Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: And this is KFI Handle here on a Tuesday morning, September seventeenth.
Speaker 3: Some of the stories we're looking.
Speaker 2: At Sean Diddy Combs has been arrested on sex trafficking charges, racketeering, kidnapping.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's in a world of hurt.
Speaker 2: Also, want to quickly point out that a lot of what happens during the breaks we can't play for you or broadcast. But if you ever have a chance to see Neil, just ask him what the joke that he uttered just before we went on the air.
Speaker 1: Whatever do you mean?
Speaker 3: You know, people don't understand.
Speaker 2: They know I'm depraved, right, What they don't know is how to prave the rest of you are.
Speaker 4: We're not We're just you know what, We're just driving with the speed of traffic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah, all right. Rich to Moureau, it's Tech Tuesday. Rich who has heard, Well, he's heard every Saturday eleven am to two pm here on KFI Instagram, at rich on tech website at or website, rich on tech dot TV.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Rich, Hey, good morning to you. Bill.
Speaker 2: Yeah, as soon as we get off the air, I want you to call Neil. Okay, it was very strong. Now here's what I would like to ask you, because this is exactly in my wheelhouse, and that is I have an iPhone.
Speaker 3: Most people I know have iPhones.
Speaker 2: My daughter has an Android, and sending messages between iPhone iPhones and an Android is a nightmare.
Speaker 3: And that is changing correct.
Speaker 5: Yes, it is starting yesterday. So this is a new feature, so Iowa. So Apple came out with all of their major software updates for the iPhone, for the Apple Watch, for iPad, for Mac computer, even that Vision pro remember that thing, the headset. Yeah, yes, there are new software updates for all of those. So if you want to go out and update your stuff, go ahead. For me, it takes like a week or so to get all my stuff updated. But the best new feature in iOS eighteen, I think for ninety nine point nine percent of people is going to be that messaging between iPhone and Android is very much improved. So this is something called RCS Rich Communication Services. It's been on Android to Android for a long time now it's finally iPhone to Android, which I think makes a pretty big deal.
Speaker 1: So what do you get?
Speaker 5: You can get typing indicators when your Android friends are typing, you can get read receipts both ways. Obviously, you can send large file sizes and also tap back, so you know, if you want to react to a message with a smiley face or a thumbs up or whatever, you can do that. And it all works across Green and Blue, whether Android or iPhone.
Speaker 1: And I mentioned that when you send photos and.
Speaker 5: Videos they will actually be high quality, so no more postage stamp sized videos when you're sending it between the two platforms.
Speaker 1: This is a pretty big deal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would.
Speaker 2: I would think now virtually everybody I know has an iPhone, I mean across the board, and I don't know if that's Southern California. I have no idea because if you look at the number of people I know, it's ten to one Android versus Apple. Does this translate into all of a sudden people I know, for example, would consider would buy Android phones because they can talk to iPhone users.
Speaker 5: You know, I think it's definitely going to make things easier for if you're thinking of switching, or if you're considering a phone that's not an iPhone. But I think that the main thing here that we have going on is that a lot of people are in the iPhone or the Apple ecosystem, let's call it. So they may have the AirPods, they may have an iPad, they may have a MacBook computer, they may be in iCloud. And so Apple has done a really good job over the.
Speaker 1: Years of.
Speaker 5: You know, promoting their stuff first over anything else when it comes to apps, when it comes the way they work. And so I think that's really paying off for them in the the fact that people are really loyal to their products, even though they may be tempted to switch. It's really tough to switch. I mean even if you have a couple of air tags that you have on different things, or your kid has.
Speaker 1: An Apple Watch.
Speaker 5: It's all these ecosystem ties that keep you on iPhone. And by the way, people are very happy with iPhone most I would say ninety nine percent of people that I talk to that have an iPhone are very happy with it, and they're not really considering switching.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've ordered my new iPhone, Okay, just put in the order pre order and I don't know, it's eleven, twelve hundred bucks whatever it is. I do that through T Mobile now, and you know they give you if you sign up for an overpriced twenty eight year contract. You get to upgrade, you know, every couple of years. So I've got my new one coming in and I'm not even blinking at eleven hundred dollars when I could get an Android for thirty eight dollars for example.
