of if you didn't get a chance to watch it. I think there's some significant enthusiasm there, although not among the Democrats. His new CNN pull out, they're not feeling really good. CNN revealed most Democrats think their party is in need of major changes and that they feel pretty burned out on politics generally speaking, which I can understand. The party now facing its lowest ratings in over three decades could be for all the reasons Donald Trump won the president run the election right fifty majority of Democrats and Democrats leaning independence say the Democratic Party needs major changes or to be completely reformed. That's up from thirty four percent who said that after the twenty twenty two midterm elections. There Republicans and Republican leaders who feel the same way about the GOP down from thirty eight percent to twenty eight percent, So most of the people in the GOP don't think the party needs reform. Forty nine percent of Democratic lined adults say they expect their representatives in Congress to be even somewhat effective at fighting the GOP. Ninety percent of Republicans expect their reps to be at least somewhat effective of passing new laws that will, of course put into place Donald Trump's agenda, outlined in large part by all the executive orders Donald Trump's son. We're going to get to the details of some of those and shortly. Most adults seventy percent describe themselves as disappointed, sixty four percent frustrated with the nation's political landscape, with nearly fifty percent describing themselves as burned out anger. Forty percent say they're angry. I love this one more so among Democratic aligned women, fifty two percent of Democratic aligned women describe themselves as angry Joe is that if you had to envision in your mind the stereotypical Democrat aligned woman, what would her facial expression be or how would you describe her as looking? Wouldn't you think angry would pop into your mind immediately?
Speaker 1: Yeah? You know, you know that. Look it's the Greta Thunberg.
Speaker 3: Look. I don't think that woman has ever smiled in their life. Twenty three percent of registered voters say they're satisfied with the influenced voters have had on the political process, down from thirty eight percent last fall. Half adults say they're confident the elections reflect the will of the people. Now reflect the will of the people, Well, it's I mean, we live. It's a majority rule here. You know, you only need fifty one percent to win, right, If it's a dead heat, then the will of the people's reflected in device did right down the middle. So I think with Donald Trump handily winning the election and that amazing, amazing popular vote margin, I think, how can you argue it doesn't reflect the will of the people. Overall, thirty three percent of Americans expressly favorable view of that Democrat party, described as an all time low in CNN's pulling going all the way back to nineteen ninety two, Republicans have a thirty six percent favorable rating. If you go back to January twenty twenty one, the Democrats rating was forty nine percent and the Republican was thirty two. So up to the Republicans precipitously down for the Democrats forty three percent of GOP of line adults and I'll say they feel more a part of the Republican party versus less a part of it, while thirty two percent of Democrats say the things that say the same thing about their party. So interesting. And in terms of protesters, they didn't show out in large measure yesterday, unlike the first time Donald Trump got sworn in. Anti Trump protesters described as having a week showing. Yesterday, about three hundred attended demonstration in Washington. H I love this in spite of the overwhelming numbers, three hundred or so. One speaker speaking to the throngs, there are more of us than there are of them. We outnumber them one hundred to one. We outnumber them one thousand to one. There's those three letters WTF question mark organized by the Party for Socialism and liberation, coupled with some anti Israeli groups. Organizers estimated that this year's Women's March, rebranded as the People's March, would draw fifty thousand protesters, and reportedly a lot fewer than that showed up. First Women's March attracted more than a million people. Several protesters described as wearing red caps looking like Maga hats, but with the words make made you look alua akwar. Okay, here's another WTF question mark next to quote. After all the harm the US imperialists have caused in our countries, migrants not only deserve the right to come and stay here, but also to demand reparations for all they've damaged. What reparations for illegal immigrants? Now?
Speaker 1: Whatever?
Speaker 3: Five twenty six, answering the question about the CNN poll describing most Democrats thinking their party needs major changes. That's the kind of crowd that it draws. Local stories coming up. I prefer talking to you if you want to call in five, one, three, seven and two three talk. But we can do local stories. We've got to stack us. You've been coming up as well. I hope you can stick around.
Speaker 1: Time to shape up. It's the daily workout. French left wing protesters. They're in better shape somehow over there than they are here working out the truth. Come lock, look at how long she can plank for. So get your opinions in shape with Clay.
Speaker 4: We don't run from people even if they have moronic opinions, and fuck your limits.
Speaker 1: I'm not one to throw around my gym prowess play Travis and.
Speaker 3: Buck sext today after Glen my fifty five KARC the talk station Tiver the nine first one of weather forecasts. The Cold Weather Visor remains in effect till tomorrow.
Speaker 1: At ten a m.
Speaker 3: Today, We're going to have a high fourteen, couple of flurries maybe out there, and clouds overnight, clear, very cold wind show below minus fifteen on a low of zero tomorrow during the day twenty three for the high uh see partly cloudy. Sky's got a mostly cloudy Wednesday night. It'll be a low of sixteen and on Thursday early clouds, clear skies later hig thirty three by now eight degrees fifty five kr C DE talk stations five thirty and a happy Tuesday to you eight hundred eight two three talk pound by fifty on eight T and T phones. Feel free to call maybe just a comment on your reaction the ceremony yesterday. The executive orders have been signed. Maybe Ei, there's a particular one you want to bring up. Got a lot of them. Boy, he was a busy you know. I was. I was hoping because we all knew he was going to sign a slow of executive orders the moment he was sworn in, or the day he was sworn in, which of course ultimately happened. Donald Trump and Donald Trump. I would have liked it for him to say after he was sworn in, all right, now move out of the way and give me a pen and head on out of the back room. Viva Ramaswamy stepping out down from the Department of Government Efficiency, which one of the executive orders dealt with yesterday, and we'll be announcing is a run for governor of the state of Ohio, according the sources familiar with Vivake Gramma Swimmy's plans, and he's expected to make a formal announcement early next week, so no longer any speculation about his political ambitions. Obviously, John Houston has been appointed to Vva Gramma Swimmy's seat, and he was widely expected he was going to do this, of course. He's a Cincinnati native born to Indian immigrants, graduated from Saint Xavier High School, earned a degree in biology from Harvard and a jd from Yale Law School. Biotech entrepreneur he is worked for a hedge fund before starting bitcoin bitcoin company Roy Event Sciences also wrote books titled Woke Inc. I had him on the program to talk about that one and a Nation of Victims. So I think he's an outstanding man and a great candidate. So fingers crossed for VVA Gramma swimming before I get to Pete's phone call real quick here. Williams Police are looking for answers regarding to an incident between a man and a child. According to police, twelve year old boy walking his dog at ten pm January nineteenth around Willow Street in South sixth Street Please said, the boy was approached by an unknown man, ended up fleeing, fleeing home and reporting the incident to his parents. Now Williamsburg Police are looking for this guy, reportedly wearing a light colored hoodie and tinted glasses, is a beard and was last seen getting into a silver slash gray small truck that left on Sixth Street heading North. If you have any information or surveillance footage from that night, please message the investigative officer on the case, jail j Jay the letter J Alexander at Williamsboroburg, Ohio dot org. Difficult getting that, Jay Alexander at Williamsburg, Ohio dot org. Creepers out on the streets. I hate hate hearing that. Let's see what Pete's got this morning. Pete, thanks for calling in. A very happy Tuesday to you.
Speaker 5: Thanks Brian Hey on this preemptive pardon stuff, I was listening to podcasts and they suggested that it may not be constitutional until somebody test it. They may not mean anything there is that is correct, Nick. So you think that you think they'll test it, or you think they'll just let it all go.
Speaker 3: Well, that remains to be seen. I know I've read an op ed from the Wall Street Journal and they suggested this might be a gift. They concluded this op ed piece. He may have also he Biden may have done Donald Trump in ironic favor if Trump is wise enough to recognize it. With fewer political opponents to target, Trump may be less likely to make the mistake of pursuing revenge. There's that element to it. But on the flip side to your point is has it ever been tested? Alan Drschwitz was talking about the other this the other day. The pardon power is barred from England. It's not clear whether in England you could preemptively pardon somebody who's not being investigated, but there is a president. Of course, it was never tested, and that is President Ford did preemptively pardon President Nixon, who wasn't being charged with anything, though it was being investigated by special counsel. He could have been charged. So he concludes, I think the laws pretty clear that a president can preemptively pardon. Should he have done it, question mark, it's his prerogative. I don't think that's accurate. I think the law has not been established. No one has ever tested it, No one ever said, hey, I don't think that that preemptive pardon is even constitutional and challenged it. I don't know who'd have standing to make that argument. Maybe a prosecutor wanting to go ahead and pursue charges against one of these so called pardon family members, for example, like Joe's brother or something, and then they would wave their pardon around and maybe that would provide a vehicle to go to court and say, have someone analyze it from a constitutional perspective. But as of right now, I'd say it's an open question just because for pardon Nixon, again, it never went to court. It was never subjected to constitutional announ by any court. So keep your popcorn out. One thing is for certain, though, the investigations will continue. I've seen quite a few references and comments on that from various political figures that they can go ahead and continue to look into all this you know, money making and behind the scenes favor granting and all the money that flowed in from various foreign governments to the Biden family. They can look into that, they can get definitive answers on that bring it to our attention, And of course it will require the assistance of the pardoned because they no longer have the right to assert their Fifth Amendment right to be against self incrimination. Since they're pardoned, they don't face any criminal jeopardy or liability responsibility. So you can't hide behind the Fifth Amendment. You're going to have to answer the questions or be subject to right what would it be.
Speaker 1: Center sanctions? Contempt?
Speaker 3: Perhaps you know there are there are obligations you have when you're in front and sworn in and testifying under oath. So if you lie under oath, you can't asserit your Fifth Amendment. You got to answer the questions accurately, or you can be charged with the crime of lying to well FBI agents or Congress, et cetera. So those possibilities there. Nick in New Hampshire, Gary on the phone. Hang on, guys, five thirty six. I'll be right back to take your calls.
Speaker 6: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: Is your attic card.
Speaker 3: Gold Weather Advisory remains in effect till tomorrow at ten am. Today is going to be a high of fourteen. Few flories are possible and mostly clouds. Overnight low of zero for more like below minus fifteen, clear skies, partly cloudy day tomorrow warming up though a little bit anyway, high of twenty three, mostly clouds every night down to sixteen and a balmy thirty three for the high on Thursday, with clouds early and clear skies later in the day.
Speaker 1: Right now eight degrees. Time for a traffic date.
Speaker 7: From the you see how traffic center, you see healthy, You'll find comprehensive care that's so personal.
Speaker 1: It makes your best tomorrow possible.
Speaker 7: That's boundless care for better outcomes, expect more and you see health dot com. Southbound seventy one is shut down at Feiffer has been for several hours due to an overnight accident in blue Esh that traffic back towards to seventy five. It's not all that bad at the moment. Elsewhere highway traffic in decent shape. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 3: Five forty fifty five KRC DE Talk Station Happy Post Mega Monday, Tuesday, five three seven, two to three Talk New Hampshire. Gary's been on longer, Nick, hang on to get you next. Welcome back New Hampshire. Gary.
Speaker 8: Hey, it's a wonderful day. Well, we'll see if everything comes true that Trump wants. It was a little bit of there was well, there was a little bit of a pushback last night with releasing some of the people who were immediately released at the prison. I saw that Antifa had shown up and in front of the prison along with some of the prison guards, and they only released two of the people who were released immediately, and they said that's all we're doing tonight. And there was you know, the people out in front that they're like, scrit We're going to call the US marshals, and you know, there was a big tape. He said that's all we're going to do. And he said tomorrow's another day, but that's all we're doing tonight.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, if anybody, any of those people who are not released had a lawyer on hand, they get immediate rid of habeas corpus and get them out of prison because they aren't supposed to be there anymore, given the definitive nature of Donald Trump's order ordering the release. And is it sort of is it ironic the right word Antifa, the Kings and Queens of riots and protests are protest in the January sixth rioters. I mean, it seems kind of contradictory. I guess it was.
Speaker 8: It was truly, it was truly a bizarre scene.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like you know, I'm like, what.
Speaker 1: Exactly?
Speaker 8: So it was just interesting. I saw that and I was like, I'm sure they will comply. Oh, they're like, you know, maybe release immediately. It is like buying a gun. In some states, they give you seven working days. It's smart and Luther King days. So it's actually eight days or could be ten days, you.
Speaker 3: Know, yeah, paperwork, paperwork, that kind of thing. Yeah, I don't know, Yeah, I don't know the realities of that. But the order does say immediate release, so I don't know how you can get around that, but I'm certain that they will be released. I have no doubt in my mind, because again it's it's it's to just cut and dried, and any lawyer could easily run into court and get a mandate from a judge, some sort of affirmative injunctive relief to get him out of prison. Brit A Habeas Corpus again comes immediately to mind. Good to hear from New Hampshire. Gary Nick, Welcome to the show and a happy Tuesday to you.
Speaker 9: Good morning, Brian Counselor. I have two questions for you. Both are not exactly corporate law. They're going to rely on.
Speaker 10: Your continuing education credits.
Speaker 1: Okay, good luck with that one.
Speaker 3: It's been a long time since I practiced law, although I do keep my degree, and it didn't really practice corporate law. It was a litigation attorney, which is like jack of all trades, master of none. The only master you are when your a litigation attorney is a master of the rules of civil procedure, which is just the ins and outs of how you file cases in motion practice and trial and practice and things like that. But the subject matter varied widely over my career, so I don't consider myself an expert in any particular area of law.
