Speaker 1: Five o five.
Speaker 2: If you you have k r C E talk station, Happy Friday.
Speaker 3: S a v P.
Speaker 2: There it is, must be Friday. There's a woohoo. Thank you. Just trekkor executive producer Brian Thomas right here, glad to be and looking forward to hearing from you. Maybe you got something to say or a specific topic you want to talk about. Oh look, Elon Musk and Donald Trump fighting it out making Uh, it's just so childish. Just beside myself on this. Anyhow, if I want three seven four nine fifty, five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two three talko with pound five fifty on your EIGHTE and T phones. Today it is tech Friday with Dave Hatter every Friday at six thirty. I always enjoy hearing from Dave. Today. Look out for the latest scam. Oh look there's a scam, Hey Joe. How come Dave Hatter never talks about scams. We have a new word, brushing. He has a new term every week. I think of, like, what was it yesterday? A juice Joe? Juice jacking? That was with Jay rat If I heard me the aviation expert reporting on the fact that you should avoid using the charging stations at airports because hackers can control your computer or a hack into your computer and steal from it. He didn't know what it was called. I didn't know what it was called. But Dave had was listening to the program and he sent Joe an email. It's called juice jacking. I don't know that i'd heard that one before. He may have brought that one up. But there are so many terms in tech these days today. Brushing You and I will learn together. Unless you're on tech, unless you're tech savvy and already know what it is, we'll talk about that. We also have TV ads analyzing your emotions in order to show your ads based on the emotions that you're expressing. Frightening technology. This is why I hate smart TVs. And finally, with Dave, had to vote for the best tech in Cincinnati. The ceremony at the hard Rock Cafe in September. Details on that coming up beginning at six point thirty. I am looking forward to seven oh five. Citizen Watchdog Todds ens or is he coming in the studio? Joe usually does, always does. That is true love Todds Zinser. In the work that he does. He is such an Intelligent man Form Inspector in General for the United States of America, Citizen Watchdog Inspector General for the City of Cincinnati on behalf of this citizenry not in the paid capacity. Todd doesn't get paid for the work that he does, but the missing audit has been found. Also, I love this caption the Great Cincinnati train robbery. In addition, we will talk about other city based shenanigans with Citizen Watchdog Tod censer and God bless you Todd for the work that you're doing, at least trying to keep the council people and the mayor of the city accountable. Do they listen to him? Usually not. Usually they keep their head down and they're really upset when he sends them letters that put them on the spot. And God bless Fridays. God bless the German citizenry in the city of Cincinnati, the various German societies today. And I have a feeling there will be food in the studio and I will eat it in the studio. To my employers, go ahead, fire me. Donna Schwaben schwabin Fest is this weekend. I'm tired of lying about not eating food in the studio and my German friends and other festivals come into town and they come in the morning show bringing bearing gifts. I'm in a point in my career where they can go ahead and fire me, knock yourselves out. So let's enjoy the final hour of the fifty five kcing Morning Show together. We'll find out about Donnash Robin, what's going to be happening at the weekend, what kind of food you'll be eating, and the festivities, the gimmut, the kite you will be enjoying. They're great people at Donna Schwabin. So there's your lineup this morning, and again feel free to call. And it is D Day, June sixth, the beginning of the end of World War Two. And thank you jos Chrecker for this article, because you know what, according to Defense dot Gov, where this article appears, five things you may not know about D Day. So rather than talk about Elon Musk and Donald Trump trading barbes on social media, it isn't that a sort of a I understand social media, and I understand X and I understand truth, and I understand that is the way people communicate these days. But I find it to be a childish childish, childish thing.
Speaker 4: God.
Speaker 2: Anyway, it's got me down this morning. If you haven't gotten the impression of that already. Anyway, D Day, the masion of Normandy, Operation Overlord, goes by a bunch of different names. Do you know where you know where the D Day came from? Why it is called D Day? According to Defense dot Gov, that is the most frequently asked question of the National World War Two Museum. The true meaning remains up for debate, they say, But we'll go with us. General Dwight D. Eisenhower and what he said, through his executive assistant, Brigadier General Robert Schultz quote be advised that any amphibious operation has a departure date shortened to D Day. He said, there were actually several other D Days during the war. Normandy just happened to be the biggest and most well known for obvious reasons. To anybody who remember has any recollection of the events of World War Two, actually set up a day earlier. And when I went on my first honor flight, I went with a World War Two veteran who was deployed and worked in the weather forecasting area. And he actually felt a little badly about that. He said, I didn't see combat. I wasn't part of the combat. I kind of feel like he didn't say I shouldn't be here, but there were a lot of combat veterans there, and he sort of felt like a second class citizen. And I looked at him, I said, what are you talking about? I said, wellout guy's like you, you know, doing weather forecasting. I mean, and I even mentioned D Day, which was impacted by the weather whether A lot of weather related requirements were necessary to pull it off. They needed to be long days from maximum air airpower usage. A near full moon was needed to help guide ships and airborne troops. The tides had to be strong enough to expose beast obstacles at low tide and float supply filled landing vehicles onto the beach during the high tide. Each hour also crucial, and then it relied on those tides to be rising at the time. There also had to be an hour of daylight just before bombard beforehand for bombardment accuracy. Only nine days in May and June fit all of those requirements, so Convenders eventually sett it on the fifth of June. However, thanks to forecasts that showed a short window of good weather that day, Eisenhower decided last minute to switch D Day to the early hours of June sixth, so there you have it. Weather forecasters obviously had a profound impact on the success of the invasion. Stories of how US troops stormed the beach is of Normandy legendary, with names Omaha Beach and Utah Beach standing out foremost in people's minds. With the invasions stretched out over fifty miles, so the United States couldn't do it alone. The other beach invasions by Allied troops happened simultaneously. Great Britain and some smaller forces stormed Gold and Sword Beaches. Canada, and the Canadians took Juneo Beach almost a failure. A lot went wrong on D Day, they report, especially for the Americans who refers to launch the invasions. Thousands of US paratroopers died in their drop behind enemy lines at Utah Beach, shot out of the sky by enemy fire, or weighted down and drowning in flooded marshes. That is something I had no idea having. Many also missed their landing spots, as did some of the Seaborn forces which landed more than a mile from their intended destinations thanks to strong currents. Omaha offensive turned out to be the bloodiest of the day because while Army intelligence underestimated the German stronghold there, rough surf caused huge problems for the amphibious tanks launched it see, only two of twenty nine made it to the shore. Many of the infantrymen who stormed off the boats gunned down by Germans. General Omar Bradley, who led the Omaha forces, nearly considered abandoning the operation. And I think of that, getting off of one of those amphibious landing crafts, knowing full well there's a whole bunch of Germans with machine guns aiming right at you, dropping from the sky in a parachute. You're just a target. Talk about stones, talk about whoevos. In spite of those challenges, both sectors of US troops managed to advance their positions for overall success. Also, Enigma decoding, the German code machine known as Enigma really and they say they refer to as one of the most brilliant strategies, came out of World War Two. Radio, the standard communication at the time. Allies and access powers both needed machines to turn military plans into secret codes. Germans had this Enigma device, thought to be unbreakable until they broke it. A team of Polish and British experts led by Alan Turing, which you can check out the story it's depicted in the Oscar winning movie The Imitation Game, they cracked the code and what became the foundation for the modern computer. Instead of telling the world about it, though, the leaders thought the device would be more useful if they kept secret amen so for years Germans plans hindered by the decryptid messages, including on D Day. Officials said German codes intercepted before D Day precisely pinpointed nearly all of the German fighting units in the Normandy area On D Day itself. It helped Allied commanders get word of their troops progress quicker and through their own communication channels. So the Germans are up there talking about, hey, they're over, they're storming this beach here, they're right there, and we knew they knew where we were, so obviously you can adjust the situation accordingly. Breaking Germany's codes later those of the Japanese proved to be the huge advantage that we enjoyed in the Allies included. While current controversial for its secrecy, the decoding process widely credited with saving hundreds of thousands of lives and shortening the war by nearly two years. We actually developed our own superior code machine called Sigaba Sigaba before entering the war, and that code was never broken. So sixth of June D Day, God bless the American patriotarly American veterans, those who proudly served World War Two, and of course the hundreds of thousands who lost their lives in the name of freedom and fighting off the Nazis and the Japanese, and of course for a while the Italians. Five sixteen coming up a five seventeen fifty five KRCD talk station planning more to talk about coming up. I hope you can stick around and you can feel free to call love to hear from you. You're right back fifty five car the talk station this September seven, five one, right now that the five care CD talk sit first, some word from leven you get out of bed music, feel free to call if you care. If you five KRC dot com, don't forget the podcast page. Jay Ratliffe always enjoyed talking with Jack. Just really love that guy to death. So we had some interesting topics in the aviation report. Yesterday, Ohio State Representative Jennifer Gross in studio for a full hour. We talked medicaid. It's a mess in Ohio. But fortunately they're working on it. They got some people on the job now trying to fire it out. The fraud, wasted abuse, saving hopefully at some point up to six billion dollars that is going to people who are not eligible for Medicaid. That is so distressing. You have people that have assets north of a million dollars that have been getting Medicaid. And what really irked me is, you know, we have a paid vendor, third party vendor. It's Lexus Nexus. They're paid to let the state know and let the Medical HOI Medicaid Department know what people's assets are. If you have more than X number of dollars in your bank account, you're not eligible. Lexus Nexus, at the behest of one of our representatives, did it get a look, looked at a slice of the disabled and elderly, and looking at that slice, I think they looked at north of fifty percent. They found twenty plus percent of them had assets way north of what the eligibility cut off is. It's a huge amount of money Medicaid. I think, Jennifer said twenty three hundred dollars a month. So you multiply that times twelve. When you multiply that times the number of people they found that have assets that exceed the eligibility level, you come up with billions of dollars. And that's just a slice of those who are on Medicaid. God knows how many out there who aren't eligible in other areas of the program. So the beginning, hopefully of the end of fraud, waste, and abuse, we should be leading the country and ferreting this out, you know. And it's no the thing that people keep going to. Well, the federal government's reimbursing us for you know, fifty percent of or in the Medicaid expansion. Then under the Obama era, federal government's reimbursing for ninety percent of the expansion of Medicaid. People. Well, you know, that's your taxpayer dollars. I don't care if they came from some other state. We should be as angry about taxpayer dollars being wasted, regardless of what state they came from the federal government doesn't produce its own money. Well, I say that knowing they have a printing press. But the tax dollars that are taken in come from every corner of the entire United States. So people in Alaska are paying for fraud, waste, and abuse in California, New York and everyplace else that exists through the federal government's reimbursement for Medicare payments. It's sinful. Jack Windsor joined the program also investigative reporter. He's a good guy and he's been studying the Ohio Medicaid fraud and abuse in Ohio and had some really disturbing facts, which, of course Jennifer Gross was able to double down on and provide some more flesh on the bones with the conversation I had with Jack Windsor. So you can get a chance to listen a lot. There's some interesting podcasts right there at fifty five cares dot com. Let's get Daryl's call. Hey Daryl, welcome in the morning Showy, good to hear from you, and happy Friday to you.
Speaker 5: Thank you. I had an uncle that was in Normandy and he when we got to talk to him about him and his later years. And that's when he kind of broke down and told us because for years no one, he wouldn't say nothing to no one about it. He said, it's the bloodiest thing that he ever seen in his life. And he got Pope hard out of it. Yeah, he was wounded, and he says, it's just amazing. And I had an uncle that was on the PT boat with John F.
Speaker 2: Kennedy.
Speaker 4: OK.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And if you don't remember me, I'm the one that gave you that record.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, Darryl.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that, man.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It was a broadcast about the end of of World War Two that was from fifty five K. See. They printed a vinyl LP copy of it. Darryl passed that along to me. That was a beautiful gift, Darrel, And I truly appreciate it. That's amazing, man, You know I can. And you know there are so many veterans out there that have been in combat that and it's a typical phenomenon that they don't want to talk about it. And you know, modern movies depict warfare in the I think the very realistic form. Usually it creates this impression we shouldn't even be in war, and we can all debate whether or not that's appropriate or not. But the idea of you know, you being right there in a trench or wherever you happen to be, and seeing your best friend, your comrade, your buddy, the guy that you eat with, slept with, you know, hung out with for you know, a long time, getting his head blown off. I just can't imagine ever getting over that tragedy, and I certainly can imagine not wanting to talk about it. Reliving that experience has just got to be horrific. But quite often talking about it can help you get through the experience, and so I think I'm always encouraging veterans to share their stories with other people so we can all understand the realities of warfare. Good to hear from you, Daryl Man. I hope you have a great weekend, and thanks again for that wonderful gift you passed along at listener line five to twenty six. Right now for five k see talk station local stories or more phone calls. I prefer the latter, but we'll do where we do. Be right back fifty five KRC dot com. Chan and I have first one to web forecasts. Today we get scattered showers and storms developing later this afternoon. Higher chances of sphere weather just love this, but still a marginal risk. Ah eighty for the high today, overnight low sixty seven, with more rain and storms expected. Saturday, some sun, mostly clouds, some rain and storm chances eighty two for the high. Rain is likely. Overnight storms are expected sixty five the low and mostly cloudy Sunday, with a chance to rain. Seventy eight for the high. Right now, it's sixty nine degrees five k SEV Talk station, Happy Friday. Hey, it may and then again it may not rain. Does that mean you're right regardless of what happens? Fifty two three talk on show to the phones, Tom, Happy Friday, Brother, Good year from you, Hey.
Speaker 7: Good morning. You know you have a lot of fun with his weather, don't you.
Speaker 2: Well, you know what it's it's like they it's like politicians covering their bases. You know, Hey, it might I said might. I didn't say would. I didn't say wouldn't I said might. Anyway, I know it's well and again I'm going back to the World War Two veteran that I was able to go with to uh The on the honor flight and that was his job. And obviously folks like that did a pretty damn good job predicting the weather for the D Day invasion.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you cannot say enough about veterans people, especially the ones that volunteered. I know, we I know, it's it's been a while. We've had a draft and people were were drugged into in the war that I didn't want to do. But once they got there, they fought with everything they had. And and uh again, then you had the people that volunteered and and re upped and stuck with it and went through some pretty horrific things that there There is absolutely no way to ever thank these people enough for their service. I try to do it. Every time I see somebody, you know, weary something that that may seem like they were in the military or whatever. I try to thank them for the service. And even even uh, you know, police officers and and buyer department people, I you know, thank them for their services. It is a necessary thing for people to put themselves in harm's way to to take care of the rest of us. That that fortunately for us, we don't.
Speaker 1: Have to do that.
Speaker 7: And uh, I again, I just I don't know, there's no words to really thank them. So but you just say thank you and and had some have some gratitude, and and and then you and then you deal with these slackers and I mean some of it's kind of a close call. But some of these people that change the subjects. Here's somebody people that take this medicare medicaid stuff for free, and they know they know they're not eligible for it, but they figure out a way to work the system. You know that these slackers that they don't want to work, they don't want to do what they need to do to take care of themselves. And it's it's a shame. But you do have those kind of people, and you have you have the brave ones, the strong ones, and and the ones that that that don't you know, want to have handouts, but you know, bust their buds to take care of themselves and their family. And then you got a budge of slackers and it and it's a shame you got to have. But that's you know, that's what we got to deal with. And the only way to combat is is don't vote democrats, have a great have a great.
