Speaker 1: Unfortunately, devastating news came down today. It was a parent last night, Kyrie irving out for the remainder of the year, torn acl. The struggle continues for MAVs fans. It's just been a tough, tough road. Hard to believe. They were in the finals in June and this thing has just fallen in so many ways. But the Mavericks were they made this move. They traded Luca for ad and the idea was, it's a shorter window, but we feel better about contending in that window. And the idea was this year they'd be a contender, and next year they'd be a contender, and maybe even the next year after that. But it was a short, concise window, and now all of that is in question. As their leader, Kyrie is probably looking at nine to twelve months of rehab, and in an emotional show of just courage and badassery and toughness, he got out there and he shot the free throws even though he had a torn ACL and could put any weight on that leg. Very Kobe esque, you know, the torn achilles getting out there shooting the free throws.
Speaker 2: I love Kyrie, We all love Kyrie. This is heartbreaking for him.
Speaker 1: Personally, and it's just more terrible news for a fan base that probably feels a little bit like a speed bag right now. Yeah, that's a great description, Katie. You're in the building last night as a fan. How much cheering did you do?
Speaker 2: There was not a ton, although the kai Jones experience was fun. Yes, because every time he would score, I would I would yell out, goat life. You can look it up if you want. If not, no, that's not a big deal. A long time ago, he had a little social media freak out.
Speaker 1: He had a social media meltdown, but he has received counseling since then.
Speaker 2: Good. He's good. He's young.
Speaker 1: He's twenty four, dude, he's young. He is as you said last night, he's springy. He could be a nice piece moving forward.
Speaker 2: Now they don't really have him, but for eleven more games. Oh no, they're good.
Speaker 1: Oh so they showcase you's gonna be here for at least eleven of the remaining twenty.
Speaker 2: I have to have some players.
Speaker 1: Yeah so, but he is a two way player and he's pro rated because of when they signed him.
Speaker 2: When he's twenty one. He had some good tweets. It's basically said, I'm the best there ever was, and he called out Lebron and then he would hashtag his tweets with goat life. Yeah, so when he was catching lobs and throwing him down, I was yelling out goat life.
Speaker 1: And if I remember correctly, he asked the Hornage to trade him, so they waved him, which yeah, yeah, I remember, and that is against NBA rules to publicly ask for a trade on social media. And I believe he was fined one hundred and fifty thousand dollars, which he probably didn't have at the time.
Speaker 2: Oh no, he was. He was a mid first round pick, so he.
Speaker 1: But hey man, he was young and is apparently on the rebound, as it were. When Kyrie first came to the Mavericks, everybody said, there's no way this is going to work. I can't believe this. He even called himself bad goods. He said, that's how he was perceived. I didn't know how it was going to work out. You know, people are like, oh my god, Kyrie's going to tank your franchise. He was the exact opposite of that. He immediately acquiesced to Lucas, said, this is your team. I could be the robin in the sidecar and man, it worked beautifully. And then this year he's taken on so much with Luca being traded, with all the injuries, playing so many minutes, and you know again, he came into last night averaging over thirty in his last seven games. He's so skillful, and he really is a beautiful human being. He's just an amazing person, and just listening to him speak is always enjoyable for me. And you can tell the way that he's revered throughout the league by his teammates and by all of his peers. I mean, this guy is a basketball god in all these different ways, and here he was stepping up for his squad and I just hate it for him personally, but I also hate it for the MAVs fan base, who's really beat up right now. It's there's there's nothing for them to cling on to right now. And then even if you look at it like I mean, so, I know where a lot of people's minds go as they go, Okay, Ken, we get in the lottery and get lucky there. I mean, just looking at it, I think it's probably just as likely that Portland catches you as Phoenix. They've got so much dysfunction going on. I don't know that they want to be on the floor together, which we may see more of how that plays out. Hell Phoenix might be sitting there going, oh my god, did you see what happened to the Mavericks? Now is our way back in? Let's get it together, and maybe that galvanizes them and they go on some long run. But uh, it's just it's really hard for the Mavericks fan base to have something to latch onto because as the Lakers descend to the two seed, the Mavericks just keep getting one bit of bad news after another. And so the day that the story comes out, I mean it was inevitable that the Mavericks were going to raise ticket prices that didn't have anything to do with anything other than it's a new ownership group and they're putting money into the arena and they're making those tickets a premium. And the day that that new story broke, even more bad news comes your way. And I was just looking up on the TV and I saw, you know, whenever. So there's reporters that are just plugged in. Guys, right, they don't like break down basketball. They talk to agents and they talked to front office people and they break news. Scham's is one of those guys, and you know, you tend to read between the lines on that stuff. And for him to make the comment that Anthony Davis and his people are going to have to have hard conversations with the Mavericks, that is code for Anthony Davis is about to ask out of you.
Speaker 2: This is what Seams is saying. I'm not saying this.
Speaker 1: Anthony Davis is about to ask out And you know, I'm sure you know you guys have seen lots of commentary. It's like, well, you got to trade Adena, you got to tear the thing down. There's all this stuff. And in the middle of all that stuff, the Mavericks just got on a plane to fly to Milwaukee. Like those guys, they have to go play twenty more games regardless of who's there. Klay Thompson just signed his first of probably his final deal. You know, as an NBA player, he's a Hall of Fame player. He signed here for a title run and there couldn't be anywhere further away from that then right now. No, and if if Kyrie's out for twelve months, you know, nine to twelve months is the is the recovery period. You know, he may not be back before even the trade deadline next year. And you know this thing with Shams if Ad is saying if a D if you believe that, is like, okay, we're They're gonna have some hard conversations. He may not want to miss next year because if Kyrie's not able to play all of the next year, as Ad, you're looking at, I'm at the end of my run here, how do I maximize the final years of my career? I want to go contend well without Kyrie, You're not going to contend, presumably, so he may say, trade me to a contender, and then that expedites everything with the Mavericks and they start looking at, okay, are we just looking for young players and big? Are we completely rebuilding? You know what happens to some of these other guys. You know, these other guys have one year left and are winning pieces because they were brought here to be a winning piece around Luca.
Speaker 2: Other teams would have interest in those guys.
Speaker 1: Who do they go into a complete sell off at that point. It's just it's an amazing turn of events to have them in this situation, just months removed from being in the finals.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is unfathomable.
Speaker 1: And you know, I'm not this idea that this is some sort of karma. You know, if you're gonna go down that route, that road, then realize it's Kyrie's career that's being punished.
Speaker 2: Like that's that's a really weird in my opinion. What is that I'm not seeing that.
Speaker 1: I've been texted with it constantly. What is it like, Look what Luca did, Look what Nico did to everybody? So this is karma against the franchise, and it's like, I don't go to those places.
Speaker 2: I mean, you could get to insert a little bit of reality into it. Maybe you could say Kyrie's had to carry a heavier load for the last six weeks, which we've talked about that on the on the actual game show.
Speaker 1: But that was a freak injury bumping knees with Big Boy to begin with his right knee, which caused him to land awkwardly on his left. What the conversation, and I again I'm uneducated about this. What the conversation becomes is when your body is worn down, could it have withstood that in a way? And again, there's a lot of people that are on this side of well all this wear and tear Chilli's.
Speaker 2: A lot of the time though on those conversations. Yeah, that was a big thing with Kobe when that happened a long time ago. Is he was playing virtually every minute of all these games, you know. I mean, that's what happened to KD in the finals right when he was with Golden State. So yeah, man, it's just, uh, it had felt the way that they were playing post All Star Break was you know, showed you how difficult it was going to be, like everything's got to go their way, they got to make shots and all this stuff, and so it was already starting to feel heavy, and then that happened, and it just got so heavy. It was overwhelming.
