Speaker 1: My Billy Cunningham, the Great America. Let's continue now, and of course the weather's pretty good right now, but in the next day or two's going to have forty degree temperatures and maybe a little bit of rain, which you need. Then back to zero next week for three or four days. As Notre Dame marches for glory Monday night against Ohio State. When I watch all the documentaries of Marcus Freeman, I just feel like that's the guy. He converted to Catholicism. He's taking the boys to mass It's a wonderful thing. But Ohio State could be unbeatable, untied, unscored on Many on ESPN say that Notre Dame will lose by thirty or forty points to Ohio State. We'll see what happens, but until then, as you may know, one of the great legal think tanks in America is the Pacific Legal Foundation, and they have chronicled for years the failures of liberal democratic policies that have failed every American city, including Cincinnati, including Austin, Texas. Chicago just named the same. And if the Democrats liberals are in charge for decades, there's complete crisis in the decay happening and joining you and I now is Mark Miller, Senior attorney with the Pacific Legal Foundation. Mark Miller, welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. And first of all, let's go a couple days before the mayor, Bass took off for Ghana to celebrate the inauguration of some female executive there. She left as the Santa Ana winds were predicted to be one hundred miles an hour. She left as it was bone dry after two years of too much rain and which to fully duly grew to a great height. In the last six months have been rather dry, which happens in a desert climate and the grasslands. That's what happens. It's part of mother nature. So she left anyway, So Mark Miller tell us just the regulatory requirement, the ability to open up new businesses, the ability to build a home. Just before this particular La disaster. What was it the land of milk and honey or was it difficult?
Speaker 2: Well, Bill, it's great to be with you and I.
Speaker 3: You know, California used to be the land of no in honey, and it's you introduced me. You mentioned on a Pacific Legal Foundation. We were founded in California when then Governor Ronald Reagan was sued and he said, why are there no conservative organizations that represent the little guy?
Speaker 2: And so Pacific Legal Foundation.
Speaker 3: We remember California as the land of milk and honey, but unfortunately, whether it's Los Angeles or San Francisco, you know, the regulatory state, the laws of the state, the local ordinances have made it a place where people are leaving in drogs. And it's because of you know, examples like the fires.
Speaker 4: You know, it's rare that we see such a concrete example in our TVs every day, but so many decisions are made in Sacramento, in the state capital, and in the cities like San Francisco and Los Angeles, you know, mayor baths in this case, then you can understand why.
Speaker 3: People are leading the state in DROs and it's just a tragedy to see what's happening because of the mis management in Los Angeles and the area.
Speaker 1: And Mark Carley, the Californians, especially the far left and radicals that destroyed San Francisco and Sacramento in La coined themselves. They fashion themselves as caring about the environment when their policies have destroyed the environment. Isn't that somewhat ironic.
Speaker 3: It's utterly ironic, and it's entirely predictable. And this goes back to the environmental laws that were come up at Patched.
Speaker 2: In the seventies.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately any of them other President Nixon, in fact, in danger Species that clean water acts, where we said where Congress said that at any cost, no matter whatever the cost, we elevate the environment.
Speaker 2: We elevate in endangered species.
Speaker 3: And so instead of balancing human needs versus nature needs and making sure humans can drive, which then allows us, which allows us a market to protect the environment, instead we put these heavy regulations, heavy restrictions on private business, on government, on insurance markets in this case where people are losing their homes and their housing insurance and their property insurance right before the fires, and we make it hard to get a living and we end up destroying the environment here at the local level.
Speaker 1: In and Mark Millery, your column with the Pacific Legal Foundation, talks about President elect Trump's recent remarks about the Endangered Species Act and his protections for California's smelt raise a critical policy issue that intersects with the ability of Californias to make reasonable productive use of their land. It isn't just the shmelt and the spawning. It's also the spotted cockroach was located somewhere and that stopped an Interstate Highway exit ramp. It's also a bush, literally, a shrub has some special protection that the California's given a shrub or a bush because the bush serves as a site where hummingbirds mate. And so I'm looking at no balancing act whatsoever. And I read, of course I had a general bad feeling about California. Now it's gotten worse, and that I had a guest on a week or so ago who's a home builder. Instead, it takes about five years to build a new home in Los Angeles County because there's state regulators, there's county regulators, they're city regulators. You have to do an environmental impact study. When you put an addition to your home that may touch the land, you have to wait for months or years to get in line to get the environmental impact study done or whether the spotted cockroach may be affected. And God help you, if you locate that special bush, that special shrub somewhere on your property, it stops everything until you have mitigation and so according to this home builder, he said, it takes three to five years to get a permit to build a home or add an addition to your property. And that says nothing about the terrible regulations on businesses that keep them from operating. And so when your column talks about productive use of the land, and it's a balancing act whether or not we should have reservoirs that can save human life and billions of dollars, or do we have a spotted cockroach. Those are the options. And always the cockroach, the bush and the smelt beats humankind and causes human death. The liberal Democrats who care about the environment so much destroy it. And so what do you anticipated be different under Donald Trump when he seizes the presidency inaugural day.
Speaker 2: Well, first of.
Speaker 3: All, Bill, I gotta say, preach, I think everything you said is spot on. And what's amazing as you started with that delta smell, that the fish in northern California, that because of the needs that fish, we flush billions and billions of gallons of water into the Pacific Ocean rather than allow that water to flow naturally to the south, which isn't to say President Trump when he complained about the fish wasn't saying, Gee, that water would have been immediately, you know, put in the reservoir that was empty there in palace case. His point is the larger point that you're making that the environmental regulations that we have in place the elevate environment theoretically over everything actually number one or counterproductive for the environment, as you said that set out and number two don't balance these humans. And I think with the new administration coming in, I think you're going to see with any luck, what we need build is we don't need just regulations be written, because if we rewrite regulations that the next president of the next Democrat president can rewrite them again or executive order even worse. Yes, it's good for the time that Trump's in office President Trump's in office, but once he's no longer in office, if we have a Democrat in place, it could be rolled.
Speaker 2: Backs on day one. We need laws amended.
Speaker 3: If we're going to keep the Clean Wator Acting place, we need to amend it to make it more reasonable and constitutional. Same thing with the Data Species Act. These are laws that infringe the ability to produce energy, infringe the ability to use your property reasonably in a way that doesn't affect your neighbors and these as you said that the homeboilder it takes five years to build. The regulations at the federal level and the local level are out lagus in terms of the way they make it harder for us to use our own property and use our comperty rights, which should be a first class constitutional rights. That's what I think under Trump. You know, I don't want to be naive. He got have four years in office, but he does seem to have a better handle the second time around on what needs to happen to as he says, make America great again.
Speaker 1: I saw in one of the morning talk shows about California itself maybe going under complete federal control, like in a receivership, because California is destroyed by any fair measurement, it is a destroyed state with a large economy, and I would think that the last thing the federal government. I'm kind of a local government kind of a guy. I don't want the Feds involved in so much stuff. I want to protect the border, have a great military. Worry about trade right now. China, for example, has a trillion dollar surplus every year with America. They sell us their goods we can't sell them that are goods completely out of whack. But I would hope that Nero Newsom and Karen Bass and Adam Shiftless and Maxine Waters have seen the light. Maybe they've seen the Promised land and that what they're doing is wrong for the environment, wrong for California, and getting us killed in California. But when I read their recent comments, it's been now a two weeks since the terrible wildfires, and they still smolder. I have no idea. I don't think any of these gargoyles from California actually understand what they've done. Do you have a sense that Nero Newsom and Maxine Waters and the Karen Bess understand the folly of their decisions, how they've harmed the environment, harmed the American people, and hurt their own citizens. Is there any indication, Mark Miller, they understand what's going on or not.
Speaker 3: Well. I think what we need, Bill is we need the voters to send them a message that will make them understand. And what we saw this last presidential election is the American voter sent the message that the four years of President Biden, they gave him a chance. In twenty twenty, put aside allegations that the election was stolen. The bottom line, as President Biden was given a chance, and the American public said, you have failed, and so one in hope. So those of us who believe as you and I do built in the American system that the California voters will vote out of all off for people who made the terrible decisions that put the state where it is today. It wasn't that long ago that we had a governor Reagan, and they said earlier, and we had other governor who were who had better senses of balance environmental needs with human needs, and so there's every and awful business needs, and so there's every reason to think the California voter can fix this. I think that's hilarious.
Speaker 2: Worth four.
Speaker 1: You have more confidence in them than I do. But there's about one hundred billion dollars that have been spent by the state of California to solve homelessness. Instead of solving homelessness, that money has incentivized it. So on top of the one hundred billion dollars that Gavin Newson will not allow an audit, we now have maybe as many as a quarter of a million more people that are homeless. There's about one hundred thousand structures affected. If there's two to two and a half people per home, per apartment, per condo, we have two hundred and fifty thousand people on top of the eighty to one hundred thousand homeless living on city streets looking for places to live. I also saw the utility representatives as morning on one of the morning talk shows that talked about the fact that the power lines, of the water lines, the gas lines, the electrical lines all must be rebuilt from the from the bottom to the top. I look at the wooden structures all over Los Angeles that can't be changed out because of environmental concerns. You point out your in your article. The California Coastal Commission, just one of many bureaucracies you have to matriculate, has made redevelopment in areas so hard that many homes remain old wooden structures that caught fire and were consumed instead of more steel and modern materials that might have been resistant. So in Florida, where I have a second home, hurricanes like a big deal. So the hurricane forces the last twenty years, the structures have been hardened. The utilities are underground. The building codes now are quick. You can get things done, but you can't build with certain structures. It must the windows have to be of a certain character. So over twenty years, when the hurricanes proliferated because of the nearness of people to the ocean, the California government did not take its que from Florida when they're working hard to make sure that new structures being built over the last twenty years are hurricane compliant. Over the last twenty or thirty years, as California's encroached closer and closer to the Pacific Ocean and go into canyons, have they done the same thing in California that many governors in Florida has done there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, one hundred percent agree. A couple of points you make. Number one, I think the Florida the California comparison it is excellence because back in ninety eight the state of Florida, we elected in Florida like where your second home is, and we elected Jeb Bush. And we've had twenty plus years now twenty seven years. I suppose Republican and let's put aside politics of just better environmental and business and property decisions in Florida and we've had over a corresponding number of years in California, and look where we are. When there's a hurricane, the governor governor of Santus, we very quickly dealt with the emergency and dealt.
