Speaker 1: Oh my god, is that Nico Blitz?
Speaker 2: Baby?
Speaker 3: Did you brand you?
Speaker 2: Turning?
Speaker 1: My heart gotta thank hebby.
Speaker 3: I would evening telling I said, probably won't just don't get what they said.
Speaker 1: We need the world what I'm sad.
Speaker 3: I don't want to leave it up. I can't give up with the weights that you change over. If you can give up and bring my heart to pieces again, help turn.
Speaker 2: I can't stay. Don't you love to drink? Then a love you don't be thanks, I never love you. We'll love him and then help me the love of the gate.
Speaker 1: That side gets MEAs chasing a cruise show on Real ninety two three? Can you dj my next thing for real? Because you took that you ate? Yeah, let's do that fire And I thought that one you over here with them keys and.
Speaker 4: Camera ship like that you.
Speaker 1: I was so gag Blitz right there, man, I know that's right, Nico Blitz. Okay you ate that.
Speaker 4: One, man, Blitz you feel me?
Speaker 1: Hello?
Speaker 4: Come on now, wow? That was crazy right? Yes, you know why because it's respect is love. We value you here, thank you?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: And you know what like over the weekend, you know, I was telling Jackie and cruise like yo, like I slapped the album twice.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: So I was like, cool, I want to integrate. Like a lot of the newer stuff that you put on, it was like you taste and a thing for you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: That was so dope. I appreciate that so much. Yeah, I appreciate that.
Speaker 4: It's crazy, thank you. Alongside nobody exists, that's all you. Yeah you wrote that alone. Yeah, I did by yourself. So is that is that that a writing session with inspiration? Is that something you pulled, had to pull from? Did you have that ready to go?
Speaker 1: That was actually just me waiting on the other rider to get there. Yeah, I mean, because I really do love to co write. I would say like ninety percent of the album was me involved in the studio doing something, and then a couple songs were sent to me.
Speaker 4: Got a collab. I love collabor there's beauty and collaboration.
Speaker 1: I agree. But yeah, so there was just a beat. I was in the studio with London. I think we're in Miami and I was waiting on Poover to get there. He was late, and that's the period. But yeah, I was like, well what you guy? Let me just see what I get. Maybe I'll start an idea and then you know, we could finish it as a as a duo. But I just read the hell thing and I didn't even know what it was going to give. I was like, okay, period, you know, but then it just kept coming back up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, up, yeah.
Speaker 6: So would you say that you surprised yourself throughout this whole process of the album?
Speaker 1: I definitely do. I definitely do, because I think you know, when you you yourself are hardest on yourself. So I'm very like, very very emotional about the songs. I like them all and I can't pick and I don't want to, so I literally have like a notes out with my team and I'll just send the demos and then I'll just like close my ears and be like, oh, hope they like what I loved. But I don't say anything because I don't want them to say anything based on me. But when they don't react to something, I'm like a glass of wine. I guess literally, but I love all the songs, but yeah, I am. I do surprise myself. I think also I can't really tell like if it's good, because you know, when you're doing stuff, you're like I don't know if this is your yes, bro, yes, But so I just literally to my team to like react and see, and then they kind of show me what stuff is. Like everybody mutually agrees.
Speaker 4: It's like, for sure, almost beautiful design. That's a that's a rare.
Speaker 1: Future r R l f M Los Angeles, goddamn scared everybody, Sorry about that black.
Speaker 4: Hilarious, that's how hard equipment, but most beautiful design. That's future. That's a rare. That's a rare sighting of that side of future.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, that was crazy to me. I didn't know he was going to be, you know, the softer.
Speaker 4: Vulnerable he was coming with his toxic vibe dot com. Yeah, I thought.
Speaker 1: That, you know, that's what we know him for. But I really think it was London who like bridged that gap so sieously because he works with both of us very much, and he's built like a great chemistry. So I think he was able to kind of paint a picture of what I'm trying to do and what I'm trying to put on this album and make that world and figure out how to like bridge both of those gaps so that we could both like seamlessly fit on a record, because I really feel like we fit on that record really well, and.
