Speaker 1: Is Michael Garfier. Michael Garfield.
Speaker 2: Michael Garfield's joining.
Speaker 3: In the high Tech Texan.
Speaker 2: Michael Garfield is here with a high tech Texan. ITMS to make life easier new technology.
Speaker 3: So Michael Garfield has something you might like.
Speaker 4: Texans.
Speaker 1: Michael Garfield is your high tech Texan. Three decades helping you make magic with your gadgets. Heard worldwide on the iHeartRadio Act. Now your high tech Texan. Michael Garfield.
Speaker 2: Let's start the show with the trin questions this week, this weekend as we do the show live or losbly love the last Saturday of November, particularly this year it is Black Friday, it is almost Cyber Monday. Football, football, football, turkey, whatever you're eating, you got family, greatest weekend of the year. Yes or no, Yes or no. It's an interactive show and that's how we're starting off. Three four, six, twenty nine texts and that's the phone number, no matter where you're listening around the world, because the last I checked, Yeah, pretty much, long distance is not a thing. Everything is so close you don't have to pay for it, especially on weekends. You get free minutes. Right, that's old school stuff. Michael Garfield. This is what we're doing. It's called the High Tech Textan Show. And if you're a new listener, especially at our new affiliate in San Antonio, shout out to wo AI Big Blowtorch in Central Texas. Glad to have you along for the ride. Trust me, we've been doing this quite a while. It's Houston specifically for well over twenty years. We have some fun. I guarantee not to bore you. If you think this is just going to be a tech show and I'm going to fix your computer, you get give me, give me sixty minutes. That's all I want, people, because I will low you away going, hey, well, this guy's not boring. He's got a little energy. I just woke up for probably what is it about a thirty six hour nap after the turkey? How did you cook your turkey? I'm sitting here looking at Caln. By the way, A name will be hearing me say a lot. Callum is his name. Callum is the wonderful dude. I'm gonna call you a kid, Callum because you're a little generation removed from me. He's the gentleman with the very long hair, which I like. Man, I'm not making fun of it. Behind the glass, who is picking up the phone calls, making sure the voice quality sounds well and keeping me on time. Calum, did you turkey? Turkey? Okay? I like doing the home stuff myself and I for the first time, and you get, folks, this is give you a little inside baseball. Some of the things that I also play with and test and recommend are outdoor grilling, kitchen gadgets and what have you. And I have long had a Kamada type of smoker outside. Maybe it's a I have a kammana Joe. I've had the big green egg I've got. I played for the first time with a pellet grill. I did a turkey on the Pella grill, and I might say I may give up this media gig. I may open a restaurant. Man. I'd tell you it is one of the easiest things to do, is a Pellic grill, because they're incredibly technology enabled. I mean, there's an app. I hit a button, I try to downloaded the app. It's it's I'm upstairs and I'm watching my Cowboys and I'm snacking and I'm drinking and I'm looking at my app. Going all right, make sure you pull the Turkey off from Team Minud's fifty five minutes. Because this is the internal temperature. Man, it's it's almost foolproof. And so, by the way, if anybody cares the brand Eye not endorsement, but the brand I I used. A very nice company wanted me to test it out. It's called brisk It love the name risk it it two words brisket It and what is it about the four or five hundred dollars or so then you get the pelic grows really nice for an outdoor, cool Texas atmosphere like we have now. So happy Black Friday. I hope it is well or was well. Actually, by the time you're listening to this, did you survive? Did you do you expect? Amazon? It may be already today, if not tomorrow or Cyber Monday, you're gonna get a lot of Amazon packages. Don't cry because you missed a good deal, because I'm gonna let you in on a secret. The National Retail Foundation, the NRF, which is the trade association for stores, retail stores offline and online too. They're not in the mood to let these stores make you mad because there will be more sales. There will be this Monday of what the National Retail Foundation themselves coined twenty years ago, cyber Monday. It was there. I'll tell you, you know what, a little trivia later in the show. I'll tell you where the term cyber Monday coming comes from, when the National Retail Foundation created it. It's actually smart what they did, and it's kind of pretty cute how they named it cyber Monday. I'll tell you about that. Whatever they come up with next. I am not kidding you. I heard the term, and somebody google this for me to make sure is it right or not? I heard Tuesday. It's called travel Tuesday, not because people are traveling. I think travel companies may start releasing some of their bigger holiday sales on Tuesday. Okay, so it's we got witching Wednesday or something. I see where they're going with the alliteration on travel Tuesday. But it's a little different than Black Friday Cyber Monday. Bottom line is we've got three weeks ish or so until Santa comes down the chimney until Hanakah Harry, which I believe starts on the same night Hannikh is very late this year. At Kwanza. Whatever you celebrate, great for you, and I hope if you do celebrate with gifts, I hope you get what you want and I hope it gives you just the gift that keeps on giving year round. Clark that it does, Edward that it does. It's whatever you I am. Hopefully I will help you. I do have some ideas that could give you the ideas of gift to give year round. And that's what I'm here for. If you're purchased something, if you're thinking about purchasing something in the next twenty four hours to three weeks, help me a little email Michael Garfield at iHeartMedia dot com. We're monitoring that and Callum is over here. Hopefully you go do a trip to fat on the Turkey Buddy three four six twenty nine text and I'll start with this. I'll start with the Black Friday Cyber Monday deal that I like. And again I'm telling you right now. Nothing I'm about to tell you right now is an endorsement. This is things that I saw. I don't get paid. I'm a content guy. I thought I thought these were kind of cool streaming people are streaming. I also am the guy who warns you you probably have too many streaming services. Do you really need Disney and Netflix and Hulu and Amazon and whatever in max is anti ESPN plus whatever you have, take, take a stock what you have, save yourself some money. If you don't watch it in a regular basis, kill it, delete it. However, should you be in the mood to get one, should you be in the mood to gifting. Don't forget it's kind of cool to gift a streaming subscription for people who don't have it. I saw a deal from Hulu. Hulu has a deal and you gotta hop on it because I think it ends December second, So you got shit. Gosh, just a few days ninety nine cents a month for an entire year, that's about ninety percent per month for a year, savings ninety nine cents a month. You're look at it, about twelve bones a year. People now, listen, You're gonna get advertisements, which is fine. We love ads because that's how radio works, and that's how over the year TV works. Ninety nine cents a month Hulu. If you're not familiar, it is owned a lot by Disney. At ABC. You're gonna get ABC TV shows, TV shows, I think NBC TV shows. You're gonna get some first run stuff too. I'm a big fan of what is it only Murders in the building that starts in that Arizon. Hulu too, ninety nine cents a month. That's not bad if you want another streamer. I also did see a deal on Peacock. Peacock owned by Comcast Slash NPC. Peacock is twenty dollars a year, I saw, and that's about seventy five percent off which you're gonna get. And I'll tell you what. Peacock did a great job of doing the Olympics this past year because they had so many different sub channels. Peacock also last year had an NFL football game. I don't know if they have one this year. But Peacock some movies and whatever you want. Twenty bucks a year. Tough to beat that should you be looking for a streamer now. Word of warning, as we get to commercial, there's an asterisk there. If you don't unsubscribe the following year, it's gonna go up to the regular price. Set a calendar, reminder, whatever, and then cancel it if you don't want it. But ninety nine cents a month for Hulu, twenty bucks a year for peacock. Not that bad, all right, we'll get into that. I'm gonna take your phone calls after this to see what's going on. Three four six twenty nine Texans stand by. We got a lot of fun stuff it's going on. If I don't fall asleep. Happy Thanksgiving people, We're back to it. Michael Garfield is the name. We appreciate you duding in a happy Black Friday cyber Monday weekend. Should you be listening these last few days of November twenty twenty four, I'll give you the phone number three four six twenty nine textan. It's that simple. Wherever you're listening to, whether terrestrially in Houston, San Antonio, we do think the New San Antonio listeners, or you get downloaded iHeartRadio. It's a free app. And when I started this twenty three years ago, there was actually there was no such thing as an app. The only app there was there was an appetizer. Do you want a little salad? You maybe a little shrimp cocktail. Apps are a totally different thing. Right now, having some fun with some folks, and you got questions, and if you've got questions, I'd like to think I have some answers or steer you in the right direction. So how about this, let's go to the phones you've got mail.
