Speaker 1: You are about to witness amazing Emo has conding living Mon's property of all times.
Speaker 2: Yes, my bow suck on you bow down to your laster.
Speaker 3: Can you dig it?
Speaker 2: Then you did it?
Speaker 4: There you digger.
Speaker 1: Allowed to play, Allowed to play, come out to play, come out to plays.
Speaker 2: For pistols on the person.
Speaker 1: The sun is rising God, Oh wake up, wake up down, don't worry.
Speaker 2: We're all here to show you how.
Speaker 1: Jenna Wits Horses, Law Station k and moj Home of the Listens. It's a Sam movie.
Speaker 2: Don't turn downtown TuS wait and say are you ready?
Speaker 5: Are you ready to jove?
Speaker 2: It's time to start to show. Craps. Think you're going about Prescot.
Speaker 1: Whisping Man Mary Show, Welcome to the working week. It's all such a bore kick back, makes up the stuff in and make it hardcore.
Speaker 4: Hang you with me and then mess pick up your phone.
Speaker 2: There lot, you're on the air.
Speaker 6: Dott, good old morning, It's the Big Man Morning Show, BMMS and whatever you'd like to say to eight two nine four five. You can also listen to online website at rocksiscmod dot com. Pass shows are available on iTunes search under BMMS.
Speaker 2: Listen with your cell phone.
Speaker 6: Get the iHeartRadio app available from the app store of your cell phone provider. More on that at iHeartRadio dot com.
Speaker 2: And we are on.
Speaker 6: Facebook, Facebook dot com, slash BMMS six y nine. That's where you can hang out with us each and every day. Good morning, Lindsay, Good morning, Good morning, Gimbi Waal, Good morning. Tickets to Shine Down or up for grabs at seven thirty. That show is May twenty third at the pay Comm Center and OKC. Get your tickets paycomcenter dot com. We're gonna see what Gimby wants to talk about. We've got conspiracy Theory Thursday.
Speaker 2: This is where we talk about some conspiracies that are quite common, some that are not. We'll get to that coming up later.
Speaker 6: And then the legend Kyle Petty's joining us. Of all the interviews I thought we'd ever get to do, Kyle Petty was never.
Speaker 2: On the list, but I am glad that it is.
Speaker 6: Hell yeah, and he'll be in town for a cool event.
Speaker 2: We'll explain that coming up here shortly.
Speaker 7: I love.
Speaker 6: Really weird and uncomfortable things, right, like really uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: I brought up before the guy who had.
Speaker 6: Drink pond water and said he was never gonna get giardia.
Speaker 2: He was like, so many days until I get grdi.
Speaker 6: He made it six days and we've never heard from him again, which I hope he didn't get it, but I love the idea that that's a bit and we're never going to hear from him again, right, But he just assumes he's dead.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dead from diarrhea.
Speaker 6: So I love those type of really weird things. There's a new one I found online that I've tried to pursue how that happens here, but I can't figure it out.
Speaker 2: So what this guy does is he goes and finds.
Speaker 6: Food for sale on Craigslist or Facebook marketplace. Okay, now not food, like hey, I'm selling my tomatoes.
Speaker 2: Food Like, hey, I make food. Oh would you like to buy it? Okay, Okay. So he's done some places like.
Speaker 6: She was called the Potato Lady, and she did a bunch of different ways of potatoes, so like tato salad and a baked potato, a baked sweet potato that was actually encrusted in like dough and fried, and yeah, I mean crazy things. Some of them are pretty good, a lot of them are not, so like the one I watched yesterday he went and got this guy sold wings and and Dorito's Dorito covered cheese sticks, okay, and so he bought these things and it was like Chipotle barbecue sauce was supposed to be one of the wing flavors. And the guy made his own homemade blue cheese and so and so when he showed the container, the container was yellow. Now, yeah, for those who don't know, blue cheese is not supposed to be yellow. Blue white mostly, yeah, yeah, white mostly. And he was like, oh, so he stirred it with his finger to taste it, and when he pulled out his finger.
Speaker 2: The viscosity was not there, because you really.
Speaker 6: Thick, like not too far away from pancake batter, maybe a little bit more runny than pancake bat. Pancake batter right, cover your finger like the back of a spoon on gravy would cover the back.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 6: So he sticks his finger in. It's translucent and it quickly runs off his hand. Ew yeah, and he's like, I think the heat might have gotten to this. You must be an expert, sir. Nonetheless, he tries it, and he goes in heads and eats it, and he opens these Chipotle barbecued wings, and they're naked wings with just a squirt like a squirt of barbecue sauce on him, not tossed, not coated, nothing like if I made wings, if I boiled wings and then put them in a tray and then covered him in. I mean, they looked vile. And this is what I'm signing up for. This is what I want to see. I don't want to see it be good, and that's okay to throw that in occasionally. I want to see the absolute trainer. I don't even care if he eats it. And apparently it is against the rules of Craigslist. I don't know about Facebook marketplace to sell food online, which kind of makes sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it makes complete sense.
Speaker 8: Which is odd that Craigslist, of all of them, are the ones that like listen.
Speaker 6: Safety, right, that's what we're focused on Craigslist, and most of us didn't know Craigslist was still a thing until I just brought it up.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: That, and so I tried to go searching for food that you can buy, not that I wanted to buy, I just wanted it.
Speaker 2: Was curious to how common this is now.
Speaker 6: I've known people in groups to be like, hey, there's a lady that sells Tomali's.
Speaker 2: I think she's called the Tamali Lady.
Speaker 6: And that's how she started her like her business, and then became a food truck and now she's got a brick and mortar, right, And so I know that that's some people do that, that's.
Speaker 2: Their lineage of doing things.
Speaker 6: And I'd like to think most people are sanitary.
Speaker 2: I'd like to.
Speaker 6: Think most people wash their hands. But I've also been in people's homes and they have ninety five cats and birds that they let fly around, and don't you know, just put newspaper on the floor and clean it. I mean, ask any cable installer or bug guy or whatever how clean people's houses are exactly, and they're going to tell you not clean. Yeah, And there's no I'm not even gonna ask the question because I feel like it better be no on whether you would get food this way, even if it was like, hey, it's got to be the best, I would need to see a lineage of people not die right or get sick or get equal eye. Not only that, where do you go to their house to pick it up, by the way, or you meet them on a street corner, which is what this guy mostly does Walmart parking lot. Yes, and sometimes it's packaged professionally, and like the wing one I mentioned that was just wrapped in some foil and then rolled up. But do you wait for a guy just waits for his order to come in via Facebook messenger? No, right, and then he's like, oh, i'd better make some wings.
Speaker 2: I'll see you in about thirty minutes.
Speaker 6: Now, I'm not talking about those type of places that Red Robin did this for a while. Would they they had a secret kitchen that was only available through door dash?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, mister Beast has one too, I believe.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it might even be the Red Robin one, but that that's how you got the burger or whatever. Yeah, I know there's a couple places that do that in town.
Speaker 2: I've never taken taken advantage of that.
Speaker 6: But it's not the same because they have to follow health and stay safety standards right.
Speaker 8: And they're in and already brick and mortar establishment. It's just a ghost kitchen is all they are. I think secret menu items. Yeah, not Joe's House now.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 6: I did do some searching and found some people that do meal prep right, like they're Macro friendly, high protein whatever, food meal prep and you think that's better because you know, well it's meal prep. They obviously care about being healthy. Yeah, I don't assume that right when money is involved. Don't not assume that though. That is not the way that that works. People just want to make money, and so I found a lot of people that do that, and a lot of I gotta be honest, I probably would trust that. Yeah, but that's why I'm also pretty apprehensive about trying food at work when somebody's like, hey, I brought some brownies.
Speaker 2: Right, because you just never know. I just don't know them.
Speaker 8: Right now, Let's say it was somebody at work that you've been over to their house multiple times. I don't want to say hangout regularly, but yeah, you know what I'm saying, you've been over there, you know how they live. Well, that change your mind? Would you try their food then, or at least be more app to do it, to try it.
Speaker 6: And maybe maybe maybe maybe I don't know, because but again, you don't have to follow the rules.
Speaker 2: There's nothing in jeopardy for you.
Speaker 6: No, No, everybody picks their nose, you know what I'm saying. And I know I'm just generalizing, but you pick your backside, right, you you pet your dog who's been outside rolling and god knows what, right, and then you just go back to stir in the batter, right, and you're just making food. But to me, you are living a wild lifestyle by doing that.
Speaker 2: And the guy's got to he's like, eh, yeah, some people like to live on the edge like that.
Speaker 6: Man, He's like, you're sitting there not work, worried about I don't know what's happening. Something's happening. Uh oh yeah, no, that would be that would be on me. I'm gonna be honest with you, guys. I'm near the end of my mind.
Speaker 5: You too, are you and me both?
Speaker 2: We literally just did a whole segment over a stop set, the greatest segment that nobody ever heard.
Speaker 8: Or maybe they did, just blended in with the commercials subliminal messaging, and I'm.
Speaker 6: Just completely frustrated with absolutely everything and everyone. Am I on that last You're lumped in just by just by proximity?
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, I'll accept it. And now I don't know what to do.
Speaker 6: We talked that sucks so bad, and listen, I understand that this I'm ranting now.
Speaker 2: Probably sharing things I shouldn't share.
Speaker 6: I'm literally near the end of my rope with this job in this company, and this isn't a fishing I don't need you to text and be like, well, we love it, like I appreciate that. This is more of my mental journey.
Speaker 2: Can I interest you in a value.
Speaker 6: No, because I'm not a believer in medicating the pain. Nonetheless, that sucks. That happened. The whole clock's jacked up now, and it's my fault. This, This was my fault. This happened because of my lack of attention.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, I get excited talking about Craigslist food. People are saying I heard the segment.
Speaker 6: It's it's fine, nothing happened, Okay, but still it's the fact.
Speaker 2: It's just.
Speaker 6: I'm sweating right now. I'm so frustrated. I need you to duplicate that back. I got to be able to play the stop set on the air. I need you to duplicate that back for me. You know what, that would be nice if I knew what you meant by duplicating that bag. Okay, I can't create the entire segment, Yes you can not the segment what we missed, Yes, I got it.
Speaker 2: I will I will take care of it. Thanks. Nonetheless, I feel worthless.
Speaker 6: I hope you can work that out with your therapist. Yeah, we'll take your value, your saving for me.
Speaker 2: I'll take both of ours. Yeah. Uh, let's see here. That was that okay?
Speaker 6: Because I saw this, I saw the thing move and I was like, what's happening? Why is that doing that?
Speaker 2: Why is that? Okay? So do that? Do that. Let's see if this fixes it, and then we'll take a break. Maybe I'll come back. I don't know, we'll see. It's time for news quaggies, world news, local news and news that just makes you say what. Here's Corbyn, Gimbe and Lindsay with what's going on news squakies from the Big Med Morning showing nineties on the.
Speaker 5: Five couple charged ninety five hundred dollars for putting diesel in a rental car. This happened in Canada, e where Canadians Kelly and Catherine Graves returned from an amazing road trip but found that their post a vacation buzz spoiled by an unexpected bill from Enterprise Rental Car. The bill claimed they put diesel fuel in the vehicle, so they in turn owed the company nine five hundred dollars because the car would no longer start. Not only did the duo deny the allegation, but they fired back with receipts and pictures to back up their case. It turns out that the twenty twenty five dodged duringo that they rented was designed with protections to avoid things like this from happening, meaning it was impossible to shove a diesel fuel nozzle into the filler.
Speaker 2: Neck yeah uh, the other different girths.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And the airport was thirty miles from their last fuel stop, so the car wouldn't have it would have acted up had diesel fuel been used. So nine months later, representation was enlisted and the charge was dropped, citing an inability to verify the source of the diesel fuel. And this story has since gone viral and commentors are calling this a scam perpetrated by companies on customers who don't have the documentation that can help fight them, that can help, you know, back up their claims. So they're using this as a warning to everyone of people that will try to get money from you, make sure that you document your when you rent these cars and stuff.
Speaker 2: You would think.
Speaker 8: That a corporation though, like that major rental car corporation.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't do that.
Speaker 8: But I guess you can't necessarily know who's working for you exactly.
Speaker 2: Think of it like, yeah, when you go.
Speaker 8: To a fast food restaurant, you order the food, you pay for the food, the guy who took your order in the drive through wrings it up, cancels it out, pockets the cash.
Speaker 5: Right exactly.