Speaker 2: With helping people who needed help.
Speaker 3: It was resolved almost over night, I mean and just metaphorical, but very quickly, as opposed to in California, where we're watching the entires rage on with little control by the humans and by the California government, and it's horrifying and they've put themselves there and that's why we need better leadership now and.
Speaker 2: The homeless problem.
Speaker 3: Wholeheartedly agree everything you're saying is about red tape, and we just need more housing. And the way we get more housing is eliminate owner with its environmental restrictions, eliminate local overreach and zoning that just tells people, as you said, you have to only live in a wood house. It's just silly in a community that has wildfires that we're going to insist that people can only build wood houses. We need to let people build what they want. Let people build houses that will be more protective from getting you from catching on fire. There's ways to do it, but the California local governments and state governments don't let that happen.
Speaker 1: Can you tell me why, Mark Miller White, is that because it's obvious hurricanes that strike Florida are similar in a sense to wildfires. You know they're coming whether you like it or not. Wildfires have happened in California for a thousand years. It's built in a desert, in a grassland, and it's built to burn out the underbrush. It's built to do that way. So why doesn't the state of California look at what Florida has done and said, you know what, the last twenty years are on the wrong path. The insurance market's another thing, Mark Miller of the Pacific Legal Foundation. The insurance market is I heard, I read that seventy percent of those who have their homes burned out don't have adequate insurance or no insurance. That the avery structure in palass Park is about three and a half million dollars. And these people are wiped out. They have nowhere to live. They don't have clothes, don't have underwear, don't have checkbooks, they got nothing. Their home has been pulverized. And the insurance market, the insurance companies leave California for what reason?
Speaker 3: Well, well, I think that your question why is California handle things the way they do? And it speaks to the same problem we have at the federal level, which is progressive who believe this goes back to the Wilson era over one hundred years versus FDR era was the worst example of it. But they think they know better for the average Americans how the average Americans to live their lives, and they try to control us from afar, whether it's in Sacramento or whether it's in DC, as opposed to the ability and the American ideal the city in a hill that we let americans design for themselves how they're going to protect their house, let them decide what job they're going to have, and let the market figure it out.
Speaker 2: It's a cheaper way to handle things.
Speaker 3: It means less government, and those who are busy bodies who want control insist.
Speaker 2: They know better for everybody else.
Speaker 3: And unfortunately, in California, those busy bodies have been in charge for way too long, whether it's the California Coastal Commission with the fifty plus years of misrule or Sacramento. They think they know better for the rest of us, as average Americans, how to live our lives, and this is where we get where we are in my opinion.
Speaker 1: Well, lastly, I'd say this, when terrible hurricanes strike all over Florida, many like Tony Bender might, We'll be playing golf within a day or two. Once you clean up the golf courses, get back to life, and the hurricane blows through, and away you go. Tony's backshooting two under par, and away he goes. It's okay when another strike. When a disaster strikes California. This morning, on one of the morning shows, one of these so called experts said it will take anywhere from eight to fifteen years to rebuild eight to fifteen years because they don't have home builders. They don't have the capability of insurance. For example, if when you have a home closing, the first thing the closing agent says, you got your policy with you, they have to. In other words, you you can't get a loan from a bank until you have insurance. And you can't get insurance because it's too expensive because of the policies of Democrats, and the same policies exist here in Cincinnati. For example, the terrible storm happened here about two weeks ago, and the city of Cincinnati, controlled by left wing Democrats, cannot have snowplows that work to take off the snow in the ice from city streets, and its shut down large parts of Cincinnati for two weeks. We have the same in common leadership. It's not about a particular person. It's about the philosophy of Marxist left wing Democrats. Whether it's Chicago, Austin, Texas, or LA or Cincinnati or New York City burning up in the subway, it's the same crap going on every and every major American city. The Democrats have taken our opulent, magnificent urban areas and destroyed them. In California's the most recent example. Well, once again, Mark Miller of the Pacific Legal Foundation, thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. And if people need more information, what is your website?
Speaker 3: Yeah, check us out a Pacific Legal Org.
Speaker 1: Thank you Bill for having me on, and Mark, you're a great American. Thank you. All right, let's continue with more half tongue in cheek. But when terrible hurricanes predicted, which is the wildfires were predicted strike Florida, it's an inconvenience largely, and then you build and you move on something. Can you imagine the same hurricanes striking California, what that would be like? It's unbelievable. The philosophy is what has to change. We can't even get snow off city streets for God's sakes. Bill Cunningham with you every day your home of the Bengals News Radio seven hundred WW try Billy cunning in the Great American And I talked to the Hall of Famer Marty Brenhman off the air briefly. He's going to join you and I about one five today to talk about his remembrances of Bob Yucker, who spent fifty four years as the voice of the Milwaukee Brewers Baseball Hall of Famer and local, statewide, and national icon. He fought through many, many different ailments over his life, and he just kept on keeping on. He had multiple health issues, underwent multiple heart surgery, survived pancreatic cancer as well as a buy from a brown recluse spider, melanoma COVID nineteen and more, and he had intended to continue with a cutback schedule, but it was not meant to be and so Marty will be hearing about twenty five minutes to talk about his remembrances of Bob Yuker, who was beloved. Is not really sufficiently strong to understand the heartfelt many in Milwaukee and those related to feeling about the passing of Bob. Buker had a good run. Died at the age of ninety earlier today. We'll talk about that later about a half an hour with Marty Brenneman. On unrelated matters, you might recall that there was an illegal migrant, illegal immigrant, a criminal that was caught with a blow torch walking around parts of Los Angeles. His name is Juan Manuel Sierra and had several run ins with law enforcement over the past nine years in the country illegally for nine years, committed robberies in decent exposure, break ins, car break ins, had about seventeen known run ins with police in Los Angeles, and at no point was he deported because, as you know, Los Angeles is a sanctuary city. California's a sanctuary state, like the city of Cincinnatis a sanctuary city, and so as a consequence, he was never held account for the crimes committed here. And Los Angeles is damn near impossible, will be sent to jail and the end of the country illegally at some unknown location. At least I've been here since twenty sixteen, might have been a few years before that. How many crimes are actually prosecuted in Los Angeles not too many. Noted that now on January the twelfth, Ice has put a detainer on Manuel because it appears he started some of the fires in Los Angeles, but as always, the city of Los Angeles doesn't honor the detainer. He's under a fifty thousand dollars cash bond. We'll see if he gets out or not. And Manuel was subdued by residents and arrested by LAPD with a blow torch. He's an illegal immigrant from Mexico, and the suspect arsonists and the LA fires is an illegal alien with a long rap sheet. He's been protected from the law by Democrats and the deportation has not occurred because of the policies of Democrats. Later on today I have a representative of the Heritage Foundation to talk about another circumstance in which bills have been introduced now in the House and in the Senate to deport violent criminals it's called the Lake and Riley Act. Now, you would think we can all agree that if you're in the country illegally, it's that you've committed a felony by entering the country illegally, and that you're paid by the federal government directly and indirectly to travel around the country free of charge without id. Tried getting on a plane without an idea, what would happen to you? And Abara was one of several members of the Venezuelan gangs that have been imported into the country in order to commit vicious crimes, including against people like Joe Burrow, our great quarterback, whose home was burglarized by a member of that gang. Hard to find him, and he spent at least about a year and a half here at a minimum, going from Texas, came into Kentucky, got to West Virginia all on your dime, got to New York City, hooked up with other members of the Venezuelan street gang, committed numerous robberies and other thefts in New York City over a period of about a year. He was arrested seven times in New York City. But of course, may I add that New York City is a sanctuary city in a sanctuary state, so holders put on him by ice would not have been honored anyway. And under Joe Biden, holders weren't even placed on these individuals. So he kind of graduated up the ladder from minor thefts and car break ins and robberies and other kind of sexual offenses, made his way to the Atlanta, Georgia area, because after all, it was getting cold. And then he locates Lake and Riley, who was a nursing student University of Georgia on her evening run, which was something I understand that has done quite often by students there because the path is along a riverbank and it's gorgeous, and he waited in stealth. She ran by, ran behind her, knocked her down. I won't describe to you the injuries inappropriate, but he basically mangled her face and her body and raped her and then murdered her. And she fought like a warrior poet. There was DNA from a bear underneath her fingernails and other parts of her body. His DNA was found in her body, and her DNA was found on his body. Because she fought like a warrior poet for her life. Now you would think we're going to And by the way, Atlanta is a sanctuary city, Cincinnati is a sanctuary city. And so if we had done our job as Americans not letting illegal alien gang members into this country, none of this crime wave would have happened. Thousands and thousands of gangbangers are all over this country committing crimes, only some of which are reported or known. But in a Bear's case, nine times he was a rested in New York City and each time released and never spent more than seven or eight days in jail for any of the crimes he committed. So things are getting a bit warm in New York City for him. So he and a few of the pals went to Atlanta, which was happy hunting grounds for him. Now you would think when this bill comes up before the you know, I say, it's Congress called the Lake and Riley Act, you would think that even Democrats would say, you know what, No, we have to deport illegal aliens who commit felonies in the US, especially rape, murder, sexual assault, things of that character. We must do that. Don't have a choice, they must go. They shouldn't be here in the first place. But when you have a long rap sheet and you released every time you know what's coming next is murder, mayhem, and rape. And that's what happened with Aberra. So on. On Monday of this week, the bill came up before the House of Representatives to vote on deporting after conviction. I'm not talking about as soon as the arrest is made. Due process rights are followed. That in this country, if you've been convicted of a felony, you must be deported after serving your sentence. In America, that sanctuary city sanctuary states have no more power over this thing. They must go. This wasn't well reported, of course, because it's not good for Democrats, But one hundred and forty five House Democrats voted against the bill to deport illegal migrants who commit sexual assault, rape, and murder in this country. One hundred and forty five Democrats said