Speaker 10: And how strong you can squeeze the correct wallet. Yeah, the other person I'm getting on seriously is Tom Common and then nor of home Man. Then is the arrest first? If f Tad says that we're a sanctuary city, does does that mean he arrests him? Does it mean that the city manager gets arrested because.
Speaker 9: He's telling the cops not to turn around and do what they're told by the SAIDs Or does the sheriff turn around and arrest either one of them? Because the sheriff is unique in the county.
Speaker 3: Oh, you asked an interesting question. Until they have haven't a sorry, until they up until the moment in time when they actually commit an act that interrupts ICE's operations. It's only a hypothetical question because there's no actionable conduct yet.
Speaker 10: So if ICE comes to town and we'll have to have somebody and responsible, that's the part that I can't figure out.
Speaker 3: Legally, I would think it would ever act or whatever law enforcement officer stands in the way of or commits something that would could be characterized as a violation of the law. It will be that individual, and then that individual maybe we've turned to his boss and say, well, I was ordered to do that by this particular figure, and whoever that be, the mayor or the sheriff or the chief of police, maybe they could be held accountable. It poses an interesting question for a theoretical question, but I really don't definitively know the answer. I mean, it seems to me more likely that the Trump administration would threaten the city with some sort of sanctions, you know, refuse to provide, you know, some some form of financial infusion of cash which they rely on for whatever infrastructure project, that kind of thing. If something will come back to haunt them, and whether or not they're legally responsible or be held criminally responsible, they certainly will fill the brunt of their decision in not helping out Ice with its deportation efforts. So I can't get more definitive than that. I really just honestly don't know directly. Just got to speculate on that one. We'll watch it unfold together because it's coming as early as today by forty six thirty five cares for detoxation. Charli, if you don't want to hanging on, I will get your call right after we return.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC. I'm sure it's sold by smart.
Speaker 3: Cold weather avisor remains in effectual tomorrow morning at ten am. Today, high a fourteen with a few floories, possible clouds, clear skuys. Every night we've described as dangerously cold. Winship chill is going to drop a low minus fifteen, a low of zero Wednesday, be partly cloudy, high a twenty three, and then overnight low of sixteen with clouds, and a cloudy early Thursday with clear skies later in the day high of thirty three eight degrees.
Speaker 1: Right now traffic times.
Speaker 7: From the UCL Triumphing Center, and you see healthy. You'll find comprehensive care that's so personal, makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more. Atusee how dot Com. Subound seventy one has been shut down at fight for for several hours over night due to a single car wreck just within the last few minutes they have started to open up planes again, all open on the right side, traffic fitting out through blue ash rather quickly, chuck Ingram on fifty five krs, the talk station.
Speaker 3: Cut up on five fifty to fifty five KRC the talk station five one three seven eight hundred eight two three talk and go to the phones right now before we get to this stacker stupid got Charlie on the line. Charlie, thanks for holding over the brake. Welcome to the program.
Speaker 11: Yeah, good morning, Brian, Happy Tuesday to you.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 11: Two questions concerning pardoning. First question, doesn't the premptive pardning by Biden of his family members and the January sixth committee imply some level of guilt? That's the first question.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, it's your subjective opinion. It doesn't mean they're guilty. But we can all draw our own conclusions based upon the evidence that we are already aware of and the fact that the Trump administration still has or actually the now Trump administration has inherited some investigations that are ongoing in which I think will continue. So but yeah, I mean, it's your right to draw your own conclusions about their innocence or guilt. But it leaves it open to speculation.
Speaker 11: Okay, And his second question is if a criminal that Biden pardons goes out and murders somebody and commits other crimes, is he perpetually immuneifum.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 3: The pardon only applies to acts up to the moment the signatures on the page. If they go out and commit further criminal acts, that's beyond the timeframe of the pardon, So they would be subjected to criminal reliability for anything they do on a going forward basis. So yeah, pardon only goes so far. So if they if they're involved in let's say shady or illegal financial deals, then they have been and that that would be subject to the pardon. But if they continue them on a going forward basis, those would be new crimes post pardon. Ongoing criminal activity would be new criminal activity. So only a finite amount of time these pardons cover. So if they're gonna go out and commit crimes, then they get caught and they're going to be held accountable. All right. Over to the stack is stupid. Here's one from yesterday. I didn't get to this one, Joe, and I thought i'd put it on the stack, a man now dead after using what they describe as a strong glue to in the reporting's words, seal his penis because he didn't have a condom. Why are you doing that? Let's find out together me Salmon mers Us, twenty five years old, reunited with his ex fiance for a drug fueled romp at a hotel in India when he decided to smear epoxy adhesive on his genitals to avoid getting or pregnant. What unamed police source said the pair were a drug addicts known to mix white her and epoxy together for inhalent kick. That's the words that used in the report a courding The Times of India, several witnesses said Mizra Mirza, along with his former fiance, both of them were addicted to drugs, had gone to a hotel in Japara. Since they did not have any protection, they decided to apply the adhesive to his private parts to ensure that she did not get pregnant. Friend of mister Mirza found him unconscious in the shrubs the day after he checked into the hotel, taking to the Soula Civil Hospital. Condition quickly deteriorated. Later died from multiple organ failure. Allegedly caused by the adhesive. His family reportedly claimed his ex fiancee was the one who applied the adhesive and we're calling for an inquiry into his death. Idiots doing idiot things because they're idiots.
Speaker 12: You know.
Speaker 3: I just wonder if someone's going to demand their awarding label on that on a going forward basis, do not apply to your genitals in substitution for.
Speaker 1: God, who can argue with that.
Speaker 3: Let's see here a Brazilian inmate whose masked attempt to break out of jail dressed as his daughter found dead in his cell after apparently having hanged himself. Accorded to Rio dejion Eira state authorities, convicted drug dealer Calvino D. Silva forty two years old serving decades long sentence when he was caught trying to break out of jail disguised as his daughter. Caught wearing what they describe as eerie plastic mask, long black wig and women's clothes, including a prop video from prison authorities shows he slowly removed his disguise went viral, of course it did. Reo prison officials said Silva had been found dead in his cell in a high security unit in the state's Bengoo Prison convex. Quote the inmate appeared to have hanged himself with a bed sheet was quote according to real prison authority in a statement. Or maybe they pulled an Epstein on him. We got a drug counselor at a New York state rehab facility selling crack cocaine on multiple occasions to undercover police agents, according to the police who arrested him. Acting on tips from public investigators began probing Alvin Lewis, fifty four, and subsequently identified him as an narcotics and dangerous drug dealer operating in Dutchess County. On multiple occasions, Lewis sold crack to agents with the local Prosecutor's Drug Task Force. While conducting surveillance of Lewis, police determined that he worked overnight hours as a counselor at arms acres and inpatient rehab clinic. Lewis busted while driving a few miles from his residence. Subsequent searches of his home and vehicles yielded crack cocaine package for ready for sale. Being held without bail, expected to face additional charges. Idiots doing idiot things because they're idiots. Yes, let me get one more in here, claiming he was intimidated by a pro Trump political sign in flagged and flag attached to his next door neighbors fence. A Florida man toward the Adams down and threw them into adjacent lake. Police accuse Lee Jonathan Farber fifty five, of forcibly ripping the sign and flag from a wooden fence. He reportedly did not like the pro Trump political signs and had been screwed to the sixty seven year old Leon Pierce's white picket fence. Pierce, registered Republican, told the News that he had affixed the rotating collection of spray painted signs to his fence with pro Trump and anti Joe Biden messages. One sign in the lake quote eight days to go and blank you Joe, although the word blank is not there. The flag was a Trump twenty twenty four f your Feelings flag.
Speaker 1: There's no flag for us.
Speaker 3: Well, in this case, there actually was five point fifty six fifty five KRC. The talk station plenty to talk about executive orders galore and more. So, feel free to call in if there's something you want to go with. I'll be happy to take your call. I'll be right back after the news, A.
Speaker 1: Full rundown and the biggest headlines. There's minutes away at the top of the hour, a critical message, but it's important. Fifty five KRC the talk station, get an ego.
Speaker 3: He talk team, You've got a reaction. Yesterday's the inauguration, the executive orders, the last minute pidon pardons from Joe Biden real quick. I'll addressed that just the moment, because we had a call in the last hour. What conclusions can you draw from that? I guess it depends on whose auctions being Gord. But very briefly, one hour from now news State Representative Mike Odeo. So he's representing District thirty, which includes Green Township. For the most part, we're gonna find out what's on the agenda in Columbus and what will he be focusing on. Congratulations Mike on the win. And I know Mike can interact with him quite a bit over the years.
Speaker 1: Good Man.
Speaker 3: I think he's a solid guy. Congratulations for electing him. Jason Williams, sports writer for the Cincinnion Quirre, formerly Politics Extra writer, So we're going to combine his former local political reporting with his sports writing. We're gonna talk about the sort of breakdown in the stadium lease negotiations between the county and the Brown family. Things not apparently going swimmingly. Jason Williams at seven thirty two hours from now the Insightscoop with Bright Barton News political letitor Bradley Jay joins a program to talk about the inauguration and Biden's pardons and Daniel Davis deep dive now that Trump is in charge, what happens in between Israel and Gaza and the Russia and Ukraine situation. So I know Donald Trump's really wants to get that resolved. It's going to require some major concessions from Ukraine, I do believe. And we have asked the expert Odor Exit celebrating twenty five years in business. So that will wrap up the show as far as guests, and again five three seven, four nine fifty two three talk before we get to some of the executive orders from Trump yesterday. Call her in the last hour. Well, it does do pardons of Biden's family members and Fauci and Mark Milly, et cetera. Adam Schiff notable. Does that mean that they committed crimes? Well, you're free to draw your own conclusions, it doesn't mean that preemptive pardons. It's for anything, any crimes they committed or may have committed, but also if they didn't commit any crimes. It really is just a matter of saying, there's, well, there's not going to be any jail time if someone uncovers a crime for this period of time. But what conclusions can you draw from it? Well, if you asked Adam Shift, who was specifically asked this while by MSNBC's Joy Reid in twenty twenty, who said, have you ever heard of somebody getting a preemptive parton who was innocent of all crime? Who's just an innocent person? You ever heard of that? Just somebody getting blank and pardon and they're an innocent person? Adam Shift quote, No, it's the president's own family. It's people that have been covering up for the president in addition to his own family.
Speaker 1: Hmmm.
Speaker 3: When asked by Wolf Blitzer Layer in the program, if the pardons, accepting the partons would be viewed as an admission of guilt. Oh, and parenthetically, you don't have the right to turn down a pardon. I've read one legal scholar who said it's the president's I'm going have to pardon someone.
Speaker 1: It's done.
Speaker 3: Once the pen has hit the paper and the signatures there, you don't have any say in the matter. You can say I don't want it, I rejected, but that won't have any impact because well, you've been pardoned. But anyway, will Fulitzer, if accepting the pardons would be viewed as an admission of guilt. Jack back to Adam Shift, quote, I certainly would view it that way. I think millions of Americans woud view it that way. If there was no belief in criminality, why would you Why would he think a pardon was necessary? Okay, so you can put Adam Shift in the probably guilty of a crime category since he too got a pardon. Andrew Weisman, former federal prosecutor, said it's pretty much the same thing. Talking with Brian Williams over an MSNBC, Is there an innocent explanation for someone to seek a preemptive pardon for his family members? Why would you do that if you knew you were innocent and just worried about outside forces? Quote. The answer is the answer to that is going to be no. If you haven't done anything wrong, you sit there and go, wow, what do you need a preemptive pardon for fast forward?
Speaker 1: Today?
Speaker 3: Ask godham Shift the same question. I'm sure he would say, that doesn't mean anything. I didn't do anything wrong and I can't do anything about it. Did Joe Biden? Oh, yeah, you gotta get swifty.
Speaker 1: You got to get shwifty in here. It's time to get shwifted. Can you play the unedited version of that, Joe?