Speaker 2: Weekend riety sometimes circuit this route to get to the point. He ultimately wants to make Tom does not have a monopoly the five thirty hour, although I really truly appreciate her from a five one, three, seven, four, nine fifty two to three talk ah, let us get to us some local stories. Uh Man charged with connection with the fatal shooting in Lincoln Heights, happened Thursday morning court of Hamilt County Sheriff's Office. They showed up to the nine hundred block of Bird Avenue at about eight thirty a m. Thursday yesterday, victim identified as Terrell Howell taking a UC medical center where he died. Forty one year old Timothy Devon Shoulders is now charged with one kind of murder, one kind of filonious as solid corner, the spokesperson from the Sheriff's Farman's shooting was not random. Sheriff's officer said the victim and suspect knew each other. Oh, I'm going to weep over this one. Advocate for a passenger rail in Ohio pushing back against changes made by the Senate to the state budget, arguing it's going to make expanding passenger rail more difficult. Sentence version of the States to your Budget released earlier this week. We've been talking about. Some of the elements of that Senate removed The following provision passed by the House. Mid West Interstate Passenger Rail Compact earmarked twenty five thousand dollars in each fiscal year to pay for the cost of Ohio joining the compact. That's been taken out. This Midwest Interstate Passenger Rail Compact MIPRC apparently brings together state leaders from across the region on a bipartisan basis to advocate for passenger rail improvements. Current members Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, North Dakota, Wisconsin, Iowa, Nebraska, Ohio, and South Dakota all eligible to join. Ohio opted in two thousand and two, but repealed the funding in twenty thirteen. In its current form, all abord Ohio that is a group. Board president Mitch Radakovich said it will make the expansion of passenger rail more difficulty. Joe can read my mind. One man been arrested to the death of Patrick Herringer, the co owner of the over the Line Jim Finley Movement since I police said Mordesia Black, thirty eight years old. Mordisia Black charged with murder and aggravated burglary after he allegedly stabbed Harringer in the neck. Since I Police officers dispatched to the dispatch of the one under block of mcmickon four a m. Wednesday for report of the stabbing. They got there, they found forty six year old Harringer suffering from the stab room taking a UC medical center, but he died from his injuries at the hospital. Herringer and his wife co founded Findley Movement Jim and Health Facility on Finley Street. He was director of coaching for the facility and it is certified in several different CrossFit programs. Police had not provided any additional details on the stabbing. Homicide units still investigating. But if you have information, three five two thirty forty three five two thirty forty I could give you the other phone number, but it's Crime Stoppers is the number. They'll take your call, they'll take your tip and we'll try to catch ourselves a crime stopper bad guy the week today, later in the program, as we do every Friday, stick around stack of stupid or phone calls. Either way we go, it's a okay with me. It's five thirty five right now, fifty five KRC the talk station. Fifty five KRC the talk station. Here's your channeline first onry Wether forecast. Floudy's got her showers of storms this afternoon and gusty winds with heavy rain and lightning are our concern. Eighty for the high overnight overnight low of sixty seven with rain likely and storms expected. You've got some sun tomorrow, otherwise mostly tided with some possible rain and storms. Eighty two for the high Saturday overnight, sixty five for the low with rain likely and some storms expected, and a mostly floudy Sunday with a slim chance of rain. Seventy eight for the high. Right now, it's what did I say it was before it's disappeared? Seventy time for first traffic from the uc.
Speaker 1: Up Tramfic Center.
Speaker 8: Millions of Americans are living with Alzheimer's or other dementias. Find answers for I'm leading brain health experts at you see help Morton at you see health dot Com. Highway traffic that's not bad at all to start off your Friday morning. Some wet roots to deal within some spots, some fog to deal within some spots, but so far everybody on the expressways doing fun. There's a wreck on forty eight near Lakewood Farm Drive above Lublin Chuck Ingramont to five kr S the talk.
Speaker 3: Station Late John the Fishers.
Speaker 2: Shy f I forty on a Friday. The answer re question is always a one yes, because Joe Strecker is ex acutive producer of the program. He's a prime Is fan. And that's the only SoundBite from south Park that mentions a Primus song. By forty Happy Friday, Extra Special Friday, Donna Schwab and Robin Fest This weekend the Being Studio at eight oh five and will be experiencing commutely kite, giving Joe Straker another opportunity for a south Park click. What's wrong with German people? Okay, let's go to the stack of stupid? Just what is with teachers these days? Let's start off the top with Florida.
Speaker 9: As a tradition, Florida.
Speaker 2: Middle school teacher allegedly sent nude image of herself again to a female teacher to a fourteen year old a student. Oliver Fel twenty eight, taught at Taught, noticed the past tense use of the word Carlos E. Hal Middle school in Bradenton charged with lude contact with a student by an authority figure and transmission of harmful material to a minor. This accord of the Manitee County Sheriff's Office. Investigators launch a probe in March after the student reported the allegations on March third to the school resource deputy that Fell had been allegedly talking with a boy via snapchat. December twenty fourth, let us learn what herd it is tech frid to a Dave patter And I'd love to just emphasize this point. I know, it's like beating a baby harp seal to death with the point listen, don't do this stuff. And if you're doing it, and I mean, I don't know why I'm trying to provide you with advice, but if you record it, if you put it on social media, if you take pictures on your cell phone and send it to somebody, you are going to get caught. People are well, I suppose it's a twisted mind that would engage in this conduct anyway, So they're stupid to start with, but documented in digital form on it's twenty twenty five anyhow, Sorry allegedly sent the explicit photo of her breast to the student In January, allegations report of the school District, Manatee County and Sheriff's Office goor to the Sheriff's office after obtaining a search weren't receiving permission to access data from phones and social media accounts. Detectives discovered evidence indicating that the communications led to leude conduct involving the victim. She turned herself into authorities after a warrant was issued for arrest, remaining in custody on a twenty five hundred dollars bond. Charge has been filed in Reno County against former employee of us D three h nine Nickerson. I guess that's a business anyway. May thirtieth, prosecutors filed five criminal charges against a thirty nine year old Whitney Shall of Nickerson after allegations of incidents that occurred earlier this year. Oh that's a school district. I'm sorry. According to school district, she was a part time substitute teacher, no longer working for the district. Charges include unlawful sexual relations teacher with a student over the age of sixteen, attempted unlawful sexual relations over the age of sixteen aggravated sexual battery severity level five person felony and to of unlawful housing of miners consuming alcohol also known as social house hosting. A court of the statement from the Sedgwick County District Court Office, Kansas, Oh look it continues. Imperial Beach, California, Support Aid, who was contracted to work at Marvist the High School in Imperial Beach, arrested on suspicion of you Know It having a sexual relationship with the student. Lasette or Taga thirty one on a q is a suspected of sexually assaulting a seventeen year old at the high school where she contracted to work. In a court order, the judge set her bail review for today. Actually Ortega arrested May twenty first, booked into Las Colina's detention center following an investigation by the San Diego County Sheriff's Office. According to that department, they received a call from the high school to investigate allegations involving a student and a contract at Support Aid. After investigating, detective said they had probable cause to believe Ortega had committed sex acts with a victim under the age of eighteen. Had unlawful sexual intercourse with a miner and arranged a meeting with a minor for the purpose of committing a lewd act. Also had probable cause to believe that she had communicated with the miner with the intent to commit elude act, and attempted to dissuade the victim from reporting it to anyone. Following risk, her employer, Real Health issued a statement safety is our top priority. I bet the legal departments and all these different organizations already have prepared statements. They all read the same. So our privilege is serving the medical medically fragile population. We are committed to doing so with the highest degree of Karen. As such, we take these allegations extremely seriously. We are doing everything we can to investigate the issue and to respond appropriately. So I have a familiar tone to it. I'm not even gonna bother with the school district's release and statement because it pretty much is the same thing. Man, These are your teachers, and they're with your kids like eight hours a day by forty fifty five KC detalk station, cross Country Mortgage. She's at Low's camp, so you want to talk to She's fantastic. You're gonna love working with Suzette, just like my daughter law I mean, she was so pleased to work with Suzette Loe's Camp after getting kind of the run around from the bank that they were trying to obtain financing for It took her like two days, one phone call. A couple of days later they had financing arrange. It was awesome and my daughter was so pleased. Who's at Low's Camp Across Country Mortgage. I don't care what state you're sitting in, even if you're in Puerto Rico and listening to the fifty five KRC morning shows, Who's at Low's Camp and Cross Country Mortgage can help you out with your mortgage needs. They work for you, they're your broker. They have access to a whole bunch of different mortgage options and companies that are issuing mortgages. She'll so fight you the best rate out there, no app fees, no junk thies, just great rates at low cost and superior customer service. She is such a charming and friendly lady and been in the business more than thirty five years, which I find hard to believe because I know Susette. It's just like how old are you? There's no way. You've had thirty five years of mortgage experience. She has terreicher. Call her or send an email, should get right back to you. Five one three three one three fifty one seventy six five one three three one three fifty one seventy six emails. Who's at dot Lowe's camp spelled l O s E KA MP SHOs at dot Low's camp at CCM dot com. This is fifty five KRC, an iHeartRadio station. Is your now for five prest audation A very happy Friday there, looking forward to tech Friday with Dave Hatter, looking forward to Todd's ins or our citizen watchdog in studio, our collective, the city of Cincinnati's watchdog. He does a hell of a good job. And Donna Schwabin, which makes use actually always hit a better mood on Friday. It's almost as if a weight has been lifted from the pressures of the world. But when I know Donnas Robbins coming in studio with food and beverage, ah, that puts an extra special smile on my face. So it is hearing from you, So feel free to call five one three seven four nine fifty five hundred eight and a day, two three talk. I have a naked person from Florida in the stack of stupid, so let's go there. Sixty nine year old Florida man came home in the afternoon from a doctor's appointment, surprised to find clothing scattered around his property and a naked woman swimming in his pool. What Charlotte County Sheriff's Office said the woman was Heather A. Kennedy, which alleges in the report hostile, skinny dipper who didn't want to get out of the water. She has a previous drug conviction. According to their poor debuties requested for the subject to get dressed and to step out of the pool for several times. Once dressed, deputies attempted to detain the suspect, seated to resist, pulling away and alerting them that she would not be going anywhere. After being taken to the Charlotte County jail, forty year old woman allegedly refused to give her identity before being charged with trespass and resisting without violence. Kennedy, who lives two miles from the pool that she was swimming in naked, was convicted earlier this year on a felon felony narcotics charge and a misdemeanor kunt of possessing drug paraphernalia. Reportedly told police that the pills discovered during the traffic stop leading to her arrest belonged to quote crackhead Chris Close quote, yes they are port I guess we remain. In Florida, Luci police arrested a man accusa sneaking into a woman's home and taking a picture of her naked. Why are you doing that? Victim just gotten out of the shower. She spotted the man taking the picture. He took off, waking up the woman's husband. Twenty seven year old Darien James Baker arrested charged with attempted burglary of another and a home just a few hours before the other crime. Caught on surveillance that he attempted to enter a vehicle and a home the doors were locked. We go to a naked guy, this time naked and belligerent woman armed with two Oh no, it's a well knife wielding woman anyway. Naked, belligerent woman armed with two knives shot and injured by a Wilkes Bar police officer. This happened Monday, after she attacked and attempted to stab a passing motorist. What first name Satan, Sat? I am I reading that right? Satan D. King, forty five years old arrested for aggravated assault charges after the disturbance one am. Luzerne County District Attorney's Office despied King in a news release as being quote belligerent and wandering the streets close quote before the shooting resulted an unidentified officer being placed in administrative leave. Corta State troopers. King's roommate called nine one one shortly before one am to report she was walking along North Main Street armed with two knives. They found her walking naked on courtwright Street or near it anyway, ordered her to drop the knives, but she didn't comply. Police began following her. She started walking passing motorists. Dennis Riviera had a slam on his brakes when she jumped in front of his car. She then approached Riviera's vehicle began trying to slash at his right hand through the open driver's side window with one of the knives. He used his hands to block and grabbed the knife. As she continued trying to slash him. Officers got out of the vehicles issued additional orders for to drop the knives. She ignored them. Unidentified officer then opened fire, hitting her multiple times. Treated at the scene for injuries, and then rushed to the hospital. Courted charges she punched a nurse in the face while being treated at the hospital. Court record shows she was charged with two counts of aggravated assault, one count of each of simple assault and disorderly conduct. The judge, A Rain King, on charges Monday morning, denied, calling her a danger to herself and the community. The aristocrat still under investigation. No mention of drugs. All that be willing to bet that they were involved. Real quick here in the remaining moments of this segment, as we go to the break, West Moines man used a social media app to ask a thirteen year old girl for nude photos. Cornyed police, which it got a search warrant. Woman reported that someone on Snapchat asked her thirteen year old daughter for naked pictures. In October, investigators search West Des Moines home of abdillah Zi's Fauloul, seizing three phones in a laptop. He was arrested charge with enticing a minor being held in the pole County Jail. What are your children doing right now on their smartphones? And who are they interacting with? And going back to the first three stories of the stack of Stupid, who are their teachers and what are they all about. I've got a couple of callers online be happy to take him, but I got to go to the break because we're vast approaching five fifty six Tech Friday with Dave had are coming up at six thirty of your right.
Speaker 4: Back at the top of the hour.
Speaker 6: Every day we discover something new and important.
Speaker 10: The day's top stories. On fifty five krs the talk station get an ego. It was Joe Biden. They were telling us that he was great. Clay Travis and Buck Sexton Today at noon on fifty five krs the talk station six.
Speaker 2: Oh five here Bigwy five KRC talk Station June sixth, D Day, remembering, honoring, and saluting those who paid the ultimate sacrifice and service of their country storming the beaches the various beaches on D Day, as well as remembering the heroes who did survive that assault leading to the defeat of the Germans. An amazing day. Man, what courage it did take. Eighty three Talk Bottom the rs Starty Tech Friday with Dave Hadter One hour from Now. Todd Zindzer, the city of Cincinnati's citizen watchdog, unpaid position much like Elon Musk, he found the missing Audit also topics Greater Cincinnati train robbery and other shenanigans with Todd Zinzer in studio and TG I have exclamation point because Donna Schwabin the schwabin Fest this weekend with one of our great German societies, Donna Schwaben so bearing food and drink over the phones. We go, guys. Several callers. One We're gonna begin with Larry. Larry, thanks for calling this morning. Happy Friday to you.
Speaker 11: Yeah, good morning, Brian. Nice hearing you.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 11: Hey, the pronunciation of the lady that stabbed the guy while go.
Speaker 2: You said it was satan s A T I M.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, see that's satin Okay, s A t A And yeah, I know okay, I prrect you man, I'm.
Speaker 11: Correct, b can correct a night as smart as you are. I feel smarter.
Speaker 2: No, you are smarter than me.
Speaker 4: Larry.
Speaker 2: You know it's I judged. It's the five o'clock hour. I'm usually halving sleep anyway. And the stack is Stu. It helps wake me up. But when I saw that I did, I was like, wait a second, Satan, No, you're right, sat a n is how you spelled Satan? Satin?
Speaker 11: Yeah, and uh, I love you show. I talked to the guy I worked with, my partner at work. I'm going in here in a second, but I always give him the lowdown of all the articles you have and all the stuff. So I love I love your program, and also I know you ride. Yeah, and I've got a little sporting myself. Eight eighty three sportster.
Speaker 1: Oh okay.
Speaker 2: I had a twelve hundred XLC Harley years and years ago and it was a ninety seven XLC.
Speaker 12: Wow.
Speaker 1: Wow we kept that.
Speaker 11: Imagine what that would be worth now?
Speaker 2: Oh I tricked it out, man. You know when I sold it, I sold it to a real dear friend of mine. I had a stretched tank on accustom painted, I had every dude to add KURRYOC and hypercharger and it was just it looked awesome.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: It was just a great bike. Torkie as hell. Those that V twin man is a Torquie motor.
Speaker 11: I know, I'm telling you. And when are we going to get some riding weather. That's what I'm asking. Well, it's I'm right, I got a fifty mile commute.
Speaker 2: Well, I haven't been riding much.
Speaker 4: You're right.
