Speaker 1: Minnesota Goodbye. This is our after the show podcast. If you are first time listener, welcome. If you've listened before, you know what this is all about. It is basically we talk about anything and everything. We were a little less restricted as far as like, you know, I don't know. We don't come here to swear and be vulgar, but we know we can talk about we can if we want to. Thank you, Bailey, thank you. Uh let's read some emails because that is kind of the heart of the Minnesota Goodbye, and let's see what we've got here. Let's start off with Nicole. Nicole says, hey, everybody, I was listened to yesterday's show when Jenny hosted Think Fast and had a rhyming section.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did. Do you remember it was like word right, missletoe and like igloo.
Speaker 1: Well you said you were looking. She specifically addresses Jenny was looking for something that rhymes with missletoe, and I have to admit I was screaming out Christmas ho, Christmas ho. I guess it doesn't totally rhyme, but I made my self laf pretty hard. But that's so I wanted to share. That is all carry on from Nicole Thank you, Nicole. We definitely appreciate the laugh Christmas.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 1: Next one page rights in Hey wait for my computer to boot at work. I figured i'd send over a couple of quick topics for the Minnesota Goodbye. We really do appreciate, like you know, your creativity and input because we have we're out of ideas, out of ideas. Yeah, here are some topics for the Minnesota Goodbye. What is your favorite Christmas song? Mine, no question is Sleigh Ride, the Leroy Anderson version. That's all an instrumental with trumpets, and the instrumentation is just phenomenal. And how the back then they didn't do like you know, the editing they did. It was an orchestra plane. It live and they fucking nail it and it's so good. And at the end of the little trumpet he goes bump bump, bump, bump bump bum.
Speaker 2: I love that, you do love that. That's always your favorite musical moment. If we do like a Christmas theme.
Speaker 1: On Jenny, what's your favorite Christmas song?
Speaker 2: Okay, I love one that's a little bit obscure. It's Christmas Time by Christina Aguilera, and I feel like Bailey maybe would know what if she heard it, But I heard it. It wasn't a very like radio crazy song, but I did hear it. I think I want to say I did hear it played on Cool in a way before. But it's so good Christmas time, Christina Aguilera, I love it.
Speaker 4: Mine is Ebenezer Scrooge from the Muppet Christmas Carol, and I am being fully serious.
Speaker 1: How's it go?
Speaker 3: This is that Benneezer Scrooge?
Speaker 4: Oh that I was mister hum Bog, that I was miss d Graham that made a prize for being mean the winner?
Speaker 3: What be him? Old Scrooge?
Speaker 1: He loves his money, cud o.
Speaker 2: I don't know that I know that one. I'll listen to it.
Speaker 3: It is a good song. It's a banger.
Speaker 4: And then the vegetables singing it their little Muppet vegetables, and then they say they don't like them, and then the guy goes, see, even the vegetables don't like them.
Speaker 3: Best part of the song.
Speaker 1: I'm going to play something from it is I think it is is from a Christmas special and I'm not sure exactly which one, but I'm gonna go ahead and play this for you. It is the heat Miser and snow Miser song. No, it's not a Christmas song, but it is definitely my favorite Christmas TV special song. So I'm gonna play this for you now, pushing all the right buttons and here we go. One second. It'll take an instant to pop up.
Speaker 3: I'm missener, what Christmas, I'm mister Snow, I'm mister second.
Speaker 1: I'm mister friends call me snow Miser whatever I touch. So this is from like a nineteen sixties stop motion and I can't remember what it's from. It's from either like Year without a Santa Claus or Santa Claus is coming to town and he's got a brother named heat Miser. Yeah, so there's heat Miser and snow Miser and they combat each other to control the weather.
Speaker 3: I am familiar.
Speaker 2: Bailey, and I know that song Tiktalk. Yes, why because it was. It's a huge trend to do makeup, at least that's what I see. It's always like makeup trends where they do half their face as a heat miser and half as the snow. So it'll be like, you know, heat is red and the other ones like snow. And these makeup artists are insane and so they like sing along with it, lipsyen to it, and then they like do their makeup over the course of the song, and I.
Speaker 4: Like dance trend to people would dance to the song. It's a it's a bop and song for trip talk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it'll probably come up again soon with Christmas coming up because I always start seeing things that's my favorite.