Speaker 4: He came to see you, what you mean on that record, he came to see you.
Speaker 1: And now he definitely makes the world his you know. I was happy to have the very.
Speaker 4: But he wanted to meet you halfway, like kind of vibey thing. It definitely felt like a little bit wrong with that's growth as an artist.
Speaker 1: That was really really cool, really refreshing to see. And I was like really excited for like the culture to see that because we do a lot of toxic songs in rap and in R and B, like that's what we were doing. But it was really like a refreshing perspective on like being in love. And I feel like the rap R and B comm was like that used to be a thing, thing, thing and stuff, you know, you know, so I was happy to be able to do that on my debut album.
Speaker 4: Yeah Taste is like dope live Thank you paonomically sounds good, right, and it just feels good, I think, right.
Speaker 1: I definitely do. But I'm not even gonna hold you. That was the scariest song that I have ever released so far. Really, Yeah, I just didn't know if people were going to have adverse reacts. I mean people did. It was like you either loved it or you did not want to see me like that. You did not want to see me all sensual and not belting and you know, singing my heart out. So I was nervous, you know. I tried hello, like I did the Disney Channel thing for like half my upbringing, so like, I really be on my pop ship too. I'm both of those things, you know. So I wanted to be able to show that. And that's kind of the premise of why not More's like I felt like, Okay, people do know me for this. Should I just stay there? Is that what people want? Is that the safe thing to do? But then I was like, dang, I got these other things. I got other influences. I'm from Nashville. I want to do something a little country. I did the pop thing. I love Brittany, I want to do that too, And so that kind of led to me asking myself, why couldn't I do that? And all the answers I feel like they were just rooted in fear. So I had to just do it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you gotta jump, you gotta jump, you know? Is mom okay? With some of the lyrics.
Speaker 1: No, No, she's not okay, but you know she's a mom. She loves her kids and she's just going to be the wise counselor you know what I'm saying. As we grow up, we got to learn things our way as she did too.
Speaker 4: But yeah, yeah, they did some things to get us here dot com.
Speaker 1: Let's not elaborate, all.
Speaker 6: Right, because like even with on radio, Like my parents learned so much about me through radio because we put our lives out there. And sometimes my mom will text me, She's like what, I'm like, you could change you could change the dial.
Speaker 1: No, I'm like, you start listening to soundscapes. So no, but my mom understands, like, I'm still figuring myself out and coming into my own and I have the songs for every person I know. I have the young girlies I know, I have like the older people who love my voice for that nostalgic feeling. So I have. I have Here we Go, I have other side of love. I have all the different things for you know whoever's listening.
Speaker 4: Did yo? So here you go? Went? Gold? Congratulations?
Speaker 7: Thank you?
Speaker 4: I was crazy. It's a Lenny Williams song, right twisted did it as well? Right, But like Lenny, did your dad ever put you onto music like Lenny Williams.
Speaker 1: My dad and my mom definitely put me on. My dad, Yeah, for sure. My dad claimed that he was the DJ back in his day. I'm like, I don't even literally, I'm like, where's thy turntable? Hello? But he definitely did put me onto like slick rig and like super old like DMC, like super old like rap. That was like his prime of life, you know. And my mom was like the ballads. She was the Whitney Houston, the Mariah Carey. She was the this is the audition song you've been a sing you know what I'm saying. So definitely two different perspectives of music.
Speaker 4: A lot of sounds. You know, your parents or your family they own a funeral home business.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, yeah, on my mom's side, they've had this family funeral home for generations. Like I just know that it's like part of our history.
Speaker 4: You ever worked there?
Speaker 1: I did not work there, but I did. I sang at a couple of things.
Speaker 4: We have to coming up. We got to audience you're performing.