Speaker 3: No, maybe in the five o'clock hours someday. Taking me back on that one, my friend. So again, it depends on what moment in time when you're asking that question, what conclusions you can draw. Trump's immigration plans include ending birthright citizenship. These are some of the executive orders went through yesterday, declaring a national emergency of the southern border, ending asylum by speeding up deportations, and the app that was previously used up until yesterday to well enter the country without crossing the border, it's been shut down CBP, one app that allowed nearly one million people to enter our country so called legally with eligibility to work by applying from your home country without having to make the perilous journey through Mexico into the United States. Across the border illegally that app was shut down. Notice on the website the Customs and Border Protection said the app is no longer available, can't schedule appointments anymore, and also that existing appointments have been canceled. Of course, the ACLU has already filed a lawsuit relating to that, and as one would expect them to do, he I gave this Defense secretary ten days to provide a plan for the US troops to help seal the border. Trump rescinded seventy eight Biden era executive actions and signed other orders as thousands of supporters cheered on in the room. I thing it was interesting he did it in public. Of course, some will be facing legal challenges. As I mentioned, immigration rights group including thea ACOU sued the Trump administration at right after he signed the order. They had a complaint prepared and ready to go. I remembered doing. That's kind of a common practice because when I was practicing litigation in Chicago, we were trying to negotiate a resolution and the venue of the lawsuit was going to be critically important. So it's first to file. So whoever gets into court first and files a complaint first, that can often well determine the venue of the action. So we had a complaint in hand fully drafted, ready to go, and the moment we saw that the negotiations were going to go know where, a phone call was made and one of the clerks was there at the courthouse and filed the complaint immediately. So we outgunned them on that one. They were so angry about that anyway. Trump also revived the policy to Remain in Mexico, policy that requires migrants seeking asylum of the Southern Boarder to stay in northern Mexico borders cities. Apparently Mexico's that you're going to need to agree to take the migrants. Although if you don't let them in our country, they're on the other side of the border. Aren't they already in Mexico ergo If we don't let them in, aren't they stuck there? Mexico gets to decide what they want to do with them. Maybe deport them to their country of origin. I don't know, but that's Mexico's problem. He called for resuming construction of the border wall, designated cartels as foreign terrorist organizations, and stopped the refugee resettlements for four months. Apparently legal pathways the Biden administration created for migrants who would otherwise have crossed the illegally ended. That'd be the CDP app I just mentioned. Trump signed an order to withdraw from the Paris Climbing Accord. Also pulled us out of the World Health Organization. Trump a little angry that we were paying five hundred million dollars annually to the World Health Organization in a country of three hundred and twenty five million people, when the Chinese were with one point four billion people were only paying in thirty nine million dollars a year or something to that effect. Opsided it was, so we're out of that. He instructed the Attorney General not to enforce a US ban on social media app TikTok. That ban, that reprieve is seventy five days long, so we'll see if someone is interested in purchasing it. I still say he didn't have the right to do that because according to all the reporting on it, there is no waiting in the wings trying to get the details sewed up between a purchaser and the current owner of TikTok, which ultimately is the Chinese Communist Party. He signed orders and various memorandum to cut regulations around energy production and hopefully to reduce inflation, eliminating former President Joe Biden's climate regulations regarding electric vehicle productions, those pesky cafe standards. You heard him yesterday if you're watching the speech after he was sworn in this and he's all about choice. If you want to buy an internal combustion engine, knock yourself out. We are not going to force electric vehicles on you, which is a good thing. Trump directed federal agencies to evaluate trade policies and economic relationship with China and North American neighbors, directing federal agencies to alleviate persistent US trade deferences and confront what he calls an unfair trade and currency policies by other nations. He's focused on China, Canada, Mexico, directing those agencies to assess compliance with US Mexican Canadian Agreement and the twenty twenty trade deal with China. So compliance. I'm not sure about tariffs, no mention, and he did not sign any laws into or executive orders regarding tariffs. In an order ending DEI diversity equity inclusion programs, Trump ordered the Office of Management and Budget and Office Personnel Management to help agencies eliminate any programs that hire or promote people based upon characteristics like race or disability status. In his address, Trump said specifically, we will forge a society that is colorbind and merit based content of character, not color of Another. Order ended federal recognition of people's expressed gender ID identity, recognizing biological sex as defined by well, their reproductive's organs, and their I suppose chromosomal reality at birth. That would require government issue documents like passports and visas to identify sex rather than expressed gender. You will also direct agencies to ensure places, including prisons and migrant shelters, separate people by biological express sex, not express gender. Trump alsos signed orders establishing temporary regulatory and hiring freeze except in essential areas, and requiring federal employees to return to work in person. How about that you got to actually show up now from now on. Those Among the various executive orders, there are a slew of them. Got a whole list of them. You can easily find that online. But those are just the kind of the summaries of what was done yesterday. Hit the ground running and delivering on what he promised. That does not mean that we should have an imperial president. From my standpoint, I find the use of executive orders to be a little bit troubling. One they don't last. Next administration comes in, they can often unring the bell, as we noted, because it's going on literally right before our very eyes. Also, the pardons pardon versually all of virtually all the JA six defendants. So after talking yesterday, and I strongly encourage you to get over the podcast page fifty five Caresee dot com and listen to what Chris Bergard had to say about his new documentary, The War on Truth, all about the Jay six and the government's involvement in egging people on and sort of coordinating and in his words, summarizing them. Of course, he says, and the film demonstrates that the government was hoping that there would be at least one hundred dead Americans and blood in the hallways of the Capitol, so they could use that as an illustration of this attempted overthrow of the guy government, make it look like bloody carnage. And it was but for the actions of one law enforcement officer that may very well have happened. But with that in the background and sort of just taking him at his word on that the way the left, the Democrats harped on that, Oh my god, they tried to end democracy. Oh my god, they tried to take over the government.
Speaker 1: Oh my man.
Speaker 3: You know now, I'm still going with drunken fraternity party that got out of hand. If all the dead were actually in the hallways, their argument would sound at least a little more plausible. So maybe that's what they were going for, And since it didn't happen, they still went with the same narrative. Six eighteen Right now fifty five k se DE talk station, feel free to give me a call first of Foreign Exchange getting a Foreign Exchange. Thanks for the listener who called yesterday and said he'd been to Foreign Exchange and had a wonderful experience. That's exactly what I think you're going to get, and I'm confident you're get at the Westchester location Foreign Exchange. Take the twers and the legs off of I seventy five had east, just go to U Streets and hanging right on Kinglin. You'll be there and that's where the great crew at Foreign Exchange will service your traditionally imported cars that will be Asian or European manufactured cars and Tesla's ASC certified Master Technicians, factory trained. They have the experience of knowledge and the right equipment to service your European or Asian import car. They have access to the manufacturer's technical information. They do everything including software updates and programming. They do exotic cars, and they do my Honda CRV or now my son's son's Honda CRV one hundred and fifty thousand plus miles and still going strong thanks to the wonderful folks at Foreign Exchange. And the bottom line is your bottom line. They will not charge you as much as the dealer, so you're going to save money by going there. You'll get great customer service. They're like family out there. I've been going there for years and years. Call Austin the team. It's five one three six four four twenty six twenty six five one three six four four twenty six, twenty six. Online you'll find them at foreign X form the letter x dot com, fifty five car the talk station.
Speaker 1: Not thinking about Radio Channel nine.
Speaker 3: First morning weather forecast says, do you have that cold weather advisory remains ineffect until tomorrow morning.
Speaker 1: At ten am.
Speaker 3: Today, we'll see high fourteen, a few flurries out there, mostly cloudy skies, going down to a zero overnight with a windshow making it feel more like minus fifteen, clear skies, partly cloudy tomorrow going up to twenty three, down to sixteen overnight with clouds and cloudy early on Thursday, with clear skies later in the day. Thirty three the high Right now, it's eight degrees and time for a traffic up at chuck Ingram Friendly.
Speaker 1: You see how traffic center head, you see health.
Speaker 7: You'll find comprehensive care that's so personal it makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more. Had you see how dot Com Highway traffic in decent shape, no major time delays to deal with or problems for that matter. Had some issues earlier southbound seventy one in Blue Ash where the highway was shut down and fighter, but all wanes are open now. Chuck Ingram on fifty five KR seed the talk station.
Speaker 3: It's six twenty three fifty five KR CD talk station five one three seven fifty five hundred, eight hundred eighty two to three Taco with pound five fifty on eight and t phones, and another reminder of fifty five carsee dot com while you're over there, checking out Chris Burgard's podcast and getting the links to the War on Truth. It's a strongly recommend Also check out Christopher Smithavan smith event from Monday, really good one, and rumblings behind the scenes about the future of Christopher Smithman and his political uh aspirations. I think he's still viable, I really do. Maybe if he chooses to run as a Republican and the Republicans agree to endorse him upfront, we might have a responsible commissioner to deal with the issues that Jason william will be talking about. That stadium negotiation deals not going real well apparently, and Jason will be talking about that in a little more than an hour here in the fifty five carse Morning Show seven thirty for him after we talked to state Representative Mike Odeo, so brand new District thirty representative. And I know Mike and he'll do a great job for my friend's over in green Township. Was said, so out of time in the segments. I get that in and we'll be back at local stories to talk about her. Alternatively, your phone calls, which I would prefer feel free to go either way, but I hope you can stick around first though. Cullen Electric, my friend Andrew Cullen his great team of electricians. They do a wonderful job for all residential electric projects. That's why they enjoy an A plus with a better business bureau. You can call them and you have nothing to worry about. They I assure you customer service will be great. And if Lily comes by, Lily the Electrician, You're gonna love her. She's awesome, been with Cullen and the team there for I think a couple of decades. Real firecracker, I like to say, because she was the lead on our canonstallation projects. I think we hit about three electricians in the house. She just was great. Good morning, Lily if you're out there, But Andrew Cullen will take great care of you. I am sure he's been doing this since nineteen ninety nine, wonderful reputation. He is really proud of the work that he and his team does for the Greater Cincinnati home owners. So if you've got an electrical project, whether it's a just an outlet installation or rewiring your whole home, maybe getting a whole home generator wired up. Call them up. You'd be glad you did. Colin Electric five one three two two seven four one one two five one three two two seven four one one two Online you'll find him at Cullin c U L E. And Colin Electriccincinnati dot.
Speaker 13: Com, fifty five KRC dot com. Waking up on the right side. This is the Sean Hannity Morning Minute.
Speaker 1: On behalf of everyone here at this show.
Speaker 14: I can tell you we are very grateful for this day, as cold as it might be in the Capitol. I'm here till Wednesday. I can't tell you the reasons why, but I'm here till Wednesday. One of the reasons is we'll have a town hall with Mike Johnson and House Republicans on how they can stay on the same page, what their agenda needs to be to be successful.
Speaker 1: But it's a great day for the country. It really is.
Speaker 14: And the President's speech was phenomenal, phenomenal, hard hitting, a complete and utter one hundred and eighty degree shift and direction for the country, all for the better. And how anybody could be against it. I'm having a hard time understanding.
Speaker 13: From coast to coast, from sea to shining seas. It's a Sean Hannity Show.
Speaker 4: The election is officially over, but is your money still at risk? We still have a staggering thirty five trillion dollars in debt. Interest on this debt now costs more than our entire defense budget for the first time in history. On top of that, we're still feeling the consequences of the brutal inflation we saw under Biden and the global chaos ripping across the globe. That's why thousands of concerned Americans are turning to precious metals to help hedge against these threats, and they're reaching out to the top rated precious metals company, gold Co to make it happen. Gold Co has over six thousand five star reviews and has helped people just like you purchase over two and a half billion dollars in gold and silver. Right now, they're offering a free Golden se Silver kit to help you diversify your savings.
Speaker 1: Visit hannitygold dot.
Speaker 4: Com or call eight five five eight one five gold to get your copy free of charge. Plus, you could receive up to a ten percent instant match on bonus silver for qualified accounts. Visit Hannitygold dot com or call eight five five eight one five gold. That's Hannitygold dot com.
Speaker 3: Tver the Channel nine Weather Forecasts, Weather Advisor, Cold Weather Advisory and effect until ten o'clock tomorrow morning. Today's high fourteen with cloudy skies and a few flurries possible. Down to zero overnight with the wind will feel more like minus fifteen, so stay out of it. Tomorrow partly cloudy going up to twenty three thlotty overnight with the low of sixteen and clouds early on Thursday, with the clear skies later in the day. Thirty three is going to be the high end. Right now, it's eight degrees and it is time for a traffic update.
Speaker 1: Chuck from the UCL Traffic Center. You see health.
Speaker 7: You'll find comprehensive care that's so personal it and makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more. You'd see how dot com Highways for doing just fine this morning. No rex to deal with and I'm not seeing any delays at the moment. Not too far away from break lights those southbound two seventy five at the Carrol Cropper Bridge, shot King Braman fifty five kr C the Talk station.
Speaker 3: Fifty five KRCD Talks Station. Hope you're having a happy Tuesday. Good day to listen. Got a lot of folks lined up, including the Inside scoopin eighto five and Daniel Davis deep dive on the well, now that Trump's in charge, what's going to go on with it? Happened with the wars going raging in the world. Ah, without further deal, let's head he to the phones, cribbage, Mike, Welcome back to the Morning show. Always good to hear from you.
Speaker 15: Good morning, Brian, and it was a great day yesterday A not because initially our four year national nightmare is over, but my life and I got to watch all of the beautiful proceedings yesterday in front of our operational roaring fireplace.
Speaker 16: Eh.
Speaker 15: Thanks to you, sir.
Speaker 1: Time is everything? Next spot coming up?
Speaker 3: Of course you know Himny care fireplaces though, so have out it. Mike, This is great. What happened, Mike? Why were you having problems when you lit your fireplace up for the first time and for the year, well you know, you know smoke.
Speaker 15: Actually it was a good operational check of our smoke detectors after it was on for about a half an hour, and the fine technician, Shane came out and he was handed all tore apart and he goes, here's your issue. And my two year old great grandson had strategically placed some of his toys that looked like they were very charged, and we're clearly the source of the problem. And this is where I want to give you kudos, Brian Thomas, because you are the roof Lions of twenty twenty five and that, like her, you will not endorse a product that you haven't either tried yourself or feel very proud of putting your name on it.
Speaker 1: That is an absolute true company.
Speaker 15: And that technician yesterday, right off the bat, even with my fireplace totally disassembled, said you know, mister Wilbur, if you I could put this all back together and we could just call it today. And I said no, I said, Jane, it's been eighteen years. I think that needs some servicing as well, you know. And that's where I can't thank you enough, because in the service industry, you can't believe those online reviews, and a lot of times if you know a friend, a coworker, or somewhere from church, oh yeah, you need a deck done. Here go this person, right, I can vouch it, and I have no doubt that every person that you put your name against will have an experience like I had yesterday.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm so happy that you, you know, did support the sponsor and that your experience was a good one. But you're accurate. I have to have a tremendously high level of confidence if I'm going to put my name attached to something. Because I am recommending people in my listening audience. I consider friends even if I haven't met you, and shake your hand if you're listening to the program, I consider you a dear friend of mine, and I listen. You got to pass the would you refer them to my mom test? That's a high bar right there. And of course, sir, they have been to my mom's the Jimney Care fireplace and stuff. Sadly, she got bad news. They're the unit that she has in has some problems and they cannot be solved at all. They should never should have had that unit installed in her condo in the first place. But you know, you take the news as you get it. But yeah, I do truly appreciate your You're relying on them and supporting them as a sponsor.
