Speaker 1: Lara Kane After Dark with Eric remembers the podcast You're Big if you like a genuine and laughs so big. Laura's a love of ba lunatic with a bob so real. The stories are crazy, the real deal. Eric's the talent and people with sas He's kind. Let me get some kind of crassus. Claire runs the show superclain nerd always in the note, but garantee to make you laugh.
Speaker 2: Bluss, Sure we're late. Bumble your seat belts and don't be late. Here we go. Get ready, it'll be great. On with the show.
Speaker 3: See the thing growing, But that's okay, Claire on the on the screen doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: You don't see something growing.
Speaker 3: No, I haven't seen anything growing in a long time. Oh boy, Oh there it is. Oh god, Claire, is it technical? Do we just start? We are we're doing it. We are in people. Let's do our little song and dance again. We are back. Do do do do do?
Speaker 2: Do?
Speaker 3: We are back? Sorry you guys, it was It was a lot. There's a lot of things, a lot of things going on.
Speaker 2: You know what it is, summer it is.
Speaker 3: Claire was gone, then I was gone, that Eric was gone, that this was happening, and I'm we have so much to tell you, so many stories, and.
Speaker 2: So get ready, Oh my god, buckle up.
Speaker 3: Hopefully this would be good. Is Eric is a podcast? Okay? So first and foremost, before we get to a very expensive lesson, yet another expensive lesson I learned and it happened today.
Speaker 2: Oh geez, are you kidding?
Speaker 3: I am very.
Speaker 2: Taking away many forms of Actually, I.
Speaker 3: Want to know if you would have done the same thing, okay, Claire, I want to know if you would have done the same thing, okay, or if this is just a Laura Kane stupid I'm going to go with that decision making.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: And then we're going to talk about our party that we're having on August thirty first, that everybody's invited to, and I'm going to show you some of the things we have to give away, some large why not you.
Speaker 2: Don't want to keep it a surprise.
Speaker 3: No, because I want people to come. I want them to want the stuff and have more stuff on order. It's gonna be super fun. And then we're going to talk about so many things.
Speaker 2: You know what, my god, you know how long the line was, and mister Charlie's when that's our party is going to be I know when when Travis showed.
Speaker 3: Up, four thousand people weren't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm saying they should probably get ready.
Speaker 3: I was talking to the manager today because I sent her an email and she I just wanted to say, hey, did you get the emails? Talking to her through Instagram DMS, and She's like, yes, OMG, this weekend was crazy because yes, right there in front of mister Charity's so like it is the epicenter of Hillcrest h now and it's such a fun vibe and it's such a fun place and you guys are going to want to come to our party. We've been doing this for seven years.
Speaker 2: Seven it doesn't seem like it.
Speaker 3: I know, it doesn't seem like it.
Speaker 2: We should does not seem like twenty years.
Speaker 3: We should be better at this than we are after seven years.
Speaker 2: And I'm a delight. I don't know what you're talking about, and I just got here, So it's fine. Where is the epicenter of profession?
Speaker 3: Continues to get glowing reviews she does, Thank goodness, people love Claire.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 3: I need to. My personality needs to really serve because my technical prowess is not carrying us oh no, it is. Are we on?
Speaker 1: Are we on?
Speaker 3: Are we on YouTube? Are we life? We're live? Now you fixed it. It's fine that your prowess tied.
Speaker 2: A delightful little nugget. I just love her.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna tell you about Oregon because that's where I went with my mother and I took her and we went to see Charlie and Anti Do Do.
Speaker 2: And it was how's that doing?
Speaker 3: Great? She's doing awesome?
Speaker 2: Great?
Speaker 3: And oh, I have a question, a very deep question, and and then my story, and then you have.
Speaker 2: A story of a couple stories, so.
Speaker 3: Well we might have to save. Okay, you tell one story. I'll tell one story. Okay, we do double D news. I'll talk about I'll do the question, and then next episode we'll do.
Speaker 2: Okay, so let me let me ask the peanut gallery here for my story, which one do you want to hear? Okay, the fart or the toe?
Speaker 3: All right, let me ask.
Speaker 2: They're both disasters.
Speaker 3: So you add one word to each one of those, the blank toe, the blank fart. Uh, just add one word to each one and I'll make a decision.
Speaker 2: Embarrassing fart okay, and uh disastrous toe.
Speaker 3: I believe shockingly, I want to start with the toe. I was thinking the same thing. Really hit me with that toe, with the disastrous toe first and foremost cue the music. It was some very exciting.
Speaker 2: This are you marrying Prince Harry? What is that?
