Speaker 1: This is Dan Capless and Welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dankplas Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform.
Speaker 2: Sang on my phone.
Speaker 3: I don't some of you know this on the iPhone. They've got that little stock app. I added Tesla Tude to give me a little boost during the day two twenty five and dropping.
Speaker 2: And if you own one.
Speaker 3: If you own one, we're not blaming you. You can you can take dental floss and pull the Tesla thing off, you know, and take out of just telling you and well, this nation guy could kick most of their ass. I do that.
Speaker 4: I know I can't run them, but I don't know if.
Speaker 3: We're going to fall into that place where we want to. Okay, we challenge you to a do you know, a wwe fight here type of thing.
Speaker 5: Welcome to the Dan Caplis Show. We're starting off with something like that because the show can only go up from here. As you can tell you're not listening to Dan Capless and Self today, you have Sheriff Steve Riams filling in for a second day in a row here, but I just couldn't help but started to show off with such a low note with tampon Tim getting ready to take on all the Republicans. You know, I don't know if he's looking for volunteers to get into the ring with, but I'm more than happy to be the first on the agenda. Oh, I can't think of anything more that I would like to do than to wrestle or box tampon Tim. Make him use one of those to fix his bloody nose.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 6: Keep going with that. And also, if you remember the JD Vance Jim from the office side eye look during the debate and then the wide eyed look by Tim Walls, that would be the look he had when Sheriff Steve Reams is coming into the ring.
Speaker 5: I would love to see his wild hands trying to figure out how he's going to amaze me with everything he's going to do.
Speaker 6: There's gestures and waves and gallivanting.
Speaker 5: This guy has no tough guy status whatsoever, but he's trying to flex tough guy status. And look, you know, you either do or you don't. But he has to have a family around him that just looks at him. And says, yeah, you're a dad guy. Don't try to be the tough guy. Lean into that. Don't try to get into a boxing room. You're going to get your butt kicked.
Speaker 6: You're right, But you think about the family around him. Wasn't his wife Gwen the one that she doesn't blink and then she was just looking at the audience, going turn the page, turn the page. It was like a villain from a Stephen King movie or something.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, when Harris picked him as her vice presidential running mate, she used the same playbook that Biden did and said, who could I pick that would be worse than me? And she found him, I mean, the most awkward guy ever, and yeah, the most awkward family ever. I don't know. I kept thinking this guy would go away, but he keeps trying to be relevant.
Speaker 6: So you look at the diminishing returns of the domino effect you described their sheriff and Obama of course picked Biden for the reason you obsoluted. So then Biden picks Kamala for that reason, and then Kamala picks Walls for that reason. Where do you go from Walls aoc lower?
Speaker 5: I don't know. I think at some point you're picking like a bean bag or a trash bag or something. You know, sack up a Yeah, it's a mess, but hey, as long as they're in free fall, let's let him stay that way. And you know, hopefully the Democrats in Colorado will take a page out of that playbook and they'll they'll start pushing to those crazy far leftists to run for the highest office. And I didn't I don't think you can. I didn't think you could get much farther to the left than Jared Polis. But I have a feeling in this next election cycle we're going to see some we're going to see some weirdo's come out of the woodworks. But when we're talking about candidates for governor, you know, I'm worried about what's going to come from the left, but I'm pretty I'm pretty hopeful with what's going to come from the right. And uh here recently we had a candidate that announced that he was going to run for governor on the Republican side. He's a guy that I've known for a little bit of time. He's the sheriff in Teller County. His name is Jason mike Sel And we're going to start off the show with giving Jason Mikexel some time to kind of talk about why he's getting in the race and what he can bring to the state of Colorado. Jason, how you doing.
Speaker 4: I'm good, Steve, how are you doing today?
Speaker 5: I'm doing great. Hey, thanks for coming on the show. You know, like I said, I've known you for a long time. I think a lot of people in southern Colorado know you. Here. Recently, you've made a splash in the news taking on the ACLU and pushing some immigration bills at the state capitol that obviously took a fiery demise from the Democrats. But why don't you take just a few minutes to introduce yourself as a candidate and kind of give your background a little bit so that we can get to know you and so the listeners can get to know you.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Absolutely so.