Speaker 1: Like I was looking at the season as all right, they're gonna have they might get all the way up to seven. They're gonna be in the play in and then they're gonna get everybody back, and then they're gonna be the proverbial team that nobody wants to face. And now it's like, man, if they can hang on to a play in spot, they're still not gonna have the guns to move forward. No I I they have twenty games left I mean, as a fan, it would be great if they lost all twenty. I know that's hard on the players are gonna go win, They're gonna go bust their ass. You know, these guys, Jason Kidd has them playing hard. But you know who who knows. But if you just if you could fast forward to the draft and you suddenly had a top seven or eight pick, maybe you know, it's certainly better, especially if you are looking at all, right, are we gonna retool the team?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You know, if you're looking at it that way, any asset would be would be good for you. I was just gonna pull up of the standings just to see how far you have to fall to get an actual pick that means something to you, right, And really that's so hard to say. It's so hard to say. Like, I'll give you an example. Brooklyn is twenty one and thirty nine. They're in eleventh place in the East. You currently have eleven games on Brooklyn in the overall standings. Yeah, so if you lose all twenty of your games and one of those games is against Brooklyn, by the way, then and Brooklyn goes five hundred, they'll pass you. Right, You're probably looking at the best you could possibly get as a tenth pick, and you might end up being like twelve or fourteen. Yeah, San Antonio is seven games behind you with twenty left right, and they are in thirteenth place. They're still New Orleans and Utah behind them. And then I think you have your pick after next season, and then after that, I don't think you have a lot of Your twenty seven pick goes to Brooklyn, so you've got twenty six, so you'll have this year and next year's picks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you are in a full on rebuild, but you.
Speaker 1: Could be in a position to where like you take this twenty five pick and some players to get a really good player that's a veteran player to stem the tide, and those two guys in a D hold it down until Kyrie comes back, and then you make one last run with the k I'm just saying KD because he's being out there's going to go. If they were healthy, I know that's a huge if, But if they were healthy, I'd like them as much as anyone in the West. Sure we saw it for a half yeah, and not even fully healthy. But when you watch them play with the envy days for a half, You're like, oh, okay, do you know what that did? Now that we're at this point in time, it just made it worse for the fans, right, for them to see a glimpse of that and then never get it right, that's just even more painful. Yeah, it has been a shocking six week turn of events.
Speaker 2: As it is is a movie. It is.
Speaker 1: It is worse than The Brutalist. It's a movie that we won't watch terrible Tale. It does remind me though, of the intro.
Speaker 2: I'll haven't seen the birds know what happens. I love the aalysis heard out the house.
Speaker 3: Right now, you're right, right, right right.
Speaker 2: Right time to do one or time keeping with ill show.
Speaker 4: You're gonna ruling it, except you're simple sweet pursuing it, huddled out Shaw shank through the sewer kid. Now we're chilling at the eagle. Yeah, we're doing it. Three o'clock on the dock. Got a habit for my house, a go status Howard starting to get cratic shows that up multiplied like a rabbit to the end zone out.
Speaker 2: Break it up, feed the habit. I'm wana hang out with a friend, rocking on the radio. My boy's head talking on the radio. It's time to just oh baby, baby, go KTI pristine all the radio.
Speaker 1: All right, So last night before I went to bed, you know, we all have friends and maybe it's you guys, but we all have friends who are really good on their weather apps. Maybe they're golfers or whatever, but they have the best weather apps and they always have a good handle on on the weather situation. So we have a group of we have some people like that in my group, and they were sent it out group texts and it was looking like all right, man, around three or four or five in the morning's past. You know this morning, that's when it's going to be potentially really bad for us. And I know in my home, it's hard to get my wife serious about tornado warnings because she's from Oklahoma and she's lived through so many of them that she just she thinks it's like fake weather for ratings, like let's just talk about tornadoes because the ratings will skyrocket's warning though she doesn't even pay attention to warning. Well, like the alarms could be going off and she's like, oh they have to if like winds are a certain amount there, it doesn't mean doesn't mean there's a tornado above our house, and there was that one time I kind of filmed one that was very near my house. I was but so I woke up in the middle of the night. The storm woke me up, and I'm like, oh my god, that is loud. And I was like, cat, cat, you know, I this may you know. I'm seeing some text messages. Our friends are like in their bathrooms or in their hallways. They're making the moves they need to to protect themselves to their families. She's like, it's fine, it goes back to sleep.
Speaker 2: So I'm like, what do I do?
Speaker 1: Do I save myself and my kids? I say, let it crack, right, But ultimately I just fell back asleep. She was giving the behavior of someone who doesn't want to be saved.
Speaker 2: That's right, thank you.
Speaker 1: That's and that's what a lot of Christians believe, that they don't want to be saved. Did did either of you guys get woken up by bad weather?
Speaker 3: I was woken up our alarm going off. I guess alarm, Yeah, I guess because the power went out for a split second. Yeah. I was a little freaked out because I was the only one awake. It was like five am and that alarm's going off, and now when Soroy goes to bed close to it, and so neither of them woke up. Neither of my roommates woke up to this alarm. It was just me, and it was so freaking loud. But yeah, I was kind of scared. I was like, what if someone actually did break in? But Hendrix would have done something anyway.
Speaker 2: For those storms always the best time to break in.
Speaker 3: So right, So yeah, once I kind of realized no, no, no, no, there's a storm, it went off because the lights went out. That's all I dealt with. But there was a tree that went down across the street from me, a pretty big tree.
Speaker 2: Oh wow. Yeah. I've got an update at five ten on all the damage through DFW, and it is a lot. Did you get damaged? I was good. I was in the clear. Woke up with the siren. As you know, it was just going off because of straight line winds that are above fifty mile per hour or whatever it is. But yeah, I got lucky this time. You off to replace offense Naya.
Speaker 1: Coming up next, we'll do a gene Hackman update and I'll tell you the fun that I had in my house at five in the morning.
Speaker 2: We'll go next. That's right. It is the Bend and Skin Show.
Speaker 1: Jerry ninety seven point one the Eagle, thank you for hanging out with us today. We got lots and lots to get to and I know we kind of started off on a bomber with Kyrie News, but hey man, it's the biggest story going dude.
Speaker 2: On the Associated I'm sorry to cut you off. On the Associated Press website. It is the number two story on there on Olive ap Number one is Tariffs. Number two is Kyrie three Marty Girl.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we do have an uplifting story because I don't know that I'm excited about Tariff's either.
Speaker 3: About Marty gral Oh No, what happened? The winds kind of ruined it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they've had to cancel some parade activities and things like that.
Speaker 3: What is going on in the world.
Speaker 1: I can't anymore Fat Tuesday, bro play more Alison change, Christina coming up next to the rooster.
Speaker 2: No, but that's okay. We got some happy stuff to get cheer up later. We guys, It's okay.
Speaker 4: We do some things.
Speaker 2: In fact, what we can do right now is give everybody BFD tickets y'all want to do that. Yeah, that's good.
Speaker 1: I do here if you know what makes you happy, the iHeart app. If you have it, you can stream, you can play podcast, you can do all them things, and you can leave talkback messages. And that is how we give away our tickets. So we want we want to reward people that listen to the show and remember what we're doing. So here's what we're gonna do today. We're gonna give away BFD tickets May twenty fifth. Dose Eki's Pavilion will be there. It's gonna be a blast, obviously, the headliners Schvelle and Marilyn Manson. If you have it one ticket, you gotta go. Man, it's gonna be an incredible show. But you can use that talkback feature and you can leave a message. So the third person that leaves their name, their phone number, their email address and can tell us where did we do the show from last Friday?
Speaker 2: We were on remote.
Speaker 1: If you're a regular listener, you know it's one of our favorite places. We did make a little bit of a drive to get there. The third to tell us you win BFD tickets and we will party with you on May twenty fifth. Now before we get to the Hollywood Shuffle. I want to tell you guys this right quick. We're just talking about storms blowing through, and you know, you have a strategy going in. And I got back from the MAVs and it was really uplifting game. So I crawled into bed and you know, the wife has the news on or whatever, and so we have a storm shelter.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you guys have a storm shelter or know anybody has the storm shelter, but basically it's where you keep water and toilet paper and paper towels. And the idea is, oh, there maybe a storm.