Speaker 3: It's very exciting theatrical music to nouns that it's t minus less than a month until Begin Again the musical, The new musical hits the Old Globe stage we've been talking about. Yes, that is the official oh see again, begin Again. We have been talking about this musical that, like I said, has all the elements that will take it right to Broadway, including I posted a reel of Pat Monaghan talking front Train about creating the music for this musical. And it's based on the movie. So if you really like that movie and I really resonated with you, this musical at the Old Globe is a can't miss. Now the Old Globe. We're lucky we have this in our backyard because this is where a lot of the biggest productions on Broadway made their starts. Yes, and this one is everybody's excited and it's less than a month away, and you need to get your tickets now, and you have a discount code to you you do this, will waive your handling fees. And you know those dang handling fees. I mean they have to charge them, but not if.
Speaker 2: You use this code LCAD.
Speaker 3: For Laura Kane after Dark, easypasy. If you call and you order from the operator, just make sure you tell the operator, hey, I'm using my code LCAD and she'll say what hopefully they know what's up. And then if you go online you can just punch it in there. Yeah, exactly, this is a musical. You're going to want to take your date too, your love, your friends, a group of friends, a group of girls, friends or boyfriends, or a group of boyfriends. Yeah, what if I had a big group of boyfriends just they were just strictly friends, I would take them to see you. Begin again.
Speaker 2: What if you had just like a group of boyfriends that you met on like sugar babies, and you just stick them all.
Speaker 3: They would actually be taking me. Then that's how that works.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 3: But I'm trying to pull I'm I'm dinner and the train. Yes, I'm asking stop it. I'm going to pretend I didn't hear that during this ad for the Old Globe. I'm hoping that we can do a night's which is just Laura Kane after Dark.
Speaker 2: It's so much fun.
Speaker 3: So but it's such a popular uh production that I don't know if we could do that. Well, I'm going to talk to the guy tonight or tomorrow and i'll let you know. Next episode.
Speaker 2: They're gonna have to move it to a bigger theater.
Speaker 3: It's the biggest one there. They have three theaters at the Old Globe. What do you talk about is the biggest one.
Speaker 2: We might have to have several performances.
Speaker 3: I hope they extend it.
Speaker 2: That would be I know that'd be great.
Speaker 3: All right. So if you call call now to get your tickets, they're on sale. They're ready to go get them before and they're all snapped up.
Speaker 2: Uh six one nine four five six two three, Or you can go online to Wwwthold Globe dot org.
Speaker 3: Q music very theatrical, exciting music to get you in the mood. Think about it. After our Lori Kane eufor Dark seven year anniversary party just days away, will be begin again. It's exciting. Yes, a couple of days coming up in just a couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: Yes, all right, So.
Speaker 3: That's the Old Globe. Thank you. For being a sponsor of Laura Keane for Dark. All right, now do we want to start with I'll start with my another expensive lesson learned or maybe out learned. Obviously I didn't learn from the last expensive lesson. This happened today, Oh boy. I work at Cogo AM six hundred news radio doing future stories and man on the Street stories and anything they need me to do for the morning news program, which Claire produces. I do, and she's at the Helm. It's a four hour news program and Veronica and Brett are the hosts. It's really really good and you can get it on the iHeartRadio app and listen to Kogo and you'll hear us. You'll hear Claire. She does stories from time to time and I love hearing her little boys so cute. But know that she puts that all together. And tomorrow you will hear her story about Unfortunately, well, no, the story is serious. They usually send me out on you know, fun, cool, different exciting things. Today, my news director wanted me to go to the Soboros Colombianos it's a Colombian restaurant in Normal Heights, because he wanted reaction from people that may have family in Colombia where that horrible earthquake just hit.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, over one.
Speaker 3: Hundred people have already died and they're digging through rubble and it's just awful, right yeah, And it was felt in many surrounding areas. So that was my job, was to get reaction. So he sends me to this Colombian restaurant, smart because there's going to be obviously Colombian people and the people that run it will be Colombian, and I'm maybe they have family there. And so anyway, walked in, had my news pass on.
Speaker 1: I had.
Speaker 3: I looked very professional, and I went to the counter and unfortunately, the woman who is Colombian that owns the restaurant was in La today, but they got her on the phone and I needed to ask her, hose okay if I spoke to her customers that were eating in the restaurant, because sometimes people don't like that, and I totally get that that, you know, some of you don't want to be bothered when you're eating and the management might like not like it. But she said sure, that would be okay, thank you very much. So okay, I, oh no. I go to one table and a man and a woman were eating, and the guy offered me some chiceronis, which are a little different than Mexican chiceronis. I don't know. Do you know what chicherons are? I do, Okay, those are basically pigskin or what is it called? What are they called here? What are they called hair? I don't know. No, they're not called that hair. Like you buy them in a bag and they're crunchy. It's pick it's fried pigskin.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you know what I'm talking about.
