Speaker 1: Should one stud running back actually be benched this weekend in the f FPC Main Event Championship Round. What effect is Dorian Thompson Robinson going to have on the rest of the Browns pass catchers? And what should excuse me Fantasy Pros Championship Championship brown participants expect from the new Michael Pennox led Atlanta Falcons plus twelve times f FPC League winner Tommy Harron is going to rejoin the show for discussion on ty J Spears, Kendre Miller, and so much more. Hey, We've got a great show for you tonight. Pharrell Elliott is here. I'm Eric Balkman. Stick around your high Stakes Fantasy Football Hour starts caan't stamn the pressure I've seen broadcast live in horror ral the world. You are now.
Speaker 2: Watching the most entertaining hour of radio on the planet. Welcome to the High Stakes Fantasy Football Hour, presented by my FFPC dot com with your host Eric Boltman and Farrel Elliott. The High Stakes Fantasy Football Hour is your home for analysis from the best players in the world and now, because no one else was available, here are Eric Bolfman and Barrel Elliott.
Speaker 1: And Early Merry Christmas to everybody out there, and happy holiday seasons. Greetings here from us at the High Stakes Fantasy Football Hour. Thank you Rob for that lovely introduction here tonight, Greetings, salutations, Hi, Hello, Hi, how are you welcome? This is the HSFF FLOWER. It's the latest episode. All of you b alcoholics and for eli X are in for a treat tonight because we're going to give you the best possible advice that we can regarding the f FPC Main Event Championship Round and the Fantasy Pro Championship Championship Round as well as the kf f FC Main Event Championship Round. As it is championship season for sure. This is the hs f IF are presented by the Fantasy Football Players Championship over at my FFPC dot com. I of course, as always em you're slightly above average Host Eric Balkman. Don't forget about the definitive Commissioner of Fantasy Football, Farrel Elliott. I'll bring him on shortly. Coming up on tonight's show, Farrell and I are going to dish on everything that's going on in fantasy football this weekend, all the tough starts and sits that you have to figure out, including but not limited to Jerome Ford without Nick Chubb, Brenton Strange, a hot waiver wire pickup over the last couple of weeks in the FFPC, What should you expect from him? And much more, And we'll also be joined by the twelve time FFPC Main Event League winner mister Tommy Herron. Tommy Island himself will pop aboard in about thirteen minutes here on the show. If you want to connect with us, you can do so at HSFF our at Eric Balkman, at Jfarrell Elliott on x KFFFC dot com, and of course, high Stakes Fantasy Football at gmail dot com is the email address you can send those questions in. We'll try to get to all the exposts, emails and everything in our fantasy Feedback segment coming up later on in the show. Thanks to our audio engineer and my best friend Bryce and our producer and mutual friend Rob, the FFPC is I don't know if I mentioned this last week because I had a lot of Internet issues going on last Friday night and I may have forgotten to say this, but I can tell you right now the FFPC World Famous Playoff Challenges are live right now at my FFPC dot com. You can enter for thirty five dollars and be eligible for a one hundred thousand dollars grand prize. You know, for two hundred dollars and be eligible for a five hundred thousand dollars grand prize. My ffpc dot com is ready to go. Remember, there are no drafts, there are no salary caps. You just put together the lineup one player per NFL team in the playoffs. And now again we don't know who they are yet, but I would definitely get those line those teams signed up and registered for because the NFL playoffs will start about three hours earlier on that Saturday, which means and people under stand this, which is why the spots been selling out, not selling out, but the spots have been selling faster than normal this year because you want to make sure that you don't get left out in the colt while you're signing. After the world famous FFPC Playoff Challenge, check out the Weekly Challenge the Week sixteen Weekly Challenge going on at m y ffpc dot com. Same format, no draft, no salary cap, build your team only one player per NFL team on those squads thirty five or two hundred dollars to enter went up to twenty five hundred bucks this weekend ten thirty one hundred team contests. You can play with or without kickers and defenses. It's totally up to you. My ffpc dot com is where to go for that. Remember to like this video, subscribe to the channel, comment on the video shirt with your friends, share it with your enemies, and get notified each and every time.
Speaker 3: We go live.
Speaker 4: We're going live with one of my good buddies tonight.
Speaker 1: He is the head honcho over at the Kentucky Fantasy Football State Championship and not a bad high stakes fantasy football player himself. The incomparable and definitive Commissioner of Fantasy Football, Jay Farrell.
Speaker 4: Elliott Farrell, welcome in tonight.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 5: That is a mighty fun introduction and I blush and humbledness and anyone who would like to replay. I think back to last week and when we asked for who who is the sleeper? And then what player is going to be the real dud, the player that you don't want in your lineup? Our guests should have answered anyone who you promoted Pharaoh, anyone who you were promoting last week? Should I think we told people not to start the Buffalo running back. I think we might have told people to start Amari Cooper. We said, we said Pollard in front of spears at least I did.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 5: It was a humbling week. Let's just put it, you.
Speaker 1: Know, But I trust the process on this, and I don't know exactly what happened. Pharaoh. Maybe you have an explanation for it. I knew Amari Cooper didn't do much as I was watching that Bill's Lions game. I was flabbergasted to find out after the game, not one, not one target, not one gd.
Speaker 5: Target to how many targets came the week before, I don't know, to be honest. Maybe he complained he was getting too much work.
Speaker 1: I think he had.
Speaker 5: Double digit targets the previous week, just you.
Speaker 1: Know, and I mean, and I think what baffled me too, is it was ninety points in that game, his team scored forty eight, and he did not get one target. Farrell on the season. I'm looking at Amari Cooper's game logs here. He did have fourteen targets the week before. Again, yes before that, three, three, two and five. Okay, not great, but still more than zero. But I mean even with the Browns this year six ten, eight, twelve, eight nine and then zero against the Lions. Do you have an explanation for this? I've been searching for one. I haven't found one. It's got to just be an anomaly. Can't happen again or in it.
Speaker 5: Well, I'll tell you what if it does happen. Either way, he's not gonna be in my line up.
Speaker 4: Nobody's gonna be surprised by it anymore.
Speaker 5: No, no, no glues, eggs. They all can't play like the Ladigator Lady greater Ladigator crea. Yeah what McConkey has just had. What a year that is?
Speaker 1: Laditi mecha kay or Mecca ka meconkka whatever Keegan Michael Key called him on rich Eisend Show. The Bills are fourteen point favorites this week Farrell against the New England Patriots in a total of forty six and a half. Wouldn't surprise me at all to have a James Cook Ray Davis game that get far far away from Ma Maari Cooper this week.
Speaker 4: That would be the best piece of advice we give you all night.
Speaker 1: But stay tuned for much more because Farrell and I have much more to discuss on.
Speaker 5: The shounce back to bounce back.
Speaker 1: Bounce back, bounce back week. We're going to be discussing Brian Robinson, Jerry Judy, and so much more. I want to lead things off tonight with your Raiders, which means I got to pull this out thanks to John Terry, pull this out. Put on my Raiders chain here tonight. As we're getting into the Raiders conversation to lead things off tonight, shout out to John Terry for that lovely piece of jewelry. Antonio Peers, according to Paul Gutierrez, told reporters that Aidan O'Connell should be good to go for Week sixteen against the Jacksonville Jaguars. Now, this is an improvement over Desmond Ridder. Obviously, you saw Jacoby Myers last week. Farrell kind of be invisible most of the game until they needed to make plays at the end of the game, and Myers was there making plays. In fact, almost caught that Hail Marray right at the end, got two hands on the football, just couldn't pull it in. Jesse Bates was just in a little bit better position to make the pick. But I think this is interesting, not for Brock Bauers. But for Jacoby Myers, a lot of people were ready to bench him in the championship round. They weren't flexing him out. But now O'Connell comes in, it makes it more intriguing. And I think you almost break ties in favor of Jacoby Myers because we know O'Connell is talented enough to make Rock Bowers the number one tight end this week and make Jacoby Myers a top twenty five play at wide receiver too, in my opinion, and.