Speaker 2: I think I've been on my bike twice this year. It sounds sad and pathetic for riders out there who get a lot of miles in. I am a very fair weather rider, Larry, you know, very fair weather rider. So but we'll keep our fingers crossed. I know it's right around the corner at some point, Larry, stay safe, keep those two wheels on the ground. And I didn't ask, but most of my Harley riding friends are not helmet wearers. And I will admit that when I had my Harley back in the day, I did not wear a helmet. That was when I the custom paint guy that I just mentioned by my custom paint job, total stoner, dude, beautiful artwork. But when I pulled in without my helmet on, he looked at me. He goes, dude, you got a ten dollars head. At least put it in a ten dollars bucket. So anyway, Charlie, welcome to the program. Happy Friday to you.
Speaker 13: Yeah, good morning, Brian. I love your program. Listen to it off and on as much as I can. I uh had a few comments about D Day. My dad was in World War two in the Pacific and he was he and his men were climbing down on Jacob's rope rope ladder into a leaning graft and he had a similar experience as the guys in in D Day in Normandy. Japanese zero straight the water right by them and just missed my dad and as men he was with, so luckily they didn't succeed.
Speaker 11: That leaves me.
Speaker 13: That leads me to the question. I watched Allo the History Channel a lot and shared all these armies, ancient armies fighting one another, and besides him with spears and swords, the all he had had shields a hide behind. Why couldn't there in World War Two they weld these very thick heavy plates, steel plates on the front of tractors and move the tractors off the first thing off the landing craft and the men can hide behind me. The steel you know, plates similar to the plates that they put on roads when they're repairing laying pips, and they put these heavy steel plates. Why couldn't they welded a couple of those in front of these tractors, you know, and hide behind them and save and save a lot of lies.
Speaker 2: I am sure they try to contemplate that, but I've seen enough stories about the issues that those brave men face storm on the beaches at you know, Omaha Beach and Utah as well as the others. The landing craft couldn't make it all the way to the shore, so they ended up, you know, wading through multiple feet of water, or at least even they had to swim through the water in order to make it to the beach. I don't know how you get a vehicle to get through that to hide behind. And that's one of the challenges of landing on the beach is being able to get heavy military hardware onto the beach. So you got to secure the beach first before you can land that heavy stuff. Because that probably required removing those giant tank of those giant barriers that the enemy had placed in the water, you know, the welded metal structures you see those look like a game of jacks laying all over the place. Multiple challenges, but I'm sure they contemplated that. It's just logistically probably weren't able to accomplish it. So Yeah, it's impossible for me to question the strategy of our generals at the time, but I'm willing to guess that they tried to figure out a way that they could best protect the soldiers' lives before sending them into open fire. Just speculation of my apartment. I do appreciate the call six twelve real quick. I this ridiculous political theater going on between Donald Trump and Elon Musk and the one comment that's led everybody's talking about it, and I'm bringing it up, and I know I'm perpetuating it, but it's time to analyze it. Elon Musk, time to drop the really big bomb. Trump is in the Epstein files. That is the reason they have not been made public. Have a nice day, DJT mark this post for the future. The truth will come out now. I'm sure that's got the Democrats all giddy with excitement, but many of the Republicans running to Trump's defense, and I understand defending him, pointing out and saying, well, wait a second, If Donald Trump is in the Epstein files, why wouldn't Joe Biden release it? They hated that guy. I mean, we got one representative after another. Randy Flyin I lest you fine, he's a Republican from Florida. What I would say is, if Joe Biden had Donald Trump and the Epstein law logs, there's no question it would have come out during the campaign. A similar statement echoed over and over and over from all the people that were interviewed with this. Okay, that's a fair statement, and your immediate reaction might be, yeah, of course they would have released it. They had some goods on Trump related to the pedophile Epstein, then of course it would have come out. Representative Annapolina Luna, Florida speaking to speaking to Jeffrey Epstein, I would be very specific that I do believe that if President Trump was in the Epstein files, they have been released during the primary, and they didn't. Another quote. So the fact is that I do not believe President Trump is in the Epstein files the way it's being implied. But either way, it's why we continue to push for transparency. Ah now, let me just put a spin on it, and my Trump loving friends and you know me, I appreciate Donald Trump the vast majority of what he does. I know he alienated Epstein, kicked him out of the golf course after he was implicated on child molestation charge are convicted of them, and he divorced his relationship with Epstein. Whether or not he had any involvement with Epstein along some sort of salacious lines unknown to me, but it's unknown to you as well. And the comments from all of these elected officials, the folks that are supposed to be in charge, are supposed to the folks that are supposed to have access to this behind the scenes information. They're all speculating if that was true. I don't believe it's true. How could it be that that Biden wouldn't release it if it was true. They don't know. So the larger question for me is why don't we know? We've been talking about this stuff for years and years. His madam was implicated, his serving time in jail, he's dead. FBI just confirmed that he did in fact kill himself. Believe it or not, that's just exactly what the FBI said. And you know, we got this grainy video shows that nobody was enter out of there. The guards regularly checked on him until he died. I can't answer that question. But what I can't observe is this if in addressing the question why no one seems to know what's in them, and why you and I don't know what's in them. They're back there. They have the files, they have the information, they have the videotape, they have all the evidence they collected from Epstein's Pedophile Island. If in fact Donald Trump is implicated, If in fact Donald Trump has some bad details in the Epstein files, as we're gonna call them, you know why they wouldn't release them is because there are so many Democrats that are in there too, which suggests to me you and I probably won't ever know. Six sixteen fifty five KRCD Talk station. I got a great way to save you literally thousands of dollars. Ask my friend Jeff, who will send me an email if he's listening to the program with a big smiley face, because he does it every time I mentioned Affordable Imaging Services. Because Jeff took my advice, got his CT scan there and saved thirty one hundred dollars, I guess he called the imaging department of the hospital, found out what he was going to pay, and he went to Affordable Imaging Services. If he didn't get a contrast, he paid four hundred and fifty bucks for a CT scan. If he got a contrast, he paid six hundred. Bottom line is he saved thirty one hundred dollars. I call that a lot of money. And that CT case again could cost you five thousand at a hospital. I've had multiple CT scans at affordable imaging services, same kind of equipment, whether it's an echo cardogram, MRI, CT scan or ultrasound, same stuff. The hospitals using medical professionals using it, and they've been doing this for years and years and years, but a fraction of the cost. Don't pay thirty five hundred dollars for echo cardiogram, pay five hundred without an enhancement, eight hundred with an enhancement. And affordable imaging. Every image comes with the board certified radiologist report. And a doctor has never ever ever criticized or otherwise had any you know, looking down their nose about the images they got I'm affordable, or the report they got from the radiologist. They just give me the diagnosis. So save yourself some money, exercise your choice when it comes to your medical care. It's low overhead. I'm telling you in advance, but that's one of the ways they can pass along this massive savings to you five one three seven, five three eight thousand, five one three seven, five three eight thousand online Affordable Medimaging dot Com. This is Ted Cruz, Join me six twenty one Here fifty five care CV talk station Happy Friday five one three seven four nine Fify five hundred, eight hundred two three talks David, you're looking forward to Donnas Robin swabbinfest this week. We'll hear from my German friends in the eight o'clock hour. Let's turn to the phone. So we got Tom in the line with a comment, Tom, thanks for calling this morning.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I have a question.
Speaker 14: Do you think well the United States will learn a lesson from this surprise Ukraine attack with the drones. We never earned any any World War two in the attack on Pearl Harbor when we lined off or battleships in a right in a straight row along the island there in the Hawaii, and now we had the Chinese buying up all the farm land around our military basis. Do you think there might be a futuristic reason for that?
Speaker 2: You know, the timing could be better for her, comment Tom, because there are literally dozens and dozens of articles talking about exactly that ever since the Ukraine sneak drone attack, lots of them. There's legislation in almost every state either prohibit Chinese Communist Party folks from owning land around military bases and other sensitive institutions. There was a governor just the other day, and I can't remember which stated is that vetoed a legislation banning it, much to the chagrin of the citizens of the state. There was comments connecting the so called UFOs whatever they're calling them these days, that they are actually Chinese drones and that information has been kept from us. It's just everywhere you turn, so it is on literally everyone's radar, and they don't keep us informed about much at all, our lettered agencies and government. We're not entitled to the information. But you know, they have to have been thinking about this. They have to have been thinking about this. And if they haven't been thinking about this. The illustration provided by Ukraine and it's successful, you know, its ability to knock out seven billion dollars worth of aircraft with only a few thousand dollars worth of drones, and I may be exaggerating, is a real eye opener. But given that drones have been around for so long. We've been using them ourselves for many, many years, see Afghanistan and various other conflicts in the Middle East and elsewhere. They're very capable and handy things to have. They're a lot cheaper than an F thirty five aircraft. You can blow something up with a really inexpensive drone. So from a military hardware perspective, I think that's a better avenue of spending money than billions of dollars for I think soon to be pointless manned aircraft. Go ahead, defend the aircraft if you want. But yeah, yeah, it's a real lesson that we are learning. But how do you deal with it simply banning the ownership of land? And I don't have any problem with banning the ownership of land by foreign entities around our military installations. But you know, these drones can fly hundreds, if not thousands of miles in some cases. They can get a ship in international waters, one of those big cargo ships, and they're everywhere, aren't they. Look at the ports out in California, filled one after another, just waiting around, waiting to be unloaded. They're massive. How many drones do you think you could put on one of those and a lot of them come from China. Even though we've got you know, trade war going on in tariffs and everything, we're still getting stuff from China. The various Chinese Communist Party actors could put you know, maybe three, four, ten, twenty thousand drones on one of those if the Ukrainians can pull it off. Next thing, you know, you got a thousand drones flying out of an anchorship, running and going directly toward military targets. Maybe in California they only have to fly like twenty five miles.
Speaker 6: How can you.
Speaker 2: Protect from that? The answer of I don't know the answer to the question. I just ask it out loud, because yeah, it's a real challenge. The nature of war fighting and warfare in twenty twenty five is dramatically different than it was on D Day. Can imagine if we had drones on D Day, the thousands of lives that would have been saved. Yeah, we bombarded the coast for a long long time, much in the same way we did with Eujima and the other islands in the South Pacific. Bombed a hell out of them over and over and over again. And what will we faced with when our marines finally landed on those islands, heavy gun fire from entrenched Japanese troops who were not impacted by the thousands of bombs of God dropped on the island. If you had targeted strikes, if you knew exactly where you wanted to land, rather than randomly dropping bombs on the islands, it would have gone a long way to us saving thousands of lives, wouldn't it. That's modern warfare. We didn't have it back then. The world's changing rapidly with technology. Six twenty six City five KRC detalk station. Get in touch with Zimmer heating and air conditioning. They're the ones you want to call for all your HVAC needs. And I know, you know, owning a home suck sometimes because you know, expensive things happen that you got to replace. And if you want to be comfortable in the winter time and summertime, you got to have an HVAC system and summer and the heat and the humidity which we felt yesterday fast approaching. So if your air conditioner goes belly up or your system goes out belly up, Zimmer are the folks to call. Hopefully they can repair it, but if they can't, how about a brand new carrier comfort system from Zimmer Heating and Cooling at a savings of fifteen hundred and fifty dollars. It's a great deal. Zimmer keeping home safe, efficient, comfortable for coming up on eighty full years third generation Chris Zimmer at the Helm and get in touch with them and have all of your HVAC needs satisfied. I recommend going to the website. Not only can you schedule apployment there, you can learn about all the services they offer beyond just replacing your entire system, but for all your HVAC needs. Go Zimmer dot com. Go Zimmer dot com, or call them up at five one three five one ninety eight ninety three. That's five to two one ninety eight ninety three fifty five KRC. You're cloudy day, scattershowers and storms developing later this afternoon. I I have eighty or night rain likely storms expected sixty seven for the low and we'll just leave you with Saturday's weather with some sun, mostly clouds, rain and storm chances eighty two for the Hive for right now sixty nine. Time for traffic from the.
Speaker 8: Uc UP Traffic Center from media and South Americans are living with Alzheimer's or other dimension. Find answers from leading brain health ekspert sitting you see help learn more at yousee help dot com. Highway Trump and continues to look good this morning. No major problems to deal with as of yet, except for southbound two seventy five which is starting to slow across the Carrol Cropper Bridge from the Lawrence Program thanks to construction. Chuck Ingram on fifty five krs the talk station.
Speaker 2: Two thirty fifty five KRCD Talk Station. It's Friday, which means just time for Tech Friday with Dave Hatter, brought to you by interest it Final Online at interest it dot com. You got a business, I know you have computers. You are in for a world of heart. According to Dave hat Or, there's trouble lurking everywhere. Dave and the team will help you with best practices and solve problems when you run into them. Get in touched with them. The Business Career says they are the best in the business. Dave Hatter, Welcome back to the Morning Show, my friend. I really appreciate your segment here on the Morning Show.
Speaker 4: Always happy to be here, Brian.
Speaker 2: And thanks for listening. Juice jacking.
Speaker 4: That's what it's called. That's what it's called. Yeah, I thought you guys might appreciate that I did, and.
Speaker 2: You know, of course it netted a phrasing button from Joe that for folks who are like, what the hell is he talking about? If you were listening yesterday to aviation expert Jay Rattlove, he was talking about what is called juice jacking for those in the know, and that means day've hatter that they can hack into your device through the charging stations at airports, I guess, and every place else there's an open charging station. So don't do that, I suppose, is the bottom line on it. Anyway.
Speaker 15: Yeah, Brian quick, you know they make a special type of charging cable that won't exchange data. But yeah, I can tell you you're better off. Take a power brick with you or an extra battery. Do not plug your phone or any sort of device into a random USB port. There's no there's no telling what could happen, honestly with then, I also your last segment. I had a thought on that. Mick O Hipponent. I've brought him up on here before. He's a well known cyber security expert, and he just recently left the company he'd been with for like thirty years to work on drones and drone warfare. And he is always just great for quotes. He has a great quote about drones. Drones are not cheap airplanes, they're expensive bullets.
Speaker 2: Excellent.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 15: Yeah, yeah, you're a point about being able to target and so forth. Yeah, not cheap airplane, expensive bullet. Like Yep, that pretty well nails it.
Speaker 2: Fantastic. All right, we have a new scam to talk about a new term, so we learn about juice jacking and what is brushing?
Speaker 15: Yeah, this is such a weird thing, but apparently it's become increasingly common where folks get unwanted packages and then you're left to try to figure out, like, well, what do I.
Speaker 11: Do with this?
Speaker 4: Do I send it back? Do I keep this stuff? What is happening here?
Speaker 2: Can people get on Amazon when they're drunk in the late hours? They buy stuff and they wait up the next day and forget they placed an order. Yeah, and you know it lands on your front Wait did I order something? You don't even know if you ordered something? That's actually an interesting sort of social phenomenon that you get a package delivered and you're like, wait a second, did I order this? But this is un want to package this from Amazon? According to the article you provided.
Speaker 15: Yeah, and you know, sometimes they're doing this because they want to basically, maybe somebody is introducing a new product, right so they want to be able to inflate their numbers. They want to get people to give them online reviews because they send them free stuff. Now you're the attorney in this conversation, Brian, But as I understand it, you know, if you do get something that shows up at your house and you didn't order it, you know, it's yours to keep if you wanted. You know, this could be some sort of way to try to steal your information. I mean, it's it's a weird thing because most scams involve trying to steal your money or your information for both to some sort of you know, just digital thing. They're not spending real money to ship a product of some sort to you, you know, And I think that's one of the things that's so mind blowing about this, because at the end of the day, it costs them money to put something in a box.
Speaker 2: There's any investment on the part of the potential scammer in actually sending you something. Yeah, unlikely, but again you know with a phishing email that I mean, it doesn't cost literally anything to do that. But this requires actual payment for minimum shipping charges.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's right. That's one of the things people need to under.