Speaker 3: So these are a little different. So I'm like, thank you, and explained who I was sat down. The guy was nice. He didn't directly have any relatives there, but he did live in Colombia for six months, not in the area with the earthquake. But he explained to me what the Colombian people were like, and and I really, you know, they're apparently just the nicest people on planet Earth, and it's unfortunate. That's how I'm to do them.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: So I'm like, okay, thank you so much for your help, thank you for the ciceronis. And so I needed more sound. So I see another table and another man and a woman and they are eating. It looks like they just have coffees and like some kind of lunch or breakfast plate, and not that I was looking intently at their food at all, but that's what I remember. So I'm talking to the woman and she's like, oh, I'm not Columbian, but he is. I'm like, oh, he was reluctant to have any part of this. He wasn't mean in any way. He just needed a little bit more softening up, coaxing, and I knew he was going to have something. I just felt it like he was going to have something, a good sound bite, okay, and maybe he has family there, so he was getting ready to say I'm not interested in doing this, because sometimes they do, and I respect that, but I blurred it out. I will buy your lunch. I'll buy your lunch if you just answer like these three questions. I need to get this done. It's been taking me too long and I have to get back to the station and it airs tomorrow. Would you please help me. Then they're like, you don't have to do that, You really don't have to do that. I'm like, no, it'd be my pleasure. I'm bothering you. Guys are clearly eating and I'm sitting here at your table, it would be my pleasure. And this is this place. This restaurant, while authentic, was very very small, you might want to call it a hole in the wall type of place where you order at the front and then you get your food whatever. And it seemed like it had been there a long time. So the guy did give me some He didn't have family there necessarily, but he was talking about the landscape and about the buildings and about how they need to be retrofitted, and how Colombia's really spread apart. So it's kind of amazing that they felt the earthquake so far away in so many different areas and stuff. So I get what I think I got what I needed. I'm like, okay, good. So I said, okay, thank you so much. I really appreciate it. Thank you for learning me bother your lunch. I really appreciate it. And do you have a Can I take your check? And do I pay a from or whatever? And he's like, well, we haven't pay for yet. Just yeah, you go up front. Like okay, So I go to the front, go thank you so much. It's going to be on tomorrow morning, Coco Am six hundred. There's an app the iHeartRadio app told you how to listen to it and everything. So I said to the woman at the cashier at the cash register, and I said, hey, I'm buying the table over there. I'm buying their meal. Like really, yeah, because they really helped me out. Change chin. She flips the screen over to me. Seventy eight dollars. I had forty dollars. Am I checking my mom? I have money of my mother's that's in my savings. I panicked. I transferred enough money to cover the check. I go, hold on just a second, this will take me just a minute. As I'm fiddling with my bank app, fiddling with my bank app, and so I get enough money into my checking oh my god, to pay the bill. Now I have this much in my I have actually this And then there's like a it's it's not green lettering, it's black lettering, which means negative. Okay, because of this damn seventy eight dollars lunch, I'm like, they weren't even drinking anything. I didn't think, but boy, they sure had a lot of food, a lot a lot of food. This place was not an expensive place. Crazy, So I'm like, well, I've got to follow through I said what I said, I was going to do it.
Speaker 2: I'm doing it.
Speaker 3: So then it paid it, handle it and I said, thank you so much. You guys really appreciate it. And then I went back to the station and I told my boss. I told Cliff what happened. It's like, oh, no, let me pay you that. Cliff. No, this is not your fault. This is not your fault. This is my fault. And this was a lesson that I learned, an expensive lesson. This is on me. I don't expect the station to reimburse me out all this was on me.
Speaker 2: Agreed, I have two words for you.
Speaker 3: Do you agree with that? I was about to say, oh, you should ask the station to reimburse you, like, I understand why you don't want to do that. Yeah, because it is they didn't ask me to do that. This was a decision, I maged, I have two words for you.
Speaker 2: What only fans.
Speaker 3: Eric, Look, I think I'm too old, I don't have pretty feet, and what I have no talents. I can't like twist my tongue in weird direction.
Speaker 2: You actually do have a talent. You are very good at Uh. You could literally just do an only fans of you just flushing money down the toilet, and you'd make a fortune.
Speaker 3: Wiping my butt with money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, seriously, give you just a bunch of monopoly money and you just do stuff with it.
Speaker 3: Look, wow, I wouldn't be opposed to doing anything right now. Let me just put it out.
Speaker 2: Say, I'm gonna sign you up tonight.
Speaker 3: If you want to see Laura's boobs that bad, you could just say.
Speaker 2: That, yeah, totally. Hey, Laura Kane's cans, bring it on. Why are we waiting? That could be your only fans handle.
Speaker 3: Laura Kane's can. Yeah, Eric, But here's the problem with that. What I do have a career. I know you don't think what I do is.
Speaker 2: A career buying people lunch, doing.
Speaker 3: News reports and traffic reports ninety four. Oh yeah, that they're doing, you know, the helicopter stuff. That is my career. I can't the.
