Speaker 1: It's the final six games of the regular season, and we're joined right now by a man that has had a great regular season with the Dodgers, and that is the one and only Miguel Rojas. Mickey, thanks a lot for the time, appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Thank you, guys, and it's always a pleasure for me to talk to you a little bit about baseball.
Speaker 3: And well, it is actually happened right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right now it's Dodgers Padres. The streets of Los Angeles are buzzing right now about these two teams facing each other. What's the player's feelings about this series?
Speaker 2: Yeah, for us, he's a previous for the playoffs. You know, we know we already in it. But the goal is it remains the same, which is winning the division, and we know that that's that we have ahead. This team has been playing pretty good baseball ever since.
Speaker 3: Mate.
Speaker 2: I think, uh, they're they're being really hot and playing really good baseball. So we gotta take it like like what what it is, you know, a pretty important series and we're ready for it. We've been playing really good baseball as well, and uh, Phil's gonna be a good match.
Speaker 3: Miguel.
Speaker 1: You know when the pod is play you guys, going back to last year and even before you were back with the Dodgers, they seem to get emotionally high. Do you have to match that or do you just have to be or even keel selves.
Speaker 2: I don't really know, and it's really hard to tell you that we need to change our style of playing. You know, they have their own team there that they're pretty emotional and they do things their own way, and we do things a little.
Speaker 3: Bit different on this side. You know, like we we.
Speaker 2: Can't really switch the change that switch from from one day to another. We're going to continue to be ourselves and count on on the baseball that we've been playing. I feel like, uh, the atmosphere, the intensity and knowing that we're getting ready for the playoff, it's going to be what drivers during this series and knowing that this is just going to prepare us to what is coming next, and this is a great opportunity for us to feel what is like a playoff series right before the playoff. I think that's why it's been missing with this team the last couple of years, because it's been like one way in September, you clinch early and then you kind of like roll through September. Winning some games in the regular season, it's never the same that in the playoffs. So for us right now to have this opportunity and the privilege of playing a three game series that matters, I think it's just gonna get us better for what is coming in October.
Speaker 1: I get asked the same questions that you get asked, but I'd love to hear from your perspective. How different does this September feel from a year ago?
Speaker 3: Oh, it feels a lot different.
Speaker 2: Last September, we were just trying to stay healthy, planning on how the five days we're gonna be. You know what we're gonna do in those five days. Right now, we're not thinking about that. We're thinking about putting our best team over there for nine innings and battle and fight for every single win.
Speaker 3: And it haven't been easy.
Speaker 2: You know, even we play the Martlins, we play the Rockies, and it haven't been like an easy game to win.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: It's always being like really close games until like maybe later that we scoll a couple rounds or whatever. But it's been like really intense, and I feel like that's going to help us understanding that every little win that we can get in September is important because our most memory is going to remember that when we play in October, and we're going to have a little bit more of preparation going into what we want to do, which is going deep in the playoffs.
Speaker 1: Miguel Rojas is our guest. He's been one of the steadying forces all season long, going back to spring training. When you look at this season and where you guys are at, are you in a good spot to win this division?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean this is all you can ask for, you know, I'm pretty sure if you ask all the other teams out there, twenty nine of them want to be in the position that the Daughters are right now, best record in baseball. You can ask for anything else than that, you know, like, yeah, obviously we would like to have a better you know, like maybe more wings or whatever.
Speaker 3: But at the end of the day, we have the best record in baseball right now. So feel pretty good about that.
Speaker 2: Feel pretty good about kind of like everybody who has stepping in and the line up when someone is down, you know, Mookie went down for five six weeks, Freddie was out for a couple of weeks. We got a couple of guys that haven't been able to play like they used to, like every single game, and still we have the best record in baseball.
Speaker 3: A couple of pitchers down.
Speaker 2: I think that's that talks a lot about like the organization, the planning, uh, putting everybody on the right place, and obviously, like we gotta count on our big boy.
Speaker 3: You know, show has been He's been amazing for us.
Speaker 2: The Oscar has been like every single day out there, Uh, wheel behind the play is being like every single day that he got to start, he's there.
Speaker 3: So we got a couple of.
Speaker 2: Guys that we kind of like being relying on because they've been there every single day. And I just feel happy that I'm prout of of this group.
Speaker 1: You can add Miguel Rojas's name to that list. I love the celebration you have, by the way, we've seen it a lot recently with all the tiny home runs. I love what you got going here at the end of the line.
Speaker 3: Yeah, at the end of the day.
Speaker 2: I mean it's a long season, you know, Like we spend a lot of days together, almost two hundred and fifty days a year. So for me knowing how special was that day the deco, his dog was in the park and then the little celebration with the dog tongue out. It's been good, and I mean, it's been fun to be part of this amazing and historical season. And I will never forget every time that I watched these pictures.
Speaker 3: I don't know, maybe.
Speaker 2: Twenty years from now or fifty years from now, knowing how special that season was.
Speaker 1: That's amazing that you can have that perspective while you're in it. You're part of history.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I'm not taking for granted, you know, Like I leave a lot of years of my life thinking about what the future is going to be like now I'm finally understanding and realizing the moment Dan, I'm you know. And as soon as I got traded back to the Dodgers last year, I make a promise to myself to enjoy this opportunity a little bit more than the first time because it went by fast. I just I play I make the first playoff, but I didn't enjoy the atmosphere being in this position, playing big series, being part of history and stuff like that. I'm trying to enjoy as much as I can right now because you don't even know when it's going to be the last one, no doubt.
Speaker 1: Miguel, you've been such a big part of this team. Next time we talk, I plan on you being full, wet, full of champagne.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's do it.
Speaker 2: I'm planning on it too, and I mean, I mean you have to drink big and hopefully that's the first one of our couple more that we're going to do during October.
Speaker 3: No doubt.
Speaker 1: Best attitude right there set the tone for the Dodgers today. Miguel Rojas