Speaker 1: Send the boy out there and let them get everything out of the way because we've turned it into a storage shelter. So we get all prepared, we get everything out of the way in case something happens, and then you know, you go to bed and then I'm woking up. It's like five o'clock and like with Bim Stumbout earlier, it sounds like, you know, we're in the middle of the ocean and the Titanic is sinking or whatever.
Speaker 2: Just sounds just crazy. It's crazy, and so you.
Speaker 1: Know, whenever the it's time, I'm like, it's go time getting the shelter. You gotta wake up the kids, and then you gotta craw three dogs. And as I told you, we have one dog that's like a fifteen year old dog. I think she's autistic. Doesn't let anybody touch her or pick her up unless you want to get bit. She's now also deaf. Oh no, no, yeah, she can't too, right, so you gotta It's just like if the storm decides it's her time, it's her time.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, we good run for Maggie.
Speaker 1: So anyways, I'm kind of half asleep and the wife is on the phone, you know, it's five in the morning, trying to get back to sleep, and then suddenly we are the It's like, okay, the sirens and she was Trisha was just on and she goes, you know, we don't need to do this unless the sirens go off. All right, sirens, all right, I'm good. I'm gonna I'm gonna wake the kids up. Sorry, go upstairs and yelling.
Speaker 2: Kids, go time, come on. We're getting into the thing.
Speaker 1: And then Dad's old delirious okay, you know, and was like I'm coming. So we come down the stairs and I'm like, so two of our dogs are already. They're running around like crazy, and they're already in the storm shelter. And Trisha's like, I'm trying to get Maggie. I'll see if I.
Speaker 2: Can get Maggie.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, all right, well, hell, it's gonna take a while to get Maggie. I guess I'm gonna go take a piss, so I get out. I go to the bathroom, and then the sirens stopped, So the sirens went off for one minute. We got everybody up, we got the kids downstairs, Dez entered the storm shelter, then turned around and walked out. Maggie never made it to the storm shelter. And then literally I think the rain just stops. It was nothing. It was just chaos for three minutes. Wake everybody up. Nobody goes back to bed.
Speaker 2: This is wild drill man. It sucks.
Speaker 1: So my wife won yes because I was panicking too and I wanted us all to get in the storm shelter.
Speaker 2: She's like, Ah, that's not gonna hit her.
Speaker 1: Can I get your wife to go buy our house and put all the toilet paper and water back in the storm shelter.
Speaker 2: We never even got all of our stuff out of there. It was just packed in there. The traditional sirens that would go on forever if you were in a tornado warning, it would have kept going. But now they've done it where in a lot of towns, not every city, but they do it if the winds hit a certain amount I think fifty miles per hour or sixty miles per hour. Oh okay, and then it goes And that's probably why it went off for a minute. And I used to ignore that and be like, it doesn't matter, it's not we're not in a tornado warning. We're good. But after what happened to me last year where a tree if it did go the other direction it lands on my house, it probably kills me. I'm kind of thinking I need a place to go now. When I hear that come out, why don't you drive out to Slene and get my storm sheltered with it? I feel like that would have been driving just up the storm. The storm was inane. I thought that was your thing. I thought that's how I did I drive away from it. Oh okay, yeah, I would have been driving just up the storm. Was a huge line that was going all the way down to Waco. I mean it was crazy. Man.
Speaker 1: You know, it's awkward when you're in an elevator with somebody and you have to have small talk. Imagine storm shelter small talk.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I love it.
Speaker 1: And then the first thing I do is I immediately empty out of water bottle and p in it, just to show everybody what life is going to be like in that time.
Speaker 2: And I while you're doing that, I hit every button to make sure he stop. Man. But right now it's time for this juicy moves. Hot gods ever come stay on top in the hobby woot shovel. All right, Gene Hackman. We've talked about him a lot because you know, he passed away at the age of ninety five. There's a forensic forensic pathologist by the name of doctor Baiden, and doctor Baiden thinks he knows what happened. Now we do have pacemaker results that show he hadn't had an event in like ten days. Yeah, I think Valentine's Day took him out. He was discovered. Him and his wife were discovered by a It was a maintenance guy who was coming scheduled to come do something at the house, change out the AC filter. Probably something like that, which might have been a good plan. Here's what the guy says. Okay, now, I don't know if this is huge breaking news because I think it's pretty easy to come to this conclusion. But I imagine forensic pathologists make more than me, so we should trust their word first, he said, I'm not working on the case, but I've seen the reports. Here's how it might have gone down. He might have suffered a heart attack and collapsed. As you remember, Betsy was found on the floor in the bathroom, with a space heater on the floor next door, and an open prescription bottle on the counter with pills scattered everywhere. She may have run in the bathroom to get his blood pressure medication and fallen herself. It's possible she had a heart attack as well. She was not known to be in bad health, but she was sixty five and under stress in that moment. Or it could have just been an accidental fall in which she hit her head. Authorities have found no evidence of blunt fish trauma, no brain bleed. Wouldn't they have known if it was she died be a head injury or a heart attack. That's the whole thing. So this guy who's not really covering it that close. He's now doing interviews because he's a famous forensic pathologist. This is the TikTok generation. We do have a dog update, though I had not seen this dog, Topsy, the dog that died.
Speaker 4: Down the dogs.
Speaker 2: One of the three dogs. The other two were on the property just having a catch. I thought they were riding a detractor when they found them. One dog that died, it was in its cage or kennel, so it probably hadn't had water for.
Speaker 1: Like nine days.
Speaker 2: It was a bad way to die.
Speaker 1: When I was a freshman at UT, my roommate got a Chinese water dragon. And it's like, it's like a fancy name for a lizard.
Speaker 2: Oka badass. Have you seen one? Isn't that the one with the like yes, real, Yeah, it's got is that where it fans out? Yeah, it's like a lizard. It's like a lizard the hat. Do you realize that is the type of girl you can pick up with one of those?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: See that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what he was looking for when he go to that girl to bar her about Chinese water dragon. Really, can I come and see it to your apartment right now?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: Let me restate the name Chinese water dragon. Oh, so we left for Christmas break and we came back and it was a fossil. Oh, I mean it looked like a thing you could buy at a gift shop when you're leaving the zoo, Like, Yeah, it's it's unbelievable. Stacey murdered that Chinese water dragon with with what he caught. What's the opposite of drowning something and just suffocating suffocating?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's good. Would you rather drown or suffocate? It's a question that could be important in season two of seven, Carl Dean lived a great life. He put the d and Dean we have a non celebrity death legend. Carl a man who just loved to stay at home, go to work, come home, sit on the couch. His brother was a sausage genius. Yes, eighty two years old Carl Deane has passed away. He is the husband of nearly sixty years to Dolly Parton. God, what a great run for that guy.
Speaker 1: I've trade lives with him right now, just because I would to be dead after all the Kyrie news.
Speaker 2: Would you all like to guess where he and Dolly met? I know, I think I heard this the post office. Nope, good guest though.
Speaker 3: Two stepping somewhere A good guest.
Speaker 2: But no, he was a janitor at her when she moved to Nashville at the age of eighteen. That bucks some broad. I don't think she was bucksing back then. She also she had some dirty clothes a laundromat. They met at wishy washy laundromat. God, that guy hit the life lotto there. He just happened to was at eighteen. Okay, so look he was twenty one. Carl could have been anybody. Yeah, was he holds Dolly part right now? Well, I just know because I saw the story he met her when he was twenty one, three years older. Yeah, it could have been anyone. Dolly's new in eighteen. It could have been anyone. Yep. Anyone that's eighty two right now living in Nashville that had dirty clothes had a chance at Dolly Part. I don't think anyone that had dirty clothes. If you had doll if you had dirty clothes in Nashville and we're doing laundry that day at that specific laundry, Matt, you had a chance at Dolly Part.