Speaker 2: Two never just a hobby.
Speaker 3: No, I'm no, I'm saying I can't show my boobs on only fans. If I have this career in news.
Speaker 2: You don't have to show your head. But it says Laura Kanes can, Oh right, maybe okay, we'll change your name.
Speaker 3: Well then then that it won't be funny. Yeah, well Laura's cans.
Speaker 2: No, we could figure something out.
Speaker 3: Katie's cans. We'll think of something anyway. So that tatas, I'm not showing my boobs on the internet.
Speaker 2: We'll talk about it later.
Speaker 3: No we won't.
Speaker 2: Yeah we will.
Speaker 3: So there's that. That was yet another expense.
Speaker 2: It could probably make tens of sense.
Speaker 3: How are these people? Okay? I heard that? Okay, Joe Rogan is a very very good podcast sor I listen to his podcast. I really like the way he interviews people, and I especially love all the UFO stuff that he does. I heard he's the highest seed podcaster, Yes, breaking in like eighty two million a year. Wait, what are we doing wrong? Or what are we doing wrong here? What's the problemo? Maybe we just aren't good speak for you are just starting good at this? Because damn not that we're worth eighty two million.
Speaker 2: But come on, I've gotta be pulling in soapin this whole like bank account thing is just it's just a show. She's no, it's not.
Speaker 3: It is all real life. That's what we are. We're unapologetically unfiltered.
Speaker 2: We're raking least twenty million here, wouldn't that be.
Speaker 3: So great to say, Oh, what to talk to you about this yet? Or not?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 3: Or should I ask for everybody's prayers.
Speaker 2: About what that?
Speaker 3: Sinister?
Speaker 2: Do you have a condition?
Speaker 3: Well, let me just say this, I sent a letter to.
Speaker 2: No, don't tell anybody yet, okay, no, what you told me.
Speaker 3: I'll just be vague about it. I won't say that.
Speaker 2: No, don't say I won't say the company. No, don't say anything yet.
Speaker 3: Just thoughts and prayers that this thing that I did work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thoughts and prayers.
Speaker 3: Because then we're getting some So it's not like I'm not trying little. I'm planting seeds. Yeah, and hopefully they will grow, they'll bloom. All right, mister Rimmer, before you get into the double D news, Yeah, what's up with the toe?
Speaker 2: So last week I went with a girlfriend. Oh, first of all, okay, I need to tell you.
Speaker 3: Something, Okay, for uh, I currently feel that I'm hanging onto the third rung of the Best Friend ladder with my pinky like this. My whole entire body is hanging off. I feel like I am about to fall off the third rung of the ladder, Okay, and I'm very worried about it because I haven't seen you, and I'm feeling well.
Speaker 2: Lots of things have transpired in two weeks. Jamm it really yeah? So next month I'm going to Palm Springs for four days. Karen, Julie, Heather.
Speaker 3: The pretty Ones, and possibly Marla.
Speaker 2: Now, now.
Speaker 3: Let me just say, I know you guys are friends from school?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Or are you? Are you all friends from school?
Speaker 2: No, Julie Funny are friends from work?
Speaker 3: So therefore my name could have been floated in that discussion? Was it ever floated in that y? And it was decided?
Speaker 2: They all said no, No, I'm kidding. No, No, you.
Speaker 3: Had to work, says who? Nobody asked me? Oh, don't you need to ask somebody before you know that?
Speaker 2: I thought you said you had to work?
Speaker 3: Nobody, ever, you never asked. In order for you to know that I have to work, you would have needed to ask me. Well, they voted me out.
Speaker 2: No, nobody voted me off the island. No, nobody voted you out.
Speaker 3: They just didn't consider me. So where am i? Am I still too? Or am I three? Okay?
Speaker 2: Waite?
Speaker 3: So all you and your besties, which I'm supposed supposed to be number two, which you would think Marla and your second bestie would be like, Wow, Palm Springs, we got to get all my girls together.
Speaker 2: You want to go.
Speaker 3: I'm feeling like I'm not welcome.
Speaker 2: No, you would totally be welcome after the guarantee that they wouldn't short cheat your bed or panty raide you or something. But no, well that probably I do that.
Speaker 3: That's not it. It just I was never in the running.
Speaker 2: No, you were always in the running.
Speaker 3: Eric, you're just saying that. But that doesn't matter. That's okay. Let's move on. So you're going to Palm Springs with all the rest of your besties except for one of the.
Speaker 2: Well, mar I don't know if Marla can go yet, but she's invited. No, she is not going. I haven't invited her yet. This just happened.
Speaker 3: But she was in discussions. She was in the discussions when you were talking no, no, no, no with the other people. Oh and Marla, No, oh, you're lying.
Speaker 2: I don't like tell by your eyes.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not anyway. All right, continue, Well, you're getting to the toe, getting to the toe story.