Speaker 1: I love that. I love that song ever since I was a little kid and watch that on TV. What is your favorite Christmas movie? It says Page, very good question, Probably National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. It used to be Christmas Story, But I've I love that movie so much, but I've seen it enough times I don't ever want to see it again. What about you, Bailey?
Speaker 4: Mine is The Santa Claus with Tim Allen, And I just want to say specifically because back in the nineties they used to make movies where parents were divorced, and my parents were divorced, so I miss those times and now it's always their parent is dead, Like I just want a divorced family now because I really connected with that whole like storyline of having you know, two families. Yeah, in the Santa Claus and Bernard was hot.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. I don't disagree, honestly, but now like later in life, if I look back, I probably wouldn't feel the same. But in the day back then, I.
Speaker 3: Wout a babe. He was so crabby.
Speaker 2: Mine would be either the Holiday or the Grinch with Jim Carrey. I don't know. The Holiday is very cute, see, but the Grinch is more Christmas theme. So that's why I feel like I have to go with the Grinch.
Speaker 1: Okay, next question, what gift if you've received? And you get to answer these too. I mean, I hope you're answering these to yourself as you're listening. What gift if you received as an adult that was something you use often or has been your favorite. I need a minute to think about as one adult. I got an ok let's go, I rarely use it. I got a banjo that I played twice. I get an Xbox that I've played once. Honestly, in the last few years, I cannot think of anything like the big presence just and we're not doing big presents this year. We're doing small ish presents. Yeah, So Jenny, anything come to mind?
Speaker 2: I mean I would say my mom got me a really dull hair straightener, like a year or two ago. So if I ever straightened my hair, I love that thing. But other than that, Andrew bought this big canvas of a map that you can put pins on it, so we can put where we've traveled across the world. Oh cool, and we have it hanging in our basement. Our basement's kind of like our travel snow themed vibe in the house. And I get excited when we get to put a new pin up, and I make it a whole thing. And one time you put a pin up without me and I made him take it off and do it again.
Speaker 1: Do it again. Hell yeah, absolutely, that's a together thing, Bailey.
Speaker 4: I don't usually get a lot of presents because I don't ask for them. I don't getting gifts. It just makes me feel awkward my head. My old boyfriend got me blink cameras for I mean, everybody has them now, but he got them for me so that I could check in on my cat whenever I wanted to. So now I can like go look inside of my living room and see if my cat is sleeping and just stare at him.
Speaker 3: So that was really thoughtful.
Speaker 1: Okay, cute. Yeah, what gift are you hoping for this year. I'm not hoping for any gift this year. Once in a while I think of something like, oh, I kind of like that one, but we're definitely going low on gifts this year. I think maybe a faux for over the top men's coat, like with just like just fucking long.
Speaker 3: Like the ones we tried on at the fashion fest.
Speaker 1: Bailey and I were at fashion Fest and they had faux fur and it was just so much fun trying them on. And I've I've like for five years. I want to over the top men's faux fur coat, probably like three hundred.
Speaker 2: I want to be in that mob wife era. That was a whole thing like a year ago, was it. Yeah, wearing those big faux fur coats. It was mob wife aesthetic.
Speaker 1: I kind of want people to look at me and going, what the fuck is he wearing?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I kind of like that. What about you, Jenny?
Speaker 2: I asked my dad if he could figure out how to install a shower in our camper van. When he asked me the other day, and he laughed at me. He said, no, I can't do that, and then I was like, with it, I don't know, So I really don't know. There's nothing I'm asking for this year.
Speaker 4: Bailey speaking of my ex boyfriend. When he left, he took things that I used and now I miss them. I want a record player, I want a steamer for your voice, like your you know, throat, and I want a steamer for your clothes. And he had all three things and I don't have any of them.
Speaker 1: What's a steamer for your throat?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but like it it's a thing that you put over your mouth, like if you're sick or you know, you have a sore throat or a cough or whatever, and it just like puts you inhale steam and it like loosens up your throat and makes you feel better.
Speaker 1: We used to call those a vaporizer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, vaporiser. I just I guess, I don't know. There's like a million names for him. I just called a steamer for your mouth and a steamer for your clothes.