Speaker 1: I thought I saw a story where she was saying that the story Joe Lean was about a girl who tried to take him away.
Speaker 2: It is That is the truth. They laughed about it over all the years that she tried to take her away.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she was a bank teller, and she said Carl Dean so handsome. Joe Lene tried to get him, so she wrote that song she killed her.
Speaker 2: She didn't kill her. No one was killed in this you're thinking of Don't Fear the Reaper. Wrong. Classic songs. Get him confused. Happens all the time.
Speaker 4: So what did he do?
Speaker 1: Like he was he did he have a profession? I think he was her manager, wasn't he? No, he was not her manager. He actually uh he I think he worked, not in the uh he meane an oil field guy. He had a real job and did it for a long time.
Speaker 2: He just made that up. No earlier, I could promise you, when she was cranking money.
Speaker 1: He wasn't out there in the oil field with all that danger like let there be blood.
Speaker 2: He was just supporting her. I think he said she was a lot and he needed to get away. I'm serious. I I I think he worked. I read this this morning.
Speaker 1: I think he had like a remodeling business that he dabbled in. She owns Dolly World. He didn't need to work, well does she? When did she own Dolly at thirty? I mean this, Okay, let me put you a while to get going. Let's let's do this. Let's do this math. When he was forty, she had or she was a major star with tons of number one hits. Yes, he owned he owned an asphalt paving paving business.
Speaker 2: Oh so he owned a business. Well, that doesn't mean that he didn't spend many years dolling World with asphalt. I want to play this clip of audio one time, Christina. This is from uh, this is back from from Oscars night Sunday night. We didn't get to the Kieren Coulkin speech. Kieren Culkin is amazing and for all this time, his little his big brother, Yeah, mccaullay was more famous than him. And then then he's been acting forever, he's been acting. He was in home alone. He's the nerdy kid. He was in home alone. He had a speech. Now, if you remember last year when he won an award, I think it was the Golden Globes. I think he won one for succession. He said, hey, let's have a kid. You said we could have a kid to his wife and this, and it's very clear when you see his wife in the audience that she did not know he was about to do this.
Speaker 5: Okay, I should oh, I should think my mom and Steve for trying to raise me. H.
Speaker 2: You're really good people. You gave it your best shot. I love you, Mom. I want to really I love you. Jazz.
Speaker 5: Please don't play the music because I want to tell a really quick story about Jazz about a year ago. Is on the stage like this, and I very stupidly publicly said that I want a third kid from her because she said if I won the award, I would she would give me the kid. It turns out she said that because she didn't think I was gonna win. But and people came up to her and were like, you know, uh, really annoying her. I think I think it got to her. But anyway, after the show, we're walking through a parking lot, she's holding the Emmy, We're trying to find our car, and she.
Speaker 2: Goes, oh, god, I did say that. I guess I owe you a third kid.
Speaker 5: And I turned to her and I said, really, I want four, and she turned me I swear to god this happened.
Speaker 2: It was just over a year ago.
Speaker 5: She said, I will give you four when you win an oscar.
Speaker 2: Okay, So it shows her and she there's a little bit more, but it shows her and she's like, it's like, I can't believe this is gonna have this happened. Oh tell this is real. That's awesome.
Speaker 5: I held my hand out, she shook it, and I have now brought it up once until just now. You remember that, honey, you do Okay? Then I just have this to say to you, Jazz, you have little faith, no pressure. I'm really sorry I did this again. And let's get cracking on those kids. What do you say?
Speaker 2: Crazy? What did they win for? He won Best Supporting Actor in the movie A Real Pain, which was not nominated for Best Picture. I've heard it is great. Did she look pissed or happy that she was laughing?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: But she was like, oh my god, like she was shocked, and she was like, I do remember this one time and you have not said anything about this.
Speaker 1: Man, I think I am. I didn't realize this until recently. I'm a big Jesse Eisenberg fan. He's awesome, Like he's dude, really talented guy. He wrote and directed this movie that that guy just won that Academy Award for. And originally his role that he took was the one that Kirie was gonna take, Karen was gonna take. Yeah, and then they reversed it. And so when they reversed it and he won his Oscar for that amazing. All right, good stuff coming up nexton around the Sports, we get back into the Kyrie stuff and and lo and behold, the Dallas Cowboys are trying to bring us some good news to cheer us up.
Speaker 2: We'll have that discussion next.
Speaker 1: All right, this is the world famous been in Skin Show ninety seven point one, The Eagle. By the way, we had those crazy storms in town last night. If your roofless damage or you're you're like, man, I need somebody to get there to make sure I'm good to go, holler at our guy, Randy Parrish Parish Roofing Solutions two one four two two seven eight four eight eight. This segment right here is brought to you by her title Barbecue some of the best barbecue you could ever have in your life. Locations in Mansfield, Fort Worth, and Arlington. Two locations at Global life Field and then one location at the Dallas Farmers Market. Brandon Hurtatto's family recipes. They're spent on Mexque and it is delicious, and now you can get it in Dallas. You can get it in the nine seven two and two one four and Dallas and the Farmer's Market and it is magically awesome.
Speaker 2: But right now it's time for this mom. It's good listeners. Here comes KT one tweets. We're the round. Now, let's cool around the sports. K t queints has all the sports. YEA, So I was at the game last night. By game, I mean the MAVs game where they're playing the Kings second quarter and Kyrie Irving is exploding towards the basket and he bumps knees and just has a little contact with that truck that plays for the Kings. Jonis valancis that guy, can't. I mean, he'd bump into anything. He's a mountain.
Speaker 1: I thought Skin had a great line in the broadcast when he said he did well in the strong man contest. He does look like a guy that would like pull an eighteen wheeler with his beard. Yeah, he just ends up looking like a bar back in deep elm and then you know, Kyrie slides into the front row right there down the court, and now you know, I was on the opposite side of where that was going down. But everyone's standing at that point.
Speaker 2: Once they realize it's Kyrie, right, if you weren't, if you didn't know then or weren't paying attention, is very quickly everyone realized, oh god, and it's quiet in there, very quiet.
Speaker 1: The uh so the angle I was at, I saw Kyrie go down, but I didn't see why or how the angle I was at and he goes down, and then I can't follow us as you know, uh foul on, you know, whatever he says. And then I heard the producer in our ear go oh no.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Like so before I saw Kyrie really or anything, I heard oh no in my head and I was like, oh.
Speaker 2: You gotta be kidding me.
Speaker 1: First thing I saw was him laying down on his belly and he was smiling, and he was looking over at the bench, and I thought he was trying to make it. Maybe his daughters or family member there make him let him know he's not it's not He's gonna be okay. But he was wincing and he was telling the trainer to come over and then dude, for him to stay in and hit those free throws. You know, it was very Kobe esque. You know, Kobe tore his achilles, but just so mentally and physically tough and and such a great example as the leader of his team to get out there and still hit those free throws. Just I mean, I will never tears running down his face. I will never ever forget watching that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dude. I mean when he's walking off and you realize he's got free throws to shoot and I'm like, no, just these don't matter. And then he does it, and then the crowd goes with the MVP chant, which I thought, we can chant the guy's name. I think Kyrie would be a good chance. I've I've long said we need to do better at chanting, though chance have gotten real lazy over the years. Yeah, that was a good time to take that stance. Yeah, but I told my wife right there, I said, well, this is bad, like really bad. But I was like, he's about to knock these down and we will never forget that, Like we will always remember we were at that moment because it was you could feel it. I think like the thing that was so shocking was just how quiet it was when he was holding the ball, Like when you're in a building with that many people and it is that quiet. I mean, part of it was, you know, just him going to the line kind of gives you chills, you know, and you feel it, and it's it's intense emotionally, and you think about what he's going through, and I mean you're thinking about a million things at once.
