Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: The following segment is brought to you by her Tato Barbecue locations in Mansfield, Fort Worth, Arlington, two locations in Globelife Field, and now one location in Dallas and the Farmers Market. We did a live remote there on Friday. I wasn't able to go. I hate that I wasn't able to go because I crave Hurtato. It's so freaking good.
Speaker 3: We had so many people come and grab food to go, take it and share with reloved ones.
Speaker 1: But it's a great, great place to hang.
Speaker 3: And now that you know, we've always talked about them dominating the eight one seven, now they got a place in the two one four. That Dallas Farmer's Market location is a fun place to hang with a badass bar Now the weather's getting nice to have an awesome patio, dude, it's really really cool. Big kudos to her Toato Barbecue. Yeah, shout out to Brandon Hurtado and his whole family. Congratulations on the new new location in Dallas at the Farmers Market. Highly encourage everyone to check it out asap. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 1: It's good listeners, Here comes JT fun tweets around the sports.
Speaker 3: Kt tweets has.
Speaker 1: All the sports, yes, Christ just maths stuff.
Speaker 4: Then we'll get into some cowboys. The Mavericks played on Friday night.
Speaker 1: They won.
Speaker 4: They played yesterday afternoon and lost very badly in Golden State, leading.
Speaker 1: Us to tomorrow night.
Speaker 4: At the Crypto dot Com Arena where the temperature will be about seventy degrees. Lakers maths man lucaj Washington, I wonder God.
Speaker 2: I want to go to Prize Picks and look at what the product are they out yet? The Luca projection.
Speaker 4: I haven't seen those yet. No, I have seen tickets are very expensive.
Speaker 2: I mean, he is gonna murder their souls. It's gonna be Luca. I mean, I wouldn't be shocked if he has a sixty point game.
Speaker 3: I don't know that they can afford to spend that many possessions going away from Austin Reeves.
Speaker 1: He is on a tear.
Speaker 2: He is on a terror right now if he if he uh And again, I don't think Luca's in prime Luca condition yet.
Speaker 1: And I think he's definitely.
Speaker 2: Looks better than he did when he first got to La and Skin. You were telling me about that Sham's report that saying, Hey, he's working out harder than ever and working to get in the best shape he can possibly be in. I think it's still a work in progress. But who was it that they played the other night where he looked like old Luca Denver? Yeah, he looked like and they smashed Denver and he looked like his old self and he had a great game. But he's still not full power.
Speaker 1: Luca.
Speaker 3: For the first time since he's been in LA his three was dropping. And it's not that uncommon for him to come back from injury or the beginning of a year layoff or something in his three to not fall. That's I mean, I can probably think of three or four times in his Maverick extent where that happened. So I wasn't in any way concerned or thought some wouldn't work out or he was unhappy or whatever. It's like, I've seen this before. Just give it a couple of games, and man, he got it going on Saturday, he was good. So I want to ask you about the worst question I've ever had to ask. This sucks to ask it, do it? How do they stop Luca? They're just putting nause on him?
Speaker 1: Yep, Okay, what else. I mean, that's what I would do. Yeah, I think I think you put Nausea.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know what depending on So the Lakers only have one big and as soon as he goes out of the game, then you can put PJ.
Speaker 1: Washington Junior on him.
Speaker 3: If you look at guys that Luca has traditionally struggled against. And by the way, I'm I'm half joking, like, uh, Lou Dort, Aaron Gordon used to eat his lunch, and that's what PJ. Washington, PJ. Washington Junior's best, you know, the best fit to put on Luca. But they need him to be a big right now. So what happens is is when La gets Jackson Hayes off the floor, then they can put PJ. Washington Junior on Luca. So I don't know if they're gonna do that. There was one game last season where nause got all over Luca like he Lou Door did it and had a really good stretch against him. But you know, it always matters like how the refs are calling the game. And then I think, to Ben's point, I would think Luca would be laser focused on destroying the Mavericks and just the most unceremonious of fashions.
Speaker 2: This is a guy who very much like Jordan back in the day. I'm not making the Jordan comparison and Jordan, but stats are the same. But this is a guy who looks for something to ignite a fire, like I can't get up for this game. I'm just I show up and I get a triple double. Can you do anything to make this exciting?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: This fan called me fat? Okay, now I'm gonna put fifty up. Oh this coach disrespected me, Okay, now I'm making it personal with him. He looks for some thing to make personal in a game, to inspire him to take his game to the next level. The Mavericks just cost him one hundred and ten million dollars, however you want to look at it, getting traded whatever, that cost him one hundred and ten million dollars. Now, hopefully he's had time to reflect. He's willing to take some responsibility and some of that I don't know. But dude, you think he's mad about being called fat by a guy in the third row.
Speaker 1: What about losing one hundred and ten million dollars.
Speaker 2: I don't know where he is physically if he's like full power Luca health wise, but dude, he is going to annihilate the Mavericks.
Speaker 1: I would think coming up later in the MAVs minute, KT.
Speaker 3: Will have done the math on the California state income tax.
Speaker 1: I don't want to do that that he now has to pay, Please don't.
Speaker 3: Maybe, and then I will compare it to the state income tax. You don't have to play in Florida where the Orlando Magic are. Yeah there, now we're talking you like this. Yes, that's better than the Austin Reeves bit. And he is so good. I don't think the Mavericks have anybody to throw at Austin.