Speaker 2: So let me know if you want to go.
Speaker 3: Sure, Okay, I will let you know. I love this kind of thing where you're not really invited and you kind of invite yourself.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be like, hey, everybody, look who's tagging along everybody.
Speaker 3: I just wanted to say, I hope it's okay with everyone, but Laura Kane you you know what do you know?
Speaker 1: Laura?
Speaker 3: You know? You know the one I did the podcast with her? Yeah? Her, Yeah, I hope it's okay, but I asked her to go. Are we good with this? That's how it's gonna go.
Speaker 2: Then everybody's gonna cancel. It'll just be.
Speaker 3: Anyway, what's up with the toe? Well?
Speaker 2: Now, okay, here, here's let me let me add this. Now, I don't even know if I'm going to be able to go.
Speaker 3: Okay, it doesn't even matter anymore.
Speaker 2: The trip I might have to I might have to work.
Speaker 3: Trip does not matter anymore.
Speaker 2: Does that mean you don't want to go?
Speaker 3: No? I don't want to go.
Speaker 2: No, okay, everybody, we're I don't want to feel.
Speaker 3: Like that while I'm sitting at the pool, sipping my Virgin Pina Colada by myself, while everybody else is chatting it up like a storm, and I don't know. I'm on my phone.
Speaker 2: And then she comes over, We're like, you can't sit with us.
Speaker 3: I know anyway, forget it. Enough about that, what happened to your toe? So?
Speaker 2: M you know that restaurant, that's that Mexican restaurant that's it's at the base of that apartment community behind Fashion Valley. It's called like Pikachu or something.
Speaker 3: Or West No, it's it's.
Speaker 2: Across from where the old Union Tribune offices used to be.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: There's like a market there, and I forget what the name of the complex is, but it's a it's a Mexican restaurant. The food's supposed to be super healthy and everything. It is healthy, but it is also expensive. Okay, So we went there one night and we decided to try it. And the parking because there's a market and then there's office buildings and stuff. There's only like two spots for the restaurant, like four spots for the market, and then the rest all says reserved. If you park here, like it's restricted, you're going to get towed. So all the parking spots were taken, and I wasn't going to park in the reserve spots because it says right on there you'll get toed. So we decided to park across the street where the old Union Tribune offices.
Speaker 1: Used to be.
Speaker 2: It is I don't know if you've ever driven by it, but it is a massive parking lot. It is hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of spots and then they have a parking structure. Like on the west side. There's no cars, there's I'm driving around. There's no signs that say private property, don't park here, You're gonna get towed or anything. So I decide I'm going to park in the first spot right at the front so that I can keep an eye on it in case something happens. So we go in. We order our food. I ordered a case adea take a guess how our bill?
Speaker 3: So wait, wait, you ordered casadiya and a what a rooper or whatever?
Speaker 2: And she ordered, uh, that's all no chips?
Speaker 3: Did you did you do the were the chips? Did they cost money?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Sometimes at restaurants, I do see a chips, A and a coke.
Speaker 2: Okay, and we split the chips. She had a kid's menu that had like a taco and rice and beans. Okay, guess how much the bill was?
Speaker 3: And this is just that's it.
Speaker 2: That's just the two of us.
Speaker 3: What does she have to what you have to drink? Just the kids? Whatever's in the kids? No? And she had a margarita margarita okay, so we got to margarita in mix. I say that was forty bucks.
Speaker 2: Not even close, it's almost a hundred. How much like ninety seven dollars?
Speaker 3: Did you look on the menu to see how much the case of doa was before you ordered it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Quanto twenty eight dollars?
Speaker 3: What kind of case of doa was it?
Speaker 2: It was cheese and caramelized onions.
Speaker 3: Did it have gold flex in it?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: Did it have leg Was it infused with anything? No? Like rare?
Speaker 2: No? No meat, no, nothing?
Speaker 3: And then how much was a margarita?
Speaker 2: Twenty five dollars?
Speaker 3: And then the kid's menu should have been like I think.
Speaker 2: It was like thirty wow.
Speaker 3: So yeah, okay, what does this have to do with your toe?
Speaker 2: Anyway? So we were sitting side by side, and every couple of minutes I would turn around and look over her shoulder to make sure my car was still there. So our food comes, I go to take a bite, and I look over and I see a security guard taking photographs of my license. Oh no, so I don't say anything to dance. I jump up, run out the door. There's a ramp that you have to go down. I hoovered over the thing, ran down the embankment across the street. Traffic was coming both ways, and I have my arms out like screaming. I get to my car, jump in. They've already got the thing on my windshield and the tow truck driver is like backing on. And I just got my car and I start to leave and the guy's all, it is private property. I'm all they put some signs up. I had I waited one minute to because once your car is on the thing, oh you're done.