Speaker 1: But then it got so quiet. It was overwhelming the intensity of it. You know, I think the type of person he is is so different than.
Speaker 2: What my expectations were.
Speaker 1: M M. I was like, oh my god, here he comes to the Mavericks. He's going to be a prima donna. People are like, Oh, he's gonna tear down the team. He's gonna you know, he's a cancer.
Speaker 2: All this all that.
Speaker 1: He was exactly the opposite of that. In every way he has been the exact opposite of that. He's a beautiful person. And the way he plays the game. We were talking about this the other day, like he plays with such integrity. He doesn't flop man, he doesn't really argue calls. If if he is arguing to your point yesterday, it's a good indication that he's probably right because he doesn't do it all the time.
Speaker 2: He leads by example, and.
Speaker 1: He might be the most skilled player to ever play, you know, like to be ampidextrous, truly ampid extras and can you know the game winner he shot over Yokic with his left hand. I mean, he is so unbelievably skilled, Like I love watching him play the game of basketball. And then to have him step up during this time with all this adversity and do all this carrying play all these minutes, even at his age, this just sucks on every level.
Speaker 2: It is overwhelming, Like it is overwhelming.
Speaker 1: I was like when it happened, I was like, all right, maybe we'll get lucky and it'll be a hyper extension. And then it was halftime and someone with the Mavericks walked by me and I was like, are we gonna get lucky?
Speaker 2: And it's a hyper extension. He goes to It's and I saw a slow motion replay on commercial. I mean he's like during the break sliping at my phone for a minute, and I went, oh, we can see it, Like he's no, it's not that it's not in the masspeard. I know they had to put out something that's a knee sprain. Yeah, you know, and that's very common what you would do if there's an ACLSA it's a sprain, and then pratuates because you don't know immediately. Dude.
Speaker 1: I was immediately sending it to doctors that I know, like in asking there and they obviously they're not looking at the patient. But both the doctors that I sent it to thought like from their perspective it was probably an ACL and each.
Speaker 2: One was like, you're looking at nine to twelve months.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, this is what Clay went through. I think twice. Right, did Clay have two a cls? I thought he had an achilles?
Speaker 2: Am I wrong on that?
Speaker 1: Did he have an Achilles and an ACL? I know he had, I know the first one was the ACL.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he had. He had an achilles one time too in twenty twenty, Okay, and they cause AC is the big one he missed back to back years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in the in the prime of his career with the a cl or. Yeah, he had the I think he had the ACL first and the Achilles second. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The AL was in the wasn't that in the playoffs or something?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he had back to back injuries and missed two entire years of NBA basketball in his thirties, crazy and came back and won a championship.
Speaker 2: And after it kind of mixed both free throws and before he shot the second, I said, they can't take him out, like they're gonna play like he can't move. And MAV's assistant coach who was that it was security, was a security just ran out on the court and got a technical technical? Yeah they did. Someone could have fouled, though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, I think he was acting under his own volition. Oh really, I don't think he realized. Yeah, but I mean it's not who cares because I don't see the part of fact. I even said that on Brocks, like who cares about a technical foul?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, absolutely, you know, but do you know usually what you do is you foul. That's what I thought they were going to do. And when they didn't, I was like, and then he saw that, Okay, that guy's credit. He didn't foul. That would have been worse if he's guys, we got a foul.
Speaker 1: Jonas the ref. At first, the ref was almost like I have to give it text, you know, just kind of like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let this happen. You know, that was crazy, so bad news. Let's let's let's move on from hem. Do you have though talking? Oh yeah, yeah, he dude, he's an amazing human being. Listening to this forty he I mean he went live for like seven minutes, so I just pulled like forty five seconds of it and I'm about to play it for you here. I'm ninety seven point one the Eve Okay, yeah, the Home of Dallas Mavericks. At Home of the Mavericks for sure.
Speaker 6: At the same time, how I've been built, not only by my bloodline, but just how I've been building myself over the last few years. Dealing with pain and suffering is just as important as dealing with all the positivity and things that go on and the happiness.
Speaker 2: That you want.
Speaker 6: I just wanted to take this time out. I don't want to get long winded on here. I just want to take the time out to thank each and every one of you that tweeted me, or sent something on Instagram, or send something on any of the social media channels, if you texted me, I just wanted to say thank you so much. You know, it's been a lot of change that's happened very quickly over the last month and some change, you know, So I've been dealing with emotions just with that too. As of right now, I'm gonna take it in stride. I just wanted to tell you guys, I love you, and I'll be updating you.
Speaker 4: Guys.
Speaker 2: I'd like to take this time to tell most of you on Twitter, I really don't like you, man. I think you're bad people. Oh you know, it just depends, you know.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry my being paid it does bring out the worst and all times they just brought out the worst in me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it just it happens. Yeah, the Cowboys did sign o, so Diggy zooa the defensive tackle today four years, eighty million dollars. That's good, right, is a. I think it's a very good deal for all parties. This is how sports works. If you had told me that six weeks ago, had been like wait what they paid him?
Speaker 4: How much?
Speaker 1: And then I read about it for about it a couple of weeks, like, oh my god, we got him for four and eighty that's wonderful. Yeah, this sounds like a smart deal, especially considering we were here and he could get north of twenty six or twenty seven per year, and how important that three technique position is going to be in this defense moving forward, and how good he played last year.
Speaker 2: Sounds like it's they got him at a bargain actually, and weirdly, Ceedee Lamb uh no, this is not weirdly. It's weirdly Ceede Lambould would tweet about it. But Ceede lamb Research restructured his contract. Now what that means basically is he's moved a little money around so the Cowboys could have some more money. And he let a Twitter guy get to him, or at least get on it. Like he answered a question a guy named Bugsy said such a dumb move? Can I ask why? And Ceedee lamb respond with, I want to win and it's gonna take more than just myself.
Speaker 1: Good Obviously, if everyone, somebody reached out to them to say it's dumb to restructure because because Twitter, Yeah, it's it's it's it's Twitter.
Speaker 2: I mean, look, if you do restructure everyone, yeah, it's dumb because you have to pay all that money back.
Speaker 1: Eventually, people can't handle anything remotely positive on Twitter.
Speaker 2: They just can't handle it. They have to s on it and tell you that you suck. I do think they're up to something, and that's that's something maybe as simple as we're going to try to get Mica done real quick, and maybe they're they're doing that, but I also think there might be setting up for the trade route. They're just not they haven't proven they're gonna go do free agent stuff. But the other thing of free agency they did a couple of years ago is trading draft picks for contract and paying that person out. So little Lance Mingo action. Oh yeah, well a little bigger than that. Let's go back to Stefan Gilmore and Brandon Cooks. Yeah, that's your kind of Amari Cooper. That's the template. I think they'll try to play with. But we'll find out free agc is next week. A real man. All right, there you have it.
Speaker 1: There's a round the sports lo and behold the Dallas Cowboys cheer us up with some good news. Nobody saw that. All right, you're listening to the world famous Ben and Skin Show. In this segment right here is brought to you by Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen, only one location in all of DFW, but it's so good that it was named best pizzeria in DFW by readers of the Dallas Morning News. It's located in Plano skin Where exactly is it and why are people flocking there? Well, they're going there because they've heard the news and it is the best pizza in Dallas. Who's telling you that, Well, I'm telling you that, but also the readers of the Dallas Morning News they voted it that way. They have five distinct styles of pizza and all of them Crush Detroit, Chicago, Philly, Tavern, New York in their own Dallas style. You gotta try them all. Great bar grape pasta dishes right there at Preston Plano Parkway.
Speaker 2: It's Andrew American Pizza Kitchen. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 1: And now it's time for Basis week Day up Day, featuring veteran news anchor kt fun tweets.
