Speaker 1: Hey, it's Sandy and thanks for checking out the podcast edition of the show. Do me a solid and yourself a favor by tapping that follow button. Also like and subscribe. That way you get a notification when we put out a new episode, which is every single day. So here's today's podcast. Enjoy Our Bank proudly sponsors the Sandy Show. Make the switch effortlessly by visiting www dot r dot Bank member fdi S. Steven Presley from a thunder Pop TV joins us. Find him on YouTube and on Instagram, and he has a hypothetical question for us about a couple of actors and who we would rather get into a fight with that's coming up. And he's offered ten million dollars I think, wasn't that right, Trisha?
Speaker 2: Yeah, ten million.
Speaker 3: I'll do it. I don't even know who it is or what it is. I'll do it.
Speaker 1: So we'll see who they are in just a second. First, let's start out with walking Phoenix is in the news and kind of has a reputation that he's living up to with some behavior recently.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, he's always been kind of wild card, very very talented obviously and decorated actor for some of his roles. But he was set to star in this movie in five days before production backs out gets cold feet. They were all set to film in Guadalajara, Mexico, which I'm sure is not easy place to get to set up for a movie production. And what really adds salt to the wound is he actually went to this production company and pitched the idea and sold them on the idea of this particular story and making it into a movie.
Speaker 3: And then he's the one who backed out. And then he backed out. It's weird.
Speaker 2: Did he give a reason or just wasn't it wasn't into it or you.
Speaker 4: Know, it was to play it was it was to play someone's gay lover. And so speculation is that he had cold feet because being that he's straight, he might have had cold feet about doing this role. But I mean, I don't think I think people, you know, walking people are used to Walking Phoenix playing unique roles, right, and I don't think they would have been, you know, surprised to see him do something of this caliber. And I think he probably would have knocked it out of the park, probably would have gotten nominated for an Oscar, won all the awards for doing it.
Speaker 5: Right, And if he's the one who pitched it and got it going, did they throw a surprise ending in on him?
Speaker 3: I just don't.
Speaker 5: That's It's not like you didn't know that's was part of the role at the beginning. That's very strange.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean he pitched the idea.
Speaker 1: I haven't haven't we all Haven't we all like done something that we thought was a really good idea and then we did it and it was a really bad idea.
Speaker 2: Haven't we all done that?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I mean five days before they were supposed to start filming, all these people had gone to Guadalajara, Mexico and set up all this stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean that's a big never mind.
Speaker 1: I don't have a margarita and hang out in Guadalajara. I mean, yeah, you know, I don't know. It's a lot of expense. I'm sure there'll be a lawsuit somewhere for this.
Speaker 3: Ye seven figures? Yes, wow, us on it.
Speaker 2: That's tough to stugg Just do the movie. Just kiss the guy.
Speaker 3: Kiss the guy.
Speaker 4: Got this far with it. I wondered if he's there's I speculated maybe if he was worried about blowback, because nowadays it's become less cool for straight people to play a gay character. You know a lot of people want gay character to play gay character, and yeah, blowback, true.
Speaker 2: Let's true. Tell.
Speaker 1: There's a great piece in Bill Maher's book about casting in Hollywood and how ridiculous it's gotten with like certain people of ethnic groups are only allowed to play the character and that type of thing. And he makes a whole bunch of examples of how these movies would have never been done by these great actors and actresses if those rules applied. And of course I don't have it right in front of me right now, but that's a great read if you haven't picked it up.
Speaker 2: Let's move along to Yeah, what's going on with her?
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, And you know this, the huge controversy around the film It Ends with Us, has been circulating online now for a few for two or three weeks, and she's in a feud, or at least alleged feud with the director and also some of the other casts involved in the feud apparently too, Justin Baldoni, who's also her co star in this film, and he directed the film, produced it. It was based off of really popular book apparently that went viral on TikTok.
Speaker 3: That's about domestic abuse.
Speaker 4: Anyway, the controversies that they've been in, they they've they're not they're not on good terms, and this was sparked or the sluice online started to get suspicious when they had the premiere and he did not appear with the rest of the cast during the Q and A, and also during red carpet photos he was the only one excluded. He did take photos, but by himself, away from the rest of the cast. And then a week or two later, when all the bad press was coming out and everybody was blaming, blaming just In Baldoni for this feud, saying that it was his alleged toxic behavior on the set that was causing the feud. He goes out and hires a PR team, and then I don't know if it's a coincidence, Probably maybe a coincidence, But suddenly all this bad press started coming out for Blake Lively and all these videos that were dug up from the past where she was being allegedly uh diva during interviews and.
Speaker 3: Snotty snotty to the audios.
Speaker 4: Did his PR team dig this stuff up and circulate this online?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I'm thinking out loud.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I guess they did.
Speaker 5: I feel like a one hundred percent agreed that they did, because they're all interviews from three, four or five, six years ago, was nothing recent.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying that that if she was that way with the interviewer, that's okay.
Speaker 2: But I.
Speaker 3: Bet his pr ten did it.