we're not going to do that, which is almost half the Democrats voted not to deport illegal aliens who commit serious crime. One of them, Jayapaul from Washington State, said, quote, it would create a chilling effect for reporting crimes and empower abusers to go after immigrant women and children. That again that by not deporting illegal aliens, liberal Democrats believe it'll cause a chilling effect for non reporting of crimes and empower abusers to go after more immigrant women and children. That's nonsensical. So the left, somehow in America is justifying not deborting. Rapist pedophiles and murderers are here illegally in the first place. But anyway, it passed the House by a large vote, but one hundred and forty Democrats said no, we need more protections for illegal aliens. Now, I wonder what kind of protections Lake and rileyhead. That's a different issue. So now it goes to the United States Senate, and I watched some of the debate last night, and in order to invoke cloture, which is a fancy term that means we'll go to vote on the bill, sixty United States senators have got to invoke cloture, which is stopping debate, and the bill is laid upon the table and the bill is voted on. So if only fifteen nine senators vote to invote cloture, that means it never comes up in the Senate. Chuck Schumer and other liberal Democratic senators from sanctuary sanctuary states are now saying they may not let cloture continue in other words, not going to get a vote because there's not enough protections for lego aliens in this country, and it may keep some victims from reporting crimes against their abuser, much like in a DV situation when the abused woman generally a woman abused woman wants to stay with the abuser of the man because she's in some sort of Stockholm syndrome situation. And I'm reading some of this, so I have someone on from the Heritage Foundation coming on after two o'clock to talk about Democrats. One hundred and forty five House Democrats voted against deporting migrants illegally here who commit sexual assault against women or I guess sexual assault against men, because there's not enough protect for the criminal. He needs more protections. Well, you would have thought that possibly after the last election, that Democrats would have gotten the message that we can't take it anymore, can't live like this, can't have twenty five to thirty million illegals in the country, ten percent of visious criminals, which is two to three million. When you let in a bunch of unattached, single males, poorly educated a room around the country on your nickel, that you don't have the ability to fly here, there, and everywhere. But these social service agencies have huge contracts with the Department of Homeland Security to house, clothed, feed and to care for these individuals. You would think that Democrats would have gotten the message saying we have to clean up our act. We got to stand with the Lake and Rillys and not the of bars, et cetera. We have to be with the victims of crime. Overwhelmingly are women that are raped and sexually assaulted. And we can't stand with the Venezuelan street gangs who have infiltrated our country, burglarizing homes thither and fro, including several in Indian Hill and Montgomery and Villa Hills. That we have to stop this. So these individuals are not going to be arrested. They seldom are, but when you finally do get an arrest. The Democrats believe that the victims of these crimes, the raped woman may not want to turn in her rapist because she may want to keep him in the country. And all I can say is, what are you talking about. That's where we are. We live in a city that cannot plow the streets. We live in a city that is a sanctuary city. We live in a city that it's the same kind of weather catastrophe struck Cincinnati. Share along the city manager and the mayor Avte Piival are completely incompetent when it comes to responding to any kind of an emergency. A snow emergency is like a minor misdemeanor. A real serious problem might be a flood or massive tornadoes, whatever it might be. I have no confidence as Cheryl Long, who mainly got the job because she's a black female, not because she's confident as the city manager, will have a clue about what to do. And the pretty boy, fancy hair, pretty boy have to have piraval pg pierrival is clueless about what's happening, and he's the mayor of the city supposedly in charge. Try walking sidewalks, Try riding down half the streets, Try getting it up and down out of Mount Adams or Mount Auburn, and see what happens to you. We live in a sanctuary city, thank God, not a sanctuary state. And that we live in an area in which the liberal democratic philosophy that controls New York City, where subway riders are raped and set on fire and murdered the same philosophy that controls Los Angeles completely. A broken city in a broken state. California is gone, mark my words. A year from now, if you and I are together, LA will not be further along reconstruction than they are right now. Too much red tape. There's not an enough persons, not enough contractors, not enough builders to go out there and build one hundred thousand structures in the next five years. They don't exist. The cost was skyrocketing. It's a broken city in a broken state. Yet, Gavin Newsom, I call him Nero. Newsom is perceived to be the Democratic nominee in twenty twenty eight to take on I think jd. Vance. He wants to bring California values to Covington, or to Middletown, or the Green Township to Tony Rosiello. Is that going to play? Are we going to say, you know what? That liberal Democrats, the left doing socialists have done such a great job on the border, such a great job in opposing the deporting of rapists and pedophiles. They've done a great job on the insurance markets in California. They've done a great job in the public school system, where I'm told by a knowledgeable person. Any one day, about forty percent of the student population does doesn't even show up, but cps to be educated. And about twenty percent of the teachers don't show up. And whether the weather's cold, attendance may be as low as twenty percent. No one's being educated. It's a daytime babysitting service from the age of six to eighteen. No education is going on. There's nothing happening right now. It's too cold. That's the society in which we live. My gosh, do we have serious difficulties. But when you can't get Democrats to deport rapists, pedophiles, murderers, burglars that break in the homes like Joe Burrows, we got a problem. One hundred and forty five House Democrats said there's not enough protection in there for the illegal immigrant in California a few days ago passed the new law as this crisis is happening in LA giving fifty million dollars in legal fees to illegal migrants who want to stay in California. They want to fund the process further by keeping more in California. Eighty thousand homeless now in LA, eighty thousand homeless lead the nation and homelessness eighty thousand on the streets and the pup tents right there in La eighty thousand residents and now dump on top of that two hundred thousand more that are homeless from middle class and rich communities. One hundred thousand structures are destroyed. And if each one has two residents might be a little low. You got a couple hundred thousand more people. It is a failed city state. It is disgusting. Let's continue with more, and as we do, the Hall of Famer will be with me in about ten or twelve minutes, Marty Brenneman on Remembrances of the Great Bob Buker, and the line becomes available five one, three, seven, four, nine, seven thousand. Later on from the Heritage Foundation will be a woman who's talking about the Lake and Riley Act being debated now and tomorrow in the US Senate. And I have a call in to Bernie Marino to get his update on what's happening in the Senate relative to invoking cloture so this thing can be voted on it. Once it's voted on, it'll pass. Problem is goes to the rules of the Senate. Sixty have got to agree, and Democrats want more protection for the murderer of Lake and Riley. Bill Cunningham, News Radio seven hundred WLW by Billy Cunningham said news in the world baseball earlier today was announced by the Milwaukee Gurs that Bob Buker had passed away at the age of ninety. He spent about fifty four years as a broadcaster. He's a Baseball Hall of Famer and certainly a statewide national icon noted for mister Belvitere. Also, his appearances on the Tonight Show were hilarious. A man who walked alongside Bob Buker for many, many years is Marty Brenneman. And Marty, welcome to the Bill Cunningham Show. And when you heard the news earlier today, what was your reaction? Well, I was shocked.
Speaker 5: Bill. You know, Bob has not been in real good health and there have been many times when I've talked to him that he and I have talked, and I you know, why don't you walk away from this? I mean, you've been in here long enough. You've gained a nationwide reputation as being one of the funniest human beings that ever lived, and you were as you mentioned, he was an icon in Milwaukee. I noticed that Brewers put out a release today and said, as far as they were concerned, he was the number one figure in the entire state of Wisconsin. And I don't doubt that for one bit. But his health was not good. I think he'd had two heart procedures in the last ten fifteen years. And he did what he wanted to do, and I'm sure he went out the way he wanted to go out, and that was still very much associated with the Brewers Ball Club, even though he had reduced his workload over the last number of years because of his help. But you know, you hate to see guys go like this. You know, the two guys that I've felt I had a great relationship with, not that I didn't have a lot of relationships, good relations There's other broadcasters in baseball, all of them for that matter, but the two special ones really we're Ben Scully and Bob and before that Jack Buck, and you know, all those guys are gone now. Sometimes it's hard to front, you know, when I look at this history.
Speaker 1: He fought successfully, had multiple heart surgeries, he survived, Panker out of cancer. That's a bad one. Bite from a brown reclose spider melanoma COVID nineteen did it all? And when when you talked to him about, hey, hey, Bob, you've done it all. You're in your uper eighties, ninety why not walk away? What did he What did he say to you?
Speaker 5: Well, he just he enjoyed. He loved it so much. And not that I didn't, but but I felt, you know, when I did that, there were things I wanted to do, and I wanted to do them when I was healthy enough to do them, when Amanda and I wanted to do them, and I you know, I'll never forget when I retired and I went to I went to my last spring training in nineteen and one of the first things I always did was calling when we got to Arizona, because that's where he went in the winter time. He's lived out out in Arizona for a ton of years. And I went over to a broadcast to do in Maryvale, which is where the Brewers are located, a short job drive from Goodyear, and I walked into the radio booth and there were a lot of people in there, and Bob was there, and people were talking about my announcement and Bob said in front of all these people. He said, I really admire you. I said, for what he said, because you're walking away from this job. And I said, well, he said, I can't do it. And that was pretty much the way you felt. You know, guys, people have different viewpoints on when they leave or when they will ever leave. Some guys want to do it until they dropped in. I know Harry Callus with the Philadelphia Phillies, who was a dear friend of mine, had come combat alcoholism and had had a tough life because he didn't miss a thing and his life was in order. And I used to talk to him all the time, why do you continue to do this? You know you major Mark is one of the great broadcasters of all time, as Bob did. And four days later, after my last conversation with Harry and we talked about retirement, he dropped dead in the TV booth in Washington before a Nationals Phillies game. And I guess those guys enjoyed that, you know that they had to pick away to go. That's the way they wanted to go, you know, Skelly didn't. Benny had retired. I think truly based on some of the conversations that Ben and I had, he would have retired before he did. So, you know, I retired when I felt like I was on top of my game and to do the things that a man that I've done, that's travel the world, and and I don't regret it. Forty six years for me was long enough.
Speaker 1: You had told me a story. It might have been Joe that you had a Either you or Joe had a conversation with Richie Ashburn, and it was you. Joe told me that you had a terrible fear that you would die on the road by yourself in a hotel room.