Speaker 3: This just is good. I mean, just look at it.
Speaker 2: The amount of money that we Apple users pay is still ridiculous, and we line up to do it.
Speaker 5: Why Well, again, I think, you know, look, and here's the thing, and I am very much a fan of what Android's doing. I think the Pixel nine Pro, I think the S twenty four Ultra from Samsung are both incredible phones. By the way, both of those phones cost about a thousand dollars each, so it's not as if Android is super cheap. I think that the difference is Android has a lot of low priced options out there, and.
Speaker 1: So people that don't want to spend a lot they have opted it. And I think that's the biggest difference.
Speaker 2: Got it, Where Apple does not have a lot of low priced options. I get that. No, that makes sense. That resonates all right? Rich Prime Day in October? Okay, how many how many Prime Days they have?
Speaker 3: By the way.
Speaker 1: Well, that's a good question.
Speaker 5: I think it's two a year, so that's what they started, or they started with one and then they added a second. I think it's just too a year. It feels like much more, doesn't it.
Speaker 3: It does. It seems like sort of every other month there's a Prime Day.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because we did the we did the back to school one, but during the July like that, you know, June July is when it started, and now we're into the back you know, the holiday one. But I think the holiday one keeps getting earlier every year.
Speaker 3: Hey, let me ask this.
Speaker 2: The Prime Day, which of course known as the day where you get insane bargains on Amazon, do you really get those kinds of bargains? And has the costs kind of crept up on items that you here the four got for an insanely low price.
Speaker 1: I think it depends on the item.
Speaker 5: But I will say the last Prime Day, which whatever it was, a couple months ago, I felt like they actually delivered with the deals, and so I didn't feel that way for many of them before that. And I think that that Amazon got the message and probably told their you know, their internal people and also the third party companies that sell stuff through there saying hey, you really need to have some good deals here because people are going to get tired of this and your sales are going to go down. I think that's what they saw, so I do think they have good deals. My advice always remains the same. And by the way, this one is called the Prime Big Deal Days. It's on October eighth through ninth this year. Remember you have to have a Prime membership. You know, everyone talks about this stuff, but you have to remember you do have to pay that fifteen bucks a month or one hundred and forty dollars a year for Amazon Prime. And you know they're promising big deals again, but they don't know.
Speaker 1: The specifics are very light.
Speaker 5: So but by the way, Bill first time they're doing it in Turkey, so I guess they're getting their fill of Prime Day as well.
Speaker 2: Now, well, I would think it's international anybody who deals with Amazon. Oh, by the way, that's a question. Is the Prime membership international?
Speaker 5: Oh that's a good question. You know, I don't know if that's international.
Speaker 1: I would assume. Let's see.
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm trying to think of what that means. So let's say, if you're in the US your addresses in the US, then you go to London on vacation and order an item prime. Would your membership still carry over the benefits? I would think so, but I don't know. I should try that next time I'm in a different country.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or Turkey, Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean how do they yeah, how do they? Hell do they deliver on time in Turkey? Where I don't know? I don't even know what the mail delivery system is like in Turkey.
Speaker 1: I know, I don't have their own vans Amazon.
Speaker 5: I mean, I don't know if you see this in your neighborhood, but it's it's incredible to see the journey that Amazon has had with delivery. So, I mean at the beginning, they were using FedEx, then they went to like you know, UPS or you know, some other third party, and then all of a sudden, now they're doing you know, they went to USPS as well, and now they're doing all their own stuff from already of items. I mean, it's quite incredible the logistics operation that that Amazon runs.