Speaker 5: As wonderful as Bowers has been, it seems like that that offense has leaned on him and targeted Myers when he is the proverbial go to guy no matter who's at quarterback, and it was difficult. He had a hard time shatting some of the coverage in last week's game. I believe in Myers, boy do I believe in Bauers. And after that, you just got to get out of business with the Raiders, even the kicking game.
Speaker 1: Who is the kick? Oh, Daniel Carlson. You don't mean Daniel Carlson.
Speaker 5: I love him, but I'm I'm I'm getting out of it because it's just not that you know that they got to move those chains to get him in position, and then they've got to not be playing from a chaser position. And uh, you know, this is a game that they got a chance to win. And so maybe I'll maybe I'll walk back on that a little bit. But you know, I don't think. I don't think discussing kickers is going to make a difference to everyone that wants to win this championship. But sure is nice to watch Dicker, you know, go out there and nail fixis.
Speaker 1: That was great that we hadn't seen a free kick in fifty years and we got to see one last.
Speaker 5: Why do we not see more of those?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 4: Isn't it kind of a rare situation for it to present itself?
Speaker 1: I don't think, Like I think Harball made the right call by doing it, But I don't think that a lot of players have there A lot of teams have the opportunity to do it, right, I guess no.
Speaker 4: I mean because to me, if you got a good enough kicker, then yeah, fire.
Speaker 5: The rule is essentially you fair catch the punt and then you have a free kick.
Speaker 1: Is that right? I don't know. I think I'm taking it from for the word from your mouth. I was trying to understand what was going on on Thursday, and I thought I got it. Then I don't think I got it, So I don't know. But it was fun and it was great to see. Tom Smith has a question right now from the from the YouTube chat breaking news. Earlier this afternoon, Aaron Wilson, who covers the Houston Texans, has announced that the Texans have signed IRV Smith to their fifty three man roster. So Irv Smith or Kyle Pitts this week? Pharaoh, that that's the question, Pitts or Irv Smith on the Texans. Remember Brevin Jordan out for the season where they torn a cl.
Speaker 5: You know, Irv may not get a jersey, Tom, Let's go with Kyle Pitts. Now, he'll be on the fifty three, but he may not get a jersey. This week, Kyle Pitts will be in a jersey. And you know it's a new era in Atlanta. And you don't you don't want to be uh wish I had. You definitely don't want to be fomo with your fear of missing out. Tom, go ahead and let's let's sneak cow Pits.
Speaker 3: In the lineup.
Speaker 1: Longtime viewers of the show thought there was no way Bulky would be able to sneak in Irv Smith.
Speaker 4: Onto the hill, but it happened.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about the Jets here, Farrell and I might be reaching on this, but I think you know in the championship round, you want to make sure all bases are covered. Zach Rosenblatt reported today of I believe for the athletic that Brees Hall is no longer on the injury report. He is going to play Week sixteen against the Rams. This is the first time in a few weeks that he's been off the injury report entirely, so makes it feel good about his injury status. However, in his stead and when he hasn't been healthy and when he hasn't been playing, Braylon Allen and Isaiah Davis have made some waves, especially Isaiah Davis, who's been scoring touchdowns for the Jets this year.
Speaker 4: Last week nine.
Speaker 1: Carries thirty yards for Breese Hall, he only caught two passes. I would expect more from him this week, Farrell, But for the people who do have Breis Hall and I brought this up on Fantasy Mojo's website because I know you're gonna ask me this. You're gonna tell me, Bulky, nobody who has Brice Hall is in the championship round.
Speaker 4: It's just it's not possible.
Speaker 1: And while you are close to being right when you hypothetically said that to me, but you did it in the main event. He has only owned in seven percent of Championship round teams. In the Fantasy Pros Championship owned on just six percent of those Championship round teams. For the people who have Brice Hall this weekend, do they need to think twice before locking him into their lineups? Do they need to just make absolutely sure that he is the better call over some of these other running backs that might provide that you might have on the same team as Brice Hall that might actually be better plays than him. Rico Dowdell, Chuba Hubbard, you know, Jerome Ford, Tony Pollard, all players that were drafted after Bres Hall, All players that could have better weeks than him this week? How long and hard are you thinking about starting Hall at home against the Rams in Week sixteen?
Speaker 5: If I'm one of those six or seven percent of teams, I figured out a way to get there without Haul, and I'm going to keep my hut hands in a lineup that would be. That would because the first round pick, and don't you think your first round pick? So he was he was their guy and they figured out a way to make there without him, and good for them. So they've had somebody that that's going to contribute better than all and be a safer play. So I will continue to.
Speaker 1: Have so here. I was thinking I was the crazy one for even suggesting that Briest Hall should not be in lineups. And you're saying, like, yeah, Balky, he should not be in lineups this week. If you made it this far without him, you you clearly have better options you you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there there is Alvin Kamara. If if album was one of your running backs and you had to start Hall, that might make sense. Pollard is is you don't have spears. There's there's situations that could get there. But those teams are so good that they've probably got those situations well in hand. And I would I would guess you know, it would be it would be fun to look at those teams and just see how many of them drafted heavy running back.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, for sure, heavy running back. This I wish I would have done heavy running back this year.
Speaker 5: Everybody does, and except in August. In July, the nobody does. No I did. But now now.
Speaker 4: It's different, it's a different story.
Speaker 1: The Cleveland Browns have made an unfortunate switch at quarterback for fantasy players this week. This is the week we're all waiting for Jameis Winston against the sorry excuse of a defense that the Bengals have. The total would have been they couldn't have set the total high enough in this game. Six sixty three would have been too low. So so now it's Dorian Thompson Robinson, and I get what Cleveland's doing here. I don't know if they necessarily think Winston is figuring into their few your plans at all. I think that the ownership coaching staff probably thinks that they can still make and form a future NFL backup, at least in Dorian Thompson Robinson, whose numbers have been dreadful at this level so far in his career. However, this is about the softest spot you could pick to bring him in, and this is a way to build his confidence. We have to deal with it as fantasy owners. I want to ask you about David and Joku. He is questionable for this game against the Bengals. Limited practice today. That was the only practice he had all week. When you think about David and Joku and tight end premium scoring, if this dude is active and he's catching passes from DTR Pharrell, are you still finding him a way to wedge him into your lineup.
Speaker 5: I'm not the best to ask this question, Balki. I would throw it back to you. I've never been in Joku fantasy player. A fan of him as a fantasy player. I'm a big fan of the athlete, and I love watching him play, but I just don't fall for enough enough targets, enough play enough offense. And you know, when Jamis came in, I thought, well, maybe he'll be a different kind of fantasy player, and in some weeks he certainly has. Let's go back to the quarterback and we say why this can happen when you margin when you put together a team that's operating in the margins, and you know they've lived with this young quarterback. He's been in the meeting rooms, he's been in the preseason. Our team's not going anywhere. We know what we've got in Jamis. Let's give this guy a chance. To play. You're right, they picked a place for him to play that should be a soft opportunity for him, and he has not played well, and so you know, I hope he's made strides. He's had a whole year to prepare running that scout team, and you know, sometimes it takes players a long time to get it. Maybe now, maybe now he's soaked up whatever knowledge there is in the quarterback room in Cleveland and is ready to give it a role to be a pro.
Speaker 1: I think that'll be something that we're watching very closely this week. Maybe not necessarily for the development of DTR but Jerry Judy, Elijah Moore, Cedric Tillman, potentially in David and Joku who by the way, since you threw it back at me, yeah, I'm benching him this week. I don't like him even in tight end premium scoring. I don't like him at all. I have very little faith that he is gonna even you know, catch a pass in the end zone or happen to catch a pass in the end zone. I just I think there are better options out there, especially in the championship.