Speaker 4: Hi, Michael, my name is Robin, and I have a question regarding cellular or five G home Internet. I moved to that because it was cheaper, but I have a heck of a time with the signal, Like I'm not that far from a cell tower, but it goes out more than when I used to have table, and I'm wondering, you know, I don't need a stronger router to send it through the house. I need to strengthen the signal that I get from the tower. Is that possible and economically? So I really appreciate your opinions.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Yes, Robin the inevitable. How do I improve my signal in my house? Man, I'll tell you what I did is almost as long as I have been doing the show. That is one of the most frequent questions, actually the most frequent question I got. It's just for FYI, as Michael. Number one is that your real hair. Answer is yes, And number two is what do I do with my old phone? Should I give it to my kids? Should give it to my spouse? Number three is how do I improve my signal. You know, I used to you know, I used to be cute, maybe a little snarky back of the day, because you know, I used to say, you know, listen, the only really way to improve your cell signal on your home. Move That really didn't work. It didn't fly through well with my listeners. And so there has been some technology to actually help you improve your signal. Now. Robin's specific question was, and she I love it, Robin, it was I really appreciate that. You were very great, and in specific, he drilled it down. You said, it's not so much of the router and throwing the signal around your house. It's getting the cell signal to your house. And that is specific because there are different answers for that, and you know, number one for a lot of people. And I'm going to answer the question you really didn't ask is, well, gosh, you know, certain parts of my house I get bad Wi Fi. I get zero reception, and that really is due to what carrier you're on, be it you know, Verizon or AT and T or Total Wireless or whatever, and how close or how far the antenna is away from where you're standing at you know, listen in a lot of buildings that are built with concrete and steel. It's tough for cell phone signals to get through there. And it's the same where cell signals and even Wi Fi signals. The more signals have to go through versus thin air, you know, if they have to go through walls, if they have to go upstairs and downstairs and through concrete and through bricks, it degrades the signal. And so you want to get as close to the router as possible when it comes to Wi Fi. And to answer your question, Robin, as we get to you want to get to the cell tower as close as you can't in a perfect world, but listen to you can only get so close when you're if you're housing on wheels, if you're not at an RV park, your house ain't going to get closer to a cell phone tower. Now, you'd like to think that the cell phone come but he may build a closer tower to you. But the first thing is you potentially want to move that router to another place in your house, closer to an outdoor window, closer to the side of your home that is facing or nearest the cell phone tower. Now to be a question, let me explain what Robin was talking about. She has a five G home Internet gateway, and so what it is is she is providing internet in her home, not through typical cable that cost an arm in a leg. She is not doing the satellite stuff. She is using a relatively new type of service that a number of companies offers, and I know specifically Verizon offers it. Actually, I go to Total Wireless and I have one in my home. I use the Total Wireless five G Home Internet which actually uses the Verizon signal. It's a router that you purchase and you plug it in for electricity. That's it. You do not have to plug in anything else, obviously, as there's no cable. What it does it acts like its own cell phone and think of think of a hot spot. It is pulling down cell signals from a cell tower. This router is then throwing that signal out as a Wi Fi signal to your home. To Robin's point, it is cheaper you can get that router. I think you purchase the router for a hundred and fifty dollars and then you pay just a fraction of the cost for cable, and that's it. You are set to go and more and more people are doing it obviously to cut the cord cut cost. You actually can move that almost anywhere you want to. I remember one of my relatives lives about five six miles away from me. During a flood or something, he lost electricity, and so what happened was is I just unplugged mine. I took it to his house, plugged it in, waited to boot up three minutes. He was using bit the router. It works as long as you have electricity to plug it in. I mean technically you can use it in your car if you plug it in. So it's really smart to that fact. Robin. To answer your question, this is a long winded answer, and I apologize, but I just want to explain how I, you know, can explain to people across the board, whether they're asking for this specifically or not, there is a way to improve this signal between the cell phone tower and that router, because that's what you're asking. What you potentially want to look into is an external antenna. An external anto This is an antenna that you put outside of your home, generally pointing and facing the cell phone tower that will then boost the signal or the data speed from that cell phone tower to your router. And then as you said, it's apparently you have no problem your for your router reaching you know, inside your home and getting everything now what you want to look for. And again I hate using acronyms. And you know, stuff that goes beyond not only you know people understanding it, but even me understanding it. It's called a memo antenna m I m O, MIMO anybody and I should actually have a treat trivia question of what a MEMO stands for. MEMO stands for a multiple input, multiple output technology and what it is in playing terms. It uses signals that are traveling along multiple paths simultaneously, and it increases the bandwidth and reliability in wireless connections MIMO. And it's it's it's the intenna's antenna's ability to handle several data streams at once cleanly without much interference, which leads ultimately to quicker data speeds, steadier connections. All right, So then you want to go potentially look if it's really bad, you can go through the whole Michig gossip of looking and installing an external memo m I m O antenna outside. It's not the I'm not gonna say it's not for the faint of heart, not the it's it's not a plug and play thing. You know, you're gonna have to kind of find out, Okay, where is the signal and you know how much gain do I have? You may want to have a potentially professional to do it. But if you are in a bind, if you continually having issues where the signal drop signal goes up and down, other than maybe moving that route, in my first suggestion, move that route, t unplug it, plug it into another AC outlet as much as you want to. Maybe you'll find a better spot where it's closer to your cell phone's tower. If not, you may want to look what it's called an m IMO antenna and hopefully that is going to reimprove the outside speed to get that data signal into your home. At that point, then that wireless that takes over. So there you got anybody's interested in this, Listen, twenty twenty five is coming up and everybody wants to find a new way to save money or a new process to do something. You know, Listen, I have had cable for I used to be a spokesperson for a cable company back in the day, and of course they moved out of Houston, and there's another one here. It's not the cheapest thing, it's really not. I will say they are reliable. I think cable is more reliable than certainly satellite and maybe some other ways to get there. But I've been having some very very good luck, very good results with my wireless five G home Internet. I specifically use total wireless in this case, and go to total Wireless, but go look at the other options that you have. But apparently that is what Robin has. And hopefully Robin is now going to get a bigger, better signal so then she can download and stream this radio show all she won. So hope that help. If anybody else has questions like that, hopefully I can answer just as sweet and just as kind and hopefully just as understandable. Just call. If we don't pick up, you can leave a message. We do have the right to actually put it on the air, like Robin three four six twenty nine, Texan. That simple three four six twenty nine, Texan. What say you stand by? We got more questions, more Black Friday, more Cyber Monday, and what's to stay away from? If you're looking for purchases right here on the High Tech Textan Show bottom of the first hour of The High Tech Textan Show as specialist cyber Monday, Black Friday, ELP the fan weekend here the last week of Novemba of twenty twenty four. Anybody have turkeys leftover? I mean, yeah, it's be It would be odd for me if everybody killed the entire turkey with all no pun intended over there on