Speaker 8: It's not the corporation's fault, it's just the worker who went through it.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 8: But with that being said, how is the worker going to get the ninety five hundred that they say is owed to the rental car company?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's a good question, unless they maybe they put a faked dress on there or you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you could.
Speaker 5: Cash app Venmo.
Speaker 8: If any corporation asked me to cash app them, I'm already sus yeah, you know, because that just put look from your bank, not here's my cash, am, here's here's my venmo. Boyfriend stabbed over air fryer chicken. This comes out of Washington, Or twenty seven year old gown named Mikayla and her boyfriend Lucas were supposed to have dinner one night and Lucas comes over to her house. He brings some chicken legs, some drum sticks, and some east seasoning for the air fryer. Gonna cook up some chicken, have a good night. But Mikayla didn't like that. She told him earlier that she wanted to go out and that the change in plans upset her. So an argument breaks out and that's when old Lucas, at least according to Micayla anyway, started pushing her buttons.
Speaker 2: So what did she do?
Speaker 8: She grabs a knife, plunges it through the man's heart, stabs him right and plunges it through his chest, stamps them in the heart.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 8: Of course, she calls nine one one. The guy's dead. The police take her in. On the way to the police station, that's where she told him that she did stab him and that she should have gone to the bar instead, and that she added to the what she was telling the police that if his parents didn't hate her before, they're definitely gonna hate her now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she murdered him, Yeah, over some chicken. Over chicken?
Speaker 5: Does that does that make it to the list?
Speaker 2: No, because he wouldn't assaulted with chicken.
Speaker 3: Ah?
Speaker 8: Wow, Now if she stripped the chicken leg, had the bone sharpened it to a point, stabbed him in the chest that way, I think that would count.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Santa arrested in child predator sting. A Florida man known for playing Santa at holl events is now facing charges following an undercovered child predator investigation. Sheriff's office says sixty year old Thomas Comesit on my Lap. Hicks was taken into custody during a multi day steam targeting people seeking sex with children online. Investigators say Hicks responded to an ad posted by law enforcement that said, hey, you want to be like the government, knowing the advertised child involved was thirteen years old. He is now facing multiple charges, including human trafficking and traveling to meet a minor.
Speaker 2: I can't speak for you, guys. I get in a car, pull out of the driveway, and as I'm pulling out, I go, where am I going? What am I doing? Why am I doing this?
Speaker 6: I don't know if this individual does that, but that means they backed out and went I'm going to meet at kid?
Speaker 2: Well, what was going to go to work today?
Speaker 6: In his defense, he's probably said that a lot right because he's Sana.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but there's a difference between I'm gonna go see some kids and make their hopes and wishes. We'll at least get their hopes and wishes up anyway, and then I'm going to go have sex with one.
Speaker 6: I'm just saying it's probably not the first time he's traveled to meet a minor. True, But because he's wearing a Santa suit of a make believe person, sorry, kids, then it's completely okay.
Speaker 8: Oh so you're saying outside of Santa, this is what the guy's done. I'm saying when he does it as Santa Claus, we're.
Speaker 2: Fine with it. Yeah, Santa Claus Easter Bonnie. But once he takes the costume off, he's still a two movies. Yeah, he was the same guy.
Speaker 8: When do we just, I don't know, cancel all mascots like that Santa's Easter Bunnies because it seems like this happens more so than not.
Speaker 6: It just seems the lines blurred. I guess, right, right, because how do you trust Maybe I don't know if you should trust the Santa you go to wherever, compared to the guy who does this for a living, right, I'm not saying the person that does it at whatever location isn't trying to make a living, but he's not betting his life on it.
Speaker 8: Oh so you're not like seasonal workers like that. Yes, I mean Santa is seasonal work. Let's clear that up. Yeah, I mean, listen, I'm sure you can hire a Santa to come to your your party in May.
Speaker 2: Do they have off season hours?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 8: I'm sure because you know you've heard of the whole Christmas in July, right, so you'll need a Santa Claus.
Speaker 2: Then.
Speaker 8: I've never heard of a single DeMaio Santa. But I'm not saying that it can't happen. Saint Patrick's Day Santa, No, does not work. Yeah, dreams day Santa.
Speaker 6: Okay, I'm gonna say this, and I've never said it out that what time is it. I've never said this out loud. There's a little bit of Hansel and Gretel ish about Santa and Missus Claus, like brothers, no, like the fairy Tale of Hansel and Gretel, and they're just like, oh, the lady's got candy.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah yeah. And when you.
Speaker 6: See pictures of Santa and Missus Claws and you're like, look, how fun that looks.
Speaker 2: Oh and you're giving me here's some candy, little girl. Uh huh, get in a van.
Speaker 6: Come sit on my Come sit on my love. Oh miss Clause help them m hm oh god.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's there's a little bit of predator esh things that come. And I know some of you are very diehard Christmas people. This is not about Christmas. No, it's about Greeby's ANDAs this is.
Speaker 6: This is about the line people taking advantage of that feeling.
Speaker 5: Well, first you trust missus Clause, then you trust Santa.
Speaker 6: Well, she's a doctrine, so right, she's just afraid of being whipped.
Speaker 8: I wonder if there are couples like that that work as a mister and missus Clause and prey on the young like that.
Speaker 2: I just read a story. We're fifty percent of that. That's true, right of both of them. Well, no, but what a man does, That's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 8: I mean, you kind of expect it from the man because the men are creepy, right, But for the couple to get into it at together and do it as a couple, I'm sure there's.
Speaker 2: Gotta be cases out there like that.
Speaker 6: I can only guess the argument of why Santas are okay? Is you would say something to the effect of they brings joy to little kids' faces.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sure, sure.
Speaker 6: But I see a lot of kids cry around Santa, just saying freak out. Yeah, and they we're like, no go, here's a child innocent, doesn't know anything. It's self defense mechanism is like ew right, and we're like, no go. We've been standing in line.
Speaker 2: We're making memories. Damn it. You should love Santa. Right.
Speaker 6: Oh, that just hit me. We're a heart of the God.
Speaker 2: Enabling the molestation.
Speaker 6: I mean, you're definitely not going yeah, trust your gut. What do we do with aunt? When your kid has an aunt and uncle and they're like kids are like eh, You're like, you hug your aunt, you hug your uncle.
Speaker 2: She always goes.
Speaker 5: You think, yeah, you thank them for that card, you kiss you?
Speaker 2: What is this world turned into? Kids?
Speaker 6: I think you naturally have that defense mechanism, but we just bust it down. Trust an old man who's dressed up thinking to be someone else. You hug your uncle, you sit on his lap. All right, we got to take a break.
Speaker 2: We'll be back.
Speaker 8: That's rush more of the Big Man Morning shown.
Speaker 5: We're coming at you with a thousand dollars in about an hour from now. When you rock the band for that keyword, and when you hear it, enter it online at kmod dot com for one thousand bucks. You got thirteen chances throughout the day to win. At eight o'clock is your first chance with that keyword.
Speaker 8: Good luck, Good morning, gimpee, well, good morning Corbin. The Drillers are playing tonight down at one Oakfield, taking on the San Antonio missions, and I want you to come join me. I'll be throwing the first pitch out. You can see my fancy jersey that they gave me. It's custom and it's just for me. And uh, you can actually get one yourself. It won't have my name on it or your name on it, but you will get a Tulsa Connect jersey if you come on down buying for your tickets at Tulsa Drillers dot com.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go ahead and see what Gimpi's got.
Speaker 9: You are my kind of wrong way.
Speaker 10: Brown, no world, Take my strong hand, give train Almos, give train, no world, take my trum get all my damn.
Speaker 2: You are my kind of cripple.
Speaker 8: Gimpi tremendous all right, So recently the government, the man has rescheduled cannabis from a scheduled one to a schedule three. And as a cannabis user and a fan, and I know there's a lot of us out there, I don't know dick about this. I know that it changes from making it a schedule one like you know, heroin and whatnots to a schedule three like testosterone like you can get at the Low T Center. Okay, So to have somebody come on and explain this, I brought on Daniel Lewis from the Cowboy Cup.
Speaker 6: He's on the phone with us right now because he is the most knowledgeable person that I know that I think can help us through this kind of explain what the rescheduling means.
Speaker 2: Daniel, Good morning.
Speaker 7: Hey, good morning, GiB How are you guys.
Speaker 8: Good to hear from you, man, Good to hear from you, buddy. So Daniel, let's just kind of take it from the top here. I just said, what I know about this, What does the rescheduling of cannabis mean on the federal level.
Speaker 7: Well, I don't know, you know, I don't know what you guys just talked about, but you know, let's say, you know, what is what is the drug schedule? Right, So in nineteen seventy, Nixon signed into law the Controlled Substances Act, which basically had the DEA schedule or classify drugs based on their potential for abuse and dependence, safety, medical qualities. And they started with Schedule one, two, three, four, and five, and Schedule one is the highest potential for abuse, highly illegal, federally illegal, meaning doctors can't prescribe it. And then as you go on down the list, those qualifications kind of lower all the way to you know, rovetestin ac and stuff like that. So when they rescheduled, they took cannabis from the highest schedule Schedule one no no medical use to schedule three, which I'm not sure that I agree that that's where it belongs.
Speaker 9: To me.
Speaker 7: Anything any lower than where tobacco and alcohol is isn't really acceptable, which is not on the schedule at all. But this does do some this does do some good things. It does some things, and it doesn't do some things. And then there's there's still some things that are in the air with it, right, and so, so I know we've touched on this before, but why why was cannabis put on Schedule one to begin with. And the answer is is really racism. You know, back in the nineteen thirties was when it when it legally, you know, federally became illegal. Marijuana was and it was it was due to you know, they were wanting to put Mexican immigrants in jail. And you know, obviously throughout the world cannabis has been used in for medicine or for religious purposes. And for some reason, these guys got it in their head that they wanted to run the Mexicans out. We needed a good excuse to arrest them, and so they created the marijuana tax actions. That was you know, part of their culture. And black people too. You know, black people historically in jazz clubs were smoking cannabis and they and they needed a reason to put them all in jail basically, and so they did, and it's remained there for all these years, and then in nineteen seventy there's remained illegal. And then in nineteen seventy Nixon passed that Controlled Substances Act, which which created a schedule you know, basically keeping it keeping it illegal.
Speaker 2: Okay, go ahead, yeah.
Speaker 9: No, yeah.
Speaker 7: So you know the question is what does this do for Oklahoma cannabis. Right, yeah, And so it's going to affect three things. You've got patients, You've got how it affects businesses, and then how it's going to affect you know, future research. And really, you know, from first look, it looks like it's going to open up a lot of these things. You know, I think people are nervous that that big farm is going to come in and take over and and you know, basically run all of these these cannabis companies that have that have you know, grown over all these years of.
Speaker 4: State legalization.
Speaker 7: Out of business. I I don't really see that happening what I can So there's a lot of stuff that we don't really know about. It's all it's all so early. But what what I can tell you what it does do is a it relieves banking burdens for for cannabis companies. For all these years, cannabis companies can't go get conventional loans because the banks are insured by fd I c cannabis is federally illegal even though it was on the state level. It closed down banking tax burden and so these dispensaries and these grows for all these years have only been able to write off basically cost the goods what it costs them to purchase and sell those goods, meaning payroll, you can write off payroll, couldn't write off your leaves, couldn't write off insurance, couldn't write off advertising. The SCC was regulating advertising, and so you couldn't, you know, basically to advertise you went to one of my festivals or or or you know, some radio stations have kind of allowed it. You guys know, you guys know all the ins and outs of that, and so it's been real hard for companies to compete in other industries. We're just you know, we're a step behind, especially, I mean, imagine not being able to file taxes on all your expenses. Well, now that opens all that up definitely, and so not not only does it open up taxually, they're actually talking about giving retroactive tax relief to companies that have been in business. Now how far back they're going to go, you know, I don't really know, or whether they end up doing it, I don't know, but I know in the bill they've they've asked for that.
Speaker 4: So that's that's.
Speaker 7: Really good advertising. It's going to open up some stuff for advertising. Where now hopefully we'll the SCC will prop you know, their regulations where where cannabis can be advertised. Also, the best part of well, one of the one of the good parts about this is you know, under Schedule one, you researchers had to get a Schedule one DEA license to to research cannabis, which is impossible to get. I mean, they you just couldn't get it. And now since.
Speaker 4: It's a Schedule three research.
Speaker 7: License, that's much much easier to get. So this will this will open the door. I'm gonna take a drink. This will open the door for a lot more research to get to get people educated on what cannabis really is instead of what they've been telling.