Speaker 5: He's fantasy green, eggs and ham to.
Speaker 1: Me, Yeah, that's and and and I would not eat him uh in in Cleveland. I would not eat him in Cleveland with dtr throwing to him. No, I would not Bulky. I am. Last thing I want to get to before we bring on Tommy Harron is the Falcons making a quarterback change this week? Well, speaking of a soft spot, they get the Giants this week. Mark Rimondi, who covers the NFL for ESPN, says the chances that Kirk Cousins returns to the Falcons next year is a backup seems slim. They could say cap space by trading him, but they are taking on either a sixty five million dollar cap hit next year or a forty million dollar cap hit in twenty twenty five and twenty million in twenty twenty six if he's a post June first release. So this genius. You know all these people that were saying, oh, it's so genius to sign Cousins and draft Pennix, I think once this cap hit hits, those people might have a different take on this whole situation here. So you talk about Cousins going to the bench. I think I'll ask you this because I want to make sure I'm right in thinking this seems like a permanent thing. I don't think they go back to Cousins anymore this year. I don't think they go back to Cousins next year. I think this is Michael Penix's team going forward. So what do you think, How does that change Drake Lennon, How does that change Kyle Pitts? How does that change Jon Robinson, Darnell Mooney, so on and so forth. Is it significant? Is there no change for you in the way you're treating these guys in your lineups this week? Pharrel?
Speaker 5: It is significant in the fact that Cousins has played so poorly and sometimes the players just hit the wall. He was injured. There were people that we talked to it planned in Hollywood and sometimes in the show leading up to our live draft there people would say, I'm just not sure Cousins is healthy. It looks like he's had some reoccurrence of his issues, and you know, the throwing motion is off and it's just it's just bad. So yes, this is very much an upgrade from a The fact we won't see Cousins again is if he's injured, a lot of this contract they'll have to cover if they let him go. It's about one hundred million dollar hit total. But that's worse than having to That's not as bad as having to cover this full tracked if he if he is injured. So uh, I think it's pastime for Pinis and and uh I'm interested to see what he does. Uh. You know, we've had the Pitts conversation last week, Drake London. We have to buy into the fact that this is a pro receiver, one of the best receivers in the game. So let's let's don't bench him. Mooney has got to get open underneath. I think this player, Pinis will be able to extend the plays and run around, which is is something the offensive line, especially since they're they're calling these uh the legal receivers downfield. They're gonna or I legal player downfield. They're gonna have to get away. Uh, They're they're gonna have to get in their heads a completely different play style. But I think the receivers will welcome it. I think everyone there is. Uh. I think from a fantasy standpoint, let's stick with your guys and you, as a fantasy player, there's no advice we can give you. Pits. You've either decided to live with it or not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. Nothing we are saying on the show tonight is going to change your mind on what you're doing with Kyle Pitts.
Speaker 5: Yeah, don't. If you've been relying on Mooney and god knows you've been relying on London, don't mine them just because this quarterbacks.
Speaker 1: Right exactly. I am with you one hundred percent. I don't think this if it's a downgrade, it's it's marginal. I think there's there's so much more upside. I'm much more excited about these guys in Atlanta as I am than I was with with Kirk Cousins. Let's talk about our guest tonight and bring him on and see what he thinks about this situation and so much more. He's been on this program before. You probably remember him. He is a twelve time former FFPC League Champion in pursuit of a pair of million dollar grand prizes in both the FFPC Main Event and the Fantasy Pro Championship, and in the thick of it in the KFFSC main event as well. You follow him on the X at Tommy Island sixty nine. Please welcome back onto the show, mister Tommy, her and Tommy welcome in season's greetings and thanks for hopping aboard tonight.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 3: Hey, hey, hey, happy holidays.
Speaker 1: How are you?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 5: Oh God, look at that. That's not hair tonic bulk. That's the real stuff. Back there, let's see Jamison done right over Tommy's Uh, we got.
Speaker 1: Makers mark back there.
Speaker 5: That there's back there?
Speaker 6: You know, you know, Jeff, you got me a little Sinatra back there?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, there you go.
Speaker 4: Do I see a whistle pig? Or am I seeing things?
Speaker 3: Angel?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Angels envy? Yeah, there you go. Okay, fantastic. Okay, So now we got the bourbon discussion out of the way that night, let's get into the fantasy football conversation. Tommy, I went through some of your teams. I don't know, you know some of these players that you own on a lot of teams. I don't know how many of you of them you own on teams that are doing very very well in ore are in pursuit of this million dollar grand prior. But a lot of these questions tonight are going to be about players that you've either drafted or acquired. And two of the tight ends that I noticed you had on a bunch of teams are playing each other on Sunday Night Football. Now in the ff PC, maybe you start both of these guys. But if you only have one roster spot, who are you playing this week? Is it Jake Ferguson hosting the Buccaneers or is it Kate Aughton? Might be a game time call on the road at Dallas.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, it's uh, it's foggy and and regardless of and I love Aughton, Aughton is uh those couple of weeks that he gave has been worth every ounce you can share that I got of him this year, so because he's ever delivered. But it is Ferguson this week. The matchup against Tampa Bay, Tampa's Tampa's not good against the tight ends, so that's a great matchup for ferg even with Cooper cup So and then throw in the Outton's probably not gonna play. So it's an easy decision for me.
Speaker 5: That is an easy decision. It's not such an easy decision in Tennessee unless they tell us Pollard is headed to the bench, and then he might he might not play. Taj Spears that answered the bell and provided everyone that has been speaking of him in positive light, provided all of them validation. What are you doing if you have Pollard in Spears, and how strong is your belief in Spears? What we saw last week is what we can count on hopefully.
Speaker 3: Look, Spears is the guy that I've been back and forth or I've been in on for a long time, but obviously this year has been kind of a dud. He's lessen skid marks out there along the way because he hasn't produced, he hasn't been out there. He showed so much last week I'm considered playing it, considering playing him over Nasea Harrison. That's what I'll tell you. So to put that perspective to me. If Pollard's in, I think he's a he's a flex option. If Pollard's out, he's a solid running back too. He's and and and honestly, I think he's like a poor man's Chase Brown. And yeah, by that means of my comparing him to Chase Brown, what I'm saying is explosive and he can make big plays. And uh, because Chase Brown is one of my favorite players this year and one of my m VP's and the faces.
Speaker 5: Well my fantasy play Tommy. I really thought that I had possession of the term poor man's player. I thought, if anybody's going to use that, that's what it should be me, because I, oh, yeah, but you're not a poor man. So I got a lot of a lot of poor you know, walk, He's gonna now ask you for a player. We have to talk about this player every week, and this is the poorest man's player.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, balking, Well, okay, so he's in a poor situation right now. Definitely, the New Orleans Saints, I believe, are holding open tryouts before they head on up to Lambeau Field because they need warm bodies. Now. One of these guys that is probably going to be starting for him, I believe, and Tom Smith is all over this in the YouTube jet. I do believe Alvin Kavera has already been ruled out this week, so you would think Kendra Miller is going to be starting for the Saints at Lambeau on Monday Night football. The reason I bring him up is because we have seen flashes from him before. We know that the Rizzler himself, Darren Rizzy, the new head coach, where the interim head coach of the Saints likes him a whole hell of a lot more than Dennis Allen did. And now this could be a potential for him to break out. The Packers Dboa for their defense has been in the top ten over the last month or so, so it's not the greatest matchup. It's definitely a negative game script. However, if Spencer Ratler is checking the ball down to Miller, he could ppr himself into a decent week this week. I think we have to start talking about Kendre Miller as potentially a second running back or a flex. I'm gonna throw him out there and pit him against Ramandre Stevenson, who's taking on the Bills, and again another negative game script for Stevenson as their two touchdown underdogs to the Bills. Who would you rather play between Miller and Stevenson this week?