Speaker 15: One of the reasons why things like fishing and smashing text based fishing is so effective, it's because it's so inexpensive and so easy to do. You know, this is obviously more difficult. It costs money upfront, and again you're just trying to boost your reviews or are you trying to get someone to say, okay, I want to return this, and then they try to steal your information, you know, because you've got to supply a credit card or something to credit it to. The bottom line really is and apparently this is increasingly common. You can find examples of this all around the country where people started getting stuff they didn't order, in some cases multiple packages.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 4: Bottom line is, if you get things like this and.
Speaker 15: You don't want it, my advice would be just throw it in the garbage, don't reach out, don't contact the people you know, if it's something you like and want to keep, and as I understand it. In all fifty states, it's perfectly legal to keep it. Just move on about your business. But I would I would discourage folks if this happens to you, to reach out to the organization that's sending it, you know, if it's if it's.
Speaker 2: Something drmful, don't scan the QR code.
Speaker 15: Yes, don't scan the QR code for sure. Don't go to the websites they're sending you. And if it's an electronic device, don't use it. Smart watch, camera, on motherboard, all that could be exacted to some nefarious actors. So throw that away, definitely. Brian, going back to the juice shacking thing, I mean, any electronic device you get could be loaded with some sort of malware, do not plug it in. And again, if you're getting something and you think it's harmful, if you're concerned about it, you know, report it to the FTC, report it to the FBI, to the Internet Crime Complaints Center.
Speaker 4: IC three dot gov.
Speaker 15: But yeah, do not plug anything electronic in, do not turn it on, because strong possibility that that really.
Speaker 4: Is some kind of malware laid lade some.
Speaker 2: Period. And yes, something that fais all right, you know what's nefarious? Our next topic, Big Brother is definitely watching and it is creepy. More with tech Friday's Dave at are coming up. Emmy Federal Credit Union shred events tomorrow. Get all your unnecessary, unneeded personal any kind of documents you got you want shredded professionally and completely. Get them over to Emory Federal Credit Union one of the three locations blue Ash Liberty Township, Western Hills tomorrow between nine am and one pm and they will take them and four free shred them completely. It protects your personal information, also gives you a peace of mind knowing the documents have been safely destroyed again. Emory Federal Credit Union three locations. To find the address of the locations and learn why Emory is a better way to bank, go to EMORYFCU dot org for all the details. EMORYFCU dot org federally insured by NCUA fifty five KRC. The Medal of Honor is the highest military interest it dot com. We will find Dave Hatter and the crew for all your business computer needs. Sponsoring the segment and reminding us of how blank and creepy the world is. It's funny because yesterday I wore my make or well Fiction Again T shirt, and this is an illustration of why I wish that would be accomplished. Go ahead, Dave, give us the bad news and the creepy news.
Speaker 15: You know, Brian, I bet you're not surprised that I also have a make or Well fiction again T shirt?
Speaker 4: You know what?
Speaker 2: I bet you have one for every day of the week in different colors.
Speaker 7: I need.
Speaker 15: I need to get to that point. And I like to wear it when I go to Kroger. So when I'm walking around in there with all their cameras that are telling me I'm on video and showing me, I like to just point at the shirt as I go under the camera.
Speaker 2: I love it. Yeah, I don't feel any good, but I as have a Ministry of Truth T shirt which is merged with the Department of Homeland Security on its own special logos.
Speaker 15: Anyway, I like that. I might have to do many, true, I'll have to get one of those. But anyhow, this is definitely something right out of the book. But yet it's so interesting when you you know, as I'm sure you're also not surprised. I have read nineteen eighty four many times, many times, and you know, the telescreens in there that are always watching you. You know, it's mandated by the state and Big Brother. You know, here we're dumping all of this garbage, these so called smart devices. Another great quote from Mako Hipponent, who wrote a book actually on this topic. If it's smart, it's vulnerable.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know. Because these things are.
Speaker 15: Convenient and because they theoretically make our lives easier, we're dumping all this garbage into our offices, into our houses. You know, it's surveiling you, it's capturing enormous amounts of your data. But my real concern with this stuff is the security issues. That's not what we're going to talk about here. LG one of the big smart TV manufacturers is apparently now working with an AI company and they are going to use this AI They've entered into some kind of partnership with them to figure out what you watch and try to based on the content of the shows. And by the way, I don't think most people realize this. You know, every new or smart TV that I'm aware of, has the capability, through software implanted in the device, you know, to keep detailed tabs on what you're watching, how long you watch it, that sort of thing. So they're capturing all that data they're feeding into this AI model and then trying to understand like your emotional state. So they can not just serve you ads based on what you watch, but you know, do more of a psychographic analysis on you and serve up ads sort of based on your emotional state. Now, as creepy as that that sounds, Brian, think about this. Now this this doesn't go into it. But you know, again they say here Zenapp's platform for connected TV CTV. So if you hear that term, and also there's a lot of new terms in the business around this. For example that I hadn't heard until maybe the last year or so. Another term free ads supported TV, which is called fast right, So you know, whether you're watching like an Amazon streaming channel or anything going through the TV is basically tracking you. So they're going to dump your data into this AI and try to figure out, you know, like your emotional state and then again send you different type of ads. So this direct quote from the article Psychographic data is supposed to go deeper and allow advertisers to target people based on the so called psychological factors like personal beliefs, values, and attitudes. Psychographic segmentation delves deeper into their psyche than relying on demographic data. So that's a direct quote from the article and then also from some Salesforce research in the article. But the really creepy thing again, don't they don't claim this, But it would not be at all shocking to me, because, as we've discussed so many times, with all of these Internet of Things devices and just privacy in general, you know, you get an eighty page privacy policy. It's a confused opoly full of legal mumbo jumbo that you can't understand that no one reads. And they know that, and they opt you into all this stuff, and you know, you have to go through thirty menu items and deep dark patterns to try to figure out how to opt yourself out. Imagine, because your TV has a camera on it and a microphone in it, if it's not merely taking your data and trying this, but it's actually watching you.
Speaker 4: Real time like a telescreen. Yeah, I mean, you know, I'm not saying they're doing that.
Speaker 15: I'm saying it's certainly within the realm of possibility at this point. And it's one of the reasons people like Mark Zuckerberg in the past whether their computer. You've seen tape over it or you know former FBI director Comy with tape over the camera on his notebook. And you know people are, I like, Dave, that's really paranoid. Well, you know, like I have a brand new Dell Brian and it has a built in camera cover. It just slides over and covers up the camera. You're a smart TV, do you if it has a camera?
Speaker 4: Do you know where it is?
Speaker 2: That's the thing you probably don't. It's they're almost impossible to detect on the new smart TVs.
Speaker 15: So I just you know, I'm not I don't want to get delve too deep into the Orwellian rabbit hole here, but I do want to point out again this is you know, well documented research at this point, and you know it's hard to buy a TV that's not so called smart. But I just this is very interesting and you can see where all this is going. And when people say why I have nothing to hide, you know, my data is not very valuable. They want your data because it is valuable to them, or they wouldn't go to the trouble to build all of this technology to capture it and analyze you and try to figure out how to sell you stuff, persuade you, propagandize you, or whatever else they're doing with it. Because I would just remind folks, LG may be completely above board with this and maybe maybe doing nothing more than trying to get you the most targeted possible ads. But are they selling that data to someone else? Probably of course, and are they doing who knows what with it so, you know, propagandizing you for some other purpose. Yeah, So this is why I hate the Internet of thanks right, I absolutely despise all this garbage. It's total garbage. It is while you think it's helping you, it actually these none of these organizations have your interest at heart, And they're not building this stuff because they care about you.
Speaker 2: They're building it because they can make a buck off of it. I'm alway exactly lightning.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: The thing is we need to figure out how to buy dumb TVs six forty seven five K see the talk station more with tech Friday's day Hatter after a well quick positive word for Coling Electric, Always positive words for Coling Electric family and no not but it. Since nineteen ninety nine, they enjoying eight plus with the Better Business Beer for good reason Superior customer service of course. License electricians. I like to call them the well oiled machine. You'd be pleased if you get Lily coming over on your projects. She's only one of the many electricians, but I just got to kick out of her when we did a rather large project at our house. She was make the project for him and been with Color Electric for a couple of decades, cracking that whip man. Keeping those folks in line. Well oil they are. They do a great job for you. You'll be happy with the wiring job they do, whether it's an outlet installation or rewiring your entire home or your surround sound or anything else it's residential electric. Think culing you'll get a ten year wiring warranty on everything they do for you. Five one three two two seven four one one two five one three two two seven four one one two Online cling c U L L E N Color Electric, Cincinnati dot Com fifty five KRC on a fifty five krc DE talk station. It's Friday wrapping it up with Tech Friday's Dave Hatter and best Tech in Cincinnati. There's a vote coming up on that. What's this one all about?
Speaker 4: Dave?
Speaker 15: Yeah, Brian I'm I'm really fortunate that Intrust is big into supporting the community in general and the tech community in particular. So the Circuit is a Cincinnati based organization that is basically a member organization for people involved in tech or at least you know, on the edges of tech. So there's a lot of cool events they do. I'm a big fan of the Circuit and Tracy and her.
Speaker 4: Team over there.
Speaker 15: So if you're involved in technology and you don't know about Circuit, first off, you should check it out. They've got a developer conference called Momentum coming up. You know, they do probably one or two events every month. They've got things geared towards students, They've got things geared towards people trying to get into tech or new in tech.
Speaker 4: They've got leadership programs.
Speaker 15: But the big thing I wanted to talk about on here, and I appreciate you guys taking a minute to talk about it, is every year they have an event called Best a Tech. It's a great event, it's a lot of fun. It's since September September eighteenth. It's usually at the hard Rock. You'll get you know, four or five hundred people probably come out.
Speaker 4: For this thing.
Speaker 15: Always a lot of fun, but the real goal here is to nominate and that's why I want to talk about it today for folks out there who are listening, who might be involved in tech or know someone in tech, to nominate people who are doing cool stuff, great stuff, because you know, Brian, at the end of the day, it's about stopping the brain drain, keeping these jobs in the Cincinnati region, creating opportunities for people, workforce development, you know, all of that stuff, and this is, you know, one small way to recognize the people who are doing cool things around technology in Cincinnati. There's a bunch of different categories Visionary Leader, Enterprise Award, Women in Minority to Watch Awards, Social Impact Award, and Innovation and Small and Medium Business Award.
Speaker 2: Are you campaigning right now, Dave?
Speaker 15: I'm campaigning for my friends at this circuit because I'm in I've been involved with them for a long time and I just want to get the word out, trying to get folks to nominate folks for these awards, make people aware of it, grow the tech community, keep these steps. Like you know, I'm sure you saw the headline. You may have even talked about it earlier. This morning that P and G's going to lay off seven thousand people. You know, we want we want to build the economy in the Greater Cincinnati region. We want to keep these jobs in the Greater Cincinnati region. We want to provide opportunities for people, and you know, frankly, we want to recognize people that are doing good stuff. So the Circuit Best of Tech Awards, if you just go to the website or you'll find it on social media.
Speaker 4: I've posted about it numerous times.
Speaker 15: If you know someone out there that's doing something amazing, nominate him for one of these awards. Get involved with the Circuit, and you know, help us grow the tech community, and you can you know, hear more of my rantings about the Internet of Things and such when you go to these events. Usually, Brian, there's a wide circle around me because they're like, oh, it's tenfolt hat Dave. I don't want to hear any more of his rantings about how we're all doomed thanks to the Internet of Things.
Speaker 2: I think you and I talked about it, but it made my stackers stupid. The woman who found out her husband was cheating because of the Internet of Things toothbrush he was using at odd hours he was supposed actually I don't remember talking about Okay, here's the short story on it. He's supposed to be at work and his Internet of Things Toothbrush had him brushing his teeth at like nine thirty or so in the morning, when he was supposed to have already been at work, and he was brushing his teeth up before he went over to meet his girlfriend to have relations with her, and that's how his wife figured out he was having an affair.
Speaker 4: So interesting.
Speaker 15: Well, you know, again, these things seemed to be innocuous, inconvenient, and yet that's a wild example and I hadn't heard that, but I can't wait to start telling that story.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, and you can probably search for it just Internet of Things toothbrush and affair as a search as a search on your search engine, which I know is not Google for you, but I'm sure you'll run into the story anyhow. Yeah, that's just and just you know, stepping back Internet of Things toothbrush, WTF period.
Speaker 15: Is it gonna drop a dime on you to your dentist that you didn't brush for the required amount of time?
Speaker 2: You know, Dave Gods ridiculous interrust I Dot confind Dave and the team of interest It. Thanks again for sponsoring this segment, my dear friend, appreciate what you do every week. I'll look forward to having you on next Friday. They have a great weekend. A great weekend, My.
Speaker 15: Pleasure, Brian always happy to be here. And I'm gonna get my Ministry of Truth shirt today.
Speaker 2: You go ahead and order it up. Man, you'll be glad you did. Just search for like Orwell T shirts or Orwellian T shirts. You'll find a heapload of them. The biggest problem you're gonna have, Dave, is, you know, trying to not order all of them, which might set you back a lot. Take care, man, have a great weekend. Todd's Endzer Citizen watch Dog in studio. He is a gift to the city of Cincinnati. We'll talk about the found missing audit and the Great Cincinnati train robbery that, among other shenanigans going on in the city of Cincinnati with our dear friend Todd Zenzer. He's in studio. Up next a full rundown and the biggest ten lines just minutes away.
Speaker 1: At the top of the hour, I'm.
Speaker 2: Giving you a fact now Americans should know fifty five krs. The talk station this report is seven oh six I think five k c dey talk station. Yay for Friday or woohoo for Friday is a case of mavy and a great hour of power coming up right now. And the citizens of the City of Cincinnati have a really I suppose a debt of gratitude to pay to what we call citizen watch Dog. Todd's ends Er, host of the Citizen Watchdog podcast, which you should listen to. He is an inspector, former inspector General for the United States of America. And I just got done telling Todd off air that we should put him on the job of the medicaid problems we have here in the state of Ohio, which they're now just getting into. But using artificial intelligence, it seems to be pretty easy to ferret out fraud, waste, and abuse, much in the same way Elon Musk. Inspite of the challenges he's facing right right now with Trump and the childish war on social media, Todds ends are following the antics of the City of Cincinnati council members and the man. Welcome back, Todd Zinzer. It's always a pleasure having here. Man. Thank you Brian, it's good to be here, and I do appreciate the work you are doing, and you know, every I mean every week and every time we talk. It's just it's almost just hard to believe what's going on behind the scenes, or as the case, maybe what's not going on behind the scenes.
Speaker 6: Right, Well, there is a lot going on behind the scenes, and I think that's one of the city's biggest problems. Is this whole transparency issue.
Speaker 2: Zero transparency.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's it's really amazing. And if they're not keeping things behind the curtain, they're just flooding you with all of this information that isn't organized, and you really don't understand what it's all about, and you really have to, you really have to look into it to find out what little nuggets of information is out there about what's really going on.
Speaker 2: Well, it takes a tenacious person like you, who unpaid as you are, are willing. I guess it's kind of a hobby for you. You really like you be in the fly and the ointment for those clowns and you connect the dots.
Speaker 6: Well, it's what I did for a living for so many years, and.
Speaker 2: It's in your blood.
Speaker 6: It is an interesting mine to be sure.
Speaker 2: Well, it's one of the more bizarre hobbies in retirement that one can have, but we thank you for doing it. So let okay, the topic number one, the missing audit has been found. Now you're going to have to provide the background for this, because you and I have talked about this before, but you know, lay the groundwork for what you found and then we can talk about what it means, what the audit report that you found and the implications for that are.
Speaker 6: Well, several months ago, I started looking into this phenomena of a lobbyist lobbying the city. Yeah, so I was looking for the lobby the list of lobbyists, which isn't easy to find either, but there is a list out there. And I started to think about all the corruption cases that I'm aware of that involve lobbyist. One goes way back to the early two thousands in Washington where the Jack Abramov scandal.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, man, you that's a blast from the past.