Speaker 2: That was me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, we used to have that feature on the air, asked Marty. And they were all lighthearted and more often than not funny. And one night, for some of the one of the reasons, some reason, I just said, I have a tremendous fear of dying in a hotel room by myself, and because I saw Don Drysdale do it when he was a broadcaster with the Dodgers. He died in Montreal in a hotel. Richie died in a hotel in New York. And I had a fear of that. And people, some people got upset because I talked about something that the opinion of him, many people were dark, was a dark tompy. But somebody asked me, do you fear anything? And that's what I said, And I felt that way then, And the chances of that happening now are minimal because I pretty much thank god Amanda's with me every time we leave town. She's with me, or I'm with her. That would be better way to put.
Speaker 1: It when you talk about that, when you talk about the greats Marty, Bob Prinz or Jack Bucker, Harry Yeah, Harry Carry, Vince Gully, You, Denny Matthews, Richie Ashburn, Harry Cowis. What is Is there a secret sauce? Because there will be one thousand men or women, jolly guys get into the business and they don't connect. They can be their ten, fifteen, twenty years and there's not the connection that that small group who's going to fill those shoes. Says George Jones, there's a special sauce. Do you know what it is?
Speaker 5: You know that? That's a thank you for the comment and the compliment. I don't know, Bill, that's a great question. That is a because I truly don't think and this is not said in a disparaging way, but I truly don't think that when you compare the old guys with the current crop of baseball broadcasts who have come along, I don't think you're going to see those guys held in such a reverent manner as the guys or the Harwells and the Bucks and the Scullies and the Ukers and the Bucks and all these guys were hell when they were on top of their game. And I don't know why I can't answer that question. I don't know whether it's a certain quality about those guys that people automatically connect with and feel like, you know, he's one of ours. I don't know. That's a That's a wonderful question that nobody's ever asked me. I wish I had an answer for it.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's the in fact, you know, you're in a room with somebody might be Jerry Jones, might be Neon Dion, and you're in a room with somebody, youre gonna be twenty thirty guys there, and you look around and everybody's looking toward one guy, and that guy would be ne On Dion Sanders. It might be it might be you. It might be Uh, it might be Jerry Jones, it might be Pete Rose. That's another You're in a room with somebody and everybody's looking toward that guy. It's undefinable, but you know it when you see it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 5: You know, I held Scully in such a reverent manner because you know, he was always to me and will be until the day they put me away as the greatest baseball broadcaster of all time. But the quality that set Vinny so much apart, and those of us who knew him knew it to be true, was he had no ego. I mean, there was hardly a day that went by that he didn't go to the drug store or go to the grocery store or the service station and somebody didn't say to him, you're the greatest broadcaster of all time at baseball. And he had no ego, so he was so easy to like. I don't know, it's an interesting topic, and I don't think people held or hold a small broadcaster other baseball broadcast play by play guys in other sports as highly as they do the game baseball. And they were great, you know, NFL announcers, club announcers at what we're talking about some of the greats of all time that did National Football League games.
Speaker 1: It's do you recall the first time you met him, because he started a couple of years before you started nineteen seventy four. Do you recall when you first met Bob Youker.
Speaker 5: You know, it was a while because you know, at that time Bill Milwaukee was in the American League and the Brewers were and we did not play them. And our relationship really started relatively late when the two leagues, when we started having interleague play, and then of course Milwaukee came into the National League. Again. I don't really remember, but we had such a we automatically connected. I'll never forget. He used to come into town and we would play golf out at the Oasis with doctor David Schnight and doctor Rick Abramson, and you cannot believe the conversations. I mean, you would fall down cryan. It was such a funny four hours to suspend with him. And they're the moments that I cherished him. Oh, he used to come over with our radio booth when Joe and I were working together, and he would he said one time, I'll never forget he made the comment he said, I now fully understand why you and Marty have such a hold on fan support in this town. And Joe, God bless him. Why do you think so? He said, because of the very close personal that word personal was in quotes relationship you had with Marshat.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: At it would drive Joe nuts and Bob would leave and he'd come back again a month to six weeks later. He'd say it again, Joe get all bent out of shape again. It was just, yeah, it was just it was amazing. It will and he went into Baseball Hall of Fame in two thousand and three, and I'd gone in three years earlier. And I called him on the phone. Well, I'll never forget. I was in spring training where they announced it, and I was driving to the ballpark in Sarasota and I called him on the phone and I said, what are you doing? I said, congratulations? He said, thanks a lot. I said, what Time's a news conference? He said what news conference? I said, damn, I said, you got to have a news conference. I mean, you've been named to the Baseball Hall of Fame. I know the Brewers had got to be. He said, I'm playing golf and I said, that's wonderful. I said, you can play golf tomorrow. He said, they're going to have to wait on me. He said, I'm having a pre damn good round of golf right now. If they want to have a news conference, they either got to come out here or they have to do it on my terms, because I'm not leaving golf to go for the news conference. And I said, boy, you or something that?
Speaker 1: Can you relate the redskin? I don't know if it's true or not, but I'm told Tommy Thrall when he started kind of wanted to meet Bobyuker, and so he says to you, Hey, Marty, can you take me over to the Milwaukee and please introduce me to Bob. Youkerwan to meet that guy? Can you tell that story?
Speaker 5: I don't really remember.
Speaker 1: I am told that you went over there with him and that you're standing with Tommy Thrall and there's Uker and he like brushed him off. Hey Marty, hew a you doing hey this? Tommy?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yes, but that had been set up. I know that had been set up.
Speaker 1: Tommy Thrall didn't know that, did he.
Speaker 5: He had no idea. And I said, and it just felt it was like it was choreographed because I took Tommy over there and introduced him, and Bob blew him also bad.
Speaker 2: It was a shame.
Speaker 5: I mean, he didn't give him two seconds of his attention, and Tommy was crestfalling. I mean he was he felt like his world had come to it in And then of course Bob laffed and welcomed the end of the fraternity. But it was really funny that's that took place in at their place in Milwaukee. Really it was the funniest thing you could pull that stuff off.
Speaker 1: Oh he was the best. You know, it's been a tough few months for you.
Speaker 2: Get it?
Speaker 1: How do you process it? Because all of us share one thing that is our human death, the Pete Rose thing. I talked to you a little bit a couple of days age that I can't talk about it, and explained why it's been a few bad months for Marty.
Speaker 5: Well I can. I can start by telling you something you can relate to, because you ain't exactly a spring chicken either. But as somebody once said to me a million years ago when I was young, that if you're lucky enough to live long enough, and long would be defined in various numbers of years. However, you know, we're talking about a goodly number of years to thank God, be on this earth and be relatively healthy, and that if you live long enough, you're going to wake up one day and people that were your colleagues, that were dear friends of yours are all going to be gone, and you're going to be the last one standing. And now it impacts me more and more and more. It all started when when Joe Morgan died, and then when Vinnie went, and EAT's gone, and now Bob is gone. And you realize that that that's a truism in every sense of the word. And I'm finding that to be the case, and that it's as it strikes home even more now than it did when I was first told that, because you when you're when you're forty or fifty, you don't relate to that, But when you're eighty plus, you you do relate to it. And and I just I hate to see these guys go. I went back and looked in the last communication that he and I had was on Christmas Day when he sent me Merry Christmas greetings and telling me how he is what Judy were doing, and and and I and I always would say to him, I hope you're doing well, and he did not comment on that. And obviously you're talking less than a month ago, and now he's gone.
Speaker 1: So allegedly he succumbed a small cell lung cancer. And Marty, how would you like to be remembered? How would Marty Brenneman like to be remembered in Red's country?
Speaker 5: Well, I guess from a professional standpoint, Bill, I'd like to be remembered as a guy who had had a lot of credibility that you could believe what he said when he said something on the air. Credibility was very important to me. And I would like to be remembered as a person who related well to fans and and and was good to them because they were good to be And I think it's a two way street. I think if you're a jerk around fans and you feel like you're put upon when somebody asked you for an autograph in the middle of a restaurant, which I never felt that way, they would probably be the things that were most important to me as a person who was, you know, constantly crossing paths with people who either enjoyed your work or knew who you were and judged you by the way you treated them, and that maybe one moment that they ever crossed paths with you. Every time I hear about somebody meeting a friend of mine meeting somebody who was extremely successful in the public eye, was a celebrity, the first question I ask is, I don't what they've done as a professional is obvious. What I'm more concerned about is what kind of person they were, And if they say, oh, he's a great person, a great guy, great lady, that may be more to me than the fact that they would incredibly successful in whatever they're chosen walk in life.
Speaker 1: Was one thing you can say about the Hall of Famers when you meet someone who can either help you nor hurt you, and treat them both the same, because that's the quality of a man, is how you treat those who can neither help you nor hurt you. Marty, May you have many, many, many more good rounds of golf, And I know what you're saying about friends and others passing away allows one to reflect on one's own mortality.
Speaker 5: Billy well chow Well said my man.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you, Marty. Thanks Billy, Let's continue. Bill Cunningham News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 6: Joss the bit outside. He tried the corner in this all four All eight and has walked the bases loaded on twelve straight pitches.
Speaker 1: Hello, quiet, I'm broadcasting Bob Bukers in the category with the greatest of all time segment. Amen to that.
Speaker 7: Willie, mister baseball has passed away today at the age of ninety and I.
Speaker 1: Had everything pancreatic cancer, melanoma, and heart problems. Has bitten by a spider that caused him great difficulties.
Speaker 7: Signed his first professional contract with the Milwaukee Braves in nineteen fifty six, reached the majors in nineteen sixty two, lasting six seasons a backup catcher, finishing with a two hundred average and fourteen homers. He did win a World Series ring with Saint Louis in nineteen sixty four.
Speaker 1: It was critical for that, wasn't he Wasn't he critical and hardy ey that guy named Gibson.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but every time Willy that he came to town here, you had to be there because you were on the floor laughing. Mister baseball, I mean Edie went into TV and movies. That was a clip for Major League.
Speaker 8: He was a mister been picture that once a year they have these team picture days, is what they are. And on this particular day, this costs Bob Gibson one of the great pictures in baseball. It costs him and I a couple hundred dollars. They've taken the picture and uh they have proved it and everything, and then brought it back to the ballpark before they finally caught that scene.