Thanksgiving. I mean, everybody has leftovers, right, everybody's left over. And you know, by the way, I thought about this because I saw this, Uh you know, there's always a video clip, always a sound by the first part of this week about the annual White House turkey pardoning. When did this start? This? Because it's really odd and it is nothing. I guess it's the National Turkey Foundation. Is there such a thing? Can someone research that the out of the the the n TF the turkey part that you generally pardoned to turkeys, which I'm thinking, if they keep doing this, why stop a Thanksgiving? And I want to I want you to think about this. Why if you have to pardon something, why just do it at Thanksgiving? Maybe the president should also pardon a Leprechaun on Saint Patrick's Day, maybe Darth Vader on Father's Day. How about pardoning summer in the city of Uset today. I mean, just get rid of that. I mean, just something. I appreciate it, but my goodness, it's it's nothing but a glorified little thirty second thing in which I'm also a big TV fan. I remember watching VEEP back in the day when she was president Julie Juliet Louis Dreyfus, which is one of the funniest shows ever done. It's it's off there right now, but if you go back, I guess it's on Max to watch it. It was a hilarious episode. Speaking of Thanksgiving episodes, you know, Thanksgiving episodes kind of get lost in the fray of televisions versus Christmas episodes. And then you know, over the years, there's Halloween episodes when TV shows, I'm gonna they sitcoms, when they film or they tape their shows six months in advance or so they plant they know when they're gonna air, and so let's have a theme. Let's do a Halloween theme, and let's you know, do the Thanksgiving thing. Christmas is always you know, they could have two or three different Christmas episodes back to back to back. In December. Generally there maybe one Thanksgiving best Thanksgiving episode of any TV show or the best Thanksgiving special. Talk to me over here, interactive show. If you just want to say hi, eight three to two twenty nine Textan eight three. I keep getting that number three four six twenty nine Texan. That's the number three four six two nine t e x A N. Michael Garfield, you can you can call me pound four pound and again, being in the radio business, there's absolutely nothing that will ever beat w KRP in Cincinnati the Great Frozen Turkey Drop with Les Nessman. There's just absolutely not happening. Somebody beat that. I'll debate you the entire two hours of this show. Then I gotta go. Charlie Brown, Chris, Charlie Brown Thanksgiving, Yeah, you gots to do. I did not see Charlie Brown Thanksgiving because I think Apple bought the rights to all of the Charlie Brown holiday specials, the Christmas Special, which is also classic, and I do not have Apple TV. As you know, we talked about, I'm going to continue to talk about streaming services this you know today of you know which streaming services you usually get rid of, and also some Black Friday Cyber Monday deals on purchasing or buying streaming services for gifts which are pretty cheap cheap. I don't have Apple TV, and so I may have over the years. I bet I've taped Thanksgiving Charlie Brown's Thanksgiving in Christmas specials for their great top two for me Frants had a good Thanksgiving special? What am I forgetting here? Three four six twenty nine text it as we continue the trip to fan If you guys are not sleeping right now, holiday we continue the Black Friday Cyber Monday sales. I remember back in the day, in two thousand and one, two thousand and two, two thousand and three, that was when digital TVs, high definition high definition TVs httvs, or flat screen TVs if you will, whatever you want to categorize them, they were the thing. It was the FCC who mandated everything go digital. Back in what two thousand and two thousand and one, the first flat screen or high def TVs were well over ten thousand dollars. And I remember in longtime listeners, they know my story the very first flat screen TV that I got, and I believe it was two thousand and three. It was a Hatachi and Hatachi that was one of the companies. I don't think it's around anymore. Hatachi was one of the leaders, the inventors, the creators of one of the end of the plasma and back then it was a plasma TV or did you want the what the LCDTV? And you know now it's oled. I mean, there's so many variants of whatever. You got a fifty inch TV and I'm not kidding you my fifty inch TV flat screen that hung on the wall fifteen thousand dollars, not kidding, not kidding. A fifty inch TV nowadays, not even on sale. You can get this thing for like what three hundred and four hundred dollars And now you can get eve cheaper footback product fifty inch and then TV's went up to fifty five, in, sixty five, in seventy five inches, now eighty five. I was in Costco the other day is an eighty two incher. I mean it goes on and on televisions. One of the biggest gifts this holiday season. It actually won't fit under the tree or down the chimney or technically in some of your homes, because there's TVs right now that measure more than ninety seven inches and they're actually called xxltvs XXL extra extra Large, and they're becoming a pretty big hit because the cost of giant screens. The price is going down and viewers now they're looking to replace the screens they bought, you know, maybe four years ago during the pandemic or whatever. So as look at some stats over here, Best Buy they're adding xxltvs to the majority of its stores across the US because of the demand from the customers. The technology has improved that the cheaper prices of components, the manufacturing, and prices for ninety eight inch TVs have fallen fifty three percent compared to a year ago. Sales have went up about eight hundred and seventy seven percent. These ultra large TVs now, Listen, they're still not cheap. Not what do you define as cheap? What do I define a cheap? A lot of the options range in price between let me say, seventeen hundred bones to maybe three thousand dollars. And then let's say you're big, there's a lot of a lot of you don't have vehicles that could schlep or put a ninety seven ninety eight inch TV in your vehicle, and so you know, you can get them delivered and in I think best Buy is offering free This is not a commercial for the best Buy. They're offering free delivery and installation if you buy them. But it is how big of a TV do you need? And so if you're thinking about getting something like this, let me give you my advice to Yes, you could go out and you could spend you know, almost three gerr, like I said, on a massive XXL TV. But let me give you another option that is really hot right now. Projectors projectures projection TVs that you can plug or stream from your phone into a very bright projector a small projector. Now, if you've got inside your home a blank wall where you think or you thought or you want your TV to hang, why not go get a projector either mounted on your ceiling. But you don't have to because you can keep these things on your floor maybe ten feet you know, you know, in front of the TV, between your two you know, couches or chairs because the screens now they could be four K and they're brighter lumens and the and the best thing about this I want you to think about that. You can adjust the picture quality because you can move that projector closer to the wall to make it a smaller picture. You can move it farther away from the wall to make it a bigger screen, maybe one hundred and twenty inches. You know, you may have seen these projectors. A lot of families get these projectors because they're portable. They put them outside, like in the summertime, they could put them by the pool and kids, you know, the kids could sit in the pool and have a pool watching party with the movies. But nowadays, I went, ah, where was I? I went to New York last earlier this year and there was a debut of a Chinese company came out with a projector. Of course, I forget it right now, but give me a few minutes, I'll come out with it. They are so light and so small, and they're actually a portable and a lot of them are battery powered. And right now now they have an HDMI input, so you can bring a laptop out there. If you have a cable connection, you can put it there. But the other thing is that you could hook them connect wirelessly via Bluetooth for your Wi Fi from your phone, let's say, and obviously you then you could stream it or mirror lack of a better drum directly to that projector, and you're set to go. Just an idea here, as we get to the end of this segment, if you're looking for TVs, maybe a TV, the actual TV, the television a hardware set is not what you want, not what you need, and there's better options. Take a look at your home, take a look at your apartment. What are you going to do if you go camping, if you move, think about getting a relatively hortible, relatively inexpensive, certainly cheaper than three thousand dollars projector. Let me take them. Let me take a few minutes over here to break. Let me go