Speaker 15: And I'm glad you even he said yesterday, he said, being that an eighteen year old unit, he said, this one's totally functional. You have nothing to worry about. But he said, I could see just like you talk with the roofing company, you know what the gypsies have come through. Yeah, he said, I could see somebody looking in there that you didn't know from Boo and saying, yeah, oh yeah, this is an old unit. I couldn't get parts board. You know, your Homo flag's gone, so you know you're you're looking ten twelve grand to put in a new unit.
Speaker 3: YEP, that's the old HVAC heat exchange is broken.
Speaker 1: Oh you got to get a new unit. And quite often they'll just say.
Speaker 3: That and you're like, uh, oh okay, but there are some unscrupulous HVAC guys out there that just you'll make that claim and then you end up having to get a brand new unit when you really might not have needed one.
Speaker 15: So and another good thing for Shane, and I know he's a happy man, is morning he showed up probably wearing his Ohio State Buckeye sweatshirts. So thank you Shane and I'm glad your Buckey's won last night.
Speaker 3: Indeed, Mike, you're You're the best brother. Thanks as always for your service to our country. My friend. Let's see George is on the line. George, thanks for calling this morning. I hope you're having a happy Tuesday.
Speaker 17: It's good day and paradise, yes, sir on the blanket Bartens. I wonder if since these people made all their money and illegal activities, even though they haven't been convicted of a crime, would civil asset forfeiture be away to go after him?
Speaker 3: Well, no, because you only civil asset forfiture only arises in the case of criminal conduct, and if they have been freed of any criminal liability, there's no basis for forfeiture.
Speaker 17: So well they do it in the airport.
Speaker 3: You mean, like when you try to bring a firearm onto an airplane or something like that.
Speaker 9: I think no, I mean when you carry cash.
Speaker 3: Oh oh oh, Well, you know there are other different there are different rules and laws applying to different things. I think if you're carrying cash, that only rises to a level of suspicion for criminal activity. I don't think that that necessarily enables law enforcement to just summarily take it from you. So I don't know if there are rules about carrying certain amounts of cash an x amount that it is immediately unlawful to do that. But you're going to have to have due process. Anytime you're liberating someone's property from them. You got to go through a criminal process or an actual hearing, so you can defend yourself and offer reasons and explanations as to why you are lawfully carrying currency, for example. But I don't think going after assets that may have been derived from criminal activity is possible now that the pardon's in place. So I guess those assets, even as crazy of places as they came from, like the Chinese Communist Party or the Russians or the Ukrainians, if they did it during the period of time subject to the part and then I think the Biden family gets to keep all that money. Six point thirty five. Feel free to call Oh, look, Chimney Care, Fireplace and stove. Just listen to what Mike had to say. Tell you that wasn't a ringing endorsement. I don't know what else is, but they will take great care of you. Customer service is outstanding. It's all about your safety. So you can enjoy the comfort of that beautiful fire roaring. Whether it's a gas fireplace like Mike Scott or a wood burning fireplace, make sure you're safe. Carbon monoxide can be a problem, and I always recommend getting a carbon monoxide detector. Just run out and get one if you do not have one. They're inexpensive life savers, truly life savers. But that's one of the reasons why you want your chimney inspected. And they will sweep it if it needs sweeping. They can do cap and damper replacement, tuck pointing, relining. If your lighting has been cracked like from a prior fire, you may have water damage that you don't even know about. That's why you need to keep ahead and keep your chimney safe with the experts from Chimneycare Fireplaces though, and yes, you will get great customer service. Maybe Shame will come over to your place to call them to schedule the inspection. It's five one, three, two, four eight ninety six hundre. Why don't you have him cleaned out your dry event while they're over there checking out your fireplace, or you can call them just for that reason. That clogged drive event's costing you money. It takes a lot longer to dry your clothes, and it also represents a bit of a fire hazard, so don't let that get getting your way. Chimneycare Co dot Com is where you find them online. Chimneycareco dot com A plus with a BBB five one three two four eight ninety six hundred. That's five one three two four eight ninety six hundred.
Speaker 6: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 3: Thanks sure, here's your Channel nine weather forecast. The cold roather advisory remains ineffect until tomorrow at ten o'clock in the morning because today's high as it's going to be fourteen degrees, a few flurries are possible overnight very cold zero degrees real degrees and a minus fifteen wind chill field Tomorrow high twenty three with partly cloudy skies, overnight clouds and sixteen degrees that will go up to thirty three on Thursday. Will start out cloudy, will end up clear eight degrees. Right now, it's time for a traffic update.
Speaker 9: You see up.
Speaker 1: Traffic center, you see health.
Speaker 7: You'll find comprehensive care that's so personal it makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more at you sehealth dot com. Highway traffic quiet for your Tuesday morning commute. No accidents to deal with right now. I'm not seeing any major time delays at all. Northbound seventy five included one hundred ten minutes between Florence and downtown and Bend. Seventy four is wide open at col rang Chuck Ingram on fifty five KR see the talk.
Speaker 3: Station SAT forty eight fifty five KR see talk station. Anybody else feel like a weight's been lifted?
Speaker 1: I sure do.
Speaker 3: Let's take some phone calls in the order which they receive. Bill, hang on, because I got Richard on the phone. Richard, welcome to the show. Thanks for calling this morning.
Speaker 18: Hey, Brian, I got two things for you. Just said a weight has been lifted. It's amazing how many people yesterday were talking about Trump because they're not a freak to mention anything any longer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean from the day after the election, because I mean he won the popular vote. That blew the minds of the Democrats and the people that were going to come out in protest. Streaming about the electoral college needs to be repealed. We need to amend the constitution. You know, it was just they were waiting for it. And when he won the popular vote by that many millions of votes, they're just bubble got completely burst. That was all the Trump supporters behind the scenes that during polling, when they were asked, they just basically told polsters to go to hell. You don't get to know my opinion on anybody and hung up. That happened all the time. I heard folks talking about the other day. Polsters were saying that that's why your polling was so inaccurate. And it gave Kamala Harris at least a glimmer of hope that you actually could survive that challenge. But no, it was a weight lifted from that moment forward. And of course you felt it yesterday like times ten.
Speaker 18: Oh yeah, yeah. And one other thing I wanted to do. I wanted to give a shout out to Cripig Mike. I didn't realize it, but my wife has a small business over an a million, and I was listening. I was upstairs listening to what she was talking about. Uh, and she had sowed a few patches onto one of his bags, and as he was leaving, I realized, wait, a second. That's great, Big Mike. So I wanted to give a shout out to him for supporting my wife's small business. And can I mention the name?
Speaker 1: I don't care, Go ahead, Yeah, it's.
Speaker 18: A soul fire Craft in a milia.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 18: He takes blue jeans and recycles them into like purses and bags and drugs and things like that.
Speaker 1: Oh cool.
Speaker 18: But she also does like all sorts of embroidery and and sewing and.
Speaker 8: Stuff like that.
Speaker 18: So he's not by and he lives over in that area and had her so a couple of Navy patches onto one of his backs.
Speaker 1: No fantastic.
Speaker 18: And I've met him a few times at the polling boots and stuff like that. But I just wanted to give a hearty shout out to him.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 18: You know, he just got a fire place replaced, which I do as well. I just cut my doors and windows of places.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 18: But I just wanted to give a shout out to him and thank him for supporting my wife's business.
Speaker 3: So Firecraft, support your small businesses. We're all big, one big family. And on the Morning show, it's a wonderful thing. And I'm sure Mike was listening. Uh, and got your shout out live there. I appreciate that, my friend. Let's see what Bill's got this morning. Bill, thanks for calling the Morning Show and a happy Tuesday to you.
Speaker 19: Hey, good morning bro.
Speaker 1: How you doing doing really well?
Speaker 19: Already started, man, I heard it this morning. Now what Paul, He's going to round him up? And uh now they're had this one lady on air already cry. And now they're going to have the little kids with a little running nose and the teams, the teenage pregnant girls being looking in, you know, through defense, and uh then it's going to be they're going to try to pull out, uh are so heartstrings because we end up being somehow the bad guys that want to clean up the Democrats mess.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you know.
Speaker 19: What I mean.
Speaker 1: I've been waiting listen.
Speaker 3: I've been waiting for it since Trump said he was going to engage in deportations. I fully expect from this point forward you're going to have major, large protests of immigrants and supporters of immigrants, legal or otherwise. And I don't mind legal immigrations wondering. I mean, our country is a great draw given the freedoms that we enjoy that no other country in the world enjoys. That's the magnet we get the benefit of for the globe's best and brightest folks, and I encourage them to pursue legal immigration path. We will welcome you with open arms. But insofar as illegal immigration is concerned, we've all seen the chaos that it is unleashed on. You know, some pretty substantial cities, but all across America. When you have a city of you know, three thousand people and you throw an additional two thousand people into it, you can see the problems away ahead of time, and then they've manifested themselves, so something has to be done about it. Our immigration laws are there for a reason. It allows us to manage the population so we don't get faced with these insurmountable hurdles. The social welfare system cannot handle it.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 3: There weren't enough FEMA dollars to deal with our own American citizenry in North Carolina and other places impacted by a hurricane. A lot of that money spent on the illegal immigrant problem that we're facing.
Speaker 19: So yeah, Brian, Brian, the thing is it's common people deal with out there. Deal where it's coming. It's gonna make they're going to make us.
Speaker 9: Look like the bad guys.
Speaker 19: Of course, they're want to created.
Speaker 3: The problem absolutely encouraging people to travel thousands of miles to come into the country illegally and hook themselves up to the umbilical court of government. Yeah it's their fault. I understand that. And yeah, you're gonna get overwhelmed with sob stories. It's going to be twenty four to seven from this point forward. You could see it coming. Just cope and deal with it. Appreciate it, Bill, have a wonderful day. Five one, three, seven, four, nine, fifty five hundred hundred two to three talk and a word.
Speaker 1: Four.
Speaker 3: Zimmer Heating and Cooling over seventy five years of service, third generation family in and operated. The Zimmer family has been doing great, great great by way of their customers for more than seventy five years. Their license and insured in Ohio and Kentucky. Factory trained technicians, they can handle any h VAC problem you throw at them. Then an outstanding reputation. They are an authorized carrier dealer as well as a Mitsubishi Elite Diamond dealer, a repair though all makes and models, so you can confidently call the folks at Zimmer to handle any issues you have, like for example, with your HVAC system, especially heating during these frigid, frigid temperatures they even have after our service. It's easy to schedule an appointment. Schedule online. Just go to go Zimmer dot com. That's go Zimmer dot com. If you prefer to call, tell Chris Zimmer I said hi, and you give them a shout at five one three, five to two one ninety eight ninety three five one three, five to two one ninety eight ninety three, or again go Zimmer dot com.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC the talk station. The president ends the.
Speaker 3: Jennen I says cold Rotherbiser remains in effected so tomorrow morning ten am. Today high have fourteen with a few flurries possible under mostly cloudy skies, very cold overy night down to zero, feeling more like minus fifteen of the windshill. Skies will be clear partly cloudy tomorrow with the high of twenty three overnight mostly clouds, dry sixteen degrees and on Thursday clouds early clear skies later thirty three for the high right now eight degrees. Let's get a traffic cup peak.
Speaker 7: You see how traffic Center and you see healthy, You'll find comprehensive care that's so personal it makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more at you seehealth dot com. Highway traffic quiet for your Tuesday morning commute. No accidents to deal with right now. I'm not seeing any major time to lays at all. Northbound seventy five included one hundred ten minutes between Florence and downtown in Bend. Seventy four's wide open at Cole Rang Chuck Ingram on fifty five KR seat.
Speaker 1: The talk station.
Speaker 3: Hit is six fifty to fifty fout car seed. He talks station happy Tuesday Am, and he feeling his old weight has been lifted. So h Donald Trump obviously hitting the ground running with all those executive orders he signed, and he signed a lot of them to roaring, cheering crowds, egging them on appreciate what he had to say. Although they took me, It really took me by surprise that I shouldn't have. But his he was just really without you know, cursing or using foul language or being overly rude. He just ripped Biden and the Biden administration in the last four years and af during his speech after he was sworn in with as I mentioned earlier, obviously Joe Biden and Doctor Biden sitting next to him, and Kamala Harris over his left shoulder there they did not look happy at all. And real quick, I don't often do this, I rarely do it at all, but a special shout out and thank you, proving that I did indeed marry way out of my league, I'll kick my coverage. Thank you, special thank you to my wife for two specific things. And I have multitude of reasons to thank her, but I married a woman has such practical skills. I mean she does everything, including sewing and my lining. And my winter coat was ripped up, so every time I put my arm down the sleeve it would end up going behind the lining. It was obviously just frustrating. But she replaced the whining in my jacket and she just sat down the other night with her needle and thread and hand sowed it. And it's just little things like that. It just makes me feel so good about my wife. So, honey, thank you so much for that and another thing that she has been doing. And if you're looking for something, you know rewarding to do by way of a hobby. Homemade bread. Oh, she's got that down to a science.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 3: We've been eating nothing but homemade bread now for about six weeks or so. Don't even buy bread when we go to the store. She's got a sour dough starter mix. Amazing, absolutely amazing. And spite the fact that I'm trying to do the best to keep as many carbs out of my diet as possible, it is literally impossible. When the smell of warm bread comes out and you got the butter sitting right there, and oh my god, really crusty on the outside. Amazing bread. So thank you, honey for taking such great care of me. I truly appreciate you and everything you do. And and hell, what a great job you did raising the kids. Uh, in terms of pardons, moving back to things that you care about. In addition to partning his family and doctor Fauci and Adam Schiff, among others, Joe Biden granted clemency to Native American activist Leonard I think it's Peltier, but it's pelt I e r so Pelter or Peltier. He was convicted of killing two FBI agents. Now They've been an Amnesty International out there and other groups claiming that he's his trial was a travesty of justice. It's been in prison for a really long time. Convicted in nineteen seventy five of killing two FBI agents on his property.