Speaker 3: Once the once the guy is out of his car, truck driver, and he's starting to write down yep.
Speaker 2: And he was already out of the car. It was already up. And I just got in and backed up and took off.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: And so I come I go back. I was like, well, there's nowhere else to park. So I go back into the lot and someone was just pulling out at the restaurant. Oh. So when we got there, two guys sat down next to us, took one look at the menu and got up and left, you know.
Speaker 3: So you by this close you saved getting toed.
Speaker 2: Yes, that is a five hundred dollars toe.
Speaker 3: And so it's not your toe. You're talking about the truck tow truck. Ah, dude, so that and if it was yeah, after hours, it's a whole.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, because it was a it was a that is the most expensive thing ever is getting towed. Oh yeah, it's terrible. And then you know you'd have to uber there. Then you have to. So I get back into the lot and someone was just pulling out of the restaurant parking and I pull in and as I'm walking back towards the restaurant, the waiter comes out and he's like, what happened? And I was like, dude, they were gonna tow me. And he goes, oh, they're vicious over there. And he's like, what did they write on your on your little window thing? And I said it just said toe immediately and then it's and we had, by the way, only been there under twenty minutes, like we were that security.
Speaker 3: God was so excited. I got land.
Speaker 2: I looked, I like looked for a security guard so I could say, hey, am I allowed to park here? Like it was completely empty. There was I think maybe one car in the lot of all those hundreds of spaces, and and he said, oh yeah, they're vicious. They toe like that out of there. And I said, and he goes and it's there's no signs that say private property. So I look at the bottom and they wrote in just like at the bottom private property.
Speaker 3: There's got to be a sign somewhere that's covered tree.
Speaker 2: I went the next day and looked, and there's nothing.
Speaker 3: Is it understood that since it is the Union Tribune building, that it is their property.
Speaker 2: But it's not the Union Tribune anymore. It's been vacant for.
Speaker 3: Years, but it could still be there.
Speaker 2: It could still be private property, but it doesn't. I can understand like parking in the parking garage, but this was just I mean, I guess if you were parking there and going to fashion, who knows. There's just so much parking. Oh my god. Man. I was like, well, won't be going.
Speaker 3: So next episode when I talk about my Oregon trip, which I will next episode, I'm going to talk to you guys during the break and see if I should.
Speaker 2: Tell the story.
Speaker 3: Okay, oh boy, you're not going to believe it if I'm allowed to, Okay, but we need to punch the music. Get into double D his name. There's a lot of juice stuff happening.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of juicy stuff happening.
Speaker 3: Special correspondent too.
Speaker 2: Oh, I have a special correspondent from Los Angeles. Yeah, yes, Laura Cankane.
Speaker 3: Laura Kanescans.
Speaker 2: So are you watching Furious on Hulu? You're not?
Speaker 3: Why should I tell me?
Speaker 2: Laura Cain It is right up your alley. It's about a female serial killer and it is great. It's got Emmy Rossum in it.
Speaker 3: Have Okay, am I supposed to watch Silo too?
Speaker 2: What's that?
Speaker 3: Have you heard of Silo? No? I see it everywhere every time I like log into. I think it's on Netflix maybe, and everybody tells me to watch that too. Okay, continue, Okay, that's.
Speaker 2: Really good Furio so Furious, Furious and it's Emmy Rossam from Remember she was in that about the Crazy Family. Yeah, and she's great in it. And it is such a good show. I just finished last night on Netflix. It's called I Will Find You. It's an eight episode show about a guy who's convicted of the murder of his little boy. And it turns out nothing is what heat. It seems to me it is great. I also got addicted to the show. I don't know how I got roped into this The Valley just as bad housestas on Hulo.
Speaker 3: Oh I want to see that.
Speaker 2: Okay, let me just say this. Yeah, she's beautiful. Her poor husband, bo I feel is he beaten? Like so like a dog pound dog? Poor guy?
Speaker 3: Do they show pictures of her kids clearly seen, yes, and have red hair? Isn't it one of them? That little hair?
Speaker 2: Oh? I think the little girl is like a strawberry blonde. Yeah, but she makes no bones about the fact that her kids are nightmares, all that he had stopped working when they had kids. He was a I think you did casting for movies and stuff like that. And he wants to go back to work and she's like, absolutely not. And then it comes with the I pay everything for you, and he's like, I want to go back to work, but she's like no. So it it gets crazy.
Speaker 3: I saw a show I remember the movie The Wolf of Waltz Leonardo DiCaprio. This is a documentary three parts about the guy real. This is a real story, and they interview some of the guys that were also in the movie, like the Jonah Hill character, and like some of the Holy Mother of God. Almost every single part of that movie is real. Really, all the hookers, the drugs, the craziness that happened, the speech is, the money, the this, the that, and then they they a couple of them end up in jail. But it tells the true story of behind the movie.