Speaker 4: My name is Jason Mike sol I'm a third generation Colorado and I grew up in the car Springs area, born in car Springs. I'll tell you, I love Colorado. I grew up here and I remember running the woods and just being a part of everything that had to be Colorado at the time, just the freedoms that we were given. And you know, I've been in law enforcement almost thirty years now. I left law enforcement, retired for a short time, started my own companies. I've had both big companies that I've had to scale and I've had small companies now that I wanted to create an environment within my own county that they have people had places to go, and so I and my wife actually invested back into our local community. And really, I love business and I love all the things to do that, and I love being a sheriff and protecting a community and just being part of that community. And really, Colorado is home and it is my community all across Sport everywhere I go, and I meet such great sheriffs and people. So that's one of the reasons I wanted to run, and really I want and we have a tagline, so it's I want my Colorado back, and I truly do. But I want it back for our children, and I want it back for the freedoms that they should be able to get. And I want young people to be able to buy homes and go to state parks and not have to pay all these crazy fees and be able to drive down a highway and Colorado do not have to pay a toll just because so hunting fishing has been a big part of my life also and really enjoying our outdoors, and it's really coming under fire lately. And I just finally woke up with more and said, you know, it's time to stand up and just do the right thing. And knowing that I was going to get blasted by the Democratic side, a very leftist Democrat side, but I think there's a large part of Colorado that just really wanted to be a Colorado where you can be free and enjoy what we have here in the states.
Speaker 5: All those things are I think things that resonate with a lot of the voters here in Colorado. And to make things clear, you're going to be running on the Republican side. I don't think there's any doubt about that. But just for the listener's sake, where do you see your pathway to winning? I mean, what's the message that you have that no one else does? Well?
Speaker 4: I think leadership, clear leadership. We haven't really had a clear leader in Colorado in a mayor position, are in a governor position for a very long time. And here's the thing I have dealt with large Colorado wildfires. I've dealt with mine incidences within my own county that have been the international incidences. You know, you steal so many things as a and Colorado when it deals with leadership and making decisions, and I think, you know, that's that's something you can't teach. It's something that you have to have that badge of ownership and have earned. And the other side owning businesses and understanding, you know, how you treat employees, how you deal with things, and how you grow companies because Colorado has really got to grow, right, We've we've got a lot of crisises within Colorado budget crisises. You know, we're one three one point three billion dollars shortfall for the year, and in any business they would fire.
Speaker 7: The leadership for doing that.
Speaker 5: Sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So you know, there's so many different things steve that that really I think is a path to win in this state. And a lot of it has to do with our crisis in law enforcement, our mental health, the fact that we're just taking tax payer money and throwing it out the door and we're given it to people that have come here undocumented and illegally into the state. That that's an issue.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we have Jason Michael on the line as candidate for governor, Republican candidate for governor, just giving us a little bit of his background and his reasoning for getting into the governor's race. You hinted to it just a little bit about, you know, kind of the attack on law enforcement or the general tone towards law enforcement. You know, you've you've been a sheriff for what six years? Eight years somewhere in there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, what have you seen that?
Speaker 5: What have you seen that the tone change in your time of not just as sheriff, but in law enforcement in general. And where do you think that takes the state of Colorado in general?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 6: Where to start?
Speaker 4: I mean, you know, I remember back in the day law enforcement was able to do what was needed to protect the citizens. I look at it now and I go, you have a group like the ACLU that's firing off letters to sheriffs basically saying they're going to go after deputies who they believe are doing the wrong things. You've got more lawsuits that are happening towards law enforcement because current legislation is opening the door for that. You have a state legislature that's reducing laws in Colorado, like we're dealing with one today. I have people testifying on which is extreme indifference. So if somebody shoots in your house as they drive by, or temps skill a law enforcement officer but they miss, they're going to reduce that from a Class two felony down to a classify phony so that those people can be released on parole. Sure, we're shutting down prisons at a record pace and then we're releasing them back into parle which then go after communities. And I hear a lot of issues about well, you know, the single moms and the mothers are trying to buy eggs because the cost of groceries. Don't totally get that. But when they go back to their car and their car has been broken into, it doesn't help there either.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think there's a lot of issues I've seen that far are far beyond the pale. And problem is not going to get any better. With the candidates on seeing that are running and the lack of understanding of what the second order of impacts are when they produce these laws, it's just going to get worse.
Speaker 5: Absolutely. So you hinted a little issue about the ACLU. We're going to take a break, if you'll stand by with us through the break. When we come back, I want to open up with kind of your battles with the ACL you I've had my own. We can commiserate over that just a little bit. But we'll go to break, hang out with us, Jason, and as soon as we come back, we'll dive right back in. You're listening to the Dan Caplis Show and you have Sheriff Steve Reims as guest host.