Speaker 2: Oh, I love dirty stuff like I love it.
Speaker 5: I heard that she The problem between the two of them happened when he, the director, was lost control of the movie to her that she was stepping in and making decisions without consulting him. He chew up on set and everything was changed from what he had said to do because Blake said to do this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's interesting. And then also either the premiere you had Ryan, Ryan Reynolds, and Hugh Hackman show up like they're still promoting the Deadpool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that could be a lot.
Speaker 3: Well, there are two movies. Ryan's movie and Blake.
Speaker 5: Lively's movie went head to head husband and wife duo head to head, and her movie did very well in the opening weekend. I'll definitely see it. She just is always I think it's a lot because of him. He's such a good guy and he's so nice and so funny. So I think that you automatically attributes some of that to her. But I've never heard a single bad word about her until all of this, And it makes me sad because they're kind of that golden couple that they give each other a hard time on social media, you know.
Speaker 1: A little smudge on the So, who are these two characters that you want us to fight?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, okay, So we talked a few weeks ago. We were on with We were on with JB. We we were talking about the new mockbuster concept in movies, which are like the cocaine bearing Shark Nato.
Speaker 3: And Shark Nato.
Speaker 4: So there's gonna be a meth Gator movie, which we talked about as well as coming up. So, if you had to fight either the cocaine bear or meth Gator for ten million dollars, which one are you all taking?
Speaker 1: I'm going, by the way, Stephen Presley from at thunder Pop TV fight him on Instagram and on Twitter. I'm gonna go first because I have experienced with both animals. Lord, I have wrestled a bear. Oh just so I had my experience. I wrestled, wrestled Waldo the wrestling bear at halftime of a CBA basketball game in nineteen ninety two, took him down, although was not happy.
Speaker 5: So a pet bear versus a wild bear hopped upon Cooke.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, okay, I've got experience with the bear.
Speaker 3: Your resume right now.
Speaker 1: The alligators a different story. I've had a tussle with an alligator too, but I was armed.
Speaker 3: And on a bridge.
Speaker 2: No, I was right next to him.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much, and I exterminated him with extreme prejudice. And so I think I'd rather wrestle the bear, though, because that gator gets to spinning around and the death spiral.
Speaker 2: You're done, You're done.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, so you're going meth gator. I'm going a bear, You're going bear. I'm going meth gator because the bear, if you get out of the once the alligator's out of the water, kind of not a lot of power.
Speaker 3: You can get away from him, right. The bear can go in the water, out of the water, right, and it's.
Speaker 2: Very easy to hold the gator's mouth shut.
Speaker 3: Right, I'm going to gat.
Speaker 2: I think I'm must switch and go with meth gator too.
Speaker 3: Let's tag team and then we'll split the ten.
Speaker 1: Milt, Steven, I gotta know what made you do? Is this just how your brain works? These types of questions.
Speaker 4: Just just you know, I come up with these crazy things. Yeah, brain works. I asked my wife. By the way, she also took meth Gator. Okay, and I decided on Methgator after her reasoning of why you and the reasoning wasn't too far from y'all's reasoning. U So I yeah, I ended up going with meth Gator. I would want to train though. Do I get at least six weeks of training?
Speaker 3: Oh? Yeah, for sure? I mean what does that training look like? Swimming? Holy sweet things?
Speaker 1: Closedezing the mountain shut, stuffing, the finger up the nose.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's a shark.
Speaker 1: Shark.
Speaker 3: We gotta throw him in.
Speaker 1: We'll take a break more with Stephen coming up. In fact, coming up in just a little bit, we are going to talk about a about wrestling movies, and Steven's got some inside scoop on the New Superman.
Speaker 2: So stick around. That is coming up.
Speaker 1: If you're just joining us, our friend Stephen Presley, I'm at thunder Pop TV on Instagram and on YouTube. Give him a follow today He puts out a lot of great content all in the entertainment space with his own unique twist on things. So check it out. It's at under pop tv, Instagram, and on YouTube. We've discussed this before, My Love of Professional Wrastling, which was just in town at the Moody Center a couple of mondays ago. They did Monday Night row at the Moody Center. Did you go No, I missed it. Yeah, next time it's in town. Let's me and you go.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm there.
Speaker 2: All right, I'll get us some tickets. But what do you got? The Rock has got a movie coming out.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, Rock.
Speaker 4: Dwayne Johnson is going to play USC legendary UC fighter Mark Kerr will be out next year. I think they're wrapped up or almost wrapped up on the filming of that. He transformed himself for that role. And so yeah, so big, you know what movie next year?
Speaker 2: I remember a few weeks ago and we didn't get time to it.
Speaker 1: But you said you had a macho man, a randy macho man, savage story and we didn't get to it.
Speaker 2: What's the story.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, So I've heard through very reliable sources here here in our town in Austin. So when Macho Man used to make a lot of frequent trips to Austin in the late eighties early nineties because they had a lot of w W. I guess at the time it would been wwf uh maybe some of WWE later would come in for the big events in Austin wrestling events. And he had driver, a regular driver that would pick him up at the airport. That was his guy that would come and pick him up in a limousine. And there was one place Macho Man wanted to go first before he did anything else when he arrived to town.