Speaker 6: Well, I was there when all that was going on, and it actually was uncovered by or investigated by the Inspector General for the Interior Department, and the Deputy Secretary of Interior wound up getting prosecuted. But it was a big scandal. It was it was all obvious. And then you have what happened here with the council member, And I got curious, was there anything that went on with all the gang the gang of five? Was there anything that went on with lobbyists?
Speaker 2: A gang of five scandal, Jeff Pastor scandal. Yeah, and.
Speaker 6: You know, we had a we had a similar issue in Columbus with lobbyists that first Energy that that involved lobbyists. So anyway, I didn't really find anythingholder was yeah, yeah, yeah, I didn't find any lobbyist issues with the corruption scandal. But along the way, I found this article that Sherry Coolidge did about this. The headline read, a Cincinnati audit is mysteriously scaled back and then they quote they have a quote in here someone is protecting one or more people. So after I read the article and found out that there was supposed to be some kind.
Speaker 2: Of audit dodss a red flag.
Speaker 6: So I obtained a copy of the audit, went through it, and I'll tell you after the three members of council and Wendell Young got indicted on these felonies, Mayor Cranley and Christopher Smitherman. They went to work, yeah, and they took some actions to try to, you know, figure out how the city moves forward from here. And one of the things they did is they ask the government, the city government, to have this audit done of these existing of these other economic development projects.
Speaker 2: To hire an outside auditing firm, get the money to hire them, and to have them conduct the audit.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 6: And at the same time, they established what they called the Economic Development Reform Panel, and that brought in I don't know, I think it was like a dozen community leaders, attorneys, former judges, people from the Ethics Commission, they were religious leaders, there are Democrats, Republicans, to look at what happened and to come up with a plan for the city to follow, to try to create a more ethical environment for the city council.
Speaker 2: So unscrupulous individuals can't basically pay to play or pay off or otherwise bribe council members or the mayor in order to advance their personal interest project, whatever that project may be, which of course is the fundamental basis of all these the felony complaints that were vold.
Speaker 6: That's correct. Well, except for Wendell Jung secuted for obstructing Justice in the Gang of Five investigation. The other three were corruption right.
Speaker 2: Everywhere.
Speaker 6: So I looked at the Economic Development Review Panel. They started their work in February of twenty one. They issued a report in July of twenty one and had a number of recommendations, and one of their recommendations was, yes, do this forensic They were calling it a forensic audit at the time. Do this forensic audit, promptly, get it published, put it out to the public about what needs to be done. That was one of their big recommendations.
Speaker 2: Okay, And so the firm audited individual projects that were funded by the city or voted on by the city or otherwise like maybe tax abatement areas or any any kind of economic development project exactly. So they looked at the documents related to how that was approved and that kind of thing.
Speaker 6: Well, it was interesting because they focused they collected a lot of data on how the city count uncil voted on the various tax abatements or credits or whatever that these two hundred projects received. So they were saying they were looking at looking for patterns, voting patterns, to see whether they whether those patterns indicated any unusual votes on the part of these council members, yes or no, okay.
Speaker 12: And I think the.
Speaker 6: Bottom line is they didn't really find any issues. But their recommendations I think really didn't really weren't well received by the New City Council.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: So boiled down from what I'm hearing is the audit was conducted. They looked at all these projects, and they didn't find anything what I will loosely refer to as shenanigans, like, oh my god, this voting pattern reveals that someone's getting paid something like that. But because of what had happened before in connection with these scandals, they created recommendations in order to improve the process, maybe bring more clarity to it, and perhaps shed a little more sunlight and transparency on the project, on the process, And that's the part that wasn't well received is your conclusion.
Speaker 6: There were two recommendations in particular that I focused on that Crow was the name of the outfit from Chicago.
Speaker 2: Real quickly, when did when was the audit commission? And when did it come out? How much time were we talking about between today and when this conclusions and these recommendations were made to.
Speaker 6: Tell you how slow the process worked. This was initially the result of a resolution entered or emotion entered by Christopher Smitherman when he was on council towards the end of their term. He put this motion out to have this done. So that was in twenty one, and they signed a that might have been that was in twenty one. They signed a contract in January of twenty two, and the audit firm issued their draft report in December of twenty two. So what should happen after the draft report is issued that wasn't done is that the audit the person who is getting audited, they're supposed to look. They're supposed to look at the draft audit see whether there's any factual issues that they have heartburn over. They're supposed to respond to the recommendations. Do they agree? Do they not agree?
Speaker 2: Sure? You know, it's like reviewing a deposition and say no, no, no, no, that's wrong. I did not say that it's been improperly transcribed.
Speaker 6: Exactly.
Speaker 2: Your conclusion is wrong for the following reasons. And here's all the reasons why. So that's what you do after the draft audit is issued.
Speaker 6: And that that is part of the contract with the auditor.
Speaker 2: And so that wasn't done.
Speaker 6: Cincinnati did not do that. The city did not respond in any way to the draft report, which means they agreed with it. That we can at least make that a logical conclusion. If you remain silent in the face of the draft audit, then you agree with what's in there. Let's pause, because we're going to find out what Todd was able to conclude after reviewing the final audit, which took him about a gazillion years to finally uncover. Draw your own conclusions as to why it wasn't immediately published and released to the public first, though, John Ryan press Eesion Tiers, you want your KITCHENO model, do you want to work with? John Ryan pressed Esion Tiers is his company, and he's the man you'd be working with from an initial design to final installation. You will find him to be a very very pleasant man when it comes to kitchen room modeling. Nobody's got more experience than John, more than thirty five years of doing almost exclusively kitchens. Yes, about a decade ago he did. Ours love it to this day. Every time I walk into that kitchen, I just remember how it used to be and how much improved it is. Better flow, form, design, storage, everything's improved. You don't have to go gut in the whole thing like he did with us. You can just do Cabins encountertops that he's the man to work with your true partner in your kitchen remodeling project from initial design to final installation, and.
Speaker 2: The only guy you gotta call. You want something done, you call John. You want to change something, you call John, and you can call him right now. A schedule appointment at five one three two four seven zero two two nine five one three two four seven zero two two nine A plus with a better business bueral online at Prestige one two three dot com fifty five KRC. Here's you channel on what the forecast is a couple of days worth anyway, Cloud's days got a showers and storm player this afternoon, I have eighty We got rain likely overnight. Storms are expected to continue overnight as well with a low of sixty seven. And we got some sun but mostly cloudy tomorrow and if tiny chance of rain eighty two for the high seventy degree right now, let's get a traffick up.
Speaker 1: Date from the UCL Tramping Center.
Speaker 8: Millions of Americans are living with Alzheimer's and other dementias. Find answers from leading brain health experts at you see help one bred, You see how dot com highway traffic not all of that bad, but you got to go through some pretty thick fog right now on two seventy five between the Laurent's Prayer Ramp and the bridge northbound seventy five.
Speaker 1: That's doing fine through the cut.
Speaker 8: They cleared the problems northbound seventy one near ken Wood, wrote Shack King Ram month fifty five KRC and he talks station.
Speaker 2: Seventh twenty if about KRCD talk station ain't very happy when or the hell is on borrow mone it is Friday.
Speaker 1: Anyway.
Speaker 2: Citizen watch Dog Todd's inswers in Citio no moreen he is not suicidal. She thinks she have a death wish because you're speaking so much truth to power. I don't think we have any Clinton family member power on the City of Cincinnati. So I'm not worried about you, Todd.
Speaker 6: You keep I'm not worried.
Speaker 2: You keep raising the awareness of the City of Cincinnati residence, and I just hope that continues, and I hope more and more people check out your podcast. Citizen watchdog, because he's at this all week long. All right, So we laid the foundation for this audit. Yes it was a post corruption audit. What can we do to write the ship to make the process better, to make the process less corrupt by way of for whatever projects being proposed, whatever tax abatement, whatever building is going to be built, whatever Hyde Park development, well connected developer project is going to be you know, uh uh, get a zoning change for We want to make sure it isn't done or have any corruption associated with it. So outside entity from Shego has spent a year or so looking at it. They're paid one hundred and fifty grand to do the report. The issue the primary report, opportunity for the council members and the mayor to comment on it, to identify any problems with the initial report. Nothing said, not a finger lifted, not a word spoken from counsel or the mayor. So they did a final report along with recommendations. So that leads us up to here.
Speaker 6: It got a little bit worse than that.
Speaker 4: Oh it did.
Speaker 2: Oh I'm shocked. Do tell so.
Speaker 6: Instead of providing comments about the recommendations and the findings and correcting any problems with the draft report, Cheryl Long rejected the report. She told the city Council and the mayor that the report was not satisfactory for what specific reason. Well, she didn't say, but she promised to work with the auditor to get to do a better job. And yeah, that was sent in January of twenty three.
Speaker 2: How would she know whether it's satisfactory or not.
Speaker 6: Well, that's a good question. I'll tell you what.
Speaker 7: I think.
Speaker 2: It's been a whole year looking at each of these individual projects and all the documents related to them. Did Cheryl do that?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 2: Okay, so thank you.
Speaker 6: Here's here's what I think got to them. When when Sherry Coolidge wrote this article with the headline about the audit being scaled back, I think they got very defensive over that. There was a footnote in the draft report that basically said that Crow had been asked by the city to change the standards that they're going to use when they do their audit. It went from a performance audit to an assessment. And it wasn't following gagas or they generally accepted government auditing standards. It was going to follow the ai CPA, which is the American Institute of CPAs who was going to follow their standards, which they're basically saying that the city changed the standards that they wanted us to use, and looking at this.
Speaker 2: They they made that change after the Crow firm had been working on it and up to the point where they could release a draft form.
Speaker 6: Right at some point in time, and we don't know when, there was a conversation between Crow and the city where it says that after discussion with the city, Crow's performance under this ordinance is an assessment under a CPA's consulting standards and is not a forensic audit. So they changed, they changed the rules that they wanted the auditor to follow in doing their work.
Speaker 2: Well, wasn't there an RFP at the outset for Crow to look into and say, hey, I got my hand up, I would I this is what I would charge for it. Yeah, that's where the standards were initially included. Yeah, so they did it in accordance with what they were told to do with the outset, and then sometime along the process, probably most of the way, if not all the way through, that's when the city manager says, no, you want to do it to a different standard. Yeah, I don't want the hell, Todd.
Speaker 6: Well, that's that's what I'm talking about, Brian, because I either there was a total disconnect in the city manager's office or they didn't like what was in the art were worried they didn't like what was in the audit.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, Well we still haven't gotten to the conclusions in the audit that they have apparently not followed through with or followed in spite of the fact that it was the purpose of the audit to provide conclusions and recommendations to follow. It's seven twenty five. We're gonna finish, We'll figure this out. Every time we talk it keeps getting worse.
Speaker 1: Taught.
Speaker 2: I mean, this is good. Why I love you man, seven twenty five.
Speaker 4: But you have care.
Speaker 2: See the dogs station, doctor Fred Pack, doctor Megan Frew. They need to be your dentist or you need to have them as your dentist. They're the best, absolute best. And if you're talking cosmetic dentistry, how could you find a better cosmetic dentist than doctor Fred Pack, a fellow with the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentnistry. He's only one of three of those that really reached that lofty position in the entire state. I mean, aren't that many in the world. He has done a masterful, stunning, life changing smile makeover as a king of cosmetic dentistry. And doctor Megan Frew on her way to accreditation, so she's got her fresh vision and and perspectives with cosmetic dentistry and doctor Fred Peck's years and years of experience. But in the final analysis, they're both of my general dentists. They do great general dentistry as well. I love going in to see them. The staff there are so friendly and welcoming. It's a comfortable environment, and I always like to point out I know a lot of people don't like to go to the dentists, but you should. It's important for your health. So go then to the clinic there. You'll love being there and they'll treat you great. And everything I've heard about doctor Meghan Frew is just, oh my god. People love her, not that they don't like doctor Fred pac mind you five one, three sixty one, seventy six, sixty six. You know that it's really close to the Montgomery Road eggs of the two seventy five. I mean you're almost there, so they give you some context where they're located easy to get to five one three, six, two one seventy six, sixty six online PACKPEC kpexsmiles dot com fifty five KRC.
Speaker 6: The Medal of Honor is the highest.
Speaker 2: Here's a quick weather forecast. Cloudy day for the most parts got It. Showers and storms will develop and they say later this afternoon could be severe. Watch eighty for the high. Overnight ran is likely, storms may continue sixty seven for the low and some sun but mostly cloudy Saturday, eighty two for the high end. Right now, it's seventy degrees time for traffic.
Speaker 1: From the UCLP tramping centers.
Speaker 8: Millions of a sorry living long times or other dementias find answers from leading brain health experts at you see Help Learn mord you see help dot com.
Speaker 1: Highway traffic continues to look pretty good this morning.
Speaker 8: Waiting for the fog to lift on two seventy five between the lowrens Perd Ramp and the Carroll Cropper, so be careful heading into the Construction crews continue to clean up from an overnight train to ram It in Hamilton. Walnuts blocked off between King and Seventh chuck ingram On fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: The talk station.
Speaker 2: He's seven thirty fifty five Krcity Talk Station. Happy Friday, Todd's Ends or Citizen Watchdog in the City. Get a Citizen Watchdog podcast and find out what's going on in the city. Boy, it's taking us a long time to get there, but we've walked through all of the shenanigans going on leading up to the final report which was issued.
Speaker 4: Again.
Speaker 2: The report related to a review and analysis forensic of the process of getting contracts approved and abatements approved by the City of Cincinnatia Cincinnati, of course, on the heels of the scandals involving PG Sitting Fell, Jeff Pasture, and others. So the firm releases the draft, then the city says, oh, oh, oh, by the way, No, no, we don't want it done that way. We want it done a completely different way, at some point into a what amounted to a year long process for the review. So what is the What was the final report issued and what standards did it used? Did it used the ones that the city manager changed last minute or did it stick with it the parameters of the original negotiated agreement with the city.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they did put in their final report that they followed the government auditing standards for a performance audit.
Speaker 2: So that was what they were supposed to with the outset. Yes, okay, good.
Speaker 6: Before apparently somebody from the city spoke to them, but there were several findings. A lot of them had to do with recusal by members on certain issues, which is still a problem.
Speaker 2: But they like, if you have some personal relationship with the developer, like it's your brother in law coming in and you're a council member and your brother, your brother in law, your family member comes in and says, hey, I need you to approve this project I want done. Right that that's obviously, on its face, appearance of impropriety, I think is what we call it in the law.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 6: So they set out recommendations on how to manage recusals by council members, what you know when they should who they should recuse themselves to, and et cetera, et cetera. But there were two recommendations that several of us have been interested in for a long time, and one has to do with the three reading rules for enacting an ordinance. Under the Charter, the city Council is supposed to read an ordinance three times before they vote on it.
Speaker 2: And what this city councils three separate council meeting exactly. They can't just read it three times in a row in one council meeting, right they do that?
Speaker 6: Oh I could see that too. They have to give the public time to understand what is happening and provide any input.
Speaker 2: So but what input that they will then ignore Hyde Park?
Speaker 6: But what what the city council? This city council does it? The previous city councils do it. They either vote to waive the three readings or they designate the ordnance and emergency. And so one of the findings that a CROW had in their final report is they did a sample of these votes on these ordinances. And I had estimated on one of my podcasts that it was probably up in the ninety percentile that they would pass something under an emergency. The sample that that CROW took and analyzed, one percent of the ordinances that they sampled were passed under an emergency. And the problem is that they come up with these lame excuses as an emergency. For example, on connected communities that was passed under an emergency. You know what their reason was, we need more housing. That was the reason that Reggie Harris gave to why this thing was passed under an emergency. So Crow actually pointed out these they had an he had an example or they had an example of one of these lame excuses, but they're all over the place. So that that was very a very good finding, and they had recommendations about how to get around that, or not get around it, but to implement that. But the second one is one I'm particularly interested in. It was when the council was able to provide input online budget line items. They need to explain their increases or their decreases to budget line items. So the city they just went through a three hour hearing budget hearing the other night where they had seventy six witnesses come forward basically asking for money from the city and they represented something like forty different groups.