find a brand or two. I'll come back. I'll take your phone calls, I will take your emails. Michael Garfield at on artmedia dot com. We do continue the high tech text and show playing around on my ex Twitter, Facebook, Blue Sky, Instagram. As we come back to the high tech text and show, I'm one of these platforms. I forgot which one I was doing that I threw on a pull best side dish for Thanksgiving. As we continue to celebrate Thanksgiving weekend, and odds are you still have some leftovers. As you're plopped on the couch, you're listening to me via your earphones, your ear pods or whatever, which, by the way, if you want some ear pods, headphones, whatever, I am your guy who can kind of steer you the right way. It's steer you away from some of the crap, little cheap products because probably on a regular base, I'm not kidding, you have all the test products, review products that I get that are mailed to me on a giving you and I get a lot of stuff. I mean I get phones, TVs, projectors, cars and stuff. I probably get more headphones or ear pods all across the gamut from companies you haven't heard of, and some of them are very good. So if you're looking for advice, talk to me here three four six twenty nine TEXTA. That's the how you got to get to me. Michael Garfield is the name Callum Reid, staying away from his trip to fed Rose earlier this week, he hopefully will answer the phones when you called, I would I want to pay off what I was talking about about projectors and we're talking about TVs. TVs had long been twenty years. Let's just stay the thing to get on Black Friday. I remember, you know Black Friday deals. You would line up at Target, best Buy and I'm going back to two thousand and two, two thousand and three, four and five. You would get there and I'm not kidney. You would get there at midnight, maybe three in the morning. Certainly by six in the morning. They didn't have a lot. It was a loss leader, meaning you know, okay, we're we're only gonna have a few of these, but so the first ten people in line are going to get really inexpensive deal on a on a TV. That was the thing. But then at some point high definite. So many of us had these high definition TVs and then we maybe got a second one. You know, nowadays they may not be the thing, the hottest thing we line up for, because now it's I don't know, air fryers or something, but TVs are still there. I had just talked about a few minutes ago that TVs are getting larger because they're getting cheaper. It sounds like an airplane and things are getting larger. Le's getting have you xxltvs ninety eight inch screen size? But I said, wait, a minute, you could get one of those. But I think if I had to see a trend this year in twenty twenty four of technology, I think this was the year of projectors. Now, projectors have been around for a long time. They have gotten much higher tech, much brighter, much more portable, much more affordable. And there's some reasons why you may want to look at having a projector at home instead of a TV beyond what a basic TV can give. Now, hear me out Number one, it's that custom of the customizable screen size. Because projectors it gives you the size variation. I mean, if you buy a fifty inch TV, that's all you're getting. You're getting a fifty inch TV, but you can vary the projecting to suit your room size. You move the projector closer to the wall, make sure become smaller, you move it back. You've got a real cinema experience. They're huge images. It makes you feel like you're a part of the event. Imagine watching your football games with all your family, you know, this weekend, and you've got this projector and it's one hundred and twenty inches wide. It's like, dang man, that's pretty strong. There's also eye comfort if you look at it. Projectors reflect light. I want you to think about this. They reflect light rather than transmit it straight in front of your eye, so it's more comfortable for your eyes than standard screens. A lot of the projectors, they're very small. They fit on shelves, they can mount easily. You can put them on a ceiling, and you can move it too. I had said that earlier this year that I went to New York because it was a debut of this Chinese company who makes projectors, and they wanted to really show it off. The name of the company is X Jimmy, I'm a spell this it's X G I M I. And they announced the whole line of projectors, and it really kind of blew me away because they didn't look like these traditional projectors that I know I had growing up in high school in college that looked like you know, a slide you know, show. They weren't heavy, they weren't ric danglar. These things are around their portable. You know. One of them is so light. It comes with a little strap that you can just put it in a little case and just kind of swing it on your wrist and you know, take it to grandma's house or something. Uh. The one I particularly have right now now that I play with, it's called the It's from a company called x G. I am I. I have the Mogo three pro mogo as an MgO Actually, if I thought about mg Michael Grifield, how come they I'm not endorsing these things. Mogo three pro it right now, let me tell, let me just pull this up. How much is this thing? Came out about a retail for about four hundred and fifty bucks. I'm singing it on the website now, I guess that guess could be a Black Friday seal three hundred and seventy nine dollars. Okay, this is a projector now that has ten ADP. It's it's pretty bright. Bright. Brightness is measured in lumens. This has four hundred and fifty lumens. It's got a built in Speaker's got a five watt harmon card and speaker. So you just and all you do is just connect a source. You connect connect your phone because it's got an HDMI input. You could stream it from your phone. But you take this thing anyway. You can put it outside, you can put it inside. That may be the thing to do. So that's again just an idea. You may want to look at the projectors because I really think not only on top of portability, I think the value projectors give a bigger screen size at a fraction of the cost as these big high ftvs, So which is better value. It's a good cinematic experience, and so that's that's really what you want for. But last point of this thing what to look for if you want to buy some of these things, look for projectors with high resolution. You want at least ten EIGHTP. If you want to go a little better four K. Not that you're really going to project anything at four K, but four K is ideal for the best clarity. You want to look for brightness, as I said, lumens, lu M, E and S. That's the word lumits. The higher the number the better. You also want to look for a high contrast ratio for those vivid colors and those deep blackings. High contrast ratio. So those are the things to look at if you really want to see if they have an HDMI input port or USB. Can they be capables wireless streaming? Those are little things, but the more more these projectors are going to come out. They actually do have all that stuff. So there you go, there's another idea for it. So any anything else I got to help you with when it comes to TV's I wish I could help with programming. Oh by the way, if anybody at least in the Houston area wants some good programming, highly recommend turning on your projector. On weekday mornings, nine am, Channel eleven CBS, there's a show called Great Day Houston. It is hosted by my longtime friend Debora Duncan with your contributing reporter Moah, which I have. This has been busy. I've been doing two or three segments each week. Why don't you test it out and see what see what my hair looks look like and which is real hair and high definition on Great Day Houston. I got a few segments coming up on what to do this holiday season. There's a lot of Christmas lights or you know, walking in very instagrammable fun things. I was just at the Houston Botanic Garden not far from Hobby Airport, about a mile and a half long trail you go at night when the sun goes down, and it's just unbelievable, just really really cool things and so I took a photographer out there and shut that for Channel eleven and a number of other things. And so again just a little programming just to let you know that this is a gig economy. Not only do a radio you have to slap some makeup on me and put some lights up, and maybe I could be TV radio. I'll let you guys decide that our number one coming to it in If you're listening on WOAI and all you get is our number one, why don't you download the iHeartRadio app and you can listen to the full show. To keep you entertained, just look for Michael Garfield, Dorf Deep high Tech text it and I do appreciate you following me on all of these social media outlets. We'll be back for those of you who still get the second out of the show right after this. Don't go anywhere. If people stay awake, I know the turkey's making you go to sleep. For the high Tech dec Can show particular.
Speaker 1: Is Michael Garfield of Michael Garfield.
Speaker 2: Michael Garfield's joining.
Speaker 3: Us and the high Tech Texan.