Speaker 2: What's that on?
Speaker 3: It's so good? I believe Hulu. Maybe I don't know, just look it up. It's the Wolf of Wall Street documentary.
Speaker 2: Oh, okay, I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's something simple like that.
Speaker 2: Okay. I went and saw The Odyssey.
Speaker 3: Oh, how was that?
Speaker 2: It was good? It's very good.
Speaker 3: I saw Spider Man.
Speaker 2: Did you like it?
Speaker 3: I loved it?
Speaker 2: You did.
Speaker 3: I haven't seen a Spider Man since Toby maguire.
Speaker 2: Wow, Because you don't really like those kind of movies.
Speaker 3: I don't generally, but I really appreciated the the the special effects, and I think that guy is so cute. Uh what's his name? Oh my gosh, I didn't realize how cute and handsome he is. He's a great Spider Man. Okay, it was really I enjoyed it. Very much.
Speaker 2: So are you watching the Shards?
Speaker 3: I'm starting to watch that.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's really good.
Speaker 3: Cindy Crawford's daughters in it, kind of God, is she the most beautiful person?
Speaker 2: God, she's so gorgeous.
Speaker 3: Talk about hitting the you know, she got well, her dad is beautiful and the mom is.
Speaker 2: Usually that's not always the case sometimes when they're the parents are both beautiful, the kid isn't that great looking, you know, right, So yeah, but yeah, she is absolutely gorgeous. I at first, I was like, I don't No, I'm not a big fan of a lot of Ryan Murphy stuff, but this is getting good.
Speaker 3: A group of friends and a new guy comes into the group, the Fold, and like something.
Speaker 2: Happens and there's all these crazy going on. Oh you haven't.
Speaker 3: I'n't gotten to the point where the new guy is starting to create chaos.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's okay, only six two episodes out right now.
Speaker 3: Oh, I don't like it when they do that. I want everything all at once.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The New Housewives twenty Girls trip just started tonight.
Speaker 3: Is that just random?
Speaker 2: The Kyle and they're all getting together and I just watched the first episode and they're already all fighting, So this should be good. I watched for the third time Lee Cronan's The Mummy.
Speaker 3: Oh the new one. Oh the Mummy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Little Kid. If you guys haven't seen it, it is good. You better not watch it.
Speaker 3: Are we going to talk about Perez Hilton.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's the next thing I'm talking about. So, uh, Perez Hilton crashed out in Florida. His I did not know this. He has three kids.
Speaker 3: And he's a single father.
Speaker 2: He's a single kids alone. Yeah, and then the family was there and I guess he was on TikTok and just started cutting himself. He was nude and just started slashing himself with a knife.
Speaker 3: Perez Hilton is a guy from back in the day. He's like one of the original bloggers, one of the original entertainment bloggers. And he got he he tweaked Paris Hilton's name to Perez Hilton. And he used to be really mean, remember how and nasty. He used to be hair of every single celebrity and then yeah, down through the years he's made like apologies, like yeah, and then he started to get nicer, and then he become became like less famous.
Speaker 2: He did and what really got him in a lot of trouble is he came out with like a clothing line and one of the t shirts it was Heath Ledger. It was a picture of him from broke Back Mountain, and it's like, why couldn't it have been Brittany because he's dead, you know, and so like really mean stuff about her mental health and stuff like that. So I have to say there's been a lot of people online that have been like who cares, and well, you never want to shame somebody that's going through a mental health crisis. I can see both sides. There's a lot of sympathy, but I can also see people that are angry with him because that's how he built his foundation, was being so mean and airing out people were mad horrible things about people.
Speaker 3: Asked for privacy at this time, and they're like, oh, like you gave the celebrity that you slammed mercilessly. Yeah, privacy, No you don't get that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, people were asking for privacy and he was just trolling them terribly. So well, you know, he's on some sort of like a it's called like BAFM or something like that, and it's some sort of a thing where he's being kept at the hospital until they can.
Speaker 3: It's a seventy two hour hold. Well he was fifty. They have a different name for it in the state he's in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's exactly what it is.
Speaker 3: Is it a third three day hold or did they do it.
Speaker 2: I don't know the amount of time, but it's a hold. But the only people that are allowed to see him are his family. And then I guess he lost a lot of like he looked like carry white at the prom, like there's no other way to say it. Like TikTok it was a butter knife. It was a butter knife. Yeah, and people were literally saying like, oh my god, somebody call the police, like it was. It was crazy. And then it took a while for TikTok to take it down because it was on TikTok Live. You can't find it. Now they've stripped that whole thing, which is good that you're not seeing somebody do that. Yeah, but yeah, it was. And then I guess the minute the family realized, oh this is he's in the middle of something, they got the kids out of there, which good, like the kids were not there when all this went down. But what else is I just gonna say, I.