Speaker 3: Tommy, So I'm playing. I'm playing Remondre. And look, Buffalo has been Buffalo has not been good defensively, and we know that they might fix that, but they've been they haven't been good versus the run. And you know you wouldn't You wouldn't know that. You think about the Bills, you think they're great against the they're great defensively, and they're not. So I'm playing playing Remondre, but I think Kendre is still a good option. If you have him, you play him. Don't forget about Jamal fil Williams.
Speaker 7: Who's always around like he's gonna look, he's what's gonna happen is it's he's gonna get those passes and he's gonna catch you know, five for thirty two.
Speaker 3: And he's gonna you know, he's gonna get them down to the get them down to the red zone and then Jamalfa's gonna come in if they score, and it's gonna be him, or it's gonna be Spencer Rattler getting the touchdown. So anyway, that's uh. But but I don't think Hendred's a bad play.
Speaker 5: To all there is in New England. Through all the darkness of the New England season and Stevenson's poor yards per carry, there's still moments of brightness that this quarterback brings to this offense. And that that's I agree with you tell me. And it's it against Buffalo. They're gonna be chasing and trying to put you know, trying to move the stakes anyway they can't im.
Speaker 3: It might not be Gibbs, I mean, get you know, I know there's a lot of back and forth. Well is this Gibson week? But every time Gibson has a chance to step forward, like he does something one week and then yeah that's what.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm not going to fall with the banana, the tailpipe.
Speaker 5: You know, the bunk. He's talking about you chasing two million dollar prizes. But I know there's nothing you're more excited about in your first place k Consolation League team.
Speaker 3: Draft drafted that team right beside our man here that that was?
Speaker 1: Was that? Okay? So I don't think I made the playoffs in that league either, So I don't we just got.
Speaker 3: To no, I cha, yeah we were. I started. I think I started five on four and my team got good at the end. But yeah, I was. Anyway, everyone, I'm late your consolation though, right.
Speaker 5: Yes, you're You're in first place and everybody wants you are you should begin to consider yourself consoled, Tommy, And it's everybody wants that comes to the event, wants to draft next to Balkey. Here at our super Sunday Sweet Sixteens that we have coming up, Scott Christian and James Hicks, friends of the show and participants and friends of the league are asking for their entry back in case Balky for some reason does not show, run in his stead if he doesn't show.
Speaker 4: So I just I just looked it up.
Speaker 1: In that league, Tommy, you and I finished with identical six and five records. However, you outscored me about what one hundred and seventy five points on the season.
Speaker 5: But you know it's six and five. Both you guys should end up in the Gator Bowl. So let me ask you that Christian Watson and Tankdale, Christian Watson in Tankdale? Which one is the start Tank Dale in Kansas City. I kind of field Tank Dell, but I'm more interested in what you're gonna tell us.
Speaker 3: Well, you know what, this is what we're gonna do this weekend. You're gonna go out with Skankdale, and I'm gonna go out with Kristen Watson. It's Kristin Watson. He's playing. Look, he's got the New Orleans Saints who give up the deep ball. I think I like Christian Watson this week. I can see one big touchdown maybe hope I want Eve to curse it. I know there's a Green Bay fan on the on the sky with us, so I know I think this is a really good setup for Kristan Watson and you know and Tankdale. Look, he's what you're gonna get with with Kansas City and Houston is a better pass rush. They got good, They got better last week again because I know Kansas City have been given up versus the wide receiver a better pass rush that they showed last week, and I don't see that. Look it's Nico Collins's team. As a wide receiver, I think Kristin Watson, Christa Watson's a at least at least two steps ahead.
Speaker 5: I can buy that. And you know, I'm running into a lot of fantasy players that shake their head. They say I'm never drafting a packer receiver again. Balkey would saying that's a big mistake. Balkey was on another pack of receiver.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't say it's a big mistake.
Speaker 5: But if I look at that talent with Christian Watson, and I hope everyone says that because if he continues to slide, or if that is the prevailing draft attitude of the competition, next year, Christian Watson will be on all my teams. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think you bring up a good point, Ferrell, because I think the narrative next year and we've seen it this year. When all these guys are healthy at the same time, very difficult to predict who's going to have that that big week. I don't and they have by and large, you know, I know there's been a couple of games here or there, but by and large, Watson is not missed any time. Right, Dobbs got suspended, he was in the concussion protocol, so he missed a couple of games. Wicks has been out there the whole time, Jayden Reid's been out there the whole time. Tucker Kraft look at the ascendants that he's had, So when they are all healthy, yeah, it's tough to predict. I don't know if that happens two years in rown't. I mean, we see a lot of regression on the meet with these with these injuries. And I'll just say this, I don't finish a point with this. If that to what you're saying, Pharaoh, if that is how everybody is treating packers' receivers next year, then yes, I will be grabbing Dobbs.
Speaker 4: I will be grabbing Watson if they slide too far.
Speaker 1: Because when the their teammates missed time or whatever, all of a sudden, these guys go for being drafted as the fiftieth forty fifth receiver off the board to potentially being a top twenty or a top twenty five play on any and.
Speaker 5: I appreciate I appreciate your input there because really all I have to talk about is next year. Carry on with a new question.
Speaker 3: So listen one more Christian wat Watson also has a like his sailing. We've seen what he can like.
Speaker 5: He is a.
Speaker 3: Monster and to me and look to me, that's that's the answer to going back to Tankdale. Love Tankdale, love Tankdale. But guess what it's Krista Watson.
Speaker 1: Yeah. He's got the higher ceiling and obviously big plays I mean, and he's not dropping passes this I think he's dropped one pass all year. He's been phenomenal throughout the Niners game because the Packers really dominated that from the get go.
Speaker 4: Watson put up point four that game. He had four rushing yards.
Speaker 1: That was it. But out of those other four games since the buye, one hundred and fifty yards sixty seven yards, one hundred and fourteen yards, fifty six yards hasn't gotten into the end zone. But you can tell how much he is being used two hundred yard games. That's something in the last five weeks. That's something a lot of the receivers can't say right now, and you can't say it about Watson. It comes on to Watson Ordell. This week, I'm with Tommy Harron. I will join you at Tommy Island and say that it is Watson over or tinked up. Let's do this. I want to go to Tom Smith. He's been patiently awaiting. Uh, he's got a question. DeVonta Smith or Khalil Shakir. This week, it's DeVonta Smith or Khalil Shakir. That's what he is looking at. Devanta Smith is at Washington. Khalil Shakir is in this. I want to get into the Amari Cooper side of this too. Khalil Shakir is against the Patriots. Tommy. What's happened to Cooper? And since the trade at least the last several weeks. Why is Shakir being the guy that Josh Allen looks at so much more than Amari Cooper?
Speaker 3: Well, I think that you know, obviously, Alan likes to distribute the ball around to a lot of players, and the thing about Shaki, He's always there he's always around. He's always doing the little stuff. He's always Look, if you need a plumber, shak you a lawyer, Kyl Shakir. If you meet somebody to seek Shakir, he's there. He's picking up a block. So that works well when you got a quarterback who distributes the ball well and and nothing against Look Amari Cooper's Look, he's great, but he commands the ball and when he's not commanded. I hate to say this, when he when he's not the guy, he's not the guy, and I mean he's so he doesn't work well in that that situation. So you know, I think you're going to see a game or so. I mean, maybe I make him. You know, I heard what you guys said earlier about him. Maybe I make him my sleeper for this week. I was I was gonna I was gonna say that and say later on that, hey he's my sleeper, but he's not.