Speaker 1: I'm like, not the crowd I was looking for, But the show will go on. It's a crowd on the less, you know, tough crowds, crowd.
Speaker 4: Like shuddering, But you're singing over sniffles, you're singing over crying, You're singing over emotion, and.
Speaker 1: It's definitely real. It's definitely real. And I do think that those type of environments, I would say, like more gospel and church environments than that is what I've experienced. But that feeling of like needing to be a vessel for people to get that uplifting feeling has been a reason why I've gotten here.
Speaker 4: So for sure, I heard being around death gives you a certain strength that most people may not have or be able to receive in their lifetime because they see it at its end, right, and they see life at its end, and that gives you like a I don't know, like a gratitude, like a sense of gratitude, a bigger sense of gratitude. Is that true?
Speaker 1: Well, you know what, I'm not around death to that much of a degree. That's all my mama's side. And they open are in South Carolina getting down like that. But I will say when you come into an area like church, like that's what I was raised in, singing in the church, and there is a sort of like a need for healing there that's very heavy to carry as a kid. But you kind of just like connect with God. Like that's where I feel like your purpose comes in, because to make people feel and to make that to tie those spirits together, like you know what I'm saying, Like I know exactly what you're feeling, and to uplift people in a way like spiritually, that would have to be you know, being purposeful, letting God use you as a vessel, which I think that feeling carries over into my music. Now.
Speaker 6: You know, outside of the family, ever been to a psychic medium being that they like you know, are around death so.
Speaker 3: Much girl.
Speaker 1: Respectful, right, So there's a lot of similarities. We ain't down with that though, we don't roll on that side. We keep it up. Have a good one. Praise God, see you in the glory. That hilarious, so funny. That does remind me of the story. So when I first moved to La I was literally like just coming out of being like in this very contained box like you're in the Disney thing, and I was very sheltered some people I did not have the normal experience. I really also didn't want to like rebel. I just wanted to work seriously. So when I came out here and I moved out here as an adult, I graduated early at seventeen, I was like actually living for the first time ever. And I remember I had this friend and she was super into like all of the witcheryas and whatnot. And I was like, ooh, girl, that ain't my truth. But we went to this one little like halloween thing and she was like, oh, we should get our cards read. I was like, okay, girl, We did that, and then I literally called my mom. I was like, Mom, pay for me. For me, girl, I have my cards right. I was so sorry. I was so damn scared. We do not be clear like that. Yeah, literally hilarious.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was like it was too spooky for me. It was giving Halloween town Halloween. I was like, let me move out. Three hell all three?
Speaker 2: All three.
Speaker 1: I was like, it's too much.
Speaker 4: No, no, I feel it. Yeah, you don't want to learn stuff. It's like going to the doctor. I guess right, for you know, it's like learning stuff. It's like I don't I wish I didn't learn that because now I got to deal with Jay.
Speaker 1: We do need to go to the door.
Speaker 4: I know, I know, I know. Mexicans don't go to the doctor, like we don't want to we wait till it now.
Speaker 7: Mexican men don't be going to the Mexican.
Speaker 4: Men don't go to the like.
Speaker 1: That's a lot of men. Wh Why don't y'all care about your health?
Speaker 5: We do.
Speaker 4: We just you know, we're gonna figure it out.
Speaker 7: They be scared of needles, they be scared of they just do.
Speaker 1: Y'all believe that most men are like low ky babies. They're just grown little little babies. Okay, period, I'll be scared of that. You agree yourself.
Speaker 4: We're children. We're all children in the world. We're all children trying you know, I know right well, were only the ones to grow up part of women totally. I mean when does a woman grow up?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: I mean, let's get real.
Speaker 4: Was your was your brother like the like the golden child was he could he not do no wrong? Yeahs, you had to make your own plate l L.