Speaker 3: Don't know if this has to do with like a sobriety. You know who lost his sobriety.
Speaker 2: Brad Pitt. Yeah, I just just read that just as I was coming in here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, he. I don't know much more about it other than he's admitting it, which is that's a step in the right direction, and you know what it happens sometimes that's part of somebody's recoveries or relapse.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, with Perez Hilton, there's been a lot of like he got sepsis, he had to learn to walk again. I guess he had some sort of a deep vein thrombosis, a bunch of crazy stuff. But suddenly he's just been quoting all this stuff from the Bible and it's been really strange.
Speaker 3: Like mental break.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, so yeah, well, yeah, it's not good. I don't know if you guys know who William Morbit is. He's the music producer that did Madonna's like break not breakout album, but one of her best. It was called Ray of Light. He passed away over the weekend at sixty nine, and he's worked with Britney Spears no doubt, you two. His cause of death is they're not letting anybody know right now, you know who morrisy is. Of course, he had our residency scheduled in Vegas and he canceled the entire thing one week before his first show. But he's notorious for doing this.
Speaker 3: He was.
Speaker 2: He had a couple concerts scheduled for out Here and sante Go and canceled them like the night before. So I don't know if he suddenly has stage fright or if it's some sort of a I don't know what the deal is. And then do you remember the movie Phantasm?
Speaker 3: Is it the Disney one?
Speaker 2: No, the steel Ball that had the spikes in it? That it was the horror movie from like the early eighties. Oh well, the star of that, Reggie Banister, he died at eighty and then Ben Jones, who played Cooder on Dukes of Hazzard, died at eighty four. Uh, it's Kylie Jenner's birthday and her sister Kim her Hidden Hills mansion was robbed and the robber took a staffer's card for a joy ride before being arrested, and.
Speaker 3: That's all that. He didn't get anything. No Kylie Jenny, Yeah, she had her birthday cake, and her cake was her body. It was a of course, it was the form of her body like and they just like cut through it. I have to tell you about a TV show that I was on this weekend and I'm going to be on again soon. What it's called Sober. It's a news show. Tommy Sebalan is the host. It's on Fox five and it's on Kisside because now they're under the same umbrella Next Star. And I was on with Jeane McAllister, who had she starts. She started the McAllister Institute. There are institutes all over the county.
Speaker 2: Oh, that was a great interview.
Speaker 3: This woman doesn't have I have nineteen years. She isn't that twenty or thirty or forty or fifty or sixty. She is seventy years of sobriety. What she's ninety four?
Speaker 2: She's ninety four.
Speaker 3: Can you even believe that? She'd I go, you're lying.
Speaker 2: There's no way she got sober at twenty four.
Speaker 3: This woman is the most spry with it, unbelievably energetic, coolest woman. I couldn't believe it. I go, no, you're not, you are lying.
Speaker 2: She does not look like she's ninety four years old.
Speaker 3: At and wow, how many people has she helps?
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: But I want to tell you there's an app that you can download. It's the Fox five KUIs I Now app and you can watch it that way, but it's going to rerun. I had to write. Tommy was telling me all this on Fox tomorrow at two thirty in the afternoon, and on Thursday at two thirty the show that we recorded, and also on kivas ID Wednesday at one thirty and on Friday at one thirty. Okay, and I am going to record another show with Tommy on Wednesday featuring Thor from Rock one oh five to three, and I'll tell you when that's going to be honest.
Speaker 2: That's awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's endless people for him to interview. And like he said in the beginning, this is not something like we're preaching it. We're just sharing stories and then if you feel like it resonates with you, then we have places for.
Speaker 2: You to go fantastic.
Speaker 3: So yeah, oh my gosh, I have so much more to talk about, but we got to end this one. So yeah, okay, wow, And I didn't even say in the beginning, this is Laura Kane after Dark. We didn't even introduce ourselves. We didn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh, I think we're just so excited.
Speaker 3: I know we were so excited. Okay, so mark down August thirty. First, that's our party, our podcast party. I'll show you one thing that you may able to win.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, I'm white not cling it.
Speaker 3: This is the shirt. Okay, this is the shirt. It's just this is whatever, you know, cute, cute. It has a little logo in the corner that is lower character dark. And this is the back. It's me and Eric. We both by chance have a picture of us with sunglasses with one lens missing, and Eric is smoking a fake cigarette and it says unapologetically unfiltered, and then it says, yeah, I listened to it.
Speaker 2: And it's hilarious that on the glasses these are taking completely years apart and it's the same lens on the side.
Speaker 3: I know. I thought it was fun. So that's just one of the things. I'll show you more our next episode. But with that, thank you so much for listening. Thank you, Old Glow. Get your tickets together begin again, and love love you, Claire. So good to see you, and I want you to talk about like what you've been up to. Next episode Okay, promise yes, okay, love your podcast. I love you, I love you to