Speaker 2: Here are the important stories he's currently tracking from around the world. All right, So the storms that hit early this morning is moving in a huge line eastward and it was around like here our part of the metrics where we live in the line, we're on Christina lives in Dallas. I'm in Richardson Skinyer and Allen ben Up. We're kind of the same line about five point thirty example, but you know western part of the Metchbucks got at three four am and it kind of moved on throughout the morning commute. The National Weather Service confirmed that it was an F one tornado that touched down in Irving. Whoa, that's at Pioneer Drive and MacArthur traveled less than half a mile when gust reached one hundred and ten miles per hour.
Speaker 1: Okay, so the F one being the weakest, the F five being the strongest, Yes, is that right?
Speaker 2: Okay? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I saw pictures of an apartment complex that looks like it got beat up pretty good.
Speaker 2: I don't know, there's a lot of stuff like that, but I say it back to there's a F zero two, which is dumb. It should be one through five on the Fujita scale, but it's what it is. Do you like F one? Mary one kill one?
Speaker 3: I love watching F one?
Speaker 2: I do like, yeah, formula F f m K your favorite F one drivers KT. Why don't you do our show? No, that's incestuous.
Speaker 1: No, I mean, just for the sake of you should do it. Kevin, clearly you kill Christina Ben's the Marrion tape inerving a tree fell on top of a house of a fella, god, what would you do?
Speaker 2: I mean, you're what in the hell your tree that you've known all this time lands on your house and destroys your house.
Speaker 3: That you've known. If we do have a giant tree, and I was scared of that this morning, and you don't think about it.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, that's a weird relationship Kevin has with his trees.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, I've been through a lot. Uh part of a tree across the street flew several feet and damaged one of this guy's vehicles. Too uprooted and over and this is why I learned. I've got a guy who does some tree work over and fourth knowing for a long time, and he was explaining to me, Uh, root rot. Do you guys know much about root rot? If your tree's got root rot, then it's more susceptible during high wind events like this to being uprooted because it's got root rot and not good strong roots. Did this guy try to sell you some root rot insurance? No, I've noticed that. I was a kidd good guy.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 1: For us, in our we don't have to worry about root rot as much. We got to worry about poor trampoline stability. Uh time down right, that wind gets under those trampolines. They go flying around the suburbs.
Speaker 2: When I had that mess last May, when the big tornado, well the high wind event, and that uprooted my tree in the backyard and took out my neighbor's fence across the alley. In the alley there was tornado, and I was like, I mean there was a trampoline and I was like, God knows who's trampoline this is, but it's there and it's all ripped up and sideways. But it's like it could be from two neighborhoods down because my neighborhood was destroyed. The National Weather Service, I'm sorry, I'm sorry. Encore says more than three hundred thousand customers were without power as of six am this morning. I lost power, Yeah, my wife. I asked her. I was like, is your phone charge? Because I'm always charged? And she was like, nope, forty nine percent on her phone. I was like, what are you doing? Way there bro about to lose power. Winds tore off part of the roof on Plano West High School. All right, Well, three hundred flights delayed at DFW. Sixty eight flights delayed at love Field. Name them well, I know there was one that was from George Bush to DFW that got delayed because our boss Elliott was supposed to have a flight get pushed back. A little bit far north Dallas is where we'll go now, marsh Lane. There's an apartment complex had multiple buildings, buildings that collapsed and chimneys were blown off some roofs. Chimneys, not Chiminya's were lifted up and thrown around. No, because the chimney of Craze disappeared in like nineteen ninety eight. It really did come and go it. Kevin went so fast I got.
Speaker 1: An I think it's gonna make a resurgence. I'd like to sell you mine, dude. I would like to you know what I'd like to do. I'd like someone to make me a good offer to get rid of my pool. Didn't you get a hernia lifting up one of those?
Speaker 2: Now it was a pumpkin. It was a giant cement pumpkin. It was the heaviest thing ever.
Speaker 1: And it was like it was in my old house where I wasn't able to take it through the house because it was so big it wouldn't fit through the door, so I carriet it around on the side. And then when I finally set the thing, and it was like kind of had to, you know, walk it like a little duck because it's so heavy.
Speaker 2: And then when I set that thing down, I was like, man, it doesn't really feel good. And there that sucks.
Speaker 1: Think something happened. Okay, back to your pool situation though. Yeah, now that our kids are older, I too would be okay, get rid of the pool. And I told you that I had a neighbor who got an estimate. I don't know what type of pool they were trying to get done, but I remember pools used to be seventy five grand and one hundred grand and one hundred and twenty five grand, And then I heard of somebody getting one for like two twenty five and they had a little bar in it and all this stuff. These guys went and got a pool estimate and it was half a million dollars. Just insane, half a million dollars for a pool for a water park. Yeah, I don't know what all it entailed. I want I want to know how much it costs to fill my pool up and turn it into like some nice landscaping. Just filled up the concrete, put the turf over it. Yeah, put some turf over it. I don't I want that thing anymore. Is every time I walk out there, another piece of brick falls into another piece of stone just falls into it.
Speaker 2: I'm like, shouldn't we just do this?
Speaker 1: Shouldn't we just sell our homes to younger families who are going to use the pool and'll value it. Yeah, I think that's a I love that idea, and then go way overpay for another home on the market.
Speaker 2: Yeah, everything sucks. McKinny id building was heavily damaged with collapsed walls and overturned construction trailers. Terran County. Two eighteen wheelers were tipped over by the wind on thirty five and Dell earn Hart Boulevard. Never would have happened on Dale's watch. I'll tell you that much. Is that over in Rowanoke? I take it? Yeah that area. Yeah. Another eighteen wheeler overturned in Gainesville, Okay, Arlington, get this trees down blocking Fielder Road in Arlington, Okay, blocking traffic. Huge tree getting knocked over because root rot.
Speaker 1: Probably over there by where Prince Fielder once applied his craft.
Speaker 2: Last up day, Louisville Benjamin Moore Paints Warehouse had a big hole in the building because of this and this, I mean, this thing attacked the entire metroplex. Usually it's a couple parts of it. Some people get it worse. I think everyone got it equally because this thing was just sliding right across in one huge line.
Speaker 1: But we're we're not through the woods right in this, like the the window. Like we're gonna start getting a lot more of these what you.
Speaker 2: Mean like springtime? Yeah? Problem, Yeah, I think it's pretty good this week.
Speaker 3: I did think we were expecting another storm tonight.
Speaker 2: Rightly, Oh we are. I'm not expecting. What are your models saying? I got little expectations? So okay, what do your models look like? That pretty late, laying low honestly, for it's gonna be windy tomorrow. I'm windy. How what are his models?
Speaker 3: No more storms for a while, No, I don't think so.
Speaker 2: Some high winds, all right, you know, just some high winds that the high winds will continue, which is creepy and bad.
Speaker 1: My app shows a picture of those winds. You know, you say at each hour, yeah, and there's like winds, like a picture of wind.
Speaker 2: It's my fear. Not that I'm losing sleepover it or anything, but the winds start fires and we have we turn into the Hollywood Hills even though we don't have hills. Didn't we get a bunch of rain last night? Not really, not a bunch, didn't. I'm not a not like five inches? We got like half an inch on my gauge.
Speaker 3: I was about to ask.