Speaker 1: It wasn't that dramatic. I'm the confrontation queen. I'd be like, let's sit down and talk about this because I'm feeling unheard. No, I definitely feel like there's this thing with like moms and sons to where they're like my son for the.
Speaker 4: Reason, Hello, why what's worried about you guys? Where are the protectors protecting them?
Speaker 7: You're protect health, you're.
Speaker 4: Defense, and somebody breaks into the house. We're the first ones who approached the danger, not y'all.
Speaker 7: Nico and I.
Speaker 6: Who has a bat by their bedside? Yeah, but that's not your best side?
Speaker 7: I got that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, Yeah, it's so cute. So anytime I'm not at the crib or DJing anywhere else, she keeps a knife by her bedside because she's.
Speaker 1: Not playing around. Yeah, I think anybody needs to get slizz. Yeah, it's real.
Speaker 7: Out here, all hidden throughout.
Speaker 4: The right, that's right, the title track why not morey G Marley, Right, that's the man. What a vibe and so smart. I think, what a smart collab there.
Speaker 1: Thank you? Yeah, I mean I really am glad that it worked out like that. You know, with artists, it's like, oh my god, we should work together, y'all, don't worry never bro right. No, but actually this was a very like seamless collapse and why so dope, Like he just good vibes. So I was honored to be able to like make that work with him, and I think also why not more? The song is the sentiment of the album in a way too, because like R and B, but I'm on like this like Island Vibe, like these are things that I was like, dang, this is out the box and this is something different than what I've done before. But I feel like when am I supposed to teach the audience that I'm all of these different things? It's not now, you know.
Speaker 5: And also too, it was a good break between the album because it was R and B and then you get the YG Marley song and then it's R and B outterwards. I'm like, cool, it's like a good like refresher.
Speaker 1: That's real, that's real. How don't say that?
Speaker 4: What's up?
Speaker 1: How's that? Are you excited about that? I'm so excited, literally going to rehearsals right after this in the car. I'm so excited. I think this time I'm way more intentional because I know that that's an important thing to consider. I feel like with the EP it was kind of like, oh my gosh, I have all of this relevancy again. Oh my gosh, I have a show. Now I'm signed again. I'm an adult. I don't want to mess this up. Everybody picked for me, so literally, down to the color scheme, I didn't pick a thing. I didn't want to because I didn't want to be wrong. And I also was like, how does this work as an adult versus me being signed at fourteen and not knowing anything to now being grown and being like what do I need to learn here? Like this is a real business. So I was kind of figuring it out. But this time on the tour, I've learned, Okay, everything has to come from me. So what am I? What do I want? What do I want to say? Who do I want to be? And how do I want that world to be built out? So I'm really really happy with like the aesthetics, the choreo, the music, it all is coming from me this time.
Speaker 4: There you go. You're on TikTok. Your countdown to the album drop was serious, like it was real. Yeah, And I think day two You're like, yo, I'm mourning. I'm in mourning. What was that about?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I was like, was it a shehad? Maybe I think you were shedding maybe a layer.
Speaker 1: It felt like all of that for real, all of that, the girl, that I was for this because I take this stuff so seriously, like this is my life and it's not a game. I really only get the one opportunity to do a first anything for real, and you know, as an adult you have less and less first you know what I'm saying. So it was so important to me and I'm and I'm so like critical of myself. Is this really the best work I could do? Is it's really the best thing that I could really put on here? You know what I'm saying. That I really impress myself, you know what I'm saying. So I think when it was finally done, there was such a relief that I just wanted to cry, you know, because I'd been carrying this like burden and it's my job, no complaining out here, you know what I'm saying. But it's like a heavy pressure. Like, girl, I'm sure when you ran that marathon you was ready to cry because like you did, you know, that was like a perfect analogy. I ain't ran no marathon. I don't plan on doing that. It felt like really yes, yes, yes, it's the reflection too. It's the reflection of like those critical times where you're like pushing past the most uncomfortable feelings like I am not going to do anything half assed, so like I would try everything. I would try sessions with new people I didn't know, I didn't know if it was going to mean anything, and I would push past, like we're not vibing, this is not chemistry. But I love this track and I don't want to waste this track. So what do I do? You know, like all of these uncomfortable scenarios of like go in and re record that again, and I'll rerecord it again. It wasn't hidden. It's like you know what I'm saying, Like all of the things you do to make something great, you just be like ah, Like when it's finally over, it's like that pressure is lifted.
