Speaker 1: Something you should go.
Speaker 2: Something you should know is brought to you by Genesisgoldira dot com. That's also something you should know. You can put your retirement plan. I'm the gold Standard. Learn more and get a free Gold and Silver guide at Genesis gooldr dot com. Tonight is the night. I'm so excited to have Clay Horowitz joining us tonight and several other amazing comedians on the show tonight. And again we've been talking about this for a month. You can join us tonight at the Ramana at seven pm. And Clay, I am excited to meet you today. We've been getting to know each other the last month or so here. You're a fun dude. I'm excited to meet you in person finally.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm excited to be coming to Suo Falls. I'm excited as well. It's gonna be a good time.
Speaker 2: Now, there are some folks that know you from Clay's Feast on Amazon Prime Video. Let's talk a little bit about that. That looks like a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's a super fun program. So the TV show that I have created wroad and started as available now on Amazon Prime at the comedy food Show, as I like to call it's me running around New York City with some of the funniest comedians in town. And it's us trying a bunch of local food spots and just chopping it up and talking about life and reviewing the food. Here's really running around the city kind of having a blast. It's really just, you know, fun, lighthearted, easily digestible entertainment. And we had so much fun making it. And I feel like it really shows when you watched it, because it really is kind of the best gig in the world. I'll just run around and make jokes and have food. Doesn't really get better than that.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, sign me up for that. I want to go do that job. That sounds like fun, right exactly.
Speaker 1: It was so much fun to do and it's so much fun to watch as well.
Speaker 2: Now you've had a chance to do stand up comedy all around the world, you know, I talk to people all the time that have been around the country. But you were just overseas again recently, and which countries have you been to to do stand up comedy?
Speaker 1: So outside of the US, I've done stand up comedy across Europe, so I've done shows in Scotland, I've done shows in the Czech Republic. I've done shows in the Netherlands, in Belgium, and most recently I just got back doing the weaker shows in Italy. I just got back a couple of days ago.
Speaker 2: And what is it like doing a show in a different country. Are the sense of humor that we have here and the sense of humor they have there are similar? You know, there's.
Speaker 1: Similarities for sure, but there's definitely differences as well, not maybe in the humor sense, but more in like the references, like the cultural references of the things you joke about. You know, if you're talking about American brands or American politics, or you know, American references and phrases like in pop culture. You know that they don't it doesn't always translate well. But I think the humor actually, like the sense of humor is one of the things that carries over the most. Is a joke that you know, is it's super hyper specific to a certain subject that everyone is able to relate to. But it definitely is a challenge for sure. So there's some things that they do understand that comes from America. There's some things they don't. But if anything, I feel like as a comedian, you do get better doing shows over there because you are forced to adapt pretty quickly and work on your toes to figure out, you know, what kind of material hits even harder over there. So I think it's just a great comedy challenge in my mind.
Speaker 2: And in the United States, you've been to several places as well. Where all have you been in the US to do stand up comedy?
Speaker 1: In the US, I've probably been to at least like half the states in America by now, I yeah, I mean I've done shows all up and down the West Coast, the East Coast, to Midwest, the South, you know, because I lived in New York City at the moment, but I'm born and raised in Chicago, and i also lived in Los Angeles for a bit. So between being having all those three places as a residence, I've really done almost every state, to be honest, except for South Dakota.
Speaker 2: Well, we are excited to have you in sooup Falls, South Dakota tonight.
Speaker 1: I'm excited to be there. I'm excited to check it out for the first time.
Speaker 2: And tonight when you're doing the show at the Ramata in soouxt Falls, you can use the same reference as you use around the United States, because we're not a different country. So we got that going for us anyway.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. I'm still a Midwestern boy at heart. I feel like South Dakota is still the Midwest. I think, right, that's oh yeah, Midwest. Yeah, we exactly, so I was hitting right at home. I'll feel like I never loved.
Speaker 2: We feel like we're Midwest anyway. I've heard other people say, you're not Midwest, you're the great Planes. I'm like, I don't know that that's a thing. I think we're Midwest. But either way, there's.
Speaker 1: Got to be a direction in there somewhere for me to know where it is.
Speaker 2: There we go again. Clay horowit's our guest right now, New York City based comedian originally from Chicago, the star and the writer of Clay's Feast on Prime Video. If you get a chance watch that, then you'll be all ready to go for his big comedy show. Here. I'm excited to be on this show with you. And here's the thing that's fun. Originally it was going to be just Clay and just John, and then I post this and then I have people reach out going, hey, I'm going to be in town. Can I be on that show too? And I go, yeah, that's fine, And then another person, Hey, I'd like to be on that show, and I'm like, yeah, that's cool. I don't even know if I need to be on there.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: We got so many people, there's a Clay. We're going to have a feast of comedy tonight.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, I'm excited. We're gonna have a stacked lineup. I'm ready to, you know, bring some laughter to the great people with two Falls and me and all these new comedians that I don't know, but I'm sure hilarious. It's going to be a great mortgage borg laugh. I'm excited.
Speaker 2: It is gonna be a whole lot of fun again. Clay Horowitz tonight at the Ramata in Sioux Falls. Come early and enjoy some delicious food from Boston's Pizza, the gourmet pizza place. It's in the same building again on Russell in Sioux Falls. Clay, I'm excited to see it tonight. It's going to be a blast.
Speaker 1: Of course. Thanks for having me, and I'll see everybody at the show.
Speaker 2: Yes, it is tonight, seven o'clock at the ram Coda in Sioux Falls and we've got tickets available still. If you want to buy tickets, you can get those at Sue Fallscomedy dot com. There's a link there. I've got links on our Facebook page, Facebook dot com, slash Sunny Radio, Facebook dot com slash Sue Falls Comedy. And if you would like to help us by bringing a bag of dog food or a bag of catfood, we will let you into the show tonight for free. We're doing that as a fundraiser for our friends at the Suit Falls Humane Society. We got some hungry kittens and some hungry puppies out there. Let's feed them. Bring some dogfood tonight or some catfood tonight, and we'll give you admission uh a bag. One bag per person, one admission per person. So come on out and have some fun with us tonight. All of the details at Facebook dot com, slash Sunny Radio and Something you Should Know. Something you Should Know is brought to you by Genesisgoldira dot com. Put your retirement plan on the Gold Standard. Get a free Gold and Silver guide now at genesisgoldra dot com.