Speaker 4: You, you know, all these years.
Speaker 7: So I think that for businesses, it's it's it's it's gonna be a good thing to start out with. Again, we'll have to see, you know where where the Fed, where the FED takes it business is something they need to know. They are going to have to register with the DEA. They they actually don't have to, which is another one of these kind of funny things. But go in there and you know, you guys, I'm sure they're all doing the research. But there's gonna be some uh, some registration with the DEA. Generally, what we're talking about is just leaving the states alone and letting them, letting the laws be what the laws be are on in them in those states. And so I think largely it you know, it didn't change everything yesterday, and so you know, the reporting stays the same, the testing stays the same, a lot of you know, all the state laws are gonna are going to remain the same, and so we'll kind of.
Speaker 4: We'll, we'll, we'll, we'll see how that goes.
Speaker 7: Just so you know, recreational cannabis states, with recreational cannabis, it is still federally illegal. They are talking about going back and rescheduling all of cannabis and synthetic cannabis, you know, Delta nine, Delta Delta or Delta athc and and some of these other things, but as of this bill, recreational cannabis is still federally illegal. So I don't think that any of those people that are doing this in recreational states will gain any of these benefits. But Oklahoma being a medical state, it will. So you know, Schedule three, you still have to have a prescription from a doctor.
Speaker 8: So with this new rescheduling, does that mean what does that mean if you get popped and you don't have a card, is that going to uh? Is that going to make it for a lighter penalty or is it still going to be the same across the board or is that up to the states?
Speaker 2: How does that work out? Do you know?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Right now, it's gonna stay of the states. So if you don't have a medical marijuana card, it's as illegal as anything, and they're gonna bust you forward it's a misdemeanor. If they catch you in your car with it, they're gonna get and it's within reach. Or you have an empty pre roll tube, they're gonna give you at the least an open container and probably gonna give you a dui. So so for patients, nothing really changes. It all stays the same, including that.
Speaker 8: Okay, what's this mean for so far as like OMMA and the card holders the renewal or maybe people who are looking and new card holders like they're just looking they're going to get a card. Does that Does this rescheduling change anything for them?
Speaker 7: No, again, it doesn't really change anything on the state level. I think they're taking the correct the peers that they're going to take the correct approach and say, hey, you guys already have your programs, you've already got so many laws written into state law that we're just going to.
Speaker 4: Let let that go as you know, go as as as it is.
Speaker 7: However, what this does do, or looks like it's going to do, is open interstate commerce. So if Oklahoma's smart, since we've got the most growers and growth space and we'd per capita that they've been barking about, we should take all that and use.
Speaker 4: It for export.
Speaker 7: I mean, Oklahoma is an agricultural state, always has been, and a lot of these people are suffering, you know, the farmers are suffering the price that meets through the roof and the price all.
Speaker 4: This stuff's through the roof.
Speaker 7: This is a really good way for Oklahoma to say, Okay, now that it's federally legal, let's you know, let's ramp up production and start exporting to states.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 7: You know, right now, under Oklahoma it's illegal to export. But you know that's something that can change now. The reason it was is because it was federally illegal, and so I'd really like to see some of that change and us start using our vast medical marijuana industry that has grown in Oklahoma to start, you know, providing other states. So it's just income and God knows we need it.
Speaker 8: Truth, So that's not happening right now. But what do we need to make that happen. That's up to the state legislatures, right.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it would be up to the state legislators and somebody unless unless we got a petition signed and.
Speaker 4: Did it like we did seven eighty eight, it would be up to them.
Speaker 7: Up to them to make it, excuse and make any law and us sitting at fiftieth and education and underfunded and everything getting defunded. There can anybody else name a better way to immediately change all that than than than being able to do it with the cannabis industry. There's nothing out there.
Speaker 8: It makes good sense to me. So, in your opinion, what does this mean for the future of federal legalization, either making a federally legal medical all across all fifty states or federally legal recreational all across the fifty states.
Speaker 2: What do you think that means in your opinion?
Speaker 7: In my In my opinion, the rescheduling of cannabis is.
Speaker 4: A great step forward it's.
Speaker 7: The federal government real you know, acknowledging.
Speaker 4: That cannabis has medical potential.
Speaker 7: And so just like any other medical you know, state California, nobody ever started out recreationally that I'm that I'm aware of.
Speaker 4: Somebody's gonna fact.
Speaker 7: Check me on that, but it doesn't happen very often if it did, And so it's it's really the first step in getting the stigma around cannabis changed. And I think by doing this and at least them acknowledging that cannabis has medical values, that you know, it's step in our direction and hopefully the future is bright and hopefully we can continue to get some research. And you know, that's what the federal's government wants, is research, and it's something that nobody's been able to do. They just shut the door on anybody being able to do any research. And so now hopefully we can do some of that and start helping, uh, you know.
Speaker 4: Some of these PTSD patients.
Speaker 7: I know that Trump signed into executive order that they're going to start doing testing on p PTSD with cannabis and and veterans, and so I think it's a step in the right direction. You know, we'll kind of we'll see what comes of it.
Speaker 2: You know, you've got a text here. Who wants to know?
Speaker 8: How will it affect firearms purchases and ownership?
Speaker 7: I haven't, to be honest, I haven't really looked into that.
Speaker 4: Yet. They haven't.
Speaker 7: You know, nothing in this bill says anything about firearms. So anything that they do is going to have to be done, you know, in the future. So they haven't really come out and said anything about it. I know. I know our governor in the past, uh really right when he got elected, he came out and said, hey, medical cannabis has nothing to do with your with your rights of keeping bare arms. And that's kind of the way Oklahoma's been so far. And think it all depends on how you're treating the cops that day when you got a gun and and weeding the car. But it has yet to be seen.
Speaker 8: So a lot of it right now, everything's still pretty much unchanged. But it opens the doors for some change in the cannabis industry.
Speaker 4: That's exactly right.
Speaker 7: Okay, Well, we'll see what it does, you know, we'll see what it does.
Speaker 2: Okay, And he's down.
Speaker 7: The government gets hold of something, they're bound.
Speaker 4: To screw it up.
Speaker 2: But of course that's financially that's just my opinion, all right.
Speaker 8: So we're gonna shift gears here for a little bit because I got a couple of the things that we're talking about. I want to thank you real quick for coming on and talking about the rescheduling, you know, and trying to clear things up for some people. But the Cowboy Cop we're working on what seven years this year, right?
Speaker 4: Eight?
Speaker 2: By god? Eight years?
Speaker 9: Uh?
Speaker 2: And you've got a pretty believe big announcement from what I hear.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we do. So today at ten o'clock there's going to be a big announcement. But since you're my friend, we're not on the air anymore, are we.
Speaker 2: No, not at all.
Speaker 7: So Cowboy Cuff is so to announce that we have partnered up with Rocklahoma this year, and so we are going to throw Cowboy Cuff in all of its glory, big vendor tent games, sendinars education right in the middle of Rocklahoma Labor Day weekend. People that have tickets to Ockklahoma will have full access to Cowboy Cup. Here's a little hint for you. If you go to you want to get a Saturday GA or a weekend GA passed you can go to my website and get it at a discount. He only place you're going to be able to get it there, so get it at a discount.
Speaker 9: Is there.
Speaker 7: So if you want to come out and see the show, We're going to do the awards show on Saturday at four twenty on the Believe the Renegade stage anyway, one of their.
Speaker 4: Big festival stages.
Speaker 7: Following that Cypress Hill Baby. So people have been asking me to bring Cypers Hill for a year as well.
Speaker 4: Now they've got it, that is and.
Speaker 7: God smack and and popa roach and in thing, clown posse and suicidal tendencies and the list.
Speaker 4: Goes on and on.
Speaker 7: You guys, go to at am we will have our website launch and so we'll Wrapahoma with our page on it to go find out all the details about Rockinghoma and the Cowboy Cup partnership.
Speaker 2: That is awesome.
Speaker 8: I did have a text come in real quick about the rescheduling, so I want to go backwards a little bit.
Speaker 2: But it's problem.
Speaker 8: How will it affect CDL drivers? Do you know the commercial driver's license because right now they can't touch any of that because they'll lose their license. Will this rescheduling affect that any.
Speaker 7: This immediate rescheduling does not because it's still it's still a prescription medication. Again, GIMPI you know, we're all kind of on the at the beginning of this. I don't know all the ins and outs. I can tell you that it doesn't say anything in there about it. Generally that's qualified as a dangerous work position, and so I know in Oklahoma by law, companies with dangerous positions are allowed to deny cannabis patients or people that the test positive for cannabis still even though it shouldn't be. I mean it should. I take that back. I think it should be for you know, for drivers. But like I said, for now, there will be no change to that because it's a it's a stake law that says you can't.
Speaker 2: That's kind of what I figured.
Speaker 8: But I want to make sure everybody who's texting in their questions gets their questions answered.
Speaker 2: So thank you for getting that.
Speaker 8: And lastly, here Daniel, before we let you go, h this past Cowboy Cup, we kind.
Speaker 2: Of had a special guest out there, didn't we We did, man, I'm.
Speaker 4: Glad you brought that up. Dude.
Speaker 7: CNN song and their their chief medical correspondent and team Sonjay Gupta, was at the cuff last year filming a piece called Weed eight Women in Cannabis, and so we had a big women in Cannabis panel there at the Cups. So they came out and did some filming over the weekend. Anybody that was there saw them out there.
Speaker 4: You couldn't miss them.
Speaker 7: And about a week ago they released that documentary on CNN. So if you've got a cable cable subscription we've been talking about prescription subscription, you can go on CNN, download the app and watch that. It's a very interesting document on how, you know, the shift in cannabis and how women you know, are affecting that and women's business owners, women's scientists, women researchers and things like that.
Speaker 4: Really cool.
Speaker 7: The beauty of it is for me, the whole thing, you know, as a story, starts at the Cowboy Cup with him walking through the tent, Sanjay walking through the tent and then kind of ends back to the Cowboy Cups. We're super honored to be a part of history.
Speaker 8: Now.
Speaker 7: You know, we've come a long way and I think that you know, we just keep moving forward. I said, I think the rescheduling is a good move. I think it's it's a positive. It's a positive move. We'll see where it kind of ends up. But I can't all in all.
Speaker 4: You know this is a step in the right direction.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, brother, Well, I uh, Daniel. I appreciate you coming on the show and talking about schedule, all right. I appreciate the Cowboy Cup every year that's coming around, and I think it's awesome that you've teamed up with with Rock Oklahoma this year and they're gonna have it out there. And again, thank you very much for your time. You enjoy the rest of your day.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, goodbyes, guys. I love you'all.
Speaker 10: Th Crown, no world, take my strong hand, give train moment, Give train.
Speaker 2: World, take my shrung hand.
Speaker 8: Gray, you are my kind of cripple GIMPI tremendous.
Speaker 6: Let's play a game. Tickets to see Shine Down. They're gonna be down at the pay Com Center on May twenty third. Get your tickets Paycomcenter dot com. And the game we're playing a Schnipsch option or the current record is well, I am leading with seven, and Corbyn you have four, and Lindsey.
Speaker 2: You got three. Last week's winner. That would be you. So Lindsay and Gimpey are your choices? Eight three three four six oh kmo D eight three three four six oh K M O D Call up, decide who's gonna be your clue.
Speaker 6: Giver evergets the most right gonna win those tickets to go see Shine down down in Oklahoma City on May twenty third.
Speaker 2: Good morning, you're on the air. What is your name, Brandon?
Speaker 6: How are you good? Who do you want Lindsay or Gimpy to give you clothes? Sixty seconds are on the clock. Timer starts after the first clue. Here we go, brand dong.
Speaker 8: Sometimes you go to a concert and you get a blank and greet with the artist.
Speaker 2: Yep uh.
Speaker 6: This is a type of writing utensil that uses ink and you have to refill it.
Speaker 9: Pen cuntain pens.
Speaker 2: You got it.
Speaker 8: This is what you use to turn your hair a different colorI yep. The tip of a knine is very what the opposite of dull.
Speaker 9: Shut yep uh.
Speaker 6: This is the part of your house where you keep your hand goods. It's like a cupboard, but it's more of a closet.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 8: This is what you use to tell direction. It always points north.
Speaker 2: Compass. This is a type of vegetable that is like think of like this green blank, pinto blank. Those are all types of what. Yes, yes, now this is one that is also the capital of Peru.
Speaker 9: Lina boom, you got it?
