Speaker 1: Something you should go Something you should know is brought to you by Genesis GOOLDIRA dot com. That is also something you should know. You can put your retirement plan on the gold standard. Genesis Gold Group is the only IRA backed by physical gold and silver. Learn more and get a free gold and Silver guide at Genesis goldra dot com. Excited to visit with Chuck Hayward today, and he's got a film that just came out. It's called Don't Tell Mom the Babysitters Dead. It's a remake of a film from back in the good old days of the nineties. And first of all, Chuck, how you doing?
Speaker 2: Man? Good? All right, man? How are you? John?
Speaker 1: Very good? I watched the trailer for this and it looks fantastic. And this is a remake from like back in the nineties. Were you a big fan of the movie back then?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Man. It played basically on a loop on HBO, so anytime it came on, I was like, Oh, it goes my next hour and a half. I'm sitting down to watch it. And I got a quote lines in the movie. I could any of the songs of the lyrics of the songs they were playing in the background of the movie it was. It was all encompassing.
Speaker 1: Well, and the thing that's fun is it's just such a silly premise for a movie, but it makes for a great movie, doesn't it.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. Man, It's really like, yeah, it's a silly premis, but it's really about like kind of getting to know your siblings better than you have before, and seeing what their skills and their strengths are, and their and their dreams and everything, and just kind of seeing it amy that might be a cool person that I live with instead of an annoying little brat.
Speaker 1: And I grew up with three sisters and two brothers, so I definitely understand exactly what you're saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, And you understand that there's a lot of comedy that comes from putting a bunch of children in the house together. So we really tried to focus on that, like make it the funniest it could be.
Speaker 1: Well, and we never had a babysitter die, but we did have a babysitter leave one time while they were babysitting us, So we all came together really quick after that happened.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was about to say bad he help reviews for that.
Speaker 1: One now in addition to this movie, I want to talk about something else, because you're the producer of ted Lasso and ted Lasso. When that came out, I remember again, I was a big fan of Jason Sadeikis, so I was like, Oh, that's cool, he's got a I'm not a big sports guy, so like, I don't know that I'm really going to like this. Well then I watched it, and I fell in love with ted Lasso, and I fell in love with the whole premise. And I'm still not a big sports guy, but it happens to be about football or soccer, but it just happens to be a really good story about some amazing characters. So awesome job on ted Lasso and all the success. And we've got another season of that coming eventually, don't we.
Speaker 2: It's whispered about, we haven't, there's nothing official yet, all right, fingers are well.
Speaker 1: I'm one who's hoping that that happens, because again, we just fell in love with those characters. And my wife and I were saying, man, how would you do that? Because it ended so perfectly? But you know, I'm sure you'll figure out a way. At least you didn't like kill him off, you know, that makes it a lot tougher.
Speaker 2: It gives us some.
Speaker 1: Leeway, absolutely, And then Wanda Vision is another one that has done very very well. So you've had a chance to be a part of some really big things. What is it like when a project that you are kind of at the helm of turns into a national conversation and everybody's talking about it on social media. That's got to be just a cool thing.
Speaker 2: In both of those though I wasn't necessarily at the helm of it like I was. I was, you know, a writer that they hired and producer that they hired, but it was incredible to see how how it took off. Both kind of hit like during the pandemic, and it was they were both a little ray delight for people that in a really confusing time. So like, I think that was at the best what we can do is offer people like a little bit of a skate, you know what I mean. So, like, I think those were very influential there.
Speaker 1: I agree, fantastic and again both very very very popular, And I got a feeling don't tell Mom. The Babysitter Dead, I think is going to do extremely well, and it's it's coming out on digital right now. And where will people be able to go to watch this?
Speaker 2: Yeah, on all those usual sites like Apple and Google Play and YouTube and all the all the big big dogs. Yeah, and it's something you know, it's rated are but that's kind of like a red herring, like it's not. It's really there's not a whole lot of bad stuff in there, so you can watch multi generationally kind of bonds with the kids, teenagers or whatever. So I think that's Yeah. I think people are really going to connect to it, and I think it's good for the you know stands in the original, but also for younger people who don't have any media like focused on them and not really shows about young people right now, so like this is something really cool. I think that they'll be able to connect to.
Speaker 1: I love that. And again it's called Don't Tell Mom the Babysitters Dead. And again, if you're hearing that going, man, that sounds familiar. Yeah, thirty three years ago there was another one, And like you said earlier in the program here, it played a lot on HBO. When I was a kid, we had HBO and yeah that was on all the time, wasn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like once a day, not even exade.
Speaker 1: And how different is the world now where people you don't just turn on a TV and click around to see what's playing, but we choose what we're going to stream. We go intentionally to a certain platform and click through and find something. Does that change the world of content creation when you're putting something together knowing that, hey, they have to seek us out, they have to come and find us.
Speaker 2: Now, weirdly, it's more of a marketing thing like it's it's we have to make the best product we can all the time, regardless of how people are going to find it. So we just kind of hope for you know, word of mouth, like if people see it, talk about it. I know, we generally love to share things that we appreciate with other folks. So like, I'm just we're hoping people do that. We're hoping they you know, double over laughing and then tell somebody I laughed so much today. You got to check listening out.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm excited to see it. Thank you so much for your time check. I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Thank you, John, have a good one.
Speaker 1: Absolutely again. The movie is called Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter Is Dead. It is a remake and it is out right now. It's streaming all over the place. You can find a link at Facebook dot com slash Sunny Radio and Facebook dot com slash Sue Falls News and Something You Should Know. Something you Should Know is brought to you by Genesis goold ira dot com. Put your retirement plan on the gold standard. Get a free gold and Silver guide now at Genesis gooldira dot com.