Speaker 2: And now back to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Welcome back to the Dan Caplis Show. You got Sheriff Steve Reims setting in for day number two. Real pleasure to be here filling in for Dan. Like I said yesterday, he's a person I love to listen to. He and Ryan both big fan and it's just really cool to be sitting in the seat today. But when we went to break, we were talking with with Sheriff Jason mike Sel from Tuller County who's announced that he's a candidate for governor, And before we went to break, he was talking a little bit about some of the issues he's faced as sheriff, and I know one of those is dealing with the ACLU which I like to call the Alien Civil Liberties Unit, Unit Union, whatever you want to call him. They certainly don't represent Americans too much anymore. And I know Jason had quite a run in with him. So Jason, let's come back with how did you end up dealing with the ACLU and what was the issue that you were fighting to push for your agency?
Speaker 4: Well, really it started like two days after I became a sheriff. I had the first call from the ACA you basically killing me. Hey, listen, are you going to get on board like other shriffs? So I started calling around to find out what had happened. And what they're wanting me to do is sign a letter saying that I would not detain, I would not arrest, I would not assist ice in any operations. And part of the problem that I ran into was that when we had the black market marijuana epidemic that was running, and we had lots of cartels in my county because they just grow marijuana, and every time I ran into one of these places, we were dealing with criminal, illegal aliens, And really that was driving a lot of the FEN and a lot of sexual traffic and a lot of issues in the Colorado and into my area as well. So when we started arresting these folks for doing crimes in Colorado, we started contacting ICE. Well, when I was doing the detentions on these people the Aco, you became very unhappy because they wanted me to basically bond them and release them and not contact ICE. But when I start talking to ICE, some of these people were, you know, they're pretty nasty criminals. They had criminalistories from everywhere.
Speaker 5: That's shocking they don't.
Speaker 4: It was just shocking to me and I went, why would I want to release this person back in my community right? And really what they try to do is they didn't even call around the restaurants in different areas in my county to find out how I treated, you know, Hispanic population or other populations. And what they got back from people is they liked me. And there was this false narrative push constantly, and we were winning in court with them. We were running willing in the legislatures because they weren't able to get their bills across. And even when we had the appeals court decision that said, hey, the sheriff can't arrest people, they still upheld that I could actually still having a two eighty seven G program with ICE, and that we could still go and work with ICE, and that prior to that, they'd put out a letter saying that, you know, I had lost the case, and they knew I couldn't say anything because we're right in the middle of it. Yeah, you have the letter, and it shocked me because they knew I couldn't say anything. So when it finally ended, I put out a statement, Hey, you know we're still standing. We won because we did and I'm still doing the two eighty seven G program. But what they really did was they pushed this far false narrative that I was out to get every illegal immigrant in Colorado and that wasn't the case. And actually, I've been to so many countries and illegal immigrants or immigration isn't a bad thing. You want people to come here, you want them to work, you want them to enjoy it with just want them to do it the right way. And what the Aco you really doesn't like is that we arrested someone not very long ago who was a criminal illegal alien. The person that makes the arrest is from another country here on a work visa, working for me, and he makes the arrest. The person does a two eighty seven G program, came to America, ended up getting their work visas, getting their American citizenship. They got to swear under oath to be an American citizen in my uniform. And they're the ones I sent the two eighty seven G program, and they're the ones that did the two eighty seven G program. So it's hard for them to argue with me that I hate immigrants, but I just wanted to do right dealing with this criminal illegal aliens.
Speaker 5: So Jason from that, I think that kind of puts you in the action of trying to push Senateville forty seven that we saw die a fiery death this legislative season, but it wasn't without remark and if you would kind of form the listeners about what Senate Bill forty seven was aiming at doing.
Speaker 4: Well, some of Bill zero forty seven basically it went after dealing with criminal illegal aliens only, and we even talked about the fact that we wouldn't be able to do stop and ask for papers, We wouldn't be able to, you know, just arrest people because they're Hispanic, we wouldn't be able to do round up operations. But what it did say is that we could work with ICE. It allowed the State of Colorado actually to speak with ICE about people that incarcerated in jails and allow us to jail people for ICE so that that we could house more criminal illegal aliens in the state of Colorado. And that bill, which really had a horrible death because it was party line vote. Again, weird people testifying against it that really didn't even know what the bill said. Their whole testimony was, well, you're going to do round up operations. Well, it says in the bill you can, and on and on and on and on, and it just it was amazing to me that we want criminal illegal aliens. And you know, Steve, I didn't know if you know this, but Colorado actually had a bill it passed two years ago that funds legal operations for illegal aliens. Yes, to fight these things. Yeah, yeah, we have our taxpayer dollars are doing that.