Speaker 2: Time time time seven is what I got you pretty good on the line. We'll see if Lindsay can be you. Okay, all right, good morning, you're on the air. What is your name?
Speaker 9: Brian?
Speaker 6: Brian, You've got to be Brandon. You needed seven or more? Are you ready?
Speaker 4: Here we go?
Speaker 9: Ready?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 5: Okay. So when you're using different fonts, you might use this italic if you want it highlighted blank and beautiful.
Speaker 9: Right, no, the.
Speaker 5: Blank and the beautiful.
Speaker 9: Pass.
Speaker 5: Okay. Uh, this is two words and the sky is what color?
Speaker 11: Okay?
Speaker 5: Now the first word is darker and uh. If you're not in the army but you're on the water, yes, blank springs. Uh, I hate this one. Oh a vacuum company. If you have a if you have a great idea, you might yell this pass.
Speaker 2: You only get one?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you got it, you got it. This is a type of sweater.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it doesn't matter. Congratulations, Sorry man, thanks for planning. Credits.
Speaker 6: Congratulations, Brandon, you're getting those tickets to see Shine down in Oklahoma City on May empty. Third man, hang on the line, so gim you can get your info.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, thank you, Hang on one.
Speaker 2: Give me. This is what she passed on the first one.
Speaker 8: She was on the right path. I like her soapropa the blank and the Beautiful. I don't think Brian knew maybe doesn't watch soap operas. The other one is when you're typing, you have an option to uh, make it underline or italics or the other one, which is makes it stand out, makes it darker.
Speaker 5: So I thought I was going with.
Speaker 6: That one, but you said it's like a I forget you said it was like italics or I forget what it was. But yeah, if you don't both and the beautiful should have been the giveaway, absolutely yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh and then bold was the word. Of course, you know this is a this is a color. He got that one, all right. Yeah.
Speaker 8: I think she was right with the vacuum brand, not Whistle, not Hoover, but an older.
Speaker 2: One not dirt Levil.
Speaker 8: This is a in Maarkansas where a lot of motorcyclists will ride to the cap houses out there, people get married out there.
Speaker 2: But Blank Springs not hot.
Speaker 6: But the other one, yeah, declaration you make blank. I found it. I think Sherlock Holmes said it nerds, nerds, I found it.
Speaker 2: No, No, but I love, I love a good trip to Bissel Springs.
Speaker 6: And then Lindsay, I think he got his right at the end there was no pass. So the record now.
Speaker 8: Keeps me in a lead with eight, keeps you with four, keeps Lindsay with the Paulsley.
Speaker 2: Free w cool. And it says here that Trump says Colly is a dirty cop.
Speaker 6: President Trump says former f cop cop with the p President Trump says former FBI director James Comy used a term to kill him that gangsters use.
Speaker 2: Hey call me he surrendered.
Speaker 6: Call me there to after he was charged vetterally for threatening Trump's life. Now, Komy posted a photo last year of seashells on a beach arranged to form the numbers eight six point seven. Maybe he was just trying to do that Tommy two tone or what is it right, eight six seventy five three O.
Speaker 2: Nine and just forgot you. I was thinking about this yesterday.
Speaker 6: I don't know what his excuse is of what the shells were for right. So to me, that's kind of an important point. Like this eighty six and forty seven the year his mom and I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm not making excuses for him. I'm saying I just hardly he is not a gangster. So like, no, he's a dirty cop.
Speaker 6: It feels like Steve Buscemi situation, like eighty six, like huh hey.
Speaker 8: Trump told reporters that eighty six is used by mob buses when they order an associate to kill someone.
Speaker 2: When asked if he thought his life was.
Speaker 8: In danger, Trump said, probably at least asked about it. What else we got here? King Chuck and Queen Camilla returned to Virginia. Today, King's House and Queen come in to his official state visit to the s includes a few stops in Virginia.
Speaker 6: Today, the royal couple will reportedly attend a community block party in front of Royal to celebrate America's two hundred and fifty of the birthday.
Speaker 2: I could just see him out there.
Speaker 8: Block party, got a DJ setup, you know, maybe a bounce house. Somebody's grilling hot dogs, and then here comes with the goddamn King and Queen.
Speaker 6: Yeah, hey, King want a waiter. So I just went down the rabbit hole quickly. About eighty six and the mob connection, Uh huh. I always knew it from a restaurant term, meaning we were out of that.
Speaker 9: Oh.
Speaker 6: Ok, so if you like the special, the blue plate special, you would go back to put an order and they'd be like, hey, eighty six blue plate, yeah, meaning it was no longer available. So that's where I thought the term men No. Eighty six is a mob term for taking them eight miles out and burying them six feet under. Well, I mean I didn't think he was wrong that that term was a term associated with murder. I just didn't know the mob context. Additionally, I would find it hard to believe a mob person would be like, yeah, here's what the term means.
Speaker 2: Right, I don't know what you're talking about. Queen station. Right. Anyhow, back to the King and his wayner.
Speaker 8: The King and Queen are also supposed to visit the Shenandoah National Park before departing the US to head to Bermuda.
Speaker 2: They're just on vacation, right, Well, they're the King and Queen. Of course they were on vacation. We got a stop in the US first, though. I think you could argue they've never worked. That is a true statement. They would say they worked. Of course. I'm sure it's hard work.
Speaker 8: Being the King Queen. It really is eight winners. What else we got here? There's a new date set for the Bondi deposition. The House will hear from Attorney General Pam excuse me, farmer, Attorney General Pam Bondi during her deposition in the House's Jeffy Epstein investigation, scheduled for next month. This comes after Democratic Congressman Robert Garcia introduced a resolution yesterday to hold Bondy in civil contempt for not complying with a subpoena. The GOP spokesperson for the House Oversight Committee announced Bondi would appear on May twenty ninth. Bondi was originally set to testify earlier this month, but the Justice Department said that she was no longer obligated to appear after she was removed as Attorney General. And then lastly here then Astronomy club fights to save Jink's Planetarium from closure. Jink's parents, students, and a local astronomy group pushing back against the Jinks Public School District's decision to close the Jinx Planetarium. The district said budget concerns are driving the decision to repurpose the facility. According to the district, the planetarium requires hundreds of thousands of dollars annually to operate. Jinks wants to redistribute funding throughout the district and move its growing esports program into the planetarium space.
Speaker 6: I think it's good that they're standing up for something. I think that's a good real life thing to experience. Absolutely, I hope it works out. Yeah, I hope it works out for him. Were they using it before.
Speaker 2: For the planetarium?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Or like this astronomy group, were they using it before? I know, what do you mean there?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 6: No, no, Like is it all of a sudden there, It's kind of like oh man bells.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like, well, no one went right, that's why it went away. Ran out of money. Why.
Speaker 8: Well, apparently there was a big enough call to build such place over there a long time ago. A long time when you're building a school, like and you're trying to get a reason to people to move over to that area, and you do things like that.
Speaker 6: Okay, So I could see that being especially if it was that the eighties.
Speaker 8: Oh, that wasn't that's relatively new. That planetarium that wasn't there when I went to school there back in ninety eight.
Speaker 2: Really, so I'm going.
Speaker 8: To say that's relatively new, at least within the past ten to fifteen.
Speaker 6: Maybe if it's ten to fifteen years, they need to get a couple more years out of it.
Speaker 2: I would agree. There's no way it was cheap. I would agree absolutely.
Speaker 8: But apparently it cost a buttler to cash to keep it moving and keep it open.
Speaker 6: Well, that's a def right, which they did not do. When did you graduate from Jinks?
Speaker 2: I didn't graduate.
Speaker 6: When did you go to Jesus there in ninety eight? Okay, twenty ten?
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, so that's sixteen years that that thing's been around. So maybe it has run its course.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 8: But I mean, just because nobody wants to play basketball, does I mean you're going to tear down the gym?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 6: Yeah, everybody's like, just run the school anyway you want. And then, well you told me to figure it out.
Speaker 5: There is a lot tickets to be one. If you're listening to KMOD on the free iHeart radio app, just hit up that contest ham and you could win tickets to see shows like Shine Down or Guns N' Roses or even five Finger Death Punch. iHeartRadio app download it. It's free.
Speaker 2: Good morning, gimbee. Come on, you want to go to Jamaica, but everything's iEAR.
Speaker 5: Yeah, We'll send you.
Speaker 2: There for free. We're gonna hook you up man.
Speaker 8: We'll get you to any sandals or beaches resort in Jamaica. All you gotta do is just click on that contest tam that Lindsay was talking about and you'll see it right there.
Speaker 2: We'll give you four nights.
Speaker 8: Excuse me, four days and three nights stay to any sandals or beaches resorts, and one thousand Smacker rooneys for your airfare.
Speaker 2: Good look, all right. Conspiracy Theory Thursday.
Speaker 6: Today, I'm going to talk about a Congressman who said some things that I think need attention, and that is Congressman Tim Vershed. He is from Tennessee and he has said this very alarming statement that of the classified UFO alien briefings he has seen, they are disturbing enough to keep people up at night. Really, he says he's been briefed by multiple federal agencies and the info could cause the country to come unglued if released. Come on glued is a wild statement. And this is a current congressman, not like retired used to be congressman.
Speaker 2: Correct, Okay.
Speaker 6: He pushes for full public disclosure, arguing taxpayers deserve to know what the government knows. He Han said, secrecy and resistance inside the government to releasing this info.
Speaker 2: I don't think gift hint at it. I think it's happening there.
Speaker 6: He suggests some people tied to this topic have quote disappeared or died, but he offers no proof, and he provides no specific evidence or details about what he actually saw. So on the surface, to me, this feels like he's trying to justify his job because I don't understand why you need to know. And I would think if there was something that is so dangerous to us that keeps you up at night, you would feel obligated as a human to share this with somebody.
Speaker 2: And how many other people know? Is it just you?
Speaker 6: Who else is on that committee? How many of you are keeping that seat?
Speaker 12: So if you know that, if you saw this, it would keep you up at night, That's what he said, Right, If you know this, why would you want to incite that kind of terror into your citizens, which I think is why the government keeps it such tight lip right to keep people from freaking the f out and inciting that fear and causing mass chaos.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm not clear what he means unglued. That feels like a really general statement chaos. Yeah, people be crazy. I think we're that's happening.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, we're far me on that.
Speaker 6: The reasons besides yeah, yeah, So I don't know what further do you are people going to, you know, quit their jobs, stop paying What do you mean that that is too You can't.
Speaker 2: I don't think you.
Speaker 6: Should be able to say something like that and get away with it.
Speaker 2: With no follow up. You just be It just feels the word I love using. Here's being bombastic, right, you're's being.
Speaker 6: Like, hey, you don't huh, you don't want to know?
Speaker 2: Huh? What are you talking for? Then?
Speaker 3: Shit talk?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 8: Surely he's not using that as a tactic to keep him in office to keep the votes rolling in, you know what I mean? Like, it's like, well, if we vote, if we keep voting him in and keep him in congres, maybe one day he'll give us the information.
Speaker 6: So with that being said, what would be the thing you would need to hear to quote become unglued. What would be the thing he would say, or they would disclose that the government knows.
Speaker 2: Let's just cherry pick some things. Aliens do exist. I don't think people are going to come on glued on that.
Speaker 5: No, But if it was aliens exist and they're here and they're angry and they want to kill.
Speaker 6: Us or I think that's a long line. If I'm being honest, I think that's a long line.
Speaker 2: So far as like the line of people who believe that.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, there's a line of people who hate us and want to kill us. Oh yeah, absolutely, so to add aliens to them, it hardly is a big deal.
Speaker 8: But what if you were told by the government that aliens are here and they're the reason for all the missing children in the world, they're eating your babies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they might hate. That might cause some people to come on glued.
Speaker 6: I mean again, that would feel like a really crazy statement. I would need a little more details than that, right. And also, if you know that, what are you doing to stop it?
Speaker 2: Whether nothing?
Speaker 8: They got space technology, and that's what I'm stronger than us.
Speaker 6: I think that's where I'm at is like with the unglued part is so you know something's happen, happening and it's bad, because that's what ungluede means bad, right, like the.
Speaker 2: Worst you've ever seen? And what are you doing about it? Are you? Are you shooting alien? Like?
Speaker 8: You see what I'm saying, Like, there's gotta be some other part. Where's the other shoot of this? Maybe there's an intergalactic.
Speaker 2: Treaty.