Speaker 2: Michael Garfield is here with a high Tech Texans items to make life easier, new technology.
Speaker 3: So Michael Garfield has something you might like.
Speaker 1: Michael Garfield is your high tech Texan three decades helping you make magic with your gadgets. I heard worldwide on the Iheartwadio Act. Now your high Tech Texan Michael Garfield.
Speaker 2: Halfway through the show and a very special Black Friday Cyber Monday trip to fan weekend. That means we are a halfway and a happy hour people, you know what, this is a weekend long if you think about it. I hope you're enjoining the fam. I hope you're not sick. You're a family. Actually by this point, my name is Michael, Miguel whatever you want to call me. Just don't call me late for dinner, and actually call me late for dinner because I think I've had enough food this weekend. But we are in the bed stuff going over what did you get for Black Friday? There's still are maybe a few Black Friday sales, but now they call them Cyber Monday sales, and so get prepped for that. If you want to get in and ask questions or just you know, say what's up and what your favorite side dish was three four six twenty nine Texan brand new phone number we launched last week as we brought in a new radio affiliate where we are heard long time in Houston, but we welcome the good people of San Antonio on their Blowtorch AM radio station. WOAI. Great to be there. So I figured, you know what, let's just let's get a generic number. Doesn't you know, doesn't it to be seven point three and two one zero? Let's go three four six two nine hexan And for some reason we don't answer. There's a voice mail and leave me a question, and we do have the right days. You'll hear that we can't air this on the show and make you famous, even though being on the radio does not make you famous. But have some fun. You don't have to call. You can also send an email. Speaking of emails, look what we have here.
Speaker 5: You've got mail.
Speaker 2: We do have mail, and we thank you. This is from Jennifer. Jennifer is in Paarland, Texas. Paarland, JA, south of Houston. She writes, in Hey Michael, there's so many apps out there, and I was thinking about it this weekend while I was making Thanksgiving. I have a ton of recipes. My mother and my grandmother both passed down recipes to me. And I'd have no clue where to keep them. Is there a specific app that would help other than a spreadsheet or something? Appreciate it listening to you a long time, Thank you so much. Okay, yes, actually there are. There are a number of apps to organize and save all those recipes. I should probably I like cooking. I'm a big cooker and a griller and a smoker and not a tooker. But you know, not that I need to pass recipes down to my three boys. But there's a number of things that I probably should start using. But let me get let me go through with some of them. There is one I saw this over here. There's one. It's free, I believe it's for This is for a few if you have a Mac and a Mac or an iOS only if you have an Apple. It's called Mela e La And I took a quick look at this, and this app keeps things really clean, really simple. And if you use it on your desktop, there's an in app browser, so you can find a recipe and save the details to your collection. And if you're you know, kind of surfing, you find something and it's got a nice does a nice job of keeping things organized. I think the first ten recipes are free, or you could pay more, and I don't think you could pay more than five dollars. There's another one that has been around for a while, and this works in all the platforms, doesn't matter if you have a Mac or Microsoft Android whatever. This is called recipe Keeper. Well there's a creative name, but recipe Keeper, if you think about it's probably this is probably the og of recipe saving apps. And you can save up to twenty recipes for free. You could scan them in from a photo, maybe a PDF. Maybe your grandmother wrote it down way back in the day you want to keep your handwriting or something, or you can import it from a website and it lets you This is nice because there's some of these apps, including this one. They'll let you adjust serving sizes right on the flo. Okay, so I have six people coming to dn I have ten people coming to dent and it will adjust the ingredients. I think that's pretty cool. There's another one here. You on me pull this one up, just the recipe dot Com. It's a website and it's an iOS and an Android app. I think this cost a little, maybe like thirteen bucks a year. It's called just the recipe dot com. This looks pretty good because it transforms a cluttered recipe page and into something that looks really simple and really clean, really clean. And uh, that's that's another one to you try that. I hope I'm helping you out over here. Here's one called crouton. This is for Apple devices only, Jennifer, I don't know if you have an Apple device, don't like that, but it's got a really nice design. It's a clean design, and you can import things from a camera or an image, and you could say ten recipes for free too. And there's one more called oh Mommy, ooh Mommy, who Mamma's eat that?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: This is you m A m I iOS and Android and it works on both of those. But it's got an extension for your web browser, so if you're online, you can import recipes right on your computer too. And it's also kind of specific import options for inputting a TikTok or Instagram URL. And this may be this may be good because I'm telling you right now, and I don't use TikTok, my kids do? You probably do? Tiktoking Instagram are like the places to go for recipes so much so my youngest son, twenty four, came in so he's with me this weekend with his brothers too, and he wanted mac and cheese. And the first thing he said, he goes, I don't want no craft. He goes, I don't want real mac and cheese. And I saw something on Instagram. He goes, there's a TikTok recipe. It's this famous TikTok mac and cheese recipe. Does anybody know about this? So anyway, I'm like, well, this is a perfect excuse for daddy. I don't have I don't have a TikTok. Can't do it. He goes, I'll do the mac and cheese. Look at the kid, bacon, look at the kid. Make it? Sure enough, man goes, TikTok is the so many recipes. He made some mac and cheese and it was freaking killer. And I am sure I gained five pounds just from a few bites of this stuff. So TikTok and Instagram since the place. But you may want to look for a recipe keeper that can import those links too. And I know, mom me, you am a am I that does that. They go, Jennifer, hope you help. This is what I am I am your answer man if you tuned in last hour. Talked a little a little about TVs. TVs have long been a staple of Black Friday sales and what have you. You know, what's good deal, what's not a good deal. I didn't give any specific Black Friday deals for TVs, but I did talk about another option, which is projector's projectors. To me, it was a very hot category in twenty twenty four. I do see that category growing because projectors are getting less expensive, they're getting more portable. You could take them inside outside, but you know, you could, you know, you could project them on the side of the outside of your house, have a watching party, do whatever. You can make the screen size smaller by putting the projector closer to the wall, bigger, larger. I mean, you could have one hundred and twenty inch screen if you really wanted to. By putting it back, you could. They have HDMI inputs, they have built in speakers, they've got good battery life, and that made it be the thing to go. And you know, the one one I have right now is three hundred and seventy nine dollars. I got one from a company called x G I M I x Jimmy Chinese company, and it works well. Just when you look, you know, look for high lumens, which is a high brightness. Look for something at least ten eighty p if not four K, and you should be set to go. So again, this is some of the advice that I'm gonna give throughout the show, as we have done for twenty plus years. Should you just be tuning in. Coming back between now and the end of the show, I'm gonna talk about cars, because I do do cars and trucks. Oh guess what I had, people, I'm so excited. I had another EV, had another electric vehicle. And you know how I love electric vehicles. I actually do it like electric vehicles. You know how I love charging those batteries. That's facetious right there. I had a Chevy, the Chevy Equinox. Chevy Equinox not bad, relatively inexpensive compared to other evs, kind of sizey. I'll give you my thoughts on that. And if you have a specific vehicle you want me to test drive, let me know because in any given year, I probably drive about sixty different vehicles, from trucks to yes, evs, sports cars, minivans, sid Dan's as a member of the Texas Auto Writers Association. I happen to know a lot of the manufacturers. I do not deal with dealerships. I can't get you a deal. I can't tell you to walk into a dealership and mention my name or asked for a guy. No, this is non biased, non paid. I can tell you if they're crap, or I can tell you if they're good. That's why you listen to me, right, all right, keep listening to this crappy I keep listening to this wonderful radio program for the next forty five minutes or so. It's my cocarfield. We'll be right back. Anybody get a new phone for Black Friday, pre Cyber Monday. Tell you what, let's let's test it out. Give me a shout. We'll tell you what the quality sounds like. Three four six twenty nine Text it three four six twenty nine, texa it. That is how you're going to get to me. If we don't pick up the phone, well little voicemail will come on and you could leave a message, and we do have the right to play that on air. You might hear yourself and become famous. Steven though being on the radio is not really famous, so don't worry about that. Three four six twenty nine texts and I listen. I know we're probably stopped with all the turkey and the dressing and all the size, and you're laying on the couch and you're, you know, watching all the football games. We got calle age, we got the NFL. It's a fun weekend, it really is. Maybe you're sick of your family. Maybe you're listening with your brand new headphones, your ear pods, listening