Speaker 1: The FBI not happy about it.
Speaker 3: They called the former president's commutation of his sentence disgraceful. Quote this last second disgraceful act by then President Biden, which does not change Peltier's guilt but does release him from prison, is cowardly and lacks accountability. It is a cruel betrayal to the families and colleagues of these fallen agents, and is a slap in the face of law enforcement agents. Collier Williams gave their lives in service to this nation. Their families continue to bear the heavy burden of that sacrifice. The loss of these heroes is felt as deeply today within the FBI family as it was in nineteen seventy five. They also point out that he never expressed remorse for his actions, that he should be granted no mercy or clemency, So you can add that to the list of reasons why Biden failed president.
Speaker 1: That is really.
Speaker 3: A murderer, a convicted murderer, and I noted the UPI's reporting on this convicted murderer, right, he has been in prison longest serving political prisoners the way they characterize it. And of course after this is a quote from the UPI Seborney after he was convicted in nineteen seventy five of allegedly killing two FBI agents. You see, when someone's been convicted of something like that, the word allegedly is not supposed to be in there anymore. Convicted six to fifty five, fifty five KR's of the talk station. We're gonna hear from Mike Odio. So he is the new state representative for District thirty. My friends in Green Township did the right thing by electing Mike. He's going to join the program and talk about what's on the agenda in Columbus and what he's plans on focusing on. After the top of the hour, news followed by Jason Williams, a sports writer for the sins I Enquirer formerly Politics Extra, joining the two topics together to talk about the stadium deal. Jason at seven thirty, I hope you can stick around a.
Speaker 1: Full rundown and the biggest ten lines. There's minutes away at the top of the hour. I'm giving you a fact.
Speaker 20: Now the Americans should though fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 1: This report is sponsored.
Speaker 13: Start to finish, We'll be okay here twenty twenty five, here right here on fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 1: Soto six, the fifty five their ce DE Talk station.
Speaker 3: A very happy Tuesday, Tu, Welcome to the fifty five KRC Morning Show. And congratulations the voters in Green Township District thirty voters for doing the right thing electing my next guest state representative. And it's nice to be able to say that, Mike Odeo. So, Mike, welcome to the morning show. It's a real pleasure to have you on my friend.
Speaker 12: Hey, thanks a lot, Brian, I really appreciate it. This is a great opportunity. I'm glad you reached out to me and shout out to my friends and voters in the thirtieth district, which is Green Township, Dell Hi Township, also Miami Township, North Bend, Cleaves, and the wonderful municipality of Shiviot.
Speaker 3: Heck yeah, Wes Sae. I love it because of course I grew up in Dell High. Yes, man, I guess it all day long, and I've you know, you've been with some listener lunches before, and you know, I'm just surprised it took you so long to run for office, Mike, because everybody on the West Side knows how politically engaged you are and how active you are and doing your volunteer work, and I mean, this just seems like the perfect fit for you.
Speaker 8: Well.
Speaker 12: I had a wonderful career at Saint Xavier High School. I'll tell you just if you count a part time my first year, I had thirty years out there, most as a teacher, so as an administrator, I was in an ideal situation. And I had to make sure that I stuck around long enough for my son to get free tuition when he graduated in twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: I get that all day long.
Speaker 12: That's seventeen thousand reasons to stick around, amen, brother h But the really I really started thinking about the state reposition when I was lobbying on behalf of the Development and Disabled in twenty fourteen or so, and now Senator Romachuck Mark Romachuk suggested that I run for State rep. And then when I was I was helping Bill Sites, the honorable Bill Sites, legendary legislator, put up signs in Green Township. Is when he asked me if I wanted to be State rep. And that was in about twenty eighteen. I believe so, and of course I was in no way going to challenge and would never do it Bill Sites, of course, And I was thinking about this the other day. I think Bill Sites is probably the person that I voted for the most times in my life, given a twenty four years in the state legislature and before that as Green Township trustee. So anyway, I know it was a great honor to be able to follow Bill in this wonderful seat and represent the people in the thirtieth District and my beloved Green Township, del High, Miami Township and the rest of this pies because for most of my life, which includes basically after moving from Summit, New Jersey when I was six years old with my mom and dad, I've lived in Green Township ever since. And so yes, I am a west Sider, although I was born on the East side.
Speaker 3: Well, you made the right choice, or your parents made the right choice moving over the west side. But I do remember the commute from from del Hi O to Saint Xavier High School because I swam on the Marlins and keating that datorium. And so when I asked, when I asked my dad what my options for for high school, because I said I wanted to go to Elder Sorry, he went to Elder. You got He said, you got two choices, Oak Kills or Xavier. And since I've been going to Xavier every day of my life for the prior three years, I'm like, I'm not doing that commute for the next three more years. So ok Kills is what I chose, and I don't regret it. But you're a Saint Xavier grad yourself, and you also have are a double bear cat like me, University of Cincinnati history degree, fall by law degrees. So that's kind of the path I took and right well served by the University of Cincinnati's education. So I have no complaints.
Speaker 12: Absolutely yeah me either.
Speaker 5: Absolutely great.
Speaker 12: It was a great It was a great value going to UC and both undergrad and graduate school. And then I also got a Master's of Education from Mount Saint.
Speaker 16: Joe, which right I absolutely loved.
Speaker 12: So that that and of course my my journey into from practice in law to you know, becoming a teacher at Saint Javior High School ran through Mount Saint Joe, So shout out to Mount Saint Joe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and what a perfect fit.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 3: I don't know how you felt about law school. I'm fortunate enough to have met my wife in law school, which is enough reason for me to have a happy experience with it. But I loved law school because of the Socratic method and the exchange that you would have and the the back and forth, open discussion, and that just doesn't seem to exist anymore. And the reason I point that out because again, being an educator at Saying Savior High School, you taught government economics, modern world history, US history, world cultures, in American Civil War. That's an environment that is open to that type of teaching methodology. Were you able to do that? And I'm thinking of in modern times when we have such divided politics and such you know, thin skin sensitive people who can't face criticism or you know, but the the the the idea that you intended to insult somebody, like microaggressions, you have to deal with that stuff. Was that did that exist during your period over the course of your teaching and Xavier High School or did there remain a really open environment for for learning and and and and teaching logic and reason and critical thinking skills.
Speaker 12: If if that had become the case, I would have left. Oh good, I I really I'm at the point at some point my adultthood, I just decided that I wanted to be around positive people. I wanted to be around open thinkers, and I certainly was not going to teach anything other than that when it came to my students. So no, but Saint Xavier always was and still is just a wonderful place. It's the closest you can get to having a college or what used to be. I guess when we were going through college college experience on a high school level, and of course with the Jesuit mission, the Catholic Church's mission, I felt completely at ease and I thrived there, And a big shout out to everyone in Sant X's High School, the social studies department, the administration, and my fellow faculty members and the staff out there are just incredible. So I was, and of course the facilities, I could football for sixteen years. That was a wonderful experience. And I was also a mock trial moderator for two years. The first year we finished runner up in the state on mock trial, and then my second year we got a state championship in mock trial, which I asked for a ring, but that that wasn't for forthcoming.
Speaker 9: They deserve it.
Speaker 11: Go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, those those mock trials are a great time and a great learning opportunity for young people. You know, get out there and make arguments and you know, just stand on your own abilities. And I've also judged some of those over the years.
Speaker 12: Well that's great, and so you know exactly what that mental abstract thinking ping pong, yeah is And and but you know, the the thing is is that all these experiences, you know, for the students and extracurriculars, different clubs, the band and other things are just vitally important to being a successful adult and really grasping some kind of some more serenity out of life.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 12: And so but the abstract thinking skills was something that was very very cognitive of and was a major objective of all my classes. Good as is complete alignment with the Jesuit Educational Mission and anything we can do to assist, you know, the public schools and all students in Ohio to practice abstract thinking skills to break them out of concrete thinking is vitally important, especially as we head into a hyper age of technology and communication.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's I'm glad you brought that last point up, because you know, I struggle with how young people are going to get well be able to cope with life's challenges as they go through because it's the default now if you're asked a question is just immediately to do a search on your search engine on your phone. You're not sort of thinking about it and talking about subject and just it's just so easy. And I would think that your retention, your your your ability to retain any information, and some of it's very important, is probably limited by the ease that you can go out into the world and and and get the answers to questions. It's like the old days. You used to have to do mathematics on your own. You had to learn multiplication tables, and you had to do the what was behind the answer? Now everybody's toting around a calculator and just do and it's done. Do you know what's behind the ultimate? You know? You know equation? Can you actually perform that calculation on your own without a calculator, and I think that's the part that's missing these days.
Speaker 12: Well, I agree with you. And the other thing that is in tandem with it is a culture of isolation. Yeah, and so a failure to apply all these different fields of knowledge, uh and emotion appropriately of course with the world around them. Is you know this, this being tied to your phone culture, it just leads to a culture of isolation. And with isolation you end up with sadness, you end up with narrow thinking, you end up with the inability to listen, and and really you end up on a path that I'm not saying they're not happy, but less levels of happiness and fulfillment in life.
Speaker 8: That's what I think.
Speaker 3: I think that's an accurate observation. Now we'll pause. We'll bring my Codeo so back representing District thirty to see if he's going to bring those things to legislation. Is he going to make education reform or what else. We're going to find out what he is going to be focusing on in his electric capacity more with my codioso. After I mentioned my dear friends at Fastened pro Roofing since nineteen ninety nine, Ray and Amanda. They know what they're doing over there, well oiled roofing machine. They have the finest craftsmen working for them. Trust me, you can trust Fastened pro They'll never ever ever steer you the wrong direction. This is what happens with other roofing companies. They're more than happy to liberate money from your pocket and do work that really doesn't even need to be done. If your roof doesn't need to be replaced. They're going to tell you nothing wrong up there. No need to worry. You've got a number X number of years left roughly absent, you know, hail damage or some other uh you know, weather related mishap, something like that. But they're gonna be honest, So trust the honest professionals. It's a free roof inspection. Hem go top to bottom on that roof and come down off the roof and either give you great news, nothing wrong, or give you a quote which would be a fair quote for excellent work, whether it's residential, commercial roofing, any type of roof. They do it, and I encourage you to check out their website. Fasten fast E n fastenproroofing dot com. Get a load of that beautiful copperwork, the gutter guards, the gutters they do box gutters, included skylights, exterior projects like railing and sighting. So trust the professionals at fast and Pro. I assure you you will be more than pleased with the work they do for you. They enjoy an A plus with a better business fear. The number to call five one three seven seven four ninety four ninety five five one three seven seven four ninety four ninety five online again at fastenproroofing dot com.
Speaker 6: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 1: Today gener nine weather advisory.
Speaker 3: We have our weather advisories out there, the cold weather advisory till ten o'clock tomorrow morning. Anyway, the weather report says high a fourteen today with a few floories possible, mostly cloudy overnight clearing up, but we'll go down to zero degrees and we'll feel more like minus fifteen with the wind. Stay out of it. Twenty three to the high tomorrow with partly cloudy, size skys overnight, dry sixteen with clouds and clouds early Thursday, with clear skies later in the day. High thirty three right now, nine degrees. Let's hear about traffic conditions Chuck from.
Speaker 7: The UCL Traffic Center and you see healthy. You'll find comprehensive care that's so personal it and makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes, expect more. And you see how dot com north beound seventy five beginning to slow between Buttermilk and Kyle's Southbound two seventy five is the heaviest of the highway traffic with break lights from the Lawrence Park ramp onto the Carrol Cropper Bridge.
Speaker 1: Chuck Ingram on five KRS the talk station.
Speaker 3: Seven twenty fifty five Krcity talk station, Happy Tuesday, bottom of the hour. We're here from Jason Williams from the Cincinnion Choir on the problems going on between the county and the Bengals in terms of the least negotiations. The meantime, though, Mike Odeo SOO now representing District thirty here in the state of Ohio. I presume Mike, you're planning on hitting the ground running with this new gig. Is are talking about all your background and education, and what an amazing background it is. Do you plan on bringing some of that education experience that maybe brings some reform to the state of Ohio, either by way of house schools are funded or perhaps the curriculum. Do you have any ideas along those lines.