Speaker 6: Look, I think Shakiir just he's a better fit in that offense. And I add the chemistry.
Speaker 3: Remember the back end of last year, he was Shakira showed showed out what the last four four games or so, they developed that chemistry.
Speaker 6: It's continued on and nobody else step forward.
Speaker 5: Could you tell us, Balky, like in the last five games, how many how many catches this play is because hey, or what he's averaging? Ope, just to prove Tommy's point of how he comes up and down absolutely, And second to prove Tommy's point. If you want to watch the best Khalil Shakir play ever, the best football player ever, you can go back.
Speaker 8: To his days at Boise State when quarterback drew a pick and he chased down the interceptor and saved the touchdown with a tackle, and it was one of the most impressive football players.
Speaker 5: I've ever seen. I love that guy, football player. You got any numbers there both?
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 1: I have plenty. Actually, this I'm gonna go all the way back to Week seven because this is how press of Shaki has been and how consistent he's been. Seven for sixty five, nine for one hundred and seven, six for fifty, six for fifty eight, eight for seventy, four for thirty five for one hundred and six, last week six for thirty nine, and he's gotten in the end zone four times this year, including each of the last two weeks as well. He gets the Patriots this week. They don't all have to be Spike Week players. Kids. You can plug in a guy Khalil Shakir who's going to get you between fifteen and twenty and you'll be a okay with that, knowing that, yeah, maybe he doesn't have the thirty five point upside forty point upside, that's okay for the record, Tommy, you want to get you on this. To answer Tom's question, would you play Shakir over DeVonta Smith this week?
Speaker 3: I think I think I would. It's very close.
Speaker 6: I mean, I need to think through that because I do like DeVonta Smith.
Speaker 3: I think it's a Barkley week with with with Washington and Philly and and one of those wide receivers is going to eat. But it's not gonna be both this week because they're not gonna leave They're not going to leave Barkley out this week and a little backseat. I mean everybody, Look, everybody was expecting last week for Barkley to have, you know, an NFL record week and everything and and and they've done that last few but guess what it's uh, this is a Barkley week. That's the only reason.
Speaker 5: Okay, Okay, So devant to Smith is proven that he can contribute fantasy wise with all the star power around him in Philadelphia and the AJ Brown at receiver. Now let's go up to Minnesota. Let's let's let's put let's put DeVante Smith up against Jordan Addison, a player that I really don't understand because it didn't have him on any teams. I thought that with Justin Jefferson, it all begins and ends with him. And you know who knew that Sam Darnold was going to be this good. I drafted hive and played him, But I sure didn't expect this. Your thoughts DeVonta Smith, Jordan Addison.
Speaker 3: It's a it's a land to Jordan Addison, and only one reason because of the Barkley piece that I just said. I think it's going to be a little Barkley and you know, can DeVonta Smith and hope he it's a solid for it, but it's uh. Addison was a big play dependent early in the year, and that's where it was very back and forth. He would have, you know, the touchdowns, but it was on very few targets. He's getting targets the last several weeks and he's been a part of the offense, and he's been producing and just watching the game. And for me, it is just watching the game and they're feeding him and now he's getting targets and he's getting touchdowns and big plays.
Speaker 5: Hey, Bunky, Billy Hollywood has gone off tilt here. I think I think it goes into your next question that you're going to ask Tommy, Uh, this is this is wild?
Speaker 3: Or is it?
Speaker 5: You guys figure this one out because this is this is Billy Hollywood.
Speaker 1: Number number one. I don't think it's it's wild to play Wild Mayfield over.
Speaker 4: Jackson, I Ferrell. I'm a weak man. I say it all the time. I wouldn't be able to do it.
Speaker 1: Bill Hollywood is a strong viril individual who's a.
Speaker 5: Strong individual, strong virile.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 5: Billy Yet over here, brother, Yeah, he's William Hollywood.
Speaker 4: He is gonna play Baker Mayfield.
Speaker 1: He thinks he's gonna play Mayfield at Dallas over Lamar Jackson tomorrow, who is hosting the Pittsburgh Steelers. So let's unpack this here. I understand why he is doing this. Stephen Ranigan, a guy who has won more money than God playing in the FFPC over the last ten fifteen years or whatever it's been. I talked with him on Tuesday and he told me that the way this Buccaneers offense is going right now, he thinks its wheels up for everybody. Mayfield, Evans, Irving McMillan, Otton if he plays, which is probably not gonna play. So I get it, and you can get caught up into that. That said, what Jackson does with his legs and what he did last week, I mean, he had a great hit five touchdowns last week. I know it's the Steelers. I know it's a different week. I don't think I could do it. Tommy, Are you playing Baker Mayfield over Lamar Jackson this week?
Speaker 3: Not? And just to put this in perspective, I've got Banker on the backside. I've got six bullets in the Fantasy Prize. Three of my teams have Joe Burrow at quarterback. I've got Baker behind two up. I'm playing Burrow. I'm not playing playing Lamar Jackson. I'm playing Joe Burrow. I'm playing those guys. There's as much as I love Baker Mayfield, I'm not gonna overthink that. I would never forgive myself to sit Lamar Jackson, even if I'm a Steelers fan, and there's no.
Speaker 1: Way I would say too like you think Steelers Ravens. Oh, that's got to be a little scoring game. Totals at forty four and a half. The total on that Cowboys game is forty eight and a half. So I mean, yeah, that's a difference, but it's only four points. And when you consider the difference in quarterbacks at least the talent and the production, I still think I'm going with Lamar Jackson here, we I don't.
Speaker 3: Want I'll also I'll also add on that that game script. Look, what I'll tell you is this, I mean, as much as I want the Steelers to win, it looks like it's a Ravens regardless of the history where the Ravens don't beat the Steelers, this is one of those where it's just that don't have Georgia Pickens.
Speaker 6: I mean, we don't have Georgia Pickens.
Speaker 3: It's not it's not a good, not a good situation.
Speaker 1: And and the Ravens just failed to close teams out. I mean, it's always close in the fourth quarter every single game. And if that's the case, Lamar Jackson is not just gonna be sitting there handing it off to Henry. He's gonna have to make plays in the fourth quarter of this game. So, uh, there's there's that as well.
Speaker 4: Let's do this.
Speaker 1: Paul tischera another former guest of the show, high fellas with a few injuries. My flex is in flux. This is obviously f FPC tight end premium. He's got chigakon Quo, He's got Romeo Dobbs, Jalen McMillan or Kendra Miller. Now, McMillan is a guy that I think is very interesting because he screwed over so many basketball players this year. Because now that he's turning it on all those teams, they didn't advance their out and they're waiting for next year. So Number one, we could talk about McMillan here and why it's taken so long for him to kind of get with it, even after the Chris Godwin injury, which seemed like that happened about seven months ago. Now it seems like it was ago. But who would you play here a con Quo Dobbs, McMillan, or Kendrick Miller. Dobbs and Miller play each other the Packers hosting the Saints on Monday Night a con Quo this week, I believe is that the Colts. I want to say that the Titans are playing, Yeah, the the Titans are in Indianapolis or Conquo's taking on the Colts there. And then Jalen McMillan, as we just discussed Sunday night football in Dallas.
Speaker 3: So for me, I'm looking at I'm looking at Jayleen McMillan and Kendre Miller. I'm probably probably laning Kendrey Miller depending on the situation. I mean, now, Kendrey Miller is going to get the volume, but it's it's a strong plog to Jalen McMillan as well, So the other two are out.
Speaker 6: So for me, it's a coin flip for those I like McMillan coming on.