Speaker 8: I don't want to say treaty because clearly there's an intergalactic agreement that like, listen, we're here, we're gonna give you all this technology. We'll do what we want. You can't do nothing to us. That means you can't kill any of our beings. You can't. You can't do nothing. You can't read no research. That's the deal. And well we're gonna in the meantime we'll we'll probe you guys anally, we'll take your cows, we'll eat your babies. There's nothing the people and trailers, Yeah, there's nothing you can.
Speaker 2: Do about it. Maybe that's the case intergalactic agreements.
Speaker 6: I don't hate the idea that there's an agreement they've made and that's part of the deal is you get some people.
Speaker 2: That's why they take the Hillbillies.
Speaker 8: That's why they take all the children folk and the children, right, because it's like, well, I mean, we can't give you the Elon Musks of the world.
Speaker 2: We can't give you the Stephen Hawkings of the world.
Speaker 8: So we're gonna give you for your pleasure, for your food, We'll give you the Hillbillies and the children. Take as many of them as you want.
Speaker 6: But technically they can't give anybody away, right. They can turn a blind eye when someone goes missing. But I think if somebody stormed up like masks on their face and grabbed people and then left, you'd think people be outraged.
Speaker 2: You would think you would think.
Speaker 8: But I mean, listen, if they're you can have anybody you want. And the aliens because it always happens at night, right, these alien abductions, they always happen at night. They're never in the broad daylight, at least that's what you're led to believe through movies.
Speaker 2: And they're good ones.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, So they're like, okay, if an alien comes up and and abducts Bill Gates or some smarty pants, you know what I mean. And in the in the dark of night. That's why you don't see it. And they're like, listen, we need people like that, we need people like of course those people could also be on the side of the aliens too, I mean all working together. Yeah, you're seeing Elon Musk. He kind of looks.
Speaker 2: Not of this world. Yeah. I don't disagree that they have there.
Speaker 6: Maybe they don't care about money. Right, And this is my biggest argument about the alien thing. It's not that I don't believe aliens exist. The universe is way too big. There was recently one of the Voyager parts of the Voyager satellite went beyond the radiation belt. Yeah, and it's a fascinating read. And what they found is when it went beyond this belt, the radiation levels were levels never measured before ever ever anywhere astronomical. That would mean whoever's on the other side of that belt, which is basically outside our Solar system, our universe, right Pluto, all that would die.
Speaker 2: You would like to think that now hold On would die.
Speaker 6: So that means there has to be some sort of sophistication that allows them to live in that environment. If they did, then then we'd be going to like in reverse things would change for them. I just don't think we're that interesting when you've got that type of sophistication. Right, we're hardly on the to do list like this.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 8: There are still people and animals living in the Chernobyl blast zone.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, and.
Speaker 8: They've lived with that radiation for decades now, and they're still alive and they're still thriving. They're a little goofy looking, right, but they're still making it. They're still making it. So for me, in my mind, you can still if the people, if beings can live in that type of radiation, wants to say they can't live in the radiation outside of of our belt, you know, just because it's a little bit stronger what we're used to. People adapt, much like the animals did in Chernobyl. Sure, so I mean it is possible, yeah, but at a cost.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 6: And this is another example of a big statement with no evidence, just words, and that means nothing. Somebody's going to take great text and they said, what if data centers are being built to power and store all that alien technology?
Speaker 2: Interesting? Matrix? Right, got to keep matrix going.
Speaker 6: M M. Favorite line from Men in Black when somebody says the public should know everything. A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals, and you know it, I mean, yes, but also we already hear that anyway, Again, I don't know what the chaos part would be, And how would they know that if they knew there was chaos, like, I don't know, at a rally, they would put up security measures to ensure safety to the best that they can, right, like, well they do, but that's what they do. And I think if there was chaos like that, they would be able to safeguard to a degree. You again, what does that mean? Burning buildings down, destroying infrastructure.
Speaker 2: Right, that sort of thing happens already.
Speaker 8: Yeah, not really, not here, not really, not here in toll But look at the what was the twenty twenty maybe twenty earlier than that Ferguson sure burnt to the ground, not burned to the ground.
Speaker 2: Well, they torched a lot, a lot. There's a lot of fires burn sure, you know. And if thinking like this even on not not like in protest of something horrible, when our baseball team wins the World Series, they are burning the tam town down. Yeah, the fire in the streets, taking over, knocking over, rolling over police cars and that's in celebration.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so Ferguson was like twelve buildings. Okay, little city didn't burn down. I mean it's still twelve mombastic news. Right, twelve buildings. There's a lot of buildings, but it's not what the chaos is that we If that's what they're implying, Okay, that seems like a fair response to finding you been hiding aliens.
Speaker 5: Right, Maybe maybe thinks it's gonna be like the purge, that, okay, would be crazy chaos.
Speaker 6: But I think in the beginning, like, but why would it be the purge? Why would that be a human's response, you know what I mean? So to go and be like I would just want to start killing people doesn't feel like that's logical step anyway. As far as the sports championship thing that happens, that's because they're caught off guard, right, So far as the authority, yes, but they always get it under control.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing about chaos. People get tired. They just do.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I guess you're right. You got a few stragglers throughout the night. They keep it going because they're drunken, high on cocaine.
Speaker 6: They just do and once it enters the news cycle. It doesn't take much for them to be like, there, it's still happening.
Speaker 2: You know what's fun about that?
Speaker 8: You know, sports and riot and not say rioting, but celebrating and burning the streets.
Speaker 2: You say, it catches them off.
Speaker 8: Guard, but we kind of knew it was gonna happen because this sort of actions have been happening as far as I can remember, going back into the eighties, you know what I mean. So you would think that, like, let's just say Cincinnati they win whatever weird reason, right, they're like, all right, Cincinnati police, everybody gather together because there is going to be chaos in the streets. It's not really catching them off guard. Maybe maybe not enough. Yeah, do you know what the normal response is? They typically let them kind of do their thing. I'm not joking.
Speaker 6: They set their boundaries and they kind of just keep them in a spot, right, and then if it gets the two out of control, then they're.
Speaker 2: Like, all right, we gotta chill this. They gotta chill out.
Speaker 6: But it's not like Tim and Square, right, But they're ready and prepared and cut off guard because maybe they don't know exactly where it's going to happen.
Speaker 2: I just don't know what the word chaos means. Keep you up at night.
Speaker 6: Surely there are many things as a representative of your people, for the state of Tennessee, the beautiful state of Tennessee, that you that keep you up at night. Surely, surely you have loved ones. You know in the movie I'm forgetting the name of it right now, whether it's Matt Damon and uh Gwyneth Paltrow and they're the virus contagion and great movie. But in the movie, even the guy who's in charge of the CDC tells his family to get out, like he's like, eh, so is are you not doing anything for your family? That's just human nature? And if you don't, then you're a scumbag, right, You're a scum bag, right, maybe he asked, We don't know because he's not sharing that information. I'm not sharing much information. As a matter of fact, they're not sharing any You're just saying stuff Texas, they told us aliens weren't real for half a century. Now they're coming out together and saying it's real.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 6: They're not saying it's nope, nope. You see, you're adding context. He says the classified UFO alien briefings he's been seeing. He's seen are disturbing enough to keep people up at night. That's not he's there's aliens. It's just the stuff he's seen. But you gotta read between the lines. Gorvin, No, you don't. This is where people mess up. That's not what we know. You're going to make up a story that is entertaining. You're not gonna You gotta go with the facts. The facts are he saw some stuff and that's it.
Speaker 2: And the fun thing about that.
Speaker 8: Or the facts anywhere is you have to take it for what it is because that's what they're telling you, right, that's not it. They could be shrouded as facts, but it's just what we're telling you, and so you have to take what they're telling you with you know, yeah.
Speaker 2: All right, well let's look telling us that is the facts when it may.
Speaker 8: Not be the facts at all, but you have to take it as facts because that's.
Speaker 2: What they're telling you.
Speaker 6: I could show Lindsey some videos that would keep her up at night. I can show the same videos to Gimpi and we would laugh together.
Speaker 2: That's because we're six twisted.
Speaker 6: So the statement of keeping you up at night. By the way, I can totally do this, lindsay, if you're into this, it is not a real statement. So like I'm gonna hold a press conference, I'm gonna say, I'm a stand at the pulpit and go, I've seen some stuff.
Speaker 2: People saw the stuff I've seen. Huh, you wouldn't be able to sleep at night. You go, what is he talking about?
Speaker 8: And I think that's the most disturbing part of it. Has everybody's seen some stuff? Everybody you know, all these uppers have seen some things.
Speaker 2: Why aren't you sharing it?
Speaker 8: And maybe it goes back to like I said in the beginning of the segment, you don't want to incite mass chaos.
Speaker 5: Did he end his speech with and if you want to know what I've seen, buy my books podcasts.
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 6: Maybe I have a buddy and he does stuff behind enemy lines in war.
Speaker 2: That's literally his job. Right.
Speaker 6: He doesn't share any of the nastiness he's seen, right, Why because it's really nasty.
Speaker 2: He doesn't even bring it up. He doesn't go the stuff I've seen would keep you up at night because he doesn't want to share it. He knows it's better to just be kept quiet. Yeah, it's not for everybody.
Speaker 6: This guy's blabbing his mouth trying to make it sound like it's a thing.
Speaker 8: Well, to be fair, there's a lot of veterans that are like that. We don't talk about what we did over there.
Speaker 6: That's because to be a soldier in modern warfare, boots on ground, you gotta do nasty things. But Cotton Hill was very proud of the fact that he killed fitting Nazis.
Speaker 8: Yeah, just saying everybody's different. Yeah, you're referencing a movie acting the Hill, but yeah.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 6: But also in Gloria's back, like you're you're referencing things that are supposed to propagate American pride. Right, Yeah, I don't even know if something like this we're disclosed today, I don't even know, Like what my first question, I'd be like, I need to read more about this. I'm not gonna believe what you say at a pulpit. I need to find some more information. Let's see half the papers that you have on file.
Speaker 8: Well you are, because they're going to release everything and half of it will be redacted much less they do with everything.
Speaker 6: Oh, they'll say there's nothing to see here, and then and then the government will the courts will be like, you got to show it all, and they're.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, we'll get to it. Yeah. For presidents, let he'll be like, there's nothing to see here except the stuff we don't want you to see here.
Speaker 6: All right, we got to take a break. We'll be back with that story. A while back we had about the woman and she took all those cars from dealerships and we're like, how does this happen?
Speaker 2: It was crazy. It was like ten cars or something stupid, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the one that was based on her credit, yes, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: And she was lying the whole time. Right, yeah, I think I know why.
Speaker 6: Okay, So a woman in Texas went to buy a car, signed the paperwork, put five thousand dollars, drove the car home. Now, that seems off a fast forever about a car. You know, it takes a little bit longer.
Speaker 2: Than that, But that doesn't sound like an unfamiliar experience buying a car, would you guys agree?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it seems that you do the paperwork, they check some things, and then you get the car and that's it.
Speaker 2: I've always thought that's the end of it, right. You wait to get your financing paperwork, you take your payments.
Speaker 6: Till you die, right, and then yeah, well, apparently for this woman. The next day they started asking for more documents, and the dealership kept asking for documents, and then the dealership said that they were not approved for a loan and they had to return the car. Ooh and her husband went to the dealership tried to figure it out, and they took the car back, and they didn't have another car because they already sold that car because they.
Speaker 2: Were buying a new one.
Speaker 6: And apparently there's something that happens when you buy a car called a conditional delivery agreement or a spot delivery, and that's where you take the car.
Speaker 2: Before you're fully approved.
Speaker 6: I don't know what the threshold is for them to go you can take the car. Doesn't seem like a great business practice to just let people take cars. And I didn't know that this was a thing, right, And obviously their financing, their credit took a giant hit.
Speaker 2: And then in the story, a lot of people said this happens.
Speaker 6: It's a common thing that the car they get told to bring the car back.
Speaker 8: I've heard friends that have gone through that before as well, you know, and they get pissed about it rightly. So because you think you got the car, everything's good. Oh something went wrong with paperwork or da da da da da da dah. We need to take a car back. Most of the time they had their trade in though still.
Speaker 2: Oh did they? But I'm with you.
Speaker 6: I think when you leave the dealership, I am of the belief this is my car. Yes, I have to have insurance for it. Yeah, and not that I didn't think the financing was locked, but I thought it was. Yeah, first and goal right right, I'll go ahead. It was red zone for sure. Yeah, like there's a I did not. I've never thought that it wasn't done right. You gave me the car. How dumb are you if you didn't think it was dumb done right? And so that must be how the this woman did and she got away. She got kept doing this before all those things could catch up.