Speaker 12: Mike, Well, it's a work in progress. First of all, I've been in conversations with our wonderful school districts, for example Oak Hill School District and the Three River School District. I need to do more interaction and learn more about the Cincinnati Public School District, but I do have the idea first, you know, I do want to make sure that people understand I do support the public schools. I support the public school students obviously, though that there needs to be some changes. I think that I'm going to be looking very carefully at the curriculum as it relates to my position as vice chair of Education Committee in the State House. The issue is also segues with the property tax issue, which of course, which of course is also a major part of education. In terms of the funding formula and tweaks to it, I don't think the answer is throwing more money at them, but we of course have to stick in some ways to the funding formula because, of course, the original funding formula was considered unconstitutional by the Ohio State Supreme Court.
Speaker 1: Yeah, going on like thirty years ago.
Speaker 12: That's right, correct, But you know, I think that there's the issue I see is it's on the record going to support the public schools and work with them. The main complaint I hear from the public school sector is the complaint about a lack of accountability for the voucher program expansion. And when I listen to their complaint that they say that, you know, these funds aren't regulated to the same extent, of course as public funds for the public schools. When I really think about it, it really comes down to an argument that they're making that it's just not fair. I look at the benefits of having less regulation for the school funds to go to the private schools, and what I really do recognize as a teacher at a private school for thirty years is that the accountability the private schools get is from the people that pay their tuition yep. And also the other accountability is the alumni of these private schools. So rather than taking away one of the great benefits of private schools, which is less regulation as it relates to spending, I would be more interested at this point to engage with the public school sector and say what regulations can we remove from the educational structure they would actually make their lives easier, make their in terms of consuming time for administration.
Speaker 1: I would look at the.
Speaker 12: Testing battery to see if we can remove some of the tests they have to give to their students. I look at bus transportation, and with the funding formula, I would consider the funds they receive, for example, for their operating expenditures, to give them some leeway to be able to spend those moneys on maintenance and perhaps some small capital programs within their districts. But you know, the bottom line is that there's a whole other level of education in Ohio. I was on the board of three charter schools. I think the charter school pro system is a good system. I also think that the you know, homeschooling system is a good system.
Speaker 8: I would like to see if they could.
Speaker 12: If the homeschools could further expand their their regular school time activities and perhaps in their churches, But I don't. I think the model that I like the most right now for creativity, because I think we have to be creative in education is the model used by the classical academy and reading amen I mean that that turned out to be. I was approached by them, and I engaged with them at the very beginning before they were open with their their their leader, micros and others, and so I got to see that the creation of that and that's that's essentially a charter school. So I think it's been a huge success. I am partial to its background with the Hillsdale College system and method of education, and the more I look into that, the more I find out to be absolutely fascinating how they have like a metaphysical approach and classical approach to education, which does all the things that we were talking about earlier when it comes to abstract thinking for example, and working in groups and teamwork, and those are the things we did at since Zavier High School. But I just think that that's a model that, you know, what can we do to assist and it doesn't have to be you know, a particular political background when it comes to these things. I mean, I'm open to other approaches to besides you know, Hillsdale, but it still has to in the end be very good education. And the other thing I was wondering about is, you know, the Constitution says that there's a separation of church and state, which I respect, but is it in the constitution they have a separation of school and the spirit, because I look at education as being completely aligned with the soul and the growth of the soul, and I could see activities that in curriculum that would not violate church and state separations, which I respect, but at least the behaviors that come with getting a better understanding of what we call our soul and our places universe.
Speaker 15: So those are kind.
Speaker 12: Of like the heavy thinking things. Really, what I'm going to be looking for is the gifts of the Holy Spirit and education, and that would apply it also to public education.
Speaker 3: Fair enough, my codeos. So I know you and I at least I hope you and I have further conversations down the road as you establish your place and represent District thirty over in on the west side of Cincinnati. I'm certain you're going to do an outstanding job, and obviously you have a great deal of concern and compassion for students and education, which of course is a welcome, welcome thing, especially when being a position to change things.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it also extends to other things involving young people, and I'm going to be looking in with my colleagues about how can we help the young people out there who I still have a connection with. Of course, having I've taught high schoolers over thirty years, we really have to figure out a way to get them the ability to buy their first home or to at least live in apartments with reasonable rent. I understand that these go into free market principles, but let's just talk about buying your first home, getting something of the life that you and I really were blessed to have lived having been born in the sixties. Yea, And again, I really want to make sure the young people out there know that I'm in their corner.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm sure they're well feeling coomfortable with that one. Mike Odioso, I appreciate your being on the morning show today talking with my listeners and me, and we'll have you on again down the road. And anything happens in Columbus, we need to know about legislative items, agenda anything. You've got an open spot here on the fifty five Kesey Morning should to talk about it.
Speaker 12: I will, especially since some also on the Energy Committee.
Speaker 1: Oh wonderful that will be.
Speaker 12: That will be something I'm sure that will be filled with all sorts of interesting issues and discussion. Hey, Brian and jenf thanks for asking me.
Speaker 3: To get on.
Speaker 12: I look forward to being on again. And a shout out to the voters in the thirtieth district and a shout out to my wife, Leslie odioso.
Speaker 3: Smart move on that last one, my friend, out of your element just like me, married, smart smart men do that. Mike, we'll talk again real soon. Take care of yourself and best of luck in the position coming up. Jason Williams in the sense I Inquire Sports Writer. He's going to merge his political writings from the former Politics Extra segment along with his sports writing. We'll talk about the stadium lease deal with Jason Williams. That'll be next first though, Cover Sincy for better medical coverage for dollar one coverage for less money. That's the whole motivation for you needing to call or should call John Roman and the team of Cover. Sincey it doesn't obligate you to do anything. You don't have to pay for the service they will provide you, and what a valuable service it is. They will take an in depth, detailed look at where you are currently with medical coverage. Maybe you don't even have any If you don't have medical coverage, this is the perfect time. It's a call cover Sincy because what they do is work with a couple of one hundred different insurance companies and have access to thousands of different insurance policies, which allows them to custom tailor a package of insurance to provide that dollar one coverage. It's a brand new year. Maybe you got that nine thousand plus dollar liability out of pocket. It's not too late to get in touch with the folks that cover since He because they may be able to save you between thirty and sixty percent. Small businesses absolutely get in touch with them, especially if you're a business that cannot, at least you think you can't afford to provide some help with medical coverage for your employees. Trust me, they cannot only improve your bottom line. They can help you with employee retention because your employees will be happy. Just ask my friend Jeff about that. He saved tens of thousands of dollars off his business's bottom line and his employees are really really happy with their coverage. Now better coverage for less money. It sounds impossible to leave, but the folks that cover since You are working for you, not the insurance companies. They have an obligation to you which puts them in a unique position, and they're doing what nobody else is doing. So call them five one three eight hundred calls the number five one three eight hundred two two five five, or alternatively, fill out the form online at coversinc dot com. They'll get right back with you. Cover Sincy dot com.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC A Minute of Hope is.
Speaker 3: His Bryan Thomas happy to welcome back to the fifty five Krsey Morning Show. I gotta be honest, it's been too long. You know him if you read the Inquiry. He's a sports writer for the Cincinni Inquirer, but he also used to be the writer of Politics Extra. Jason Williams and I miss your Politics Extra days. Jason. I thought you did a great job covering local politics, but this morning we get to kind of merge your two passions politics and sports. What's going on with Hamilton County and the Cincinnati Bengals, which I understand are accusing each other of violating the terms of the lease agreement for pay Course Stadium.
Speaker 16: You know you've mentioned politics and thanks for having me on the kind where it's always great to be on with. You love the fifty five KRC listner's the there are more loyal audience in all of media local media than the fifty five k RC audience.
Speaker 3: I got the best in the business. I am blessed, my friend. Thank you for acknowledging my awesome listeners.
Speaker 17: I'm not I am not, I am not saying.
Speaker 16: I remember Tony Bender telling me that early on, and uh kind of, I'm you know, I do a little fill in down the hallway there at seven hundred and I remember him telling me that you know there you won't find a more loyal listener. And then you know you and I have done those did those segments every Friday when I was covering politics, and the amount of feedback I would get to my inquiry email every week from listeners was it just blew me away. And so I always appreciate being on your show. I'll tell you, like, yeah, right, it's right. It's uh that nexus of sports and politics meet right at the Bengals stadium issue and yeah, the story broke. I believe it was a business curer that broke the story about they got some public records emails on Friday between the County and the and the Bengals, and just the contentiousness of the back and forth of you know, what's going on on the stadium issue, and one accusing the other of not upholding their end of the deal on on the lease, and it's it's it's kind of in the weeds. But really the bigger picture is that we're off to a very contentious start, I think in terms of this the future of the Bengals, you know, on the lease and the County and the Bengals and the Bengals you know, doing a new lease with the county or extending their lease with the county, and the ultimate takeaway from it, Brian is no big surprise there.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, I understand, Yeah, I know, I understand that. And obviously, you know, the the voters are a little disappointed since the you know, the half of the deal that we were going to have our taxes ultimately lowered, it really never came to fruition. They got their stadium and now they are have built into that one sided agreement, which I think everybody who has looked at that agreement realizes how one side it is. Of course, that side of nears to the Bengals benefit. We've got all these obligations for upgrades and improvements and what the what was it two hundred and fifty million dollars? Have I got that figure right that the Bengals had on their wish list for improvements including brand new buildings for the administrative staff.
Speaker 16: Yeah, it was right around three hundred Yeah, three hundred million. And and then in one of these emails, it was it indicated like that potentially in these emails, and because the county likes to take its time in releasing public records, we're talking about emails from last July at August, so you know, some things have happened since then. It seems like generally things are on track or you know, some of those improvements to continue on that last May, the Bengals announced they're gonna pour one hundred and twenty million dollars into the stadium. Uh. And so it's a little confusing then on the timing of and that those emails came out what a couple of months later that indicated that maybe the Bengals aren't going to do that. But then every everything since in terms of just what reporters have have found out, and you know, what some county officials have said that some things are on track, like the county, uh you know the county, Well this was I guess apparently this would have been approved around this time last year. It seems crazy to think, uh, you know that the Bengals did they did new club seats for this season, and you know that was about thirty nine million, I believe, And there's all kinds of million this, a million that, and a hundred here and forty million there, and so it gets it gets a little confusing. But you know, well a lot of my reporting on this, Brian, has been everything I've been told for you know, really a couple of years now, is that the Bengals don't want to fight. They don't want a contentious fight on this, they don't want to fight on this, on this new lease. But it's like everything I read from those emails and from reports is like you can say you don't want to fight that, yet you're fighting, and you're you're doing the same things and being incredibly tough. And they're known as incredibly tough negotiators. And I suppose, as not suppose, I mean as a private business, they have every right to you know, do whatever they want in terms of their negotiation, but that doesn't mean the county can say yes to everything they asked for. And the county's pushing back, and that's what the county should be doing. I really believe the county is committed to absolutely trying to get a better deal for the taxpayers this time around than they did last. Now is that ultimately gonna happen. We can sit here and try to predict and project, and I mean, and I certainly have my prediction on how this is gonna go. I think in the end, like everyone's gonna you know, the Bengals are gonna threaten to leave, and the County's gonna play hardball, and they're gonna play hardball right up till the very last second. I don't think the Bengals are ever really gonna be serious about wanting to leave, and then we've got a deal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah. Litigation is most usually settled on the courthouse steps, as the old adage, you know, they wait for the last minute and then finally reach a resolution because no one wants to take the gamble. But I guess I have to ask, is there really any possibility of them leaving? I mean, is there some other you know, city that says, hey, you know, we're right here, and by the way, we're willing to build a two billion dollars stadium for you whatever new stadium costs these days, I didn't know that that was really even a possibility. And don't we as a city also get the option to sort of buy them out if they threatened to do that.
Speaker 16: I don't know on your last question, is it I mean, is it possible they could leave? Certainly when you look around, there's not In terms of American cities, there's doesn't seem like there's that many options. I know Austin has, the Texas has been thrown around. I believe the Buffalo Bills used Austin, Texas as as levers to get their new stadium. There were some reports out there on that. Now there's also this, you know, there's a lot of talka or there has been talk out there that like Jerry Jones and Dallas would never allow a team in Austin, and I think San Antonio has been has been mentioned and again at a lot of times it's a speculation. Yeah, uh, and again that would be the Dallas Cowboys would have their say on that. So It kind of comes back to the the question of as you see the NFL teams continue to play international games and talk of could there could there be a team in London, could there be a team in Mexico City. I this is what I truly believe. And again just from my conversations and trying to put puzzle pieces together, and I am I want to be clear, I am not saying this is what's going to happen, that this is what the Bengals want. I really believe the Bengals would sell the team before that, that they would move the team from Cincinnati really to anywhere, whatever city it would be. I really believe that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess the ownership, the ownership change is really what I was going for. If they sell, I think that brings about a legal option for the city to buy it.
Speaker 1: Not if they just move.
Speaker 3: The Brown family wants to back up and collectively move their team to another city. I suppose they can do that. But that international angle is kind of an interesting topic because you know, they are pushing NFL global, so that does remain a possibility. Who is negotiating or leading the negotiations on the county side.
Speaker 16: Well, the county administrator Jeff Ludo, some of the Yeah, some of the same lawyers that have been involved for a long time are are still involved now. Obviously the county commissioners are getting briefed and they are having a little bit of say, but certainly from the county side of this or some different players at the table now on the on the Bengals side of this, Uh, there's mostly the same folks are still involved, from the attorneys to the obviously the Bengals ownership are still involved in what happened last time.
Speaker 1: Well, same players and the same people who were.