Speaker 1: There what I can't Can you come a little closer on that? Well, Bob and I are holding hands, Johnny Carson, we're gonna get a We're gonna get a They're gonna get a close shot in that. You you certainly are. That's we guess who's coming to pitch. Well. Marty also related the story about Tommy Thrall. He wants to meet Bob Uker four or five years ago. Tommy Throw, I said, hey, Marty, but you uh, let's go to the Milwaukee booth and then would you introduce me to Bob? You sure give me a couple of minutes. So Marty goes down the hallway, comes back, so in walks Tommy Throw and there's Uker. It's a half an hour before the game. It's just sitting Hey, Marty, how you doing. I want to introduce you Tom Throll It looked it looked at Tommy and this and went back to writing, and he said, well, he said, mister, I'm just very proud to meet you. He's he all right kid. And so Marty took him out and said, and Tommy Thrall said, well, he wasn't too interested to meet me. He said, let me tell you what. I set it all up one back and UK could not have been better, set him up correct, better than ever correct. There's something about who's gonna what would George Jones say? Who's going to fill their shoes? Who's going to play the the opry? And who's going to do that? Where's Funny? Where's Vin? What about Vince? What about Jack Buck? What about Bob Prince? What about him? What about what about Joe? Who's going to fill their shoes? Who's going to play the operation?
Speaker 7: Stewart didn't but Steve Jeff Brantley's got a long way to go.
Speaker 1: But Tommy Thrall said, blew off by Bob youuger, Well not really, Marty set him up exactly. Give me some sports and making fast if you don't, will He the Stoot Reporter.
Speaker 7: It's a proud service every local tame Star Heating and air conditioning dealers Tamestar quality you could feel on the East Side called Clement's Heating and Air at nine three seven.
Speaker 1: Four four four forty four zero one spot.
Speaker 8: And we also want the most game show is brought to you by christ I can't find it.
Speaker 1: The hell with it? Thank you, Bob. It sounds like a couple of people around here. Well, I can't find it. To hell with it.
Speaker 6: The uh.
Speaker 7: We want to thank Ron's Roost Restaurant at restaurant and bar. That's clucking. Good for our lunch today, Young Pam brought it down today, Pam bringing it down. Sixty five years in business on the West side Willie thirty eight fifty three Race Road at five one three five seven four two two two. Ronsroost dot Net.
Speaker 1: Says here that Vince Scully broadcasted for sixty seven years, So Ron's Roost is going to bounce up against the record of Vin Scully at some point. Correct. That's great. I bet they go past it. I would say so.
Speaker 7: The Bengals Update brought to you by Good Spirits Winding Tobacco and Party Town, where they have your thirst covered with an incredible selection of non alcoholic beers and wines at any of their thirteen in Northern Kentucky locations. Good Spirits and Party Town reports are Willie that finally the Bengals have cut the list down to apparently two finalists for the elusive defensive coordinator's position. Who Patrick Graham of the Raiders.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, Bengals, Patrick Graham, Patrick Graham of the Raiders. My sister's son is named Patrick Graham. Is that the same guy works at red AND's Fine Meats? No, that's a different guy. Al Golden at Notre Dame. Better tell Rock Goldie what happens. See Who's Golden coming back?
Speaker 7: The National Football League is expected to officially expand replay in twenty twenty five to assist to ensure face mask face mask fouls missed by officials. Who right, The Bengals would have been undefeated this year if they would have had that rules.
Speaker 1: How many times did he get risk? Several? Yeah, and the officials didn't care.
Speaker 7: Turning his head around Like Kenny Anderson against the Steelers that year.
Speaker 1: He goes the referees behind the quarterback that's happening in front of him, everybody else looking at different things.
Speaker 7: College basketball last night, Willie, Let's see the Bearcats about snap a four game losing skid at Colorado sixty eight sixty two.
Speaker 1: How about that.
Speaker 7: More tonight on The Wes Miller Show, Live from Tom Gregory's original Montgomery in eight o five here on seven hundred WLW at to Lance and sports Talk.
Speaker 1: Maybe I should show up there and give him a speech. Would Wes Miller like to hear from me? You probably think you are kook.
Speaker 7: Let's see Cleveland State knocked off NKU, George Mason defeated Dayton the Flyers of Law three in a row, and they're a crisis now in the Gym city.
Speaker 1: Maybe they shouldn't be in the Big East.
Speaker 7: Let's see. Let's see good luck to Brosser tonight, Willie. They are in the Kentucky Boys all a classic tenth Reachion championship game, and the Brosser girls are in the title game there in the al A Classics.
Speaker 1: So let's get him in here, segment. Let's see what else is going on. Let's get him in here.
Speaker 7: Divisional playoffs this weekend. The action right here on seven underd WLW Saturday, it's Houston and Kansas City, Detroit and Washington Sunday rams at Philly should be snow there and is going to be brutally cold in Buffalo. Of course, how bad for both the Ravens up against the Bills. Go Bills, got to be bad, right, Urban Meyer?
Speaker 1: What is part?
Speaker 7: Is going to join Nick Saban for the twenty twenty five College Football Hall of Fame class.
Speaker 1: He deserves it. A national championship game on Monday Night? Who do you like? Ohio State v. Notre Dame?
Speaker 7: The action here on seven hundred WLW. The Buckeyes eight and a half point favorites.
Speaker 1: Who do you like? Segment the Ohio State University I made? Will you give me the points? Will you give me the points? Segment? Hit the music? Give me enough points? Give me Rocky? You think Rocky new?
Speaker 7: You know what I'm gonna bet Rocky He can't sing that song in an hour.
Speaker 1: It's a different song segment, but I think he did. He did that once. He did that once. I want to hear him sing sing it again.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Segment these are difficult times? Well, who's gonna fill those shoes segment. I don't know. I don't know whether there it is there, it is everything enough segment. I don't know what to tell you. I think you're saying. No, the Yuke is gone ninety years old, at every disease imaginable, fought like a warrior poet. Plus he kept a good sense of humor. Well, that's for sure. I asked Marty this question. Segment. You're ready for this question, go ahead. You've got many broadcasters in baseball. It's hard to find football, basketball, soccer broadcasters correct that have captured the imagination, like a Bob Prince or a Jack Buck or Harry Carey. It doesn't happen. Why is that? Marty did not provide an easy answer. Why is it that baseball does that and other sports do not? But long time broadcasters like that, and just they have the public fancy. Oh, he got more games, and those guys become a the voice of the team, and they're I mean, they're some you know, I mean sometimes Marty was bigger than the team.
Speaker 7: At times he was I mean, but he quit to it at his prime. On this day in twenty nineteen, he announced his retirement.
Speaker 1: Today. Correct, on this day, Well, it's twenty nineteen, just before the pandemic hit. Correct, he knew when to come and knew when to go.
Speaker 7: Now he's in Arizona and at Baseball Heaven. Baseball Heaven is this week.
Speaker 1: Maybe you and I should go back one more time, and we ought to go back for Aeron. Check it out, strike him out one more time? Yeah, so you can throw the one the Charles and then two Lord Charles, three knuckleball, four, change of pace, five screwball? What about the palm ball? I got that one to it. Okay, I got them all. I can't throw. I I bet I can't throw seventy miles an hour anymore. Well, you think a lot of those guys out there can do that? Yes, I've seen it. I think so. Yeah, Tony Moss is out there. I bet he's throwing hard.
Speaker 7: Some pleep have gone there for what thirty forty years? Unbelievable.
Speaker 1: You know I did it like maybe five or six years. You did it two or three two? You got hurt. Yeah, then you spent your time in Man's Venus, the Center for the Performing Arts. Oh, that was where they sent me for rehab. I bet you did get your hamstring all stretched out right there, and you still picture you and Jose Rio on stage. That's a different story. Yeah.
Speaker 7: If I was hanging out with Jose Rio, I already be gone. You better have a chalk partying with him, you know that? Yeah, yeah, you know that. Get the forty five out of the glove compartment.
Speaker 1: Well, that was another issue down in the dr That was a difficult horee ho, Thank god, get the forty five out of the glove compartment. I got the user here. I'm going. I'm gonna be killed in a sugar cane field outside of Santa Domingo with Jose Ree, and our bodies will be found well beaten by pigs. In fact, I saw the story out of Mexico. An American tourist there, a woman sixty eight years old was eaten by two pigs. She went out to do something in the yard. Her husband about an hour later he said, where in the hell's Silma? What is she doing? There was a large pig now on on what was left over. That's a bad way to go segment. Eat kid, You're not kidding. You should eat a pig. They should be the other way around. You know, a lot of bacon, pork chops. Yeah, this woman was eaten by pigs. That's a rough way to go right there. You're not kidding, Sueie. She was yelling for her husband who had Arkansas in Suey Pig, Suey eating by pigs?
Speaker 7: Who our famous Arkansas lumb is Big Bobby Williams, a former offensive lineman to the Bengals.
Speaker 1: He was funny. Sega is out it in sports? I think so? In honor of a Bob Bucher and so much more. Segment, give me out of the student's report will he and honor of Bob Uker, one of the greatest of all time. How many years did he serve? Segment?
Speaker 7: He was in the Milwaukee forever forever fifty seven years. Yep, that's a long time. He's in the Hall of fame, all of them.
Speaker 1: We leave you with the immortal words of the stood report. I, indiference to Hal McCoy, was asked to quit many times.
Speaker 8: I was born and raised in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Actually I was born in Illinois. My mother and father were on an oleo margine run to Chicago back in nineteen thirty four because we couldn't get colored margarine in Wisconsin.
Speaker 1: On the way home. My mother was with child me.
Speaker 8: And the pain started and my dad pulled off into an exit area and that's where the event took place.
Speaker 6: Customized and saved with Liberty Mutual.
Speaker 1: I remembered being very cold. It was January.
Speaker 8: I didn't worry very much. I think the birth certificate said something like ten ounces. I was very small, and I remember the coldness on my back from the asphalt.
Speaker 1: Week board on the road.
Speaker 8: Again, and I was immediately wrapped in swaddling clothes and put in the back of a thirty seven Chevy without a heater. And that was the start of this Cinderella story that you're hearing today.
Speaker 1: Wrapped up and swaddling closed, put in the back of a fifty seven Chevny.
Speaker 7: Three truckers came to brought in gifts.
Speaker 1: It's hilarious.