Speaker 8: Now maybe possibly she got it on a Saturday, and the banks, the main portion of the banks that approves all does all that stuff, was closed, right, So you've got some customer service rep on the other side.
Speaker 2: I learn you.
Speaker 8: We can do this, we can make it half blah blah blah. You're good, have a nice weekend. So they give them the keys. Here you go, they say you're approved, and then come Monday, the actual loan representative gets in. They're like, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Wait a minute, this isn't gonna work. We're gonna need X y Z more down, or you're just gonna have to get the car back.
Speaker 2: Sure, that feels like that's on the dealership though, should be. You're right, they're just trying to sell. They're just trying to sell cars.
Speaker 6: Sure, I'm just trying to get one, and you're leading me to believe it's done.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying it's a good business practice and that that's to me.
Speaker 6: It feels a little especially if you've committed to sell your other car or they can't provide the car back. Now, I'm all for if you can't pay for something, you shouldn't get it. I don't care whether you think it's yours or not. You pretty much know your credit situation. You pretty much know what car you can get what you can right.
Speaker 8: I want a hell cat? What's your credit five fifteen? How about a hell no cat? Right?
Speaker 6: You pretty much know, as a grown adult, if you should be buying a brand new vehicle or you need to be going to Bob's autoplex, right, is the wrong assumption?
Speaker 8: No, no, but people be people. You know that you need to go to Bob's. But you're like, man, I'm gonna give it a shot because I really want this brand new car.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but to me, that's the trick. When you say the I'm going to give it a shot shot, you.
Speaker 2: Do know.
Speaker 6: You are aware, yeah, that maybe this ain't gonna work out. And are there people that are like, okay, well let's I'd rather not take the car until the financing's done.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 8: Not many people do that because they're so excited they want that they got well, shoot cat myself.
Speaker 2: A new ride. So many tech said.
Speaker 6: The spot delivery is very common when it comes to motorcycle purchases as well. They will let you drive the motor cycle off while still working on interest rates, especially if over the weekend you I do not leave without knowing the interest.
Speaker 2: Rate, right, because that's what gets you.
Speaker 6: Yes, I would, oh my, I would return a vehicle if they even if they moved it a half.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 8: But still people get excited and you forego, you don't think about it, or you overlook an outrageous interest rate or we still need because you're just so excited to have that new bike, to have that new car that you really don't care. You're like, all right, whatever it is, what it is, thank you bye.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 6: Well, you think you're gonna get away, like I gotta take it, you know, get out of here before they take it back gilp.
Speaker 8: And then when it all comes around, they're like, oh, hey, you've got a thirty percent interest rate.
Speaker 5: Yankes D.
Speaker 6: I'll never forget the first car I bought on my own. I was working at a newspaper doing graphic design work, and across the street was like a convention center thing and the car dealer and it was in what I built an ad for this car sale extravaganza where all these dealerships were at one spot and a ton of inventory, and so you pull up and they're like, what kind of car are you looking for? They walk you to this, you know, D seven, right wherever all the Honda civics are, and they're like what do you think?
Speaker 2: And you're like, yeah, this is cool. Do you go to it?
Speaker 6: I'm not joking. A tent with a table. Yeah, I filled out, We wrote some numbers, down and he's like, what do you think? And I was like, he was like, what do you want your payments to be? That's what he said. And I was like, well, I can't do more than x YZ and he was like okay. Came back and he was like we can do.
Speaker 2: That and I was like, hell's yeah. He's like, let's see your trade in? Did that?
Speaker 6: I mean it was a one hour experience, which is I was like, this is so easy, right, Why do people complain about this?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 6: Fast forward? Forty five days, thirty one percent interest?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you were so excited.
Speaker 6: On a Honda Civic. But I was twenty four to twenty three. I didn't know better, right, right, you don't know any better.
Speaker 2: You're excited.
Speaker 8: I'm sure the car you were driving was a giant turd, you know, compared to what you're about to get into. You don't give a damn. You're like, yeah, give me the keys to that city. Hell yeah, it was a good car.
Speaker 6: Really, This last car I bought, I didn't. I did everything via text. Yeah, I did not. I went into the dealership to pick up the car and it still took time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I made an appointment. You knew I was coming. Why are doesn't all the paperwork ready?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 2: You knew I was coming. I gave you money ahead of time to prove you to you I was coming, and they still made me wait.
Speaker 8: I think that's just part of the protocol when it comes to, you know, auto sales, like we got everything ready, but.
Speaker 6: We're just going to make them wait. Honestly, I don't think it's a protocol. I think it's it's just the way the system is. Right the guy above the guy is like, yeah, I'll get to it when they get here.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 8: That makes sense too, because you got to think of how many people. Hell I went through that when when I bought my last Harley right, went down to Dallas to pick it up, and I did it all over Facebook Messenger, which you think would be sketchy, but it worked.
Speaker 2: Out, and he messaged me up.
Speaker 8: I'm like an hour out from from Dallas, right, and he's like, hey, we're about to close.
Speaker 2: And that's when.
Speaker 8: I was like, oh whoa, hey, wait a minute, I'm an hour out, I have cash in my hand. I am ready to rock. And he's like, well, yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: We'll wait for you.
Speaker 8: But you got to understand how many people say I've got cash in hand and never show up. Well, they just show up and they don't have it. So it was just like a cya sort of thing.
Speaker 2: One percent makes sense.
Speaker 6: How many people do those type of deals and then never surface, right, So they're like, all right, I'll come down there and beat your ass. Corbyn, Okay, do you need the address?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: All right, we got to take a break. We'll be back from a leg. Let's tell Stillers. Hey, buddy, how are you.
Speaker 11: I'm great, corbyin good morning, Great.
Speaker 2: Talk to you.
Speaker 6: The guys right now at One Oakfield, they have the bats huh my goodness.
Speaker 11: Yeah, this is the best offensive team I think we have seen in a long time.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 11: We never feel like we're out of any game right now, and that's a great feeling to have. It doesn't happen very often.
Speaker 2: We talked with Justin yesterday.
Speaker 6: I mentioned how we always talk about the future stars of Major League Baseball play at One Oak Field. I don't know if that's more true than it's ever been. Right now, these guys all have a huge possibility of getting pulled up.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean, especially we've talked about the two main guys most way to Paul as I hear, hope, they're just they're they're really going crazy. But you know, for the fans that are close to the Drillers and close to the Dodgers, the guy that you may not know about is this kid named Kendall George who's leading off for US and playing center field, and he stole one hundred bases last year. He's hidden like close to four hundred. He's just making things happening, setting the table for those other guys, and it's all working right now. Man, it's a lot of fun. The other day we were, you know, we're down by like three or four runs, and we just absolutely blew past them and one seventeen to seven hit six home runs. So it's exciting. Fans are enjoying it for sure.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it is some great baseball happening down at one oak Field. You guys had a second day game yesterday, which was great, and we're getting into a stretch of whether that should be great baseball weather tonight with Thirsty Thursday. And you guys have another really cool jersey that you guys are giving away.
Speaker 11: Yeah, we did. We introduced a new alternate jersey this year, so we always have three main jerseys. You have your home, your road, and your alternate. The alternates always kind of mirrored the Dodgers ever since we got connected with them, but we created a new one for this year. We'll call them like our Tulsa connect. It kind of is a little bit of a throwback to the to the earlier part of the twentieth century when Route sixty six was thriving. It's a great like kind of throwback look. And first thousand fans tonight are going to get one of those replica jerseys, and these are great. There's great giveaways.
Speaker 6: And then we've got all week and long. We've got Friday night with the fireworks. Friday and Saturday, I should say, we've got fireworks, and then of course Sunday, I mean, just a great weekend of baseball to go down to one Oak Field and see the future stars in Major League Baseball.
Speaker 11: Absolutely, Drillers are in first place too. Seventeen and seven, we got off to our best start in franchise history. So sitting there in first place, everybody's looking up at us, so come and check it out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I always like to push Sunday kids run the bases. It's also kids eat free day with twelve unders, get a voucher for a free meal. Brunch at the ballpark is something you are doing special on Sunday. Just a great family weekend happening downtown.
Speaker 11: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 11: The brunch is brand new this year, so that's a good one to check out on at Tulsa Drillers dot com. And it's a great menu, you know, not bottomless, but you get like three bloodies or mimosas. It's pretty good deal.
Speaker 8: Bloody Mary that was down when he was talking about the mirmosas.
Speaker 2: But you throw a bloody Mary in there.
Speaker 11: Oh yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 6: I wanted to bring up something happening at the next level of Major League Baseball, and that is the situation that happened in Boston where they fired the manager, Alex Cora, and how the players were not like, have you ever seen players react in such a negative way towards the front office when a coach gets fired, especially so early in the season.
Speaker 11: You know, not in recent years, but yeah, there's sometimes you'll get some of those mutiny types of deals. This one kind of came out of left field too. It was a little bit of a surprise. You know, it's pretty early in the season, Cora has been to the World Series, has won a World Series in Boston. The players do love him, so you do kind of expect a little bit of a backlash type of situation. But yeah, that's they've been pretty strong in their opinions about the whole deal.
Speaker 6: Well, and you know, being twelve and nineteen at the bottom of the East is not a great look too. They always want to be up near the near the top. But the Phillies tried to hire Cora away and they didn't let that.
Speaker 2: God got squashed too, right that.
Speaker 11: I didn't hear When was this like just the other edition?
Speaker 2: No, just the other dal really? Huh?
Speaker 11: You know I did, I didn't catch that. I don't know why why they wouldn't they fired him?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 11: The guy should be free to do whatever he wants.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I to me it, What would be the taboo thing? How much leniency do you get when you start twelve and nineteen as the manager, when you've got such a legacy. How much patience do you have? Or do the Red Sox feel like they got to strike now?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 11: You know, I think the Red Sox obviously felt like they needed to strike now. And you know, in the past Korra has been he has been opinionated about the front office work when they've been in a bad spot, you know, so he's kind of thrown a little bit of shade back at the front office. So it almost feels like this firing was almost like a preemptive strike. You know, they're struggling a little bit. They didn't want the narrative to become, you know, Korra in his postgame meetings talking about how the team's not built right or he doesn't have the right players or something along those lines. And that's kind of some of the some of the feedback that I've heard when when looking into that situation is that, you know, they just didn't want a bad situation to get worse and play out in the media, so they just they acted definitively and struck early. This is not like completely you know, unheard of. I mean, I remember when I was growing up, the Yankees fired like Yogi Bear after like twenty games, and Yogi Bear is a Yankee legend and won like, you know, six World Series rings, So like it's not unheard of. Sometimes you just hey, it's not too it's not too early. It's it's never too early. To make a positive change, you know, type of thing and clarification.
Speaker 6: Korra was offered the job to the Phillies the day after and he said, no, he has no desire to coach the remainder of the season.
Speaker 11: Yeah, why not. I mean he's getting paid like ten million dollars now, he gets paid his paid vacation for the next five months.
Speaker 6: Let's talk about some other teams. Your Yankees are playing well. They just cleared some space for Son Dominguez and they're they're try It seems like every team's shifting to like younger players.
Speaker 11: Yeah. Well, the Mingos was up last year with the Yankees and then he didn't have a real good spring, so they send him down to just kind of reprove himself a little bit. So he's done that, so he's coming back up. Yeah, Yanks are doing great. They're in first place. I think they're like twenty and eleven, and they've got some great young prospects, just like the Dodgers do. Playing here in Tulsa and Oklahoma City. The Yankees have got a really good farm system and even though they might be sitting there at the top, there's you know, if they can find ways to improve, they're gonna do it, and so Dominguez is great. And then last night they had a starter as kid, Elma Rodriguez, who like blew people's minds, thrown like one hundred and three, one hundred and two in spring training this year. They thought he'd make the opening day roster, but he just got called up, made his first start last night, and he has a lot of great, great young players in baseball right now. It's a really a good time.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And it seems to be a lot of late inning comebacks too this season. Is that like because maybe the bullpens just aren't doing well or the bullpens don't have it together yet.
Speaker 11: Yeah, you're right, there have been a lot of walkoffs, and yeah, early in the season, you know, you got a lot of a little bit of an uncertainty at the back end of the bullpens sometimes and you just have like one through nine. There's just there's so much offensive talent in the game right now. You know, you can you can have a nine hole hitter that back in the day was two twenty hitter and played good defense. Now this guy can take you yard and turn a fastball around pretty quickly. So yeah, it's fun to see. I love it. I love seeing these late late inning walk offs that you know the fans absolutely freaking love it, going home on high note or crying to their beer.