Speaker 2: In send Rocky out there to go look at the rain game. I do it myself. I'm a man. Damn what you're saying that women don't have the capacity to figure out how to do that? They can do it. But it's kind of my deal, you know, I the rain gage. I'd like to distance from that sexism. Honey, why'd we buy this chiming ere?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 2: If she wanted to get competitive and to have her own rain gauge on the other side of the lawn, wouldn't that freak you out? If it showed way different results? What an inch and a half and over here we got three tenths of an inch? Happened to lose that one? It's like that sportscaster. I got a bullet train update. Well, I feel like I've been giving bullet train updates on this show since I joined it in twenty thirteen. But I think you have man the Dallas to Houston high speed row, and you guys have been talking about it in conversation since the late seventies, so, I mean, this has been a story for a long time. But Amtrak is now expressing interest in developing the route, which has been talked about for decades. Literally now they're looking for something that they call a quote delivery partner to manage the design and construction, and it would be a ninety minute train to Houston. Is that necessary? Well, I was thinking about this in terms of our our management. You know, our bosses are spent a lot of time in Houston back and forth a lot, but that's four or five hour drive, give or take. So it's like the ninety minute bullet trainer would be great bulletin managing people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've done I've done the I don't know it's technically a bullet train, but the train ride from New York to Philly it's a nice way to roll, man, it really is. I mean, if you're not like rental car person, it just puts you in the heart of the city. So, I mean, I think it would be great, and you can. It's easier to work on a train than it is on an airplane. So if your business guy going back and forth, I see the value of it. I just don't see why there's that much necessity to get back and forth from Houston to Dallas.
Speaker 2: Now you know what I mean, Oh, people going back and forth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean there's so much so like there's so many office buildings that are empty, and how many people are assuming and but it's like that there's that those.
Speaker 2: Are the two cities that are doing the most business in Texas. Do you all know anybody that farts around with von Lane? I've heard of those. I heard of luxury buses. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think our buddy Cido does that. Okay, I think it's I think it's the thing for a businessman to do. And I guess the bullet train would interfere with the von Lane experience.
Speaker 3: It could be fun to go to like sporting events down and you Yeah, I've been to the Jackson Stadium in that stadium's awesome.
Speaker 2: That or concerts here, yes, because there's sometimes artists who, like I've hit Houston, but I didn't come through Dallas, and you're like, what the hell? You could run?
Speaker 1: You could run to Houston and get Bunbee's Trillburger for lunch and come on back get a nice little afternoon.
Speaker 2: We as the problem is the acquisition of the farmland that you would need for this. But that's where Europe's got it. I mean, God, just from zoom zoom zoom all over the country, and we just can't do that. And I imagine we'll be talking about the bullet train when I'm into my one hundred and twenties and thirties. You know, one more story, did you guys? You know I'm gonna play audio here? Actually, you guys know popular band Puddle of Mud yep, the lead singer West Gatland. Hey, uh no, he's claiming he's gone through a lot. They had a rough show over the weekend. I want you to listen to West here. Christina.
Speaker 3: I suck, I suck and I suck, but I was ruffie.
Speaker 2: My old bass player Sawn sam and rufied me last night. Okay, all right, they say it's old bass player. His old bass player roofied him last night. Now I'm not clear if they were hanging out or what happened on the allow clip of him singing, But I don't is it revenge? It's a bad fan recording, so I don't know. It's hard to tell. And honestly, that's kind of how he always sounds. I think it's very strange that he's just like, I suck, I suck, and I suck. My old bass player rufed me last night.
Speaker 3: So that's why I sounded like weird, very weird.
Speaker 2: Why did he sound like that when he did that Nirvana cover?
Speaker 3: See exactly? That's that's why it's like, I don't know why why he would even say this, because he's probably it's probably not true. Yeah, probably not true. He's a he's a lot to take.
Speaker 1: All right, Good job, there you have it, Thank you, Kevin. Coming up next, let's talk TV shows. At what point do you know that it's time to bail on a TV show? We'll talk about that in all the Best shows on TV next, Ben.
Speaker 2: And skin Show, Nice one point one the Eagle. Thank you for hanging out with us today. Don't forget BFD tickets will be giving even more way tomorrow. Listen all day every day for your chance to win. May twenty fifth, you're gonna have Chavelle and you're gonna have Marilyn Manson at the Dos Equis Pavilion, plus a big old bill. We're gonna be there. It's gonna be great Memorial Day weekend. Do not miss it. Get your tickets for BFD.
Speaker 1: Now, Bennett's time for our Mavericks Minute, brought to you by the Sunset at McKinney Amphitheater, where you can own a piece of Dallas's most luxurious amphitheater by going to Sunset Texas dot com. But obviously there's one story, and one story alone, and that is the torn acl of one Kyrie Irving. And it is hard to imagine what the next few weeks you're going to be like for a team that was already struggling and now they're far and away their best player is done until probably the middle of next year. Yeah, I was trying to think if it's the saddest I've ever been about the MAVs, and the MAVs of the nineties were rough, but.
Speaker 2: Hope was on the horizon. At least we had hoped at that point, and after.
Speaker 1: A while you got used to them because they were bad for a decade. They weren't in the finals of the year before, and then all that happened. My thoughts have turned to, Okay, what is going to happen?
Speaker 2: Here? Are they going to rebuild?
Speaker 1: I don't know, you read all sorts of stuff out there, but these are tough times. But man, I love Kyrie. I love watching him play the game of basketball. Every time he plays, it's like a love letter.
Speaker 2: To the game.
Speaker 1: And I've even enjoyed getting to know the type of person he is, which he's an exceptional human being. And what he did last night step it up to the free throw line very kobesque, you know, couldn't put any weight on one leg and still drain those free throws.
Speaker 2: That was unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Probably should have done some research. Did you see on the internet this is the anniversary of Kobe tearing his achilles?
Speaker 2: Is that right? Somebody?
Speaker 1: You said that on the internet and I just believed it because it's the internet. Look that up, KT and see if you can get on it. Anyways, that is your Dallas Maverick's Minute, brought to you by the Sunset at McKinny.
Speaker 2: What was the day, April twelfth, twenty thirty well, screw me.
Speaker 1: Let's still consider it though, Okay, Roddie by the sunset of M Kenny Ampitheater, Secure your suite now, go to Sunset Texas dot com.
Speaker 2: But right now it's time for this kill. The thing's big. You know, I think we have live in a world where we have twenty four hours. You try to get your eight hours of sleep, but most people don't get that. No, you know, there's no way. You have obligations, you have things you have to do, you have your job, maybe you have kids. I don't know. So if you're choosing to watch some TV or some entertainment with all this content that's out there, you don't want to have your I'm wasted, am I right? Right? Agreed?
Speaker 1: No? And in this date age, I'm always looking for something special to watch and so many times you don't find that, and when you do find it, unfortunately, my viewing habits now where I binge watch it like crazy, and I'm watching a lot of it when I'm super sleepy, and then I can't retain it. It's just it's a weird. It's a weird viewership these days. The style of watching has changed drastically, and then you've also then created the problem where earlier KT was trying to get you better sleep, and you binge watch and you don't get your sleep. So now you're screwed in two ways. Man, you need to do better. It's a bit of a quagmire. We're coming out of the golden age of TV into the mid age of television.
Speaker 2: Now we're in the mid age of streaming. Uh yeah, okay, that's fine. I'm mid like the young people use it. Yeah, mid like. There's a lot of average stuff out there, there's some there's a few really good things, but you got to work hard to find it. And do we all agree with what the best things out are right now? Probably watching maths? I mean, what are people watching communally? The only thing that I know that people are watching like as a community are is Severance. Okay, I think Severance is the best thing on right now. I would agree.
Speaker 1: I saw Ben Stiller on Kimmel last night, and did you guys know that him and Derek from Step Brothers. Forgot that Adam Scott, Yeah, they do a Severance podcast. Yes, I was sent to me yesterday. Okay, have you checked it out yet? I have not checked it out yet. I think that for a show like that, that's a good companion that show. The vibe reminds me of Lost in a way that I'm not comparing it to Lost, but Lost was such a big mystery, and I you know, whenever I watch an episode of Severance, I go out and search for things on the internet to explain it, and then I find out about all these other Easter eggs. It's like super super deep. I think White Lotus is really good too. I think it's on on the elite level.