Speaker 7: He's the best when him and Marty were together. Oh, I mean, you just sat back and relaxed and took it all in.
Speaker 1: Baby, Believe me. Who's gonna fill those shoes segment? I have no idea what I want to know? Who's going to fill those shoes?
Speaker 7: So does George Jones. George Jones the possum.
Speaker 1: Stopping at the convenience store where the Highway used to come through. Correct apossum, All right, segment, Thank you, yes, sir. We'll see what happens. The Bearcats won last night at Oakland at Colorado.
Speaker 7: Arizona State coming to town on Saturday, and then Xavier goes to Marquette.
Speaker 1: That's tough on Saturday. Well, we better keep playing like we've played in sentas against Villanova. Believe wise, we're in deep trouble. By segment, Thank you, sir. Let's continue with more. Whether rock show or not show, I'm gonna ask that question Tuesday. If they Notre Dame Fighting Irish lose, he may take off the rest of the week. If they win, he'll be doing the Pom Pom dance right here. We won't be able to live with him, and we're doing the macarena on news radio seven hundred WLW. Let's continue. Coming up after the news will be Sarah Ersprung. She's with the Heritage Foundation about the Lake and Riley Act, which the Democrats are holding up because they don't want to take rapists and murderers and send them back to their home home countries after they serve their sentence. I also would note that CNN is reporting that there's a snap fou and the guys hostage deal that maybe won't be as smooth as we thought. In the first phase, Hamas and its allied groups will release thirty three hostages in the first phase, many of whom may be in a body bag, they may be dead, and according to in Gaza, there's maybe as many as two hundred and fifty taken, kidnapped and brutal license October the seventh of twenty twenty three. And in the first group, I don't understand how you get thirty three hostages back, maybe half for dead and body bags. And then Israelis are going to release hundreds up to one thousand Palestinian terrorists convicted of murder. One for one makes sense to me, not like one hundred to one. There's some Americans still being held in Gaza's seven American hostages presumed to be alive or Aiden Alexander Segue Dakol and also Keith Siegel. Four others are presumed to be dead, but the remains have not been returned. So as part of the deal, the remains of dead hostages murdered by the terrorists will be returned to the loved ones for a proper burial, and we'll see what happens down the road. The Israeli kanesse Well scheduled to vote today and they're going to vote tomorrow. And after they vote, it takes forty eight hours after that for the Israeli Supreme Court to review each case to determine whether or not judicially a partner commutation of sentence should be issued for Blood Thursday murderers and rapist who are going to go back to Hamas to prepare for the next war against Israel. Very difficult circumstance, So let's continue with more. One f nine Homiere Reds and Bengals and Marty Brenneman, News Radio seven hundred WLW, Cincinnati by Billy Cunningham, The Great American of course, that Lake and Riley as the poster child for the brutalization, rape and murder of a young female student and Georgia on the eve of her beginning her productive adult life. Her famili's devastated, and these things happen sadly in American life. It's awful. But when we find out who did it and why they did it, and what happened to the rapist, murderer, the scumbag that took away the life of Lake and Riley. It really enrages many, especially I would think women, out to attach themselves to this issue because it is disgusting. And there's one party that wanted to crack down on rapists and murderers and there's another party that does not want to do it. Now, something called the Lake and Riley Act passed the House of Representatives by a vote of two sixty four to one fifty nine. And my simple deer Park Matt tells me about thirty or thirty five Democrats voted with the Republicans to crack down on illegal alien rapists and murderers. But the Senate may have a different viewpoint. We're in the middle of a cloture vote maybe tomorrow or I guess Saturday or Monday, and the Senate right now is debating what to do about illegal aliens are here illegally who rape and murder young female college kids out of Georgia. Joining you and I now is Sarah Ersprung. She's director of government relations with the Heritage Action Group, and once again, Sarah, welcome to the Bill Cunningham Show. First of all, for those who may not know, explain what happened with Lake and Riley at the hands of a vicious murderer from I think Venezuela explained the facts.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and from Venezuela. Ibarra is his name. He should have never been here in the first place. I think that's what we need to start out the call with. You know, he was stopped by US border patrol in twenty twenty two. But because of the Biden administration's unlawful mass parole of illegal aliens and it's callous catch and release policy, they're bringing people into the country. It's saying, Okay, you have committed a federal crime. We're going to let you go into the country while we process you through our system, so they're able to freely roam around the country. This individual made his way to after entering in Texas.
Speaker 2: Made his way to New York, which.
Speaker 9: As we all know, New York is a sanctuary city. So as he has committed crimes in New York City, they didn't prosecute, they didn't hold him, and they let him go and he made his way after cuting crimes in New York. New York didn't comply with the Department of Homeland Security with Ice officials to detain him. They didn't work with federal officials, so they.
Speaker 2: Let him go.
Speaker 9: He made his way down to Georgia, where he brutally assaulted Lake and Riley and murdered her. So that's how we got to this conversation today. There are countless similar stories and it's very disheartening. Like you said, as a woman, I deeply feel for Blake and Riley's family.
Speaker 1: The other issue about Abara is that we paid for all this. Under the Trumpster you can make your claim for asylum ninety percent or denied, but you had to make the claim in Mexico or in Venezuela. You don't come into the country then get paid to roam around young, unattached vicious criminal mails. You don't get paid, the said one of those works. Explain how that happens, because it gets it's hard to make money. A lot of young Americans have a hard time finding work. So we just give this a Barra character thousands of dollars a room around the country. Explain how I got from Texas to New York and then to Georgia.
Speaker 9: Well, worse, we're facilitating it with our funding. Right, you have a lot of non governmental organizations that are set up here in the US that receive tax breaks. They don't pay any taxes, and they are actively facilitating this travel of illegal immigrants into the US, many of them settling into sanctuary cities where they're able to commit crimes. Not comply, like I said earlier, not comply with the federal government's laws. Not working with the Department of Home Land Security to detain these individuals because they're released on mass parole and they're able to continue committing crimes. But worse than that even is that the Biden administration issued instituted a new program called CBP one. It's an app on your phone that illegal aliens can enter in their information. It's a free ticket into the US and then you're just on a big long waiting list and you can do whatever you want in the US and you can be traveled and transport around the US while you wait for your day.
Speaker 1: Who pays for all this? A bar any idea? How much money we put in his pocket before he murdered and raped Lincoln Riley? How much money did we put into this guy?
Speaker 9: I don't have I don't know a lot of much. Yeah, millions of dollars in the US taxpayer dollars that are facilitating this.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about what happened in the in the House and explain what the Lake and Riley Act would do to make to try to make this from not happening again, which is happening repeatedly. I saw the other day there was a homeless degenerate from Venezuela with machetes who tried to get into the capital and he was caught with machetes. Now you would think on the eve of the inaugural that's like a big deal, But the liberal Democratic judge in Washington, d C. Gave him a no bond. He left a bar, committed crimes all over New York City and got no bond whatsoever he left. So explain what the Lake and Riley Act would do.
Speaker 9: Yeah, these sanctuary cities like are harboring illegal immigrant criminals. I mean it's a crime originally to cross the border illegally and then additional crimes that they're committing while in the country. So the Lake and Riley Act requires Immigrations and Customs Enforcement ICE, as a lot of people know it to detain people in the country who are here illegally and who have been charged with or convicted of fest related crimes. Okay, that's where this kind of gets a little sticky, and where we move into the conversation. That bill passed the US House of Representatives. As you mentioned, it had about forty eight Democrats coming over to support it. So clearly, I guess sest related crime is enough, not just crossing the border illegally, but forty eight Democrats at least support the detention of illegal immigrants when they commit Sess. What's happening right now in the Senate, but passed the House, moved to the Senate. What's happening right now is several members in the Senate are offering amendments to the bill, as we would expect, some Republicans are offering amendments to expand the bill. Specifically, Corning Senator Cornyn of Texas had an amendment to expand it for those accused of assault on law enforcement officers. That seems to be worthy to me. Senator Jony Ernst is going to offer an amendment for those charged with crime causing death or serious bodily injury. She had an individual in her state called Sarah's Law. She had an individual in her state who was killed by a drunk driver who was an illegal immigrant. So there are efforts on the right to expand the bill, and then there are efforts on the left to take away the enforcement mechanisms in the bill as currently drafted, trying to take away the ability for state ags to sue the Department of Homeland Security if they don't actually comply with the law. So you can see where the lines are kind of being drawn on both sides.
Speaker 2: Of the aisle.
Speaker 9: Importantly, though, as you kind of look for the prospects and moving forward right now, you're going to need about seven Democrats to come over and support the bill we've talked about we talked about in the House right were forty eight Democrats that came over and supported the bill as drafted. But it's a balancing act as Republicans try to strengthen the bill rightfully, so you're going to start to lose democrats. There are about six Democrats right now in the Senate that have come out in supported the bill as currently drafted, but as it gets taken further to the right, they're going to kind of wiggle their way out of supporting this bill. So it will come down to the wire, Sarah.
Speaker 1: Er Sprung of Heritageackson, it's coined a theft. Well, I'm sure Lake and Riley lost a bunch, but but why isn't it coined that if you're an illegal alien and you're in this country illegally and you commit a rape or a murder against a young female student, that why isn't it dealing with more serious crimes than like theft, Because, I mean, theft is bad. We got a terrible smashing grab problem in America and non horsement of laws.
Speaker 9: But yes, yeah, as originally drafted, they were trying to target. They looked at the case of Lake and Riley. They were trying to target the specific and related crime that Ibarra had committed while he was in New York And what crime did he commit that allowed him to be released in New York and then not take it seriously from that small, seemingly small offense that allowed him to continue on his crime path. So that's why it was targeted originally to theft, burglary, larcenary, shoplifting, things like that.
Speaker 2: Those are the specifics as detailed in the bill. But that's also.
Speaker 9: Why, to your point, why you have members in the Senate that are saying, hey, let's strengthen this, let's go further, let's do assault on law enforcement officers, Let's do crimes causing death and serious bodily injury. What you just mentioned, violence against women specifically, is another bill that congress Foman Nancy Mays is actually advancing.
Speaker 2: This week through the House. So we'll see how.