Speaker 6: Yes, And I also feel too, like when you like let out those emotions like crying or whatever it may be, like frustration, anger, you tend to go back and be like those are the parts of your life that you just kind of remember in increments where you're just like, Okay, I remember I got through that, and I can keep on going.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I definitely was so grateful too, like grateful that I've been raised by parents who have taught me like it's gonna be hard. It's going to be hard, and that's just how it is, you know. So it doesn't make me scared like maybe I ain't got it no more, maybe I can't write another song like maybe. But it's gonna be hard though, because that to compete with yourself and like to already do something good that's out in the world that people constantly are into and compare and you know what that did, and to have that pressure when you're like, Okay, now, how do I do that again? But I'm not going to be able to copy that exact same thing, but it has to feel that same way. It's just like, it's no joke. It's no joke. I felt like a scientist. Oh for real, Literally, that's insane.
Speaker 4: So there's got to be like a pile of songs to pick from, right, yeah, and then a certain amount makes the project right. And what happens to the other songs? They're puot on hold you go back to them.
Speaker 1: Some I mean, it's all types of stuff. Some of them are shopped out for like other artists, Like some of the producers are like, hey, can we shop this out because we you know, we really like it and whatnot. And I'm like, yeah, for sure, unless I'm like, hold on to that one, brother. Sometimes they're revisited, Like I have my oldest song, the Other Side of Love. The oldest sign on this album is like three or four years old. It was one of the first songs that I ever did when I first got signed to the Deaf Jam High Standards, and at the time, it wasn't it wasn't time for it to come out on the EP, you know what I mean saying like people needed to understand me a little bit more. But yeah, so you revisit some of them and some of them, I don't know. I don't know what happens to right right, No, literally, but you never know. Like I heard this interview with Sabriena Cardio, I think, and she was talking about a song she wrote like twenty ten or something that's now will Beyonce song, Like you know, anything happen, you never know, you know, you never know.
Speaker 4: That'd be crazy, right, Like yo, No, literally, I'm like, you.
Speaker 1: Need this hard drive friend, I will shoebop you bop.
Speaker 7: Overnight, I personally to get to your studio.
Speaker 4: Hello. The title why not more with a question mark? So it's a question. Yeah, so why why why call the album that?
Speaker 1: Well, for me myself, I wanted people to to kind of understand where my head's at with this album. I'm not trying to say that I know this formula and I fully have myself figured out that is not what I am right now. Right now, I am a lot of different and things and I gotta fine tune it with time. So hopefully what people take away from this album is like, Okay, Coco understands that this is a development thing. This is my first and I am I'm nothing but going to grow, and I just want people to grow with me, and also to look inward for themselves and ask themselves the questions of like what are the things you want to be doing that you're scared to do and why, and like really ask yourselves if that answer is good enough.
Speaker 4: Ah, that's great. I love that. Was there another title for the album.
Speaker 1: So the other option was Coco, you know, like the self titled. But I just feel like that is such a serious and like and she fully gets herself girl, and I'm like.
Speaker 7: I'm not like super grown, and you're just like.
Speaker 1: No, seriously, I'm like, she's like my mother and I'm like her baby, and I'm like, I'm not her yet fully and maybe I will be my next album. Maybe it'll take my third album. But I'll know when it's like this is Coco and I'll pose like this like a side progra very president style, like you know what it is in the pantsuit. Maybe maybe, I mean, I don't want to hurt him with the pants don't hurt.