Speaker 1: Reeve real quickly.
Speaker 4: Then we will talk about this tomorrow, I'm sure as well, because the game tomorrow night. Rachel Nichols was on with Colin Cowherd today and she was like the.
Speaker 1: Interesting kid that you will not miss a single episode.
Speaker 4: No, this is actually it's got a little traction online because Colin got ball sacked and there's a lot of stuff going, but we want time to it's not time to go too deep on it. But Rachel Nichols does go The interesting storyline for me is if Nico Harrison.
Speaker 1: Will be at the game in seats. Wasn't he at the Golden State game? He was, Yeah, maybe he's on the trip.
Speaker 4: I think, will Luca not gone to three? And then f you you know, like like he does too? Oh my guy on front row, kid on front Yeah, you're one of the mass players.
Speaker 2: Like you'd probably ask Nico not to sit within any visual spot of Luca's eyeballs.
Speaker 3: Do you know what Nico's gonna do because he's such a gangster, He's gonna sit on the front row and he's gonna sit next to one of Luka Doncic's childhood friends that Luca no longer gets along with.
Speaker 1: You know in the movie is when the mob show up in the.
Speaker 3: Courtroom and they got like Homie's brother sitting next to him and suddenly the guy clams up on the witness stand. So transitioning, okay, oh okay, transition So you you too are going to become a Christina.
Speaker 1: Like the transition.
Speaker 4: It's Combine Week, although they had short shorts in the workouts that happen till Thursday. Jerry Jones is a reportedly not making the trip on the Combine bus. I'll believe it when I see it though that usually happens on Friday. But that's the report. Stephen Jones is doing interviews because he's like, let's do it. Here's the order of operations. According to him, okay Osa is their first priority right now.
Speaker 1: Oh so Digizuwa, who on the open.
Speaker 4: Market a lot of people think would get over twenty million dollars a year.
Speaker 1: Why wouldn't they just transition tag him?
Speaker 4: They should maybe, but I don't even know if they feel that way.
Speaker 1: Okay, so it'll I really don't know. That sucks. Nice player, but not as nice he's about to get paid. Yeah, love to have him, but can't.
Speaker 4: And Micah he mentioned like we love to get get the ball rolling on Micah. Micah has said he would love to get the ball rolling guarantee you they don't, yep, because MICA's agent's like, well will wait, Well you will wait.
Speaker 1: That's fine.
Speaker 4: He also mentioned two players by name though that I thought was interesting because he normally doesn't do this. He mentioned Jordan Lewis and Rico Daddle as two guys they want back, and I agree a lot on Jordan Lewis because they need a cornerback. It's the sneaky position that they could ignore and you'd be like, oh, bad idea, because Treyvon Diggs is out for half the year because he got hurt at the end of last year. So I think Jordan Lewis would be great to have back, probably not going to be that expensive again.
Speaker 1: And he's you're starting one of your three starting cornerbacks to take to a one year deal. Yeah, oh, that wasn't very smart. You know, he was awesome. He also mentioned Rico Dawdle. I like bringing Rico back.
Speaker 2: We all like him, but he is also like diggy, he's gonna get overpaid.
Speaker 4: Yeah maybe, ever, like it depends, like are people paying running backs now because they pay because of what happened with Saquon because you know Rico's not.
Speaker 1: That they're not paying Rico.
Speaker 4: Well yeah, well we'll see on that one. Well when Jordan lists too, he hasn't been hurt multiple times. The Achilles was bad, Like, I think that's why he can't get a long term deals because like he's been hurt twice with devastating injuries. But he's got a good little home here and he's pretty affordable.
Speaker 3: He's been here eight seasons. They also, God, it's crazy, that crazy.
Speaker 4: Yes, also mentioned they would take a quarterback in the draft, because you know they don't. They think Cooper Rush could be too expensive now and obviously Trey Lance is gonna go somewhere else. But they think the world of Trey You're thinking, uh no, I'm not thinking.
Speaker 1: Sure.
Speaker 4: Chador to the Giants has got a little steam and I'd like that.
Speaker 3: I would love to draft I would love to draft Shador high. After he announced he's not gonna be working out for teams.
Speaker 4: Well, no, these guys are working atye because there's no point in doing it. You do one bad thing, misinformation takes off and it just spreads like a fire.
Speaker 1: So you've played your games, So thank god they going into the draft.
Speaker 2: They last year they played Cooper Brush all season for no reason. He's not a part of their future. They didn't play Trey Lance. He's not a part of their future either. But Trey Lance would have given you a better chance at losing. There was that stretch they won four out of five games, and now they screwed themselves out of draft capital for what.
Speaker 1: No, man, they're trying to make plaff run. I mean, this is Carthy was trying to keep that job.
Speaker 2: Man, he's gone, your defense coordinator's gone, but you kept your winning culture.
Speaker 1: You can't lose guys. You have to win Shoddy time now. Yeah, Shoddy'll buckle up. It's on it. Coming up next.
Speaker 2: It's the only segment of the day that will not be podcasted the Today Game, followed by h PLAINO teen Prank's Gone wrong and an update on the asteroid that could end Earth.
Speaker 1: All that's coming your way.