Speaker 5: We have a taxpayer funded organization or taxpayer fund that helps defend illegals from the deportation process. It's it's absurd, it's obscene, but that's what the State of Colorado is. And in a narrative in this where we're seeing you know, apartment complexes being taken over, which by the way, actually happened, despite the mainstream media trying to tell everybody that it didn't. You come forward with a common sense bill. You you found some sponsors down at the state House said look, we're just trying to get rid of the bad ones. Let us do our job, and they killed it on a party line vote. I mean, if it died a very fiery death, but it wasn't without note. I mean, you know, sometimes message bills are exactly that, and I think you delivered a loud message.
Speaker 4: Well I appreciate it, Steve, just I tell you that was a tough road.
Speaker 5: Well, we're talking with Sheriff Jason Michel from Teller County. He's a candidate for governor here in the state of Colorado or Colorado on the Republican side. We got just a few minutes left, Jason, if you want to take it, you know, this last minute and a half and kind of explain to the listener where they can find more about you, some of your key points for your campaign, and if they want to support you, how they can do so the best.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Absolutely so.
Speaker 4: I have a campaign platform. It's on It's a web page. You can go to Mike School. It's m I K, E, S E L L or gov the number four gov dot com. All my platforms are there. It has all the information that you need. You can make donations there. You can actually ask to help us on that site. So if you would just go to it, you can see everything you have and I can answer any questions you may have for it.
Speaker 5: Well, that's that's a good start. I got one question. Are the roads in Tyler County and Colorado Springs as bad down there as they are everywhere else in the state.
Speaker 4: I'd say our roads are atrocious. It's it's a travesy. I come from other states. I'll drive in the state of Colorado when I'm when I'm out visiting family and friends, and you know, when you cross into Colorado there's no missing.
Speaker 5: I just have to say, if any if any one pillar of your campaign can be fixing the roads, please add that in. Jason, we really appreciate you coming on the show. You know, it's great having a candidate jump in. I'm sure there'll be some more on the radio show before too long. But again thanks to Jason Michel from Teller County for getting on with the Dan Kapla show. You have Steve Raims his guest host.
Speaker 2: Thank you you're listening to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast.
Speaker 5: Welcome back to the Dan Caples Show. You're here with Steve Raims, Weld County Sheriff as the guest host today. And before we get to the next guest, I just want to throw out a couple of numbers here. If you want to call into the show, it's three oh three seven one three eight two five five or the text line start your text with Dan at five seven, seven thirty nine. Our next guest is Ty Winter. And if you were paying attention to the song that Ryan played, that should have been a prelude. But Ty Winter is the state rep from HD forty seven. He's also the assistant Minority leader. But I knew him first as the Las Animus County GOP chair, and quite honestly, he represented what I believe is the polar opposite of a guy like Tampon Tim who we led to show with. Ty Winter is a true rock star. He's a solid guy for the Republicans and I'm glad to have him on the line.
Speaker 4: Ty, how you doing good, Sheriff?
Speaker 7: It great to be with you. And thank you for all the compliments, and right back at you, sir, I appreciate what you do for Wild County in the state of Colorado, and it's an honor to be on with you today.
Speaker 5: Well, we have a chance to get to know each other during the Red Flag saga, and you invited me down to speak to your GOP group down there, and I was blown away with the amount of turnout that you produced down there in the southern part of Colorado. You had a following, and I'm sure you're continuing to foster that today with your work down at the State House. But I won't eat up too much time sending praises your way. You've earned all those. As the assistant Minority leader, you've kind of got a little bigger burden to carry down there, and I know you're pushing a bill that I think is good for all of Colorado. That's House Bill twenty. Tell us about that.