Speaker 16: There last time are here again at the table. And these these guys are I mean, the Bengals are. They are incredibly legally smart. They have incredibly smart negotiators, and they they are tough negotiators. And I mean, you know, if you were teaching a class in law school about negotiation and how to get the absolute best deal for yourself, I would certainly use the Bengals as an example. From a private business standpoint.
Speaker 3: The Dream Team just said, don't worry, We've got Stephanie Dumas on the other side. So there's nothing.
Speaker 16: Well, yeah, I mean, there has been some talk behind the scenes too about some desires I think on the Bengals side to you know, I think they would like to see maybe a some kind of a stadium authority. And again this is just I think just probably cutting room floor types of ideas in which basically you would get the negotiation piece away from the county commissioners. I've not since any kind of real momentum there on really you know that happening, But I mean you certainly see that. I believe Pittsburgh has a stadium authority, and it's just spasically a board, a publicly appointed board, and that's what they do.
Speaker 3: They do.
Speaker 16: They do stadium related issues and maintenance and budget money and that kind of thing.
Speaker 3: Well, budget and money, I think is where the rubber meets the road, because we're talking about a lot of money and a finite amount of dollars in the county, you know, a lot of which is supposed to go to law enforcement and the other thing I have to observe for a part company today, Jason Williams, and I've enjoyed this conversation. Is I always do with you, you know, I find this all ridiculous, this whole idea of keeping up with the Joneses. In so far as stadium upgrades are concerned, does the stadium perfunction as it should? Yes, it provides an adequate space where a game of football can be played. I mean, really, that's it. I don't care if the if the locker room has a disco ball and a special stereosystem, and damn it, you could probably have the guys in a high school locker room. It would hold their clothes while they're playing the game. They could shower and clean up there and then go home. All these bells and whistles really just kind of pissed me off, especially since you and I the taxpayers at Hamilton County, are going to shoulder the burden on this. It seems to me that the Bengals, if they don't have a whole lot of leverage about pulling the plug and leaving town, need to think about their own reputation and loyalty to the fans. The good will needs to be established and that's where their own money should come in. Or maybe they should pair back these what I consider outrageous demands for upgrades.
Speaker 16: I mean, Brian, you couldn't have you couldn't have really said that any better, and you know, I think that's where the I think that's there's a real crossroads here. And you know, where does when you think about taxpayers and a lot of those taxpayers are also fans, and so then where where does that you know, where does that kind of nexus meet there in terms of, yeah, you want the NFL in your town, but I'm also like taxpayer in Hamilton County and this is an incredibly expensive and we got a bad deal last time, which you know, we can sit here and we can yell at the Bengals and yeah, do I think that they need to pour more money into it? Absolutely? Do I think the county uh you know, didn't get the best deal for the tax payers last time around.
Speaker 15: Absolutely?
Speaker 16: Lightly, Yeah, I mean, and and so that there is a there's an absolute prem when you look around the NFL and what when it comes to new stadiums and and look, hey, I guess I give the Bengals credit, like they're not asking for a new stadium, whereas in Tennessee they did ask for a new stadium, and their stadium there is only a year older than ours, and they're getting a new stadium in Nashville.
Speaker 15: And so.
Speaker 16: Yeah, yeah, and but typically what I've seen in Nashville and in Buffalo, it's been about a sixty forty the public money forty private money. There's the new wave of stadiums now or there's more state money going into and so I think there's this there's a lot of talk about more state money this time around. Obviously the Cleveland Browns are looking at a new stadium, then there's talk about giving them more state money. So I certainly think you're going to see a lot bigger burden carried by the state government this time around. And you know, and in the Bengals stadium, and but it all it's like, we still don't know what the Bengals are willing to pay. They're gonna have to be willing to pay a lot more than they paid last time. Percentage well, obviously when it comes to raw number, they're going to but when it comes to we're talking about percentage here, because the upgrades are going to cost more than what it costs to actually originally build the stadium.
Speaker 9: I know.
Speaker 3: And when I every time I hear that, Jason, it just blows my mind again. It functions fine. And the wave of the future I think is for me to sit in the basement on a giant screen, great resolution TV, drinking three dollars beer as opposed to fifteen dollars beer and not having to occur parking, and you know, I don't know, it's just it's all shocking to me. Jason. I'm glad you're staying on top of it. Cincinnati dot Com is where you find since they enquire online and read what Jason has to write in sports, and Jason, You're always welcome here on the fifty five KRC Morgings Show. You get any other details or developments on these negotiations, you know you've got a spot to talk about it, and I welcome you back at any time.
Speaker 4: Bellie County is in a past All hands on, Jess is a crew tragedy, get the news right here, bring people up to date on fifty five Karcia eight.
Speaker 3: Oh six to fifty five KRC detalk station. And a very happy Tuesday to everyone. Feeling lighter, feeling like a burden has been lifted. Yes, of course, Donald Trump back where he belongs as PARSI of the United States of America to talk about the inauguration, other matters, including the pardons we needed discussed. Welcome back, to the fifty five Kersey Morning Show. It's time for the Insight Scoop with bright Bart News political editor Bradley Jay. Hey, welcome back to the program. It's a pleasure to heave you on today.
Speaker 20: Great to be with you. It's an exciting town.
Speaker 3: There's no question, oh, without without a doubt. I mean, I quite literally feel as though weight has been lifted off of me. I obviously was very worried as many were, about Kamala Harris actually maybe scoring a victory. But what a landslide was for Donald Trump, and that in and of itself was the weight that was lifted, since the left isn't running around in the streets demanding the repeal a constitutional change to the electoral college, which you know would have come had he not won the popular vote. But I presume you watched all the affairs, all the pomp and circumstance yesterday.
Speaker 20: Oh absolutely, we were right here in the sick of it, sticking it out in the cold.
Speaker 1: I haven't spent a lot.
Speaker 20: Of time in Ohio, but look these Alabama bones.
Speaker 16: They didn't do.
Speaker 17: Well in that kind of weather.
Speaker 20: But we didn't let it slow with day. It was crowds everywhere people were up all night. I mean yeah, I mean, give me a break. Would you have thought that eight years ago you'd have thousands and thousands of Americans celebrating Donald Trump for.
Speaker 1: The elections of the White.
Speaker 20: House with Nelly performing a concert. I mean, give me a break. We are entering a new golden age. We're winning the culture war, We're winning.
Speaker 3: The political war.
Speaker 20: It is a transformational time right now, and you can feel that energy here at Washington.
Speaker 3: Well, and Donald Trump didn't pull any punches during his speech after being sworn in yesterday. I thought it slightly amusing and really unexpected that he he didn't pull any punches in terms of condemning the last four years in the Biden administration, with Joe Biden and Kamala Harris over his left shoulder there.
Speaker 20: Well, to hear him say it late last night at the inaugural ball, I was at I believe Trump arrived sometime around.
Speaker 1: Eleven o'clo block.
Speaker 20: He was talking about how JD and his family had encouraged him to through a few paragraphs, so they must have been they must have been quite pointed if he determined that they were too touugh on Biden, because goodness, you're right. He did not shy away from pointing out just the legacy of ashes that Joe Biden is going to leave behind. And he was just three or four feet away from him.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 20: Trump was talking about how he won all the seven swing states in an electoral rock. Kama was sitting there just staring at him. It was just absolutely delicious and it was vinage Trump, no question.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And also I have to say, you know, aside from the point of comments, but after being sworn in and giving his remarks, how refreshing it was to have the president of the United States of America actually engage in a lengthy Q and a process off script, no monitor, teleprompter, since it's been so long since we had a president would do that. I mean, Joe Biden would hide from everyone, never answer questions. And of course we all understand the reason is he was cognitively impaired, as we finally found out. But I just thought it was really nice that he was willing to engage so much.
Speaker 1: It's the it's the weive.
Speaker 20: It's the weive, isn't that what he calls?
Speaker 1: Hi?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 20: And he goes in all these different directions that are apps it up. Joe Biden could never and everyone knows that, and it honestly, it really is in some way sad to see how Joe.
Speaker 1: Biden is going to be remembered, Uh.
Speaker 20: If he wasn't so corrupt, but he confirmed his corruption with the pardons over these last couple of days and weeks in the White House. This is a family that is built upon corruption. My colleague Peter Schweizer has called the five members of Biden's family who he pardoned uh yesterday, the Biden five. I mean that they're they're a crown family.
Speaker 1: Not that that's.
Speaker 20: A that even include Hunter, he also pardoned going back to twenty fourteen when he started getting involved in Barisma in Ukraine. So it's sad, it's tragic, but there is.
Speaker 1: But the Bidens are bad people.
Speaker 20: The Bidens are bad people, There's no question about it, especially when you look at what they tried to pull on the American people by hiding Joe Biden's condition and forcing another four years on the American people. They always put themselves above the American people. Don't ever let them try.
Speaker 3: To tell you otherwise, no question about it. And my listeners are painfully aware of the details and the Biden Antics, including Hunter Biden, and you know, the lies of the American people that were told over and over and over again.
Speaker 1: I saw that.
Speaker 3: Trump took the security of clearance away from the fifty one signatures on that letter saying that Hunter Biden's laptop had all the hallmarks of Russian disinformation. When you know it, and I know it, the FBI had that and already verified it's it's it's legitimacy, and it's the fact that it truly was Hunter Biden's laptop. So I I you know again that weight's been lifted. Do you do you think Donald over overstated his case? I mean, the litany of things he promised to accomplish seems like an insurmountable hurdle. I guess I'm just kind of wondering. Did he perhaps over promise?
Speaker 20: I don't think so. There's a lot of work to do, There's no question. It does seem like everyone is on board for now. There's unsity in the party in a way that there was. There's just not in twenty seventeen. It was such an unholy marriage between Trump and the Republican Party. He is he is the pattern familiars. Now it is a different world. And look, I mean I was that one of one of the balls last night and Jason Aldean is playing. Everyone's so excited. But yes, people start whispering back and forth. Did you see that Donald Trump just sign an executive.
Speaker 1: Order to remove us from the W two.
Speaker 3: And all this stuff.
Speaker 20: Everyone was just as excited about what Trump was doing as the actual celebration. There's a reason that Trump won. It's because he did promise to go bold. That's how you bring this nation into a new golden age. It isn't just to sit on your throne of power like Joe Biden has done has done for so long. There's a lot of work that needs to be done and Trump is aiming high and I'm excited to see if he can keep up this pace. But I mean, you can just feel it in Washington. There was never this kind of this kind of buzz and enthusiasm during his first term.
Speaker 3: So rock and roll and.
Speaker 20: Then get to get on board because there's a lot of winning that's coming ahead.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I'm glad you made the observation with the Republican Party and it's certain to be far more unified than the first term. We know what to expect. We know what he delivered on last time, and of course he so thoroughly thrashed Kamala Harrison the election, there's reason to rally around Trump. So the never Trumper people that existed in large numbers in the Republican Party, I guess have probably learned their lesson and are no longer of that mindset.
Speaker 11: Well, look, if you're.
Speaker 20: A Susan Collins or Lisa Murkowski in the Senate who made a big point out of plushing your pearls and saying that you wouldn't vote for Donald Trump, do they want to be a part of the governing majority in Washington or do they want to be on the sideline. So really it's in their own interest to get on board. And you're right the way that Donald Trump just absolutely thrashed kam Law It was such a rejection of all of this nonsense, wokeism. All these cultural policies are geopolitical weakness obviously the economy and the border.
Speaker 1: I mean, this was such.
Speaker 20: A total rejection of everything that Democrats said for And now they are really out in the political wilderness.
Speaker 9: Uh, Who's who is their leader right now?
Speaker 20: It's not Kamala It's It's not Gavin Newsom, he's out burning his state down.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 20: It's not gonna be Truck Schumer or anybody like that, is it AOC? I certainly don't think so. So the resistance is resigned to Trump in so many ways, and that's contributed to just the uh, the the energy around Trump because look, I mean it's what George Wallace said in my home state used to always say, Uh, look, I'd rather somebody tell me that they think I'm gonna win, that they're gonna.
Speaker 3: Vote for me.
Speaker 20: Uh, just because if if folks that you're gonna win there, they want to get on board that that's a that's a sign that you know, folks, folks want to be with a winner. And right now Donald Trump is a winner.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 20: And we'll see if that momentum can laugh in Congress.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 20: I'm optimistic, certainly with these these confirmation battles, it seems like Republicans, Uh, some of the the squishier ones are coming coming around.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 20: So it's it's it's just excuse me, it's a different ballgame than it was eight years ago.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 20: With out of doubt, I really truly believe uh that we we will never see we've we've never seen anything before like we're about to see in Washington.
Speaker 17: D C.
Speaker 1: Well, I love your optimism. Bradley J. Politics Center for Bright Bart.
Speaker 3: I saw that Marco Rubio got unanimously confirmed by the Senate, so first cabinet pick approved, and uh, I thought that was a good thing, highly regarded even by Democrats who you know, had positive things to say about them during the Senate hearings, but pivoting over to the other cabinet positions and generally legislation, recognizing that Trump did have a huge win obvious for all the obvious reasons border woke politics, Dee. I, that's the wrong side of the politics to be on. Do you think any Democrats in this let's say the Senate, for example, perhaps will be less obstructionists when it comes to past legislation, recognizing their constituents or probably on board with it, you know, assuming it's not something radical conservative. But do you think Donald Trump's going to have an easier time getting things actually passed by way of laws.