Speaker 3: You know, I think he's uh, he was. He was a struggle early on. He proved he's I think he scored his first week, right, He scored his first week, proved he had he had a nose for the for the end zone. But he then he dropped the ball. He just didn't look like the right part. And now he's starting to develop. He wasn't a one for one substitution for Godwin because he that wasn't the position. It's not like he was. They groomed him to be the bet that guy, but he also played other positions. I don't think it was that he had in that Autun came in and was very strong for those couple of weeks. Again, I'm gonna give him my uh my m v P for those couple of weeks.
Speaker 6: But now he's catching the ball and he's scoring touchdowns.
Speaker 3: He already had the notes, So so anyway, I'm answering, you know, I'm kind of addressing what you started with talking about, you know, how he started slow. I think he's there now. For me, I lean Kendre Miller, and then second would be McMillan, and then the other two are out.
Speaker 1: I think it comes down to, like, what kind of fantasy player are you? Because I am with you, I narrow it down to Millan and excuse McMillan, Miller and McMillan. I actually lean towards McMillan because of the offense, because I'm very excited to have a Bay offense.
Speaker 4: What they're able to do.
Speaker 1: The implied point total for the Saints this week, by it's forty two and a half. But they're fourteen point dogs, so Vegas is telling us they're only going to score fourteen points, which is really bad. And so but you know, and then you look at the at the Buccaneers. I mean, they're three and a half point favorites in a total of forty eight. So what are they scoring in that game? Like twenty seven points? So that's like two more touchdowns. So yeah, I think I'm gonna go with mcmill in here over Miller Ferrell, Do you have a dog in this fight?
Speaker 5: I really like McMillan and tell me there was great analysis. You know, he's not the physical player that the Godwin is. But yeah, I'm gonna go with McMillan. That's obviously why Billy Hollywood wanted to play Baker in front of Lamar and uh Mikes you know that again? Fix it. I gotta think Billy is overthinking it.
Speaker 1: There, speaking of Bill, Speaking of Bill Hollywood Ferrell, he posted this as well. Oops, that's that's Roger Dobson's comment. Last week, I played golf over Daniels and got lucky. I believe lucky. I believe On this show last week, I said, uh that I would play Jared goff over jadend of course at home, and people called me crazy. Farrell Daniels top three this week? What are you doing talking about playing golf over Daniels? The reason you hold on?
Speaker 5: Hold on?
Speaker 1: Hold on? And I said, I played golf over Daniels. And you know what I did. You know what I did if I couldn't do it, Like I said, I'm a weak guy. I played Daniels over golf and I was so ticked off on it didn't cost me anything big, but we'll we'll find out.
Speaker 5: That was a twenty difference scory.
Speaker 1: It was. It was huge. And this is a message to all of you bullies that hang out on the high stakes Fantasy Football Hour YouTube and and just tell me I'm crazy.
Speaker 4: Well, I listened to you, and now I'm paying.
Speaker 1: The price for it.
Speaker 4: Never again I make a call on this show. I'm going with that call. I don't care to anybody else.
Speaker 5: Yes, damn straight, Balky, you know, okay, Hey Tommy Island, make a call on this, Calvin Ridley or bust. I've been a believer that you have a number one receiver as long as the quarterback can grip a ball and fling it. I'm going to play that number one. You're playing Calvin Ridley this this week.
Speaker 3: Hell, yes, like you're playing You're playing them all day. He's Uh. I think he's re established a very very safe floor since de Hops left.
Speaker 6: I mean, I think he had one little one slippage week, but he's had double digit, double digit weeks. We already know.
Speaker 3: What he can do. We already know his ceilings really high. We've seen those, and we've seen when he goes and I think I think the second week when Rudolph played, he had one of those weeks where he caught of like ten passes and went by you know, he went for like twenty five Fantasy points. So for me, you got to play him. He's at minimum a wide receiver three who can arguably with Rudolph coming in, can be a wide receiver two. And with the with the potential to be a wide receiver one.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 3: You got two weeks of what does he have left? He's got He's got uh, he's got the Colts and Jacksonville left. Giddy up.
Speaker 1: I just I just did look that up, Pharrell of the golf versus Daniels thing from last week. Not only were you dead on that it was a twenty point difference. That's how many places it cost me in the KFFS he made event Championship round. I would be twenty places higher right now if I would have just listened to my own God blessed advice. And that was the easy.
Speaker 5: And that was the we were in agreement, and that was we just pounded on that last week and we went on. I mean that was the easiest.
Speaker 3: Quite. Yeah, I don't have one left in the kff C.
Speaker 6: I'm in the console license. I just remember that.
Speaker 3: I'll rub that.
Speaker 4: No, you're not rubbing it. We're absolutely not.
Speaker 1: I'll have week at any time, anytime we could keep Tommy Herron out of the championship round of anything.
Speaker 4: We count lucky because it just doesn't happen. It just does not happen.
Speaker 1: Let's do a couple of emails here for you, Tommy. First one is from Chuck and Chowmont, New York Trauma. I don't know what's up, Tommy. How do you think Hollywood Brown does on Saturday afternoon? Thank you and thank you Chuck for the email. Hollywood Brown activated off. I R can't imagine that he's going to get a ton of snaps he's going to figure in to the game plan. But I don't know, man, I mean, does this take away from Kelsey? Does it takeaway from Hopkins? What's what's Brown's effect going to be in this game?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I don't think. I think he's another piece in the whole puzzle. I mean I don't. I don't think it takes away from any of the other I mean we're talking about how that distributed. You're talking about players like Noah Brown, Noah Gray. What's maybe Noah Gray catches two less passes, maybe Justin Watson doesn't catch him. I mean, those are those are the people it's going to be. Kelsey's going to catch some passes Worthy, He's gonna get his whatever minimal four touches that he gets that he should be getting more of d hop What is he going to get five to five to seven targets? I mean it's yeah, I mean this this could be a check. Yes.
Speaker 1: The other thing, too, is consider that Mahomes is hobbling around on that high ankle spring too, or what they're telling us is a high ankle sprain. I can't imagine that Brown's speed is going to be exploited this game because the ball is going to get out of Mahomes hands so fast tomorrow. I just I don't see him having a big impact on the game and as a result, not having a big impact on the numbers for Kelsey and hop on Age. One more email here for you, Andrew in Worthington, Ohio, Happy Holidays. Is Patrick Taylor anything more than a desperation start this weekend? Tommy? That is Andrew in Worthington, Ohio. Look, this is like, there what nineteenth twentieth string running back? The Niners running back is now officially the spinal tap drummer of the NFL and Fantasy football this year.
Speaker 4: It's insane. Patrick Taylor is going to be the starter.
Speaker 1: Patrick Taylor for the forty nine Ers is battling the Miami Dolphins in South Beach this week in the late window. How do you feel about Taylor in Week sixteen?
Speaker 6: Man, this is great, This's the perfect question.
Speaker 3: I've actually got a situation where I've and this is one that's in the big that's in the Fantasy pros Championship, one of my six bullets, and I lost Dobbins, I've got Bijon, I lost Dobbins, I lost Chubb and have been making do at number two running back. I'm considering Rowland Patrick Taylor out and I'm good with it because whoever's been the number one Shanahan, when he goes with the number one, he goes with the number one. He doesn't he doesn't do the running back by committee. He just runs with it. So if that's him, he's he's good for a you know, good ten points with the potential to do a little better than that. And if he gets in the end zone, he's got a fifteen point. A bona conda is there. But are they really going to put a bona conda and give him the ball if he gets the hot hand? I guess, but that'd be the only way. Patrick Taylor is the next guy up. Everybody's done it so far. Five running backs, and every one of them is produced.
Speaker 5: If you if you have to buy into a front office that can put together a group of running backs, here's where you should buy it. And you just say, yeah, okay, wrong yet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hold your nose and put him in the lineup.
Speaker 1: And I am fresh out of emails, Pharaoh. We have one final question thover tw.