Speaker 7: Bill, Yes, sir, it's really exciting. I mean, it's important in some ways. It doesn't do a whole lot in some ways, but I think it's huge first and foremost, as we see our oil and gas industry being killed here at the state Capitol. That's unfortunate. But at the end of the day, we know the wind and solar aren't going to be the only things that power this state. We need base load power and we just aren't going to get it with intermittent power. So myself and Representative Eldez out of Denver, we ran House Bill ten forty. And what that does is that first and foremost, it brings federal language and state language together. It takes nuclear energy out of green energy and puts it in clean That's the first part of the bill. But the most important part of the bill is it it's going to replace that severage tax that we've lost through oil and gas. And you know, these small modular reactors and these microreactors, the technology is unbelievable. Uses left land a lot less water, and I think that you know, unfortunately the end date that the Colorado Democrats have set on oil and gaps in this state. This is our only next true step to being able to power Colorado.
Speaker 5: And where do you see that bill going? Is it gonna Is it going to get the support it needs or are we gonna Are we gonna see nuclear energy welcomed into the state of Colorado.
Speaker 7: It's on the governor's desks, or made it out of the House, that made it out on the Senate. We're just waiting for it to be signed.
Speaker 5: Do you mean a bill with bipartisan support made it to the governor's desk? Say it's not.
Speaker 7: So it did start, and it's exciting. You know, we had myself and Ret Valdez here in the House, and we had Senator Robertson Senator Listing over in the Senate, and it's an exciting new day for Colorado. And you know, basically what this is is a conversation. This is the cornerstone to foundation. This opens up talks and then hopefully they still get people excited and investors excited to come in and you know, have these conversations and see what communities actually want these in their community and hopefully we get some build outs started.
Speaker 5: Well, I got to tell you it's good to have just a little bit of positive news. Even if this isn't you know, seeing nuclear energy start tomorrow, at least it's a pathway to a future here in Colorado. We know energy demands are going to continue to go up, and at least you're creating that pathway. So we went from talking to the good and you know, we got to shift gears a little bit. Let's talk about the bad, which I'm sure there's a lot of it down there. What's the bill that you've seen just be the worst mess? I'm guessing Senate Bill three, but maybe you've got a different.
Speaker 7: One, you know, sir, when it comes to you know, constitutional rights, by far, Senate Bill three is the biggest mess that we face. I mean, we could be on here for the next forty eight hours to try to pick out every bad bill that rolls through the Yeah. No, kid, to be honest with you, there's a there's a ton of bad legislation.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 7: Actually, I don't know if you saw what happened in Pueblo. Chief Noler just did a press conference that three officers were shot in Pueblo last night. Yeah, and you know somebody that had, you know, been a career criminal basically. So we see a lot of anti law enforcement, soft on crime legislation. You and I both know that, you know, we believe if you commit a crime, you should be punished for it. I know you strike the same vein so all the anti law enforcements, soft on crime legislation is bad. But I would have to say Senate Bill three is probably the most egregious attack on our amendments in this building by far since I've been here.
Speaker 5: What's the tone been like as that bill has traveled through the House and the Senate. Yeah, I know, you said on at least one of the committees that heard that bill, what was the testimony like, what was the back and forth like between the Republicans and Democrats?
Speaker 7: You know, basically it's what you could expect, sir. You know, you have Republicans fighting for constitutional rights, fighting for life, basically the ability to protect protect life, liberty, and property. We see the crime issues and we understand how you know important the Second Amendment is. You know, like Colonel Colt said, you know, God made man that Colonel Colt made them all equal, and that's huge. I think that's really big. So, you know, it was a big fight in the Senate, and my roommate, Senator Palton, him and Byron Pealton fought it really hard. The Senate committee and of course the Senate Republicans gave it a pretty good beating on the floor. It's been amended a million times, right, you real.
Speaker 5: Completely changed a couple of times really.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's to make it palatable for the governor. That's the talk in the building. You know. I think that the far left Dems would have pushed it through the way it originally was, but I think they knew the only way that the governor would think about even signing it is with these amendments. That way, you know, he could, you know, make it palatable for himself. So right now we heard it in committee, then we have it in finance. That was on Friday, and the rumor is is that I'm pretty sure it's scheduled for Friday, this Friday on the House floor. You know, we'll gabble in and you know we're going to go to work on this thing.
Speaker 5: Well, it's got to have a huge appropriation tag to it, our fiscal note, I would think. And with the state legislature being so up down, upside down for the state budget, do you think there's any chance that that kills the bill or are we just going to have to see if this goes to the governor's desk and we can talk him out of signing it.