Speaker 2: Well, I see more Amazon trucks than I do fed X or UPS trucks.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean I think they've taken a lot of a lot. I remember you know, remember the big fat with fed X where they took all their business away from them, So I think that that has I'm sure. I'm sure at the same time, FedEx was relieved because I was probably plogging all of their systems up with nonsense. But at the same time, I'm sure that was a big amount of business that that fed X lost in the process.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in the now, you know, we're used to UPS planes, FedEx planes. Now it's the Amazon fleet of planes that are out there now. I don't know how they compare with each other, but I'm assuming Amazon is on a growth curve way beyond UPS and FedEx at this point.
Speaker 5: I've been on those planes. I went to San Bernardino where they have a bunch of them sitting there and it's it is a full operation.
Speaker 1: Bill.
Speaker 5: I mean, these things come in. It's a giant, empty cargo plane. I mean, I'm in the entire back where you'd have like passengers is just open and it's just cargo. They loaded up and there's just two people the flight, you know, the captain and the pilot, and they just fly on out and it's a twenty four to seven operation.
Speaker 1: It's pretty incredible, actually.
Speaker 2: Crazy all right, let's move into a Spectrum. I'm a customer of Spectrum, and as usual, I hate every service that I pay money for. So let's talk about Spectrum and what's going on.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so Spectrum coming out with this new, like brand new customer commitment promise. So first thing they did for all customers, you're getting an upgrade in your speed automatically. So if you're on the three hundred, it's now four hundred, if you're on the five hundred, it's now six hundred megabits per second.
Speaker 1: So that's great.
Speaker 5: So if you have Spectrum Internet, you're basically getting a free speed boost. The problem is, if you're talking about cable internet, the download speeds are very fast, the upload speeds are not so fast.
Speaker 1: And they didn't the upload speeds across the board right now. So it's fine.
Speaker 5: I mean, I think for most people to download is probably the most important. A couple other things are doing. They've got some really nice new deals where the pricing is very very attractive. Bill but they want you to bundle. That is what I'm my takeaway is bundle, bundle, bundle. They want you to bundle their cellular service. They want you to bundle their TV service in an age of streaming, and no matter what, that's how you're going to get the best prices with Spectrum is when you bundle something.
Speaker 3: Okay, by the way, is that worth it?
Speaker 2: Really worthwhile to bundle, because certainly is when you're dealing with ensh home insurance and auto insurance and all.
Speaker 3: Of that, I mean, is a huge difference.
Speaker 5: Here's the downside to bundling, especially through a company like Spectrum, is.
Speaker 1: That when you need to unbundle, it's not simple.
Speaker 5: So what we like about all these streaming services bill is that you can subscribe to Netflix and by the way, you can cancel in one click through your email in about ten seconds. With Spectrum, they want you to bundle because they know people are lazy, and they know if you don't like this service or if you don't like that service, you're going to call in, which by the way, takes time, and then they can convince you to stay because they say, well, you can cancel this service, you can cancel that mobile line. But by the way, your internet is going to go off by twenty dollars a month, and you go, oh, I might as well just keep it.
Speaker 1: And so that's what I don't like about bundling. But yes, do you save money? Of course.
Speaker 5: I mean if you're using their TV, their internet and their mobile, you're saving a ton of money if you would have those products. Generally, anyway, it's just a little bit more work because now you're going through this company. Otherwise, two other things are doing credits. If you have an outage in your neighborhood that lasts more than two hours, they're going to give you a credit for a full day. And if you have an outage, they're going to tell you within fifteen minutes, which is pretty nice. So better just you know, they're just kind of elevating things a little bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all good stuff, all right, Rich, thank you.
Speaker 2: This weekend coming up on Saturday eleven at two here on KFI and of course at rich on Tech Instagram, richontech dot TV, and you can see them.
Speaker 3: On Channel five whenever the hell you're.
Speaker 2: On Channel five is yeah, yeah, just is it every day?
Speaker 1: Yes? Every day? Every day.
Speaker 5: My main times are five am, seven am, nine am, and then they run it throughout the day and then.