Speaker 6: And there seems to always be this thing right now where like the Nationals dropped fourteen on the Mets and bragging and I'm like, come on, it's the Mets. This team is not have it together right now, so that I don't know if that's a big brag. So the question I have is what is real when teams are really good in April or when teams are really bad?
Speaker 2: Which one is the right tea leaves to read.
Speaker 11: Probably bad, to be honest with you. You know, if they're bad, they're I mean, there's some things that can turn around. I guess they can turn around in both ways. But but I would say at this point in time that the Mets are the Mets are bad. I think they've this is not going to end well for them this year. They have a couple of players that can make turnarounds, but they're probably they probably are what we think they are. And some of these other teams that get off to hot starts, you know they'll they'll be by by the wayside here by the middle of the season, and.
Speaker 6: When didn't they the Mets just bring on a new manager. How long has been Mendoza been there? It feels pretty new if I remember right.
Speaker 11: Well, they resigned him, they they did an extension with him. I think he's been there a couple of seasons, so, you know, I think they'll hold on to him. But I think he's he's sleeping a little bit more restlessly after the Corps firing, because that's the Bets record is worse than the Red Sox record. But I think he's probably safer for a little while at least. But yeah, I think he's been with him a couple of a couple of seasons. And you know the problem is when you when you're superstars like Francisco Lindor come out and play horribly, that's going to lead to, you know, some struggles and and that's what's happened. Like Lindor has been bad. They they traded away the polar Bear, you know, to uh where did he end up going? He was a free agent, so he signed he signed with the Baltimore Orioles. He you know, the first basement over there. I can't remember his name, but he uh, you know, he was a huge, huge part of that offense that they have not replaced. So, yeah, the Mets are the Mets I think are in for a long season.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And there are teams that do come back and have great rest of the seasons.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 6: I just looked at up the twenty nineteen Nationals started nineteen and thirty one into late May, and then they won the World Series, beat Houston at seven game seven, twenty one Braves. They were on five hundred all the way through mid season. They lost to Kunu Acuna Junior, and they won the World Series eighty seven twins. Oh, I forget that was a fantastic team. Started slow, they finished eighty five and seventy seven and then won at all. Two thousand and six Cardinals mediocre most of the year at eighty three and seventy eight, and then got into the playoffs and won the World Series.
Speaker 2: So you're right.
Speaker 6: It can also mean nothing, but it seems to be as of late, we see those tea leaves and it means they're not going to do well.
Speaker 11: Yeah. And three of those first four teams that you just mentioned, as far as like the past slow starters that went on to win the World Series. Three of them had really incredible starting pitching staffs, right, Like, that's what's going to get you to overcome it, right because great pitching is is going to put you in a position to get some long winning streaks and get your record righted pretty quickly. So that's kind of what happened with those teams. And then that Cardinals team, the first one that you mentioned, like they just gelled at the right time. You know, sometimes it's also you slide in late into the playoffs and you're just playing your best baseball right at the right time. And that can also happen to in the game nowadays with as many teams that make the playoffs, so you know, you really never feel like you're out of it. But the Mets are starting to maybe feel they are.
Speaker 6: Go see great baseball happening down at one Oakfield this week. It's gonna be some great weather to watch the guys play on the grass and hit some dingers and eat some great food, good family fun. Happening all week and long at one Oakfield, Tulsa Drillers dot Com to get your tickets. Mike, thanks for hanging out. Thanks gorbyin You guys have a great Weekendod Morning Corbyn.
Speaker 5: Happy twenty seven the porn star birthday to Scarlet Alexis. Check out this exotic brunette in Chinese nude year Oh, I've had this size before and Project Blue Balls. She was nominated for the coveted Most Aspected Tech boobs a Fan Award in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 8: Good Morning, Gimbie, They're not that spectacular. Good morning Corbin. You just gotta know the keyword to rock the bank. That keyword is grand, as in how much you're gonna get if you rock said bank. Take out on over to the website that rocks, plug it in and you can get yourself a thousand clams.
Speaker 2: It's tiper Big Mad Morning Shows Top list random topics, randomly drawn with random results. Now here's Corbyn, Kimpy and Lindsay with this week's top list.
Speaker 6: This week's top list is things you can say to your dog but not your spouse. Top five things you can say to your dog but not your spouse.
Speaker 5: Lindsey Number five you're sleeping outside tonight. Uh number four, Hey, I just scheduled you an appointment to get neutered.
Speaker 2: Oh gone, Yeah.
Speaker 5: Things you can say to your dog but not your spouse. Number three, you better not pee in this house.
Speaker 2: I mean we gotta go to the man. I mean there's a toilet in there for that. Yeah, it's technically in the house. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you you can't say that. I mean you can't say that to your Yeah, you can say that to your dog, not your spouse.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 5: Number two, I have a big bone for you to chew on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's not.
Speaker 5: Yeah, not something I can say to my spouse.
Speaker 2: I know I can't.
Speaker 5: And Number one things that you can say to your dog but not your spouse. Stop licking me.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we're doing our top list things you can say to your dog but not your spouse.
Speaker 2: Gimpy, get out of my face, you stupid bitch.
Speaker 8: That's number five and a very commonly used phrase in my house.
Speaker 2: Number four, do I need to put diapers on you? Hm?
Speaker 8: Number three something you can say to your dog, not your spouse. She's getting older. I think it's time to put her down. Coming into number two, your teacher sagging ever since you gave birth?
Speaker 2: Teats teats teats teats.
Speaker 6: As a number one thing that you can say to your dog that you can't say to your spouse. Well, it's time to express the anal glands.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, I mean you probably could.
Speaker 2: What are you doing back there right doing?
Speaker 6: Topless the things you can say to your dog but not your spouse.
Speaker 2: Number five? Come number four, let me rub your belly. Girls don't like that.
Speaker 5: I mean when I was pregnant, I didn't mind it.
Speaker 2: That's not what I said though. Along that lines Number three, you're getting fat. Number two stop humping the pillow, no way.
Speaker 6: And number one on the top five things you can say to your dog but not your spouse, is you want me to get you a friend you can play with when I'm at work.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Sure, some of you watchers probably would say.
Speaker 5: That, right, you got those indoor cameras.
Speaker 6: This taxt that came in said, come lick this off the floor. Oh I've seen the video, though I don't. Some of you all don't have a boundary with that stuff. Another one, come here, bitch. I'm trying to think if I ever called my dog a bitch. I'm sure I called it names, right, I don't know if I called it a bitch.
Speaker 8: Every day when I come into the house, I say hello, dirty bitches.
Speaker 2: To be fair, you say that in a lot of rooms you enter, right, That is a true statement.
Speaker 8: It started with the dogs, though it just carries over everything else.
Speaker 2: They are a bunch of dirty bitches.
Speaker 5: Are they all females?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: One male, one female, But there's still bitches. I only have two for some reason, I thought you had like four. Yeah, well I had. I had the three, but remember I had to put the one down.
Speaker 8: I had to put the one down because the day and got a hold of her and gave her a good old shaken.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: What's the fourth one that I'm thinking of? Was that lose that in the separation?
Speaker 8: I think I gave that one away in the separation. Yeah, that one time. I did have four, and I was like, you could take because there was the pug. Remember the pug that had to go get tugged or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they all book it is not good. Do not read that for in front of your kids.
Speaker 8: It was that one and uh and the the first chihuahua that I had, Oh Marty, Marty with.
Speaker 2: Bob Dordon. Uh.
Speaker 8: But yeah, I was like, you take these dumbest move I've probably ever made in my life because I took the two horse dugs and I'm like I should have totally capped the smaller ones, even though I didn't.
Speaker 2: Like the pug. What is the combined weight of the marmadukes?
Speaker 8: You know, to be honest with you, I haven't put him on a scale, and I haven't I I want, I don't have a scale in my house to be able to pick hotel, to be able to pick them up and then stand on the scale and be like, all right, well, I weigh two hundred and fifty and at minus whatever, which I don't weigh two fifty, it's like one to eighty five. But regardless, if I'm a guessing guy, combined it's gonna be minimum of one eighty to two hundred pounds minimum.
Speaker 6: So this says great Dane average weight females anywhere between ninety nine and one thirty, males anywhere between one twenty and two hundred.
Speaker 2: That's about right. That's about right.
Speaker 8: And those are full grown, right like not imagine yeah yeah, yeah yeah, because they are both full grown.
Speaker 2: They're not puppies anymore. One of them. The male, he uh, he's like eight, he's on his way out the door. Is he old age? Yeah? You can tell. You can see it in his muzzle. He getting real gray.
Speaker 8: And then the other one she's like five, got her since twenty twenty, so she's six and they only live to be eight to ten years old. Oh really, you know that's the sad thing about those dogs is they got a very short lifespan.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, I gotta try and pump blood all over their body. Ant aft the truth and the old the old timer.
Speaker 8: You can tell he's feeling it because he's slow to be getting up. The other one, I don't know if it's the down syndrome that's in her or what, but she's just full of energy.
Speaker 2: Your dog has down syndrome. She looks like it.
Speaker 6: What is the indication? What is the indication that looks like it for you? That makes you think?
Speaker 8: It's in the eyes, like they're the eye they're a little saggy, little droopy, you know, not like you know, like I've been partying for a twenty style for a couple of hours, you know what I mean. But you can tell there's just like there. You look in her eyes and you can tell. And I've denied it since the beginning. My brother has been telling me, you know, your dog's retarded, and I'm like.
Speaker 2: No, she's not. She's not a retarded dog. And dog more I look at her, I'm like, yeah, you're totally retarded.
Speaker 5: Maybe it just maybe it had a stroke.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I've had her since she came out, like since she was a here's a question, are a animals afflicted with that?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 8: My goodness, yes, yes, that is a fun rabbit hole to go down. I have done Google image searching of animals with Down syndrome, and they get stuff just like the rest of us, and some of them are quite interesting the pictures to look at.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 8: I don't know if those are you know, fake, but looks real enough to me.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, google animals with Down syndrome. I mean I didn't hit that.
Speaker 6: I did write mentally challenged dogs, right, I don't know if they do now. I know they say they can get anxiety and you know, all that other stuff, but I don't know if they do, like do chickens and cows?
Speaker 2: Right? Oh my, it says here.
Speaker 8: Technically animals cannot have Down syndrome, as it's human specific. But however, animals can experience rare chromosomal abnormalities or genetic defects that result in similar symptoms, such as the facial abnormalities, cognitive and physical issues.
Speaker 2: It's just visual.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, and I could say I could say cognitive as well, because.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know. I don't think she's the smartest dog on the block.
Speaker 6: I mean, she's not necessarily licking windows, but she's not that.
Speaker 2: Far away from it.
Speaker 6: The rabbit hole that you implied to look to go down and look. I just looked. This dog does look like it would be riding the short bus.
Speaker 2: Should it need to that? I just sit you.
Speaker 8: Oh oh great, okay, yeah, it looks so happy in the face though it does, it's just.
Speaker 2: Stunned after that, the dog.
Speaker 6: Yeah, huh yeah, fascinating.
Speaker 2: That's the world I live in. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Anyway, things you can't say to your you can say to your dog, but not your spouse. When last one, somebody text in, I don't have to hold my girlfriend down to give her meds.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you do. Take a break. We'll be back. The Big Med Morning Show returns.
Speaker 6: Next hitting Tulsa on May fifth, over at Expos Square.
Speaker 2: And joining us on the line right now is Kyle Petty. Hello, mister Petty, how are you good?
Speaker 9: Man good?
Speaker 6: It's great to talk to you. Let's talk about your charity ride. For people that want to know more, it's Kyle Petticharityride dot com thirtieth anniversary and explain it to everybody what this is.
Speaker 3: So we started, as you said, thirty years ago, a bunch of us just want to ride motorcycles from California and North Carolina and people told us we were crazy. So we told him we were going to do it for charity, and they told us we were geniuses. It was the greatest fundraisers they had ever heard of. So here we are thirty years later, still doing it. Those first few years we did it for children's hospitals. In two thousand, my oldest son was killed in a racing accident in New Hampshire, and we build a camp in North Carolina and his memory part of Paul Newman's what it's called Serious Fun group of camps. Now everyone knows Newman's own, but we've started a camp there and we've seen one hundred and fifty thousand kids in their families totally free of charge. In the twenty two years that camp has been open, we've raised over twenty three million dollars. So it's just a bunch of great people that jump on motorcycles right across the country. Have some great sponsors Muscle Lighting, Pravo, Coca Cola, Harley Davidson that help us raise funds and send kids a camp.