to me, Well, listen if you think, if you think you got schnooker and you don't want a better pair, that's what you called me for. You could say, Michael, did I get a good pair? Should I return them? Should I ask for whoever gave them to me to give the receipt back so I can go get them. I study what's going on in the world of consumer products. Yes, certainly technology, but also cars and trucks too. I get to drive a lot of them, and so I'm more than happy to steer you. You see what I did there. You see, after two decades of doing this, I actually can segue semi cute. I could steer you in the right direction in the wrong direction. Been driving actually some electric vehicles as of late. I don't mind, and I'm like into the whole should you get electric vehicle? Should you not? It's up to you. I think electric vehicles are nice, they're sexy, they're fast, they're designed quite well. I'm just not one hundred percent sold on the battery charging infrastructure that we currently have in our great United States right now. But some of the ones that I have driven over the past few weeks, actually recently a Chevy Equinox, believe it or not. It's a kind of a CUV, a compact utility vehicle. It is electric, about three hundred mile range, it's relatively roomy. If you're looking for something that is domestic like that with Chevy, but also electric, Chevy also has something I think very similar, because about a month ago I was in a Chevy Equinox, which is a little larger than now I'm sorry, the Chevy Blazer. See I'm getting confused. I was in a Chevy Blazer a little larger than the Equinox a little, but also three hundred plus miles range, and I didn't mind them. They were nice, they had the good room. It's just every time I drive at EV, my eyes not only focus on the road, but my eyes focus on how little range I get, how little range it keeps going down and down and down. Oh my gosh, I'm at fifty, I'm at forty. And then I start schmitzing, and then I'm thinking, oh my god, I'm gonna run out of batteries. That's my problem. That's my problem with having it in EV. I think they're great second cars. If you don't drive a ton. If you have a charger at home and you have one at work, that's phenomenal. So I could steer you in the right way and the wrong way. Oh. Actually, speaking of which, I do have questions about any type of vehicles. I am here for you. Why don't we pick up that phone and see what's going on. You've got mail.
Speaker 5: This is doctor Joe Agris the crazy Text. My wife wants a new car for the holidays. She's looking at the Lincoln or the christ for the big SUV. Their expensive. Tell me what you think about them. You said you drove twenty nine cars. I want to know if you drove one of these and whether I should buy it. Doctor Joe the Crazy Texan.
Speaker 2: Okay, First of all, we got a lot of things going on here, Doctor Joe. Appreciate the phone call, love it absolutely, and I'm going to answer it. Three four six twenty nine Texan. All right, number one. Have you trademarked the Crazy Texan? Because you really should. I got the high tech Texan. Stay away from that, but the Crazy Textan, that's when I have not touched I like it. It's good. What a wonderful gentleman. You want to buy your wife a car for the holidays? Does this occur every single holiday? I've actually got questions to specifically answer it. It's this is a relatively simple one. You said that. First of all, I've driven much more than twenty nine cars. I genuinely drive one. I have vehicles brand new per week, so I drive well over sixty plus vehicles any given year. Not from a dealership. I have the privilege of knowing the manufacturers. My job. I do not get paid. Nothing is endorsed. What I'm about to tell you, these are just my personal thoughts, and so I think a lot of people can and do respect that. You talk specifically about Chrysler SUVs, and you talked also about Lincoln Is SUVs Let's start with Chrysler. Chrysler does not make SUVs, and so that's going to be a simple answer. Chrysler really, right now, as great as a brand it is, it's changed. Chrysler really only makes about four different vehicles, three of which are minivans. Now, if you're looking for a minivan, hands down, Chrysler Pacifica my favorite out there. You want to get a minivan from Mama, bring it on. So it's about forty thousand dollars Chrysler Pacifica, all right. I also have a Chrysler Voyager two. The only other non type of minivan they make. It's a Sizdan. It's a Chrysler three hundred, all right. And that's about it. So there's no SUVs if you will from Chrysler right now. Now other Stilantis own brands, they do make them. Stalantis owns Jeep, Ram, Dodge, Fiat. But you didn't ask that. Okay, Let's go to Lincoln. I like Lincoln. Lincoln is a strong brand. I do get the test drive. So Lincoln has four SUVs starting at the top in terms of cost and size. The Lincoln Navigator Big Boy seats eight people. If you want it then we can take a little step down the Lincoln Aviator. See it's about seven people. If you want a five seater, they've got a Lincoln Nautilus and a Lincoln Corsair. I think Lincoln does a really really nice job. It is a smooth ride, and they're not maybe not they you know, most inexpensive things are out there, but the newer ones, if you really want to go on the higher level, you can get the Lincoln Black label. That's you know, a little bit more elegant and higher services inside, a little bit more leather, a little bit more would. But I will tell you this, pound for pound internally, if I had to get a new car and I've wanted something a little larger, maybe an suv, I absolutely love And to have not been more impressive almost with anything else in the auto industry this year than what Lincoln has done with their internal cabin on their new twenty twenty fives. It is the most technologically advanced dashboard than I have ever seen. I was a Lincoln Nautilus for probably about four months ago, and what they have done is the future of cars. And you can talk about evs all you want to. It is amazing. They you know, most infotainment screens and dashboards and whatever. You know, there's a screen in the middle. You're lucky if they're ten inches, Yes, you're gonna go up to twelve twelve and a half inches. And then you've got the vehicle information display, which is right in between your right through your steering wheel. What Lincoln has done with their new vehicles they have taken about I want you to imagine we'll sitting in your driver's seat. Look out that front windshield. All right, your front windshield. I don't know what is it Maybe you know. It could be about three feet long top to bottom at the bottom of the windshield. I want you to imagine from the left side of that windshield to the right. All right, we're talking five feet whatever it is. They have an infotainment display across the entire thing. It is crazy. It's jetsnian if you will, it's easy to navigate. You can see exactly how fast you're going, where you're going, what radio station you're you're on. But it is it's a whole new look. And there's not one person who got into this vehicle when I was driving it just to kind of play around that didn't blow their mind. Oh my goodness. Wine is good for Lincoln. I think it's a very strong brand. I mean, I remember my I mean you talk about my my grandparents going up. Got to have a Lincoln Continental. You gotta have whatever. But in terms of SUVs that you which you asked for, Jojo Navigate, Aviator, Nautilus, Courssair, that's what you're gonna get. I like the Nautilus. It seats five, very comfortable, starts around fifty thousand, and it is absolutely going to go up from there. Not the cheapest thing, but it seems like Daddy Warbucks over here is a great listener of mine. Doctor Joe, the crazy Texan. But he couldn't sounds like a sweetheart because he's buying his wife a holiday present. You know, A. I don't have a wife at the current moment. B. I probably would get her a crockpot. Tense the reason I'm not married, Big Daddy Joe, get mama a vehicle. This is the type of listening show. All right, three four, six, two nine, Texan, You got questions? Hopefully I have answer A standby more high tech Texan show coming up. Michael Garfield is called the High Tech Texan show hope everybody is having a great date. No matter where you are, you'd thank you for tuning in for two plus decades. I am your guy who's gonna give you all the fun information and steer you in the right direction when it comes to yes, technology gear, but I just everything. When the consumer lifestyle products, this is my job is to test them and play with them and tell you where to go, maybe what to run away from. Tell you what I'm not running away from. And none of us can run away from. It is it's our cell phones, it's our cell service, it's our data service. I mean I whether you look at whether you believe it or not, good or bad, it is here to stay and it's a necessity. Are operating lives the way we do our personal lives or business lives. We need our service. We need something reliable for palt How long have I been a member of Total Wireless. I've been using Total Wireless gosh now what four or five six months? Very happy with it, and I've told you folks that it's a great way to save money. These you know MVNOs, the mobile virtual network operators. They utilize major networks like Verizon or something, and in this case, I use Total Wireless many stories around the Houston area actually obviously all over the country, and you can get your cell service, you can buy your phones, and they've got home Internet five G service right now. And I just noticed on my I'm getting text from him and I'm getting my my bill. See this thing called Total Rewards. I'm thinking, oh, it's like, uh that Caesars Caesars Palaces. I'm like, Dad, It's like, oh good, I'm not dampling. I'm going to I'm going to Vegas like that guy said, Wait a minute, let me delve into this a little bit more. It's a rewards kind of incentive type back for members of Total Wireless. I needed to learn more because I like me some rewards, and so we're gonna find out more right now with Stephen Perez. He's the district manager of Total Wireless here in and around Houston. He joins me, happy holiday is my friend, And I know you're using Total Wireless right now, so you're sounding good.