Speaker 2: I'm not caught up yet. Episode three was the one that aired Sunday night. I will catch up soon, but I we know, like that's got a two season track record of being good. I'm going to jump into episode two of season one here in the next And the key is those are both shows though that are jumping dropping episodes Sunday nights or on the Apple. For Severance, it's on Friday, you know, So there there it's the weekly thing where you can't binge it unless you're behind. Are y'all cut up on Severance?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I am so, y'all know that's Canu Reeves. Yes, okay, the building, yeah, boiler.
Speaker 2: No, I mean it's you've already seen the show.
Speaker 3: No, I haven't watched. I'm gonna start episode one, actually episode two, season one tonight.
Speaker 2: Oh really, let's watch it together. I gotta get caught up. Okay, what else? What else is on that level? With Severance and the White Lotus right now? Right now, that's going. Yeah. I like The Floor with Rob Low.
Speaker 3: Now, dude, watched The Floor last night.
Speaker 2: We kind of quit.
Speaker 3: I like shows like that. Like I joke about trash TV because it's, like you mentioned, I have so much crap doing going on during the week that I can't have something where I can just sit and actually watch. I need something I just in the background where I can kind of watch it while I'm doing all the other billion things I need to do.
Speaker 1: The thing I'm most excited about is when ever the Bear comes back, which isn't a couple of months, right, that's elite?
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe, Junior, maybe. I mean we've got Righteous Jimstones coming back on March ninth. I'm pretty pumped about that. You guys, how caught up? Are you?
Speaker 1: Like you completely caught up? Do you think it's like fine and just jump back in where it is? Or is it the kind of thing I need?
Speaker 2: You need to watch season two and three because season two and three are much better than season one.
Speaker 1: I've bounced around on that one a little bit. Anything that has Baby Billy in it, the actors what's his name? I mean, we're in the gagaissance right now. I think maybe the third best thing on TV right now is Luca and the Lakers. See now, that is where we're going to have a difference of opinion. Not me, dude, you get Austin Reeves too. It's incredible views. It has become painful. So I found this article today as I want to do. It's an odd thing that people like we done, and it is.
Speaker 2: Titled how many episodes should you watch before quitting a TV show? A statistical analysis and you guys know I love stat and analysis. Yeah, I'm gonna read you this one quick paragraph because I thought this was really good some series. I'm sorry, I lost my spot. That's a problem. Some TV shows take a while to get good. Modern classics like Breaking Bad, The Wire, Community, and BoJack Horsemen are notorious for starting slow and are often recommended with a disclaimer like give it a few episodes, I promise it gets good, which people did to me with the wire people did to me with the Sopranos. Yeah, no one ever did that to me. With Breaking Bad. I had to have that.
Speaker 1: I mean, I knew the whole world was watching Breaking Bad, but I wasn't you jump in like season three? Well, season four was going on, and so I just went back and because you had DVDs back then, I gave you a DVD of season three and never it was never returned.
Speaker 2: Don't worry about it.
Speaker 1: So I went back to the beginning and I watched it from the beginning, and me and my wife were watching like two and three episodes a night, and then we got caught up with everybody in season four.
Speaker 2: So that was really fun.
Speaker 1: But that show, once you've seen the pilot episode, you're in it does that dude he's in his underwear making a video saying he's turning himself in, apologizing to his family.
Speaker 2: Wonderful.
Speaker 1: That show started off guns of blazing. Like a lot of shows, they ease into it. So I don't even think that fits the description you're talking about.
Speaker 2: Well, this is where I'll tell you what I does. Get a little slower, Like episode two and three of season one of Bringing Better Slow, my wife's sister saw it. She's like, I watched the first episode. I didn't like it. It's like, well, you saw a white guy in his underwear in the Grand Canyon or whatever. So they've got a little list of episode of shows it's based on, like their episode of rating on like IMDb or something, uh huh of like when the show actually took off. Now one that they don't mention it as one is always stuck with me. Parks and Rec's first season was six episodes, okay, and they had a writer strike, but they came back, and I remember it was the first season Parks Rec sucks. No, that's not true. The fifth and sixth episode start to get better.
Speaker 1: Parks and Rec had the benefit too of everyone thought it was an extension of the off because of the format.
Speaker 2: Yeah people, yeah, there's no one was doing that or whatever. Yeah, but then you see season two it does take off into something else.
Speaker 1: Man, the number one show that takes the longest to get going, but it is the most rewarding of old time is clearly the Wire.
Speaker 2: Like it took a while.
Speaker 1: In fact, they in fact season two, they drug you through this thing to where you don't realize Season two is good until you finish the series like that was a very methodical, deliberate show that pays off way at the end.
Speaker 2: And now a lot of people won't go give it a shot because it probably looks really old. I mean, and I'm like, I get it. So on this list they have breaking Bad on there and it says episode six is when it really took off. Okay, I couldn't tell you I would disagree because I would say in the beginning, here's a famous one though, Seinfeld episode sixteen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Seinfeld took a long time. Yeah, you know those are all on Netflix now and I've gone back and watched some early ones.
Speaker 2: They are not good. It's rough. Yeah, it's very rough. But once you get to like season two and three, very good. Yeah. Uh always sunny in Philadelphia episode eight. Really I had a disagree on that Mackin right off the rip. I too, now it's it looks old and cheap because it is is. I mean, it's five people that handheld. I mean, it's very strange they Uh. Oh, of course, I'm gonna mention BoJack Horseman Friends seven episodes before it got to its like highest episode rating. Uh, south Park eight episodes do y'all remember South Park? Was that an immediate hit?
Speaker 1: South Park I thought was an immediate hit if I remember correctly, like and but also you know, different era cable era Comedy Central. But I remember there was so much buzz around South Park, and part of it had to do with George Clooney being a gay dog.
Speaker 3: Do you guys really yeah realized it was yeah early.
Speaker 2: On South Park that was ninety nine, Yeah right, yeah, yeah, ninety seven vers ninety seven.
Speaker 3: The movie was about five though one of its.
Speaker 2: Original ris writers, Bill Hayter, Is that right? I didn't know that. They also said, like how long should you stick with the show? And they got a little chart here. It's obviously season the quality of a TV show if you have ten seasons. This graft's amazing because once you get past season five, these shows aren't getting that they've peaked at five and that is the end, like it should end it there Breaking Bad maybe our loan example, Now, how many seasons with the Sopranos, though I thought it was five y five? The Wire was five? Bringing Bad ended up having like that weird sixth season that was like a two season thing. Yeah, but once you start with at season two, I mean, it's amazing how it goes on. Two and three, those are the meeting, and after that it's gonna get worse, way worse. The shows that had the most the biggest falls though House of Cards I loved it, and then probably.
Speaker 1: Around the end of season two, I was like, I'm good. And it was even before Kevin Spacey became unbearable Cards, it was worth watching. First couple of seasons are good if you can separate the Spacey from the yeah everything.
Speaker 2: I see him in now.
Speaker 1: I even had a hard time watching uh, The Usual Suspects the other day, so I'm like, well.
Speaker 2: You know, in this he's a disgusting scumback senator.
Speaker 3: So they killed a dog and like, was that the first episode?
Speaker 2: It was early and I was out. Yea, when he pushes the girl and when the train's coming and he pushes the daughter of the owner of the Steelers and the Giants, what's your name something, Mara? Oh yeah, pushes her in front of the train. Yeah, it was like, whoa, this guy means business. And then he was off the show in a few years because I because he did in real life did some bad things allegedly. Yep, all right, that's good. Kevin Wendy out there, man, I don't know that that helps. All right, that's gonna do it for us today.
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening. We'll never forget the time KT saw Kevin Spacey. He looked him dead in the eye and he said, did you know that butterflies?
Speaker 2: They studied them across the Atlantic Ocean only took eight days. That is the worst fun fact ever.
Speaker 1: Stick around, Christina is gonna play some music next right around ninety one point one the Eagle.
Speaker 2: Here you going, well, I'm gonna get my sock back, dude, all right,