Speaker 5: Oh help us out, brother, help us out. We need a Sleeper, and you've given us some great ones already. We need one more than we haven't talked about. And then who is that guy? You know, we all shoot ourselves in the foot Fulky with binging golf Bill Hollywood talking about putting Lamar on the bench. We all shoot ourselves in the foot. But who is that guy that's gonna shoot make everyone look like they shot themselves in the foot. He's going to be on your bench because you're not playing any other FFPC players will make that mistake.
Speaker 3: So so first of all, you already, uh my sleeper is Amari Cooper. I'm joking. I'm joking because of what uh actually already said by Sleeper earlier. It's Jacoby Myers is Jack Myers. Put him in with Broccoli Bowers and there I'm playing my best my best Fantasy Pro team. I've got them both in my lineup and I'm rolling it and great matchup. There's I mean, and what DeVante Adams did last week? DeVante Adams blow, I mean, I can just I can I can just place if I can place Jakobe Myris in that posit, that same that same set, that that same situation, just put a different Jersey on them, and I would be very happy. I also would love to see neighbors McBride, Gibbs, Cuba blow up. Those are my guys that I think are gonna blow up this week. But my disappointments and I don't have I've got a couple of two of these guys, but I got three of them that I'm gonna tell you. Juwan Jenny's I think going against Miami. You know he's he's a arguably a wide receiver one wide receiver, two rings. I don't I can see him having a dud this week. Jerry Judy for obvious reasons because of DTR and then Naja Harris, which I know that's kind of one that he's He's you know, is he and everybody's lineup? Maybe not, but I'm benching him. I'm not playing him, but there's a lot of people that are going to probably be playing him because it's not like running backs that date this year.
Speaker 6: So the ones that I'm standway.
Speaker 1: From, Yeah, I love that makes pretty ut sense to me.
Speaker 5: It's a tremendous answer.
Speaker 4: And just regarding the Harris thing, Warren is really starting to come.
Speaker 5: Into his own.
Speaker 1: He's being more involved in that offense at the expensive of Najee Harris. We will never do anything on this show to be at the expense of having the great Tommy Island on this program. Tommy Herron, Ladies and gentlemen, the twelve time f FPC League winner, a guy who is searching for a pair of seven figure grand prizes this year in the FFPC, and a guy can't wait to hang out with again in Louisville very soon. Tommy, Thank you so much. We will continue to follow you on the X at Tommy Island sixty nine. Be good, hopefully the bounces your way in week sixteen. And a very Merry Christmas to you and yours.
Speaker 5: Super Sunday weekend, Tommy Island, I got something We're going to add to that liquor shehef back there.
Speaker 1: So there we go. Thank you, Tommy.
Speaker 3: Talk to you, gentlemen, Take care of happy holidays.
Speaker 4: Take care so much, absolutely Tommy Herron.
Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen hopping aboard tonight on the High Stakes Fantasy Football are always good to hang out with him, talk with.
Speaker 5: Him, talk a great year he's having.
Speaker 1: He is and he would tell you he is not because he is not. He's He's in the championship round of the Fantasy Pro Championship of the FFPC main event, but not of the Kentucky Fantasy Football State Championship, which is the most desirable trophy that you want to get.
Speaker 5: He was coming and scouting it out last year and he was having a very good time, and he used the league to prep for his draft in the FFPC, and I think you will. I think he's coming super Sunday, and I think he will also expand his territory with us.
Speaker 9: But you know, doesn't matter how much he does, if he does a little or a lot, you always know that Tommy isl in his room and he's always high energy and a pleasure to be around for everybody there.
Speaker 1: I do remember him in between drafts after we had drafted Saturday morning together, he was in an FFPC, a main event draft online before he drafted again Saturday afternoon in Kentucky. So he was all business that had a great time, and I had a great time with him. To look forward to doing that again sometime real soon. Parah, Let's get to some emails here, Okay, Joe in Midland, Texas? How crazy am I for thinking about starting Brenton Strange over Travis Kelcey this week. Thanks guys, That is Joe in Midland, Texas. Now, farah, far be it for me to call anybody crazy on the show, especially after you're talking about starting a guy who caught eleven passes for seventy three yards last week after Evan Ingram went down. This is a guy that I mean you think about per Permar's been talking about bretton Strange.
Speaker 4: It's like week five. It seems like on this show he showed out.
Speaker 1: We know that there are a lot of talented players pass catchers on Kansas City's team.
Speaker 4: But the thing is, this week, I think it's gonna be a huge Kelsey week.
Speaker 1: I think he is going to be featured by Mahomes getting the ball out over and over again. This could be like a thirteen fourteen catch performance from Kelsey. You're not crazy to think about starting Strange over Kelsey. I wouldn't do it, though I'm playing Kelsey here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're a little crazy there. Brother, Let's just not do that. Let's put Travis Kelsey out there. You know, uh, you got those those notions of playing bretton Strange. You just gotta shake it off.
Speaker 1: The nice I see what you did there. Took me a little bit. Yes, welcome to New York, Bulky. No, I'm just kidding. Jaden Daniels or Baker Mayfield is the next question here that we have. This is from uh who is this? John man Cato, Minnesota. Would you guys bench Jayden Daniels again the Eagles in favor of Baker Mayfield at Dallas. So we had this question earlier with Mayfield versus Lamar Jackson. Jaden Daniels is really good. He's not Lamar Jackson, Ferrell. Would you be doing it?
Speaker 3: That?
Speaker 4: Would you be playing Mayfield over Jaden Daniels?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: And what a great matchup of what a great combo quarterback? Tell a your team. Great respect for Baker Mayfield, one of the big What I saw him do with his legs in the last game, fascinating. He's really got No, let's start Daniels. But I'm biased here, Balky, and I'll better throw this back to you because I've never started Baker Mayfield and got positive scoring out of it. So I'm biased because i feel like, yeah, I'll start Baker Mayfield. Then I'm telling you the emailer that it's going to be a disaster. So I'm just gonna.
Speaker 4: Say I would say Daniels as well.
Speaker 1: I think that the game script for that for that Eagles game, I think is going to work in daniels favor.
Speaker 4: He is still running a lot. I know.
Speaker 1: I've talked about how much I love the Buccaneers, and I feel like every single time we bring up somebody versus Mayfield, I'm picking the other guy.
Speaker 4: I think Mayfield's gonna have a good week.
Speaker 1: I have him in a couple of leagues, and in those leagues, I'm starting him for sure this week.
Speaker 4: So I think he's gonna be good. I just think Daniels is gonna be a little bit better my own.
Speaker 5: Hey, the only thing that I got right last week was Rashawn White, by the way. So but Baker Mayfield. My compliment and ode to Baker Mayfield is this, I want to draft a lot of bucks next year.
Speaker 1: Oh for sure. Absolutely.
Speaker 4: You know there's people nervous about it.
Speaker 1: When Dave Canalis decided to leave the OC job in Tampa for the head coaching job in Carolina, and I think I can't remember if this was it was Scott Bairt or Fio Gremager or somebody who's talking about it this week? Like you can make the argument the Buccaneers offense has been better and more explosive since Canallis left and Liam Cohen has taken over play calling duty, So there is something there and if they keep that together, they keep the band back together. In twenty twenty five, I'm with you, Farrell, drafting a lot of Buccaneers Jerome Ford or Brian Robinson. This is Steve and Southfield, Michigan's question happy Championship Round, Fellas is Jerome Ford's defensive matchup enough for me to play him over Brian Robinson versus that tough Philly Rushdie Merry Christmas guys that is Steven Southfield Michigan. This is interesting, Farrell, because both of these guys should get a lot of volume, but Ford is going against the much more good offense our defense.
Speaker 4: I beg your pardon. I would actually lean forward here. I would play Ford over Robinson.