Speaker 3: Yes, sir, I'm actually on our Total Wireless home Internet at the moment. So we are live in a fake.
Speaker 2: Quickly the home Internet. People don't people you know, don't realize I don't think unless they've been listening to my show. You know. Uh, back in the day before you were born, there was this thing called dial up. But I'm not going to get into that, Steve. Okay. So nowadays, obviously we use can we get cable, you can get it through phone companies, but now it's it's wireless and using the cell towers out there. Cell towers are pumping out five G. I utilize the Total Wireless, you know, five G home Internet and all I have it's a router. It's just that I plug it into the wall and that is it. It's pulling down cell signals, but then tossing out a Wi Fi signal that's five g's That is that the easiest way to explain.
Speaker 3: It, Absolutely, Michael, That's exactly how to describe that.
Speaker 2: Yes, third it. It's just one of the many things that the Total Wireless offers. I love what going in and playing and you know one of the stores, you've got some brand new phones. You've got, yes, you've got the iPhones, and you know, I'm an Android guys, Dave but tons of Android phones. But I'm looked at this thing. You have to explain me. I'm a kind of exciting now because I'm you know, I spend you know, not a lot per month, because you don't charge a lot per month. But what is this Total Rewards program?
Speaker 3: So one thing about a Total Rewards is that it's a free program from which are total waters can get exclusive access to instance savings benefits including local offers, doting, entertainment, travel, but also being able to get points for every time they redeem and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Like that, it's points. I'm in a lot of these affinity clubs. Listen, I'm a member, you know, Southwest Airlines. I love the points. I love racking up the points, and so I see what you're doing over there. It's a great way to retain customers. I like it. How how does it for me? Also? How does it work? How do I earn my points?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So every time you make your payment for the month, you get points, but not only just earning points off of payments, but also referring friends and if you decided to set up your account on auto pay, you also get points for that. And then they also have a thing on the app where you can actually spend the wheel daily and you can also earn points just by spending the wheel. So we have a couple of different things on it where you can actually earn points.
Speaker 2: Sound like a game show? Can I can? I toss my hat in the ring. I would make a great game show host. I would. I mean, you see me as a game show host. All right, I had to talk. I need to talk to the victor Total Wireless. Hello, folks, good morning it is I just spin the wheel Total Wireless. I'm Michael Garfield. See, I'm your boy Stephen Perez. He's the district manager of Total Wireless. Big shopping season as we know right now, it's a holiday season too. But let's go back to the Total Rewards. You know, are there any special tactics for shoppers maybe to make the most of this Total Rewards program?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I think the biggest thing for Total Rewards program is you want to definitely do the refer to frame. So kind of what that works is on the app, there's a unique code that you get and on that app every time you refer a frame. So whenever they download the Total Wireless app and they send up their account, if they're a new customer, they send up third account, they use their their reference code on there. Not only do you get fifty dollars worth the reward points, but also they get fifty dollars worth the as well.
Speaker 2: Listen. I have a good amount of friends, have a lot more listeners. I think I'm referring everybody out there. Use my name. People, come on, I want me some free service.
Speaker 3: Hey, we can able to give them that referra code so they can get it in there and get you them points for sure.
Speaker 2: Come up with a high tech text and referral code. What are their benefits are there? As part of the total.
Speaker 3: Rewards Besides the referral program, you can also redeem those points. So one thing that's pretty cool that they just launch is that you can also get gift cards for like Target, Home depot, just different type of businesses where you can actually redeem it. Duck and Donuts as one of them as well, where you can use it at different type of businesses. So kind of like cash, but it's just kind of like in a gift card at standpoint, but also like I said, redeem it for free service and then you can also use it for like at different add alls and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: That's what Yeah, me like gift cards too, which is great. Is there a cost to be a part of the Total Awards.
Speaker 3: Program, so it's totally free. All the customer has to do is sign up for Total Rewards. They can do it on the app, or if they sign up for a new service, they can do and what the represented that's in the store and they can help them while to get it off to the form square away.
Speaker 2: Oh I love this. So we're talking specifically about Total Wireless. You see a lot of these national commercials. You see the billboards around town and I drive. You have a ton of stores all over I mean, first of all over the country, but here in Houston. How many and I know specifically the Total Wireless stores that you're the district manager of. I think they're they're owned by a company called Victra v ic Tra. If you go to Victor dot com you can find the locations. But you've got fifteen sixteen stores around Houston? Is that right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's roughly around that, you know, fifteen sixteen, Yes, sir.
Speaker 2: It's very very easy, very convenient. What I also like is your service because I think I actually you kind of hang out at the West Timer store just outside the Beltway, Is that right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's one of more locations is that they're the one off the west Timber.
Speaker 2: And listen, I'm gonna try to get your employees some raises right now. That's okay because your customer service. I came in, they could not have been nicer. And I'm not just saying this man just to blow sunshine anyway, because you know, I, you know, I walk in what I think you were there? And I walked in with what four or five phones because that's what I do because I I get to play and test with phones, and I brought my own phone. You don't need to buy a phone from you. And I was on a total different carrier. It took me a matter of minutes and they just walked me through, handheld me. They you know, they got the special code how to switch my service. Total Total Wireless could not have been nicer, explained everything and it was good. So would you get give your staff arraise? In my name? Would you please do that? I got you.