Speaker 2: That was second.
Speaker 4: I'm sure that was second based on what I'd heard about him. So you know, you've always heard apparently Machu Man was the real deal. He was everything you saw on camera, like he was always So he would arrive and get in a limo, and he was always pretty amped up, like almost like someone that just rolled around in the snow, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, all right, So he.
Speaker 4: Wanted to go to Taco Bell, Take me to Taco Bell drive.
Speaker 2: Through really to get a burrito supreme.
Speaker 3: His wrestling voice.
Speaker 5: He would be like, oh yeah, the bell.
Speaker 3: He loved the bell.
Speaker 1: The bell.
Speaker 3: He was obsessed with the bell. That's funny.
Speaker 2: That is funnier in Austin. You want to go to the taco bell, right.
Speaker 3: Talk about anywhere? Right, that's funny.
Speaker 2: That is random.
Speaker 1: I worked at a gold gym in college and the Ultimate Warrior came in and worked out there.
Speaker 2: Do you remember him?
Speaker 3: Cool? That would be so cool.
Speaker 2: That was pretty cool.
Speaker 1: And then I'll never He also laid in the tanning bed for like an hour and a half.
Speaker 3: That surprised.
Speaker 1: It was weird. I kept knocking on the door. I like, hey, mister Warrior, you're thirty minutes are up.
Speaker 2: Mister, And all I heard was bar and I.
Speaker 3: Was like, okay, crashing around.
Speaker 1: I come back thirty minutes later, I'm like, hey, been an hour.
Speaker 2: Tightally came out. He's just dripping sweat, dark as dirt. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was weird, weird, weird, weird. Let's move on to Superman. You got inside scoop Superman.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I've got inside baseball from my insiders in the industry that we'll see a teaser trailer very soon, maybe even the next week or a little over a week, and that James Gun's working on it right now. As we speak. And one thing is really interesting about this new Superman. If you look at some of the set photos, the Clark, this version of Clark Kent is actually going to try a little bit harder to disguise.
Speaker 3: Himself more than just the glasses.
Speaker 4: The glasses he wears, so he's wearing a wig. If you look at the pictures really closely, and he's got broccoli head.
Speaker 3: Do you know what broccoli head?
Speaker 5: We just did a story on broccoli head the haircut.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Hark Kent's gonna have broccoley head in this movie.
Speaker 1: But wasn't that's very trendy and cool. Wasn't Clark kind of nerdy.
Speaker 3: He usually is?
Speaker 4: I mean, I think Brockleyhead can be a crossover for you know, cool or nerdy.
Speaker 5: Right, it's trendy and cool now, but I think in real life it's not.
Speaker 3: Cool like trendy and cool.
Speaker 2: You know what you're saying?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm glad to hear Clark Kent's going to make more of an effort to disguise himself.
Speaker 5: Right, that was a problem, Steven. Did they fix his suit? Remember all the backlash about his suit? Looks like it was sewn by his grandma, remember all that stuff.
Speaker 3: I don't know. The suit.
Speaker 4: I saw it look pretty good. It was a little hard to tell from the photo at the angle, but it looked looked like a decent suit.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I know Christopher Reez used to do the slouch really well to make himself seem more nerdy.
Speaker 3: Park kids. I don't know if he's going to do the slouch.
Speaker 4: You know what an interesting thing is speaking of Superman, Henry Cavell as an experiment. One time went to Times Square in New York with a super Man's shirt hot walking around. You can look at the there's pictures online. I think there's a video to his pictures online was showing him and nobody approached him. Really just wants a person telling him he had to move along because they thought he was there as one of the people that stands for people to take pictures.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, that's funny.
Speaker 2: They thought he was a poser.
Speaker 5: I saw a story that his nephew went to I don't know, a little elementary school and was telling everybody that his uncle was Superman, and none of the kids believed him.
Speaker 3: So he walked his nephew to school.
Speaker 5: One days a superman, but to prove that his nephew was not lying.
Speaker 2: That's funny. Who do you guys remember?
Speaker 1: This a big bit of a jump here, but do you remember did you guys ever watch Cheers?
Speaker 2: Do you remember Jay Thomas? Yeah, the comedian that.
Speaker 3: Curly hair.
Speaker 1: If you want to hear the greatest story ever told, go to YouTube today and just type in jays Loan Ranger and he tells the funniest story I've ever heard about the lone Ranger. It is hysterical. Trust me on that, all right, Steve, and I want you to watch it and report back.
Speaker 3: Last week at your homework you got a homework segment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you weren't expecting that right.
Speaker 1: Not only does he do the radio show for free, now we're giving him homework on the side. Steven, Always good visiting with you, man. We'll do it again next week. Think Hey, friends, that's it for today. Make sure that you'd like and subscribe and follow this podcast. Also follow us on Instagram at the Sandy Show. Official Facebook is at the Sandy Show Radio. Have a great day,