Speaker 1: On the weekends, Bill I have a weekend show. It's called Rich on Tech Weekly.
Speaker 5: There's at eleven am on KTLA streaming, so you know that's where a lot of people see it, you know who.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I apologize for I don't watch much local TV, so I apologize for that.
Speaker 1: And one day you'll see me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I will no, I see you, you know occasionally when someone points you out. And so by the way, okay, today, I don't know when you're on, but by next week I'll also not remember it. All all right, Rich, thank you, catch over the weekend, all right, before we veil it, I'll do the topics tomorrow about Rupert Murdoch because that's a whole thing. Sean Diddy Combs just indicted, and the US Attorney for the Southern District of New York just came up with these insane allegations, which, by the way, I will leave because.
Speaker 3: We know Shan Didi Combs had a whole issue.
Speaker 2: By the way, the Southern District of New York is probably the most expense the most famous southern district. I think Giuliani was the US attorney there in the Southern District. So amy really quick in two minutes, Uh, let's go ahead and repeat of what's happening, because it is worth.
Speaker 6: Repeating, Okay, So he has been indicted on I'm not sure exactly the number, but basically, it's accused of abusing women for over a decade, providing an empire of sexual crimes. And they outlined a lot of things like having these so called freakoffs in hotel rooms where it looks like prostitution and sex trafficking. They brought in paraphernalia, they brought in drugs, They seized a thousand containers of baby oil that they usually that they said that they used in these so called freak offs. And he is charged with arson on with bribery of getting everybody who worked for him, maybe not everybody, but the people who worked for him involved in it. So it's conspiracy, it's racketeering, it's a lot, it's.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's just crazy. I mean a thousand bottles of baby oil.
Speaker 2: And I assume it's not for an orphanage that has a lot of babies involved.
Speaker 1: That is a good assumption, you know that, just.
Speaker 2: Real quickly before we get out of here, and we'll certainly talk about more.
Speaker 3: We'll talk more about this tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Is there are a group of people that are insanely wealthy that have power that just believe they the.
Speaker 3: Rules don't apply to them.
Speaker 2: I've met these people before, and it is they're always the smartest people in the room, and they're always a cut above where the rules just don't apply.
Speaker 3: And he is certainly one of those people. And I'm gonna make a.
Speaker 2: Generalization here, I would say more rappers are in the group, insanely that say, only successful.
Speaker 3: Rappers are probably in that group. Certainly more violence.
Speaker 2: I mean, you don't see any you know, Sinatra tribute guys shooting people up.
Speaker 4: Maybe you do, I don't know, you might have seen Sinatra shooting people. Yeah, but what about the tie like the in the world of Epstein and his island and this type of thing. Do you think there's a black book? Do you think there's going to be people of fame, you know, like everyone talked about his parties.
Speaker 2: Not like no, not like Epstein. But I'll but I'll tell you there will be a black book because there are circles that were around We're around comes, you bet with people. I mean, the Posse's are just enormous around people like that.
Speaker 4: And you know, Moe Kelly, I've heard him say many many times on his program for years now. He said that the YouTube movement has not hit the music industry yet, and when it does, it's going to be huge. And this is the tip the iceberg.
Speaker 2: I bet okay, all right, so we'll talk more about that tomorrow. Also, quick quick reminder, I'm taking a handle on the law. Phone calls off the air starting in just a minute or two after I lock out. The number is eight seven seven five two zero eleven fifty. Eight seven seven five two zero eleven fifty. There are no breaks, no news, no commercial and no patience. Put all that together and we get through these phone calls pretty quickly. Tomorrow morning we start all over again, Amy with wake up call at five o'clock. Of course, Cono and Ann are always here, and then Neil and I join up, and all of us.
Speaker 3: Are here till nine.
Speaker 2: So phone calls coming out eight seven seven five two zero eleven fifty.
Speaker 3: Bill Handle and crew KFI AM six forty live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 2: Catch my show Monday through Friday six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.