Speaker 1: When I was a kid, my mom would put a it was the size of a like an ice cream bucket, and would plug into the wall and you would fill it with water and then and it would like put vapor into the air, and supposedly that madeor cold or flu go away faster, bettermier like a humidifier, but it was warm air. Yeah. So and then I think she'd put like Vicks vapo rub on it so it would smell like vic So, wow, there's a memory. Okay, another one. We're traveling out of state and I need to give family a few ideas, and Grandma says, no gift cards. So any suggestion is great board games, maybe a board game of a popular board game, or maybe a giant Jenga. I don't have any other ideas really.
Speaker 2: I like, I've gotten into puzzles recently, so I think a puzzle can always be a fun gift because it really can hit like any I don't know if she said specifically an age group or person, but it's kind of a broad present kind of like that.
Speaker 4: Always like experiences, So tickets to show, tickets to a movie, or going to amusement park or whatever, water park, something like that, some kind of thing that you can all together and remember the times you had.
Speaker 1: And a specific question for Bailey, what was your job at Disney? In my mind, I picture is one of the people dressed up like a character.
Speaker 4: Oh I wish I auditioned for that, and they didn't want me. I worked in merchandise at the Magic Kingdom in Tomorrowland and at Epcot during the Food and Wine Festival and the Flower and Garden Festival.
Speaker 1: Okay, cool, Yeah, thank page for all the questions. I really enjoyed that. That was a lot of fun. Let's check and I want to make sure all my buttons are right. So give me one second to pause here and make sure. Okay, we look good, we look.
Speaker 2: Good, We're good, we are yes, okay, audio, I.
Speaker 1: Think so yeah. Okay, here's the next one. Don't say my name. Hello morning show crew. First of all, you are amazing and make my day brighter. I take pride that I'm a P one listener. That means like the biggest listener. I only listened back on the podcast, so I don't miss a minute of the show, but I miss opportunities to win because of my obsession, a risk I'm willing to take. Bo I'm just glad you're here. Currently sit and wait for my daughter to get done with gymnastics. I heard you talk about dadisms. My dad was a mechanic and always said he could fix anything except a broken heart. Until I broke my wrist. My cast still hangs on their Christmas tree to this day. That's cute, Oh my gosh. But with my kids, before we go out the door, they are debating what to take. I always say, what would Dave Ryan and what would Dave Ryan say? And my oldest, who is seven, says it's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it, advice we live by daily. I give full credit to my dad on that one, because I'm sure he didn't originate it, but I can still hear him. When I'm packing for a boy Scout backpacking trip, I would say like, Dad, do I need to bring this? And he'd be like, wow, better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. And he was right.
Speaker 3: He knows what he's talking about.
Speaker 1: We were able to come buy your book and meet you and Susan at Barnes and Noble earlier this year, and even made your weekend in five pictures. We were both very excited, and she often asked when can we meet the rest of them the crew, so hoping we can make that happen in the near future. Listen, I mean this sounds ridiculous, but if you ever are serious about coming to meet us, you can come to the radio station. I mean, we're not. Somebody asked me yesterday, they said, hey, when are you going to go out and about and do something out in public Again, I said, we don't have anything on the books, really nothing right now, not right now.
Speaker 2: But that's just because the holiday season's here, and honestly, everyone's super busy. I feel like so and Christmas Wish is a lot of work, so I feel like the month of December is kind of a wash for us.
Speaker 1: Kind of. Yeah, we don't have anything like appearances at the mall or anything like that. But if you ever are serious you want to come to the radio station, shoot me an email and we'll set it up. I mean, we can't hea you in for very long, but come in for fifteen minutes, Say hi, get a picture, say hi to everybody, watch the show for a minute and you're on your way.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: We love doing that. Yeah, send me an email. I also make my daughter listen to Christmas Wish daily to hopefully help them be more grateful as we are fortunate enough to be able to spoil two healthy children. While I sit there and cry, I hope they taken the impact that you all have. Thanks for all you do for the community, and we can't wait to meet you all soon. Thank you very nice email. Nate writes in on Monday, you were talking about what Dave should do with his old radio tapes, because I've got tapes of me from when I was seventeen all the way to like, you know, their tapes, and I stopped taping the show probably in the mid nineties and it's all digital now. Somebody mentioned donating them to thrift stores and giving listeners the surprise of finding old Dave Ryan tapes while browsing through the store. That wouldn't do anything for me because I don't have a cassette player, but it did remind me of my Dave Ryan thrift store fine from a year or so ago. I was at a thrift store in Saint Peter, Minnesota browsing the books when I came across take a shower, show up on time and don't steal anything. Best fifty cents I ever spent. Yeah, just too bad. I didn't have it when Dave was doing his podcast by the same name. Speaking of Dave, do you think you'll ever start doing solo podcasting again, whether it's back to that original theme or something completely new. Thanks for taking time to read my email, Nate. Yeah, I plan to, but I'm very good at procrastinating.