Speaker 2: Non governmental organization not their hand of the cookie drug. Yes, and these are the ones the mayor decides who gets the money.
Speaker 6: Well, what they do is they apply for it. The city manager comes up with her recommendations on which of these applicants should get money and how much. And then and that was what was reported the other night. Now what happens is it goes through some kind of process where the mayor gets to ada and the city council gets to add and that process is not transparent whatsoever. They have it on their schedule, their budget schedule. But in terms of why does the manager go through this rigorous, supposedly rigorous merit based process and come up with her recommendations and then the city council and the mayor just comes in and you know, changes it, it increases it. Last year, the city manager's recommendation for what they call leverage support was like five million dollars. Well after the mayor and the city council got through with it, it was up to they increased at one point three million dollars just with the stroke of a pen. And so anyway Crow with no explanation or one of these lame excuses, and Crow pointed this out that this is a problem. You need to provide a more transparent process and you know, you have to justify these changes to these line items. So I think those those were two issues that were particularly problematic for the city that they didn't like those. The other thing that the final report included they talked about a they have a conflict of interest survey. So this is something I did not know existed until I read the auto report. But apparently when the new council members are sworn in, they go through they fill out a conflict of interest survey. Sure, and I guess somebody in the legal department looks at it and helps them. So I asked I put a records request in for them, and I did get a clean copy of the form, and that has issues. I think, for example, they don't even have to sign that. They forget about certifying it. They don't even have to sign all their disclosures on this survey. But they're denying me access to any of the surveys that were completed by any of the council members or the mayor.
Speaker 2: I'm not denial predicated.
Speaker 6: On attorney client privilege. If you can believe that, No, I cannot believe that. Now, Well, they use that a lot, they use that a lot, but.
Speaker 2: It's a conflict of interest piece of paper survey that is handed over to the city manager or somebody else within the bureaucracy that's not a lawyer. Well, there's no connection with with attorney client privilege in that.
Speaker 6: Well, I've always wondered who their client really is. I thought their client was.
Speaker 2: Yes, exactly.
Speaker 6: But if I had unlimited resources, I'd probably try to look into that. But uh and take them to court. But that that's that's their game. They do a lot of blocking and tackling when it comes to records requests, don't.
Speaker 2: We have some local attorneys who do that just as I mean, who's they do? But they you know, they they cost money to I mean, somebody could do some pro bono work just to have fun. Somebody wants to prod and poke the city of Cincinnati and and and and help ferret out fraud, wasted abuse. Maybe maybe so that we can refer some of this information over to the FBI for them to investigate, because well, you know, the less transparent government is, the more likely something going on behind the scenes that they don't want acknowledged or revealed, the more likely it is that could be criminal.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: What at the national level we have, we have a lot of organizations like that. I guess Judicial Watch is one of the big ones. Amen, And I think Cincinnati could use something like that, or Hamilton County and Cincinnati could use something like that.
Speaker 2: See it's a call to arms. Someone's out there that can handle that. Don't go away. We got more Todds in er, including the great Cincinnati train robbery. If we can even get that in. That sounds like a topic that could also take up three or four segments at seven thirty eight. Right now, I'm recommend plumb Tye Plumbing because you deserve better. They know you deserve better. That's why they deliver on better, better customer service, better prices, no service fees, and free estimates. They enjoying aplus with a better business. Bureau been pushing on the tankless hot water heaters. They're a great idea. You know, if your water heaters is getting toward the end of its life where it's gone belly up, you know, tankless maybe the right thing for you to go because they save you money. They provide unlimited hot water. You never run out. As long as the hot water's on, it's churning it out space saber about the size of a suitcase hanging on the wall, and can get rid of that giant tank and again, unlimited hot water. It's just amazing technology. And they last longer than the tanks, so that's one of the things they'll do for you. But you know, if you need your sewer line replair repair to replace. They don't have to dig your yard up. They do trenchless sewer line repairs, clog drains, some pumps, whatever happens to me. If it's plumbing, it's plumbing done right by plumb type plumbing five one three seven two seven Tight t I t E five one three seven two seven eighty four eighty three Online plumb tight dot com fifty five. The talk station Jennini says, today it's going to be cloudy. We will hit some scattered showers and some thunderstorms later this afternoon. At some point, I have eighty today. Rain and storms are likely overnight with a low sixty seven. We got some sun but mostly cloudy tomorrow, and I have eighty two. It's seventy degrees right now. Traffic time from the UC Traffic Center.
Speaker 8: Millions of Americans are living with Alzheimer's or other dimensions. Find answers from leading brain health experts at you see Health. Learn more at you see health dot com. Northbound seventy five if you need an extra minute or two between Buttermilk and downtown.
Speaker 1: Otherwise highway tramp he can pretty good shape.
Speaker 8: Crews continue to work with an overnight train Deory on it and Hamilton Walnut is bucked off between King and seven, Chuck Ingram on fifty five Kroc the talk station.
Speaker 2: Seven forty two fifty five Ker City Talk Station, our citizen watchdog, todds Enzer. All right, well, we put to bed the issue of the audit that nobody's paying attention to. But you got further work to do on that in ferreting out the maybe the conflict of interest statements that they wouldn't give you for reasons unknown other than the attorney clam privilege which doesn't apply. But what about the great train robbery I see on my list, the Great Cincinnai train robbery. Obviously this relates to the sale of the train of the railway system. Yes, so what's the story on that if they say it's generating a whole a lot more money than the lease paim But we got fifty point fifty six million dollars this year.
Speaker 6: Right, so the city is really trying to do a jiu jitsu. On one hand, they say we've got all this extra money, and then apparently the mayor came out I don't know, yesterday or the day before trying to lower expectations of what that money can buy because of the increased cost of building materials.
Speaker 2: They allocated thirty million dollars for roads out of the total pile of money fifty six million, and that only paves fifty miles worth of roads and they're already way way years behind in resurfacing roads exactly.
Speaker 6: And my point and this issue about the cost of the material, Yeah, Adam Kaylor was on that during the campaign, and he is correct. The inflation, the inflationary costs of the material is going to make build or repairing these roads so expensive. And people say, well, that's gonna happen whether you use railroad money or not. That's right. But what it's gonna do is going to deplete the one point six billion and when that's all used up, we don't have an asset any longer.
Speaker 2: Well, can they can they dip into principle without approval from the the authorities that that's independent board that's supposed to ride her to preside over the management of that money.
Speaker 6: No, it's gonna be. It's gonna be. The board has strict rules about how much it can give to the city, and if the balance of the one point six goes below a certain amount, they can't send money to the city anymore. They've got to wait for that to build back up. Right, So you have all this Rube Goldberg type of procedures and you know, controls and things like that, and they're gonna they're gonna go through this money like water. And you know, people say, well, why are you still harping on a railroad because it was not a good deal. That wasn't And in terms of the Great Train Robbery, the thing that really is a problem is the fact that you had this public asset, probably Cincinnati's most valuable, with the public asset, and the city leaders, if you want to call them leaders, let this railroad come in and basically buy the election. They knew when they agreed to this that under the current state law ballot issue campaigns there is no limit on corporate contributions for ballot issue campaigns, and so Norfolk Southern could spend as much money as it wanted. And then what it did. It spent six million dollars and there was.
Speaker 2: No organized, well funded campaign against the sale of the railroad.
Speaker 6: No, we didn't have any money, you know. We I think Adam put money in. I think the total amount we calculate it was like eight thousand dollars or something like that. But it was also a matter of time. They put this thing on a rocket docket, and we didn't have a whole lot of time to organize.
Speaker 4: But the.
Speaker 6: Problem is that if this was just a campaign where the mayor was running, no problem. But the mayor wasn't running. This was for the sale of a public asset, and so much greater transparency should be required and it's not. But what happened is Norfolk Southern six million went to this political action committee, and the political action committee sent ninety percent of that to a political consultant in Washington, d c. Who has no public disclosure requirement on how that money is spent.
Speaker 2: Why do you think it went there?
Speaker 6: And this particular political action or this political consultant is the same one that the mayor used when he ran for mayor in twenty twenty one.
Speaker 11: And so.
Speaker 6: I sent a letter to the mayor and to the council, and I thought the council should take these recommendations from these reports, list them out, and do a report on what they did with these recommendations. You know, did you adopt it? If so, how did you not adopt it. If not, why and then for the mayor he did these TV commercials for the railway.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well, we filed a complaint with the Election Commission because his campaign treasurer for his personal campaign was the same treasurer for the political action committee that Norfolk Southern set up, and we thought there should be additional disclosures about the decision making on how they were spending money. Well, we took that complaint to the election Committee, but we didn't. We didn't succeed, but we got an affidavit out of the campaign treasurer who said, oh, it wasn't me that made all the decisions, It was a steering committee. So who's on the steering committee? Who is it that called the mayor and said, hey, Mayor, we think it'd be a good idea if you went on TV for Who was that and who's on this steering committee?
Speaker 2: Those are legitimate questions, and so I put that in my letter.
Speaker 6: You ought to tell us who is on the steering committee. And secondly, you ought to demand greater accountability from SKDK, the political consultant in Washington, about what he's what they did with this money? Did they really spend six million dollars on that campaign. I mean there was a lot of stuff going into the mailboxes and there were some commercials, but they really spent six million dollars. That is three times what anybody has ever spent on a campaign in Cincinnati. I'm told that mister Cranleigh's of the second campaign may have cost like two million, but this was six million dollars. And there's no way in my view that they could have spent six million dollars. So where's that? Where where did that money go?
Speaker 2: Well, if aftab's doing commercials to sell the railroad, I mean he's got to get paid for his time.
Speaker 6: Well, yeah, he got paid, all right, he got one point six billion dollars.
Speaker 2: Dodds in there. We'll get a couple more minutes with dodd after pretty for it. Here for my friends at Foreign Exchange, where you get your traditionally imported cars. I know imported cars, and traditionally some of them are manufactured here in the States. But you know what I'm talking about Asian or European cars. Mean you got a BMW or a Volkswagen, or you've got a Kia or a Honda or a Toyota. Listen, if it's a traditionally imported car or a tesla. Is that a bad word these days? Tesla? Anyway, they say service teslas. At Foreign Exchange as well, you get a full warranty on parts in service. You'll pay less money. That's the great thing about Foreign Exchange. You'll save a lot of money versus the dealer. When you take a car to FOREI in Exchange, and that is what I have been doing for years. ASC certified Master technicians will be working on your car. You can actually talk to the tech if you want. I know some you know the dealer still lets you go in and talk to the person working on your car. But if you if you're inclined to want to do that, you can at Foreign Exchange go to the Westchester location. That's one I recommend, and Austin and the team of awesome mechanics there treat you great and pay less. Tyler's will leged off by seventy five East two Streets right on Kingland Online Foreign X for in the letter X dot com five one three six four four twenty six twenty six five one three six four four twenty six twenty six fifty five KRC dot com Friday, I request I said, yeah, you gotta work song two in there because it's Friday.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 2: This has been a really interesting, enlightening and thought provoking hour with Todd's enzers Citizen Watchdog, and make sure you pay attention to what Todd's doing. And since we don't have a whole lot of time to break down even more shenanigans, which I know you know more about. There's a lot more going on in the City of Sincinnati behind the scenes than we know about. But since I have a few minutes or a couple minutes, you have the podcast Citizen Watchdog, and you're always doing what you talked about, you've done today in connection with the audit. You are apparently going to have your own web page now to put all this information up in an easily usable, findable format, since the City of Cincinnati, if it is up there somewhere in their online materials, quite often difficult to ferret out.
Speaker 6: Yes, And so I just think that people are like me, and they want to see the they want to see the evidence, they want to see the documents, and you really can't do that unless you have some kind of repository online like that.
Speaker 2: So well as someone who's looking at it from your standpoint, I mean, your goal is transparency. That's hence you know the watchdog, because clearly our elected officials, council members and mayor like and the city manager are not at all interested in being transparent about what's going on.
Speaker 6: I do agree with you on that. They they this idea of oversight and transparency. They talk good game, but they've got a lot of challenges there, that's for sure.
Speaker 2: You're so delicate with your language. There's such challenge. They have challenges. A fundamental problem with being honest, I think is I'm gonna at least that's conclusion you draw. That's what I'm so angry about it. And I've been on a rail rant quite over a lot of lack of transparency issues of late. You know, like, for example, real quick here that whole idea, Elon Musk comes out, Well, Trump's in the Epstein files, and so all these politicians are coming out, well if he was in there, if he was in there, then why wouldn't have Biden released it? And so wait a second, that statement if he was in there indicates that our representatives don't even know what's in there. Why don't we know this's been going on? For years, Todd. You know, it's that kind of thing that just really really irks me. Why don't they allow us to have the information. It's only a handful of people in the entire city that will be interested in looking at it. We're one of them. But even if one person wants to look at it, they work for us. The information is not confidential, and so if you ask for it, they should hand it over and they should provide an explanation. For example, in the conclusion of that report you talked about, which makes recommendations on honest, decent, going forward conduct, transparent conduct, they should at least answer the question why they aren't following what they were told to do when they hired this outside auditing firm. Ye, silence, deafening silence.
Speaker 6: I agree with you one percent.
Speaker 2: Well, Tom, we'll have you on again. You keep up the great work. I thank you for what you're doing and allowing me to just scream about it and let my listeners know as well. We need more people like you out there and more interested parties holding them accountable. They work for us. Coming up in seven fifty six, Donna Schwaben is in the house. It's Schwabinfest. This weekend. Let's get our German garb on, let us get our drink and our food feedback on. They're going to be in studio after the news US happens fast, stay up to date at the top of the hour.
Speaker 6: Not gonna be complicated, It's gonna go very fast.
Speaker 10: Fifty five KRC the talk station. This report is sponsored by Tree Health Surgey Station.
Speaker 2: I've been looking forward to this moment in time since yesterday when the microphone went off and Joe Streuker said, don't eat breakfast tomorrow morning. So why Donna Schwabin's gonna be in the studio at schwabin Fest this weekend. And that means food. And you know I've said many times over the years, you know, I pretend that I don't eat food, and I say I'm not allowed to eat food or drink in the studio because against the rules. I'm going a point in my career where I don't care I'm eating food in the studio. Go ahead, fire me, guys. How you doing in studio? Nick, Jared and Pete from the Doma Donna s Robins Society. You can find him online. It's since e don O'Dell nau dot com it's a weekend of Gimut the kite to celebrate in the schwabin Fest. Guys, good to have you in the studio. Thanks for having us. Thank you my pleasure. I love going to the Schwabinfest. And you know this is not too I'm not I'm not a favorite of any one German organization or another. You guys know that we got the other German societies that come in and there's how many of them are there in the city, like forty or something crazy like that. Forty there's four big ones. But that's a great thing. We all work together and we scored each other and it's yeah, yeah, that's It's like, you guys, aren't you know? It isn't like that scene from Anchorman where you're meeting an alley and like having a gang fight. You know, but uh, you all play well together. I guess you'll have a parade. I guess usually there is one in Octoberfest.
Speaker 9: We do for the firstest being two day fest.
Speaker 4: We did I do it.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's all right. But normally you see all the different societies with their banners and flags and what the Usually these things are kind of based upon what region the Germans emigrated from you know, like the Black Forest region or whatever. The where's the origin of the Donna Schwaben group.