Speaker 6: It's gonna be like the lash artist like that, like.
Speaker 1: Siro that's hilarious, literally like lashes on fourteen and I'm like, per professional, yo.
Speaker 4: I had a I had a black man. I had such a good time hosting that event with you.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, I too, but with that ragging on you too much. I was just joking with you.
Speaker 4: You know what's crazy is that you have I have a producer talking to me and I'm listening to you and I'm.
Speaker 1: Reading, oh gosh, you life man what They had him up there and then there was some technical difficulties and he was like making jokes. I was like, he was like that comedian. When you're trying to build your audience, you really got to convince folks. Nobody fighting with their life more than a comedian. That people don't know. They're like, you're already mad. They already made Your.
Speaker 4: Dancers were like good job. They're like, oh my god, we are carried very well. Yes it was we are.
Speaker 1: I feel you.
Speaker 4: I feel yeah. But we were up there, working man, and you were up there. You performed so much, and you know you gave that crowd everything you had. Its amazing.
Speaker 1: That's what I always That's what I always strive to do. I literally I made this post on my Instagram and it was my first album quote unquote ever literally ten years old, and my mom like burned the CD on her windows PC. She like put the like packing stickers all in the pattern of the CD to like print out the album artwork. Literally, so d I y. But I listened to those demos and I could cry on command because I know how much I put into every single thing. I would sing so hard literally they would be like you have to stop, like you have to take it down or not. Like literally, I would body them demos. They did not know what to do with me. I wanted it so bad. I was not holding back. Evan.
Speaker 4: They had you singing on a Mory show right early in the morning. Use my language. The earliest ship.
Speaker 1: Hello, it was so early. That's actually a hilarious story because in the full Mormans. Okay, so my mom. I used to feel like my mom had like the superpower of if I didn't do what she said, something bad was gonna happen. Another reason why I was very straight a okay, I was like, too much, can't risk it.
Speaker 4: It's like being a Mexican girl.
Speaker 1: What do you mean you always right?
Speaker 7: No, yes, literally all the time, and I now, looking back, I'm like, you should.
Speaker 4: I told her like yeah, like about wearing makeup and stuff like that, you ready and what No.
Speaker 6: My mom would always tell me like She's like, she was like, you have to wear makeup everywhere you go because you never know who you're gonna be. I'm like, Mom, I'm just going to Target, Like that's literally, I just need to get one thing on my back, get ready.
Speaker 1: And then you you be like girl, you tripping and go out somewhere and be fully seen looking like a hobbit. I'd be like, well no, literally, my mom is so right. She was like, you need to rehearse before the march. I was really early. I was like, girl, but I do this in my sleep. Literally, got up there and I sang if I was a boy, oh, and I cracked so bad. It was a crack. It was bad, literally, and I had to keep it player because I am an actress the end of the day.
Speaker 4: You're right, how old were you you were?
Speaker 1: I was nine? No?
Speaker 4: Yeah, nah.
Speaker 1: We don't play like that over here in the Jones family. There's a level to its. There's a level to it. And like I knew, like the work ethic that I am required to do to I should have listened, you know. I learned the hard way.
Speaker 7: And now you're every single time hello.
Speaker 1: I'm like, y'all, I gotta sing this real quick.
Speaker 4: That's right, nah? Man, the debut album, why not more Coco Jones? The tour is on its way.
Speaker 1: You're on your way to rehearsal, right, Like this is the tour start?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 4: You know your team. Shout out to your team.
Speaker 1: Shout out to my team. You fel me.
Speaker 4: I've seen them hard at work, the scenes that you know, the stuff people don't get to see. Ye, I've seen them hard at work, and they all have this look on their face like they got to get it right. We got to get it right because they know how.
Speaker 1: Tom what's going on? What's up, y'all? This is Coco Jones on the Cruise Show. Tap into the number one afternoon show in LA from two to seven pm on Real nine, two three,