Speaker 9: So that's what it's all about.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 2: Now, is this open to Anyboddy?
Speaker 6: Because it also I also know some celebrities joined the ride besides yourself, Can anybody join this ride?
Speaker 3: Okay, that's a great question. They can't join now, it's already closed. The entry is already closed. What we do we send out in theations. If you're anybody's interested, please contact Kyle Pitty Charity Ride sending your your information In next January, we'll send an application out and it's first come, first serve. That's the way that works. But we're gonna be at the Expo Center ten thirty on May fifth, and my dad will be with us, Matt Kensis will be with us, Clint Boyer will be with us, number of NASCAR drivers, Kenny Wallace, Kenny Strader, We'll be signing autographs, talking to fans, taking pictures with the Golden Driller. We're gonna be We're just gonna be doing everything.
Speaker 8: So Kyle as a rider, myself and maybe I wanted to get in on this charity to ride with you next year.
Speaker 2: Is there a.
Speaker 8: Cost for somebody like me to come join you on this cross country ride?
Speaker 3: Yes, there is uh, and it fluctuates, so I'm not gonna give you a cost on it today. It goes up and down, just like the price of fuel right now. It goes up and down, up and down. One mostly off. Let me just say that. But but here's what we do. We take the cost of the ride. Is all that money to camp. Okay, so your donation as a rider goes to camp. That's what it's all about. We charge you to ride with us, and then we send all the money to camp to send kids to camp. And like I said, I think we've sent man. We've sent thousands of kids to camp over the last twenty two years. But that's what it's all about. It is a charity. People think about it sometimes as just a motorcycle riding, a bunch of people that just wanted to go ride motorcycles doing it. But it's got a bigger purpose and a bigger going. I think that's why it's lasted thirty years. If it was just a motorcycle ride, it would just be it would have faded away a long time ago, like my career as a race car driver, you know what I mean. But anyhow, that's what it's all about.
Speaker 6: And do you allow any motorcycle to join the ride if they can get in on time.
Speaker 3: You got two wheels and a motor bring it. That's the way it works. Man riding's riding.
Speaker 9: It doesn't make any difference. We do not discriminate.
Speaker 3: I'm standing here in the parking lot in Sonoma, California, and I'm seeing Kalasaki's and Yamahas, and there's some goal wings. We got tricks, we got sidecars, we got Harley's. We've got those other three wheel things. What are they called canams, canams or whatever they are. We've got those things.
Speaker 9: We got a little bit of everything.
Speaker 6: Now people get to come out and get some pictures and things like that at the expo on May fifth, when you guys swing through town as part of this journey across America?
Speaker 2: Can I make a donation if I stop by?
Speaker 9: Yes, Yes, for sure.
Speaker 3: And we have you know, you can go to Kyle Pitticherry Ride dot com to find out where we're going to be. If if you're not close to just say Okay, we're coming. We're coming this highway into town or whatever it may be, so you can come out and do that. You can make a donation on site. You can go straight to Victoryjunction dot org and listen. And this is this is what I preach all the time. Go to Victory Junction dot org. And if you know a child who can benefit from this camp, call camp and let us know and we'll get that child a camp. Six to sixteen years old. We see multiple, multiple, multiple disease groups and the illness and we have we've seen, like I said, one hundred and fifty thousand kids from fifty states and six foreign countries totally free of charge. So it costs the parents nothing for their children to go to camp. This is what it's all about. We didn't want to be a burden.
Speaker 6: Kyle Petticharity ride dot com. If you guys want to find out more, it's going to make a stop in Tulsa on May fifth, over at the Expo Fairgrounds. You've been doing this a long time, thirty years. What is something that the nubes find out? Because people think it's an easy ride, it's all fun, but it's a grind to do this long.
Speaker 2: Of a ride.
Speaker 3: Yeah, here's what the news find out the first days, five hundred and fifteen miles. So if you if you're a nubie and don't know how to ride, yeah, yeah, you better just stay in the parking lot, man, because this is a ride. This is not this is not a parade. This is not a wave And give the princess or the queen wave to everybody as you go through town. We ride, and that's what we do. And you know, I think that's our longest day. Our shortest day is about three hundred and eighty miles this year or something. So it's a nine day trip from here back.
Speaker 9: To Charlotte, North Carolina.
Speaker 3: We're going to zigzag our way across and do things that are strictly American this year because it's America's two hundred and fiftieth birthday, centennial of Highway fifty to centennial of Route sixty six or so much going on right now. So yeah, it's definitely a ride.
Speaker 2: What's your favorite part of the ride?
Speaker 6: Is it the first day, the last day, what's the thing you really look forward to every year?
Speaker 3: So honestly, and I say this, and this is so crazy. The thing I look forward to is the people along the way, the people that you meet, the people that come out at the gas stop, or the people that come out at night to the hotel to talk to you. We were in Arkansas a number of years ago and the state dog calling Champion came out and gave us an exhibition in the parking lot. Man, you don't get that when you're traveling across country in a minivan. You know what I mean. I mean it was fantastic. So you meet some of the most interesting people, and you meet people that have stories, have stories about racing, have stories about kids that have come to camp. It doesn't make any difference, but you hear a million stories across the country. That is my favorite part. Honestly, these nine days, there's a highlight every day.
Speaker 2: Kyle Petty's joining us.
Speaker 6: The Kyle Petty Charity Ride is going to make a stop in Tulsa on May fifth, over at the Fairgrounds. You want to find out more Kyle Petti Charity Ride dot com. You've been around NASCAR your whole life. Nice NASCAR fans and the NASCAR community is just really charitable and just a good group of people. Does this ride need more to you now than anything you did in NASCAR.
Speaker 9: Oh yeah, for sure, for sure.
Speaker 3: And you know, even my dad we were talking not long ago and we were talking about the camp and stuff like that, and you know, just out of the blue. Man, he's eighty eight years old and now of the blue. He said, you know, I won a lot of races and won championships. And I'm like, yeah, you won the most most races, most championships. You know, I got that, you know. But he's like, you know, I think nobody's going to remember that in one hundred years. But everybody's going to remember the children that came through that camp. Everybody's going to remember that you helped that we helped another community, that we help people. And he said, that's something that's so much bigger than winning races, so much bigger than trophies. It means a lot more.
Speaker 6: And this ride you probably interact with so many people, but is there an interaction with a family or a kid on the ride like that will be here on May fifth over at the expo that sticks with you, that really struck you in a really good way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, I honestly, you know, so many of these kids we see kids with a lot of the kids that we see, and let me say this, a lot of the kids that we see spend thirty or forty days a year in the hospital. We see very sick kids. These kids are We have full time doctors on staff and full time nurses. And I can't tell you how many times through the years that we've run through a city and met a camper family or met a potential camper family, and all this little boy or girl wanted to do was ride a motorcycle and we would ride them across town to the other side of town. And those moments for these riders and those moments for that child, they just stick out. Man, they just stick out because it's like, yeah, man, we did something and the kid got to do something, and we're doing good and it's just I mean, it makes everybody feel good. Everybody's win win. I will tell you this is we say it all the time. You can stand back in a parking lot and patch yourself on the back and say, look at what we're doing for other people. But in the end, when you go to camp and you see these kids and you get to spend time with them, you leave camp and you say man, look at what these kids just did for me. You know, they just totally change my perspective on life. They totally change my spirit. So that the kids are the special ones. We just happen to be their caretakers for the time they're here.
Speaker 6: Let's talk for a minute about the ride in general, because when you're compared to what you're you know, the past of writing and having guys in your ear and the team and all that, this is a little different.
Speaker 2: You're just it's by yourself.
Speaker 6: You're in your head right when you are riding down the road on a journey like this, what do you think about?
Speaker 2: Where does your mind go?
Speaker 6: What's what's the part that you really enjoy thinking about when you're doing such a long ride.
Speaker 3: So here's the thing, man, you don't want to get in my head. I take a bad Guarantino movie. You know, I don't want to be in my head, man, But.
Speaker 9: It is it.
Speaker 3: It gives you the opportunity to think of something and it's crazy. It's crazy. I've ridden this ride and get to thinking about something that we need a camp. Do we need a we need an indoor sports arena, or we need something. And by the time we get to the end of the ride. You know, we I've talked to enough people on the ride, We've sketched out a plan and uh, you know, we've we've laid out something we've got. We've just different things, you know, and it makes you focus. Uh, And you do focus because there's nothing nothing else but the beautiful scenery and the people that you meet. But you do focus on what we're doing this for, and you focus on the kids, and you focus on the camp and uh, you know, every year we come back, we have a different plan for camp and we've been able to implement some of them. We just tore up the water park and build a brand new water park two years ago from a design that we came up with cross country one year and uh, We'll continue to do stuff like that.
Speaker 2: What do you carry on you to eat or to nibble on?
Speaker 6: What's your luxury thing you have with you on you're on your bike while you're riding.
Speaker 3: Listen Toosi pops Man, There's there's nothing better. There used to be an old program came on Kojak with Telly savalas Man. He always had a Tutsi pop in his mouth. I can't tell you how many how many licks it takes to get to the center because I always bite him way before that, just like everybody else. But man, you got to have a bag full of TUTSI pops.
Speaker 8: Are you a pocket snacks kind of guy? When I'm riding, I'm a pocket snack kind of guy. I'll take the jerky out of the bag, put it in my pocket.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 8: Well, I'm when I'm running down the road, I just reaching there and boom, get the muncheon.
Speaker 9: Yeah, for sure, for sure. Man.
Speaker 3: You know I'll tell you this story. So one time I got behind the pack. I got behind the pack of Mountain Wyoming and I'm way behind. Man, I'm like ten or fifteen miles behind, and I'm I'm running to catch up. And I try to set my cruise control at a at a triple digit number, and my cruise control won't set. And I finally get it to set in the high two digit numbers like ninety three, ninety four. And I'm cruising a long and I don't have a snack, and I reach back in my tour packed by my tea bag behind me, and I pull out a power bar and I unwrapped that thing. I hadn't seen a car in a thousand miles man, and I unwrapped that thing and start eating it. Look in the mirror and there's a blue light right on me. I ease over the side of the road and guy he comes up and wants to see my license registration.
Speaker 2: I show him.
Speaker 3: He said, I just saw your name on the side of some of these trucks that went by here with this motorcycle ride. And I said, yeah, I'm with them. He said, do you know how fast you were running? And I said ninety three. I said it wouldn't said at one hundred, wouldn't set at ninety nine. Its only said at ninety three. And he said, at least you're honest, man, at least you're on it. And he said where you headed? And I said to headed down the Green River and he said, fall in behind me. He said, I'll get you caught up. I fell in behind this state patrolman and we run, man, We run one hundred, one hundred and five.
Speaker 9: Caught up.
Speaker 3: And all he wanted when he got there was a picture with Richard Petty and hershel Walker because Hersha Walker.
Speaker 9: Was with us that year.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, I've told those guys a million times y'all got me out of one, right there. Man, y'all got me out of a big ticket.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I would imagine seeing the you know, Petty on the card makes it they love that. That's awesome, man, what a great story. What's the hardest stretch. What's the part of this ride that you're like, this is it the first couple of days? What is it for you that you're like, man, this I got to get my head in the game.
Speaker 9: Okay.
Speaker 3: So the hardest stretch every day, every day is the first leg, is the first show stop, because you're coming, You've been into town at night, you know, and you've got your stuff, and it just takes you that first takes me that first seventy hundred miles to get back into the swing of just relaxing and setting on the bike and ride. And it's every day, man, every day. Once I passed that first one hundred hundred and twenty five, man, I'm good for another four or five hundred. But it's that first little bit. It's the first steps of the journey every day that are the hardest.
Speaker 6: Kyle Petty Charity Ride dot com. It's going to be in town on May fifth. Go by and meet some of the celebrities is going to be there. Make a donation, find out more at Kyle Petty Charity Ride dot com. Mister Petty, it's been great talking to you. Good luck with the ride. We can't wait to see on May fifth, over at the Fairgrounds.
Speaker 3: Thank you guys, thanks for having me this morning. I appreciate everything you do.
Speaker 6: All right by the right say thanks. We're gonna take a break and we'll be back.
Speaker 2: If you're listening to The Big Man Morning Show,