Speaker 9: Yes, the Despobin group, it came from The people came from the Swabian region of Germany and they and they went down the Danube River, so that's you get the dough no now and the and the in the Schwaben and they went down to lower eastern Europe like Hungary, Yugoslavia area, and they cultivate that land into the bread basket of Europe. And they kept but they kept even though they're out of Germany, they kept their German heritage or speaking, their their culture and traditions. And then, uh, you know, after after the war, they immigrated to the US because German speaking people weren't so welcomed in those areas, so they came here. And it's not just in Cincinnati, it's all over the US and internationally, I think they's some in Brazil and another place to where where the Denniswamp people had had gone to. Okay, but it's a fun party, and they keep their traditions and share them with the city and oh it's a fun party.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let me talk about that in just a minute here because I am enjoying the Well, it's the the one I look forward every year for is the Schwaben sausage, right, but you brought in a new one this year. The meter meter wors metavers and this thing what is? It's a foot long, right, at least eighteen inches half a meter a half meter and it's not a bun. It's almost a full eighteen inches long. And it is so good if you're a fan of uh what is a knockwurst or back worst, This is like, you know, eighteen inch long black worst. But I love how you cooked it. It's almost like it's been It's a crinkly natural case sausage exterior, which is cheap casing. Yeah, oh it's awesome. My listeners are going cod well, you get to enjoy. We're just listening to your rave about it. So you can show up at Schwapenfest this weekend. First off, you have events going on today.
Speaker 9: Correct, starts today five point thirty. Here's eleven and tomorrow one one to eleven.
Speaker 2: And where's it located?
Speaker 9: Fourteen ninety drive badge road out in cold rain right behind the loads to two seventy five right there at that Uh, that corn exit and easy to find. Plenty on site parking and.
Speaker 2: Only on site parking for this festival. Only on site parking, so there's no shuttle service from remote location like that, right.
Speaker 16: Which is our Octoberfest. We do have bus service for this one, so it's a little bit smaller than Octoberfest, so we can keep everybody on site.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 2: That just means more for our food and drink for us that show up, got it? Uh, Who's who's performing? I mean, you've got multiple entertainment acts that are going to be showing up tonight and we'll get to tomorrow in a moment here, But who's who's going to be playing?
Speaker 16: The ploma band starts at five point thirty tonight or from Saint Louis, and then we uh they also played Saturday starting at one to kickoff Saturday, and then we have our house band, alpin Echoes, which ends the night at six thirty and that's tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Yes, Well what about what about young getting Drupa?
Speaker 1: Yep, so the yougen grouping is the.
Speaker 16: Youth group and they're.
Speaker 2: That's the name. Yes, I remember enough German to know that young means suggest young youth, youthful, that kind of thing.
Speaker 16: So those that's one of our four dance groups and one of our five dance groups. Sorry, and they are ages fifteen to twenty one.
Speaker 9: Well, the klinic Kinder they started at four years old, clinic Kinder, Klinic Kinder.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they started four small children and they got the middle group of.
Speaker 9: Then the Yugen group, then the shop Potler's, then the Talkton group, and they go up to I think eighty four. So it's you know, as Auntie said the other day, you know, you can you can see its need to haveing these five different dance groups. You know where they learn and each one has their own different type of cultural dance that's brought over from from Europe. Uh, but you know where they where they learn it to where they perfect it.
Speaker 2: And it's well, I think it's a cool thing that that young people are still learning this. Yeah, you know, the world's a never changing place and you think, you know, it's like does anybody really still do that? And yeah, the answer is yes. And these German societies, everybody learns how to dance. My wife, not German, has her her drendal and she ends up always there's usually an elderly German Man who always ends up dancing with my wife. And every one of these things. My wife, you know, she's an attractive lady and so you know, she loves the dance and I don't dance, so I'm usually having to keep my eye on her because there's some guy out there dancing with my wife. Jane, you didn't marry out, I did. I told you that in the hallway. That's why I tell people now I no longer care if they want to fire me, because I'm eating in the studio knock themselves out. And one of the reasons I can say that is because I can retire right now. I'm married. I'm married, out of my element. Anyhow, she's listening right now.
Speaker 9: Well, nice things about the youth group, Like we're teaching the kids, you know, how to dance, and we're teaching about culture. But you know, part of the fest is it is a fundraiser and we send our kids over to Germany and Austria every couple of years so they can learn and see firsthand. So they go to the Dennis swamping clubs over there, they can go around and actually see, you know, where the people came from and what the cultures are over there.
Speaker 2: Do you have a corresponding uh donnas Trabert group over there that you keep, you communicate with it, coordinates activities when you get there. Oh, that's cool.
Speaker 9: Like the International I guess headquarters whatever they call it, is over there. So yeah, they have a museum and everything. So the kids go over there oftentimes I think they stay in other people's houses. And the reason is really you really get to feel it that way instead of being in a hotel, like you're really in touch with the communities.
Speaker 4: And the people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's a great idea. I never been to Germany.
Speaker 1: I'd like to go.
Speaker 2: I've got friends together all the time, all.
Speaker 6: Right, So.
Speaker 2: You got the plumb man, you got you only group and the shoel plotter school plotter.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 9: Shoe fallers are the one wearing the later hose and jumping around stopping their knees. And uh, I can see in Europe Trevia Clark Goswald.
Speaker 2: And that's why we're actually were And yeah, well I was gonna ask you later about because I went to one of the festivals and I'm blessed the shuts in fest folks gave me a pair of leader hosing, nice people. They are the cops weekend. Yeah, And so I wore my leader hose into a different German event and I was told that I didn't have the appropriate attire for that particular German club. And I don't know which one it was, but there were I think mostly walking around with the three quarter length uh as opposed to the just sort of pant like shorts that I have. So there is regional clothing too.
Speaker 4: So what.
Speaker 2: Do my leader hosing fit in with with with with the dons rob yeah, okay.
Speaker 9: Absolutely, these are I think called boondjosen and and typically those are four you know, it's a little bit colder out because they're they're longer. But shopepoler are the same way. You know, it's not always as super Boler's. They might look the same, but every dance and move is also very regional, so some shupe bolers really stick to one town's kind of moves, if you will, Okay, ours is kind of like the Greatest Hits collection.
Speaker 2: Just don't slap the person you dance with in the face.
Speaker 4: Land up.
Speaker 9: So we do have a dance called the the shoe Fall, right, so you know your plotler and you put your hands out and the girl tied your hands on the first hand and on a second time of ground, the girl will slap you in the face. Years ago, my wife used to shoot faller and man when I was paired up with her, she got me.
Speaker 2: You know, there's so many opportunities for blue humor in that statement. I'm just gonna let that rest. And right there, as we go into a break, we'll bring it back a little about the Saturday activities and all the other fun We're going to have a Donna Schwabin Schwabbinfest beginning tonight at five point thirty. Well, for a moment and mentioned chimney care, fireplace and stuff. You got to take care of your chimney, you know, do you know what's going on up there? If it wood burning fireplace, it could be filled with koreasod and your fire. You actually could have had a chimney fire and not even know about it. The problem is that will crack your whining and then if you have another one, it'll burn your house to the ground. At least that's as it has been explained to me in the past. Maybe you could burn your house down even with the first chimney fire. The point is you don't want one, which is why you take Chimneycare Fireplace to Stove up on its Spring special which is a woodburning sweep and evaluation, which is only one hundred and sixty nine ninety nine. They inspected with a video camera certified chimney Sweep WI sweep it. They'll make sure everything is safe. That way, you don't have to worry about a chimney fire. You ready to hit the ground, runn when the temperatures drop back down and they will just got to wait for it. Or if you don't have a wood burner, the exterior evaluation which the Chimneycare Fireplace and Stove will do for free. You just need a schedule appointment. They'll come out to your place, make sure you don't have any water damage problems going on up there, and if you do, you may not know about that either and that could lead to a huge problem and a massive expense for you. You want to avoid that and it's a free inspection for that one and they'll do that of course when they do the woodburning sweep and evaluation. So Chimneycareco dot Com is where you go. You can sign up for an appointment there or call them up. Chimneycareco dot Com a plus with a better business fear, locally owned and operated since nineteen eighty eight five one three two four eight ninety six hundred five one three two four eight ninety six.
Speaker 17: Hundred fifty five KRC the talk station. For more information, there's your Channel nine weather forecast. Yeah, give you a couple of days worth. Anyway, It's gonna be cloudy for the most part today, Scattered showers and the storms to show up this afternoon high of eighty overnight rain expect end storms are expected to continue sixty seven for the well Sunday to mostly flatty on Saturday.
Speaker 2: There's a little teeny chance of rain. They're saying hi of eighty two. Then it's seventy one right now in time for traffic.
Speaker 1: From the UCL Tramping Center.
Speaker 8: Millions of Americans are living with Alzheimer's and other dementias. Find answers from leading brain health experts that you see help learn more at u sehealth dot com. Satbound seventy five continues to slow a bit, coming out of the Blackland split and cruiser cleaning up a wreck on Sharon at Forrest Avenue. Have Hanniver blocked off in Hamilton between Central and eighth that's due to an overnight train to Railma shot Ingram on fifty five krs.
Speaker 1: The talk station.
Speaker 2: You can think about kcs DE talk stations. Sticking with the German bumper music since my German friends from Donna Schwaben are in studio for another segment talking about schwab and Fest this weekend. It is h These are just fun events and open to everybody. We're not doing cultural appropriation here. I'm not German. They let me show up so fun food and music, entertainment. You got the young people dancing, you got the old people dancing. You congestion German garber to show up in your genes that's okay too.
Speaker 4: And beer.
Speaker 2: We talked about the sausage, but let us talk about the rest of the food and the beer that's available. Nick, Jared and Pete in studio from the Schwabinfest. Now you are famous for the Schwaben sausage, which I mentioned. You guys make that yourselves, most.
Speaker 9: Of it, you know, we make it. We do make it ourselves. But rut a point now where it's in such high demand. We give a recipe to our local butcher Wostlers out in Green Township and they make it.
Speaker 2: Who makes the other sausage meter Worse which again are fantastic. Oh yeah, but you also have other things to eat.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Friday tonight we'll have our rotisserie chicken from Octoberfest famous Tistrie chicken, I might add famous. It's it's pretty good, uh, turned on a spit. And then tomorrow we'll have our beef dinners. Then we'll have the Swaping Sausage on both Friday and Saturdays our dinners. And then out in the fest we have a fest feel like the meter Works brought some mets. We have a collection of sandwiches like am and cheese, turkey, rubens those kind of things.
Speaker 2: And ruben on salted rye.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Then then we have our new uh it's our second year for the Grabbing Go, which Jared here chairs up. But it's a new booth, I you know, kind of targeted to be faster. So if you just want to broad or in a beer, we have it in the same booth or a pretzel you can go there.
Speaker 2: You just grab and go.
Speaker 9: It's all you know, pre made and well at the fest right there, right, But but we're trying to help people get food fast and then also like families, if you want to go there and get a beer, some for your kid and a food all same time, it's all there in.
Speaker 2: The same booth. Well, that's a nice and its convenient feature. I see you also have the Limburger sandwich. Always I find memories. I mean, I'm not a Limburger fan. I'll be honest with you.
Speaker 13: I know.
Speaker 2: There is my dad and my grandfather, my mom's dad, and he had a very small, small house generally speaking of Lexon, Kentucky, where where they live for years and years and years anyway, maybe a twelve or fourteen basement TV room, a little couch in there. My grandfather would sit down there, and there were times that he used to have a pipe or he'd have a smoke or whatever, watch a football game. But my dad would get down there and he and my grandfather would eat Limburger sandwiches, rye bread, big flat, big hunk of Limburger cheese, mustard, and onions. And I'm telling you, that small room would just just fill up with the stench of Limburger cheese. He could walk in there. It's like, God, oh, we love it, we love it. I'm like, I think it was more of a it's it's like eating a ghost pepper too. Oh I was able to eat that, you know, yeah, right, But you didn't really like it, did you? A badge of honor? You just it's a badge of honor. Yeah, I choked down a Limburger cheese sandwich in spite of how about it smells. And there's people out there right now going, oh, come on, Limburger tastes great, tastes great, just stinks. But they've got it there, so you can do that. But I'm bump bump bump beers. You guys have beer there, don't you. Well look at the list A couple of beers.
Speaker 16: Yes, we literally have every available German Austrian beer in the city of Cincinnati. Wow, this is this is anything that's available in keg form.
Speaker 4: We have it.
Speaker 2: That's a bold statement considering now do you include like micro brewis in that?
Speaker 1: Because no, nope.
Speaker 16: Only it's only imported German beers, all right, so that they're not with chipping and everything. We're not getting as many as we used to get a couple of years ago. But now it's this is This is the list of what's available in the city of Cincinnati currently about.
Speaker 9: That mostly you're not going to find them at a store or even at a bar. They're they're really kind of hard to.
Speaker 2: Get, which is unless you're buying a hole a keg.
Speaker 9: Or or a palette of kegs. Sometimes it won't sell to you unless you're buying a palette. But you know, I think it's fun for the you know, our guests. You know, they can you know, there's a lot of new beers there. They try something you like, but also try something different. We got the whole range of light, dark wheat. We you know, we even have some rodlers, a grapefruit roller, you like those kind of things.
Speaker 2: But that's an interesting beverage, it is. And I just find it so hard to believe that that grapefruit beverage is German.
Speaker 9: Well, it's because Germans don't know how to make light beer. You know, they make full strength beer, then they'll cut it down with lemonade or grapefruit juice.
Speaker 2: That's good. Had a grapefruit land in Germany. It's not exactly a tropical climate anywhere.
Speaker 9: Well, ler is German for a like a bicycler and that's you know, so like if you're riding your bike and you're exercising and you know you want a beer, but maybe you know, and more refreshing, you know, after an exercise, they put a little great projuice in there and lemonade.
Speaker 11: There you go.
Speaker 16: The traditional one is Logger beer, half logger beer, half tart lemonade, and it's just something very freshing you can drink after a good days of work.
Speaker 2: Maybe Corona where a line came from. Yeah, these are these are the days. They predate white claw and fruity beverage, fruity alcoholic beverages. Fair enough, well, folks, you know, Joe Strekker has added the information on Donna shrub into my website at fifty five care ce dot com, so you get all the details and you can also go to I mentioned it before I can mention it again the Donna Schwabin website, which is sincey with why Donno d o nau and get the details and information there as well. Guys, I cannot think you knowough for coming to the studio bringing the wonderful food and give me a little sample what we're going to experience tonight and tomorrow tonight five point thirty pm until eleven pm Tomorrow one pm to eleven pm. Enjoy the fun, the festivities, the dance, the food, the drink, the Gimuti kite which is guaranteed give.
Speaker 9: Me like you know what, give me the kite is.
Speaker 2: It's fun.
Speaker 1: It's fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's good.
Speaker 9: It's that good, warm, cozy fielding and we try to make that for everyone.
Speaker 2: And it's it's like a general word for fellowship, but good fellowship, you know, the experiencing the joy and the happiness, the festivities, everything that goes along with it, just the general air of happiness. Yes, if I can sum it up, that's perfect. Wonderful guys, Nick, Jared Pete, thank you again for bringing the stuff in. And I may grab myself another schwab and sausage as I escort you out. It's eight twenty six right now. If you have k City Talk Station, we'll have more to talk about it. I love to take a phone call to or So Jok and open up the phones and we'll try to have a little more fun as we get close to the close of the morning show on this wonderful Friday. This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station.
Speaker 4: Rainy.
Speaker 2: According to Channel nine, we are going to have maybe some severe rain today, but otherwise scattered showers and storms showing up later this afternoon high the eighty and maybe gusty wins a heavy rain. Lightning also mentioned. Oh night rain with storms expected to continue. Sixty seven for the low eighty two to the high tomorrow with some sun, mostly clouds and the tweeny chance of rain uh eighty two the high end right now to seventy two or thirty five. KERC Decauk station trying for traffic.