Speaker 5: It's difficult for me to want to do anything with that team, but yes, Ford over Robinson here, and this is the one that I would probably change back to Robinson at twelve forty five.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thank you for reminding me of that.
Speaker 1: One of my Finer moments from twenty twenty four.
Speaker 5: Finally, mister Banks a lot as a player.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, here we go.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's got a question. Yeah, I want to answer that question because I want to. I want to help Banks out a little bit best I can. But here's a player who we haven't mentioned on the show. If we have mentioned him, it's been in some sort of derision. Ray Ray McLeod and Christian Watson would be my answer, Buckie, you might wish to ask the question.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so he has to start two of these players. They're all receivers. It's going to be Ray Ray McLeod at home against the Giants. Maccollins. Who is that game at the Patriots or is that in Buffalo?
Speaker 5: Not sure?
Speaker 1: Okay, it may not matter for how I'm going to answer this question anyway, but mac collins is another choice. Kendrick Bourne against Buffalo or Christian Watson at home against New Orleans. I am going to say Watson here for sure, And I can't really make a good case for Hollins. I definitely can't make you know. The case for Born is on. New England's gonna be down, They're gonna be throwing a ton. But I think Ray Ray McCloud, even though it's penix, I'm still kind of intrigued of what that could be. So if you're looking for maybe somewhat of a floor, then maybe it's born in Watson. But I like to play fantasy football and have fun with it, So give me the cloud and Watson here is that what you said?
Speaker 4: Watson? And McLeod Yeah, and McLeod.
Speaker 5: Is is here's a comment about checkdowns. McLeod is more than that, and he is. He's proven that this year. I'll checked it the other day. Hell, he's got more yards in Deebo Samuel this year, and you're right in Deebo Samuel every week. I just I think that he'll be part of where this young quarterback is going. And I think they probably worked closely together in camp and throughout the season. And yeah, Ray raised my guy.
Speaker 1: I want to leave everybody with this final email here from Tim and Columbia South Carolina, Dear Ferrell and Balkey. With the quarterback change in Cleveland, is DK Metcalf the guy I have to play over Jerry Judy. Now, DK Metcalf going up against the Minnesota Vikings this week, and obviously Jerry Judy. Catching passes from Dorian Thompson Robinson is a far cry from catching passes from Jamis Winston. So if those are your two choices, if it's Metcalf, and if you know, even with Metcalf kind of taking a back seat to Jackson Smith and Jigba this season, at least the second half of the season, I think he's a better play than Judy this week. Who is like, is he leading the NFL and receiving yardage right now? Ferrell? If he's not leading, he's got to be top three.
Speaker 4: I'm saying Metcalf over Judy.
Speaker 1: What say you?
Speaker 5: Metcalf is due to have a game now? It just what does that mean you a player of that caliber. You just can't see him stringing consistent poor games fantasy games together. I don't know if they've been poor in fill games. I haven't got to watch Seattle as much as I would like, but his production is trailing and you just don't expect to see that. So I don't think it's much of a gamble to go with Metcalf because that catch radius, that speed, that strength and separation, it's all still there with that player.
Speaker 1: I want to thank you for all your work throughout the season. We're going to do this again next week as well, but Farrell, thank you so much for hopping aboard KFFTC dot com. The Super Sunday is what you want to check out. There leaves filling up and you definitely want to be drafting in person and hanging out for the super Bowl party.
Speaker 4: Can we say super Bowl party? I think we can.
Speaker 1: We think that on a podcast, but you can watch the Super Bowl live at Caesars in Southern Indiana. That is going to be a fantastic, fantastic party. As always, Thank you so much, my friend. A warm wishes go to you and yours and I'm very merry Christmas to you up this Wednesday as well. We'll do this show again on Friday.
Speaker 5: Thank you, sir.
Speaker 1: So the that is Ferrell Elliott, the definitive Commissioner of Fantasy Football, hopping aboard to keep me company and teach me some stuff and just being a guy that we can rap with and hang out with on Friday nights.
Speaker 5: We love it.
Speaker 1: Mister Banks a lot also says thanks homie, Ferrell is the goat.
Speaker 4: Do I have to be in Kentucky to join the league? Oh, my friend, you do not u.
Speaker 1: The KFFFC used to just be a Kentucky thing, and then it turned into a regional thing, and then it turned into a national thing. Now it's an international thing. So yeah, people are coming in from all over. You can either drive, draft live or draft live in person or online, but we always encourage you to come to Kentucky a couple of weeks before you head out to Vegas.
Speaker 4: For sure, mister banks a lot.
Speaker 1: It is so much more fun, as Tommy Heron can tell you after he had his first KFFSC experience last year. I want to thank Tommy Heron for coming on, Farrell Elliott, the FFPC, Rob Bryce, and of course each and every one of you. We will be back next Friday, December twenty seventh at ten pm Eastern Time for our final show of twenty twenty four and a preview of Week seventeen where all the Magic happens. In case you missed this past week's I wrote of his high Stakes load on. I talked to former five hundred thousand dollars champions Stephen Ranagan the road of his High Stikes load on this past Tuesday. You can watch it on any of the FFPC socials. Or listen to it on the road of his podcast feed as well. Lowdown will be back not Tuesday because it's Christmas Eve, so I've moved the show to next Friday at eight pm Eastern Times. Seven time FFPC League winner Rob Linkowski will join me, so you get two shows on Friday. You get me and Rob coming up at eight o'clock and then Farrell and I at ten o'clock that night, so that'll be a lot of fun. In case you missed last night's high stakes Fantasy football show on the Better Sports Network, Doug Orth from Fantasy Points and Fantasy Football Today co hosted with me great two hours of knowledge and fun that we had.
Speaker 4: You can watch that back again on any of.
Speaker 1: The FFPC socials or the Better Sports Network Socials Better Sports Network YouTube as well. The HSFF show will be back this coming Thursday, the twenty six Roto Ballers. Ryan Goodman will co host with me as we do the final Thursday Night Thursday night football pregame show of the season. I think it's the Bears next week, and god, I can't remember the other team helped me out in the chat room who the Bears are playing. I know it's the Bears on Thursday Night Football. It's the Seahawks, the Seahawks and Bears, so we will go for two hours and lead you almost all the way up till halftime of that game on Thursday. So that's what's going on there. Play the FFPC Weekly Challenge, Play the FFPC Playoff Challenge. You can register now at myffpc dot com. Remember, thirty five dollars can get you in the running for one hundred grand. Two hundred dollars gets you in the running for five hundred thousand dollars in the FFPC Playoff Challenge. Seems early because the lineups will lock three hours sooner than they did last year.
Speaker 4: I know a lot of you like to wait till the last minute. The last minute has been moved up a good three three and a half hours this year, so make sure you're taking care of that right now at myffpc dot com. Remember to light this video, subscribe to the channel, comment on the video, share with your friends, share with your enemies, and get notified each and every time we go live. Oinker says, good night, and of course I will tell you that your holiday weekend officially starts now.
Speaker 2: This has been another episode of the hot Stakes Fatasley Football Hour, presented by my ffpc dot com. It was broadcast live and was watched around the world. Bulky and Farrell will be back next week with more analysis, more interviews, add more advice from guests much smarter than they are. Thanks for watching, and we'll talk with you again next week.
Speaker 1: One other thing I want to bring up before we sign off tonight. I know twenty twenty four may have not been the easiest year for many of you for different reasons. It was not easy for Farah, it was not easy for me as we both lost loved ones this past year. It will be weird and special this year as we celebrate the holidays, be thankful for what you have. Celebrate with friends, celebrate with family, and tell the people closest to you that you love them. And celebrate Christmas the best way you can.
Speaker 4: Hopefully the ball bounce is your way in week sixteen. Thanks for watching, everybody. Merry Christmas to all and to all hey, good night.