Speaker 4: Let's go.
Speaker 3: I got.
Speaker 2: Steven Perez is the district manager Total Wireless. People walk in and I like this fact, the fact that you got something that gives back to yourself to Total awards. Every month, you a crew points and you gift cards and everything else. All right, let's work on the the high tech textan code or something like baby so I can get me some points.
Speaker 3: Deal, Yes, sir, I got you. Man, I'll work with the tea departments so we can get to take take some code.
Speaker 2: I like it. Okay, well we'll get back to everybody with that thing. Steve Listener, Happy holidays, appreciate you taking some time here. And uh, I'll let you know. I'm gonna text you monthly basis. Let you know my but the points I have on my account.
Speaker 3: Okay, yes, sir, we got you, We got Michael, thank you?
Speaker 2: All right, all right, well, good luck. I know they're gonna be busy this holiday season. It is total wireless, so you can go to specifically Victor v ict r a dot com. Victor dot com. By the way, I also saw they just opened another store to Missouri City, southwest side of h Town. Actually it's not far from me. I'm gonna have to hit that Missouri City, Texas. Uh, they're gonna have like one hundred stores here my next year, so we need to go check that out. All right, we continue Black Friday, Cyber Monday. What's going on for the next month? I am the guy who's got all the deals for you. Michael Garkold. It is the long running high Tech Texas Show. We made it, Soras Berry, Manilosas. Looks like we've made it. Final segment of the Big Black Friday Cyber Monday Trip to Fan show at the high Tech Textan Show. We do appreciate it. Thank you so much. By the way, I have, I have, we have gifts for you. We haven't done a giveaway yet. It's listen, this is it's the it's the gift. It's the season of gift giving. And every week we you know, generally give away a gift card or two or something. You know. One of my big favorite places to eat Cabo Bob's four locations in Houston, several locations in Austin. I think they have one at San Antonio too, for my San Antonio listers. No matter where you are, calling number ten three four six twenty nine Texan three four six twenty nine, text it all right if you're calling, just for that. And if you get a voicemail, you don't need to leave a voice mail because we're gonna pick it up. Caller ten, We're gonna give you a twenty five dolla gift card to eat at Cabo Bob's kind of a fast casual place. You go through the line, you pick out one of your freshly made tortillas. They can make it. They can make burritos, they can make docos. A great caso, great chips. Love to have you, uh win one of those. And also if you didn't win, sucks for you. But you can walk in and uh. If you buy a fifty dollars gift card this holiday season, they will give you a ten dollars gift card reward. So you can give and get hocket the ten dollars yourself. I don't care what you do with it, walk into anyone of the Cabo bobs. Oh, already have a winner. Stop calling? That was correct, Stop calling to win that. You can't call if you want to ask any questions, even though I don't know if we're going to get to your phone calls here three four, six, two nine t e x A M Between now and the next what have we got about seven minutes or so? Uh? How are we by the way, it's uh? Are we tight? How are we doing with Russia? Is the US and Russia? Are we doing well? Okay, I'm Russia potentially could get a lot of money from the US. Uh And I saw this a few weeks ago and I've been meaning to talk about it. A Russian court is not happy with Google. A Russian court is demanding that Google pay an amount after a few of the Russia's TV channels and media outlets were blocked from YouTube. Which is such a wonderful reason, too fine a big company like that. This mine is hilarious because I can ask an over under and I guarantee you're gonna be wrong. Well, if you guess, you could guess correctly. A million dollars, two million, ten million dollars. Uh uh. I really think Russia made up this number, and the story is this number. A Russian court orders Google to pay this number for blocking media on YouTube. Not making this up, I had no First of all, Google itself is a number which is actually spelled g O O g O L. Google is like a one with one hundred zeros behind it. That's Google, right, But I've never heard of this one. Google is being asked to pay Russia twenty bacillion American dollars D E C I L L I. I listen. I'm an edumacated person. I'm pretty good at math. I even know the metric system. I am not familiar with decillion. It is twenty decillion dollars. It is a twenty with thirty three zeros behind it. It is a thirty seven digit figure. That's what Google was asked to pay Russia because seventeen of Russia's TV channels and media platforms were blocked from YouTube, which Google owns. Who comes up with a number like this? Who why not just go for a Google? Are they gonna pay it? And how are they gonna pay it? I mean, technically, twenty decillion dollars could be a out fourteen bitcoin right now, Bitcoin going through the roof people anyway. This began back in twenty twenty, the case against Google because Google block channels belonging to some dude, some Olive Ark, who were strong supporters of Putin. This is according to NBC News. The case expanded and the find increased and kept increasing, and so they came up with decillion. My boss was listening because when I get to my next contract negotiation, I may use the decillion and the negotiating tactics. That would be pretty cool with it, I thought, so anyway, if anybody wants, I'll take one decillion dollars. People, it doesn't even matter. We do think a lot of our sponsors, and you know one of the reasons why we don't ask you to pay a decillion dollars to listen or download or subscribe to this program. It's free over the air, because that's how we do it here at iHeart Radio. You can also listen free on the podcast which you could download that free app. We do this because we have sponsors. Again, we thank Cabo Bob's. They give away some gift cards Total Wireless. We actually had a great interview Total Wireless five G home wireless Internet. We talked about that in the first hour. Check out some of the Victor v Ictra a Victor dot com. They own a number of stores here across the country. Walk into there. Thank you to us. Coins and jewelry. The Matthew and Kenny Duncan great brothers, and they are busy. This is their season. They got a ton of obviously, if you're a coin collector, if you want to buy coins, sell coins, start a coin collection. They've got Rolex watches, tennis bracelets. Like when I walk in, they got sports Memorabilia got a huge, huge facility it Katie Freeway right at voss Itin and Boss. But you can go to US coins and jewelry also thanks to Campbell's Compounding Pharmacy Campbell'scompounding dot Com. For some reason, you are interested in making having somebody make and whip up O medications, they can flavor it to whatever you want. Their two locations and see in the Houston area, and so I thank them. What else we got, Callum, that almost may be it. I'm going to go see if my electric car starts. The Chevy Equinox. By the way, I didn't get a ton of time to talk about that, but the Chevy Equinox it's starts about forty two thousand dollars. I was in a Chevy Blaser EV very similar to the Chevy Equinox EV. But they're out there. They are more and more evs I prefer. And again we could talk about this later dates because I certainly drive so many vehicles. Hybrids to me right now are the way to go. Hybrids are the way to go either, mostly the regenerative breaking. I'm still not a fan of the plug in hybrids because the plug in hybrids. It's going to give you a little extra juice. It's really not going to carry you far. But if you're looking for me to specifically test drive something, I may have. I also have another podcast, if you look at The high Tech Texan, which is also on iHeart, it's on Spotify, it's on Apple. That one specifically for me talking about vehicles. So between Michael Garfield The High Tech Texan, I don't know. If you're bored this weekend, you're sick of your family, put your earpod, your earbuds on in Nnakota Town. Other than that, the next time we'll talk to you it will be December of twenty twenty four. Thank you so much for tuning in. I hope everybody had a wonderful holiday weekend, the first of a few holiday weekends coming up. Next time we talk, we'll kind of go through the post Cyber Monday, and after that, odds are there's still gonna be some good deals out there, and I'm your deal guy. Michael Garfield is the name. Thank you to Callum Reed, Brian Erickson, and everybody else involved in this show. Until then, my show is over.