Speaker 3: Super good at it. I used to listen to that podcast sometimes. Yeah hurt.
Speaker 1: It actually did very well, but then I kind of just ran out of ideas. Slash steam you got for the book.
Speaker 3: You were like, well that's all.
Speaker 1: Yeah I did. I would like say, okay, today we're going to concentrate on this chapter. But thank you it. I'm glad you enjoyed it, and yeah, that will return sometime. I got an email from somebody the other day because we're talking about my dog Josie, and they you know, somebody gave me the idea of getting a paw print. And there's actually a kit you can buy on Amazon where it's a non messy pawprint and it's hard to explain, so I won't, but basically, your your dog makes a little pawprint on a piece of paper without ink all over their paws, and then I get a get tattoo.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, somebody wrote in and said, we did something really awesome with our dog's nose and we got a nose print, and I thought that look at Jenny as she is smiling, because that is very sweet. The paw print is very sweet, but their nose is even sweeter.
Speaker 4: Meek.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so thank you Kelly. Kelly wrote in and said, I said, how did you do it? And she said, the vet did it and send it to me after we put our boys down. Not sure you'd be able to do it mess free or if it needs to be a regular inkstamp or whatever. But I really think I want to do that because I just love my girl.
Speaker 3: You should and I think it meant to it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you got to not just say I think I want to do that and then say I think I think.
Speaker 3: I think for forever and ever and ever, it's too late.
Speaker 1: That is me. Thank you, Bailey, So thank you Kelly. And then we have one more weird she says. It's from Katie. She says, Oh my goodness. I tried to listen to the podcast that the girl wrote in on Tuesday mentioned and holy shit, the first seventeen minutes were ads. Seventeen minutes. I got to the point where I kept listening to see how long it would go. Goodness, gracious, they do just be letting anybody have a podcast these days? Don't they thankful for all the KATIEWB podcasts. I listened to every minute of everyone every day.
Speaker 2: They're talking about the podcast that they were talking about you on.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, is that what it was?
Speaker 3: OK?
Speaker 1: That makes sense they're.
Speaker 2: Talking about that they're not talking about.
Speaker 3: I was like, I hope it's not our.
Speaker 2: Like that, but like, man, if they have that many ads, that means their podcast is doing well, because no kidding, there's ads on podcasts who get listened.
Speaker 1: So WHOA A little fun fact. We talked about Barry Keyogan and the girl that he cheated with. We found out because of text messages that she lives any Dinah, that she's from a Dinah.
Speaker 4: And that she just had a ski accident. So she's at home and broke.
Speaker 1: Her spine like a bone in her spine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the l one, which I assume is a bone in your spine.
Speaker 1: That sounds serious, I know, but they said.
Speaker 4: She didn't get paralyzed or anything, but she just broke her spine and she's.
Speaker 1: Home recovering with mama any Dinah any Dinah.
Speaker 2: We could run into her, I DM her, but she hasn't even looked at it yet, so we.
Speaker 1: Could ask her on the air tomorrow. I mean ask on the air. She's laying around, somebody will I can guarantee you this one. If she's not listening, somebody she knows is listening, and then they would call her and say, hey, what's her name? By Brecky, they're talking about you on KTWB. Whether she would want to call in or not is probably a different story. Yeah, she got like four million Instagram followers.
Speaker 2: TikTok on Instagram. She still has a lot. It's like two point three.
Speaker 1: So yeah, that's a lot. Yeah, okay, wow, And that's going to do it for the Minnesota. Goodbye. Send in your thoughts, random questions. I think it was page that send in a bunch of random questions. Thank you very much. We love anything that you write in the Minnesota. Goodbye. Email is Ryan Show at KDWB dot com.