Speaker 7: I think it's going to make the governor's death or he housed it in CPW, you know, he's put a ton of responsibility back on the sheriffs testified. I said, it was unenforceable. Now you guys are going to be hit with an you know, unfunded mandate, which then you're going to have to hit your folks with is another unfunded mandate. But some of the huge things that you know, we listen to a lot of people testify, and I learned, you know, we usually hear you know, Second Amendment arguments, constitutional, you know, come and take it, but the arguments were so much different this time, Sheriff. I mean, we had folks talk about how gun rights or civil rights, how are people with learning disabilities, how's this going to limit their assets of firearms? The financial barriers. This is almost creating a class system where the rich will have guns and the poor won't. It's just disgusting. I mean, we've talked about we talked about source causes, whether it be mental health or lack of morality and family values. Like I said, we heard from the sheriffs who were totally ignored and then can CEPW do the job in a timely fashion? And I think the one thing that we've learned about this, sir, is that it's death by a thousand cuts. They want to skirt up against the Second Amendment because they.
Speaker 4: Know effectually, through serious.
Speaker 7: Legislation, they can't kill it, so they just keep making They put putting paywalls and roadblocks and death by a thousand cuts. So you know, it's just hard to see this play out with anti gun bill after anti gun bill.
Speaker 5: It seems like every session that you know, they stack one on top of the other. You already have a three day waiting period, you already have a background check when you go to buy a gun. Now you're going to have a class and a certificate, another background check, I mean your card that you have to carry so you can buy a gun. I mean, it just it gets to the point where it's it's utter ridiculousness. And all the while, do criminals follow any of that?
Speaker 7: No, sir, no, sir, such a such a yeah, no, no, no, they don't care about it. This was just disarm law biting citizens. And what makes it even more disgusted than anything because they're taking a god given, unalienable right and creating and making it a government privilege. And that should scare every American because we know when we lose the second the first isn't far behind.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, Ty, you can have said it better. Hey, we really appreciate the work that you're doing down there. You've been a fighter, you've been a yeoman down at the state Capitol. I hope you stay down there for as long as they'll have you. Maybe there's a Senate run in your future. Like I said, I think you are truly one of those guys that represents the future of this party. You are a hard working dude, and I've seen it from before you made it to the State House. I mean, you set your county up to foster success amongst the Republican Party and I couldn't be prouder to know you.
Speaker 7: Same here, Shirp. I appreciate you, my Brotherren. You know, most importantly, let's fix this state in God bless America.
Speaker 5: Thanks for being with us, Ty, and we're going to cut to break. You're listening to The Dan Kaplas Show with Steve Reims as guest host.
Speaker 2: And now back to the Dan Kaplas Show podcast.
Speaker 5: If you're listening to the Dan Kaplas Show, have Steve Reams, the Well County Sheriff filling in for day number two for Dan and you know We've had some guests on already. We had Jason Mike sel Teller kind of sheriff. He was the he's running for a Republican governor seat. And Ty Winter, the HD forty seven rep and assistant minority leader, kind of talking about you know, what's going on down to the State House and if there are any wins, you know, what do they look like? And we know they're thin, but at least we got a few guys fighting for us. So yesterday after the show, I got a couple of text messages and messages through Facebook, and one that I couldn't ignore was is there anything good that came from the police reform movement in twenty nineteen, twenty twenty twenty twenty one. Was there any one good thing that surfaced? And I had to scratch my brain a little bit. Send it Bill two seventeen, House Built twelve twelve fifty, or the two bills that come to mind most. But there is one positive that I think has come out of that legislation, and it's a little thing called the post Portal. And for those of you that are interested in knowing, you know, good cops versus bad cops, which is very important to me, especially if we're potentially hiring a new person. Anybody in Colorado can can do a Google search to the Colorado Post Portal and you do a little do a little deep dive, and it doesn't take much, but you can get to a page that will show you you can find I think it's tad to here, find action on individual officers, and you can just start scrolling through officers that have been placed on the on the i'll say bad cop list, and it goes by most recent to you know, most I guess most historical, and I couldn't help. But when I logged in today and I was kind of looking at the looking at the page, I noticed there were two Department of Corrections folks that have been put on that screen. And it's the first time I've seen anyone from DC in there for a very long time. And it looks like they're both put on there for forgery, which I'm assuming that has something to do with training records. But I say that because initially this post Portal and Senate Bill two seventeen wasn't going to apply to anything other than county officers and local officers, and we actually the rest of us kind of fought and said, now this needs to be equally applied. You know, you can have bad cops anywhere, and to see those two doc officers on there was a little shocking. I think one of them, if memory serves me right, was connected to Evan Ebel as the parole officer when the former Director of Prisons, Tom Clements was killed by that individual. So a lot of ties there. I hope that someone does a deeper dive into why those two people appeared on the post portal. As a law enforcement officer, I want to make sure we get rid of bad cops, and hopefully someone will dig into those names. I obviously don't have the time to do that today, but as we're going through kind of what the tone of the day is, you know, we had a governor's candidate on here. I'm sure a lot of you have an opinion about who could run for governor in the state of Colorado. And when I happen to have an opinion, I'd love to hear your ideas of who you think run for governor here in Colorado. And let's stick to the Republican side. I don't care about the Democrat side, but if there is anyone on the Republican side that could win. Who would it be? You can text in at five seven seven three nine, or you can call in at three o three seven one three eight two five five. I happen to think Dan Kaplis would make a great candidate, but I think he probably thinks I have a hit injury like I described him as having when he gave me opportunity to take this show over. But I think Dan would be a great candidate for a statewide race, whether that was governor Senate, whatever that may be. I mean, he's got quite a broad background and a definite name recognition and good listenership.