Speaker 9: Democrats vote on that. How are you going to support It's not enough for you that illegals are coming into this country. They have to commit a serious offense for you to allow and require the Department of Homeland Security to work with states to detain these individuals and ultimately deport them.
Speaker 2: It's a sad state.
Speaker 1: And you know, Sarah, one of the things Democrats like to hang their hat on is whenever there's a not called the Violence Against Women's Act, I mean, all the Democrats line up, as everyone should. Violence against men's bad too. I mean it's but whenever there's a Violence against a Woman's Act being introduced, Uh, Democrats line up and just nod, yeah, we got to have we got to We've got to pass a law that stops violence against women. Why doesn't that same philosophy apply to Ebarra, who committed the most violent act imaginable against Lake and Riley, and like Democrats are fighting it.
Speaker 9: Why, Yeah, that's a great question. I don't have the answer for you, but I think it might have something to do with the wacky state of their thinking right now. They don't even know what a woman is, so then that could be another contributing factor.
Speaker 1: Well, it could be. But so for those listening around the Midwest to get involved, get ahold of your centators. Most of the senators from around where I live, Ohio, Kentucky, Indianda are normal, and I was sure all six of them are going to be saying, hey, we can't have this. But to me, it is a no brainer to say that if you come into the in a sense, a Barro may have come into the country legally by using the app put together by the Biden administration, but then he's flown all over the country a taxpayer expense, doesn't work a day in his life. It's a career criminal. He makes his way to Georgia because it's warmer there from New York City. It's hot there for him because of all the crimes he's committing. Then he just waits along a running path outside of the nursing school and finds an attractive female coming and just beats the crap out ever smashes or rapes her and leaves her for dead. And you can't get Democrats to say we have to pass legislation to stop that from occurring in the future. It is sick.
Speaker 9: I agree. I think that's why this bill is the floor. It is not the feeling. You know, we're supported as the measure as it's drafted, as it's making its way forward. We want to make sure that we retain the enforcement mechanism. We appreciate all the amendments to expand the bill, but this is the floor. We remember last year, the House of Representatives advanced a big border security and immigration enforcement package called HR two strong strong provisions in the bill, and we're going to be working toward including some of those provisions and you know whatever, a bigger reconciliation package looks like that's coming out of the House and Senate, really making sure that some of Trump's policy priorities are included and actually get through Congress, unlike last year where you've had Democrats in control. Remember the Lake and Riley Act was introduced last year, almost immediately following her death, and it sat in the Senate. Yeah, truck not bring the bill forward. Which is funny to hear him and other Senate Democrats talk about the importance of the bill, the importance.
Speaker 2: Of the issue.
Speaker 9: When this bill languished on Senator Schumer's desk last year.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's sad. And I said to you off there, Sarah, Imagine if three or four days from now that Kamala Harris would take the oath of office and these policies continue, how many more women will be raped, how many more women will be killed, how many more smash and grabs, complete destruction of our major cities, all of which are sanctuary cities. Imagine the road not taken. If that road was taken, imagine that.
Speaker 9: Absolutely completely disheartening. And for your listeners, you know, Heritage Action is a big army of grassroots conservatives all throughout the country, about two point five million of them throughout the country that are working on these conservative policy solutions. And from my work here in DC, we're able to kind of share some information about what's happening in DC ways that you can get in well, both at the federal actually and the state level. So if you're listening and you want to be involved in our work, you can text join to five to one seven seven six. Text join to five to one seven seven six. You'll get information from US weekly what's happening in Congress. When you should call your members.
Speaker 2: Here's a call script.
Speaker 9: Sometimes, here's ideas of what you can begin the conversation with, and we keep you informed. So I encourage you to get involved.
Speaker 1: Let's do that. And money is going to be a new day. And once again, the radical left has intentionally deconstructed our southern border and immigration structures and hope of building a new version of America. It's Obama's idea about restructuring America to change what we are, and they envision nothing more than an open border state that diminishes jobs and wages and economic opportunities for citizens, putting more Americans on welfare that the Democrats can control. Once again, Sarah, thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show, and good luck to you and a lot of work to do the next four years. That's gonna done, Sarah, thank you very much. Thanks so much, Bill, God bless America. Let's continue with more. Bline becomes available five one three, seven four, nine, seven thousand, Bill Cunningham, News Radio seven hundred WLW. You know, when you and I look back over the past ten years, there is no person, no character in American history that could have gone through and brought down and eraised up the things that Donald Trump has done All three number one in twenty fifteen and twenty sixteen in destroyed the Bush Dynasty. You might recall that Jeb Bush was perceived to be the nominee in twenty sixteen. After a few debates with Donald Trump, Jeb Bush said to hell with it, I'm not doing this anymore. So the Bush dynasty has done. At the Carter funeral, the Bushes would not even look to Milania Trump or Donald Trump. Next in line, where the Clinton dynasties had to bring down the Clintons, Bill Clinton and Hillary Clinton by beating her in twenty sixteen and elimiting the witch, a witch of the North, Hillary Clinton. The Clintons are done. Next up with the Obama The Obamas who have said the most nasty, vild things about Donald Trump, imaginable campaigning like crazy for Kamala Harris and now Michelle Obama will not attend the inaugural classless act. So in addition to the Bush dynasties and the Clinton dynasties and the Obama dynasties, they bring down also the Cheney dynasty, the Dick Cheney, and the Linz Cheney all gone, dispatched to the dustbund bin of history. Then a top it all off, the Biden crime syndicate family are gone. So in American politics, one guy has brought down the Bushies, the Clintons, the Obamas, the Cheney's, and the Bidens. Not bad been shot. Also Bill Cunningham News Radio seven hundred. Wow.
Speaker 8: You know one of the best things about being an X big leaguers getting previies to the.
Speaker 6: Game, call the front office bingo, and once these fans recognize.
Speaker 8: Me, I probably won't even have to pay for my life here for Diller.
Speaker 6: I love them. These fans know I'd break lay because it's less.
Speaker 1: Filling and it tastes great. Good seat, sir, in the wrong seat, buddy, come on, almost be in the front row. My late beer from Miller. Everything you always wanted in a beer and less.
Speaker 6: Let's see, Hey, buddy, he missed the tag.
Speaker 1: He missed the tag.
Speaker 6: Hell Hello, Hello, byant I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 1: Ninety years old. Bob Bucker dies today, and I'm thinking if you could get ninety years of his kind of a life, Oh, sign me up, sign me.
Speaker 7: Baseball movies, Harry Doyle and Major League. I mean he stole the show other than Charlie Sheen and then mister Belvedere. Pretty good stuff he does. He does a sitcom, not the guys. Unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Oh he was unbelievable, right, that's small cell lung cancer also.
Speaker 7: Was, But I mean those commercials from light pretty or legendary like Harry.
Speaker 6: Kerry, Josh, the bit Outside. He tried the corner in this all four, All eight, He's going nuts. Fall On has walked. The base is loaded on twelve straight pitches.
Speaker 1: Not bad. Sounds like a Reds reliever from a few years ago, seg Man, Keep hope alive. I'm telling you right now, the Reds will arise. There's going to be a Reds rising in October. They're better, baby, because rising around. You're telling what, how many teams are going around here? Are going to make the NCAA tournament? Kentucky, give me some sports.
Speaker 7: Will he The stood reporters approach service, every local tame star heating and air conditioning dealers Tamestar Quality. You can field a beautiful northern Kentucky called Tom Reckton Heating and air Conditioning at eight five nine two six' one eighty two sixty nine.
Speaker 1: Right. We needed today?
Speaker 7: Yeah, and then what for tomorrow and Saturday is going to be like forties? That ring you gotta call ACR gun eyed pools and Frank's eye bell.
Speaker 1: You might get a pool by Sunday calling call today swim this year? Right because of frank zy bell. You like to do the backflip some My My wife fractured or pelvis. She's doing a backflip somewhere in Guadalajara, Mexico, part of the Red Bull Senior Citizen Diving team.
Speaker 7: But she's doing fine. Now she's off the walker. What about your gallbladder? What's going on with that?
Speaker 1: Seeing doctor Fisher, I've had two appointments with him, and each day a nod can't get through what supposedly the twenty eighth at eight thirty am at the Christ Hospital, I have two stones, hopefully not diamonds, two rocks. Not Boyman's in my gallbladder and I said, do I gotta get him out he's gonna look at it and give me a ya or a n A. I'm told that gallbladder is a problem. If you have a gallbladder problem like an appendentitis attack, it's not good. Okay, So I'm gonna find out on the twenty eighth. Unlus your plus your your heart doctor is another thing. He's funny on that carry TV commercial. Funny not funny, but I mean when you look at it, great greed. The first guy he comes into, that's Willi's doctor. That's Willy's doctor. Well it's I don't know what's true. A slump like you segment can see Dean Carriacus. Correct, how about that? Yeah? The christ Hospital Cardiac go there, you as a slip in middle Tucky who buys from McDonald's can see Dean Carriacus. Now, how good is that? I should have been somebody not very serious. I love you, I love you, but you're not a serious person. Bengals Up.
Speaker 7: They brought to you by good Spirits wind at Tobacco Party Town, where they have your thirst covered. Incredible selection of non alcoholic beers and wines. Need to celebrate socialize at any of their thirteen convenient Northern Kentucky locations, Good Spirits and Party Town.
Speaker 1: In a Rocky's taping something I hate people on the air here the tape? Would you agree? I don't like that at all.
Speaker 7: There are apparently the Bengals have narrowed down to two finalists now for the DC job. But one of them is Al Golden of Notre Dame and Patrick Graham. That's a relative of mine who used to be with the lot with the Las Vegas Reeds. That's Diane, my sister, Diane's grandson, Patrick Graham. I don't think so that's a different one. Yeah, what about Al Golden? Uh, well, we'll find out Monday.
Speaker 1: I guess.
Speaker 7: Well, after Monday we'll find out if mister Golden's coming here. I have a question, what if next year, a year from now, we sit here and the Bengals have not gotten to the playoffs in the nine and eight, whose next head will be on the chopping block? Could it be Zach Shula? Is he gonna be on the Food Network?
Speaker 1: Then yes, the chopping block will be amazing shopped Jeff Ruby Steak House, o'harm is a matre d also Willie. Let's see what else is going on here?