Speaker 1: From the UCUT Trampic Center.
Speaker 8: Bingings of Americans are living with Alzheimer's or other dementias. Find answers from leading brain health experts that you see help Monmorid, you see help dot com Stop found seventy five slowing just a bit. I should come out of Lachland North found seventy five minutes clear through the cut.
Speaker 1: Also books better at the lateral.
Speaker 8: There's a wreck in the clean up stages on sharing at forest Chuck ing ramon fifty I had KRC the talk station.
Speaker 1: Hey thirty one fifty.
Speaker 2: Five KRCD talk station, Happy Friday. Yeah, I hate to see those guys, go, But after giving you all the information about shop Fest, just be a bunch of Germans and me sitting around her room yucking it up and eating sausages. And you know there's good radio, and you'd make the you decide whether a good radio is good radio or not. But then again, there's just radio that's good for the host. And that would have been me sitting around yucking it up with the Germans and eating great food and drinks. Now, but the information about the festival is on my blog page fifty five kr seed dot com. Opportunity for you to call in five one three seven fifty eight hundred and eighty two to three talk pound five fifty if you have an AT and T phone. Uh yeah, you heard it. Earlier, Procter and Gamble announce some plans cut seven thousand jobs over the next couple of years, fifteen percent of its non manufacturing workforce. Uh As Dan Monk from WCPO describes, the company navigates the challenges posed by tariffs and slower growth. Company hadn't said how many the layoffs are going to occur here in Cincinnati, of course, where you employ ten thousand people. Here in the Greater Cincinnati area. So, according to the chief financial officer, Andre shootin' sounds awfully German. Just the opportunity to accelerate that innovation pipeline, make the right investments, and capture that growth opportunity, I think created that urgency in the organizations to say now's the time, insofar as the time to cut Joe, have you seen all of the articles describing the whaling and gnashing of teeth and pity and concern about expressed by the general public because seven thousand employees at PG are losing their jobs everywhere?
Speaker 10: Right?
Speaker 2: Oh no, that was right. That was just the government employees losing their jobs even though they weren't showing up to work to do something productive like make money for a company. Sorry, I had to vent my spleen on that. Let's see here, state senator who introduced the bill, a new funding source for the sports stadiums here in the state of Ohio. Speaking of Ohio budgets, not shocking anybody, said, half a dozen teams have already expressed interest in a one point one billion dollar grant pool that'll be available after July if it ultimately becomes part of Ohio's next two year budget. Senator Jerry Semina said teams should keep in mind that lawmakers won't be interested in projects that aren't ready for primetime. His words Sereno comments came a couple of days after he introduced a proposal to fund stadium projects with one point seven billion dollars in unclaimed funds from the state of Ohio. That is, money from abandoned bank accounts, uncash checks, rent utility deposits whose rightful owner cannot be located. So it is one of the processes where we learn they're sitting on a big pile of money. And notice, much to my chagrin, that that money is available only to teams, sports stadiums, fully baked, ready for prime time sports related complexes. Now, if you're a business out there, don't bother trying to stand in line. You're you're not you're not entitled any of the taxpayer money in this particular case, money that could go to the American or the Ohio tax payer maybe and maybe in the form of a property tax relief.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't that be cool?
Speaker 2: Hey, here is one point seven billion dollars we're gonna distribute equally among the property taxpayers here in the state of Ohio. Now, I don't know how much that would mean per home or building that pays taxes, but you know what, I think that will be money much better spent than on a sports stadium. And it's not that I have anything against sports. Don you know the argument I have? I have hell, I would be upset if they were handing money out to any business for no reason whatsoever. Oh, but we're gonna make a whole lot of money off of the sports team. No, no, no, you're gonna make a whole lot of money off of a company like Procter and Gamble.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: They employed ten thousand people in the city of Cincinnati, all of whom are taxpayers. I don't know that they've got an infusion of hundreds of millions of dollars from the Ohio tax payer. They don't need it because they're out making something and selling it. If I eight thirty five, maybe you feel differently. I have not heard a single person disagree with me on the propriety of giving money for these sports complexes. And if you have a basis to say it's a good idea, call me up and let me know why. A thirty five right now? If you I have KCD talk station, be back after these brief words. Fifty five KRC man gentlemen says, we've got some scattered showers and storms later this afternoon, mostly cloudy up until that point in time. Severe weather also a possibility. I have eighty rain with storms expected to continue over nine sixty seven tomorrow's sun and mostly cloud and tiny chance rain. They're suggesting eighty two for the eye tomorrow sixty five overnight seventy three. Right now at fifty five ker CIT talk station. How about traffick right.
Speaker 8: Now from the UCUP Traffic Center. Millions of Americans are living with Alzheimer's and other dementias. Find answers from leading brain health experts at you see help on more at you see help dot com. South Bend seventy five continues to slow just a bit out of Blackland sing for South two seventy five between the Lawrence Burred Ramp and the bridge. Crews continue to clean up from the train to Rammit and Hamilton Hannover blocked off between Central and eighth and slow traffic on King Chuck ingram on fifty five KRC.
Speaker 1: The talk station.
Speaker 2: Eight thirty nine at fifty five kr C de talk station A very very very happy Friday to you. Just they've doubling down in my comment about Elon Musk saying that, well, Donald Trump's go using the Epstein files, and a lot of people are defending Trump saying, well, no, no, if he was in the Epstein files or had some connection with Epstein, then Joe Biden would have used it against him, And I believe that is an accurate guess. Revealing in their comments is that it's always qualified along the lines of, well, I don't know what's in them, but if Trump was in them, then why wouldn't Joe Biden let the world know that Donald Trump was involved with the pedophile And my retort was, it's certainly possible. The reason he didn't is because the Epstein files implicate a whole lot of Democrats, and if you're going to use it against Trump, you know it's coming right back at you to haunt you. I personally don't believe Trump anything do with it, given his behavior and in fact that he was asked and involved in the Epstein investigation and actually said, no problem, I'll be happy to sit down and talk with you whenever you want. I had nothing really to hide, and I know he alienate him alienated himself from Epstein and has abandoned from his golf course or something along those lines when Epstein was still with us. But you know, why would Musk make a stupid comment like that, This is just childish? Childish, childish. But going back to the fundamental point, Representatives and members of Congress don't know what is in the Epstein file or files they whatever you want to characterize them. At the documents that were gathered in connection with all the raids that were done in Epstein's properties in the Pedophile Island and all that, by all accounts, there are records, There are videotapes and speculation on people that have been implicated and suggest that you have been child molesters like Epstein. Why don't we know? Why have those records been held withheld? You think there'd be some whistleblower. How they released everything under the sun about Donald Trump Aclodie's private tax information. No one seemed to have a problem with that other than the fact that it was well not legal to do it. But the guy's dead and you can redact victim information. You know, I personally like to know who these perverts are out in the world. I'd like to be able to stay away from them. I like to be able to see them brought to criminal justice. But the longer you wait, Let's say one of them was involved in statutory rape, some noted notables, some lofty high official, maybe one of our elected officials in Washington, TC. Perhaps a lot of people hung out with Epstein, a lot of powerful people, Bill Gates. Maybe somewhere out there. There's probably a statute of limitations.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: But why don't we know? Why is there just this swirling speculation, and why is it which feeds the rumors, accusations and innuendo and conspiracy theories. There doesn't have to be any of that transparency. Thank you Todd Zenzer for spending an hour in the program talking about how City of Cincinnati he's pretty much involved in the same kind of thing, not along the pedophile lines, but hovering up information and hiding information that the taxpayers should have access to. If they're hiding it, I think it's it's reasonable for us to assume that something bad has happened behind the scenes, something that they don't want us to know about is going on behind the scenes, could be criminal behavior. It could be well, maybe bribery. Perhaps we saw that with some of the council members on the City of Cincinnati. But it's you know, they work for us. It's troubling to me. But you know, you got to ask the question waybit, why are you Why aren't you giving it to us. Let's see what Steve've got to say this morning. Steve, thanks for calling here, and a happy Friday to you.
Speaker 12: Oh you don't like Friday, but happy Friday anyway. I'm going to try to put a smile on your face. Had a long week. The politics are beaten down hard on you. Wednesday morning when you came on the air, you were really down less so yesterday, and it might because the weekend's approaching. But I mean, the news is sometimes tough to deal with. May I come out of left field and put a smile on your face?
Speaker 2: Well, why don't you come out of right field?
Speaker 12: Okay, Well I'll come out of right field. Yeah, I guess they always say left field. I don't know why, but yeah, we'll come out of the stands and we'll put a smile on your face. Has nothing to do with anything you've talked about. We'd go back about four or five weeks and you had a lady on there that was like an expert on the Beatles. Now, I am a Beatles fanatic and I'm sixty three years old, and I know you're not. I don't think you dislike them, but they just don't. They're not your preferred band. One thing I always say, if they're not your favorite musical artists, they might be your favorite musical artist's favorite musical artist, I mean, very.
Speaker 2: Big, one of the most influential bands out there. Yes, all the time.
Speaker 12: Well you know, well, here's what's going to hopefully put a smile on your face just the next time you hear this song. And it's one of their more famous ones. And again I thought I knew everything about them. I've read every book. It's like I've heard this story a thousand times. Nothing i'm hearing that's new is new. And it was the song Norwegian Wood and I and you know, the song That's a bit good Norwegian would. Do you know what the original title of that was going to be? I never did. It was actually knowing knowing she would would, isn't it good? Knowing she would? And it was nineteen sixty five, and there was pressure not to put out a song called that isn't that kind of cute? So the next time you listen to that, just think of what the original title was going to be, how they changed it around. It'll put a smile on your face. It has nothing to do with anything, but it's just you know with I mean, I could have called you up and gone on about the level of.
Speaker 2: Trump and Steve, I appreciate it. I absolutely appreciate it.
Speaker 12: Think about it next time you hear it. Just just get a little smile like in.
Speaker 2: A gotta Davida in the garden. Yeah, Yeah, appreciated Steve, YouTube man forty six. If you have cares of the talk stag and see you don't have to have a political topic to talk about. Most notably on a Friday, Lumba used to call it open mic Friday. Got a couple of minutes of the remaining in the morning show, and we come back. I hope you can stick around fifty five KRC one more time for the Channel nine weather forecasts got a showers and storms this afternoon, slightly higher chance of severe weather uh gusty wins heavy rain. Lightning also suggested to be a concern from Channel nine and I have eighty today, overnight low sixty seven with rain and storms expected to continue. We get some sung and otherwise mostly cloudy tomorrow with a high of eighty two and an overnight low of sixty five with rain likely seventy three. Right now, time for final traffic.
Speaker 8: Chuck from the UCL Tramping Center, Megan's of Americans are living with Alzheimer's or other dementias. Find answers from leading brain health experts at you see health. Learn more at you sehealth dot com. I'm looking at some major problems on it. He's found seventy four. The highway is shut down at Harrison due to some sort of a problem, and leans on Harrison are blocked off underneath seventy four. That tramping is starting to bank up towards to seventy five. I'm working on getting more details. Chuck ing ram On fifty five KRC the talk station.
Speaker 2: Eight fifty one fifty five r CD talk station. Another thing that put a smile on my face hearing this song Joey No just to Lilie Armstrong, but I have a huge preference for Joe Ramon's version of that. Let's see what they're go to the phones oh, real quick here, Julie, hang on one second. Since I was talking about the Trump thing and this alleged Epstein, you know he's in the Epstein files. Maureen has stumbled upon a potential explanation for all this back and forth, calling it a staged fake wrestling match. Elon Musk puts the rumor out there that Trump is in the file somewhere and get the left to demand the release of the files. She says, the left are so stupid they will fall into the trap. Well, members of the left who aren't involved with Jeff Epstein may fall into that trap. But the quiet ones, those are the ones you're gonna want to be suspicious of, Maureene, Julie, welcome to the Morning Show. Thanks for calling it. Happy Friday to you.
Speaker 12: Happy Friday.
Speaker 18: I cannot believe you just played that song because I've made a comment on your show before that I love that song, and I know people are always like, yeah, I know it kind of sucks sometimes in the world, but I love when you play it. So that was a perfect segue right into my.
Speaker 11: Call say thank you.
Speaker 2: Oh you're welcome, but every Friday, I know you do.
Speaker 7: I love it.
Speaker 2: I know Iry Joe chimed in, and my head said, Julie, I have to interject because Joe played the song. He's like, he was like, yeah, I'm glad you played it. Thomas. Okay, Joe hit but thank you Joe. Go aheadlie.
Speaker 18: Well, interestingly, I know you said. Maureen just made that comment. So I was freaking out of course last night about all this, and I was serious in hearing what you know, Elon had tweeted, and of course obviously, you know, very concerned that it's true. But I'm sitting here. My husband's trying to bring me back to earth because I'm losing my mind. And he said, you know, here's the deal. The Democrats have been sitting on this information for how long? Wouldn't they have released this before the election.
Speaker 2: They didn't want Trump to.
Speaker 18: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So there's one Republican, one Republican after another, interviewed by the various news outlets, all saying that same chorus. Wait a second, you don't think Biden would have put this out at any given time to tarnish Donald Trump's reputation. Release the documents, you know, even if it's a leak document that isn't lawful for whatever reason, and I can't come up with one, Julie, But yeah, I think that is a true statement. Why wouldn't they have done it unless, of course there's nothing or there's more Democrats implicated in the release and that they know that that their day is going to come if Donald Trump's records are in a release and it has some connection with Elon Musk. There's a whole lot of other people that have involved with with I'm sorry, jeff Jeffrey Epstein. There's a whole lot of other people that hung out with Jeffrey Epstein who would also find themselves in the crosshairs.
Speaker 18: Absolutely, absolutely, so I think that's to come, and I hope that they can delve into that and get that released in the public. So so many people aren't you know, I've tried to jump to conclusions quickly. I just panic because I'm you know, always worried about what's going on. But I really pray to God that they do uh, you know, drift. It seems pretty extreme. It did happen quickly, But I do agree, you know, with with Elon. I'm we're all I think so many of us are a little bit disgusted with the bill because or a lot discussed, because obviously we need more cuts. But I'm not sure how much Trump can crashure with the rest of them. But that's got to be done. I don't know if that can be done in an addendum or something coming on.
Speaker 2: But well, but we need and this is this is Massey's problem, and it was, it's it's uh Ram Paul's problem. It's other centatives issue. Listen, we can cut now. The promise that you're going to cut in the future is a hollow one. There is no guarantee just because you say we'll wait for it, we'll do it down the road. We got to get this passed and ensrying these tax cuts permanently. Yeah, that's a good argument to try to do it. But hey, the cuts are paltry. We blow through an extra two trillion dollars a year. This thing cuts one point two trillion over ten years. Sorry, that's not enough. Julie, God bless you. Thank you so much for the club. Have a wonderful weekend. Eight fifty five afty five kre City Talk Station Tech Friday with Dave Hatter the Orwell Report. I just creeped out that TV is analyzing your emotions now at least some smart TV. That's one of three different things we talked about Todd Zenser in studio. The missing audit has been found, and there's nothing but craziness swirling around that city of Cincinnati is well in the same way the Musk files have been held from the public's view. So much information is not revealed by the elected officials as the council members and the mayor and the city of Cincinnati. Thank god for Todd Zinser. He's all over it, and you can hear the podcast and learn more plus donnish and information. I hope you enjoyed that this weekend. Have a fantastic weekend regardless of what you do. Thank you Joe Strecker for all you do, including playing song two this morning and of course Wonderful World by Joey Ramon. Folks, I hope you have a great weekend. Like I said, stick around. Glenbeck's coming right up. News happens fast, stay up to date. At the top of the hour, We're moving very quickly. Fifty five KRC the talk.
Speaker 4: Stay