Speaker 3: So why not.
Speaker 5: You know, you can get with me if you want and help try to push Dan into the political arena. But I'm sure he's going to tell me to kiss off.
Speaker 6: On your behalf and also suffering from a head injury myself. Who would you rather want litigating the case in literal terms right for our party, for our point of view, oh than Dan Caplis. I mean, there is no stronger advocate for the truth and for what we stand for here on this platform, on this show.
Speaker 5: I think Dan does a great job of you know, if he's if he doesn't agree with someone on a particular topic, he defends his stance and he lets you have your piece, and you know, we agree to disagree and move on. And there's plenty of things that Dan and I probably don't see eye to eye on, but I can respect him because I know where he stands, and I think that's important in a candidate. But you know, I'd love to hear what other people think. If it's Dan Caplis or if it's whomever. You know, we got to find that person to hold up and say this is this is our guy to get behind. You know, I've heard all kinds of names coming out of the woodworks, and you know, Jason Michael may be the guy too. I think time will tell is as competition, you know, makes men stronger, makes women stronger.
Speaker 8: And we're going yes, I did broach this subject with one mister Dan Caplis.
Speaker 5: Oh boy, what's the answer, And.
Speaker 8: He basically said, wow, little girl, you have a very interesting imagination.
Speaker 5: Well you know that's coming from you, though, Kelly. I mean he's not wrong, am I right?
Speaker 6: I about her imagination? Well, all of those things, all of those things that's true.
Speaker 5: So here on the text, while you know, we started out with tampon Tim's comments, and somebody says, hey, I find Tim Wall's extremely creepy. He really gives me super icky vibes. There's nothing, there's nothing, there's something wrong with him that I think. That's pretty on point. And then a carryover from your show, it says Dan Steve Ryan, a little nauseating to hear Richard Holdtorf on Ryan's show channeling his inner h W. Bush with kinder gentler pablum. It looks weak, it sounds weak. And if Trump has shown anything, it's that smash mouth Conservatism wins and limp wristed Republicanism is a loser. But some folks will never learn, Like I've never thought of Richard Holdtorf as being a quiet man. No, no, you know that's this one tech opinion. There's a lot of things that Richard Holdtorf and I don't agree on, but I if that was the kinder gentler Richard Holdtorf that you had on, I guess I missed.
Speaker 6: It well, maybe by his standard, but I think the Texter's right on one point, and that is, you know, taking the action to the opponent the way that Jamie Vance has learned to do, I think under the tutelage of Donald Trump and then also governor around De Santa same thing. I mean, he went from a razor thin winning margin in his first gubernatorial race to a twenty point margin in his run for reelections. So I think there's something to be learned from that as well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, I think this it's good to have a strong opinion. I think it's good to take on the you know, take on the naysayers. And you know, Richard Holdtorf is never back down from too many fights. I don't know what the pathway is to becoming the GOP chairman, and I think he's trying to figure that out. So time will tell. We go down to the state the state reorganization meeting on the twenty ninth, and it should be a bloodbath. So we're going to see how that goes. In the next hour, we're gonna have several more guests on. We'll start off with Senator Byron Pelton in the next hour. Right now, you're listening to The Dan Kapla Show with Steve Raims as your guest host or World Kenny Sheriff