Speaker 7: The NFL, the National Football League, expected to officially expand replay good to assist in including face mass fouls that are being missed by officials just when it's too late to The Evangels could have had twenty wins this year if they would have had that.
Speaker 1: But Joe Burrow has no luck his houses, I'm told by an investigator. Yeah, they have no leads on Joe Burrow's house that was broken into an Anderson township.
Speaker 7: You know, some Pittsburgh Penguin star the other night had his house broken into during one of their games in the Steel City Loge.
Speaker 1: Who it was he lost three Stanley Cup rings. Yeah, it was Gendy Mulkin. Yeah, I think that's who it was. I don't know the gangs from here what Burrow lost. Huh, Well, I think I know. And it's significant. Now the problem is this, Yeah, wants to keep it on the down low, correct, Yeah, but the gangs will put up deer cameras or other devices to monitor a home remotely, determine when the occupant is there. When the occupant is not there, they put on a cloaking device so that there's no signals coming out of the house, like like a burglar alarm. They go in generally a second floor window without the uh, without the alarm, they smash there. You know, it's a cutout deal. This is like James Bond or something. It's and then if you're caught, you know what they caught to And they gave him eight years in jail, and neither one of them said a word. They will not communicate with their attorneys, they will not communicate with the court. They sentenced eight years. We'll do the eight years because if you talk among those gangs, what happened? Bye bye birdie. But it's thousands of homes in America have been burglarized terribly because the policies of Joe Biden. Thousands and women are being made. That change at Noye on Monday. Maybe it's gonna take when dj T gets in the house. So take a while. Because sanctuary cities, cities, sanctuary states won't cooperate those Cincinnati is what about Middle Is that a sanctuary city.
Speaker 7: I don't think Sheriff Jones will allow anything. Ault County be a second believe me, nah Babanah because of one guy, Richard Kay Jones, the great one. He's like Matt Dillon bigger than that. Like he's like Matt Dylon, Cartwright, Dylan Dylan and Chuck Cotters of the rifle.
Speaker 1: What about Sugarfoot him too? And Wyatt Earth? How about Clint Eastwood and hang him high?
Speaker 3: That the sheriff should not talk to Bill Kleynham on w W, he should do his job more.
Speaker 1: What sheriff's is called in? I don't think so, I don't know. And then unforgiven one of my greatest westerns is Clint Eastwood. Unforgiven? You like that one? Yeah? Unforgiven?
Speaker 7: Let's see will Hee college basketball. The UC Bearcats ended their four game losing street Class Night in Colorado. More to night on The West Miller Show, live from Tom Gregory's original Montgomery in starting at eight h five after Sports Talking Lance on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: How about this? Arch Manning is taking the reins after quinn Ewers declares for the draft. Supposedly, according to The Rock, arch Manning is already making about four million dollars a year not to play football at Texas. Now he's going to make five million dollars to play football. Would you not play football for four million? Sure? That's what I do? I mean, what the heck the hell. I wouldn't play football either, ay me four million? Yeah, but arch Manning's got the jeans. Shall we say that's for sure? And we'll see what happens. Yep. But he's not the son of either Peyton nor nor what Eli Eli. He's the son of the one arch arch that had some medical difficulties.
Speaker 7: Hockey last night, well Eve, the Cyclones went at home over Utah tonight San Jose and Columbus Blue the Blue Jackets Action six thirty, Fox Sports thirteen sixty. And we also say happy birthday today. Who is it at ninety years young? Who was four time Indianapolis five hundred winner.
Speaker 1: A J. Foyt, Happy birthday to super texts in your old hometown segment of Cole Rayne Township by the Popeyes two dead, three shot and a shooting at Cole Ryane Township and and the assailant is missing, gott in his car and left. I guess they were unhappy with the chicken. By the way, I love Popeye's chicken. I've been there a few times. I think I think, if I'm wrong, that a recent named Hall of Famer might be an owner of some of the Popeyes can't say. Dave Parker can't say. So we'll see, but I love their chicken a cobra. He's ready in July to going without. This segment is set it in sports, I think, so give me out of the Stude report because we'd like to hear more from Bob Uker when he was born. Plus more segment. Give me out of the students report.
Speaker 7: Willia and Hotter of mister Baseball, Bob Buker the Hall of Famer. We leave you with the immortal words of the Stewod Report. I, indiference to Hal McCoy was asked to quit many times.
Speaker 1: Hall of Fame speech pretty funny.
Speaker 8: I was born and raised in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Actually I was born in Illinois. My mother and father were on an Oleo margine run to Chicago back in nineteen thirty four because we couldn't get colored margarine in Wisconsin. On the way home, my mother was with child me and the pain started and my dad pulled off into an exit area and that's where the event took place.
Speaker 1: I remember.
Speaker 8: It was a Nativity type setting, an exit light, shining.
Speaker 1: Down exit light. There are three truck drivers there.
Speaker 8: One guy was carrying butter one guy at Frankfurter's, and the other guy.
Speaker 1: Was a retired baseball scout who.
Speaker 8: Told my folks that I that I probably had a chance to play somewhere down the line.
Speaker 6: The Uh.
Speaker 1: I remembered being very cold. It was January. I didn't worry very much.
Speaker 8: I think I'm The birth certificate said something like ten ounces. I was very small, and I remember the coldness on my back from the asphalt.
Speaker 1: Very dropped in me.
Speaker 8: And I was immediately wrapped in swaddling clothes and put in the back of a thirty seven Chevy without a heater. And that was the start of this Cinderella story that you're hearing today.
Speaker 10: Rock your reaction. He was the best, funny, just naturally funny guy. I got a big question for you. You ready for the big question? Gave me that big question.
Speaker 1: So I heard your interview with Marty, which was fantastic. By the way.
Speaker 10: Now you asked Marty, what was it about Bob You of all the personalities and play by play guys, did why did he connect?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 10: Why did he just connect with someone in a way others don't.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 10: And there's a tough question, and Marty couldn't really answer I'll ask you that because you have the same thing. Now you have the ability to connect with people. So with answer this question, give me your answer.
Speaker 1: Yes. I think it's knowing your audience, identifying what you're seeking to do, and then to meet them in personal ways over the years, one way or another, listen to what they have to say, then give them back either entertainment or information they don't have. It was some of the best. Some of the best things is when I meet people, they say they listen to the student's report, it's hilarious. How many times in life do you laugh? I mean, we need to laugh more and they have more entertainment. So if you can entertain and inform and when something happens, people want to tune in here, I think that's something that's the key. Amen. Amen, you agree with stuff absolutely? What about you? Do you agree or not? Yes? When people laugh and snicker at you, call you names, make fun of you, how do you respond? Thank you?
Speaker 10: Well, it's funny, you say, because I've been doing this five minutes compared to you. But I can't remember many or any time where someone's like poor that that breakdown you had of the election, that was really good. It's always like, well that thing you and Eddie did that was so funny that God, you guys had me roaring. I couldn't get out of the car. It's always the funny, the entertaining, the laughing. Yeah, that that sort of thing that's interesting.
Speaker 1: You say that it's being able to make someone behind the wheel of a car or a trucker at home and the otherwise don't laugh. Life is filled are you aware of this? Life is filled with problems, tough? How many times believe it? Of the great lines is from Luther Vanders to answer my father again, And one of the first lines is before I lost my innocence, that I was a child and I just liked life and I used to. But at some point, whether it's nine, ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen, or fourteen, you're gonna lose your innocence. And the goal is to make life more simple for others, not making more difficult. And it calls people to want to listen because they want to laugh and humor. And Bob Yucker was the best.
Speaker 10: You didn't listen to Bob Bucker because he had some you know, Einstein level breakdown of the game. You listened to him because he was hilarious and funny, and he called a game that the everything.
Speaker 7: He just threw it out there and he just you know, he just sat therebevable he started talking.
Speaker 1: You start laughing. We started laughing.
Speaker 7: When he used to come into booth at the ballpark, we used to start happened as soon as he hit the door, because.
Speaker 1: You knew, you knew it, you knew what was on. You're ready and it's uh, it's on, and he Joe wasn't. It didn't have a great affinity for march Shot. Let's leave it at that. They you know, I'm sure they were nice to each other, but you grew always would come in and say, hey, Joe, you know March Shot. She says, a great, she's wonderful. He come up.
Speaker 7: And it was like the same way with Marty, I mean to say, and then those two went at it. It was like you just sat back and shut up. How about Tommy Throll. Tommy Throll says to Marty, and would you introduce me? He said sure, so he said, I gotta do something. Comes back five minutes later. He set this up with you.
Speaker 1: They go in and say, I'm mister, I'm Tommy Throng, I'm the new Reds play play by play. Guy loved to meet you, he said, so what he keeps writing? And Marty said, I'm sorry, Tommy, Let's go because Tommy is crisfalling crush. Have a seat right here, have a seat. That's beautiful stuff. And I told you this off the air. I don't know much about this Freeman character. Then I watched this documentary from Notre Dame before the game at four o'clock. The Mass and the and the and the church. He reinstituted the mass. I forget which coach, because we always went the masks for every game, and but he converted to Catholicism, and to watch his life from Ohio State to UC of course Cincinnati, then to Notre Dame. I now want Notre Dame to win Rock because of that, what I want Notre Dame. I've decided to switch. Do we get this recorded. I've decided to switch. I'm now taking Notre Dame to beat Ohio State. Straight up. Write that down, straight up, write that down. Half point But I don't want I don't want them. Say you want the points. I don't want the I want Notre Dame on March right into where good Land that just wins and lang, yeah, thank you, thank you you you sing this again. This is this is the core. I'll get the chorus. Here come, let's get clocks again. Name two, Name.
Speaker 8: The name.
Speaker 1: Eric Garris. Hit the post to tier four or notre Dame.
Speaker 10: Wake up the echos tier in her name, saying no body tier ron high, shake down the thunder from the sky with the ysby great or smaller.
Speaker 1: Dame will win overall. Why helloyal sons are Marchie oword to Victor Reeve say that I'm with you one thousand percent. I'm thinking out her name today at one thirty, You'll be I knew that buys a Yeah, thank him. Under the bus seven hunder double year older