Speaker 20: Well, the Democrats aren't going to roll over, but I do think that they are going to pick their battles much more carefully this time. Again, like the resistance has resigned to Donald Trump, especially after the type of electoral rots that he had. If you look at what the Senate just did with passing the Lake and Riley at Yeah, I mean, I think it's been over three decades since the Senate has passed any kind of significant standalone border security or immigration bill, and you had Democrats get on board to move that. That's this is a battle or this is an issue that Democrats would not have engaged in working with Republicans in the.
Speaker 3: Past few years.
Speaker 20: The fact that they did it out of political necessity, I mean, we need to recognize that. I don't think that they're converts overnight. But again, everything that Donald Trump did on election Day was a rejection of every single thing that Democrats have been fighting for. I don't think that they know exactly what form the resistance or what have you, is going to take in the next couple of years. I do think that they will get it figured out, at least on some level, But for now, I think they're just trying to kind of figure it out as they as they go because the party is in such disarray. So I'm optimistic that there will be some additional legislative wins. We are going to be able to get everything through that sixty vote over that sixty vote threshold in the Senate. But the fact that Democrats chose to engage on the Lake.
Speaker 1: And Riley Act and pasites very very encouraging.
Speaker 3: Sound well and going back to the pardon before we part company today, And I really enjoyed our conversation this morning, Bradley. The I do believe that Trump gets some measure of cover given Joe Biden pardoned his entire crime family and Fauci and Schiff and the rest of the Jay six committee. Donald Trump followed through with his pledge. He pardoned the J six UH protesters pretty much across the board, with a couple of exceptions. My understanding.
Speaker 20: There there were there were a lot of hot fives and celebrations and tears last night. Uh that Donald Trump delivered on that campaign promise.
Speaker 15: UH.
Speaker 20: And remember President elect Biden. Uh, he had expressed his concerns with preemptive pardons and talked about how how the world would look at us if we engage in something of that.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 20: He said, You're not going to see that kind of approach to pardons from my administration. Well, we saw it Uh, and it was much worse that we could have ever ever thought. President like Biden was talking about how, oh my DOJ is going to be so honorable and won't pursue any of that politicization. Yeah, right, I think that Donald Trump, the record clearly shows otherwise with what they did to him. So it's I think it's a tragic story of what happened to Joe Biden, but it's well deserved and I'm excited about this new age in this nation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and just I mean in terms of record is concerned. It's really amazing how polar opposite the positions are relating to pardons, depending on which point in time you ask someone. Adam Schiff, recipient of a pardon, was all against them back in twenty twenty, and he's firmly on the record saying, you know, this is just should not ever happen. And lo and behold he gets his own. It's amazing. It's been a real pleasure having you on the program. Politics Editor, Bright bar Bookmarket. You'll be happy you did. B R E I T b A RT Politics Edit Bradley J. I look forward to having you back on the program sometime again this year. I hope so, and keep up the great work and best of health. Loved everybody at Breitbart, Hey, buckle up, there's a lot coming down the pie here in Washington. Stale top of it at brightbart dot com. Amen to that brother eight twenty at fifty five krc DE talk station. But he sounds very happy. I think with good reason, folks, that you can stick around. Daniel Davis deep dive. Trump's in charge, Marco Rubia's Secretary of State. Is there going to be a change in the situation with Israel, the Gaza Strip, Russia and Ukraine. Daniel Davis on those in a few minutes.
Speaker 1: Fifty five KRC Injurance sold by Smart Bunny Interpot krc DE talk station.
Speaker 3: It's Tuesday, regular listeners, No, it's appointment listening because we're doing a Daniel Davis deep dive with the retired lieutenant colonel talking wars, talking ceasefire agreements, and of course the new sheriff in town, Donald Trump making some bold, bold bold promises to get that Russia Ukraine war settled. Welcome back, Daniel David. It's always a pleasure to have you on my program. It's always a pleasure to be here. Brian, thanks for having me. Well, let's start with the Israel Palestinian prisoner exchange. They entered into a ceasefire agreement. Some of the hostages have been released. I guess I kind of been wondering in the back of my head. The status of the hostages is largely unknown. We do know that some of many of them have died, But do we have a head count on how many remain alive and how soon will they all be released? And I guess a more broad question because I have no faith that this ceasefire agreement is going to remain. I just think the Hamas is gonna just tank it. But what's your take on where we stand on that one, Daniel.
Speaker 21: Yeah, we don't know to your question, there head count, We don't know who's live, who's not, how many are there. The Hamasa has intentionally kept that vague to continue to give themselves leverage. One of the things they're afraid of is if they just gave all the hostages back in one big passage, then all their leverage is gone and there's nothing to stop Israel from returning to the fight. And that's one of the things they continue to be very worried about so that's why they've kind of spread it out over a long period of time that I think the plan is three hostages every seven days until it's six weeks than all the rest of the hostages are supposed to be released, and there'll be a big whatever is left after that, there will be in a big push into phase two allegedly if the thing gets that far. It's been a bit of a problem because the ceasefi has really shown how Hezbolay has really weathered this storm much better even than I thought that they would. In their tunnel systems. They have rebuilt a lot of the tunnel systems. You actually had a secretary blinking on the way out admit that Hamas had.
Speaker 1: Almost completely rebuilt its strength.
Speaker 21: So it is really a stunning development that Israel is no closer to success today than they were before then. And I think that in many ways the Israeli side needed this cease far more than the Hamas side did. But I suspect that both sides are going to use the opportunity to rebuild their strength. So to your point, I don't see any evidence this is going to be over anytime soon, but at least thankfully for the people of Palestine. The daily killing has at least temporarily stopped.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I guess part of me wonders what the political reality will be in the stability of the ceasefire arrangement if more of the hostages have actually been killed and there really aren't that many left remaining to you know, hand back over that, that situation sounds like it might be a politically volatile in terms of this the relationship being lasting or not.
Speaker 21: Yeah, the only thing that mitigated against it is that everybody's very aware that possibly as many as half of the remaining hostages that they've identified are probably not alive. So it won't shock anyone, but especially for the family members. They they all most of them are saying that they're not well. Not that they don't care, but that that one way or know that they want their person back no matter what, whether they were alive or dead.
Speaker 3: They just want, you know, the proof or so. Yeah, so it's still a big issue there. Well, this I was unaware that they had done so much rebuilding. I find it almost I'm not questioning your authority or what you're saying, but in the midst of this conflict, when Israel's presence is fully there that they had the opportunity and the ability to rebuild all those tunnels, and with the ceasefire agreement in place, they've got all the opportunity of the world to continue rebuilding, which means basically, if they go back to fighting each other, it sounds like both sides are starting at square one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, honestly, it does.
Speaker 21: And you know, a lot of this was exposed not just by Secretary of blinking saying it out loud, but Hamas had a parade, an actual parade following the ceasefire when it was announced, and a lot of them came out of their tunnels, and you know, they're in uniform, and they have lots of their equipment, their vehicles, their rockets. It shows that they never lost all of their capacity. Even though the images on the on the surface look literally like a moonscape's shocking the amount of destruction, but under the ground, they've weathered that storm.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I saw a photograph the other day the same thing. Just my I fell open. It's just it, it's I mean, it's completely in hospitality to people living there. There are no buildings, they're all blown up, and they're in piles and rubble, and I just just wonder what kind of rebuilding effort is going to go on. And I mean, can they even rebuild, And where the resource is gonna come to rebuild. Yeah.
Speaker 21: You know, a lot of people in America don't know it, but in the the Korean War, in the latter stages of the Korean War, when we were trying to get the the armistice signed, the US Air Force almost literally wiped out every village and town in North Korea, turned it entirely into rubble. And the same question was there too. But the people will find a way to do it. There's there's already some talk, especially among the Arabs in the Middle East about funding a lot of this.
Speaker 1: Europe is wanting to do some et cetera.
Speaker 21: But it's going to be decades plural before that stuff gets done. And and and of course it won't even start until there's some kind of political settlement. They won't start until then. So it's a long long road to hope.
Speaker 3: Well, of course, pivoting over to the Russia Ukraine situation, at least I suppose Ukraine has enough quote unquote resources that at least it'll be more financially able to perhaps do some rebuilding. They do have the bread basket, they have resources. They of course would have some measure of support from the NATO countries the European Union, given how their proximity. Whether or not they're let in or not is a completely different story. But in order to resolve that conflict, as you and I have talked about, and Donald Trump wants to settle that war, Ukraine's going to have to make some major concessions. I mean, it seems like Russia has all the cards.
Speaker 1: Well, they really do it.
Speaker 21: And two events over the last since you and I were on last have been published that got almost no notice here in the West, but that are crucial and vital to this, especially as Trump has now assumed office, and that on the Ukraine side, you had their General Sersky, their commander in chief of the armed forces, admitted that they are not even able to force mobilize enough people to offset their losses. So we flatly said, we are basically our armed forces are shrinking. We suspected this all along, but he has now confirmed it. Even if they go to eighteen year old and lower the age down to mobilization, there simply aren't enough men to be able to offset the losses, and they're bringing in thousands every month, but they're set their casualties are.
Speaker 1: More than that every single month.
Speaker 21: On the other side, you have their national security Russian national security advisor and one of their other senior members of their government have said that they planned to they have a plan, a resource plan to win the war by twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: So they're already thinking we're gonna get We're not.
Speaker 21: There's not an eminent wind to this, but we're going all through twenty twenty five, and we plan on taking all four of the territories that they have annexe et cetera, deem notzify the government however they want to define that et cetera. But that's important because they are not thinking, Hey, we want Trump to come in to negotiating into this. On the current line of contact, We're going to keep going until we have all four of those oblasts. And as you just said, they don't have to negotiate an into it. They can just keep fighting until they seize it by force. But the Ukraine side can't. I mean, it's just they don't have the capacity.
Speaker 3: Well, and you know, going back to your comments and observations about the North Korean soldiers going to fight in that conflict on Russia's side in order to get experience and learn how to be effective fighters. If Ukraine is basically snatching up every you know, alive male person in the country eighteen and up and putting them on the front line, so those folks don't have experience, and they're more than likely going to be casualties the season fighters, the veterans more than likely have been killed already.
Speaker 21: Wouldn't you think, oh, one hundred percent, that's absolutely right. And that's a bigger issue than people who don't have military experience may realize, because too many times you think, well, you'll just mobilize more people and put another fifty thousand uniform.
Speaker 1: But a uniform doesn't make you a soldier.
Speaker 21: It just means you're a civilian who's wearing a uniform and here's a rifle, go fire that direction, and they have no idea what they're doing. You can't function as a as a coherent fighting force unless you have trained people at every single level, all the way up, you know, from private up to colonel in general or whatever. The Russians, because they have more people they've had the luxury of training a lot of their guys over many months out of contact, and then they'll rotate out people who at key leader levels into new units here, so they'll bring people back in. So when they have this unit that's getting beat down, they'll take the unit out, they'll bring a new one back in, and then this is already trained.
Speaker 1: But the Ukraine side they.
Speaker 21: Literally throw everybody that they get into uniform into the front lines, almost no training, and that's just militarily unsustainable. So that gets into this calculation for Trump as well.
Speaker 3: Now we got a new Secretary of State unanimous who confirm yesterday Marco Rubio, and that is that in any way shape perform a game changer new president who's wanting and desirous of settling the conflict. Marco Rubio at the helm here at the State, what do you think about that?
Speaker 21: Well, it definitely is a game changer, without question, because the outgoing administration just kept saying for as long as it takes, and you know, shoveling money out the door on their way out of office, with no strategy, no plan whatsoever to how this could result in anything positive.
Speaker 1: At least Trump is coming.
Speaker 21: In both the Secretary of Rubio as well as Trump has continued to say we're looking for a negotiated settlement. He said Trump said it again last night that yes, he says, you know, Russia's hurting, and you know they can't just they can They're grinding it out, this is the term he used. But he also said, but they have more people, so he acknowledges that just the math is going to be moving in this direction. So the President and Secretary of State are both talking about this is going to have to be a negotiated settlement.
Speaker 3: Well, and part of the leverage of getting the Ukrainians that negotiate and maybe express a more desire to perhaps make these consents if we quit funding them and giving them weapons that presents a genuine problem for them. That's going to knock them back on that.
Speaker 1: Well, it doesn't. That's that's one of the other things.
Speaker 21: I'm glad you brought that up, because that's one of it was surprising too many to include myself, that Trump didn't mention Ukraine at all or Russia at all during the entire inauguration speech, but he did give some codes in there, and he said we're going to stop any kind of foreign aid if it can't be shown that it actually is in America's interest to do so. And I think that was a definite shot across the bow to the Ukraine that if we can't see how this is going to work, it ain't gonna just keep getting shoveled into the furnace like the Algony administration did. And I think it's pretty clear where the Trump Administration's going.
Speaker 3: Oh, I think most definitely that's what that was directed toward. And of course they have folks in Ukraine closely observing and listening and parsing out the words. They got the message, and they got the message too.
Speaker 1: I sure you. I've seen you Ukraine and the media this morning they got that message.
Speaker 3: Yes, they did. Every Tuesday at eight thirty The Deep Dive with Daniel Davis. Find them online to search for Daniel Davis Deep Dive and until next Tuesday, my friend, thank you so much for your time every week. I look forward to another conversation. Always my pleasure. Thanks brand sing you next time eight forty one. If you have KARCD talk station, don't go away. We're gonna be celebrating over exits twenty fifth annivers where you get asked, the expert coming up shortly, be right back.
Speaker 6: This is fifty five karc an iHeartRadio station,